Speaker 1: Course Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora.
Speaker 2: What up y'all is Layah and this week's QLs classic.
Speaker 3: Is one of our most requested episodes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah we be in number jewsing comments.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you asked for it, and here you go.
Speaker 3: Here is part one of Jesus and Merrow from May first, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: This is episode one hundred and thirty three Heal enjoying.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, if you hear my voice at the top of the episode, it's going to be something different. Quest Love Supreme Ma contained language that might be offensive to some listeners. It's not work safe, especially this episode. Mom's probably gonna disun me, but hey, we have fun doing it anyway.
Speaker 6: And now a very special Quest Love Superstition Suprema.
Speaker 2: Su su Supremo role called Suprema Suh Suh Supremo role, Suprema Son Son Supremo roll called Suprema Son Sun Supremo roll.
Speaker 3: What's love and Crewe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're ruined Jesus Yeah impossible, cheese steak, Yeah, impossible, Chopping Jesus.
Speaker 2: Suprema something something Supremo roll called Supremo Son Son Suprema roll call.
Speaker 6: My name is Fante.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bring the noise. Yeah on s Yeah.
Speaker 2: Supremo Son sun Supremo role called Suprema Son Son Supremo roll.
Speaker 7: Called and is cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Showtime to Yeah you want a real network?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Season two.
Speaker 2: Son Supremo roll called Suprema Son Son Supremo.
Speaker 8: Roll calls bol reps BK Yeah, Sunrise to Dark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one saw Jesus. Yeah, it takes your prospect park.
Speaker 7: Supreme.
Speaker 2: So Suprema role called Suprema Son Son self a roll call bill.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is my name. Oh yeah, shout out to my Irish brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Son Supremo role call, let's get it.
Speaker 3: Suprema Son Son Supremo role call. Yo, it's your boy kid merrol.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I got edible arrangements on the way to my arrangement.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because every roll call.
Speaker 2: Roll call Suprema Son Supremo roll call.
Speaker 9: Is Jesus nice. Yeah, I'd be right. Yeah, I'm not on Showtime. Yeah, no longer where.
Speaker 3: Shut Son Supremo roll call, Supprima.
Speaker 2: Son Supremo role call Subprima supple.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: Before we get started, Before we get started, everybody that's listening to this.
Speaker 3: Go to the bathroom right now, right now. Keep your headphones on where you go. Don't tune out if you listen to the show.
Speaker 6: I hope you know not to listen to us, like at work, at work, put.
Speaker 1: Your headphones on. Headphones are going hr explaining. I think we're putting too much pressure on how Rogue show is going to be. I'm just giving people.
Speaker 3: For warning, you know what I mean, Like it's a lot of blackness in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, man, ladies and gentlemen, this is gonna be one of those episodes that tell my mom not to listen to.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 6: We be one and only. It's taking so long to make this happen.
Speaker 7: Two years.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is our dream. This is our dream moment. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome Jesus freaking free. Since you heard now. I mean technically we have been talking even before we did the theme. But what did I walk in on though? Like we were discusting, we were.
Speaker 5: Talking about Blockbuster, were talking about why we are video games, were talking about video games. It was certain video games that just we couldn't afford you. Somebody that neo g O was like it was the Bitcoin of.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Wait, what is neo? So Neo G was this?
Speaker 7: It was this?
Speaker 6: So it was this game console that this was like n.
Speaker 7: Like that and that one game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and a game console.
Speaker 7: But what was the game Hanks events?
Speaker 9: Sure was there, Marial he was probably in the Box Adventure with Tebographics team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, New York Geo was like Fatal Fury right with the Ponytail. Yeah, I think it was that one. But it was this crazy expensive, like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you had normal people that have it. Yeah, I don't even legally you could. White people bought it. Yeah you only one. I did not, but other one you knew. You knew people that had for sure.
Speaker 3: It's like I do several.
Speaker 6: I had several.
Speaker 3: What it was like even the drug dealers in my neighborhood didn't have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think the thing about Neil j what was so special thing about Neil Geo is that they had the Neo Geo machines in the arcade where you could play the games.
Speaker 3: Oh and you could finish the game at home. Yeah. See that's too much like what that's Are you rich rich?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It made my meat my meat voice? Are you rich? Rich? Okay? Oh you're saving the ship at the arcade and they're taking it home. Okay, you're saying nineteen ninety two, there's a game I could play at.
Speaker 6: Well, there's still arcades in ninety nine, did you I don't want to floppy desk?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 7: It was I wasn't rich.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it worked. No, it was how would you finish your game at home?
Speaker 8: I guess because you had the console. It was like the first SD card type ship. Yeah, so you just put the card in the machine at home and then you.
Speaker 3: Would the game. And that way the way my parents got out of not buying that. There was like, that's a Babylon team. There's no way that. What's going on? Where the hell was that in ninety two? Man?
Speaker 7: It was like in Yeah, like now I got it.
Speaker 10: He was was U was out here doing doing big things, making videos and ship. He was like past the popcorn.
Speaker 1: I feel like the whole episode is gonna be like this. You guys gonna just talk about man ship that I've never experienced. So none of y'all had neil g I think.
Speaker 5: For me it ended after I had the regular Nintendo and then I didn't make it the Super Nintendo.
Speaker 6: But I didn't get take a Genesis. That was like a parallel move though. Yeah, yeah, it was a parallel Yeah. And then from now and I don't think I jumped back on it until well uh.
Speaker 3: P s one. Yes we got back in around Dreamcast. You know what it works.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I bought the Dreamcast and then a week later they stay with discontinuum.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Dreamcast and the thing was the first to get there with the online like they were.
Speaker 3: They was a game they had the two k with the wild got hands and you show your feet each other like that, Like we laughed back then. We was like, yo, amazing, Yo, you could see all five of Kobe fingers. Yo, Yo, this is wild. They are never gonna top these graphics. Yeah, I never I would not.
Speaker 5: I can admit I spend a lot of time watching gameplay throughs on YouTube, like games that like I never got to beat. Like an eight year old, I watched There's yeah, there's a dude that beat Metroid in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I never would have did that.
Speaker 9: To this day, I go back and I played Nintendo games I I didn't finish as a kid, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: These games is hard.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and did that ship on purpose because it was like, yo, let's make this ship dumb hard because we don't know what to do at the end, like we don't know how to end this, how to wrap it up.
Speaker 3: So that's just it would just be ye. I'm learning that now.
Speaker 1: Now I'm feeling like I'm bringing up the ancient games because I discovered that no, no, no, dragon Field, dragons Layer too. Oh, okay, dragons Layer to I got sequel. It's the sequel to you remember the dragons They came out with the second one.
Speaker 3: Great dragon Layer Too. You said, yeah, the one that was on the laser disc.
Speaker 9: Played it was one of the most expensive video games ever made because they they thought people would pay to play it at home on a laser disc and not a.
Speaker 3: Little the Big Frisbee Wild. Wow, that's wild and that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm saying now you can play it on uh, your your iPhone. And for some reason, I still can't master I can't get to the end.
Speaker 3: Impossible. It's killing those games impossible. Like I was playing Super Mario.
Speaker 10: Honesty was just like the Newswitch and I.
Speaker 3: Rocked that ship.
Speaker 10: But you recommended that to me. There's there's parts of it where it turns into the first Mario.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: I was just like, bro nah like.
Speaker 3: Triggering swat and ship Like, noau, my son.
Speaker 6: You do this ship your PTSD.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's a hidden screen that takes you back to so like in a certain level, it's certainly you go through a pipe.
Speaker 6: It's all four D, two D, three D eight D. It's all up.
Speaker 7: It's like everywhere.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I just said, so are you guys still active game players?
Speaker 8: Like I bought I bought the switch back two years ago now and I haven't played it in about six months.
Speaker 3: I got it for my kids and I played more than them. We're still on there call of duty. You feel you all called duty, and you know what, I'm nice with it.
Speaker 9: So like I'm like torturing sixteen year old kids and the name my name is clearly Jesus online.
Speaker 3: It's not hotting it. He was like, that's why you lost your show. I was like, that's why I quick woke you.
Speaker 6: You want you on a PS four xbox XBOXX.
Speaker 9: You know funny the son is I thought it was popping and I saw a tweak from ice T because someone was like, yo, what game system you play?
Speaker 3: He was like both.
Speaker 10: I was like, wow, but I did the same ship because my man was like my man was like, yo, yo, you got to get off the Xbox. Sure that is corner. You gotta get on PS four. I was like, and I guess he made a playing with my wife to get it for Christmas. For Christmas and it's lit now.
Speaker 7: I was just like, wow, this is so.
Speaker 5: Which of the Xbox and PS four? Which one is the iPhone and which one is the green Box?
Speaker 3: Was like, I never like I banged with PlayStation one and really.
Speaker 7: That was taken.
Speaker 3: That was my thing.
Speaker 4: G t A three and all that stuff got a war. That was when I jumped on the joint first got to the Xbox.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 11: It was.
Speaker 3: I had to shout out a fexhaust. It sounded like when when the Jet Blue playing backs up.
Speaker 1: I had one of those.
Speaker 3: I think I probably turned it on maybe three times.
Speaker 5: You know, wow an Xbox, Yeah, the original Xbox, like I had like NBA Street.
Speaker 3: And yeah all right, also, anyone listening, we would like to bring back n b A Street. Hello.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we already got stretching bobs, you know, come on until we get cross.
Speaker 3: Over, like, can we get death jamdata back? Did they back? Didn't they bring back NBA Jam recently too?
Speaker 6: They trying to game like I would kill.
Speaker 3: The player NBA Jam TV again, which which one of my and where you got to key flex?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 3: Have you seen where I parked my Baghatti.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not flexing.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I wasn't a gamer, but they asked.
Speaker 1: They were like, we'll make you a character and just to be smart, I was like, all right, make me like nine feet tall and I can.
Speaker 6: Shoot all threes and.
Speaker 1: Occasionally I'll get a tweet or whatever like I'm playing with Wow, I don't is it NBA? I hope it's right now? Are you playing for the Sixers? No, it's it's like a random it's like a makes It's like a two one two. If you want to know how weird the world used to be. Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton? Yeah, I think was in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they we're all someone dropping points on you. Where Hillary Hillary? She stepped over you like Alan in the pants?
Speaker 7: You like, come on, what would you?
Speaker 1: I want to get back into the game world, but I'm afraid that I won't be as productive as I am.
Speaker 3: You won't.
Speaker 5: But if you turn on red the redemption, he's not playing that redemption. And I'll tell you why why there is a d Angelo song in it?
Speaker 7: There is.
Speaker 3: Forgot? Why does that matter to us?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Y'all y'all on good terms, and that y'all seems to be to be back and forth.
Speaker 6: I think he changed his number. I mean i'll see him at you know he knew you.
Speaker 9: A question as someone new to Hollywood, is that like when people change the number and they'll tell you you are you allowed to feel some kind of way about that?
