Speaker 1: What's going on? Everybody, Welcome into Fantasy pros. This is leading off live the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. I'm your host, Joel Rico, joined by Casey Bubba once again, and today we're gonna bring you all the baseball news that you can possibly take here on a Friday. Happy Friday, everybody. Really nice way to end off the week talking baseball with Bubba. I did miss the show the other day. I was recovering, as you guys have joked about on the podcast the other day. Oh I still listen. I still listen even when I'm not here. I hear all the slander from you and Welsh, but no, seriously, I went to see the Food Fighters, phenomenal show. I recommend everybody those see your favorite bands if they're coming to town, even if it feels expensive, go and see your favorite bands. Bubba can probably speak to this as well. I think Lars Ulrich has a wing on his home just because of Bubba going to see Metallica shows. So, Bubba, I hope you guys had a good time on Wednesday. But it's gonna be back in the saddle with you.
Speaker 2: My friend. To be back with you, it's I always tell my friends, if I'm not giving you a hard times because I don't care. So that's why we were messing with you being out. And yes, Metalie already got my tickets to see him with his sphere for two nights, So I understand if you live music, there's not a whole lot of things that are better. Maybe a baseball game, which we'll get to you, but live music is pretty sweet and you look like you had a heck of a time, so good for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Dave Grohl's a personal hero as a kid growing up, love Nirvana, a love the Food Fighters. It's been it's been a cool year for concerts, but I want bore everybody. We have the time stamps. Skip ahead two minutes into the show, and we're gonna start off here as the resident Blue Jays homer with mister Dylan sees, how can we start anywhere else? Even if I wasn't a Blue Jays homer, I think I'd probably still be starting with Dylan. See's another cy Young worthy performance against the Cubs on Thursday. Seven shutout innings, two hits, striking out ten. The Jays did end up blowing it for him, which is very twenty twenty six Blue Jays, but he's sitting on a two twenty eight ERA and a one zero five whip over his twenty one starts this season. I got some trivia here, some fun not so fun facts, I guess for Jay's fans in a second. But but first off, what have you thought of Dylan Cees this year and at this point as the cy young in the American League? His to win?
Speaker 2: First off, I've been team ceased for years and I've battled. There's been years. I feel like I'm John Snow in Game of Thrones fighting people because it's like, oh, his commands, this his commands that you know what I'm talking about as a Cease fan, But I level what we're seeing from Ceas. He's pounding innings yet again, he's racking up a ton of strikeouts yet again. I know people hated the two hundred or more k's and x amount of straight seasons. People hated that we'll get used to it, so it's going to add another year after this one. He's been nothing short of out standing yet again, and it's like, you know, some years the whip will be high, but this year it's not. And to your point, the cy Young he should be definitely near the top of the list, especially with mister scuball out of town. Now, Seas should have just walked right through that front door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dylan Cees is a guy that I was kind of interested in coming into the season. I didn't think he would be this good, But he has followed this pattern going back to twenty twenty one, really when he became a full time starter, alternating the even and odd years and looking at what he's done, whether he wins the cy young or not, Cease is going to be in the top three of voting top four I got absolute worse. It feels like top three. Will he be a fade for you next year? Because the price will be back up into the probably second, third, fourth round type of range. For me personally, he's a guy I want to buy after the bad years. Buying him after the good years he feels a little bit risky given the volatility. So do you think you'll be in on Cease as a presumptive top thirty, top forty pick next year?
Speaker 2: Uh? Probably just for a couple of Like I'm in on Seas pretty much every year. I understand the increase in price is a question, but when we're looking at pitching in general, there's like two or three guys we think we can trust, and we thought that was Scuball, Crochet and Skins this year so far, Scoobl's about it in that regard. Skins is even fluttering right now, still very good with fluttering. And then it's just like a pool of what do we have here? And you know, if the only thing I have to worry about his potential ratio issues with season, that's a big deal. I'm not like this talking down on it. You know who you what you're getting with Ceasebard injury, and that's like a lot to be said with an early pitching pick. So I'll probably still be in unceas and if he does fall around four, I'll be very happy with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm talking to myself more and more into him. It's a very very big season from him in terms of strikeouts. He's always been a big strikeout guy, but up to thirty six percent of something we haven't never seen from him. Thirty one point nine was his previous high. The whip down at one oh four is the lowest that we've ever seen from Dylan Sees. His sierra has never been below three, and it is this season, so it does seem like he is an improved version of himself this year. And I do have a little bit of a fun fan. Not so fun fact for any other Jays fans listening, but it got me thinking about Jays cy Young's over the years and the seasons that have happened when the Jays do have the cy Young winner and going back nineteen ninety six, Pat Henkin won the cy Young for the Jays. They go seventy four and eighty eight and missed the playoffs. Roger Clemens. The next year ninety seven Cy Young Jays go seventy six and eighty six, missed the playoffs. The next year Roger Clemens ninety eight, the Jays won three consecutive cy Young's and the Jays once again missed the playoffs. In ninety eight, a better season at eighty eight and seventy four, then Doc Halliday and three Cy Young the Jays go eighty six and seventy six, missed the playoffs. Robbie Ray In twenty twenty one, the Jays go ninety one and seventy one and probably should have made the playoffs, but they were just the odd team out so there have been all of these sy youngs in Jay's history, and not a single team has made the playoffs. And it looks like we're going to continue the pattern this year. But but what do you think about that? I know it's a stupid little piece of trivia, but I couldn't help myself today looking at that one.
