Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment crease a'm's the Rick Butchers Show with Speedy, Greg Butchers, Eddie van Adler and Rick Burchers.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I wouldn't say America, but when I see rosetto Italy, we are right now. If Italy's in Hello World, Athens, Greece, very how about everybody's got a black and mild and they're locked and loaded and ready for Larry Quest My goodness says this is Speedy Hell. Is that from MAE for Gunners? Will Alabama Gunners? When we see you?
Speaker 3: Fayetteville, Tennessee, Waste Management in Millbrook, Laurel, Mississippi, Panama City, Florida, one.
Speaker 2: Of Greg's minions, and Huntsville ready, Kentucky is ready. Let's go. There's fight for Wire and Fayette there's the UAW again, Pennsylvania location ready for all five today.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 2: Speedy's rescue team is ready. The Music City is ready. Nashville, Tennessee. Bill Campbell Alabama says we're ready to row. The cadaver dogs are ready. Hartchell is ready, Startville, Mississippi ready, Chelsea, Alabama. Chemical operators are ready. Speedy's lawyer is ready, uh Nolin's is ready. Good gracious. Larry's broke leg, Larry, Hey, let me tell you Greg Adler here. Obviously, Speedy will be coming to us live later in the program, but we will be looking at what Speedy has already documented, which leads us to Larry's leg is ready. Uh, Larry's broke leg. What a story. We got a good look at it if you followed Speedy. Uh, and I and I tried to you'all may have two guys. I tried to use the option Speedy gave us to also put it on our stories. I don't know that I got all of them. He was he was coming at us rapid fire. So we'll just walk through his Instagram story today because it is. It's a dandy, and we'll do that. We'll do that in Speedy probably as we speak, is setting up to broadcast cast video and audio from Larry and Carolyn's house. He did arrive successfully. He has spent the evening with them. Uh, and he's there now, so it is Uh. I don't even I don't even know what to say about some of the things I've already seen.
Speaker 5: It's just it's amazing. Yeah, it's like it's like watching a bear documentary. You can't believe what you're seeing.
Speaker 2: You're talking about speeding a slid and Larry pulled him through the house. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, they don't get no better than that, right, the compound fracture story from Larry. Where's he been holding out?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 2: And it's really a simple little thing. What a scar? End up with an injury like that? What a scar? A little firewood? Good night snap.
Speaker 5: Talking about the bones outside, the bone sticking up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, Larry, Larry is self conscious about his voice, but again the voices, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it fits imperfect. Yeah, that's that's no way to be I mean that that's yeah, that's like Marilyn Monroe being self conscious about our mole. I mean, you know, make it work, Yeah, you gotta make it work so well. That will be obviously a big part of the show today. Okay, So now he's there. In case you're wonder.
Speaker 7: Speed the patch collector just a random listener that collects patches to report on patch collection.
Speaker 5: We can't wait to see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I will say this. Some of you are asking, can we confirm that Speedy is alive? Right now? I can't we can't run a second. No, we know he was last night at about I'm not sure what time those we're not sure what time.
Speaker 5: He had an eleven o'clock PM posts.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I told him I went to bed about seven thirty? Was I told him I was going to bed? And good luck? Was that him going on to the bathroom? Was that him going to the bathroom or something?
Speaker 5: He here it is, he's up.
Speaker 7: He's just looking down the hall at eleven pm. And he just posted something new there, So there's something after this too.
Speaker 5: Here look all.
Speaker 8: Right, yes, sir, okay, so much goodness?
Speaker 2: What time I get up?
Speaker 5: Goodness?
Speaker 2: He was asleep still, but if he ever slept, he was in the baby. My goodness, they get on up, don't they they do? Was there our head? I get that? But still, oh that helps?
Speaker 9: I forgot that.
Speaker 2: Did you see shirtless Larry?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yes, you have to watch. We have to just watch the entire story, I think on the air.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is all right, somebody just figured it out. You're right, Larry sounds like the future smell guy, Hank. He does. He just sounds a little bit like Hank. Remember cartridge man, you want to lose a few pounds you want to eat for a week, be pitched smell.
Speaker 5: It's so bad it made me go back to my ex wife.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah. It's a little bit of Hank from Hendersonville. He's not he's not quite him, but it's in the same in the same family and conference, just a little different tone.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a holl opinion on a stack.
Speaker 11: You remember that?
Speaker 2: Yes, real quick.
Speaker 5: On another subject, it's raining here in Birmingham.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I come in.
Speaker 5: I mean I woke up at too with thunder. I don't know about you, guys.
Speaker 2: Here's the here's the code part. It's that Cloud to Cloud lightning and you talked about the show because I got to see it for about a hour. I know about Cloud to Cloud. But look I'm going to show with James Span That's right, I look Cloud to Cloud.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look at my goodness. So I didn't want to run in the rain, so I walked.
Speaker 7: But I also didn't want my shirt to get wet, so I actually had my shirt in my hand.
Speaker 5: And Greg, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 7: You should probably give people more when you greet them in the mornings, but I walked in there without a shirt on this morning you get Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Was trying to get this to work.
Speaker 5: I walked right past you, see it. I walked right past you, Greg. I was like, hey, good morning, buddy, and you, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 2: I am yet I was trying to get this dagum thing.
Speaker 5: Well, you got it, Bud. You got to work?
Speaker 2: You did. I never.
Speaker 5: Right right past you, coming.
Speaker 2: By vaguely, not being aware of its surroundings.
Speaker 5: I guess not.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. Not only do every day Earbudge have an isolation mode, Greg does. That's that's rare.
Speaker 7: You've been giving your mom so much you can given everybody else less.
Speaker 2: It's almost like his account only has so much, and he keeps My mom keeps withdrawing from it. I can't believe that he has.
Speaker 5: I was ready to be made fun of, and I was going to explain I didn't want to run.
Speaker 2: On it, So you took your shirt off.
Speaker 5: I didn't put my shirt on until I got to work.
Speaker 2: You could still get kind of wet in your hand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was okay. With my bad posture, I covered it.
Speaker 2: That's true. It's like a hut.
Speaker 5: I was, youll.
Speaker 7: I know it was very dark as I'm driving in, but I didn't have a shirt on in my car and I drove.
Speaker 5: I was I was afraid people were going to see me and be like, what's.
Speaker 2: This time coming from a crime or something? You know, if I saw you shirtless this time of day, they wouldn't think they would think crime. It'd be a different kind of They think he was having a bad experience. He got off and you know what they say, there goes a deviant. Yeah that's what they're probably probably high. Yeah, yeah, like a light.
Speaker 5: I'm just sitting next to somebody without my shirt on it. I didn't want to look over, but I did.
Speaker 2: I want to say again, I can't believe I didn't notice that, and I appreciate what you were doing, you know, with the shirt. Let's stay in Greg. Of course, soon as I got out of the truck today we got at the same time. He goes, you're gonna you're gonna run. Of course we didn't. But I want to make it clear. There's there's another email today. I still want to make it clear. I'm Dad never wanted you to get struck by lightning. Okay, you need to run for some of you that do, don't. Don't put yourself in danger. Real men can run in life. It really was just a philosophy on life. Yeah, you're missing the point. We're taking it little bit, and I certainly want you not to run and just normal rain, but if you're in danger it don't don't put yourself in danger. And I will admit this, but now it wouldn't come completely blocking me. But I did walk with the with the eve hanging over. I kind of got in a little bit as I had to go around in front of my truck to get to the driver's sides. All right, it was coming down, but it still got me pretty good good.
Speaker 5: The other day I was with Ruby. She was a dance class and we're leaving dance class and it's pouring down rain and she's freaking out. She's in her little too too, and she said, I'm like, hey, I can relate to that. Many times in my life, I've not wanted to get I put actually got I have had a rain jacket in my van, and I put my big old rain jacket on her and we just walked to the car and I just walked, and honestly it was odd to see her.
Speaker 7: See me do that and her We get to the car and she just seemed more calm.
Speaker 5: It was really, it was really something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: She was just like, wow, So my dad really doesn't care about the rain. He's fine, he's here to protect me. There's really something to you there, really is.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: I thought it was odd too that MythBusters actually studied it. And and this is to me, and this is profound actually that you don't get as wet if you were just walking in it versus running.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, this feels like acting more rain if you run, I guess.
Speaker 2: But doesn't that film there's that's like an underlying I think we need to rest the men.
Speaker 5: That's why it's a mint. They had to bust it.
Speaker 2: All right, will be about.
Speaker 5: Now ready.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show Strange and Killers, the new podcast from Rick get it no wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, So we record another episode today, So episode six out this weekend. Five episodes available to you now and the Strange Encounters. Maybe this week we should do one called the patch Man. So Speedy is is there? It looks like maybe they're having breakfast. We will hear from Speedy live from Larry the patch Man and his wife Carolyn's home in Dublin Georgia coming up later in the program. Now, next hour, we'll go ahead and walk through everything that has already happened since Speedy arrived yesterday. So all that is coming up, in a lot of it you've already seen. If you made, you know, the choice to go ahead and follow Speedy's Instagram story yesterday. We're going to recap that for those of you that may have missed it. I've got some hay burges here about that. Hey, I want to let you know that, believe it or not, we are approaching the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of our country, and next Friday, on July the fourth, I have the honor on the two hundred and forty ninth birthday of America to be and we've been talking about a little bit to be m seeing the fireworks ceremonies at the American Village. If you've never been to the American Village there in our home state of Alabama, what a really cool walk through American history that place is. And so I'll be there for those of you if you are looking for somewhere to see fireworks and you're going to be in our state or you live in our state, it really doesn't get any better than the show they put on at American Village. So looking forward to being with all of you coming up one week from tomorrow. By the way, you know that the July fourth is a week from tomorrow. Wow, time is flying. Yeah, you're right, though, I mean where else could you go experience on the fourth right? Like he can there with all the stuff? Is there anywhere else where you can actually hear from John Adams? I know there's not, right, Okay, just make a note of that. Speaking of that, let me hit a few of these for you. Okay. So, hay Bird, hay Burde, Larry Quest dominated Haybirds overnight as you can imagine, Hey Bird, hay Burde. Uh, what would you do if all of a sudden Speedy got the equipment set up for today? But when you go to him, all you see is Larry. And when you ask where speed he is, Larry keeps making excuses as to where Speedy is. Oh, well, he's in the bathroom. He's in the bathroom. He went to get us breakfast, he went to the store for more back in miles. He said, I've watched Speedy's story on Instagram and let me tell you something. They are hilarious. Love the show, Charles. That would let's hope that doesn't happen, but that would be that'd be funny if but he's not bad. He'll be here later. Hey bird, a bird. Here here's Karen. I have stopped watching TV tonight to watch Larry quest. How about this Love the Show. You guys are awesome. I love Larry and I love his wife. Speedy's doing a great job documenting. Yes he is, Yes, yes he is.
Speaker 5: They're such a sweet couple.
Speaker 2: They really are about it. They are not so far. Hey bird, hey bird, this is from Terry. I'm just gonna say it. I don't think I've ever all caps look forward to the show starting as much as I want today's show to start. This was last night, Shack, she said, tomorrow with Speedy at Larry's Love the New Show, y'all keep everybody on our toes. Never figured Speed Speedy would actually go. I thought y'all would just talk about this. But he he's actually he's actually done it. We feel the same one yes. Also, oh also another thing, because on Rick's Picks, the recipe for you know, Speedy's wife, Terry these protein balls which Larry and Carolyn are supposed to have today. My girlfriend surprised me with these and they are fantastic. Appreciate everything you guys do. That's from Terry in a tala Arry d Acnel. Yeah, a little something for you off the Larry quest topic. For you Adler, and for you Greg, and indirectly for Speedy Kevin Well. I noticed Adler made a comment on Wednesday Show that Rick, if you were the sole survivor of a plane crash, you didn't help anyone. Well, I'd like to remind Adler if Rick doesn't survive, you're back working at the pet store. Oh well, I would also like to remind Greg so.
Speaker 5: He did, probably the Harley Shop at this point in my life.
Speaker 2: I would also remind Greg where you're going to get money to buy fritters. Yeah, that's a good point, he said. Also on a positive note, in this slavey, by the way, it would likely free up Speedy to stop missing leg day. Well, they really getting his legs, They really did so and Adder you'll love this one. Hey bird, Hey Burge, my name is Donnie. I listened to uh. I've been listening to you for most of my life. Well, thank you, thank you very much about that, Donnie, thank you. Uh, he says, I'm twenty four years old. Now, hey, Bird, the story is a result of listening to your new found handiness. Well, this has been inspirational for a lot of people changing lives. After I got off work a couple of weeks ago, I had to swing by Walmart and I was picking up what I needed, I had to swing by their restroom. I entered one of their stalls and as I was closing the door, I noticed the mounts to lock the door was loose. In an instant because of you, Bird, I whipped out my pocket size Alan wrench, and it's always in my pocket. Now I've got the right size and I started in and all I knew to do thanks to you, was righty, righty, righty righty. First boat secure. Then I moved on to the second boat. Righty, righty, righty, righty, Second boat secure. Lock mount fix took care of business and wrapped up shopping as well. He said. As I was checking out, I'll let the cashier know about fixing the lock mount. To my surprise, she kind of grunted. Your Your handiness is having an impact. Keep it up, love and appreciate the new show in each of you, and I love what you guys do, right, Yeah, yeah, you know it's I never saw myself as a mentor in the handy world, but it's happening. Yeah, especially if it's happening. How about that guy changing lives right, he did, changing lives daily, had an Alan Rinch ready to go and knowing exactly what to do because you know it's right to type. It's it's left to I heard that, right.
Speaker 7: If you're like Martha Stewart, what Martha Stewart was the cooking, you are that to handy.
Speaker 2: Right there with it. You're trying, not trying to bring attention to me. Just that's what happens. Took quite yes, texture, it is a fact that all Alan Rinches are pocket size. He didn't need to add that part. You're right bottom of the alp. We'll be right back, Larry Quest straight ahead.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: You heard us talk about it, and for good reason. Share the Arrows is one of the most powerful women's events happening this year, and it will be hosted by Blaze TV own Ali Beth Stucky. When is it Rick? October the eleventh, Dallas, Texas. If there's a woman in your life who's been craving real encouragement and biblical truth, your wife, your daughter, your sister, your mom, whatever the case may be, this is for her. It's a full day of worship, teaching, powerful conversation. Bold women will be there, Ginger Douggar will be there, Alissa Childers, Katie Foss, Taylor Dukes and more. Worship will be led by the very talented Francesca by Estelling. It's gonna be something really, really special. So there's a lot of loudness out there. Culture can get loud, but this is a chance to kind of push the Paul's button on all that and lean into truth and get recentered in purpose. You know, as we say here, go to the real world, Send someone you love, go by yourself, our go yourself. We'll get some girls together and go. Tickets Into Tales are available at Sharetharrows dot com, Share the Arrows dot com and yes, VIP options are still available.
Speaker 1: Doing what he was born to do the Wick Budgish Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us today again, since I saw when the text nation wide in from Greece and from Italy and yesterday Germany, and so I guess thank you for being with us all around the world. That's the beauty of the new technology there really is the ability to get to all of you wherever you are is now unlimited. It's kind of cool. Live or archives. Speaking of that, I saw in text Nation somebody looking for an affiliate on our radio network in Panama City, Florida. You know, we back during the Rick and Bubba days, we would be owning Panama City. Then we'd be taking and off, then part of it would play, then some would play, and then we'd move from here to there. You know, it's it's it's you know, it's it's hard to remember. Uh, and I think it's actually the last time we were on there, and if we still are, it's it's actually delayed, I think to the middle of the day. So if if you remember, if you get to a point where you're just not sure, you have the tune in app that that's a live option, and you have YouTube that's a live option. Uh, both of those. Really as long as you have sales service or have access to Wi Fi, you can get the show live anywhere, anytime. So live live, live, and you can find that if if you can either go to tune in and download that app. It's free. Search Rick Burgess Show, that's our channel, or you can go to Rick burgesshow dot com and where it says listen live. Click right there. Uh on your phone it'll come up as well.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: So there you go a couple of things we were going to cover.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did you know that the largest election agency in the world. What is the largest collection agency in the world, the IRS? Oh yeah, And let me tell you something. If you owe the RS money, they have a lot available to them. Can they file criminal charges yes? Oh no. Can they garnish your wages yes? Can they shut you down and sell off your stuff, business or your property yes. So this is not something to dabble in and to tamper with. So, if you owe ten thousand dollars or more in back taxes, why don't you go right now to US tax shield? Okay, go ahead. Don't get to the point where the RS is closing your bank accounts and all of that. Just get it done. Did you know there's a fresh start program that's available from the RS. They want to resolve this as much as you do. You may not know that, but it's true, but you need to have people that know what they're doing to kind of help you kind of navigate these waters. Okay, So go to US tax Shield. The Better Business Bureau says they get an A plus from them, so they're good people. You can call them at one eight hundred and seven sixty nine seven three zero, or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. You see the link right there. Click no obligation, but let's talk to them about how they can alleviate this burden and give you back your peace of mind. Okay, all right, So a couple of things too that we need to cover before we start getting checking in with Speedy. So those of you that kind of it's like me, I want to know what the plan is. So here's what the plan is. We're going to We're going to use next hour to kind of look back at what's already happened. Speedy's documented all that, we'll walk through that with you, and then in the in the the hour after that, Speedy comes to us live from Larry and Carolyn's. I mean, he will be in their home and we we'll see him for those of you that love the video option, and we will also hear him. For those of you that have the audio only so and and technically there's some there's some mountains to climb there because they don't have Wi Fi. But we scent with speedy the same. What is that thing, Adler? It creates a hot spot and uh and and I took it with really good. Yeah, I took it with me to Virginia. Of course, you know, got on the air flawlessly. But you know, just I'm learning. I'm learning so many new things. I'm becoming technical handy. All this is, you know, you can teach an old dog some new tricks.
Speaker 5: They call it a mobile hotspot, a.
Speaker 2: Little mobile hot It's good it hopefully it will work. So so anyway, that's got to be coming up. Did you hear Greg and I discussing Arnold and I never can pronounce his last name. And I'm terrified. What's see, That's why I'm terrified. How do you say? How do you correctly say Arnold's last name?
