Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, Let's go. Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so much for that.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Break on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. We were with Ambar Garcia, Brian brought us, Patrick Walker, and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, welcome back to another episode of The Break. Derek is nowhere to be found right now, so we're just going gonna go ahead and start the show. We got Patrick and Brian here, and I wanted to start the show just like Derek always does, asking about injury updates and where we're at currently right now? Patrick, do you have that for us?
Speaker 5: I do so, first and foremost. It sounds as if Rico Dowdell, who suffered what's described as a hip contusion and the blowout went over the Patriots he left in the third quarter, didn't return. Sounds like he dodged a bullet and he is expected to potentially be limited in practice on Wednesday. So great news there, especially when you consider Rico lost the entirety of twenty twenty one with the hip injury. That's what they were concerned about. Sounds like he's not gonna miss much time, if any time, But we'll see if he misses this forty nine Ers game. But it's not a long term injury. I'm told. Zach Martin suffered a quad injury against the Patriots. He was moving well in the locker room in the postgame. Mike McCarthy said that he's expected to be a limited participant on Wednesday as well. Obviously, Martin returned this past Sunday from the ankle injury that held him out in Arizona. Tyron Smith knee injury. Owner in general manager Jerry Jones said this morning on one oh five three of Him the Fan that Tyron is iffy for Sunday against the Cards. Mike McCarthy yesterday said that Tyron would start out in the rehab They'll see how he looks on Wednesday after that, and then they'll try to ramp him up to limited participation. We'll see how that goes. I know a lot of people want to know about Michael Parsons. He had his knee and ankle kind of banged up against the Patriots, but again, he was moving well as well, Mike McCarthy said specifically, there's no concern there, but there's a good likelihood that he will be limited on Wednesday as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Parsons and Martin r D and P. Something that Jerry said about Martin that kind of stuck out to me, which was, as the Cowboys start installing these veteran rest days, maybe Zach gets a veteran rest day on Wednesday, Maybe MIKEA gets the same. So that's the latest on the injury front. Not too bad, but we're kind of still in the wait and see pattern for a lot of these guys.
Speaker 8: Which seems to be the trend since the season started. We wait and see what happens. We wait on game day.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll go ahead and switch subjects right now and talk about some of the opponents in the NFL and see what's going on.
Speaker 8: Last night.
Speaker 7: We know that the Giants played against the Seahawks and they lost that game.
Speaker 5: They played well, they were there, they were.
Speaker 7: There, they showed they physically showed up there and they were on the field, but they lost to the Seahawks twenty four three.
Speaker 8: Right now, which I always see on.
Speaker 7: The NFL puts it out there's there are only two teams that are currently undefeated, which are the forty nine Ers and the Eagles. So we know tomorrow will turn the page and start looking into the forty nine Ers and the whole matchup. But in the meantime, NFC East, what overview do you guys have currently in the first four weeks of the season as to what's happening with the Eagles and everybody else in the NFCS.
Speaker 2: You know what, I am really surprised that Ron Rivera has the nickname Riverboat Ron. He didn't go and he didn't go for it. He had he had a chance right there. His team fights back, they get a touchdown as the final gun is sounding. You know, Ron, you got to go for the two there. Your team has done everything to get back in that game. You don't need to hear about being tired on drives and things like that. You had a chance to go beat a team on the road leading the division, go get a two point conversion in that game. Right now. I always get on these coaches about knowing the condition of their teams, you know, and Ron saying, well, my team was gassed, they couldn't run. You know, you had momentum at that point, you know, and you had a chance, you were a road underdog in a division game. You know, find a way to in that thing right then and there. And that's the disappointing thing right now. I just because I thought for sure when they scored that touchdown that they were going to for two. Ron rivera Riverboat. Ron, He's going to go for it here and he sends the extra point team and I go, sir, you just lost the game right there, you know, and you and you wonder these coaches, it comes down to it at the end of the year, new ownership with the Commanders, I'm sorry, we lost too many games this year. Well, you're gonna probably look back at that and maybe that was the one game that was going to get you push you forward in the division. You know, you're gonna look back and Washington plays the Eagles great. Every year. They play them great. They don't always win, but they play them great. That was a missed opportunity for the Commanders to put themselves back into the conversation with what's going on in the NFC East.