Speaker 2: I saw this on a sheet and in the second you started talking like, and you wonder why they can't get rid of the Jays homersm on this show. But it's it is a nasty trend. I know a lot of like people in the bettings fhere, like I'm probably even on betting pros, go, oh, trends are trans bub like they all think it's it's something you can't follow. But that's pretty substantial right there, and it will follow suit this season. So that is pretty crazy to think about that. You know, it reminds me of you want to flip into MVPs when a Rod won the MVP with the Rangers and they're like the worst team in all of baseball. It's like, how do you have the best hitter or the best pitcher and you still can't even Like the Jays aren't even really sniffing the playoffs, which is great, Like it's it's really odd to have that kind of dominance and still struggle.
Speaker 1: And probably, you know, maybe not the best reliever in baseball and Louis Varland, but like a top three reliever, and they're just pissing away that season, pissing away cease. But it's what we've come accustomed to this year in Toronto. I do want to talk about a non Blue Jay, and that's fran Ra Valdez. Although a very good point brought up in the chat here by game OV Mike Trout, all those MVP years totally waited for the Angels and Otani's for the I think they have five MVPs in the span of ten years and didn't make the playoffs in any of them. So it's dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty bad. It's really bad.
Speaker 1: It's pretty bad. I do want to talk about something a little bit brighter, and that's fraan Er Valdes. His first dominant start, maybe of the entire year. It was seven shutout innings, five hits, and struck out five. It was the first time he pitched shutout ball since June sixteen, when he went six innings against the Astros, his old team, but probably it's been a pretty poor year from Framber Valdez. His ERA is over four for the first time going back really ever as a full time starter. The previous time it was was in twenty nineteen, when he was a starter and reliever his happy fun ball. He was still young, so you can kind of forgive him for that, But this is a legit bad season. The strikeouts were never really amazing to begin with, there around league gaverage, and now he's down to eighteen percent. The whip is at one thirty seven after a one twenty four last season. What do we think is wrong with Framber Valdez? Is he simply just passed his peak a little bit here? Is it just a regular bad season, first year of a new contract. What do you chalk this all up to his struggles in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Karma, I guess I don't know we can start there or you wanted actual analysis? Sorry, yeah, VALDEZI it's one of those. He's thirty two years old. One thing that always made him very, very, you know, serviceable for fantasy purposes. He'd need innings, tons of ground balls, tons of ground balls. Ground Balls can be volatile for the babib world. But he survived that, and he also got enough swing and miss to make things work. Like right now is swing and miss. His swinging strike rate's low ten percent, and yesterday's quote unquote dominating start he had a four point two percent swinging strike rate. That's called running real, pure folks, and that that kind of sums up because he's not going to overpower people on the mound. So if he's not getting in the ground balls are slightly down. There's still abovely gatherage, but for Framber's style, it's down, so you're getting less flyball or less ground balls, less swing and miss. Stuff's not that dominant. He's going to get in trouble, and he's fighting that trouble this year, and my surprise, I guess not Like did you think it happened this fast?
Speaker 1: Probably not as well though, so is he The way you're talking, it sounds like he'll be a full fade for you going in next year.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was a fade for me this year? I have zero Frambers, So yeah, I'm pretty much done with him. If he figures it out, I'll tip my cap. But yeah, I'm not in on fram ravalve this going forward.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can be either. I just I tend to target guys more often than not who are going to give you a ton of strikeouts have the ability to give you a ton of strikeouts, and that's kind of the building block for me from a fantasy point of view. If you're not striking guys out, you have to be so elite in so many other categories for me to be interested in you. And this doesn't seem like anything is going right for Framber this year. It was a good start yesterday, but doesn't change a lot for me going forward. I do want to talk about Bryce Miller, and this will be somewhat of a deep dive here. I don't know what's happened to him over the last few starts. Hell lot five hits, walk to and allot four runs over five innings against those Tigers, and this season has really collapsed so far. If you look at what he did to start the season, he was unbelievable. His first eight starts of the year. He had a one to seventy one ERA, he had a point six six whip and he had a thirty percent strikeout to walk great in his five starts he's made since then, it's a five eighty one ERA, it's a one fifty two whip, and it's a five percent strikeout to walk. Right, It's truly baffling. Coming into the season, we didn't expect much from Bryce Miller. He has this increased velocity, looks like the best pitcher in baseball, and now he's looked awful for the last several starts. What do you make of him? Bubble, because I see this and I think there's got to be some kind of injury going on here.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing that can make sense. Because I kind of pulled up some some stats I like to look at from pitching, and yeah, the ERA and the XCRA, like over the last month it's five eight one ERA, five six nine x CIRA. That's similar to Sierra for those who keep track at home. But you mentioned the five percent k to walk, because it's a fourteen percent k rate. That's it's baffling. But then I look at it and it's like the same ball Percentagury hesed to a thirty four percent swinging strike Rate's still ten percent on the season's thirteen point two, so a minor dip, but should it be that volatile? Probably not. Velocity's got It's still ninety five Fords ninety six to one on the season, so it's not like that's crazy. His ground ball rates similar like so many things that in line don't just jump off the page, which then leads to the point you're making. Is there an injury and that's what I want. I'm wondering with him, And we've talked about the home road splits with the Manners, but hey, he was at home yesterday, folks, so that is a concern. Also, we know he came off the injury this year. Is he fully healthy? I don't know. But you know what that sound you hear right in the background, that's the Kate Anderson siren coming on. Because Bryce Miller might need a breather or at worst a piggyback situation. And we know how much Bryce Miller likes those, he's a big fan. But that might be coming into the freight pretty soon.
