Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte? Welcome back everybody to are you a Charlotte Today? Part two of Molly Rogers and I discussing the fashion of season three. Now I have a little bit of a fun thing to talk about really quick. We go to La in this season. Isn't that bizarre?
Speaker 2: I was shocked when I saw your photos that the la happened that early. That's what I think too, Like I feel like we would have had would have had to earn it like season four.
Speaker 1: Like no, I mean we were just rolling with it all right, Like we were just like, wooo, we're going out and look at this crazy set about fits. This is when Charlotte has not arrived yet, right because I'm back there with with Trey and Kim is in like full body blue le may. I don't know ones I mean, this is when we're.
Speaker 2: Going my god, do you remember that line called Mandalay on like the seventh floor of Bloomingdale's or something. Mandalay Oh no, that was a century Mandalay. Wow, that's today's she moved oh shine or whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Sheen and Sheen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's so Mandalay is today's sheen.
Speaker 1: Wow. And what is Sir Jessica wearing? It looks like she's taken like a blanket or a or a branny granny core.
Speaker 2: That was the really dear friend of Pats called who she who was Iranian? Who was painting Iranian women in burka like very political, And Sarah Jessica was into it. And she actually wore one of his vests in the movie in Morocco. Amazing woman. Yeah, and he made this. Yeah, you can see the rose and the woman. It's very I see an old Persian image.
Speaker 1: How beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's when Pat wore a name necklace that said Allah God is good. And the elevator guy was Islamic and he's told Pat in the elevator, I'll cut your neck. He thought that was very very.
Speaker 1: You know, disrespectful. Listen, this is some foreshadowing here, okay, of where we're gonna go in the second movie. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I told the second ad Peter Saldo, that this man was gonna slit Pat's throat open because of her necklace. Peter got rid of him. And when Pat and I got into the elevator again, the guy that was standing there said, I'm his brother. You're very good.
Speaker 1: It's really good. It's a really good story. I mean, these are things that happened. Now, other important question, how did a mass match shoes come about?
Speaker 2: You know how you're trying you do the same thing in your fittings. You have one on one and one on the other, and you're like, which one did I like, what do you think with the left? What do you think with the right? Why do we have to choose?
Speaker 1: That's really lovely. I love it. It's very sar Juska. It's very sar Juska. You don't have to choose, baby, that's what you say. You don't have to choose.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I love that we got that in. There was such a short list of things that we wanted to get in and sometimes you got it.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, to do I'm so glad because.
Speaker 2: That fork in the Remember the fork in Carrie's clutch bag. No, she was like, I want to go out to dinner and take take some silverware from the restaurant, like people, you know, you steal the napkin from the monkey club or whatever. So she had a see through clutch and there was a fork in it. What you didn't know.
Speaker 1: How did I miss this? I've got to find it. Now we're gonna find it. Okay. Another question, important question, the fake Fendy. Why did what? What? What were we up to here?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine that Findy was happy with us, who were big Findy lovers, and here we were doing the the knockoff?
Speaker 1: I know. But in the end, don't we don't we come out on the side that you shouldn't buy the Knockoffs?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't watched it yet, you know.
Speaker 2: Samantha is identified as she sees a girl at the Playboy Mansion with that has stolen her Findy and the girl's like, yours isn't even real, you know, So it was that got it?
Speaker 1: Can I say? This little crochet thing that I'm wearing I still have. It's really tiny and sometimes I go to get it out and I'm like, I don't even know why I have this. Here's why I have it?
Speaker 2: Incredible? Is that a dress?
Speaker 1: No, it's just like a little crop top. Like my daughter would probably love it, but I wouldn't want her to wear it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're wearing a crop top in the cafe at the standard Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't know what I'm wearing on the bottom half. Like, it's super fascinating. I haven't rewatched this episode yet.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see it me too.
Speaker 1: And also you've got Kim and a visor. You know, Pat's visor obsessed, as we.
Speaker 2: Know, visor obsessed. Who's is that Louis Vouton?
Speaker 1: It looks like it. Yeah, I remember she's in.
Speaker 2: A bathing suit. You're in a bathing suit. Everybody's dressed for California. That's what you guys look like they're in the cafe scene.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Definitely, I'm gonna rewatch it to figure out what the heck we're doing. I mean, coming up, we're gonna be We're gonna be walking, We're we're walking through I remember this too, man, this crazy outfit, I mean like it was yesterday, right, and us in that Playboy mansion. What a super Zorro experience.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could not believe that we were gonna shoot there. I have a great picture of me in half and his three girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, lord, lord lord.
Speaker 2: Did you ever go into the house where the girls stayed and there's that whole room that's all carpet.
Speaker 1: We had to sit in there. It was all green room.
Speaker 2: Oh was it?
Speaker 1: Yes? The game room? Oh yeah, and they had like X rated sculptures that were like inside glass in the like there's like a conversation pit I use quotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a perfect name for that.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we were kind of stressed in that room, I have to say. And at the time I remember that I was very kind of against it all. But I was I was like alone in it being against it. And we know so much more now, and we know that they weren't all thrilled. But when you were there, you could tell that those girls it was it was those girls were happy.
