Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pick. Sign up for Price Big Today and use the promo code leading Off. It is me Joey p Joe Pizipia, That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, all hanging out here talking some baseball, and we've got more baseball to talk about.
Speaker 2: I would like to change my name. I would like my name to be changed for the show. I'm going to get a new graphic. I would now like to be referred to as Ellie Dela Welsh. That is what it would be, Ellie Dela Welsh, in honor of the most exciting player in baseball.
Speaker 1: Ellie Dela Welsh. And I will be Joey Dela Cruz and then we can do the whole show the rest of the way, because it was exciting. A four hundred and fifty eight foot home run that almost left the stadium. A great call by the announcer too. That ball had a family, as Noah Cinderguard did not let me down. I picked it. I bet it Ellie Dela Cruz, win Yard Welsh. It was a good feeling, and it was a monumental blast for your first over.
Speaker 2: I text you immediately because I was sitting here doing some work and I was watching, and you know, sometimes I'm watching games and I got them on and I'm doing work and I'm not like fully engaged, I'm just listening. I turned over and I was like, all right, we got to watch this. He hit that ball. I swear to god, I was watching. I was like this. I was like, oh, Like I jumped, like I was terrified, Like somebody scared the crap out of me. That ball was murdered. Also low key hilarious was the kid that got the ball and negotiated with the Reds. I don't know if anybody saw this. I think on social media. This kid got the ball, the Reds negotiated, and not only like people were like, you could have got fifty one hundred thousand. He negotiated to meet Ellie after get a bat, a ball, and his entire crew that was with him, all these all his bros got to go and meet and he got a ball for each one of his buddies and the picture of Ellie with his whole true and every one of them have a baseball. It was pretty good, good vibes all around on Ellie. But boy, I feel way better about how I've been pontificating about Ellie and the excitement and maybe I've been a little over zealous. I don't feel so over zealous.
Speaker 1: Yes, And like every rookie, there's gonna be some ups and downs. I mean, that's just part of the rookie thing. And speaking of rookies, we'll get to the rookie lookie because we do have something to get to. But Jay here in the chat's got a question. Now that Ellie is called up, my na spot is available, who is the next big impact rookie lookie that I can stash. See it's a thing that I can actually stash and be worth adding to my roster. It's a ten person head to head league, So Welsh, I don't want to say the cupboard is bar because it's it's never bare when it comes to prospects. But I do feel like we've gotten We're in the first second week of June here, it does feel like we've gotten a lot of the prospects they were hoping for this year. But you're the prospect one host, You're the guy you're the guru, So who else should we be looking for in these scenarios where you have an NA spot and you can add somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we are a week away from me doing what I did last week and bitching and complaining if Christian and Carnolsi and Strand is not up like this is another red though. This is why the Reds are getting so exciting. As Ellie was putting up one twelves, he's putting up one tens like this guy is ready to go. Maybe the only problem is it's like, what are they going to do? I still say Strand comes up and he's the DH. He's the guy. He's an easy DH play. He could play a little, he could play third, he could play first. It gives him more flexibility. Joey Vado's looming, So I think that's kind of a problem. Ces. I've been calling for frickin' ever, so you know this is an easy one on the pitching side. Yes, thank you, By the way, that is the best compliment here is a rare slas couple days. Thank you. I'm we're going for it. We're going and we're gonna keep it going here. Thank you for all the comments. It makes me feel good. Gavin Williams. Somebody put it in the chat. Clearly, Gavin Williams. He is the top prospect of prospect, number one pitcher that's out there. He's in Triple A, he's slapping. It's just a matter of like, what is this team gonna do? You know what Aaron Savale is pitching today. He might be one of those biggest pieces that might get kicked if Gavin Williams were to come up, So watch and see if he gets kicked around. But Gavin Williams, Christian and Carlossi on strand, those are the two hitter pitcher prospects, the top of the heap at least, not that there's not other guys, but those would be the big two I'd focus on.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I've been on a heater Welsh these last couple of days. Yeah you have, man, I mean it is woo ooh the numbers are And of course I've reinvested into NFL because that's what I do. I take this money from here and I'm investing in all my NFL stuff. And there's even a free actually I used my free They gave me a free ten dollars bet yesterday on on FanDuel and I went ahead and I used it on the Alto Cruiz Homer, which was great. It was like three to one odds on that are pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great play. Anytime you can bet against now it's Cinergard. If you guys remember my bet. My play into that game was My favorite bet of the day was Red team total runs through the first five innings of two and a half. We got that. We got that the third inning after they scored six. So that was my investment in it. Anytime you can go get SnO Cyndergard, here's a sad piece. We won't be able to do it too much longer because No Cyndergard is not too much longer for this league.
