Speaker 1: Welcome to the best of the Week for What's Right with Nick Right the best takes in moments from this week on the show. Enjoy.
Speaker 2: So since the start of February, they are seven and fifteen, and like you just said, they have no injuries, so it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of weird whatever's going on over there.
Speaker 2: Their preseason projected win total was set at forty six and a half games, and it seemed like they might miss the play in. Do you think that you think the Suns are going to try to actually go on a run or are they going to tank here?
Speaker 1: Well, the coach and the owner want them to go on a run. I think the players might be over.
Speaker 3: Yea, I see him just seems more and more pissed these days.
Speaker 1: He see. Yeah, Katie doesn't seem happy. Coach Bud told Devin Booker basically to shut up the other day. That didn't go over well. I mean, they are not trying at all. On the defensive end, Luca was miked up against the Suns, and Luca just said, I had kind of been passing. I've never had so many open looks in my life. Look, I've been playing professional basketball since he's fifteen. He's like the worst defens I've ever seen, and Lebron wasn't even out there to open stuff up. And so uh, but the Suns, I don't know that this is a hot take. The Suns are in the worst position moving forward of any team in the league because Mattishpia came in and bought the team and traded away everything for Kevin Durant and then traded away everything they had left for Bradley Beal. Beal has a no trade and is not good. Durant is approaching thirty seven and not going to get you a ton in return and is gone this summer. And then you have Devin Booker, who's a real asset. But it doesn't really make sense to trade Booker because you would then be tanking and you don't demonse. They do not have their own pick until twenty thirty two. Twenty thirty two, it's twenty twenty five, so they they traded their picks away, and then they swapped picks, and then as part of the Beal trade, they swapped the swaps. This is like a mortgage crisis, but in the NBA. So they over the next seven drafts, they either simply give their pick away or they are in a three way swap with other teams, where of the three teams they get the worst draft pick, so even if they're the worst team in the league, that doesn't help them. And they traded away most of their second round picks. So it was again I used to this is sorry for all these kind of non sequiturs. Today's a show. I'm gonna be totally honest. Today's show that is not necessarily going to go viral for a lot of things, but real folks that are real what's right or as awkward as this is to say, like Nick Wright fans are going to really be enjoying today because we talked hard cap, softcap, I did my basket, my March madness rant. I'm now going to talk about Ted Steppien for a second. So Ted Stepien was an owner in the NBA in the eighties, and he was so bad and so disastrous for the Calves. The NBA made a rule that's called the Stepian rule. That's about how many draft picks you can and cannot trade. You can't trade draft picks in consecutive years. That's why teams have to, like, you know, I'll trade you my twenty five and my twenty seven because you can't just trade away all your picks and you can only trade draft picks like six years out. You know, those seven years out. Those are the rules they put in to prevent an owner from just destroying a team. And there has been a lot of frustration from GM since then of like, man, I would like full flexibility to uh, you know, run my team as I see fit and not have these guardrails in there. And I think at one point there was a little momentum in the league like all right, we're not in the tape delayed ear of the eighties. It's smarter people running the teams. It's big money. Maybe we don't need to, you know, have these guardrails in. And then Mattishbia came along and is like Ted Steppi and hold my beer. I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna speed run, absolutely wrecking a decade of a team that again, the Suns right before he took over, made the finals and then where the number one seed sixty four wins or sixty some win team, and then Luca eviscerated him, and then they trade for KD. Then they trade for Beal and now they're just ruined, absolutely ruined to a point to where they even though the Mavericks are two to eight in their last ten, don't have any healthy players, their fans have turned on them. The Mavericks still have a cushion in the standings. It's really a remarkable, remarkable turn of.
Speaker 3: Events month away from the playoffs. Who do you see avoiding the play in.