Speaker 5: I agree. I mean, all things considered, you you've got to go for two after that. I mean they you know, you talk about the what would have been the game whining drive that ended with the aj Brown touchdown reception from from Jalen Hurts, which was you talk about river Boat. Yeah, you know that was the Philadelphia Eagles saying, you know what, we're not playing for a field goal, We're playing to end this game. And then you see Sam Howe and you know the off they march down the field, you get that touchdown, and you're sitting there and if for if you're the Washington Commanders and the sideline, you're sitting there like, you know, even if this ends badly, we feel good about this, and if we're gonna go down, we're gonna go down swing exactly. But they didn't go down swinging. He goes for the extra point, gets it. But now you're taking the risk in overtime because you just saw that your defense was having a hard time on that final offensive drive, people stopping them, So this is what you're hoping for. So yeah, I didn't like that at all. I mean, it was a massively missed opportunity for Rivera and the Washington Commanders. And then when you talk about the New York Giants, I mean, there's still a lot of football to be played. But I mean, I think all of us believe that the Giants would be more competitive through the first quarter of the season than what we've seen forty to zero. I'll take that all day for the Cowboys versus Giants, But he don't anticipate that they'll go in on their own field against the Seahawks, which are a competitive team. Nothing taking away from the Seahawks. I think they can make some waves as a Tier two team in the NFC. But twenty four to three, eleven sex three turnovers by your quarterback. You know, the decision that the ninety seven, ninety eight yard picked six. I mean, you can't make those throws. You can't make those decisions. So and then you see Brian Dable on the sideline getting ignored by Daniel Jones and then ultimately throwing his iPad into the bench. I mean, they got a lot of trouble in New York. So when it comes to the NFC East, I mean, we knew it would be the Eagles and the Cowboys vying for that top spot, but you thought you'd see more better decision making from the commanders and just more competitiveness, competitiveness from the Giants in journal and you've just not see it.
Speaker 2: Their offensive line is bad. We saw that firsthand and we love it. How bad. And they had a lot of injuries happen throughout and that's what happened. You fall apart. But it's also the dangers of paying your quarterback too. You know, now you're in a situation where probably with the Giants, you know, there's questions that plane paying that quarterback.
Speaker 8: Sometimes it's hard to get out of that whole.
Speaker 9: Absolutely well, the Giants, it's not for lack of trying. Like they've spent some draft cap on that offensive line and it just hadn't gotten better. So I don't know if they're gonna how they're gonna fix that. Like that's part of the problem is you've already spent in the capitol. Those guys aren't playing up to par, and you spent the money on the quarterback and maybe he's not playing up to par. So that seems like a really tough mountain to.
Speaker 5: Climb, and you don't know what's gonna happen in you know, a year from now with Saquon Barkley, which is the center point of your offense. Good luck.
Speaker 9: All right, we're gonna take our first break and we come back. I have a game for you guys. We're gonna play a little first quarter recap where the first quarter point of the season, the first quarter is done, and I have some questions for you guys to help wrap that thing up. We'll do when we come back. Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radyo.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash fi G for you for details.
Speaker 12: Cowboys fans, after that move, we've just coined the term rowdy replay.
Speaker 2: Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys, and now he's on his phone on his Bank of America Mobile Banking.
Speaker 12: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 5: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive, Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot com slash Can't Stop Banking Everica.
Speaker 12: It's only available in the English language. You must download the latest version of the mobile banking app, only available on Selec mobile devices. Message dat rags may apply number FDIC.
Speaker 3: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 11: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 2: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out?
Speaker 3: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 13: They say, champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 4: Back to the break.
Speaker 2: Okay, where are we at. We're on Tuesday today. Dallas Cowboys game Time powered by what's our company called? Lenovo?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I always make sure get Lenovo right there. Yeah. Lenovo the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to compete in the Madden twenty four for a chance to win two tickets and VIP experience the twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys home game qualifiers, but again on October sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboys game time dot com. Welcome back.
Speaker 9: It is the second segment of The Brick Life from the s WBC Mortgage Studios. At the start, the segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com. There we go, all right, real quick, good luck to our Rangers tonight. I just want to give all a love Brian on his Rangers show. I thought you were gonna say some megative things down hometown baseball team. Yeah, look in the in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate that. I thought you were gonna get on me. I've been in a fight the last twenty four hours with people from Houston, so I thought you were gonna come in here and give me some of this.
Speaker 8: No man's guy anymore.
Speaker 2: No, I'm definitely he's the Houston guy. No, he'll break.
Speaker 9: It only shows up. It only shows up in basketball season. Like I'm more of a Rockets fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, now I will.
Speaker 9: I will say when I was a kid, that was the bit I love the Astros. I was a huge Astros fan when I was a kid, and good team Sarsadanio and Jose Cruz and Mike's got all those guys like I love the Astros when I was a kid. But I haven't really kept up with it like that since I've been an adult. But good luck to the Ranger.
Speaker 2: See what they do here. There's a lot of great cross promotion stuff. I think these teams in the DFW really look out for each other and they're they're they're stars. They they cross paths. So you see, you know, the MAVs the Ranger starts. But yeah, thank you for that. I appreciate that. Yeah, it should be some fun, all right.
