Speaker 1: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in. Hey, y'all, what's up. It's Lauren L. Rosa and this is the Latest with Lauren L. Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop.
Speaker 1: Culture, entertainment, news, exclusives, and the conversations that shake the room. We always start off with behind the scenes of the grind, checking and today if I'm checking in with you guys and letting y'all know how I feel. I am excited. I'm excited because number one, I just found out that we have the holiday July fourth holiday off of the Breakfast Club, which means I will have a whole week of just podcasting with y'all. So I'm gonna get to do a lot more content. Normally, my days are so crazy because of court, because of Breakfast Club, and then you know, doing the podcast as well, that I don't get to do everything I want to do. So I have some surprises that will be happening that will pop up next week on the podcast that'll be really, really good. But I'm also excited because I just it's all just new stuff. I can't even talk about the project. But I'm also working on a new project with some friends and media, and uh, you know, in this next coming week or two, things are really really getting off the ground. I think it's such a blessing to be able to want to create things and one of the things in the world and actually been in a position to, you know, even if at a beginner level, or you know, a first timer level, not a beginner, you know, not a beginner, but a first timer level, be able to actually you know, pull together your coins and your funds and do it and do it on your own terms. So I've just been all morning just really excited about what's to come. And I said, it's not just excited, it's what's I'm excited about what is to come today. Now getting on into the latest, because this is the latest with Laura La Roads. Like you guys know that you know, Court has been courting and we have been this week. You know, your girl love to take y'all to court, lot to take y'all a court.
Speaker 2: One of the.
Speaker 1: Biggest things that I think most people are talking about right now with the Sean Combs trial is the fact that Diddy was actually able to speak out, I would say for the first time, but it was not the first time. He actually spoke previously in court where the judge had asked him, you know, if duror six it is not dismissed and continues throughout the case, hoping to waiving your rights to appeal based on that juror in any decisions made by that juror. And did he waved his hand and he said, yes, your honor, I waved my right. So that was officially the first time Diddy spoke out in court. But yesterday June twenty fourth, twenty twenty five, Diddy stood in court because they were having a conversation about what is about to happen for the you know, these final few days in the courtroom, and the judge had to ask Didty a series of questions about you know, you know, does he understand that he is giving up his you know, right to test if he says he doesn't want to, you know that he's asking Diddy questions about just his mind state, like, you know, are you under the influence of any drugs or alcohol?
Speaker 2: Is this your actual decision? Like a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Wanted him to get on the sand and I think a lot of people wanted him to get on the stand because there are people who feel like the government does not have a strong case that a lot of the things that were presented at base level, you know, when you look at the definition of a crime, potentially could roll to okay, there may be something here, But the way that this conversation and at this case and these charges were shaped. And when I say the way that they were shaped, I mean the conversation and the narrative that were placed around these charges when the indictment first dropped, there has been a very different case presented per se. Now, some people will argue on its face that you know, if you only have to prove certain things that has been done by the government others, because you don't have the big, huge, sensationalized like you know, he's moving crazy drugs and there's tons of busses of women being taken against their will, and you know, all these things that I think people thought they were going to hear, they don't even get.
Speaker 2: Down to the.
Speaker 1: Crevices of the conversation and of the definition of the crime and what the government actually has to do to prove these things. So they wanted Diddy to testify. We've talked about it here at the Breakfast Club, where throwing your mercy on the court and getting up there and you know, just taking accountability for what you can take accountability for with reasoning, right, because Diddy is saying I am not guilty on all charges, but taking accountability for things that won't hurt him legally and kind of humanizing himself. I think it's something that people wanted to see, but we are not going to see it.
Speaker 2: And I mentioned on the.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club that these were reports that were out there that I had confirmed, because you don't ever know. All of this stuff is changing, right, So when I was on the Breakfast Club yesterday morning, I talked about the fact that Diddy was not going to testify, and that I'd been told that the theory that that was put out there around the reports that he would not testify, which is that the government has not proven their case according to Diddy's attorneys, is why he's making that choice. By the time I left Breakfast Club to the time I got into court, that could have changed. All of this stuff is moving today. Today is Wednesday, June twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Today is going to be a charging conference in the courtroom, which is where they'll have conversations and figure out dury instruction, and you know what the direction around that is, and you.