Speaker 1: And yeah, also a bunch of games canceled yesterday. It was weird here in New Jersey. It looked like tattooine.
Speaker 2: Two different games canceled today. Yeah, you guys are going right thing.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I walked. I took a picture of it too, and I sent it in our slack channel on the random channel there. But it was crazy yesterday. I mean, it looked like some weird post apocalyptic thing to smell. Yeah, it was very But yesterday the sun was setting, I took out the trash and I swear to God, it was like this weird sun haze thing. It looked like Luke Skywalker when he was looking out at Tattooine and I was out there trying to you know, I went to the Tashi station to pick up some power converters, you know, because I just got those new droids. And I looked outside and well, that's that's from Star Wars. That's what he says. You know, Oh okay, he's all complaining. He's like, but I was going to.
Speaker 2: Go to the Tashi station because the confirms aaah thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, No, No, the Tohi station is right next to the wah wah that's where it is. But it was it's been so weird, and you know, I know what the people have breathing issues and things like that. They cancel all the after school activities here in the area. There's no sports being played. Nobody went outside. They would give a mask. Now we're wearing masks to go outside. That's that's how weird things have gotten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say be safe everybody, because like you know, like air quality rating around one hundred is not great. And in Washington when they canceled the Diamondbacks game today, three hundred over three hundred, and I believe in I don't New York message, I don't even know. I don't even know who's all getting hit. It was like three p fifty seven, Like it is massively insane air quality stuff that's going on. So godspeed, and I think the second game, I believe it was the Rockies and whoever maybe just got canceled. I thought someone in the chat. I'm not sure if that's a fact, but I know.
Speaker 1: For sure the Nationals one is canceled again. That that I saw that it was the national No, what was it that was? I just saw it.
Speaker 2: I thought something the official one.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's significantly better here right now. So they're hoping they're gonna get the Yankee game in today here in the New York area. But it was weird, very strange thing. But let's get to some baseball. Soff. By the way, uh eue uh two K has a great name here, two Live Crews. That's a that's a good team name.
Speaker 2: Like you had both players. I actually have both players in one of my nfbc's I wish we could change the name. I would totally call it that. That's a great one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some other headlines that aren't Eli de la Cruz. I guess we can do those.
Speaker 2: Corbyn Burns.
Speaker 1: Don't look now, but he might be turning things around. Eight shutout innings, nine k's, uh, pretty good. I think his next start if I saw correctly his next starts coming up against the Twins, I could be wrong on that. I gotta check that. But Corbyn Burns, this is an interesting time to start to buy low on some of the you know, maybe that window shut I don't know, but you can kick the tires on it. Chris Bassett eight innings against the Astro's strong performance for him forty nine innings and his last seven starts a two point zero two eer, a point eight six whip. I really like this picture. Last year when he pitched for the Mets, I love Chris Bassett was a very strong pitcher. I did not like to see him go. There was a great pickup for the Blue Jays, and he's been very good. Forty two k's in the last forty nine innings. Two Juan Soto big night for him, five for five, a three twenty one, five homer, twenty RBI stretched with five steals since May one? How you do in so obviously, I guess the trick to Gettingjuan Soto back was getting him that horrible, horrible statue. So the statue. I'd like to see the numbers since the statue because I think these kind of coincided where he's like, look, I need to be better. If this is the statue they're making of me, that's acceptable. I need to perform.
Speaker 2: Better that one. The left one hits to twelve, the right one hits three hundred.
Speaker 1: Did you all see that horrible Blue Jays AI thing that I sent you this morning?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did?
Speaker 1: That? Was that go to see? On Twitter? I retweeted this. Somebody made a Blue Jays commercial using ai and it is the most terrifying, horrific.
Speaker 2: It starts out a little like, oh, this is like goofy ai this and it turns people.
Speaker 1: Have hot dog hands and.