Speaker 1: I think it probably should. I mean, it's a very weird trajectory. After Bryce Miller at the end of last season got hurt, he came back in the playoffs. He threw a really good game in the ALCS against the Jays. I think there was Game one, maybe Game two, and then I don't think there was much interest throughout the offseason. Really, he wasn't that expensive, nobody really expected much out of him. It's just a weird trajectory, and I think maybe in the off season we'll get some clarity. He was trying to pitch through something, he wasn't fully healed coming into the year, et cetera. But this is very strange, and I think I'd have to agree with Lee that he's probably a drop. I know it feels crazy after the stats. I was rhyming off earlier in the season. You know, zero point six whip and all that, But is he a drop across the board? Bobba? Even in fifteen's for.
Speaker 2: You, fifteen's is tricky just because there's not a lot of options. But I did my fab show yesterday with Ryan, and there's a lot more fifteen options this week than usual do to trade deadline and other stuff. So there are discussions like he got Lezynski coming in from Pittsburgh, you got Dobbins for Saint Louis, you got Tidwell for the Giants, Like there's gonna be a bunch of fifteen options which do make Bryce Miller potentially drop fifteen twelves and below. Yes, you can move on from him. This is the time of year. You don't wait around and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's really tricky, especially with name brand type of guys. Christian Yelich is a guy who's in the side. I've gotten a ton of questions about he's on my ten team waiver wires. I pick up Yellichhi Bilo on him, and it's like usually i'd see that, it's like Yellowich is on the waiver wire, like what the hell is going on? But it's like, you know, it makes sense. He's been awful this year. He got all the back stuff. It's certain name values you have to detach from the actual production of the player, and I think Bryce Miller is one of those situations. Right now. Let's move on and let's talk about Foster Griffin, who's also had a little bit of a tough time recently. He had his Guardian's debut and lasted just four innings, allowed seven hits, a couple of walks. He got lit up for five earned runs. This is now back to back bad starts for him. He's a lot of eleven earned runs in his last two starts. The previous twenty one starts was thirty eight earned runs for the entire duration of the season before that. Has he lost some steam here, Bubba? I know he felt like a popular regression candidate. Not the biggest stuff guy, not the biggest velocity, et cetera, et cetera. I saw Nick Pollock dropped him about twenty spots in his starting Pincher rankings from the previous update. Are we really concerned about Foster Griffin or is this more just a blip on the radar. We don't want to say I'm not concerned, but I want to see a little more with him. Like, if you don't want to start him, that's fine, I totally get it. But there's there's always the like a lot of people love to just look at the numbers on their computer, and that's what it is, and that's fine, gets you a lot of good places, but when it comes to like the game of baseball, there's also the mental factor. To me at Foster Griffin flat out said the last start in Washington, he knew he was going to get traded and it messed with him, like he was they gave him a shot to come back in the BIGS, like all these things. He talked about it, like very openly. First start with the new team, he struggles, like I'm wondering if there's like a transition going on here in his brain. Again, not great analysis, but I think there could be something to that because the drop off was steep and it's a back to back starts. But similar to Bryce Miller, like, it's still like it's it's a four percent walk right over the last month, eight percent over the last in his last start, so it's a little higher than you see, but still he's pounding the zone. Swing, the miss was a little down, a little more fly balls. So I'd like to see another starter or too before I panic with Fluster Griffin. But if you don't want to start, and I totally get it, Yeah, I think, especially looking at the schedule, his next start, his lineup to come against the Tigers, and I think the perception around the Tigers is they're no good, they sold off, blah blah blah. Over the last three weeks, the Tigers have the highest WRC plus as a team, a one thirty w RC plus. They're hitting two eighty four over the last twenty game, so they're not such a cupcake matchup right now. I think that he is at least a sit for the time being for that next one, just because of how hot the Tigers have been, and we take it from there. It's catcher time and this is not just Bubba centric. I do want to talk about Dylan Dingler even if Bubba wasn't here, but it's perfect we get the catcher expert here. Dylan Dingler has become one of my favorite players to watch. He had himself another massive day, three for six. He hit his oney sixth home run of the season. He's now slashing two seventy eight, three forty one, five thirty six. That is an eight seventy seven ops. And the question I pose here and people will probably say, are you insane Joe for even asking, but is Dylan Dingler approaching superstar territory? The only players with a higher winsbub replacement this season are Jordan Alvarez, who has him edged byero point one with an extra eight games, and then Peter Armstrong who is well ahead. And then I guess if you can buy o tawny pitcher and batter, then he would be slightly ahead. But that is the company that Dylan Dingler is keeping a higher winsbub replacement this year than Bobby Wood Junior, than James Wood, Camon narow Elliet, et cetera, et cetera. Are we looking at the next catching superstar here, Bubba considering what he does on both sides the plate.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Dylan Dirk Dingler for those at home that aren't aware, but he's He's awesome. I was a big fan of him as a catcher too, just because of his price tag this year. I picked him up everywhere when he got promoted last year. The hit tool is legit. It was the playing time, and the playing time's there because even going into this year, the reason he fell in drafts is during spring training he was dealing with I believe, like a shoulder injury or something. So people were kind of nervous. But we always know a spring injuries like how bad are they? Like, what do we really know? We don't And he's proven to be just fine. He is the next best thing. And he's playing in a pitcher's ballpark for crying out aloud, like imagine if he was hanging out with Goodman in company like you look at Player Raiders. Right now, Dylan Dingler is the third catcher off the board, behind Ben Rice and Hunter Goodman, and then there's a drop off a decent one to the next one at Drake Baldwin. Dingler's awesome. This is the next one of the next best things. It's something I've like, you know, you gave me my catcher's a soapbox. This is your fault. But when I get to when I get to break down catchers, and I've done it a lot over the last like five or six years, there's been a youth movement at catcher and Dingler was one that I kind of looked at about three years ago and it was one of those when when will the Tigers move on from Drake Jake Rodgers. Well, folks, they traded Jake Rodgers. So Dylan Dingler is the dude, and I don't see this changing anytime soon.
