Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, Thanks for joining us on this Wednesday Morning run.
Speaker 2: It is Wednesday, March eleven. I'm surprised. I didn't know it was Wednesday already.
Speaker 3: And apparently you don't know your name either. You've yet to introduce yourself. Oh I'm I'm just standing by. Yeah, that's Robes. I'm TJ. And I guess we're a little messed that. We had a stressful night. Were all we couldn't sleep. We were waiting for this thirteen hundred pound satellite to crash to earth. NASA, what's going on? We need an update?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said they were going to keep us updated. We've heard nothing. We've been scouring the intertnet for any sign from NASA or the sky know anything about where this satellite and its remnants are landing. But they did give us a full twenty four hour window, so we're well within it any moment now.
Speaker 3: But they told us seven forty five last night Eastern time, this Van Allen probe that's been up there for over a decade is finally going to come crashing back to Earth. Thirteen hundred pounds. They say most of it is going to disintegrate upon re entry. But Robes, they said there is a no excuse me lo chance of causing harm to humans.
Speaker 2: They use the word is hell, not zero, not no lo one in forty two hundred. I believe for the odds, and they're not odds that I I know. Those aren't good odds.
Speaker 3: All right, But we're keeping an eye on the skies and on NASAA. But we were talking about this one yesterday. We haven't gotten the update about where this sucker is. They say, give or take twenty four hours, so I guess up until tonight it's possible.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's live like we're dying, everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, Also on the run on this Wednesday morning, we'll be making stops in Miami, in Alabama, in Toronto, and Tehran, as well as making an stop at an airport near you. We'll explain that. But yes, let's begin, Robes. We have to begin an update on the war with Iran.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And there is not a single sign of a way out or even an end to this conflict.
Speaker 2: Missiles and drones and tough talk continue to fly from both sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on both sides. From the US side, Defense Secretary of Pete Hegseth He said Tuesday was the most intense day of strikes yet against Iran. That was followed by Iranian officials warning that today will be its most intense day of strikes of the war.
Speaker 1: Now, a lot of the focus right now is on the street of Hormuz, an important shipping lane for twenty percent of the world's oil tanker traffic is just trickling through there now as Iran has promised to disrupt oil exports.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the Pentagon announced that one hundred and forty US service members have been injured during the war, eight of them seriously. But they did want to point out one hundred and eight of that one hundred and forty have already returned to duty, so they had minor injuries and wind right back. And also a reminder here seven US service members have been killed since this war.
Speaker 1: With the ron starting, our next leg of the run takes us to Toronto, where police sate two men opened fire on the US consulate yesterday there and are now asking for the public's help to try and track them down. It happened in the early morning hours on Tuesday. Police sad the men drove to the consulate, got out of a white Honda CRV and then they both fired at the building, but only using one handgun. No one was injured in this attack, but again police want to know who was behind it.
Speaker 3: Continuing on our run, now, let's head to Alabama. The governor there has commuted the sentence of a death row inmate who was just two days away from execution.
Speaker 1: Charles Sunny Burton was scheduled to die by nitrogen gas tomorrow. He had been on death row for thirty five years. For Get this a murder he did not himself commit. He was with five other men who robbed an auto store back in nineteen ninety one, and one of his accomplices shot and killed a customer.
Speaker 3: And again the I don't know the official name of this law, but it's known colloquially.
Speaker 2: As the felony murder or the hand of one.
Speaker 3: The hand of one is the law. But yes, if you were there or part of a crime that resulted in a death, you can still be charged with murder. Burton and the other part of the story Robes, not only did he not commit the murder, he wasn't physically inside the store when the murder happened he had already run out, but have commuted his sentence. The actual gunman was also sentenced to death, but his sentence was later commuted so worded it didn't make sense to a lot of people. Wise, the guy who didn't pull the trigger have a harsher sentence than the guy who actually did.
Speaker 1: So the governor corrected it, and he will now spend the rest of his days behind bars.
Speaker 3: All right, Next LEGABA run takes us two. The airport. It's a fun place these days. Yes, you've seen some of the coverage of security lines going out into parking lots, lines two, three, four, five hours long, and a lot of airports are warning people now. It used to be what we they'd say, get to the airport at our head. Then it went to two, Now it's three. Now they're saying, yeah, five, four or five hours. You need to get their ahead because TSA sick calls are going up and hundreds of TSA employees have left the agency since this current shutdown started nearly a month ago. A lot of this information now coming to us from CBS News that got its hand on an internal TSA memo.
Speaker 2: All right, so here's the deal.
Speaker 1: The TSA call out rate has been six percent during the shutdown. Some days it's been as high as nine percent. For some perspective, it's normally at two percent. But get this, at Houston's Hobby Airport, more than half of TSA workers called out sick on March eighth. Forty seven percent called out sick the following day.
Speaker 3: You remember those pictures. It was the worst. We didn't see these numbers at the time, but we saw the lines.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable because we're all used to seeing some long lines.
Speaker 2: I've never seen lines this long.