Speaker 2: Know jury instruction.
Speaker 1: It's just like, here's the rules, here's the guidelines, here's what you guys are going to be. Like, here's basically your job description. While you guys are deliberating, that is what that will be. But what the biggest conversation is right now is where will we end up? Because yesterday in court, Diddy's team made it a big, big, big deal to have a conversation about the dismissal. Diddy's team they spent more time on asking for this case to be dismissed than they did on presenting a defense.
Speaker 2: What so ever.
Speaker 1: Now, for me, I was very surprised. I'm not surprised that they asked for the dismissal.
Speaker 2: They have been doing that.
Speaker 1: The difference though, in them asking this time was you know, not even just asking for the overall case to be dismissed, but saying, you know, if you're not gonna dismiss the overall case, at least within you know, these certain charges, we need to really sit back and have a conversation about was the burden of proof surpassed or not, because it.
Speaker 2: In our opinion, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: That was very different because before this it's just been like, hey, all this needs to be thrown out because of ABC and D Here they're like, okay, we do believe it all needs to be thrown out, but if not, let's at least take a deeper look and have a conversation about these things on the other side over here right court today is gonna be really interesting.
Speaker 2: Going into court yesterday, there.
Speaker 1: Was a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of evidence that was on the stand. There was an HSI agent, Homeland Security investigator, Homeland Security Investigations, an agent from their offices was on the standing. He was a summary witness, and what he was doing was he was taking a look at, you know, various text converce, bank records, a ton of different things that the government was trying to use to again prove, you know, that this whole thing is the enterprise allegedly that there, you know, was the sex trafficking, allegedly just you know, people being taken across state lines, all of the things allegedly. Right when Diddy's team got up there to have a conversation with him. What they pointed out was they wanted to point out that, like there were these money transfers and the bank transfers of sorts, but how are you able to point that directly to who was paid for what? Because what they're trying to lean in on is like we've heard all of these inferences, right, like these big narratives and big notions, but nothing directly that points to Diddy, and in doing so, we can't pin him for a crime. So they're talking to the HSI agent and they're bringing up different payments from his bank accounts, different transfers from his bank accounts, and they're generalizing because the government spent a lot of time on like making things really direct. Okay, this payment or you know, alleging like you know, this escort was able to do ABC and D because Diddy allegedly was the person who wanted these things, who allegedly instructed people around him to make these things happen, and who allegedly funded it. Right, his team is back in the way, like, Okay, there are these payments, but these are going to various LLCs, and how do we know that any of this points directly to what you're saying. So that's how today set it off. And to be honest with y'all, you know, this wasn't the most exciting part of the trial. But when Diddy stood up and you know, had the conversation with the judge where he did, you know, think the judge and tell the judge that he was doing a good job, things did get interesting at that point.
Speaker 2: People were very interested because you know, here and Diddy speak in court.
Speaker 1: This is the longest that we've heard him speaking court, not the first time, but the longest he spoke. Of course, that's going to get the people going. One of the things that I think is important here is like temperament. Of course, when Diddy spoke in front of the court, the Jews were not in the room. They were actually on like a short lunch break. But you could tell in Diddy's temperament that it was very jumpy. It was very like and I'm assuming right the man is fighting for his life, that his nerves are a bit rattled. But you could tell that and hear that in his voice, that he was a bit rattled. I can't imagine what his family is feeling like today or yesterday. I mean any day honestly, but now that we are here at this point where today there will be a conversation on charges and what the jury is actually going to legally be able to look at when talking about what he will be charged with and how he will eventually be sentenced based.
Speaker 2: On the verdict they reach.