Speaker 2: They're like eating each other and it's like eating each other.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: But one thing I want to point out is like it's it's always not one for one, but this one soda situation. It is like it is paramount to like what we see with like star players. Star players aren't always going to necessarily be stars, but people are looking at like Manny Machado and we have the Aaron Nolan Aernado's stuff. It's just like the best players do get it figured out because they're the best players. So when they really struggle, this is why they're on the list. I've had one Soto on the by list on the trade video, I've had Nolan Aernado. I would put Manny Machado on there. Look at trade trying me all of these guys when they're in their biggest struggles and people are losing their mind, it's such a great time to buy proven, really proven commodities, even if there's not like all the things that are pointing in that direction. That's kind of how I've been with Manny Machado, and I would because Wan Soto has really gotten his feet back. Hard hit numbers top percent of the league, fifty eight percent on hard hit. His batting average is up to his XBA, which is great. Uh, he's just making better contact and he's actually got the second best barrel rate of his career right now. So turning in a great direction, thank god. Hopefully quite a while back you did pick up one.
Speaker 1: Sodo Randy Rosarina walk off homer for him. He's now hitting two ninety three, ninety four, four ninety eight. That's elite boys and girls, twelve homers, seven steals. Guy's been tremendous. Hazus Sanchez also been pretty good last thirty games three forty six, three ninety one, six sixty seven slash. Now, this is a player that's been kind of divisive, I know, over the years and the prospect market. What do you make of this run that Sanchez is on right now?
Speaker 2: Well, I used to love if if you followed me for a long time, you know my years of loving Haesus Sanchez. But you know, like anything else, I do want to claim he's my guy because I just kind of like, you know, fell off the table. But XP this is amazing, And I know people get annoyed with like expected stats. But not only hitting three hundred, his expected batting average is over three twenty right now, which is wild an expected slug well over five hundred hard hit numbers are there. The strikeout rate is the absolute lowest of his career, which you love to see, and he's just detroying fastballs. So what'll be interesting is if the pitch mix this year is more fastballs. But that's what he hits so well, it'll be interesting when pitchers start to, you know, readjust on him, because he's hitting under two hundred on breaking and offbe pitches right now. So I'm here for it. I'm here for the Jesus. You don't f with the Jesus and you pick up the Jesus.
Speaker 1: They're actually showing uh, the Big Lebowski the theater near me. You know, I told you that theater nered does all the you know, revival wheels. They show him, and I've seen Lebowski. I saw it in the theater. It's it's so great. But I think I might have go check that out.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's it's a it's a. It definitely holds, you know, like you go back.
Speaker 1: It's like those bizarre Oh it holds, it's fans.
Speaker 2: You know what I've been wondering, does Raising Arizona does that?
Speaker 1: I just saw it a couple of weeks ago. Oh really it it. It doesn't hold up completely, but the parts that do are very good. Still.
Speaker 2: That's what I love like it's like like, but it's still completely different movies. But like Spaceball still holds up and three As still holds up, those are like eighties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Michael Waka, I can't believe he's holding up seven strikeouts, sixings yesterday. This has been bizarre. I was gonna say, what what do we get through here? The Michael Waka turn around? Because he's got a three eighteen era, a one oh nine whip, he's got sixty four strikeouts a guy who's never been a big strikeout picture really sixty eight innings. I mean, I remember Michael Walker Cardinal days well also thinking he was going to be in that rotation for a decade and be a stud and he had like one and a half good years and that was it. But what in the hell is going on with Michael Walker Welsh and and what do you do here at this point with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, I told you it's the change up. It's it's a I don't know, it's career high, but it's higher than last year. Over thirty six percent whiff rate on his change up. He throws that as the number one pitch fastball right behind it, and then He's got his variations of fastballs, cutters and sinkers and stuff, and all of those fastballs are just setups for the changeup. And I mean, I know who here watches Michael Waka, but when you watch man, it's bonkers to see what that change up does. Just how it dips and dives. It's like it's like a dodgeball. Dips dive, duck like that thing, just go whoop. And the fastball sets it up really great, and he's hitting his spots and you know, the zone chart looks fantastic. He's doing what you want with the change up. You're covering the bottom corners of the zone and under and then he just pounds fastballs in that. Guys aren't getting crazy. I don't think they're getting crazy crazy hard contact on let me look real quick, Yeah, I mean only one pitch has a ninety ev or higher and that's the four seam. Everything else is and it's only ninety point five. So there's not a lot of hard contact being made with a change up. I think this type of stuff is sustainable. So I'm in. I met on Michael Walka, especially if you're sitting out there.
Speaker 1: Guys, I know people are asking me, are you calling Ellie de la Cruz because we're getting close to game time there. No, I'm not calling Ellie today, not against Kersher.
