Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and xsp can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cibo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode ninety five On a glorious NFL Monday, it doesn't get better than yesterday for me in the NFL, I mean the AFC wes the toughest division in the astray of football. Well, the Broncos, thinking they lost the Raiders are total embarrassment. They lost to TV analysts. The Chargers I actually think are dangerous, but they lost again. They're too banged up. Meanwhile, the Chiefs Coast and bigger picture, all those mighty buffalo builds. Oh boy, so much to get to, including maybe the single greatest gambling moment of my life. The only way yesterday could have been better is if my son was there to share it with me. However, Demanse had a little staycation, got a little spot up in the what are the the what are those mountains called? About an hour and a half north of New York. Uh, someone will tell me. I forget the name of it. It's a beautiful spot. That lady come in from out of town, the cat Skills. That's right, matt Ford. So Demanse, fresh off a night's little staycation in the New York City area, here to work. Good to see you, buddy, net You know what you want to show the evolution of our working relationship. Never once doubt it checked on you where you were at, worried about you not getting here? Not a single moment of like, h, when's the mon taking to get here? I knew he had a bit of a drive to get down to the studio, no problem. So let's get to what's not. By the way, that's a lie. I was furiously checking your local No, I'm just kidding. I believed in you, all right. Let's get right to what missed the cut for today's show, Lakers Beat the Nets. Anthony Davis looked like Anthony Davis from a few years ago. Embiid, This is not a hyperb is not hyperbole. Joel Embiid had one of the greatest regular season games anyone's had in the history of the sport. He had. He was two assists and three blocks away from a quadruple nobble and had fifty nine points by game scorer, which is basketball references kind of catch all statistic. It was one of the ten best games regular season or postseason anyone has played in the league in forty years. Wow, that's what Joel Embiid did last night. Not on the show, Roger Goodell says, four more years of games in Germany. I don't know if it's in the show or not. Demas, I told you about the flight. I told you about the time change with the Seahawks. Yeah, and you were still sleeping when that game kicked off. Seattle actually got it together at the end, but you know what they looked like, like they were sleepy, Like the time change had really messed with him, I told you. And then a quarterback controversy in Arizona. Oh, I'm so mad that we weren't able to do picks once it was clear it was going to be both backup quarterbacks. Now, I did make a bet yesterday on the Cardinals plus three, and the Cardinals went out right because they were both both starting quarterbacks were out Stafford and Kyler, and the Cardinals hate Kyler, so I at least it appears that way. So none of that is actually on the show. But what is on the show today is well, go ahead, demonse.
Speaker 4: The Vikings Bill's possible Super Bowl preview was the game of the year so far.
Speaker 3: It was the game of the year. The Bill showed question.
Speaker 4: Bill choked away the game and are now third place in their own division dirt.
Speaker 3: Wait, you mean the conference right in their own division in the AFC's there's only four teams. Yeah, they're in third. Oh my goodness, gracious magic Mountain.
Speaker 4: Allen had one of the weirdest fumbles ever in his own end zone and at the end of regulation the game ended when he threw an interception in the Vikings in the Vikings end zone and overtime finished the game with three turnovers despite throwing for three hundred and thirty yards and eighty four rushing. Those have now lost two straight games and continue to prove that they can't win close games. Is it time to start asking if Josh Allen can win big games.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of questions we need to ask. Here's the first question. When am I getting my apology? When are they're going I need apologies or resignations from fellow media members that said I was the biased, one that said I was the one who refused to acknowledge that that guy who leads the NFL on interceptions, who leads the NFL in total turnovers, who leads the NFL in interception to mumbles, combined that that guy was the best quarterback in football. Give me a break.
Speaker 4: I have a question. Yeah, do you think that Josh Allen has Not to say that you were going to compare him to Patrick Malomes or anything, but would you say that Josh Allen has like a better surrounding cast than Patrick Wells this year?
Speaker 3: Yes, previous years now, Because what we're seeing is Tyreek Hill might have actually been underrated in Kansas City, like people thought of him as a top five receiver when he's clearly, without a doubt, either the best or the second best. The only reason I might say second best is because of Justin Jefferson More on him in a moment, but this year. Yeah, and we'll get to Mahomes later, making Kadarius Tony look like the guy he was drafted to be, making it work with anybody and everybody. Second most touchdown passes in football is twenty. Mahomes is at twenty five. He's already at his by He's at twenty five. He's so we'll talk Chiefs later. But I want to talk about the Bills. I want to talk about Josh Allen. I want to talk about QB one in the NFL. I want to talk about a guy. Yeah, put up the tweet Magic Mountain. Allen back with a vengeance. Remember America, you gotta be six or five and wildly overrated to get on this roller coaster. Hey guys, this was the game. The Bills were up seventeen with less than seventeen minutes remaining. You should win that game. The Vikings, then this is not on. Josh Allen popped off an eighty yard touchdown run on the first play after falling down seventeen, cut it to ten. The Bills then drive the length of the field and Josh Allen makes his first abysmal decision of the game. Throwing an interception in the end zone and then it gets returned, and Josh Allen, because he just can't help himself, not only goes for the tackle but leads with his injured throwing elbow and is laying on the ground. However, it didn't He's big and strong and powerful and tough, didn't seem to really affect him. And then what happens, Oh my god, one of the greatest moments of this NFL season. So the Vikings can't get out of their own way because they're the Vikings. Justin Jefferson makes one of the greatest catches you will ever see, and arguably, given the fact that it was on fourth and eighteen they ended up winning the game, you could make the argument it's the greatest catch in NFL history. I'm gonna before I get on TV today, I'm gonna watch a compilation of the greatest catches in nfella stree so I can determine if I actually think it's the best. But my god, it's right there. And but then they get to the goal line, Kirk Cousins trips, they get stuffed, they score a touchdown, it gets called back. They then sneak with Cousins don't get it. They're now forty two seconds loot. The Bills are up by four. They have the ball, the Vikings of one timeout. The Bills have to execute two snaps and they win the game. They didn't even get to the second snap because Josh Allen fumbled in his own end zone. Fun fact. Fumbled the quarterback center exchange. Fun fact. In the last decade there have been two fumbles by a quarterback on his own one yard line. Those fumbles were Josh Allen yesterday and you guessed it Josh Allen