Speaker 2: No high high competitiveness. Hi, Now, what happens to you at that pool party? You're with some guy laying on towels and pillows.
Speaker 1: Do you remember I haven't rewatched it, Charlotte.
Speaker 2: You ditch him yet? You ditch him or something something because I'm married clean.
Speaker 1: I think I'm married and I'm having problems or.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what it is, because he's adorable and you're all excited and then I think you kick him to the curb. Could be wrong, but oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, you're not thinking of my weird time that I pretend to be twenty five in the Hamptons and I get gloves from that guy.
Speaker 2: No, I just watched that recently. That is a great episode.
Speaker 1: It's so bizarre episode that episode. Oh thank you, babe. I think I seem like I'm on acid or something in that episode, you know what I mean. I'm like, you know, it's hilarious. But I'm also wearing Shoshana. Do you remember when Shoshana was. I don't know if she still makes clothes, but this bikini jump is Shoshana. And I love sho it because it fit me. It was for women with you know, bodies, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it had that little preppy print it often reached for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here, we've got the cherries.
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 1: We really did? I think I have some of those.
Speaker 2: She had that classic halter top, yeah, ress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I still have This is my own sorong that I still have. And I was just so happy I got to wear it because I remember just being panicked.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you had yeah, I remember you were looking for something.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that it worked out. And I think Cynthia might have this. I don't know if she has this dress, but she should have this dress because it's fantastic. I don't know who made it is.
Speaker 2: Look at those Miranda colors.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous, so gorgeous. Everybody looked so great.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: And the thing I remember, and I don't know what your thoughts are on this, because once we got to be doing and just like that, obviously I was more paying attention to what you were having to go through in terms of getting everybody kind of modulated to each other. But back in the olden days, how much of the overall look were you stressing about?
Speaker 2: You know, I want to say that you really had on in just like that, a very finely tuned professor producer hat like you looked at the bigger picture.
Speaker 1: Well that's the fun of it, right, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was cool. You knew you wanted to know what was going on in the world. I think always if you're asking this, you know, it was so helpful to always get Sarah Juska first and fit her and know what she was wearing, and then Pat could art direct the coffee shop. She's in stripes, you're in polka dots, this one's in purple, and that one's in chinchilla whatever, and I think it helped to always be able to, you know, plant carry and then do it art direction wise on everyone else.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, right now.
Speaker 2: It was such a great thing that everybody had their own lane and no one ever would wear someone else's style. You just couldn't swap them like a lot of times you can on television.
Speaker 1: That is so true. That is so true. There are little things though, like we did jump around a bit. But when we're on the boat where we have just gotten tray and I'm wearing this beautiful dulce print, like like Sherbert colored print.
Speaker 2: And then uh, huh do you remember this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I remember this. This was really fun. We're on a boat in the Hudson River and we had to keep turning around so that the background match right. So it was a long day on the boat, and Kyle was new right, like this is maybe his second episode, right, So it was really really fun. So I'm wearing the Stulci dress, which I think I really was so excited that I got to have a Dulce dress, right, But then I'm cold, So I have a pajmina, which was not really in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean pash mina is really like a thing.
Speaker 1: There were such a thing, such such a thing, such a thing.
Speaker 2: As she just got on a Bulgary Nazi. There that's another tail. You've got a pash mina. It's like starting to get expensive. She's wearing a Bulgary necklace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good one. Yeah, I love.
Speaker 2: That that pink preppy.
Speaker 1: I know. I think it's pink and brown Molly like literally, I think he's wearing a brown suit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, with pink. That is crazy. With her scarf neck, Oh my gosh, that is a crazy one.
Speaker 1: I know it right right right. We have so many, so so many lipsticks spurts, I know, let's talk about that. Do you remember when I called and I was like, I need to have this skirt.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have. I didn't think that you could have found a better skirt.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. They Pat was like, now oh I have it. I wear it. Oh yeah, yeah, I mean judiciously, you know, special occasions. And I love the prod of bowling bag, which I didn't get to keep. Of course, it's funny because there's no belt, like what came over Pat. I think it was because we had to have matching because I was falling in the street the stunt. Yeah right, because normally she would have had some five inch belt on there, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And I love that you're in the classic white blouse.
Speaker 1: I know I have that too. I have that too. I wore that when Meghan This Dying came on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, You've had such amazing guests.
Speaker 1: Thank you. But I was like, I don't know why I wore it for Megan. Megan does not care. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Hilarious?
Speaker 1: I know it, I know, thank you, Thank you, babe. Okay, wait, let's talk about did you know that I had Chloe mal on the podcast before she got named head of O. I didn't even know that she was online. You know, Chloe who did I know? Sir Jessica. Sir Jessica told me Sas was like, Chloe's going to be the new editer. I was like, oh my god, I can't believe you know this. And cool for Chloe because she's very, very cool and she's Kansas's daughter, so of course we love her and we had asked her in advance, you know, what costumes, what clothes would you like to talk about from the show, and so she sent things that were so unexpected, and for Charlotte, she basically sent all of my vintage nightgowns.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a story.
Speaker 1: I know, very interesting.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a whole topic.
Speaker 1: It is a whole topic, and luckily I have most of them, except I do not have this tacky thing. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was looking at that from the pictures that you sent, which I am looking at now that how.