Speaker 2: I almost was tempted to go under every like his fantasy point today on Price Paster, like eight and a half. I was going to go on, there's a.
Speaker 1: Great price Pig thing going on. Also, we're gonna get to that in the second too. But somebody who was saying in the chat here I gotta find it that Nicholas Cage's best movie, Oh here it is was BTT said, raising Arizona's Cage's best film. I think it's his best performance. I would say con Air and face Off in that same also vein of.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting movies, Let me pus, let me push performances.
Speaker 1: It might be, it might be the best performance.
Speaker 2: Let me push just a tiny, tiny bit. Because Nicholas Cage, interestingly enough, has had completely different life spans, because he's he's making completely different movies now. Because I will agree with this, con Air is the best. Connor is number one. I would put the Rock and and like the Rock now.
Speaker 1: But I love that about the Rock that Sean Connery is actually James Bond like that is a cool theory, but I'm I think that movie's overrated. Moons also a great performance by Nicholas Cage two.
Speaker 2: Now all of his performances, though, they're so different, and this is gonna be wild, But I actually heard an interview that his favorite movie, and I saw this about six months ago, his favorite movie he's ever made is this movie called Pig, and it is phenomenal. It's he is.
Speaker 1: He's great in that movie too. Which adaptation, Oh yeah, but the screenwriter that's he's.
Speaker 2: Doing all these weird movies. Pig is really good. And he's done a bunch of these like aggressive, like horror movies too. But go check.
Speaker 1: I want to see Renfield because I love Nicholas Holt and it looks like a very funny movie. So I'm definitely going to check that out. But you're right, you know, if you look at the Nicholas Cage pantheon of films, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Match stick Men, that's an underrated little movie. He does like some horrible straight B level to cable movies, and then he'll do something like match stick Men, or he'll do something like Renfield.
Speaker 2: You're like this is, but he's doing a lot of like taking money. His two most recent big ones of the last five years is Mandy and Pig. Go watch those all right?
Speaker 1: Checkout Pig, Yeah, you'll check that out. All right, Let's continue on here with the rookie lookie, because Joe Adele don't look now, kids, Joe Adell got called up. Nine fifty eight ops, eighteen homers, four steals. All right, Welsh, I know you're not the biggest Joe Adell guy, So are you running out there to pick him up at all? Or No?
Speaker 2: I am not, no way, absolutely not a home run leader too, by the way, in the minor leagues. Now, I think he's impressive.
Speaker 1: A home run leader in the minor league getting called up.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, if you want, you can, there's always a possibility. I leave open the possibility. But at the same time, what is this year twelve? You know, look started your trump. Remember that's Joe Adell in triple A.
Speaker 1: I think that might be a little a little like it's twelve.
Speaker 2: He's more thanking out almost thirty percent of the time in the minors. So what have you learned? He's he's eating mistakes better, but he's striking out at insane levels, and it's barely improving. He's striking out worse this year than he did in two thousand and one, which he was also in triple A. So could it work out? Sure, crazy athletic, more pitches over time, pitch recognition. I'm not gonna hold my breath. Not doing it in a ten, not doing it in a twelve. This also is going to probably be short lived. Joe Adell will figure it out, maybe at some point in his career. I just have been pretty saidfast. I don't think it'll be with the Angels.
Speaker 1: No, right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: So remember Mickey is on this team.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Remember they got Mickey Moray, so they don't need Joe.
Speaker 1: Micky had that great run and then all of a sudden they went back to Taylor Ward. I feel like, and I'm thinking about, what the hell are you doing here? Why are we going back to Taylor Ward?
Speaker 2: After ally twenty one? If I said two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: So wait, how old is Jo Adell now?
Speaker 2: Since since that twenty he's twenty four. I mean he's still in that developmental time.
Speaker 1: It's just I mean that's I mean, if he was twenty six, I'd say, Okay, he's twenty four, Gunner Henderson. This is another young player too. We gotta talk about this. He's only twenty one. Gunner Henderson. Seven twelve ops, six homers, two steals through fifty two games. I know he had some injury issues too. He had the back issue recently too. He just came back into the lineup. What's the second half in your mind looked like for Gunner Henderson. Give me a stat line for Gunner Henderson last eighty games.
Speaker 2: Let's say, what was the stat give me will give me one more time. I mean I'm playing even.