in twenty twenty. So the Vikings fall on it and score. Yep. It's like, oh boy, they're gonna win the game. The Bills then drive the field thanks to in part thanks to the refs missing an obvious incompletion. They called it complete. They didn't review it. It was clear that only the refs can review inside two minus. They get the field goal. Vikings then drive the field again, but they get stopped, held to a field goal. Oh Buffalo, you can't blame the coin toss. Now, now you get the ball. Everything you hoped for in that game against the Chiefs and the playoffs when you whined and cried and you got the rules changed and they have a second and ten from the Vikings twenty. Tie is in the bag. And keep in mind, if you're Buffalo, a tie is actually not a total disaster because you were already the one seed, so it's obviously not as good as a win, but a tie at the end of the year could be beneficial when it comes to your division. You don't mind a tie because right now I don't want to get into the math of it. But Miami, who's competing with you in the division, has the tiebreaker with you at the moment. So if you guys finish with the same record, then Miami's gonna get it anyway. But with a tie, you can't finish with the same record. So but whatever, second and ten from the twenty, you're gonna have two shots to the end zone, two shots to get a first down, and then you kick a field goal. But no one said they got one shot to the end zone because all Josh, Josh threw another pick. So that's three fourth quarter turnovers in a game you were up seventeen with a minute and a half left in the third quarter. And now I do a sober analysis of Josh Allen's career. Year one, people thought he was a bust. People hated the pick. When it happened, he was vindicating what the critics said about him. Two steady legitimate improvement. The Bills make the playoffs. In that playoff game, he throws the latteral over the back of his head running down the field for no reason. They lose. Year three, the biggest leap we have seen from a quarterback from year two to year three ever, with the only close second being two of This year, they make the AFC Championship Game. He almost wins the league MVP. They make the AFC Championship Game, they lose to Mahomes. Year four, they go into the season with preseason Super Bowl hype. He is a preseason MVP candidate. They beat the Chiefs early in the regular season. They then go into a tailspin, lose five of seven, get hot at the very end of the year. He plays amazing in the two playoff games, kind of offset the fact that he didn't wasn't even a Pro bowler last year and Mac Jones was. But they lose to the Chiefs. This year, they are the overwhelming Super Bowl favorites. He is the over MVP favorite early in the year, they beat the Chiefs, and now it looks like the tailspin is underway. Since beating the Chiefs, they've played the Packers. They've played the Packers well for one half. Then they were up double digits on the Jets and lost, and up double digits on the Vikings and lost. And Josh Allen keeps throwing red zone interceptions. So all I'm saying is I told you so that there is a legitimate debate about who is the second best quarterback in football, and he is in that debate. There is no legitimate debate about who is the best quarterback in football. He plays in Kansas City, he wears number fifteen, and there will be no arguments otherwise. Next, all right, now, oh wow, pole question, but do you trust Josh Allen in a big game? Seventy percent say no, thirty percent say yes. Yikes, how the Mighty have fallen? Next?
Speaker 4: All right, Now to the two seed in the NFC and the Vikings. After being down twenty seven to ten late in the third, Minnesota scored three straight touchdowns. Justin Jefferson had an all time catch on a huge fourth down. Kirk Cousins was clutch when he had to be, and they're always poison in these closed games. Man, the Vikings have a team of destiny, feels to them at being eight and one.
Speaker 3: All right, let me talk on the Jefferson catch for a moment. It's it's impossible what he did. And I know people like, oh, but they didn't score on that drive because Kirk Cousins and getting stuck at the goal line. That was fourth and eighteen. There's two minutes left, Vikings have one time out. If he doesn't get that, the Bills win the game. Undeniable. I understand they didn't score, but they got down to the inch line, which is what set up the Josh Allen disaster. Right, it's an all time catch by a guy who was a chance to be an all time player. There's just it is. I think he and Tyree have separated themselves from every other receiver in the league that they change the math of how good the team can be. With that said, do I look at them, Do I think they are as good as their record says they are. I don't do. I still have some concerns, some significant concerns about Kirk Cousins, who made a couple of boneheaded mistakes in this game as well. I do, and I understand Vikings fans feel this is unfair, And you know what you should feel. It's unfair. Your team is eight and one and your one loss is to the undefeated Philadelphia Eagles. You should feel like that you should be considered a top three team in football, that the three best teams in football, in some order or another, should be the Eagles, the Chiefs, and the Vikings. And you are not quite getting that respect. I'm telling you right now. It's not just me saying here's one demanse this will be well. I don't want to give it away. But next week the Vikings play the Cowboys in Minnesota. Vikings at home against the Cowboys. We'll talk about the Cowboys in a moment. What do you think the points spread in that game is? What do you think the line is?
Speaker 2: Vikings versus Cowboys.
Speaker 3: At home, Vikings versus Cowboys in Minnesota? In Minnesota? What do you think of this? Vikings are eight one, Cowboys are now six.
Speaker 2: And three, Minnesota minus three and.
Speaker 3: A half, Dallas minus two, oh Vegas. That that's the point either, correct? So it is there is an odd thing happening right now where the Vikings. They win close games, and maybe the close games part is what people don't respect. They beat the Dolphins, granted without two of them. They crushed the Packers to start the year. They have played a soft schedule, but the Bills at Buffalo was one of the toughest games on anyone's schedule all year and they just won coming back from seventeen down. Am I ready to call them legitimate contenders? I'm sorry, I'm not. If they were to get the one seed, if Philly were to slip up and Minnesota all of a sudden is guaranteed to have the games at home and a bye, then I will look into calling them the favorites. However, if they're the if they're the two seed and it's Sam Francisco going into their building to start the playoffs, and then I and they have to win three straight games to make it to the super Bowl, I don't know that I believe in that. Justin Jefferson's unbelievable, and Kirk Cousins is just on the you're gonna have to prove me wrong list, and I apologize for that. He also, by the way, well Josh Allen has the most interceptions of football. Kirk Cousins top three right now our top four, and he threw a couple in this game as well.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right? In a do or die game for the Packers, Rogers proved that he hasn't completely washed. But the Cowboys hack had multiple turnovers and multiple breakdowns on defense leading into over into the overtime loss. Yeah, they're now third in the NFC East and Mike McCarthy made a very sketchy decision to go for it on fourth and two and ot does this look a lot worse for the Cowboys or then it looks good for the Packers?