Speaker 3: Is that like the Hollywood curve? Here's because like there's now got people that I've texted.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, yo, yo, I'm gonna tell you what to do.
Speaker 3: Always keep, I always keep.
Speaker 6: I always keep my original phone on.
Speaker 1: Some all right, he knows he still knows where he came from. Holly wonder on us. But I might have a few bad Does.
Speaker 6: Your original phone have a Philly number?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Both my joints got Philly. Oh, purpose like gotta I got Philly.
Speaker 3: I call him long distance? Still say I'm not from What is the Philly area code? Only one album?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 3: Are they from Philly. I believe. I believe black Dots from Ready. I think it's.
Speaker 6: Lives in South Orange.
Speaker 3: Now I knew I was in trouble because I was like in the rocks and I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I was like, what is that?
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know this, I was saying it, and I'm saying it. I was living in Indiana running a website called as Wow. I'm sorry, you know what's up? All right?
Speaker 1: So I went to your speaking of Philly. I went to your recommendation spots. You told me where to get uh the chop cheese, chop cheese. Wait, where we're going to when you told me?
Speaker 3: Right? So check it?
Speaker 6: In fact, it was it was after a Saturday night live tape.
Speaker 1: It was like two in the morning, and I was like, I wonder if I show up that spot now. Now, of course you know, I pulled up to the joy I.
Speaker 7: Wait in Philly.
Speaker 3: No, no chop cheese, chop cheese, New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I went to the spot, and first I cast the place out from inside the car to make sure I was smart.
Speaker 3: That's that's the first one told me.
Speaker 1: But it's where it's it's the spot you told me is quasi gentrified now which one uh okay.
Speaker 6: Granted it was across the street from a project.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the spot could beentrified. As long as the cat is there and the owner is not American, you'd be good.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It was somewhere between Spanish Haarlem and Mid Harlem.
Speaker 3: Was there's twenty dollars bill autograph to take to the water.
Speaker 1: No, it was a legit chop cheese steaks. But you gave me the spot and not like I waited until two in the morning to try. You know, I'm not mad at the chop cheese steak.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at you. You know.
Speaker 6: The thing is like Philadelphia's will kill me.
Speaker 7: From saying that.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. It's not comparable to anything in Philly, but it does the trick for it gets you through it.
Speaker 10: It's the perfect drunk meal. It's like it's like it's like a it's like a Bronx burrito.
Speaker 3: Like, listeners, could you actually explain what a tough cheese is. It's like it's like you take a cheese burger like a burger paddy, Yeah, and just chop it down, chop it up, just go through the whole asle.
Speaker 9: You got to use the oil that he used in the morning to fry the big And if you don't toast the bread, he don't respect.
Speaker 3: You, don't respect a word. Yeah, if you just if you just wrap. They asked me, if I want to toasted me, don't toast toasted?
Speaker 7: Don't?
Speaker 3: And what kind of cheese did you get? Seeing Philly we use American cheese. You gotta use the triple pepper pepper jack.
Speaker 1: Well, no, listen, you know what I'm saying. I only use pepper jack cheese, and Philly we used American cheese. But I use pepper jack cheese.
Speaker 9: If your butthole is not quivering the next day, you shout it out, that was not a good chop. If you're not naked on the toilet sweating like whoa.
Speaker 6: But I'm gonna tell you something, mister, I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 3: There's a spot in Brooklyn, Okay, Williamsburg a ball places.
Speaker 5: Oh Willisburg is trick grified, super official with their chop cheese.
Speaker 3: It's still like a hood spot. It's Williamsburg, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You know you're talking to my neighborhood.
Speaker 9: Where Let me find it on my phone Yeah, Willisburg is weird because like you'll see like an old schoop o daca and you go inside and like they're just selling paliclin for real?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 10: Fam if like you turn the corner and there's eight Dominicans do drinking and shut out of stylen phone cups and you don't know what it is, you know what I'm saying, And then you turn the next corner to do a bike with no breaks and a handkerchief.
Speaker 5: Okay, I break this down for me as as a Jamaican brother, Jesus, what is it with Jamaicans and animals?
Speaker 3: Because like.
Speaker 5: Not that because that was just always the thing, like because in the South, I mean we would have dance hall sets and you know, we go out whatever. But it was just I just always thought of him was like, yeah, that's the animal niggas lion, tiger man.
Speaker 3: Lion, like the lion. It was all it was.
Speaker 7: It was the niggas like and a lot a lot of.
Speaker 3: Our cultures about like fucking like animals and you can't dance. You watch you not overpopulated, but you gotta watch.
Speaker 10: You gotta watch the movie Rude Boy? Is it straight to DVD? Movie called boy I Don't Know Me straight to dvd V trying to mix music. I scooped that ship up with the big pun like documentary that was basically just like his wife being like, yo, he beat my ass like this motherfucker used to eat sheet rock.
Speaker 7: All the type of crazy.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, man, he's like you like yeah, Like he would just wild out and just like tear a piece of sheet rock off wall and he's wild. They have to beating us uping talking like yo, he can't through time. He had a gun under his titty, like.
Speaker 6: All this wild stuff was wild.
Speaker 3: He was like all those stories like our jet ass real like heard the stories I've heard. I've heard stories. I remember like a teen a hat Jimmy's Bronx Cafe or Jimmy's Bronx Cafe, and it was about Drango boots.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: With the stripe on and Pun and Joe came out and they started doing twins. But Punk came out and Joe came out first, like yeah, motherfucker man animated. Punk comes out, puts a stool down in front of the mic.
Speaker 3: He was just in the stool the whole time. But everybody's like Nick's moshing and drago.
Speaker 10: Boots and ships were on fifteen and ship Wow on the funk out said we got the cap and.
Speaker 3: Went to the TikTok diner and bounced on the bill.
Speaker 1: Before before before dice were all got on adrenaline when things fall apart. Pun was supposed to be in that slot wow. And for some reason, like he called the studio twice. We were waiting for him to come and do his thing, and he called, he's on speakerphone. I was like, uh, I mean, you know, the one in the morning at least, like you know, we're still here, we're working on another song.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, it's okay. I was shot.
Speaker 6: I knew it was like a Charlie Brown, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like we're too bads thinking of the walls. You can't look at our as.
Speaker 1: And then around twelve, but based on the tone, and then around twelve was like.
Speaker 3: You know, I was like, yeah, well we gotta turned the record.
Speaker 7: In so you know, no no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 3: Wow, And that was it.
Speaker 7: Wow. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 9: Adrenaline was a trick on that. I remember I heard that because you know, like off the roots, ship I was like yeah this. I was like, Wow, it's nice Neil soul spit or whatever.
Speaker 3: Really we got to have all oh he with the crack.
Speaker 1: Crack right clean clean the house to uh instance broa.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you wait real quick.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I ever told you all the story about when Tarika Malick got arrested at Millersville right before we went on stage.
Speaker 6: No, no, because of Mad Lion.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, it was the Millersville homecoming show nineteen ninety five, the roots of Mad Lion and.
Speaker 6: Whose headlining we were.
Speaker 7: Because.
Speaker 1: Well here's the malak Tarika uh Tarika Malick were Millersville students. So didn't they try to play this up as like the the the whole, like the return of our very own now here's the thing when they were students at Millersville. Maybe it's some sort of last day of school revenge mission on like one of the campus cops or something.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It could have been a bucket of water over the door, could have been agching of a house. Whatever happened back in nineteen ninety one on like last day of school. Man, we're gonna get they got whatever revenge on whatever, correction officer that was the campus police person. And they've been marking the days off in the book when like when they come to back stool, so at least they have faith that they've become stars and come back. Literally, the president was like, I'm out here. You know, it's very proud to bring back at home Malik uh Malik, Abdul Bassett and Tarik Roder known as the Roots. And as soon as they came out, says, the cops just came on stage and like arrested them, thus forcing Matt Lion to come back out and redo his entire set.
Speaker 3: One more time. You know I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: She was literally waiting that whole time, like as soon as they can't wage, I'm gonna walk out and arrest them. I'm gonna try off this stage. Yeah, she probably did a wild god his console joke like that too. So the whole point was that, Yeah, I seen a Matt Lion concert twice, the.
Speaker 3: Cruel.
Speaker 1: He was Matt clever though he always started to show off with we are taping a lot. He said, I'm recording my live album. That's my dumb ass, well for it, And I was like, yo, we said tell everybody. We're doing a live album every time. You know, wait, can I ask something?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I I wasn't gonna do any business talk, but I'm curious, and you know, for our listeners that are listening, how did you two meet?
Speaker 3: High school?
Speaker 9: Uh, summer school in New York City. Summer school the thing is in New York City, Like you can go whatever, high school whatever. They have like maybe five summer schools for each borough. Summer school is not really about going to school. It's going to hang with your friends that you hung with in the school year and also reason why you're in summer school. So you got at that too, So we go to hanging.
Speaker 10: You go to some school for failing anything you can fail gym. I used to cut gym all the time because they gave me square dancing, square square gym. I was like this, ship, I'm gonna go square dancing. That used to be a big thing in fact, and it was like a real but the teacher didn't give a funk. He never did ship. He's like dances. So I was like this, I'm gonna go to next door to the gym and hoop with my friends. So I would just fail gym and then have to go to summer school because I failed gym.
Speaker 9: We were we weren't even friends then, but we were like friends of Jason, Like I knew people that hung with him. But I wasn't like, yo, that's the dude that be with my man that you know what I'm saying. I was like, that's a very loud Dominican and I hope when he grows up real quick down.
Speaker 8: But I took gym in summer school one year because I didn't want to take it during the regular year.
Speaker 3: It's it's wild easy.
Speaker 10: It's like it's like it's like when you get not for something and you get community service and the dude that's running the community services, Wow, cool, he's just like you sign in and bounce, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And he's just been like, you'll come back around five and sign out.
Speaker 8: I mean it's the middle of the summer, so we was doing swimming, so you know, it's swimming in the summer, and I'm forced.
Speaker 3: To swimming in the summer.
Speaker 7: Give me.
Speaker 9: I missed getting into Bronx High School Science by three points and they said, you can do this summer school program all summer and we'll let you go in and my parents was like, WHOA, I guess you're going.
Speaker 3: I was like, you thought speech to my hoodland friends, you might have been earlier if you went to Bronx Science because just you robbing me. Clinton was right next to my school.
Speaker 10: Clinton was right next to Bronx Science, and that ship was like a buffet al got like four north Face jackets off.
Speaker 9: Bron Science is like the krem Dela Crum in New York. So it's like all these smart they got school parents, they have like north faced.
Speaker 6: Jack went uh uh yes, MSNBC.
Speaker 7: Chris, I was in Nexus of many Things I've learned.
Speaker 3: Chris Hayes.
Speaker 6: I was Chris Hayes.