Speaker 5: Greg said, right, I'm not going to say it, but you said it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he said it almost both. Let's just call him Arnold, yeahnator of all the movies that Arnold did. Greg just shot me in the break, after which one do you think made the most money?
Speaker 5: For him made the most money, maybe not a lot.
Speaker 7: Well, the way you're asking the question, I got to say, like some weird like Kindergarten, copper, something.
Speaker 2: Close close, tell them what it is. Twins, twins, Yes, and part of it I read a little deeper into this. Yes, I would I would have, I said terminator when he asked me, here's here's why. He explained how it happened. You know, they have a choice. You can take a salary or you can go back in. He went back in on that one didn't take a salary. So said, you made the more it makes, the more you make, and it blew up. Oh okay, so he said, you know others who probably had more guarantee money. But in the end, when it was all added up, twins has made him more money than anything he's ever done. He just went residual. Was only okay.
Speaker 5: Now, I understand because as far as.
Speaker 2: Gross money to Arnolds were talking about, gotcha understood?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What his cut was? Yeah, he said to him, and I think Dane DeVito both they chose. And also it said, do you realize they were trying they were going to make it triplets, and Eddie Murphy was going to be part of it, but is it Ivan Rckman that was to do it anyway, he died before he got finished the story, So oh really they just went back to Twin Now that would have been big, yeah.
Speaker 5: Because it's not even in his top five as far as gross.
Speaker 2: No, he was on a on a podcast and somebody asked him and he said, I racked up on that. One.
Speaker 5: Number one is T two. Yeah, Terminator two made five hundred and twenty million dollars. Terminator Genesis, which was terrible twenty fifteen that made four forty T three made four to thirty as well. True lies at three seventy eight and then.
Speaker 2: So really what you're saying here now people made more money off the Terminator series, but Arnold made the most money by going residuals only on Twins and that wild how all that works well? And that's the thing that you know, remember when kiss some reason you know in our and it all comes back to everything always comes back to kiss. All that comes to money and stuff all through the Rick and Bubby years and now it's continuing into into this. You remember when Peter, Chris and Ace Freely decided to take guaranteed money for the reunion tour. Do you remember that? And Paul and Jean Took said, we will, we will take a chance that will be successful. We're going to take percentage of the merch and percentage of gross of everything. And Ace and Peter Chris could have done that, and they chose not to. They wanted to guaranteed money and it ended up being less than the gross and they tried to go back, remember, and redo their deal, and you know, Gene GM was like, no, no, no, this is the deal y'all made. Now you made the wrong deal turned out not to be the good one because that reunion tour, which we saw, by the way, yes, it grows more than anybody during that run. Yeah, that's when they remember they had gone away with from makeup and all that, and they finally said we're coming back original members, Original Maker, all four original and it was huge, but again as Freely and Peter Chris said, well, we're not really sure how people will respond to us now it's been a while. Of course, think about how long they went after that and then there's nothing and Gene and Paul said, no, I think the audience that we've garnered over the years will go crazy over this. And they took the chance. See that's the part that's always missed with the guaranteed people. You didn't take the chance. Now, the person who took the chance, it worked out, but you could have not. It could not have worked out. And they leave that part out. You know, you decided, which isn't always bad. I don't think. I don't think as freely and Peter Chris, I think they made Their guarantee was millions, but it was not multimillions, which is what you know. Jeane and Paul gat.
Speaker 7: And back to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Twins. That film grossed two hundred and sixteen million, and instead of taking their usual salaries for the film, Schwarzenegger, Danny DeVito, and Rightman agreed with the studio to take part ownership of the film, and collectively they took forty percent of the film's back end and resulted in the biggest paycheck for all of them in their film careers. And then Triplets, Greg, you were talking about that was actually gonna be a sequel?
Speaker 2: Oh that what it was.
Speaker 7: It was they were going to be a sequel, and in fact they were trying to make it in as late as twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Wow, and rightman died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about so it was gonna be Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be Eddie Murphy triplets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, how about that. I didn't I didn't know that that's it. And and there's stuff like that all throughout entertainment. Oh yeah, Yeah. You would be surprised when just because something's popular doesn't mean it was profitable. Sometime things that are not as popular were more profitable, you know, for individuals, for for whatever. And then a lot of the rock stars, especially the eighties guys, they signed bad deals. So you assumed that they were rich because they said millions of records, and they're not right. They made a bad deal. Now, popular and profitable are not always the same thing.
Speaker 5: It seems to be happening to most rappers, by the way.
Speaker 7: They'll sign a big deal and they think they just got a million dollars.
Speaker 5: No, that was a million dollar loan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the wait's designed inside out there. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. God fearing and America loving The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us another day. Larry quest. Larry the patch Man lie from his home with Speedy coming up, and we'll look back over what Speedy's already documented on his journey yesterday and spending the night with them last night. That is coming up. So from the text line, guys, uh, tell us how that works? What do you mean that? A lot of these artists they sign million dollar contracts, but they're actually more like loans. What do you mean by that? Well, we can unpack that. What will happen is, you know, the record company will get you all fired up and you're all excited and they want to go in. They want you to record, and they say, here, here's this amount of money and we want you to go on the tour. And da da da da dah. What you don't realize though, they deduct it all back.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Here's called that recoop recoup. They recoop and the percentage they recoup at is really tilted in their favor. So you go and what is youse? Something simple? Hey, y'all, we got a million dollars and here we go on the road. And then you look in their charge you for gear, they'll charge you for the recording time in the studiod, food, you know, the green room, and all of a sudden they start bringing all that back and you realize you're like, wait a minute, we're not getting paid a million dollars. We've been loaned a million dollars.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then once we pay it back, anything above that will make But of course, nowadays it's changed. People they don't need the record companies. They do their own thing and put their music app on their own so it's changed. But a lot of these new guys when they get out there, they think all these are perks and they don't realize they're paying for all this. The record company's not paying for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this will be taken out of money you earn in the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I read a book on Van Halen and it was Martin Burrough's nephew was a big agent, and he goes he would take us to congratulate us for things, and these big meals and all this stuff, and the whole time we had no idea what we were paying for it. That's correct. He charged every bit of it back to them, but they were doing it in their honor, like, hey, this is for being successful. We have this great meal and party. We got all this alcohol in here that you're you're actually paying for it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so they and a lot of people are fighting against that now. Jelly Row I heard him talking about there the artists started learning that the artists of today, like you go back to folks like the you know, the Doors and the Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin and all those people were so drunk and so high, and they they were all about their music and their songs, and it ain't about money. It ain't about money, and and those people they were so taken advantage of. Well as time went on. I remember even John bon Jovie talking about this. That was one of the first ones when I was young that I heard, Hey, we're all sober and uh and and we're we're doing business. You know, we're going to figure this out and uh. And Jelly Row I heard him getting interviewed just in the last couple of months, and he was saying, Look, by the time the record companies came to me, I was already making a million dollars a year off of you with putting my music out, doing my stuff. So when I sit down to negotiate, I'm like, no, you'all gonna have to come up with some reason I need you. Yeah, I'm doing pretty good, right, And so you got to find a place of leverage. And artists are learning more and more about that and are pushing back on some of these horrible deals. So if you've ever watched some of them have gone, there's some of them, you said Mike Tyson, which is a different deal. He even did a stage show where he showed you how you could go through all that money. When I remember watching of All Things Behind the Music on TLC, and they would sit down and say, we're gonna sit down with you and watch how you go through five million dollars, and they laid it out. By the time they were done, you were like, wow, that goes pretty fast. And all those people that work for you paid right, you know. Yeah, and you remember Hammer, you know, like mc hammer. But you would look in on the stage you would have what forty people. Yeah, well even that guy that's just standing there dancing, you got to pay him. I mean, he's on the salary. Everybody's glombing on you buses. I mean it's just and I know in my mind when I was young, I thought, well, all that's being paid for by the record company. But it's not you know when they really wasn't right. I mean, if they're invested in you, they're going to make money off sales, but they make you pay back everything they invested in you. Plus that, I remember the first time I had a head tilt on that and they had made their money. They all did fine. And that was Pink Floyd And I remember they did a tour which I went to see, and they just wanted to do a tour that would be remembered forever, you know, with the visuals and the stuff. They were the first ones to do the screens and all the visual stuff, and they were actually losing money. It was so expensive. They even had two versions of it that would go ahead of the of the current version you were seeing, and they weren't making any money, but they had enough money to kind of pay for it.
Speaker 5: Wait did you say you went to that. You've seen Pink Floyd and I haven't.
Speaker 2: And that's sad. The Lesion feel, wasn't it was?
Speaker 12: Or was it?
Speaker 2: I was Legion Field? Real wow, kind of weird one. It was very weird. Flying pigs yep, I'm not sure what that is, but definitely flying pigs.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 2: But it was it was a cool and I remember.
Speaker 5: When pigs are about society, Greg, you don't understand.
Speaker 2: I knew it's some kind of deep message. What I remember about that tour is that's the first time people started playing with the lasers. Yeah, it was the brand new They were way ahead of everybody on lasers. And I'd never seen lasers used like that. And do you remember they shot a documentary of some of it, And do you remember the Roady lighting a cigarette off the laser? Yeah? Yeah, he was standing off side in the laser shot by and he just went got it and died a puff off the laser and lit a cigarette. Wow. I thought, man, that was a cool shot. You know, it's slow mocean, so uh yeah, it was visually and even sound wise, it was something to to experience, even if you didn't. I mean, I do like some of Pink Floyd's music. I mean it's it's odd, yeah, and it's it's a wild ride. But there their production and presentation is can be visually and also audio stimulating.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, agree, yeah so, but.
Speaker 2: But it's not something you like snap your fingers to and say I can't wait for the course to come around. You know what I mean a lot of hooks.
Speaker 5: Occasionally they'll have a pretty rocking song. You're like, oh, you guys are just rock. This is just a rock song.
Speaker 2: But it's it's David Gilmour's outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was like some twenty minutes of like spacey vibes to get there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you went to that stadium tour though, you just said, I know that's what I'm in for, and I'm settling into it and I'm just gonna take it all in. Yeah, here comes. You know, if you're listening to it on radio, sometimes you're like, let's get to it. But I said, here, all this works. It's like, well, it's just like watch in a show. Yeah, you know, Rick, it is a show, buddy.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You know I didn't feel about what I meant to say is it wasn't like I was listening to music exactly. It's almost like I went in the visual into a theater to see a show and I was seeing as much as I was hearing. I guess is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And the Pigs are about social hierarchy and corrupt leaders and the absurdity of power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he lookt me a good song or not. I don't have to I don't have to have all that. Yeah, yeah, but there's a cold riff. But being in a stadium with all that visual and that perfect sound watching David Gilmour on guitar was great. Did you scream you meat? I did, and the people next to me got they got real tired. I got second, you're hearing you because you thought you sounded like how can you have any pudding? Yeah. I was even asked by the person in front of me. Should should he expect this the whole show? And I said, yes, yes, you share, because this is I'm experiencing everything visually and audio. I said, this is nothing. Wait till we get to Dirty Woman. The name of the song is young Lush right, not much better? No, no, it's really not all right. We'll come back. We'll go back to what Speedy has already documented.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: And those of you that haven't seen that one, Aye, things of Georgia are going right now, and then we're gonna hear from Speedy live right now, coming up top of the hour. Our number is eight eight eight, the number six big evoks. We'll let you chime into, don't worry about that. You can also text this same number on the text Nation. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 16: Welcome to the Rich Birch Show. Broadcasting from the real world. Speedy, Gregg, Addler, and Rick Birch. Just book up, bom, there guts time.
Speaker 17: Pull the show.
Speaker 2: Who's ready, Let's go? Who's ready?
Speaker 16: Welcome to the rig broadcasting from the reel where maybe good Speedy.
Speaker 2: Red Addler and Rick Birch. There guts time pull the shoot. All right, Speedy is going to be coming to us alive next hour from Larry Quest. Speedy's there. He has spent it out with him. Come to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if you have not been updated on what has happened uh since the last time you were with Speedy.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: And now we do not have confirmation that he's up other than what we saw on the story. Right, Yeah, speedish times are bragfast Speedy show. Everybody needs to stop about stop everybody, everybody. He let Larry do Larry? Yeah, what's wrong with doing Larry? We're not gonna do Geary anymore. Now, Okay, all right, so here here is Can we just let this roll?
Speaker 5: This is us waving goodbye to Speedy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here it is, okay, here we are, this is us yesterday. There he goes, speed, he's leaving. I don't know. See, buddy, I'm gonna go with you. I'm sure we'll see you again. I feel good about it. We'll see you again. Hug Larry, side, hug side, Hug Carolyn, Carolyn. How does it feel to be on that side?
Speaker 5: It feels better than being on that side?
Speaker 2: Like we we'll you know, we'll see you Thursday, yeah, or Friday, Friday? Yeah, yeah, I see you Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see you Friday.
Speaker 2: You can't wait, all right?
Speaker 9: Damn?
Speaker 2: There he goes. God love him, God love him. Mm hmmm, replaceable. It's oh boy, he went. There he goes.
Speaker 5: He even waved goodbye.
Speaker 2: He did, and so and he did a look at him, Oh, look at his little face.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh there it was. We'll always remember that.
Speaker 5: We'll always remember that he even was kind and leaving. You know, he's an over greeter even in leaving.
Speaker 2: Is did you sense that he he almost I think he wanted us to beg him to stay late at that point.
Speaker 7: Oh man, because Speedy's been posting, I've got his entire story ready to roll here, and he has posted images of breakfast also, so there they they've started to eat breakfast.
Speaker 2: And this is Speedy.
Speaker 5: The producer of this The Rick Burgess Show, went to Dublin, Georgia, drove five hours to visit a random listener that collects patches, and we are jacked up about it.
Speaker 2: So here's here. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Here's speedy story. That's us waving goodbye. That's the Atlanta. Oh, y'all, y'all can't see.
Speaker 2: It's okay?
Speaker 5: There here, here's Speedy.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: He's getting ten.
Speaker 6: Minutes away or so from Larry and Carolyn's Carolyn, I'm I'm I'm gonna show up hungry. I just be honest with you. I'm gonna be hungry. I'm saving it for your roast. I can't wait to have it. H So be looking for updates everyone. I will update you as I pull up. Should be about an hour and fifteen minutes away, I guess, but I will try to capture the moment that we are able to actually meet in person. Uh and Larry Quest will have lots of updates.
Speaker 5: Tonight, So stand by, all right, Sig.
Speaker 2: Eleven miles from Dublin, right there, eleven miles from Mantros. That's cool. You have a two pac black and miles smooth. Oh my gosh, it's getting him.
Speaker 15: Yeah yeah, right matter, you know, I don't know, he says to cigars, yeah smooth, maybe two yeah, two of those.
Speaker 8: I guess.
Speaker 5: He's pulling up to the house.
Speaker 2: Let's see what we got here.
Speaker 5: That's a nice neighborhood. It is nice, white roads.
Speaker 6: It this is it Youlaska state line there.
Speaker 18: It is.
Speaker 2: Really obsessed with the last year. Yes, I met, I met Larry's. It's a nice little cottage. Nice. Here we go. Hey, Bundy, how you doing good seeing you man? You doing okay?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 19: Wowry Carroll many.
Speaker 2: And they're dressed alike again, how you doing?
Speaker 18: You did okay?
Speaker 2: Give me a hug?
Speaker 8: Here you did okay today.
Speaker 2: I think it's weird for them.
Speaker 5: It's weird for them.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Down, they got a stranger in their house.
Speaker 6: Okay here, Oh no, you're fine, Larry barefooted?
Speaker 2: You look at.
Speaker 18: How about this?
Speaker 6: This is tigger?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Carolyn for dinner.
Speaker 5: Guys, here's the Tennessee corn bread.
Speaker 20: Oh you're from like.
Speaker 2: Though, that's not corn bread.
Speaker 8: Gregg.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look at roast beach.
Speaker 6: Mashed potatoes.
Speaker 5: Okay, what a spread, Carolyn, What a sweet Carolyn.
Speaker 6: I bet you're a great cook. No, no, do you have any do you have any help with the cash? Do they like to help cook?
Speaker 18: Yeah? If I'm always saying the play has come helping, I bet.
Speaker 21: I bet.
Speaker 5: He's in their kitchen.
Speaker 2: He's there, speed, he made it, cucumber silent.
Speaker 8: Okay, were taking hand today, don't it. Luckily it's just water.
Speaker 2: That was shaking hands. Okay, she's getting on him.
Speaker 6: Okay, Larry, we were just shaking hands being gentlemen. Yeah, well, well got.
Speaker 2: On the butter hope Speedy's fault.
Speaker 8: You know, I got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: I shall esca patrove.
Speaker 4: Oh these are when your cane from Huskies now hood pretty good? Your can from the Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, look at that.
Speaker 5: And here's the there's the there it is right there.
Speaker 2: Slay.
Speaker 8: I was on the phone to uh California. I was home to the.
Speaker 4: Border Patrol and San Diego. They were sending us Queen's two or three days in.
Speaker 5: The background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is also.
Speaker 6: Look at all these patches.
Speaker 4: Stey for ten years right after high school I hit sights all over the West, the Western States.
Speaker 2: You hitch hide, yep, look behind him.
Speaker 4: I would work from one place to another place to another place. Hit try kid, and I I really enjoyed it. I would work at ranches, dairies, truck stops, hotels, I woulds.
Speaker 8: And restaurants are in tech stops and I loved it.
Speaker 6: Okay, look at that absolutely And what would what would be your when they when they opened the door, rolled down the window and said, sir, do you need a rod?
Speaker 1: What would be your your go to?
Speaker 8: As birds you were going? I didn't care how far they.
Speaker 5: Were going, Larry, thank you.
Speaker 2: Speed last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Beck was talking about your legs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my legs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, don't go look at this.
Speaker 9: Scar.
Speaker 6: Oh good night that brack, Oh good night, Larry ed.
Speaker 8: I was putting in firewood using my leg for a brace and the firewood tipped tipped back.
Speaker 4: Snapped the Megan half good gosh, and I'm looking at it and it was bent like that, literally sticking out Larry good Larry beating.
Speaker 22: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Carolyn, that hurt a lot.
Speaker 6: What you got here on the back of your truck.
Speaker 8: Diff just hascrossed the Arctic circle.
