Speaker 1: Welcome back to Sauce on the Side. That's me. I'm the sauce at Baby Hot Sauce. Also Gandhi from the Elvis Durram Morning Show. I'm the co host, but I spin off and now I have my own podcast. So today we're going to talk to somebody that I think everyone knows, Lance Bass.
Speaker 2: I holy crap. That's all I can say is, holy crap. I can't believe you got Lance Bass on your podcast.
Speaker 1: Were you a big boy band fan?
Speaker 2: I was not. My sister was a Backshoe Boys fan, okay, but you know she still went to all the n SYNC concerts, so I think just you know, when you're someone's younger brother and you have an older sister, she would play so much boy band music there.
Speaker 1: So you know all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all of it unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Okay, but maybe we'll talk to him about all of that because I'm sure he probably got sick of all of it too. And now he's doing so much stuff on his own, and he's still always going to be linked to Lance Bass of in Sync formerly of in Sync, Like do we just stop? When do we stop calling him that?
Speaker 2: And he's done so much in his career, which is fast to me, like to your point, Yes, he is Lance Bass from n SYNC, but he's also Lance Pass the astronaut, Lance Bass, the restauranteur, Lance Bass the podcaster, podcaster. He's done so much for himself and it's so cool to see how he's made that a business.
Speaker 1: I feel like, should I ask himself about Britney Spears. Clearly that made answer uncomfortable. We're going for it, but I feel like he's he's here, Let's bring him in. He's awesome, Lance Bassy. So welcome Lance Bass. Which, Hello, Lance, how are you? I got a bio for you, as I know you know you guys send out the bios. Your title is the longest title I think I've ever seen. Lance Bass, musician, host, actor, producer, writer, entrepreneur, philanthropist and now daddy maybe daddy to others before you have children.
Speaker 3: I can get it.
Speaker 1: Well, that was a zaddy say, that is a long list of things you're doing a lot.
Speaker 3: I did not write that, by the way, so I don't do my own bios. But yeah, I mean I'm a busy boy.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're writing your own bio, what would it say?
Speaker 3: Uh, entertainer. Dad. Okay, they're gonna just covers everything that's happening in my life.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to my people. Thank you, thank You're welcome. All right, So you are doing a whole lot of things. Let's start with the big, big one everyone's talking about right now, Trolls band together.
Speaker 3: Oh. It's just exciting that we can actually talk about it now because I mean literally, when we started this project was back in April, and then the strike happened in June. We're like, wait, we can't even mention the movie or the song. So you know, it was disappointing for sure, but you know we were definitely you know, supporting the sack strike. But now that we can talk about it, it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know when we debuted the song, the response we got was outrageous. I mean, it was almost like a K pop boy band right now. It was crazy, just people being so excited, like.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, you know, it's we haven't recorded in twenty three years, so you know, the fans deaf. I think Taylor Swift kind of ignited this kind of craziness behind it, and a lot of people didn't even think that we were going to be releasing a song. Oh I didn't be because we you know, we couldn't talk about it, so I said. The VMA's were like, Hi, we're here for a reason, but we can't tell you. But then when we finally were able to release the song, I was just so happy to be able to hear a song on the radio again.
Speaker 1: What was that phone call?
Speaker 3: Like, it was literally I just landed in Nashville because I was about I was looking at how it was moving to Nashville and I get right out of the airport and justin calls He's like, hey, I want to get the band back together for this this Trolls movie. Like oh my god, like literally looking at a house to move. So I said, okay, yeah, I'll be there. So went back to LA and got right back in the studio.
Speaker 1: How long did it take start to finish.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, for the song, Yeah, like literally lesson a day and done. Yeah, we were I mean we were in the studio all day just because we were We revert to being sixteen years old and being stupid. But yeah, I mean it's like no day had passed. So, I mean we were exactly the same in the studio. Things go very quickly with us, and yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: So can I put to bed a rumor that people were tossing around?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's not bad. Okay.
Speaker 1: A lot of people were saying, oh, this just happened coincidentally, because now that this Brittany stuff is going on in Justin's catching bad price, they're trying to divert. But you're saying this started in April. Yeah, so obviously that's not the truth. Definitely not the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a movie like this and a soundtrack like this is definitely planned a long time before it comes out.
Speaker 1: You can't just pivot right into it.
Speaker 3: H Yeah. Yeah, so yes, I'm gonna have to put that rumor to rest.
Speaker 1: Thanks for doing that here, because we've been debating back and forth. I'm like, no way, it had to have happened way long before you. But I'm very excited for you. Guys. Did it feel good to be back together?
Speaker 3: It was great. You know. The thing is, we've all been so close, you know, the last twenty three years of not making music, So it wasn't weird to be like, oh, I wonder if we're going to get along. It's you know, we know, we get along. We all love each other and talk to each other weekly. So getting back in the studio, it is just it was just so natural. It just felt right.
Speaker 1: I know you've been asked this a million times, someone to do it again a million and one. Is there a chance that we're going to see you guys out doing something together in the future.
Speaker 3: There's definitely a chance. You know. I would not have said that a year ago, because for the last few years I'm kind of like, all right, guys, it's probably not gonna happen, all right, But now I do see a future. You know, we're we're finally discussing options and what this might look like. You know, all of us have such different lives right now, and we're so busy in our own you know, ventures, and of course justin you know, he's super busy soloist himself. So figuring out what that looks like and when we can do it is gonna, you know, take us a little while. But yeah, if I were a betting man, I would hope to I would say that we might be doing something in the future.
Speaker 1: Are you a betting man?
Speaker 3: I am a betting man. Well, I lived in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I love that you've lived everywhere. Vegas, We're else.
Speaker 3: Germany, Russia, Orlando, I'm all over the place.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about your time in Russia because you were there for a very specific reason. Yes, you're training to go into outer space.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, what happened.
Speaker 3: It's it's a very interesting story. When Hollywood gets involved with a with space exploration, it is just it's a little different, a.
Speaker 1: Little terrifying, to be honest. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I went over to Russia really with CBS because I was going to be hosting one a game show for them where the winner goes to space, and that was right after Dennis Tito went the first you know, space tours, and they're like, okay, well the host needs to have gone to space, so it's even more exciting. So they put me into training to be the youngest person to ever go to space. But then halfway through the deal fell through with Russia and Hollywood, and then MTV took it over for a documentary and then MTV forgot to take insurance out on the production, and without insurance, you can't air it or have the production. But then people don't. They don't ensure astronauts, so I wonder why. Yeah, so a week before my launch, I had already finished training and everything, and I was about to go to Baikonora where we launch. And a week before my launch, my mission was scrapped.
Speaker 1: Were you disappointed or were you no?
Speaker 3: I was. My mom was happy, Yeah, I bet, but of course I was disappointed. I did so many mock missions. I felt like, you know, I'd done it, but you know, I wanted to go to the ISS. I wanted to, you know, stay there for ten days and do my experiments that I've been working on for months. And uh, you know my closers on the SS right now, you know it went up before me. And really yeah, a friend of mine who's an astronaut found my jumpsuit. He reached my name tag off and floated it in front of Earth. He's like, look what I found.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is training like to go out into outer space? I'm asking this because that has been one of my dreams forever. But apparently I'm too short to be able to do this.
Speaker 3: No, no, not tumore be too tall. Yeah, like I was too tall. Actually, it's all about your torso, and my torso was too long, so they made me wear the suit that kind of shrink.
