Speaker 1: What's up? Okay to just a few good fellas. Covino and Rich, Spotty's here. Thank you for joining us. Go back Thursday. Oh, we got games to play. We're gonna pay some games. Manult game. We're bringing to episode sixty three. Normally we're on two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. Fox Sports Radio. Follow our podcast search Covino and Rich. But yeah, we're gonna play name that old school sports game, like old school video games. But we're also talking family legacy on the show, you know, like the amazing family legacy of Big Steve Cavino and his two sons, Steven and Tommy Cavino. Same thing, along the same lines. We're talking Mannings because it's a big weekend for Arch Manning. He gets to start. He gots to start today.
Speaker 2: Now, not only did they announce he's getting the start, it's it's gonna be disgusting. And when I say disgusting, they're playing ULM. They're favored by forty four and a half points. So if you thought Arch was on display last week with four passing touchdowns that one sick rushing touchdown, it's only gonna be that and maybe more this weekend, he.
Speaker 1: Had five total touchdowns. By the way, is that run you speak of sixty seven yard run, juke and people flying. They're saying he topped out at twenty point seven miles per hour, faster than any Tyreek Hill run this year. So he's got the wheels too. You know something the Mannings aren't known for. He's got wheels.
Speaker 2: Well, that doesn't feel like it makes sense to me, but I've seen that as.
Speaker 1: Well Tyreek Hill. Come on, he topped down. I mean he was able to, you know, get the speed going sixty seven yard run. I was a nice one. So with his star rising with this start, and who knows that his future holds. You gotta think about the Mannings legacy. Are they the new number one when it comes to sports families? Well? Have they already been the number one? Does this the deal? It starts with Archie Manning, right, great quarterback, but then the legend of Cooper man.
Speaker 2: I mean he got done dirty though, Archie Manning the dead. Archie got done dirty because he played for the Saints, the Aints back in the eighties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Like it's just you say what you want. He played for a crappy team. He was always a tough quarterback. He was still a QB in the NFL. Right, then he has three goony looking sons, kunish sons, and they always say Cooper was the best of them all. He had the greatest skills, the greatest speed, the greatest arm. Cooper was the guy. Right, he gets hurt, he can can't play again, his career sidetracked. Peyton wears his number in his honor, Peyton Eli. They become two time Super Bowl champions. You know the Mannings legends in the game. Someone should take Archie's sperm and bottle it up. Sell it, yeah, sell it, do something because it's amazing what they've been able to accomplish. Why you're gonna take Arche an old guy seventy five years old, any of them?
Speaker 2: It's got high value. Well that is a legacy. Look at the Manning family tree. But you're right, everything from Archie and the ants, Peyton and Eli two super Bowl two chips each, and now arch who is the son instead of Cooper. Right, So the family's just dominant. But there are other dominant NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball families. Stick it to the NFL now, because I think there's two that are close to the Mannings. In fact, I think there's one that's even bigger. The Watts are in the same category. You have JJ, you have TJ. And there was another Wat you know, I forgot his name, but there was another Wa. He's like the third property brother this but there's another guy and he's like, all emo too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's another property brother and it's not Rich David. I thought I wrote it down. Who's the other Wat? Well, I'm.
Speaker 3: Watts did go what? So anyway, it's JJ, Derek and teach Derek.
Speaker 1: Here's a fullback for a minute. Now. Again, you also have to have impact, right, So JJ and TJ they're incredibly great, so you have to factor that in too. So the Mannings they got greatness, they got Super Bowls, they got legacy, they got generations and future generations. So that's what I'm saying. They're probably No. Number one no matter how many people we talk about right now, outside of the property brothers. Yeah, outside of those guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sorry, Derek Watt, by the way, I compared you to the middle property brother.
Speaker 1: You fit in as the third property brother better than that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I actually wrote down three property brothers JJ TJ.
Speaker 1: I just left them out like you're like, he doesn't matter. I'm so sorry. They're not property brothers. They're NFL brothers. I'm sorry you said property brothers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I tried mushroom coffee today for the first time, and.
Speaker 1: I have no caffeine. To me, this tastes like shit, and I've been awful down this. Okay, off and awful. I'm just kidding, but no, I'm not. Yes, i am. The Wats are in the conversation for sure, because they're great. But still no Mannings, because that's the point wherever we bring up, aren't the Mannings? What else you got in the in the world of nfls, Let's say with NFL property brothers.