Speaker 9: So here's we're gonna do. We got our first quarter recap. We have finished the first four games of the season, and so I've got some questions for you guys that will hopefully make you think a little bit and make you give some some good analytical answers to these questions. Let's start first, what you think was the most impressive victory? You got at New York forty to nothing, you got versus New York Jets thirty to ten, and you've got versus New England thirty eight to three. What was most impressive?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's it's a close one between Week four and week one. Given what we just saw with the Giants, I'm gonna go with thirty eighty three against Bill Belichick. I'm gonna go I mean, I was I was competition. If the Giants had played well last night, and I mean it was on their field the season opener, both teams coming in with a bunch of hype and purple hype, you know, pumping circumstance. Then you could say that, but yeah, like that, Yeah they laid the they lay the egg yesterday, and it's just like that's gross. But anytime you go against a Bill Belichick led team, you just anticipate you're going to be in a dogfighting. That's what the Cowboys are typically in. When they played Belichick. You talk about what happened back in New England with you know, it took overtime and the game winning drive and throw that ended up with Dak Prescott with the calf strain and ceedee lamb and the wave goodbye. And that's the kind of dramatics you typically feel like it'll take to get over Bill Belichick. But to hand him the worst loss of his NFL career, for me, that is by far the most impressive one so far the season. So keep that going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rubber stamp that everything he just said. I mean, I didn't think they were going to block him all that great. I didn't think they were gonna be able to score a lot of points. They turned their guy over. They really embarrassed the New England Patriots. They beat him up physically too, you know. So yeah that by far, anytime you beat the guy who's that might take him. He's got eighteen more wins before he passes Don Shula. It might take him eighteen years to get there, you know, but eventually, eventually he's to Eventually he is going to be the all time winning his coach in NFL history, we think. But yeah, you take that guy to the mat the way they did, in the fashion they did is even more impressive.
Speaker 7: Agree, and especially after an embarrassing loss the week prior against the Cardinals.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 7: Different aspects of the game just look good. You have special teams, everything that they did as opposed to I mean, he's only missed one kg one extra point and that was the first week, so okay. Now in this one, it was completely clean. I wish we would have seen the sixty six yard that would.
Speaker 9: Have been fun.
Speaker 8: But different areas of the game.
Speaker 7: Everything that defense did with the running game, the run defense, and also the offense that we were able to see more out of this week from as opposed to the first two weeks. So yeah, I think all in all, in general, everything that they did was a lot more productive in a way than what we saw in prior weeks.
Speaker 9: Okay, question number two, who has been the better offensive player between these three? CD, Lamb, Tony Pollard or Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: M Smith.
Speaker 9: One of those three, which you think has been the better offensive player Pollard.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take Tyler out of it simply because he missed the first couple of games, but he's so good. I know, he's been so damn good. But availability matters. So for me, it's between Pollard and CD, and I just think Pollard has been the more consistent of the two. I think CD is playing at a high level. Obviously, saw what he did against the Jets and kind of a downturn against the card News solid game against the Patriots, But if you look at the first four games with the Cowboys, I mean, Tony Pollard has really been that steady hand. You know, he's near the top of the league as far as touches and you know efficiency when he touches the ball. So for me, I'm going to go with Tony Poller's Pollard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to your point. What Patrick's talking is absolutely right. If Smith had played all the games, you would probably throw him in that mix. I love what you did by adding him. I think it made everybody pause. That's the whole idea right there with that. But the thing with Paulish, you could even watch him. You can even watch him with some of the blitz pick up stuff, like he crossed the pocket the other day. They had a pass that got out and he crosses the pocket. They got a blitz coming off his right side and he sees it and gets over. Usually when you cross the pocket in front of the quarterback, there's problems. He did it with he was clean, it was right in good position. He finishes, they're throwing the ball, he's running the ball there, he's pass block and he's really a complete back for you.
Speaker 7: Even in this last game, him running up the middle and just finding those little holes and getting up there. And I think it's more impressive just given the unknown that we initially had coming into the season, him coming off the injury, wondering if he will be able to play that way after recovering, because we've seen it with different players, even Michael Galla last year. You know that takes some time, and I think he's been effective right off the bat, and he's done a really nice job for now taking the role that he has.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys have got to make some hay while he's still healthy the next you know, the first twelve weeks of the season, those last five weeks of the season are going to be tough on him and they're going to have to figure out, especially at this rate. Yeah, how to navigate that part? Right now? I can say I think running backs are good for about twelve weeks and then you better figure out the next five.