Speaker 3: And so that explains what was happening at Hobby Airport. Meanwhile, during this shutdown, some of the worst call out rates are happening at the airports. JFK is a number one twenty one percent call out rate. Can you imagine a fifth of your work staff calls out every day? How do you replace that? You can't really? Atlanta who nineteen percent? There, New Orleans fourteen percent call out rate. Also, they mentioned this is a higher rate of I guess people leaving the agency. Three hundred and five officers have left during this shutdown. Bro, that's a big deal. You can't just hire somebody tomorrow and they're on the job next week. Got you need months and months and month to get people up to speed.
Speaker 1: Correct that you need to be properly trained. This is very important work. This is security work to keep our skies safe, to prevent terror attacks.
Speaker 3: And if you can, folks, if you're traveling coming up anytime soon, you should always do this. But especially now, be kind to those TSA agents. I know sometimes they're barking at you and it doesn't feel good, but they're trying to move the line along sometimes. And now those folks you're looking at have not been paid a month. They missed a partial paycheck earlier in the shutdown. This week Friday, they will miss their first full paycheck.
Speaker 2: All right, next up on the run.
Speaker 1: In a very different twist, I guess this might just actually be adding I don't know, salt to the wound.
Speaker 2: The rich just keep getting richer.
Speaker 1: The annual Forbes list of richest people in the world is out, and it is proving that that old adage is in fact true.
Speaker 3: It's a real thing. It really is literally a real thing. Look the list. A lot of these names, yeah, the usual suspects. But what makes it exceptional is that this year's list set a record for the year number of billionaires there are in the world and for how much money they are all collectively worth. The record now four hundred and twenty eight billionaires in the world. That's up four hundred more than last year. What are they worth? Twenty point one trillion dollars? That is up for trillion dollars from last year. And hey, concrads, we are awesome here in a mint Merica. Fifteen out of the top twenty richest in the world are all American.
Speaker 1: Capitalism at its finest. Number one on the list, Elon Musk, and it's not even close. He's worth an estimated I can't even give my head around this. Eight hundred and thirty nine billion dollars. What is that? How do you manage that? How do you keep track of all of that?
Speaker 2: Well, that's about six hundred billion more the number two on the list, Larry Page, the Google co founder, his net worth listed around two hundred and sixty seven billion. The other Google co founder, Serrie Brinn, is on the list as well, followed by Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg. Trump, by the way, six hundred and forty five on the list, with six point five billion.
Speaker 3: Wow, As we said, the usual suspects on the list, and then you'll go into a bunch of Walton's. You know, the usual suspects on the list. Continue here. Now, folks that love shell feesh, you need to heal this. Hear this. FDA issuing an advisory for raw oysters and Manila clams, saying they could be contaminated with neurovirus EW.
Speaker 1: The advisory says restaurants and stores should not serve or sell the shellfish that was a tongue twister that were sold to various states. The recalled oysters were distributed in Washington State. Okay, so that's for the oysters. But the clams were shipped to Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Nevada, New York, Oregon, and Washington.
Speaker 2: Here's my favorite part end quote.
Speaker 1: May have been distributed to other states as well, so basically everywhere. I mean, how could you possibly know where your oysters are coming from?
Speaker 3: What are we supposed to do? How do we look out for these?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What are we supposed to do? You can't mark a clam.
Speaker 2: Especially when you read the next line.
Speaker 3: Okay, the FDA said, The contaminated showfish made look, smell, and taste just fine. It might even be delicious. So what do we know? Really? Where are where is the stuff? How do I should I not eat an oyster everywhere? Wait? But how do we get this out of the chain supply chain?
Speaker 2: Go online?
Speaker 1: Look?
Speaker 2: And what this is all coming? I mean, I don't know honestly.
Speaker 1: Look, I right now would probably not order oysters or clams.
Speaker 3: I just what is no virus? This is the one we always hear about on cruise ships.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the leading cause of food borne illness in the US. And look, I've had it once in my life. I will never forget it. I lost six pounds. Let's just put it like that in two days. Vomiting, cramping, diarrhea, nausea, fever, headaches, body aches.
Speaker 2: It's horrific.
Speaker 1: You aren't gonna die, probably, but you're gonna want to.
Speaker 3: You know. I've known some people go wow, I have a red carpet in a couple of days. This sounds like the perfect for me.
Speaker 1: There is a line from Mean Girls, the original says I'm one stomach flew away from my perfect dress size. It's horrific, But that actually has been said. It's completely not politically correct to say anything like that anymore.
Speaker 2: But that was a line from mean Girls.
Speaker 3: All right, well, folks, stay with us here on this Wednesday Morning Run. When we come back. Something happened last night in the NBA that we all should be celebrating, but for some reason, a lot of folks are finding a way to criticize it. We'll explain the Kobe Bryant record that fell and why so many people are upset. And you're looking for a job, we got one for you. It doesn't pay a whole lot in money, but it pays a whole lot in pizza. Continuing now on this Wednesday Morning Run, a big congratulations to the Miami Heat Center. Bam at a bio. He moved past Kobe Bryant last night on a list and that's a big deal. Bam out of Bio scored eighty three points in a game last night. Wow, that is the second most in NBA history. Now, even Robes, not being as big of a basketball fan or historian or whatever, most people realize who's has the all time record. That's Wilt Chamberlain, who scored one hundred points. Most people understand that as a record that's never going to be broken.