Speaker 1: He's just incredible. Like even if he was just doing what he's doing defensively, I think I would still be a huge fan. I'd love a great defensive catcher, and he's arguably the best. But then you're also looking at twenty six over seventy eight Ribbi in one hundred and six games with a good batting average. He's just been phenomenal. And you look back going to the start of twenty twenty five, Dylan Dingler is eighth in war among all major league players. We're starting to get something real special here, I think going forward with Dylan Dangler the Tigers. The more I think about their decision to sell off, the more it kind of pisses me off a little bit. Not that I'm a Tigers fan or anything close to it, but they're three and a half games out as of today. As I mentioned earlier, they had the hottest offense in baseball over the last month. You had Scooble, you had Mies. Why why not just you know, make a go for it. I understand, you know, trading Schooble and you know, resetting the prospect hall a little bit, but I don't know when you were as hot as the Tigers have been. What do you think of that whole situation? Now?
Speaker 2: It's like the more I've watched the dust settle and I did a bench with Bubba talking prospects on the side of the trade deadline as well, and it kind of opened my eyes and thinks with Martin Sikulski, and I get it from the baseball the business standpoint, I as the fans, the fantasy person, it makes no sense at all. But if you sit back and take a step back and see what they did to keep rebuilding and stay competitive at the same time, they've done a lot of really good things. And I know they're hoping for Jackson job to come back Saturday and pitch well, They're still hoping for a lot of things, but they can still win that division. I think that's what they're looking at. And then once you get in the dance, anything can happen. And at the same time, as like keeping Trek Scooble, is that enough to beat to say the Dodgers or somebody like that. That's a big question where at least now you rebuild, you can still make the playoffs and see what happens and go from there. So I get I'm probably on the minority on that one of the As time goes on, it might sink in a little more.
Speaker 1: I've kind of gone back and forth on it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Just like I get both sides. I'd be angry if I was a Tigers fan to I get it, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I've kind of gone back and forth a little bit wishy washy. Why don't they do something? Why did they do something? But I don't know. I just I think mostly just comes to the fact that I hate that the Dodgers have schoogle now, but we can't do anything about that anymore.
Speaker 2: That's just they've lost like six straight. Don't worry about it. Who's keeping track? Who's keeping track?
Speaker 1: You mentioned uh karma earlier in the show. Maybe it's going to come back around on them. Who knows. Let's talk a little bit Alex Bregman here. He's actually been really good recently, and I have to chalk it up to our friend Torres Torres Takes on Twitter, who went out and posted that he's going to be benching Alex Bregman a few weeks back and then that lit a fire under his rear. End would very much appreciate that, Torres. We do love you. But over the last month, Alex Bregman hit in two sixty five nineteen runs, sixteen RBI, five homer, and a steal. Is he back? I mean, he's been kind of whatever for most of the season. But as Alex Bregman re entered the point where he should be started, regardless of matchups, regardless of alternative options. Like, has he just a set it and forget it again for you?
Speaker 2: I think we've gotten there. Yeah, there was definitely a time where that was not the case. Right now, he's feeling it and he's a streaky guy. We know that with Bregman, and usually he's one of those veterans by the end of the season in the back of the baseball card will match up now, probably put himself in too big of a hole this year, but he's looking like he's putting that production to the table. So yeah, I'm rolling with it, and you're gonna do it because also third base, what are your options is the other question. But yeah, he seems like at least in I'll say twelves and deeper, he's a set it and forget it for now.
Speaker 1: I think so too. We're going to do one more catch or breakdown. But I want to remind you guys about three day free trial of Fantasy Pros Premium that we are offering here. You can unlock every premium Fantasy Pros tool for three full days at fantasypros dot com slash free and sink your leaks to see exactly how to optimize your roster and to win your week, and get full access to the waiver Resistant Trade Analyzer and more. Start your free trial now at fantasypros dot com slash free and experience the ultimate edge. Let's talk to Alhandra Kirk, the son of Scott Bagman, who has really good as of late. It kind of came as a bit of a surprise. I'm not watching every single Blue Jays game anymore. I just can't do it to myself. But over the last month, Alejandro Kirk hitting three forty four get four hits yesterday, a couple of homers as of late as well, and the overall season line it's still not great, but we're getting there, bubb But he's about back up to a one hundred WRC plus. It's kind of a washout season for him, just playing forty two games. But I've seen a lot of people kind of disavow Alehandro Kirk this year and say he's not that great anymore. There's no interest in Kirky. I think that, you know, the injury tells a lot of the story here. This is still a great catcher, a guy that i'd be happy to have as my seat two next year, but I'm interested in what you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a C two, he's a solid C two. He's the injuries have hurt him a ton. It's like two fifty five. That's not who he is. He's a two to eighty guy. You're just hoping for, Like, can he run into fifteen home runs and get me like one hundred and thirty one hundred and forty runs in RBIs combined. I got that's what you're wanting, which is a catcher too, And that's what he is. And honestly, you mentioned through forty two games, Okay, he's hitting two fifty five with four homers, ten runs and sixteen steals. Would you like the countiest hats to be higher? Sure, but if you like calculate that out, we're pretty much in the ballpark, is what we're looking for. Malhuna Kirks, So he kind of it's the old dentist screen.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: He is who we thought he was, and everyone is not letting him off the hook right now. So I'm fine with him for next year as a catcher too. He's not a priority, but he's in the catcher two pool.