Speaker 3: I think so. I said on TV Friday that if the Packers win, I'm not gonna sit here and say, oh, the Packers are back. I don't think they're back now. That rookie receiver Christian Watson right first play of their season, they scrapped up a seventy five yard bomb to him. He's open, he drops it. He didn't have a single touchdown catch all year. He had three yesterday, and his speed and athleticism and ability to get opened that could help Green Bay immensely. However, this was more an indictment on Dallas than it was a compliment to Green Bay. In my opinion, that's scary. Dallas's run defense has been their one problem throughout the season, and then questions about you know is Dak? How good is Dak is? Really? And Dak had a couple bad interceptions early when it looked like the Cowboys were just going to be able to run away and hide in this game they went up seven to nothing, Rogers fumbled, they had the ball inside the twenty, Dak threw a pick that he then threw another pick immediately after. I understand Seelamb might have run the wrong route, still back to back picks, But the real reason people don't believe in Dallas is I guess it's twofold. One is questions about Dak, but the other is the coach. And McCarthy's decision to not kick the field goal in overtime was bafflington. And you here's the other problem. It was third and three, third and four, they're on the thirty five yard line, so it'll be a fifty two yard field goal. I understand it's outdoors and it's cold, but that's in your kickers range. However, if you think you're right on the edge of the range and you're not gonna kick it, or you might not kick it. How do you not run the ball on third and three to see if you pick it up because they're expecting a pass, or get it if you know you're going for it on fourth, try to get it to where it's fourth and one and you have everything available to you. It didn't seem to me by their play call on third they knew they were going for it on fourth. That's problematic in my opinion. Like the one of the benefits of going for it on fourth downs is you do have a lot more flexibility on third downs. It can be third and seven and you can run the ball. Third and three, you certainly can run the ball. But here's the other thing, after you don't get it. That Cowboys defense is supposed to be the calling card. It's supposed to You had a fourteen point lead in the fourth quarter with that Cowboys defense. Micah Parsons, I'm told is Lawrence Taylor. Now, I think Michael Parsons excellent, But it's I like Green Bay's offense has been humming all year. They've been doing nothing. You let green Bay have its first explosive scoring game of the year, Yet you had a coaching Every potential red flag for the Cowboys popped up in this game. McCarthy did McCarthy's stuff. Dak made some bonett of mistakes and the defense, I don't want to say got exposed but didn't exactly bathe itself in glory. All of that is problematic if you want me to believe in the Cowboys as a super Bowl team. And now here's the other thing. I the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs, but do I trust Dalla. Dallas is still yet going into yesterday, was another team that was gonna have an outside shot of the one seed because they get Philly again, right, and Philly is the again. It was gonna be hard. But Philly has played the Giants again. They have to play them. There was going to be they have played Washington twice. Washington all of a sudden, not a total pushover. Philly was going to have a couple losses coming up. And if Dallas, you know, could have beaten them, could have handled the Giants, they were there. Now if the playoffs start today, Dallas is the sixth seed. And so that's a bad loss. It's a bad loss in particular because you had control of the game twice. You had control of the game up seven to nothing, the Packers on the ball over chance to go up fourteen nothing. You controlled the game again up twenty eight fourteen in the fourth quarter. So that's a bad loss, by the way. Previous poll question you can ask or give comments or ask questions in the chat. We'll do those in the sea. Bloff was justin Jefferson's catch the best catch ever, sixty seven percent say yes, I there are a couple catches in the Super Bowl that the helmet catch, obviously the Tyree catch kept the Super Bowl alive. And thought that one with the guy this when he was on the Patriots, the ball was like falling. So I was about to say that those are the two catches in the Super Bowl that they kept the game alive and that team ended up going on to win. Those catchers are the most important catches ever. This style points and the importance was super about as important as a catch can be in a regular season game. So on that scale it's a ten out of ten, but obviously pales and comparison to a playoff game or a Super Bowl. But on degree of difficulty, the only thing that comes close to this is the Odell catch. The Odell catch in this catch. So the Tyreean Edelman catches are at the very very top of the list. But if you remove the added bonus points you get from it being in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: This would be the best catchup all right. Last one, Jeff Saturday. Jeff Saturday's Colts went on the road and shocked the Raiders. Sorry about your picks, listen, Hey buddy expected that.
Speaker 3: Hey, well, I'll explain in them all. By the way, Washington governors to night. We have another winning weeks back to the best winning week. So we're just frowing for you. Thank you, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Saturday put Matt Ryan back in the lineup and he looked pretty solid. Meanwhile, this season is a complete disaster for the Raiders. Derek Carr cried and his press are talking about it more impressed with Saturday and the Colts were embarrassed by McDaniel's and the Raiders dumpster fire.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna say something here that might be a little controversial. The NFL needs to heavily find Jeff Saturday. Find him, Yeah, get you have gambling partners. Gambling is legal and a lot of places.
