Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died at the Kitchen Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling. One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling. You're a coward.
Speaker 3: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now joined by Bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Larry.
Speaker 1: Hello, all right, let's just kind of get to the point. What happened last week when you knew we were doing the podcast and then I hear that you didn't have your phone on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I said that to Ray on a text message. But then I went back and looked through my calls, and I don't have a call log from you, and I'm not sometimes you don't get a call log. But I didn't hear the phone ring and I was on the operating table.
Speaker 1: Dan, I don't know, okay, but you you could have called us correct.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can call into this number.
Speaker 1: No, you could call me and say, hey, call me, I'm ready, or you could call Ray or Shay or Dylan and then we would have called you back. But I was ready to move on from you. Okay, on the table, Okay, give us the give us the operation that was going on.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I told my boy, doctor Morgan, the surgeon, that we were going to do the show, and he was looking forward to it. So I was certainly looking forward to the call. Okay, it's just a faithal self, nothing big deal. I got to I get the stitches out on Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you knew you were going to do this last week at this time, correct, yeah, oh yeah, okay, And at no point, and at no point did you think of getting hold of us, Larry, No, because.
Speaker 4: I forgured you if if I well, first of I didn't hear the call. I mean I don't. I don't know if I got a call or not. I'm assuming I did, but I just a lot of time. You just call right back. I'm certainly was waiting for the call.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a new leader in the clubhouse, and unfortunately it's Larry.
Speaker 4: My rightful, my rightful position.
Speaker 5: This is worse. I'd rather all be negative.
Speaker 1: Well that's Larry leading bad. Larry's plus eighteen. He won two units last week. Dylan lost five units, so it's plus twelve, and Shay is uh he's right there, won three units and he's up plus eleven. So we're heading down the home stretch and this is going to be a photo finish.
Speaker 5: I believe I flew too close to the sun.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, you did, But you do that, You're your own worst enemy.
Speaker 5: I've actually revised my strategy this week a little.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Army Navy. Where does that rank in all time bad beats? That was incredible? Yeah, that was incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Larry luck boxed that one.
Speaker 1: So Dylan lost that one. Maybe plus three yep, okay.
Speaker 5: And neither team or more. Yeah, that was close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of people had the over under. I'm guessing win that game. Yeah, yeah, let's see bad Larry. Did you have Army Navy?
Speaker 3: Yes you did? Or no, Shade did?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't have it on it. I did bet it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bought the line of twenty eight when the line was twenty eight and a half. I bought the twenty eight total lose. You're on the wrong side of the whole way. I'm figure Dylan's gonna win his No. Fifteen point thing. Look, and then I gotta luck out Push and I.
Speaker 1: Mean this is this is a historically bad, bad weekend for Dylan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got all I had was bills against the Chiefs and Patriot's money line, which is nice but literally just got deleted across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bad Larry did well. Lost the lines game with the Bears, Chargers against the Broncos. Shae lost basketball with Iowa Iowa unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That shit, they were done in the first five minutes.
Speaker 1: Danny anyware Seahawks plus ten against the Niners, lost that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, Sammy P, who was with us with the Chicken Dinner podcast, my man, the reaction to.
Speaker 3: Him was great. He's good.
Speaker 1: He was he was very knowledgeable and would certainly be an upgrade over bad Layry. Let's let's go around and vote on this, all right, Dylan, You in favor of Sammy P or keeping bad Larry.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't want to do this to Larry, but I mean Sam also had one big plus in addition to his insight, is that he was actually here.
Speaker 1: Okay, he did come in studio, Shaye, what about.
Speaker 3: You, oh Sam P? All day success? How about Ray Ray?
Speaker 7: You know what, I actually just jumped in for it. I think you guys should keep Sammy p in your back pocket just in case Shaye doesn't make it. I just I just wanted to jump in and say, I'm concerned about this young man.
Speaker 3: Are you okay? No, I ain't all right.
Speaker 7: Shay has sort of entered his Jim Morrison living in France.
Speaker 5: I think he looks more like Elvis at the end.
Speaker 3: His beard is crazy, is growing. It's too damn cold. I'm keeping it growing. I don't give a shit seat and it's stepping in for an intervention with you. I just want to make sure Shaye is all right. Podcast is getting some traction. I'm not in a good place. Everybody knows that. Okay.
