Speaker 1: Hoping, and we talk back where we encourage you to hustle hard, laugh louder, and always keep it cute. So grab your coffee, cocktail and crown, because it's about to go down.
Speaker 2: We're just too unapologetically black women with an opinion. Who talks back?
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all with your girl a j holiday?
Speaker 2: What's up TAMVM, y'all is tam VAM. I love y'all so so very much.
Speaker 1: Y'all believe that ship doing it?
Speaker 2: I do believe it that a little bit, I'll be believing it a little bit, just a little bit, I do. I love this soone. I love you too. Girl. You think I love you?
Speaker 1: I know you love me? Okay, but yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, I love it too. I love God all the gosh.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves me.
Speaker 2: It's like George, I love everybody else who Georgie and mother ass? Oh you're mad at him? How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: It was good? Great, y'all? How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: Y'all? Me and AJ bonded this weekend in a weird way.
Speaker 1: Not no gay ship, because y'all know Tammy Bean on some gay ship. I don't be day for real. I just be playing what's a regular ships, y'all.
Speaker 2: AJ got us Bobo tea on the way back from Atlanta and she put whole milk in it. Don't tell nobody this because it's embarrassing, but we had the dookie together together at the same time in the bathroom, not in the same stall, but at the same time.
Speaker 1: No, but the worst part, we live a simmer okay, from from Atlanta to Thomasville, and that's the exit, like that Dicky exit right before Augusta. So, y'all, we was in Atlanta this weekend for the Black for the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which was wonderful. We'll get to that in a minute. Right after we finished talking about this shit. So what that's about an hour and a half two hour drives. So we lit a simmer for a little while, because y'all, I love boba tea and temm be like you eat drinking that shit with the little balls in the bottom. But I was so excited that this place was so open down the street from the hotel we stayed in, and I forgot to put my little traditional order and I do not drink whole milk, okay, So because I already has spent like eight dollars a piece on these drinks. I'm like, we drinking this whole milk to day, bitch. When I tell y'all, we had a wine and window down between flarts, man and not kill each other, y'all. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: And then so we had to use the bathroom at this place, right, and then only had two stalls, and this hispanic lady came in mid poop, right, yees, she had to go real bad because she was like fuck, fuck fuck fuck, and she was pulling on the doors. And then we started laughing because what you're gonna do with.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is how considerate I am, even in the midst of shit. I'm still considerate. I'm trying to push, y'all. I'm trying to push this shit out, like because I want this lady needs the bathroom, like she probably had to pee real bad. And mind you, we chose this bathroom because we were next door to Loves, which we went in there and got ice and got gas and shit, we was like, man, it's a newer bathroom over here. It's a newer gas station. Let's go Daddy to take these shits. It's cleaner. But y'all know, Love's probably got like twelve stalls in that bitch. So we go to someplace that only had two stalls, and we feel so bad.
Speaker 2: For that lady. But I'm not doing that because I'm not giving myself no heroy trying to be courteous as someone else.
Speaker 1: I definitely could have got a HEMMI fucking around.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: And then we heard her husband come into the bathroom or a man she called a man in there, and he was speaking and I guess he would say, like sound an argument, yeah, because he was probably saying, what the fuck you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Like I can't make these people.
Speaker 2: Come out the stall. So yeah, we bonded. So anyway, the Black Effect Podcast Festival the third annual. It's so much fun. It's like a family reunion. You guys, you really really need to pull up next year if you did not come this year. We had so much fun. We got to do interviews women on the street, so we just talked to people that were in attendance and got their perspective on relationships and things of black culture and things like that. It was so much fun and the weather was perfect, was a good.
Speaker 1: Day for that. It was a good day. But you know what, y'all know, I don't really like Atlanta like that. I'm looking for Black Effect to take this show on the road. Okay, I would love to see maybe it in Charlotte next year, some other black ass city. Why not?
Speaker 2: I like Atlanta, I like, I mean, I mean yeah, I like Atlanta. Maybe a different location in Atlanta, perhaps with more like stadium seating kind of situation where they have like rooms for each podcasts, like theater rooms for each podcast and like, I don't know, something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think Atlanta be having too much shit going on on one any given Sunday. So it's like people picking and choosing what they want to do, Like why not hit up a new city? I would love to see it someplace else? And shit, Charlotte, we talked back, definitely hitting the stage again. I don't will fuck who say what?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes, y'all we really had a like we had a meeting today because we are getting our live shows together. I know y'all be in my DMS asking when y'all gonna see us in person. Y'all want us to come to your city, so we'll be coming to a city near you. Real, real soon, so stay tuned for that. Let's get in the sins.
Speaker 1: What we got going on this week? Man, did you know Flomillie was pregnant?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Why did I not know that? Like I really really like her too, I did not know. So she she welcomed a brand new baby on a twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Her first baby to her baby boy, I just love you. I just love how the girlies are not letting motherhoods stop them from Like there was a time where motherhood was like the end of a career.
Speaker 1: But not no more, no carler ship off. Cardi B set shit off. Cardi B said, I'm having my kid. I remember her being on the Breakfast Club and she was telling Sharla me and her goals and what age she wanted to have her kids buy and she started no matter what she was performing, pregnant at all? That should I would not. I would strongly advised against, like torquing on your knees with the baby bump, but hey whatever, the young girls is doing it. But shit, yeah, you can do both. You can do both because having a child is just a part of women's lives. So why your life or career stop just because.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to Fu Millie. Eh, what else happened? Oh? Beyonce started the first leg of her Cowboy Carter tour and Blue Ivy was on stage with her, looking like Beyonce circa two thousand and six. She looks so big and grown now.
Speaker 1: I know she looked like both for her parents. She like a nice little blend. Yeah. And then Roomy made her debut on stage. Happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's been waiting on her moment and she just that just touched my heart that Beyonce had her on stage as well.
