Speaker 1: Welcome back to I Do Part two.
Speaker 2: It's one of your celebrity mentors here on the pod, Cheryl Burke, and today my producer, Heather wanted me to pop on the mic because she said she had some fun news to tell me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hate surprises, Heather. I'm literally look all yours God. Hi's Cheryl. How's it going good. It's been a while, I know, I know, since we had our really really sad Valentine's Day episode.
Speaker 2: Was that the last time that we did this together. I mean I talked to you after that, not.
Speaker 1: Me croock since then, but that's the last time the audience heard from as we were doing a really sad episode. I think that a lot of people ended up listening to a lot of single people. Yeah, I know that we weren't alone. We weren't alone, and we're not alone. But I wanted to kind of catch up with you a little bit before we kind of dive into that you know, little fun surprise that I said I wanted to talk to you about, but I wanted to kind of hear from you, and I know our listeners do too, about like what you've been up to lately. How have you been feeling Obviously, you've been getting a lot of press and like you know, been talking to the press a lot about what's been going on in terms of online stuff that you've been receiving. But I kind of wanted to know overall, like how is Cheryl doing?
Speaker 2: Did you also hear in the press that they asked me the big d question about dating? And I was like, no, we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: Well we're going to dive into all of that, of course, but tell me that right now, on this day, how is Cheryl doing?
Speaker 2: Cheryl is a little like I'm just like, I feel like I'm being pulled a million different directions. I'm also working on another which we haven't announced yet, but I'm working on another show and we're busy pitching that. But it's a whole di re vibe. Like I told you before, we press record here. So but it what I've noticed, the pattern has been me having to grieve whatever or however that may be my past. It is shoved in my face and I have to deal with it because I have no choice, right like, in order for me to move on. And a lot of what I just mentioned that I was doing has a lot to do with that, and I think will help me when it comes to my personal life as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of just wanted to talk to you about that because obviously it's the summer, right, summertime is a lock Girls summer, how Girl summer, but also wedding season, right. I know that you were just a part of your sister's wedding, and so I kind of wanted to know what that was like for you, as somebody you've talked about on this podcast that you've went through and you had the big wedding yourself, and the big wedding became an event for you and all of that. Now being on the other side of things and being a guest at a wedding and it's your sibling, what was that experience like for you? Did you have a date or were you solo? Kind of tell me a little bit about that. Yeah, I had a few dates.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, that doesn't even sound right couping out of my mouth, but okay, so a lot of things happened. One, I was a makeup artist, so I didn't have time to even do my own makeup, let alone. You know, I had focus on my sister, like I was her makeup artist for that weekend, I would say, because it was rehearsal, dinner and wedding I didn't have I was so I brought all of Sephora with me, and I filled my car up to the roof. Literally was like a mobile beauty department store. That was my actual car right driving from wherever I lived to the Bay Area checked in. Took me two days to unpack, literally, just my OCD was in full effect.
Speaker 1: So other than that and me thinking.
Speaker 2: I had appendicitis the morning of her wedding, thinking I had to go straight to the er, it was all smooth.
Speaker 1: It great. Be real with me for a second, though, because I went through both of my sisters getting married. We've already talked about this that I've never been married or engaged, and uh, you know one of those was a little tougher for me than the other. Really. Yeah, seeing my younger sister get married and ourt a family, and you know, my other sister been married, and you know, the kind of comments that I got at that wedding, Oh interesting, when is it going to be your turn? Always a bridesmaid, never a bride, Like these kinds of comments were to you, And so I kind of just want to know like even though you were totally in it and being an active supportive member of your sister's you know, thing like being there for the makeup. Was there ever any moments, either the drive up or sitting there were you where it was emotional for you in a different way?
Speaker 2: I think it was it's you are a personal thing with my sister and I and our We've gone through a lot with each other, and what was interesting.
Speaker 1: So so to answer.
Speaker 2: Your question if you're trying to ask about like did it bring up my ex husband or like that time together, No, actually not at all. I was really choosing to be present. I put my phone away. It was so emotional for the both of us because yes, we do have an age gap. I didn't get any you know, crazy Filipinos for my family come up to me and be like, you know.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? Like none of that happened?