Speaker 1: Did we come up with?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Is very salacious and I remember being super stressed about it, like you must been, so yeah, so self conscious. And also I remember calling my manager because I think, I think possibly that Pat felt like I should not be wearing underwear.
Speaker 2: I'm that sounds totally correct. I am not going to change your statement at all. That sounds like something why what's wrong with a nipple? R?
Speaker 1: And or an other thing?
Speaker 2: Exactly? I don't you know. It's so interesting that Chloe would say the nightgown story because you took your moments in your bedroom or washing your face or whatever was happening in your private inner home, and you made that a real scene that we could shop for.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. You guys made it.
Speaker 2: Not me, not me, one of us would ever pass up a pajama set.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know that was fun times, but even by that, it was more the vintage, the vintage you nineties that you guys found.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they look incredible on you?
Speaker 1: Thank you baby? Where did you find them? Where did you go?
Speaker 2: Everywhere? As I remember everywhere, I can't. Nothing really pops out in my head like we would, you know, put that on the shopping list and say we have to stop by blah blah blah. Right, but I'm sure everywhere because Pat was such a vintage.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, Yeah, thank goodness. Now let me ask you this. This is the season where I remember that we had a lot of more people on the costume roster.
Speaker 2: You know, you are devilish.
Speaker 1: I am devilish, It's true, but just for just for everyone, because I think it's interesting. So there's Pat and there was you, and then explain the the other parts of the department.
Speaker 2: Season three was Pat her girlfriend of I don't know how many years Noca.
Speaker 1: Rebecca's not still there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Season three, yes, no ouz. Pat decided to give a raise and a punch up to one of the drivers of the van, and he became a shopper along with someone else and it was so contentious.
Speaker 1: So wait, wait, wait, wait wait, I did not remember that Rebecca stayed along this long, like I thought she was gone season one.
Speaker 2: No, she was there when the two shoppers got bumped up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so okay, so wait, okay, let's let's rehash a little bit. So we've we've got you guys at the top, and then we've got Taylor's over here. We've got our dressers on stage, though at that point we didn't each have a dresser. We were I don't know if Meyli was with us. I think she was, and I think we were all fighting over Melee. We all wanted Melee to dress us, right, And we had Kevin. Kevin was still around, yes, and he can sew and also like help with emergencies or whatever, and this right right, and then we had shoppers and and like once we get to him just like that, like I had my own shopper, which was fantastic. Right, are you laughing at me? Right?
Speaker 2: It's fun at the setup of this structure that year.
Speaker 1: I know it's interesting because this is when I remember it actually kind of becoming much more functional in some ways. But then also maybe because past dysfunctional. Yes, there's some dysfunction also in it. I think because of the success also, don't you think? Yeah, like, and people were kind of drawn and coming, Like there was a certain point where I remember you guys had a bunch of interns. I don't think it had happened yet, right, Like when did those come?
Speaker 2: You could still you could still have interns and not pay them and work them for hours. And I have a letter. I have a letter in my memento box with all those magazines, and there's a letter from an intern saying I can no longer work here because of the way I've been treated. I was told to never look at the actors in their eyes. What it's the funniest But whoever said that? No one? But it's just, oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't remember anyone saying anything like that.
Speaker 2: It goes on and on about the abuse they suffered as an intern with us. Oh it's so good. It's like what's her name that everybody's in love with right now? That has the pr company that she comes and says crazy stuff like there's no crying in fashions.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I love her so much.
Speaker 2: What's her name? Your name? I do?
Speaker 1: I do I do. She was like last week or whatever. It was all over Instagram. That was really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I love her. Anyways, those days where you could be like, no, no one goes to the bathroom and no one eats until this stuff is checked in.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Pat has has has taken a driver and decided we we love this driver and we're going to give this driver a raise. And then one of the shoppers, who we will not name, gets gets kind of chummy with the driver who's been promoted, and they feel disgruntled in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they feel also that they all of a sudden, the power of getting the promotion from driver to shopper it went to their heads and they wanted to overthrow the Pat government.
Speaker 1: Oh, after you've gotten a promotion from Bat you want to overthrow Pat? That is not all it will, thank God. I mean, so that's bumkers.
Speaker 2: Didn't quite work out. But your first strategy to go to Sarah Jessica and tell her that Pat drank too much.
Speaker 1: Away from the mic when I laughed? What did that say?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What did what did Pat say? What did Sara Jessica say? What happened?
Speaker 2: Pat found out about the mutiny and I just don't. It just was so awful and unpleasant, and you were always having to watch your back, and they wanted they wanted everyone gone, they wanted to take over. They were better than Pat, they were smarter than Pat.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 2: It was really a crazy I wow, wow. I mean I've worked on things where assistance one show in Atlanta where an assistant was determined to get rid of me and take my job, and she did. And people like that can make things miserable because they ingratiate themselves to the actors and the producers and spin this image of themselves as I'm the only person who knows sneakers, or I'm the I am the sneaker head, or i am the queen of all couture, and you can do without them, and it is so unpleasant.
Speaker 1: It's awful. It's awful.
Speaker 2: Clearly, the season three was rocky.