Speaker 9: I was in school with Chris Hayes from second grade to I want to say seventh grade. Were in the Extremely Gifted program. It was a magnet school for really extremely like some X Men ship.
Speaker 3: You're what they were called nerds. It was smart.
Speaker 9: It was like it was It wasn't so much nerd stuff because we were in regular schools, so you couldn't be a nerd in record school. And I'll say this to say this, nobody ever punked Chris Hazes to school.
Speaker 3: Chris Hayes went to a all black school with co Op City in the Bronx, and Chris Hase was cool with everybody. Now not everyone in the MS. Everyone like Crises was getting I was like, Chris Hayes had girls in love with him. He was like the cool kid he was.
Speaker 1: He's being highly Uh he was being honest on ourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chris RaSE was cool. He was a quarters like a yeah because he did. After he left, he went to Hunter with uh Lin Manuel and uh mortal did you? Did you have a mortal technique?
Speaker 7: Bullying?
Speaker 3: Recite hip hop versus thing? Did you have that?
Speaker 10: When he came on the Old Show, he told us he was like, yeah, I put the motherfucker in the trash can.
Speaker 9: Because blank moon versus that's hip hop, that's hip hop.
Speaker 10: Look if you if your album came out in the nineties and the title was not misspelled, not really, We're.
Speaker 3: Got the props were not the prop d a A what people shot?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Crazy? Come on, there is a dark side? Yeah, what happened to the sound? Boy? I'm is that a French dessert?
Speaker 9: Get super specific and we're gonna references Smith. When Western became Coco Brother.
Speaker 3: Coco brothers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you can't. You can't put no classic album titles in I phone.
Speaker 3: Like what I spelled them, I spelled them correctly. Man, there is a.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I am mad though, because now I'm starting to spell fabulous his name.
Speaker 3: I started doing that about the word fabulous like so many first grade is.
Speaker 7: That don't.
Speaker 3: Ahead of his cadus.
Speaker 1: You're like f A B l o U sign the word the worships and the worship is not Chris.
Speaker 3: But the first the worship was when I misspelled genuine.
Speaker 7: Wow, I don't know his name with a double un.
Speaker 3: Elgin I would change and what the whole I think the name of one of your sims like scam, that's pony.
Speaker 1: All right, easy, Wait a minute, I gotta say, Uh, mister Elliott, who I didn't realize was active on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh she she didn't creep in my d m oh about the list Jesus Christ. She wrote me talking about me a Karan sized dissertation.
Speaker 1: No. I mean we ended nicely, but I didn't realize, like, mister Elliot is a person who who won't budge to do a concert unless you're paying high six figures.
Speaker 6: So I I would think that she'd be reclusive enough to not be on social media.
Speaker 3: She tweet everybody. She's like, learn that, everybody, you got one, because that's right.
Speaker 5: You've been off of hip hip hop d X or who who it was hip hop d X they did. They did like a troll move.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: I mean, so they did a list that was like the.
Speaker 5: Top twenty female rap albums, and on that list, no miss the list.
Speaker 3: They took Lauren off the list. They took Lauren off the list. Mis Education is R and B it is I mean, what.
Speaker 7: Kind of.
Speaker 9: R than miss being a rap album? Because that album made me a strong black woman.
Speaker 3: Freshman year of college. I was like, I pressed across what was on the list that made my natural? Missy's first three records were like three, two and one that wasn't wasn't that yeah?
Speaker 6: And so it wasn't that a snark and missing?
Speaker 1: But I was just like, if you're gonna include missus albums on this list, then you also have to include Lauren Hill. But then it's like the whole what is hip hop? What is not hip hop? Like I didn't consider Arrested Development a hip hop?
Speaker 3: Wait? What were you about to say.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 12: People that are gonna make fun of me, mister window, shut the funk up, contacted, it's a problem.
Speaker 6: Shut up, you got mother, build it dud ship.
Speaker 3: Another place.
Speaker 7: I love that right. White people love.
Speaker 6: Love arrest development like white people love d O g O.
Speaker 1: I said the words arrested development, and your whole body language got in some stance like this.
Speaker 3: You know why.
Speaker 10: It's because he's white. You don't know if you're talking about the group, like are you talking like Jesus baby?
Speaker 3: You're talking about so there's always money in.
Speaker 6: The This is not my inner monologue.
Speaker 3: I know I have to be like you know, cued up?
Speaker 7: Do hit it?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: I have a big story to tell about my random about me. Wait, stop going the best part here we go.
Speaker 3: Mother is Jamaica.
Speaker 7: It's true.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 7: My step mother is Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Yes, so hit it in Jamaican. Wait, do you have a pet one?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 3: Mean?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: I have a pat.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, listen from Long Island. Wait real quick talk to them. And I think I brought this out. I think I brought this up last time. Are all of the uh Jamaican nannies that are watching kids in my building?
Speaker 6: Dog and this is non flex it kind of.
Speaker 3: Put the guns down.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I heard one of one of the kids has a slight accent.
Speaker 6: Pa, it happens, dude, Are you saying that this goes from nanny to kid?
Speaker 7: It does? It does?
Speaker 9: It is because my nephew, even though you know my family Jamaica. No one in my family talked hark called Jamaican.
Speaker 3: His nanny does. And so like my nephew comes to visits me and he drops some water and he goes, no, no, no. I was like, you a sixty eight year old woman that, oh no, so sad it is possible.
Speaker 7: I know that my dad goes to Jamaica with his wife and considers himself a Jamaican and completely racist way.
Speaker 6: It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I love those people. Those people come up to me in the bar, they're like, oh, you're Jamaican. They're like, brother, I went, I went once and you know, too long, too long? I and I has toiled like I went to sandals. Amazing, amazing.
Speaker 6: The worst.
Speaker 3: You never want to have sex again.
Speaker 6: Go to hedonism.
Speaker 3: No, terrible, it's still around. It's the worst is that.
Speaker 9: Not only should they not be naked, they're super comfortable with their bodies and they're trying to get super comfortable with your.
Speaker 1: Much We got booked twice to play HEADONISM three and I regree the money was awesome.
Speaker 13: You should when you wait, y'all, y'all play for a crowded full of when you get chilli, they were like, uh, you know, you didn't do it. The whole hotel feels like a whole s t D. You just want to walk around with slides.
Speaker 3: You go to the strip club as well, like feet and bleach. Wow, I didn't know. I'm sorry. I took you to that strip clu in l A. And that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Combo, I'm glad you guys here. I'm gonna get back to the rest of the that thought we were moving on. But in the Bronx, what are is the Golden Lady still thing in the Bronx?
Speaker 9: Fortunately that Golden Ladies closed down. Condos Club w still there if you listen, if.
Speaker 1: You want to where is the spot? I hear Bronx still has the greatest strip clubs.
Speaker 3: That is not true.
Speaker 1: It was you are trying to commit an armed robbery number one, hands down. Have you ever seen you ever seen you ever seen that wear a north face while he's dance? Oh wow, wait, you ever had a dancing call to you? Like?
Speaker 3: Yo, you funk with hip hop? Signed my name one night?
Speaker 1: You got what she standing at us outside of that beats before she got she got assage back for the vinyls and ship yo yo, che.
Speaker 7: Lady, Like that was back.
Speaker 3: That was backward.
Speaker 9: But because New York clips are whack because you can't you got to cover up a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: It's not naked.
Speaker 9: And once you go to a strip club outside of New York, you never want you never Yeah, your strip clubs will have like Paea like.
Speaker 3: That's not what I came here for. This is one time, like you really should be here. She's work. Oh right, story manager, story of Queens.
Speaker 6: You know what was that?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 3: What was managing your club?
Speaker 6: Like you manage you?
Speaker 3: Because managed? I don't remember.
Speaker 9: Uh it's goyas the night, but no, it sounds like fun. It's like, oh my god, I know it's not fun. You're like in charge of like these half naked hot girls. I was like, they're irresponsible, they age on time that they're caddy fights, people fighting over I'm dancing to this Beyonce song tonight, and now you got to break up a fight in the locker room, or somebody brings a glass in the locker room it breaks, and now someone cuts their foot, and now she can't go on stage, and you got danger shift. Someone tries to bring their daughter to the club because they can't get a babysitter, and I'm all burnt awesome, like ship is whacky fuck and people enjoyed, and I actually lost an appreciation for titties working.
Speaker 3: How long did you last? That's years.
Speaker 9: I was bouncing all around night life because I apparently I'm not going to for a while too.
Speaker 3: I was DJing, I was doing security, I was doing everything, bro, I was real Jamaican.
Speaker 6: I was like, if you, if you.
Speaker 3: With the home people, I wouldn't even strip club and just go put on someone's roof.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Helped me because there's still one spot that I d j at just for kicks. But what have you ever played Death Leppard's Poor Some Sugar on me or that damn the look you.
Speaker 7: Development?
Speaker 9: Have you ever had the owner come into the DJ both and like, hey, yeah enough hip hop, play the good stuff.
Speaker 3: And then they ring a bell and some girls pouring like shots in her mouth.
Speaker 10: You're like, this is hell that you do have to That's why Manhattan strip clubs are because that's what they're like.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It's just a bunch of like Russian shorties that don't speak on English. I got cues, and I remember when I was the opposite queen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know that Skinny was the new Atlanta Like it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the finance brows.
Speaker 8: Me up, like yeah, yeah, you gotta go to the underground strip clubs and Brooklyn that long underground underground where they got.
Speaker 6: Back ship.
Speaker 1: Why why are you looking at the floor when you gave me that, I wasn't looking at the looking at you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you.
Speaker 9: To underground one in the boss that it was just straight up a closed down bodega, like it was a boda in the daytime.
Speaker 7: Underground strip clubs, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 9: But then you could go, you could drink all night, you could gamble, you could do all drugs.
Speaker 7: And when we got thought, we told that now.
Speaker 3: Because we are Christians and responsible. Yeah, I just know about this because people have told me shut up. I read an article I read I read about it. It was a New York there was a medium article about it. But you maintain that Queen's is the best spot for the story. That's why we didn't want Amazon to comp We didn't want to disrupt the.
Speaker 9: That was AOC is real, like they're gonna shake up, They're gonna break up the booty shake.
Speaker 1: You can have the right now. See so I'm pay bill. Yeah, all right, so you're fine with the arrested Development. Back on that, now, our.
Speaker 7: Arrested Development hip hop? Is that was that discussion we're having?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, I'm just saying that the Arrested Development would tell you that they were a hip hop group.
Speaker 3: They would, of which I was like, I don't know, right.
Speaker 1: So my whole point when I when I was trying to make a point on Twitter, was that I felt that Lauren album deserved.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that.
Speaker 6: Well, I try to I think Lauren Hill's hip hop. I'm trying to jump out of the rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: I think that people somehow, like, uh, gotten Missy's sphere to be talking about you that, you know, which wasn't the case. I was just saying that if Missy Elliott is hip hop and so and I and I agree that, but but I think that they only did it for click.