Speaker 17: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Here's a radio station that we listened to, kbr W. We also got this in the now from uh have to North Dakota. Okay, okay, then you're said across the yard circle.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, that's pretty cool right there.
Speaker 6: You got it all, my friend.
Speaker 8: Look at there's the last day play the.
Speaker 5: Last of state flag loves the last.
Speaker 1: She loves it.
Speaker 23: There it is.
Speaker 6: That's cool, Larry.
Speaker 2: I've got a truckle like your house, buddy.
Speaker 8: Thanks that okay, thank you, Carolyn.
Speaker 9: And it looks like we got the A C running in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're kicking.
Speaker 9: Huh.
Speaker 2: And the Christmas tree, Merry Christmas?
Speaker 6: Minds it pain getting down. I'd rather the wedding picture right here. Look at Larry.
Speaker 8: Look at Larry fit picture behind you.
Speaker 6: Oh the dogs led picture. Okay, I get to stare at that when I go to sleep, Ricked, all those were wolves? Those are that's a dog slater.
Speaker 5: Do we need to pause here we can sleeping?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, So Speedy is about to go to bed. I'm about to snuggle. I think they go feed the dog and then go.
Speaker 5: To bed and they get into those black and milds.
Speaker 2: Yes they do, because I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: I can't believe Speedy just at a Lister Towns guys.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's that's something.
Speaker 7: Wow there, it's so real and they're so genuine and so sweet and not murderous.
Speaker 2: Right, so far, so far.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Warning. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like up Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Having a blast Speedy only request. We're following along everything that has happened up to a live update which is coming up next hour. Uh so, Adler that when we left, Speedy has seen his his bedroom, He's had a tremendous meal cooked by Carolyn that looks fantastic, and now he and Larry are outside. I think they're going to feed the dog, and as you pointed out, uh, he's gonna sit down and have a black and mile with Larry. I think. So let's see what happens here we go.
Speaker 8: You think you wanted to ride the duck fit?
Speaker 2: Uh huh Okay, Speedy's on the dog sland. Oh yeah, pulling Speedy on the dog slave?
Speaker 5: Is that what you say?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay, Rick, let me.
Speaker 2: Do it, Larry Pullet, that's gonna be great. One leg holds up. Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know they had a dog like your house slippers.
Speaker 6: Oh dang, all right, oh right, okay, got out there. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Whose dog you su their dog. It's a long way from the hod it is. It's around and he feeds are a piece of toast. Nice spread. Susie, Hey, Susie, Hey, Susie, don't sound hey.
Speaker 8: Susie, Hey dear, No, hey Susie, no.
Speaker 2: Getting on?
Speaker 19: Yes, yes, yes, no, no, this restaurant our combination Avia your hook kill okay.
Speaker 8: And they were having a party just for the mushers.
Speaker 6: It was always back at the We was sitting right in the middle of the musures, be around mushers everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right, that's it.
Speaker 6: Pictures, sir, some pictures, Yes, show me some pictures.
Speaker 8: Sure, bedtime?
Speaker 6: Okay, we still got together.
Speaker 2: Watching I did, right, Larry loves dogs.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 6: You came so ye, I'm I'm I'm glad I'm here, and I know that you're like Black and Miles so speaking.
Speaker 9: So I just wanted to share one with you.
Speaker 24: I love the house.
Speaker 6: I love everything about it. Man, I love your patches, I love your sledig. Your wife is wonderful. She's a great cook, Brove, your dog, Susie, two cats.
Speaker 4: We enjoy this show.
Speaker 9: Well, we enjoy y'all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we enjoy y'all.
Speaker 9: And I love your voice, thank you.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I don't my voice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well you've got to.
Speaker 6: You've got a very unique voice, and it's all your own, so you just need to own it.
Speaker 8: It's it's kind of good thing.
Speaker 9: How it has happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it happened, like yeah.
Speaker 25: Yeah, either, I's pretty good.
Speaker 17: I love it when you.
Speaker 12: Look.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to go to sleep.
Speaker 4: Even y.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you want to bring me a story of.
Speaker 2: The run into Ring? Oh yeah, okah, sitting down.
Speaker 4: Jesus Spirit, Jason, that you hive forty eight you're there for a must be perfect as as you have and you have any father, perfect guard is Dramas and the Holy Spirit protection all of you.
Speaker 8: You mean it's okay? I think I did it. You can't care, Okay if you need anything, okay, yeah for it? Okay, okay, okay, do you need anything.
Speaker 19: Out of it?
Speaker 6: Okay, I sure will, thank you, buddy, Okay.
Speaker 8: Man our hands. Is your house making to Okay, thank you, Larry, you're so kind.
Speaker 9: Does he sleep?
Speaker 2: Look so this is eleven?
Speaker 5: Uh there you go. Look at all the patches everywhere, just everywhere, the patch collector. This is as far as I've seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, me too, well now I think i've seen when.
Speaker 8: You Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Sleepy boys, sleepy boys, Larry turning. Breakfast was rid.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Look at out well.
Speaker 9: Good morning y'all.
Speaker 6: How are you doing, Larry? Oh boy, breakfast is ready, Carolyn, Good morning.
Speaker 26: At this?
Speaker 6: Look at this? Wow, we have got we have got so much food here. Y'all are so sweet. The porch, okay, you got the show going. I see now, sir.
Speaker 2: Oh you want me to come out?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: What we're gonna eat? Huh sir?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Look at that the place the police us Marshall Uh lights up.
Speaker 1: That's right, Larry.
Speaker 5: We're off and running.
Speaker 6: This is where we're about to set up right here. And there's I think the cats are over there.
Speaker 8: There's one.
Speaker 2: There's one, yes.
Speaker 9: Sir, Oh, there they are.
Speaker 6: This is their little home out here.
Speaker 8: Huh yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: We're fired up.
Speaker 6: Y'all were ready.
Speaker 2: That breakfast Speedy really wants. Hey, that breakfast looks so good? It really did?
Speaker 5: I mean, yo, Speedy spent the night at our listener's house.
Speaker 6: She did.
Speaker 2: That is really good. She did them smoking black and miles and around. Was funny.
Speaker 5: There was so much there, so much, the dog eating toast and Larry getting on Susie. Stop.
Speaker 2: No, that just he sat outside and smoked the fucking while He's immersed himself in their lives. Do you think I mean he's just there.
Speaker 6: He's never going to beat the smoking rumors now, speed, He's never going to beat the smoking rumbers.
Speaker 5: Now he was struggling?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or was it an act? I think? Did Speedy pretend not to be bigger?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So much there?
Speaker 5: Did Larry show up without a shirt on?
Speaker 6: Did I did?
Speaker 2: Is that a fever dream?
Speaker 5: That entire thing feels like a fever dream?
Speaker 16: That does?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take unscreen phone calls, get your reaction next as we get ready for a live update.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. Heyd eight eight six eight Fox.
Speaker 2: So you're updated. We just watched and listen to what Speedy has experienced on Larry Quest up to this point. When we get to next hour, we'll go live to Speedy and Greg has seen the setup already at Larry and Carolyn's unscreen phone calls line serve up it is, I can't wait unscreen phone calls. Now you can join us. Let's open up all ten lines. You're gonna hear ringing because you know, we started this new way to new phones, and frankly, it's been a lot better than what we were doing before based on quality of the calls and just you know, rapid fire and getting more calls in this way.
Speaker 23: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Lines are available, move now and I'll be jumping to those here momentarily. I do want you to go to heliicsleep dot com slash big vox. I do want you to do that twenty percent off on a customized mattress. During the sell, they customize it based on your sleep quiz. You you tell them how you want to You prefer to sleep on your back, on your side, on your stomach, firm mattress, medium mattress, soft mattress. All that is taken into account they customize the mattress that is right for you. Is us for a child? They have them for children. Parents Magazine loves this Helix mattress for children. I mean it's fantastic, big and tall. They have that too. You could be sleeping on a more comfortable mattress designed for you. You're unique and your mattress should be too. Twenty percent off. They send it to you at no shipping, free shipping, and you have up to one hundred nights to sleep on it to be sure that you love it, and you will. Greg and Lisa love theirs. That's right. Helixsleep dot com, slash Big Vox or go do Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. Let's go to the phones, unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, I want to say.
Speaker 13: I never thought i'd see Speedy with the Black and Mild in his hands.
Speaker 2: I know, I know what won for the ten and there it was. I mean, I hope this doesn't start bad habits back. No, he just wanted to. You know, Larry is a big fan of the Black and Mile yep and being a guest in his home speed he brought you know out and people in the old days would show up with a bottle of wine or something. Speedy showed up with a couple of black and miles, and he was just showing respect towards Larry. That's all. Just got a text from Ryan Greenwood. He said he actually is live with us today and watching Speedy's last what twelve hours slated? Hi, good, he said, he's down. He may be in trouble again. Rick Burger's show, You're on, Go ahead, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 20: Yeah, good morning. I was talking to my son yesterday and he was stationed in the Coastguard in Bellingham, Washington a few years ago, and I said I needed to listen to the show today because Speedy was spending the night with a listener from Georgia named Larry the patch Guy. He said, you mean Larry and Carolyn. I said yeah. He said they called the station up in Bellingham, Washington a few years ago and he sent them, uh, sent them some patches.
Speaker 6: Guard.
Speaker 19: Oh.
Speaker 20: I thought that was pretty indeed.
Speaker 27: I'm like, you've heard of them?
Speaker 20: Yeah, they called the station and asked for some patches a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: They're worldwide everywhere, They're everywhere.
Speaker 2: And they're unforgettable. Oh you meet it one time? New should talk one O three nine to Dothan we go. You're on unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 24: Ahead, Hey, Rick, God, this is almost from nothing.
Speaker 2: Hell's going I'm good, Bud, I hope you're well. I'm good.
Speaker 24: I just looking at the saga of Sacramento State, you know, football, and they got their asked for a waiver for to move up to the the FBS level and Tequitas and independent and they got denied. And I just think it's it's ridict The n c A is such a teless tiger anyway, and it's.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm just start interested in that. I'm sorry I couldn't. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I just I felt, I felt I felt the show Dying did y'all was not not a lot of people concerned about Sacramento State here. But I know he's probably using it just as an example. There's a time if we were on a segment, maybe yeah, sure, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey, buddy, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Can you bring me some keep from my bung hale?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a Beavis and butt Head reference.
Speaker 11: Thanks buddy, O, my goodness, it's it's just some about the accident.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 2: I sort of blamed the Dophin guy for that. Yeah, it's just like he derailed the phone segment for a miny and people are now chimed. You're right there, he continue.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Hey, I'm just pictured speeding waking up tomorrow the chain to a sled with patches so to his skin.
Speaker 2: Be safe, brother, He's fine, all right, he's on the back end. He's probably communicating with Hoby. He's fine, that's right. He had to call Hoby and get comfort. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, you're Rick Man your book Real men don't run the rain. I got an idea.
Speaker 10: I think you should have called it.
Speaker 6: Real men ain't handy, don't like cars, and don't like smelling like smoke around the campfire.
Speaker 2: It's men don't run in the ring.
Speaker 5: It's not real man.
Speaker 2: That's good, Oh, I thought, yeah, thank you, buddy. Hey, how big a fella are you? We continue, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, hey, buddy, you know I understand the reasons for doing a way thirteen days of horror.
Speaker 25: But there was a comedic element.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that I missed being scared.
Speaker 6: I think speedy, slightly off something parties yep, should become a return bent yep.
Speaker 2: This could be replacing it. This gives us just the comedy and none of the demons.
Speaker 8: So far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far. That's a good point. I ain't out of there yet. It's a good idea. I agree with you. This is that element we liked about it. Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, I can keep it from bunker right.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 27: Go ahead, morning, Ricks, Christ and Florence.
Speaker 24: How's a going guy?
Speaker 16: Good?
Speaker 2: I hope you're well, buddy.
Speaker 10: I'm doing well. And join the rain here that we're getting.
Speaker 2: You're enjoying it now, we've had plenty of that.
Speaker 10: Well, after ninety six degrees with the heat index of one to eighteen, you get tired of You're tired of that.
Speaker 2: It's gonna cool off little bit. I know it is, especially for the northeast. They're about to cools substantially. But go ahead.
Speaker 25: But I was speed.
Speaker 10: He was spoken that black and mild.
Speaker 21: Only thing I could think of was hearing the saw puff the magic dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's puffing on right, huff the magic speed. He loves his black and mild.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 2: We continue, Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, guys, this is bringing back so many memories of the whole Larry quest thing. And I may need you guys to help me tuttle a bet with my wife. So my father in law, he's been dead a few years now. His name was Larry.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 6: He was married. His first wife was married to Carolyn, my obviously you know mother in law. Now, Larry was the Vietnam Vet. He had had agent r in cancer that affected his throat, and he also lost all of his teeth so he wouldn't wear his teeth. And when I tell y'all, the first time I heard your Larry talk, it reminded me of my father in law, Larry I'm talking. Could be they don't look alike, but they sound alike.
Speaker 2: Interesting, My wife doesn't.
Speaker 6: My wife does not hear it, but I hear it every time. So if I send y'all an audio clip of my Larry, would you compare it?
Speaker 2: Is that wrong? Is that weird?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: Are you asking us if we think that's weird. Do you realsze how many things we do they're not even close to it that weird. Yeah, I mean that that's nothing for us remotely weird. Yeah, but it makes me.
Speaker 6: It makes me wonder have we gotten to the bottom of why Larry your Larry sounds like what sounds the way he does?
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 6: Is it a is it a throat thing?
Speaker 25: Is it?
Speaker 1: Has he been sick?
Speaker 2: What did you hear him ask? He was kind of talking to about it just happened when they had the black and mild, and he was like, you didn't know wise voy scout this way, but that's interesting. Maybe it's the black and mine. Maybe well it could be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It sounded like it was an incident, yeah, versus not just like I grew up this way, which correct.
Speaker 2: Then he said, I don't know, yeah, so maybe he just grew up that way.
Speaker 5: It just sounded like it was.
Speaker 2: I tell what I picked up on with with Speedy's documentation is that Larry has more of a lisp than I that I raised. Yeah, I didn't realize he had that, and I love him. Speed you. I say, hey, nice hose, thank you, thank you, thank you well it's nice. Extremely. There's also a part of Larry that I think is the most funny is he's demanding. If you picked up on that, Yes, come on this gun here, get on the slack. Yeah. Yeah, I love that. He's very I mean when he gets ready to do something, we're off and running and you hear Carolyn's voice. I don't bore him with that speedy let's say pictures.
Speaker 5: What a sweet, sweet couple they are.
Speaker 2: Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Yes, sir, that Mississippi.
Speaker 4: And I was just.
Speaker 9: Realizing that this year or Friday the thirteenth, if you spell out each month and it's in it spells out Jason, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's quite? How would you even know that? I tried to get my mind to think about it, sir, and it just won't do it.
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: How would you eve go?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna check this. Wow Friday thirteens Now, Wow, that is weird.
Speaker 5: It's going viral.
Speaker 2: That is okay. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 27: What a great way to celebrate episode one two three with Speedy lighting Newport cigarette on the way home.
Speaker 2: I think that's what he wants to have it, Okay, all rkay, I said, that's every every the sunscreen phone call elements. Really it actually it adds, it adds there, it does, it does, and the ability just to work through it if you're kind of the act. Yeah, I love that. Yeah, I dig that. All right, we'll be back. We're getting close to a brand new update from Speedy live from the Batchman right coming up next hour.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show, people, and let the whole world know that you listen to the Rick Burgess Show. Cool merchandise is available now. Just go to Rickburgersshow dot com that click shock.
Speaker 2: Also text Nation you can just text store to a D eight eight six big box. You'll get the link there too. I'll see Larry and Carolyn They've got there Rick Burgess Show shirts on today. You saw Speedy had his own yesterday while smoking some black and miles. We will check in. We just checked the audio and we have looked at the video and it will be Speedy live from uh the Larry Quest, Larry and Kerlyn's house.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 2: People are saying that Speedy's story on his Instagram. That story on Instagram from Speedy should get an oscar. Yeah, well done, documentation. It has taken out Ryan Greenwood today. He's actually on his Hoffer after watching it. So that means good measurement. That means it's good. So why don't we do this before we join them. We'll join them coming up next to our first segment. Let's do a little bit. Hey, here's what's going on in the world Video one adler. Let's update a couple of things. So also want to say this. You know, we we had this deal with uh. There there seems to be some uh some leaks on intel that have gotten out. But the bottom line is a Ron, Israel and and US, the US all in agreement. Now, notice the Ron's on this list that Islamic Republic nuclear sites were badly damaged, badly damaged despite this intel leak.
Speaker 28: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you can actually see a Roan's foreign foreign minister, uh that the spokesman saying that, hey, we we got bad damage. And they were telling Al Jazeera that and we we we actually got that. So there's really you know, they always play this game. Hey, we're good, nothing happened.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: So now we know that they were badly damaged. HEG Sas says, we have obliterated their ability to to wage nuclear war on anyone at least uh and in the present and near future. Now, well they try it again, they will, but at least we've pushed that back and we can prepare to continue to push them back every time they try it. Now we go to Trump at NATO.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Trump is is that he went to speak. Obviously they're in Hague, and this is him once again the art of the deal. He's demanding, uh, that that we stopped carrying the load and everybody start picking up the weight with us. And here he is talking at NATO. In a very historic milestone.
Speaker 29: This week, the NATO allies committed to dramatically increase their defense spending two that five percent of GDP, something that no one really thought possible.
Speaker 2: And they said, you did it, sir, you did it. Well, I don't know if I did it, but I think I did.
Speaker 29: This should be known as the Hague Defense Commitment. Just make it good, pretty appropriate. When the Allies reached this number, it will add more than one trillion dollars a year. Think of that one trillion per year to our common defense and this is a monument really to victory. But it's a monumental win for the United States because we were carrying much more than our fair share. Was quite unfair, actually, but this is a big win for Europe and for actually Western civilization.
Speaker 2: People might say I did it. I don't know if I did it, but I guess I did. Here he is he's mad at Spain. The reporter is going to say, I noticed Spain. They're not They're not They're not stepping up. And of course Trump, he wastes no time telling us how it feels about that.
Speaker 8: Thank you, mister president.
Speaker 5: Of course you know Spain. Are you satisfied with today?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think Spain's terrible what they've done.
