Speaker 1: They get a little They called me broadcast live from Atlanta, the Ball Show.
Speaker 2: I thought by the name before I go by the name, you know, beat Superstar, uh the the.
Speaker 1: Goat at Yl Jacob A t yeh Jacob. Who did you bring with you, sir?
Speaker 3: I brought Javar Javoor? Yeah that's his name.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Where are you from? I'm from here? From where I'm from here? Okay, you're from here?
Speaker 3: What part is here? Like? Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, no side. What's up at L Jacob? What's up?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: You already know?
Speaker 4: Just you got more jewelry now now at L Jacob? You know, you a family of the show. I feel like every time you come it's just more layers of jury.
Speaker 1: Nah, you know the first time you can't even had no jewelry on.
Speaker 3: You know what's crazy about that? I had? That interview was crazy. I just woke up.
Speaker 1: Wait what wasn't wait what you you was? You was drinking the night before.
Speaker 3: I don't drink and smoke for real.
Speaker 1: I was just you just woke up on bullshit? Man. That's how you started off the show. I'm starting off the show like that. Damn.
Speaker 3: But you know that. Just you know, we're in a better place now. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: How is a T. L.
Speaker 3: Jacob doing now? Now?
Speaker 2: Is this is this your man?
Speaker 3: Your artists? Yeah? Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Just started working with him. We're going crazy. We're looking to put something out soon. He wanted them one.
Speaker 3: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now when we first, when you first came on the ball Up Show, you weren't putting out music, as they tell Jacob, you were producing music.
Speaker 1: Now that you then came back, you got songs out.
Speaker 3: More songs on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talk about that because I know you got got you a situation now.
Speaker 5: Yeaheah, you know, still got got a situation on Trim Records.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I called it?
Speaker 1: So how how you spell that?
Speaker 2: Just t R I m R I M okay trim Wait?
Speaker 1: So did you wait? So did you leave your situation and started a new situation? Were you even in a situation?
Speaker 3: So, like you're saying with the old label that yeah, the old label?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like you know, the guy was in business with I partnered it up with, Like you know, I heard some stuff about him that well not even heard, but found out some stuff about him that wasn't like that doesn't ever associate I don't want to know started. It's just like yeah and started, Trim. You had to, you know, stay away from stuff like that because.
Speaker 3: Like what you mean stuff like that?
Speaker 5: My character, you know, it could be associated with something like that. So I had to immediately just step away, you know.
Speaker 3: I let him from your own company. I let him have it.
Speaker 1: He was like, gotchcause you partnered with somebody.
Speaker 3: Well, I started, and then we partnered it up. But then.
Speaker 5: I could build something again, you know. Plus that when it was just coming off the ground. So it's like it ain't nothing to start over if it didn't go crazy.
Speaker 2: So what is trim mean trim your definition of it?
Speaker 3: I mean like I'm trim Like it's trum. The music trim tru.
Speaker 5: It's good, it's popping, it's fire fire, yeah, it's lit like overly trump.
Speaker 2: Now, are you looking to sign more artists, more producers?
Speaker 3: What we're doing here with.
Speaker 5: That always more talent, you know, the talent that just stands out, like because it's a lot of stuff that I like, but it's rare when you find something that you just love that ain't Yeah, that's trum like that ain't me out yet.
Speaker 4: I'll see you wrong with with the lingo. So how did you guys end up start working? How did you find them?
Speaker 3: Actually, my father is that?
Speaker 1: Okay, my father's acon. Wait time wait wait, wait time. I stopped say that, So stop the fucking interview. Stop the fucking interview. You just gonna sit up here and you just skip all that ship. It's just gonna yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't gonna say it, but I was like, I guess for better context it.
Speaker 1: To make more sense how you even got in that room.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell the story.
Speaker 1: Story.
Speaker 3: He grew up like that, so he's gonna tell the normal. I'm gonna tell the story, right.