Speaker 1: Ten runs, in forty two games.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: It's horrendous. But the part of that is also that the Blue Jay is just suck off it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds good. It sums up this season in Toronto because like, okay, I mentioned this, I can't remember as Welsh or Bloomfield. At one of my shows, I was on over under two and a half home home runs for Vlatti the rest of the year. He has none so far. I want your thoughts.
Speaker 1: That is how you're gonna do me on a Friday, zero, I'm gonna say zero.
Speaker 2: Because I had the argument with him. I was like, I'm gonna drop him in a twelve team league and he's like, how can you drop Flatty? I'm like, take the name out of it, look at the stat line and tell me why I'm holding onto this.
Speaker 1: Somebody or today on Twitter, I think it was Eric Cross posted Hi France or Vlattie rest of season and it was like fifty to fifty and it's like, oh my god, like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: It's reasonable?
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, oh no, it's reasonable. Joe g was asking the other day something about dropping Vlattie for like forget who it was, and I was like, good lord, is this where we're show. Yeah, it might have been. I just it's all a blur, and being a Blue Jay fan tends to be a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a blur. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about a call up in a second, but I want to remind you guys about my playbook. You can manage your fancy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues with my playbook here at Fantasy Pros. It's a suite of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. You can import your team and get custom fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. It is late in the season, but you get that edge. People have stopped paying attention. They're doing fantasy football drafts. So whatever they're doing, you can sink your league today at fancypros dot com slash and will be my playbook, or download the Fantasy Pros app and get that leg up on your opponents. But I do want to talk about Braxton. I was about to say Braxton Ashcraft. For a second, I thought I was like, oh, really, okay. He's been a topic of conversation a lot between myself and Welsh recently, and it hasn't been good. It was a Braxton Ashcraft VERSU Skeens discussion and turns out that the answer was neither of them. Recently, but Braxton Garrett, he was recalled from Triple A by the Cubs. It has not been announced what he will be doing specifically. I believe there is no scheduled to start on the books for him. Roston Resource has him in the bullpen, and obviously the Cubs have about twelve starting pitchers at this point. Do you see Braxton Garrett getting a shot in the rotation soon? And do you think he's worth picking up in the meantime. The thing that stinks is when he was traded from Miami. I'm like, I love he's out of Miami because they apparently don't like him, But like, now he's behind too many pitchers in Chicago, So when he got called up, I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I think he's a long reliever right now. Unfortunately, if I knew he's in the rotation, I'd be pumped. But Clay Holmes is coming back this weekend. Edward Cabrera like, you're throwing one more rehab started to think sixty five pitch is on Wednesday, So you're Edward Abrera back soon. So that means like even Colin Ray in company are leaving the ring. They have nine or ten twelve pitchers, like you said, so I think it's a long reliever. Unfortunately, that means he's not fantasy viable right now. But man, if we get different news, I am all aboard. I love Braxton Garrett and I'd be all all about that life.
Speaker 1: I do too. I'm not really sure why they wanted to trade him. You'd figure he would have been a part of their rotation of the future. I don't know why the Cubs felt the need to go get him either, with all the starters they have and the guys they'll have coming back, you know, Horton and Steele. Eventually, A bit of an odd trade, A bit of an odd trade. I do hope he gets a chance to start with regularity there. I do want to talk about Ronald Acunya Junior's home run from last night, though just briefly, because this was a bizarre one. He hit it to the gap and left center, and I'm not sure if it hit I had a glove, a hand, a shoulder bounced over the over the wall for a home run. A Counya was standing there at first base, like, what the hell just happened here? Should I keep going? And yes, it was a whole run. Did you see this one, Babba? This was a bizarre, bizarre play last night.
Speaker 2: I only saw it once you posted about it, so yeah, I was in an out last evening. But that was a wild one reminiscent of mister Kenseko back in the day.
Speaker 1: I wish that they would major League Baseball would just let us show the video, but we'll get in all kinds of trouble for that, So go ahead and check it out yourself over on Twitter or YouTube wherever you guys should be able to find it. Let's do a little three up and three down the best and worst of last night. Lu Bob Luis Robert came alive three for six with a pair of runs scored, Bryce and Stott, who's been quietly pretty good for a while two for four with a pair of doubles, he walked and drove in a run. And then Dustin May, in his Brewers' debut, went six innings while allowing two runs, three walks, and struck out five against the Pirates. Baba, any thoughts on any of the ups there.