Speaker 2: Are you saying for putting Matt Ryan back.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm saying start. He didn't start Ellinger and then go to Ryan. They they said all week Ellnger was the quarterback. Ellinger was listed as the starter. He then started Matt Ryan. Obviously, part of the math on betting against the Raiders, I mean betting against the Colts, on picking on doing all of that is the fact. That is the fact that I thought Sam Ellinger, a sixth round pick, a second rounder, I mean a sixth round pick, a second year player, was going to be playing. He's been terrible, and then you start Matt Ryans. Well, there's a you're not lie. There's a reason you have official depth charts, there's a reason you have to give injury reports. That's bs man. It's just not right now, Matt. I'm act like Matt Ryan's great, but Matt Ryan is either horrific or it's like, oh, that's Matt Ryan, the guy I picked to win eleven games this year and win the division. I would have never I would have never laid almost a touchdown with the Raiders it no matter who the coach was. That's just outrageous. I can't believe. It's not a bigger story. It's it's just it's not right. You can't you can't screw around with that. Like people gamble on these things, and it's legal to gamble on these things, and there's betting partners and you like at his introductory press conference, he's ever sticking with Allaner, the owner who made if I'm Frank Reich, by the way, I am beside myself. Frank Reike wanted to stick with Matt Ryan. The owner said you have to go to Ellinger. They then are terrible for two weeks, so they five him. They bringing a boner, brings in his drinking buddy, and then the drink buddy watches two days of practice and it's like, yo, or not starting our best quarterback. The owner is like, no problem, go ahead. I don't give anyone a heads up. It's just and here's the other thing about it that makes it it just makes it just so outrageous because the was that that was one of the afternoon games, right, I have that correct? That was I'm gonna double check, but I think that game, that game was a late start. Yeah, it was one of the three. It was three four o'clock starts. So here's the other thing, because yes, there were reporters in the thirty minutes before the game tweeting ah Matt Ryan's taking snaps from the starting center. That's weird. A couple of things. One is if you have the Raiders in a tease that those bets are in by one pm, it second of all, that that game, those tweets are going out during the end of vikings bills like there's right. Yeah, it's just outrageous. It's just really outrageous. And the fact that the game happened in Vegas makes it more insulted to the gambling capital of the world. Now to the Raiders. The Raiders last year had a player allegedly drunk driving kill a person, a key player. He never played for them again and got arrested. They had a coach who's one of the most powerful coaches in the league controlled every part of the team, fired because racist emails got exposed and he was forced out. They did not have DeVante Adams. Last year. That team made the playoffs and was in a he had a chance in the final moment of their playoff game to beat the Bengals. That team has none of that going on this year added DeVante Adams and they are maybe the worst team in the league. Josh McDaniels should be so mortified by what has happened there. They are two to seven. They just lost to Jeff Saturday. Their only wins this year are against the Texans and Ross. That's it. They have lost to the Prince that was promised. They got shut out by the Saints, who are awful. They lost to the Colts, who had given up on the season. They lost to the Cardinals, whose stink this team it is.
Speaker 2: Fonte Adams and Aaron Rodgers need each other so much.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an interesting An interesting question is this, if the Packers move off of Aaron this summer, would the Raiders try to trade for reunite Devonte Adams and Aaron Rodgers. It's an interesting idea. All right, there's a lot there. We still have not talked about Sunday Night Football. We still have not really talked about the Chiefs and the single greatest gambling moment of my life. In fact, we will start the next segment with the single greatest gambling moment of my life. That's next, What's right.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable, discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion. And Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Kanavai. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: All Right, welcome back in episode ninety five, What's right with Nick? Right? So, huh. So we're gonna get to your comments and questions in a moment or in the next segment, But first I have to I'm gonna text you to Monse because I don't want to hand you my phone because I want this to be a fun reveal what happened yesterday, Uh, when I was gambling. So I don't typically make single game parlays, you know that. Yeah, I'm more of a straight better however, and I'm not gonna say the betting outfit that I used. There's for this one there's there's a betting, there's a site legitimate you know, regulated side or whatever that has given out some pretty good odds on single game parlays that you can't get elsewhere. And so yesterday I only had I had the five bets from the show I had. I did end up doing a seven point teaser. I had the Seahawks, which was a miracle teaser cover that ch So teased up to nine and a half. The Chiefs teased down to two and a half. Didn't need to tease that, but it worked anyway. The there was one other what was the other one in it? I know, and the Chargers teased up to fourteen and a half. Oh, and the Steelers teased up to seven, and so that one won. But I didn't have much else. But I was like, you know what, let me put in a single I was thinking about the Chiefs game and go through what I just text you, the five different legs of it. Okay, yeah, read out was started the Travis at.
Speaker 2: Okay, under eighty and a half for Travis total rushing yards.
Speaker 3: Okay, So my logic on the Chiefs game was the follower I all the Chiefs would be in control throughout and so the Jags would have to throw, throw, throw, throw, throw. So I didn't think at ten would get a lot of touches. I also let me so I didn't think at t end would get a lot of carries. I thought Trevor would. And I've watched the Jags every week this year. He dinks and dunks a lot more than I wish he would, so a lot of completions on a ton of yards. And because I thought he was going to be running throughout, I thought he might scramble some. And then on the chief side of things, Kelsey, with one hundred yards yesterday would have set the all time record for receiving yards by or one hundred yard games by a tight end. Okay, and then you put all Kelsey would eighty and a half. You'll get to it. Yes. Kadarius Tony the Chief's new wide receiver. So McCole Hardman was out with an injury. They had used Tony the first possession with him on the team. They threw the ball top I know, Andy Reid, I'm like, you know what, this guy has never scored a touch. He's gonna try with a full week of practice to get him in the ind So yeah, So tell the audience the five legs of that parlay.
Speaker 2: So I already said the track.
Speaker 3: Gravis Etty in under eighty and a half?
Speaker 2: What else Travis Kelcey over eighty and a half?
Speaker 3: All right, more on that in a moment, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Old receiving yards that we got and if Trevor Lawrence total passing completions over twenty three and a half.
Speaker 3: Right, so and so, so everyone knows where we're at on these and we'll get to the Kelsey one in a moment. At ten we had under eighty and a half rushing yards. He ended with forty five. Lawrence, we had over twenty three and a half completions. He ended with twenty nine. We'll do Kelsey in a moment.
Speaker 2: What else is Tony to score a touchdown?
Speaker 3: He scored his the first touchdown of the game. He ended the game with. As far as total yards, he had ninety total yards, six touches and a touchdown yep.