Speaker 19: No, I do.
Speaker 29: They're the only country that won't pay the full up. They want to stay at two percent. I think it's terrible. And you know, they're doing very well. The economy is very well, and that economy could be blown right out of the water with something bad happening. You know, Spain is the only country that are you from Spain? Good congratulations. You're the only country that is not paying I don't know what the problem is. It's I think it's too bad.
Speaker 5: So we'll make it up.
Speaker 1: You know what we're going to do.
Speaker 29: We're negotiating with Spain on a trade deal. We're going to make them pay twice as much. And I'm actually serious about that. We're going to make Spain.
Speaker 2: I like Spain.
Speaker 29: I have so many people from Spain that it's a great place and they're great people. But Spain is the only country out of all of the countries that refuses to pay. And you know, so they want a little bit of a free rude, but they'll have to pay it back to us on trade because I'm not gonna let that happen.
Speaker 2: Sunfair what if he said, I've never been to Spain. I like Spain, and I kind of like the music.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 2: They tell me the ladies are in Yes, so he said, if Spain doesn't pay the five percent, if they stay at two percent, I'm just gonna get them on the trade deal. I'm gonna make sure they pay. Secretary General of NATO Is asked about Trump dropping the F bomb, which he did quite straightforward concerning Iran in Israel, and an interesting response referring to Trump as Daddy, here we go.
Speaker 8: I mean, we may do papers on it.
Speaker 29: Marco.
Speaker 8: Maybe we're going to do papers. I don't even know if you need them. They're not going to be fighting each other. They've had it. They've got a fight like two kids at the school yard. You know, they fight like hell, you can't stop them. Let him fight for about two or three minutes. Then it's easy to stop him.
Speaker 2: And then said, sometimes language a strong everyone.
Speaker 8: Saying you have to use a certain word.
Speaker 5: Sometimes language.
Speaker 2: Sometimes daddy has strong language.
Speaker 5: So they called Trump daddy.
Speaker 2: So they did.
Speaker 7: Yes, And in response to that, did you see what the real the actual White House social social media posted.
Speaker 2: Look at this grade great, listen and listen.
Speaker 5: I just want to get some attention. I don't want to be up in your.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you see.
Speaker 30: Ya.
Speaker 2: This is the official White House video Dy's Home, Daddy's funny.
Speaker 5: It is on the Trump official or the official White House social media and it's and it's Trump at NATO. It's it's set to the tune and it's showing all of Trump's highlights at NATO.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, well, you know, but but they were teed up by the Secretary of General of Natal called Trump daddy, Daddy have to use bad boy. He did so, so there's kind of your update on what's happening in the world. And when you try to drop some of that in, some of you were saying, look, we love all the fun, but be sure and just not you don't have to do it as much, but give us some updates of what's going on. So this is normally where we'd prefer to get it. So there you go, no problem there, So there's an updates. Thanks for the feedback on that. So well, will we come back? Speedy is live. Oh y'all, we can see Look at all the look look at all the patches, Look at the patches.
Speaker 5: They are ready to broadcast.
Speaker 2: Good good night at the patches. Larry's got a headset on Sony's Carolyn. All right, top of the hour. We'll be back with Speedy right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchers Show. You better listen up.
Speaker 17: You know what we say.
Speaker 2: All you gotta find.
Speaker 1: Us the voice of reason in an unreasonable world, The Rick Burchers Show.
Speaker 2: And here we go America and really around the world. Uh. No matter how you get the show, whether it be live or archive, we're glad you're here. Greg Adler here with me at Master Control and Dublin Georgia. One Calvin Speedy Wilburn is standing by and he's set up in a patch village with Larry and and Carolyn and just spent the night there last evening. I mean he's he's got it like he likes it. He sweedy.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, look, get there.
Speaker 6: It's just to see of patches and challenge coins if you if you were looking for any we got him. Uh. Sitting to my left is the one and only Larry Hopkins and to my right Carolyn Hopkins. They are the sweetest couple and have been the greatest host. So you want to say hello to everybody?
Speaker 4: Hello, everybody, Hey Carolyn, good morning.
Speaker 2: Well let me ask Larry and Carolyn what what kind of guests is speedy.
Speaker 8: And beat He's fantastic?
Speaker 2: Oh he is.
Speaker 17: He is so nice and kind?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we uh well, that's favorite kind of you to say.
Speaker 2: He's known for kiss kind. He's so kind of did he Larry Carolyn? Did he come in a little hot? That has he been over greeting?
Speaker 5: Was he was?
Speaker 2: He almost a little much to handle? Did y'all kind of have to tone him down a little bit.
Speaker 8: Now that he came in just fantastic.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's sweet of you to say.
Speaker 8: We think he is top of the road.
Speaker 6: That's very we do take.
Speaker 2: I'm on the so much of the world looking down on creation.
Speaker 4: Got my speedy and my patches right with me, Heather, you're something else.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he likes that. Hey, I tell you what if you think that we were struggling to find patch frames to cover the room, you might you you you were so so mistaken.
Speaker 27: Uh.
Speaker 6: There are layers and I mean the layers framed patches up and down the halls. We had been really skimmed the surface of patch frames.
Speaker 8: Have we know, we have it. We have a total of seventy five frames of patches.
Speaker 6: That's right, Larry. Wow, we sure, yeah, I say we even I'm part of the family now, we sure do.
Speaker 8: You are family.
Speaker 6: We sure do, Daddy. Uh but no, And you know what is great. And I just want to thank the both of you for being great hosts but also for not eating me. Yeah yeah, that was yeah. Yeah, I just want to thank you. I appreciate that. You know, you very kind of you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure, you know, and you're gonna kill Ryan.
Speaker 17: Wonderful though. It's like we've known you.
Speaker 6: Always, that's right. We we and y'all I love it.
Speaker 4: Were you can of surprise when they gave a Speedy a ride under.
Speaker 2: Ducks, laid, I was surprised. And you know I noticed. Did you notice that Speedy tried to act like that he never smoked before when he was having that black mom.
Speaker 4: Yes, we noticed that, Larry, Larry, can you see Carolyn pretty good?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Sure, she's right there.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why are you wondering, Larry? You want to show you wife off a little bit?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really, they've been married seven years and that's why they say they love each other a lot. And they'll lock up right in front of you, right, Mike, Yeah yeah, and uh, you know even cooking. Yeah, well, Larry is getting on to Carolyn for not talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, she she wanted she wanted to get a hit off that coffee she made. She makes great coffee. Uh and uh, we Carolyn, if you would, because a lot of people want to know the history of how in the world did you cut? Y'all both call Rick's voicemail in his office because that's where it started. And now here I am sitting between you. Now, let's go back to Rick and Bubba years and you said that y'all just you discovered us then, and it was one specific story that really got you locked in.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 18: I discovered it when Rick was talking about pumping gas oh oh wow, his underwear and he was.
Speaker 17: Saying that he felt a breeze.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, and he said it like he was so surprised.
Speaker 26: And I was in the kitchen by myself doing dishes and I just cracked up laughing.
Speaker 17: It was just so hysterical.
Speaker 6: And ever since then, it's.
Speaker 17: So I listened to it quite often since then.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 18: And then Larry tried to After Larry was here, he tried to call a few times and nobody would talk to him.
Speaker 17: They kept hanging up on him.
Speaker 6: That's probably Greg, Larry, Yeah, that's nice. Probably Greg. And then so Larry. So, so when y'all called Rick's voicemail, did you think you were on air when you did that? No, we did it, okay that.
Speaker 4: We just wanted to call Rick let him know right about the patch collection, and that was it. We did not think that we would go.
Speaker 8: I tell you.
Speaker 2: Right, So, Larry were number one. The audience wants to know where the cats right now?
Speaker 4: Tigger is walking around in front of us someplace. Cally is in the kid can't probably laying down.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, they they they they'll come out from behind the patch frame in a second. But you know how cats are. If you if there's a stranger in the house, they're not real sure, so they'll go to hiding and then they'll pop out. Never and and just you surprised you don't act and shy today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think the dog liked you speaking. And I've never heard of You've never mentioned the dog.
Speaker 6: Susie. Susie, the dog was not not about me. Uh well, you know, speaking of strangers. Anytime there's a stranger on the property and you got food in your hand, and if the owner does, they're not she lets us know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, didn't like speed.
Speaker 5: You are a strangers sleeping at somebody's hound.
Speaker 2: You are, Sam, I am.
Speaker 10: I know you.
Speaker 2: You strangely think you're their long lost son or something, but you're not. Yeah, no, no, no, we had a we had a big storm come in last night. Did you hear we all loving on each other.
Speaker 8: I was baking by the thunder.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's crazy. Yeah. Some people said y'all had rough storms last night.
Speaker 6: And what we did we it was popping around. The power blanked a couple of times. Yep, yeah, I thought I was gonna have to come in there. We all so ski in the dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so speedy? Are you saying that that? You seem to suggest that Larry and Carolyn the PDA is not an issue.
Speaker 6: Oh, they love each other, you know, true love gets after it, don't they?
Speaker 4: That Carolyn be married five they've been married seven years and going strong.
Speaker 6: That's right. I mean, hey, look, they'll be dead and middle a conversation and all of sudden Larry just say I love you?
Speaker 2: How sweet?
Speaker 6: And that's just the sweetest little so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah you thought the kissing was a little much, but I mean still.
Speaker 6: Right right, I did that. There's just so much all that we've done here.
Speaker 23: Uh.
Speaker 6: And you know I was able to get caring on alone one time and ask her a few questions. Larry was running some some airrands around the house, getting things done, some chores and all that, and I asked her if she loved Patches as much as Larry, And you said you did.
Speaker 17: I enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 17: It has it has outgrown us though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, yeah, real we.
Speaker 4: Thought we beget enough, patche get put the copy table and the kicking cable.
Speaker 8: But pleck, take your glass over it and have it like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, the first five months of calling around exceed at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do y'all realize. I just want everybody for a minute, We'll take a break and we'll come back. I want everybody to realize that Carolyn and Larry, for those of you who cannot see it, they're sitting with Speedy, just Pat. They have headsets on and they're doing the show. Yes, they are. Speedy is on location with them in their house. The middle.
Speaker 6: I mean this is just a little warm, yes, sir, like.
Speaker 8: Lean you have got Larry.
Speaker 2: Why are you yelling, Larry.
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to yell, Larry.
Speaker 2: Let me know, let me know if he's he's coming in hot, Larry. Okay, Larry, Lary, I'm right here, Larry. This is not the voice you checked out checking with me?
Speaker 8: Burn Pat yet eighteen you've got.
Speaker 2: That batter guys, right, that's good four Larry boo.
Speaker 4: But there's people on our Facebook page they've got ten fifteen.
Speaker 6: Dang, okay, he said, He said, if you think this is something it ain't. Jack, Yeah, yeah, I appreciate.
Speaker 2: Did you I don't know if y'all were listening, did you hear the guy called that new Larry and Carolyn like he worked with his son, worked with the Coastguard, And when he told his son about the show today, he goes, we know Larry and Carolyn they called here.
Speaker 6: Larry called here and got patches. Yeah, well I witnessed. We didn't hear that, but I witnessed how he did it. He called us border patrol, and I can give you a play by play of what I witness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burchess Show, the man who removed the phrase what's your new good from society?
Speaker 2: Rick, thank you for being with us today. It is Larry Quest. It's been a build up. Speedy has made his way there. You can follow all that. We actually recapped that earlier in the show. Now Speedy literally since in Larry in Carolyn's home, he is surrounded, no surprise here by thousands of patches and one slid and one slid that Speedy rode on. That Speedy actually Larry pulled Speedy on the slid. Speedy is awesome, speedy. You know, if there's anything you need to let us know, just remember Book of elim.
Speaker 6: Got it, you good, got it. This has been such a pleasant trip. They're such great host and Carolyn is such a great cook. Thank you, and your breakfast was fabulous. By the way, I woke up pretty I woke up pretty high.
Speaker 2: That looked good.
Speaker 6: Also to a knock on the door from Larry. I want to make sure everything was okay. At one point I thought you wanted to come in and get into bed with me. Larry, I did, okay, I wasn't sure, so so we want to go over just a few things, guys, And I know you you probably have a lot of questions. But when I got here yesterday, he was around dinner time and Carolyn had everything hot and ready.
Speaker 17: It's time.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and Larry even said she looked hot. At one point I thought, well, that's that's a little bit.
Speaker 2: But honeymooners.
Speaker 6: Well, all of a sudden, he gets on the phone and I realized he's talking to San Diego US Border Patrol and he's just having a conversation with him, and I I witnessed how he gets patches and you develop a conversation with him. You tell them what to google, You ask him if they have Google, and then and then they bring up the story and then they sit there and watch it and so they know you're legit, right. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And they wanted to know.
Speaker 4: How I spunk my last name, and I just go Henry Ocean pol King, i'da Nora Sam.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's Hopkins, right.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 6: Well, but some people, you know, you just gotta you gotta, they got to know, right, And then you give them the address and then you invite them over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I don't know when they're ever in Dublin. Yeah, And but but they they were very kind and said that in a few days you'll have some patches, right, they said that.
Speaker 4: But then the next week we'll have a US Border Patrol San Diego sector.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's been excited about that. You just randomly pick pick people to call, and you have like a list and you just go through it every day and see what who.
Speaker 4: Our randomly car places Carolyn will hear a place on a radio and uh, just say call that town up, see if they have a police department.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you just start right.
Speaker 8: Call them if they have a police department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you do you see a moment that you could confidently say I have enough patches?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: Now He's what's amazing Rick Is and Greg and Adler is that you could bring up a conversation from the past, our story and he will take you to the frame and to the patch without hesitation and look, literally, how many how many frames y'all have in here? Do you think Carolyn and here? Oh no, just in the house seventy six, seventy six? Yeah, yeah, and these are big frames, everybody, please don't think they're small frames. He can take you to the frame row and everything and go, there's the patch. It's it's really something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 6: It really is. And he lets us know, you know what they're in alphabetical order each state.
Speaker 28: Uh.
Speaker 6: And he lets we got some Indian reservation patches too, don't you right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we have three framed uh just Craber Indian Police.
Speaker 6: Oh that's something else, that's something else to add to the collection.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 6: We I did want to bring something to you too, because of what y'all mean to I don't know where this would go, but we have a framed Rick Burgess show ten. It says to Larry and Carolyn, thanks for your support and we've each son personally. I'd like for this to go in the kitchen. I mean maybe I just yeah, yeah, oh there everywhere?
Speaker 8: Yes, huh.
Speaker 6: And guess right here, Okay, that's not on the phone, that's up there here.
Speaker 8: I did ride pat See.
Speaker 4: There's that Lear at the ride in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Wow, Larry, I'm telling you, I'm feeling for you.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's combining your two favorite things I did, Rod and Patches into one.
Speaker 8: You're giving it to me, Larry, But no notice Jack, we have five of them.
Speaker 5: Oh kind of you.
Speaker 2: But does Larry realize that how many time champions? The guy from Alabama is actually one of the champions. You know that he's won it multiple times? Right? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was talking about that to the two of them, and they they acted like I was giving them old news. Uh, and then they kind of kind of scoffed at me a little bit.
Speaker 2: But we don't know a lot about it now.
Speaker 6: And Larry, you know, we have the in the box seats and I know that y'all want to attend one day. We've had a lot of great listeners have stopped by and they have patches, and I wanted to give you this here from the wildlife fisheries and parks in Mississippi. There's a patch, the Lamar County, Mississippi Sheriff's Department. There's a patch, Oh yes, sir, the Lumberton, Mississippi Police Department, the Caerlyn there's Chicago Police. There you go, Carolyn, So I've given you to her too. And then there's this one. Uh the sobriety trained officers representing Mississippi called Storm their patch in honor of Greg. And then all So Temple Baptist Church has given us a challenge coin from out of MISSISSIPI. I'm gonna give this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Rick, Yes.
Speaker 8: Here is a.
Speaker 4: Bag of extra practice that we want you uh to divide up and give to everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, and when when I thought life couldn't get any better, Thank you, Larry. You know what, though, I think you should start a patch collection, Rick, and you can put it down there at the farm at Yeah, I have. I'm gonna I'm wanna tell you where I wanna hang the first one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he's got. Larry is really adamant about Rick Burgess show challenge.
Speaker 2: Coin and pass we're working on. We're working on, Larry right now. That's actually being being made as we speak.
Speaker 4: Wow, we've got three hundred and fifty duplicate pactice and ain't. But I just vaandanmly picked out the bank of our duplicates and I'm telling them to you guys. But the I did right, patch does go to Adler.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You know, when we come back, I want to I'm picking up on something and I want to ask Larry, and I want you to be honest with me. I'm gonna ask you direct about this when we come back.
Speaker 11: And.
Speaker 6: You well, he's got a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 2: All right, Listen, when we come back, Larry and I we air agreements. We're gonna we're gonna work it out. Okay, Larry, all right, we'll do that. We can bake and and speedy. I really am thinking this. Before this hour is over, we have to give the audience a chance to call if that's possible. I think you can hear it there, right, yeah, yeah, all right, we'll come back. Larry clears the air a bone to pick with me and something I like to ask Larry about. Okay, I like it. We'll be right back stack.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. This is what Trump had in mind when he sought to make America great again. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go America. It's it's Larry Quest Speedy has been updating you on his journey. He has spent the night at Larry and Carolyn's. He's live from there now. I do want to point you to uh and what a great time to talk about being secure and feeling safe. Simplysafe dot Com, slash, Big Vox. Have you gone there? Are you a simply safe protected property or not? If not, you could be not just locking down your property, you could be unlocking peace of mind by using I mean the latest technology the industry has to offer their innovative at simply Safe. This active guard protection where they monitor your property in real time and they can interact with the property as it's happening. It's one thing to respond to something, it's quite another to keep it from ever happening. You can get it at half off right now, half off your system. If you're a first timer with a monitoring plan, you're gonna want that active guard about a dollar a day for that, but it's it's crucial simplysafe dot com slash big vox. You install it yourself. If you're renting, Yes, you can use this. You can take it with you when you move. Simplysafe dot com slash big vox for fifty percent off, or go to Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors Speedy is with us. Larry and Carolyn are there? So, Larry, you had a bone to pick with me, Let's start with that.
