Speaker 1: Your conscious mind has logic, Your subconscious mind has happened. It's all an illusion. It's all a program that we've created. It's not necessarily true.
Speaker 2: Are we able to change our subconscious one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Jim Curtis is a transformational coach, author, and hypnotherapist who has spent years studying how the subconscious mind shapes our reality, not just how we think, but how we heal, love, and create. He teaches that we don't manifest what we want, but we manifest what we believe our identity can achieve.
Speaker 4: It's emotion driven.
Speaker 1: Everybody has to just say one word and how they're feeling. So question everything because when we stop questioning things, and that becomes absolute truth. Questioning yourself, right, is this the right choice? As opposed to why did I make that choice? It's allowing you to control your own mind. I'm no longer a victim of it. Yeah, and instead its life is not happening to me anymore, It's happening through me. Anytime that we want to change our identity, just start to change the way that we use the word the two words I am, I'm.
Speaker 3: Rady w KA and on my podcast, A really good Cry we embrace the messy and the beautiful, iding a space for raw, unfielded conversations that celebrate vulnerability and allow you to tune in to learn, connect, and find comfort together.
Speaker 2: Jim, thank you so much for being here. I'm so grateful to have you.
Speaker 3: Have been following your work for a while, and I'm so excited to have this conversation with you.
Speaker 1: I've been following your videos and work for years. Have you Yes, Yes, I love everyone that you cut together, and I always thought you.
Speaker 4: Were so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully we'll be able to have some sort of humor in this conversation. I wanted to start off by asking you because I know a lot of your work, if not most of it, is to do with the subconscious mind. And I think I hear that word a lot, and I think people have, I'm sure heard the term, but I'm not sure people actually know what that means, Like, what is the subconscious mind?
Speaker 1: The subconscious mind is the level below your conscious mind, So some people call it the unconscious. But the school that I went to said, you're not unconscious. That's when you're sleeping, or maybe when you're sleeping, you're not even unconscious. Imagine if when we're sleeping, we're actually just going into a totally different dimension altogether.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So the subconscious mind is the level below your conscious mind, the autonomic nervous system. Some people even believe it's not even in your body or in your mind, it's just your energy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And is it something that we have the ability to control or have any kind of control over, or is it something that is beyond us We.
Speaker 1: Can control because we built it. It's a program, so we based on from zero to eight years old, when we were growing up, we'd have this emotion this is like real emotion and drop into our subconscious mind and become a belief, and then that belief creates the program that runs our conscious mind. We think that our conscious mind's in control, it's like five percent of our decision making and nine is a subconscious No.
Speaker 3: Way, And so what I know, you just mentioned a few things, But what from the moment we're born to our adulthood creates our subconscious Like, what is it that's impacting our subconscious to make.
Speaker 1: Our teachers, our parents, our older siblings?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: You know that's what people talk about generational trauma too, that this is like the trauma from even our genes, even just goles down, or just learning from our parents when they tell us, hey, money doesn't grow on trees, and all of a sudden, we have this belief that we have to work really hard for money in that where like it's hard or not good enough.
Speaker 4: It's a big one.
Speaker 2: And so is it our automatic reaction to something?
Speaker 3: Is that how the subconscious would present itself on a daily basis, Like would how on a day to day basis when I'm walking around, how does my subconscious come out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So it is very much so like have you ever had a reflex you drop your keys and all of a sudden you care from really quickly. That's your subconscious Your conscious mind has logic, your subconscious mind has habit.
Speaker 3: Your conscious mind has logic, and your subconscious mind has habit. Yeah, okay, And then are we able to change.
Speaker 2: Our subconscious one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: And what are some of the practices and tools that we would be able to use to be able to do that?
Speaker 1: So we've been programmed, right, All this stuff is programmed subconscious mind, and then the program runs and we start to live that we believe it's reality.
Speaker 4: So just change the program.
Speaker 1: We have to recognize that it's all made up, right, It's all an illusion. It's all a program that we've created. It's not necessarily true. So we start to think that the subconscious mind is really true, like our identity. We have to be this person, it has to be and my pain is real and all these things are real.
Speaker 4: So the first part to actually.
Speaker 1: Changing the subconscious mind is realizing that.
Speaker 4: It's all an illusion, it's all fake.
Speaker 1: And the second part is to say, okay, what is what am I aware of? What can I be aware of? And it's like, I don't really know what my.
Speaker 4: Programs are my subconscious mind.
Speaker 1: We all you have to do is look at the results in your life consciously and what are you getting. Are you really good with organization? Are you really good with meeting new people? Are you really good with love? Are you really good with parenting? Are you really good or are you really bad at some of those things? And you got to see what your beliefs in your subconscious mind are. So that's awareness, and the next part is when you go in to actually change it. You can actually start to talk to yourself differently because your subconscious mind is always.
Speaker 3: Listening, right, and then you mentioned awareness. Now, I think a lot of people can go through the day me included for a lot of my life where I didn't actually know parts of myself, I didn't know what I was good at wasn't good at. I found it really difficult to become aware of who I was and you know, let alone my subconscious self or my day to day stuff. And so what are some techniques day to day that someone could be using to start at that first step of just being aware, Like, how do I become aware of my subconscious and myself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's emotion driven, So just being emotionally Like what in some of the groups that I do, everybody has to just say one word and how they're.
Speaker 2: Feeling right in the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some people like I feel good, I feel great, I feel whatever. Those aren't emotions, right, So there's like four thousand emotions that we can possibly have when we start to live in these like five emotions or six emotions of I feel angry, jealous, whatever, happy, excited.
Speaker 4: There's so many more emotions.
Speaker 1: So when we come up present to how we're actually feeling and being able to express it, and we can build awareness how.
Speaker 4: Did you do it?
Speaker 3: By one sitting with myself in a lot of silence, like really listening to what my mind is telling me. I had to do that a lot to you know, whenever I would ask other people to input into my life, or whenever I would ask someone else to make a decision for me, I had to really sit and think, but why am I not able to make this decision for myself? Like what is it that's stopping me from believing that I can do this myself? Believing that someone else has a stronger hold or a stronger understanding of who I am?
Speaker 2: And why do I feel that way?
Speaker 3: Because obviously there's a deeper rooted issue for me to outsource what I should be doing for myself to other people. And so I had to spend a lot of time listening to the words that I was saying to myself, because a lot of what I was outputting was based on the things I must have been telling myself for a long time that you can't make your own decisions. If you do, they're probably going to be the worst ones. Your mum knows you better than you do. Your system makes better decisions, she's smarter than you. Well, what of those things were Yeah, I didn't realize that they were playing in my mind constantly, which then meant the output or the questions I was asking or you know, if someone would ask me a question, the first thing I would do is look to my husband or my sister for them to answer it, even if it was about me. I noticed only when I saw someone who I felt was so confident and had so much self belief and help themselves. So you know when someone walks into a room, when you feel the energy and you're like, that person feels confident, not even by what they're saying, but by the energy that they're carrying.
Speaker 2: And I was like, how does someone even become like that?
Speaker 3: And I realized it's like firm faith and belief in their own powers, their own abilities, their own voice. And then I found ways to slowly strengthen.
Speaker 2: That in that way.
Speaker 3: But it's really, you know you were saying, it's a habit, Like the subconscious is a habit, and for me, I find it so easy to slip back into it, even if you've created new pathways. If you get put into like a specific environment, that.
Speaker 4: The trigger that's Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, what the thing that I heard you say? Though, is probably the most important way to change your subconscious mind, which pot what I heard you say is I started.
Speaker 4: To question it.
Speaker 1: Right, So question everything because when we stop questioning things, and that becomes absolute truth. And there is no absolute truth. Everybody has their own truth. I remember a Buddhist teacher of mine said, you know, when you look out at the Hudson River in New York City and at twilight and the sun is setting, and you can see the twinkling on the right waves in the middle, and so serene and so beautiful that you just want to get out there and touch it. Is that reality or not? And one person may say, yes, it's absolutely gorgeous, right, and another person say, when I went out, yeah, it's so gorgeous. I wanted to swim out and touch it. And it became the worst nightmare of their life.
Speaker 4: So they could.
Speaker 1: Drown the currents and they realized that it was just an illusion. There is no truth. So questioning everything like you just started with, I scided, why did I ask myself these things? Why did I act like this? And so this starts with.
Speaker 3: The question of why I wonder if Sometimes with that kind of mentality where you're constantly questioning yourself. There can be this weird thin line between where it becomes a little bit obsessive and a little bit like is this real?
Speaker 2: Is this not? Should I be believing this? Should I not?
Speaker 3: How does someone actually know what their body's telling them, what their mind's telling them, is truth or not? Like, how do you distinguish between the truth? Yeah, or reality and illusion?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's that's a great distinction, right, because there's a difference between questioning yourself and being inquisitive. Question. So here's the distinction questioning yourself?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Is this the right choice? As opposed to.
Speaker 4: Why did I make that choice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was the impetus? As opposed to is this wrong?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: When you have confidence in your authenticity and you say, Okay, I'm authentic, I'm confident, I make choices, it's all going to work out. Even if it doesn't work out, right, I can't do it wrong. Now, what was my driver of that? That's the question as opposed to did I make the right decision?
Speaker 3: What were some of the things that you noticed as you've gone through this journey of obviously awakening your subconscious or becoming aware of it. What were the biggest benefits that you found in your own life.
Speaker 4: So many things happen right.
Speaker 1: I didn't become a stuck identity and the stock identity says, you know, I'm a Wall Street trader. I live in New York City. You know, I have these friends in this life. And so as I started to realize that, oh, my subconscious mind can change, I don't have to be limited by that. I can have whatever I want, and I can change my identity. I don't have to be that identity all the time. And so I could be different and that's okay. And if people see me differently or like say, no, that's not you, then I can be confident enough to say, is it's so true?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I think so many people don't change who they are because they're worried about other people perceiving the way that they're they've done a drastic change. I remember, even for me when I were I always used to think when I got into my spiritual practices and when I really changed the way that I was living, the first thoughts I had was God, I met the people I went to high school with must be high school with must be laughing at this, or they must be thinking, oh, she's can't be like this, or she must be faking it, or how did she turn from this person to this person? And so much of I wanted to hide so much of what I was changing because I was worried that I was going to be seen as someone who wasn't actually living it, or wasn't actually that is impossible for this person to have changed.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear.
Speaker 3: Your journey that you went on, and you know, you mentioned Wall Street, and I would love to hear how you went from being on Wall Street or maybe even before that, and what brought you to this path and this journey.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say before you say that is the one thing that I hear from most people that are trying to change their career is that they're afraid that.
Speaker 4: You know, people are going to say, who are you to do that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Coaches are spiritual people like who are you? What are you? You know? You the Buddha?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bodies once you get over that, you know, it's kind of the idea of surrender and radical acceptance. Once you get over there the mel Robbins let them of it all.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, then you can do it.
Speaker 1: But with me, it started I was a Wall Street I was on Wall Street as a trader on the floor of the American Stock Ischine, and that was a really tough job, but that was kind of like the identity that I wanted. I wanted to be like this one trader, Yeah Street exactly. And then I just realized it wasn't for me. But I stuck with it longer than I should have because my family thought that that was a great job and it was just like so I stuck with it. But then I realized, you know, I can make a change that wasn't for me, and I went to work for a company that I was trading and they were a health driven company. I remember going from the wall the floor of the stock exchange, which all guys very masculine, very macho like yelling and screaming, to being in like a loft and soho and like bean bag chairs and people taking breaks from naps have fun.
Speaker 2: That was like a great environment.
Speaker 4: It was the best.
Speaker 1: But I also thought it was kind of weak or wimpy at the time, and then I realized that was you know, you don't have to be in pain to be successful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: During this time, I had a health issue and which was progressing really rapidly, which was from an undiagnosed.
Speaker 4: Tumor on my spinal cord.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And so it was a lesion, So we didn't know what the cause of it was. I just knew that I was getting sick and more paralyzed by the day, and so I was trying to ignore that and all the symptoms because I couldn't deal with.
Speaker 4: The pain of it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oddly enough, it drove me to work for more and more health companies to help, you know, build companies like web and d and Everyday Health and Remedy health media and yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't until I really started to focus on myself and tell this story and I'm telling you now that I actually got some acceptance and I could become my authentic self. And when that happened, then I started to take care of myself more and get better.
Speaker 3: How has that change in mindset helped you through any pain that you've had in your life physically or you know? The change in you obviously went through the whole process of removing the tumor.
Speaker 1: I assume or no, it was that it couldn't It was on my spinal cords, so it couldn't be removed, so I walk with a limp now.
Speaker 4: So it's just it is. But there was a lot of pain that went with it, of course.
Speaker 1: Like extreme pain, yeah, physical pain. And that's gone now really Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the only way.
Speaker 1: That I can understand that it's gone is because I've released the emotion of it. I've released the I've accepted it. It's no longer I'm no longer a victim of it. Yeah, And instead it's life is not happening to me anymore. It's happening as me through me.
Speaker 2: It's actually so beautiful or to think that, I know, you talk about how everything ends.
Speaker 3: Up being an illusion, like most of the things that we experience in life is an illusion. And what I took from it was you have the ability to change your reality. Like everything that's happening to you or around you, you actually have the ability to shift it, to change it, to receive it differently.
Speaker 2: Yes, could you share I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure you've had lots of clients you know, that have come to you for things like this. Could you share some everyday illusions you're seeing that people get stuck in or have the belief of on a daily basis, that that stunts them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a couple very I calm, transactional. Everything is based in fear. Yeah, everything is fear. Everything that we do in life is either overcoming fear in some way, Fear that we're not good enough, not capable enough, fear that you know, we're not going to have what we want, that we're not going to be more of of it. It's just based on our primal drive is fear. So everything that you do and that you're not axed, you say what am I afraid of? And when you answer the question, what am I afraid of? And then what would I do if I wasn't afraid?
Speaker 4: Then you figured it out. So most of it's around.
Speaker 1: I get a lot of people that say I'm stuck, and I was like, are you stuck? Or really, I think there's something different. Perhaps you're not stuck at all. Perhaps you're just afraid. So changing the word from I'm stuck to I'm afraid and then what because I'm stuck is ambiguous, right, you don't know how to change it? Yeah, I'm afraid. It's like, oh, I can change fear. Let's see what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of taking the step to get a divorced I'm afraid of taking the step to make a commitment to this step, to go in front of an audience and be the coach that I want to be. So there's transactional fears.
Speaker 2: The transactional fears are all to do with I call.
Speaker 1: Them transactional which are like fear of flying, fear of snakes, fear spiders, those kind of things.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I can remove those rapidly. And so there's a woman.
Speaker 1: I just at my last workshop. She was afraid of snakes. Yeah, and so we had to get to the real point of it, like why are you afraid? What's the who cares if you're afraid of snakes? Don't go near snakes?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And so the issue was that she was fearful, that she was weak in front of her husband and her son because they like to go hiking and she couldn't go right. And then she was fearful because her grandmother the program put in a fear of snakes when she was a child. So we went into hypnosis and within five minutes she was no longer a fear of afraid.
Speaker 2: Of snakes, no way.
Speaker 1: And in fact, that weekend she went on three large long hikes and now she's reporting that, you know she can. She's hiking with her son and zero fear.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something that could have yeh, something that was taking away closely time with people that she wanted to spend time with. Yeah, it no longer affected her.
Speaker 4: You don't hear another one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to.
Speaker 4: Jack Osborne, Osborne's son.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He and sorry Jack, if you listen to this, I'm telling your stuff. But it was on his podcast. So he's afraid of spiders, okay, and it kind of went back. We found out the program in his childhood that made him afraid of spiders, and we went in and within five minutes kind of changed that. And I said, you know, how are you feeling about spiders now? And it's like they just you know, I feel like laughing because we put in joy and we put in laughter instead of fear around these spiders.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me more about hypnotherapy because obviously it's such a powerful tool. You're able to help these phobias or these fears within five minutes using this practice. For people who think hypnotherapy is like woo woo, and so you know, not real, could you because you know a lot of the time people are watching it through through social media. They're watching people have, you know, having hypnotherapy sessions online where they're not actually experiencing it. Could you explain how hypnotherapy works and kind of take away the myth of it being like like a magical thing, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it is magical too, Yeah, but for all the skeptics out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So hypnotherapy gets to the greater thing.
Speaker 4: Those are the transactional.
Speaker 1: So with hypnotherapy you can go from the transactional of I want to remove that fear to a broader, bigger, life changing identity change, which is I'm good enough, right, I don't have to be afraid of not being good enough. I can be my authentic self because it's enough, and therefore we can get to what we want most, which is love.
Speaker 4: And so through.
Speaker 1: Hypnotherapy, it's mostly talk, right, We talk. When I do a session with clients or my groups or anything like that, they're hours long and we only go into hypnosis for like the last twenty minutes. So it's allowing the conscious mind to tell your subconscious mind. Because we can direct our subconscious mind, it's like it's just there to take orders. Whatever we ask it to do, it will find out how to do it. So it's allowing us to get into a state we call it the alpha theta bridge into a theta state so that we can make changes to the program. And it's not like the here's the myth that like you're unconscious, that it's mind conreuer.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that you'll act.
Speaker 1: Like a chicken up on stage, which you can be, but that's not therapeutic in any way. You actually want to be in a place where you are aware of what's going on. So it feels as though you're kind of just in a really relaxed state. And it's it is not mind control. It's yeah, maybe it is my control. It's a little minctrol. It's allowing you to control your own mind.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, I imagine when you're you're saying you're in a relaxed state, which essentially means like I think about when you're even getting injection or something, and they're like, you need to relax your hand to allow the needle to like even get into your body. For it to work, you need to relax your hand. So imagine the subconscious mind. When you were saying that I was imagining that if you're in a tech because I was going to ask what type of people have you noticed it doesn't work on?
Speaker 2: And in my mind, I thought, maybe they're.
Speaker 3: The people who are really like they're blocking, they're blocking the they're protecting, They're trying to create a barrier around their subconscious mind to not allow someone to enter.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, right, Yeah, we're so powerful. Yeah that if you don't want it to work, it won't work.
Speaker 3: So with mental health and with you know a lot of the mental health disorders, do you think something like hypnotherapy is a useful tool in that, whether it's OCD or whether it's deep anxiety.
Speaker 1: I think there is so many different tools that help people, but I think a lot of the traditional therapy just focuses like rehashing the past. Yes, and as you read, that's why people are in therapy for ten years and keeping and they don't really see much change in their life.
Speaker 4: Right, It's time to stop rehashing the past.
Speaker 3: I was just about to ask you whether you think it's possible to train your subconscious mind or change it without having to do years of therapy.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and I'm seeing it.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm able to do that. I was able to do it myself and able to do with my clients. I mean the most powerful people like Joe Dispenser and Tony Robbins who are kind of like have you know, partially my teachers. They they can do that really powerfully, so that you don't have to dwell on the past. It's over, it's done. Looking in the rear mirror is important, but driving in it and it is really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whenever I watch Joe Dispenser's stuff and I hear people's feedback, it's amazing how much physical pain is held in the body just through what you're holding in your mind, Like the amount of physical pain that is manifesting in someone's body but is actually linked to their fears, their anger, their emotions that are actually being held in their heart or in their mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I released all my pain just by releasing those things.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned the Buddha.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that you've been studying Buddhism. What were some of the most beautiful kind of ideas or principles that you learned when you were studying different philosophies.
Speaker 1: I've and even in high school, I went to like a Jesuit high school. Yeah, we had theology classes of different religion and beliefs really interest me, but Judaism and Buddhism interests me the most.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of crossover there.
Speaker 1: But this idea of living in some sorrow, this suffering of life, and like what does it all mean?
Speaker 4: And well how do we get out of it?
Speaker 1: Is the biggest thing for me because it's all all in our mind. Yeah, and once we can go within and relieve the suffering, the some sorrow of our mind, like these thoughts that are creating the beginning and end of all suffering? Is that was so transformational for me?
Speaker 2: Was there daily practice at all?
Speaker 3: Do you have daily practices that you do to help with maintaining this mindset well that people can incorporate into their day to day life.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It started I guess twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: I went to.
Speaker 1: My first Buddhism class and we went in and we did the Metabhavna like this loving kindness?
Speaker 4: Did say that?
Speaker 2: No? Say that again?
Speaker 4: Is how did I say the mena Bhavna? The Meta?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of that?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the loving it's it's the meditation on loving kindness mon.
Speaker 3: Above no, maybe mone like mon Abovena. Yeah, yeah, maybe, I'm sure you know, I'm sure you're right. I was just trying to make sense of the words from what you mentioned. Money means mind and bavna means love. So yeah, okay, wonderful.
Speaker 4: Likely I got that pronunciation.
Speaker 1: So that changed my That one meditation really changed my life.
Speaker 2: And what does it take you through? What does it do?
Speaker 1: It takes you through this visualization of sending white light love from your body to your child self, to friends and acquaintances, to.
Speaker 4: Strangers, to enemies.
Speaker 1: And then to the universe and world itself.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, beautiful.
Speaker 3: I think Jay actually did that in one of his shows where he was going taking people through that practice and remember feeling this like incredible energy of everybody doing it at once, all in one room, and it is so powerful, like it's such a beautiful practice. I didn't realize that it was a common meditation.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I did that for years and it changed my life. That was one of my practices.
Speaker 2: And that's something you could do every day yourself.
Speaker 4: Do every day, do every day this?
Speaker 3: And what are you saying in your mind when you're in this practice? So you're sending love to different parts of you, your body, and then you know, emanating out into the world. Is there anything that someone should be repeating in their mind as they're doing it.
Speaker 1: I don't think that you need to repeat anything in your mind. I think it's and you don't have to steal your mind. One of the things that I say a lot of my meditations visualizations is that your mind may wander or wander, but you'll still listen to every word. Yeah, because whether you're thinking, mind is thinking. It's a little bit different than the meditations of just letting it go. Yes, they come in and let it go. This is allow your mind to visualize that that energy, that beauty, that love, because it amplifies your own energy.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so doing this meditation practice mon above not And then is there anything else that you recommend?
Speaker 1: I recommend of the things that I do that I recommend really visualizations. Most of it's visualization of what you really want. So a lot of people have trouble with that because they visualize being happy or whatever it is, or.
Speaker 4: The money that they want. But what is it that you really want?
Speaker 1: So I'll ask people a lot what do you want? They really don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say, it's hard sometimes people, it's really difficult to know what is it that I actually want?
Speaker 4: What do I want?
Speaker 2: Is it based on what other people want for me?
Speaker 3: Is it based on what I've seen other people being happy doing?
Speaker 2: How do I figure that out? What is it that I want?
Speaker 1: So the exploration that's part of it. Every day, it's like, why do I really want? Let's start small? Why do I want for today? Okay, that's not coming. Let's get very specific. So the universe, this illusion that we're in, we can create anything that we want unlimited. The potential is unlimited as soon as we figure out what we want. So let's start eliminating. What don't I want. I don't want to be overthinking today. I don't want to be, you know, upset. I don't want to be angry with my spouse and my partner. Now, what do I want? Let's think of something that I really want to find. I want to find a yellow butterfly. Okay, so how do I just start small with that. I'm going to write it down on a piece of paper. I'm going to tell my subconscious mind that I want.
Speaker 4: To see it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to bed, and I'm going to sink it in the data state that I'm going to see a yellow butterfly. I guarantee a yell butterfly. It's going to show up in some way, form or shape.
Speaker 3: I love that you said start with even today, like what do I want today? Because I think, like you said, most of us will say, I just want to be happy, I want to feel I don't want to feel sad or I you know, we think about these big emotions and we generalize that feeling into like I just want to be happy. But then if you're someone, well what is it that makes you happy? They may not even know what it is that makes them happy?
Speaker 2: Like how?
Speaker 3: And so to figure that out? Even if it starts with that my crow, okay, today, what would make me happy? If I visualize my whole day, what is it going through my day that would make me happy? Okay, smiling at someone and receiving a smile back that would make.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? Start small like, yeah, well, the smallest things are the best things. It's the ultimate currency, right, It's the smallest thing. So we start to say, okay, now I can't even cultivate that. I'm so you know, I'm in a state where I can't even cultivate that. So we start with gratitude, right, So what's the one thing that I can be grateful for today? And even if that feels mundane or it's not resonating, your subconscious mind knows that it's safe, because ingratitude is safety.
Speaker 3: Yes, definitely, I think people get really tired of hearing this, the grastude, grastud gratude, because it's, you know, such an overused word. But actually, even if I think it's better that something positive is overused, then all the other negative things that could be piercing through our mind through social media, through everywhere else. So actually, even though this gratitude I feel like we hear it all the time, it is actually such like it is one of the deepest words that we need to have in the front, nor even on the back of our mind, in the front of our mind every single day, every single moment to be able to transform it into something that you know, to be able to transform a part of your day that feels either blah or negative or unexpected into something that can feel brilliant in your life. And so, yes, it might be an overused word, but it is such a powerful word that should be used every single day. You should have it in your mind every single day.
Speaker 1: The practice of it is the most part. It's also water seems pretty mundane, doesn't.
Speaker 2: It, right?
Speaker 3: Exactly without it you die, yes, exactly quickly.
Speaker 2: It's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd prefer to have like a fruity beverage or literally water is we think, unless you're in a country where there is not clean water, then it is the most powerful thing and the most mundane things, and we overlook them because, you know, we think that it's too.
Speaker 3: Easy get excited about the little things. That's honestly a big change that I made in my life. I don't even know whether it was conscious or not, but I think it was a conscious thing, like just to be so excited by the things that I do every single day, like whether it is and you know, after being in having I travel quite a bit, but especially when I go to India specifically to do with the water you mentioned it, and for me, you know, the clean water you get comes in plastic bottles.
Speaker 2: You can't drink from the taps there, And so when I would.
Speaker 3: Come back home, I'd be like, oh my gosh, it tastes so good to have this water and it is so amazing. And so every single day now when I have a filtration system, I'm so grateful that I have a filtered water system. I'm so grateful that when I drink water, I don't have to think about whether it's going to.
Speaker 2: Harm me or not.
Speaker 3: And so even in the day to day things of what am I eating and oh my gosh, this is We're so lucky to have this beautiful food in front of us, or the water that we're drinking, or the movement that you get to have in your body, like, there's so many things every single day to live in gratitude for that. I think it's such a if you're waiting for the bigger moments to feel gratitude, you're not allowing yourself to be in a state of gratitude until something huge happens. Here's a sad life to be that's like a sad life to live with that.
Speaker 1: But sometimes we started wearing so much pain that we can't even trying to figure out the gratitude.
Speaker 4: We can't, right, we can't.
Speaker 1: But that's when I say do this, which is create more pain for yourself, like going to India and not being able to drink from the tap. That created some sense of pain, worrying whether you were going to get sick or not, and then when you came back, you received it in gratitude. You ever see those guys that put on the blindfold and go into darkness for like a week. That's painful, and then all of a sudden you take off the blindfold and the beauty of the light and everything that you see, the people who are weeping and so Vie beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what is it? So?
Speaker 1: I made the mistake of reading an article about myself, I think from some London news. Oh no, he says, like Jim Kurtiz prescribes the most woo woo things. But I said, if you're not grateful for your feet in your legs and just not even recognizing how easy it is for you to walk, try putting a stone in your shoe, just for a couple of hours, Yeah, and then take it out and you'll be so grateful that pain is gone.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Yeah, And it's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 3: You know. You said, sometimes you're in so much pain that you can't feel gratitude. As someone who's obviously been through physical pain a lot of the time. Even if I talk about, well, you don't have children, so you don't know how this feels, or you don't you haven't been through this, so you can't say that I should feel this way. And so it's someone you know, not that it's a blessing, but as someone who's been through pain that can really help guide people through it. What would you say to someone who is in a lot of physical pain, Because I do think physical pain can take us away from our spiritual practices. It can take us away from our gratitude, It can take us away from being able to function. And so for people who are going through physical pain on a daily basis, whether it's through arthritis or something a bit more serious, what are some things that they can do, Like how do you move away from that pain and into gratitude when it feels so far away?
Speaker 1: Yeah, physical pain is the most overwhelming thing because all of a sudden, nothing is important in it. Yeah, right, if you've ever so, whether it's an illness or even if you've just had back pain or you throw your back up. Yeah, this all of a sudden, nothing else matters. Those things like that work that you needed to do, and like the see in that restaurant dinner that you need to go, all of a sudden, it doesn't matter. And so the biggest thing is that we start to really get upset and angry and worried about that pain, right right, And the first thing is what if this lasts forever?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so now we're feeding and dwelling it, and all the chemicals that we're releasing towards that is fueling the inflammation of that pain. And so it's really hard to do but to start to think about things that make the pain go away. And burn victims, they often show a lot of really funny movies and they showed that burn victims that played video games felt less pain.
Speaker 4: Distracted from it.
Speaker 1: Burn victims, And I say burn victims because the studies that were done like this is the most intense pain that you can have. So those that were laughing at funny movies felt less pain. And so what creates a distraction for you into what allows you to allow the most amount of endorphins and oxytonisin out in your body so that the pain is numbed. Now, with hypnosis, people can go undergo root canals and without any anesthetic. Wow, So we know that our opioid receptor is the ones that we take drugs for to help us release more of so that we don't feel pain.
Speaker 4: We can release that with our mind.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I didn't know that about the rook And I'm going to try that one day. You've been talking about knowing what you want, and I think some way you say, we don't manifest what we want, We manifest what we believe our identity can achieve. Yes, can you break that down for people who are trying to manifest something in their life right now? Like, how do you start manifesting what you want in your life?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we start to think about manifesting, it's like if I had know that million dollars anywhere like out here, now, I'm going to visualizee and feel it all those things, right, But we have this belief that like, yeah, yeah, I can't have.
Speaker 4: You know that this is not the identity of me.
Speaker 1: My identity is that I'm a nine to five worker and that I make my salary and that that's my that's my identity. And identity has a homeostasis like everything else in our body, ceiling and a floor if I lose my job, I'll find another one. And the ceiling is the million dollars that probably can't get to and we just kind of stay in the middle. So to change that, to start to have what you want is to start to realize, and I call it realizations instead of manifestation, is start to realize that you can become the energy at any time, that everything that was programmed before you can start to reprogram and that how you do that is by telling yourself over and over and over again what you want right and going into a data state, whether it's meditation or hypnosis, and changing those beliefs.
Speaker 3: And I think there's one thing about continuously saying things out loud, and I do think there's a power in that where you say things out loud and eventually you'll believe it. But part of me things it's a little bit deeper than that, because you can keep using words at the surface level of saying I want a million dollars, I want a million dollars, I want a million dollars. But if your deep rooted self is telling you, actually you're not smart enough and you really can't get that, you might think you can, but really is it realistic. Yeah, and so part of me thinks and I love this word so much. I was actually going to call my podcast this But delusional optimism is something that I have a deep belief in, and I think a lot of successful people in the world have this ability to be delusionally optimistic where and you kind of need that, especially if you're changing jobs, doing something that's crazy, that's out there, that's something that you wouldn't ever believe for yourself. You need to start being a little bit delusional and a little bit delusionly optimistic. And I think that's required because you can keep telling people this is what you want, but until you one create the belief for it, but then create the actions to show that you believe it, like how or almost living as if you already have that in your life, almost presenting yourself as if you already have that in your life. And there's a difference between faking it and doing all the work to make yourself get to that point. Like you're still you're doing all the work that's required. It's not just believing it, it's not just saying it it's okay. Now I'm actually going to put into practice and do every single piece of you know, the puzzle that's required for this to happen. And I think you kind of need all three of those things. You need to be doing the work, you need the belief, and you need to be saying it. I think you need a sprinkle of delusional optimism and love that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: A good cry or delusional optimism, I'll take it a good cry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's two other things.
Speaker 1: I really love that because delusional optimism means I'm good enough to take action right. And the second part is any time that we want to change our identity, just start to change the way that we use the word the two words I am.
Speaker 4: Because I am is one.
Speaker 1: It hits into our belief system so powerfully. When we say I am something that means anything. To the contrary, we're not for right unless and anything that flows with us.
Speaker 2: We are for yes.
Speaker 1: Right from the very basic like I'm a sports fan. That means that like I love to go to games, Like if I'm a Boston sports fan, that means like my team has to win. That means I don't like other teams. Or I am delusionally optimistic. Yes, that means that I can make anything happen.
Speaker 4: That I'm in a good mood.
Speaker 1: And then of course there's a much bigger I am, which is I had a one and ten trillion chance of being born. I am source. I am life itself.
Speaker 4: I am the energy that.
Speaker 1: Creates all of this and everything else and illusion. So if I am the source, then I can say I am anything that I want to be and it will become it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I love what you said about well the idea of I am, but then also create. Every time you believe you are something or you want to become something, It's almost like we wait till we feel that way to have the proof and belief that we are, but instead of taking action to then become it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense, like we end up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, I really want to be I don't know why have I been wanting in my life. I'm just thinking, Oh, yesterday I was talking to Ja, my husband, and I was like, oh, I really I need to go back into study mode, Like I know I really want to do hibology and I want to like I need to study more. I'm in this zone where I feel like I really am seeking.
Speaker 2: Knowledge and I need to forget what it is.
Speaker 3: And I've been saying this for this whole year, by the way I've been saying but now it's become this thing where I've been saying it, saying it's saying it. But then I was like, what have I done to actually manifest and make it happen in my life? Okay, I've been saying I want to do it, but I've been telling myself I don't have the time. Behind the scenes, I've been telling myself that if I start it, I'm not going to finish it because.
Speaker 2: I don't have the capacity right now to do it.
Speaker 3: I've been telling myself all these things that actually my want is not backed up by my belief and I haven't created the time in my schedule or even try to physically create space to allow it to happen in my life. And so what I should be doing is the other way around. Yes, I want to do this, So now let me create the space first. Then let me sign up to the course. Let me do all the actionable things that allow me to believe in this, that believe it's possible, rather than saying I want to do something and just expecting it to happen.
Speaker 4: What action is that.
Speaker 1: If you leave out action from this recipe, then you the cake doesn't rise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such an action before belief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I would try this. So you want to study more?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, So you want to study more because you want to become more not your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just feel like I'm at a place where I output a lot, and for me, I feel like I need to feed into I love studying, I love learning, and I feel I haven't been in that phase of my life for a while.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so what's the identity of someone who studies more? There's the identity is I'm a scholar.
Speaker 2: I'm a scholar.
Speaker 3: And I think part of it, you know you're asking the question. I think part of it is also feeling like I have the qualifications to share the things that I want to share.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, you just uncovered a limiting belief. Yeah, Which is I need this so that I can be knowledgeable.
Speaker 4: Yes, or so that I can share.
Speaker 2: I think that's the part of it for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there's two things.
Speaker 1: There's one like, I'm a scholar, which means that's an identity because the action that you'll take as a scholar is easily learning. And the more that you say, you know, what are you doing in life. Well, really, you could say I'm a student of life, I'm a scholar. And the more that you say that, then you'll have to be aligned with it. You'll have to take the accor I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The second part is undercovering the belief that why you are a scholar. I know, is it one because you're completely interested in want to share and let other people grow or is it because you feel as though you're not smart enough?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I think it's both, if I'm honest, I think it's a mixture of I absolutely love all the things that I've learned in my life that have helped me. Oh my gosh, it makes me so happy when I get to share it and then hear people also being impacted by it. I think a deeper issue is I've always felt like I'm not smart enough to be able to share things, whether it's from the grades I got in college or whatever it was, like, I've always felt like I need to keep proving myself educationally to feel like I'm I have the right to share what I'm sharing. And so I think it's definitely a balance of both. It's not more one than the other, but the second dairy one definitely creeps in to my desire of like why I want to do something.
Speaker 1: And then it's interesting that you're actually not taking the action to do.
Speaker 3: It right now, Yeah, because I keep telling myself I probably won't succeed at it because I'm going to like stop doing a halfway or Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that removing that belief that I need to do this to be worthy.
Speaker 4: Will allow you.
Speaker 1: To like gift, It will allow you to shift in the sense that, like, I'm doing this because I wanted to contribute, and so do you.
Speaker 3: Think for me to do that, I would have to focus just start trying to focus on the primary of what I was saying that I want to do it to learn to help other people. Like is it just shifting my focus or is it doing other work in the background to get rid of that secondary feeling?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's You're already identified, right, So what needs to shift. It's this idea of you know, I need to have fifty credentials for anybody to listen to me.
Speaker 4: And the truth is you're inherently worthy.
Speaker 1: Yes, That's all you have to do is do some research and be able to express it so that your worthiness lies in your ability to communicate. Right, we all have these different superpowers. So consider that your worthiness doesn't need to have a degree because you already have the superpower that's incredibly unique, which is where we are right now in your podcast. So that is your worthiness interesting. And so you're comparing your worthiness to your perception of other people's worthinesses, which is a professor that has from Cambridge or right, And really, you have something that's completely unique to most of the world is the ability to express yourself to millions of people in a way that is relatable, likable, authentic, and lovely.
Speaker 2: We didn't ask you to ask you that question, so you would give me compliments. But I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh now, let's look at that what in you is resistant to receiving that compliment as if it's not true.
Speaker 2: I know, I appreciate it. I thank you.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you in a different way. This is good.
Speaker 2: I feel like people can So here's.
Speaker 1: This is a normal linguistic programming. Okay, I wonder if you know what an impact you make in the world. Mmm, how does that feel different from what I just said?
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of what I do.
Speaker 3: I I wonder whether it's having I have a lot of questioning in my mind to what I do in terms of knowing whether it's impacting people because I don't get to speak to people on a daily basis, and sometimes obviously the negative takes over the positive of course.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: And so how would it feel if you knew that you already could do whatever you wanted in terms that you didn't need.
Speaker 4: To study anymore?
Speaker 2: How would I feel if that I could still impact people without having to study, If.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to do another you didn't have to go and it, or you didn't have to do any of that. How would it feel to know that you could impact people regardless of that?
Speaker 3: I think you'll feel amazing, But I still feel like I think I would feel like I'm missing something because I think learning is a big part of something that feeds me and makes me happy.
Speaker 4: Good. And now the idea that you know that you can learn.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, that's something I'm working on.
Speaker 4: So there it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to the idea that I can learn, well.
Speaker 3: Yes, I need to believe that I am a scholar.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's what it is. I'm a learner.
Speaker 2: I'm a learner. I'm going to start saying that now I'm a learner.
Speaker 3: They literally got to a point where he was like, you need to stop studying because you've been studying for ten years of your life. Before I even started this, I did two degrees nutrition and dietetics. Then I did a yoga teach training course, then I did an Ivada Health counsel of course, and then after I was like, I think I need to do like one more thing, and he was like, you need to stop with this studying now and just be okay with what you're doing. And I was like, oh yeah, but now I've gotten back on it. This has been a few years, but it's really useful.
Speaker 2: Actually, thank you. It's really interesting. It's such.
Speaker 4: Together for another time. We'll schedule the session.
Speaker 2: All right, let's not make this about me.
Speaker 1: I could tell no, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate it. It's really useful to go down this trial. And you really have to spend time doing it, don't you, because there's so many things that can pop up in the way of it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, it takes expiration.
Speaker 3: We talked about manifestation, but I was wondering whether there's a specific process that people should follow on a daily basis, Like if they wanted to start manifesting every single day. Is there like a guide that you have or something that helps people to really understand the process, because I think that it's a not a scientific process, but there is something to the act of manifesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's first identifying what you want yep, and then telling your subconscious mind exactly what you need to get it, and then taking action. So that looks like is identifying what you want.
Speaker 4: So for me, this is.
Speaker 1: I want to write a new book, and I want a new publisher, and I have this idea for the book that I want, And so what I do is I go in and I start to understand very specifically what I want the book to be, what I would like the book, what I'd like to sell the book to them, what i'd like for the purchase price, and then how I wanted to affect people. And so I started to tell myself, I'm an author for the publisher that I want, So I'm a best selling author for the publisher that I want, that's really affecting and contributing to the world in a great way. And then I start to feel that how does that feel.
Speaker 4: If that's true?
Speaker 1: Is there any resistance, and then I go, okay, what's the resistance? And so then I will go into self hypnosis, which is much like meditation but allows you to go deeper and then direct it.
Speaker 4: I can show you how to do that.
Speaker 1: And then from there, I say, what is the action if I am this person?
Speaker 4: What is the action that I need to take?
Speaker 1: One is find an agent, find to write a proposal, pitch it, figure out what I want to say and help hypnosis we can get into really easily because there's always a listener in your mind and the person listening right.
Speaker 2: Is a practice that we could go through. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So when you close your eyes and I just want you to observe your thoughts, and so as you observe your thoughts, I want you to now tell your thoughts something and just tell just either tell it to stop thinking something or start thinking something. I just say, start thinking about erbology. And now can you hear the one that says, stop thinking about our apology? And then you recognize the one that's listening. Okay, And so now the one that talks that says start thinking about erbology, you just tell it to repeat after me.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: Tell that voice to tell the one that's listening that it can imagine its body getting very heavy. You can imagine your body getting very heavy. And then with each breath, you can imagine your shoulders relaxing. And you just repeat these things from the one that talks to the one that listens, and then you say, you can imagine and actually notice that your lower back has pressure against the cherryer on good And then tell it that with each breath that take, that you just relax a little bit more as your brain sinks down, and it doesn't matter if your mind wanders. And then with each breath you can tell it that it will relax more. Then give it a visualization. Say you're walking down a hallway. At the end of the hallway there's a flight of stairs, and you take steps down those stairs and it's only eight of them, and at the end of eight steps and be in a deep, relaxed state where you can start to tell yourself and recognize who you are. And then you count down eight deeper and deeper, seven, six, repeating after me to the one that's listening five, four, three, two one deep relaxation, and you say, here, down here, we can create whatever we want.
Speaker 4: I am a scholar. I am a learner.
Speaker 1: I am good enough as I am and still can achieve more. I am capable and worthy. I will learn more because it is my path. I will take the steps because it feels good when I accomplish it and feel your body expand in the energy. Now visualize the achieving a different degree and making some content around it that people are going to benefit from. Now, with the mind that speaks, you just start to direct yourself to come back, and when you do come back that you'll feel relaxed and positive, that you'll feel ready to take action. And then you comp back up one, two, three, four, five, eyes wide open and awake, and you're back.
Speaker 3: I really could see when you were saying walk down, and I could visualize the steps down. It's amazing how much you can actually visualize in your mind. Yeah, and I could physically see. I saw all the walls, I saw the path, I saw the going down the stairs. Down the stairs was a bit scary and dark.