Speaker 2: Scott's been super super impressive over the last like two months. He's hitting like close to her over three hundred now power still not what you want, doesn't play every single day, but super super useful, especially the middle and field position. So love that. And man, I really hope this is the year the Brewers pitching and keeps it together in the postseason, because every year they get there and then they have no one to show up. But man, they've They've built the rotation that I think they could legit battle the evil Empire of the West Coast. And I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 1: I hope so too. I wanted them to go get school. I wanted them to go make the trade, and maybe they didn't need to because their rotation is pretty stacked. I know Harrison left the other day, but it doesn't seem like it's anything too seriously that time.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I saw that he left and I was immediately thinking the arm was troubling him again, But I think it was a cramp or something. The Mizz Logan Henderson, Harrison, Dustin May who has been really good, Shane Drow and Robert Gasser. Like that's a pretty stacked rotation. I was more just upset that they didn't make the offer for school, or maybe they did make the offer for school, and they said they fact that they tried.
Speaker 2: Well they did, but the Tigers came back and they wanted Logan Henderson and either made or Paynia as a part of the deal, and they quickly said no. And I don't blame him for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I don't blame them either. I just I don't know. I want somebody to put up as strong of a fight as they can against the Dodgers. Do you see Chris Rose's rant about this the other day? He was ranting about the Brewers and the Rays. I don't know if you're Chris Rose. Guy. I really like Chris Rose.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love Chris Rose. I'm bummed he doesn't have his podcast really anymore. In the rotation he has a smaller formed on them. But yeah, I love Chris Rose.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does the job boys stuff. But he went on this rant with Trevor Ploof about the Brewers and the Rays, about how many World Series they've won and about how many times they fully pushed all the chips into the middle, and it's like, just make the effort. You know, whatever you've done throughout your franchise's history does not work to this point. You got absolutely dog walked in the playoffs last year. Make the big move. We'll see what happens. I hope that it pays off for them, really hoping that the Brewers can make some noise and dethrowing the Dodgers. Let's go to the downs. Nolan McLain, who's been really good as of late, a little bit of an up and down season earlier on in the year, he really settled into a groove and then yes, today he got smacked by the Guardians five and runs eight hits and three walks. Ryan Reynolds, who has had a very good season overall, oh for four with three k's, and then Luis Lara oh for three with three k's as well. But any thoughts there on any of those guys. Lilan McClain, any concern there for him at all?
Speaker 2: Not really with McLain, Oh Plea's not just getting tired, which is one start. He's been really good, as you mentioned. But Lara's the one I'd keep a keep an eye on, folks. He's only getting playing time due to injuries right now, Like Bowers is banged up, but Laura has not been really that impressive to me, So if you're rostering Laura, you could probably move.
Speaker 1: On from that. I think so too. I think in most leagues, I feel like the majority of you guys are penning twelve team leagues, you can definitely move on if you're still holding him. There, let's take a look at some injuries. It's an interesting injury report today, So the Red Sox could look to bring back Errett Crochet later in the season as a reliever. Fordunt to manager Chad Tracy, stretching him out to six innings by September is probably not feasible, and they will look to see if they can get some relief innings out of him down the stretch, and then maybe who knows, once October rolls around, maybe he can give you five or six innings or so. Let's say we hear that Crochet is coming back for three to four inning spurts any fantasy interest there. We saw him in that role a couple of years ago and it wasn't super fantasy viable at the end of his White Sox tenure. But if we know he's getting three innings, any interest at all.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, Like this whole season, Crochet has a watched to me, and I know the Red Sox all of a sudden, and so they need even three innings in October, it'd be awesome out of him. But yeah, fantasy, what has I'm out?
Speaker 1: I think so too. I'm always so tempted in those situations, like what if he gives you three innings, seven strikeouts, zero zero ratios every time. But like after the year he's had, missing the entirety of it, coming back and looking like Pete Crochet is probably not going to go super super well, So I think I'd agree there. He also said Chat and Tracy, that is said that Adley Rutchman is close to going on a rehab assignment but still has some boxes to check. What are your thoughts been about Adley this year? I think the trade was one of the most shocking. It was more shocking to me than the school trade because we knew that was coming. Adley getting dealt into Vision was pretty wild. What do you make of Adley in his career to this point? I mean, if you look at Fangraf's war in his career, I think he's third or fourth among catchers, but there's been a lot of mistime. What do you make of him up about the stage of his career.
Speaker 2: I've kind of been an anti Adley guy for the last few years, Like he had a monster twenty twenty three, but average is dropped every year. Power has been inconsistent, more impressed. More importantly, it's been injuries have been catching up with him, which happens at the catcher's position. I was also worried about him and Besillah at the same time this year, but they made that work surprisingly. But yeah, I'm just I'm not an Adley guy. I get flak for it every year when I make my stance, and I'll continue to make my stance because it's worked for three straight years, and we'll see where that still goes.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I mean, he went from one incompetent organization to another one certain respects. I mean, the Red Sox have.
Speaker 2: Been very good as the Jay's finn, this is true, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean the Orioles just disastrous with their prospects over the years. The Red Sox trading history of the last couple years not looking great. But we'll see. I mean I heard people saying, like, how could they give up this crazy prospect Hall and then Lance Brasdowski went out there and said, like they got some damage goods here for lack of a better term, and they might have got screwed a little bit with their return. Who knows, who knows? With Breslo, let's talk about Connolly Early speaking of Red Sox trades that are dodgy to the point, it looks like a lose lose to this point with Meat getting hurt and now Connolly Early's throwing program was paused after he experienced forearm tightness in between innings of his VP session earlier this week. I don't think we see him again this year, Bubba, especially with the one Nationals are looking. I think he's done for the year.