Speaker 9: All right, Let's move on to the defensive side of the ball. Who has been the better defensive player not named Michael Parsons. I'll give you a few, a few names. DeMarcus Lawrence, Deron bland olso odiggy Zooo. Feel free to throw in another name if you choose, but it cannot be Michael Parsons. Michael Parsons because we know Michael Parsons has been the best player on this team through the first four games of the season.
Speaker 5: DeMarcus Lawrence the most consistent of the ones you've named, and I could also throw Osa in there as consistency as well. But when you look at Deron Bland and you know he had kind of an off game in his first game at boundary outside of Diggs when in Arizona had a magnificent game against the Patriots. But over the totality of the first quarter, I mean DeMarcus Lawrence, He's getting pressures as a pass rusher, he's moving around, he's on the left side, he's on the right side, impacting the run defense. Still one of the best run run defenders at age in the entire NFL. Still operating on a Pro Bowl level. So all very worthy names there, especially O side. Do love me some double O nine to seven, but I'm going with Tank on this one.
Speaker 7: Great names, I would say, Okay, there has been some inconsistency, especially after Trevon Dick's left and what happened in Arizona with the defense and the secondary. There has been inconsistency with the rum Bland, But all in all, I think he's done such a good job. He's taking a jump from even last year, which last year he was thrown in there right off the bat and he was able to pick it up right away. And I was talking to you, Derek during the game, not that I had a pre judgment, but I kind of did, and we all do. But the first time I met him, uh, this is before he ever played anything for us, first time I met him media day, I saw him, he was such a base like baby face, so nice, soft voice, super shy and this is and I know we're not supposed to judge. Nobody don't judge a book plates covered, but we're humans and we automatically do it.
Speaker 8: Uh. And I was just like in my head kind of like, Okay, what is this, Like, I don't you know.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 7: That's mean I know it, Brian, but judge it. Yes, yes, But but I did it. And he was amazing right off the even even at practice. So again, it's one of those that I in a way feel so proud of him and for everything that he's been able to accomplish and just the kind of man he turns into when he's steps on the field and what he does he and not just like defending, but it's like getting your hands on the ball and ball awareness ball hawk, I think is the term that people use. And him being able to be so focused and aware or everything that happens on the field. I think he's done an excellent job.
Speaker 2: His toughness is going to help you this week and against San Francisco, these these receivers, no joke, Yeah, there's no joke. You better be you know. And and and to be honest with you too about him, it's a home game for him being from in that Fresno area, California area, So yeah, it's gonna be but it's Osa. Osa is the one. Osa has come in through training camp and and and carried it over to what the regular season been. He's been absolutely on the screws when it comes to being consistent with his pass rush, the disruptive snaps we've seen him in the running game, how quick he's playing, how he's playing with power. He is just one of these guys that when you see him on the field and there's you usually if there's a negative play, ninety seven is usually involved in the play. And you know, I love what Tank's been able to do. I kind of feel like Tank. It looks at you know, everybody talks about what Parsons does, and there was one time where Tank was Parsons, and I mean that in a way of your primary pass rush and all that. So with Parsons doing what he does. It's kind of allowed Tank to kind of step back and then show you like, Okay, well, listen, young fella can really rush the passer. Watch me play run defense. Watch me, you know, rush the passer. Watch me be a complete player. But I think that three technique spots really been solidified by how well Os has been playing.
Speaker 9: Question number four, bigger surprise Brandon Aubrey or Chuma Edoga.
Speaker 2: A doga for me because I didn't see anything at training camp that was that led me to believe that he was going to be more than just an okay tackle. And he's shown he's He was a bad ride tackle in practice a matter of fact, and it wasn't just Michael Parsons and guys like that. They were rushing to anybody that was at right or left defensive end, and training camp was having some success. I had my complete doubts about him. It's the second offensive lineman that I've had doubts about second tackle when you look at Steel as well. But Adoga has come in here and I'll tell you what they passed twist stunts. He's been good on his base this run block and has been good man. I was really worried in this game because I felt like that that New England had some legitimate edge rushers, and he held up just fine.
Speaker 5: Brandon Aubrey, I do. I agree that Chummidoga has been a pleasant surprise. He was a pleasant surprise at guard, even more so at left tackle because we had some concerns about him at left tackle. But when you talk about Brandon Aubrey, he walks into a situation where in the Cowboys they part ways with Brett Maher and once again they're back at square one at the kicker position. So they make these moves. You trade for Cooks on the offensive side, you trade for Gilmore on the defensive side, and everybody's like, oh, everything's looking great except for kicker. So then we're in training camping. We're dodging footballs, right, and then we see we see the blue blue white practice and it's vis Gayano and all we both basically just looking very very abysmal. And then if fitz Gayano gets released, Arby starts trending upward through the preseason and then we're like, okay, regular season, here we go. He misses the first extra point. Oh, here we go again. He hasn't missed a single thing since, not a single kickoffs including kickoffs, ninety six point six percent touchback rate, thirteen for thirteen field goals, and in at thirteen for thirteen, you have one that's over fifty yards. We almost got to see if he could make a sixty six yarder. So, I mean, he's shattered the Dan Bailey record for and just a franchise record for most consecutive kicks made to start an NFL career. And just I mean that rookie is really really taken off. I mean, he took my confidence meter from one percent to ninety and I'm still I'm not I'm not even at ninety one yet because I feel like I'm firm at ninety.
