Speaker 1: It's time to Raise the Roof for our latest right this season podcast. Welcome back to the pot everyone. I'm your host, Alex Murphy. We have another one of our patent pended Raise the Roof interview episodes for you today. We do have our interviews from the Baltimore series to come, so do stay tuned for that. But this episode will be interviews from Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, of which the Raised one winning another series at home. Can't say that about this series against the Tigers, as the Rays have lost the first two games. This slide that I promise is not my fault, but this slide that the Raiser on which started before I went to Baltimore before, again not my fault. This current slide is not going off of the race, but the rais to get a series win in there against the Angels. You'll be hearing from race manager Kevin Cash, race starred basement junior Camdero, shortstop Taylor Walls, starting pitcher Shane McClanahan, and interview our end first baseman Jonathan Ronda. All of them were interviewed and talk with the media postgame, so in that order. By the way, again Cash, Caminaro, Walls, Sugar, Shane, and Ronda in that order, will be in this podcast.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have our sea Geek break again. If you guys haven't used the seak gap yet and you haven't used our code, it's raised the Roof at checkout to save yourself money on your first purchase using sea Geek.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We're gonna run that ad and we'll be right back in the slatest episode of raisor roof.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, Alex here with a quick word from our sponsor Seek. Sea Geek is your one stop shot for tickets for everything from live theater and concerts to sporting events like Raise games. Seakeek uses a color coded scale to show you where the best deals are, with green being good and bread being bad. If you haven't used seageek before, we have a special deal just for you. Use code raise the Roof that's raised spelled r a ys at checkout for twenty dollars off your first purchase with sea geek again. That's code raise the Roof for twenty dollars off your first seat Geek purchase. Thanks so much to sea geek for sponsoring us and let's get back to this latest episode of Raise the Roof.
Speaker 3: Take theituation. I mean, yeah, the pitch before he kind of took an odd twing for Johnny, but it didn't phase him at all. I got another sinker down on the zone and carried it for a big home run to get us on the board.
Speaker 4: Believes it's help.
Speaker 5: Give you that conferance, what you like about the way you keep it help.
Speaker 3: I mean he's so good at that. You know, that approach with the contact and you know they run a bunch of lefties against us today and trying to find that right bought to get a guy in there. Ben came up and was ready to go and smoke the ball. We needed every run. I mean, the Angels were challenging the.
Speaker 6: Offense, and the scored on the fellow home or two singles and two base footed walks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, I think those bases, little walks, I mean, they're just as important Yondi's at bat huge. I think Cedric had the other one, you know, understanding you got to come to him and the way he's swinging the bat, they're gonna be very careful. But didn't help the pitcher out at all. And runs have been a little challenging to come by. We'll take them however we can get them.
Speaker 7: Junior pretty good defensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he made a nice, really nice play to his left, covered some ground, got up really quick and fired it over there.
Speaker 7: That same for a second. He was pretty hardered himself. He earlier in the season. Have you see him mellow at a little bit in his personality?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he's in a pretty good spot mentally right now. He's very competitive like we've always known, but I think he's doing a lot of things that he's happy with and just wants to find that to continue.
Speaker 7: This month that he's put together what he's.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we're fortunate to have him right in the middle of the lineup, and I know the separation you gotta have. The rity's are always a thought with Yandi Cammy together, but you got a factor and Johnny's sitting there right in the middle of the damage that he can do. He uh spiked himself, I believe. Uh yeah, I've clipped his knee up with the other spike. You're asked, as crazy stuff can happen, Yeah, but he's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's important of this series to get this team back.
Speaker 5: On the track.
Speaker 3: They're all important. We want to win every series we play.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I do like that we came home and we were able to find a way to win a series after you know, a challenging road trip.
Speaker 7: To get into the win the effort.
Speaker 9: Want to say about today's performance?
Speaker 10: Oh, very what you have to leave for everybody?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 10: Uh, crazy check mcclan. I have to live. You know, pretty good? I y, I used man, pretty good.
Speaker 9: They're starting to leg and they're hitting too to that, you know, pretty yeah for the boys to it your defensive performance, you had that one play and that she just went crazy over over.
Speaker 4: In that defensive performance that you had.