Speaker 1: Were we not just talking about that this weekend? And what was my I'm like, yeah, if okay? People so mad at Kanye about what Kanye put on social media, right, but people have noticed things right about these two other kids we don't see And if it were me, right, that would be an opportunity for me to have like some type of advocacy for children with possible autism. I don't want to say they have it, but I love to see that she, you know, had her daughter out on stage. Because it's nothing to high, you know what I'm saying, Like the shit is way more prevalent. I don't know if scientists or whoever the doctors are finally just maybe it's just the umbrella term. I believe, right, you just don't know what the fuck is up. It's just the umbrella term. But I'm so happy that she's I don't know, embracing, not to say she wasn't embracing, but people wanted to know why we don't see these other two kids, right, and you are a celebrity, so unfortunately, right, you don't get a break with this type of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I was happy to see her, and I you know what, I wasn't going to like try to go to Cowboy Carter because I just finished playing off the last Beyonce tickets, like just recently they got their last bit of my money. So I said, I wasn't gonna buy tickets, but f in the footage online and make you want to go, don't it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm good. I hadn't been to a Beyonce concert since two thousand and eight, and my ticket was one hundred and fifty dollars, and that damn they had front row tickets.
Speaker 2: Damn. I listen, I have floor seats to the last show and it was a thousand, So one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I need one hundred and fifty dollars tickets, because I know in Europe when they in these other countries, that's how much them niggas paying. Why is it inflation when it comes to this project called America. I want to pay what they pay.
Speaker 2: Me too, dude, did you google that? Because I think their tickets are high too in Europe. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a big Europe. So whichever country they end up in, right, it's not all of them ain't gonna be no damn thousand dollars for no damn tickets. They're they're not having it like we be accepting of all that shit. So they they price scuog over here because people go to actually find a way to pay it after paying a Beyonce ticket is fucking wild to me. Yeah, that's I just paid it off, and I know I ended up paying double just to pay it.
Speaker 2: Off, all right. So anyway, Terrence passes on Marvin Gay. So Terrece Howard sat with Bill Mayer for an interview where he revealed that the late Quincy Jones approached him for a movie on the life of Marvin Gay. Terrence said that he turned down the role after Quincy confirmed rumors that Marvin was gay, so he was gonna have to do some gay scenes and he wasn't with it.
Speaker 1: Why do you got to put that in the movie though? Why did I wonder if Terrence actually reviewed the script and saw that he would be kissing a man in a movie, because if that was something that's not going to be in a movie, like you can go ahead and play.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it was.
Speaker 1: I think he said that he he is not the biggest part of who Marvin Gaye was.
Speaker 2: Why is that in the movie Marvin Gaye was gay the whole time he was telling they wouldn't last name wasn't even gay. He's Marvin Williams the whole time. Why would even be a part of the movie. For listen, I would love to go see a Marvin gay movie. I would love to be in a Marvin gay movie The Toxic King. But Terrence Hart, well he was gonna play Marvin Gay I wouldn't want to see him as Marvin Gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like how that's not a good Uh, it's not a good match. That's not a good casting as as I'm concerned. Who could play Marvin Gaye?
Speaker 2: Oh? You know who? I would like to see play Marvin Gaye because he already down for the gay the gay roles. What's his name? He played on the shy.
Speaker 1: Oh, what is that guy's name? I know exactly who you're talking about. I was thinking la Keith Stanfield, like la Keith would probably play Marvin Gaye.
Speaker 2: He could play a Marvin Gaye too.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking about aesthetically because that's why Terrence Howard to me, wouldn't be a good yeah fit for Marvin Gaye role.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: My I need to stop?
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, he's stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know that guy's name. I forgotten. Anyway, moving on, So this past weekend at the live show Welcome to Black Effect also Good Mom's Bad Choices podcast. Okay, so they recently relaunched under the Black Effect family brand and they did the live show. They so they hit the stage this past weekend and uh, Draca which I thought this girl name was Draka the whole time. So we just found out this weekend her name is Draca. Okay, Kevin Gate's ex wife, which I thought they were still married. So they asked some like really probing questions, you know, during this podcast interview. This past weekend and she kind of passed on all the questions. But surely thereafter it came out that they actually got a divorce or somebody filed for divorce. I even saw headlines that he was married to Brittany Grinder now Britnaney shit, Brittany Ry Britney Rinner. Now can imagine that he was with Britney Griner. Yeah, I think should be beating his ass up with him. Damn long long ass arms. Yes, it says rapper Keavin Gates has discussed his life through his music since he climbed the music charts with his twenty thirteen song Satellites. His artistry resonates with his fans, who relate to his past, including time in prison, and his future, which has evolved him meeting a few special someones. So so, allegedly he's been with Brittany Renner. They started dating in twenty twenty two. Really yeah, supposedly anyway, But it says that Kevin Gates and Draka's romance ended November twenty twenty four, so just last year. So when did she file for the divorce? I'm confused. Are they divorce? Are they still separated?
Speaker 2: But what I do know is when she walked her ass on that stage, I was like.
Speaker 1: Damn, we was just talking about her ass last week. She's fine.
Speaker 2: She is beautiful, very flat, boody, sitting out skinning, pretty smile, beautiful, real energy, good energy. Like yeah, so shout out to Draka.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what Kevin Gates got going on anyway. We said he was in Aquarius last week, and that just says it all. Okay, lead them niggas alone. They don't got it all.
Speaker 2: I aspire like to have her life where I live on my farm eating fresh fruit that.
Speaker 1: I grew and a nigga paid for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that part, don't leave that part out. I want some chickens and stuff though, and some cows, but I don't want to tend them. I want to have farm hands.
Speaker 1: No, I think I would want to do it myself. I would want to in the.
Speaker 2: Garden, but not the chickens and the cows.
Speaker 1: I love the animals.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to tend the cows.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would.
Speaker 2: Have you been in a cow pasture before?
Speaker 1: I have stinks real shitty, yes, yeah, but I still would want to. I would want to. I have mine went and stink, Yes, it would you know, it wouldn't. I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 2: Supposed to smell like a cow. If you do anything to make it smell like not a cow, it's probably not healthy.
Speaker 1: So washing the cow wouldn't be healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, washing the cow. But you can't oversh it, you dry it out.
Speaker 1: You're trying to wear the cow hide.
Speaker 2: We just want milk, we want No, I'm gonna cook that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not trying to eat my animals between me and you raising them to murder them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone we're gonna eat someone. We're gonna they're gonna be for milk and someone gonna be for food. No, but yeah, I aspired to that lifestyle honestly. So shout out to Draker cluse bombs for Draker. Hey that who said that? Is that Charlamagne. All right, y'all, we got a special guest on this week and she's gonna drop some jewels about franchising and helping us understand how to get this money on because we need it. So y'all stay tuned. We'll be right back, all.
