Speaker 1: A Stantonian blast. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off brought to by bet MGM. The King of sports books is be Joey p Joe pi Zepeda with me today, as always is the Welsh, and of course it's you. And today we're gonna recap what happened in the All Star Game. We're gonna look ahead to our rest of season ranks, our top twenty five starting pitchers. We're also gonna talk about maybe the top ten to fifteen who knows how many assets in Major League Baseball that we want on our fantasy teams for keeper leagues and or dynasty. Will dive into that. We'll also dive into some rest of season home run props that are out there too. And tomorrow's gonna be a fun show because Welsh. Tomorrow we're gonna take a heavy look at all the betting stuff still out there for the second half. And I know you're like me, that's an exciting thing. Now we're in the stretch run. We know who teams are, are we kind of a sense of who teams are not and also who might be buyers and sellers. So are you excited about the week of wagering we've got here before games kick up again.
Speaker 2: I am, I am, because if you like to wager at all, you've been a little devoid of all of the major fun. There's maybe a few things missing in your life, like all the bets in the world, and you're just hyper focused on one spot and you were forced to go nut soar, just go a little bit on that All Star game, which I don't believe featured a run or many hits after the fifth inning. So yes, I'm excited about the second half. I'm excited about finding some values too, because those are kind of gone, like the big guys that you and I have been jumping on, like show Hey Atani at MVP. Those are gone. So we're gonna have to re establish and see where you can get some values, whether it's to win or maybe even hopefully make a couple bucks on sites that pay you back like fan Duel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think for the Otani's don Julio's done. You can't you know, vote, you know can't vote. You should vote, you can vote, you can't. You can't bet on the Yankees or the Astros to win their divisions, But we'll do odds about the remaining divisions, also teams to make the playoffs, not make the playoffs Tomorrow. Today's a little bit more fancy focus, tomorrow a little bit more wagering focus. So if you'd like to do both, this is the show for you, and we're going to be going straight through here. So let's kick things off here with the All Star Game. We have young Carlos Stanton taking on the MVP. I feel like the under with the the combination of so many relief pitchers every inning, with the strikeout rates, as you were saying, the lack of runs and hits and created runs, I feel like the under in the All Star Game is becoming like an automatic smash button. Do you feel the same.
Speaker 2: Way, Well, I mean I didn't yesterday. I was like seven and a half. I like the over at seven and a half with all of the relief pitchers coming on the back end. The NL two was kind of littered with even more relief guys. I mean I think Joe Mantiply came in and like the fifth or something like.
Speaker 1: That like that, Actually we Mantiply.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I know you're becoming You're right, it is becoming much much more. I wonder I haven't tracked the downturn of it, but I mean, it was seven and a half this year, and what's it going to be six next year? Like, well, probably starts to.
Speaker 1: Go to six. That's when you start to go O get with seven and a half. I still felt like I still feel like that that's a good under. You know. It's on Scotti Farros Show yesterday after dooneying we were talking about All Star Game and he's like, what do you what do you think about it?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 1: And I was like, look, I think, uh, you know, I think it's America League. I think it's the under, and I think you take a shot on somebody an MVP. You know, whoever hits a home run is gonna be MVP and your boy bucks in at home run. But Stanton was the guy. By the way, I love the h I love the All Star Game MVP award itself, that Crystal bad or where the heck is? I think I'd love to see Stanton hit a ball with it just for S's and g's. Is that does that make so weird?
Speaker 2: No? No, I actually want them to continue like going balls to the wall on that type of stuff like the home run derby chain. They should be doing cool, unique things. It gets players to want to come. I mean, whatever they got to do. I mean, at some point, don't be surprised if they start doing like some type of all star ringer or something for everybody. Whatever you got to do to get these players excited to want to win, to get out there and to compete.
Speaker 1: And Julio made more money in the home run Derby I saw than he's going to make all season.
Speaker 2: So that's a one hundred and seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars for second place. He was making seven hundred thousand as a major leaguer this year.
