Speaker 1: Welcome into Ravens Press Pass. Today, we heard from head coach John Harball giving the final injury updates heading into Sunday's game against the Las Vegas Raiders. We also heard in the locker room from wide Receiverse Flowers and outside linebacker Kyle Van Nuyt. Let's start with Harps.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, seeing everybody appreciate you guys being here. A couple of things we have, just really one thing. Nate I was in a car accident a couple of days ago. They were kind of working through. It looks like he's not gonna be able to make it to the game, So he'll be out for this game. With that, what questions? He's fine, he's healthy, he's fine, but he's just not gonna be able to play. What questions you have, coach? The Chiefs were sort of determined to the double covered to Andrews, which I think, do you think I create opportunities for Isay? Likely? And did that sort of shut their focus down before his breakout game? Yeah? I mean that's that's what you hope, that you've got different guys in different spots to draw attention in different ways, you know, and hopefully you're out combinations and running the ball and throwing the ball and all different things you do put people in conflict defensively, you know, what where do you move your coverage or who do you cover or who you put on who? And if we can create those kind of problems throughout the season, that would be that'd be a big plus for us.
Speaker 3: John with the Raiders playing the Chargers in week one, brother, isn't that coach?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Any correspondence with you might have to play them in week two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we always talk, but it's amazing. It's it's probably overrated. You know. Everybody has I think similar information, you know, and really what it boils down to is how you approach it, how you want to game plan it, that kind of stuff. So we can see on tape what they did and then you kind of try to build your plan yourself. So I don't think there's too too many secrets out there. John with with Nate, I know you said he's okay.
Speaker 4: Is this a more of a week two week situation that your guys are just till you to monitor with him?
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know. It's a car accident, you know, we'll have to It's funny like, uh, I've heard it said like like sometimes, like you guys will ask a question and I'll go, like, you know why cause I have no idea what the answer is. I have no absolutely no idea what the answer is. So and I say, well, what am I gonna say? Cause I don't really know what it It's a car accident. It doesn't seem real serious.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Beyond that, what do I know? I don't know anything. Coaching the team, trying to get ready to play. Really, that's really what it is. The doctors don't even know, if you don't be honest, the doctors don't know, and they're the doctors, and I can say I'm not a doctor, right, but they don't know half the time. You know, that's proven true. You guys have been to the hospital and stuff. You know, they try to figure stuff as best they can. So we'll see how.
Speaker 4: Does this change your secondary rotation considering it'll.
Speaker 2: Change it, you know, yeah, we'll get the certain guys in there that are going there and play and play very well. Okay, al rightly not obviously, don't have great questions right now today, So that's fine. First question, yesterday you good? He did assault of your questions. Everybody's got to bring it every day. Man, you got to bring your game every day. It's a competitive world out there. Back on practicially any sense for him, he's out there practicing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: We'll just have to see how it responds. See I feels tomorrow and see if you can go all right, John?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: John?
Speaker 4: Before the game, Honora, Joe, d and Jacobe.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: How how emotional do you think that's gonna be for just you and and and the rest of the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it'll be a challenge, you know. I mean, it's a it's a great I'm just glad we're doing it, you know. I think it's awesome. The Ravens over the years, you know, led by Steve and all the great people here, have always been great about those kind of things, you know, and even the stuff they put out with the videos and tributes and things like that, just honoring the people that played here, coach to here, all those kind of things. It's pretty awesome and I'm happy they're doing it, proud to do it, and it will be a strong moment for families and for friends and for all of us. And then we got to go play a game, so that'll be what we got to focus on and try to honor them by the way we play.
Speaker 1: Next up, here's outside linebacker kyle Vin Noi talking about the eye injury he suffered last week against the Chiefs. Just how are you feeling and how good did it feel to get back on the field.
Speaker 4: To feel really good? Feeling good, feeling optimistic. I still have two days obviously, and just trying to do everything I can, and you know, we're looking to just go one and know this week against the Raiders. They're a good teams. They've had success traveling east most West Coast teams I don't think have as much as success as the Raiders have, and they've done a good job with Antonio Piers leading the helmet with a fractured orbital, Yeah, very very serious.