Speaker 6: But yeah, there were three Little Kim albums on the list.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, No, it was the first phone, but it was like it was the first one, which is that's the one.
Speaker 6: Then it was like they put Labella Mafia.
Speaker 3: Out and they put Naked Truth on there because that's when they got five.
Speaker 6: I think, I think I can't remember.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but to do have b Devil's advocate Lauryn Hill loses points because those songs were about white cloth.
Speaker 3: Wow, they were like now that you know that, you like they just imagined him on top of like as if you listen to this the album, she's rapping a lot more than she's singing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the point that she made in this nine paragraph, Like you listen to Laurenlum, she's singing.
Speaker 3: More way more than she's wrapping. It's like Fante's career. Now, Wow, that man has a family shots.
Speaker 5: Let us also say that Yo's new ep is is the ship.
Speaker 3: It's great check out. Can I tell you something was wild about this? I don't. I don't know why. It just popped in my head back in the my Space days. Wow, my deep drop.
Speaker 1: I think it was the blood money and you had that and I was just like, I'm the one staying and I was just like, damn.
Speaker 3: He's right crazy ship on the show and he said the same thing, rest and soul Man that ship was. He was like he read it in jail, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah. He was like I read it.
Speaker 5: He was like, and I read and I was like, Yo, you was right. He was like, man, it was too much, he said. With the album, he was like, man, it was too much. Gun he said. People, he said, we understand like our fans they want to hear us, like we want to hear us and get annoyed.
Speaker 6: And get all the nigga you got record.
Speaker 5: And he was like, yo, you was right, and I was like wow, And so I just that was because I said, was like, yo, it's just as a fan, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I wasn't writing on no hater ship.
Speaker 3: It was just like, Nigga, I'm a fan.
Speaker 6: For your editorials, including Mike Tystan's punch.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that because there was one line anywhere.
Speaker 10: It was like, yo, there's no like he was like one of the best that like his opening lines, but in line and he's like he don't got none of those on this album.
Speaker 7: And I was just like damn.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, no, no, he said that was weird. They did have the weird sign.
Speaker 1: I was illustrious they did. That was that the guy that twisted that was that was that was that was one alchemist to give me theo me what's up?
Speaker 3: What's up? Scottland always sold nice that.
Speaker 6: I always felt on the South Bronx.
Speaker 3: What he said your what's up? Scotland rock? Like I always felt he was a goon, like he was about to all right, wait, alright, okay, this feels like an actual rap studio systum. Just motherfucker looking. You know, we recreated eighty a hip hop you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Somebody kind of come up with a blunt so rolling on the white owl, the white owls just getting out a jail marrow.
Speaker 3: What are cats? Are older?
Speaker 1: We with?
Speaker 3: Now that's on the blocks on the block.
Speaker 9: Was gonna be very This is going to be a very controversial thing. People smoke these wraps called Entourage. But the thing is because the cops made it. Now you can't used to be able to buy one. You have to buy a box of four and they're fifteen dollars each.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But the thing is they're fifteen dollars each.
Speaker 9: If Toppy at the boat, they gonna fuck with you if he thinks you're a cop or some ship because everyone else paid five dollars for them. So if you go in the store and they're like fifteen dollars, you're like, oh, where you think I'm pussy again?
Speaker 3: You gotta fight whatever? But I said, people fight. I said people use that, people use dutchess, people use rollers.
Speaker 10: I say, motherfuckers using these ships called hype, And I used them a couple of times.
Speaker 15: Because like I flipped it over and I'm not using no drugs, right, said you know, no one syllable drugs.
Speaker 10: When you broke, that's what you broke. Broke that should come in flavors that don't even exist, like that hype saying that you can't put that weed in a Kognak ice cream wrap. That's called one he hypen he hypen.
Speaker 3: You can't know the drugs become a verb? Yeah, want that? No I started smoking back was that because like I was smoking dutchess.
Speaker 10: But it's a process and I just got a while lazy because you got to get unroll the lead.
Speaker 9: There's nothing lazier looking, and wanted to smoke weed and be like that's a lot of work, damn, Like you really you really look at the weed and the wrap and the grind there, like.
Speaker 3: So y'all do the vape ship? Y'all fuck with that?
Speaker 9: No, I don't like the vapor because vapor feels too much like smoking crack, and I'm gonna keep the funky really okay, you got.
Speaker 3: The pitch for it, like the forking. I can't do this, yeah, No, Like I.
Speaker 10: Fuck, I fuck with that because I smoke so much, bud Bro. I got four kids, so I was like, I gotta smell.
Speaker 7: Wait, I get it.
Speaker 3: I smoke we constantly, like I eat edibles and people are, yo, what are you doing?
Speaker 10: I wrote on Twitter like yo, I ate they got some shit called punchbars two hundred twenty five milligram.
Speaker 3: Oh is that the Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I hate that ship and I took my son to win it like a little birthday party type ship situation. You out of your fucking mind and people are like, people are like, yo, I'll be smacked on fifty milligra.
Speaker 3: Edibles. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Would you and like okay, Sabbathia. Yeah, he'd he'd be like, yo, this ship happen.
Speaker 7: He gave me one.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't feel ship, and he's three times beside of me.
Speaker 7: How was the birthday party?
Speaker 3: It was fucking lit.
Speaker 10: I mean you know, I got videos at my fock because it was like some science mad science lab party.
Speaker 6: Houses wasn't even no houses.
Speaker 10: They were just playing, like making doing science experiments. Bro, you would have thought I was spielberging that bit. I was in there like doing videos and ship, like zooming in, putting like little stickers around the ship, trying.
Speaker 3: To do yeah for real, Like I got a jip in there. Ship was all right, school school me. What's what's a.
Speaker 6: A fair buzz mil uh milligram for edibles?
Speaker 9: Well apparently I was just One of our friends said that he was like, yo, I took like a five five milligram ed I couldn't function. I was like my family my sleeve tattoo. I did five two hundred and fifty milligram edibles at once.
Speaker 6: What Wow?
Speaker 9: It wasn't and you were I was in pain, my nigga. It was like I was like some more that was like nah, like fam like you should be dead by now eight.
Speaker 3: Four brownies that had like skull and crossbones on.
Speaker 9: Them, and was like this docking story. I got a better what what I'm saying. We go to La We go to the dispensary. They have a brownie that says please eat over the course of five days something that was your man over here, Gulli McGhee like, I was like.
Speaker 3: You had it all, Rod and take it out with lemonade.
Speaker 9: And then I went on for sixteen for three beach. So then we get into a helicopter. The fly to Coachella almost crashed. I looked at the back because I'm like, yo, if we're about to die, I want to know it's.
Speaker 3: Masculine for me to scream like a bitch.
Speaker 9: Young man is knocked out, like the helicopters dropped out the sky.
Speaker 3: We're in like a wind farm. Were about to die on the pilots like calling his parents like oh I love you and.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I popped up for like a hot tense because I look and I just seen my man like not with his hand on, no type of controls, just like playing with the iPad.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go back and that's a key part of this. At one point doctor Pilot put out the iPad and do the Google search.
Speaker 7: In the.
Speaker 3: I didn't see what he was google searching, but how.
Speaker 7: To Fly.
Speaker 3: Video. We never went to you didn't.
Speaker 9: We just stayed in because you know what we did the math and it's just like, yo, we flew mad far to be around mad people inconvenience and not able to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: We flew mad far to go to New York. And you never Dusty.
Speaker 9: That it wasn't it was the year before Beyonce, but it was. We went to the Weed mass party and they had this big ass screen we could just watch Coach.
Speaker 3: Creator.
Speaker 9: I'm like, why would I go to the desert with like these trust fund kids? Like let me say good? Problem was ust with like the problem they have no regular food, every piece of food everything we related. I never said no the weed before.
Speaker 3: But it was weird, like and it's funny you want to fried chicken, We're weird.
Speaker 6: I was like, how would you make this?
Speaker 10: Because at that point I was on the dab ship like heavy because I was like I want to get because I saw smoking when I was like twelve, you know, so I was like I want like I was left. Since then, I've been like chasing the dragon, like I want to be, like I want to be scared high like when I was when I was like fourteen type ship you know, a mirror highs.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I want to get to that point the highness where your heart is like it doesn't beat, it's like pump up.
Speaker 3: It's like what's up next? You know, the next? You know the words like come on, come on? So I do I do a while.
Speaker 10: There's a whole set up with dabs and dab rigs and all this crazy ship, and I'm like, I did it, you know. The first time I did it though, I had like the fear my nigga, like like I went to my man's like trying to man and Roger from puff heat. He had made one that was just like a portable like little pen but you put the wax in it, and it's like, I'm like, oh, this is made for me.
Speaker 3: You feel me, cause I'm open target and I'm trying to get lit. Like I just dip off into the house where it's sexual quickly, you know what I'm saying. I'm there with my mother. I come into the dollar, like is that this is just a nice target, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: So I'm like I'm fucking with that. But the first time I hit it, he was like, oh now I got a damn rig So he got the whole ship with the it looks like the bomb with the sticking out, and I hit that ship and I was just like bruh.
Speaker 3: Like I left. I was like at the end of the time, we had an MTV and I just had bounced out the office because we was gonna do it.
Speaker 6: N I left.
Speaker 10: I went over there and I leave all my ship in his office and I leave and I'm walking. I'm walking up the stairs to the train and he's like, yo, fam you left all your ship in my office. So I go back there and all the doors look exactly to say. I felt like I was in the shining, my nigga, Like I felt like I was dead ass in the shining.
Speaker 3: I was like knocking on every door, like whoa right, And then I'm like, oh, I got.
Speaker 7: My phone on me.
Speaker 3: I'm like it just called as motherfuckers. I called him and he just come out the door like, Yo, what are you doing.
Speaker 7: I was like, you just got in this.
Speaker 1: Situation where you have to oh, yeah, I'm the drinker.
Speaker 3: He's a smoker. So that's usually what happened.
Speaker 9: What happens is like you'll get like man high and ship I'm drunk, Like, yo, you're too hard to drive this drive gi.
Speaker 3: He's like this is an uber.
Speaker 10: Driver, Like yo, yeah, y'all were hosted a party. I got super super lit, like like I've never hand over the keys to nobody. I got wild faith in my ability to drive my smack, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I was dull ough and I was in the old accord in saying tank clothing area.
Speaker 3: Like if losing, Like I'm good.
Speaker 6: So we do the party and like I just came.
Speaker 9: It was a party worse and worse, you know, destroyed the boat. Yeah, Kendrick Lamar, we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 9: The white owner was like what he was like, what the I'm never gonna guys on the boat again. I was like yeah the first time. Yeah that's how we got here. Yeah yeah, fab yo recipes.
Speaker 3: Combat Jack.
Speaker 10: Combat Jack was hosting to it started up lash pit to my d like there was people in there bugging the funk out. It was wild and it's we're on the boat. So it's like you're not getting off this ship, like ain't no, like yo, this is parties.