Speaker 4: And then over seventeen and a half rushing yards for Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trevor had one big scramble of eighteen which got it by itself. He ended with twenty six. Okay, so now to Kelsey. Kelsey had a forty six yard catch almost immediately then did nothing and the Chiefs were crushing. Going into the final drive of the game, Demonse he had seventy seven yards receiving. I need eighty one. But the Chiefs are up ten and just trying to run out the club, and I'm like, oh my god, they're he's not gonna get it. Like there's gonna run, run, run, and if they could stop, they're gonna punt. With like two minutes left, up ten, fourth and two at the Jags thirty five ish, they go for it to just put the game away. They throw to Kelson. He gets it and then as if he knew the prop was eighty point five. After getting the first down, lunged it was fourth and two, not fourth and fourth. Lunged for an extra yard and they put him at four. I thought it was a three yard game. They called it a four yard game. So he finished at eighty one yards and the Chiefs took knees.
Speaker 2: It's like no type of thing.
Speaker 3: You want to hug him so well, you're gonna see how much I wanted to hug him in a second. Do not say this on the air, but I have now text you the next picture, which has look at the bottom of it, it was a forty to one bet forty to one for those we're in there, look at the top, look at the current balance. Oh, forty to one. Yo, Yeah, that's a Kelsey dive. The chief went for on. Oh, I mean, you know what I said, don't say it. Let's go ahead and say it. I want thirty two thousand dollars forty one. I want thirty two grand because Kelsey does at the end. Is that not the unbelievable thing you've ever seen?
Speaker 2: I wasn't there for that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, amazing. And then I so he dove and I was like, I don't know if that's three yards or four yards. And now they're taking knees like games gonna be over. So I checked the Yahoo Sports app and they have mid eighty one and I'm like, oh god. So I'm like, but I don't know if that's official. So I go to NFL dot com and they have mid eighty one, and I'm like, is there gonna be sat correction? Like what's gonna happen? I was just worried, and I'm like, oh, it was good to be true. Then I'm like, oh, it's so close, like they're probably gonna wait to pay out credit to the book. Within two minutes of the game paid out. Oh my good, Oh my god, isn't that unbelievable. That's unbelievable. And I don't even make single game parlays typically, Like I just I knew Tony. I knew they were gonna try to get Tony a score, so I'm like that. I felt like that was like even money, and it was like six to one, So I'm like, let me just build out some something with that. And I feel great about it because the money obviously, but it was not just like random clicking of buttons. It was the exact game script I thought with the accept like, I knew it was the thought process. I knew that Trevor would throw the ballet on. I knew that at some point he'd run for his life. I knew at t N wouldn't get a bunch of carries. I just needed him not to break one. But where I was wrong on I thought the Chiefs came about Kelsey breaking this record at home. They didn't did, but Kelsey came. He didn't even It's not even like that was for one hundred yards right, that was that was just for me. That was just for me. Oh my god. And then Demonse, you have to understand how my day went. That happened at three fifty eight pm Eastern. At four h four pm Eastern, Josh Allen fumbled in the end zone and then at four to twenty he threw a pic to lose the game. It was I I just and I was home all alone. Your mom and your sisters were gone. It was just me and Dexter, just me and the dog. None of my friends came over to watch the games. You were gone, no one was there. And I'm just sitting there like, did this just happen? Am I having a dreamy man? With that said? What a Sunday? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What a Sunday.
Speaker 3: Weekend after Thanksgiving? The week after Thanksgiving going to Vegas. That's buked. It's booked. Oh I'm good, all right, Sorry for the long story. I hope it was worth it. All right, let's get to the actual B block now, go ahead, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Sunday night football.
Speaker 4: The forty nine ers picked or yeah, the forty nine Ers picked up a big win against the Chargers last night. So my coaching moves by Shanahan at the end meant you covered your plus seven.
Speaker 3: That was crazy Shanahan kicking. There was a minute left. They have fourth and goal from the one. They're up three, and they kicked the field goal. Now they ended up winning anyway, But I just don't understand the logic of it. Like if if you go for it and you score, the game's over. If you go for it and you don't get it, yes, I understand now a field goal times, but they are they're after one yard line, so they've got to go sixty five yards right to tie the game. See sixty five yards to get in field goal wage. Okay, if you kick the extra point, I'm sorry, kick the field goal. You're up six.
Speaker 2: Let's just assume you kick off.
Speaker 3: Now they as soon you kick off and you kick off and they kneel it. Yeah, now they have to go seventy five yard instead of sixty five yards. But the seventy five yards wins the game. It beats you, and they're not backed up on their own end. Like I couldn't believe it. I thought it was such a bad decision, but they ended. But because he did that, I had the Chargers plus seven in our picks here if you would have punched it in they lose by nine or ten? All right next? Or keep going?
Speaker 4: He's Nathaniel Hackett's guy. San fran is now only one game behind the Seahawks in the NFC West. Two questions, do you like Seahawks or San Francisco to win the ANFC West? And how is it that every AFC West team except for Kansas City turned out to be trash?
Speaker 3: Why don'tly Chargers are trash? The Chargers are very, very injured and if they get healthier, I mean, I think the Chargers absolutely could beat the Chiefs this week. Because here's the thing. If the Chiefs win this week against the Chargers, they are eight and two, the Chargers go to five and five, and the Chiefs swept them, right, So that would mean that if the Chargers lose this week, they would have to if they then won the rest of their games. If they would, they could finish twelve and five. The Chiefs would have to finish eleven and six from seven to two for them to win the division. You don't say what I mean, like so or no? So if the Chiefs, let me say that better. If the Chiefs win this week, they're eight and two and the Chargers are five and four, five and five. Even if the Chargers then went undefeated the rest of the way, that would get them to twelve and five. They would need the Chiefs from eight to two to finish the year, Is that right? Yeah? Three and four or else the Chiefs win the division. So this is the division championship this weekend for the Chargers, So I expect their absolute best punch. But if they're that injured, it might not matter. So now to your question on the NFC West, san Francisco's better than Seattle. The question is the schedule they have left. So they have a game against each other and it's in Seattle, but San Francisco already beat them. San Francisco has two left against Arizona game against the Raiders. San Francisco right now, to me, looks like they should be the favorites. See what Seattle schedule is looking like the rest of the way. Oh, Seattle's got ooh soft Raiders, Rams, Panthers. That game against the Niners Chiefs, that's brutal Jets Rams, Oh gosh. I don't know who I favor to win that neck and neck. I mean, I know this is gonna sound corny that it's gonna come down to the game between the two teams. I wonder who the biggest favorite is right now. Probably San Francisco. Oh, San Francisco minus two twenty Seattle plus two hundred, So they consider San Francisco a sizeable favorite. Let me put it like this, I consider San Francisco the favorite, but I wouldn't lay minus two twenty the divisional odds right now, by the way, people care the Bills down to minus one eighty, with the Dolphins up to plus thir to plus two forty, So the Bills not heavy favorites to win the division anymore, just favorites. Ravens minus four ninety, the Bengals plus four ninety, the Titans minus five point fifty the Prince that was promised plus seven to fifty, and Indie plus nine to fifty the Chiefs minus twelve fifty the Chargers ten to one. So that means Vegas thinks the Chiefs have already won the division. So then imagine if they beat them this week and then they swept them and they are four games clear of them. Yeah, Eagles minus six hundred, Dallas plus seven to fifty is still no respect for the Giants plus thirteen hundred Vikings minus three thousand, Green Bay twenty to one, Tampa minus four to twenty, Atlanta six to one. And I just told you San Francisco. All right, let's get to our game. What's our game today?