Speaker 1: Very very touching moment. By the way. Also, did you see the Clayton Kershaw with the young kid whose granddad passed away but wanted to meet Clayton Kershaw before he died. Oh, my goodness, you're not crying. I'm crying. It's a lot. Kershaw did a nice job. There was very nice, so good.
Speaker 2: Kirshaw is really good about all of that stuff. Like he's very very tuned into kids. I've been over at Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Unlike Mike Mayor. Could you imagine Mike Mahyor is like, hey, my granddad wanted to meet you, Mike Mayor before he died of cancer. Mike Maher is like, kid, I don't have time for this, Like we're all gonna die, kid, Well, it looks like we missed our opportunity. That would be Mike Mahyor like he'd be like, well, what am I good was supposed to do it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do about it? I feel like that.
Speaker 2: You know. One of my biggest regrets of of all the things with athletes, is the picture I have a picture with Clayton Kershaw because I've I t l famously told the story. I don't need to tell it here, but where I met him at a Whole Foods and my pictures like blurry because I was trying to do it quick because I felt bad about doing it. I was like this, I read how often are you going to be around Clayton Kersher? I take it and he couldn't have been nicer. He could not have been nicer about it. But I got a blurry picture with the cy young winner.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Well there you go. That's that's something you can always take with you Cosse struck out the side for the All Star Game. Alec Manoa very entertaining too on the microphone yesterday. God, I love that Hoss, I do. I Just why am I such a sucker for the Big Hoss pictures? I don't know, just love that guy. He's a good time interest stuff.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh it's my favorite thing. But interesting you keep me in Bogman around You're like, Oh, I love these Big Hoss pictures. They're a connection little Hoss so I look up to. I've been saying this for a while. I don't know when baseball is going to take like the forefront and wanting to really really improve the game. You know, they do so many things to hurt themselves. As small as some of this stuff is, I think.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: I love custom bats like the bat that Julio under so, I honestly think it would be such a huge improvement if they even allowed something like that in games to start having.
Speaker 2: But I love the micd up. I think that's a way to get more personal with players. I think people lack connections sometimes. I think every single.
Speaker 1: Television like, I don't get what's the problem, but they.
Speaker 2: Don't let them do the they don't let them go crazy with cleats. They have two. That's the stuff you do, like, let let the guys bat flip let there be really cool custom things that kids can see and get excited about. Whether it's cleats, whether it's bats. Get these guys miked up in every single game that could be televised. I think it's the best thing to do. I want to see more of it. I want to see more of the things that we love in the personality that moment with with David Ortiz where David Ortiz is like, how would you pitch me? And he starts to tell alec Mino starts to go through it, and then Pobby's like, get out of here. He's like and he just walks off. He's like, you're not gonna strike me out. Like those type of things like that is all really really good for baseball. It's just a shame that we only celebrate it in a all starter or championship type of way. We should do it all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, and not everybody has got a personality. Let's be honest, here's a lot of guys that are duller than dirt. You know that you just don't want to you know put that.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not gonna make those guys up. We don't have to worry about that. For every one of those guys, there's a Mookie bets, you know, right, like we don't.
Speaker 1: I remember back in the day, my favorite micd up thing ever was Jason Kipness when he was still playing on the Cleveland Indians at the time, singing Adele playing second base, and he was like, yep, I'm singing Adele right now. He was in spring training ahead of my dump and he was just singing Adell songs. That was my favorite thing ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm surprised the MLB network hasn't, or just MLB in general, it hasn't created some type of like special miked up feed. I mean, be a little dicey, but I'd like to see some of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's some really funny things that the chat to. By the way, about Mike Mayor being mean to some kid, I think it's just great, but it's not here to defend him.
Speaker 2: What a gimmick he gets to have and people will.
