Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for inseter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star INFRASCOO and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is Thursday February twenty seventh, twenty twenty five, and we are fifty six days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. As again, it is NFL Combine Week. We've got everyone spread out throughout the country. We have voch Lombardi and we have Aisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back. Is it stressing you out yet?
Speaker 3: How many days?
Speaker 4: That's I was about to know?
Speaker 3: I was about to say, I was about to say, you still know me?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 6: We had.
Speaker 4: He turned around immediately and like gave me this side eye because I was like fifty six days away the first year, I.
Speaker 7: Was like yeah, every time, like every time, so but now it's not as stressful.
Speaker 3: But before I was how many days?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're closing in on that.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of time though there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of time. I still got a lot of players to because.
Speaker 5: It's technically February still, so like in my mind, I feel like we you know, we got a little you know, minute to do this now this April first, y'all, Like, all right, y'all in four weeks and you know, then we're gonna start to close, you know, shake our heads a little bit. But man, man, we got February and Marchman, we're good.
Speaker 7: Ye have time and obviously, like we've been seeing some of the names come down that aren't going to be performing, not gonna be you know, working out. This is the time, like Combine Singer Bowl, this is the time to gain information, whether it's negative or positive.
Speaker 5: For the first overall pick, we need to go back and watch some Travis Hunter films somewhere.
Speaker 2: Hey grow So okay, enlightening me and enlighten those. That is a report that is out there right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man, So allegedly Florio and the Characters, I'll go ahead and put this up on my twiteter machine. Apparently Florido and the Boys was on one O five three the fan and boy you could tell when something happens because everybody started to text you immediately or whatever, and it was all like, uh, let's see. And this is from rj Ochoa on Twitter shotside our archij Mike Florio on one O five three to the Fan on Thursday morning at the NFL combind I did hear yesterday. You hear all sorts of stuff. And I don't like to traffic in stuff because you never know what it's accurate.
Speaker 2: But but let me say it nonetheless.
Speaker 5: But I did have someone else, but I did have someone tell me that the Cowboys have talked to the Titans about moving up to number one. And I'm just like, man like, like, what are we doing here? Man? What do we do? You know? You know some of these other reports. Oh, I heard that the Falcons are interested in Michael Parsons. Of course he's one of the best players. Yeah, we should all be interested in all these I just think we need you know, this is the time where where it clicks happen, you know, and everybody's on the inter They're trying to google the their favorite player and the team just to you know, get somebody to click their little website. I'm not accusing anybody of lying.
Speaker 2: Uh, somebody out there is probably lying.
Speaker 5: I can tell how y'all word tweets that y'all don't have any honor man, So you know I can say that is on work here. I can tell how y'all words your messages. But it is when we are not moving up the first overall, the Cowboys gonna do what they're likely always up done. They're gonna sit in there and they're gonna make a pick at twelve or somebody's gonna call up and they're gonna move back. You're not moving up to the first overall to give up a ransom when your team needs everything. It don't make sense.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 7: It was funny because when I seen it, I'm like, they don't know that Cowboys nation knows that this is not how the cowboys you like. That's that's like the biggest thing is like y'all can't gas like us. We we literally get gas lit on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: We know when somebody is BS and us.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it is lying season. It is official. It's the end of February.
Speaker 2: Said, I don't know if somebody there somebody there. That's the thing is whenever you go to the combine and Florida's right, and he did head his bets by saying this in the fact that he has no idea whether it's true or not. Yeah, correct, you don't know if it's true or not. Say this one is, yeah, but he's still gonna say it.
Speaker 4: He's gonna get the clicks.
Speaker 2: He was probably having a drink with somebody at Kilroy's or Prime forty seven or whatever it ends up being, and then ends up getting a little bit of a scoop out of it.
Speaker 4: But that's how it works in the NFL combine.
Speaker 2: You get an opportunity to take it and you make the report out of it. If you're thinking Travis Hunter at number one, that's not happening.
Speaker 4: It's not for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I think nomenclature is important, like the words they use and how they say s those Right. If you read this tweet and you know Cowboy fans just like you said, we should be used to this sensational type tweeting or whatever. Right, but just read what they say. Oh, the Cowboys have interest in Mason Graham. I bet they do. Sure, I bet they do.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't anybody with eyes in a football brand.