Speaker 4: Uh, Carolyn and Beady will agree that I am not that demanding.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, could you speak up? I can barely hear you say it.
Speaker 4: Again, Carolyn as beauty, but and I am not demanding at all.
Speaker 2: Larry, I have listened to I mean, you're Carolyn. You've heard him when he kind of he kind of told speed.
Speaker 17: He's really a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I demanded.
Speaker 6: I think sweet said that. It was a it was a sweet demanding not like a rude.
Speaker 2: It's just very frank. I mean.
Speaker 17: Maybe he wants to get your attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like he doesn't say this, I sweet. What do you think about going outside and looking ty san Susie what he does? And he goes, let's go, let's go, fee Choosie let's.
Speaker 6: Well, he's got he's got things to do, right your eggs?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you know you you you say that Rick, Rick's got an issue?
Speaker 2: What's what? What Larry? Uh o c d oh no, no, Larry, I just like things to be a certain way. And by the way, if I was in there right now, i'd be straightening those frames up in a second.
Speaker 6: So I do I do want to to offer you up something real quick. These are these are protein balls, okay. And my wife Terry, uh, she made these balls, and I just want you to try a ball.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 6: Have you ever had protein ball?
Speaker 8: I've never heard of them.
Speaker 6: You haven't, Carolyn. Here's here's you a little napkin and and then Larry, let me get you a little napkin here and and you didn't have to you know, I don't have to eat the whole thing.
Speaker 2: But eat the whole thing.
Speaker 6: There you go, Carolyn. I didn't just bring I brought more than two. I brought a whole bag full. Sure they can be a little sticky. Go ahead and eat that now, get on it. Rick, uh huh.
Speaker 4: One, b Lyn, and I want the bike everybody there over to our house. Whenever you can bring your ways spending as much time?
Speaker 8: Do you want to? Is it open house for the whole crew?
Speaker 6: Have you have you cleared this with Carolyn? Are you talking to the entire audience or just the staff just Carolyn? Is that okay for if everybody comes over?
Speaker 17: Yes, we'd love it.
Speaker 6: So maybe so when we finally when we get some vacation time, we come straight here. Oh that would be wow, that would be good. Have you tried that protein ball yet? How you like it? Carolyn?
Speaker 17: It's wonderful?
Speaker 6: Are you, Larry?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: You love you're getting off in it.
Speaker 2: I would like to see Carolyn and Larry come here and then they can stay with you in Terry. Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well they've been saying that. They say they've been talking about the camp house and how much good about the camp house that they really want to Uh, okay that maybe come down and maybe even bring some patches that we can hang in the barn. You know, I'll be fun official a few fish.
Speaker 8: Ever, but I haven't picked it along tide.
Speaker 2: You haven't, Larry. I'm not going to have you around if you're gonna order me around.
Speaker 8: Though, I'm not going to be ordering.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Heard he heard you say that and he goes. Rick said, I was demanded.
Speaker 2: I said, well he didn't what he didn't mean mean what. Here's what I'd like to ask. I've noticed this with Larry okay, uh and Speedy. This may be hurtful. I think you're definitely in the in the two slot. And it may be reversed, but it's obvious, and you've been mentioned it, and I've been paying attention since you mentioned it. Larry really likes Adler. Yeah, he's picked his favorite, hasn't it. Adler get that computer taken care of?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 17: Do you like patches, honey?
Speaker 6: And do you like is he your favorite?
Speaker 2: Larry? You seem to you seem to have a favorite, and it seems to be Adler. And I may be Speedy's number two, but obviously, but I can't. I hear you talk about Adler a lot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Adler does all your work. He does the video and his back up. We love that.
Speaker 4: Everybody else, uh does the commentary, the news and whatever.
Speaker 8: We love that. We love every one of you.
Speaker 17: Everybody.
Speaker 8: Everybody does love everybody.
Speaker 2: That's impossible to love everybody the same.
Speaker 26: Larry.
Speaker 5: It's like, Larry don't have a favorite patch. He loves all of his boys. Actually, do you have like a crown patch?
Speaker 2: Crown?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: We have one right from the vice presidential bodyguard. Uh, Secret Service.
Speaker 6: I think is that over there?
Speaker 8: He showed it to uh last night.
Speaker 6: We've moved everything. We moved, we moved everything around.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 6: He knew exactly where they were, and then we started moving things to.
Speaker 2: You don't even know where your favorite.
Speaker 6: You know you found Oh my goodness, you found it. Okay, hold on, he did it. He's literally running away. Where is it?
Speaker 8: Larry?
Speaker 2: This is Larry's favorite. Where's where's she going?
Speaker 28: Larry?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, he's speaking of my whole friend. He's speaking of my whole frame.
Speaker 6: O boy, Okay, it's right there there you're going from, Larry.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that should have its own thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Us Secret Service right there, Rice, Presidentenkoe Web secret Service buddyguard.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: I see that having its own small frame layer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, this here is not the federal patches.
Speaker 2: Your favorite. It shouldn't be in here with the other ones.
Speaker 10: F B.
Speaker 6: I right here, you're a middle finger pointer.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that right here, uh, Secret Service as well as right to here, US Border Patrol.
Speaker 2: This is a serious business. I'm sorry, that's a serious business. So yeah, that's that Big US Marshall. So Larry has a favorite patch, but not a favorite person. Hey, Larry, let me ask you this. Yes, do you think I know you've seen Speedy's legs and you you talked about that and didn't know about your compound fracture and thank you for that gory story. But wow, wow, what a scar?
Speaker 30: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do you think Speedy could pull you on the sled? I mean you pulled him on the sled. Do you think you think those those thighs could do it?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, I sling you around, wouldn't it? And what do you say?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 6: What's what?
Speaker 18: Do you?
Speaker 17: Hike?
Speaker 2: Hike?
Speaker 6: Did y'all know that that's what they scream? Is hike?
Speaker 10: I do?
Speaker 6: Now you get it on the top there, but it won't That didn't right?
Speaker 8: Is ge and jah?
Speaker 2: So gee jah hike hike.
Speaker 8: Husky?
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 8: To stop the dogs that you go break and hook?
Speaker 2: Okay, Larry, if you were forced, let's say that that God said you have to pick patches are all things involving sleds and sled dogs, and you had to get rid of one which one would.
Speaker 6: You let go?
Speaker 8: I'd get rid of the I get rid of the dogs fed.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: All right? So what so she likes dogs? So you like the dog slid?
Speaker 8: You actually have three dogs?
Speaker 25: Feds?
Speaker 4: Do you do?
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, Larry Real, I'm sorry, Greg, Larry Real quick patches or Caroly patches?
Speaker 5: Are Carolyn?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 25: Carolyn?
Speaker 8: The package would have.
Speaker 18: To go.
Speaker 16: He that.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this what we saw, Susie who don't like Speedy? I'm surprised y'all don't own a husky? A little hot down here for him?
Speaker 6: I get that right, real hot in here, we're a husky.
Speaker 4: We wouldn't have a husky if someone but to give it to us.
Speaker 2: Why it wouldn't.
Speaker 8: It wouldn't be paired to the dog. Like Carolyn said, Speedy.
Speaker 2: Does that make you feel bad a little bit?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean they get hot. I mean and with all the fur and ever, they would really have to be an inside.
Speaker 2: Dollar right, well, not necessarily there, that wouldn't not there apparently, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, inside outside no difference, has her.
Speaker 8: Own pen as he's a boxer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 8: Bod is friendly. He actually rescued Doug Yeah right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I talks about to rescue Speedy from her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there wasn't a fence there.
Speaker 2: You want to try some phone calls for Larry and Carolyn?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh yeah, I You've got questions.
Speaker 2: Give us a holler, all right, so let's let's try it. Eight eight eight six big box eight eight eight six two four four eighty six nine. You want to speak with Larry, Speedy, Carolyn, any of us. We're gonna give you that opportunity when we come back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show in the words that embraces mediocrity.
Speaker 2: They are all right, So it's your time now, America to talk to Larry, Carolyn or Speedy. Beautiful setup Larry quest from the text line is a raving success. Sounds just like Speedy's in the studio with Larry and Carolyn. The remote setup is gold. Hey, I rearranged my schedule today not to miss this. I'm devoting part of my vacation to this today. The audience is loving it and they want a chance to chat now Speedy, let me.
Speaker 17: Know I'm not hearing it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, Carolyn, okay, Carolyn, can you hear it? Testing one two for Carolyn perfect, Okay, all right, okay, here we go your own The Rick Burgess Show with Carolyn Speedy, Larry and the guys. Go right ahead.
Speaker 20: Hey, this is Jeremy from hedevill I was actually the listeners that stopped by and stayed with Larry for a couple of hours a few months ago.
Speaker 17: Oh, we're glad to hear from you.
Speaker 20: Yes, I was going to be back in the area in two or three weeks.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 24: I don't need some black and Miles drop by.
Speaker 17: You don't have to bring black and Miles, but we'd love to have you visit.
Speaker 6: Go ahead and bring Yeah. I tell you what, Larry, He'll pull on one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, problem. Yeah. So Carolyn, it doesn't concern you at all that Larry keeps inviting people to your home that you don't even know they are.
Speaker 26: Not really, I guess I'm getting used to it. I know it's iffy. It's iffy, but it's a lot of fun too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's honest, Rick.
Speaker 8: Yes, in front of us are two jack the patches.
Speaker 6: No, yes, can you see it break?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can see him there. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're hanging now on the sled and here on the table.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Those are very special to them, right.
Speaker 8: Uh for the Patae or from a brace called the Yukon Quest.
Speaker 25: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a rage from Fairbanks, Alaska, the white Horse in the Yukon Territory of Canada.
Speaker 2: We wait, man, are you saying the jackets bridge the gap between the IDEAA ROD and the patch world?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, some of the patches, okay, are from the Yukon Quest.
Speaker 2: But what should it be some Larry, shouldn't you have an area? Says? This is all patches that that that are part of the idea to Rod World. Maybe their own jacket, their own frame. It's some of this just seems a little a little unorganized. I feel like I need to help you know. No, no, no, he's trying to miss you. Gonna send him, got it?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure we have.
Speaker 2: It feels a little a little shooting from the hit Lerer.
Speaker 6: Yeah. We have frames that uh that are in alphabetical order by the state. Uh, and so things might right now. We pulled everything out to show it a little bit of a showcase for all of you. But it was a lot more organized up and down the hall and everything. But Larry, people want to talk to y'all. So let's you want to go to another car?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go rick Burgers show go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 31: I just wanted to give Larry some insight. He said he always calls and gives people the uh spelling of his last name, so I wanted to give him the phonetic alphabet. So maybe we'll give me a little more clout get people to give in.
Speaker 9: But Hopkins correct, that's correct.
Speaker 13: Oh, so okay, Larry, So eight is for hotel? Oh is oscar, p is Papa kay is t lo I is Indigo in in November and the Sierra.
Speaker 8: Oh that's the airport fanatic.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, that's good.
Speaker 8: From the airport.
Speaker 4: Did I get the actually police department? Oh, Henry Ocean pol King Norris.
Speaker 2: That's not the one you should use, Henry Osha.
Speaker 6: Don't let it. Don't let him get to you, bud. But now you know the airport too.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how about that's like I can spell? Did you write that down, Larry?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't write it down.
Speaker 17: How you going?
Speaker 2: How are you gonna remember it?
Speaker 8: We've got a airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's go with it, Hopkins go airport version.
Speaker 4: Airport version hotel Oscar popa Lima No, uh uh huh hotel oscar papa lima.
Speaker 6: In alphabet, just your name. They just want you to spell you Hopkins. So what would be p papa? Okay?
Speaker 8: Klo November?
Speaker 2: What about I.
Speaker 8: Indio Indio?
Speaker 6: That's awesome, Larry, Carolyn. I know that that impressure probably kind of got you looking at him like.
Speaker 2: There was a man who loved dispatches. Larry was his name?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hell?
Speaker 18: Or what?
Speaker 8: Okay? Question? Ask you real quick?
Speaker 4: Go go ahead, but give money if I called you by your first name or your last.
Speaker 5: Just as long as you call me Larry, you know you can call me anything you like, Buddy.
Speaker 6: I think he I think he really wants to call you Chris. Don't you buy you want to call him?
Speaker 8: Still awkward? Awkward calling you by your last name?
Speaker 2: Wow, Well that's what all men do. I'm gonna call you Hopkins.
Speaker 17: Okay, honey, tell them what a friend in Kentucky calls you?
Speaker 4: A friend did I graduate with in Kentucky calls me Hoppy?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 17: There?
Speaker 2: I changed the hops.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well the thing is there was three Larry's in my graduation class, right, and you didn't stand up called Larry one they called me hoppy.
Speaker 8: The other end they called JR.
Speaker 2: Is your name Larry Wayne Hopkins?
Speaker 8: No, Larry Thomas?
Speaker 2: So Larry Wayne? Okay?
Speaker 11: Is it is?
Speaker 2: It is Larry Wayne, It's not.
Speaker 8: No, it's Larry Thomas.
Speaker 2: Okay, lt alright, got it?
Speaker 22: Uh?
Speaker 2: Rick Birders, show your own go ahead.
Speaker 25: I can only ask My question in song goes like this. If I said you had a feat pull by you, would you hold it against me? If I swore you were angel? Would you.
Speaker 2: Completely?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: Who you singing that to? That is weird? Who is he singing it to? Speedy? Was he singing it to Carolyn?
Speaker 17: Who's he singing it to?
Speaker 2: Larry? And that's offensive? Respect, Larry said, Larry sitting right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tig a, the cat doesn't even know what to do.
Speaker 2: Rick Berger's show your own go ahead? And by warning.
Speaker 8: We had got straight Yes.
Speaker 2: Me too, Larry, Greg too. Rick Berger's show your own go ahead, y'all?
Speaker 10: Good, Hey, Larry, Hey Carolyn, I got a question for y'all.
Speaker 27: I think y'aught.
Speaker 10: Maybe get Rick to come over there and help. You'll hang up in Francis.
Speaker 13: He's gotten so handy, and hey, you handler come with didn't help, you'll fix that computer.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a great We call that a truth for it works for you. Rick Burgers Show, You're on the air. Go ahead.
Speaker 22: Well, this is my first time seeing Larry, and I'm gonna let you know this kind of ruined my experience.
Speaker 2: He's halfway normal looking.
Speaker 10: I was hoping to have a pump in his back or something.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen one. I haven't seen one pair of shoes since I've been here. Love foot, he loves it well, and he loves his house shoes too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 18: There it is.
Speaker 2: I mean the the audience, I mean, they're just they can't get enough.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, thank y'all. This has been a lot of fun. Yeah so much, Carolyn.
Speaker 2: Thanks Carolyn. Wow, great job, We love you, great job speeding All right, Larry, Larry's real.
Speaker 1: He is the week BRGI Show.
Speaker 2: Rock casting from the Real. Everybody ready, let's go, Come on a man, are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 5: It's time full the rig Burges Show.
Speaker 2: We're moving right along. We got Gregg and Adler hanging out here. Speedy just wrapped up his broadcast from the patch Man's House. Can you believe it? We'll get a lot of feedback coming in.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the people are loving it. Are you ready love it?
Speaker 5: It's time full to rig Burgess show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we'll get more of your phone calls in. May get another Hey Bird in your feedback. Like I say, always crucial. I love love love How well that that that was pulled off from a technical standpoint too, I was just reassuring speedy in the break. I thought from a technical standpoint, that was a home run that we could see good, we could hear good. I know a lot of you saw Larry and Carolyn for the first time. Yeah, you know, there's always that weird feeling when you have voices. Yeah, because you got in your mind then you put voices, you know, with faces, and uh, it's sometimes just a little weird. It'll it'll wig you out a little bit. So he saw somebody make the statement that he actually looks exactly like I thought he would. Interesting, And you know, because a lot of times you're interested, don't get that. So we we are hearing from you on the text nation and now looking through some emails too.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I think this last couple of texts I just saw really kind of sum it up Larry Quest's raving success. Larry also known as Hoppy also known as Hoppy. Uh, did you find it odd that that Larry doesn't like calling you Adler? I thought that was odd.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm not surprised by anything Larry does anymore.
Speaker 11: You know, you just go with you.
Speaker 2: If I call you Chris, I like to call you Chris. If I call you Chris.
Speaker 5: He's a man that likes things a certain way, and he likes certain stuff. He's passionate. You called him demanding. I would say he's just more a man of passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just what I meant when you got time for Bullcraft. Well, I noticed this a little bit, and I think some of this, you know, Larry, And I guess I can't believe I don't know this as many times as we've talked to him. I know he spent time in Alaska. He's made that crystal clear and made a very big impression on him. But but but I think he's he doesn't come across to me as a Southerner. He now lives in the South, so we would officially make him money now graduating in Kentucky being called Hoppy, did he say Kentucky I think I see that doesn't Okay, I may be wrong that I take my point. What I'm saying is I've dealt with people from the North a good bit and even noticed it when I had a chance to speak there in January and Michigan. They're not as a warm know as as Southerners. They're just very frank, you know, And so it's not meant to be demanding or to be rude. It's just the culture, you know, as opposed to hey, how would you up? How would you like to go sit down? Where in the North they go sit down? Yeah, you know, like where it's your place at the table, you know. Okay, and when Larry goes, thank god, let's go do this, I'll be here. Look at this, you know, it's just look at this patch. Yeah, It's just it's a little I guess maybe demanding is the wrong word. Maybe frank direct direct direct, yes, direct, Yeah, okay, there you go. So h so anyway, so there there is uh there's something that started with a voicemail on uh in the office six months ago. You said, guys, y'all got to come in here and listen to that. And then it just it just just the pinnacle. Just happened. Speedy spent the night with these people and broadcasts from their house. Absolutely, the patch man cometh. So there it is happened. Is it's happened, It's done. And we want to come up with stuff, you know, there's unique and I think that that was. I think that's just the kind of stuff we were looking for.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And if you have a unique collection and you want to show it to Speedy Hall, just send us an email or voicemail or whatever, tell us about your collection.
Speaker 5: Maybe Speedy will spend the night at your house.