Speaker 1: Know full heel Mike Mayor. The MLB and MLBPA is discussing the rule changes for next year. They have forty five days to agree upon. The big giant bas is the pitch clock. All that stuff. Now, I went to the game where the pitchclock in summer set. When I saw a Volpie play a couple weeks ago, I loved it. It was great, kept the game moving, and there we was a crap ton of runs. I think there were sixteen runs in that game and it's still finished under three hours. And I'm like, tell you, this is great. I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing the pitchclock for quite some time. They've done it in the AFL, they've done it at the lower level.
Speaker 1: What a big deal, Like, it's just well when a guy shows down.
Speaker 2: This is what people get pissed off about, though, is when when the guys don't move it along and it throws a ball on the count and everyone's like what And you get fans pissed off because a guy is, you know, slowing down the game or whatever. I think it's great. I think it's fine. I think I've seen players adjust to it perfect. Okay, it's very very little impact on the game outside of speeding it up.
Speaker 1: Agreed, all right, also impactful. Drew Jones agrees to an eight point nine eight point one night. It's using million dollar bonus. Not too bad for mister Jones and me gonna be big star as well. She can be.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm keeping my eyes open in the bushes or when Drew Jones comes here to Phoenix. I don't know when exactly it's going to be. It could be Thursday. Complex Level starts back up tomorrow that I do think it wouldn't be in a game at this moment, though we would say it's been quite a few days in between. But they got Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I think next week is a real high possibility. I'm gonna watch though, because he could pop up and be a round camp and then he probably is gonna start getting in games. My assumption would be starting next week as easy as it goes. But these guys, you know what they always like to do. They like to bring the guys in, like parade them around town a little bit at a home game, and I don't know why they do that whole thing before they play. But him signing first is a huge, huge win, and I will be out, I can promise you if I know the day of the debut, as long as it's not this Saturday late. I will be at Salt River Fields and I will be there for his debut, and I will be there for quite a few games to watch Drew Jones as a diamondback.
Speaker 1: He's quite a talent. The question is, are we gonna see the talent of Jacob de Gram again? Simulated game moved to Thursday. He was apparently there being overly cautious with the shoulder soreness or whatever is going on here. Oh well, shall we get to see Jaob bagram pitcheon ending this year?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not gonna do this. Wow, I can't. I'm not gonna fall for this. I'm not gonna have this. I will not have this blasphemy. We've had enough. I've had enough of the injury thing where I'm like, oh, this guy could come back, and then he gets I can't be wrong about this one. I can't have the injury bug bite me on this one. He will be fine. They were being overly cautious. The big big marker here is is if he has this last little you know, start on Thursday, which they moved it to Thursday, as long as everything is okay and as long as he's not feeling any any more, soreness. He should go out have his last throw, and then we would get him most likely next week. If he doesn't do the Thursday one, I'm gonna have a little bit more worry because there's only so much more we can do with this. But I'm gonna say this is a very isolated situation and not absolutely panic and freak out on all my fantasy teams.
Speaker 1: And Walkee brings up a goo Pointyo should have traded him when they said he'd be back. Yeah, But the problem is, like I don't know what you can get for de Grom at this point, Like I don't know the market value for him is just all over the place, depending on this very eye of the beholder. I just wish the Mets would start to lie to me at this point, like just say he had a stomach flu or something and they pushed it back. I don't I would have nice, I just just lie to me, don't. I don't care, I don't. This is the one circumstance where I don't want the truth anymore about Jacob Grom because the truth is just depressing.
Speaker 2: The smart fantasy play. We can kind of like make this an overarching thing, like what Wonk's saying, the smart fantasy play is take these guys who have had some type of injury or you know, these super hype pushed up prospects. Anytime there is buzz around a player, and if your risk averse, one of the best things to possibly do is just go out and make the trade and get what you can. Maybe you win, maybe you lose, but at the end of the day, like you know, maybe you win in that they get hurt and you've got a bunch of assets. Maybe you lose in that they you know, come back and are really good. But either way you've minimize that win and loss. In this case, for me, this is just one I just don't agree. I wouldn't have done. I would take the risk. I don't think what you can acquire for Jacob to grom is I mean, I could be wrong. If someone would, you know, sell you the moon. I just don't think what you can get is worth giving up the risk of the potential number.