Speaker 1: Shoot you to go in like a hunchback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're kind of a hunchback because in space you grow, so you can create taller.
Speaker 1: So what's the training, like, what do you do?
Speaker 3: It is intense, I mean, one, you have to it's all in Russian, which is fun.
Speaker 1: You speak a little Russian.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, sounded right to me. So most of it is, uh is training for emergencies. Like emergency training is like you're number one, but you have to know every makeup of the soyas the rocket, every nutting you know, I mean, all the oxygen because I was in charge of oxygen on the spacecraft.
Speaker 1: My god, no big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know you have to know how to calculate how much air you have in certain situations. But again it's like, oh, if this emergency happens here, what do you do? Okay, at ten minutes and thirty seconds, if this emergency happens, what do you do here? So it's just constantly like okay, just survival.
Speaker 1: Training that sounds intense and very stressful and like something I would still have wild dreams about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a little PTSD from training.
Speaker 1: I bet do you still want to go?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 1: Now that there's all this you know, space tourism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've been asked to go with all these you know, different companies that are doing great. I'm so glad that we're privatizing space because it's gonna you know, it's gonna leap us forward, because if we rely on the government, it's not gonna happen so much red tape. But you know, I I've been asked to go many times, but I don't really care to go up and come back down. I really want to go live on you know, International Space Station, do my experiments and you know, use my my cosmonaut degree.
Speaker 1: What are the odds of that actually happening? Do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean it, I mean it could happen. You know, it's getting easier every day, obviously, when all these billionaires stop going and it becomes more affordable for people to send me up. I think it would be great, but it'll be it would have to be a you know, a medical company or someone like that that actually chooses an astronaut to go and do their experiments for them. So hopefully one day, Pfizer, if you're listening, you can send me up to the ISS and I will finish your experiments excellent.
Speaker 1: Now do you feel the same way about deep sea tourism, the you know, the submersibles that go away down there.
Speaker 3: And that look I don't have. I mean, I would love to do it just because I think it would be fun. But it's definitely not high on my bucket lists. You know. I think it'll get a little less dangerous. Uh, the more that we you know, we attempt.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 3: But I think, yeah, to be able to see you know, the remaining Titanic, you know, uh, in person, I think it's just it's a fun thing to say, like, yeah, I saw that at the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 1: I would love to do deep sea just because I'm convinced that there's stuff down there that none of us have ever seen before. We know that, you know, Like I know there are aliens in outer space, but there are definitely aliens in that water that we've never seen. There's something happening.
Speaker 3: It's insane how much of the ocean we have not touched. It is bizarre and it's scary because we can't we can't get down to certain places, So like, what is there? What is that?
Speaker 1: Because it can't be nothing there cannot be nothing down there.
Speaker 3: Definitely something down there, Definitely something something is brewing.
Speaker 1: I feel like exact same way, so you know, the stuff they don't teach you in science class. They teach you just about the ocean and the parts that you get, the light and all of that, and then you grow up and you learn all of these things about animals that don't need that light to survive. They don't need any type of oxygen. They survive on sulfur fumes, and they move in this completely different way. And I just think, how can we think about anything else besides what the hell is down there? That's all I want to know. So I know, yeah, if it happens.
Speaker 3: That evolution, I mean, it all came from the ocean. So it's like our ancestors are deep down in there.
Speaker 1: Is there a lost city of Atlantis? Like there's something down.
Speaker 3: There there amazing.
Speaker 1: I'd love to find.
Speaker 3: One day, we might discover a time capsule down there that're like, oh, yeah, from two billion years ago. Then you know, an asteroid came and destroyed the Earth. But it was like this advanced civilization where we had flying cars and everything two billion years ago, but then an asteroid destroys the earth and then we have to start over again.
Speaker 1: See, these are the conversations I like to have because it's like a smoke, one eat, a mush and whatever it is, expand your mind and think about all of these different things. We were talking to Neil de grass Tyson not too long ago, and he talked about the fact that, you know, we talk about time travel in space, you know, in light years, and how far away that actually is and how could we ever get there? You can't with the life span of a human being. But if there were a generational ship that people just kept having babies and it kept going on, then maybe one day we would actually be able to discover all these things light years away. And then he blew my mind with what if Earth is that generational ship and we are traveling through space and time and we are the ones that are trying to find all these other things out there. And that's all I can think about now too.
Speaker 3: And it's true, he's dead on we are that civilization that is going to figure it out. I just I feel like we're still a little too conservative in our you know, and trying to reach what we need to reach. But yeah, I mean I think it's very important. Who knows how long? I mean, obviously Earth is finite. We won't be here forever as humans, so we do need to start thinking about like how are we going to get somewhere else and building those the huge internationals base stations of you know, civilization where yes, everyone's having babies, and it's just it's a floating earth, you know, or we are we are floating. Hasn't been like another you know, uh, you know where you can actually like choose your own course in space. It's Star Trek and I think it's incredible. But that's obviously where we're going to have to go, and that's what I think we're making those baby steps now.
Speaker 1: I just find it all so fascinating and I love that you are part of this and that you know what the training is like and in an emergency situation, lance Pass is going to be able to fix our oxygen and get.
Speaker 3: Us all the oxygen. I got you covered wild.
Speaker 1: So of all the guys in n Sync, it seems like you are the one well former would I what I say formally not anymore now because yeah you're back right.
Speaker 3: Okay, no more former en Sync member.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure we get it right. So of all of the guys, you seem to have done the most, like the most diverse stuff with your life since then, what's the transition been like going from boy bander, massively famous to now venturing out? Not now, but you know, at one point venturing out on your own.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, it's scary, you know, because you're known so much for being one thing. And even today, I'm forty four years old, and people, you know, if I go into you know, a casting or something like, ah, you know, we like you, but like we still see us that eighteen year old in sync guy. You know, it's hard to get past what people know you for. Do you no, it does it? It used to, especially like twenty years ago when I was trying to figure out, like, okay, where do I parlay into it? Because I didn't like the music industry anymore. I love television, film, and I love writing and producing, but I also love acting and being in front of the camera. But it was hard to see like where I belonged in the business. So it took me a while to figure out what made me happy what everyone else was happy with. But I have so many interests that I I'm kind of all over the place. If it's space, if it's you know, TV, you know whatever, owning restaurants and clubs. I'm kind of all over the place. I'm very I am mister add.
Speaker 1: That seems to work out well for you though. Yeah, So at this point when you think about what it is that makes you happy, what.
Speaker 3: Is that right now? My kids?
Speaker 1: How old are they?
Speaker 3: They're too just turned two in October. And it really has been the best thing ever. You know, I've loved my life, but I was so selfish, you know, it's just all about me forever. But now it's not about me anymore. And I love that.
Speaker 1: Social media is insane. It has changed, as you know, the face of everything. When you look back, are you happy or sad that it wasn't around the way it is now when you guys were just on top of the world.
Speaker 3: I am fifty to fifty with social media. The reason that I'm glad we didn't have it is because we were just dumb teenagers and we would have been canceled in two seconds. I mean, Joey would have said something that would have just Joey's the one. He has no filter. Okay, so that you know, and and of course the camera phone where you know, if you're at a bar, you know, and you're having a good time again at like nineteen twenty years old, oh yeah, and you know, people were taking pictures and videos of you. Again that could have gotten you canceled. But on the other hand, it would have been nice to be able to get to your fans immediately. It was so tiring for us because you'd have to go to every single market just for people to know you had a song and to get on the radio right now you just kind of go, oh, I have a song out today. Boop. It would have given us a little more sleep if we had social media, definitely.