Speaker 2: It's the Matthews family. This is just legacy generations. Yeah, I mean it goes there's a whole tree. It goes beyond like wow, how cool that brothers are in the league or father son? Get this, seven players, twenty five Pro Bowls. It starts with Clay Matthews Senior. Then, of course we all know we grew up with Clay Junior and Bruce. They both had two boys, Clay the third and Casey and Kevin and Jake.
Speaker 1: Add that up.
Speaker 2: You got seven Matthews boys that played in the NFL.
Speaker 1: I know you don't want to get two into it. Nature or nurture though, what do you think, man? Honestly, because it's amazing, right, I'm gonna go nature.
Speaker 2: I mean the jumping genetically will make them Beasta Dons.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be a little of both though, right, because not every superstar has superstar kids. I don't know. It's a little both, little of everything. Now, I'm just gonna switch it a little bit and bring up people. I know you're not gonna bring up Okay, I'm just gonna they deserve honorable mention. Right. You gotta talk about the Boons. You got Bob Boone, Brett Boone, Aaron Boone still doing his thing, right, the Lighters recently Alan Mark, both of their sons are in the big league. Gurero's I lose. Yeah, There's so many that deserve props, like wow, it's amazing. Generations still going, still doing it. Gus Bell, Buddy Bell, Mike and David three generations. The Bells are only one of five families in baseball with three generations of players like that's incredible. I mean, and it's so cool to see. You know, hey, I used to watch that guy's dad and now we're seeing Holliday Holiday playing now against you know, on the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Cool to the Baschet's all, but I think the number one in baseball just based on the Ripkins. What they meant, not the Ripkins. The only thing I didn't know about Billy Ripkins is his baseball card that says f face.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like he's a great broadcaster. Like greatness should be factored into this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you could say the Conseko's Ozzie no, thanks no. But Griffy Senior and Griffy Junior were both great players, and the fact that they hit back to back home runs, I think is something that could never be contested. It might be the coolest father son moment in sports history.
Speaker 1: And ken Griffy Senior, you know, his time with the Reds, his time with the Yankees. He had a stellar career and his son's a superstar has to be in the conversation, and has to be in the conversation because they played together, which is why the Lebron stories so awesome, right, you gotta give for Chiff Row.
Speaker 2: We know when we're old, guys will be like, it's the third fourth generation James.
Speaker 1: We don't know now if greatness is a part of this. I may have something that rivals the man, But I want to give the Norton's props. Speaking of football and fighting, Ken Norton, Ken Nortonton Jr. Ken Norton Junior would always, uh, you know, punch the goalpost that daddy was fighting Muhammad Ali. Yeah, that's pretty cool. One other fighters that come to mind. You can't say Chavis and Chilvis Junior. Chivis Junior never lived up to it. But you know you got the you got the brothers, you got the clitch go. How do we forget that? One brothers really good? One fury brothers not so much. When one carries the it here's the Here's where I get at.
Speaker 2: If one sibling or generation carries the weight, then they don't They don't count as far.
Speaker 1: They're in the conversation, but they're not competing with the Mannings. Right, you got sugar Sheen Moseley and his son like it goes on. But what about the Williams sisters. If you're going to factor in greatness and family legacy. If you're gonna factor in greats, right, if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna factor in greatness, and if greatness is measure by championships and and being on the top of your game, the Williams sisters might be number one over the Mannings.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, they're They're up there based on greatness legacy.
Speaker 2: It's a solo sport, which means they had to do more. Think about it, guys. The Curries, Oh, the Curries have a whole family tree, Del Curry, Steph and Seth. And then remember the sister married Austin Rivers, whose dad is Dockley. They have all that's Thanksgiving. It the Curry family.
Speaker 3: So the Doc River's daughter, that's right, she married Austin. Okay, so Seth looks like Doc. Yeah, Doc is like the curries in father in law Austin Rivers obviously is Doc's son.
Speaker 1: So it's insane, right, But that's the world they live in. So factor in the Curries. You factor in the Matthews family, the Wants family. You know, the Williams sisters as rate and as amazing as the Bell legacy is in baseball or the Boons scratching them all out because Arch is putting the Manning family next level legacy super Bowls?
Speaker 2: What's to be? What's he going to do? He's got speed, he's got talent. Where's my favorite number?
Speaker 1: So he's fulfilling the Cooper legacy, the legend, you know what I mean? Like it's a great story, and you know we get to watch it this weekend. I think if he continues, we're seeing a solid number one when it could not. I just see number two. I say solid number, solid number two when it comes to family legacy in sports. Now we keep this open here on over promise we get you involved, keep you included. I know your family's awesome, but I know all those Little league home runs you hit and your kids the best. But who else's family are we forgetting? Who do you want to throw in there for honorable mention? Do you think anyone else really rivals the Mannings at this point? They got super Bowl Row.