Speaker 1: Jacob being healthy. Is it worth trading him for Sean Manaiah.
Speaker 2: Not even remotely close. In my mind, I think that risk and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I'll take that because GM I mean even projections, which you know are gonna want to be a little bit stabilized, are incredibly aggressive on the back half of the year for Jacob de Grom. Looking over at the Bat, you can go take a look at Ariol's ATC. They're aggressive on maybe his a little bit less, but the Bat is very aggressive on Jacob d Grom rest of the season. And I'm gonna stick with that. And you know what, if anything, maybe I take this approach. I'm getting a tiny bit of a value. Maybe you have an owner that's absolutely gone, Oh my god, I can't do this. This is gonna be bad. Maybe I'm poking around, but I sure do want to see what happens on Thursday, maybe before.
Speaker 1: Any Lance mccolors. Also, by the way, Lance mccolor sighting Lily in his rehab assignment on Friday. I couldn't believe this one interesting because there's no room at the end anymore from the Colors in my opinion. So if you're looking at this rotation, you've got Verlander, he's pretty good. He ain't coming out. I know, You've got fran ber Valdez, You've got Garcia, You've had Oderezi come back, You've had Christian Xavier be excellent up until these last few starts.
Speaker 2: Or easy, he's easy to move out of that rotation from.
Speaker 1: The guy who's gonna pitch out of the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Well, well, you know what, here would be my one argument, with the amount of injuries that McCullers has had, why not put him in the bullpen for the rest of.
Speaker 1: The Well, I think that's what you're gonna see. I think you're gonna see mccullors and Christian Haavey are in the bullpen. And I think that is the reason why on tomorrow show, I'm going to be very bulsh about the Houston Astros getting to the World Series, because I think there's very few teams that are gonna be able to throw out those kind of arms. After throwing at Justin Verlander at you like, that's that's tough, man.
Speaker 2: I gotta agree with you on that too, especially if they can just maybe go get a little bit more thump in that lineup. Maybe there's a first basement that's out there available you get a tiny bit more thump to add to it with what is already. I mean, if you've put a five man rotation, there's much better. But if you lock them down into like the three spot and you got you know, Verlander and Framber and maybe it's Luis Garcia and then you're throwing out bullpens of you know, McCullers to Javier to Presley, they're gonna be really, really tough to be. They're a really good bet on the back half of it this year for sure, unfortunately for us.
Speaker 1: And they got an easy schedule too, Like I mean, look, it's always you can never have too much starting pitching. But I also wonder if mccolor's at this point is more a headache than he's worth. Like I wonder if he becomes a trade chip, like he comes back and then look good for a week and then you you know, it is something else.
Speaker 2: If he's one of those guys that's like mindesty with the Kansas City Royals where they're just like, you know, hey, we love him. But that is the perfect sat analogy, like we can't count on him, Like we can't count on him. I don't think they can. And that's why that's a guy that you can throw in the bullpen, get you two strong innings. Maybe be a back half guy, you know, maybe you piggyback like a Luis Garcia, and.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he's maybe he's a reliever like his daddy is. Daddy was a heck of a reliever for many years. Daddy braves, Yeah, Daddy and mccullors, I like this.
Speaker 2: Rizzi is a this idea right here, Josh Bell to Houston, that's the type of thing I'm talking about, Houston, go and get a bat like that and put in I like that scenario.