Speaker 2: Today? We are playing right or wrong? Yep.
Speaker 4: Over the past month, no one has exploded more than justin Fields. The Bears may not be winning, but the future is definitely brighton shotown right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Fields? Is the top ten quarterback right now? I say he's not. Let me let me you know what, right now?
Speaker 2: Say the dude's top ten man.
Speaker 3: Okay, So let's do It's in no particular order. I'm just gonna go through the standings. So it's team by team. Two was ahead of him, Josh Allen's ahead of him, Mahomes is ahead of him, Herbert's ahead of him. You can tell me if you disagree on any of them. Lamar's ahead of him, Joe Burrows ahead of him. I'd love to say it, but I can't put the prince those promised ahead of him. I'd love to, but I can't right now. So that's six. Jalen hurts Jalen Hurts is ahead of him. So that's seven No One in the NFC West. Okay, So then it would come down to so there's seven guys Dak Prescott, uh Geno Smith, I said No. One of the MC West, Gino Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Tom Brake. Those five guys, he would have to be better than three of them. And he's a top ten guy. So he's I'm gonna say close, close, but it is. But he is top three most exciting. Yeah, must see TV and they're finally using him. He still doesn't have receivers and they got Hose Chicago. That's a picky lost. It was bs Man. They were up fourteen points, picked off golf, returned it inside the ten, and a very questionable flag took it off for it. So the Bears last week didn't get a defensive past interference call that they could have won the game on, and then this week got either illegal contact something that it was going to be a seventeen point Bears lead. Instead, the Lions kept the ball scored, then fields through a terrible pick as one terrible play of the game. They end up losing by a point after a missed extra point and the Lions drive down the field. But Fields is all of a sudden vindicating the draft pick. And here's the other thing I think is answering about Justin Fields. The San Francisco forty nine ers and the Justin Fields draft traded three picks to move up to get Trey Lance. Can you imagine that Niners rushing attack right now with Justin Fields as their quarterback? Right That's what they thought they were getting with Trey, but Trey got hurt and Trey hasn't played. That would be an unstoppable team right now. And by the way, I think the Niners, I don't even think they had to trade up if they would have stayed where they were and drafted Fields. I think they they traded three picks to move all the way to three. Let me look at that real quick. I just want to sorry my apology. Twenty nineteen NFL draft with was it the twenty nineteen draft. No, it'd be the twenty twenty draft. So the Niners moved up to get Trey Lance. Oh, the twenty twenty one draft. I'm such an idiot. I forget what year it is. It's two years ago. Moved up to get Trey Lance. They oh, no, justin Field's win eleven, and they initially had the twelfth pick, so they wouldn't have been able to stay there, but they could have drafted him at three obviously. All right.
Speaker 4: Next, despite a late push from Geno Smith and the Seahawks, the Buccaneers became the first team to win an NFL game in Germany.
Speaker 2: They're now first in the NFC South.
Speaker 3: Right or wrong, the Bucks.
Speaker 2: Have turned the corner. Right, hasn't lost since the divorce.
Speaker 3: Correct and now on a buye won you know that stirring victory against the Rams. They didn't play well, but they stole a win. They then go to Germany, played really well early. Now, Gino, I give Gino credit. Gino, after a terrible fumble, made some unbelievable plays to make this game, including one of the best passes of the season, the fourth down touchdown. But all of a sudden, with the Falcons are stumbling having lost too in a row, Tampa has won two in a row. Tampa has the bye, then the Browns before Deshaun comes back right then the Saints, who are awful. Then they're at the Niners home for the Bengals. Those are two tough games, and then they finished the year at the Cardinals home for the Panthers at the Falcons. Feels like a team that is going to turn three and five into ten and seven, feel good about themselves, and be hosting, as I've been telling you all year, hosting Daniel Jones in a playoff. Especially now that Dallas has stumbled, the Giants are even more likely to be that five seed. Tampa's the four. So I do I see a world where I keep saying it, people think I'm crazy. Where Brady's path to the Super Bowl? Is it? It goes Daniel Jones, Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garoppolo. I see that world. I understand that means Philly loses its round one game. I think that's it's round two game. We'll see what the matchup is, but I think San Francisco could give Philly real trouble. I see that world. And by the way, in that world, they would maybe be hosting the NFC Championship. All right.
Speaker 4: Next uh, Kansas City covered nine and a half against Jacksonville and now controls their own destiny in the AFC.