Speaker 2: Ninety percent that I was kind of arguing with you, Oh you were ninety percent.
Speaker 5: I don't remember what I think it was after week two?
Speaker 9: Yeah, what it was, No, it was just if it was about the kicker appreciate.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your confidence meter about absolutely.
Speaker 5: So I think we might be at like ninety point five right now, because once you get the ninety, you know, it's difficult to get the rest of it. He can't get one hundred percent until after the postseason right now, right yeah, listen, I'm PTSD from my hurt. I need to see it in the postseason as well, so he can't get one hundred percent confidence for me until he doesn't have the most season. But Brandon Aubury, that's that's my surprise.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, they're both good options. But for me, I would have to say Chuma just because there's a lot to say when and a lot of credit to be given to someone that can consistently keep getting up and fighting back and putting in that work. Sometimes it gets to you and you know, constantly getting beat down, and that happened a lot of training camp, and he's put in the work and shows. But more so than Tuma, I wouldn't say I would mention the whole O line and all the backups right now because I truly because I've seen it in the past. I have this memory of like, as soon as one guy two and now you're telling me three starters are out, we're done, And that was not the case. So credit to the coaching staff for making preparing these guys quote unquote the right way, because they're still we know they needed to be given extra practice to be even more prepared when it comes, and they haven't been perfect, but I think they've done a really nice job and really impressive to see Tchuma just keep going and keep grinding, grinding. That was sorry, my tongue twister.
Speaker 9: There question number five. Who would have the greater impact if they were either more involved or their play improved. Here are the options. Brandon Cooks, Hunter Lipke or Luke Scoon.
Speaker 5: Maker Brandon Cooks. We haven't seen Brandon Cooks unleashed in this offense yet, and I think that's a large I think once it happens, you're going to see just how prolific this offense can be. I mean, yeah, they're moving between the twenties exceptionally. Well. The issue primarily is the red zone, but that also goes to getting Cooks involved in that area as well. I just think that, you know, he came back from missing that one game and an injury, and he's still early in the process. Didn't play preseason obviously, most of the key starters didn't, and I just feel like once Cooks is truly unleashed, it's going to be hell on Earth for opposing defenses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is Cooks. Cooks is the one guy to me that I'm kind of waiting for him to. You know, when you study on the next gen stuff, you look at the routes and things like that. They got to find a way. There's some routes that he's running down the field and he has been open. I just you know, the ball to schoon Maker. I know that I have a lot of love for Schoonmaker because I've said it before, and you're right, Patrick, will you mentioned it yesterday. I think Michigan held him back. But he's got to make some plays for you. He's got to make the catches. I think he had a bad luck on the goal line when Bentley tipped the ball. I think that was going to be a potential catch for him and you know, kind of get back into good graces there. But get Cooks going in this offense and you'll have something really really unique.
Speaker 8: Well I said this the other day.
Speaker 7: Cooks is the one guy I've been freaking dying to see go at it go off this year since training camp. Everything I saw from him i training camp I freaking loved and I haven't seen it. So that's who I think would just make the offense be a lot more dynamic and just open up, open things up for you a lot more, just because now your deal defenses will have to deal with taking him into account, and it's just it will elevate your offense a whole new level.
Speaker 9: I'm actually really shocked at all three of you guys went with Cooks, because Patrick, you kind of alluded to it. Really, this team is not having a big roblem moving the balls, moving the ball from the twenty to twenty. They're having a problem in the red zone. And both of those two guys that neither one of you guys mentioned, Schoonmaker Letke can both possibly at their very best of what you think they can be, could maybe help you in the red zone. So I'm kind of shocked y'all didn't say that, just because that's the area where I think they need the most help. And so if you want to talk about greatest impact, I think they may provide the best impact for this team.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny, but you say that because the pass that he tried to throw to the pass in the red zone, he tried to fit between the cover two to schoon Maker. If he throws the ball at the rights, a touchdown to Cook the Cooks, and there you go and it's just Dacks like, all right, it's cover two and I'm gonna trust my guy to get between those two safeties.
Speaker 9: And he threw the ball where absolutely.