Speaker 3: How have you tried to continue to grow in that area?
Speaker 7: And what did you like about your performance?
Speaker 4: Than?
Speaker 10: You know, I work here a lot. I work here a lot with my difference and we gotta continue.
Speaker 9: We gotta continue, right thing, and you know, thank you out for another the great day and for everybody here and well we gotta continue, well continue, and you know we gotta get big go and we together of the team.
Speaker 7: How good is it be able to make a play like that they've given? How much work would seen you putting in?
Speaker 10: Very happy, you know, fair happy. I say, wow, you know, uh, thank go way. We give me that re storty to like that. And and you know, Creditie Prady, William.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: A lot of a lot of teams, a lot.
Speaker 9: Of you know behind me just to score to score.
Speaker 10: And you know, credit to William. It's a metsy guy.
Speaker 6: And credit to him from Arondo home run today and.
Speaker 10: I run, I I say, how you do die boil down? You know, great hitter.
Speaker 7: Just the offense as a hole. You guys score in different ways.
Speaker 8: I'm in two basis loaded walks just kind of you'll take runs anyway you can get.
Speaker 10: 'em, right, yeah, yeah, you do 'em. Yeah, and they don't put the good day.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: We gotta we gotta mac our approaching and we gotta put.
Speaker 10: Him play in the ball and that's what we do to it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, great outing from him.
Speaker 4: You know we needed it.
Speaker 8: Uh, Rubbert match today go out and uh you know, put together dominant performance like that and and allowing us to you know, play defense behind him and try to put a few runs up and take.
Speaker 10: A lead was huge.
Speaker 7: A couple of players that really fired him up. The one that you made in the hole, of the throw and then Junior's play in the fifth. Can you think us through way saw on yours?
Speaker 8: Yeah, on mine, I just knew change up was coming, failed he probably had to. I mean, it's it's hard to not be out in front on his change up because you have to respect his fastball so much.
Speaker 4: So, UH saw it off back to my right.
Speaker 8: Knew I had a good chance of getting there, and I really just need to make a good throw to first to get him. And then Junior was a heck of a play as well, probably a ball maybe I can g love it, but there I don't think that there's a chance I can get an out by how close that that play was. So for him to be able to get dirty there, catch it and come up and make a good throw pretty pretty efficiently, it was huge.
Speaker 5: Junior just noticed about how much he's been working in that potent area.
Speaker 4: Just what have you noticed too about defensively how he wants to.
Speaker 3: Get better there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think the drives there. You know, he just has to continue to go out and and and work hard, make the right adjustments, understand maybe things that you know he could improve at, or things that you also have to kind of understand who you are as your personnel and your strengths and weaknesses, and understanding you know, he doesn't have to go out there and be a gold Glove defender, so you know to take that next step. Like all it is making the routine plays, catching the balls right at you, ultimately just being ready and and you know, taking it pitch by pitch, expecting the battle to be it being hit to you every single time. And I think that mentality, he's gonna do nothing to get better. Left you think it was out and off the bat. I knew I squared it up, but I knew I hit it really high. I honestly didn't think. I thought I was probably gonna be a flyout to the track. And then as it kept carrying and where it ended up when he started to get to the wall, I'm like, dang, there's chances goes over. And then he robbed it, and I'm like, dude, you have a kidding. I'm like, if I had like nine or ten of them and you took one away, fine, but I got zero, Like.
Speaker 7: Let me have one.
Speaker 4: You had a slab before, thinks so yeah, New York.
Speaker 10: Yeah, gets come home and take you beat.
Speaker 7: At three and kind of do a bunch of different things.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, it is, yeah, I was thinking about that today for his I guess it's off our game as we felt the past week or so. We've only lost one series out of out of the three that we played, so uh, you know, to to split one, take one and then and lose one. You know, it's it's not as bad as I feel like we feel, you know, compared to how I guess they'll kind of all we were playing before that skit happened, but this is a step forward. I think Carrie carry that over into tomorrow and will be good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just cleaner all the way around. It starts with pitching and defense.