Speaker 2: What was I think the emotional side was just my sister, Like I think of my little sister as my daughter, you know, And I don't want to talk more about it than what I am talking about, but like you know, there's just been very emotional between us. It's been a rollercoaster and you know, like anybody's relationship. We evolve and some people do it together and some people don't like when I tell you we were so close, like we would go on like extravagant, luxurious vacations when we were both single in the past, and and then you know, we all meet our other halves and stuff happened, and so like, it was just beautiful to be able to be present. And my sister has said something when I was doing her and my sister was so emotional, like literally it was just like and as she should be, right, it was her day, but it was a different type of emotion that I never actually felt. And since we were both single in France together popping around, you know, so it's like more of a family internal thing than it was, you know, so sad that I'm not married still type thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, was there any anxiety? I mean, I know I felt this before, having to go to a wedding alone, you know, having just been a table with people alone, having to hit the dance floor with people that you maybe don't know that wasn't the experience. You didn't have, no anxiety about being by yourself. No, actually love it.
Speaker 2: Now for my cousin's wedding, the first wedding I went to after like it was my first wedding that I attended since my wedding. Yes, definitely my sister. No, I knew everybody, you know, it was all of our friends and family, but I there were a couple of cute guys and there was this one single dude. Okay, there was this one single guy. When did you get there?
Speaker 1: Excuse what happened? Taking me through the timeline.
Speaker 2: So once I was done with my makeup artist duties, I was able to actually look up for my makeup brushes and I see other humans and so funny because strategically, I'm pretty sure my sister and her husband put me next to this one dude who's single, best friends with the groom and on paper, like I actually did ask about this guy soon after I got divorced, and I was like, oh, what's his deal? Because I always like saw him whenever, like he's gathering, like he's always bringing a new chick. And I was like, this guy, what's you know? He's a year older than me or something like that, and I was like, what's his deal? You know, like did you have a commitment issues? Like what's happening. First when I mentioned him, the response from my sister's husband wasn't like very responsive. So I was like, oh, maybe it's not Maybe either they think I'm not good for him or whatever. And now they kept like kind of saying. So like my sister goes, you know, I met my husband on Riyah, like, do you think you should? And I was like, no, I don't think I should, but you might convince me maybe later down the road, who knows, never say never. But she's like, and I said, but how about your the you know, your husband's friend And she goes, yeah, yeah, I'm single.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're ready?
Speaker 2: And I was like, if I meet somebody authentically like that, it's different, right, Like it's different.
Speaker 1: Than having to go on a dating app. I'm sorry, but would that not be the cutest story ever? Like it would until until we met at my sister.
Speaker 2: Until something happened and it was such a turn up and I don't want to say.
Speaker 1: It, Cheryl, you have to tell me. I can't. I can't, you can't. Err oh my god, Okay, you have to tell me later then, but I will. But it was nothing to do with me.
Speaker 2: It had everything to do with his actions. And all I'm gonna say is that I'm sober.
Speaker 1: Well, I can deduce right what happens at a wedding, you know, is people tend to I don't know. I don't know if this time is at a wedding. I hope it doesn't, got it. Okay, something happened not at the wedding that turns you off.
Speaker 2: No, it happened at the wedding, at the dinner, at the speaking dinner reception. Okay, we'll talk about it later. It's not my business to put it out there for sure.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't There wasn't a connection. No, there was there was a connection until that happened. Okay, Well, let me ask you this, Cheryl. First of all, I i've already I just gave you a hint. I'm sober, I know, And I was about to say, Cheryl, I commend you on your sobriety. You know that, Thank you. And I think that that is also for anybody that I know in life that is sober and in a partnership. It is something that I've had conversations about with people where I say, even if you don't have a problem, or your partner doesn't have a problem, but has chosen that style. You need to choose that lifestyle as well as being in a partnership with somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that he should have been so like, I'm not saying that, but there's levels.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, was this a moment of indiscretion that we were at something or were you like, no, this is probably a lifestyle difference. It's a lifestyle I asked, Yeah, it's a lifestyle difference.
Speaker 2: And if there were me ten years ago, it would be a match one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, kudos to you for recognizing that right up front, and who knows. It's a shame. But also maybe things change later on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then there's there's another dude. I'm not just it's not just one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So talk about that. What happened? So all? Okay?
Speaker 2: So on the during the rehearsal, like the actual rehearsal at my parents' best friend's home where the wedding took place, we were practicing these walkdowns and I was originally paired with somebody and then I got switched and I was like, oh rude, anyway.