Speaker 2: But if he says maybe next time, I'm gonna throw it Cooks, Cooks has found a way to get open. Cooks is due for one of those Michael Gallop games where it's six to seven and some pretty good yards behind.
Speaker 5: Now it's a good weekend to do it for the California kid.
Speaker 9: They're gonna need that this week. They need every bit of everything at this ticket.
Speaker 8: People stphone the game to another like down.
Speaker 4: The road, No, let's go.
Speaker 7: I need this offense to kind of love it find its way a little bare.
Speaker 5: I think this is where it gets found. Yeah, I think this week it gets found.
Speaker 9: Either it gets found or we find out that maybe this is going to be a problem.
Speaker 5: You're going to find out something because because you're gonna find out something.
Speaker 9: Because let's also be clear, and I don't want to get too far ahead, but this is the easier part of the Cowboys schedule. If you haven't looked at what the Cowboys schedule looks like post Thanksgiving, it is a murderer's row. Every single week, you're gonna be playing playoff caliber teams, some super Bowl caliber teams, and so you better be making hay right now. And I think we're gonna find out this weekend a lot about this team. All we're gonna take our final break when we come back. I do have a couple more questions before we get to lap Coot. We'll do that also in the final second. We'll be back. Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 2: Todd believed the big cat.
Speaker 10: Repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 11: Five G requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com Slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 14: Don't put off getting your oil Change Dallas. Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys, is faster than you think. There's no appointment needed and no waiting room.
Speaker 2: Yep, you hurt that correctly.
Speaker 14: Take five is so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take Five's fast, friendly and simple service at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. Take five the official oil change of the Della Let's Cowboys.
Speaker 12: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a locate near you.
Speaker 4: Back to the Break first.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, mark your calendars and get your leader hosen and Stein's ready. Frisco Octoberfest officially returns for their fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at the Star and Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drink, plenty of great live entertainment. Viit thestardistrict dot com slash events for more info.
Speaker 9: Welcome back to the final segment of the Break, Laughing s WVC Mortgage Studios at the Star. I will tell you one thing I'm looking forward to seeing Amber. I'm looking at this video screen and they're show on highlights of this Pooka Nakoula in with the Rams. I'm looking forward to seeing him in person because what he's doing right now with the Rams is just outstanding for any receiver, but but for it to be a rookie receiver, it's just it's on ah.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: His also, that's a top five name in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah. His His steal too is where you know you got a coach that understands how to use them. Yeah, because you know that that's that. I love what Sean McVay does with moving his guys around and trying to create mismatches, and he makes it really easy on your receivers to go get the football because he's running you open in a lot of those a lot of those snaps.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Cooper Cup is back by that game as well. If you got to deal with Nakua and Cup, well, that's gonna be That's gonna be one of those days where it's.
Speaker 2: Going to be good. Is that day exactly? All right? Patrick?
Speaker 9: I want to get to lap Cooat. Make sure you got some time for that. We might come back to the questions that we still had left, but I want to get to lab Coat.
Speaker 5: So take it away, all right, lab Coat, beam and bring me in.
Speaker 4: Yes, science, let's.
Speaker 5: Go, let's do it. Okay, So this week's segment of lab Coat, we're going to focus on the numbers sixty seven and thirty seven. Now, when I went into looking into these two teams, the Cowboys and the forty nine Ers, I wanted to see if perception matched reality. Perception is that the forty nine Ers are far and away better than the Cowboys offense, and I don't know that that's necessarily the truth. Well, let's see what the numbers be're out. So I wanted to look at what defenses the forty nine ers have faced, what they average points per game, takeaways per game. And this is where Cowboys and forty nine Ers are nick and nick, because both of the teams that all of the teams they faced average exactly twenty five I'm sorry, twenty six points per game in less than one takeaway. So that's kind of a wash there. So then you say, okay, where where are the advantages for the Cowboys, if any, well then you start looking at QB to QB. Everybody's rolling with the brock Purty train rightfully. So he's undefeed. He's done will since he's come into the league, the injury notwithstanding in the Conference championship. But here are the numbers. Dak Prescott nine hundred and eight passing yards, Brock Party ten to nineteen not too far bit edge to Party. There four touchdowns for Dak Prescott to five touchdowns for Party. That's almost a watch, especially when you consider the schoolmaker drop. One interception for Dak, no interceptions for Brock Party. Let's say that's a watch for the most part. Dak was sacked six times through four games. Perty sacked seven times. That's kind of a wash too. Here's where it really gets interesting. Dak has not fumbled the ball once. Party has fumbled the ball four times. He's only lost it once. But he has trouble protecting that ball when he's under pressure and he's getting knocked around. So then where really is the advantage Other than those possible fumbles. The Cowboys can get its red zone, So thanks for that segue from last segment. Red zone red zone red zone forty nine ers are ranked seventh in the NFL. There are sixty seven percent with proficiency in the red zone. Cowboys are third worst at thirty seven percent. That's where the two magic numbers come in, sixty seven thirty seven. If the Cowboys can flip that or even improve upon their thirty seven percent in San Francisco, they have a fantastic chance of winning this game, especially with like I said, he'll put the ball on the ground if you knock him around a bit. Here's what's also promising though, Cowboys are forty four percent in the red zone on the road. Kind of weird that they're better on the road than at home, but guess where they are this weekend on the road. So Cowboys do a good bit better in the red zone when they're playing on away turf or waygrass. So I expect the Cowboys to improve in that capacity this week as well. And if that happens, then yeah, Cowboys have a fantastic chance of walking away with a message win against the San Francisco Forty nine or sixty seven thirty seven, those are the two numbers to watch.
