Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. You also champion a four week, four day workweek, right yep, So talk about that.
Speaker 2: What I realized is that we have a big problem in the typical workplace, which is that most of corporate America, at least what I've seen, is that everyone is perpetually exhausted, and so they're working five days a week. They're in a bunch of monotonous meetings of doing work. They're not even sure as important. They have to catch up on work on the weekends while they take care of their families. And you know, no one can ever catch up.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Forty work week is tied in with a few concepts, but the underpinning is that I've tried to figure out in my companies is how to eliminate what I call work theater. And this is a phrase that most of the things I talked about I've used from others. This is a phrase that I coined work theater. Most of the work that people do doesn't matter. I'd say ninety percent is work theater, meaning it's work that just looks good but doesn't actually accomplish anything.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: And so people working so much, they're so exhausted, and they're getting nothing done for the company because they're consumed with red tape and bureaucracy. And so what I found is by shortening the work week and say no, you don't have five days to get everything done. You've got four days to get everything done. You can't schedule meetings Friday through Sunday. You need to expect people are going to be off these four days. You're going to be present focused. This I took from Twitter is not mine. It's called work like a lion, not like a cow.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I want my team to come in and work like lions for four days as much as they can, and then I want them to go relax, be with their family, be with their friends, enjoy life, heal so that they can come and work like lions. I think as human beings, we're supposed to go hunt and then we're supposed to go relax. We spend too much time in this middle ground. So to me, I found much more productivity when we have these intense spurts of hunting and then where every people have their own lives.
Speaker 3: So all your employees work for four days, yes and no. H We try to adhere to it with love. With both.
Speaker 2: It's been experiments, so both has it rolled out, but both his later stage could maybe afford to do it a little bit more love. We're trying to do it, but we still end up working a lot of Friday, So I can't say fully that we're doing it with love right now, but we're trying.
Speaker 3: We're being mindful of it. And you champion remote work, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all my companies are one hundred percent remote. I never want to go back to an office again, and that's just the personal choice that I made.
Speaker 3: And other hubs.
Speaker 2: So some folks, there's a cluster in San Francisco, or a cluster in New York or cluster in LA and they meet up. They may have shared workspaces. So there's certain clusters that like to come together into my various companies and work a prism. Another one of my companies has a bona fide office, but they have a pretty kind of hardcore sales culture and it fits them, so you know, I do. One of my companies does have a bona fide office, but it's not something that I'm that I'm married to at all, and I typically prefer remote.
Speaker 3: So you go, both has eight hundred, please.
Speaker 2: No, both has gone down by quite a bit, and we've just realized that with our narrow focus on going after the world's largest customers, we didn't need as many people and many headcounts. So we actually completely removed our focus on SMB just small, small and medium sized businesses to focus on big accounts. So we brought the company. Now it's below two hundred. How many you d love about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Right, And so you have that, but you also have the nonprofit work, yes, and I know that's very important to you talk about that.
Speaker 2: I believe that spiritually we're supposed to give at least ten percent, if not twenty percent, of what you make back.
Speaker 3: This is my fundamental belief.
Speaker 2: I believe if you don't do that, you're hurting yourself because you're gonna have you're creating karma. And so selfishly, I want to stay healthy, I want to stay safe, I want.
Speaker 3: My businesses to be successful.
Speaker 2: So so I try to give back as much as I can because I know spiritually you have to. Uh it's not a lot of people say, oh, I'm gonna wait until later in life, that's a proven thing to do.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in that at all.
Speaker 2: I think you have to always be giving back to the community. It has to become a muscle that becomes ingrained in you. So I have a few different impactulated initiatives. My most prominent nonprofit is called the Movement. So dance has completely changed my life. It was a healthy outlet for me that got me through many tough times in a very healthy way. And so I realized that dancing is one of the most scalable ways to spread happiness and mental health because all you.
Speaker 3: Need is a floor and a speaker.
Speaker 2: So if you're going to try to solve a mental health crisis at a homeless shelter, refugee camp. It's very difficult. You have to hire if you're gonna have to hire a psychiatrists, it's one on one or one hundreds of dollars per hour. Other methodologies are not very scalable or very expensive.
Speaker 3: Dance, you know, floor in a speaker. And so we started.
Speaker 2: We did some work with some homeless shelter, some disabled centers, after school programs, and then we realize that we can go do refugee camps where there's one hundreds of thousands of people who are suffering. So we've picked one of the largest in Africa called Biddy Biddy and two hundred and fifty thousand refugees in Uganda. Then the massive suicide crisis and a massive mental health crisis. I think it's something like thirty or forty percent of their residents is they are depressed. It's like a ten percent annual suicide, right, don't quote me on that, but I mean it's those proportions and a lot of the folks that have nothing to live for, and so the goal is to give them something to live for. That is a force that we could afford. So we partnered with another nonprofit who created this stage is like performance stage, and we do the programming, dance programming, and we have people coming say this is what they now live for. This has changed their life. They didn't take their life because of this. Emma is flourishing and we did almost nothing. We created some curriculum, we trained some people on the ground. We're not fishing for them. We don't hire people to go out and teach me. There's thousands of incredible dancers already as refugees. So we just put a little program together and they've taken the ball on the run with it. Now we go back every six months check in. He'll give him advice on how to manage the program. So now I want to scale this to shelter's homeless refugee schools. This is my biggest passion for charity.
Speaker 4: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,