Speaker 1: Boom casually say yeah, my dad's call older done.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm in the studio him and I think we was just bowling him and a con come through. Boom, you know what I mean, a come We did a couple of songs, vibing out working. It's all of you know, all of me, Polo acn know. It was a room, people full of people. So a coon plays some some songs that he been working on. I'm like, damn, the beats are crazy. So I found out he made the be He like, yeah, my son made the beats. Then well then his brother too. He got a brother and make beats too. So he like, man, you gotta work with my son telling you he's the one.
Speaker 3: He's better than me. So he said it. Yeah, his son was like I'm in A was like, yeah, he better.
Speaker 1: Than Never heard him say something like that, like.
Speaker 5: Oh for real, I ain't thinking nothing of it. I'm outside in the car chilling. He like he just walked OU like, yoa, I can play some of my music.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who he is.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, yeah, you play something I don't. I don't know that this bro son that he was just talking about, right, And I'm like yeah. So he started playing it and I'm like yeah, it's ship cool. And then it gets deep into the song, Oh ship crazy, I don't play another one.
Speaker 3: You're like, play another one. I'm like, but you crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm like, who are you? Like, I'm javor. He's like, oh, you a con son. I was like, that's making sense. Ship crazy. So till then we just linked up. After then, it's just it's been working. So now I was working on getting distribution. So now it's like, because you know, I start a new company now just go crazy and.
Speaker 2: You have Now that is that your real name on your driver's license? It is a super long name.
Speaker 1: That's my real name. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: Wait for long the African name.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to know if I hand like thirteen middle names?
Speaker 1: Are you American? Are you the americanized? Akon? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay? What type of questions.
Speaker 1: I'm from the Islands. I'm a very Americanized version of me.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't even know. I'm Jamaican, have Jamaican and have Beaijing. My parents don't know, but I'm American. People don't where like because I'm Senegalese. But most of the time they can tell in my accent somehow. Even though I don't feel like I have a Senegalese accent, you probably do. So they can talk about how I look, or they would know about my last name.
Speaker 3: What's the last floor? Then?
Speaker 2: Okay, but usually it's either about a look or my accent. If people don't know who my dad is, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: Do you like telling people like do you kind of just be like I don't want to people.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just like it's kind of pointless. I don't necessarily feel like I have to. It's like if it comes up, it comes up, but it wouldn't be mentioned for me. It would just be something you find on your own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like without them knowing it. So when I love your music's genuine love. It ain't like, oh the gun so this shit hard, it's like this crazy.
Speaker 2: I like how you didn't leave with that when I first met you.
Speaker 1: You just was like, yeah, yeah, okay, cool that. What's up now?
Speaker 2: How is uh Atil Jacob as a father going these days?
Speaker 1: My brother?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, you know, same things as normal dad, do you know, putting the kids to bed, waking them up, getting ready for school, dropping them off at school, picking them up from school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doing Do you find it easier now to do dad life or is it still kind of like hectic a little bit?
Speaker 5: Or uh, it's a lot more structure now now that the kids are older, well I wouldn't say too old. You know, they got older. They in school now, so it's a lot more structure. So as they in school or like doing their extracurricular activities, give me time to go work during the day. And it helped me sleep at night now instead of me standing up all night in the studio.
Speaker 2: Are you staying up all night in the studio? You're doing the studio during the day now.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I do it during the day. Okay, through the studio during the day.
Speaker 2: So atl Jacob is getting some rest. Yeah wow, yeah, man, that sounds crazy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I have bags under my eyes for like since since like middle school.
Speaker 3: So it's like now I'm getting some real rest. That has some money bags.
Speaker 2: Now now as a as a as a you know, multi platinum major producer, you have to uh supply do you have Do you have any type of structured deals that you have to supply these beats for a particular label. Do you have partnerships or like deliberals? Yeah, do you have deliverables? Like what's your day to day look like?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I just do anything I want, literally just wake up, make music. I might record, make make beats. I might do both.
Speaker 2: How do you keep track of Okay, yeah, this song from the goal or this song got placed because you you could possibly send the same beat to the same person, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's why I don't send beat you know.
Speaker 5: But like a I record some crazy songs, it would be like a lot of the music music on come out because I record some crazy songs and then like I end up giving it away to.