Speaker 1: Coby didn't know that, Kobe, you didn't know that Will scored one hundred.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just I have to be honest.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 2: I mean, I obviously know who Will Chamberlain is, but I didn't know that. No.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, sorry, folks have got a lot more work to do around this house than I thought. But yes, Wilt, all time record never gonna be touched. Kobe scored eighty one. Bam scored eighty three last night, second most yes in a game. But he set the record last night for the number of free throws attempted and made in a game, thirty six of forty three. So thirty six of his points came from the free throw line. And at the end of this game, the Washington Wizards and the Miami Heat were looked like they were in cahoots, essentially working together to file this guy, to get him to the line to get the record. A lot of people are they into. This game was comical, It was silly the way they were fought. The game was out of reach and silly fouls and it was it was It wasn't pretty, but hey, he got his eighty three and he will go down in history. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: But there's an asterisk.
Speaker 3: There won't be some of us will remember it, but he's a part of history and that record likely won't be touched. This guy is not a big score. He averages like twenty a game. He's a center. The most he's ever scored in a game is forty one. I think what so Yeah, it was just out of nowhere. But he's a dominant dude. He had a great game and then it just got silly in the end.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, well, congratulations to me.
Speaker 3: He deserves a He's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right, all right, next up on the run, and this is the final leg of our run in honor of the upcoming Pie Day.
Speaker 2: Did you know what that was?
Speaker 3: The number? Not pizza?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's p I Pie Day, March fourteenth, three fourteen, you get it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So clever of Pizza Hut to try.
Speaker 1: And basically take advantage of Pie Day by offering up a new position within its company.
Speaker 2: It's called hut crust connoisseur.
Speaker 3: Hut crust are yeah.
Speaker 2: Like pizza Hut hot crust. I was thinking for a crust core.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a real position where Pizza Hut will pay someone to eat pizza crust for an entire.
Speaker 3: Year for what though.
Speaker 1: So the official job description is this, the Hut Crust connoisseur becomes the official guardian of the hut Crust platform.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, but.
Speaker 1: Basically you'd be responsible for tasting and testing all new crust innovations.
Speaker 3: And then giving your opinion correct, so they would trust your opinion correct. You have some power correct. Okay, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I guess yes.
Speaker 1: And I also think what's cooled the annual salary. And you can probably guess why thirty one thousand, four hundred and fifteen and ninety two cents three.
Speaker 3: Point one four one five is all I remember from pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well those are the first seven digits of pie. And so that is why your salary is that What are you qualify? So they're just going to find out, probably if you're a really good reviewer, because to apply and how they're going to pick the person, you have to submit a review of their new hand tossed pizza. So I'm guessing if you're clever, if you've got something good, funny, interesting, maybe even constructive to say. Ok but www dot pizza hut crust dot com that's where you submit your review of the new hand tossed pizza.
Speaker 2: Good luck to everyone, because in.
Speaker 1: Addition to the paycheck, you're also going to get free pizza as much as you want for an entire time.
Speaker 3: As much as you want, as much as you want.
Speaker 2: Free pizza for an entire year.
Speaker 3: Is that one a day? There's got to be a cap I don't know. We have pizza part is that weekend.
Speaker 1: If you're the hot crust connoisseur, I bet you they'd say, knock yourself out.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely apply for this job. We might, we should apply, would or will? I think I might? But then we have to go taste the pizza. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: You don't eat pizza crust. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: We actually when we do eat pizza now, people, And even if I know we're running a race and I can have a little bit of carbs, I.
Speaker 2: Still don't eat the crust.
Speaker 3: We sound.
Speaker 2: I call them the bones. I leave the bones behind.
Speaker 3: Let this out later.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we ready for our quote of the day on this hope day. All right, here it is when you stop rehearsing old pain, your nervous system finally relaxes. When you stop predicting, predicting disaster, your body stops bracing for impact. Happiness isn't adding more to your life. It's subtracting mental weight you were never meant to carry.
Speaker 3: What was the second part about the damn? I'm not looking at it.
Speaker 2: It's right here, and it's interesting to me. Yes, because isn't that what we do.
Speaker 1: If you actually are honest with how your body physically reacts to stress, you are bracing for impact. That is an apt description of what happens to your body. So I'll say it one more time. I thought this was such good. When you stop rehearsing old pain, your nervous system finally relaxes. When you stop predicting disaster, your body stops bracing for impact. Happiness isn't adding more to your life. It's subtracting mental weight. You were never meant to care where this come from?
Speaker 2: Instagram?
Speaker 3: You didn't want to say where it came from.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite place to be inspired.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we always appreciate you running with us. I hope you found a little inspiration on this Wednesday here we always appreciate you on TJ Holmes.
Speaker 2: And I'm Amy Rovok. Thank you for running with us.