Speaker 1: So this is where our friends at tankathon are super helpful, So where we can look at most difficult or easiest strength of schedule left. So as a for instance, Phoenix, who we're gonna get to in a minute, has far and away the hardest schedule remaining. Phoenix has games left against the Calves, the Thunder, two against Boston, the Knicks, the Rockets, and the Warriors, with only two like layup games the Spurs and the Bulls. So Phoenix, if they were fighting for something, you'd be like, oh, they're in rough shape. Here's why it matters. Minnesota has the third easiest schedule remaining. Minnesota. Now, it's a bad loss last night, but Minnesota is at you know, the teams they're up against have a combined winning percentage of four thirty, and they have games remaining against New Orleans, two of them, the Jazz, two against the net that's one against the Sixers. So you have five games remaining, no, I'm sorry, two against New Orleans, two against the Nets, one six Ers, one Jazz. Six games remaining against teams that actively want to lose. So that's super helpful for Minnesota. The Warriors are right at league average as far as their schedule remaining. Their easiest games are New Orleans, Toronto, two against San Antonio, Miami and Portland. Here's why it's to me somewhat noteworthy that's they they own as far as teams that want to lose. It's really only four for the Warriors as far as the games they have left, and it's six for Minnesota. So that plays in Minnesota's favor significantly. They you know that Minnesota has two fewer games left than Golden State. They have won more law Golden State. When I heard Steve Kerse say, you know we are you know, Steph's worn down, and that essentially we're going to take care of Steph down the stretch and rest him tomorrow or tonight, pardon me. Against Milwaukee. Now they don't have the Warriors don't have many In fact, they only have one No. Two back to back's left. They have a back to back at the Lakers and then home for the Nuggets, and then they have a back to back a week later at Phoenix and then a home for San Antonio. Right now, I would and this is not going to be where Vegas would have it, but right now I would anticipate that the Western Conference standings and mark this down and see how this ages. But I think the Western Conference standings are going to end up Minnesota six, Golden State seven, Clippers eight, with the Kings being the nine seed and then that ten seed being just the saddest competition ever between Dallas and Phoenix, just two teams who did not ever think this is where they were going to end up, but it's where they have ended up. And I talk one of the reasons, Actually, what's that might need you? Oh yeah, well, they might have to forfeit games. It's in so if people don't to understand the forfeiting games things with the MAVs, let me explain it. This is super nerdy, but I'll do my best to explain it. The NBA has Here's okay, I'm gonna have to talk about a few things here hard cap, softcap. Okay, hardcap is the NFL where the salary cap is a number and you must from the first day of the league year until the last day of the league year be under it at all times. You cannot go a dollar over the hard cap. Now, because of the way NFL contracts are structured, you can always manipulate that year's cap guys cap figures by turning salaries into signing bonuses, spreading them out over multiple years, so it can feel like a soft cap at times. But the cap is the cap, and however you need to manipulate it. You can manipulate your own guys' salaries, but you can't ever be over it. That's why the NFL doesn't have things like a luxury tax, because chery tax is for a soft cap sport like the NBA, where we have a cap, but you can go over it for various reasons. You can go way over it at times. You just pay a penalty in luxury tax. And one of the reasons the NBA kind of has to work like that is because NBA player contracts are guaranteed for the most part, you can't really manipulate a player's contract like oh, we're turning your salary into a signing bonus. It's not how it works. So they need a soft cap. Except and of course, there are certain things NBA teams can do transactionally which triggers an actual hard cap. So if you're an Apron team and do a sign in trade, all of a sudden, you have a hard cap. If there's certain things, we need Bobby Marts to really explain all of it. But there are certain things that can happen where oh no, now you do have an NFL style hard cap. The MAVs are a team with a hard cap. So here's why you're hearing about the MAVs potentially having the forfeit games. You must have eight healthy players ready and able to play. The MAVs are close to exhausting their limit on two way guys, guys from their G league team that can call up, send down, call up and send down. They have had all these injuries, and because of the hard cap demons, they are not allowed to sign another minimum player. They can't go over the hard cap. They are running out of two way guys' eligibility. Even they are so close to the hard cap, they don't have the space for another minimum guy they can't sign their version of and Alex Lynn just be like, hey, come off the street and play for us.