Speaker 3: Right or wrong, Kansas City will be the number one seed in the AFC. I mean they absolutely should be. And now I didn't pick the Chiefs be the one seed this year. I think I can pick the Ravens. Uh but I because I thought there's that they were gonna get beaten. They were the first team in NFL history to play eight straight games against teams that are winning record the previous season. Here's the benefit to getting through that six and two and now being seven and two. Here's what they have the rest of the way. At the Chargers. That's a tough one. Their touchdown favorites, by the way, but they're at the Chargers. Then home for the Rams. The Rams might have lost Cooper Cup for the year yesterday. They're awful. At the Bengals. That is a tough one. But also the Bengals beat the Chiefs twice last year, including the AFC Championship game where Mahomes melted down to the only bad half of playoffootball he's ever played. So at the Chargers at the Bengals are tough ones. After that, at the Broncos, at the Texans, home for Seattle, home for the Broncos, at the Raiders. Even if they lose all of their tough games, and at the Chargers, I'm calling the tough game. They are seven point favorites. It feels like thirteen and four. And so the question then is, because they have the tiebreaker with Tennessee because they beat them, is Buffalo gonna go because Buffalo would get the tiebreaker with them? Is Buffalo gonna go the rest of the season and only lose once? I don't know how anyone could think that at this point, and so I don't know what would how the type breakerd with Miami would work if they finished for the same record to go to conference record. I I don't think the Ravens are only gonna lose one more time the rest of the way. It's looking like the old Arrowhead Invitational is on once again, and a buye, a buye for this team with no Tyreek Hill after that schedule would be unbelievable. And right now, unless the Eagles go undefeated, there should not be a debate about who league MVP is. It's Patrick Mahomes next, all right.
Speaker 4: The first place Dolphins crushed the Browns thirty nine and seventeen and firing on all cylinders, who had three touchdowns and the backfield combined for nearly two hundred yards. Right or wrong, the Dolphins have the best offense in football.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's the second best dolphense after the Chiefs. Well yeah, I mean, but that's not like right now, if the Dolphins have played one more game than Kansas City. Okay, so the Dolphins have played ten games, the Chiefs have played nine. The Chiefs have scored two hundred and seventy points. The Dolphins have scored two hundred and fifty points. So like the Chiefs have scored twenty more points in one less game. The Chiefs are averaging exactly thirty points per game. The Dolphins are averaging twenty five points per game. Right now, you can be like, oh, well they didn't have two or for two and a half of those games. That's fair. I still think the Chiefs are the best offense. But the Dolphins are legit scary. The Dolphins are legit scary. The defense needs to get better. But that the RPO stuff has been so hard for people to defend, and Tyreek is just unguardable. This is flatly unguardable, by the way. Fun fact, if we just do total points scored, not points per game, because they wouldn't. But but in total points scored, Miami's at two fifty two and third, Kansas City's at two seventy and first. The second the team that have scored the second most points this year, any guess it's a fun one. Now again, they've played ten games, so they have a bit of an advantage here. But do you do you want to throw a team out there or you just want me to tell you the Bills are fourth. The team that has scored the second most total points this year is oh, wait, Lions, Nope, not efore they fell off. You're fine. Seattle, Oh gino. Now if you do points per game, it then it then changes. Oh and you know what, I'm being a little unfair to Philly because I'm talking about Seattle has played ten games the Chiefs, you know, because they haven't had their buy. The Chiefs only played nine, Philly has only played eight. Philly's only played eight games because they played a night. But points per game goes. The Chiefs won at thirty, Philly two at twenty eight, Buffalo three at twenty seven point eight, Baltimore four at twenty six point one, and then Seattle five at twenty five point seven, all right next.
Speaker 4: All right, just when you thought the Rams season couldn't get any worse, Hooper Cup went down with a leg injury and a loss to the car Cardinals. Right or wrong, the Rams won't win another game without Cooper Cup.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's interesting because I think cup season's over because I think that it was. I think he's gonna miss at least a month and then at that point, why bring him back. So let's look at what they've got at the Saints. The Saints are truly awful. That's a maybe. At the Chiefs. That's a loss home for the Seahawks. That's a loss home for the Raiders. Is a maybe at them. No, they're gonna win. They'll win some games based on the strength of their defense alone. But they are gonna have the worst Super Bowl defense ever. They're three and six. They're gonna finish five and twelve. I think there are five maybe six win teams and they don't. By the way, here's another thing. Here's what the Lions have going for him. They have the Rams pick. So like there's an let me let me check this real quick. Is tankathon a thing for the NFL? I think it is draft order right now? Right now. The number one pick of the draft, this is crazy, would be Houston. That's not surprising. Number two is Las Vegas. Number three is Carolina, Okay, Number four right now, the fourth pick of the draft would be Philly because New Orleans traded them there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Number five is Jacksonville. Number six is Chicago. Number seven Seattle because Denver traded them there. Number eight Detroit because the Rams traded them their pick. Number nine Houston because Cleveland traded them their pick. And then, yeah, Houston would have right now, Houston would have one and nine, Detroit would have eight and eleven, Seattle would have seven and twenty two, and Philly would have four and thirty two. Pretty unbelievable. And by the way, I guess actually it wouldn't be thirty two for Philly. It would be thirty one because there's only gonna be thirty one first round picks this year because Miami forfeited their pick for tampering with Tom Brady for the oh yeah, trying to get Tom Brady. So so right now, it's a really interesting subplot that Philly could end up with a top five pick and Seattle. Two teams that are gonna be playoff teams, either one of them could have top five picks because of trades they made. Houston, by the way, I mean Cleveland, they're gonna Houston's gonna have a top three pick from themselves, plus wherever Cleveland lands and then Detroit is gonna have legitimately potentially two top six picks their own and the Rams. Right now, there are nine teams that have three wins. So right now, for example, Carolinas slotted to pick third at three and seven and Detroit with their own pick a sloted the pick eleventh three and six. That will sort itself out at some point. Yeah, but Philly, what a trade man? And it's not even a New Orleans at least with Houston, it's like, uh, with Cleveland, it's like, well, they got Deshaun Watson, and with the Rams, like they got Matt Stafford they won a Super Bowl. And Denver, I mean he's been terrible, but it's like they got Russell Wilson. What the that Philly trade is crazy? Yeah, I don't even it was during the draft. I gotta look this up real quick twenty twenty, sorry, and then we'll move on. But I knew that Philly had the Saints pick, but I forgot what it was for, so Philip elp So here we go. The Saints wanted to draft Trevor Penning, an offensive lineman who's been hurt all year. So the trade was, let me see number sixteen. So the trade was sorry, I apologize, I just want to get this exactly right, Philadelphia traded. Okay, here we go. Philadelphi Eagles New Orleans shake up first round. The same doubled up on first round picks. Well, the Eagles pushed one of their three first rounders back to twenty twenty three. The Saints got the twenty two first round picks number sixteen and nineteen. The Eagles got number eighteen and a first round pick next year, plus a second round pick two years later. That is unbelievable. So the Eagles had sixteen and nineteen. They traded those two picks for the eighteenth pick, so they basically so to call nineteen and eighteen a Walsh so take that out of it. What they essentially traded was the sixteenth pick of the draft four, which is I think out. The Saints drafted PRIs a lave, so give them credit. He's a really good player. So the Saints traded to get for the right to draft Chris A lave Or or is that who they ended up No, then they traded that again. But what they ended up using it to draft the guy? Uh? Regardless they got this is unbelievable for the number sixteen pick they got next year's first, which is gonna be a top eight pick, and a second two years later and a third next year. The Saints are such dopes. They're just so bad at this and now, and they have no way to rebuild. That's terrible by them. There's my take on that trade. Six months later, we'll be right back say it again. What about him? What about Cooper Cup?