Speaker 2: Artists, the whole song that you recorded, the idea of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is there a fee for that?
Speaker 3: Oh? Of course?
Speaker 1: How much is that.
Speaker 3: All you're doing?
Speaker 2: So if someone is just seeing this interview right now and they be like, man, how can I get in contact with this guy?
Speaker 1: How much does that cost? What does that look like? Is that a possibility?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: If you signed to the label, it's easier to get in contact with me because.
Speaker 1: Reach out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so no, one can't just walk up to you and be like, hey man, how much for a beat?
Speaker 5: I don't like that question because you put me on the spot to do business in a place where I'm not even doing thinking about business right now?
Speaker 3: Well, that business I'm probably doing.
Speaker 2: So it should be more organic, like, hey man, can I get studio time with you? Maybe we can create.
Speaker 3: Something work, let me hear your ship or you know, beat a concern.
Speaker 1: Now listen, don't forget they hosting.
Speaker 3: The show with us.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, so you want to do ball of Man, Yeah, let's.
Speaker 1: Do all the time for baller Man.
Speaker 2: Oh man, here we go let me pull this mother up. Dear ball alert. My sister fell on some really hard times, so I took her in. But she has been the biggest burden on me. She has a four year old child, and I know there's no there's no one left to help her out. Her and her child have broken things in my home and she doesn't clean up after herself.
Speaker 1: What should I do?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's a conversation they need to have. And so you got to tell them, bad ass kids, you know what I'm saying. They gotta they gotta calm down a little bit, and you.
Speaker 1: Need to you need to talk to your family members. So you gotta clean up after yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, definitely. Uh. You know, I don't like getting people's business.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, you are in the business for advice.
Speaker 5: You know, more like you know, sometimes stuff don't be deeper than just the conversations. Like people make stuff too deep. A conversation will literally figure it out.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't like you know.
Speaker 1: So just talk, Just have a conversation with each other.
Speaker 5: You just have a conversation. Hey, your kids do this. I don't think you disciplined them. The way, right way is that okay if I disciplined them because at the same time is in my house, or maybe they don't want the kids disciplin about you.
Speaker 3: But hey said, you got set boundaries as brothers and sisters.
Speaker 1: Your answer about at J it's a lot of growth.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, I'll say the same thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, hell no. What type of answer is that. I need you to tell me what you think?
Speaker 3: That's a nigger answer man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have a conversation. You know, base it off of a time period. See if you could get things sorted in a.
Speaker 1: Certain amount of time, what would you do in that situation.
Speaker 2: Me, personally, I'm pretty cold hearted, and it depends on how long I was talking to the person. So you said, oh, yeah, it's a nephews just being bad as hell. Yeah, conversation, conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not someone you just want to throw out. Now you just said you was cold hearted, But now question wrong. I'm thinking this is like really hard time. Yeah, I took her in. That part is on doubt. But she has been the biggest burden on me.
Speaker 2: She has a four year old child, and I know there's no one left to help her out.
Speaker 1: Her and breaking things in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, half that conversation. You know what I'm saying, set those boundaries. That's definitely not what you could just throw out. That's your sister.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Take them in.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I just say amen, cop with COVID territory, I want to take.
Speaker 5: I will you to just do what you gotta do. Just make sure because everybody in life you get used. Just make sure you're not getting misused by your family.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? Yeah, time for love versus money?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, love versus money? You ready? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You say said it is now time for love versus It's fun.
Speaker 2: BT is gonna say two people and we got to decide if they're together for love or for the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's the couple BT, Kirk and Rashid.
Speaker 2: I'm going first, You go first.
Speaker 1: That's love right there.
Speaker 2: Anytime someone has a baby on somebody and they stay, that is love.
Speaker 1: That is not well, no, I could be capped. That could be the check. But in this case, they both getting the check.
Speaker 4: So what you think it is?
Speaker 1: That's love? Rashida really love Kirk? I mean they both getting a check. But they could be getting it. That's why I said it's a check. I mean, that's why I think. I think it's check together better than.