Speaker 3: So to be a perfect situation for Browny right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, or for any young player or any draft pick right to get some burn. But they they suited up eight healthy guys the other day. Yeah, So it would be I've never in my life watching the NBA, I've never seen a team have to forfeit games because they didn't have eligible players. It would be kind of the crowning achievement of what has been six weeks of just a fever dream of terror for MAVs fans, starting with the Luca trade, then the added pain of Ad getting hurt, then the real pain of Kyrie blowing out his knee, then the like, oh, you've got to be kidding me. Quinton Grimes all of a sudden is a star player in this league. We gave him away for Caleb Martin for no reason whatsoever, and now we're gonna have to maybe forfeit games. Unpresced in it, just unpressed in it. But flip side of that is AD's ramping up and they might make the playoffs or the play in Over the damn suns who desperately want to win and are incredibly healthy. This episode of What Trait is brought to you by Daya Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their Newdaya Oak cream blend. Dairy free cheese has come a long way. Deaya's leading the charge. Their pizzas offer the melton stretch of traditional cheese without any dairy. Each day of Pizza starts with a perfectly crisp crust, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that melts and stretches beautifully. The Dea Oat cream blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza is crafted to be dairy free, making it a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on taste. Data takes the concept of dairy free to a new level, eliminating faux MoU that is not the fear of cows, that is the fear of missing dairy. These pizzas delivered delicious tastes and texture, making them perfect for any occasion, from casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a faux move free pizza night with data. Visit Dayafoods dot com for more information, or find daya Pizza at retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart, coming soon to select publics and sprouts. Follow Daya on Instagram and TikTok for more updates and recipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah so funny.
Speaker 2: Luca actually came out and said that any team that has Yokis is always going to be dangerous. But like you just said, Jokis and Murray didn't play, so Luca let them up. La Cruz that you Yeah, he's he's looking really good. He's also had his six thirtieth point game in a month of March. What do you think about the Nuggets resting their guys again?
Speaker 1: Though, so listen, Joker plays as much as anybody. Michael Malone was correct that Jokers played I think the second most games of any player in the last decade, So I'm not going to kill him for it. I'm not certain exactly why Jamal Mury, you know, Jamal Murray couldn't play. Maybe because Jamal Murray without NIKOI Jokic, you know, doesn't quite look like the Jamal Murray that a lot of folks like to believe. He can be. I I will say this, the Nuggets are no longer a bad matchup for the Lakers. The Lakers are a bad matchup for the Nuggets. And that's with or without Joker. And there's multiple reasons for this. Uh. I understand Daniel, our producer, saying Jamal was hurt last game two. I get it, man, I'm the I'm not accusing anyone of anything, do I Does anybody think that if this were a playoff game, Joe Kitchen Murray wouldn't wouldn't have played. Of course not They're not that injured, But that's totally fine. You want them to be rested and healthy. You'd prefer it not happen on a national TV game. You'd prefer it not have to happen in back to back games. But it is what it is, so to speak like, you deal with it, and you, you know, you move forward. I think a lot of people assumed that the Nuggets, because they rested those guys or they didn't play against the Warriors, that they would play in the next game. But whatever. I'm not going to kill him for that. What I am going to talk about is if this is a playoff matchup, it favors the Lakers heavily because here is the thing. The Lakers scored one twenty last night, could have scored one forty, and I said it on the TV show. I will say it again with this question in the playoffs, if you get Lakers Nuggets, if Aaron Gordon is primarily matched up on Lebron, who is guarding Luca? They tried some Peyton Watson last night, how'd that work? Luca had twenty before you turn the game on, and okay, no, no, no, Aaron Gordon's gonna guard Luca? Then who is guarding Lebron? It ain't Michael Porter Junior in his bad back, It ain't Russell Westbrook. It certainly ain't Christian Brown. Who are we talking about? Concr He ain't doing it, Gonna dust off Dario, sorrych he ain't doing it. It's it's certainly not the two guys who were missing last night and Joe Kitchen Murray. The Nuggets are a bad defensive team at this point, and having you go Kitchen Murray out doesn't hurt their defense. And the Lakers scored at will without Lebron. Now, the Lakers, I think are going to actually end up being the best offense in the league, and you're starting to see it where they are generating so many great looks from three, so many wide open threes, and that's without Lebron on the court. And here's the other thing about the Lakers Nuggets matchup. The best thing the Nuggets had going for them in these playoff matchups is Joker, no question. The second best thing they had going for him was Di'angelo Russell minutes. And the third best thing they had going for him was Darvin Ham's coaching, which is why there was nobody that was a bigger Darvin Ham defender than Michael Malone. Michael Malone out there defending Darvin Ham, like Darvin Ham owes him money and he needs him to stay employed to get it. He's like, this is unfair that guy took him to the conference final. There is an outrage and Michael Malone now of a sudden, Lakers got real coach. And by the way, are we done with that demands? I haven't checked the scoreboard. Is JJ Reddick now just Lakers head coach? Or is he still you know Lebron's podcast buddy, or now that everybody knows he's a great coach, or we just saying no, he's a Lakers head coach, because I know if he wasn't a great coach, it would be Lebron's podcast, Buddy. It'd be like, I'm I just again, I'm not sure the exact rule, right, and I'm not sure about the rules of any of this stuff. What I do know is this Nuggets are in real, real trouble and the Lakers are real, real dangerous.
Speaker 2: You don't think, Anya, you're just like resting there guys strategically, like the same thing Golden State did with Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: I think that's a game they wanted to win that you're fighting for seating. I I don't right now. The Western garment standings go like this, Oklahoma City has locked the one seed. It's so bananas they they have lock locked up the well, I guess technically they're their magic number for locking up the one seed is one game with fifteen or how however we eat thirteen games remaining. Uh, they have fifty seven wins. No one else in the conference can get to fifty eight. So Oklahoma City's locked. And then it gets interesting. The Rockets have twenty five losses. The Lakers have twenty five losses. The Nuggets have twenty six, the Grizzlies have twenty seven, the Warriors have twenty nine, Clippers thirty, Timberwolves thirty one. So four five six, I'm sorry, two three four five two games apart, two three four one loss apart, and I don't think the Nuggets want to give these games away. Say it again, it would be.
Speaker 3: In their best interest being one game.
Speaker 2: I mean they were tied before last night and then not absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other piece of it is because of last With a win yesterday, they would have locked up the season series three to one, which would have given them the head to have tybreaker if they finished with the same record. Now it's two to two, so I'm not even sure what tybreaker it goes to. Now the Nuggets, do they get Portland next, then Houston Chicago? Like I'm just looking at their easy, tough games. I think they When we went to Tankathon before and we checked it, I thought the Nuggets were league average essentially remaining strength strength of schedule. They have a little tougher than league average. They have the eleventh hardest strength of schedule left the Lakers by the way of the third hardest strength of schedule left Houston tenth hardest. I'm just doing the teams fighting for this seed, Memphis seventh hardest, Golden State with the easiest of the group with the eighteenth hardest. So but here's the other piece of it. For the Lakers, as I said the other day, you can now kind of definitively say, even though they lost those first three without Lebron, they have survived his injury. They I said, if you miss ten games, going six and four would be a great result. And six and four is now very on the board, and I don't know that he's gonna miss four more. But the Lakers are three and three. Lost to Brooklyn, bad loss, lost to Milwaukee, lost to Denver, and what would have been an unbelievable win when Denver had all its guys and Lakers without six of their time eight and then blue out Phoenix, blew out San Antonio, blew out Denver. And now the next four home for Milwaukee, tonight home for Chicago at Orlando, at Indiana. Can you go three to one in those four You should be able to even if Lebron's not back. And that's the other piece of last night, the blowout being awesome Luca only played thirty two minutes. Reeves probably played a little more than he needed to, but so be it. And so the Lakers are really well positioned. Houston keeps winning. Houston, to their credit, has really taken advantage of the absolute softest stretch of their schedule imaginable, and they have won more soft game Friday against Miami. But their schedule during this winning streak has been the following teams for Houston, New Orleans, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, Philly, Orlando. So those are the worst, like some of the worst teams in the league, plus Orlando, which has been really bad for months, and Phoenix, which hates itself, and now you have Miami, and then it gets way tougher for Houston. So I because after Miami, Houston goes Denver, Atlanta, Utah, Phoenix, Lakers Utah Oka see Golden State Clippers Lakers Denver. What a final stretch for Houston final five games Oka see Golden State Clippers Lakers Denver. I wonder what OKAC is gonna do down the stretch because they will have locked up the one seed and with the Cavs losing all of a sudden as of Lake, they won't you know, they're gonna be in a good position for the number one overall seed. But I expect Houston to drop back. And I am the Lakers got a real shot at the two, a real shot at the two, and so I you know, I think And Daniel tells me LA is the tiebreaker because they win win their division. Oh, the stupid divisions are the next tiebreaker. Oh well, then last night's game was even bigger for Denver because now if they finished with the same record, Lakers have the tiebreaker. That's noteworthy. That's really really noteworthy. All right, Ask what are the follow ups here?
Speaker 2: Pal, Well, who do you think needs to adjust more when Lebron does come back, because you know, Lucas obviously getting into a groove. So Lebron Luca, Oh, Lebron's Lebron.
Speaker 1: Lebron can do more different things. Lebron can play so many different ways, So it wouldn't make sense to ask Luca to adjust because Lucas not going to be great at other things. Lebron can be great at playing almost any style of offensive basketball. So Lebron should and will look like And so that to me is not even a concern, and one of the benefits demonse you having every single statistical record in NBA history already accomplished, you don't have to worry about your stats as much like when you already have all the records, you already have all the all nbas, all the points, all the all of that you can, you don't really have to necessarily put that first and foremost in your mind. Now, I will tell you this a sneaky stat that Lebron cares about. That is such a silly one.
Speaker 3: The double digit what oh.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, that one's not sneaky. That one's definitive. The thirteen hundred straight games of at least ten points. But he doesn't have to try to get that one. It's that he has averaged at least twenty five points per game to the tenth of a point in every single year of his career except for his rookie season, twenty one straight years. And the reason I know he cares about it is a few years ago, post ankle injury, going into the final game of the year, he needed a bucket. I think he knew the exact amount of points he needed, and he needed a bucket late and went and got it, so he finished that year averaging twenty five point zero zero zero. Right now this moment, Lebron has played fifty eight games and has scored one thy four hundred and fifty points. So let's just do the math on that fourteen point fifty divided by fifty eight, that is twenty five point zero zero zero zero zero. So here's the point I'm making. I do think Lebron will want to make sure when he comes back he's still getting twenty five at night. I haven't talked to him, but I think that is a sna niki one that he would be annoyed if he missed it by a couple one hundredths of a point.
Speaker 2: So to make the adjustments with Luca like him getting twenty five points isn't like a stretch like.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's no aim.
Speaker 1: I actually think his scoring might go up with the new role, because I think his assists will plummet, and scoring go up a bit, and rebounding go up a lot. That's what I would anticipate is gonna happen here when it comes to college basketball in March Mania, one thing's for sure. Nothing is for sure. Upsets Buzzer beater, Cinderella is advancing top seeds going home early. It's all gonna happen. Bet the unexpected, every upset, every day with DraftKings Sportsbook with live betting, exclusive content, promo and parlays. DraftKings is the ultimate college basketball destination four March. Ready to make your first bet, check out the matchups, and pick a team to win. It's that simple. Told you guys the other day. I'll tell you again my personal favorite for today for this the beginning of the tournament, Tennessee laying the wood eighteen and a half against Wafford and a nice little flyer, little taste on Tennessee at twenty two to one to win the national championship. Maybe finally, possibly, Rick Barnes has a great NCAA's all right first time. Here's something special just for you new DraftKings customers. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly, Guys, Bet the unexpected the DraftKings Sports Book. Download DraftKings Sports Book app. Use code right. That's my last name, WIGHD. That's code right for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. When you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope in why, or text hope in why, which is four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight.
Speaker 4: Seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus age in eligibility varies by jurisdiction.
Speaker 1: Void in Ontario.
Speaker 4: Bonus bets expire one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co. Slash b Ball.
Speaker 3: Bengals Bengals bangles Man so, Jamar Chase and T.
Speaker 2: Jiggins are now the highest paid non quarterbacks in history, and Hey is the highest highest wide receiver two so for their cap is going to those players. Put your gam hat on. How would you fix this? Oh, my goodness, they're screw me.