Speaker 8: Shane going out and putting together a good performance and you know, getting us out of the first ending clean and then us arounda coming up big with a homer in the first to get on the board early. Defense was great all night. I felt like behind them and and we came through with a couple of hits. We had runners in scorn position. I feel like we've done a really good job of getting runners in scorn position, especially in less than two outs.
Speaker 7: We've just we've had.
Speaker 8: Good at bad we just haven't had the ball fall or been able to move him from third to home.
Speaker 10: I think today we did that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean he's locked into when he's When he's the way that he is now, he can get to anything regardless. I mean that pitch what was a O two heater probably off down and in. I guess a guy with a good fastball, a good change up you have to respect to when you get the two strikes. And for him to just drop the barrel of the bat to it like that and pull it like he was dead red sitting on it, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Your performance And how did you feel today? Well? I got the job done.
Speaker 11: You know I I feel like I say this every single time, but you know I could have I could have done some things better and really really good plays behind me today.
Speaker 4: You know, I can't say enough about.
Speaker 11: Junior and the work ethic and you know the plays he made today and same with Taylor that ball and then the.
Speaker 10: What was it five six hole.
Speaker 4: Label? Offense responded great and you know, Bulwi can doun hm really good game.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna ask you about the Junior your reaction, you're pretty animated by you saw on him, But a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on his defensive on way you're just how.
Speaker 3: He's continued to try to work and growing up.
Speaker 1: What do you.
Speaker 11: Appreciate about that? You know, I I think you know, Junior, Junior took it tough yesterday and you know, he was a little frustrated, and to see him getting the early reps today and you know, just the way he responded was it's awesome.
Speaker 4: Ast I was. I told him, I'm like, dude, that's what a leader does.
Speaker 11: The way the way you bounce back, the what what you showed today, and the like how you handled yourself, Like that's what a leader does.
Speaker 4: And you know, love that kid.
Speaker 11: He's he's so talented and you know the fact that there's what twenty two it's it's crazy. It's special what he does. And he's only going to continue to get better and evolve as a player. And I really hope I can, you know, be a part of that.
Speaker 4: I'm watching him.
Speaker 8: When I think he's for Taylor play to make you say, wow, that's gonna be pretty special, right.
Speaker 11: I don't want to give him too much credit, but uh no, I mean Taylor Walls is the best shortstop in the league, and to watch him go.
Speaker 4: To work every single day. It's it's it's truly, it's in honor.
Speaker 11: Like there was probably six or seven or eight or plays so far the season where I'm like, oh, that's a hit and there's Taylor and.
Speaker 4: You know to It gives you.
Speaker 11: A ton of confidence on the mound to be able to just say, you know, here's my stuff, hit it and know that the guys behind you are gonna take carey business.
Speaker 10: I feel like you guys kind of play a little bit more like yourselves. Should I have for you know, obviously a couple of.
Speaker 4: Long or two, Yeah, for sure. I think it's a good way to put it. We played more like ourselves.
Speaker 11: You know that the small ball, the moving guys over, you know, great defense, you know, decent pitching, and.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 11: You know it's baseball. You know there's gonna be times we're loso games, but there's gonna be times more times we wouldn't games. And I think one thing this clubhouse did a really good job of was, you know, not getting too high, not getting too low, and so to be able to respond the.
Speaker 4: Way we did the series was was was good both of you.
Speaker 7: Earlier in the season, you were pretty hard on yourself if you kind of fellow whatever in the last couple of weeks and you learned a couple of things.
Speaker 11: But I can fill I'm still pretty hard on myself, and I think that's what kind of makes me who I am. And just as a competitor, are they sometimes unattainable goals? Absolutely, But you know, I'm not gonna go out there and try and just be you know, average or mediocre and just accept anything but my best. And so you know, it's always that let's strive for excellence this, you know, to be great to help this team in a ton of games.
Speaker 4: And I think the thing that I've appreciated.
Speaker 11: The most so far is the way I'm able to, you know, bounce back and say, you know, it's okay, Like you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Be so hard on yourself. It's good.
Speaker 11: But there's a little more gratitude, a little more grace, And I think it's it's it's going a little long way.
Speaker 7: It says a video make sure he's a person as well?
Speaker 6: Does it?
Speaker 4: It could?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that you know, I'm you know, we're.
Speaker 4: Exactly I think I want to be or need to be.