Speaker 1: So cute, quiet, he was cute and quiet and yeah. So I asked my sister.
Speaker 2: Like, not obviously on her wedding day, but like, oh no. She brought it up when I did her makeup on her wedding day that morning, and she's like, what do you think of so and so? And I was like, yeah, like, I don't know. He seems really sweet. I don't freaking know. We literally were just walking elbow to elbow two seconds. I thought I was going a face plant. He saved my life and that was it. And she and I said, but doesn't he have a girl? I thought I saw him with a girl. She goes, yeah, but they've been fighting supposedly, you know, like Nicole.
Speaker 1: Just because they're fighting on that day, I'm not going to be the first of all.
Speaker 2: I'm no, I am not somebody's rebound, okay.
Speaker 1: But that's so funny. That's bringing up a memory of a wedding I went to as well, where somebody was like they're on the outs, blah blah blah, like somebody's still having one argument. And it was no, it was like people went like in on an argument at the wedding and they were like, yeah, they're on the outs, and so Anyways, what I'm hearing and what I'm liking about this catchup Cheryl, is that I'm open. There's a traction sparking for you too. Yeah I'm not blind, yeah, but like literally, Cheryl, I think six months ago when we were talking, you would be like hard pass like, no way, my eyes are down.
Speaker 2: I am not yet when you're talking dating apps or anybody in this business.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, but I don't think i've heard you express like even when I was like, what about a guy at the grocery store, You're like, I get my groceries delivered. It's true. I would say the same damn thing today is very true. But look, you went to a wedding. I had to go to a wedding, but there were two attractive men your orbit. So I think that this is a good sign. I think it's a good sign.
Speaker 2: But that's what I mean, just so you know, just so we are clear, this is what I mean by meeting somebody naturally like that, right, Like, I don't go to weddings.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not a makeup artist, nor do I ever. That was so traumatizing. I will never do it again. But I that's how you meet people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, I agree, I agree. I want to know. Like I said, we're halfway through the year at this moment, I want to know what kind of guy you are open to attracting into your life. I'm not gonna say the term looking for because we're not looking for anybody, but no, kind of man are you interested in attracting to you at this time? What kind of talk you about? Like material, no qualities, physical and personality wise? What are you looking for? What is what's getting your head to turn?
Speaker 2: You know how they say that you're attracted to your father or your dad.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe in that sentiment.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely, especially if you've been abandoned by your father. And yeah, no, I believe in it. Like I tell you, every man I've dated seriously has been has especially my ex husband.
Speaker 1: Identified my father.
Speaker 2: Okay, But like I was saying my therapist, she's like, can we start attracting taller men?
Speaker 1: But it's so funny because the guy that.
Speaker 2: I actually liked to had the girlfriend was also a surety shalloy listen?
Speaker 1: Short kings need the love to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just put a couple platform heels in there and look good.
Speaker 1: I like that you're do you, but also listen attract.
Speaker 2: That is just I'm not talking deep clearly right now.
Speaker 1: That is just straight up the distractions attraction, you know what I mean? For me, I might like make some people upset hearing this. In the ide part two world, I'm not really attracted to bold men. That's my thing, okay, And I don't think that that is I don't just I don't want to say discriminate against bald men, but I don't. It's not what turns my head.
Speaker 2: Sorry, But what if you're stuck in a line during a wedding and you're doing you know, I have to tell you like I did lately, and I'm very proud of myself for this. It's not about oh, what do you look like? Then I'll talk to you. It's more like, let me like we're just naturally talking as to people who are being sat next to each other, do right then, and then like, oh, this is what you physically look like, you know, because it's like that's when I'm then if the conversation is interesting enough, then that's when I'll take it up.
Speaker 1: Look right, yeah, I mean listen, yeah, you can be as a track.
Speaker 2: What I'm just saying, what if a baldy and you had such a deep conversation. I mean.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, I look, there's always a Jason stathum right.
Speaker 2: Joy Lawrence doesn't your pickle, not not personally, but I just today, but in the nineties maybe yeah, but he wasn't bald then, correct, I know now he's bald, said, but maybe he would have taken off your pickle.
Speaker 1: There's always a Jason Statham who like, is really rocking the bald look right, and like that's a thing and that's hot that. Of course, there's exceptions to rules. It's always about kindness first.
Speaker 2: So you don't like you don't like the bald that is being forced to be bald.