Speaker 9: One thing I would be interested in knowing is what is the Cowboys' defense percentage efficiency percentage of opponents into That would tell me a lot about you know. We know obviously that they're hitting that sixty seven percent the forty nine Ers are. But where the Cowboys from the standpoint and stopping toy Now, the interesting part is doesn't say like the Cowboys let teams get in the red zone very much. These first four weeks. They're not even getting in.
Speaker 2: The red zone.
Speaker 9: It's either feast or family they got a big play or they don't get in the red zone. Right. But but I wouldn't be interested to see that. That might be something you want to kind of check out now that you got next gen stats.
Speaker 4: They let me easily.
Speaker 5: They let me also at one final thing, and I know Brian would love to tag on this end. You'll probably touch on this in the scutter pool. Also, when you look at the defenses that each offense has gone against, edge to the Cowboys. Cowboys have of the averaging two more takeaways per game than are the forty nine Ers defense, and the forty nine Ers defense is allowing almost five more points per game. So those edges go to the Cowboys as well.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at next genders. I love doing this stuff. Great one, the one that got my attention right off the jump is the forty nine Ers have generated the third highest pressure rate at forty two percent when sending only four pass rushers this season. They don't have to blitz. Yeah, and they don't let you throw the ball in the middle of the field, which Dallas really hasn't tried very much. So those are a couple of things.
Speaker 9: But we'll talk about I wonder how much Bosa accounts for that percentage, actually eighty percent.
Speaker 2: Actually, actually only Micah has generated one hundred and three pressures more. He's generated one hundred and three. Nick Bosa has ninety three over the last two seasons. So Mika is generating more pressures than Nick Bosa the last two seasons.
Speaker 9: There we go, all right, have they got some They got some good players on both sides, on both teams for this game. That's why it's going to be such a fun game to watch, all right. I do have a couple more questions. We'll see if we can get one or two here before we end the show. Which is more concerning problem for you. The red zone offense, the rush defense are the offensive line health?
Speaker 5: Red zone offense, the offensive line health. I think they've knock on wood. They've gotten through the worst of it for the most part. I don't knock on Wood.
Speaker 9: And the reason why I look like that is because going into the season, we all knew at the age that Tyrant is and you may even start to say the same thing about Zach as time goes on. But when you have older offensive linemen, you have to factor in health. And so that's what I'm saying, as you're going forward and you're projecting through the rest of the season, is that a concern.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't be a concern.
Speaker 5: I think it would be more of a concern, And it is a concern, so let me be clear on that. But I think will be more of a concern if we weren't rightfully having the conversation about Chuna Edoga being a pleasant surprise. Brock Hoffman in Arizona, you know, playing well for the most part, TJ Bass playing well for the most part. I would be more concerned if those younger guys and those backups weren't able to step in. But when you talk about in run defense, not as concerned. There is a concern when you see a game like Arizona where you're like, okay, consistency, it's just going to continue to be an issue. But three out of four games they've locked down the run game. So I'm not worried about that as much as I would be. Red zone offense until we see it, we haven't seen it. Red zone efficiency until we see it, we haven't seen it, And I'm of the mindset, I'll say it again, it's not necessarily the play calling as much as it is the lack of execution, the decision making down there in the red zone as far as players are concerned. If he go, if that goes to Cooks, that's a touchdown. When Schoolmaker gave him a dot, that was a fantastic pass, but Schoolmaker didn't bring that down, and then you go from there. So for me, I'm with Ambarro on this one because I know this is what she's thinking when it comes to red zone offense and efficiency. Until we've seen it, we haven't seen it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would agree and definitely agree because it's one of those it's getting to that point where, okay, this is just becoming ridiculous. Every time something weird happens, you're like, are you kidding me? Because you see it, We see it from a bird's eye view, and we see, okay, where the issues are happening, or we think so, and they're always so close, but it hasn't happened. So I would agree red zone just because that is a trend, that is something that has been reoccurring back to back. Last week we did see some improvement, but it's not fixed yet.
