Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cebo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments could be two. There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright The podcasts and YouTube Show, Episode seventy four. After a very exciting, very surprising, and pretty damn expensive Week three in the NFL, I we're gonna get to what happened in Sunday Night Football, the travesty that was that. We're gonna get to Demand's grand opening, grand closing of his gambling career. All of that is coming up. The Sea Block is gonna be very interesting because I don't you know, there are some pluses and negatives to being my son. One of them is you get, you know, thrust into this gambling life at a relatively young age, and then sometimes you thrust yourself right out of it. So we'll do that in the Sea block. I assume we're probably gonna start with the Chiefs at some point, but before we get to any of that, as we always do, here's what's not on today's show. What did not make the cup for today's show is Mac Jones getting hurt on the last play of the game. Rihanna headlining the super Bowl after time. I'm very confused because I thought they announced it was Taylor Swift. Then Rihanna said out of tweet, I'm very confused by that, but I'm very happy it's Rihanna and the Bills offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey losing his mind. We actually might touch on that a bit in a kind in a circuitous way, but I'm sure, because you guys are a bunch of jerks, we're gonna be starting with the Chiefs. So demansay, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 3: Kansas City is no longer undefeated. They took a loss to the Juggernaut of Matt Ryan and the Colts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, you joke, Juggernaut. Somebody told you that the Colts win the eleven games maybe Colts finally turning things around.
Speaker 4: So somebody did to make matters even worse.
Speaker 3: Eric b Enemy and Patrick Mahomes got into an argument over the don't care about the first half ye Lashaw McCoy said on ig that all the enemy does is argue with players.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't care about that either.
Speaker 3: Now they have to go to Tampa Bay off of a loss and play Tom Brady. Are you nervous or are the Colts actually good like you said?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, that Bucks defense is excellent. That's gonna be a tough game. I believe the Chiefs will win it. I think the Bucks are two banged up, the receiving corps even if to get Mike Evans back. But we'll talk about that game in Thursday's pod and Friday's Gambling Pod. I want to talk about what happened in this unacceptable loss for the Chiefs. Even more unacceptable because as you can see, we're going to get to next The Bills lost. So this was a great opportunity to be at the top of the conference. So why did they lose? The first answer as to why they lost is because of the turf in Arizona. What do I mean that's how. Butcker sprang his ankle, and he's the second best kicker in the league and he was out yesterday and it affected them greatly. They missed a field goal they had no business missing. They went for a fake field goal because they had no faith in it. They missed an extra point because this Amendola fool was their kicker, So that's a problem. The special teams, though, as a whole, was a disaster. They forced the three and out start the game, and the rookie Pacheco muffs a punt, sets up an Indie touchdown. The next time Indy punts, he's afraid to field it. It gets down at the one. Also, our kick returner throughout the game was returning kicks to the twelve yard line, the fourteen yard lines. That are taking these and you had the missed field goal, and you had the missed extra point. At least they got that back on two point conversion, which I'm not even sure was a successful two point conversion, but they gave it to the Chiefs. And the fake field goal was terrible. Yeah, either kick the field goal or have Patrick Mahomes run it, or not run the ball but run the play a fake field goal in that Spott on like fourth and six was ridiculous. So the special teams was terrible. The Travis Kelcey dropped the game winning touchdown. That hurt. The play that you can't get over because this was one of your mini losing bets yesterday. Was Chris Jones saying something to Matt Ryan. They sack him on third and long. The Cults are gonna be punting the Chiefs then would have had the ball, they wouldn't have covered, but the have won the game. Maybe they would have covered the gutten field range, but they probably just get a few first downs run out the class. Chris Jones, right in front of the ref says something to Matt Ryan. I want to know what he said, because he didn't push him, he didn't shove him, just talking. That is a wild penalty for the ref to call. But maybe he said the situations. But also, Chris Jones gotta be smarter. He's one of the highest paid guys on the team. He's one of the leaders on the team. That that flipped the game. All the special team stuff because Bucker will be back. The Travis Kelcey dropping a touchdown, the Chris Jones stuff. Those are all one off things that I can kind of dismiss to game. They shouldn't have lost, but I can deal with it. My one concern, lasting concern, particularly going into this week, is the idea for the Chiefs offense this year was it was going to be less explosive, but they were going to be able to run the football and Mahomes was gonna have a ton of time because they had this great offensive line. The offensive line was terrible yesterday. Mahomes was under constant pressure. The running game fight Edwards Hilaire ran the ball seven times and finished with zero yards. Is long was four and then he lost yards on other plays. He finished seven carries for zero yards. All of those things are actually concerned. So I thought the defense played well. I understand they gave up the touchdown on the final drive, but aside from that, the defense, the one touchdown they give up is on the six yard field after the Pacheco muffed punt. I thought the defense all in all, did what you wanted it to do. It gave up that one touchdown, Yeah, they were pretty Other than that, only gave up field goals the rest of the way until the final drive of the game. They didn't come through, but they did come through. They got to stop on third down and Chris Listen Mahomes wasn't great. Kelsey was, you know, uncharacteristic on the drop. But the offensive line is the thing that was a little concerning and something to watch. But I'm so angry because with the Bills losing, I was supposed to be able to puff out my chest all week say I told you so, you guys are crowning the Bills. But now I can't do that because my team lost as well. It sucks. Now. I was smart not to bet. I'm unlike you. I tried to warn either. The five and a half was silly. I did have the Chiefs and a teaser, our one teaser. We gave it out in the Gambling Show. We'll talk more about that on Friday. All right, what's next, Let's.