Speaker 1: Right, y'all, Welcome back. Okay, So today we're talking about franchising, ownership and building real well through business. Our guests Tarjie Carter. She's a founder of founder and CEO of The Franchise Player, and a leading voice for minority franchise ownership. She's on a mission to help more entrepreneurs break barriers and own their future. We'll be covering everything from funding tips to mindset shifts. Okay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Tarji, Hey, Tarji Girl, Hey, Tam Bam.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all, we was at the podcast Festival. If y'all missed it, sorry y'all wasn't there. It was lit, and it was a good place, yes period, and it was a good place to meet like minded people. And we saw this bad being standing at the table, and then we got to talking to her and found out that she was smart and she had some information that she could because you know, sometimes they'd be pretty and stupid, you know, but she's actually pretty, very smart, so she had some information that she could share with us and with y'all. So thank you girl for coming on.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that. I was just trying to be cute and low key, but yeah, you know, there's a little substance there too. But you all were so kind. You're right. It was lit. I had never been was my first time there, and so I didn't know what to expect. But you know, a friend of mine brought me as his plus one and he said, do your thing, and so I just went up and talked to everybody. For the most part, you know, I had on my franchise player hat, and that opened a lot of doors for me, because people really don't they're not talking about franchising right now. Everything that we hear on a lot of these podcasts and on television and radio is about you know, investing in real estate, the stock market, and crypto, which is all great, but no one's talking about franchising. So I've been working in this space for almost twenty years now and I've learned a lot, and so just want to take everything I've learned and bring into our community so that we can start having the conversations about franchising and then teaching people how to get into it the proper way.
Speaker 1: So what inspired you to get into the world of franchise.
Speaker 2: A fluke?
Speaker 3: It was a total fluke. I knew nothing about franchising and until I started doing it as a child. I know, probably just like you all, you would go to McDonald's or Burger King or what have you. And no one ever told me I could own a franchise. I didn't understand the concept until I started working for a company called Carbo ice Cream, which we're not going to shout out a bunch of folks, but just wanted to give that name. So I started doing that. And then that was back in Dosh two thousand and eight. And interestingly enough, I had just come off the heels of being the executive assistant to Tyler Perry, so talk about like just a crazy shifting career, and I was working at a hotel. The president of the company was staying at my hotel and we just developed a rapport and he honestly just offered me a job. Wow, And just because I'm the type of person that loves a challenge, I said, yeah sure. And when I did it, I thought, what did I get myself into? It was a lot to learn, and it was like learning like you know how they say, like drinking out of a fire hose. It was just like that, like everything was coming at me so fast. But you know, I appreciated the challenge. I learned so much, and then from there it just went on to to go from company to company, learning more and more every time I moved around.
Speaker 2: So wait, when you were working with Tyler period, how long ago was this was you all full to in industrial and the trailers Back in the day it was.
Speaker 3: I was stupid, Uh, north Side Drive. So there was a small building and then we went to Crog Street and then you know, there were a few moves after.
Speaker 2: That Industrial then because where the hose was at, no, that way, he was really in the church.
Speaker 3: I think I missed that era and that was a while ago.
Speaker 1: Somebody from a taller period movie though I ain't gonna lie ye already.
Speaker 2: It was like a microphone right here at the top of that way.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah, he's come a long way with those wigs, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to interview. That's okay, keep going. So you said you went on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I went on to just learn everything that I could, and just throughout my career, I just noticed that at the ownership level, there just weren't a lot of people that looked like us. And I thought, you know, every time I would go from company to company, I would talk about, you know, we need to be more diverse, we need to get in front of different audiences and for whatever reason just was never a priority. So I said, well, I can keep going from company to company complaining, or I can do something myself. So in twenty twenty three, I started a company called The Franchise Player, where we basically provide education, opportunities and resources to our community to learn about franchising, the resources to get access to capital, have access to industry professionals such as like construction, real estate, design, market planning, everything that you're gonna need to have access to to be successful in franchise ownership. And then we do events also. So in twenty twenty three, I also launched The Franchise Game. Along with my two co partners, Dalen Golf and Dessi Brown Junior. We founded the Franchise Game and then it's a whole day of a conference, a symposium and trade show where we bring in industry experts, so existing franchisees that own anywhere from one unit to one hundred units. We bring in all the professionals within the industry, some of the best minds and voices in franchising to teach the local community and others that fly in from all over the country about how to do it properly, and then we had a half day version of that that we call the scrimmage that we take around the country. So we had most recently we had one at the University of North Texas in March. We also did a scrimmage at Morehouse College in October of twenty twenty four. So we take those scrimmages around the country, and you know, it's kind of like a plug and play. We can take those anywhere there's a need to learn about franchise ownership.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so why franchising over like starting an independent company. Why would you recommend that?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. I'm so glad you asked that. So with franchising, you you basically hit the ground running. So think about it this way. If I open Targi's doing a shop, it might take me three weeks for someone to walk through the front door.
Speaker 2: But if I put you know how to you don't look like you know how to cook Tarji.
Speaker 3: That's so I'm like, yes here.
Speaker 2: Because you're so pretty, you look like you don't being nobody kitchen cooking.
Speaker 1: That girl, you throw down.
Speaker 3: I throw down and I make a mean reservation. I could do both at the same time, but franchising it's so for example, if I started targi's doing a shop, right, I have to do everything. I have to figure out a recipe, figure out location right, how do I get people through the door, how do I market? Where do I put the stores? How do I negotiate my leases? With franchising, if you invest in the right franchise, they're gonna have all of that support in place for you. So when you pay your franchise feed, really that's like your entry fee. That's like the cost of entry that you pay at the door, and then you pay additional fees, ongoing fees for the additional support, the ongoing support that you receive as a franchise owner. So for example, they have like an internal database of marketing materials that are already creative for you, approved by the brand. So you just take a piece of material, you put your personal information on it, or your store whatever it might be, and then you use it, right versus you having to figure out, well, let me go on to Canva and create this flyer. And so there's a marketing department, there's training, there's operations, construction design. So imagine having to wear all of those hats five years in, five hundred thousand dollars later, you might not have anything to show for it because you're going to make a lot of mistakes along the way. So when you get into franchise and you're really taking advantage of all the mistakes that they've already made, and they've gotten it to the point where it can be replicated. So the way that they grow the brand is they bring qualified franchise candidates in to help them grow the brand using their own money. So the brand pays. You know, they reap the benefits of collecting royalties, but they're also offering a ton of support that you wouldn't get if you had an independent concept.