Speaker 1: Twelve ops, six homers, two steals and fifty two games. Yeah, I mean the ops, the homer total, and maybe a batting average total he could.
Speaker 2: Do too, okay, Yeah, and he's hitting two oh four right now. He's had a expected batting average of two twenty. I think Gunner can get to two fifty on the back half of the year, but I think it's like another six or seven homers. And I'm being a little optimistic here. Here's you know what, let me say this better. I think there's a possibility that Gunner Henderson has sent down I've been saying that for quite some time. Hitting two hundred thirty percent strikeout rate, he's walked a whole bunch, which has kept him up here. So I think he can statistically do a little bit better than he's done with a better batting average. But I think he might end the year with one hundred and twenty or thirty games and it might be twelve to fifteen homers, two thirty batting average, eight stolen bases and what that means completely reserviceable player in redraft. But I've been saying for a couple of weeks, I think you can cut them. You know, there's no true shot. Signs of life will there be, There might be, and maybe you'll eat it. But it's June and he's hitting two hundred with a thirty percent strikeout rate, so you can go esak Parates is probably a better option right now from a fantasy perspective.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's right, way harsh. Well, no, look, I mean right now now, yes, but I'm hoping Gunner Henderson pulls it together. This has been too bad for too long for a player that I really thought last year showed a lot of promise. So I understand sophomore Slum's happened, but I'm hoping that he can improve it. If you can get to that eight twenty ops range with another you know, ten home runs in the second half, I think that's the player I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: The key you're also looking for is like better signs of life like that I think is going to be key. Now in June so far, here's a little bit of it. He has hit two fifty. Bet it's only three games. He was two thirteen last run. And you want to pay attention to strikeout rates that has dipped. It's twenty five percent so far. The previous two months both over thirty percent. So if what he's doing in June over three games continues, then this would be a good sign of life. But I would still like caution, what's it going to look like? He's not gonna be Corman Carroll. He's not going to be Eli.
Speaker 1: De la Cruz to no be a serviceable place. Look, third base sucks, So if again, if it could be serviceable or good even at third base, that's something to pay attention to. Similar to the the Bill Paxton conversation of a couple of weeks ago, this Nicholas Cage conversation has certainly sparked the chat here and a lot of people bringing up Honeymoon in Vegas and Leaving Las Vegas. I don't like any of the Nick Cage Vegas movies, to be honest with you, I think they're both super overrated. I remember they were huge successes at the time. I think it would be funny now now that I'm thinking about it, to watch them back to back, Like, is that is that marriage to Sarah Jessica Parker? What made him? What led to his alcoholism? Like, I kind of wonder if you can watch those I legit.
Speaker 2: Do not remember any of the Vegas movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were completely overrated. I did, Like that's the thing. It's like some of them. Con Air is like and it was just on not that long ago, a couple of months. I end up watching it. Con Air is so goofy, especially on the rewatch. But I don't know what it is like it just got a great cast of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it holds up.
Speaker 1: It's got everybody from Buschemy to cusack In. It's was just like such a creep to and freepeak character. Yeah, it's Garland Green. I want to say, what was there is? Why you want me in the bar at the Trivia Pete Alonzo, he's gonna be at the bar for a couple of days. He's got a risk intus, you have to taking a ninety seven mile hour fastball the risk. Although I heard Charlie Morton called him up and apologize, so apparently this didn't have all the implications that everybody on social media wanted to say. After he was yelling to.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you this, are you a big hit retaliation guy? Cinder Guard did the MLB the show thing right after Ellie hit the homer where he hit a guy and then Alonzo was chirping about Elder and then yeah, let's say let's pretend like that was retail.