Speaker 1: I don't like receding hairline. I don't like you're real picky.
Speaker 2: Listen, so am I I love a girl that knows what you want personally.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's picky. I think that you know, I think I think you talk to a man any day of the week and he's going to give you a laundry list of what turns his net for a woman. So me being able to name one thing that I'm not interested in, I really don't ari I do part two. People, if that like is offensive, I'm sure anybody that is dating somebody that is bald, it's like, that's great for you. It's just personally not what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally now never say never again. If your conversation is so sexy that all of a sudden you look up and or you did love is blind and he was bald?
Speaker 1: Who knows? Or I'm fifty five and I'm still single and they're all bald. You know what I mean? Like, who's wrong with fifty five and single? I'm just adding years. I want to know what your.
Speaker 2: This is a dual conversation. Okay, yeah, because one hundred percent you're not interviewing me. This is not what we agree with. I am, we're catching up.
Speaker 1: I'm not in the market. What why are you taken? No, your girl is way too damaged right now to be getting in. That doesn't mean we can't have the conversation. Sure, I mean, listen for me. In my local area, I've said this so many times. I lived by a Whole Foods that gets a lot of traction. You don't instacart. I do my instacart and it's by the beach. And the first time I went in there. I was shocked at how many men I saw at the grocery store. I don't think I've ever seen that many men before at one grocery store. Single young men, I don't know it's single, but that amount of men at the grocery store, Oh, I've never seen it before. And it's every time I go there, every time. Who I should go to your grocery store if I ever go. But I'm just saying, like, I know that there's guys out there. It's right now, like I'm coming across so many right when I'm out in the world. Nothing is resonating with me right now. Are they flirting with you? No? No, No, I'm not talking to anybody, are they? No? No, Literally, the light bulb is off, like my tax serial.
Speaker 2: Light is off, and it is like, do not come near me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen, do I I don't think I'm giving like RBF like everywhere I'm walking. But it's just I know that I'm not putting out the signal that I'm interested. But you that is true.
Speaker 2: No, No, that is very but that is very true. By the way, we're all energy. So yeah, I was on that trains.
Speaker 1: I can tell right now in our conversation that you're putting out the signal, you're putting out the energy right now.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, I mean if it happens, it happens. Now, this is what I don't want. Are we ready tell.
Speaker 1: Me what you do want? I want to be positive?
Speaker 2: No yeah, no, no, no, because I don't know necessarily I can tell you what I don't want. I don't think I can tell you what I want to.
Speaker 1: Okay, get it sure like.
Speaker 2: I think it's a mix. Now, this is what I don't want because I I am. I don't want anybody with the track record of cheating.
Speaker 1: I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want somebody in the entertainment industry. I'm leaning towards now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say no one's asking im. Okay, I'm gonna say, as somebody that knows you that I think that you don't need another entertainer. Yeah, I think you still need somebody star. I don't need that that's still entertainment. I think that you need someone entertainment adjacent. I could see you being with a talent agent or a talent.
Speaker 2: Maybe yes, yes, yes, or an an entertainment attorney. Yes, even better that was my first and last date.
Speaker 1: Remember oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm just saying like that to me. Is it creates commonality in a yes, I agree, But all so, I do believe the sentiment a lot of times when you hear people say there can only be like one star in the relationship, and I really do think that. I do believe that you are the star when you're in a relationship with somebody. That's that is so true. Well, actually I wouldn't. I wouldn't help. Stars can change and have different times. But you, right now in this chapter of your life, you are the star. And you if you were to get into a partnership with somebody tomorrow, they would need to be supportive of that star right now in this chapter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because like it's exhausting, if it's competitive.
Speaker 1: You can't be in competition with your partner for the spotlight. That will never work. That's why they say opposites attract in that sense. And this is why I gravitated towards the quiet guy at the wedding. I fully get that, CHERYLD And I will tell you why I have never been attracted to the alpha male. I have. It's so weird, but never dated one always told people I am attracted to quiet confidence, and I tend to like a more subdued energy because I've dated the shot shots guy and the everybody party guy, and it's like, I don't like that guy. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: So funny that you say that, because I actually, initially I think I'm attracted to them. I never end up with them. One but two, I have only started recently appreciating the quiet The only confidence. By the way, there's only one way, and it's the quiet one. There really is, because the loud confidence is not so I could fight anybody about it.