Speaker 1: That would definitely help both sides there. All right, let's talk about the top twenty five starting pitchers we have rest of season now, mine skewed. I have Otani as the number one overall player rest of season because if you have him as a pitcher and a hitter, how is he not the number one overall player? He is. So you'll see my ranks have Altani first, then a starting pitcher because I can't undo that they connect to each other. But rest of season, Welsh, I've got Garret Cole Verlander, Corbyn Burns, al Contra, Shane McClanahan, then Scherzer, Musgrove Woodruff, Max Fried, Kevin Gossman. So that's like the well, Otani's in that mix too. So Otani I believe is a pitcher. I had him right around the right. I think I had him at seven or eight. I actually might have been nine now that I'm looking at it. So those are basically the top ten when you throw Atani in there, who are your top ten guys rest of season?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: And I also tear them out on my ranks over it in this league. But I've got McClanahan at number one. I made that push quite a while ago. McClanahan number one.
Speaker 1: So you're not concerned at all about the second half fade at all. See that's the thing for me. I keep coming back to the second half fade of McClanahan as a distinct possibility. But you don't seem to a lot of people don't seem to be worried about that.
Speaker 2: Why well, I mean, of qualified highest K percentage, I don't see anything at this current moment outside of you could argue maybe any I don't know, I don't want to say shut shutdowns, not the word I'm trying to say, but like a management you on the back half.
Speaker 1: And maybe unsustainable ridiculously good numbers like that combination I think is a little scary. That's why I have down five, not.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, like got like Garrett Cole. Going back to the projections, Garrett Cole has the most projected strikeouts in the second half of this year according to the bat which is a big number, which could put him at the top. But my point when I said tears is he's a part of a tier, so you could move them around. I have a plan to hand at number one because I think he's been so dominant and he hasn't really shown any true signs of coming back. Number one strikeout picture. I love me some strikeouts, but I've got him, I've got Burns, and I've got coal, and that's an interchangeable tier in my eye.
Speaker 1: So I agree with that. I agree they are the three. Yeah, I have says my three as well. I got Cole, Burns Verlander as well, but I have a cold Verlander Burns right now.
Speaker 2: And I'm not one hundred percent concerned with Like, if you want to argue Cole is number one, I'm not going to disagree with you because at the end of the day, like, you're not trading one for one of those guys. And if I guess all it comes down to is if you were, let's say, going to do like a trade package, and you could acquire either Coal or McClanahan at the same cost. Then my valuation, you know, I probably would still leave McClanahan, though I'm with Cole. Four. I got Sandie o Contra five, I've got show Heyo Tani must grow Verlander, Max Schers, You're at eight, and I did make I put Jacob de Gram tentatively down at nine. With Dylan C said, I've.
Speaker 1: Got da Gram at twenty two until he gets on the mount.
Speaker 2: So we're on the other side of this.
Speaker 1: On the other side, nine is correct, But to me it's twenty two because even if he goes out there rest of the season, it makes three starts and then he gets hurt again. That's what I'm building into the ranking. I'm building in injured again because I think I have to at this point with Jacob, I think it's it would be somehow I would be doing a disservice to the audience if I didn't build that into the ranking rest of the season of him, and I think it sucks. I hate doing it. I feel like it's a fact of life at this work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't feel like it's a disservice because if he is out there and plays, you are going to see wildly under ranked parts for him, and he is going to insanely outperform. If he plays you at twenty two and me at nine is too low. If he plays the entire second half. The only marker we have right now is he missed obviously the first half and there's a little bit of shoulder soreness, and that is something that should make us hesitate. I moved it back before we started this because of the shoulder, but I don't again you say it's a disservice. I don't. You should know the implied risk. The implied risk is both sides. What's the biggest risk he gets hurt again, you lose him for the rest of the year, and we're all banging our heads against the table. What's the upside? He's the number one pitcher the back half of the year who was in minor league, starts throwing one hundred plus coming off of this injury, so he is tough. I think he's the most difficult of all of these to manage. And whatever side you want to be on, that's totally okay. I'm jumping in front because I am just way less risk averse. I play on the edge. I put my foot over the edge of the cliff a lot more than Joe or Wonky or anybody does.