Speaker 2: I don't like getting an embarrassing check though, don't embarrass me, and we're getting a check nah.
Speaker 1: But what he's saying is they might be getting a check together, so it might be for the check. I don't like the.
Speaker 2: Little I don't like the little salt though that's a lot. That's a lot of salt on my name.
Speaker 1: You then have a whole baby and it's on TV and curt my goud on. But you know, damn, you watched the show. She cry every every season. They restaurant good. I don't like it. I think it's love.
Speaker 4: I forgot the name of the restaurant, but they got some good food. So for the love and for the money, I say love to.
Speaker 5: I don't really know who that is that situation, but if you say that he had a baby on or something and she stayed, maybe it is love.
Speaker 1: I think it's love. She loved that man, bro.
Speaker 4: I think it's for love too, because you got to think about they've been on love and hip hop for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've seen it's had to be at least ten years. Had to be at least ten years. They lasted long than Stevie J.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't even know where he is.
Speaker 1: Huh, stop stop, I know who that is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I met him. I met him once. Uh in the studios.
Speaker 1: I thought, I say, party, I'm just saying I actually.
Speaker 3: Never met I don't know, I never met nothing, never been to stuff.
Speaker 1: Good answer, No, good, that's good. I'm happy you said that, my guy. I stand they see you now, but you know, sometimes.
Speaker 3: Be to what we got crazy.
Speaker 1: I ain't even doing that.
Speaker 4: Roight.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't come on, man, I don't want to do it. Go ahead, bro, that's that man asked about what? You know what you want to ask them? I just want to ask you. How how's your relationship with Tim's now? That's a good question.
Speaker 5: I mean I haven't spoke to her personally except for you know, the Twitter. I guess the Twitter thing.
Speaker 3: Understanding.
Speaker 5: But that's why I was so quick to shut it down, you know, not go back and forth, because just as a man, I can't go back and.
Speaker 3: Forth with a woman. You know, I speak my truth and they know what I'm saying. How do they feel?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 3: But it went on their side, but I just left it at that, like I ain't got no you will or nothing.
Speaker 2: I do have a question for you when you did come on the ball or show the last time? Was that like the first time, like the internet really kind of was in your business a little bit that you saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how did it make you feel? I know, we spoke, We spoke off Carray because you know I was speaking.
Speaker 3: He was mad, he was mad at us.
Speaker 1: I think he was mad at us.
Speaker 3: I was. It was more like, uh, I say, like because you know I was speaking, you know.
Speaker 1: I was looking at it like just having a conversation.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we gotta I gotta remember that it is camera, so I gotta but that also of how I say things because they could be misinterpreted correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but did that also make you realize like how popular you are?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like you was like, damn, like people care that much about you know, I know they know.
Speaker 5: The name, so it's like for them to learn to face and like me be sick at the time and just waiting up so like so now, uh so putting the face to the name, you know, Yeah, it wasn't a good look because I was fried that day.
Speaker 1: You know what does that mean? Like, I know what I know, I know what it means, but a lot of a lot you know, it's gonna be out of my mind.
Speaker 3: God was out of my mind.
Speaker 2: So speaking of misinterpreted some things that got misinterpreted on Twitter the other day too.
Speaker 1: Because you called a stray my boy.
Speaker 3: I was so confused, Like, so listen, I'm gonna tell you what happened.
Speaker 4: So at l j Go posted on Twitter at probably a not good time to post on Twitter. He said, these holes always getting exposed and ain't got no home training future lyrics.
Speaker 1: And Cardi B said, no Pete stopped playing with me, or I'm gonna violate you you stay shading me. I ain't gonna say the rest.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that thing was.
Speaker 5: I was confused because I've never shaded her once, Like I don't even really throw shape. I think the only time I ever threw some shade on Twitter was like to like.
Speaker 3: One of my exes or someone I was heartbroken.
Speaker 5: Who knows, but at the end of the day, you know, men be heartbroken, but I don't shave her, never shaded her for one your husband, well now x or whatever y'all going through that's my boy.