Speaker 1: That's not confidence to me. I hear that. I agree with that. For me, I'm I'm really mellow in real life, you know, outside of work, I do not like to be in the mix, and so like a quiet energy is more what I tend to gravit towards too. Now, the problem with a quiet energy is they don't always make those first moves right, especially in the dating scene. It can be really hard sometimes for them to make the move. And personally, I've had to in anything that I've been in that's been substantial, I've made those first moves. And what's wrong with that? Well, now, in my reflective chapter that I'm in at this time, I'm wondering if I've ever been hoarded, and I don't think I have. Interesting. It's really difficult because so.
Speaker 2: It's not you mean on a deeper level like then not necessarily a physical like I guess reported meaning like making plans going out, like to dinner, him paying for it, him opening your door.
Speaker 1: No, that's happened. I'm talking about initial first moves. I'm now in the play Cheryl in my head where I'm looking back at everything in the rear view, and I'm thinking, did that person actually ever want to be with me? They never initiated the early stages of the relationship I did. Did I interesting? Somebody that was like open to it but like not really in it? It changes for you, Cheryl. Every day for me is a new trauma. But I are you in therapy? Yes, yes, Cheryl, yes, yes, yes, But I want to know. Okay, so we know that you don't want an entertainer. We know that you No, I never said that. I didn't say I don't want.
Speaker 2: I said I don't think I want, meaning like I keep going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Now again, if he is in.
Speaker 2: My zeitgeist, and we do have great communication and we have great conversations and there's an attraction. I'm not going to be like, oh sorry, yeah, I can't do it, you know, Like I'm just saying from what I did it again, this is all on the surface stuff like look at the end end of the day, I mean, this is why for me to is like be like a tall dark browd hair like it's just so miniscule as to what I really I really want to partner. I want somebody who balances We can balance each other out, but we still say as two individuals that is so important to me and that someone I need somebody that can also put me in my place sometimes because I can get you know, a little like whoa over bearing sometimes but not in a rude way, in a way where it's quiet, it's it's secure. It doesn't make me feel abandoned. It makes me feel like, first of all, nobody can make me feel anything, right.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Continue doing the work. But like he needs to be so like stable and confident that in a way where it complements the work that I'm going to continue to do for the rest of my life. And that's all I can say because it's so deep, it goes deeper, what about.
Speaker 1: Like financial stability at this stame, But that's all again that is just seeing on yes, yes, yes, all of it. I think that to me, Cheryl as somebody who you've done.
Speaker 2: So, but that's not what's gonna be like my very first conversation with the person, right like, either we're gonna talk, We're either gonna connect or we're not like whoever it is. And this is what I've also realized, no setting updates like I can't. This is what makes me not act authentic and what I know for sure makes the other person sing weird like for sure. And it's like if we meet in a group setting, like and this is why this wedding thing happened so great, like it was I mean in my head, but it was just like no pressure, there's no freaking pressure. We were there doing the same activities, but we were just there supporting the people we love, right like, and yeah, there wasn't the weird Let's go to pot Jay and I'm gonna end up not knowing what to order and then I'm gonna order what you have, Like there's none of that.
Speaker 1: It's just being weird. That's weird. Yeah, no, no, no, you kind of got my wheels turning though. Now, Cheryl, I want to know, out of curiosity, do you ever, like played pickleball or my mom does? Your mom does? Okay, she's not single. Have you ever outside of dance? Have you ever done like anything kind of athletic or sports like outside of dance?
Speaker 2: You realize that I was like the MVP of my basketball team? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh wait what No? I did not know this, but I'm just very act.
Speaker 2: My mom put me everything girl, like I went to tennis Stanford Tennis camp every freaking summer, like it was I was going to be a professional tennis player.
Speaker 1: Cheryl, So you can play tennis, which means I know what pickleball is. I know. I want to know, though. What I think is kind of cute about pickleball is it falls you know, say, I got competitive, We're trying to win. Okay, I love that. But what I think, as a non athlete, which is kind of cute about pickleball is it falls into that tennis category of like the theme outfit attire, like that whole part of it. You don't care and somebody who likes to make up and wears cute outfits and does cute videos. That is not something you like, I will I do I do now? But back then I was like, I'm gonna be Serena Williams. No, we're talking now. We're talking about the present day if you were to come. Okay, So here, I'm gonna just I'm just gonna rip the back.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is is this the big reveal, This is the big reut to commercial.