Speaker 1: I'm a think we're port of hitting a guy who runs his mouth, so yeah, like I'm not hitting the next guy who hits home run off that is That is the lak To me, that was always the lamest thing ever. It's like, you gave up a home run to that guy, so what does that have to do with the next guy coming up? And it's like, hey, don't think that you're hitting a home run off me? Like it is. That is the lamest thing ever. When the next guy. If you can stay in the game long enough, that guy hit the home run off. Yeah, that's the guy you gotta worry about. I never understood that. Edward Cabrero. So hopefully just a couple of days, maybe we'll see. Uh, we're hoping he avoids a trip to the IL. Edward Cabrero was removed Wednesday with a blister. Keep an eye on that. Brandon Law is going to be shut down for two to three weeks for baseball activity. So that's the Xander Bogarts, the daily Xander Bogarts again still absent yesterday. Lords Guriel also still absent. Willia Damas did return, though with the concussion protocol. Finally, Altuve returned as well. Carlos Rodon I finished this, and I want you to rank something. Sorry, goay finish that want to rank something. Justin Steele through a bullpen session Wednesday. So I don't know about you, guys, but he's on check on to return right now on June seventeenth against the Orioles. That's apparently when he's coming back.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: You have my hands like this watching Justin Steele.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm good to the rank rest of season, Kelly day La Cruz, Willia Damas, Xander Bogarts.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, this is a good one. I was down on Xander going into the year.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Ellie Xander. And the third one was a Domas Adamis Domas third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree. I just wanted to see if we were there with Ellie.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm there, I'm there, and look, I expect Ellie to have some valleys. Okay, like I'm not. I'm not saying like it's gonna be like night Ellie Della Valley's Yes, come on, just for fun, Louis arise two for four. Now he's hitting four oh three just despite the wels. Should I just want to throw that in there?
Speaker 2: Man, I decided I'm going to lay off because I did it. I haven't dropped the ICL episode. I kind of went in again and we had a voice smail about it. I got to lay off of it. But like, you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Awesome now our boys him says National Treasure is one of his best. I've never seen National Treasures great.
Speaker 2: They're great movies. You know, Nicholas Cage might be one of the most. Like he when we lose him one day, It's gonna be a worst world because I watched all of it.
Speaker 1: Did you want about profanity? That was for which one he did a Netflix special about profanity where every half hour was about the origin of a different curse word.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, he's always hilarious.
Speaker 1: And I'm sitting in like a chair by the fire with a smoking jacket hosting this show and it's so absurd. It's it's entertaining. I mean, it's it's like, got comedians on it talking about the words and all these things in the orders.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to see. I'm dying to see the exceptional talents of whatever with him and the Last of Us Guy, Mandalorian guy, the one it's about Nicholas Cage, the guy who's obsessed with the drug dealers.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that. I heard that.
Speaker 2: I want to see that really bad, also hilarious thing. There's this interview not to go on it, but Polly Shore was on Joe Rogan and apparently Polly Shore lives next door to Nicholas Cage. Half of this entire interview is Polly Shore talking about talking about Nicholas Cage and trying to get him on the show. And the weird like Nicholas Cage has like a no social media rule to come to his house and how he hangs out. Nicholas Cage is fascinating. He is fascinating.
Speaker 1: See Angelo supports the match. Sick men, great movie. Him and Sam Rockwell, they're con artists and tracks tracks Patten who I don't know. I've seen tracks in the chap before. In the end, Nicholas Cage turned out to be the national treasure. But he misspelled. He broke gauge inestet a Cage. But I think I know what he's saying there. All right, let's continue on with the three up and three down. Cormick Carrol all big up yesterday, four for five to run Homer, I think it's in the negative now his ry future. It's gonna be close to it by the end of this week. So if you haven't bet for Gorman Carroll for Rookie of the Year, I don't know which.
Speaker 2: I saw the DraftKings one this morning. I believe it was my eyes just plus one when I saw it on Okay, so it's plus one thirty five. But number two is Ellie Daily Cruz now at three sixty five.
Speaker 1: That becomes an interesting hedge. Now the interesting hedge is bet Ellie at a small number now, just in case he goes bananas and Corbyan Carroll got for big gets hurt.
Speaker 2: It's just the number isn't good enough. But three and a half to one on Ellie right now when Corvin Carroll, Corbyn Carroll half on Ellie. Yeah, it was like three sixty last week. No, no, it's like three sixty five.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: Corbyn Carroll almost has thirty combined homers and stolen bases. And it's June eighth. Think about that for a second. Almost thirty combined homers and stolen bases. Like, Ellie's awesome. Ellie's exciting. Unless Corbyn Carroll falls off the earth or gets hurt. I don't know how whatever Ellie could do could possibly catch the number one team in the NL and the best player on it who's hitting three hundred as a rookie and will be an all star. Ellie's fun. Corbyn Carroll with as long as that something happens. We got that now.
Speaker 1: I can't get out of my head. The conversations between Paul Shore and Nicholas Cage. It's it's very polly it's recycling day. Make sure you take out you recycling. He's like, I've got bottles, I've gotten news brat, take it all out, dragging it down now, Chill.