Speaker 2: And being the football NFL's King, NFL's King, mightiness might be your number one answer.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Eli beat Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: There's and they're still like doing great things and broadcasting. There's such a sentiment that this is just gonna be a sick display this weekend because they are playing ULM University of Louisiana Monroe. You know what that means. That means this game is gonna be one of those like sixty three to three, and Arch Manning is gonna just put up ridiculous numbers. They're already saying Trevor Lawrence two point zero. He made me a first round draft pick and he's only played one game college.
Speaker 1: The Manning people are gonna love talking about the story. It's gonna be great. Story's gonna be huge. You're gonna see it all weekend long. And I really think this solidifies, guys the most impressive family legacy well as of right now, Prisoners of the moment. You could debate it at Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio. Hashtag family legacy, hashtag Cavino's the man. You know, let's keep this going, Let's get you involved. You make the calls.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry when you talk about betting and everything. When the spread is minus forty four point five, what does that mean.
Speaker 2: They're expecting They're expecting Texas to win by forty five points.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 2: They're playing a trashy team and that game is on Saturday at five pm out here on the West coast.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 2: So if they win Camino fifty to ten, they don't cover crazy, right, they don't cover ye. So it's going to be all over your social media feed, you know at the weekend. If I don't know the timeline on yours, and I don't know if anyone knows exactly, But later this season Oklahoma and then Georgia at Texas October nineteenth, so we shall see what happens then. So October nineteenth, Georgia, Texas.
Speaker 1: All right, So again we're Cavino and Rich of Fox Sports ra at Covino and Rich on social media at Steve Cavino at Rich Davis at Fox Sports Radio. And this is our bonus podcast stuff we don't have time for on a regular show. And since it's a Thursday, since we're having fun, I figured we throw it back and play against do it. And by the way, how's we throw it back? Yeah? For real?
Speaker 2: You see those ads on your social media for mushroom coffee and these energy things. I have felt so awfull day not having you don't have the eye of the tiger.
Speaker 1: Bro, They've got my tiger absolutely Lego. What's going on? You're a little bunch of you. You've got to relaxed brain. Absolutely. You drink multiple cups of coffee a day and you say today I'm gonna switch it up and do mushroom coffee. Big mistake. I am so out of it. I got brain fog. That's okay, all right. I want to play a game because we're having fun, because we're playing a game. Let's throw it back and play a game that I'm naming our old school sports throwback Nintendo game game. Ready, that's you're wordy for you? Maybe a little let's do it. We all grew up playing Nintendo, right, Yeah, Hey, I went back Atari twenty six hundred, but classically trained on Nintendo. So I'm going to play you some music. You know, the songs, the earworms that lived in your brain and still do till this day. You could be walking down the street and start whistling it. You don't even realize what it is because it's still in your brain from when you were twelve years old. These are the songs and the soundtracks to your little kid life.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I swim in my pool, I sing the Mario swimming theme. I'm like do doo.
Speaker 1: Do that just happened? Dude. So we're gonna play the song and you guess the game I picked it. You could play along at home. Okay, I know what they are. These are some of my favorite sports games from Nintendo back in the day. Let's kick it off with a classic spot. I'll give everyone a second.
Speaker 2: I mean you gotta start off easy, right, more brainbusters. Start by Mason's punch out there. It is double O seven three seven three five nine six three.
Speaker 1: Here's a better question. Now, was the code for Mike Tyson, who I beat, by the way, But you know the order, the order in which you fight the opponents? Yeah, pretty much. I'm gonna I'm gonna Tyson.
Speaker 3: Right in front of you.
Speaker 1: Order. Oh oh there it is? Oh all right? So it is?
Speaker 2: Is that the order?
Speaker 1: Though I don't think it is. It's Class Joe. It's definitely last Joe von Kizer. Then it's Piston Honda. Oh so I guess not. Then it's I think Great Tiger. Then it's King Hippo. Then it's I think Piston Honda again. Yea, the soda Popinski super macho man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then I forget. But there's another great Tiger in there he comes back.
Speaker 1: Oh he does.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, well he disappears and comes back. I tell you how my heads up my ass today. I just looked up Mike Tyson order and I was like, Jake Paul, Kevin McBride, Danny Williams. Oh no, that his real last fight.