Speaker 3: Get to the Dolphins in Josh Allen too handed Josh Allen and the Bills their first loss. You tweeted before the game that putting two in the Superstar class was ludicrous. Yeah, the Dolphins are three to zero, and now I've beaten the Ravens, the Pats, and the Bills. They also achieved the first ever butt punt. Congratulations to them on that. Yep, you've been really low on the Bills and tool, but you gotta admit defeat on one of these.
Speaker 2: Finally, hold on, Wait a second, Wait a second, Wait a second. I have not been really low on the Bills. I simply have said the overall eight. Yeah, as proven by yesterday. Okay, if the let we'll get to to a second. Let's get to the Bills first. Because of all the Bills defensive injuries, there was a path for the Bills to lose, but it to not be an indictment of them, which was the Dolphins just run rough shot over their secondary because both their safeties were out, their top two corners were out. That's not what happened. The Dolphins won this game, scoring twenty one points. The Dolphins won this game having one substantial play in the second half offensively the past to Waddle. The Bills lost for two reasons. One is their offense got stuck in the mud despite gaining all types of yards. They had a twenty play drive, a twenty play drive that resulted in three points, and they follow that up with a seventeen play drive that resulted in zero points. But the other reason the Bills lost this game was they were in situational football into the first half. They blow it. Allen almost throws the pick six, He doesn't get the spike off because he s fumbles the snap, which he fumbled a snap earlier in the game led to a short field Dolphins touchdown. Right, he throws it outside instead of just throwing it out of bounds and the half's over. That cost him a chance. At three points, they had first in goal from the two, they got stuffed three times. And then Josh Allen, who I'm told is the best quarterback in the league, one hopped an open touchdown pass which gave the ball back to Miami, which set up the butt punt. Then at the end they get super lucky that a four point game turns into a two point game because of the butt punt safety and they can't even get in field goal range before the clock expires. And that's when Ken Dorsey freaked doubt. And so here's where I want to talk about the Bills. The Bills have not won a one score game in two years. All of their wins have been blowout fashion, multiple scores. Interesting, So, and what did we see We saw Josh Allen when it came down to situational football, screw up a few times. After the game, he's like, damn near in tears. Who is consoling it. You saw Ken Dorsey, their offensive coordinator, throw a tantrum like a child after losing a Week three game on the road. So the Bills got to learn how to win games where they're not where everything's not going perfect. We're not blowing people out. Here's the other concern with the Bills. Josh Allen's awesome, he can't be one hundred percent of your team. He threw sixty two passes, he got sacked four times. He ran the ball, or he threw sixty three passes, he ran the ball eight times. That's seventy five plays. Josh Allen either ran the ball or threw the ball or dropped back to pass. That's too much. You've gotta get some running game a little bit. They had the one popped, the one run I think was Moss forty three yards. Singletary did nothing. You're gonna get him beat up. So that's the concern there. Now to Miami, I have been skeptical of Tua. Tua was tough yesterday played well. Was not overwhelming, ye, I mean he threw out the ball eighteen times. I think threw for one hundred and eighty yards. Played well. What was most impressed about Miami far and away was that defense. And that's what If that defense is above average, we know the offense should be pretty good.
Speaker 4: You're saying the standout for the Dolphins is their defense.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, it was no question about it.
Speaker 4: How come they couldn't get off the field.
Speaker 2: Well they if the old bend not break, they gave up a ton of yards. You have the bills twenty one points. Yeah, the Bill's been you know what I mean, going up and down the field on everybody. Miami forced for some turnovers, first in goal from the two, they hold them to nothing. I thought Miami's defense is what jumped out to me, and it makes you reevaluate them because if Tua can just be adequate with those skill position guys, if the defense all of a sudden's above average, now you're cooking with gas. Now you're actually working with something. Now. Do I think because they're undefeated, Miami and Philly are the two best teams in football? I don't. Okay, that's why we do tiers or power rankings, not standings. There's gonna be a lot of people who do power rankings, and they put Miami and Philly at the top this week because they're undefeated. That there's if you're just gonna do it by record, then just call them standings you gotta have. I still think the Chiefs and the Bills are the two best teams in the league. I tell you the Bills. I think the Bills are better than the Dolphins. I know the Dolphins just won. I think the Bills are better than them. But the fact that the Dolphins were able to win that game that way, not thirty eight thirty five where it's just the rookie safeties and corners can't do anything with Waddle and Hill. Hill didn't do anything, and the Dolphins won. It's a super impressive victory for them. Next, now, can we talk about something that unequivocally, unquestionably I got one hundred percent dead on accurate.
Speaker 3: Your boy, Trevor Lawrence. Yeah, statement against the Chargers yesterday.
Speaker 4: You tweeted after the.
Speaker 3: Game, Trevor Lawrence has officially become a top ten quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Yeah, the Chargers left justin Herbert and banged up.
Speaker 4: I think he has a broken rib.
Speaker 3: I think it was thirty to ten at one point, thirty eight to thirty eight to ten, and they had just.
Speaker 2: Still he's taking hits.
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, he's got it a few times. This is the bigger story here, the coaching incompetence in LA Or. Is Trevor Lawrence really great?