Speaker 1: Did you expect to be soon?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm just grateful for the specialists that I have and the the doctors that treated me, and you know, very appreciative of the the everybody that's been involved in this and just taking it one day at a time. You know, like I said, forty eight hours is still a long ways away, and you know we'll see.
Speaker 2: That injury or challenged to it from an equipment standpoint, trying to does a helmet advisor like anything that need to be modified just to protect your line when you play?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I play, you know, I'll talk to the equipment and the doctors to make sure I have the proper gear. Definitely aware advisor, that's for sure, But do everything necessarily necessary to be ready if I play? Is that an injury where there is much they.
Speaker 2: Can do to treat it?
Speaker 4: Or say that one more time said, is.
Speaker 2: It an injury where they can do much to treat it? Or do you just have to rest it?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's when you have a bone break, it's kind of time, right. Uh, But that's just with any bone, whether it's a finger, foot, anything like that. I mean, you could obviously have surgery, and you know, just time is probably gonna be the best.
Speaker 1: Help you feel that.
Speaker 2: It's a matter of being clear body the doctors more than you feel like good enough to play right now.
Speaker 1: Or what's kind of status?
Speaker 4: You know. I think I'm just gonna do what's best for me, and the doctors are going to do what's best for me as well. So I think it's going to be a tag team effort. Uh, And Honestly, I've just been grateful for the specialist that I've talked with. Everybody has been awesome in that regards, and I've gotten awesome responses from being able to communicate with them, being able to meet with some of the best specialists for a long period of time to get all the questions that I have had asked and answered. It has been awesome.
Speaker 2: The Union made a supportive comment yesterday, you know, the League had their response to that. Do you do you have anything more to say about Kansas City?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I have more to say, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna get into that just because I'm I'm honestly all focused on the Raiders now, like I obviously have a lot to say about it, but at the same time, there's no point to continue to go back and forth. You know, you're right or I'm right. However, I'm just focused on the Raiders, excited to potentially play, excited to be back out there with my teammates today. I thought today was a great practice, and just looking forward to the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Could you have any.
Speaker 2: Further interactions with Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Was there any other communication?
Speaker 4: Alady not running nope.
Speaker 1: And lastly, here's wide receiver Zay Flowers.
Speaker 2: A debut.
Speaker 4: Now, how how excited are you to to be.
Speaker 2: Back in front of the home towns?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Super incided, super incided, Shoot me a forward, super excited. Uh, you know, just be able to go out there and play again in front of the home team. You know, we got the best crowd, We got the best fans in the nation. So just being back in front of them and be able to play just gonna give us a new energy.
Speaker 1: What do you see from this offense after week one?
Speaker 3: What were some of the.
Speaker 1: Takeaways for yards? Like?
Speaker 3: Good takeaways? Yeah, good takeaway. You know we put up we had four hundred fifty three yards and we had but a hundred yards in penalties. So once we get that down and use those penalties as for a progress, we gonna have five hundred six hundred yards of offense. So I feel like that's the positive where you got a lot more left.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you were talking about how much more comfortable you feel in your two. Did that translate to the field in cac Did you feel a difference.
Speaker 2: From your own to year tip?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, like I was way more can I just went out and played football and just played my game. So I wasn't really like last year. I was in my head just moving fast, and this year I was more calm and knew what I was doing a lot more.
Speaker 1: Is there any inspiration seeing Davante Adams, you know on the other side, Oh, he'd go, he'd to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. I've been watching him since. I tried to steal some of his moods. But I'm not as tall and I'm not you know what I mean. I just use it. I just use it in my own way. So I used to watch him a lot, try to translate some of his moves of my game. I thought he was the best receivering in lead for like the last five six years, because nobody can match his movement. Nobody can match what you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Press Pass as always make sure you're subscribed. Also go check out the Lounge podcasts, where myself, Ryan Mink, and Garrett Downing previewed Sunday's home opener against the Raiders, as well as talked about the biggest news items from the week. Thanks for tuning in and we'll be back with you Sunday