Speaker 4: First, Oh sorry, sorry.
Speaker 1: Usually I'd say, you know, it's a very well lit, well led, beautiful staircas most beautiful stircus you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: No, But then when you started telling me like you're a scholar and I was like, oh, now it feels lighter and brighter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. That's such a beautiful thing and people can do that themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have to identify the like as we start. We listen to our thoughts all the time, and so you can actually direct that voice to direct your listener from your So it's basically your higher self and your lower self. From your higher self, you can put your lower self into a trance and then tell it whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So hypnosis is a little bit more in depth because.
Speaker 4: I guide you.
Speaker 1: But with that specifically, people can practice self hypnosis and make dramatic changes in their lives at any time.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to definitely do that.
Speaker 3: That felt really Yeah, it felt like I was speaking to myself in myself.
Speaker 2: It was a very interesting feeling. Yeah, what is NLP, by.
Speaker 4: The way, lingoistic programming.
Speaker 2: And how is that different to hypnosis?
Speaker 1: So hypnosis you close your eyes, you go deep within, and some people I categorize neural linguistic programming is almost conversational hypnosis. So we start to talk and it's questions, it's a lot of it is embedded, okay, and so it's questions that embedded. For example, you have trouble receiving compliments, or maybe it's on your problematas now but whatever. But if I was to just try to get that expression across to you, I would ask questions instead, like I wonder if you really know if and then you want your subconscious mind, which deals in questions. It's all it's doing is really answering questions, right, so that it can process and direct which belief to use, would have to look for the solution of that question. So if I asked you a question based in the positive, it would have to find the positive solution to it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: If I said I wonder if you know how accomplished you are, you'd start to say, how do I know if I'm accomplished, and your subconscious mind would be like, well, I do have all those degrees. I guess I am accomplished, right, And then neuro linguistic programming also allows you to change your emotional energy to a future state that you want. So when I said to you before, how would it feel if this issue is no longer an issue? And you said that feels really good, and then you went directly back, but yeah, and so what we would do, is we would remove that butt so you don't go back, but you felt for a second that excitement around that potential. And when we cultivate that so that neural linguistic programming allows us to do that without without all the resistance of the mind. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, questioning and inquisitive. It is being asking questions over and over again.
Speaker 1: Facing embedding and when and when you do that, when you get someone gets really good at it, then it's such dramatic results.
Speaker 3: And I wonder, you know, with all these therapies and the idea of self sabotage, I think you know, do you think that a lot of self sabotage is linked to fear or do you think that it You know, what's the programming that people can do to take themselves away from these self sabotaging behaviors that they actually end up physically manifesting to stop themselves from getting what they want in their life, whether it's in relationships, whether it's in the work that they do. How do they become aware of that being actually self sabotage not protection.
Speaker 1: That's that's an awesome question. With self sabotage, there's always a secondary gain, right, So we have to find out what.
Speaker 4: The gain is. Right.
Speaker 1: The reason why I'm sabotaging is one hundred percent of our subconscious mind wants to protect and serve, so all it's doing is protecting us from some perceived danger, and it does that by fear or self sabotage. So what's the secondary gain? If I'm self sabotaging myself every time I fall in love in that relationship, then the secondary gain could be that I get to stay alone and that is perceived as safe, right, right, So if I want to change, that goes back to the homeostasis. I get to raise my level of safety and worthiness so that when I get to someone who meets and sees me right, I can be comfortable and allow that.
Speaker 3: Yes, we talked, touched on relationships, and one thing I wanted to ask you about was, you know, I think a lot of women. I don't know whether men do this too, but a lot of my friends fall in love with this idea of someone versus the reality of who they are, and they can really convince themselves that this person is this ideological version of who this who they want them to be, versus the reality of who they are. What's a piece of advice that you would give to women who fall in love with the idea of someone and ignore a lot of the kind of red flags or the potential, the potential, yes, the potential of someone.
Speaker 1: Fantasy of someone when they actually when I change them and they cherish me, I would say, mindfulness is the antidote to them, say, really present and kind of what's happening now, I really see and recognize someone's actions. Yes, most of the time, we're always trying to manifest, right, So we're constantly looking for the future and trying to identify who we need to become and what we need. Yes, But in relationship, especially love dating relationships, it's so easy to fall in love with the idea of someone, and I would really you know, there's a real balance between doing that because of course you want to plan for the future. Of course you want to be with a partner where you both become better, But you have to stay very mindful to the present because that is the reality that's happening now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I guess, and this is another way of observing. You have to be observant. You have to.
Speaker 3: Constantly be paying attention to really notice what's truly happening around you rather than your mind taking you away to places. Yeah, have you ever tried to manifest something really deeply in your life You've really wanted something did not happen, And what has that taught you about manifestation and also just life, because I think people get really you know, you believe that this manifestation is going to happen and it's going to be amazing in my life, and I'm doing everything, but it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And we have to kind of give it up to the attachment that it's gonna if it's meant for us, so it will be for us, and that when we become attached to it has to happen this way and if not, it failed.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of things that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it, I feel it, I'm seeing it, I'm doing it, and it hasn't And then I see, well, what was the benefit of that? There's always a benefit of that. Maybe it's a redirection. Maybe that manifestation infestation didn't happen because we needed to be redirected in a way, or maybe the timing wasn't right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, whatever it was.
Speaker 3: So there's a thin line between manifestation being a place doing it from a place of control and doing it from a place of trying to create in your life, I guess, because you could always try and create and and the creation becomes a point of control. But I guess there's a balance between, like a beautiful dance between manifesting but also surrendering and.
Speaker 1: Surrendering non attachment. I have a friend that she said, I wanted to write a New York Times bestseller, and she wrote a book. It didn't become a New York Times bestseller, and she said, but the New York Times called me and they had me come into their offices. And what I did is I brought them through a workshop all about my book. So did I manifest a New York Times bestseller or not?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: So I thought that was amazing. Yeah, the way it shows.
Speaker 3: Up exactly, Well, thank you so much. I feel like you've answered so many beautiful questions, and I think it's going to be so useful for this community because they always sending me messages about things like this, So I feel like I've got the perfect person on for it.
Speaker 2: But thank you so much. And I deeply appreciate you being here.
Speaker 1: This is best conversation.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you,