Speaker 1: Some of that. I'm sorry. We've interviewed Mike Tyson Bowdi. He's like, yeah, I really never played that game. I never I never fought Blath he called him. I'm quoting him Blath, Joe Lath Laft Joe. You guys loved that game, and I did. I love that game changed my life. That was That was the best sports game there was. I let's let's go. Let's see if you give me, say you can get me. Gotta start off easy, all right, So punch out number two, number two spot. I think, in my opinion, the greatest game that ever was not the best graphics, but the greatest game. I played it block more hours than anybody, Alight. I was a base in a heated moment the music change. I didn't don't.
Speaker 2: I was a basic loaded guy. This is not basis loaded. This is RBI Baseball.
Speaker 1: Load it wasn't fun though, it just had graphics. Yes, this is RBI Baseball. Yep, ry base where it got ten right? Dun dun, dun done. Yep. So RBI Baseball one of my favorite games of all time. You know, playoff time, Yankees just clinched. It was almost playoff time. Yeah, we're approaching it. Congrats to the Brewers, by the way, But RBI Baseball one of my favorites. Baseball Simulator one thousand, another great one. Baseball Stars, Baseball Stars, we played them all. I think RBI was king. That's just me, all right. Number three, this is when it gets hard. Okay, four and five, I don't think you're gonna get Okay, what's it? Number three? So far, so good. See this is tricky but not it's tech bo bawl.
Speaker 2: But that's why I said I but it's the it's when you're selecting one or two players.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I knew Rich was a fan of Super Techmobile. Yeah, so I didn't think you actually played regular Techmobile given high fives like Marcus Allen, because that's what I was playing. That's why I was trying to trick you, because you always say super was more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, popular I thought Super was better, and Dan Byer and people at Fox will hate me when I say, because it's actually Techmo super Bowl, not Super Techno Ball. But I think that that intro theme might trick some because that's not the gameplay theme.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, it is football season. Had to put that one. I think that was the king of all football games now, Nintendo style. Is there another one even rival until Madden came out? Now, yeah, pre Madden Techmobile was where it was at, all right, But once you started down, all right, now it gets it gets a little tricky. All right. It's tricky to rock a I'm this right on time, and it's tricky to guess the next two. Name that old school sports game here with Covino and rich on Over promised spot hit it. I'll give you a hint. I had great graphics, good graphics. It was a Konami game. Konami known for their cool little scenes like that slam duncan about cripple shit I'm getting says this fighting game maybe like a Karate Master game or something. I don't get into the gameplay. It might help help Ridge a little bit because you'll recognize some of the game players. Yeah, yeah, I thinks something on. Hang on, I think you'll get it.
Speaker 2: He said, four and five mite stumping hockey here, lads of steel, you got it with your paws whip the pause, with the pause, with the pause. That is yeah, roads, that's you caught me with the intro. What's the pass?
Speaker 1: Great fight scene?
Speaker 2: Oh there was, oh you know, somebody have the Blade to Steal and the double dribble cutaways of the exact same shitty graphics.
Speaker 1: They had some good ones, man. So let's let's see if you get stummy with number five number five. I think I got you on this one. I remember playing the arcade game at Photon on the throwback. It was an arcade, but it was on your ne e s and I'll let it play and then I'll give you another hand. I'm just picturing Clark Griswold running to Wally World. All right, So what game was this? I'll give you a hint ready.
Speaker 2: There was games within the game, like Olympic Games eighty four or some shit Olympic battles on the game. The old school sports game here with Cavino and Rich Olympic Games. Final answer, you don't remember this one. It was an arcade game track and field, just regular track and field.
Speaker 1: There it is look old school ogs and that's the game we like to play every once in a while. So we play with you here on over promised the Koonami Track and Field OG, one of my first games I had for nes F. I'm not mistaken, but I used to play the arcade game too, So what was fun? There? You have it? So, hey, enjoy your baseball this weekend. Enjoy your football rich any action you want to talk about her because I seen that game. I'm taking the time out for now. But if I had to do you bet against Aaron Rodgers and this something? Eh. You know, you could watch American Sports Story with our boy who we interviewed on episode sixty two last week, Josh rivera American Sports Story Aaron Hernandez. That's on Hulu on FX if you want to check it out hulufoola. Yeah, So enjoy your weekend. I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll go.
Speaker 2: Teaser bet. Jets are six point favorites. Jets in a pick them and then go from thirty nine up to forty five and do the under under forty five Jets win, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think New England scores. Well, enjoy your weekend, enjoy your foods ball hope you enjoyed your overpromised I'm exhausted. I gotta get my coffee back. See you even there at you baby, See you in the over promise Land,