Speaker 9: It was one of those calypsos, all white boat parties off the west side of the Act.
Speaker 3: So boom.
Speaker 10: So I'm just progressively getting worse and worse, and I'm like seeing ship in like stages, like all right, I'm on the second floor. I got to the third flow. I don't know, but now I'm on the I'm saying, and there's and there's a girl in there that she's doing like some like YouTube video whatever the fuck, and it is on is on YouTube to this day. I don't know what the fuck I'm saying to Shorty. I'm just like, yeah, you know what I mean, I'm here with my girl Chloe.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that's her name. You know what I'm saying to the party. All you keep hearing is like Jesus and Marrow to the main. We're like we just doing you know what I'm saying, Like we were Star Wars Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 10: We were so fucked up that we we just he's doing this thing he throws on the little way Bobby Valentino Joint.
Speaker 7: Boom.
Speaker 1: So the song is going and then we on the mic. So the DJ cuts the ship down to the crack. He's like, are you hearing mad on like.
Speaker 3: Singing. I was like weird. I was like, nigga, we already got paid. I don't care the blue Face version way. So after the ship, I'm like, yo, bro, we go.
Speaker 1: We we find my car finally, and I'm just like, yo, you have to sign feld anytime you have to find a car like Uber.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like I'm boom is right there, boom So I'm like, yo, fam.
Speaker 10: I just looked at him. I was just like yo, he looked at me. He's like, yo, give me the keys. I was like no, no hesitation on something, was like ahead.
Speaker 9: Here's how you know I should not have to drive it. The first thing I said that the red light was oh ship, you got good break, you got.
Speaker 3: Great breaks, you got great breaks.
Speaker 7: I was like.
Speaker 1: Eight times every time we read, I was like, yo, you got want you yeah yeah, yeah yeah, it ain't squeaking. You know, the shittiest Bronx diner won't. The security guard is like, aren't you I was like yeah, yeah, we just need to booth yea, why ay' here?
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, bring me a patty milk, bring me five Patty melts?
Speaker 9: Like, let me get uh, we're on inland in the Bronx. Yeah, let me get your freshest oysters.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Have you all been to Europe yet or not yet?
Speaker 9: We are We're actually going soon to We're going to London for the Boston Red Sox Yankee game.
Speaker 3: So what's that? I think it's like July or something. Wait, how weere?
Speaker 6: Is that going to be where no team is booing each other because of the rivals?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You Philly fan, you know.
Speaker 9: Like, yo, we'll get to a fifth while Queen I'll be like twenty seven ranks.
Speaker 3: Bro all right. Three, I gotta saces in sports.
Speaker 9: I gotta say Philly, New York, Boston, No, Boston, phil Yeah, Boston, Philly, you know, yes a whole yes.
Speaker 3: Nine.
Speaker 1: I gotta say I had to throw out the first pitch at the Phillies game. I didn't know the pressure of throwing out a first pitch. I did not know that it was sixty feet away dirt. Why does everyone keep Why does everyone?
Speaker 3: You better move?
Speaker 1: Like all, first of all, what happened away?
Speaker 3: Did you wind up, what you do? Show up?
Speaker 6: This up to This is all I'm gonna say. All I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Listen, all I'm gonna say is that I did not wind up or not so top ten for ESPN's so that was number one.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be.
Speaker 1: I google horrible celebrity first pitches thing. I'm not gonna make that.
Speaker 6: Did you yell cheese take when you threw the ball?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I mean the thing was okay. I didn't ground it, but it hit home it. Technically it was a strike.
Speaker 6: I hit home plate. That sounds okay, that's not a strike.
Speaker 3: It bounced, and the thing was I was.
Speaker 9: Thrown to the Philly the old white guy inside of me. I watched his bab strike the right way Philly down far like the people cheer boo.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm from Philly, so sorry, I got I boot, I got boot.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 8: Eventually you get a Bible ahead night and you and you'd be stranged. What I'm saying, I'm surprised that has a had you know what?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 6: Okay, so right when they were singing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: The guy that's with me, that one of the guards walking me, He tells me, I don't know why he tells me this story. So he tells me the story of this, this this fourteen year old boy who uh somehow got his arm amputated from a car accident.
Speaker 3: And he's like, did you did you ever hear?
Speaker 6: Did you ever hear the story of No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: The little kid, he's like a little kid. It was fourteen year old.
Speaker 1: He lost his car, he lost his arm in a car accident, and University of Pennsylvany, and you worked hard to find a prosthetic arm. And in two years he had a mechanical army. And it was this dream to come to Philly, dope curve ball and throw it.
Speaker 3: And so now you're like, damn, I gotta do better than this. He threw it and like you know, the arm went out of whack or whatever, and Philly booed him right at that moment they had the Jackson. So I'm telling him tell him. So, I'm like, wait, so what happened? He's he's I was like, so, what happened? You know?
Speaker 7: He got booed.
Speaker 1: I said, that's the point of the store. He's like, yeah, you know, we Brew everyone here wait, covering up the next grant get ready and then literally he says in the pitch and it was like dead silence, and it was just one of the moments where I threw it in slow motion and then.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, my middle fingers like.
Speaker 1: Hit the ground like you trying to throw a cutter or some ship bro throwing over the plate.
Speaker 6: Man don't like a knuckle slider and something.
Speaker 9: That's why I love the Yankees because they never have celebrities. Really, they were like this guard from ninth he was a World War One veteran, or like the pony.
Speaker 3: You're like, are you feel bad for him? I'm like this old racist, you know.
Speaker 9: I'm like, so you lived in the Bronx, your whole you for World War One, sir, you have never seen African American.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that right now. I don't even want to know what you call Derek Jeter if room whoa. I was like, yeah, hey, stand for the anthem.
Speaker 10: If you go to Yankee game and you don't take your hat off for the an motherfuckers are looking at you like.
Speaker 6: Ship, black hat ship.
Speaker 9: I took him to the Yankee game after he just did eight years in the FEDS, so he's sitting there, and why is he gonna stand for the anthro? So old white guy was like she was a fucking respect Take your hat off and stand for the anthro. He was like, this country took eight years of my life. Fuck you, I'll suck you up. Old man, I'm sitting eating.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, of course, why haven't you written rewritten the national anthem? Yet?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: Too busy?
Speaker 3: Some things you don't really don't slap though it.
Speaker 9: Don't slap it off like America's theme went off. It's like so hard to sing and she got weak drums, no type of.
Speaker 6: All right, new anthem coming up? He doesn't it all?
Speaker 3: Let me get future on the hook or just going to rewrite it.
Speaker 5: If you don't rewrite it, maybe you just rearrange it, like uh, like missus called it and lean.
Speaker 11: On me.
Speaker 3: The music because it's in three you put in due to the anthem?
Speaker 7: What did to?
Speaker 3: I got five on it?
Speaker 7: No, don't do.
Speaker 3: Don't do what they don't?
Speaker 6: Okay, why would keep club club new songs?
Speaker 3: J King need that money? You think of us? What was your.
Speaker 1: Jordan Peele was on the show, so he's gonna give you, But I think of us us wait, wait time.
Speaker 6: How many times you see it?
Speaker 3: Twice?
Speaker 9: I saw it once for free. I saw the second time I paid out of pocket. It's good to see black people making movies.
Speaker 6: Listens so positive.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I get it. The thing is, I see it, and I'm like, I got it. I got it. But the thing is, like I figured it out very early on, and I felt like it was a little over the top. I think, like I look and then I mean.
Speaker 9: Like I I watched a lot of horror movie I'll read a lot of stuff, so I'm sure I took it in a different way.
Speaker 3: I've seen people that enjoy it. They're writing long now. I feel like I haven't. I haven't seen it. The whole thing is the whole thing get Out yet. Yeah, I did see get Out. I haven't seen Black Panther yet. When I saw get Out, I saw get I saw get Out following. No, I'm just I'm just not going to wait the whole.
Speaker 1: Time I've known him, and i've known him like he consists young with the young boys, say, keeping the same manager, He's keeping it.
Speaker 3: I forgot. I forgot where I was going. I forgot what I was about to say. Bill. I wasn't with the internet.
Speaker 8: See, I would have never said that because y'a don't know how much I pipped the internet.
Speaker 7: So he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you say you said it was us? Is it basically? Is it basically like we are our own worst of me?
Speaker 9: No, not even because that would be that would be giving it too much credit. Okay, It's like, it's not that I don't want to see.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 6: You're saying it's not that deep.
Speaker 3: It's not that deep. I think this is any I think the problem is people want the movie to be deep.
Speaker 8: And I think it's because there were so many layers to get out because like and this is not even even the score, like if you like it was like was it like Swahili or something some ship, and like the Swahili was like giving them like hints on get.
Speaker 6: Out, yeah, get out. Yeah you know it's like but that's the ship.
Speaker 10: Even explained to himself in the in the interview, he was like, yo, get out, Like I was literally painting like the Black Man's likement.
Speaker 17: You know what I'm saying with this, this is just a horror movie that just happens centered around I think the problem with it it's there's too much room for interpretation that people are because I read an essay where someone was like, oh, the people wear and people wear red jumpsuits because maga hats are red.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know what this is about?
Speaker 10: For wake up now, because look like I'm not like I'm not an eminem fan, but I really don't like eminem fans, you know what I'm saying. Like it's that type of ship, like you you're looking for ship that's not there, Like, just enjoy the movie for what it is. You have a good time at the theater.
Speaker 5: And that was the thing like get Out was like get Out was a great movie that had like a bunch of symbolism and ship. But even if you didn't get all the symbolism, enjoy you can still enjoy it. Just on his face us, I thought was the exact opposite. It's a bunch of symbols and a whole bunch of like everything represents something story.
Speaker 9: What you caught that it takes place in the get Out universe, right, what do you mean in the scene where the black families and Tim Tayduker's house after whatever, after the little Black boy is eating cereal without the Oh yeah, just the same way that see you stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You're like, that's like, here are stupid, Yeah take that? What does that mean? The story though?
Speaker 8: Character like that just for people, you know, bonus bonus shit for people that are paying attention, you know, but that's me.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. It's like you shouldn't have to add that or well, it's not.
Speaker 8: It's not meant to be like an integral part of the story. It's just like some ship like, oh, if you're paying attention, here's this.
Speaker 11: You know. The thing is the story fall apart without these little because it's like a lot of people are mad at his what's his name's character, the husband Winston, Yeah, mad at what.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's corny dude, yeah, which is like, I know, mad Jack and Jill motherfuckers that are corny like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I felt, well, Corney, people don't know the corny like that's key to being corny, Like they operate without this. They don't have the cringe factor you get when you see them doing corny and stuff. So you're just like, like they do corny stuff and you're like, oh my god, why would you say that?
Speaker 3: And they're just like Yo, this is.
Speaker 7: Just me, This is right.
Speaker 3: I just got my schedules on hot cornballs.