Speaker 3: So it's like, why would I shave you? So it's like, at the end of the day, I know that shit.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, you his BM no matter what. So it's like, y'all relationship gonna always be up and down. So it's like, why would I make some type of tension there between me and you first and then thinking about you a woman? Like as a man, I can't go back and forth with a woman. I don't even go back and forth with no women in my life, you know. I've always been taught like, you know, you got to just let them have it because sometimes they don't understand.
Speaker 3: They'll understand it later and come back apologize.
Speaker 2: But no conversation since the missing interpreted tweet that she thought, Nah.
Speaker 5: You know, I feel like it was definitely I guess it was a moment going around at the time when I tweeted it, I personally, I personally didn't see the.
Speaker 3: Moment of the drama on what was going on because.
Speaker 1: We was at work. I called it. I called it later that night. I've seen it.
Speaker 4: I seen what was happening, and I and you know, I know you said, offset is one of your friends. Do you think maybe that's why she misinterpreted, because she like, oh, his friend gonna post some stuff like this while we going back and forth to like defend him.
Speaker 1: Or you know, you know, however she took it.
Speaker 3: I honestly have no clue.
Speaker 5: I was just completely confused. So that's why, like, you know, I didn't even argue back and forth. I'm just like, yo, I ain't shade you, never shaded you. I don't even know what's going on. I just responded to a tweet that I didn't agree with that was went viral on Twitter, and the comments. The tweet comments didn't say Cardi be all offset or nothing. So I'm like, oh, this ain't This is just a crazy to you. All I seen was women defending it and some women against it. So I was just like, man, this is a crazy thing to try the stand on.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I didn't know what was going on. Yeah, I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Now, just somebody somebody called you, was like, hey, man, did you see what you know? How do you signed out?
Speaker 5: Literally right when she tweeted me, Uh, I think I was on Twitter scrolling. Then the notification popped up. Cardi B quoted you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, I'm like, way she quoted, I started going after that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to I don't want to drag it out too long. Well, we appreciate you pulling up on us. What do we have coming out this year?
Speaker 3: This year?
Speaker 1: I mean it's last quarter twenty four hot.
Speaker 5: You know, artists always dropped last minute. I mean I do got some special stuff coming out. You know, they never want me to talk about it.
Speaker 1: But who was the people?
Speaker 3: A couple of artists?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, got some artists that you're working with.
Speaker 3: Big of course, he said, say d L.
Speaker 1: Jacob.
Speaker 5: You know I still work with artists, but it's like, uh, you know, they want to figure out what they got going on, so you know, I don't never announce it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, definitely got something coming soon.
Speaker 4: So do you know when you can, like when you're get a placement as a producer, or does it just when artists like, oh, okay, I did this record for this artist and I don't even know if it's gonna come out or not.
Speaker 3: Nah, you know it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'll do songs and i'd be like, I don't know when those coming out that I do, Like a couple of songs like, oh, these crazy I know these coming out for sure.
Speaker 3: So that's when I know I got my plate, my for sure.
Speaker 5: Placements where I make an undeniably crazy song that's like my vibe is like, I know these coming out. But all the other songs that be like, you know that just sound like album cuts, I'd be like, maybe maybe not.
Speaker 2: And when we have some music coming out together, what we got going on?
Speaker 5: Man, most likely Q one, But I hate announcing it because I don't want to jinx it.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm looking Well, we're just say saying what we're doing, bringing and rather crazy.
Speaker 1: You'll send up some records too, got you. You know you're on the radio too, so you know you gotta pull up on this man. Take over the whole take over the whole show.
Speaker 3: Nat.
Speaker 4: But Jacob, I do want to know what's your take on music right now with the females being so hot, do you feel like I saw with hit Maker said that you know, uh, Drake and Kendrick they kind of messed up like the algorithm of music and that's why you know, the only hot male artist right now is Future.
Speaker 5: You know what, It's okay with the female my favorite my favorite female artists like that actually like do good like you know, of course Nikki she undeniably like you know hard.