Speaker 2: You never know, you know. I did hear him mentioned one time he's always wanted to see a really really well kept, very extensive stamp collect stamp collection. He's always wanted to see that, and then that can lead to a coin collection. Yes, right, a lot of potential out there, a lot of potential. Saw people with a great idea. Rick put Speedy on the wheel and if it lands on him, he comes and spends the night at your house. Yes, how about that?
Speaker 5: So it said you buy Speedy lunch, you host Speedy Airbnb style.
Speaker 2: There it is. I like it, love it. That is there, And we already have a picture of him on there. Maybe we put a picture of him on there now in pajamas. Are putting Larry in the background. Yeah yeah, speech Speedy for the sleepover.
Speaker 5: And Speedy has to hitchhikeer there too. I just you know, add that Larry talking about his ten years, he said he spent hitchhiking, and ten years that's what he said.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's a big decade. A lot of I would like to hear more about Larry's decade of hitch hiking.
Speaker 2: Over hitchhiked, No on purpose, meant to. I did not go out and on it.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 2: Fleeing from an area, but just by jumping in a stranger's car is not hitch hiking. You were just fleeing.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's fleeing a crime.
Speaker 2: Have I needed a ride? I thought you were taking them hostage? Yeah right, yeah, yeah, yes they did. I just said, whatever y'all do, drive away from it. Just I don't care where you go, right. You know? That was an interesting family. But listen, and let's let's clarify this. We've talked about it all fair. We see Larry and Carolyn, and we love it and we've had fun with it. What we don't want is people calling pretending to be a unique character. We want the real deal. Explain that great, because Greg has I always talked about the genuine article and it's always better and it is. They're not trying to be funny, they're not trying to play a character. That's who they really are. And to me, that is gold. So don't call him. I won't goofy boys and try to be a character. What are they doing? Great a goofy boys? And right, you know, I'm trying to be a character. Up something that that I collect, something they'll make up that they really don't. So he really collects it. He's really passionate about that's not an act. There's nothing is what we want better than a person's uniqueness makes them funny and they're not trying to be That's it, and that's what you gotta get. Like see a lot of a lot of people call up here on phone segments and they try to be a Gary, but you're never gonna be funnier than that. Gary is the genuine artist. He's he's not he's not trying to be a character. It's not a character. He's not pretending that that's that's who he is. And those are always the best. I go back to the greatest intern of all time when bruisers Bradley, same thing. He's just being his set right, and he was funny. The genuine article will always be better than I've created. I'm trying to be a character, you know. Yeah, and this is from something from people who I do characters. But there's still nothing better. I'll say a collect naval or something. I want you to collections.
Speaker 6: That's how funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, the fact that Larry is really doing this and he is serious about them patches, he is fired up about it. Yes, And I've noticed on the phone segments there's a lot of attempts to be your good old boy redneck guy. That's been done, and it's been done well and some who really are. But yeah, and if that's just who you are, that's fine. But this I'm putting on the fake voice, and uh, you know, and this is you know, that's that's not You're really gonna have to bring some outstanding material to make that work. Yeah, I mean they can do it. There, no, no, no, there's We just like the genuine as much as as much as it breaks our heart, and it does. But this is how well done. It was the fact that Larry the Cable Guy is a character. Yeah. The first time I found that out, it did.
Speaker 1: It shocked me.
Speaker 5: Bothers me.
Speaker 2: I was shocked, but nothing wrong with That's a credit to him for being that good at it. Because I bought hook Line and Sinker.
Speaker 5: I thought about it yesterday. My kids were watching cars and he's made her the tow truck in Cars and I'm like, wow, So he's really northern and he just made this whole career off of Larry the Cable Guy.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, amazing, he's really now. He is funny, he's funny. Well, you know, Bubba and I talked about this, and I'm sure Bubba he'll probably share it even on this podcast. But when we were backstage and it was I think a Sean Hannity event, one of these patriotic deals that were the Rallies rallies, and it was in Atlanta, and that was a green room experience when we met Larry in person who'd been on the show a few times, and he was talking in his non Larry Volle voice, and it was dressed as hilarry though ready to go. And I didn't it just I didn't know what to do with it. I mean, you know how when your eyes are seeing something and sounds coming out and your brain starts trying to comprehend it and understand it and and you and I was like, wow, So he just pulled the curtain back big time. Yeah, hey guys. And and I'm not sure it was okay. I don't know that I want to. I don't know that I wanted to know that. It doesn't make you any less funny. It just it just was weird and he's funny. He ishi, Oh my goodness. Oh but anyway, I thought that was great. I thought it went good. Speedy he's got to drive ahead of him. He does, but does at least he feels like he's a compl with something because he could. I don't think it could have went any better.
Speaker 5: No, Speedy did such a good job.
Speaker 6: I guess it's great.
Speaker 2: Well done by all.
Speaker 5: And there's such a sweet couple and not murderers.
Speaker 2: No, and we found that out. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show. We talk to the public every day, and trust us, you should be gravely concerned. The Rick Burger's Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being with us today. We are rolling through another one. Boy, that thing right, there's got a problem. As we work our way back. Reminder reminder to you if you are following the new podcast Strange Encounters, this is a podcast devoted to understanding, studying, warning about the supernatural, dealing from a biblical worldview only, and trying to educate ourselves on angels and demons. And you know, scripture talks quite a bit about the supernatural and it is something to be aware of, not to obsess over, but to be educated on. And that's our hope. And we have another episode that we're doing today. That will be episode six. It will come out this weekend, Lord Willing, And if you want to see the other five episodes, you can go grab those. Wherever you get podcasts Strange Encounters, you can search that and go ahead and follow that and you'll get an alert when it drops this weekend. This is a freak accident. Have you ever been on the beach or been at a restaurant. You're outside, maybe eating, and the straight line winds start becoming and umbrellas get the blowing around, and you know, these things can be quite dangerous. An umbrella in the wind can wreak hav it and here we have a story from Fox News and here it is freak umbrella accident leaves life guard impaled in beach day horror. Can you imagine good grease? I saw footage of the umbrellas man they were blowing. This happened Wednesday morning Asbury Park Third Avenue Beach, where first responders were called to the Jersey Shore for reports of a young woman trapped by a beach umbrella. Fellow lifeguards found the young woman lying on the ground near the lifeguard stand with an umbrella umbrella steak threw her left shoulder and sticking out the back of her arm by foot. Look better, be glad boy left. Could have killed her, could have killed her like a vampire. The first responders cut the umbrella steak off made it easier to transport the victim to a hospital. Wow wow, wow wow.
Speaker 5: Do y'all want to hear a little package about it.
Speaker 2: The hospital with a piece of wood stick there say they're saying to say that she is tough. That is definitely a good word to describe her. So apparently she showed a lot of courage. And you know, these umbrellas got to blown around the beach and here we go, So here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is from News twelve.
Speaker 32: And when she fell, the umbrella impaled her in the arm or the shoulder area, went through her to the point where first responders had to use a saw to cut it off in the front and the back before to take her to the hospital. She was apparently alert the entire time, described as about five two ninety eight pounds. Incredible toughness to say the least. But interestingly and somewhat frighteningly, when you research how often impalements happened on a beach from umbrellas, it does happen more than you might think and think, and it's certainly something you need to be concerned with. We're touching base on that this morning and trying to get updates on the lifeguard's condition on News twelve New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Do you since he's at Let's just be honest. When when I said Asbury Park, all we started thinking about was Bruce Springsteen in the Street Band. Yeah, didn't we jo? Yeah? Yeah? So uh So, anyway, have you ever been on the because noticed when these lifeguards are out there, these people that work the chair services, have you ever seen the end of these polls? Them they're when they're driving them into the sand. Yes, I mean that they're they're a weapon. They're a weapon.
Speaker 5: And they have the drill. You have you seen when they have big old drill.
Speaker 2: Of course, Yeah, that's that genius, yes standard so h so anyway that that's one of those things where you kind of you see the headline of that story. Look, when these things gets blown around, it's it's serious business. Also, this was interesting, you know now that Speedy is not in the studio with us, and when and we've we were done, you know, doing an hour and and and more, you know, trying to do the Larry Quest. You know, there's a rumor we talk more about music when he's not here. Yeah, and people notice we've already done it earlier in the show and I don't get to it. I don't do that on purpose, do y'all. I mean, it's this is something though that really we need him more because it's more of a pop country feel, which is more where he might know more about this. Leanne Rhymes were all familiar with LeAnn Rhymes, correct, Remember she was like fifteen when she came out right, Still picture her to be young. Until I read this headline because this could happen to people who are young. Yeah, but when you read the headline, it sounds like this headline should go maybe with Dolly Pardon or somebody that Reaba McIntyre Leanne Rhymes lost her teeth mid song and spent the rest of the concert trying to push them back in. Boy, it makes it tough to sing. Her quote, I panicked at this point in my career. I don't have many first left, but this was one, and I hope it is the last. She says. We all are told that the show must go on. She said, here's probably the most epic example of how the show must go on. I was on stage in mid and in the middle of one way ticket, I felt something pop in my mouth. And if you've been around you know I've had a lot of dental surgeries and I have a bridge in the front and it fell out in the middle of the song. Wow. Can you imagine? Uh wow? So she said, I ran to the side of the stage put it back in. Luckily it popped back in, and then I just went on singing. Well she had had to sing with no teeth, yeah, she said. I then I just had to get real with everybody and tell them exactly what was happening, or else I would have had to walk off the stage completely for the rest of the show. So I was pushing my teeth back in every couple of lines and then singing, that's this is her. I guess it is her telling this on her Instagram. Yeah, so you guys were here talking about it.
Speaker 23: Yes, sure of one way ticket. I fuild something pop and if you've been around you know I've had a lot of dental surgeries and at a bridge in the front and it fell out in the middle of my song last night, to which I panicked and in the middle said hold on and ran to the side of the stage and put it back in, like popped it back in, and.
Speaker 29: Then just went on singing.
Speaker 23: And then I just had to get real with everybody and tell them exactly what was happening, or else I would have had to walk off stage. And so for the rest of the show, I was literally like this, pushing teeth in.
Speaker 2: Oh, it went in for good. She had to keep it start working, start working its way back out. Had to because she said the only way to make it stop doing that would be stopping go to the dentist and get the whole thing redone. Wow, can you imagine could you even enjoy if you were hurt? Enjoyed the rest of the night, because that's how she's thinking about. Oh, she's having to push your thing, you know, back, And I bet she didn't sing an encore. She probably said, I'm out.
Speaker 5: I bet it's hard to sing when your teeth are falling.
Speaker 2: Out's gotta be you know, well, yeah, you would think that teeth falling out probably one of the biggest obstacles you could have while trying to sing. Yeah, but she said the show must go on. Uh so, And I like. I like what she decid. I had to come clean because if I didn't, everybody's gonna be wondering what in the world's going on?
Speaker 5: Does that grosser a lot when people take their teeth out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather they didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I'd rather than not.
Speaker 25: I'm not trying to be rude.
Speaker 17: I'm not trying to be No.
Speaker 2: Is that a little rude?
Speaker 5: And nobody, nobody wants to do that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of gross, I'm gonna check with it with the ador, I sent him in an email on the break. If everything came through, I think the gross continues did you see that? Yeah, look at look at Adder's face.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. Thanks for being with US America and we've got a number of things still to cover on the program. If you miss Larry Quest today, I come on. You can't miss Larry Quest live from Dublin, Georgia. Speedy with Larry and Carolyn.
Speaker 9: You can.
Speaker 2: We went through the whole day before then we actually talked to them for an hour. And if you miss that, it's available on the daily archive today. Be sure you're following our podcast archive. That way you get an alert when that's available to you a little bit later today on the podcast channel. Also, if you are a subscriber to our YouTube channel, there's an archive there every day as well, and you get a best of our on the podcast, and there's another best of hour that's available to Blaze TV subscribers. Let me tell you about what's going at my pillow dot com slash big Vox right now. The Geeza Dream bed sheets four hundred thread count from some of the best cotton in the world there in Giza, Queen Kings, Split Kings and California Kings, any size, any color, forty nine to ninety eight. Now get this why it's available. Once this is gone this stock, then then they're gonna go back to the normal price. So take advantage of this now. If you spend over one hundred dollars, MyPillow dot com slash big vox will also give you one hundred dollars in digital gifts. Look at that Rev seven energy drink too, part of the Make America Healthy Again campaign. It is an energy drink that is powered by go B HB, no caffeine, no sugar, goet some great flavors lemonade, green apple, and blueberry citrus s also vegan. If that matters to you, go to MyPillow dot com slash big vox right now and save big money. Uh, let's take a look. This is gonna come to us out of the out of the emails. So a couple of.
Speaker 5: Blocks in the house. We're turning it loud.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burges show was rocking the crowd.
Speaker 5: Ques just keep coming the answer email stack time.
Speaker 2: But we're on the go, okay, so let's let's take a look at this one. Do you want to take on Phiel Phil? Are you grossed out? Adler?
Speaker 9: Greg?
Speaker 2: Greg's not sure he wants to see it. Yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Whole thing is confusing.
Speaker 2: Now Here, here's what he says. Okay, this is not a joke. It's not a joke. One of your favorite you're green.
Speaker 6: Not a joke.
Speaker 2: He says, I found, hey bird, I found a toe now or similar looking item in my Campbell's suit. I've saved it in my fridge. Is there anyone out there that could help me? I want to name? Yeah. So uh, they're saying, if there's anybody out there that knows what to do if you find.
Speaker 5: Well, he sent a picture too, and there it is. He sent a picture too.
Speaker 7: But guys, I don't know. It's it's very dark, it's it's fuzzy. He didn't send a good picture for.
Speaker 6: Us to see.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the bottom picture, the one right under it where he lays it out on the counter.
Speaker 5: That's all. I only saw one picture.
Speaker 2: There's a picture right under it. There's two pictures. I just now saw the second one too. Okay, look and see if and he lays it out on the counter, lays on the counter. It almost looks like a like a shrimp or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see that is this what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's a close up of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Is that a toenail?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You got some nasty feet. If that's a toneail, I don't know.
Speaker 23: What that is.
Speaker 2: I don't like in my suite. Whatever it is. But if we if your favor soup was it looks like it's the sausage gumbo.
Speaker 5: It's what it looks like to me.
Speaker 2: Chicken and chicken and sausage gumbo.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 2: But but couldn't that just be something? Yeah? That could couldn't that be a shrimp? It's a gumbo?
Speaker 5: A shrimp?
Speaker 18: Oh rick?
Speaker 5: I found that. Yeah, I'm not a toail.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 5: If you learn that's a toenail, you got to go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, that's not a tonail.
Speaker 16: What is it?
Speaker 5: Did he say how if it if it was or not? Did he say if it was?
Speaker 2: He's very elusive. It just says if anybody wants to tell him what to do to contact or whatever. I think you would just contact. I don't know. I'm sure there's what brand is it? It was Campbell's, But I never have gone down that road on something like a sausage and chicken gumbo. Now I like it, but I like Progressos version of it. These you know, don't stop, don't start a soup war? Pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Campbell's chunky as Campbells chunky is what the brand.
Speaker 2: Definitely, that's the line that they do.
Speaker 5: I lived off of that suit, by the way, for a long time.
Speaker 2: You went into the gumbo and all that. It's simple, and mine was like you, Greg, chicken, rice, chicken and noodle. I didn't get into the weird.
Speaker 5: I got into In fact, it would I would take the sausage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he says it was crunchy. Come on, stop, I'm just telling you what he said. Stalk about it. I'm telling myself it was something different. They're still grow. If you're a lawyer and you want to make a run at this, send us your info. I'll pass it along to anonymous here. Didn't you get harmed by it? Because if you didn't, you know.
Speaker 5: Greg emotional emotional.
Speaker 2: Nobody asked you to rule on it. I'm just telling you what he said.
Speaker 5: This isn't a big vox verdict.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think you're gonna get any money for that.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is so nasty looking. I don't think that's a toenail.
Speaker 2: If it is.
Speaker 5: It came from like a a l or something.
Speaker 2: From an elf? Is an elf tone come up with this?
Speaker 5: Not a human tone?
Speaker 2: Not a human No, it's not. That's human.
Speaker 5: What's the grossest thing y'all have had to pull out of your hair?
Speaker 2: Just sit out of our hair, out of your hair. I pulled some pretty bad stuff. I hadn't found that. I had a food, you know, hair, I've had a I hate I hate to go here, Sherry with me, But sherry had live insect in or salad one time where it was ugly.
Speaker 11: I can't say where, don't where I eat there?
Speaker 2: Sometimes salad it attracts stuff like that. Does I'm salvage coming out like a gnat or something? No, it was bigger than that. What was it moving around? Let's don't talk.
Speaker 5: About aunt, No caterpillar.
Speaker 2: It was more in the roads world. Let's stop.
Speaker 5: For some reason. That's worse.
Speaker 2: It was even move it was it was moving the goat cheese. Oh wow, thanks?
Speaker 6: May you never know?
Speaker 2: You think you think we've been back. What about the stuff we've eaten and don't know it? There's no telling. Wop everything that was understood. It didn't have to be everything. It didn't have to every time they checked something. It's always in it.
Speaker 5: One time at a restaurant, Yeah, use that.
Speaker 2: Works, it does I think? I just like somebody to say that. Yes, I don't want word fecal, just stop saying it.
Speaker 5: At a restaurant. When one time my dad had like some kind of chowder or whatever, and he thought there was like little seeds in the soups, so he ate the whole soup and he gets down to like these little little black seeds is getting down to the end of his soup, and he realized that the little black things have legs. Yes, it was he all right, and he was fine.
Speaker 11: You know, I didn't hurt him, just the thought, just the thought of him was hurting.
Speaker 5: His heart was hurting.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of those things. But that's one of those things. So it's not immediate. You think like two days later, are they just now, you know, turning into full form or it's just what's going on my stomach.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I just helped my stomach. Acid would kill him, Yeah, isn't that's your only hope? Yes? This one, Hey, birch a bird from Shawn. That's the other one. I sent Did you get that one? The other one I sent you with the the person that was okay. So this past Sunday, we met up with my sister in Meta, Georgia, Uh, dropping off my teenagers. They stay with her and my parents for the week. We stopped for gas and this is in yu Lee, Florida. Never been to u Lee. Just off the interstate was a road sign that I had to take a picture of and share it with you guys. I was also wearing my new Rick Burgess show shirt that I won playing right again just this past Wednesday against Greg.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 23: Wow.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get a selfie in the shirt with the sign, but they were kind of it was a time crunch, so I just stook to di that's my name. So there is William Burgess, Greg's name, and our dad's name and uh, you know, partially your son's name. One of my son names, our grandfather, grandfather, a lot of William Burgess's and it's William Burgess boulevard. Wow, how about that?