Speaker 1: I got my relax Some of some of the some of the hotel blogs were going a little too you're going a little too far with it.
Speaker 3: Imagine that.
Speaker 9: Can I quick on this podcast and can I make it real hot to point out that the whole problem with us, everything happens, everything in.
Speaker 3: That movie is responsible.
Speaker 9: Why because the failures of assists, hetero sexual blackmail, you do what they're supposed to do, doubles, koopying, devil's described to my news.
Speaker 1: Letter black Man's devils, grinding my YouTube streets, doubles.
Speaker 3: I'm just sitting in my car and the rvy's like, yeah, I got the Pelly with on the ship like floor while the government putting floor on and off. Why make our kids gay? Yeah? I just heard that this week. I did not know that was hotep one that was I thought that was some Alex Jones ship. Nah, that's the real truth. Think about it.
Speaker 9: The food Pyramids, Pyramids in Africa. Napoleon shot off the Dispinxes nose and made a.
Speaker 3: Song about it. I think I can, yo, Yo, don't abortion your.
Speaker 9: Wound, chicken head don't abortion the wom I was like, listen, maybe the I love. Have you ever been on the E train at four? I had back in my moral legal days when I was.
Speaker 3: An MP three ripping groups R N s U.
Speaker 9: And I remember the ripping group a pc NAS's album and they had the original right, yeah, the original version of Project Windows.
Speaker 3: Version my project you know that man tax.
Speaker 9: But that was the first time rap artist ever made an MP three dissing ripping groups.
Speaker 3: He was like, you you like internet weirdos or whatever, and like everyone in the chat room was like, we made it Internet weirdo, Like, yeah, we did. Did you did you ever know anybody that was in Gorilla Arms group? I didn't know Gorilla Arms, but shout out to a p c c MS Ego. I remember Ego to fair Light. All that I remember, I.
Speaker 7: Was out, So this is like this.
Speaker 8: It was many many hours spent in I r C chat rooms trying to find unreleased ship not even.
Speaker 3: We basically MP three ripping groups.
Speaker 9: We worked inside record companies and we were just like steal where did you use to do it?
Speaker 3: Rockefeller? Wow? What was that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I if you if you you can actually look right now, did you play actually no.
Speaker 9: When I worked at Banie See was beating up interns and we marched hay Poppy just dropped. If you find hay Poppy and it's the original RNs rip looked through the I D three thing.
Speaker 3: The tag definitely says Jesus.
Speaker 6: But I actually I.
Speaker 3: Had to rip it off of vinyls. Hell yeah, I was out in.
Speaker 1: These sheets reckless, but hip hop crime to this point is special limitations.
Speaker 9: Rockefeller dropped hay Poppy just in time for the what it was on another professor's soundtrack and they dropped in time for the Puerto.
Speaker 3: Rican the Parade.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, so we have shots to say, Hey, Poppy Rockefell. The street team is nothing but like seventeen year o lightcense girls.
Speaker 3: We'll just later j HR.
Speaker 9: We go to the Puerto Rican Day Parade and apparently we're entering it at the same time as the Latin Kings. Oh it's me and this other Brooklyn guy and we're having a wild standoff with mad Latin Kings with their knives out. All these girls are scared shipless, and I'm just like, yo, would you like a hate Poppy.
Speaker 3: We ended up having to like not get in the parade. We ended up joining like sixty six Street or whatever, and we're just happy.
Speaker 9: My whole point of working at Rockefeller was I like calling girls from Rockefeller because it came up on a call is Rockefeller.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, see what ja?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I worked.
Speaker 8: I worked at def damn during the Carter administration as they like to call it. And part of my my job duties were administrating the Rockefeller website, which included approving member profile photos. Yeah, use your use your imagination and that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: Remember prof file photo so you could so they like it was like it was like it was almost like a social network and you upload your you know, create a profile and put your picture up there.
Speaker 3: And there were a lot of interesting profile pictures all round.
Speaker 9: From Rock was the highest level you could get a Rockefeller was if you've got a time port remember the Motorola time ports?
Speaker 3: Yeah, big, because had one hip hop had one. Bit Like I was like, damn using the excuse me this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like yeah, I was like, you're gonna Kelly rolling excel on.
Speaker 7: Yeah she was.
Speaker 3: She was sending emails the nextl Yeah, she was spread.
Speaker 6: Everything was totally right.
Speaker 3: It was in the video because she opened up birthday.
Speaker 9: It was like it was to do some quotions, like she was just on the talk show and she was like, yeah, I saw that little meme because she was like I was in Destiny Child.
Speaker 3: Why would I know how to use Microsoft Office? I was like, just ship on us.
Speaker 13: I mean, why why do you think she was asking everybody to pay her bills? You know this because I saw the video she made all the pot charts? Was it the Nelly video is dilimma?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was her and paying the bill memory? And I was alive in the eighties, keeping the real people. For all those down there listening.
Speaker 7: White people's nine one seven?
Speaker 3: What wit can ask a question?
Speaker 1: Since you are now the gate keeper or one of the gate keepers of Sesame Street, why you got.
Speaker 6: A sick to that?
Speaker 3: Would you ever have?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was on s Street? Was he was Paul Mooney on Sesame? Everybody else?
Speaker 6: I don't know, don't Quizzy now? Quest Love was on Testy Street?
Speaker 7: You were great? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Was on street? Name Dropp there like, yo, big bird, what's up? What's up with that? Pack up? The man?
Speaker 1: Wait, y'all got the y'all got the muppet whose dad's in prison, right, Yeah, what'sccerated?
Speaker 3: Have to boy?
Speaker 9: I'd be like your piece in respect to you a lot. Your father was a real nigga on the.
Speaker 12: Like that.
Speaker 3: So you need from mister Hooper store Boom, Yeah, nigga, Grover looking at you, funny, I got you, I got you anywhere we go see these.
Speaker 7: Old Earth Tomorrow actually this is true. Tomorrow to thirty pm. I have to go to media training that sesme street what so that I am training the areas of media, which includes this fucked up room that I'm in. So I say, the right ship? Do they know what podcast?
Speaker 9: We're gonna do a reboot of Top Boy using muppets? How good it with Foo Kamali and to throw a muppet off the balcony.
Speaker 3: With Top Boy? I scrolled and ship every time.
Speaker 7: I was selling.
Speaker 9: They're selling drugs in North London in the projects. And at first You're like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: So this is so this is a sick. It's like not sitcom, but it's a show.
Speaker 3: It's a serial.
Speaker 9: It's like The Wire and Drake is doing Drake is out of pocket funding the last season of it.
Speaker 3: So Drake was acting Netflix.
Speaker 9: But we waited like Top Boy fans have waited in like three years for this last season that Drake just previewed is coming out. That show is trust me, it's like that I don't. I do not highly recommend stuff other.
Speaker 3: Than the Star is Born, clearly. But in the City.
Speaker 9: If you if you like puns and people not really understand how sex works, Sex and the City is for you.
Speaker 3: But check out Top Boy.
Speaker 8: I'm amazed at how much you fucking know about Sex and the City. Well why I thought about the city.
Speaker 9: Was because my sister but to watch the city and I was I was wilding at the top. So my parents was like, could you just stay inside because I feel like you're gonna die.
Speaker 3: And I was like fine.
Speaker 9: So I was like, all right, let me go watch Sex in the City. And it was weird to me because it was like it was literally places we would pass that would not allow us in. Yeah, okay, wow, it was I'm like, oh, that's what they do in these places.
Speaker 3: I was like, apple more TVs, that's what people drink.
Speaker 8: Apology, But that's like one of the weirdest things that like, I know, okay, everybody's listening.
Speaker 3: I've known Jesus for like almost like fifteen years got to be more than that.
Speaker 6: What are you happy back then?
Speaker 7: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Wow? Shut up anyway, So yeah, like the trajectory, Yeah, that was my trajectory was not Sex and the City.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like just find out that you like, you have like an encyclopedic knowledge of that fucking show.
Speaker 9: I can recite individual lines, plot lines. It freaks women out. It freaks What's funny is women are just like, yo, that's cool, like a boyfriend that like six and I was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this reminds me of like episode thirty five. They're like, uh, every time.
Speaker 5: Watching normally, but I don't have an encyclopedia knowledge about it, so.
Speaker 9: There's not that much to know. There's like those two Black episodes, which were very problematic Underwood and then like The Black Girl was like you'll never be allowed in Like it was like very over the top. Yeah, satin sassy urban chick, Miranda not eating the guys butt after he ate her butt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miranda to bed. You can't be mayor of New York. Worse, you can't be.
Speaker 7: In my head.
Speaker 3: You got getting that she's with the nerd dude right, Yes, Steve, I'm Steve Random we practiced my three Everyone I'm saying, like two episodes of the show.
Speaker 12: I'm like, niggas had hbo y'are doing it like that. I was like, fam, I gotta go over that v vhs take on top of my.
Speaker 3: Two minutes of the space.
Speaker 6: On showtime?
Speaker 3: What the are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Who has showtime?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 7: But the room.
Speaker 3: I did an interview with I think Vulture magazine.
Speaker 9: They're asking about Sex and the City and the creator Sex and the City retreated. It was like, Yo, this is hell interesting. You know, sees like someone like me and something. Lady was like, no one cares about the male gaze. They was like, yeah, we care about this one.
Speaker 12: This is this is.
Speaker 3: Also if you watch Sex and the City. Carry was a piece of ship. No, she was the worst car.
Speaker 6: She was the worst car.
Speaker 1: I never heard no personal development Like that's where girls claiming like, you know, if.
Speaker 3: Your life is a mess, this is like a right now. I'm like, I'm waiting for the lebron ship to start.
Speaker 1: Niggas talking about sex and you tell me like you carried versus Samantha, who call your.
Speaker 7: Hair guy cut?
Speaker 3: I walked into super Cuts, Russell Wilson's like I got next. I'm just saying that I know that women women. No, he doesn't want to go.
Speaker 6: He got one of the worst lineups in the game. Like, man, I love that Russell.
Speaker 3: Feel safe roaster Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson will beat all of.
Speaker 5: Us on the show last week, right, So he's not gonna get back around y'all all the time soon, So we're good.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be better. Gosh, you guys roasted.
Speaker 1: All right, Sonna speaking of roasting without stating the captain obvious, let's go without stay in the captain obvious ones.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 6: Who is anyone else ever tried to see y'all?
Speaker 3: Lonnie Love approaching Donnie Love. I want to know and get the chick because you know what it is? Does that show the real?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 9: And your man over here can't tell the difference between Sherry Shepherd and Lonnie Love.
Speaker 6: Is that difficult? It's pretty difficult.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about, thank you. The difference is And she was.
Speaker 9: Like, I don't know what white producer thought. You told you this would be funny, but it's very you know, like it's not.
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, fam, I'm sorry. Lonnie or Sherry.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean not to be spicy, but I mean spice.