Speaker 2: There's zero reason to push him right now. Like that trade, I liked it. It was a good trade for both sides. The meat is what the Red Sox needed at the time, early controllable years of a potentially pretty good arm. You're building him for the future. Don't push this at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Wood is hurt. They traded Luis Garcia, they traded Foster Griffin. Like they're five games under five hundred. There's no need to push something here, Tommy j Early, I mean we might be getting to Tommy Jay. We hope no, but probably I hope not, but I think we can kind of see the writing on the wall right now. Speaking of pitcher injuries, we'll head back to my neck of the woods. Traya Savage has a moniscous injury and will be evaluated by a specialist on Monday. Specialist always leaves the potential for surgery open here. My guess is that we don't see Tray Savage again this year. The Jays have absolutely no need to push things. There had been some ups and downs, a lot of command issues from Treya Savage. To see a full drop across the board, bubber or do you want to wait for some more news first?
Speaker 2: When I heard specialists, he's a drop for me. If you want to wait till Monday, you're probably going to realize you're dropping him next weekend. But yeah, it's just like you said, the Jay's aren't in it. Your Savage has been struggling with command of late. When they say he's got a minisk injury, usually they'll tell you if it's torn. They didn't say anything, So that makes me wonder what's really going on, then the specialist, Yeah, he's go on for me, I'd be shocked if he pitches this year.
Speaker 1: If the ja's were in contention, maybe they'd want to, you know, do something they get him back, you know, injections this, whatever. There's no point. There's just there's just no point to push the guy who's probably the future ace of the staff or one and two a cease anyway, there's just there's just no need for it. Joe Ryan is dealing with the gluten strain and it looks like he's headed for the injured list, and at this time of year, I think whenever anybody goes on the injured list you have the keeper drop question, things would look pretty rough for him. You posted that quote in the leading off chat a couple of days ago about how hard it was for Joe Ryan to be pitching right now. I'm not optimistic going forward this season, Bubba, Is he a drop for you? At this point?
Speaker 2: I want to see more news from him, actually, like I want to see what's going on. You put on the IL later today most likely, but I want to hear works. I think he's supposed to get a second opinion, which never good either but it was weird because like he had the dead arm that made a start get pushed back, and then he comes out and says he has a lower body injury and now he's got So that's the glute we're talking about. I want to see more, but it's one of those like if he's out for four weeks, we have seven weeks to go, so he'll probably be a drop. I'd like to hear a little more of a timetable for him, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I agree with you on that front. Some good news that Jake Bowers is hopeful to be back in the Brewers line up on Friday, continues to work his way back from an abdominal strain and Spencer arraghetti. Of course, the newest Blue Jays acquisition had to leave his rehab start on Thursday after appearing to re injure his right foot. So definitely no bueno there. Let's head to the home run board and we do want to make a shout out. Actually, this one comes from Kelly from the Wonky Penguin. The shout out CCD goalie who's loyal follower had trouble getting on Discord all season long. I can definitely relate as a guy who is pretty bad with tech stuff, and he got his first home run call yesterday, So shout out to CCD. Let's take a look at the big board, Hi, Coby. I mean I've been saying it for a couple of weeks. Starting to pull away a little bit here, fifty homers, league goal at forty three, solar flare at four, forty, whips of forty, Jay's fans club at forty. It's looking pretty dark for pretty much everybody else here. I mean at Lee's saying in the chat, slow down, you never know. But Hi, Koby has just been absolutely dominating this contest for pretty much the entirety of the season. But where are you going today for your home run call? See? We can try and catch up here.
Speaker 2: There's this Merril Kelly guy pitching in Arizona against the Dodgers. So I'm going to take a some like considered easy, but I don't care, because you took the guy I really wanted. I'm going show hey O Tony tonight, show heyo, TONI I think he's as bad as then he has been for him, the power is still there. I think he's going deep. Might even be a Lee left home run tonight, I.
Speaker 1: Could definitely see it. CCD is saying only forty nine back now, there's a lot of season left. Its close to forty some odd days. He hit a homer every single day. You never know what could happen. I am going with WILLI or bray you today he's facing Jack Perkins, who, my god, a six seventy two era, a one forty whip. You've just been getting lit up all season long. And will you are brak you has been spicy hot as of late, so we're going to take will You're there. And if you guys are looking for some help making your own home run picks, do check out the Betting pros new home run tool that we have bettingpros dot com slash Homer's home run probabilities data driven from matchups to stadium's weather conditions. You can check out all the picks at bettingpros dot com slash Homers. And we take a look today and Jake Bauers, who looking like he's gonna be back plus four hundred, looking like the best value on the board, Joe mac versus George Glass And if you want to see some high ratios, go take a look at George classenstats so far this year, small sample size but still brutal. And then Gryffin Conine also against class In. There all of them at high plus money numbers, so make sure you guys are checking those out. There's a couple of comments about the prospects in the chat. Culpepper was culled up by the Twins Mike Curlin can finally be happy there, and then George Lumbard Junior for the Yankees, who hit a home run in his first game. He had a hit in the second game. What's your interest level on both of them going forward, Baba? And if you had to choose between one and the other, where would you go?