Speaker 3: I like a lot of a lot of fire, especially like her last project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she went insane on it. Of course sets he read. It's like some new stuff. I heard what sets she read that she been working on too. That I like because you know, she got some real life stuff that she's talking about at the same time she been you know, since she read. So then like my top three of like female artists that I like really enjoy.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Glorially?
Speaker 1: I feel like Glow really kind of like.
Speaker 5: Oh no, yeah, like this rapper out I got to mention Glow. She got this one record, uh that she previewed. She did the Wipe Me Down, that one crazy. I forgot about that one. Yeah, they forgot about Glow. Shout out a little runnye. That's somebody who's been working with her. He been going crazy with her. He don't want who did all the hot stuff, so he got her going crazy. So them two together, that's a sound right there that I like so same way like Lotto and go Griz like shout up both of them, like they got that sound.
Speaker 4: Like, now, what do you think these these rappers, these the male rappers, the male rappers, what do the male rappers need to do to step their game up?
Speaker 2: Because it's female dominated right now.
Speaker 5: The ones who are going, I mean, they got like stop boxing theyself in, like you gotta see our future. Just put out three projects this year, right, a street project, one for the girls, and then one for his day one. Yeah, he not boxing himself in. That's what a lot of artists do, Like like Drake never bots himself in. You see Drake, He'll speak Patoy, then he'll speak Arabic Spanish and he like you know, melloted rapp.
Speaker 3: He never bots himself in. So like tar to mail rapper, you know, stop himself in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Well you know your sound and your subject of what you talk about, because you know every song you gotta be about drilling.
Speaker 3: You know, that was an era. I say that was a good era for about two three years.
Speaker 2: Say switch it on different things. Also opens your brain up to write it about different things, because certainly you just have to dive into different topics.
Speaker 1: So when you're doing the same thing a lot, you also get.
Speaker 2: Drowned out, Like you be like I don't know what saying, So basically a different type of bea you kind of forced to come out out of whatever it is. You know we're talking about before facts.
Speaker 3: I like that question.
Speaker 4: That was a good question, yeah, because I mean I've just seen you know, hit Maker posted that and it went like crazy viral, and I mean I liked it. I liked y'all take on it because basically they're saying like you gotta you know, you can't box yourself in, and you gotta start trying different things because it's like people go out, not everybody want to hear about shooting at the ops. Not you know what I'm saying, Like some girls.
Speaker 1: It is usually just having a moment for everybody.
Speaker 2: So it's like I'm gonna do something cater to every type of group, and I feel like your daddy's son.
Speaker 1: Now, look, we appreciate y'all pulling up.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody how to follow you on Instagram is j X H t R O R, Spotify, jav or Apple, Busy Java or all my social beauty media is Java or except on Instagram HBO.
Speaker 1: I do, but I don't use it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You probably don't need to use it, right, I feel like, what's your favorite appter you? You sound young? How old are you? Okay? My favorite app to youse is a TikTok nah, definitely Instagram.
Speaker 3: It's just so.
Speaker 2: I thought, you mean, all we already you should already know how to follow this guy a t L Jacob right there you go.
Speaker 3: Just look on one of the blocks going crazy.
Speaker 1: Also be streaming on Twitter. Okay, okay, that's a good place to be.
Speaker 3: H cool.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you guys playing our time to interview y'all go ahead, But so how y'all get started?
Speaker 1: Damn this.
Speaker 2: Exactly, not this exact show, just this this this field. Yeah, I mean, I could go back to the beginning. I always just was a talkative ass motherfucker. I always talked a lot. I always was like interviewing people. I'll just be like, hey, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's just what I always that just sports and I just talked a lot. So I always used to love listening to the radio and be like, yeah, I want to do that. I just but my teachers always be like, yeah, that's not a real job because very few people definitely, So you know, I went to college communication internship and then I'll never forget. I came to atlant because I'm from Florida. I came to Atlanta for a summer and I saw an African American guy in a Ferrari.
Speaker 1: And I just was like, I gotta be up here.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a black person. I'm from West pom Beast, Florida, but also Tampa. And you know, it's not really unless you're an athlete.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, You're making money. You know what I'm saying, be teachime in. But I just came to Atlanta and I just saw Hope's people that look like me, young making money in entertainment.