Speaker 6: It actually is as a whole, a pretty tenuous grip on life by the entire podcast.
Speaker 3: Tenuous. Why don't you dumb it down a bit? There? College boys out here? I think that means we're all kind of bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh now, I know you're not drinking. You're on the wagon, ball in the wagon, but you smell like alcohol. Well, it's because of the company. I keep gnny you. You came in solo.
Speaker 3: I did once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But it was before that, you know. Okay, I had a couple of meetings, Danny. Okay, it might have been coming out of your pores. No, Danny, I'm on the wagon, been on the wagon a long time. You have had a whole I got a whole lot of people listening to this podcast. I know, I'm I'm It's like, if it's too big for my breeches, that's a damn problem this. People quit listening to this ship, turn it off.
Speaker 6: I think you're I think you're just like the human version of like a car with closs seats that someone smokes cigarettes and for like twenty years and no matter what.
Speaker 3: That smells like getting out, you can stop it. I smell I smell like depression and divorced dads.
Speaker 5: That's what I mothballs.
Speaker 3: I smell like rehab. That's it.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 3: You know what we should?
Speaker 1: We should make a cologne, Shy and irvings rehab. Oh man, it would be flying off the show, hob Yeah, Hey, what are you wearing rehab?
Speaker 3: Shay?
Speaker 5: It's just delightful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dig it, Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so Ray just stepped in for a seat. Nice cameo my seat in there and we appreciate that. Ray your vote for Sammy P or Bad Larry to stay on.
Speaker 3: I'm taking Sammy P.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 6: We got a lot of Instagram love for Sammy Larry even saying yeah, people are saying you getting Wally pipped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so that's.
Speaker 4: Bad, but you know that's all good. I listened to the podcast last week and I liked the guy. But I did hear that the three hours to get to the studio so wasn't worth it. Dan he You guys want him, you can have.
Speaker 3: Him excellent best news of the week than you. Wait, wait, so you're backing away, Larry?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to give my picks this week. Okay, I glad I can gladly missed his twenty minutes of my life every whee.
Speaker 1: You're so fucking busy that you know you take your carve out twenty minutes of your week for us, Marvin, do you want don't Sammy P or Bad Larry?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm gonna go with, Shane, I mean Shane Irving. I'm gonna go with the Bad Larry. He's been here, He's been consistent.
Speaker 5: Oh fuck you?
Speaker 3: And how consistent has he been?
Speaker 8: He's only missed two or three times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to fucking Vienna and I was on the damn show. Fuck you Larry. Uh, I want Larry to stay.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Dan, don't. I don't need people. I don't need Larry.
Speaker 1: It's I'm the host of this. I want.
Speaker 3: I want you to stay. Well.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, Dan.
Speaker 1: Until you don't show up, and then Sammy p Is gonna be in and then we we never mentioned your name again.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is tell me when you have a third guy in the studio. Don't get any time anyway, So it's not worthing we go.
Speaker 1: If you have a Larry, if you were more interesting, you would get more airtime.
Speaker 4: There are so many times I have great cracks and you don't even hear them.
Speaker 3: Dan, because they're not funny.
Speaker 4: Mother, No, no, no, say.
Speaker 3: No, they're not Larry.
Speaker 5: I think we should.
Speaker 4: You don't even hear them. You guys keep talking because my phone is turned off and you know it, and Ray knows Larry.
Speaker 3: The funniest things that you say.
Speaker 1: You're not trying to be funny when you go to some pumpkin patch or a regana or you're at a funeral.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to live my life, Dan, I my dad.
Speaker 3: None of us got shipped to do. Larry. Just you. You're the busiest motherfucker on this show. Who doesn't have a job.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got I got, I got people waiting for me right now?
Speaker 5: Who wow?
Speaker 3: Who your bookie? You got money for you?
Speaker 4: If you've been following my say, you know I ain't paying him your ass?
Speaker 3: Okay, when are you coming up again?
Speaker 5: Larry?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I am definitely I'm going to Maine on Thursday. Next Thursday, I'll be driving to Maine.
Speaker 1: Okay. And you want to stop back, you want to stop in?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can. I don't know what. I don't know why. Plants get Dan?
Speaker 5: Okay, Sammy p can ye? Yeah again do Larry?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: That leads us two bets for this week. Bat Larry'll start with you. You're the new clubhouse leader.
Speaker 4: Oh don't sound Let's kick him out now that he's ahead. Are we ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Raiders minus three against the Chargers, Broncos plus four against the Lions, Saints minus five and a half against the Giants, The Browns minus three and a half against.
Speaker 3: The Bear How can you bet against Tommy d Vido.
Speaker 4: That's the show's got to end.
Speaker 3: Really, it's a great show.
Speaker 5: He's got moxie.
Speaker 1: I would say something, No, no, no, you can't know. You're not saying anything. Is a genius bad Italians?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Anything else?
Speaker 4: Yes? The Falcons minus three against the Panthers, the Bills minus two against the Cowboys, Wow, and the Rams minus six and a half against the Commanders.
Speaker 1: You know what's amazing is Larry has all of the point spreads correct for once. Whoa, yeah, how about.
Speaker 4: It, Warry.
Speaker 1: That's reason enough for Larry to be able to stay. So all right, Dylan, Dylan, you're in second place barely.
Speaker 3: I'll turn the floor over to.
Speaker 6: You, sart a third, then second, then first. Now, so I'm going a little lighter with my picks. Actually, one thing that Sammy p said that stuck out to me was He's like, why the hell do you have fifteen bets? That is true, I think you're gonna win. So I've tapered that down a little bit tapered. But for college football, I got Fresno State plus four against Shay's New Mexico State.
Speaker 5: Wow. Diego Pavilla ain't shit.
Speaker 3: Oh, all right, time out, stay seated.
Speaker 5: That was over the line. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: And then Old Dominion minus two and a half against Western Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we needed the accent there in Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just.
Speaker 5: Is there Kentucky as an accent?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, but I don't need it from you.
Speaker 5: Damn fine. I thought it was pretty good, you know.
Speaker 1: I start, I swear to God, I start out in a good mood when we do this, and then three quarters of the way through, then I regret doing it.
Speaker 3: Fair. That's fair.
Speaker 5: I think we all did.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you ain't alone, Danny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, NFL, alright, NFL Broncos Lions under forty eight.
Speaker 1: I can't help but still look at Uche and think what Seaton said about when Jim Morrison let it all go away and he moved to Paris and then they found him.
Speaker 3: Ub yeah, yeah, live in his life, damn it, Okay, doing the right thing, Dan.
Speaker 5: He was a twenty seven clubber.
Speaker 3: He was also a CIA operative who really want to get into it?
Speaker 1: We can go, let's get into it. I don't know if he was his CIA operative while he was in Paris.
Speaker 3: No, it was a psyop Danny. He wasn't a musician, he was an actual agent. He was Yeah, google that, ye, google that. Well he's a very bright guy. Yeah yeah, yeah. And he got trained by the federal government on psyops on how to get inside the brains of the hippies and turn them different. That's a fact. Google it.
Speaker 1: But but he couldn't help himself get inside his own head.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, drugs or drugs Danny? I mean some people love him, some people don't.
Speaker 5: Maybe he just knew too much.
Speaker 1: Oh, his brain was too big exploded.
Speaker 3: He should go to his gravesite. That should be a sponsored trip.
Speaker 1: I was going to do that when I was in Paris a couple of years ago. And then my wife was like, wait, you want to go to his grave? And I said, yeah, think so. And then she said if you want to go, you can go. I said all right, No, I won't go.
Speaker 5: Don't you hate the doors Dan? Or not a fan? I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a fan?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it the organ? You just hate art? That's all? I love art? You hate it? I love Heye?
Speaker 1: He took down his pants in New Haven, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Good Man, Yes he has. We'll go to bar pizza two in the morning. Pants are optional. It's called Nude Haven. Oh, thank you, thank you. All right, let's hurry up because Larry's got other things to do. Larry is still with us.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, NFL deal.
Speaker 6: Alright, the NFL. It's Broncos Lions under forty eight. Bill's minus two against the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: They are interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm getting nervous that everybody loves the Bills. Now, I know Vegas really loves the Bills.
Speaker 3: I don't like him on the road, Danny cold Weather game, it's scaring the shit out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to your picks in a moment, uh, Dylan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then my Ravens minus three against the Jags on Sunday night, and those are all way too rational.
Speaker 5: So I have a little parlay sprinkling.
Speaker 6: Then anytime touchdown scores for Saturday's games, justin Jefferson, Mitch Trubisky, and Davonte Williams plus twenty three seventy two.
Speaker 1: Mitch Trewbisky throw up touchdowns, so he has to has to run for a touchdown or catch one.
Speaker 3: And what.
Speaker 1: Are the adnts?
Speaker 5: What do you get that pays out? Plus twenty three seventy two about twenty didn you.
Speaker 1: Just say you learned something from Sammy p last week to not do too many bets? I look too stupid.
Speaker 5: Something I didn't learn everything?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is that it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Wait, no, I have a UFC that back in the swing of things. Leon Edwards and Colby Covington are fighting. I'm going Leon Edwards by knockout plus two seventy five.
Speaker 3: Book it, Shan Irving, Thank christ Danny college football okylight plus three against the Sooners. I got the.
Speaker 1: Ears laying Dylan Gabriel is not playing in that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no shit, okay, I got the Ears laying five and a half against North Carolina. No, Drake may Corvallis plus six and a half against the Catholics.
Speaker 1: So no dj uy Angola la No, Sam Hartman correct.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame doesn't want to play this game. They don't want to play this game. Morvalis has a defense plus six and a half all day.
Speaker 1: But you know what these bull games, it's about the quarterbacks who weren't playing. They're either transferred poral or they're gonna wait and get ready for the combine.
Speaker 3: Brings up a great point. Texas Tech laying the three against Berkeley for some freaking reason, Taj Brooks is coming back and he's gonna play in this Bowl game. I don't know how the hell that's possible, but it is. Uh. And then Wyoming laying the three against h Toledo.
Speaker 1: And Brooks rush for over fourteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yard He's a beast. He should be going in the NFL. I know what the fuck he's doing.
Speaker 1: You only got so many carries in your body? You do now to the NFL?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chargers plus three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Eastern stick.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: The fighting golfs laying the four against the Christian quarterback.
Speaker 1: He just had a Baby's wife just had their fourth another one another.
Speaker 3: One working my daughter? Yeah yeah, yeah, that's impressing. Uh.
Speaker 1: Are you done having kids?
Speaker 3: No? You're not? What is tell me? With this wife?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, she's done. I ain't. My second wife's really gonna want some kids. You know you're not a child support You're not done shooting the club? No, I'm gonna shoot the club up every day. Okay? Uh? Detroit we did that. And then I got the Saints laying and a half against the fighting Italian Tommy Tommy d V fighting cap, fighting moots all right. What else is that?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 1: Hawks and Eagles, Oh, exhausted? Anything else? Anybody else needs to say?
Speaker 3: Bad Larry?
Speaker 1: I'll start with you, since apparently you have so many great funny lines and I never listened to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I have nothing else to say that.
Speaker 3: That's funny, Larry.
Speaker 1: That's funny, Larry.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll call you on my way to me if I can stop, and I will.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're killing us.
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 1: Thank you there, cute? Anybody have anything else to say?
Speaker 3: Hell? No, Danny?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Dylan.
Speaker 5: Nah, I'm good, coming.
Speaker 3: Back picture day. Ray, We're good.
Speaker 1: We're good, all right, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Me and Shay were talking about me eating watermelon. You want to get into that where we go here? We just want to end this.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was wild, that's all. Watermelon's good. Well, you're just eating watermelon in the middle of the show. It just kind of made me laugh a little bit. For no reason whatsoever. I would like some watermelon. You say that for bad Larry. You know, you know the funny thing is in Texas on Juneteenth, you can't find that son of a bitch in the store. It's gone, all gone.
Speaker 1: It's a fact, you know what I made. I made the mistake of asking if anybody had anything else to say. All right, I hope everybody has a great weekend, a profitable weekend, and uh we look forward to talking to you next Thursday. Damn Patrick takes it, takes it down.