Speaker 2: Here? Culpepper is the better prospect in my opinion. Again, I'm not a tremendous prospect person, but he's a better prospect. But we know Lombard's got the job. I'm assuming Colepepper gets the job if they're calling him up. So if we by the end of the week we see Colepepper's playing every day, I'll take Culpepper. But both are pretty good choices. In my opinion.
Speaker 1: I think I'll go Culpepper too. There. The Yankees as a whole. Holy god, man, if you look back, I've talked about the stats over the last month, the Yankees are like the twenty eighth, twenty ninth ranked offense over the last month. It really shows you how important Judges. Obviously we know Judge is important, but to the degree that he impacts the rest of that lineup, my god. Without him there, they're not great. And I know I've been bashing the entirety of the Al East today, but what do you expect from it from a Jays fan. Let's get to our best bets of the day, brought to you by our presenting sponsors at hard Rock Bet. Some fans are calling this a slow period until football season. We do not agree with them. We call it baseball season. And this summer hard Rock Bet has the hottest bet odds in Florida. There's a ten cent summer sale. There's no big no juice, no fee. They're cutting all of that on winner spreads and over under pregame baseball bets. It's the same bets, but better odds. So, Baba, where are you headed today for your hard rock best bet?
Speaker 2: I'm taking a Drew Rasmussen over seven k is I juic stood up a bit his His line's around five and a half, but he's struck out at least nine in his last two starts. We've seen the strike out rate continue to go up with Drew Rasmussen. It's sketchy at times. He has to be efficient, I get it, but he's facing a just struggling Mariners offense, a Mayor's offense. It only strikes out about twenty percent of the time, So it's going to be rubber meets road in this one. The Rasmusin's looked as dominant as most in baseball over the last you know, a few starts, and I'll take him at a nearly plus two hundred to get over seven strike cuts.
Speaker 1: I am going to be going for the Atlanta Braves. It looks like it will be Chris Sale and Max Free today. Braves on the money line at plus one point thirty. Really liking that number considering the pitching matchup, considering how the Braves have looked as of late. So give me the Braves money line at plus one thirty today. And if you guys are looking to check out hard rock bet, a five dollars bet gets you one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. If your bet wins, that's right, an extra one hundred and fifty into your count. And hard Rock Bet maybe Florida's only legal sportsbook, but you do not have to be in Florida to join the party. Hard Rock Bet is also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan, with more states on the way. So grab your bat and swing for the fences all August long during hard Rock Bets ten cent Summer Sale. Download the hard Rock Bet app today and roll with us. Payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus in physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one a three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it in Arizona, Ohio and Virginia call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, Bubba, I think that will pretty much do it. I mean, maybe we could take a couple of questions here just so we could maybe get closer to the over. Don't think we'll get to the over, but let's see what we can do. Alex Bregman or Austin Riley for next season, Man, it's a toss up for me right now, they'll probably ranking pretty closely. I think maybe Riley I'd take all the bounce back, but I've also been saying that for four years now, So what do you think, Bleba?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably be out on both, but I'd take Riley just because the ceiling's there. He's so frustrating. He still hit them all so darn hard. It's just he stinks, and so this season Bragman, next season, potentially Riley. It's I hope I don't have to make that decision.
Speaker 1: Not either Ryan Jeffers or Von Herrera. Rest of season standard categories plus on base percentage.
Speaker 2: Jeffers is really good at OBP, but Jeffers is her Ara has been nice cold the last like two months.
Speaker 1: And we'll do one more here. Start Nathan Eavaldi today. Anthany Uvaldi today will be going up against the Baltimore Orioles. Baba, what say you?
Speaker 2: I start him, But I understand the question because it's been bad of late. I wrote him up last night for an article, and like three or four of his last five starts, it's basically been three runs or more. He came out six runs in his last outing. But the strikeouts are still there, like the stuff is still there for Yuvaldi. He's just getting hit around the park a little bit. And I take my chances against Baltimore. But I understand the trepidation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would too. You know, he really ranks high if you look at like rest of season projections and things of that nature. Still And actually it's an easy way for me to plug the show that I have coming out this weekend. Marty Tallman was my guest on the Fantasy Pros Baseball podcast this week for my weekly guest show, Love Marty, Great guy. We caught up for the first time in a while and we talked rest of season projections. We went over the bat X Top thirty rest of season hitters Top thirty rest of season pitchers just talked a boy some of the names that stood out to us, So that one a lot of fun six pm Eastern today on the YouTube channel and should be similar time on the podcast feed as well. Also, make sure you guys are tuning in next week because you will see a duo that I'm not sure you've seen in the leading off chair together. And I don't know if Bubba, have you been a host like in the host chair for a Fantasy Pro show before? It probably has been a while if you.
Speaker 2: Have not on Fantasy pros. No, they've never let me have the keys to the car, but they might not let me do it again. But we're gonna try it a couple of times. At least next week.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have Bubba and the Wonky Penguin here coming at you on Monday. I will be off all of next week, so you guys get a break from seeing my mug. You guys are very very lucky in that regard. But make sure you're still tuning in support the channel, supporting Bubba and Kelly, and you will see I think Welshould Bogman as well later on in the week. So you get the entire cast of characters coming at you here on leading off. But again make sure you subscribe, comment like do all that great stuff. We really do appreciate it. Keep the football people away, folks, keep supporting baseball. We really do appreciate it. Guys. But for Casey Bubba, I am Joel Rica. We will talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros. Have a great weekend, everybody.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB