Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Dallas Oh Boys.
Speaker 3: A smile at Everson's face.
Speaker 4: I know why we're playing the reason.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting to hear it.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the City of Champions and Dallas. Hello.
Speaker 6: Yes, you're following along the City of Champions.
Speaker 3: We've got a Master's champion here. We've got a Division champion hockey team here.
Speaker 7: Right there, We've.
Speaker 3: Got a Division champion basketball team here, that's right. He got a Division champion football team here. We don't have a Division champion baseball team here, but they.
Speaker 7: And you got about a half dozen state champion soccer teams here.
Speaker 3: We have that too.
Speaker 5: We gotta go to Dunking Field.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is the City of Champions and this is mixed Shots your Championship podcast here.
Speaker 3: At the s w b C podcast.
Speaker 5: I was waiting for them.
Speaker 4: We got football players on the football field, and we do have that too, that's right.
Speaker 6: You know why that is because this is the first day of the off season officially firstay back to worst.
Speaker 5: I was out there watching the techniques.
Speaker 7: See, that's why you were late walking in here. That's why you're seated in looking the man.
Speaker 6: I've moved over to ever since seat, we're thinking ever since not showing up.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at DB's with bad technique, Like what is going on here?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: That the coaches can't be out there. This must be they're all rehab.
Speaker 7: They're only doing strength and conditioning.
Speaker 4: No, man, I see the dude back pedaling and as he makes his move to come forward, it's you got the turn the foot. You got to turn the hip, you know, and come forward, otherwise you're digging your feet.
Speaker 7: Is that the rehab guy?
Speaker 5: It must have been because I was horrible.
Speaker 7: Tech because there's no coaches. But here's whatever the.
Speaker 6: Eversin has just added to the Cowboys needs in the draft. You're putting DB's up there at the top of the hip.
Speaker 5: Man. You can't just running in place digging up turf.
Speaker 7: Coach.
Speaker 5: That's all right.
Speaker 6: We got a very special edition of Mixed. It says we are now t minus ten days and counting before Draft weekend starts on April twenty fifth. April twenty fifth, twenty seventh, a week from Thursday.
Speaker 3: It's draft time.
Speaker 7: Is that why your Star Draft guide sitting there?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't know what was sitting there.
Speaker 6: Boy, why do I need a Star's Draft gud when I've got the back? So I was your weekend, everybody?
Speaker 5: Oh? Mine was good, nothing special, nothing specially though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of yard work for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, well okay, you mentioned the beard. What's going on, bro, it's gotta go.
Speaker 5: I'm speaking of the yard.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gotta go. There's TV to do next week.
Speaker 3: So this is your last week?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think looking like that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is full off season, that's right.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, and you know probably every day you've got a shape.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I hate days when I just have to dig. Shirt.
Speaker 5: No, uh, this is my last week looking like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the T shirt.
Speaker 5: This is my last week.
Speaker 7: Absolutely got the w n B A draft today.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have that too, Yes, okay, So I think I'm going to the Stars game with my brother Wednesday night.
Speaker 9: Fan night, Fan appreciation night. Okay, can we talk about this for a second.
Speaker 5: Let's the Stars for a second.
Speaker 9: You guys obviously know I'm there at all the home games. We're so excited for our playoff series. Uh Central Division title that we got on Saturday, and so we are right behind the New York Rangers, so we're stealing contentions trophy and uh yeah, a lot on the line. If Vancouver, if they lose tomorrow night to Calgary, then we will clinch the Western title.
Speaker 7: They'll win the conference title, which is even more important, or we.
Speaker 9: Just need one point when it means something, Yes.
Speaker 6: We have another maybe okay, depend if the Rangers win tonight, they will clinch the President's Trophy.
Speaker 7: But they still would like the conference title, right, and then that's so.
Speaker 5: They can still which they could still win the conference.
Speaker 10: Title if if Vancouver wins, right, So Vancouver, if they lose against Calgary tomorrow night, then we would take the title tomorrow.
Speaker 9: But if that doesn't happen, then Wednesday, we would need one point to get the Western Conference.
Speaker 5: So we say at one point means one win, Okay, it just would be I want to make sure.
Speaker 3: Actually you could go into overtime and earn a point in the NHL and without winning.
Speaker 7: Otherwise you're going to be watching load and manage.
Speaker 4: That's the you know, if it's fan night, then they'll still make it foul.
Speaker 7: They only have what eighteen guys on the roster. They can't rest everybody.
Speaker 11: Off.
Speaker 5: They can rest in jobs. They'll need to listening to Savannah.
Speaker 9: But yeah, Stanley Cup playoffs they start Saturday on the twenty eeth.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we're going to bring it back from Canadian hockey to the National Football League and the drafts. There is a Canadian Football League player, Everson that you will be interested in. His name is Kuantes Stiggers. He bypassed playing college football instead he went to the Canadian Football League. He played for the Toronto Argonauts and his stock is rising in this draft. He's a cornerback, cornerback, six foot one hundred and ninety seven pound cornerback.
Speaker 7: And if you had watched the Shrine Bowl game, here first two plays he stood out. I don't know if he that was enough or maybe he pulled a hamstring after that, but he went down on the opening kickoff and made it tackle. And then on the first play of the game, if I remember correctly, he broke up a pass and it was almost.
Speaker 5: A pick six.
Speaker 7: So I said, oh, this is the Stiggers guy, and I kind of looked into what he was exactly.
Speaker 6: He was originally going to Lane College, and his father tragically died in a car accident, and so he had to help support the family, and so he wound up in twenty twenty two playing in that indoor fan controlled football league streaming league. And then in this past year he was with the Toronto Argonauts and was a CFL All Star and most outstanding rookie in the league. And now this is the first year he's eligible for the NFL Draft, and so he is one of the guys there all teams are looking at.
Speaker 7: How far you think he can move up or has moved.
Speaker 6: I heard one of the so called draft experts this morning say that his stock is rising. Were this supposed draft expert who has a junior on the end of his name, Uh.
Speaker 3: He's been doing it for forty six years, said that he's got him as a fourth round pick. Now, okay, so there you.
Speaker 10: Go, pretty good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 7: What's his name again, Melker?
Speaker 8: Oh no, I got you, thank you, Which rends me speaking of a draft day, this is going back to the early nineties at Valley Ranch, and we're sitting on Draft day or watching the ESPN coverage of mel Kuiper.
Speaker 3: Junior comes on. Remember you know Greg Williams from the Ticket hard Lined fame now in retirement. If you know him, it's even funnier. He says, I got one question, who the hell's mel Kuiper Senor.
Speaker 7: Why does he get this lady Kiper?
Speaker 3: All right, So we got a little game we're going to play, right, We have a.
Speaker 9: Little game we're going to play today, you guys, okay, tell us what the game is, all right?
Speaker 10: So obviously draft is top We got.
Speaker 6: Plenty, We got plenty to talk about. This is just a preview of what's to come over the course of the next.
Speaker 10: Hour here exactly.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 9: So I know there's a lot of needs right now when it comes to this Cowboys team, and a lot of questions is what are the Cowboys going to do throughout this draft? And we have a lot of position needs we need to address. So I have we said a few weeks ago, you know, if Mickey and I brought a dartboard in here, we can just throw a dart and land on a position and we'd have a need for it.
Speaker 3: So I put together the spin.
Speaker 7: Wheel, the wheel of draft fortune.
Speaker 9: Yes, the wheel of draft fortune.
Speaker 12: So we're going to spin this.
Speaker 9: It's going to land on a position type and we're going to address the need and where we're at currently on the team with this.
Speaker 3: I love it. Okay, We're going to do that starting in the next segment. Okay, starting in the next segment.
Speaker 5: We're going to do that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to there's some there's some news this morning around the league. Yes, where would you like to start? I want to start with Davante or Davonte Smith Smith. I'm sorry, Davante Smith Adams. He's into Davante Adams territory now with his new contract. Philadelphia Eagles signing Davonte Smith to a three year, seventy five million dollar contract extension.
Speaker 3: I believe it was fifty one million guarantee and.
Speaker 7: It goes through twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 6: And so that is they picked up his fifth year option and then they've extended him three years on top.
Speaker 7: Of that, which averages out to twenty millions. Okay, So if you add sixteen million to that, yeah, that's pretty good chunk.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So he was in the twenty twenty one draft and as you'll recall that was the Micah Parsons Draft and the Cowboys had the tenth pick in the draft. And what happened in that draft, the Philadelphia Eagles traded with the Dallas Cowboys to get ahead of the New York Giants because the word was the Giants were interested in Devonte Smith, and so then the Eagles took Smith. Cowboys dropped down two spots. The Giants wound up trading out because Davonte Smith was gone. They were looking Lawrence Taylor in the face and said, no, we don't want that player, and they instead they traded out with the Bears, and Justin Fields was taken by the Bears, and the Giants dropped down to like twenty and took Kadarius Tony. Didn't work out so well for them, and the Cowboys stick next and took Michael Parsons.
Speaker 3: So there's that draft history.
Speaker 6: But it is interesting when you look at the numbers posted by Davonte Smith in his career now three years in his career, compare them to CD Lamb's numbers in his career so far. All right, so it's a twenty five million dollar per year average on that extension for Devonte Smith.
Speaker 3: We're still going over thirty with CD.
Speaker 7: And that's why the deal hasn't gotten done yet because there's no telling what CDs folks are asking for. The Cowboys know, you know, he was guaranteed. He's guaranteed this year eighteen million on the fifth year option. So the guarantee has to be probably four times that I would imagine. And if you look at the salaries for the top paid wide receivers, they're going to have to go over thirty million dollars a year to be able to get him signed.
Speaker 3: And CD coming off the season that he had.
Speaker 6: Do you recall, ever, so how many catches CD had this past season?
Speaker 7: Eighty one hundred and thirty five? Oh eighty you know what? I sat there, you know here we are to put you on the spot.
Speaker 3: Ever, Bro, not to put you on the spot, ever, said, okay, because I just threw that curve ball at you.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: For myself, I knew good and well three months ago.
Speaker 6: I knew good and well that he had one hundred and thirty five receptions and led the league. And then I looked up his numbers today and I went, wow, he had one hundred and thirty receptions. I mean It's funny because three months passed and you get into doing other stuff and whatever, and you forget about exactly what was done. He had one hundred and thirty five receptions for seventeen hundred and forty nine yards twelve touchdowns.
Speaker 4: With me, the number that took everything was thirty million dollars. That's what I was looking at. I'll get the catchich, but that can't.
Speaker 7: Seem like you said.
Speaker 4: He just my god, the one hundred thirty five kids, I'm thinking that my guy, thirty million dollars a year, and that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Well, and look at it.
Speaker 7: He's now four years in the league.
Speaker 3: Okay, not to be his agent here, It doesn't take much to.
Speaker 7: Be his agent with what he's done so far, called Jeria.
Speaker 6: Four years in the league, he now has three hundred and ninety five receptions for fivey one hundred and forty five yards and thirty two touchdowns. So the oh, let me just finish this, okay, all right, Michael Irvin, That's where I was going.
Speaker 7: In his career, had seven.
Speaker 6: Hundred and fifty receptions for eleven nine hundred four yards and sixty five touchdowns through four seasons. Ceedee Lamb is already halfway to Michael Irvin's numbers in his career.
Speaker 7: It's incredible. So he's got the single season franchise record for receptions and receiving yards already, and he's and actually close to the Hall of Famer right now.
Speaker 6: And if you go back and look at his career in college and even in high school down in Houston, he's put up these numbers forever in his life. I bet if you went back to his youth league game are days in used to he's put up the same time.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking when we first signed him, this is not what I saw. I saw a good player, but this is not what I saw. I didn't think he was gonna be this.
Speaker 7: Damn but he was that good in college, I know.
Speaker 3: But that's still God.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, it's the posed, it's the NFL.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: You can't just transfer that easily. Well, some people can't.
Speaker 6: And then the thing is is his ability to be moved all around the offense and run out of the slot.
Speaker 4: It says a lot of other wide receivers, the more you can do, the more you can do. Because you're talking about the guy, excuse me that Dan Bryant could have been so much better if he could have done if he could have done more than there was more for him to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that he can.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is mentally CD can handle the load, you know, or wherever you line him up.
Speaker 7: So what Bill is pointing out with those numbers and what he's done. The highest paid wide receiver right now is Tyreek Hill at thirty million, fifty two guaranteed at signing, So you know this has got to exceed that, right if you're the agent. But the hang up is and people need to understand this instead of continuing to criticize the Cowboys for not having this done and having to deal with the fact that he may not be here in the off season to work out, may not be here for OTAs and you know, well two things. One, okay, thirty million, But the hang up is is justin Jefferson's in the same boat. And if you're the agent, who's going first, they're playing cat and mouse now, right because I don't want to sign my guy first, and then the other guy gets more and it looks like, oh, his club.
Speaker 4: Here's what I learned negotiations. It's just like a player. Everson walls. Ronnie Lott did good things, but in different ways, right, totally different ways, built differently, think differently, different everything. When you're talking about players, you're talking about wide receivers, talking about salaries.
Speaker 5: There's a way to.
Speaker 4: Reach a goal financially through other means. It doesn't have to be just signing bonus or just salary. I remember Doug Cosby. I copied him when he did in a contract with the Cowboys. He was doing very well and they wanted to sign to a good contract. Well, we put the newies into the situation and you start doing other money vehicles, then there's always.
Speaker 5: A way you can brag and say I made more.
Speaker 4: If I'm gonna make thirty million, I want to make thirty million in one, thirty million in two.
Speaker 5: Who cares.
Speaker 4: When you're talking about the top ten, there could be a money vehicle in there, a financial vehicle in there that could allow you to make money, but not necessarily in yearly salary.
Speaker 6: Be like.
Speaker 7: Would get his money after he retires. Well, some have done that, right, But there's a salary cap here.
Speaker 11: Do that.
Speaker 7: There's a salary cap here that you have to account for it.
Speaker 5: And that's the house and that within the salary, right.
Speaker 7: So, but the hang up is is basically Justin Jefferson because they're going to compare those two guys same draft, right, and they're going to compare number two and number two right now, since you mentioned it is Davante Adams at twenty eight million, Yeah, at twenty eight million. Uh, and then next was Cooper Cup twenty six point seven million.
Speaker 6: And to just to hammer home your point on the comparison between Ced Lamb and Justin Jefferson, check out their stats and how they compare to each other. Justin Jefferson has three hundred ninety two catches. CD has three hundred ninety five catches. Justin Jefferson has eight hundred ninety nine yards and CD is fifty one forty five. Jefferson has thirty touchdowns. CD has thirty two touchdowns. CD has also has forty three carries for another three hundred eighteen yards and three touchdowns, and Jefferson has only twelve carries twenty eight yards in one touchdown. But it's almost identical numbers across the board, and so that you can see where whatever Justin Jefferson is getting, CD says, that's me too.
Speaker 5: Ben.
Speaker 3: They're both three time Pro bowlers.
Speaker 5: So they can't both make the same amount of money.
Speaker 7: Can are they're gonna have to do?
Speaker 3: I mean, who whoever goes first is making less.
Speaker 7: Than the right exactly. And let's fish will buye first. And let's point out since the workouts began today strength and conditioning, it's no big deal. It's three weeks of strength and it's not like you're gonna have leverage by not showing up to me. I think a player puts himself in danger working out on his own compared to working out here, because if you work out here and get hurt. Their response to the Cowboys are you work on your own? You could get put on non football injury and if it's you do something serious, they don't have to pay you. You're out.
Speaker 5: So crazy, How now they're so restricted in the offseason. Yeah, we had thirty five basketball game schedules.
Speaker 7: You know, did they have non football injury back?
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 4: Even No one ever got hurt playing basketball in those games. Not one person got hurt.
Speaker 5: And I did it. We did it for at least nine years, and they did it before. I can't. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So now you see Patrick Mahons, uncle basketball in the off season and everyone goes crazy.
Speaker 5: Right in the Chiefs organization.
Speaker 7: The other thing, the other thing I think.
Speaker 3: Patrick duncle basketball. Oh yeah, we see Mike. Could Mica does it in celebrity.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The other thing I was going to point out is if we remember back to last year when Zach Martin was chasing a raise, he didn't do anything till the middle of August with the team. He was here and he showed up for things that he had to mandatory mini camp, but he mysteriously had like a pulled hamstring or a groin or something that he was doing rehab stuff, right, but he was here doing that stuff and then didn't get that and he held out of the start of training camp.
Speaker 4: I think if if Ceedee Lamb does not show up for something like this, and I'm not trying to be make him any elitist or anything, but he and Dak and guys like that, they I don't think it's that important for him to be here when it comes down to salary versus. You come into a three week camp, right, and you can certain guy certain guys, and you can.
Speaker 7: Work out on your own, right. But again, there's a little bit of a danger there unless you take out an insurance policy. So just throw that out, all right, got much to get to.
Speaker 6: We are going to be spinning that wheel of draft fortune when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 13: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: That's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're now to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice coold koola A journey to foujopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right now to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mhmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more, or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demict shuts.
Speaker 9: Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboys Draft Weekend presented by Miller Lte. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth at six thirty pm. Enjoy live draft coverage, play our appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, come back for the Draft Night out with alumni and DCC appearances at Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft five K presented by Baylor, Scott and Whitehealth. For more details, visit visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we're gonna spend that weeknut.
Speaker 9: The We're gonna We're gonna get going here. I'm gonna let Everson do the owners first ever, let's spin the wheel.
Speaker 3: So for those that just joining us, reset exactly what we're doing here.
Speaker 9: We are going to be spinning the draft wheel of fortune. It's going to land on a certain type of position and from there we're gonna address the need.
Speaker 5: For There you go.
Speaker 3: You can't see it there ever since holding it up where his camera?
Speaker 7: All right, okay, Van of spin all your text messages running that.
Speaker 5: Search. That's fine, my search history.
Speaker 7: Our Savannah Why is why is the big Tuna tics.
Speaker 3: All right, all right?
Speaker 7: Running back? Running back? Running back?
Speaker 9: This is honestly, this is one of my top of the list things to address here because let's look at where we're at right now with our running back guys currently ric o'doubtle obviously resigning this year.
Speaker 7: Do you comment, no, elaborate.
Speaker 15: I would just say that we've we've had our moments and once again Spags always steps in the way and needs to kill joy, you know, talking about the salary cap and all of that trivial things.
Speaker 5: I just think we do need another all.
Speaker 9: Right, So so are Reco Daudel Ducebawn, Malik Davis and Snoop Connor are who I have on my list? Well, you know, obviously it's been disappointing this offseason as far as you know, not being able to look at maybe somebody else as a free agent coming in here. But when it comes to the draft, what would make sense for the Cowboys as far as the running back position goes? Are there any guys that are on anyone's list here that may be a good fit for this team? And then what round would you suggest and who?
Speaker 7: Well, my question on it is, do you think there's a guy that'll go in the first round.
Speaker 3: There, it does not appear that there will be one.
Speaker 6: Now. The running back from Texas, Jonathan Brooks, coming off in ACL early November, gaming its TCU, he tours ACL, he has the ability that he could be a first round prospect in my opinion. However, the ACL injury will factor into that, and just the undervaluing of the running back position also factors into it. So I would predict that there are no running backs taken in the first round.
Speaker 7: So from Brooks' standpoint, and the Cowboys should know everything they need to know about him because of the surgery, because Dan Cooper, the Cowboys orthopedic surgeon, did the surgery. Yeah, so he should have the most insight on where he's at now.
Speaker 6: The trick as far as the Cowboys are concerned, if they want to draft Jonathan Brooks, the question is would he still be available at fifty six in the second round when the.
Speaker 3: Cowboys select, And my guests would be no, probably.
Speaker 5: Not, Yeah, And so we'll fixate on him because.
Speaker 7: Of what he's He was awfully talented and probably would have been a first round pick had he not got hurt.
Speaker 6: You think, I think, well, I mean, he you could make a case for him being a first jound. It depends on how you value running backs.
Speaker 5: Well, bjohn said the tone.
Speaker 3: So if yeah, and he's not to that level, Beijeon was a top ten pick.
Speaker 5: Would he have gone to that level if he wouldn't have got No.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I don't think he has the speed, you know that that kind of but he is a and he didn't have as many opportunities at Texas. But prior to this year, because Bijon Robinson and Roshan Johnson were on the team ahead of him on the they were just ahead of him in years and so forth, and so yeah, and so this past year he was playing eleven games, eight starts, second team All Big twelve because his season was cut short. He had eleven hundred and thirty nine yards and ten touchdowns. Plus he could catch the ball twenty five receptions for another two hundred and eighty yards.
Speaker 5: But so they say a good fit for Dallas. They have a question mark kid, Braylan Allen.
Speaker 3: I love Braylan Allen.
Speaker 5: Well, you love about them Bill.
Speaker 3: He and he's a big back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's six, he's like the tallest one on him.
Speaker 6: He is six one, two hundred and thirty five pounds. He may have played at forty five at times for Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Young guy he is.
Speaker 7: He turned twenty in January.
Speaker 5: Wow, he's that young.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 6: And he's played three years in the Big Ten. So he started playing at age seventeen at the Big Ten for Wisconsin, a running back school. He ran his first year at Wisconsin, he ran for twelve hundred and sixty eight yards and twelve touchdowns as basically what would have been a seventeen year old. His sophomore year he was twelve hundred and forty eight yards and eleven touchdowns, and this year another thousand yards and twelve touchdowns. But four four four, And if you'll listen to him, I just love the presence that he has. He has a maturity about him. He did not run a forty because he had a high ankle sprain late in the season.
Speaker 3: And he was rehabbing from that.
Speaker 6: But having said that, even though he had the high ankle sprain, he was playing through it, which says a lot about his toughness.
Speaker 3: Twenty six bench reps.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw that two hundred and twenty five pounds twenty six times. Anyway, but he actually what he did in high school, he reclassified his class. He was supposed to graduate in twenty two. Twenty twenty two, he reclassified back to the twenty one class, so he was supposed to be a junior.
Speaker 3: He basically went to college a year early.
Speaker 7: So the bottom line on the spin is they're going to draft a running back at some point. It's just a matter of win.
Speaker 4: Well, it's unfortunate that the running backs are being treated the way they're being treated, but to use it to your advantage. There are so many good running backs, and the best ones to me are the hybrids, the ones that can do more than one thing, not into just now just you're just a running back.
Speaker 5: Those guys that the way they have it, now you got to be That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: You have to get in the slot, you have to be able to pick up blitzes, and you don't have to be that bull headed running back to be successful. And especially depending on the team that you go to, some of them use running backs in very creative ways. So there's a there's a way, as long as the wrong team doesn't draft the wrong player.
Speaker 5: If you're fit in your system.
Speaker 6: Braylan Allen had seven straight one hundred yard games is freshman year Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: And but he's a physical downhill runner, and quote him, I want to punish somebody.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. He's also smart.
Speaker 3: But to your point, all right, you're gonna use him as a first.
Speaker 6: Second down between the tackles running back, and you need the third down back as well, and so and so that lowers his stock to where to answer your question, I would think he was probably would probably you're looking, you feel really good if you could get him in the third round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you can tell the five to nine guys, the five A guys, five to eleven guys, they're gonna be the little, fast twitch guys. They're gonna be the guys that can do more than one thing. They're gonna be the guy that, hopefully the guy that can running between the tackles as well as be useful on thirdy.
Speaker 6: And there's one like that in Bucky Irving from Oregon who's a five to nine hundred and ninety two pounder, and but he breaks tackles left and right, and he's a guy that he caught fifty six passes this past season at Oregon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guy I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, And so if you were to pair Braylan Allen with Bucky Irving.
Speaker 4: Two different players, yeah yeah, and they both the team. What kind of system you have?
Speaker 5: I think the Cowboys would probably go with the traditional running back.
Speaker 7: So what would be your comfort level with Rico Daddle being your starting running back?
Speaker 9: So, honestly, I think if we are drafting a running back at any point in this draft, we're going to want to look for complimentary features as opposed to what Rico Daddle already has to offer. Rico is one of those guys who's he's very physical, but he runs up the middle. I think what you said, Mickey, We're going to want a guy that can also catch the ball and is slightly more of a receiver in a way too.
Speaker 4: What are the Cowboys? What's the Cowboys system this year? I mean, because we can easily change it.
Speaker 7: Well, here's another option.
Speaker 6: Okay, Let's say in the third day you draft Bucky Irving at a or again, Well, there's still a guy named Zeke Elliott that's out there who can be here, you know, and so you have a combination of Zeke and the rookie Bucky Irving and Malik Davis also on your team.
Speaker 5: And you're talking about being economical as well well, and would be that's not.
Speaker 7: Economical because the most inexpensive way to supplement these positions is in the draft.
Speaker 4: And I think lindbacks have been used for the last few years. Hey, he could be a hybrid, he could be this, he could be bad. So you have a lot of those guys in the draft.
Speaker 6: Well, I tell you there's another one that I just was looking at this weekend. Jalen Wright from Tennessee who turns twenty one this month. He ran a four to three eight. And that guy has that Devin a chain type speed man. He gets in the open field and he goes average seven point four yards. Harry for Tennessee this year in twelve Stars, thousand yard rusher.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, so they needed to find a better comparison for him than Felix Jones.
Speaker 5: Oh is that what? Oh? In this? Yeah? This is all right.
Speaker 7: You want to spend the wheel one more time in this segment, Let's do it. See if you can go quicker run.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was too good. We're gonna We're gonna have Savannah. Savannah's spinning the wheel.
Speaker 7: The Savannah Vanna. Yeah, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 9: All right, snebacker.
Speaker 7: Did you watch Wheel of Fortune? By the way, Savannah, you weren't.
Speaker 3: Named after Vanna or you?
Speaker 10: No, No, I can't say that.
Speaker 3: I was bel It's just amazing that they not only that show has lasted that long, but she's lasted on the show that long.
Speaker 7: Say Jack too.
Speaker 6: I mean when I was working in San Antonio in the eighties, late nineteen eighties, they came by the TV station.
Speaker 7: And guess where.
Speaker 6: Guess where he has a house passageack? Yeah, what in your neighborhood, California?
Speaker 7: Really out there by the beach?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, got it? Invite him to practice, bring it right back to the cow there you go.
Speaker 7: All right, So what's the spin linebacker?
Speaker 2: Leaning on?
Speaker 9: Linebacker?
Speaker 7: Linebacker?
Speaker 3: Linebacker?
Speaker 7: Definitely feel obviously a need you want to give.
Speaker 9: Us the stuffed absolutely so. Currently right now on the list for linebacker, we have Eric Kendricks, Marquise Bell, and De Marbion Overshown and de Moon Clark and Moon Clark, Buddy Johnson, you could say as.
Speaker 6: A and uh, supposedly Marquise Bell could be switching back to safety, but he in that position. He's a sub package linebacker, is a dime linebacker.
Speaker 7: They need a linebacker, yes, and yes, wherever they take a linebacker would be just fine with me if that's where the guy deserves to be drafted. And and to me, it needs to be uh and every and every down line.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking that, just thinking that.
Speaker 4: What we wanted vandis to be Yes, we need that type of player, someone who's big and also someone who's agile.
Speaker 6: Would you like Sean Lee? Yes, I got Sean Lee for you. Okay, there's only one problem. He's got an injury history.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it really Sean Lee.
Speaker 6: Are we talking about the Peyton Wilson from North Carolina? Steak and uh six three pounds, four fourth He ran a four to four to three at the combine. He won the Beteneric Award and the Butt Puts Award as the top linebacker in the country. He's got everything you're looking for as far as loving football, smart football player, diagnosing plays all that stuff, plays.
Speaker 7: With his hair on fire.
Speaker 6: And however, he has had an injury hit. And he's also the same age that Sean Lee was when he came into the league. He turns twenty four next week, and Sean Lee was an older player at twenty four years old coming into the league.
Speaker 7: So do I have to get him in the first round?
Speaker 6: No, And especially because of the injury history, he could he could slide to the third round. I mean we're talking in twenty twenty one. He had two separated shoulders in the same game. Wow, which tells you a lot about his toughness as well.
Speaker 3: Stayed in the game with a separated shoulder.
Speaker 7: Or that they have multiple harnesses available, and he's.
Speaker 6: Had going back, he's had knee issues and he's had a number of injuries, but he's been healthy, uh the last two seasons.
Speaker 5: So very incomplete. Numbers on the linebackers, Well.
Speaker 7: That deadline, deadline, deadline.
Speaker 6: You're looking at numbers, looking measurables and here yeah, yeah, measures he had He ran a four four to three, He had a six eight five cone drill which is great, thirty four and a half vertical.
Speaker 7: And what about bench press? Got it?
Speaker 3: He did not uh.
Speaker 5: Messed up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, you know any other thing about it. He doesn't look he looks more.
Speaker 6: He uh and he runs he runs faster than a safety does, but he looks, uh, he doesn't he looks more. He's a will Okay, he doesn't look like he He's not the big Layton vander Esh guy in the middle, you know, two hundred and fifty five pounder.
Speaker 7: But if you think about it, where Dumont Clark belongs to me is in the middle.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I don't want him dropping in the coverage, is he? But Kendrick's gonna be in the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, So what about Jeremiah Charyther junior? He's man only six feet Wow?
Speaker 6: His dad's talling that, yep, six foot two, twenty eight and out of Clemson. He is projected as a third fourth rounder, somewhere in that range. Edrian Cooper from Texas A and M is a first round talent, but probably because he plays inside linebackers going to go second or third round. Man, He's got a couple of on his highlight reel, a couple.
Speaker 3: Some decleating tackle. Yeah, he'll hit you. Consensus first team All American.
Speaker 4: But how well rounded are they? I mean, you got you can't just go with big hits these days. You have to cover the tight end on the scene route. You have to recognize you.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at couldn't even do that.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at Cedric Gray.
Speaker 3: I mean some of his ability.
Speaker 9: Gray can line up against a tight end, running back, or wide receiver in man coverage and find the equal amounts of success. So I think that's the need that the Cowboys got thirty five. You've got to be able to place them in different places.
Speaker 7: Are there any linebackers out there that go like two fifty.
Speaker 3: Well, let me find the linebacker that goes I mean a.
Speaker 7: Guy that can sit there and take on a blog. They don't play that brand of football, the.
Speaker 6: Football in the SEC anymore. Those guys turn into their edge rushers instead.
Speaker 7: So on this list here they've got thirty linebackers listed. I don't see one guy who who's well there it is Wilson. One guy's to forty jaalen Ford, Texas out of.
Speaker 6: Frisco lone star high school. The guy that I like is Trevin Wallace from Kentucky. He's six one two and thirty seven pounds, ran a four or five to one with a thirty seven and a half vertical, a ten to seven broad jump.
Speaker 3: I love watching that kid.
Speaker 5: Seven vertical man, that's not bad at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love watching him play. Just turn twenty one years old, he had uh jump ten to seven team captain. He's a he's a four down linebacker, meaning meaning he's going he can play three downs on defense, and he will be terrific on special team.
Speaker 7: And think about it, and especially with the new kickoff returns.
Speaker 3: This guy, the way he closes as fast as he is. Oh, he's up there.
Speaker 4: I mean he's very fast, because that's what that's what made Powson's specialism. But now justin he could read the play and sniff it out at the time, but being able to make the play, and.
Speaker 5: I love the way he finish it.
Speaker 3: Trevin Wallace reads and reacts too.
Speaker 7: What happens if they say Parsons is a linebacker? Is that lesson the need for a.
Speaker 13: Choice?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does. You don't have to go high like you said.
Speaker 3: But Trevin Wallace is probably a third rounder. This is a third round guy.
Speaker 5: Is that what you're proposing?
Speaker 7: I would rather am at linebacker, but they didn't ask me.
Speaker 6: You rather Parsons be at linebacker, But he can also and then go down and rush the corn well. And here's the perfect scenario on that with a Trevin Wallace and you got Eric Kendricks already here, so Kendrick starts and de Mont Clark's and there too, whatever however you want.
Speaker 3: To work it.
Speaker 6: And they don't forget overshown and overshown as well. But Trevin Wallace as a rookie would be a a Travin Wallace type rookie coming in here is going to be a sub package guy, which is what they were projected over shown to be last year coming in. And but they they may already think they've got their linebacker and overshown.
Speaker 4: For that the a and you've got to have a linebacker in there that can can you know, diagnose the way they've been attacking us, not just on the running play but on play action. If put putting Parcels back there is better, If he's if his recognition is better as a linebacker as opposed to how bad it was is on the end, then I'm all for putting him back at linebacker. But he's got to have the intellect to be able to sniff things out before it comes.
Speaker 5: And he just wasn't good at that last year on the.
Speaker 3: Edge, and that's a lot of study time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: If we're going to put him back there, then you need to be the guy that say, hey, this is coming. He should recognize it and say, guys, be ready for it, like Shawn Lee used to.
Speaker 5: Do for us.
Speaker 7: If if you go back and look at his Penn State tape, what attracted me to him was he was playing linebacker and he he would hit the hole, he could sense where the ball was going, and he would fill. That's what attracted me to me.
Speaker 6: Because college offenses different than NFL offenses. And all I'm saying is that if you're the middle linebacker on a team, you've got to be the teacher. You have to study as much as a quarterback, understand the ties of the other.
Speaker 5: You can't just worry about It's not about brute strength.
Speaker 6: It's like when Sean When Sean Lee was here, you know what his study and a linebacker that played alongside him. He's tweeting about the video games that he's playing during the regular season, and I'm like, no, get get in there and study your films.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: We can continue with more spinning the wheel when we come back here on mixshots.
Speaker 5: Sure is what I was looking for.
Speaker 12: Kooley mckinstrys, the Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 16: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes.
Speaker 13: Followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the.
Speaker 16: Smoker, Miller Lte and the two America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company or Texas.
Speaker 14: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool Petsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 7: To mixed shots.
Speaker 9: Head to Miller Lighthouse at at and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys at Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller Light on Saturday, May fourth, from three to seven pm. Enjoy a variety of tacos from regions across Mexico and food truck fair while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. Admission and parking are free. Visit attstadium dot com, Slash Tacos and Tunes for more info.
Speaker 12: See you there.
Speaker 6: Okay, we continue spitting the wheel. But first, Everson was looking through the Star draft guide and you came across a name that you really liked, one of these draft prospects.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, nice sweet name. Kool Aid mckinstree. Kool Aid mckinstree. He was named kool.
Speaker 4: Aid by as grandmother because of his big smile, reminded her of the kool Aid name.
Speaker 3: Possession, corner, cornerback.
Speaker 4: Eleven, almost two hundred pounds, no numbers on them. Before you guys have.
Speaker 3: One, I've got he.
Speaker 6: He did not run at the combine, he had a right foot injury. But he ran at his pro day a four four seven with a one wow, a one forty four ten yards split and a thirty four and a half vertical ten to one broad jump. And the first name this is, according to Dane Brugler and the Beast on the Athletic dot com, Jaquinsy kool Aid McKinstry. So his given name is Jaquincy. So there you go, kool Aid McKinstry. That sounds like a character in Draft Day.
Speaker 5: So his name is Jickenzie McKinstry.
Speaker 7: That's a lot that is the Long Night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe gut Quins. It's a g a apostrophe Quincy. So it's either gut Quincy McKinstry or jug Quincy McKinstry.
Speaker 3: But it's cool. That is kool aid.
Speaker 5: It is not.
Speaker 3: It's kool aid with a dash in between the cool and the aid.
Speaker 10: By the way, emphasis you know, yeah, so you think he had.
Speaker 6: An nil deal at Alabama or kool aid? All right, spin that wheel, let's spin it.
Speaker 7: Here we go. We need some music this, I know, we need a little sound or something. You really spun that wheel. It took a long time for it to land or the land. It's always center center.
Speaker 9: Right now, brockh Hoffman is our starting center. Nickey, where are we.
Speaker 6: At with undrafted undrafted brock hoffs So here's my right now, right now. If the Cowboys went out and played a game of Brock Kaufman, brock Hoffman's your center, and TJ.
Speaker 3: Bass is your left guard.
Speaker 6: And Tyler Tyler Smith left tackle, and then so you would have three undrafted players starting for you.
Speaker 3: Terrence Steele, Brockaffman, and TJ.
Speaker 5: Bass. That's right, Okay, So what are you guys trying to say?
Speaker 7: So here's what I'm trying. This is to me, this is the easiest way because if you look at all the mock drafts, they're just assuming the Cowboys have to take a tackle, right because they lost Tyron Smith. Well, when I see these mock drafts for what they're worth, by time the Cowboys are getting to twenty four in the first round on the majority of them, five offensive tackles have already been off the board. So I know there's depth at the offensive tackle position. But do I want the sixth best offensive tackle in the first round when I've got Tyler Smith sitting right here and all he has to do is take three steps to his left and play left tackle. And then on my philosophy on guards, I think TJ. Bass showed that he has some talent. You can draft a guard in the second or third round, you don't have to draft it in the first. And then my question is who's playing center? Who's touching the ball sixty times a game? Because there's no more Tyler Biattish at center. And so when I started looking at some of the centers in this draft, and the guy that caught my eye was Zach Frazier from West Virginia, and I watched his workout and then I watched him play. This guy's very versatile. He can really move for a guy that's three hundred and ten pounds whatever he is. And to me, you got to shore up that middle because if you're susceptible at the center position, then you got some big problems. So to me, the least expensive way to help at center. And by the way, we said brock Hoffman would be the starter today. Who's your backup center? Got what? Anybody? They don't have one now. So I like this Zach Frasier guy, and I think you can do a Travis Frederick with him and probably trade down and get him in the low twenties or thirty thirty one.
Speaker 5: So Travis Frederick was a late round pick.
Speaker 3: He was first first first round pick.
Speaker 7: They had the eighteenth pick in that draft, and they traded the thirty one and got criticized for taking somebody you can get in the second round. Well, he wasn't gonna be there when the Cowboys drafted uh in the second round.
Speaker 3: Traded down and they wound up getting both Travis Frederick and Terrence Williams.
Speaker 5: Out of that deal.
Speaker 7: Got two starters for the one spot.
Speaker 4: So to me, yeah, whatever shows up the Cowboys offensive line, it always seems to come from the guard position, you know, when you really want to solidify it. Oh, it seems like that's the it's the ace in the hole for me. You got Larry Allen, right, he was a guard.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You got a lot of guards out there that came in the late round, late first round, late picked, late rounds, in the first round, lake picks the first round.
Speaker 7: They already have a first round picket guard.
Speaker 5: I know they do.
Speaker 7: You just want one guard, you need another one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need a good guard.
Speaker 3: Well, you need a good first round picket guard. How much longer is he gonna play?
Speaker 7: Well, that's true, But do I need a first round pick at every offensive line position?
Speaker 4: I never really worry about what round did they go in? And it's the Cowboys have proven this. What can you do when you get there?
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I understand money.
Speaker 5: I'm with you. Bag. You sound like you're about to argument all your freaking side. Shut up.
Speaker 7: Guard. He's not as guardens.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is, once again, I'm with you. I don't care where they're drafted. I want to make sure when they come in. Larry Ally wasn't you know he was laid round?
Speaker 7: Second round, second round.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you can find them there. I'm not worried about. Once again with you, I'm not worried about them being first round.
Speaker 5: All of that is.
Speaker 4: Everything's about status and nego off the first round. I don't give a damn come in here and play. You found many running backs, No, they're running backs all over the league that are doing damn well, and you have some of them are free agents, so I.
Speaker 5: Don't care where they come from.
Speaker 4: You've got to get guys that can come here and help this culture, the guys that come in here and feed into the culture that we have as a good running team. Because we can't do it with the Cowboys with just worrying about Ceedee Lamb and getting Dak Prescott his numbers. We got to have an all around team, and sometimes going back to the basics is the way to do it.
Speaker 7: I don't know what's in the Big Green notebook on Zach Frasier, but he was a three times, he was a three time team captain and a four time state heavyweight wrestling champion. Had only lost I think one or two matches in his entire high school career.
Speaker 6: Plus he was a Campbell Trophy finalist. You know what they give the Campbell Trophy for? You were ever since you were probably a finalist for this. Yeah, it's the academic heisman.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, nope.
Speaker 3: He also.
Speaker 6: This is the kind of work ethic that he has in uh an entrepreneurialship that he has. In seventh grade, he built he turned his garage into a gym, and he's worked out in that garage gym. And he would just and people in the neighborhood would just bring like extra weights that they that they had that they didn't want anymore.
Speaker 7: They'd just bring it and drop it on his when when he started lifting too.
Speaker 3: Much weight that he didn't have weight to fill it. So anyway, that's what he would get.
Speaker 6: On his birthdays, he would they would come over and bringing birthday president.
Speaker 3: And he was that's how you have thirty bench reps of two and twenty five pounds.
Speaker 7: And he was a National Football Foundation First Team Scholar athlete.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, let me tell you, So all these stories and the amazing good stories can you play. That's gonna be guys out here with no stories that will kick everybody's ass in the room. So to me, show me what you can do on the field. I remember when I was at Grammar, they come with all this stuff. Man, let me show you how I could cover this guy one on one. And that's what I hung my hat on. So whatever these guys can do, it better be good for the team that they go to. You better be good for the team that you go to. And they don't want you to build a weight room wherever he goes. They want him to already be a finished product. So that's what that's what I look at. Everything else is hype. You've got guys on here. Every one of them can brag and say they can do something, but when they get in the league, somebody still gonna kick their asses.
Speaker 3: I also like a center that has eleven inch hands.
Speaker 5: Is that what he happens?
Speaker 7: Eleven inch hands that hangs on to the football a little bit longer, there's no fumbled snacks.
Speaker 5: We want him to give up the ball. We don't want to hang on.
Speaker 7: To the back and all the all the description of this guy. The one word that keeps coming down bulldog. I want a bulldog.
Speaker 3: Okay, So who do we draft today?
Speaker 5: We're going with all free agents. Forget this crap. Uh, we haven't hit. This was a looking for late round gyms, that's what they're.
Speaker 9: So we just looked at running back, running back, linebacker, and center.
Speaker 5: Okay, So well, Phraser be there for us. Will he still be avail.
Speaker 7: At twenty four?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they can train. We're talking still the second round, and you can get him maybe in the second round.
Speaker 3: Centers don't usually go early.
Speaker 9: All right, running back we Jalen Allen or I'm sorry, Braylan Allen, Braylan Allen, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: That was third round, third round.
Speaker 9: Nckey wanted a linebacker in the third round.
Speaker 6: I also wanted a linebacker in the third round. I got a bunch of them in the second third round. So I say trade back and pick up as many second and third round picks as you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's there's too many needs on this team.
Speaker 7: And from what I'm hearing also to know that's not so much.
Speaker 5: We got the ark there.
Speaker 3: That's why you don't reach That's why you don't reach for a position of need, because you got a lot of positions of need on this team.
Speaker 7: And my understanding is usually for the Cowboys when they give out first round grades at for the draft, they usually have like fifteen to eighteen twenty maybe first round grades on guys, and they're grading them not only how talented they are, but also where they fit the fit and where the Cowboy needs for the Well, I'm told that there might only be a dozen to fifteen first round grades this year.
Speaker 6: All right, let me ask you this as we run out of time or pastime. Yeah, but would you you like Darius Robinson, defensive lineman from Missouri.
Speaker 7: And Bill did a nice job on him last night, by the way.
Speaker 3: In the Big Green Notebook. Would you take him at twenty four in the first round?
Speaker 7: Yes? And I bet I can get him at twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now let me ask you this though. Would you be opposed because you just sung the praises of Zach Frasier of doing what this team did in twenty fourteen when they drafted Zach Martin in the first round and then they traded up to take DeMarcus Lawrence in the early second round number thirty four overall. Okay, so they traded their second, their third round pick plus their second to move up to early second round to take Lawrence, and those two players are still with the team a decade later, playing at a very high level. Would you take Darius Robinson at twenty four, take your third round pick and trade up early second round to take Zach Frasier as your center.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 7: My only hesitation saying yes is I've only got seven.
Speaker 3: Picks, right, and you don't have a fourth round pick.
Speaker 7: I don't have a fourth round d and so.
Speaker 6: You're going way back for your next pick, right, and if you did that, you're going to have to trade a future pick to get back in the fourth round or third round, right.
Speaker 7: Because you only have seven and thank goodness for compensatory picks, because they would only have five.
Speaker 5: All Right, Savannah has closed her That means it's time. Because that's it.
Speaker 3: We've closed the door on another.
Speaker 7: Jazz has chased us off the area draft the fortune. Okay, you know what, next week we have one more and then the draft.
Speaker 5: That's right, So it's the wheel again next week.
Speaker 3: I know that you here's your homework assignment. Ever since?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I need a seven round Laise hand Ever, Sin, here's your homework assignment, A seven round mock draft all the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I want to see this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you won't see it. I'll be calling you cheating off your papers.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: That does it for this week on mix Shots. Have a great week and we will see you again next week.
Speaker 5: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.