Speaker 2: Bro poly Shore, Nicholas Cage move.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to be sure that you didn't miss recycling Day because it only happens every two weeks, not one, but two. John Gray recorded twelve strikeouts yesterday. By the way, how good has he been. I'm so glad that I reinvested in John Gray last year, and I'm so glad I did it again this year. John Gray, I think, is going to figure it out. And I love that John Gray and Nadyavaldi are leading this charge for this team and they just go out there and help the bullpen and the Texas Rangers. By the way, the odds to win for the Texas Rangers. Have you seen them lately? Because it is absurd what they are. By the way he's looking at I'm gonna pull it up here in a second day.
Speaker 2: It's like Jacob de Grom just like he just took some of his aura and he was just like, here are my sons. Yeah, take my pitching powers.
Speaker 1: And they all like they drank the blood of Jacob de Grom one hundred it opened. They are plus one point fifty on betting pros right now to win that division.
Speaker 2: Isn't that Jacob de gram was splinter and he put it out to his ninja turtles the fours. I'll have it so that we also live update. Ellie de la Cruz has a hit and his first career stolen base. He got a hit and still it's he's ridiculous, but that way would have killed those fantasy points that we were going against. This is against Clayton Kershaw, the legends.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Uh. Let's let's also get the Joey Wimer some love two four for four or two bombs yesterday and a hell of a mullet. Three down. Christopher Morel, who we were ragging on the other day, it's gotten worse. He's now two for twenty nine so and he didn't even play yesterday, so they just that's a down. Max Scherzer wasn't good, but he did get the k prop. We locked that bad boy in at six and a half and he struck out ten. Let's go shures are only five and two thirds innings, five earned runs and Charlie Morton only four and two thirds and four earned runs. He's stunk too, Welsh. I want to get to the Prize Picks because they've got some fun going on a price right now. They got the little hot dog guys out, So what is that? I'll tell you in a second, But before you do, go see the hot dog guy. The tacos that thought there were hell of hot dogs. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, you know what they do look like hot dog.
Speaker 1: After that Blue Jays video, I don't know what to think about anything anymore because it was so upsetting. Again, go to my Twitter and go look at it. But Prize Picks download the Prize Picks app. Go to prize picks dot com, get one hundred percent to pause a match up to one hundred use a promo code leading off because they got the special going on, and the special means you're getting a discount and everything. So right now you get Framber Valdez at three and a half picture strikeouts, you can get Justin Verlander four picture strikeouts, and Spencer Strider a six and a half against the Mets today, probably without Alonzo in a lineup, I would take all three of these. That's my prize picks. They basically give you like twenty to thirty percent off and it's like a limited time. So there's like a ticker going on. I guess, are they tacos? That's a hot dog.
Speaker 2: He's got those are tacos.
Speaker 1: He's got mustard underneath his mouth.
Speaker 2: No, it's like the Taco Tuesday thing.
Speaker 1: No, it's mustard. It's not a taco. It's a hot dog. It's baseball. He's holding a pennant.
Speaker 2: It's Wiener Thursday. What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It's a hot dog. It is a hot dog. Set doesn't make it a hot dog.
Speaker 1: It's a hot dog.
Speaker 2: Welco hot dogs move a little bit further outside the bun to.
Speaker 1: The ones that the longer buns that fit the hot dogs.
Speaker 2: So they do do a Taco Tuesday. And okay, so the developmental team, the art team just.
Speaker 1: Telling me, I can't combine them, but I would use them to build, use one of them. I can't take these with mustard of the Yeah, they've got little it's got a little mustard thing, right.
Speaker 2: All right, whatever, Okay, Wiener Thursday. Celebrate your wingers on Thursday. Everybody is hot dog a sandwich. I only like the Framber Streider one, and I would throw one of these in if you want to go. Also, if you don't like one of the ones I have, feel free.
Speaker 1: I can't play price picks. I'm annoyed because I live in New Jersey, but I didn't know I couldn't use all three. But I would definitely use the Framber one. Is nuts, it's three and a half, I mean.
Speaker 2: Take, I agree? Is crazy?
Speaker 1: Use that?