Speaker 1: Wow. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: And we were nervous getting Yeah, we were we were just blowing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then so obviously.
Speaker 2: They're not like that now, these folks.
Speaker 1: But they're still working. Oh yeah, ooh, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: They matured. Thank God didn't ruin them, Pat didn't bury them. Pat was a confident person who was like live and let live.
Speaker 1: Wow pretty much.
Speaker 2: Pat was always like that in her store or anybody like did something heinous, Pat would forgive and give them a chance, you know, but this was next level.
Speaker 1: Wait, clearly these people who went to Sir Jessica didn't really understand Sir Jessica would never like the dynamics.
Speaker 2: They they thought they were really worth. Oh, they thought they could overthrow.
Speaker 1: That's some serious ego. Because Sir Jessica was so loyly.
Speaker 2: Pat like, oh my gosh, so loyal, so loyal, and yeah it was. I was so miserable season three. So when you sent me all these pictures of clothes, I'm like, look at what we accomplished while we were getting our knives in our backs.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that it was this bad. I really didn't. I'll tell you the thing about me when I think about season three. First of all, when I look back and one of my absolute favorite outfits I don't think is in our pile, which is when she's wearing the green shorts and she loses the dog and she runs through the village. I love that outfit so much. And I see that outfit online still like like they're like Zoe Kravitz is wearing you know, a carry ask outfit, like it really lives on you know. But to me, first of all, Season three to me is when as a show, as the writing and the directing and the acting, everything gels very, very powerfully, and the costumes bump everything up like just in a beautiful out of the normal way, like just from left field, Like everything is so great. And I remember at the time, you know, when she wears that green skirt that you found at Centry twenty one with a little ruff on the back. I think it's Westwood, right, I was like, that's weird, Like, you know, me, my southern conservative self, I'm like that that's too much. I'm so stupid, right, I'm really but I would never say that out loud, right because obviously I was like, you guys are the masters. I don't know nothing, you know. Yeah, I want to look back on it. It's like so creative and amazing.
Speaker 2: So get perfect to get scared by a rat in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so perfect to get scared by a rat in? Oh wait, your newspaper? How did this happen?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Pat was in really thick with that lovely, lovely Asian girl that ran the Dior showroom, who also is the type of person who there are no rules. What do you want? Take it until you've finished shooting it. Wow, you don't need to bring it back until you've gotten it. On the show Nice a free for all, and John Galliano loved this girl Nice so anytime she would ring Paris and say send me more rings and send me more bags, and they were on it amazing. She had such good people connections there and that is where that came from.
Speaker 1: I love it so much, Yes, I love it so much.
Speaker 2: It's all sale on first DIBs, I believe for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Insane? Is this since Jenner or Tega wore it?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Part of me, Like with Jenna Ortega, I felt like, okay, that's homage. Like she's absolutely paying homage to carry That's how I felt when I saw it. Did you not for me?
Speaker 2: It takes away from the importance of it when you wear it for two seconds on a carpet, and then that's how you like. I don't. I find that to be so throwaway?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: That's just how I look at.
Speaker 1: It, I know. I mean, I will say I do think that the red carpet situation has accelerated in kind of a lunatic way beyond and it is just a moment, right, But now if you look at even just like press tours like these, you know, gimmicky press tours are all the rage, right with like.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna wear tennis stuff challengers and blah blah yeah and dune We're gonna right yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, like it's it's it's quite something. But to me, I think that's somewhat And tell me what you think. Remember when we went back to work after COVID and all of the houses were suffering, you know, suffering to the point where they only had one set of samples. Remember you find something they say like, oh, we can't afford to make more than one set of samples. And in China exactly exactly, or it was in Palm Beach trying to be sold or whatever the heck.
Speaker 2: Right, yea, And it was kind of scary.
Speaker 1: Like I really felt like, well, that whole beautiful part of the industry is at risk, right, So I feel like they had to try to find a way. And the way was, who can we get on the carpet wearing you know the latest thing or you know whatever, and then I feel like, really creative stylus is like law, you know, have gone to the vintage, which you know, we know has always been a Trevor trove of beauty and genius.
Speaker 2: Right right, And they're really harvesting the vintage, which is also kind of concerning in a way. But what also is happening, Kristen is when I, let's say, I want to borrow the Valentino red gown while I'm doing a speaking engagement that Nicole ri Parker wore a Cross Park Avenue. Yeah, a lot of houses are saying, no, we're not loaning anything that hasn't been done by the current designer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because they've all changed designers.
Speaker 2: It's such gotten very very narrow as to they don't promote, they don't want to promote like the image of the house. It's all about the current creative director.
Speaker 1: Well then that's just interesting. It is interesting, And that's why I think vintage is actually important because that's a way for you to say, well, you know, we we like to honor this person or you know what I'm trying to say, like you know, because you can't all have it be there's not enough to go around of last the last show, you know.
Speaker 2: In no way and to remain nameless. But a very very huge, popular fashion show happened just a little bit ago, and I was told, make sure you text me backstage as the piece is walking. Wow, because when that show's over, the stuff is spoken.
Speaker 1: For good Lord, that's crazy. And did you get what you wanted for what you need?