Speaker 1: Here you go, that's a good conversation. All right, Let's go to the rest of your tiers here too, because after this you have Dylan Sees, Kevin Gossman, Aaron Nola Manoa, Wheeler Kershaw, Gielito Woodruff, Rodin Rodand's a little lower for you, which is interesting in Bieber. Why is Rodond so much lower? Is that just because injury history?
Speaker 2: Injury history, well, a little bit of injury history. There was some early inconsistency. He's been awesome as of recent The strikeouts have been there as well. He's a little bit walk especially if you look at like some of the top guys in performance. So you know San die al Contra rocking a two walk per nine. You got this huge, huge barrage of guys too, by the way, between like Nola, Freed, McClanahan, that are all those sub two walks. He's an over three.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The two top guys, the two top pitchers on this list that have an over three walk per nine are Dylan ceason him and that worries me as far as consistency goes just a tiny bit. I guess it's one of those things where it's like, I don't realize I hate him as much as like my rank does when I do it at the end of the day. But this is just once I put it out, I was like, oh, yeah, I guess I do have him a little bit lower. I'd moved a couple I have free.
Speaker 1: You've got him at twenty five. I got him at ten. That's a big difference.
Speaker 2: That's a bit. I mean, he's had a solid season. I just think it's continuously performing on the backup of the year. It's low strikeouts, I mean the under nine k per nine, which is something that's a little bit of a worry, a really really low home run total that I think could pop just a tiny bit. And he's got one of the few a lot of these guys you're gonna see with some inflated x fips. He's just another one of those. It's an over three x FIP from his two eras. So I don't know. I think there's some potential implied push back on the back half of this year. But again, this is one of those things where it's like I pushed him down, probably because I don't I pushed him down, by the way, He's in a tier of guys that are up from twenty to twenty five. It's a lack of strikeouts. I'm still a really good pitcher. I just think I'm a little bit off. Wonky has him at seventeen. I think I think I'm kind of close, but I guess so're just between us. I'm the lower ish man on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. The biggest riser I have is Jonathan Gray at twenty six. Overall, he likes strikeouts.
Speaker 2: That dude, that's a really big move for the second half of the year. You don't have any concerns with just the inconsistency of.
Speaker 1: The Roger concerns. But you know what, I watched them pitch and I just like what I'm seeing and I was waiting for this to happen. I felt like the early season, with all the injuries and the stop and start for him, he just never got into a groove. And I feel like he's getting to a groove and I think mentally for him, that's the biggest thing, Like he needs to mentally break into a confident kind of place, and if he does, I think we're gonna see the guy who was selected number two overall and how good of a pitcher he could. Because I was always in fine of John Gray, So this is very exciting looking at the overall ranks too.
Speaker 2: Real quick, cold, I want to actually ask you, I'm sorry, I didn't know if you were going to move out to this or whatnot. Talk to me real quick about Peralta. You threw Peralta back on this list. We obviously have questions on it. I'm just curious about that because, like, you've got major injuries there and you shot him as a top twenty five starting pittures is so.
Speaker 1: Major healthy and all the reports have been good, so he's working his way back. So I'm at twenty five, So like twenty five, twenty six, twenty seven, I got Peralta, John Gray, Manaia, and Chris Bassett. Like that's the grouping of pictures right there where I like all those guys. I feel good about them. But the upside, like you said, the upside of the Grom, the upside of Peralta for me, Like, OK, last year, how good he was this year? After those first shaky starter. Two he was so good, and then the injury came unfortunately, so fingers crossed and we're not worrying about innings anymore. Overall players again, if Otani is a hitter and a pitcher, he's number one. I have Soto to Josey Ramirez, three, Judge a Kunya Alvarez. Julio has made it all the way up to seven for me because I am in love with Julio, you guys, and I don't care who knows. Raphael Devers bets Cole. Then you have the Verlander, Turner, Burns, the pitchers and all that stuff. I have Lad all the way at sixteen. I'd rather have McClanahan rest of the season than Flat. Is that weird?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I don't know, it's not weird. It's just who did you say, who'd you say you rather.