Speaker 1: But I also think that social media and that exact aspect of it that you're talking about, has made things so much more disposable because it's just it's there and then it's gone, and it's onto the next one to the.
Speaker 3: Next one's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just constantly, you know, somebody has this giant moment and then all of a sudden, that moment is just trumped by somebody else's, you know, puking at a football game or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is, and it's and everyone is so segmented now so it's, uh, you know, everyone, there's so many platforms. So if you're a fan of this, you know, indie band over here, this group over here, won't even know they exist, right, because it's all just on the platforms you look at, and the art just really just tailor it to those fans, which in a way is a good thing. But there's no you know, back in our day, you were told what to kind of like, I mean, trl like, these are the ten songs you have to like.
Speaker 1: This week because everyone else like them, from like Corn.
Speaker 3: To Destiney's Child. Like Okay, I guess I like hard rock and I like Destiny's Child and pop yes, perfect. But you know you were kind of like forced, like this is all you get.
Speaker 1: It's fascinating the way that it works, and you see, you know, like somebody blows up on TikTok and all of a sudden, the record label's here trying to push it, and I'm like, really, this is interesting, and I get it because there are so many jillions of people that are watching it and consuming it. But I don't know which way was better. But I'm glad that you guys didn't have to deal with all of the cameras. Well, you did have the cameras in your faces constantly, yeah, but not the oh my god, I just made a mistake at a bar and now it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then that's why I think this young generation doesn't even they don't go out that much, you know, to bars. I mean, that's what I'm seeing. Uh, And I think it's because they're just like I don't. I don't even want to tempt anyone to take a picture of me or a video of me just having fun or when some stupid we you know, growing up, you're supposed to do stupid stuff, you know, and you're not supposed to be canceled for it.
Speaker 1: Any stupid stuff that you now can talk about that you did when you were younger that you're like, oh, hell yeah, I'm so glad that wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I mean, nothing crazy. I mean, we didn't have time to get into too much trouble. But you know, we we loved going to the club. We loved to getting on the dance floor, and I loved my Jack Daniels so back in the day. I mean, because I'm from Mississippi, so you know, you start early. Uh, so you know, my drink of choice was Jack. But it was weird because it made me very emotional. And this is why I'm so glad there's no social media, you know. So you were ein gonna. I was either gonna like cry, kiss you or punch you. There was like no cancelable, yeah, all very cancelable. So I stopped that, you know, very quick. I'm like, okay that this is not this is not good. But yeah, so yeah, there were many nights where you would you would either see me like just very sad or picking a fight with someone.
Speaker 1: That is what sorority girls are still like today. You're a trailblazer, all right. Well, you also have your own podcast, speaking of Things in the nineties that is really about throwbacks. How's that going.
Speaker 3: It's been so fun. You know, we've been doing it for almost a year now, and you know, iHeart came to me and said, hey, we really want to do because I've been doing radio and podcasts for twenty years now, and like, we really want you to bring back a podcast, you know, dealing with boy band members and really catching up with all those like individually, all these members. I'm like, well, that's interesting because I love a good just deep in depth interview. So and I was like, man, I've always wanted to use the title Frosted Tips because I think that's just just just a genius title.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So we did that and started just interviewing all these individual members of all these iconic groups, and it's been so fun hearing their stories, hearing the similarities between everyone. I mean, everyone has such similar stories. One everyone's been screwed by their manager, and not in the fun way. It's just uh so, I mean it's it's all we all kind of grow together, and we've now created this family.
Speaker 1: So all those boy bands who were the craziest.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's some crazy ones out there. I mean we were we were pretty insane because we had Chris Kirkpatrick. Uh you know, he was the crazy one. But I see, but the ones that really partied that I remember was that group five.
Speaker 1: Fine ye oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Slam Dunk the Funk or Baby Wind.
Speaker 1: The Lights good well, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, but they're you know, they were British, so you know, they they knew how to drink. They were way better drinkers than we were. I love that.
Speaker 1: So you're having a good time with the podcast yeah, and being a dad and just life in general. Things are good.
Speaker 3: Life is good, Life is really good. And you know, the little bonus of all this instinct stuff happening this year, which I had no idea was gonna happen. I had no idea twenty twenty three was gonna be this special that it has been incredible.
Speaker 1: So again, it was not a conspiracy to divert from all the things happening with Britney Spears and Justine Tiberlake. Definitely it was planned ahead of time. Has that that whole thing been wild for you to watch? Do you have so much you want to say?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I mean I have a lot to say, of course, but you know, I've learned not to say anything because you can't. You can't explain to people what really is happening.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, yes, I'm on the inside, like Brittany's my cousin, Like we we talk, you know, we're friends, So so I know I know what's going on, and and I think that the public has a lot of it wrong, a lot of it wrong. But no one can explain that, and no one's going to listen to it either, So peoplere gonna believe what they want to believe. But you know, I I love her and I support everything that you know she does because you know she's been.
Speaker 4: Through a lot.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and yeah she will she will always be my girl.
Speaker 1: We talk about what a double edged sword that parasocial relationship is all the time, where if you're doing your job the right way, people feel like they know you and that they have a say in your life and everything that they do that you do. But at the same time, people think they know you and they have a say and everything that's true.
Speaker 3: And I mean my whole career. I mean, anything I read about myself, it's never one hundred percent trough right, you know. Sometimes they're like, well they got eighty percent of that, and then sometimes like none of that is true at all. But if it's written, it's believed. That's you know, and especially headlines. I mean, you read any headline and it is completely not what is actually in the story, which I think should be illegal.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we have to figure this.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's great so I can people get you know, this kind of mob mentality of it's like, oh, what the rock hates this person? No, he didn't say that. It was a quote in a movie that he said, like, oh, but now now the rock is canceled, So yeah, it's a what do they always say, It's like believe half of what you see and none of what you read or something like that.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, and it is true.
Speaker 1: You have something next on the horizon.
Speaker 3: A lot well now, I mean COVID and the strike definitely delayed so many of my projects, but they're now finally back on track. So we have lots of great film and television coming out next year, which I'm super excited about. One which is really great. This is my favorite that we're about to start filming next year called Sketch, and it's I'm a horror freak, like that's my genre. Love horror film, he said, horror. Horror, by the way, horror. Yes, my Southern accent comes out a little bit, but it's it's the first time there's ever gonna be it's kind of it has that Roger Rabbit feel where it's half animation and half you know, real, but it is a horror film and the lead, the serial killer lead character is a cartoon so to be the first time you see cartoons just slashing people up.
Speaker 1: This is thrilling and my co host Danielle is going to be all about this because I think those are her two favorite things just put together, So that will be wonderful. I can't wait to see that. Are you gonna come back and talk to us about it when it's ready to go?
Speaker 3: To believe it's perfect? And my Hulu show, which you're going to love to what's the Hulu show?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, can't say the name of it. Yeah, but it's about the life of Loup Roman. Uh So anyone that watched my documentary will know who Lou Proman is. And because of that doc Wholu wanted to do a serious a series on it and it is incredible. And the person playing Luke Proman is just genius, absolute genius. So I see Emmys and Golden Globes coming for him like no other.
Speaker 1: Okay, So on that note, and then I promise I will let you go. When you see boy banders coming up now, or you see you know, like the K pop groups, do you look at them and just think I have so much I want to tell you so much wisdom to impart. Do you ever reach out to them, like, hey, just a heads up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't reach out, but when I do run into the And this started back when Otown came around, because when Otown, you know started, we had just gone through a crazy lawsuit with Loup p Roman and all I wanted to do was just like get to them because again there was before texting, so you couldn't really text it actually person. So you know, I did sit them down and tell them like all the warnings you know that I saw. I have not been able to talk to any of the you know, K pop groups or anything like that. I hope that they're they have good deals. I doubt it, but yeah, but I'm hoping they got more protected than we did. But I feel like a big brother to all those groups out there, and and I am because of that and to kind of rectify what Lou Prolman did to us and Backstreet and other people. I'm producing a show next year where we're developing the next great American boy band, because one I want to give the gift of like a great deal and you know, and like they they own their own, you know, their music, and they control their own you know destiny. Uh So we're doing the show with some iconic boy band members of trying to create the next great American boy band, because let's face it, America doesn't have a boy band right now. That is, you know, doing the BTS thing. It was always England versus America, right everyone would take the crown, take that hazard. Backstreet has it, But now K Pop has the crown, and they've had it for a long time, so we have to get that crown back. So I'm going to develop this band so we can kick some button next year.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it's gonna be a good time, and hopefully we'll see a lot of you, because you're gonna come back and talk about all these.
Speaker 3: Things every time I'm back in New York.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Thank you, and I really appreciate you taking some time to hang out with me today. I just think you're fascinating and wonderful and I hope that you kick all the ass. So Lance was pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Space Slance Fast in Space.
Speaker 1: He seems like one of those people that you could truly smoke a joint with or like pop a couple of mushrooms and just have a really interesting conversation. He doesn't take himself really seriously, and he seems open to just like, yeah, let's talk about stuff.
Speaker 5: I did not know he had such a thick Mississippi accent, like.
Speaker 1: I saying horror films.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like horror films.
Speaker 1: That's born up, sir.
Speaker 5: I never knew he had such like a thick accent until now. He is fascinating.
Speaker 1: He wasn't ever super talkative. I guess back then, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess you have yours and your JT's not your LB's.
Speaker 1: And according to him, Chris was the crazy one. I know, Joey was the one that would have gotten them canceled. I appreciate all of that information. Same, Who do you think on our show would get canceled?
Speaker 5: First, I'm gonna know what's scary.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna know what Scotty?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I forgot Scotty was choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely Scotty, for sure. Scotty first. AnyWho, back to what we were talking about. So we decided we were going to start a little segment called burn book. All right, so shall we talk about Do you see Scotty behind you? Oh my god, what is he doing? Are we recording? Yeah? You want to come in here? Oh he's yelling through a soundproof room. What a dope, Scotty bee everybody.
Speaker 2: Alright, he could join us for the burn Book? Yes, why not?
Speaker 1: Come on in, Scotty, we are you want to be part of the podcast? Yeah, well no, not that one. That mic never works. Why don't you sit right there at the tip. Hold on, let me go on the board and turn this on.
Speaker 2: So Scotty Gandhi on her podcast has a segment called the burn Book.
Speaker 4: Yes, I heard all about it.
Speaker 2: If you're not on Mike yet because the MIC's not on, yeah, learn about radio or podcasting.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've heard all about it. Anyway, I listened to the podcast. I enjoyed it great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're gonna do the burn Book man.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, do you have anything that's currently pissing you off? Because these are always great. You never know what's going on with Scotty.
Speaker 4: The only thing I have this pissing me off right now is all you guys that I work with. Why that you're just trying to deter me from doing anything in my world?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's talk about that. So we're in your burn book. We're we're in my burn Book. I'll let Scotty be a guest editor today. Okay, why are we pissing you off? Scott?
Speaker 4: Because every time I like a girl, you guys are like, Nope, not good enough for you, Nope, we don't like her, Nope, don't text her, Nope, Stop being so desperate? Nope. Like, why can't I do that?
Speaker 1: How you hear our voices in your head?
Speaker 4: That's how I hear it, Andrew?
Speaker 1: Do you think any of us sound like that when we're talking to him?
Speaker 2: No? I do you think maybe you're I can't even use the term because I know you hate the terms. But do you think maybe you're love bombing a little bit?
Speaker 4: Is that some therapy? Bullshit? I don't want to hear these words.
Speaker 1: And it's not bullshit. That's a real thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, why because someone got paid to say it? Please, here we go.
Speaker 1: I reject therapy. I reject hell, but I don't reject it.
Speaker 4: I talked to it. Dude. You saw he canceled on me today, but it's canceled on you. Yeah, he's got Jerry duty.
Speaker 1: Scott's walking on thin ice.
Speaker 4: No, but I just please. They make up these words and people are like, yeah, gas lighting, it's please, that never was.
Speaker 1: That's real. Gaslighting is a real.
Speaker 4: It's never a thing until therapy.
Speaker 1: I think I think people use the term gas lighting when they shouldn't be using it. But I think it also is a really real thing. I know. I mean if you are arguing with someone, like, say you and I are arguing and I call you a fucker and you're like, oh my god, it really hurt. You just called me a fucker, and I'm sitting there saying, no, I didn't, that never happened. That is absolutely gasling.
Speaker 4: Didn't you say you're a liar? Why do you got to use a dumb word?
Speaker 1: You can say you're a liar.
Speaker 4: I like that better, but it's the same.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He hates synonyms, hates burn book synonyms, therapy speak.
Speaker 1: I was trying to help him, all of us.
Speaker 4: No, you guys are not trying to help me. You're just trying to get in my head and deter me from things that you don't want me to do.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is they're trying to sabotage you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I remember when I wanted to get that girl flowers and you're like, no, don't get her flowers. She'll think you're coming on too strong and she'll run away. I didn't get her flowers.
Speaker 1: She ran away anyway for a completely different reason.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what was the reason.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about this?
Speaker 2: This is what he does. I know.
Speaker 1: Dies what an audio dictys. No, just you guys really fucked up my life, and I want to talk about how much I hate you for fucking up my life, but I won't talk about it.
Speaker 2: Look, you're the girl with the cast.
Speaker 1: Tell him about the girl in the cast.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about it. No, no, no, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: One of Andrew's biggest pet peas that I'm sure he would like to put in the burn book is that he hates when people post from a hospital and have like a hospital bracelet or a cast and they're like, send me thoughts and prayers. I'm not ready to talk about this yet. Well then why the fuck are you posting it?
Speaker 4: Why can I tell you the picture of me in the hospital bed that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the tummy ache, noche.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't give me an IV if it was just a tummy ache.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, they give you ivs immediately for like everything. You must be dehydrated stick them.
Speaker 2: Yeah not Scott though, No. I was My favorite was the caption underneath it, But you feel savvy now you do.
Speaker 4: I was having a heart attack a group picture you.
Speaker 1: Sent to all of us, wasn't it? Or was like you me and Josh because he said that we physically assaulted him or some shit to.
Speaker 2: The hospital so many times I've lost count. So it's whatever.