Speaker 2: Ma'am oh no, ma'am oh no, No, it was like, no, no, that's going to can wow.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: No, it's very intense. It's very intense. That's why I don't even go well, I don't even want to go to events. Oh, let's talk about Richard Tyler for a second, because I don't think that people know who Richard Tyler is.
Speaker 2: No, it'sn't that something like I don't know how successful he ever got. But he was a big name in LA.
Speaker 1: And he was a big name for us because Carrie wore him, and then I ended up wearing him to our very first Golden Globes because I didn't have a stylist and he's here in LA and he had a shop on Melrose and I went in and tried on things that were like in the store, you know what I mean. So I go to the Golden Globes and there's another woman at the Golden Globes wearing my same dress because it was from the store, and she just bought it, like no offense to her obviously, you know what I mean. And I think we just kind of waved at each other like sheepishly, you know what I'm saying. We didn't take a picture like how you would do now, right, but we were kind of like HI saying. But he was the nicest, nicest man, and such a brilliant tailor, Like such a brilliant tailor. And I remember, Sir Jessica wore.
Speaker 2: Him to.
Speaker 1: An awards thing, yeah, like when she won maybe the Golden Globes the next year, and I also wore him, but I can't remember which one it was. Maybe it was this red dress, maybe it was the first Golden Globes. And I remember going to return my dress and she had been so nervous. You know, she loves her perfume. Obviously she'd sprayed her whole dress with perfume because that's what she does when she's nervous. When I walked in the store. The whole store smelled like Sarajuska amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that she's always a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's really good with her sense exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this dress. Isn't it true that you only had one and they fall in the fond? Knew you had more?
Speaker 2: Okay, there were three?
Speaker 1: Oh three?
Speaker 2: Actually beautiful.
Speaker 4: You know you never have to you never ever have to use it because you know what stops them from resetting the hair and makeup are gonna say it's gonna take us two hours, and so they're like, no, we're getting it in one because they would never.
Speaker 1: Wait, they would never But also they were brilliant in that one day they didn't need to be doing anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, that was so great.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the remember that.
Speaker 2: Day like yesterday too. This three is really coming up.
Speaker 1: It's a lot up.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Season three is a lot And what do you remember about it? I remember the fear of her getting getting cut in the water and than pointing hydrogen peroxides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember them giving them ear plugs so they didn't get any bacteria coming through their orifices. O.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's buddy.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: This reminds me of a different really great product, sorry not product Charlotte dress that I remember complaining about.
Speaker 2: What were you complaining about this?
Speaker 1: I was complaining because I pass got me. I know, it's fantastic. I should have kept my little mouth shut. Pat's got a big, long ponytail. I think this is also when she was loving for those short bangs, right, which of course I said no to. But the thing that I think of when I look at this outfit, this is in the gallery and it's one of those ones where all of us are together and Willie's there, and it's a great lineup of outfits. I'm going to find the picture in a second. But the thing that I think about this one. First of all, it's a great shape. I love the whole thing. Now when I look at it, I think I felt insecure. And I'm wearing hoop ear rings, which you know Pat made me do because I don't ever wear hoop earrings like this. No, but I love it. I love it, And she made me wear this whole long fake ponytail. And I remember saying like Charlotte wouldn't do this, no, no, no, But it looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: I was so silly, it does. I love, love, love this dress on you. I mean, what a gallerina.
Speaker 1: I know, it's so good, it's so good. I don't know where the group photo is, but do you remember the group photo. It's one they use a lot, you know, like in retrospect.
Speaker 2: Remember it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know where it went.
Speaker 2: I remember. It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: It's also like an iconic lineup of you guys. It is everybody's in their style lane.
Speaker 1: Everyone's in their style lane, and it's beautifully are directed in terms of how we all go together by you guys, you know, which, you know. I don't think people realize how hard that is and how much added work that is in a way that I think people are just watching the show and just thinking that it just happens or whatever, right, I mean, right, yeah, it's tough. You got to, Like I remember, you guys. You know, we would have like three or four fittings or whatever, just because you know, we had to fine tune, or we might have to change something based on what someone else is wearing, or you know.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you guys gave us that much time.
Speaker 1: Oh we did. I do remember.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: It is incredible. And one time I did get in some serious trouble because we were at Silver Cup and it was one of those times when I was supposed to go to a fitting after work, but I got done with work at two in the morning, and I assumed I was going to go home, and they were like, oh, no, no, you have to go to costume now. And I was like, it's two in the morning.
Speaker 2: Now, we were waiting for you.
Speaker 1: You were there waiting for me, and I was like, you got you And I was like, you guys, it's like sole lt do I have to go? And then word got around to certain people that I had complained and I was in the doghouse. I was seriously in the doghouse for like a week. I know, I know, but I.
Speaker 2: Was like, we didn't want you when you were exhausted. We didn't want you to come in and not be able to pull stuff over your You know, that was bad for everybody.
Speaker 1: It was, but we didn't really have a chance. We didn't have a chance. We didn't have options.
Speaker 2: You know, if you were working every day in that episode, no.