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Let's start with la Okay.
Speaker 2: I've been a Brandon Staley supporter because he's the coach of the Chargers, because I like his aggressiveness on fourth down. What he did with Trevor with Justin Herbert yesterday was unacceptable.
Speaker 4: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: The fact that down twenty eight late in the fourth, yeah, you leave him in is outrageous. Now, if the argument is, listen, he's the phase of our franchise. He didn't want to come out of the game. Maybe I'll listen to you. If you then just call run plays, just have him hand the ball off, All right, Trevor, you want to take every snap, you know what I mean? You want to show your team how tough you are. Deal. But I still call them. I mean, did I say Trevor Justin Herbert? No, No, no, Justin Herbert. If you want to say that, fine, And I know Staley's not calling the offensive plays, but he's got to tell his oc we are running the ball every single time. We are not getting this guy who needed an injection before the game in order to play. He's gonna take more hints, and he took more hints. That's coaching malpractice. I use that term a lot, but in this case it absolutely applies. I like Staley, it's got to get it together. That's really bad. Also as much I like the and the Chargers are really banged up already, especially on defense, and their quarterbacks hurt and Keenan Allen's banged up, so they you know, a lot of injuries. We haven't seen them really whole since Week one, and even week one they didn't have j. C. Jackson, so we really haven't seen them whole all year. The other thing's gonna hurt the Chargers is man, they just are gonna play zero true home games. Even the jag had some fans of that game, and the Jacks have no national following, so that's a problem for them. Now to the Prince, that was promised, Trevor Lawrence, I told you guys and Wilds and Brew on the TV show make fun of me because I always bring up the fact that he was the Gatorade National High School Player of the Year. But the guy was the best football the best quarterback in the country who was fifteen, when he was seventeen, when he was nineteen, when he's twenty one, and now that he's about to be twenty three, guess what he is the best young of that draft class. Okay, that draft class and the one that followed. He's the best guy, Okay, And does he have a chance to be the best of if you throw in the class before him?
Speaker 4: Draft Jalen.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts was in the one after the one. I'm sorry, the one before Trevor. Right, Jalen Hurts wasn't a rookie last year. Let me make sure I'm right about it.
Speaker 4: I think Jalen hur.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts is not better than Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 4: He's looking pretty good, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll get to him later. I'm Jalen Hurts was. Yeah, that Jalen Hurts, I'm right, was the draft class of Herbert Burrow and twoam. I'll take Jail, I'll take Trevor Lawrence. Over all those guys, Okay, long term right now, Herbert, I mean, I like Herbert, Trevor's coming for him.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: This team is one defensive collapse against Washington away from being three and zero, and they just kicked. They back to back weeks of blowing the doors off their opponents, right, beat the Colts twenty four to nothing and blew the doors off the Chargers.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, you're really taking him over Burrow and Herbert.
Speaker 2: Though, I'm telling you long I'm not.
Speaker 4: This time right now.
Speaker 2: No, long term potentially absolutely potentially like the the absolutely potentially. Yeah, fact to the matter is you don't. And he's following the Peyton Manning script. As I said, three and thirteen is rookie year. I think I think Peyton was three and thirteen. I think he was two and fourteen. Lead the league interceptions, people like I was he a little overrated? Who knows? And then boom on the scene. Also, by the way, oddly enough, Peyton Manning lost his first nine career road games one week three against the Chargers. Trevor Lawrence lost first nine career road games one week three against the Chargers. There's another Peyton Manning corollary. Let me find it real quick. Someone DMed it to me yesterday. Uh oh, yeah, no, that's the one. Uh listen, he is absolutely, unequivocally the real deal, and the Jags are gonna be a problem for people. Okay, they're gonna be a problem for people. All right, go ahead, what's the next?
Speaker 3: We got Green Bay in Tampa Green Bay, and Aaron Rodgers made a statement against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: Disagree, disagree?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady looked miserable for majority of the game, and he got hit with a delay of game on a two point conversion.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Tie, it was at the tidy game to tie the game. Yeah, exactly, Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was nothing against your future co worker. But as Tom Brady finally finished, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think Brady's finished. I thought Brady actually, all things considered, was fine yesterday. I'm not gonna pile on Brady. They had no receivers. That drive at the end of the game was vintage Brady after doing nothing the entire game, drives him down. Now, screwing up the two point conversion was bad. Yeah, trying to get a little too cute on the realignment and all that stuff. You can't take a delay a game there. You just can't, especially.
Speaker 4: As like a veteran quarter and it was almost back to back.
Speaker 2: You're right, they almost got a delay a game on the game tying touchdown, and then they did get a delay game on that on the two point conversion. That can't happen. Okay, that's a bad job by him. It also looked like did he think they had another time out? It was kind of weird, like he almost signaled for it. That Bart wasn't great. That is not to me though. The Bucks, once they get their wide receivers back, the offensive line is gonna be an issue all year, but the defense is awesome. That to me though, is actually not the bigger story from that game. Bigger story from that game is once.
Speaker 4: Again Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers looks unbelievable, then hits a touch of adversity and becomes a different guy. Packers drive down field, score a touchdown. A few possessions later, drive down field, score a touchdown. Possession later, they're driving down the field. They're at fourteen to three.
Speaker 4: Pick.