Speaker 1: Have than Flaid McClanahan.
Speaker 2: Well, no, not having mcclanahan's not weird. But you haven't done at sixty. What's like a hitter that you have?
Speaker 1: Well, the next one is now. I mean the closest hitter is Trey Turner at twelve, I have, and then Lad at sixteen. Then there in between I think that feels right. It's gonna show me a little bit right now, Lad's in that, like, okay, let's let's show it. I'm always low on Trey Turner. Everybody knows this. It's yeah.
Speaker 2: I looked at your stuff. I was like, you're a little bit low.
Speaker 1: That's always me. That just he doesn't do it for me.
Speaker 2: I am quite a bit higher. I didn't. I don't have an overall to go through though. I was looking through my top ten.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe tomorrow. We're short on time anyway, maybe tomorrow will do your dynasty top ten or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, either one. I have a dynasty one all set up on overall. My positional ranks I do are my rest of season ranks are all positional, not necessarily overall. But one of the things I noticed is I was going to try to do this beforehand I put Turner in. I was like, wow, you and I are just astronomically different than Turner. I will say just I might.
Speaker 1: Have to revisit it, but I mean I'm always like this. I'm true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now I am with you. On the Julio front, I have him as the number two outfielder or number four outfielder rest of season, and you and I share a whole lot of these. I don't necessarily share the really really high one Soto front with everything that's going on with him, but I agree on the Alvarez, the Julio Rodriguez front. It's just Turner I think belongs in there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to bet MGM, the king of sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars, not two dollars. Ten dollars. I went two hundred on anything, regardless of the outcome. And look, we've got all kinds of fun things and props. We're gonna talk about a BETMGM, So you should go make that deposit when you sign up. Use that promo code leading off. That's what I did. I use our own promo code because I'm not stupid. I had ten dollars and I got my two hundred because they said I could do it, so I did it. I don't know why you guys have it yet, but again, free money is good. Download the BETMGM app or go to betmgm dot com. Also, I thought these were fun things here. Rest of season, we have some home run leader things. Aaron Judge is at minus one ninety five to lead the league in home runs, Kyle Schwarber at plus three fifty, Austin Riley is at plus fifteen hundred, which I thought was fascinating. Pete Alonzo at twenty to one trout and Stanton at twenty five. But I thought that the Alonzo twenty to one was fascinating number because we all know the polar Bear can go on a run. Austin Riley kind of interesting, could sneak in there because I feel like Judge is going, look, can't make money on Judge, so if you want to bet this, you gotta pick somebody else.
Speaker 2: Riley is interesting because he's close. The problem with Alonzo is he's nine off right now, So if you're gonna think you're done, you know, if you're if what was it? We were just looking at this the other day. I think it's eighteen homers projected second half almost in every single projection, sit eighteen to nineteen homers for Judge. So if you are already nine off, you would have to be looking. And let's say he comes back just a tiny bit, it's fifteen. You would have to get like twenty five home or second half for Alonzos. I don't like that one The Riley one is interesting. I don't view him quite as the same bopper, but he is six off from Judge. Schwarber has twenty nine to Judge's thirty three. That's probably Alvarez time.
Speaker 1: But like, if there's a guy who can go on a run, it's Alvarez, you know, Alvarez? Yeah, five bucks on this. Speaking of which, there's some individual props too. These are from FanDuel. You have Aaron Judge over under forty nine and a half home runs minus one ten is the juice you want to go over or under the forty nine and.
Speaker 2: A half absolutely smashing that over.
Speaker 1: Here's another one thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Who has that one? I'm gonna go bet that one.
Speaker 1: We're dandel right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go bet that one when we're done with this.
Speaker 1: For Jordan Alvarez or or Don Alvarez. How do we say it now?