Speaker 18: And uh?
Speaker 2: And then he also took another picture where he's got his shirt and the water bottle that we he gave for Uh. Actually, Greg, you know what he did? I remember this. He just he knew that his best chance to win was just guess that you were right, because you usually was it right again? He wanted on right again? So so there you go. Uh So William Burgess Bullard, look at him, look at him rocking that rick, and he got his new water bottle just like.
Speaker 3: He likes it.
Speaker 2: They're gonna fole ball up. So there you go. Well, thank you for that, guys.
Speaker 7: I read that on William Burgess Boulevard all they have his package stores and donkey rental.
Speaker 5: Thanks for you, buddy, Thank you, you are correct his package story and you can donkeys there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good from Texa Nation.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Study says on average we all eat five flies and in your lifetime while you're just sleeping.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who informed Dippin' Dots that they were not, in fact the ice cream of the future. Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Okay, so updating you on Larry Quest. If you miss it today the patch Man cometh you missed it, Speedy recapped. We followed on his Instagram story, which you can too the entire trip. Then we talked to Speedy live from their home for an hour of the show. With Larry and Carolyn there. If you missed that, catch it in the archives. Speedy is now exiting Dublin, Georgia on the journey home, and we've requested, you know, because we all we got to do was talk to Speedy with them in the room with him. Uh, but there's just a little bit of an itch that we're having to talk to Speedy on his way home, just by himself. Just I got a couple of questions I would I didn't want to ask. I know that they're listening. I'm not going to ask anything. It's nothing bad or you know, anything like that. But uh, there's a couple of things I want to know about this overnight stay, you know, things that I didn't see on his Instagram story. Just some some questions I'd like to specifically ask the same. Yeah, same, So we will do that absolutely coming up next hour. I don't understand, and I mean we havny times we said this the people of New York City, boy, and I know that they don't represent everyone. And like I say, I have a son and daughter in law that that lived there and plan on going to visit them. But it doesn't matter what political affiliation you're with can't we all learn earn from mistakes? We all make them. Evidently not, we all make them, And I always say, just don't waste them, right, I mean we make them, we all make them, learn them, learn something. So the last time that New York City and any big city in America had the idea to go raise revenue by raising taxes on the most wealthy people, what happened? They all left? Yes, fact, do you realize there's forty nine other states. There's forty nine other states, and people can just move, especially ones with all that money. So Fitty is weighing in, he fity weighing in on this latest socialist. You know, the only thing worse than just a socialist is an Islamic socialist. You know, let's let's really double down. Which I'm not sure those two things can go together, but I guess politically and it can.
Speaker 22: But so.
Speaker 2: Fiddy has offered to pay for the New York City Democrat may oral candidate.
Speaker 5: Is it.
Speaker 2: Ron Zorn ma'am danny?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, am I the am I in the ballpark?
Speaker 30: Yes, yes, Zorron ma'am danny, ma'am danny, ma'am danny Yes, said he would pay him to leave the state because he knows what his tax plan will be and he wants no part of it.
Speaker 2: He said this on the Breakfast Club podcast. Uh and apparently Ma'm Danny appeared there when he was talking about his plan, and now Fiddy, after hearing about that plan, has now come out and said I'll pay for this guy to leave. He actually used Fiddy as an example. Yes he did, which is not which probably wouldn't. Fiddy didn't like that. He said, this is this is, this is, ma'am. Danny said, we're talking about raising revenue. I want to trump proof this city. I'm raising corporate taxes, and I want to raise taxes on the top one percent of New Yorkers. We're talking about people who make a million dollars a year or more. We're going to tax them and increase their taxes. Also, corporations making millions, not just in revenue but in profit. I'm going to raise taxes on them as well. He said, I know if fifty is listening, he's not going to be happy about this. He tends not to like this tax policy. But I want to be very clear, this is about for him about twenty thousand dollars more a year, and he says, if I want to do this to make New York better, and so he says if fifty said, I don't know where he came from. I don't know who this is. I don't like this. And he says, I'll give him two hundred and fifty eight thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars and a first class one way ticket from New York. And he said, I'm going to tell Trump what he said to about Trump proofing the city. So I Fiddy doesn't like it. Nope, don't like it really well and really paying his way out of that New Yorkers don't. I just don't know how to break this to you. The reason why you have to watch these people, and I don't know how many more times we have to say this. These things have been tried and they always fail. You can even be completely one hundred and eighty percent opposed to us politically, but all of us should be able to agree that you shouldn't keep trying things that fail. Right, well, yes, right, change right, all right. First of all, no political candidate can raise the kind of revenue that a city like New York needs, or a country like the United States needs by raising taxes on one per percent of the people. You could take one hundred percent of one percent and you won't get through a month. Okay, So this is absurd. The math does not work. They're going to come after everybody and the most wealthy people will simply leave. And this is this not a theory. I mean we've seen it in practice time and time again. Rick, I'll give you an example from nineteen seventy one, the Rolling Stones here we go became tex exiles from the UK. Do you know what the rate was?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: Ninety eight percent on the He said, ninety eight cents of every dollar is what they wanted. Wow, And they packed their bags and left. It's never enough. And he's they, I mean, what in the world.
Speaker 7: And this guy, this guy's entire economic view is totally twisted and incorrect and communist it truthfully, is sure it is. Here's his plan for lowering price in supermarkets in New York City. Here's a quick clip but him talking about this. And I mentioned that breadlines are gonna be coming back if you do this.
Speaker 5: That's what happened.
Speaker 28: A grocery prices are out of control. The cost of eggs and milk has skyrocketed. Dumb stores are even using dynamic pricing, jacking up the cost over the course of a day depending on what they can get away with. It doesn't need to be this way. I'm Zarandom Bunny, and as mayor, I will create a network of city owned grocery stores. Oh, it's like a public option for produce. We will redirect city funds from corporate supermarkets to city owned grocery stores. I bet Michouel is lower prices, not price couching, and let me.
Speaker 2: Bet that will go. Well, let me tell you what's going to happen. You'll go to the city owned like you said Adler, correctly, it's just like government own. You'll go to the city owned grocery store and you will be able to buy whatever is available. And when you walk in there, because of how idiotic this is, and the basic things you need like toilet paper and feminine product will not be on the shelves and you're just gonna have to grab what they have. Oh, you'll have a city grocery store and you'll be talking about how great it is until you go in there and realize there's nothing on the shelves.
Speaker 5: He doesn't get how the world works, guys, does it? He goes on in the via food He goes yes. He goes on in the in the Veto video to say these stores will operate without a profit motive, and that I go, well, and they're not gonna have to pay property taxes or rent and we will pass those savings onto you.
Speaker 2: Do you realize.
Speaker 29: It?
Speaker 2: Go anywhere this has been tried in the world. Yes, And you'll go in and say, well, what are we getting for dinner this week? And everybody says, apparently they found a good deal on such and such pento beans, And so you go in there and the aisle has lots of pento beans. There's just not anything else, and you end up eating and using whatever they have. There's no free market and there's no choices. When you said feminine products at I got spoof.
Speaker 5: I will not stand for that. Guys, when you don't operate, when you're operating without a profit motive, you have no motive to operate with that too, there's no motive to make money, to be efficient, to do to provide a good service. It's almost out the window.
Speaker 2: So come on, New York, don't do this to you.
Speaker 5: New York About to elect a communist.
Speaker 2: I'll do this again. We're right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Listen up, I say.
Speaker 5: You got a fine.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: That's right, a brand new hour. Thanks for being with us today, American and today we heard from Italy, Greece. Okay, it's Germany. I guess around the world, So thanks for being with us. Greg and Adler here at Master Controls. Speedy working his way back after completing successfully. We might add the champion it was Larry Quest. And if you missed Larry Quest, catch it in the archives today either on the podcast channel or you can do that on the YouTube channel as well. Let's let's call Speedy's on his way back, so let's let's call him and uh and just see if we can kind of ask a few questions we couldn't ask why he was, you know, there with everybody so well, buzz him. I like the fact that we're letting Ray Hello, hey, buddy, hey man, Hey you're so you're live live all the way live, live, live all the way live. You can't believe it.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know it's ah. It's the right home after a ball game. Or after a workout you're just in the car, you know, and you're just you're just you're just kind of sitting here.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, and but hey, you know what it was, there's just the sweetest little couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a big win. I think that I think I think they had fun. Uh, you seem to be free. Uh, they let you leave. I think that was something that we were hopeful about. I want I have a very I have a very important it is I have a very specific question. I need to know take take the storms out of it. I know there were storms in that played a role. Were you able to sleep, like doze off to sleep? Was did sher exhaustion? And the time that we all get up did it did it help you? Were you nervous? Were there noises? Tell me about the overnight?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, you know once Larry put me to put me to bed and read to me. Yeah, and then came back in shirtless. Uh I I kind of had to kind of come down, uh and and you know, just kind of take a deep breath and turn the lights off. And I don't know why things start creating noise once the lights are off. I don't know if you just pay attention to them more. But it's almost like lights off make.
Speaker 9: Noise, right, And uh, I don't know what what's up with that. They kind of went they went to the other end of the house and uh.
Speaker 6: And then I think it was a limb that was just outside their house from one of the bushes, because the storm rolled through, sure, and so through through the window you have, you have lightning, and so it kind of lights the room up a little bit like a horror.
Speaker 9: Movie, but not quite.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 6: And and then and then you start hearing something like on the window pane, you know, like scratching, like I want in on.
Speaker 9: It's it's like a limb, you know.
Speaker 6: And and then your mind starts playing tricks on you because I I don't know why I felt this way, because it was such a pleasant house.
Speaker 9: And they were so sweet, but you just you know, you're not you're not in your own bed.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: And so and there were times I felt like something was crawling on my leg or touched my forehead, and I know that that was that was clearly just me.
Speaker 5: How was the too hard too soft?
Speaker 2: How was the bad mattress's mattress and mattress and pillow?
Speaker 5: We need to send them a healings.
Speaker 6: Right, well, no, the mattress. Mattress was okay, but for some reason, and I don't know, Larry even said, you know, hey, the mattress makes noise when you move.
Speaker 9: Like yeah and uh. And so every time, every time I kind of moved my hip or reposition, he was like a little bit okay. And then but but I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to sound too weird because if I moved too much, it was like weird because I'm in there by myself well, and so so I would wake up a little bit. From time to time, I found myself dozing off. Have you ever dozed off?
Speaker 9: But you're not sure if you did or not?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 21: You know what I mean, Yes I do.
Speaker 9: It's like right, it's like have I been? I have I It's al much like your eyes are open with your eyes.
Speaker 2: Closed, you're hung between somewhere between sleep. Did I sleep? How long was I gone? I felt like I was still conscious, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: I was exactly exactly, And so I felt like there were times that I probably did doze off pretty good, but I felt like I didn't.
Speaker 9: I know I probably did, So you feel like I did, Yeah, yeah, you kind of.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like I did a little bit, but I'm still a little bit out of swords, just because it means I wasn't in my own bed.
Speaker 2: But hey, look, you know, did you did you lock the door from the inside.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 2: You might be that's all very vulnerable. Now, they should do the same thing if they were at your house.
Speaker 6: They don't know, right well, I felt like if they needed to get in, you know, he could probably have you know, shouldered the door and popped it open if I needed help, you know, but I was not.
Speaker 9: I kind of just wanted to make sure I was in there by myself. And I don't think that I didn't know if he slept sleep walks. I don't. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 9: It's funny you said that because they said, you know, this is a little weird for us too.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, they don't, you.
Speaker 6: Know, he said, they said, you know, I hate to say this, but we're kind of a little a little nervous and anxious. This was our conversation had many prior to me getting there, and you know, it was like, hey, this was this is different for us too.
Speaker 9: You know, and so I tried to. I mean, here we come, you know, a show, we're live.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 9: World.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, and I think they've probably had to tell themselves over and over again. They have a they have a national platform. They it's a public platform. If Speedy comes over here to kill us, he's going to get caught. Yeah, you know, I would have been thinking. I would have been thinking things like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no, you're right. I do want to. Uh, I don't know who it was.
Speaker 6: From time to time, because their address has been made public, we would have listeners coming by, honking like they were in a parade. Matter of fact, somebody even set off fireworks in the front yard and made me jump up.
Speaker 9: I didn't know what that was. And so, oh yeah, I'm dead serious.
Speaker 6: And of course the bed the whole time is going because I'm jumping around and I don't know what's up.
Speaker 9: But somebody set something off right by by the window, and and so I don't know what. I have no idea. I asked him, good neighbors.
Speaker 6: He said, they don't normally do that, but I know it was probably all in fun from somebody.
Speaker 9: But met one of the listeners uh there in Dublin on the way out.
Speaker 2: Very picture. You got the picture with I guess he must have sent it because it was on the text screen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 6: Was it Jordan's, Jordan or Jordie, I can't remember. I think it might have been Jordan's. I think I might have that right. I apologize if I don't. But yeah, he came by, and of course Carolyn, being the sweetheart, come on.
Speaker 2: In you know, yeah, I worry about Yeah, and the food with the food looked good by the way.
Speaker 9: The breakfast, yeah, yeah, it was. It was delicious.
Speaker 6: And she showed out on breakfast and Larry, I just say this, Larry eats good. She's quite the cook.
Speaker 2: Like we got a question from the text line, and did you leave one soaking? You to ask? I'm just reading off the text.
Speaker 9: Great. Great, And your last question is that you leave.
Speaker 6: One so well?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a trademark. Did you did you did you go to the restroom in the middle of the night?
Speaker 9: Uh rick Uh.
Speaker 6: There was one time about eleven I peeked out there.
Speaker 9: I kept thinking I was hearing something and I did a little skate.
Speaker 6: Uh, but I didn't know if he was time, because from time to time from the other side of the door, I would here, you know, and I'm like, well in the hall.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: My biggest concern and I put it on my Instagram story, is you know when you you kind of come out of darkness into light and stuff, your your eyes are like real weird. Do I see the silhouette of Larry at the end of the hall. What's that about?
Speaker 9: But I did have to get up and pee you a couple of times, uh, well twice standing I'm two every night that well, well, I had to drink.
Speaker 6: You know, it was a long day and I didn't pull back on my drinking of water and coffee until late uh, just to kind of get me going and get me there. And I mean I had I was riding sleds and you know, having a good old time.
Speaker 9: But uh so I had.
Speaker 30: Right.
Speaker 5: Uh did you did you inhale?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 28: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I saw you trying not to did did did the temperature in the room? Did you get it cool enough?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 6: The window now, the window of the a c uh, it was it was giving me all it got and I knew it was, so I couldn't complain to it.
Speaker 9: Because it was like, man, I'm blowing as hard as I.
Speaker 18: Can, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Uh the uh yeah yeah, because it was really really hot.
Speaker 9: Yeah I could.
Speaker 6: I could fill him, uh you know with the cold air, and so I knew he was trying, but that's still tough.
Speaker 2: It was just so so he didn't get as cool in that room as you would have liked if you were like running things.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, not not quite as cooler I prefer However, it was not so warm that I couldn't sleep. Yeah, okay, okay, but I don't know if I slept.
Speaker 2: Ye what you're talking about. Were you surprised at the number of patches or did you see that coming?
Speaker 18: No? I was.
Speaker 6: I was overwhelmed with the amount of past I could not believe the amount of pactes.
Speaker 9: I thought videos and and the TV uh you know, uh, I guess peace they did on them where they came.
Speaker 6: And he kind of gave you an idea. Guys, you don't understand. It is probably six frames.
Speaker 9: Deep all the way down the hall.
Speaker 6: And they have a little office that I didn't even get to show y'all, and it had frames in there.
Speaker 2: Come said seven hundred and something. I think, Wow, speedy frames.
Speaker 6: And they said, they said in the in the collecting frame world that there that's not even that's nothing.
Speaker 9: I mean there's people that are like, really really into speedy.
Speaker 2: Be careful on the way home. Keep the caffeine rocking. I don't think you slept a lot, buddy, I just don't.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great job, feeling and reset, great job, great healing success, huge success. We're putting you on the wheel. Yep.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. The people who don't like this show, you wouldn't like anyway, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go. Thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 17: Action happens.
Speaker 2: As is the norm here and another opportunity to chat with you coming up before the hour's over. Relief Factor. It's a daily daily for me. I take two packs a day and love every minute of it. Four botanicals and some fish oil. And let me tell you, if you've got a problem with pain and it's associated with inflammation, this could be your all natural answer, like it has been for the majority of us. I would include me. You know what I'm saying us, I'm in there, love it, you know, Let's face it, aging ain't for ciss okay, But really it doesn't matter whether you're getting older or not. It may be just that you've over exerted and you're having some issues that inflammation and your body's inflammatory response. Relief Factor could be the answer in the beauty one hundred percent natural research based created to help combat the root causes of inflammation. Now, it's not gonna mask it. It's not gonna mask it. That's the reason I want to remind all of you that this is a three week supply because it's going to take about that time for you to really know if it's working for you, and hopefully, like it has for the majority of us, it will work. And when it does, it doesn't just mask the pain, it actually removes it. So relief Factor dot com, go get yours now nineteen ninety five, relief Factor dot com or Rick Burgess Show dot com under sponsors. So we talked about this already. It seems like earlier in the week when we were talking about Aaron Rodgers, when he was talking about you know, and Aaron can be odd, and we acknowledge that, but he was talking about how we just live in a sick society. Now the people have just become impossible, you know, unreasonable, as we talk about, and they have no call factor. They seem to be unaware of how to be appropriate, and we theorize that A lot of this I think comes from the fact that now, as we said earlier in the week, you can be cowardice because you get to remain anonymous and say anything you want to about anybody anytime publicly, not just privately. But when it spills over into the public arena, there is a price to pay. I wish there was a price to pay, you know, even with and I'm going to tell you that people have said to all of us, I mean horrible things. I've even replied before to people and said, I really want you to go read what you just sent to me, read it to yourself, and just kind of evaluate what kind of human being you are. I mean, we can disagree about things, we can like things and not like things. But well, a fan has been banned indefinitely after making a derogatory comment about one of the Diamondbacks pictures. Now you think, Rick, come on, I mean, you can trash talk at games, and you can and you can't, and people can say things to you that are funny and stuff like that. They can be all in good fun, but we are living in a time that a twenty two year old cannot discern on his own that hollering out something at a player about their mother who was killed in a car crash. They can't even discern that that maybe doesn't belong in a baseball game. And it was in the picture. Who's thirty one years old, I guess say his name Marte m a Rte. He's from the Dominican and his mother, his mother died in a car crash in the Dominican Republic. And the fan, they don't even put in here what he said, and there's no need to know. But the fan was taunting him and yelled something out about his mother's death in a car crash. So so you've researched the opposing team and you've come up, well, here's one whose mom's killing the car. And you decide that you're going to hurl insults about their mom being killed in the car. You can try baseball. Look, you remember Todd Jones told us he loved the one the time it was he was a young girl. Yeah that that asked him if he was sure he was right handed, which is a good one that see, that's funny. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with but you know you don't talk about a bomb. Yeah you're a bomb.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is this is not even someone who lived a long life and you know, died late in life whatever. This is someone who was tragically killed, uh in a car crash and and so uh and it so rattled him uh that the manager had to remove him from the mound said he was visibly shaken by this.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: And he said, I just went out there like a dad and just said, hey, it's a terrible moment. Fans are nasty. This person is going too far. And he said I had to take him out of the game. And because it shook him up pretty good. The fan, who they are not naming either, has admitted that this was probably not the thing they should have done. Well, I would anybody consider it at a baseball game?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with baseball?