Speaker 2: He throws it to Aaron Jones. Aaron Jones fumbles into the end zone. It's gonna be twenty one to three green Bay fumbles into the end zone. The rest of the game, Rodgers did nothing. He threw a bad interception, did nothing the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the game to the interception and put his hands up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron is unbelievable, probably the best quarterback I've ever seen. When things are rolled, but as soon as things go a little roun, he gets either in his own head or frustrated or angry. They were very lucky to win that game when if after that fumble into the end zone, he could have just engineered one more field goal drive. It's no problem because the Bucks, the Bucks were doing nothing on offense. And so I oddly left that game a little more optimistic about Tampa than green Bay, even though green Bay got the win. Because Mike Evans is coming back, Chris Godwin's coming back, the young offensive line for Tampa will improve. Green Bay is going to face adversity. Aaron Rodgers is going to face adversity in the postseason and in big spots, and he's got to deal with it better. So I have a very different feeling than most people on that game. Most people are like, Ah, Rogers get you know, second career went over. Brady did just enough defenses. That wasn't my feeling watching the game. My feeling was Tampa was so banged up and Green Bay was moving the ball at will, and then Aaron Jones fumbles on what would have been a touchdown to go up twenty one to three. It reminded me of I gotta pull up the box. I should have looked this up before the show. My apologies, but the last time Rogers played Green Bay a Rogers played Green Bay. Rogers played Tampa in the regular season. I believe this was a game that they were They went up big early and on his second touchdown, he did the discount double check like double pump end zone celebration, and then she went totally sideways on it. I'm pulling it up right now because I remember this. This was Brady's first year in Tampa. I'm gonna find you say.
Speaker 3: You say that Tampa Bay's defense so great, they're always they're gonna be good moving forward. Yeah, but Green Bay, I mean, I understand that Aaron Rodgers got down on himself, but didn't when you say that Green Bay was just like kind of moving through Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: It seemed like they were kind of picking up yards whenever they wanted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, they were in the beginning of the game, and then it flipped, and then after that fumble, it flipped. I do think Tampa's got a great defense. I do. But let me just tell you what happened when Green Bay played in Tampa Brady's first year there in October of twenty twenty. I just pulled it up. Okay, they're up three to nothing. Aaron then runs for a touchdown, thinks he runs for a touchdown, does like the double thrust touchdown celebration. It didn't get to overturn. They score a touchdown anyway. It's ten to nothing, ten nothing after the first quarter. Then Tampa goes three and out or something like that. It's green Bay's bawl. Aaron then throws a pick six, which he never does. The final score is thirty eight to ten Tampa. Damn went from ten to nothing green Bay to thirty eight to ten Tampa. As soon as Aaron threw that pick six, things went sideways on and this happens in that game. He threw two interception going through for one hundred and sixty yards. I've seen this story with him before. That concerns me. Chiefs Box next week should be awesome. That well, yay, we only went five minutes over, not too bad by our Monday morning standards. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on was on Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right? Nick Wright, Episode seventy four, as we break down week three in the NFL Wait Listen, I stick around for the sea block because we're gonna talk about you know, demand it started. It was all good. Just eighteen hours ago. Demanse had a really great start to his gambling life and then just a disastrous finish because he just refuses. It doesn't matter how many times I tell him, I've lived this life before. Listen to me, he just can't help it, like, no, it'll be different, and it went. I did exactly what we'll talk about the sea block. I don't want to pile on. But sometimes, listen, this is parenting. Sometimes you know, you just gotta You can only do so much to try to tell your kid what to do and what not to do. And then sometimes they're like, no, I'm gonna know better, and then they're sitting there cursing Jimmy Garoppolo's name. Speaking of Jimmy Garoppolo Demonze, let's talk some Sunday night football.
Speaker 3: Last night, the Broncos beat the Niners in a thrilling eleven ten game.
Speaker 2: It's one of the worst football games I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: Wasn't one of the worst, it was the worst football game I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I mean, the score was seven to five. At one point ten to five, looked like it might be the winning score.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, Russell Nathan fielder.
Speaker 3: Wilson looked like his old self for a drive, But besides that, he was pretty trash. Yeah uh, somehow he might have played better than Jimmy g will either of these teams matter in a month.
Speaker 2: I think the Niners will. I don't think the Broncos will. Let's start with the Broncos. I told you guys, Russell Wilson was cooked. Yeah, and I and I might have given him too much credit. Chris Collins Worth, Russell Wilson made one throw and ran the ball one time, and Collins was like, there's the Russell Wilson I remember, Yeah, occasionally limited release Russell Wilson. I he is worth. He has to be better than what he's been. He has to be. But the Broncos that defense is so good. If they just ran the ball Javonte Williams, they might be fine. But that's not what Russell Wilson wants. You know, Nathaniel Hackett hired some guy from the outside to do his job since he can't make decisions. I guess give him credit for that, for recognize his own limitations. They're like, no, now he's gonna get back to what he does best, call plays. Broncos offense look good to anybody, like, what are you doing? But Russell Wilson has been terrible. They are very fortunate to not be zero and three. They should have lost last night. They easily could have lost in Week two. So that's the Broncos part of it. I was right about the Broncos. I was right about Russell Wilson. I don't need to take any more victory laps about it. The idea that, oh, they're going to compete for the AFC West, I understand right now. Technically the type of person in the AFC West mirage nonsense. Now to the Niners. I picked the Niners to go to the Super Bowl, and all my colleagues in the media, once Trey Lance got her, they're like, oh, I think it was actually good for the Niners. I think they're better as if we haven't seen Jimmy Garoppolo for the last half decade. I demanse snuck away to bet on this game.