Speaker 2: Now you said, if you pick the right franchise, what's the wrong franchise?
Speaker 3: The wrong franchise? Oh my gosh, where do we start? So a lot of things to look for. So is the brand healthy? Do you see like this concept popping up all over the place? Like are people talking about it? Are they on social media? What are they doing in terms of sales? So? Are their numbers high enough where it makes sense? Are the profit margins large enough for it to make sense? I will tell you this, I highly recommend coffee and chicken. Right, profit margins on coffee are amazing. You can google it. I can't really make any earnings claims because I do work with a coffee company, but if you google profit margins or a cup of coffee, you'll see what I mean. And then chicken is the fastest growing protein in the world, so people are always gonna eat chicken. People are always gonna drink coffee. And I think about brands that did well during the pandemic, during the during the recession, you know a lot of brands had locations, but unfortunately, if you didn't have a drive through, you were almost dead in the water. Right, So just thinking about like those types of concepts that did well during the pandemic and the recession is really a way to kind of like gauge when a brand is a good investment or not. And do you go there? Right, you can always trust your own judgment.
Speaker 1: You you're most of those I don't go to most of the places that I would like coffee, Like, I don't eat Starbucks. I don't drink Starbucks, but I understand why I'm having a Starbucks location would definitely be lucrative though, So I don't have with it to make money.
Speaker 3: And that's the whole point. Just because you don't you don't participate, right, Like I don't smoke weed, but but I would buy into a cannabis business, right, you should. But the money reside that's where I want to go. That's that's the way to think about it. So just because like you know, a man might be like, oh, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna invest in a shoe store, women's shoe store. But you know how many how much money we spend in the shoe store. Right, you have to think about it differently. It's not about what you would do or what you would consume. Because I know a lot of people that on ice cream shops that are lactose intolerant. It don't matter, Like the money is still greening.
Speaker 2: So we gonna fuck my stomach up every time. I'm gonna tell you right now, coffee is gonna mess your girl up.
Speaker 3: Oh well, we don't give you know colle What about tea? Right, there's tea. There's like Boba Tea. There's companies that have stuff like that, and they have other other drinks like you can have a vanilla bean whatever whatever. Like a lot of these brands are are understanding that most generations younger than younger than me, but most generations are drinking their calories versus actually sitting down and feeding a sandwich. So when you think about there's a famous donut concept that changed its name because they were they were more of a beverage company than they were a pastry company. So they dropped the last word, kept the minking there we go, there, we gotta let but they dropped it because you know, people eat donuts, but I mean when they go to this, to their restaurants or their stores.
Speaker 2: People looking for coffee, Yeah, yeah, fast, And I didn't even notice that. You're right, Like that's one.
Speaker 1: Of those Mandela effect things, because twenty years from now people will be like that was never there, Like, yes, it used to be Dunkin Donuts and I was just dunking exactly. So doing some a little research last night, I just saw a lot of negative things about franchising, like how people all like end up upside down taking on franchise as a as a business, a startup type situation. You know, you're buying into something else, but you still have to have the business acumen right to make it successful. So what's some of like the biggest myths about franchising that you often have to correct.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, they didn't reach out to me, so that's probably why they went wrong period, right, But honestly, like it's the research, right, there's not a lot of information in our community about this. So when I when I started to do this, I looked around me and there really weren't many people that look like me getting into more House college or getting on we talk back, like looking for ways to get this information in front of our community. So it starts with that. A lot of brands, you know, they have certain conferences they go to every year. There's a list of conferences that every brand goes to for the most part, and that's where they go. So that the value that I think I bring is getting in front of audiences that most brands won't get in front of and for whatever reason, and so the information just isn't reaching our community. And so people hear about franchising, they think it's you know, get rich quick, and there's nothing further from the truth or there, you know, they think that the brand is supposed to build the store we'll say store case. Since we're using restaurants as an example, the brand is supposed to build the store and make them successful, or they want to be absentee. So being absentee means basically, I'm gonna build a let's say, a restaurant for two hundred fifty thousand dollars and I'm gonna put it in the hands of a seventeen year old high school student. It doesn't make much sense. And so when you have that mindset that I'm going to build this and not have anything to do with it, you might as well just make the check out to me, because it's a waste of money and it's a waste of time. So I think you know I.
Speaker 1: Talk about the right management in places, what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You have to put them. You have to have the right management, but you have to understand before you even get into it, like understanding what it is and what it isn't and having a realistic understanding of what you can potentially receive from being a franchise owner in that business. You have to know to ask the right questions because you know, if you don't ask the question and you don't get the answer, you know nine times out of ten, soone can come back and say, well, you never asked that. Or if you're given the information to read and you don't bring in a franchise attorney to read your disclosure document, you might be signing your life away. You don't know what's in there until you either you or view it yourself and you understand the language, or you have a franchise attorney take a look at it, because again, that's what they're focused on, franchise law. That's what they do day in and day out. So you know, if you have a sister or a cousin or a friend who's an attorney, but they're not a franchise attorney, they might be able to help you out, but they're not going to be able to help you in the same way that a franchise attorney is. And some people say, well, why would I waste the money on a franchise attorney. Well, if you pay I don't know, twenty five hundred dollars today, it could save you two hundred and fifty thousand dollars down.
Speaker 1: The line, right.
Speaker 2: So I noticed you said like, well, their first mistake was they didn't come to me. Now what how's your approach different from traditional franchise consultants.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, because I've worked inside of these companies for so long, I know what the brands are looking for, what they're not looking for. I know a lot of the the language that's spoken that the average person isn't going to understand. But the way that my company works, we work with folks who want to get into franchising, may not know where to start, may have never even heard of franchising before. So we take them through a full education process, a vetting process. We do discovery, discovery calls, discovery days to help them understand what it is. And then we help them find the right brand. So we start with the list of ten, narrow it down to three, then to the one, and so we help them get access to capital, put together their infrastructure. So brands are looking for a certain formula when it comes to a candidate or a candidate group, so we help them put all that together. Plus I have access to a database of over two hundred and fifty potential operating partners. So say, for example, you know Lebron James doesn't need my help, so we'll use him as an example. Lebron James wants to get into Duncan, but he's still playing ball, so he needs somebody that's going to run the operation on a day to day basis. I have over two hundre and fifty people who have worked enfranchising ten, fifteen, twenty years that are looking for an opportunity like that to set the business up so that when Lebron is ready to retire or forced to retire, he has something to walk into the next day. So I help with the entire infrastructure. And then my commitment to the brand is I'm never going to bring them a cold lead. So when I bring someone to them, they know I'm serious, like it's coming to them with a nice neat bow. They meet the qualifications, they have access to capital, and they're ready to now go through with the internal process with the brand. Most other consultants will say, oh, hey, I met Tambam at the conference on Saturday. Here's her name and number caller.