Speaker 1: We're cutting to commercial first. So we're doing a really fun Pickaball event in Tahoe next month, and honest, I Do Part two is gonna be there. So we thought, Okay, Cheryl's gonna be there. Who else from some of the you know, other fun kind of podcast that we do are going to be there? And then I had this really great idea because we had this really amazing guy on I Do Part two a couple of weeks ago, and I'm I'm going to just say there are some like cute, like little similarities that I'm noticing. First of all, first and foremost, how solicy I actually don't know that over my head, but I will tell you this, if you're where to goes what I really like about him and the possibility of you two getting.
Speaker 2: Along, like becoming friends.
Speaker 1: I said getting along. I didn't say anything else, like, well friends. First, he talked about doing the work, and I know that that's important to you and has been. Your journey is about being open talking about doing the work. So that to me. So he is divorced, and it's he does have two kids. Hold on, I'm gonna text you his Instagram.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, I already did it. You're following, by the way, ps, we're following each other.
Speaker 1: I love it. You're stupid, surprised you and your surprise.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should have gone with it because I couldn't anymore because I was like, this is the wait, don't we're following each other already?
Speaker 1: Wait? I love this so obviously, Listeners, we are talking about JP Rosenbaum, who was recently on the podcast. If you didn't listen to that episode, definitely go back and get a therapy session about him. Okay, but what I like about him, Cheryl and the possibility of there being a nice, you know, commonality between you two is one about how much growth he talked about on the pod about after his divorce and what that's been like for him personally but also in his co parenting relationship. I thought was really really cool. And then second of all, I don't know you. I don't know if you saw he's making headlines in this last week with his ex wife Ashley, because they just went on a really amazing family vacation with my kids and it was just the two of them, it looked like with their kids, and they were like posting and sharing about it, and it was just like really cool to see two parents that. I mean, you and I are both products of like you know, divorce and stuff like, and we know what that can be like growing up as kids. But we went on family vacations, though you did. I did not know.
Speaker 2: Well, we went to go visit my father at a strip clubs vacation, So I don't know how much that would be considered as a vacation.
Speaker 1: Family friendly or like a vacation does not Disneyland. I don't have those kinds of memories with my parents, and I think that that's something that's really respectable. Yes, And I think it's also a really good testament of being able to check the ego right, because that's a huge part is like he talked about how his ex wife is already in a relationship, and at first that shit, oh she's been yeah, because they've been divorced for like over four years now. Oh wow, yeah, so it's been a minute. He also said some really nice and respectable things about his wife, you know, new partner, and because that person is around his kids and stuff like that, you know, he's really really even keeled. So I really like that first and foremost even keed. How do you know, just because I think a man that is able to openly talk about that experience and have humility and grace when talking about their ex I think speaks volumes. That's what I mean. It didn't sound contentious, it didn't sound angry, it didn't sound dismissive. It sounded really nice, mature and yes, and like somebody like he said that don't work, you know, so yes, great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the fact that he has kids obviously is very it's good that that happens. You don't want people, you know, I've been witness to people catching each other when kids are around, and it's not necessarily the best environment.
Speaker 1: So you guys are following each other.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because we've had this discussion. Hey, hey, I do Part two. Folks, this is no surprise. I can't be surprised, as you know that. But anyway, since you mentioned his name, and since I got that lovely group text, of course, don't you know who you're talking to? I might as well be a private investigator.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love that. But like when we look at his Instagram, like, what do we haven't looked at it yet. I just started.
Speaker 2: I just pressed the follow button. Okay, it doesn't mean I'm scrolling.
Speaker 1: Can you look at it right now while you're on here with me. I can't really focus. I'm so bad at this. Okay, fine, as long as I can. I just want to know what your overall gland. What do you want me to look at? Specifically? Just look at his page and like what do you oh, you mean the aesthetic I can't do it aesthetic because his aesthetic is. I love that he's Jewish. I'm Jewish, you know that, right?
Speaker 2: I don't know I'm fifty four percent or no, sorry, fifty three percent Osazi. Didn't know that My father lied to me this whole time. Okay, rest in peace, my Jewish father.
Speaker 1: Do you love the fact that he's like, look, he's on a boat like he lives in Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well, no, if there's a connection in the woman, I shake this mean's hand. Okay, this is just all here, This is all great, book great. You know, I don't want someone to judge me off my happy Instagram either, Like this is not the real me what you see on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Okay, my god, he looks like my dad.
Speaker 2: He looks like my dad. He just looks like my father a little bit. He looks a little bit like my dad. I don't know what to say other than I clearly still have daddy issues. Jesus, Jesus, Yeah, he looks like my father. He really does look like my dad. Here, I'm not joking, not even a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm not kidding. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't mean I mean that means if anything, Oh, I got a chance. I can't do that whole Instagram thing. It really is just so it's like small talk. It's nasty.
Speaker 1: Let me say this clearly, by looking at the instagram. Right with the instagram, we know that he's a dad. We know that he's a dad Jewish and looks like my daddy. And so right off, right off the rit from that, have you ever dated a single dad? Is that something that you know? Have you ever dreamed of or thought of yourself being a stepmom?
Speaker 2: By the way, kids, well, I love that he has kids. Like that has nothing to do with anything. I mean, honestly, it's yeah, no, I don't. I always said that it would be great to have somebody who has already had the kids, because then I won't have the pressure of trying to have one or whatever it is. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, cool, So it's not a turn off. I like that. Nothing has been a turnoff yet. Cool. I like that.
Speaker 2: That's like, how optimistic I am.
Speaker 1: So what I'm what We're ski.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing anything. You're just don't live and get back down to earth. Okay, this is just two people that are single that you think would be a good match.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean it is. We're having this fun pickleball event in tom and there's going to be a lot of other people there.
Speaker 2: A lot of other people. Like was this guy at the bat I don't watch The Bachelor?
Speaker 1: Was he a bachelor? So he won the bachelorette so he wasn't the Bachelor? No, so he went on it. Ashley season.
Speaker 2: He it he.
Speaker 1: Married her, and the season was that, Oh my gosh, like five or something wow, like years ago, like twenty eleven, twenty twelve, oh or even before that. It's like, what does he do now? So he's a real estate developer in Miami.
Speaker 2: Interesting stick in he lives in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he didn't. He didn't stick into the reality TV world. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it he was a one and done kind of guy. I also love that he lives on the opposite side of Also, I kind of like that he's like in a beach and it's like, you know, I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I'm just no, I'm just saying that I think you should come to Tahoe. You should come to this pickleball event. Yes, I will if I'm available. Yes, And it's just a group thing. And I also, now that you've told me you are basically a tennis star, I feel like you need to.
Speaker 2: We're not announcing this, We're not gonna do you understand. I was in seventh grade, like, don't you dare.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying I feel like it's time to wear a cute outfit. It's summertime and you're gonna show me what's up times. I don't play tennis, I don't play pickleball. But anyways, it's got to shave it from Zara. It's in, it's in, it arrived. We've got to open the box. I'll leave you. I'll leave you with this. If anything that I feel like you and I have kind of learned in this last year is maybe to be a little bit more like our friend Kelly ben Simone.
Speaker 2: I love Kelly and just have fun, you know, hold on, I just need to ask, well, I mean, i'll ask her, but what what's the status of her and her dating life?
Speaker 1: I think she's just you know, having fun. A lot of these guys and she'll say this too, a lot of these guys have either dated somebody that she knows or you know, somebody that she was on TV with. And it's like, I understand, the pool gets really small when you get to be a certain age. That's another thing. But you know, she's gorgeous and she doesn't need to just be dating guys in New York. She could broaden the scope and like not be dating people that dated her co stars. And does she know that though maybe it's all in her. You know. Maybe you can tell her that when you guys talk, well I do, I do tell her. Yeah, I just think I'll leave you with that. Let's just maybe take a place, you know, out of Kelly ben Simone's book and just yes fun and go to this pickleball event. So I just love catching up with you today, Cheryl. This was so fun. I loved hearing just about that things are getting your attention now because I just think, like six months ago, you weren't talking like this. So I just like, I like this conversation today. Well, thank you, and you know what did.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure going to take a play out of fellow mentor Kelly ben Simon's playbook and just see what happens because you never know. And of course we're going to keep you guys posted on the pickleball events. My mom is going to be so proud.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So if you're ready to date again, maybe you are, maybe you're not, and you're just not exactly sure where to start, like myself, call us or email us. We're here to guide you. All the info is in the show notes. Follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review this podcast. I do Part two and iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.