Speaker 3: The real is just the go bot version of the all it is. It's like your parents. I had one this, I had nothing to do with this.
Speaker 7: I love them.
Speaker 9: I feel like I still see now we can say hot ship that people still have to have us on right right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Uh you know that's not Shirry Sheard, by the way, not Chry Goldberg. She was building.
Speaker 9: We had that other beef and then like, well that's going on. Sherry came through like yo, I got shooting and I was like, yo what.
Speaker 7: I was like, I want all the smoke.
Speaker 3: Sherry was popping. She boy the kid out. We had forty up?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 6: Many come up and take your belt off? Oh my god, that's the worst building.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was a girl in ninth grade, like I tripped her when she was running.
Speaker 3: She didn't know what to do. She was so stunned, and she thought about.
Speaker 6: It and then she just took her belt off and I was like, oh god, that's.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cynthia. Right, I'm still matter of fact. She reminded me of the Center on Facebook. I'm said, I may remember that time where I beach asked.
Speaker 10: The tea do they teach you that like self defense class, like you'll take your belt off and hook over with your belt?
Speaker 3: Did like possessed? Wow?
Speaker 10: Because I was at a bar with my man and Nace, who's a who's loose cannon just came home shot at the Nace. But we at a bar and some dude steps on his feet you know what I'm saying, on his sneakers.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He's one of those dudes that's like, yo, you step yo, yo, apologize my nigga. You violated You feel me like.
Speaker 1: Well he's a good time, yeah, saying with Jordan Ford.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Oh yeah, he violated my nigga. You know what I'm saying. My ships up and at Homie was just like forgot him my nigga and just kept the movie. He's like, nah, it ain't no funk out of here. So that he escalated the situation.
Speaker 10: We didn't realize it was it's me and him and like my other homeboy and it's like ten twelve of them. So the ship turns into this wide and it's a small bar, you feel me. So this ship turns into some wild brawl. People throwing ship, all going all crazy. There's one woman in there b she takes off a belt and starts hooking.
Speaker 3: Off on.
Speaker 10: Everybody, hitting niggas with the buckle like Jones were on the ave and she's still swinging the belt. I swear to god, this sparks coming out the floor.
Speaker 3: When I was their club, there was like these two groups of Mexican instruction workers.
Speaker 9: They got was like the wild fight, but they had the wild old d buckle belt belt buckles.
Speaker 3: So we're like, yo, you got you can't fight in the club, Like take that ship outside.
Speaker 9: Young man takes his belt buckle and keeps hitting the asphalt with it and makes it dropping in it coming off the belt buckle, Like, yo, who want to fuck with me?
Speaker 3: And I never seen no shit, Like I got on the phone like yeah, they're a Mexican.
Speaker 9: What club you're going from? Like Riviera's cooker, I never seen him. They were like, yo, go break it up. And I was like, now I get off for working.
Speaker 1: Our first night in Paris, it was like a night off before like we do a big show. We go some hip hop club this likes. I don't know which club it was.
Speaker 3: That's the only not to cut you up.
Speaker 9: That is the only club in my whole entire life as a Bronx resident. I got mugged Wow and Algerian. I was trying to get back to the Sofotel whatever whatever in Paris and.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I pull out my phone and I'm like yo. I'm like, oh, you're black. Were black haha in Africa? Ha ha yo Obama.
Speaker 7: So I'm like yo.
Speaker 9: So he goes, puts in his pocket. I'm a group of British citizens or white, and they're like not or white. They're like, just that it goes.
Speaker 3: It looks like.
Speaker 9: It looks like you don't worry about it. We'll go to the embassy in the morning. I was like, the funk we will. So I go and I grab the phone out of his pocket and I push him down and he's looking at me like this is not how we do it. In Ione, was like, yeah, you just let.
Speaker 3: Them take your stuff.
Speaker 7: I was like, not me.
Speaker 3: Fuck this, not here. I'm from the Bronx.
Speaker 9: Somebody hit by my damn told are they still scared of New York? I had a Yankee logo on my hat and some girls are crying in the club.
Speaker 3: She was like, I'll never get to New York. It's it's a pipe. I was like, it's a flight New York. But so then like I'm like, everyone in my group is like they're gonna come back. We gotta get out of here. Whatever.
Speaker 9: So we go like a taxi cab stand in France. So everyone's like smoking cigarettes, like it's two hours. We are queued up, like first q is not the right term. But I'm like, I'm like, I'm from the Brass trying to ride. I'm like, wow, I got my shirt off and ship a car.
Speaker 6: A car pulls upends and it's not okay.
Speaker 3: Couples about to get in the cab, and I'm like and I was like, guy, the driver goes, he like ros down the winter. He goes hip hop hip hop in the cab going back to the hotel. He's like, yeah, hip hop.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like, I America Parker. He's like black people, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 6: He's like, it's just a flight.
Speaker 3: It's just in the morning. They actually wanted me to go to the embassy to follow report. I'll say about black gray back. Fuck that.
Speaker 1: But Algerians, right, Algerians saw Kamal and this back when Kamal had like a massive beard and a big ass bro and they thought he was part of the rival Algerian gang. And so at least in ninety four, all they had to go in America was hood films. Yeah, like boys and like that's all you have to say that you could maybe scare them, but not the Algerians. These motherfuckers put out knives and ship and just started sparking up the ground like I never saw Yeah, And it was like come.
Speaker 3: Out and I'm like, no, we don't do that in America. We do not do that in America. What do you do it?
Speaker 6: They sharpened their knives on the sidewalk and we was out.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: When you listen, being from the Brust, you'd be like, yeah, fuck, I'm tough shit well, being from Philly, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So areas you're like, man, fuck anybody up. You go to developing nations.
Speaker 8: Differ like my parents just send me the D every summer, like yo, you're gonna learn, motherfucker. Like this motherfuckers in the street burning tires and ship like yo, we gotta shut down the whole crib. They got metal shutters on the windows because motherfuckers is on strike.
Speaker 6: They send you there just to learn how to.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 10: You're gonna bathe out this oil drum, you know what I'm saying, with a fucking bucket of water.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You're gonna ship in our house. You gonna wipe ass with this phone book.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It's a big ass thing of avocados. Don't come home till they all sold, you know what I'm saying. Yes, and here's some flip flops. Go get to work.
Speaker 9: My cousins in Jamaica, they live in TiVo. It's not Cavolativity Gardens, which is run by gunmen.
Speaker 3: So we go there on vacation. Vacation. That's so.
Speaker 9: My father's driving a rent a car and we just stopped because there is a barricade in the street where they're burning just loose pieces of woods and tires, and these two guys with sixteen it's just standing there like you.
Speaker 3: Cannot enter the town. So I was like, oh okay. I was like, you know, there's a sandus like to so my father's like beaches and he rolls down the winter.
Speaker 9: He goes Barrington, just me, Cleveland, Cleveland and your cousin and they're like, oh, they put down the guns and the powers and my cousins.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know we should go and shoot, but there we are, so.
Speaker 9: Like the significs of the burning tires, like what is that you know, David tires in that town to let the cops know that the cops were not wanted in that town, like the gunman.
Speaker 3: That's all you gotta don't have like around.
Speaker 9: Cops in Jamaica don't have like uniforms really Like it's just like yo, Like they have like a fucking Memphis Bleak promotional t shirts.
Speaker 3: They're losing. They're losing NBA team they got the camel shot.
Speaker 18: I went to Antigua for Carnival and it was the Sixers World champions Because I have because I'm a hard headed American, I don't google laws about other countries.
Speaker 9: Apparently in the Caribbee you cannot wear camouflage anything at all.
Speaker 3: They would not allow you into the country seriously. So I come in. I'm from New York, so you know, I come in with six pairs of camel shorts, like, Yo, let's go. We're going all week with these ships. And some lady very politely comes up to me and she goes, you need to go in the bathroom and change right now.
Speaker 7: You could be arrested.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I was like for what she was like, the camel shorts. That's what our cops were. And I was like, so that's more a problem on y'all than me, Like I'm just here dripping like ya.
Speaker 6: But they've never seen videos.
Speaker 3: They just wear different types of cameos.
Speaker 1: You can't wear camel on that on it does the commandos with camos, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Those are the dudes. Yo.
Speaker 10: You could go to the fucking uh like regular degular supermarket and a dude in front of the ship got a chopper, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. Like you don't got a flashlight a taser. He can't ask you for the receipt when you.
Speaker 10: Come out, you know what I'm saying. He's just standing there like with a beer. Like I'm just like, fam like, this don't is different?
Speaker 6: What did your folks do?
Speaker 3: What do your folks do?
Speaker 8: My pops is a vac technician and my mom's is a teacher. But they both retired. Now they moved back, so they still they back. Yeah, they came, they came here, milky titty. You know what I'm saying, took the bag back home.
Speaker 3: What about your folks? What did my parents do other than be miserable? You know what's funny, My grandfather I forgot.
Speaker 9: I never knew what my grandfather did for a living because he's so much like my grandfather died in ninety nine.
Speaker 3: But the wildest part was my whole life. My grandfather in the rural part of.
Speaker 9: Jamaica, in the country, no paved road, no electricity out house and everything blind from birth.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's always been like your grandpa, like he's feeling on our face or whatever. One day we get the wild call from my eyes. You can see you can see, Oh my god, you can see come down, come down, come down. And I'm like, what my father's like packing up ship, like you gotta go. Your grandfather has.
Speaker 7: To see you.
Speaker 9: I was like, all right, fine, I guess this would be like a wild Hallmark moment, Like I'm imagining my grandfather like cheer up when he see me.
Speaker 3: We pull up to Jamaica. Your man's at the porch and he's like hm hmm. I was like, my nigga, we just flew on a plane. You said. I had to looked at me like I was getting a whole beef paddy more like shot.
Speaker 9: I was like, you know what, when I go get some rain water to drink so I'd be hydrated, I'm just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: At six o'clock, the wild dogs are coming.
Speaker 6: So I got struck from my night and so you are your fault are the state side the here?
Speaker 9: My parents are here, but I got wild family in Jamaica and in England and like in South London Brick oh wow, which is crazy because I go there and my aunt's like, don't go outside you get stabbed.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I'm from the Bronx. I was like also, I was like, also, you got to know like a car between the person trying to stab you your yeusual you just run around the circles around the cars like I really was. I was like, your stabbing is not that serious. Stabbing is extremely serious, Like that's.
Speaker 9: Like black crime out there for them. But it's just like you can't take it serious because the sound like Butler's.
Speaker 6: So you can't be getting sapped by Jeffrey from mister.
Speaker 1: Look at this, look at your trouser at me, look at his trousers, mate, Oh my god, I dout gutted me.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's how y'all roasted out here like where Look at my trousers, mate.
Speaker 1: So in light of the ascent of the Deesus and your brand, how different is it with your family?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Now my mom has She don't even hesitate, bro, she just pulled up. She's like James harden bro straight to the rack, Yo, let me hold five geez.