Speaker 5: That doesn't mean that we're making steps toward moving forward or whatever. For example, right, and we can get into this. This wasn't on our rundown. Hey, we're just talking. I had this firm belief and I tweeted this yesterday. I don't want to care about the names that are coming out. I know we're gonna talk about the listeners. I don't want to care about that because I feel like the last two years, all the rumors and collective thought that we had as a media group or whatever, I think the Cowboys didn't go nowhere near that that range whatever. For example, right, we looked at all the running backs last year, they talked to all the running backs.
Speaker 3: I'm about to cry, and they just kind.
Speaker 5: Of all we just passed on them, right. And I remember Jared Wayne Johnston. Oh this is Jonathan Brooks. Boy, y'all, y'all remember us. I wasn't here, y'all was on here, but I was at GRIP watching, y'all. Jonathan Brooks gotta be the pick in the second round.
Speaker 3: But that was several reasons why we thought it would be.
Speaker 5: Michael Mayer was another years ago. And I'm just up here, like we are letting people. It's not like they take these players prior to us getting we're on the board, and it's like, we don't even care about Michael Mayor and Jonathan Brooks being there. So when I hear people say, oh, yeah, Vitch the Cowboys are talking to Michael Williams, say why does that make you feel? They just want to ask them about Georgia culture, and then they may want to ask about the teammate. They want to know, like, hey, you know what I'm saying, just all the things that coaches in them care about. But that doesn't mean anything. Nothing matters till we get to April twenty whatever so and fifty some days and it actually happens. I'm not going to lean into interviews and take too much from it.
Speaker 2: I saw Nick Harris interacting with somebody on Twitter. I can't remember who exactly the account was, but it was the initial tweet was so spot on him. It's like, Okay, thirty visits are are the real tell. So thirty visits where you're really bringing in a player and you're really doing your homework. These combine visits and formal meetings and whatever it ends up being. They're important just to build context and know that there's been communication established.
Speaker 4: But that's really about it.
Speaker 2: There's been a communication established, they bring them in, they put sit them down, they'll probably show them a little bit of film. But there's forty five names and they're going to talk to and that doesn't even count the informal interviews, which that will actually grow to close to two hundred names, just because it's kind of like a speed dating thing. And they put them in a big conference room out there in Indianapolis and they have all these tables set up and they go and talk to every team. That's the informal the formals where they come in, sit you down in front of everybody, put you in front of the telestrader, will make you look at some film, ask a couple questions, and it's usually ten minutes and.
Speaker 5: Get out of there.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, it's an interesting thing to talk about, and like you said, we've got to talk about it just because the list is now there, and it does give us an opportunity to say some names that cowboys have met with. But when it comes to really building your board and saying the Cowboys are interested in this player right here, don't put a ton of.
Speaker 4: Stock into the NFL Combine visit list. Thirty day thirty days a little bit more.
Speaker 7: So thirty day visits, like you were saying, Kyle, and also to Dallas Day.
Speaker 5: Dallas Day is more important, Dallas Day and Senior Bowl is way more important.
Speaker 7: And only with Dallas Day, not necessarily that they just take people there, but there's familiarity there.
Speaker 2: Oh, and there's no cap on the limit of players you can absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: The only cap is.
Speaker 2: The radius from around the star, from around your team's practice facility. You can take players that either played in college here or in high school here, and so you can take as many of those players as you want and bring them in for an entire visit, just like a thirty visit, And a lot of those names will be confused with thirty visit.
Speaker 4: Names, but they won't count towards the thirty visit list.
Speaker 2: So there's that kind of back and forth that you'll have in that process as well, that you still have to sift through even when that time comes too.
Speaker 5: Do you think that these names that come out on these lists do you think that there's some gamesmanship there, like, Oh, I'm trying to throw y'all off the sand. We don't really care about this position group at all. I don't care about this player at all. But I just want y'all to think that this may be somebody that is so out of just sold players. We really want to talk to twenty of them, but these other ten. I just wanted to throw y'all off the said, do y'all think that's really absolutely yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean even when you talk about like them meeting with people, like Kyle was saying, like, it's not they're meeting with all these people, doesn't mean the he's gonna come from it. However, you can look within the context and be like, I mean, looking at the list that came out yesterday is like, all right, there is no mistake here.
Speaker 3: They know that.
Speaker 7: DT is like actually a need. Sure, that's fine, I'm cool with that. I think there is some context in there that maybe you can't take too seriously. But I still added to my notes as like, Okay, maybe this is something they're really looking at.
Speaker 2: That's a great point because if you look at the amount of players they look at in certain positions, usually at the Combine, it's been a couple of years since they've actually met with a quarterback at the combine.