Speaker 2: Man, the biggest fear I ever have in a game is somebody running the football on me, and I just worry about somebody once again kind of figuring out how to unlock the Dallas front. I don't think that the Giants. The Giants initially tried, you know, the Jets never got to it, which was surprising. The Arizona Cardinals said, Okay, we've got a way that we don't have to take one on one. Will pin and pull you. We'll put guys in the backfield, will create mismatches in certain spots. I worry about forty nine ers being really creative with their running game because they will pin and pull. They will use use check, they will use Kittle, they will use Deebo Samuel. I just they I think that there's so many different ways that they get to the running game. It causes you to have issues. I think the red zone offense will be fine. I think there's some bad luck along the way. I think there's some execution. I think there's some actual decision making that's that's hampered the Cowboys when you watch them play. I think the red zone offense will be fine. The creative running team bothers me because they when you jack with the Cowboys eye level on defense and make them move and react, you can sometimes take advantage. And I think that's what this bunch has the capability of doing.
Speaker 5: I'm with you, Brian. Here we go.
Speaker 9: Final question. Order these teams in the second quarter of the season. From most challenging to least. You're at San Francisco, who's four and oh you're at the Chargers or two and o two and two you're at the Ram I'm sorry, the Rams are here two and two. And then you're at Philadelphia four and oh. Ranked them form most challenging to least challenging.
Speaker 2: Forty nine Ers Eagles. Uh? Who else? Did you have?
Speaker 9: Their?
Speaker 2: Other?
Speaker 9: Chargers?
Speaker 2: Chargers Ramps? That's what I would go, okay.
Speaker 5: For most to least forty nine Ers, Eagles, Yeah, Chargers, Rams. I'm right there with you.
Speaker 9: Same no, no, no, no. Nobody wants to put Philly ahead.
Speaker 8: Of of Philly. Doesn't make my hands sweat okay right now, I.
Speaker 5: Mean mathematically, the Philly game is slightly more important because it's a division game and if you win the the point I was getting too like, there's also when you're playing division teams, there's an they know you, yeah and so and so you're not you see a lot of things happen.
Speaker 9: That's why Washington plays Philly the way they play fish, right, So does that does that any mean change?
Speaker 2: I think Dallas has a good handle on how to play. I really assume that. And I think Philly has a little bit of the factor on defense that they're scared because there's secondary isn't really playing well right now, and if Dallas can protect and dack the way he's throwing the ball, then there's gonna be some problems there for Philly. Uh. San Francisco I call him the bully. Yeah, this is a bully team. They don't they don't care. They win a lot of games, they win ugly games, they win physical games, and they've knocked you out of the playoffs the last two years. I think there is some If Dallas goes and finds a way to win this game, then at the end of the year, if these two teams meet, we don't sit there and talk about dominance of San Francisco. It reminds me so much of the twenty fourteen when the Cowboys went to Seattle and they beat up on Seattle up there. They ran the ball with DeMarco Murray. They just pounded. And if Dallas would have just got past that Green Bay game, which they probably should have or and very well could have if they had to go play a Champion Chip game at Seattle, I think they were going to go beat Seattle that day just because of how well they played. In Seattle's mind, they were probably glad they didn't have to play the Cowboys again. And I think San Francisco you need to have that same kind of thought. Find a way to win this game, find a way to create a little doubt, get people off your back at the end of the year if you have to play them again that you know it's well, Hey, these two teams matched up a great Dallas victory. You know the positivity that way. You lose this football game and you lose it bad. Now that the doubt even is deeper in your son.
Speaker 8: Well, is that whole build up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, two years in a row they get beat last year. I mean Cowboys were able to backup quarterback or not they were able to beat Philly. So it's just a factor of two years in a row.
Speaker 2: They Every season, you have a win you probably shouldn't have gotten and you have a loss you shouldn't have had. I think Dallas just had their loss they shouldn't have had with Arizona. This could very well be the win that they probably didn't think they were going to get when you started going when loss when when you're starting to do that and you're breaking down the schedule.
Speaker 5: For me, bottom line is Philadelphia isn't the boogieman for the Cowboys and forty nine ers? All right? Are the boogeyman right now? All right, that's a wrap. We'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 9: We'll start getting into Cowboys versus forty nine ers. Tomorrow we'll get into the Cowboys offense versus at top forty nine ers defense. We'll be back till tomorrow for Patrick Walker, Brian brought Us Ambergarcim Derek Eilton. This has been the Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football club