Speaker 2: Because I'm old, Listen, it's it's supposed to be said like a Jordan, but nobody cares that it's that, and every human being says Jordan. I think this is turning into I haven't heard him talk on it. I think it's turning into an Eloy situation where like he doesn't care. Eloy is like it's technically Alloy, but I like Eloi as well. I don't mind. I hear nobody respect the Jordan Alvarez and everybody just wise it to hell. They're like Jordan Alvarez, So.
Speaker 1: They say, I've heard Alvarez number thirty seven and a half, also with the minus one ten over under on Alvarez.
Speaker 2: Ooh, thirty seven and a half. You're currently at twenty six, so you're saying eleven second half ones with a three forty seven.
Speaker 1: I like this one better than two.
Speaker 2: I do too. I like both of these. These would actually be too. I would jump on.
Speaker 1: This last one too. Mike Trout thirty three and a half. I like the under on this. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just I don't think I touch it. This is one of the This is one of those things. Maybe I'm uh I suck at because like I want to Pat GM, well, yeah, no, I understand you are. But it's like I look at a guy like Ja Gram and I'm like, holy crap, he's gonna be amazing when he's I want to play talent instead of holding back the same thing with Trout when he's there. I don't want to bet against him, but there's so much going on with him. I get your logic. I just won't mess with it because my brain would go, well, he's going to smash this type of stuff, but the injuries, inconsistency is how garbage that team is right now. I would pass on Trout. But I do like your logic.
Speaker 1: See I like the under. You're so negative and you're basically setting up my argument for the under. It's like yes, yes, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm totally agree with it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't want to make money on the negative. That's nothing. When I see something that's overinflated, I go, yep, that's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, he has twenty four and what's the number thirty three? So no, that is he would need ten homers on this. So you're betting nine homers or less.
Speaker 1: Fort I'm betting on the back of my trout not being a good thing.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm going It's not it's notts. Is it important?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Alvarez?
Speaker 1: Alvarez is my favorite of the three without I think it's smash over.
Speaker 2: I think I agree with you on that one.
Speaker 1: You could do that next month. I feel like you know you can hit eleven on runs in a month like that.
Speaker 2: Dude, get ready, fandule account. Money's coming your way.
Speaker 1: Go. But again, go to bed MGM and make your bets to get the ten for two hundred. There you go, let's go, let's get it in tomorrow. Tomorrow, we're gonna be looking at the divisions. We're gonna be looking at the playoffs. We're gonna be looking at World Series odds and all that stuff as we preview. We have games coming back tomorrow, so there'll be a light schedule. I believe right, it's not a full schedule Thursday. It's light schedule.
Speaker 2: I think it's yeah. I think you're right about that.
Speaker 1: It's a light schedule. We want to ease our way back, take our time. But again, this is gonna be a great show because if you recall, this was the show last year where I went on the Bryce Harper rant at thirty to one for MVP and we're ran.
Speaker 2: Do you anticipate a rant tomorrow?
Speaker 1: I can't see a world where there isn't a rant. I mean, it's gotta it's gonna it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be about Jacob de gram is shut down tomorrow and doesn't do his start. I'm gonna rant here.
Speaker 1: Here's tomorrow's day. Jacob de Gram gets shut down. I come on the show, I'm miserable, and then Juan Soto gets traded to the Mets. Later that afternoon we do we do a special addition of leading off where I'm at.
Speaker 2: He gets traded to the San Diego Potters. By the way, Bagman, I do the livestream on our twitch twitch dot tv slash. In this league, we have a Tuesday episode we call Fantasy Predictor. I broke down and we could even do it here. I've actually got some new additions to it. I broke down five to one Soto trade scenarios on that show, and I did all the prospects. I think that can be involved, so you can go back and watch and see what I did. But I think there are some new alterations by some new information that's come out that I might have some new adjustments to a few of them, and I'd be glad to do that as well.
Speaker 1: All the adjustments. Check out it TL for all that stuff for the Patreon and in this league, good stuff with Bogman and Welsh. All right, that'll do it. For us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P Well see you next time kids.
Speaker 2: Peace, SI the the Thing