Speaker 4: I didn't sneak away to betay. I went downstairs because somebody was calling me, you hate it when people were talking about the games are going respect?
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, thank you. Okay, we'll talk about the thing later. Point is I didn't know Demante had bet on the game, but I had bet on the game. It was my lock of the Week San Francisco mice point and a half because I knew Denver wouldn't be able to get to thirteen points, and I stupidly thought that San Francisco might be able to put together a couple of touchdown drives.
Speaker 4: Was looking really good in the beginning.
Speaker 2: They drove right down the field and then Jimmy Garoppolo made such vintage Jimmy G plays that the self safety followed by the pick six that only wasn't a pick six because he's safetied himself is just an all time play. Then the bron the The Broncos score a touchdown, but the defense stopped the two point conversion. So all you need is a field goal, plenty of time, all your timeouts, and Jimmy G does the one thing he can't do.
Speaker 4: I think he got sacked first and then threw.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no. The sack is later. He throws the pick across the middle of the field double covers for no reason. But that happens on the north side of the two minute warning, and so you thought the Niners were sunk, and I was like, no, they're gonna get the ball back right with plenty of time, to which they did. They had a timeout and a minute. So Jimmy throws the game losing pick. The defense bails him out. And so now they have a minute forty and a timeout down one, and you and I or I'm laying a point. Now you just need them to win. Jimmy make take all he needs to drive one drive, got a good field goal kicker and Robbie Gould. First play of the drive takes a terrible set the first play and then the next play the I forget who it was. The guy throws two fumbles. This is who Jimmy Garoppolo is. Flatly, he is going to he unlike other below average quarterbacks, maybe because he's so handsome, maybe because the media likes him so much. He won't admit in his own brain he's below average, so he thinks he can make these throws. He can't make that. On the drive, he threw the pick. At the end of the game, he damnar threw a pick six on the sideline. He threw a pick that got waved off because he ran out the back of the end zone. This is who the guy is. The Niners have an awesome running game. I like their coach a lot and a great defense. The reason the treiliance injury.
Speaker 4: Was so defastrat game.
Speaker 2: Anybody would have won that game game that and again, Trey Lance might not be great, be good, it might not be great. I don't know, but I know what Jimmy G is and it's shame on me for betting on him. But that game went about the way I thought it would. Shannan be able to design up a touchdown. Maybe they get Oh and the other thing that was just a killer was despite all the Jimmy G stuff, there were between the two teams five fumbles in that game and the Niner. The Broncos recovered four of them, including one where the Broncos fumbled and shide their own five. And there was I mean, that was a killer. It was some unlucky. There was some unlucky stuff there. There were these I was but that one. I told you so on Jimmy G. And I told you so on Russell Wilson. Russell will be better, Jimmy G will have moments where he looks better, but in the most critical spots, this is who he has always been.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, well, Monday night at football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the laws of sports require us this discuss.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys in the Giants game tonight.
Speaker 3: If the Giants win, they will join the Dolphins and the Eagles is the only three to zero teams.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, speaking of the gambling, I know we're going to talk about that, but you are heavily invested, whether you recognize it or not, in Dallas tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wait, No, I'm cooked either way.
Speaker 2: No, you're not cooked either way. We only made one bet. We didn't I didn't make both.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it was Oh, you're talking about the offer.
Speaker 2: The offer if you guys remember Friday show, demonte always makes me these ridiculous offers that I won't take. But Fridays I took. It was fifty iris fifty you were is twenty five hundred, and the stakes were that the Giants are the last undefeated team and it's the well, Buffalo just lost, the Chiefs just lost. Those were the two teams that are like, oh okay, oh and h Tampa just lost.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So now it's Eagles Dolphins. Dolphins who are on a short week this weekend Cincinnati. They could lose in three days and then it's Eagles Giants if the Giants get.
Speaker 4: Through this, but go ahead, the Giants are favored by one. Yeah, do you like them? At home? Tonight?
Speaker 2: Listen the Giants could get to four and oh by beating Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Cooper Rush. And next week they have Justin Fields, who's completed twenty three passes this season, eight eight seven, and they're somehow two and one. The Giants should win tonight if they do what Cincinnati refused to do, which is make the entire game plan about we're not gonna let Micah Parsons ruin our lives. I don't care if you have the triple team in the times. Micah Parsons, if if he's allowed to, might force three fumbles on Daniel Jones. Daniel Jones is the most fumbling percentage of games to fumbles. He's number one in modern NFL history. He amazingly didn't fumble last week, so you know he's itching for a fumble this week if the Giant, the Giants need to make the entire game plan about not letting Micah Parsons beat him. I don't think Cooper Rush is gonna have back to back good games. I do like the Giants tonight with the caveat of the modern day Derek Thomas, Micah Parsons could wreck it for the New York Giants. That's what they gotta watch, all right, what game will we play? Oh?
Speaker 4: We are playing right or wrong, ladies, and let me do it.
Speaker 3: In the AFC North, the Bengals finally won their first game against the Jets, Baltimore beat New England, and the Browns won against Pittsburgh. Right or wrong in the AFC North is the toughest division to predict.
Speaker 2: That's wrong. The Ravens are gonna win it right now this moment. Lamar Jackson's the NFL MVP, not Lion. Respect to Mahomes, respect to Josh Allen, respect to Jalen Hurts, respect to Tua. Gotta include him right now. Lamar has accounted for four or five touchdowns in every game this year, throwing and running combine. It's unbelievable what he's doing. I had a good tweet last night which Lamar can't get a contract. He's haid four plus touchdowns every single game. Russell Wilson gets a quarter of billion dollars. He's got two touchdowns on the season. The no I do think quick little pick, and I know you disagree with me here. I think Cincinnati's gonna beat Miami on Thursday. Okay, I think Cincinnati is written off far too early. I think that's Miami, the emotional, the comeback against Baltimore, then the great win against Buffalo, a bit of an emotion let down on deck for them, and it's short week and it's on the road. All those reasons, I like Cincinnati on Thursday. I also like the fact that that would then eliminate another undefeated team from our little wager. But no, Baltimore's gonna win that division. Baltimore right now. They gotta get They got to figure it out on defense, which really means they got to get healthier. But Lamar is playing MVP level. Lamar, he's playing like twenty nineteen Lamar, He's out of his mind, all right.
Speaker 3: Next uh, the Eagles are three to zero after crushing Washington. Yep, they still have five games left against the NFC East, and they still play the entire AFC South.
Speaker 4: Right or wrong, Philly will be the number one seed in the NFC.
Speaker 2: You know, people were talking about this before the year, and I didn't believe it as a possibility. Now you've got to consider it a possibility. With that said, they also lose this week. The Eagles, Yeah, you know who they're playing Jacksonville. That's the best team they've faced. They played a tight game against Detroit in week one, they blew out Monday Night Football Cousins and the Vikings in Week two, and they blew out Washington last week. I really respect what the Eagles are doing. I give them a ton of credit. The one seed is an interesting question. Let me think about it. Who's in contention for it? The Rams will be in contention for it, The Bucks and Packers will be in contention for it. God dog it? Are the Eagles the smart bet right now? Let's just look through it. At Arizona home for Dallas probably with no Dak home for Pittsburgh at Houston, home for Washington at Indy. Oh, this schedule, they might be the one seed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, seems pretty soft.
Speaker 2: They still get two games against the Giants. I know, I'm supposed to pretend I think the Giants are good, but I refuse to. They get New Orleans at the end. I mean, this game against Jacksonville is that their second hardest game left. They have home against Green Bay. But this schedule is Jacksonville at Arizona, Dallas, Pittsburgh at Houston, Washington at Indy Green Bay, Tennessee at the Giants, at the Bears, at the Cowboys home for New Orleans home for the Giants.
Speaker 4: Sounds fun.
Speaker 2: That's one hell of a schedule. Yeah, that's unbelievable. Yeah, I think they. I think they might. They absolutely at the top. The one seed. I might have to give it to him. I mean, I'm not locking myself into this take, but I'm gonna say right now, I think that's right. That's unbelievable. All right, next, All.
Speaker 3: Right, the Vikings, Packers, and Bears are all two and one, and the Lions are the second highest offense or second highest.
Speaker 4: Team football at one and two. Right or wrong? Three playoff teams will come out of the NFC North.
Speaker 2: No wrong, absolutely wrong, Okay, no, no, no, no, no. The Lions are Mirage and the Bears stack. I don't care. If the Bears have two wins, they stick.
Speaker 3: The Bearskay, the Bears, fine, Lions, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, Jared Goff and that defense, it's not happening. The NFC playoff teams. Philly's gonna be in Green Bay, is gonna be in Minnesota's going to be in Tampa's going to be in the Rams, are going to be in. I still believe the Niners will be in. The Cardinals are cooked. Seattle's obviously not participating this year. The Saints are cooked, the Falcons are cooked. That last playoff spot is going to come down to Carolina, which could be three and oh they're one and two. Carolina, Dallas and the Giants. Those three teams are competing for the last playoff spot, not the Lions, not the Bears. That one's easy. Last topic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lebron's weed it out Saturday, asking if he was still eligible to play college football. Administrative director Jeans Smith responded, confirming, your goat can actually come back and play college football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jr did it? Yeah, not football but golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, same exact thing. I think he's he's looking up to, I mean, not looking up to, but kind of following the lead of j R. Smith.
Speaker 3: Right A wrong, Lebron is gonna play college football. I don't think he's going to.
Speaker 2: I think it's wrong. I do think it would be the dopest ever if Lebron, at like forty four, went to go play tight end for a big time college football team.
Speaker 4: Did you put Yeah?
Speaker 3: But like, what position do you see Lebron playing tight end at forty four years old.
Speaker 2: Just a monster tight end. I think he'd be awesome at it too, six ' eight, incredibly strong, the right size. Or they could just use him as like if you're like, he's not going to be able to block, just like a goal line receiver, just throw jump balls to Lebron. What he really should do is try to be a goalie for like the for a college soccer team.
Speaker 4: What what That's insane? No, I just wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: I just feel like he'd like if you taught him the game, he'd get to everywhere go. I mean, he's so big and he has such long wingspan and such quick reflexes. I think he'd be just like an unstoppable goalie if he trained for it. But I do think forty, Like, here's the thing, people like, Ay, he's gonna be too old. Lebron is still one of the ten best natural athletes in the NBA. So the idea that he wouldn't be one of the best athletes, like we're talking down the road, do I think right now this moment, Lebron James could be an elite college football player and situationally, of course, he's an elite professional basketball player. He was a great high school football player, and you would just have to use him on you know, like goal line stuff. Yeah, catching jump balls. Why could he not do it? Antonio Gates played no football, was a basketball player, became one of the greatest tight ends ever. Tony Gonzalz' basketball player also played football, one of the greatest tight ends ever. Like, I mean, this is the there's a model for it. Lebron's bigger than all of them, and taller than all of them, and more athletic than all of them. I think it'd be unbelievable. All right, do we have one more of these four movies?
Speaker 4: We do have one more?
Speaker 3: After The Safety from Jimmy G and the Butt punp from Miami Right or wrong, the QBS who had the best Sunday were Dan Orlovski and Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Sanchez I don't think is off the hook or Lavsky is. Yeah, I mean, Orlovsky has been waiting his whole career for someone else to do this, and now it's Jimmy G. And now there will be a whole generation of people that remember that as the Jimmy G play, not the Orlowsky play. The Yulowski play was funnier because Jared Allen got so excited when pointing at him, like laughing at right, yeah, and Orlovsky. It was just like it wasn't even close. But Jimmy G's is gonna live longer because Jimmy G with respect to Dan, Dan was a backup quarterback, fringe NFL player who's become an excellent television analyst. Jimmy G is like a real NFL career, and he ran out of the back of the finin zone. It's unbelievable. It's unbelievable that I bet on this guy. Speaking of gambling, grand opening, grand closing, demand's gambling career. That's next, What's Right? Welcome back in episode seventy four, What's Right? Nick Right. On Fridays, we do a gambling show and demon listen. I'm a gambler. I consider myself a semi pro poker player. I previous this year had a very good public record against the spread betting football and said, this year I go two and three every goddamn week. It's very frustrated. And listen, I got it. Honestly, my dad before he straightened his life out and got on the Fire department maybet mad at me for saying this, but it was literally fifty years ago. You know, ran a bit of an illegal gambling operation, and I E took me to card games when I was a teenager, and it's kind of in our blood and I, much to the chagrin of Demons's mom, I have brought him into this world and tried to give him the parameters for If you want to bet sports, here's the way to do it. You need to figure out your unit size. You need to stay true to it. You need to analyze the slate. Ideally pick three or five games, but do it ahead of time. Lock those bets in. If you're doing three, you only need to win one in order to avoid a really bad week, because you go one and two you're basically down one unit. DEMONTI did all of that. Bet three games on Saturday, signed up for our friends at Fox bet bet three games. Said to me Saturday night, so excited, can't wait. Sat with me Sunday and Sunday when we're watching the games. I said to him, I was like, Ah, it's kind of a shame. All three of your games are in the one o'clock window. Ideally you can't bet like this, but they're spread out a bit so you don't then make extra bets later. And I'm like, uh, me and the one o'clock window, Demonte had a winning window, two wins, one loss. The only loss was the Chiefs game. And I'll let you take it from here to Monsey. Then what happened? What did you do for the four o'clock window?
Speaker 4: I bet on Tampa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at one and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't tell me until after the fact. I could tell Demant was so invested in the game that I said to him, I was like, did you bet the bucks? And at first he I think he said no, but then he was like, yeah, I did I bet the bucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I just didn't want to have that, like, I didn't want to have it in the air that I was on the game.
Speaker 4: I just wanted it to be over before I canto.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh. And then lost that one, lost that one, And then when.
Speaker 3: I I doubled down and basically put based essentially my tired.
Speaker 2: The full account account, just put the whole account on.
Speaker 4: Uh on the Niners.
Speaker 2: The Niners. Yeah. I can't say it was a bad bet. I was on that bet too, Yeah, And then I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna sell a pair of my Jordan's though I'm getting the money back. I'm definitely getting the money back.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sell a pair of your shoes.
Speaker 3: I'm going to sell a pair of my shoes. I've noticed it, Like, honestly have a couple pair that I've gotten recently. I don't wear them that much. I feel like they could easily go for upward of one. Get them out of there. I basically lost fifty bucks on Fox bet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's let's talk about it, because what did you say to me after that? Because the Niners game was another We've gone through you in a very short period of time. Have gone through a lot of the different stages of gambling. Yeah, the stomach punch in the Ravens game last week, the first round knockout in the Bengals game, the regret about bets you didn't make on Monday Night football right, the unnecessary wait, why did I even bet this? I was had a winning day feeling of the Bucks game, and then the it's right there for the taking the quarterback justin I could have cashed.
Speaker 4: Out at like two eighty or something like that.
Speaker 3: Like I looked at the I looked at the my bet slip or whatever, and I think the Niners were up denver At just punted something like that and I could have cashed out and like made like eighty or ninety bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I looked at it.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I should definitely do this right now, and I was just like, no, man, I want it all.
Speaker 4: I want it all.
Speaker 2: And so what did you What did you say to me the moment the Niners fumbled?
Speaker 4: I said, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not quit, I'm not betting anymore. I can't.
Speaker 3: I know how I am, and I just can't put myself through that type of that type of stress like it was.
Speaker 4: It genuinely pissed me off.
Speaker 3: I know I was actually upset, and I don't want to be upset about I don't like.
Speaker 4: I have no control over it.
Speaker 3: Jimmy g sucks like I can't do anything about him being bad at football.
Speaker 2: It's listen, can I tell you something, honest to God? If you stick with that, stay with that, It's one of the most mature things anyone can possibly do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you don't, then come, because I know you love the Dolphins. On Thursday. Oh, here's the other thing. That's the other thing. During during Sunday Football, after the one o'clock slate, right when Tampa was getting started, Demons was looking at week four lines. I was it was like, oh, I really like this one. I was, and he's flying high. But emotionally it's a lot and it carries when you're For some people, it enhances their enjoyment of watching football. Some people, it ruins it. You don't want it to ruin it. And I really enjoyed sitting there with you and watching the game.
Speaker 3: It definitely doesn't like I think, not saying that I'm gonna bet again, Like I feel like if I because I've got ten dollars left on the account, if I were to ever like like, I can tell that just by doing that, it would never take me out of the game.
Speaker 4: I would always be invested in. Like, I don't think I don't think it sucked the fun out of football for me.
Speaker 2: No, I just think it just it. Here's my other question. Did it affect your sleep? Because it affects my sleep if I have a really really bad gambling back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So it was definitely it was like one of those uh yeah, it was like like a.
Speaker 2: Really big feeling in the pit of your stomach. Yeah, it's the only thing I can compare it to is the feeling you have the next day if you drank too much the night before and feel like you embarrassed yourself. Yes, that exact feeling of like, oh that was bad choices.
Speaker 4: Yeah like that.
Speaker 2: You we're gonna say, spent too much money at the bar. Yeah like that, same like what, no, why did I do that? And so listen, man, I am the I am. The other thing I was going to say to is this, there are five acknowledged vices in the world that I know of, drinking, smoking, drugs, sex, gambling, And I'm listen. I'm not a puritan. I'm not one to say no one should have any vices. I am one to say we all need to take steps back at times and say, am I checking all the vices? And if I am, I need to curtail it a bit. So like for me personally, I'm married, so sex is not one of them. Like going out and being reckless sex weird. I'm just well, I no, I'm saying like when I think people say sex, they mean like you know what I mean, going out chasing women, chasing men, whatever it is, it's obviously not mine. And I don't use drugs, so those two are gone. I do drink, you know, the occasional Lobos tequila. You know, for fifteen years, I've been trying to kick the smoking habit. That's a winning and losing battle. And I gamble, So I'm at three. I was thinking about it when it looked like you were gonna keep gambling, It's gonna go to you and be like, buddy, we're gonna have to eliminate a couple of the others. We can't. We can't be gone with the super factor of the vices. We got it. We got to cross a few off. Now if you're just naturally crossing off gambling.
Speaker 3: Gambling honestly, and drinking is like I think, off the table. The smoking is definitely on the board for me. I think that's very clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but fortunate we don't need to talk about drugs and the women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those there's a couple of ones that I feel like, I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Eh, listen, like I said, we all live our own lives. You're grown up. I you know, we you know, we live and we learned. I would you know, the I'm glad to hear. You know, I'm just glad I was.
Speaker 3: I looked at it like, you know, my dad owes me a little bit of money, I'm gonna take this little bit of money out, which didn't It didn't amount to what you know, what you gave me or what what you owed. So like I'm honestly like a numbers dude, I look at my bank account. I'm like, all right, so I take this two hundred out. No matter what happens, if this two hundred leaves this number that.
Speaker 4: That my bank account says after I take the money out is going to stay the same. Yeah, but I'm gonna leave all them. I'm not gonna take any more money out.
Speaker 2: No, I just listen, as I was worried, honest to God, when you told me you bet the Bucks game and then told me you bet the Niners game. I was worried you read a positive. I know I was. I was, legit worried you would read a positive. You didn't.
Speaker 3: No, nothing ever came out on the two hundred. Okay, all right, listen, this is one hundred dollar a weekend.
Speaker 4: I didn't go out. I stayed in the house.
Speaker 2: Well that's the other thing, and again we're not on this show tell people not to gamble. Everyone's got to make their own decisions. But you also have to This is the honest advice here. You cannot look at it as a way to make money. You have to look at it as an investment in entertainment that could end up making you money. Yeah, you can't. This is the same thing I tell you go to the casino, Like whether you bring with you two hundred bucks, five hundred bucks, or two thousand bucks at the casino, whatever it is, you have to be willing whatever money you walk in there with to leave with none of it and still feel fine about it, Like, hey, I got five hours of entertainment frax amount of dollars. I'm fine with it. And if you had just lost, if you hadn't made that last bet and you had lost forty bucks yesterday, and it was like, Okay, I had legitimate ten hours of captivating entertainment for forty dollars.
Speaker 4: I actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, then it's like okay, money well spent. It's the and this is where it's hard. It's the chasing, and it's the natural greed because and this isn't an I'm not knocking you. I promise Demanse had a winning, winning day day, but it wasn't enough. And that's the that's the struggle we all have. It's the struggle we all have. And I'm not helping America because I'm giving out losers. I've given them two and three every week that changes Friday. There has been one hell of a show. I'm proud of your son. Fun watching football with you Thursday night. I'm all over the Bengals. You're not on anything. We'll see how it goes. We'll talk to you guys on Thursday. What's right