Speaker 3: Like, straight up and.
Speaker 10: Guessed me every time with the under and ship like in one whole she asked for five am giving a six. She's like, Yo, the old house, Yo, there's a fucking crack and the ship and there's it's seeping. It's the first house we bought in this country. She give me the whole spiel, like, Yo, this is our blood, sweat and tears. Your father broke his leg behind this. You know what I'm saying. I was pregnant going through college with you. I gotta speak English. I dropped the Pyramids and I was so exactly every time, every time, every time I fucked up. She's like, yeah, I was not months pregnant with you. I was about to give birth and I was finishing my bachelor's you know what I'm saying. Cause she had her bachelors and masters in DR. But when she came over here, they made her start all over. Wait, no English, you feel me? So then she's a cutie like trying to like keep ahead above watership, but she's out here killing it. But she's while pregnant, and she had her one pair of mittens because you know, drs ain't no fucking snow in DR. So she had one pair of mittens. And her whole story was just like, you know, when I came to this country and I have was pregnant with you because you were most difficult for me, I was, I was. I was one contry thirty pounds, I gained two hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 16: Betty, big Betty difficult for me. I could not bend dover. So when I get off the boss, I was some bodies because I didn't not speak English. I dropped my meatank in the portal and I just laft there.
Speaker 3: What did they do?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 3: What did you said?
Speaker 7: What did they do?
Speaker 3: Retired? My parents they made.
Speaker 9: You know, it's really my parents came here from the United came home from Jamaica with nothing. My city, the first part of Jamaica. What part of Jamaica in the hills? Black uh st Elizabeth.
Speaker 7: Black, dude. I'm pretty sure my stepmother and your parents are related.
Speaker 3: They probably probably because so my father gets here.
Speaker 9: The first thing, the first the first thing my father buys is Trump's The Art of the Deal.
Speaker 6: My uncle in the eighties, my uncle read that book.
Speaker 3: It was like everything he learned in that he was able to become very successful in real estate. Like he made a lot of money in real estate. I'm never gonna see any of it because he's like I made that that. You didn't make that, little nigga, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 14: But so they retire from Florida now and oh my god, wait, black people retired to Florida West Beach because that's like West Jews and black folks.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 3: Facts because because my wife is Jewish and.
Speaker 6: Every fucking pause, your wife is Jewish. Bro and fordam Road.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 10: I lived one hundred and one in Kamberlain with my girlfriend and I was and I was like, you know what, I'm saying, I was doing my little thing.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You know, statute limitations. I gotta say too much. But I used to go to this pool hoole all the time.
Speaker 10: That was like for locals like this was like, yo, if you if you're a Fordham student, if you're a Fordham student, like you go to like Mugsy's, You go to this bar over here, You go to this bar there because it's safe, you know what I mean. You got to show you for my d to go in there. She used to be up in a local poolhole with where the goons. Like I'm up there with six dudes with Norfen's jackets, we all dusted with gold grills and ship. We all looked like Rizza, you know what I'm saying, and all that, and I'm like, who is this? I'm like, yo, who's this wild, light skinned Puerto Rican chick? Like because she can't be white up in here, you know what I'm saying. Fast forward like a decade and I'm working at a school because at this point I'm just like, yo, I don't got no aim in life.
Speaker 3: You feel me like he had one hundred thousand jobs.
Speaker 10: I was just like boosting, hustling, just trying to like finance my way through shit. And so then my mom was like, you need to stop.
Speaker 16: You need to get a real job with insurance and benefits and things like this, because in this country, that's all that mattered to you is you have insurance.
Speaker 10: I was like, my bet, I got you. And I was like, all right, which government job does not pissed us? And it's it's education. So I went over there, wid yo, and it bugged me to funk out because the first time, like I went there and the fingerprinted me, and I was shook because I was like, I don't got no felonies, but I got a couple of misdemeanors or whatever.
Speaker 3: But they were all like bullshit, like whatever, I never got caught up on no felony shit. So I got like I got, I got exactly, So I skiped through the whole product in the show with don you know what happened.
Speaker 10: They never see me pissed, you know what I'm saying. They never make me take a piss whatever they figuring for me, I'm all good. I get nominated by the principal who used to be my English teacher back in the day, you know what I'm saying. Then I started working in the same school that I went to in junior how I went seventy sixth of more shout to South Bronx, I'm saying. And this lady across the hall from me is just wow loud, And she got the worst class in the school, like they giving her like the fifteen sixties.
Speaker 3: This is junior high.
Speaker 8: You age out at thirteen fourteen. They fifteen sixteen and ended up beat it up, yeah, like gang banging for real. And she got them in there reading fucking James like Pearl and Scause. She got them in there reading Steinbeck and shit.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh yeah. And I was just like, and I'm looking, I'm like a Jew. I was like, who the fuck?
Speaker 9: I was like, Yo, did you go to floridam oh shit? Shout out to Victoria. Yeah, not to Were you asking about my parents? About my yeah? Uh my sister as a birthday gift for the flex this is my sister, right, okay? You know, like her birthday came and I was like, damn, like I'm popping. And you know, every now and then you gotta do it real hard on your family, like yo, yes, let me. Let me give you some ship you could never have in your whole, entire fucking life. So you know, I'm really on TV doing this. So for my sister's birthday, I'm flying her and for her friends out to Essence Fest.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, a nice ass hotel. They don't got pays tickets. That's actually not funny. Charlie Wilson has not been for three years in the It's actually Frankie Beverly.
Speaker 9: Is listen if she got the All White Like every night she texted me, She's like, I can't believe this is so like with the wild crying.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, you enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: That'll be fifteen months.
Speaker 3: But I used to work.
Speaker 9: I used to work at I used to work at. I've had every job. I've had, every job I got. I got deaded by what Keny Moore at?
Speaker 3: Uh? I I try to holler backstage and open bar and her boyfriend was right there. She was a little nigga. I had that hitty and my sister I was I came up. I was like, what up?
Speaker 9: After I've been curved by some of the hottest women in the world, like what's her name? Shorty from Shorty from scandal. Uh Kerry Washington, She's a master curb your fam. I came up to her and I was like, you're from the Bronx. I'm from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: What's up? She's like, she was like and she literally said to me, are you for real right now? Wait? Year? Wait?
Speaker 6: Save the Last Dance era.
Speaker 3: Or like season three?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 9: That was That was a Steph Curry. You don't know how Dusty hate me. You don't know how dusty I was. I had just fought with the owner of the night club. I was like five dollars for coach.
Speaker 3: Nigga. I just bought my up behind this here?
Speaker 7: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: So you know we come far away?
Speaker 7: Damn man.
Speaker 6: I tried to come and save the Last Dance.
Speaker 7: Eric Carrey, Yeah she.
Speaker 6: Was married then, Yeah to the dude from staving Last Dance.
Speaker 3: So I gotta ask if okay? So I always have this Jinx thing.
Speaker 1: When people upgrade, then there's a fear that they might lose the rawness of the demo. I e Rizza leaving the projects and making Wu Tang forever out in lak.
Speaker 3: You mean prenology wow water.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Are there any concerns with you guys upgrading of course to a higher level that you might lose the rawness.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm on Twitter right now telling shots. Fine, I said, I will funk you up. Yeah that's not That's how we're talking about. Like I don't care talking about I don't care what I doing, what I do.
Speaker 9: I like to think of it, like jay Z early jay Z versus, he's talking that gun talk, he's talking at coke talk, he's talking that bronk.
Speaker 3: He took that Brooklyn ship.
Speaker 9: Now he's colorless, so colorless. But jay Z made a gradual trans father. Now he's a philanthropists you blue era.
Speaker 3: Father. The problem is questions that you don't see. He sees your pain, so you don't see his pain.
Speaker 9: Like jay Z was talking about leaving condoms on baby seats and I feel, you know, like, yes.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm king upgrade, but I'm just saying a found easy transition.
Speaker 9: There's a fear of it because you definitely see fans like I love the I love the last show. Bill you have you have fans are like I love the last show. You should never stop doing the last show. But it's like fam, we just keep leveling up.
Speaker 3: You have to come with us. You have to believe in the brand. You have to believe in the message, believe from doing better stuff, from joking off, my god, joke off, joking off.
Speaker 9: When we said like two jokes that were cleared by Viacom and they were just like they were like, what's up.
Speaker 3: We did one joke and like I came on, I.
Speaker 9: Was like, pa pa pa, pa pa, And it was like we had to explain to the audience what that was. And it was like, that's a Chicago lullaby and that's why we were not in the next season of But you know, like that's the kind of humor that's harder in front of an audience. You know, No, we love an audience because the audience is a media feedback for your jokes and stuff, and people, the people come into our show fuck with us heavy, so they get the humor, so you can you can do that kind of dark, sick humor that maybe not translates on showtime, but the audience gets it. And then if people at home here the audience laughter, they're like, Okay, maybe I just gotta say something there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have one complaint about the new show Rainbow. Hear it, But you know it's not the it's not the rainbow, not the bear, neither what not the bear. I bought the motherfucking shirt with the bear on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's limited edition now and now there's no fucking bear on the show.
Speaker 6: Why is there no bear?
Speaker 3: Because it was in the vice offer room. Y'all were really in a conference room. We were in the conference room. Okay, that's the way I'll take that show. It was like this, but with three cameras back. You know what I'm saying straight up?
Speaker 6: And so what was y'all weekly schedule like taping that ship?
Speaker 3: Take a show four times a weekend?
Speaker 9: In the podcast Friday, do you know the really bad Wendy's in uh Senate Sennes City.
Speaker 1: Uh it's fifteenth in Chestnut Yeah, where Kanye and Kim had their dinner.
Speaker 9: Yes, so shorty that I was that the Obama office was the right above that Wendy. Okay, I know I would be in like a wild hood Wendy's wait already have a life together.
Speaker 3: She was like, I'm gonna be president one day. I was like, yeah, yeah, I got carry guns.
Speaker 9: She was, and I was I was like, she was like, oh my god, I can't believe you come all the way from the Bronx to see me from on a mega bus.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm just fu, is she still in the pigion now?
Speaker 9: No, Like she's like I don't even want to say her name because she's like very high up in politics and ship. But like like she'd be looking at Jess Merrow like damn, I got a bullet. I thought I would have talked, I would have tanked her.
Speaker 10: I'm so glad that all my ex girlfriends are failures because I gotta like blatantly say their names and be like, yo, you can check her out of Riviera's.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night. You know what I'm saying. My exes are trying to do things like shout him out x Kamala, you know felt.
Speaker 7: I was like, what, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Up to five four pieces?
Speaker 1: Well, ladies and gentlemen, that's a rap for part one. Come back next week for more DCS and Merrill on Question of Supreme. Check him out Thursday nights on Showtime.
Speaker 3: All right, Yo, next week's Crazy Crazy See that.
Speaker 1: Courstlove Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.