Speaker 2: But you send you bring them in a bowl, like everything ready to go by the time they get to them, okay.
Speaker 3: And the reason for that is because I've been in their shoes on the brand side, and I know that a cold lead is going to waste six months of my time, so I don't want to. I want to serve as a bridge to not just the brand, but also to my clients and helping them almost guarantee an approval by their brand of choice, because again, I know what they're looking for. I know, I know the holes they're looking for. I know, you know, some brands are looking to get to a know and some brands are like, how can we get to a yes? And so I do the research and my team we do the research to make sure that the brand is a good fit. So someone might say, hey, I want X brand, but we might do a little bit of digging and say, okay, did you know this? Did you know that? Did you see this in the news? Like that sort of thing. So we're everything that we do is through the lens of how does it affect our community and how does it make us better?
Speaker 2: So you basically need the plug.
Speaker 1: She's like the liaison, so you're aside from the franchise player also does like education right to the public and too. But you guys also like are the liaison between the franchiser and the franchisee also, so that.
Speaker 3: We're that rage. So when we do our franchise Game conference, we have brands that come and exhibit So last year we had about twenty and we do it at Young Young Brands headquarters and Alice, Texas. So they own like Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Habit, Burger Grill. Not a plug, but to say, like they believe in what we're doing enough so that they they brought us in and they're a partner with us to make sure that we have a great space to do it. And they just really believe in what we're doing and why we do it.
Speaker 1: So, who's some of your clients? Like, can you tell us anyway? Like can you share a successful client story like.
Speaker 2: That made you very proud?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I had this one client. He's a Stanford grad. Can I say his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, damon done. He is a retired NFL player, went to Stanford. Very smart, he's married. Yeah I know, but he came to me when I worked at a brand and uh, he he was going to buy a network of stores and super smart. I mean, probably one of the smartest people I've ever met in my life. And he knew he knew the business side, like the numbers and all of that, but he didn't know operations. He had never worked in a dunkin. I mean, for God's sakes, he was, you know, with his background, like he never worked in a dunkin or anything like that. So I said to him, I said, well, it's just do me a favor. I see that you can do it, But do me a favor and just go spend some time in the operation and come back to me and let me know what you think after that. Because the business plan he presented to me had nothing about operations in it, and I know the brand, and I knew that if he didn't have that operations experience, he probably wasn't going to get approved. So he went down. He spent a whole week with the current owner, and he came back and he said, man, I was about to fall on my face, huh, I said, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: But he went and he learned so much. He worked from open to clothes for like a week or two, can't remember exactly because it's been a while, but he came back and he rewrote his business plan. Next thing, you know, he bought a network of five stores, ends up closing two and then just recently sold his network and he had about forty locations. So in a very short period of time, because he went in and did the work to understand the operations side of the business. He was able to scale and then he ended up being the keynote speaker for our first franchise game in twenty twenty three. My my keynote caught COVID and Damon was coming to speak on a panel and I'm like, I'm gonna cry. You know, I don't know what to do, he said. He just jumped and he said, what do you need me to do? I said, I need you to be my keynote. And he did it. He walked in the room. He flew on from Seattle that morning into Dallas and uh, the keynote went in the corner with his notes and uh. And and I say that to say, like my not to toot my own horn, but my, my, my, My reputation enfranchising is pretty clean, right, Like I'm I can pick up the phone and call pretty much anybody because they know if I call, I'm not calling with anything foolish. I'm calling because there's an opportunity to can be mutual beneficial and I probably need a favor. So I have a lot of folks that are willing to help me out as I'm continuing to grow this I even had a boss of mind not too long ago say to me every time I open LinkedIn, I see you. He said, I'm so proud of what you built from nothing. And to me that was like the ultimate compliment because he knows when I first started, I didn't know anything about franchising, right.
Speaker 1: And the thing about this even like when you're when you are ready to retire, right from the franchise player, you literally would be able to have something you can sell his whole book of network in contexts, context like, that's the whole business you can sell to somebody else.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, I see the future.
Speaker 2: Your success your success story. You said he was a former athlete, which means he had the capital. What about people who might not necessarily have the capital. What would you suggest would be a good route for them to go to get into franchising.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna back up just a second. He he was a retired NFL player, but he also had a company that he worked for that backed him, that helped him to get into uh into the franchising space. But for folks that don't have that access, I always suggest we needed, we need to do a better better job as a community of leaning on each other and pooling our resources. I've seen it so many times with every brand that I worked for. You know, different ethnic groups come together and they pull their resources. One time, I had a group of twelve people on the documents. It was a family, and they wanted everybody to have a piece of the pie, you know, whether it was one percent, three percent. Some people only had you know, minimum, you know, dollars in the bank, but they wanted them in on the deal so they can learn the business and then from there they can grow either collectively buy more, or they can break off into smaller groups and buy. So I would say, you know, look around your your sphere of influence. Who are your friends, Who are your family members that you trust? Who or physically responsible? Who might be interested in making an investment, but don't want to do it all by themselves. So now you know, say the franchise fee is forty thousand dollars and the buildout is five hundred four hundred, right, So now now you're each putting in ten thousand dollars versus one person doing forty thousand, right, And so you're not just pulling your liquid cash, but even your net worth. So if you own a home and you own a business. Right now, you're pulling all of that strengthening your case to become approved by your brand of choice. And then you also are pooling your human capital. So maybe someone's good with real estate, and somebody else is good with human resources, and maybe somebody else has an accounting background. Now you're bringing this whole team together versus one person trying to meet all of the qualifications that the brand is looking for. So that would be my recommendation to just think about who is in your circle that we're in a partner. Yeah, and again you can buy one, right, there's some brands that will you start with one. You buy one a year and you evaluate it. Hey, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Do we like this?
Speaker 3: Do we not? You can either continue to grow from there if the brand has a room for growth, or you can say, you know what, I'm tapped out, let's sell it. And you have the right to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So like when somebody starts their own business, now you can they can put together a pretty good business plan and go to a bank and possibly get a business loan. Do banks traditionally give business loans for franchising? You know, banks prefer to offer loans for a franchise and established business.
Speaker 3: It's approven business model. It's really hard to get loans for restaurants specifically, and so you know, there's a list of approved brands that the banks look at to make sure that they're you know that they're they're healthy, right, that the brand is healthy, it's growing, it's profitable. No bank is going to loan lend to anyone if that particular franchise isn't profitable. So a lot of startups. You know, you might have a challenge with a startup, and by startup I mean any like less than twenty units currently open and having been open for a length of time at least five years. So the bank looks at all of that. So they're going to have you put together a business plan. The brand is going to have you put together a business plan as well, But the business plan for the brand is more so about the operations. How do you plan to operate, how do you plan to market against your competitor, like, how do you know the local market? All those sorts of things. There is a section for financials, but the bank is really more so focused on the financial piece. How do you plan to pay this back? The brand that you pick is really going to help to either get you alone with the lending institution or SBA, or it's going to be something that's going to, you know, unfortunately lead you down the path of just kind of not being to get access to capital. So that's why it's really important to choose the right brand.
Speaker 2: All right, So are you ready for our lightning round?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, let me ask one more thing, right, just an example, So me and Tammy, we only got twenty thousand dollars right what? Right? But you know, because obviously we got m's in a bank. Okay, So but if we if we had a small investment amount right right now, what is one of I know, you said coffee ice cream or you said coffee and chicken. Sorry, what would one of the best franchise be like if somebody wanted to try and do something like that this year with minimal investment.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna have to have to back up for just a second. So okay, the franchise fee is is the small upfront fee that you pay. That's the only upfront fee that you pay. So would it be that you only have it for that's your total investment that you have or is that just what you have right now?
Speaker 1: To put us Well, what would be a minimum for you? Like, what would a minimum investment franchise be? Like, maybe it's not twenty thousand, So if there's smallest investment is one hundred thousand dollars, what is a what is usually a franchise fee?
Speaker 3: So a franchise fee can range anywhere from ten thousand dollars, it can go as high as ninety thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a coffee company that I work with right now. Their franchise fee is just twenty thousand dollars. So that's the only upfront fee that you pay. Then you have to qualify to get the loan unless you have the money to pay for it. So there are some service companies out there that don't require brick and mortar, so there's no equipment, there's no signage, just you know. So it depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking to do coffee, right there's obviously no home based coffee business in most companies. Before you start a food truck because some people say, well I just do a food truck, usually you need at least one brick and mortar to have a food truck because you have or a commissary. Depends on the brand. But I would say the twenty thousand dollars is doable from an upfront franchise fee perspective. I don't know a lot of franchises that you could do for that amount, right, So, for example, coffee company, fifteen hundred square foot space is probably gonna cost you somewhere between three hundred and four hundred thousand dollars to build out. And that includes your equipment, fixtures, furniture, your point of sale system, You have to go to training, so you have to have your.
Speaker 1: So this loan comes from the franchise.
Speaker 3: Nope, it comes from the bank, bank, bank or the Small Business Association s BA.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Most franchise brands don't offer financing. They usually have these third party lenders with whom they have relationships, so they can say, hey, this bank knows what we're looking for. You know, we have twenty forty to fifty franchises that have used them in the past. You can go that route, or you can say, listen, I have my own bank.
Speaker 2: You know I'm gonna yeah, because they're like, we're giving you everything else, we ain't giving you no money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's there's some laws that really like govern all of that. The Federal Trade Commission has this thing called joint employer and I won't get in all that because I'm not a franchise attorney, but it kind of it kind of lends itself to that. So the brand, there's only certain things that the brand can do based on what the Federal Trade Commission allows them to do. But that's all technical, that's not the fun stuff. But as far as like just getting the loan, you can, you know, my my suggestion is to always start talking to your bank early, as early as possible, to say, hey, listen, this is what I'm thinking about doing. What do I need to do in preparation to get approved for a loan? Right, so maybe it's six months from now, it could be next year, but at least you start having those conversations and your banker knows that you know, these are some of the goals that you have lined up for yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's something. This is some good tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is stuff.
Speaker 2: Want to get into the lightning round, all right, this is real quick. All right, Your first franchise you ever.
Speaker 3: Loved an Tiens.
Speaker 1: That's the I love that goddamn sweet won up pretzel everything. I can wait in ten minutes for that thing. They never have them ready, like we're.
Speaker 2: The one that got the hot dog in it.
Speaker 3: They do have a hot dog version. Yep. They wrap them around the hot dog like that tie between them and cinnabon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for you as a first the franchise you love are the flavor of the ship, the brand.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Your favorite business.
Speaker 3: Book, self Made by Nelly Galan self Made.
Speaker 2: I've never read that one.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta put that on my list.
Speaker 3: It's the former president of Telemundo. It's very interesting. I met her in person. Changed my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, alan in that to the queue.
Speaker 1: So if you want to be successful, you got to have them daily rituals, right, So what's one thing you must do every morning?
Speaker 3: Every morning, before I do anything, I pray ay man. That's the first thing I do. Yah.
Speaker 2: Can I tell y'all what I do?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: I like to go in the mirror and I say to myself ten times, I love you, I love you, I love you, And I just point at myself and I look myself in the eyes and I tell myself ten times that I love myself every week. Yeah that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not to try it tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah at it?
Speaker 1: We are you trying not to forget or something?
Speaker 2: No, I just want to be very loving to myself first before the rest we forget.
Speaker 1: We forget sometimes mm hmm. All right. So what's a dream collaboration? It could be a brand or a person.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: That's interesting, Shaq, Shaquille and Eil got all these franchises. When you beat when you want to be up in his business?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Shack, that's actually a good one because you know, Shack started his new concept. It's a chicken concept, and I would love to work with them one day. I think, you know, he has a really could understand the business. He's been very protective of his brand, So I think he would be a great person to collaborate with. I mean, rip to Junior Bridgeman, he would have been another one that I would have wanted to collaborate with because he was really a giant in a franchising space. But yeah, Chak would be a good one.
Speaker 1: So like this right quick? So Shaq, do you really think Shaq is handling the day to day of these franchises he's involved with or he right now he's just representing the brand. So is it that the more money you have, you really don't have to be that hands on with a franchise. I just put people in place to do the things.
Speaker 3: That's a great question. So I think in the very beginning he was very instrumental in like creating the brand. But he's brought in a team of folks who handle the day to day business. So from my understanding, and I can't I don't want to speak out a term, but my understanding is that he invested in it and was really involved in creating the menu and just the overall model itself. And so now, I mean, he has so much going on. I think he was even on a set on a board for another franchise organization for a while, so he has his hands on a lot of things. So I don't think he has a time to do all of that and beyond television, but I think he's still very close to the business to make sure that it's healthy and it's doing well financially.
Speaker 2: All right, One word that describes your franchise journey difficult difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was. Enfranchising is not easy, or building the franchise player is difficult.
Speaker 3: Well, I think just me going through all the working for all the different brands and all the things I had to go through as just a black woman enfranchising there's not a lot of us there. So I can look across a room of thirty five hundred people and count, you know, maybe ten people that look like me. So that's a little bit challenging when you're working in an environment where culturally you don't see any reflection of yourself. So that was really difficult for me. And then you know, sometimes you know I was I was very lucky along the way to meet a few people that offered to just you know, give me some assistance when I when things got difficult. But you know, I didn't really have like a mentor A lot of what I learned has been through trial and error, which you know, looking back on it, I guess it makes sense, right. That's that's how you remember things, is sometimes when when you learn the hard way. But yeah, it was difficult, but I will say that I I wouldn't change a thing looking back on it, I wouldn't change one thing because it made me who I am today.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. If someone was interested in getting involved with the franchise player, how much is that like what they have? Wouldy'all own a percentage of their business? Like what do you would? You know? Which'll want me?
Speaker 3: So, So, the way that my business model works is, you know, there's there's there are levels right level, soll entry level. We do have an online course. It's actually on sale right now for tax season. So if you want to learn like what franchising is or is it like this is a seven week course, you can buy it and go at your own pace, go at your own pace, which is stretched out over seven weeks, or if you're really serious about it and you want to dedicate like a couple hours a day, you can get through it in seven days. It's just really teaching you the fundamental So imagine spending fourteen hours with me just yapping. You know you can do that, or you can you can hire me and say, hey, listen, I want you to help me from soup to nuts and we can do that as well. Or we can figure out you know, if you say listen, I can do it on my own. I just want to figure out what the right brand is. We have a solution for that as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so y'all get your coins together, because if you want to go from soup to nuts, we charge you. You got to have some money.
Speaker 3: But if you go soup to nuts and you sign you buy a franchise within ninety days, you get a portion of that back.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what do you what do you say about getting into like today, right now today, getting into franchising knowing what we know about these the tariffs and all the things that are happening right now. I mean, cause I feel like they're going to affect like, you know, retail stores first, grocery stores. You know, the franchises have to get their products in. So is this a good time right now to start start a franchise?
Speaker 3: It's the best time. And I say that because you know, if you look back at the recession, you know that was a great time to buy real estate right when you just got to you got to follow a balancing dollar, right so figure out where where does a dollar lead in all of this. So it's a lot of noise, a lot of distraction. You know when you think about as a community, like how do we survive all of this. The only way to survive is to change our tax bracket. And so the Federal Trade Commission has read earlier right period. They have laws in place that protect franchisees, the franchise oors. These same laws don't protect independent business owns, and they also don't protect employees at corporations. Right, So get your friends together, let's buy a little something, and let's work it to make sure it's successful. The tariffs. You know, I think there's a lot going on right now. I don't know if you looked at the headlines today, but you know there's a lot of this going on. The dust is going to settle, right, because it's above us at this point, right, it's the billionaires, right making a lot of these decisions, and eventually the dust is going to settle. Cash is is going to be king. And so when you think about franchise ownership, I'm gonna leave you with this. I don't know if we're done or not, but I'm gonna leave you with this. So when you own a franchise, you can then buy the real estate right by the real estate commercial real estate, you put the franchise in it. So now you own the real estate and you own the franchise, and then if they're publicly traded on the stock market, of course you're going to buy stock. Right, So now you're in it from three different angles.
Speaker 1: So it's not just McDonald or for example, Donald's biggest industry is real estate. It's not even the burgers anymore at this point. Yeah, they're a real estate they own real estate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I mean the real estate, the stock, the actual business itself. And then even if you decide to sell the business, right you still own the real estate and whoever goes in there is gonna pay you. So just depends on how much you have to invest and ultimately what your goal is, Right, are you looking to exit your current career, are you looking to just have an additional revenue stream. Are you looking to buy a business for your kids. It really just depends on what you're looking to do. But my thing is when it comes to athletes and celebrities, like, eventually, you're not going to be an eighty year old rapper, right, Like, eventually you got to know some of.
Speaker 1: These niggas be pushing it to the limit.
Speaker 3: If they decide they don't want to right, right, you can have this business like if you if they started something this year, right, and they decided to retire in four years, this business has been working for four years creating revenue.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And so you're looking at a lot of these companies, these chicken companies, they're they're bringing in revenue wise, some some are close to two million dollars, if not more, right, some are doing even more than that. For someone looking at get started, you know, into franchising that's green, that really doesn't even really know where to start. I always recommend getting into like a snack concept because when times are good, people eat junk food. When times are bad, people eat junk food. And it's not just our community. Like people you go to go to one of those restaurants, a Cinnabon or Antiens, right, the dough doesn't discriminate everybody's everybody's eating it, right. So start with something small, start with a menu that is less complex, and that's how you get to understand what a franchise business is, how it operates, and you get to start small small investment. Start with one. Figure out it's something, if it's something you want to grow, and if you do, then continue to grow with that brand or bring in other brands and if not, like I said earlier, you can you have the options out of.
Speaker 2: Oh my girl, this was so good. This is such a good information. Listen, we are gonna take a commercial break, and then when we come back, you got to give us a dumb bitch story, Targan.
Speaker 1: Because we're so childish.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, very education on information, and we still got to get a dumb bitch story from you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you dumb bitch stories so dull because we've all been a dumb bitch at least once or twice.
Speaker 2: All right, so let me explain to you what dumb bitch story is? Okay, all right, So basically it's a segment on our shore. We talk about relationships a lot, so you have to share a time you got played by the opposite sex or same. We know people are yeah or same depending on what you're into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I know I live in Atlanta. But no, all right, okay, I got so mad. I'm trying to figure out which one are you married? No? I'm married?
Speaker 2: Okay, Mary, So you got the stories, girl, welcome to the team. Ain't none of us got on the.
Speaker 3: Ring two years old? I got all the stories Okay, how old fifty two girls?
Speaker 1: Shut up? Look good girl, it's what.
Speaker 3: Y'allot on crack either.
Speaker 1: Period. Hold on, Wait a minute, wait a minute. When these motherfucking fifty ye old bitches, it's too fine, I hear right, Okay, yeah, do get offending when people like, oh, you look good for forty, Like what was I supposed to look like? I feel like you might. She you probably are what a fifty year old supposed to look like. But you know, people just be living hard lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know my mom was fifty. She looked fifty to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you when you when you kids, and you think of fifty, you think like fifty is old. But then now that you forty, fifty don't sound old and it don't kids, and it don't look old to me no more.
Speaker 3: Like oh they keep me.
Speaker 1: The way you said you got two grandkids, so you do have kids.
Speaker 3: I have one son.
Speaker 1: Yeah your story, girl, give me that fifty yel dumb bitch story.
Speaker 2: You can share it from any time except at high school. Don't tell us no high school ship.
Speaker 3: Played by dude? Right, mm hmm, okay, I got one. So I went on this website like this dating app and I met this guy was really nice, nice looking guy, and we went on two really good days. The first day we went to a Payton SIP class we took he took me to a nice steakhouse. And then the next time we went to like a cooking class, which was real nice.
Speaker 1: So I'm like checking for him, checking him.
Speaker 3: Next thing, ye know, this dude like ghosted me. Like I would be talking to myself in the in the text, like hello, are you there?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: Are you there?
Speaker 2: So we never said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it turns out he was in town for like working on a project, a work project or whatever. He was only here temporarily and he was just trying to line up some cucci while he was in town.
Speaker 1: So he was married and he didn't get the kouchie after that second date he.
Speaker 2: Got.
Speaker 3: Yes, I figured it out eventually, But yeah, that was like I was, that was light though.
Speaker 1: That was light work.
Speaker 2: That Nigga might be dead, was.
Speaker 1: Definitely married and get something while he was in town. Yeah, there's something hopping on the apps. Hopping on the apps while they in town, right quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I was so you liked him. I wanted you wanted to give him some cucie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, this depends.
Speaker 1: Did you give him the couchie and he disappeared?
Speaker 3: But from the second day, and I don't know what's happening in these day in streets, but you know it didn't it wasn't for me. But I felt like a dumb bitch texting myself in the group want to chat?
Speaker 2: It was how many?
Speaker 1: How many? How many text messages you send him? Like a lot?
Speaker 2: Are you okay? Like everything?
Speaker 1: Like I hope you all can't you know all of that, like you were worried.
Speaker 3: I was initially, and I was like, oh, I got ghosted, Like I don't get ghosted often, But.
Speaker 2: Did you google obituary to make sure that Nigga wasn't dead? For real?
Speaker 3: I told you I don't even remember this guy's name, so if he did, that's all I got for him.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is fucked up. That is you thought she thought she had one right quick, Like you know, you have a couple of good dates like that, man, this might be my husband.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been there.
Speaker 1: They got a husband, He was.
Speaker 3: Cute, all the things, and.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: I got ghosted like that too real there, Yeah, but we went on a lot of dates. I didn't give up no ass either though, girls, So we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes that's not really ghosted then you know what I'm saying, Like, I feel like, did you lose anything? You got some good little time and lit some blow food, Like you ain't lose nothing if you ain't get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still I'll take one. And that's why for their life.
Speaker 1: Long as possible to the real niggas show up, you got the whole couchie until the real niggas show up.
Speaker 3: Ladies. You see the difference with me, I got I have like six brothers, so I put stuff together real fast. I'm like this this isn't adding up, and I'm believe I'm a leaver, so I'll leave real quick. But leave.
Speaker 1: You see, that's.
Speaker 2: Leave them up too much. They don't be wanting to talk to.
Speaker 3: You exactly exactly. Like you know, you pick up on mannerisms all that kind of stuff. They're like, oh she's smart, yeah yeah, so and they try all these different things. But I'm like, I'm like, I'm very observant, but this time I didn't pick up on it. I was just like, oh, I wonder what kind of RINGM just kidding to picking out the rings.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Tell everybody where they can find you, where they can connect with the franchise Player.
Speaker 3: All right. So I'm on LinkedIn the franchise Player, also on Instagram at I am the Franchise Player, and at I am Targi, and then also a website, the franchise player dot com.
Speaker 2: Are there any programs of webinars or events that you want to promote real quick?
Speaker 3: Yes, So we have the Franchise Game. It's August fourteenth and fifteenth and Plano, Texas, and I would love to have folks from everywhere come and check it out. It's a great way to learn about franchising, meet some of the best folks in the industry, and walk away with a lot of resources and some really good connections. So yeah, August fourteenth and fifteenth, at Young's headquarters in Plano, Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh, they gonna find that, yeah, I told her when they can find that on the player on the franchise Player webs right right, Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: It's all I'm gona come and give me a husband out there. That's what I'm gonna come get. I don't even care what y'all talk about is there some husbands out here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of husbands franchise. I don't know if there's.
Speaker 2: Somebody else, but you know, not not nobody else.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a lot of husbands in there, a lot of smart guys, a lot of guys with your good head on their shoulders. So it's definitely worth coming through.
Speaker 2: No, I'm joking. I would come for the information as well, not just getting a ring, y'all, but y'all.
Speaker 3: Pull up my personal guests. If you decide you want to come, you on my list. Thank you.
Speaker 1: This was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming on. This was great information also fun at the same time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, y'all. So y'all enjoyed this episode. Y'all tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect. iHeartRadio apple Way, but the fuck you get your podcast at? This is a j holiday two point oh on instagrams kick a Tam.
Speaker 2: Y'all is official Tam Bam on Instagram. Y'all continue to send us your resumes. We are still looking for interns. We got a couple, but we could use a couple more so. If y'all want to join us, send your your resumes to we talk back E n. T at gmail dot com. We love to hear from you. Remember, oh, I love y'all. I didn't say it, and I want to remind y'all that y'all are loved by me so very much. Remember speak now, I don't know. I never hold your capital, so you could get a franchise
Speaker 1: Bons