Speaker 1: Gotta be yo, I would be nervous on my mind, Like I would literally be nervous out of my mind if I were his family. So you know that's going to be pretty interesting to watch play out as well.
Speaker 2: I'm not for sure.
Speaker 1: I would assume because the family has been there every single day that his family will be there today as well, but this is kind of like a lot of I know I'd be there at all today, they will not. The jury will actually be back in court Thursday, June twenty sixth and Friday, June twenty seventh is when the jury will be back in court because that is when the closing arguments will happen between the prosecution and the defense.
Speaker 2: That is supposed to be from nine to.
Speaker 1: Five pm on Thursday and Friday, so I'll be bring you guys updates from there as well too, and then Monday as long as they use these two days that Thursday and Friday, to get through Monday the thirtieth, June thirty or twenty twenty five is when the jury deliberations will begin. Now, in the beginning of court, the judge put this on a timeline. To be honest with you, Now, again, everything is moving, every thing is changing, right, So the judge is saying, hey, I would love to get us out of here by July fourth, because who wants to be in here throughout after the holiday.
Speaker 2: But of course, if things.
Speaker 1: Are not where they need to be by you know, Thursday to third, because Friday is a holiday, we wouldn't be in court on July fourth.
Speaker 2: You won't have to give the jury more time.
Speaker 1: I to be honest with you, guys, it's like one day I have a prediction about what I think will happen, and the.
Speaker 2: Next day I don't.
Speaker 1: I've been saying from the beginning of this that I do believe that Diddy will do sometime, but I didn't think that all of the charges will stick. That's another conversation that's happening right now too, is like what is going to stick and what is not? So look as excited and adventurous as I'm feeling about everything else in life.
Speaker 2: This case has me on pens and needles, like I am.
Speaker 1: Like, it's like every every five minutes there's a different report, and this is happening, This is happening, This is happening. So, you know, being in court and being able to directly see and hear what is happening has been helpful. But even in court, everybody is on pens and needles, Like when I say, you could hear a pin drop when Ditty was speaking. After Diddy's team went through and they broke it down, they went count by count by count you know, they talked about the arts, and they talked about the kidnapping alleged, like all these allegations right, and broke down why they felt like the government did not do a good job improving that Diddy is guilty of any of this. After that happened, the you know, rightfully, so the judge is able to act the defense like, okay, do you guys have any response?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: The judge is able to ask the government like do you guys have any response? And the government, they know, they say, look, we believe that we've presented a case. You know to the best of our ability, that proves you know what we are alleging and that it is sufficient to go before a jury.
Speaker 2: And they sat back down.
Speaker 1: I don't know, y'all, we needed some suspense music right here, like, I really don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, guys, this.
Speaker 1: Has been the latest with Laura Rosa. I'm your host, Laura la Rose and I tell you, guys, every episode all of my Lowriders, you guys could be anywhere with anybody having a conversation about all these things, but you choose to be right here with me every single time. And man, do I appreciate you guys for that. Make sure you're also following me on socials at Lauren l Rosa everywhere, because I do. Do you know in addition to the podcast, you know, we're doing the videos outside of court.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to be posting one. Well I laid on my posting.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, but I'm gonna be posting one today as we head there. I have stuff from yesterday that I will be posting as well too, And just you know, keep you guys abreast. And this whole thing is coming to an end, and there's a lot to think about there's a lot to consider. I do want to know what are you guys predictions? What do you guys think will happen next? Do you think Diddy will go to jail for this? These things that they're alleging. Do you think he won't go to jail for this? What do you what do you guys? I want to know, Take me outside to the tweets, in the streets, be.
Speaker 2: Outside, we outside, we outside, outside of tweet.
Speaker 1: But this time, when I come back with this, I want to know, so at me you know on Instagram, on Twitter, Lauren L Rosa l O r e n l O r O s a. Let me know your predictions and we'll we'll bring the predictions here tomorrow on the podcast and have a real conversation about what you guys are predicting versus what we're seeing happening. Thank you, guys, I'll see you in my next episode.