Speaker 1: No, oh, you wrote I want to ask you about this outfit. I love this outfit. There's a lot of three Season three. What I was going to say about season three that I remember, I did not know about how much drama you guys were going through. I remember that it was like so much storyline for me, right, like Charlotte had never had this big of a storyline, like the whole tray thing. And it was also like just such a glorious, intense summer. I barely remember what was going on in the bigger picture. I just remember being just so excited about my own stuff and just trying to get through it or do it well or you don't. I'm saying, like, like I kind of tuned out a lot. It was very focused, but it was real I had to for sure, and it was they were asking more of me, so I was, you know, trying to make sure I gave it well. But when I did rewatch, it was fun because I didn't remember a lot of other people's storylines. Like I didn't remember like when Carrie and Agent start dating me, he won't have sex with her. She wears this and it's like cut on this. Oh, it's incredible and it's embroidered like hand, and I don't know who made this thing? But it is so good. It is so good.
Speaker 2: I looked at that when you sent that picture and I was like micro micro mini on Carrie, Big.
Speaker 1: Time is because she's trying to get him to have sex with her and he won't have sex with her, that crazy man. And they make out in the doorway and it's very hot wow. And then he leaves and it gets her. She's so confused, like what am I doing wrong? What is going on? And he says, he said, d'ft this crazy speech he gives her, like, you know, Carrie, I just want to you know, I've done it. I've done sex quickly and you know how he talks like kind of slow back. Then Yeah, I just want to make sure you know that I, you know, feel something for you and I feel like you're someone I could care about, he says, and she's like, okay, like it's pretty pretty odd. Wow, I know I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember that part.
Speaker 1: Oh do you remember the opera? I do, actually gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I killed myself to get you Geel's opera glasses.
Speaker 1: I remember that and they were good because that was part of the plot. She had to see Big and Natasha thinlasses and they were beautiful, vintage, like the mother of Pearl.
Speaker 2: Remember what you were wearing? Yeah, so classic, Charlotte.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a Chanell like short kind of corset chaffon thing that I still own that I love very much. And I do think that you actually got me in an actual fur. I'm very sorry everyone who loves animals. I do believe I'm wearing an actual fur. It was very hard to say no again to Pat. But it does look beautiful.
Speaker 2: That was vintage.
Speaker 1: It does look vintage. It's very very old fashioned. And then this, I think is Doulce Sarah's beautiful dress. It's so hard.
Speaker 2: I remember that I could be wrong. We can, somebody can tell us. But I remember we went through an animal and Nari face with.
Speaker 1: Yes because she wore Animinal mullinary to the Emmys, that yellow dress. Do you remember the yellow beaded like bugle bes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first time we go to the Emmy, Sarah is wearing animalulinary and everybody was like.
Speaker 2: Who but that actually looks like it does have a Dulce bra, doesn't.
Speaker 1: It It does. I feel like it's Dulce. But I really could be wrong. I really could be wrong. I love animal I just.
Speaker 2: Love that I pulled that name up.
Speaker 1: You did, you did well, You did really well. My producers love this picture of Miranda, which I think is so hysterical because she has a scarf tied around her neck and what does that make you think of Molly?
Speaker 2: Well, between this scarf around her neck and that hairdo.
Speaker 1: Who is she?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: She could have played Charlotte. And then just like that, because remember my scarf storylines that we got rid of the story. This is the pretend story. It's your absolute Yes, she wears this scarf and then she still has it on when they have sex, when she's pretending to be the shortest and she's got some crazy hair. This is what it is. You're so smart that you pulled that out. Oh my gosh, this is a good shot of the Bulgary necklace. I remember the Bulgary. Weren't there relatives of this necklace?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I believe so.
Speaker 1: Like she had a bunch and they were like very we were very excited that we got a hold of them.
Speaker 2: It's like finding jewelry for four distinct characters was always such pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but then think about like when we didn't just like that, Oh my gosh, the embarrassment of riches.
Speaker 2: I mean god, there was just the plethora.
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: The Jewelry game is like the Beauty Game, now a whole different story.
Speaker 1: It is a totally different story, and a good one. Wait, this is my all time favorite outfit. I so forgot about this.
Speaker 2: I love, oh my, this is diabolical.
Speaker 1: It happen. I love the hair, I love all of it. How did the tights happen with the jeans skirt?
Speaker 2: I'm sure that looks like a Rebecca move.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that looks like something Rebecca would be into.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You did a belt around your You did a belt around your waist walking down the street. Let's do this. That's what people do with their pantyhose.
Speaker 1: I don't remember this at all at the time. I think it's really funny.
Speaker 2: She has an open toad shoe on with stockings. This is like, whatever rule there is, we're gonna break it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I think that's where I like a diabolical But she looks fantastic. So who cares people who dress up like this for Halloween?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, a shiny brawl like that, she wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be I mean, I know, can you imagine it's like a Victory's secret brought? Like what on earth? Like we lost our minds a little bit in this season, you know, yeah, but in the best possible way. Look, here's the bulvery necklace again with the DVF. We've got a lot of Sarah and DVF carry carries in a lot of DVF this season.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, that's I mean, I can see how I mean that that holds up, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so amazing dress. And also like DVF for the show, so perfect in terms of who she is and who she designed for.
Speaker 2: Right, look at Miranda's work.