Speaker 2: It's just the question.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought, he said Cooper Rush, I answered, I said, I thought the Rams would win two more games.
Speaker 2: And then we got to the Saints and how bad they're drafting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were talking about the Rams not having a draft pick. It's a podcast, man, My mind wanders. You guys are looking even showed up today and not mentioned I was thirty two grand yesterday. My god. We'll be right back answering your questions. What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's right with Nick? Right? We're gonna wrap the show right here. We went a little along that segment. I had no idea. I mean, podcast going on for over an hour now, Monday shows are long though. All right, Demanse, read some of these questions before we move on to people and watching on YouTube. They suffered through my real litigation of the twenty twenty two NFL draft That probably wasn't great editorial decision by me, especially just googling it live on the show. My apologies. All right, go ahead, Demonse.
Speaker 4: All right, Connor, some of the asks question, it's pretty safe to say Alan won't be in the top in the top of the MVP discussion. However, would it be better for Alan and the Bills to play the rest of the season not being the Super Bowl favorites?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't what it would be better for them when their quarterback stops having egregious turnovers. I don't think it's about all we thought we were too good. It's not like they're taking teams lightly. They are building big leads and blowing them. They built a big league against the Jets and blew it. They built a big league against the Vikings and blew it. They need their quarterback to stop turning the ball.
Speaker 2: Over and then how do you even take the vikings lately? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's the thing is you need your quarterback to play forget like an MVP, just play like a pro bowler, which you weren't last year, by the way, and by the way, right now this year got three pro bowlers in each conference. Before people start begging out Mahomes and tua are locks, we convinced Josh Allen's having a better year. Then then, oh my goodness, Joe Burrow, we convinced Josh Allen's having a better year than Lamar. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Next, some guy asked, has has this been the most unpredictable NFL betting season you've seen?
Speaker 3: Uh? I don't think so. I think a lot of the fundamentals are staying true, Like the underdogs are covering more than the favorites. Home underdogs are a good play. I just think every year we know that and then we get tricked by the way. Great job by you and the producers on the Gambling show with that Tomlin, though, you guys, said Tomlin, he covers the time in his career as a home dog. There was a ton of money day of on the Steelers. They went from a dog to a pick them. They end up winning out right by ten points. A great job by you guys.
Speaker 4: Next, and what I see is me ass who gets fired first? Tackett or McDaniels.
Speaker 3: I think they both make it through the season. I think it's it's incredibly rare for a coach in his first year to get fired during the season. Happened with urban Meyer last year, but that was because they were off the field stuff as well. But will either one of them be back next year? I highly doubt it, highly highly doubt it.
Speaker 4: Next creative, Charlie Ass, will you ever play Poker after Dark again?
Speaker 2: I love seeing you play poker with the pros.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Poker after Dark right now doesn't exist in its current form. Hopefully it comes back. There is a great show, No Gamble, No Future that kind of replaced it, and my guys Brent Hanks and Jeff Platt put together. I was invited to come play on that this week, actually, but I can't get to Vegas. I'm gonna be in Vegas in two weeks, but they're not filming anything. Yeah, all definitely, I'll definitely play some televised significant dollar poker after the football season. There is when I am in Vegas, I looked there is at the Poker Ghost studios at the area there is a high Roller series where the tournaments are all ten, fifteen or twenty five thousand dollars injuries. And I don't know if you heard by I won a lot of money yesterday, so I was considering. But I'm so minus ev expected value in those because the only people who play those are the best players in the world. They're like forty person fields the best players in the world. So yeah, you got to and it's a tournament, so it's not like you can take a small loss and leave. So I listen, you probably won't see me on TV playing poker until sometime after football. But after football, be doing it again, all right.
Speaker 4: Last one, Matt asked Baker and Bayfield is starting against Baltimore this week.
Speaker 2: Do you like his chances?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was true. Baker's starting Baker Mayfield started quarterback against the Ravens. No, I don't like his chances, but I'm happy for Baker Baker back. I don't like his chances, but I like him. I like it. I hope listen well, go up set them, Baker, go stick it to the Ravens. That'd be good for him. I have maybe be great for him. He played really well in garbage time for p J Walker two weeks ago, had two touchdowns. He played well for the first time all year. All right, fun show, good job, good job Demonse, great job by our producers. We appreciate you guys watching. As I just checked. Sorry to end on a down note, but as I just like check the Google news on the Baker thing, I'm seeing a really horrifying story out of Virginia about a shooting and members of the football team. At least three members of the football team were killed in a shooting. They don't seem to have a ton of information, so any of our listeners in that or viewers in that area of the country, obviously our thoughts with you, guys. That's a horrible, horrible story and I hate to end the podcast on that, but it's breaking news, like as we're here on the air, So thoughts and if you're the prayerful type, prayers please with the University of Virginia and their families and everything going on there. And we will be back with you guys on Thursday,