Speaker 1: They don't well, I mean they don't think they're screwed. I think it's an insane way to run a team. And I think it's a low So here's what Higgins becomes, as Demant said, the highest paid wide receiver two in the league, Chase becomes the highest paid non quarterback in the league. And Burrow's got a huge salary as well. It's not that you can't win with three huge contracts. It's that having all of your huge contracts just be about the passing game doesn't make a ton of sense, and having all of your resources debt like it's a low key insult to Burrow. And I know it's what Burrow wanted, so he doesn't view it this way. But here's what I mean. It operates as if you're not gonna have an elite passing game unless you have both of these elite weapons. And I think Joe Burrow's better than that. I think Joe Burrow would be just fine with just one of these guys. And I think that again, the example people use as a defense of this is Peyton's Cults. But here's the problem with you. Because Peyton's Cults had Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison. The problem with using that as an example is they also had Dwight Freenian Robert Mathis as bookend defensive ends. But the other problem with that is Peyton's Colts with respect underachieved. You had thirteen years of Peyton manning, eleven of those are peak Peyton Manning years. You made two Super Bowls one to one. Compare that to the Broncos who had four years of Peyton Manning only three of those peak Peyton Manning years. They also went to two Super Bowls and one one by building a well rounded team. Compare it to the Chiefs who had a choice to make a few years ago. We are not going to be able to pay Tyreek and Chris Jones, so you know what, We're gonna move Tyreek to save the money for Chris and ask Patrick to do more with less. And they've been to every Super Bowl since then and so and yeah, mahomes last two years as numbers of DIP. Now his first year without Tyrek, he won the MVP at the most yards of any player in a season ever, first player win League MVP and Super Bowl MVP since Kurt Warner. But set that aside, Uh, it is just to me the wrong approach to building a team. So what would I have done? I would have a year ago, A year ago traded T Higgins when I could have gotten a first round pick for him and dedicated more resources to the defense. But here is what I'll say about it, demonse I Burrow wanted this, and it's fine. But he's a smart guy and he understands the resources are limited. He understands what this means. It kind of removes a little bit of the if next year goes how last year went, where Burrow's numbers are unbelievable, the Bengals offense is excellent and they missed the playoffs because the defense is terrible. It's not quite as an accomplishment for Joe Burrow as this year he got MVP votes because it was like, oh my god, he's doing his job. What can he do about the defense being awful? Well, when you go on every talk show imaginable and say you need Higgins and Chase back and you understand what that means about your ability to improve your offensive line in your defense, well, now it probably is a little more fair to at least put some of potential Bengals struggles, even if they're defense related, at the feet of their quarterback. I know that sounds odd, but I just think it's I think it's probably the wrong approach. To building a sustainable champion, and it also is it It is to me certainly not the right approach to win that division. And the problem with that is, I don't think you have any shot of winning three straight road AFC playoff games that'll probably be outdoors, probably in cold weather cities, with a defense that looks like the Bengals is going to look for the near future. So I just think I think it's a mistake, even though it's fun. All right, let's talk Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers still does not know where he wants to go.
Speaker 2: Talks are if the Vikings don't want him, he might retire or do you think you see Aaron Rodgers going?
Speaker 1: I mean probably the Steelers. But Rapaport reported this morning that he might not decide until after the draft. The draft drafts in like forty days, and I understand actually why he would wait until after the draft, because he doesn't want to pick Pittsburgh and then see you know, as a for instance, Schaedor drop and then the Steelers draft a quarterback and he's like, what the hell, so or pick the Giants and then they draft shot or at three like who knows? But I am I'm over the Aaron Rodgers story in this regard. I just I don't think the twentieth best quarterback in football is worth this time or attention. And I really don't understand why the Vikings would be entertaining this Demond's unless they are unless they have undisclosed news about JJ McCarthy's injury that they sum. But the only way that even makes sense is if they got this news somehow in the short window of time between when they let Donald walk and you know this last week, which was only a few days. Because now that we have the actual Sam Darnold contract details. Another one up to the sports media on Budsman by the way, who said, instead of all these tweets just giving love to the agents that negotiated the deals, can we please get accurate contract info. For a week we were told Sam Darnald got fifty five million guaranteed. Turns out he got thirty seven million guaranteed. Turns out the contract Sam Donald got is essentially one year, thirty seven and a half million dollars and then two team options afterwards. Who to funk it. If that's all it was going to take to keep Donald, they could have gotten him essentially for one year forty million bucks. If you're worried about JJ McCarthy, then do that. Yeah, he's better than Rogers at this point, kind of a.
Speaker 3: Like why would any team want it?
Speaker 2: Like just not even a football standpoint, just him as a I'm not trying to attack his.
Speaker 3: Character or anything, but he just he ruined stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean I think it's fair to attack his football character and yeah, leadership and also like why is he taking this long? I think because he can, and because it is a good way to make it clear who has the upper hand in the relationship from the moment the relationship starts, like if if you can make some an entire organization, Wait, poor Russell Wilson's like, I can't even sign with a team until this guy does, like and so it's just asserting asserting dominance, I guess, is what some would say.