Speaker 1: Look, this is a good Miranda's work. Look really good. It's really really good. This is when I think she's talking about how Steve is a child. I could be wrong, but Steve is around, you know, looking adorable, but also acting very very childish occasionally, which is also pretty funny, pretty funny. Okay, wait, now I'm getting to episodes that I haven't rewatched yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, where are you what are you looking at?
Speaker 1: I'm I've got this one picture of Carrie. I don't have any idea what the heck, she's wearing here.
Speaker 2: That was some maybe related to the Iranian oh Nito.
Speaker 1: Possibly incredible incredible.
Speaker 2: Look her d string showing.
Speaker 1: Ooh, this is so nineties. The thing that I think of here when I look at Samantha, because she's in all one color and then she's got like a it looks like a I don't know what bag it is, maybe of Bhutan or whatever, but it's starting her. Remember how eventually she would be wearing head to toe logos really Oh yeah, like I feel like Celene maybe or something Uchi maybe. I mean at a certain point, man. And I wonder what people are going to say about that when we get back through it.
Speaker 2: It was a label on Label Crime.
Speaker 1: I know, label and La Crime. But she could pull it off, you know, she could pull it off. And it kind of made sense, you know what I was thinking about too, you know what I think that people. I don't know if people still know this or not about and just like that, because I just saw because I talk about this now and so my Instagram is all full of this, right and I saw this really adorable kind of template of Carrie in and just like that, it was like four outfits and the hat is there the Holly Hobby hat, and they were I don't know if they were all from the last season. They might have been all over the place. But I don't know if people realize what you guys were doing with her silhouette and her overall look in the final season.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't think that translated that she was writing that book and it was influencing her silhouette, right choice, because it was kind of seeping into her. But it was fun.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun? But this is what I think about it. People might not realize it intellectually because I didn't even realize it intellectually until the cat dress that she wears to my birthday party at her house, because it had that bustle and I had seen it upstairs. Because you guys had to really remake that dress, Like you had to work for a while on that dress.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, we did, right?
Speaker 1: And I was like, what is going on here? And then I was like, oh, my god, is because of the book she's reliving. She's living in this old, you know, historical brownstone in Gramercy. She's writing a book about a woman going through the turn of the century and those different things, and her silhouette is changing as a result of this, and that is brilliant right that.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you a little story about that dress really quickly. That fabric is beyond belief. Up close it is metallic thread. It is stunning. And to even chop something on that dress to make it different in the front was wrecking my nerve. Then I didn't quite think we had nailed it. We sent Sja seven pictures of what the top could look like. It could be rooshed here, it could go here, it could do that. Okay, she chose one, and so we did it. I would say two months ago. I ran into the girl that showed it, that sold it to us in London, and she said, oh, I noticed you cut the cat's ears off on the sleeves. Oh no, it had little tabs here on this I she goes, those were the cat ears?
Speaker 1: Oh who knew? Oh no, well, listen, I think it.
Speaker 2: Was such a little peap tail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sad about the cartiers, but yeah.
Speaker 2: To touch that fabric was so frightened.
Speaker 1: But like, how old was it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea anything about it. We were mesmerized by the fabric. Adrian didn't have enough fabric to do one of the alts on it. We sent a scrap of it. Someone tried to recreate it and you can't tell it on the dress. There's a piece of fake cat fabric in there.
Speaker 1: Amazing. So you bought it in London at a vintage place. But we don't know the.
Speaker 2: Actual fabulous No, I don't know its provenance, but I should find out because that was it made us cat crazy. First of all, we were such I don't know, that's season three. We were crazy for cats. You know, we had them all on the pillows in her we went.
Speaker 1: I love it because she had a cat too, and or Loo, Yes, in real life, I love it. I love all those details. And I mean, I think it's interesting because on the one hand, everything is nitpicked and you know, analyzed, as we were saying. But then sometimes there's a bigger picture thing that is sure seen.
Speaker 2: Right the story which Michael Patrick always accuses me of not reading.
Speaker 1: No, you were always reading and doing your own version of it. And and that's where sir Jessica, you know, really like connects with you about the bigger picture. You know what's happening in the bigger picture, underneath what might be obvious.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just the lifetime thrill to shop for you, for you all. I mean, honestly, it really is the special moment in time.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it. And you know what I really loved, and my publicist also really loves the little show that you guys made, you and Danny where you go shopping around town.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys watched it.
Speaker 1: It was called what was it called Get the Look or something like this.
Speaker 2: I don't, yeah, something like that with Genesis the car.
Speaker 1: Yes, and those are some nice cars. And I remember when you were like, I don't know what's happening, and we're gonna drive around.
Speaker 2: Right we were kind of having to simulate each episode shopping for it. I didn't I don't know if we pulled it all or nothing.
Speaker 1: I totally did you know what you did? You can listen. I know the truth is maybe not that mare glamorous, right, like not possibly that glamorous. But on the other hand, people really don't understand what you guys do, right, And you have to go to jewelry shops and you have to go out to Brooklyn to like, you know, find like I remember one time you're really looking for some gloves. I think and you had to go like far, you know, like you're always on the search. So what whether it was like completely one accurate or not. I think it was a really lovely kind of like bird's eye view of Oh what do they do?