Speaker 1: This is getting so far off track, I love it. Can we talk about all of the reasons that you think people have done horrible things to you? Like you think I destroyed your optic nerve?
Speaker 4: Yes, you guys mess with me constantly.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, what did I do to fuck up your whole optic nerve?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: First of all, you guys scare me. And when you scare me, I jerk. And when I jerk sometimes I get my neck thrown out. My back hurts. You guys do things that physically harm me when you scare me.
Speaker 2: So dainty.
Speaker 1: You are the one that throws projectiles at people. So if anywhere right, I've gotten a pen launched at me. You broke an entire Mac computer not a purpose.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely to grab and pull.
Speaker 1: He threw a sandwich that nearly hit Elvis's head the other day.
Speaker 4: By the way, Can I just can I interject real quick, yeah, because I was. I just was sitting on the toilet and I was going through Instagram and I noticed that you liked something. I wonder if that's why it popped up on my thing because I don't follow it. Is it the compilation of the guy scaring the shit out of his wife for like ten years. First of all, the part I like about the best is she peas in her pants all the time. I think that's very funny.
Speaker 1: And her face.
Speaker 4: You can destroy someone's day. But you guys have all of this on me. Why don't you put a compilation together? Like you'll get a million views on it. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I love that we're in his burm book because of all the harm we do to him. And then in the same breath he's like, I hope you don't make a video about it.
Speaker 4: No, I said, you should know it. Botherows that it bothers the hell out of me, but you know what, you have it, you might as well use it.
Speaker 2: That is the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: Don't post it, please, you should be bucks. That's my favorite idiots.
Speaker 2: Don't post it.
Speaker 1: Oh, while we have you in this note, Andrew, will you do your impression of Scotty whenever I'll this is around. Oh wait, wait, I have to give this a little background. We've talked about it before on the fifteen Minute Morning Show. But Scotty has the ability to deep throat a banana with zero gag reflex. We're not sure where it came from.
Speaker 4: I don't you discovered it. I don't either, but I know you can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's trying to teach us all how to do it, which is a totally different story. And he waits for Elvis to look at him and then deep shit out of the banana. And Andrew's impression of him doing it is look over. This is a nice long bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, it would be hilarious. Although I don't choke, so that is not me.
Speaker 1: Posty, don't tag me. This is getting so fun. I'm glad the serial killers are in here trying to serial kill each other. This is great.
Speaker 2: By the time this is launch, we could say we were award nominated podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, when do you find out if you win?
Speaker 4: So Andrew to go to Austin and because that's where the award shows.
Speaker 1: So exciting guys.
Speaker 2: Live stream and so you'll be able to watch us on the live stream.
Speaker 4: I really think that it should just be a big party and a lot of people should come. We should make it a weekend in Austin. It'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: I will absolutely go and support you guys.
Speaker 2: He says this, and then he'd be like, Okay, Scottye, I played this party. And he'd be like, no, no, no, we shouldn't.
Speaker 4: We never said a free party.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't. We shouldn't charge people.
Speaker 4: To try to make it a Serial Killers meet up, because that's not what this is about. You gotta charge people to come see us as just be a meet up and hang out. Come hang out at the bar, let's drink. I didn't even think of that, and I think that's that's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: This is turning into so much more than I ever hoped. And I would like to maybe just do an episode with the two of you. I told you what I want to do, right. I want to know not everybody. I want to do podcast episodes with the people on the show who don't have a specified segment, because I think that the listeners don't know them as well. But those are some of my favorite people. I mean, it's Andrew Diamond, you, Josh Deanna, I would like to sit down and do an episode of a podcast with you. Would you do that?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? I would, because you dragged crazy out of me.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 4: I'm not normally this nuts. I just like you know, you people around here suck it out, all of you, all all of you like I'm a pretty down to earth regular dude that I'm not that gaslight. I'm not that much of a lunatic, you know. But you guys, it's like.
Speaker 2: No, because lunatics don't take pictures from their hospital beds and say, hope you don't regret this.
Speaker 4: By flicking the back of my neck, that's right, you hit me hard in the back of the next Some times my hands are so small and felt the vibrations go into my eyes.
Speaker 1: Just like every time we eat breakfast, this man talks about how he's going to shut himself immediately every breakfast, it doesn't matter what it is. He takes a bite, he's like, oh.
Speaker 4: That's I'm being gasolt now, because I've never said that. I remember saying, oh, I'm going to ship after I eat these eggs. I've never said that my time is five am.
Speaker 2: Food that is false in every food the bread is.
Speaker 4: It's gross, but it doesn't mean I'm to shit immediately. Turkey, what are you talking about you?
Speaker 1: We're talking about you.
Speaker 4: That is not true at all, and you don't listening. Hey, ready for a defamation suit because not paint me in that light? That is not true. First of all, there are these cameras on are no good? That's not truly good?
Speaker 2: Because don't make me laugh.
Speaker 1: I'm congested, I'll choke. Yeah, go ahead. Wait are you ready for a defamation suit? Go on, Brittany?
Speaker 2: No, wait, so question. Yeah. So Scotty is putting all of us in his burn book? Is our burn book or your burn book? Putting Scotty in yours?
Speaker 4: What have I done to you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Honestly, Scotty really doesn't piss me off. He makes me laugh. I don't want to burn him. I just I enjoy his company. I have a really good time with him. I feel like I'm pretty close to him off the air, and I don't want to burn him.
Speaker 5: Stop it so close, you're going to.
Speaker 1: Start to shoot against Scotty.
Speaker 4: I didn't start it.
Speaker 1: Who started it? Where did this come? Well? This maybe this is something we should get to. On the episode of Scotty.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are.
Speaker 1: Rumors disgusting, so we're in your burn book sometimes because we're trying to destroy your personal life.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is that way off try love. I love nothing more than coming to work every day and seeing all you people and hanging out with you and interacting with you because I love all of you. I truly do. But sometimes your assholes and you just try to ruin everything for me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin anything for you. I want you to be really happy and enjoy the shit out of your life. I feel like you're hitting your renaissance era right now, and now's the time for you just to date around and go outside and play and have a really good time.
Speaker 4: You should all encourage me and not be like m I don't know.
Speaker 1: About your chack wife up every person.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm not. That is not true.
Speaker 1: Yes you are not. I'm editing the shit out of this.
Speaker 4: No you're not.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will.
Speaker 4: I think I'm editing it anyway, right, No, I edit my own.
Speaker 1: Tell them I edit my own. She edits her own, okay, moron, But I don't want you to. I don't want you to go down a path where you just fight because you haven't been dating for how long?
Speaker 4: A couple of months?
Speaker 1: No? I mean like in your life, there's.
Speaker 4: Twenty plus years.
Speaker 1: Twenty plus years. Yeah, things are different, very you're different. Yes, you don't want to just settle.
Speaker 4: Apparently I'm not different. I'm the same.
Speaker 1: You're not the same. You are the same person that you were twenty years ago. And you need to sit down and do some reevaluation. Okay, I hope you've grown and matured.
Speaker 4: I have not matured. Why why? First of all, why does anybody need to mature? Once you're eighteen, You're done maturing.
Speaker 2: That's the dumbest statement I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: What do I need to mature? Why can I be just an immature dope like I was when I was twenty two? Who cares?
Speaker 2: So you're saying you want no personal growth at all in your life ever whatsoever? So like having a kid didn't make you mature at all.
Speaker 4: A little bit. But I still love a dick joke just like the next guy.
Speaker 2: Jokes are very different though. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm not like you know, I'm not like blowing up tomato sauce with m eights anymore like I used to when I was a teenager. I've been so I've been.
Speaker 1: So hard to Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blow up eighties you know, tomato cans. Let me just have them to skateboard see later.
Speaker 4: So I've matured in that aspect, But I mean as far as like having fun and thinking things are dopey and stupid, like why can't I? Why can't I like laugh and dumb shit?
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone cares if you laugh at don't we all laugh at?
Speaker 4: In what way am I supposed to mature? Yeah? I'm a dad and I take care of my girls, you know.
Speaker 1: But so I would say a sign of maturity is like you won't let somebody treat you badly just because you're dating them, and you don't think that there's someone else out there that would treat you better.
Speaker 4: I've never well, really worms, Okay, I'll blow it up with if you open it.
Speaker 1: Full circle, full circle. I think that's maturing. I think not putting up with ship that used to put up with when you were younger and you didn't know better as maturing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so I have matured in some ways, but in like dopey guyways, I'm still a dope guy. Why can I be.
Speaker 1: Nobody's saying you can't be. You're the one interpreting this so weirdly? Is this what your podcast is like?
Speaker 2: With him? Literally, I want to like bang my head up against the wall because he makes these declared statements like I hate maturing, maturing lame. And you're like, but dude, you have a whole kid, you have a mortgage, you have all this stuff going on, like you have matured.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, that's different.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, what well the two like you are a mature adult. You have done a lot too mature. The things you've gone through in your life have made you the person you are today. Acknowledge that. That's called maturing, that's called growth. There are negative parts to growing. Maybe there are some aspects that are holding you back, but you recognize that by maturing and growing out of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I suppose I have matured, but I don't have to change things. I don't tell you you have to change.
Speaker 1: No, we're just saying you're not the same person at whatever age you are now, like sixty two, sixty.
Speaker 4: Three, shut up, person of all and I'm not going to be the same person tomorrow. Everybody's you know, right, But that's all.
Speaker 1: We were saying. That's all I was saying. Anyway, back to the burn book. Back to the burn book. So if I see you doing something that I'm like, ooh, I'm trying to help you, Scott. This person might not be in your best interest.
Speaker 4: How do you How do you know?
Speaker 1: Because of what you've told me. I'm only going based on what you tell me.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, I take everything in, but I'm not necessarily going to follow everyone.
Speaker 1: To don't listen to any of us. Do what you want to do.
Speaker 4: But the problem is that you guys are always in my head. And that's that's something that I need to figure out how to get rid of.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's called and hear me out on this one. H maturing and realizing you don't listen to what other people think.
Speaker 4: That that has nothing to do with maturing.
Speaker 2: Okay, why see, You're you're not gonna win. This is like an unwinnable situation with him.
Speaker 1: I don't want to win. I don't feel like we are adversaries. I think we're all on the same team.
Speaker 4: Listen, everybody has everybody has their thing, and when I'm nervous or whatnot, I just think of you guys being like I said, I always think of you going and just laughing at me, and Andrew's yelling at me or doing something and all. This is like really and like everyone's in my head just like saying things that it really kind of ruins the mood for me at times.
Speaker 1: I find that very funny. I think of you guys never in these situations. Yeah, like not one time ever.
Speaker 4: I have no choice.
Speaker 1: This is you know, you have no choice. Okay, but maybe somebody would say, like Andrew said, maturing would be ignoring us, leave us at work. Leaving us at work.
Speaker 4: I'll get right on it, no problem, just make yourself the switch done.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean I would use some therapy terms, but it seems like that's triggering.
Speaker 1: He rejects therapy. But which terms were you gonna use?
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't reject therapy, I reject stupid words that they come up with. So everyone, yeah, we're in this together.
Speaker 1: Because there were vocabulary, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could all do therapy speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Andrew, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? My therapist never uses dumb therapy speak. Ever, he doesn't say these stupid words that are made of.
Speaker 2: Just ride around the skate park all day. That's right, just talk about nineties terms before this therapy bullshit came in.
Speaker 4: Go on.
Speaker 2: All I'm thinking is you just need to block some things out.
Speaker 4: But you know what, everything that you guys are saying is easier said than done. Okay, maybe that's something I need to learn to do. I don't know. I don't know. I get into these situations and I get incredibly nervous.
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously, do you want to talk about specifically what happens to you or is that not something you would like to divl.
Speaker 4: I get nervous stomach and nervous situations to save this for his episode? What?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is his episode?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: It's been going on long enough that this is your episode, Scotty.
Speaker 4: When I'm in uh situations, I get nervous stomach, like I'm not right now because I'm very comfortable with you guys. See, I'm fine, right, you know, but there are times where I'm like, you know, and then I just feel like I got a poop, And whether I do or I don't, the feeling's there and it's ruined everything for me. You know.
Speaker 1: Andrew is trying so hard not to laugh at you.
Speaker 4: You could laugh all day. I don't care, you know what, It's a normal thing. I can't be the only one that gets nervous in situations and feels like I have to take a dump.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Told you I conest it, but you're gonna make me coughing when I get nervous stomach.
Speaker 4: I have to Why do I have it all of a sudden because I just.
Speaker 2: Have never heard someone say I get nervous stomach like that.
Speaker 4: You know, nervous stomach is a thing. I'm going to see a gastor entronologist next week. Maybe he can help me.
Speaker 1: I hope that. What's his name?
Speaker 4: His name is doctor Gandhi.
Speaker 1: Doctor Gandhi is going to help him. Yeah, he can't escape me, no matter how hard. I can't know you related, Probably not, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sure somewhere along the line he's a Gandhi.
Speaker 1: No, No, do you know how many gandhis there are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But they all connected somehow or not.
Speaker 1: It's like Kennedy's okay, but not every Kennedy is a Kennedy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: I don't know how these things work. These trees what mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Oh, family trees?
Speaker 1: Okay, what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Weed?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask him. I'm gonna as him.
Speaker 1: If he knows you, he's gonna say, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, guess who I work with, your long lost cousin.
Speaker 1: That's a really solid way to start off, somebody who's probing your insides to figure out.
Speaker 4: What Wait a minute, he's gonna probe.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like a gastrologist.
Speaker 4: No, that's a proctology.
Speaker 1: You want to look around and see what's happening in your.
Speaker 4: I passed out. I passed out from the proctologists. I don't want to do that again, like a STOA. Oh no, I can't. I don't want to do all that. I'm gonna send you pictures of me with the thing and passed out. I can't.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna take a picture if you're passed out? You would be the person to be like, hey, duc would you mind? I just need a pictures share with my friends. I hope you feel bad now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it. Send me your thoughts and press.
Speaker 4: You guys love messing with me, and I I take it. I don't care. I like, I don't mind how I don't mind being messed with you.
Speaker 1: Know what I say all the time. Light bullying one of my love languages.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it. If I play with you, it's because I love you. If I don't do anything, then you know, then that's gonna I love you too. I don't really have it in me to around with you.
Speaker 4: I can take it mostly for the most part. I can take it, but I just don't like being ganged up on.
Speaker 1: No one gangs up on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when two or three of you come at me, I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Who are the two or three of us that come at you?
Speaker 4: I mean, like you, like you and Andrew and Diamond all at once. I don't like that because then then I feel like I'm being bullied.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Okay, we will be sitting there having a conversation. You'll walk into the room, say something with some racially charged statement attached to it, out of the room like you did nothing, and wonder why the two brown girls are screaming at you.
Speaker 4: It's all in good fun, it is, and I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: You start talking about gaslighting again, you start the shit, you drop the bomb, and then you try to run out of the room and get mad. When everyone's like, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it's not really situations like that when everyone does it, like what, you're not real?
Speaker 1: I hear your facts. We have alternati effects. Okay, Scotty, what I actually wanted to do with this? And you can help me out? I like I said, I want I want to highlight the people on the show who don't have their own segment because I want the audience to get to know you, which I feel like so far they've really gotten some insight into what a weirdo you are.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: But if you could share with the listeners who don't know you something about yourself, what do you want them to know?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I want to like get away from like the coupon things and like the shipping stuff, and do.
Speaker 1: You want to explain that?
Speaker 4: So I was always like the savings guy, you know, because I was on that show Extreme Coupony and I like to save money when I shop and whatnot. And that's great and all, but you know what, as some people have told me, you know, some of Andrew's friends that are single and looking, they're like, you know what, you really should take that off your profile because girls don't want to see that, and the more that I've experienced life as a single person, I see that, and so I I kind of want to distance myself from that because I don't I don't think that girls think that that's attractive. I really don't. So I want to put that.
Speaker 1: But that's you.
Speaker 4: I understand, it's me, and I'll continue to do it because you know what, why should you have my money? I'm gonna save it, right, So that's that's how that is. But I don't think I should ever lead with that. Hey, nice to meet you. Oh hey, I'm Scott. I saved money. I was on extreme coup hunting.
Speaker 1: No, that don't that probably shouldn't be yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could never lead with that. I'm a dad. I'm a good dad. I think I love my kids more than anything in the world. They come first. Like hot girl wants to go on a date Saturday night. Sorry, I got my kids. I would never like, you know, I even said to my younger one, I said, listen, because you know, I haven't really talked about dating with them. My older one a little bit, but my younger one is kind of like, you know, she thought something was going on and she was like, eh, you know, and I said, And she seemed like she was upset, so I said to her, I said, listen, I promise you I will never ever, ever, like not hang out with you because I want to go out with a girl. Never, I said. You guys are number one and first always, And you know what, if I don't ever date anybody again because you guys are in my life, then so be it. Okay, So that's that's I'm a dad, and I'm a good dad.
Speaker 1: I think those are good things. You are and you are. You're a great dad.
Speaker 4: I'm a very emotional person.
Speaker 1: God, yes you are.
Speaker 4: I will cry from World News tonight at that last story every night David Muir. Every night it's like America Strong and it's some some touching thing, and I will stand at the TV holding my mixing bowl of whatever I'm doing and I'll just I'll cry. And my daughter's like, are you seriously crying again? I'm like, yeah, I am, because I cry at movies every movie, doesn't matter what, and I don't care. I'm not ashamed of it, all right, you know. So I'm an emotional dude, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Scott, He's emotional. He's a great dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what else? I mean, I'm a lot of things I don't know, I don't have, I can't, I can't. Think. It's really hard to do that, right, It really is to think about yourself.
Speaker 1: I would say, Andrew, describe yourself to me right now, very busy.
Speaker 4: That's how he is, Oh, dear God.
Speaker 2: Well look at them, I would say, hard working.
Speaker 4: Yes, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: They think happy for the most part. Okay, give those this my three.
Speaker 1: So, like at your funeral, if somebody were describing you, would want them to be like Andrew Polici Polis. Did I say that right?
Speaker 2: Either? One?
Speaker 1: Okay, he was kind, he was hard working, and he was happy. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'd be fine with that because I feel like that sums me up. And I know it could be boring but to some but I think I've tried to lead a life where if I make somebody happy just by being happy, or if I do a good deed that goes to like goes the extra mile to help other people by putting in some hard work too. Like, yeah, I think those are really good things.
Speaker 1: They're really good things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know what a thing I don't like about myself. What I say, Uh, a lot. I noticed that when I listen back to myself. Did you like even when Andrew and I do our podcast serial Killers and bowl Chat, Yeah, I say a lot. I don't know have to that's my crutch. Crutch, it's crutch, not crotch.
Speaker 1: Right, it's definitely not crossed.
Speaker 4: It's crutch.
Speaker 1: I should not have told you that. It is definitely crotch. Yes, for sure, go forward, that's my crotch. You say a lot, Andrew? What do you say?
Speaker 2: I say again all the time, like if I'm making my point, I reinforce it with and again again. This should be like this again, I said.
Speaker 4: You know what else? I don't like that you say what.
Speaker 2: What go on Gandhi's podcast?
Speaker 1: Guys? I like it.
Speaker 4: I just like if I'm like, hey, buddy, do you want a coffee? I'm good for now? Like, what do you mean for now? Just say no? Thanks?
Speaker 2: They don't want to coffee right now, but maybe in an hour I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think you use it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm in your head. I know exactly what you're thinking.
Speaker 4: Next question.
Speaker 1: So this is actually the part where we would normally do and ask me anything. Andrew has a bunch of asked me anything questions, But if you have one, since you're here and this is kind of half your episode, you could do and ask me anything if you have one.
Speaker 4: I I mean, I'm sure that you've said this before, so I'm sorry if I wasn't paying attention. But I am curious that if you were not doing this, Like when you were a little girl, what did you what did you want to do with your life? Like what were you before? Like the radio bug bit? You like before? I before I cared about radio, Like I wanted to be a fireman and a garbage man, That's what I wanted. I used to follow the garbage trucks, which when there was no school and I would hear the garbage truck, I would get out of my bike and I would go ride behind it and follow them up the block.
Speaker 1: What is this little weirdo?
Speaker 4: I like to watch them throw trash in the truck, and then sometimes they would take things and put it in the little basket underneath the truck if it was a cool trash, you know.
Speaker 1: Like they keep those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And then I also wanted to I know it was for you, but I always wanted to be a firefighter, and so I would When I would hear the fire alarm go off in the neighborhood, I would quickly jump on my bike and I would race to the firehouse because I wanted to watch them. I wanted to watch them leave. Back in the day, when you had like a mongoose bicycle, there were these things that would go on the handlebars and I would put I had one on one side and blue one on the other side, like it was like flashing lights on a car, and I would like do a siren with my mouth, and I would go to the fire department.
Speaker 1: How old were you like twenty seven, twenty eight, No, I was.
Speaker 4: Probably like ten or eleven, twelve somewhere.
Speaker 2: Back to you for your podcast after we just had to hear this one talk about it for.
Speaker 4: Five minutes, I mean, nobody asked me, so I figured I would just put it out there.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed, We're getting to know you. That's okay, that's great. Yeah, I'm excited about this.
Speaker 4: And then my mom wouldn't sign the paperwork. I couldn't be a junior firefighter because my bet my grades were bad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, what was your question?
Speaker 4: I evenfore, what did you want to do before you did radio?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, So in fourth grade I actually did a project for Career Day on being a DJ on the radio.
Speaker 4: Really wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. That was like, hands down, if I could do anything, I want to play with an animal all day, dolphins in particular. I thought it was going to be great. And then I would go to the aquariums all the time and find out what went into being a dolphin trainer, and it seemed terrible and boring to actually get to the place where you wanted to play with the dolphins and do all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: So you've always been animals of all?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh my god. When I was little, there's a play in Columbus called Kosai.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a little little like kids museum you could go and they had this area of baby chicks. I used to put those baby chicks in whatever pocket or my sleeve, whatever I could to get them out of there and take them home. I was like known at Kosai, feel like there she is again. And my mom would always stop me. She's like, put your hands in your pockets, let me there are always little baby chicks in my pockets. They were so cute.
Speaker 4: Did you kill them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: How could they go in your pocket?
Speaker 1: Have like a puffy coat, It goes in your pocket? And put in my jeans pocket. They were little. My hand wrapped around them, stuck them right in there.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the movie Cocoon?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, I watched it over the weekend on DVD. Don't know why, but I did VD player. Yeah. I still have a VHS DVD combo combo in my room just in case. Okay, And so I was watching the movie Cocoon and when they were like when they were down, like getting the cocoons up from under the water, just dolphins everywhere, like I don't unders like, I don't. I didn't understand why there were so many dolphins in this movie. Didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: I wish I could help you out with that.
Speaker 4: You should watch it, will for Brimley's in it.
Speaker 2: I am not a fan of dolphins. I'm honest. I've never liked dolphins. I felt they're too smart and they rape what they do.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys, these are isolated incidents.
Speaker 4: You hear about them a lot. You hear about the dolphin rapes a lot.
Speaker 1: You hear about them a lot because idiots like you two are like dolphins rape pass it on.
Speaker 2: I just don't trust them. I think they're way like I saw the Simpsons episode years ago, and it's always stuck with.
Speaker 4: That was a cartoon.
Speaker 2: You're right, The Simpsons is a cartoon anyway. So I just think that they're way too smart. The echo location terrifies me. They're hunting patterns scare me, and the whole just everything about them it's terrifying. I think they're too smart.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done this song with a dolphin?
Speaker 2: I have, and it was a traumatic experience.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're such a babe like that. They're amazing.
Speaker 2: I think they sensed my fear. So then they were like just playing with me. Where like do they push you up over the water. Yeah, My dolphin kept missing my feet. Their stupid nose thing hurts, so it was just like knocking my feet around. And then when they're supposed to raise you up, they didn't raise me up all the way.
Speaker 4: So I was just kind of like, I love the I love the way they feel.
Speaker 2: Dolphins think dolphins are doe.
Speaker 4: They feel really cool. I mean, while I was holding out of the fin. I just couldn't stop looking at the butthole on top of its head. That's I will say, the glowhole. Yeah, it looks like it looks like a buttthole and it's like a sphincter. It opens and closes.
Speaker 1: And I guarantee you he thought about singing something in it. No, I didn't what it would be like if he did this to the dolphins.
Speaker 4: No, I did not.
Speaker 2: I will say, I do you think the dolphin killing is like totally not? Okay, that's super dolphins.
Speaker 1: Have you ever see the cove?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh my god, so depressing. Like I'm not a dolphin fan, but that's really depressing.
Speaker 1: And they say things have changed now. This documentary came out probably ten years ago about this ritual in Japan where they basically heard all of these dolphins into this one cove and they brutally slaughter them. Why for what like massive amounts of them?
Speaker 4: But to do what with them? What do you do with dolphins?
Speaker 1: Different different theories about what happened. Some people were saying it was sort of the final like fuck you to the West from Japan because we outlawed whaling, like International ocean Oceanic Society said you can't win anymore since, well, not certain things, but because a dolphin was categorized as a porpoise, we didn't say you couldn't kill these things. So that's what some people say. Other people say that there are these like properties within a finn or whatever else that are so good for you if you can have a little bit of it. It's all terrible, But that documentary actually made me.
Speaker 4: Boldly dolphin, dolphin finn soup. Have I seen that? There's some fink.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's another horrible documentary on that which is really sad. But dolphins are amazing. I think they're awesome. This is gonna sound like a depressing story, but it's not because it was finally like the moment where I felt like things would be okay. I told you guys, I was dating somebody and he died. Well, I was living in Miami at the time, and he died in this one specific area of Bay Harbor and there are houses and it's a bay and you can sit on this little wall if you want to and dangle your feet over the side. And I was coming home with a bunch of my friends from being out and they were getting shit faced. I didn't want to because I just wasn't in the mood for it. It was maybe eight or nine months later, and as we were coming home, I decided, they're all passed out. I'm gonna pull at this bay and just go talk to the sky because I feel like it and I wanted to be like close for a second. So I did, and I was sitting on the edge and I said, you know what. I know you're never gonna be able to talk to me, but if you can hear me, just give me a sign, like anything. And what happened. Not one two dolphins popped out of the water at my feet and I was able to touch them and bend down. It scared me at first because you see fins and you're like, oh shit, it's a shark. But i'd been down and I touched them, and I was like, oh my god. Now you would think this is a crazy story, and I'm making it up. One of my friends from the car, Jamie, she got out and came to get me, and she was like, what are you doing. Oh my god, why are you sitting on this bay at three in the morning. This is crazy. She looked down and she saw the dolphins and said, holy shit, no way. She bent down to touch them. Every time she tried to touch them, they ducked away from her. Every time I tried to touch them, they came to me, and I was like, that's my sign he can hear me. I feel a lot better now.
Speaker 4: Don't you think it'd be cool if dolphins had legs and breathed air and were domesticated and you could have one in your house?
Speaker 1: So they allegedly, No, I think dolphins were like seals. They say dolphins were the original humans, that they came out of the water. Check out how it was they used to be able to walk. We're like, fuck, this went back into the water.
Speaker 4: Who says this?
Speaker 1: Look it up?
Speaker 4: Who says this?
Speaker 1: Scientists? Okay, not your therapist. You can believe in this, scotty.
Speaker 4: They were like realist scientists back then.
Speaker 2: No, we can't do this for another like, this is gonna be a way too long, gonna wrap it up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna wrap it up to your research. Look up dolphins walking on the land.
Speaker 4: Okay, just because it's there, it doesn't mean it's real.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can't do this. This sky beat something else. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 4: Sorry Producer didn't mean to get in your way.
Speaker 2: No, Trusty, you've taken enough of it.
Speaker 1: I could do this all day, guys. I would do a podcast with the two of you, just us story if I could.
Speaker 2: Really have to wrap this up.
Speaker 1: This is why we are way over.
Speaker 4: Thank you Scotty for all recording anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Anyway, thanks for listening to episode two, slightly unhinged. It wasn't me today, it was definitely Scott like follow, subscribe. Please leave a review unless you hate it then I don't care. Don't leave the review.
Speaker 4: Just leave it for me on one of my things. Don't mess with you, No, don't leave.
Speaker 1: No, we don't need anyone getting bad reviews. But if you have a good review, leave it. Scottie. Where can they find you on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Oh find me at Z scotty B. That is Z s c O T t y B on Instagram Z.
Speaker 1: Scotty Be, Andrew at Andrew Pug and I am at Baby Hot Sauce and we love you and thanks for listening. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: So three, that's it right next week next week.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me. This was fun.
Speaker 1: You're a good time Scott Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Bye everybody, bye,