Speaker 11: But you know, I'm constantly trying to grow as a person as a teammate, and I think once you think you've arrived, like that's that's wrong. There's always room for improvement. There's always room for you know, the next step in your journey, and I'm always trying to.
Speaker 4: Chase that next step.
Speaker 7: Thank you aspre and and walk us through. How are you able to get to it the way that you did?
Speaker 8: Why not stay?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: When I was implemented on the.
Speaker 5: Aready, Yeah, on the previous pitch, he actually made me look a little silly. And when you look at the pitch, I mean that's just kind of a pitch that you let your hands kind of flow through and your hand's kind of do a lot of the work.
Speaker 7: So that's what happened.
Speaker 5: And you know thing the way I was able to get a good result.
Speaker 8: A couple of your teammates have said that this month locked it and how to play, You've been able.
Speaker 12: To do messingtail movie and I'm missing tal yes, the and in case content.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: To be completely honest, I feel really good right. I feel like the player that I am, you know what I mean? So you know I've been able to make a lot of adjustments, put a lot of work in the cage, and things have flowed well.
Speaker 10: For me, thankfully.
Speaker 6: You like to spoil some pictures and then kind of get to the one you want if that's something that you've been working on. It seems like you've been doing that a lot.
Speaker 12: Of the month when you implemented on the it's the ban and momental place by the movie and he.
Speaker 10: Like charm.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I thinks kind.
Speaker 5: Of just the factor of everything coming together right this month or lately with my style of player, you know, just being able to see pictures, being able to be selective with pitches, and just doing the proper job that I need to do to get the results that I want.
Speaker 6: In some of the plays that your teammates NICs today Junior diving play, Taylor almost back their.
Speaker 10: Base, You've got a pretty good view of that at first. What are you seeing from those guys?
Speaker 12: And and may keep one mean Philly used to play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they make it look easy, right, you know, but credit to them for just the work they've been able to put in. You know, it's they make it look easy, but it's not easy. So you know, I'm really happy to have them in my infield. I'm happy to have them in my team and be able to be their first baseman.
Speaker 7: The series is a whole nice to bounce back after a tough one in Baltimore.
Speaker 12: Content implementedo espera Mosque guess the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course, right, you know, we went through a little bit of a Russ charge, but now we're back at home and like you said, you know, we were able to bounce back, so you know, hopefully things keep playing this way and hopefully we keep this moment.
Speaker 10: I'm going cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, And that is going to conclude things on this latest episode of raisor Roof. We appreciate you guys always for your support with everything that we have going on. Be sure to not only check out everything that we have going on, but also check out everything over at Just Baseball, everything all cross their podcast feed, plenty of great podcasts, plenty of great articles and content covering the world of baseball and the Tampa Bay Rays. Uh, and we're gonna be doing continue to be doing some great things with them moving forward, so do stay tuned for that. But if you guys haven't followed everything that we have going on here at Roof. It's Razor Roof TV on social media Twitter, slash x, Instagram, Blue Sky. You shure to check us out there. We're gonna try to get our TikTok account moving go moving forwards to just stay tuned for that. Our YouTube channel has Raise the Roof. Be sure to subscribe to us there. We're gonna have interviews, podcast recordings, podcast clips, shorts, anything like that, under the sun, game footage, anything like that, be sure to use. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast. Turn on those post nutties so you guys know when new uploads are happening and you can join and be part of the fun. If you guys haven't followed us on the podcast side of things, be sure to look us up. We're Raise the Roof wherever podcasts are found Spotify, Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, all that good jazz. Just be sure to look up again Raise the Roof our a y s the Roof. Subscribe, believe us, review hopefully a five star review, and share this with your family and friends. Anyone who know who's a baseball fan or a race fan the ones to added podcast in their podcast feed. We'd love to be part of it. A shout out two hour sponsors we already mentioned Seek also in the clutch JKS, Prince and Homage be sure to use that code Raise the roof to get our ay asked the roof. You know caps, check out Save yourself some good stuff and check out our Homage affiliate link. If you guys want to get yourself some MLB licensed Raise merch. It's all there on Homage. With all that being said, thanks so much for listening it. As always, raise up