Speaker 17: What a game?
Speaker 8: What is wrong?
Speaker 2: Nobody's life was on the line on whether we want to lose? So do I want to win? Yeah? So this this is maybe one way to go about it. Okay, just to give some lessons. Okay, you're you're about to say something to somebody that you don't know that is real personal, real, ugly and nasty. Maybe you don't care about them, got it? But maybe you should evaluate yourself. You know, we think to yourself, I'm the kind of person that would text, email, shout, comment on social media something this dark, twisted. At least care about what that means about you. If you don't care how it affects other people, maybe look in the mirror and say what does this say about me? Yeah, and maybe that'll help. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table?
Speaker 8: Cool?
Speaker 1: No, and get on the show. One eight eight eight six big fogs.
Speaker 2: Here we go on screen, phone calls your turn to join us, Fire it up, and let's do it. Here we go. All ten lines just opened up for you. Eight eight eight, the number six, big vox. You can textus the same number, but we can get those, you know, throughout the whole show. So anyway, Yeah, in the story, some of you are saying he plays second base, not picture. In the story, the manager said, I went out to console them when I went out to change pictures, So I just assumed that he was going to change him out. But I guess he went over to second base headed to the mound. So yeah, that's that's Uh. I did not know what position you've played, but the point still stands. Thank you for that clarification. All Right, to the people, we go unscreen phone calls. We get many of you on as quick as we possibly can, and we just screen them on the fly. Let's get started. Hello, you're on the Rick Burger Show. Unscreened phone calls are rolling now, go ahead.
Speaker 33: Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 2: Hello, he good morning.
Speaker 14: I have a question and a comment.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead.
Speaker 32: Uh.
Speaker 14: The other day you were talking about Israel. What is that website that I can send them some money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Israel needs me dot com? Israel needs me dot com. Okay.
Speaker 14: The other question, the other thing is how did I mike June the Pride month?
Speaker 2: How did they do it? Or why did they do it?
Speaker 14: Why did I think June all?
Speaker 26: Why?
Speaker 6: Or how?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really don't know. I don't have any idea. That's a good question, you know. It's well, but my birthday, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: I can't well and I can't celebrate because I'm folks thinking, no, I'm celebrating their month.
Speaker 2: No, you can celebrate. Yeah, you just saying you can't celebrate a merchants celebrate your birthday. Now, I wouldn't get a rainbow cake. But I mean, but you, well, you can celebrate I mean your birthday. Nope, can't do it.
Speaker 7: So whoever names it's actually the president through presidential proclamations, okay. Bill Clinton ninety nine issued the first UH, gay, gay, and Lesbian Priday ninety nine. Obama expanded it to LGBT and the UH in two thousand and nine, and then in twenty twenty one, Joe Biden made it.
Speaker 1: L g B t Q plus.
Speaker 2: So so Clinton was first.
Speaker 5: Clinton was the first.
Speaker 2: There'd be anybody less gay. I mean, I mean, he had his own issues, but he was gay.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Hey, the other almost wish he was more well, I see, you know not maybe not not much of a call factor. Yeah, but uh, a good point we can change.
Speaker 5: And thank Carolyn for calling and asking that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I thought the same thing. Wait a minute, So funny Rick Birger's show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 25: Go ahead, man, I tell you would next time my mom calls up, or.
Speaker 27: You just go and hang up on her.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's funny we continue Rick Burder's show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 33: Hey, just wanted to say, hey, thanks to you and your friend Steady over there in Georgia.
Speaker 14: I would like to work this.
Speaker 33: Morning because I usually listen to y'all on the radio while I'm in the shower, you know, getting ready for work and everything. But this morning I had you pause as I was about to get in and turn on my freaking TV and watch because I heard in live from Dublin, Georgia is Speedy and Larry and Carolyn, and I thought, well, I got to see this. And I stood there and watch it until the commercial break in the little crap and I'm like, hey.
Speaker 17: I'm it.
Speaker 2: We warned you this show will make you late me. You know, you can't miss it, and that they were people. You know, I even had, you know, because everybody has a different taste and we understand that. And then you know, like Greg said, you can look on the text line. Speedy said that too, and you know, one text will say something is great, the very next text will say something isn't great. You can correct that. You know what position the player plays now, and then somehow text it anyway. You know, these kind of things with us. It really has nothing to do with the story because different times and all this kind of stuff. But like I did have one person and you were another example, and this their opinion. They can have their opinion. And they were like, hey, I'm done with the Larry thing. This is please let this whatever. And I said, look, you have every right to your opinion. There's things I like better than other things too. But I'm looking on the text line. I'm reading emails calls. Like Karen I said, people are literally restructuring their day and their vacation right now. They're so intrigued by this. So in this particular case, we got to go with the masses, and the masses enjoyed it big time. So so but it is I mean, we have to you know, we we can't respond to every little like dislike if we did, we'd get analysis paralysis and we never do anything. Uh, we continue. Welcome to the Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say the William Burgess Boulevard in Uli, Florida. That's actually where Dereck Henry's Heisman Truphy winner went to high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, we're texting that to text nation. Well you talk about the dominate high school memory. Were his stats? Oh my goodness, it was crazy. He was unstoppable. U we continue, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I just wanted to see if we get a return from probably my favorite character that Greg Well. I wouldn't say invented it, but he named it. Uh, Speedy's head injury man.
Speaker 2: Oh he appears an then well Speedy wants him to ann trying to do something. Yeah, you'll you'll definitely get that from Speedy every time he attempts a new impression. In fact, yesterday he got off finish. Yes he did, Yes he did. Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, so last night was Speedy put his Instagram story up about he couldn't sleep and was hearing noises.
Speaker 10: Speedy's a jerk.
Speaker 13: I felt bad for him, so I messaged him on Instagram and told him I loved him, and he never never messaged me back.
Speaker 21: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, yes, sure, sorry about that, buddy, Sorry about it. Thank you. I'm sure he'll be okay. Uh Speedy, Look, he gives all he can give. There's only there's only one Speeding and there's so many of you who love him. We continue, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: My name is Tuno, and all right.
Speaker 2: We continue. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 22: Go ahead, Hey, gentlemen, how are you'all?
Speaker 2: We're good, all right.
Speaker 22: I'm retired army And you were talking about stuff you found in your food. No, boy, we were deployed.
Speaker 10: And I think it was Africa.
Speaker 22: And it's just m Marie, So I mean, you can't trust food. It's got a shelf life for twenty years and that aint But all right, anyway, I think it was chicken and rice, if I remember, I can open and started eating and then notice inside of it was several full chicken beaks. Chicken beaks, chicken beaks.
Speaker 2: Oh no, there you go, oh narrow face. By the way, leave the beacon there. Somebody said they just text earlier that the guy who had the thing in the soup, they say that looks a lot like a chicken nail, like a claw off a chicken. They said they think it's likely off a chicken foot chicken in it acause there's chicken. That's I think that made. There may be something to that. Rick Burgers show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 27: Yeah, Hey, I'm a pathological liar, but it's okay because I do it in the privacy of my own home. So I was just wondering, what month are they going to celebrate me?
Speaker 28: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think I think pathological liars get celebrated almost every day. We continue, Uh, this is the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 21: Spady, I know your a list and you get on home to daddy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what do you even do with that? Get on? All right? So we continue Rick Birger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey, Rick, anybuddy.
Speaker 24: I was just wondering, Uh, y'all were talking this morning about the big stuff where the tone cuts up this lady had yesterday.
Speaker 9: This morning.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, I just wondered, does Larry and Carolyn have any kids?
Speaker 5: And if not, they won't want.
Speaker 2: You know, I think, you know, Larry and Carolyn I have only been married seven years, so I guess maybe some previous and now if they have children like from previous marriages, I don't, you know, it's a great question. We've never asked them that. I know they don't have any children together because I think by the time they married they were past the children window. Uh, so I don't know. I don't know that either one of them have children. Interesting question. That is a good question. I'm sure Larry. Let us know, are Carolyn? We continue unscreened phone calls here he is, uh, welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, morning boys, I've got a question for you, Rick.
Speaker 12: Yes, whenever he was putting the fence in down at the farm, do you know if he put in chriss or what type of posts he puts the farm?
Speaker 10: Because I have a more serious question about the actual posts.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're I'm right here. Are you asking me? Are you asking in third person?
Speaker 10: No, I'm asking you. When Gary put in Gary.
Speaker 2: Your phone broke up? And Gary actually did not put the fences in because I actually wanted them finished. So yeah, Uh, the Gary has his place where he's really strong projects that that last a long time. Not Gary's strong suit.
Speaker 10: Well, I have a question about the post themselves. We have goats and we are trying to put up fences, and they have outlawed Chris posts memor yep, but it makes me mad every time I see a tract of trailer full of dog on cross ties going down the highway, and there's gajillions more cross ties than there are fence posts. Why would they not let us use them when it's far fewer? And they try to give this this answer if it's bad for the environment. But you have these cross ties spaced out every seven foot and we space ours out for fifty or one.
Speaker 5: Hundred yards or better.
Speaker 27: Anybody should help me answer this question because I'm really Yeah.
Speaker 2: You show what I mean. They we quit having Chris o'poles back in the eighties. Yeah, I don't know so that there's no way that those fireboats are chrys opoles. But there's no way unless there's a certain size.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know that. Yeah, I don't know the answer that I know. That's a shocker.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you can use them in some commercial applications, but no residential uses allowed.
Speaker 2: Oh really, all right, we'll be back, Thanks for the calls, guys. Uh more of the show right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show Strange Encounters, the new podcast from Rick Burgess. Get it now wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll cut another one today, so episode six will be out to Lord williing this weekend. Five of them already done. The text line somebody has to know about fence posts, and they call the Rick Burgess show. See this is on me. This is on me because I'm getting more handy. Now people think I can answer all kinds of question. Rick is turning to a handyman show. It is now what's next, swampshop. I'm going to back off my hand in dess. I'm turning it into a handyman show. Okay, it's all about handy man Chris Ot. You know if I went off on that, I just you know, I obviously know. But uh if I went off on all that and the fence post and all.
Speaker 11: This spell uh c r I s O t E c r e O creoles s O T E.
Speaker 2: Greg, you got it, buddy, Greg actually climbed poles. He did climb christ and you you were part of the change, you said the change. When y'all first got these new ones, they hard to climb. What they were, they were hard as a brick. You tried, you couldn't get your hook in it. It slide. Then they got better then, but the Christmas you climb good. But then you got to deal with the Chris o. It burns you. I remember the vapors off of it and burn. Oh yeah, I remember mama using it though, like for breakfast fried Chickens, Crisco, oh Chris, Okay, different things different, Can I ask you guys?
Speaker 21: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kind of the living in the building with other people another socially awkward question, you know when you know we don't play well with others.
Speaker 5: Did you try to touch a guy and touch on older in the bathroom again?
Speaker 32: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, nothing like that. This was going to be I mean, it won't be thinking like that. You're not gonna be uncomfortable. But I know you've noticed that. I have too. I don't know if this person was fired soon after, and you know, people will get fired here in a second. But every time I go in the bathroom right now, there's a coffee mug, yeah, with a guy's picture on it, and it's been there for about three days now, at least, yeah, or at least should can we can we get rid of it? Can we? Should we do something with it? I guess that's his picture. It looks like it's just like a mug. Yeah, yeah, oh it says missing. Is it one of them? Like they used to do the milk cartons. What we're doing now?
Speaker 5: No, No, I thought it had wanted.
Speaker 2: I wanted. I think it's like a mug shot. Obviously it's just get it. It looks it looks you can't go. It looks like it was his fortieth birthday. Yeah, yeah, it says something that's forty about forty? Are you going to get it? He's going to get it? Do we do? We have the should we mess with? I mean the money guys eventually gonna come, wouldn't I mean to me, if my picture's on the mug, let me say that I come back for it.
Speaker 18: It.
Speaker 2: But it's been there for days. I've been in and out of that bathroom. I can't tell you how many times since it's been there. So either he don't have to go to the bathroom anymore, or he's been fired, or he's on vacation, because he would have seen it, because the minute you walk in the door, there it is. And you and I have our preferred coffee mugs. I do if he had one that when he turned forty with his picture on it, don't you think he would?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean it's a personalized one. You kidding? And like you said, doesn't he eventually return to the bathroom and go, there's my mug, Because when you walk in, it's the first thing you see, Oh not he and it's got his picture on it, which makes it worse. So if it was just a mug with nothing on it, I think y'all might have moved past it. But every time I walk through the door, there's this guy's picture on a mug, and it's just a mug. First of all, I don't really like going in a bathroom with open cups nothing. There's rules about that. Yeah, you don't eat in there, and you don't drink an open cup. So what they did they were having fun. They've taken their buddy here and he's turned forty. Uh the lord, he look who's forty? Yeah, and it looks like a mug shot. And what he's been accused of is turning forty. Oh I got it. Yeah, it's a mug shot. And he's whose mug is this?
Speaker 5: Well, there's the guy's face.
Speaker 2: Isn't this what's your agree? He must be off this week? Because when you walk in, it's the first thing you say, Hey, we've got your mug, buddy, or he's been holding it all week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got your mug and your face is on it, so we know it's yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, now you're talking to him like he did something wrong. Well, he has left his mug in the bathroom and he didn't come out. Of course, you know how you got transferred to another By the.
Speaker 5: Way, somebody was just blowing it up bad in there, and I had to run in there real quick and grabbing the mug and leave. Also, there was a dragonfly in the lobby on the ground. What's with the animals in the lobby?
Speaker 2: Wow, there'll be in the lobby. Rick got that turtle, right, he got the turtle. So is it who says this?
Speaker 5: Hey, buddy, we got your mug get. I'm sick of seeing it in the bathroom, right.
Speaker 2: So have we officially removed the mug?
Speaker 5: Is it our mug?
Speaker 16: Now?
Speaker 2: No, it's not our mug. Anybody drink out of it? I want how much to drink out of it? Right now?
Speaker 5: It's been in the bathroom for many days, collecting air. Collecting air.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you bring something that's open, an open container into the bathroom, gott. I don't even let people chewing gum in the bathroom. I mean no, I mean you don't need to do anything that is eating or drinking. Can I tell you a dilemma that I deal with, because you know, I DoorDash here to the office a lot. But it's just simpler than trying to leave I do. It's simple. I got things I gotta do, Greg, and I like leaving you. If I go meet somebody for lunch, sure, but if I'm solo lunching, but because then you but the office eating, I say, yeah, I do a lot. But what I'm saying is sometimes I need to go to the restroom because I'm in the lobby and that's where our restroom is now. And I'll think, well, I can't go in over with this food. Yeah, no way, you can't, even though it's in a bag and you really need to go. I've gone before and left it outside, leave it outside chance, so I couldn't walk in there with it. Doesn't have anything in it either. So did he finish it off at the urinal?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 7: Why I finished it off as he was coming in the bathroom, finished it off, sat down on the little sat down on that little thing that bathrooms have now a place to put stuff which I don't put anything there. I don't trust any surface in the bathroom to put any of my personal items.
Speaker 2: Know what if they somebody put it in there as a joke on him and he just hadn't been in there. Oh, should we go turn? But how long is it been in there for?
Speaker 5: As you can tell, there's been a liquid there's been a liquid in the bottom.
Speaker 2: How much for you to fill it up right now and take a drink out of.
Speaker 5: It without rinsing it without it's been in the bathroom for having flushing.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point.
Speaker 5: You know what happens when you flush toilet. We've watched the blue light when that happened, you rooty, Do.
Speaker 2: You realize how many people have gone in there with this mugs in there and pulled their pants down.
Speaker 5: We're both holding it.
Speaker 2: I held it and I both touched it.
Speaker 5: What if it's just a hidden camera in there and the guys really like a freak he's getting.
Speaker 2: You, don't hey, somebody turned forty and they're guilty of it. Lord, oh, lordy, lord, And you've left your mug in the bathroom and we're hard looking at it. Have y'all caught yourself looking at people in the building and see if it's him. Yes, yes, I've done that. Yes guy. The day I thought it was him and I realized not sing glass, Yeah, I didn't love and I almost said something. Glad I didn't said, hey, pay, I'll get your mug. But anyway, so are we officially now taking the mug? I think I think it is it our mug to take. I don't think it is not.
Speaker 5: When the man his face is on it, he's talking about him turning forty. So is there's some forty year old that's missing a mug, Come get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you let your mug in the bathroom and it's gross.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 8: We have it.
Speaker 2: It's been in there for days for some reason that or not touched it. Wow, we're both going to wash your hands right now, handshaking hands and all, thanks you for being with us.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show.