Speaker 2: I love the Strider one. I'm not messing with the Verlander one even though it's good. Here's my plays speaking of Framber Fantasy score thirty one and a half. Love that. Or you could play this strikeouts if that's what you wanted. Jean Carlos Stanton hits run RBI one and a half up against Lancelyn Today and Adley Rechman Fantasy score seven. Pair any all three of those, maybe with Strider. Or you could take out the Framber points and go with the strikeouts if you want a three piece, do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Their discount dogs fred got it? Thank you like wah wah dogs like right dogs, you know? Or if you go to dollar Dog Night at the ballpark, all right? Betting wise today, I'm still going into the Yankees. You get plus one fifty there against them without judging the lineup, but sever Reno's pitch, and I know Linn is pitching. I know lin is all over the place, but whatever, plus one fifty is a good number. Framber Valdez minus one fifteen. I like that one for the Houston Astros too. Today, Zach Wheeler, it's still eight and a half, just like it was yesterday when I got canceled. I would go with the under on that. It's a big number, and even Framber at five and a half, i'd go over on that. You're getting plus money on that on betting pros as well. Don't forget everybody too who got so rare, because we've got that going on too. If you want to go join for free, go check it out. It's fantastic. It's fun. Especially go buy an Ellie de la Cruz card. It's a great opportunity Fantasypros dot Com slash collect to join. Then join our league Fantasypros dot Com slash leading Off and compete. You own your cards, you can buy, sell, trade, scout do all the fun things their dfs today Limited Slate Franbur at eleven point one, Specerstrider at eleven point four. If you want to go at zach wee Are ten to eight, you could do that too. Philly and Cleveland. That's the stacks tonight, and then JT real Muto at two eight. I'm aind Rosario at two to five, starting to pull out of it a little bit. And Stephen Quanta towo eight also, I know, I know they're not a good offense. I know, but eventually things have got to turn around a little bit. Home run call to day for me, it's Trey Turner. I'm going back to that. Well. I've got what three now in a few days, so I'm trying to trying to keep pace. So Welsh still at the eighteen, Mark Razor at twenty three, at the very top of the board. Welsh, where you're going for your home run call tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought real quick. We didn't do my bets. That's no big deal. But you've got a lot of Philly stuff, DFS, Phillies trade Turner. I almost picked Turner. I'm on the Phillies a lot today. If bet wise one and a half total also team total runs over the whole Game four and a half and Houston money Line. We've talked about. Those are my three bets and from my home run total. I literally was gonna take Trey Turner. Saw you did it. I was like, all right, I'm gonna move off of it. I'm gonna go with matt Olsen. I'm gonna go with matt Olsen today. I feel off on the home run calls. I need to get back a rhythm here and hopefully matt Olsen could get me goun because I don't want to be off that boarding on the board, he's exciting, and I don't want to be off of that board. So matt Olsen.
Speaker 1: I love tacos for the record, I just want to I could eat tacos every day. I love any any kind of tacos too. We took a Terriso. You got the beef tacos, you got the chicken tacos. You all do the shrimp tacos, the ficial, any tacos, all the tacos all day long. Somebody has before is burrito a sandwich? I don't think I can't reading this.
Speaker 2: Conversation the whole like hot dog, sandwich, burrito. Guess what a brito is? It's a burrito, a taco, a taco.
Speaker 1: The hot dog is sandwich I get closer to because it's bread, Like, it's not bread. It's not a sandwich. So that's an interesting conversation. But it's on a roll.
Speaker 2: That's fine, on a hot dog roll.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a fun.
Speaker 1: You like, how you don't need a hot dog? What do you do? Because you're an vegetarian guy, so what do you have? Like the what do you do?
Speaker 2: That's right? Just a bun. Actually, we went to this this haunted mansion thing like I was just gonna say, and my.
Speaker 1: Daughter Haunted House of hot Dog.
Speaker 2: It was just like eighteen ninety nine, like Hotel and Wickenberg. And we went there and they had these food trucks out there and everything, and my daughter they had like the well I got this like macaroni and cheese food truck, and there was a hot dog food truck. And my daughter looked at us and was like, I want a hot dog bun with ketchup and we're like, we're not ordering that, And my mom took her over and they gave her two hot dog buns with ketchup, and she was very excited. And that is apparently all that she wanted. Whether she meant or not, she would have only wanted a hot dog. But and then my wife had a pickle dog. It was just a pickle in the middle of a bun. Is that a sandwich? The pickle in the middle of a hot dog bun?
Speaker 1: I don't know. We have to put that on a pole. If Mayor was here, we could do it, but we're running out of time. Anyway, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p We'll see you next time. Cruise and joy oh, I said, Cruise said kid. I did, Joey, Cruise and Ellie we see you next time. And ellis bye, see you later. What a show.