Speaker 1: I kept saying, Oh, I got to move up here. Yeah, that's what I didn't get hired. They hired someone bi lingual.
Speaker 2: So I was like, yep, I'm out because in Florida you gotta speak two languages. Down South Florida you have to speak Spanish. Fact, it's a whole it's reggae thrown. There's a whole bunch of ship going on down there.
Speaker 1: So you slip got to be bilingual to identify with the population geographically move around people that look.
Speaker 3: Like me, like me over that what I did. That's how that's how I got on for real.
Speaker 1: Well, my teacher never told me I was going to be shipped. I'm just playing. My teachers knew I was going to be the ship. I mean, I mean because everybody had to say.
Speaker 3: My teachers told me I was going to make it, and I did.
Speaker 1: She was told that after I yarned without covering my mouth.
Speaker 3: Pointless reason. It was us, pointless reason.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a pointless reason like that. She just was not feeling good that day. No, she just she just didn't like what you did. Somebody like I think they was just like, you know what, your a hunt son, You're not gonna be nothing. No, they didn't know who my dad was. I think she did because she was also a substitute teacher. Oh she didn't want to better, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She did, she did, That's why.
Speaker 1: But nah, I got started doing this just shit.
Speaker 4: I was in school and I was I was throwing parties and stuff when I was like fifteen, trying to make some little hustle money and stuff to go eat, you know, hot cheetos and stuff at school. And then I tried to play sports and I was like, okay, everybody in basketball getting taller besides me. Then I tried to play football and I said, well, okay, everybody's buffering me. All right, this probably ain't gonna work. And then I ran track and I said, everybody's faster than me. Now, So I was like, well, I think I'm pretty good at talking, you know. So once I realized my talent, you know, which I feel.
Speaker 1: Like everybody should do early on in their life.
Speaker 4: You should know if basketball ain't gonna work, if you ain't your skill set ain't matching this person's skill set.
Speaker 3: You need to know early on.
Speaker 4: And I feel like that's what a lot of people need to do to really find what they is because a lot of people, young people get lost because they're like, oh, I don't even know what I'm doing because I tried to play basketball for six years and it didn't work.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what to do for I tried to do football.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, you got other people that's like they already know in high school, Okay, I'm about to go to school to be a doctor. I mean I'm going to college and be a doctor. People already so I already knew in my mind, like I got to figure out how to do this. So that's what ended up having me. I was like, yeah, I gotta move somewhere where I can see people like me that's actually winning. But when I came to Atlanta, I was like, oh, I never seen you know, and you know, people probably gonna friy me for this, but I'm like, I never seen black people really have money like that because I'm from Arkansas.
Speaker 1: So I came to Atlanta. I'm like, daann niggas getting money out here, you know, Like, yeah, I tell you. Once I saw that Ferrari and they were young, I was like, damn, what the hell you want? No athletes?
Speaker 2: Well, that's funny story one time for DJ Holliday, DJ Holliday and Gucci Man badterly inspired. Even with some of my friends that are younger than me are like I look at their car collections.
Speaker 1: You probably already had a Ferrari. No, my dad did. Well, man, you got y'all gotta come back, man, come back anytime.
Speaker 4: Man, know you can come back anytime, and we gotta we gotta get you on the radio, man, especially when I start moving around and music.
Speaker 1: Let's do something.
Speaker 2: Let's do something with the DJs. To you know what I'm saying, do a nice little DJ listening.
Speaker 3: To you gotta show us to all the DJs. H I'm I love people.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That's cool, all right man.
Speaker 2: They folks are here and not look you gotta leave with a pep talk. That's your camera, say your name and give them some words of motivation.
Speaker 3: What's good. It's at l Jacob.
Speaker 5: All I want to say is, no matter how hard somebody can punch you down, no matter how you can feel like the world is against you, don't take things so personal. Always move forward and fight for what you want, and fight for your narrative and just continue to work no matter what type sh