Speaker 2: What it takes? Yeah, the treasure hunt.
Speaker 1: And you know what else I wish we had footage of or more footage of, because I'm sure there's some footage of when you would come in. So every day when we would have had our fittings, probably more than one. You know, sometimes you would have a fitting like let's say it was my birthday dress. Right, we knew that was coming, We had idea. Maybe that wasn't what Michael Patrick saw. We had a process right, and we won, which was super exciting. I love that dress so much. It worked out, but like that will be over time, that will be each fitting will revisit that dress right, and then we'll think about accessories, shoes, jewelry, hair, tiara, blah blah blah. So it's a process. And then on the day of the first time you're putting on an outfit, they'll call Molly and Danny to come make sure everything's perfect. So maybe you might have jewelry choices that weren't totally decided yeah, right, or maybe they hadn't come yet, right, Like we might have gotten more jewelry like for Lighton's than something really special that you picked out in advance, and we have to look at it and so they'll come that morning. It's it's much more involved than I think. I think people think that we have one fitting and everything gets said and then they just hang it in your room. And it's not that, at least not with us.
Speaker 2: Right until it goes to camera, we still have the opportunity to make it just one more I remember us waiting and waiting and waiting for the perfect pink shoe to land for that. I don't know that we were hat We were waiting and waiting what else is going to come?
Speaker 1: It's true, It's true. That was a hard one. That was one of those scenes too, where you don't even I don't think you ever seen my shoes. That doesn't matter to your rest? Does it matter to you? I know, I love it. It's living in my closet, in that really lovely box. Yeah of course. Okay, good, let's talk about Alanis too. Do you remember anything about Alanis? This is when Carrie's wearing like gold boots and just to walk up this long stairwell to the like cool twenty something party, which is a very The whole episode is so prescient and could literally err today totally boy girl, boy girl.
Speaker 2: It's called oh yeah, now, that dress was Plether. It was highly highly flammable. It was purchased on probably fourteenth Street. Wow, it was scary, some kind of oleomargarine fabric, god only knows. And we stuck a flower on it.
Speaker 1: Amazing, it works.
Speaker 2: Imagine s J even she must have been horrified to wear that thing. It was so short. She looks fantastic, she looks really like a well because.
Speaker 1: She's dating that younger boy. You know, it looks like.
Speaker 2: A little story point. You're wearing something, you know.
Speaker 1: Yep, And didn't you have like a little damber jacket over it at one point in the stairwell?
Speaker 2: I think maybe, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty cute and very now like very now.
Speaker 2: Like plether from some rock let's say, trash in Vaudeville or somewhere. I love that thing like that.
Speaker 1: I love it so so so much. Oh my god, that's a good one. There's so many good ones. You know, we should touch really quick if you don't mind her crazy outfit on the roof. Remember she's got like flesh colored fish nets, Yeah, which I remember we were very obsessed with at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pat was, you guys were. And I'll never forget the shoe. It was a kind of a Wizard of Oz Dorothy. You look like you could do that a tap dance in them. And they were Sonia Riquiel and they were bizarre with that Louis Vouton.
Speaker 1: They were not I don't remember this Sonia Raquel made shoes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sarah and I both have those bags. And that's just me fully copying Sonia Raquel or copying Sir Jesska that she has it, because I didn't know who that was.
Speaker 2: That's such a great bag.
Speaker 1: I love that bag so much. It will live forever. I keep it in the special place. I love it all. And then and then Kim is wearing her her Marianne outfit and she looks fantastic. I'm wearing my Kovali.
Speaker 2: What look at Kim's hairstyle.
Speaker 1: I know it's hysterical, but it looks great. I love it so much, too, little ponytails. It's super cute. I know, I don't care. I think it's great. And it's almost like Carrie might have an orchid on, and you know she's anti orchid, which is kind of funny, but it's not her normal flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then Mianda's got like a like a picnic table looking.
Speaker 2: That looks so vintage, doesn't it. Yeah, what have you got on?
Speaker 1: I've got on the Kovali tiny top that I have here and some no name like like the gap the gap skirt or whatever that's too short. So I literally I'm I'm literally in the scene pulling my skirt down, like the one time that I'm on the chair by myself, and you can just tell him just dying, just dying that Pat's trying to show my.
Speaker 2: Legs wiggling and going crazy.
Speaker 1: Exactly and just trying not to have to move.
Speaker 2: What a hot, hot day that was.
Speaker 1: It was a hot, hot day. And I don't know how I walked around that day. I don't know what I did with myself. I might have covered myself up or something. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I loved every outfit, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Patricia. Right, that's right, Patty Pooh. I might put that old picture of YouTube up too on the Instagram. I love that picture that you sent me. And remember that one when I said, look for your old pictures. Oh, it's really cute. It's so cute, it's so cute. It's really good.
Speaker 2: There's not many of us.
Speaker 1: No, I know, it's hard because you guys were always working, you know, you were never holding still to get a photo.
Speaker 2: What a fun time. I'm so glad we got to talk about it.
Speaker 4: La.
Speaker 1: I know me too. I have fue go go go relax.
Speaker 2: Happy holidays, Happy holidays, baby,