Speaker 4: So haven't done that.
Speaker 2: Now, don't be surprised if you see a quarterback on the thirty visit list, because they'll bring in guys that they may have no interest in drafting, but just to have an idea. Remember, Jalen Hurts, even though it was a virtual visit back in twenty twenty because of the COVID pandemic, he was a vig a thirty visit. And a lot of that is the gamemanship that you're talking about. You're going to bring in a guy even though you know that you're probably not going to draft a guy, like at that point, Jalen Hurts, you at least have that in the back of your head of Okay, it's kind of become available later down the line. Do we have to have some level of baseline of communication and relationship there or if he's an opponent and he ends up in your division, you kind of know some of the things about him on the back end too that will help you from a gap a gamesmanship standpoint.
Speaker 7: Were you alluding to some gamesmanship from maybe like the agents and stuff as well, Like when you talk about Twitter, you talk about people tweeting out like oh this guy meant with this guy whatever, just kind of putting some smoke into their room or is that Is that what you're alluding to too, or I'm asking.
Speaker 5: I didn't have an example in particular, but I can imagine that. Let's say that we're some trade back, you know, type of deal or whatever. Right, Oh, we love Jackson Darton. We'll take him at twelve just to see if anybody would you know, would hear from you, or just to just you know, just to just to Oh, the Cowboys are they really interested in court? Because that whole drafting Jalen hurts thing. While Dak was here, that was the thing, Like people talked about this for a little bit, right the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And it was a conversation, but wasn't really a conversation.
Speaker 5: You know, it probably wasn't really so so really, I just think that they're just trying to muddy the waters a little bit. And you know, I see these lists and I'm glad because on content guy, I'm YouTube guy, you know Vashonal Barty by the way, I'm glad. I'm glad to have stuff to talk about in February, March and April. Man, let's just keep it a buck here, man. There's plenty times we get to draft day and be like, man, we didn't even talk to this guy, but we drafted them in the third round. Cool, bet, let's talk about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of those guys will pop up, and there'd probably be a third of the guys that you do draft, Especially in a draft like this where you have multiple picks in the back end, you're not going to talk to all those fifth, sixth, seventh round guys, and you really you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: At that point, trust the film, go get a guy.
Speaker 5: What if they only talk to linebackers to ask them who the best running backs are? That's fire. That's that's for the chest right there.
Speaker 2: So let's take a look at some of the last then and these linebackers. So Shamar James Florida, Jeffrey Bossa Oregon, who we've talked about on this show a couple of times. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl. Yeah, I really liked him at the Senior Bowl. Carson Schwessinger from U C l A, Danny Stutsman from Oklahoma, and Barrett Carter, who I really like out of Clemson as well. Those are the guys that they've talked to out of the linebacker room. Any of those kind of stick out and hey, yeah, you're talking to an Oregon linebacker. They played Boise State, man, like, yeah, what do you know about genty? How was that preparation? How is it getting run for for one hundred and seventy four yards over the top of the course of that game.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they have plenty to say, even the down lineman is Safety's got a lot of stuff at Old Ashton there. But what I've just learned about linebacker just watching the linebacker trying to figure it all out here. I think if it's not the first three or four guys, if it's not Campbell, Swesssinger or Stutsman, you know, if it is not one of those you know night, maybe I think they're going to be like day day three type of guys. And I think if you're looking at day three linebacker type guys, especially in this group, this group ain't thick at all. If I show you my edges and my you know, tackles on offense and defense or whatever, you're gonna see a lot of names right in at round one, two and three. But I think linebackers there's like a big three and a big everybody else way down the Day three there that are most likely going to be like, I.
Speaker 2: Have one first round grade at linebacker and it's Jayalen Walker.
Speaker 5: What I didn't name because I don't think he's a linebacker. I'm just bringing it up. What is what is Jalen Carter? I mean Jayalen Walker, Jaalen Walker. It's a thousand, It's a thousand Jalens and Tylers coming up? I usually, what is what is Jalen Walker? To you?
Speaker 3: A linebacker? That compassion?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 5: Does he cover well? Does he move backwards well? Does he flip and do all the sideways things?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Why we gotta do this?
Speaker 5: I guess huh hold ex time, huh.
Speaker 3: Necessarily.
Speaker 5: So he's more of like a like an edge. He just stand up sometimes, right.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 7: But that's the thing that you were just talking about with the linebackers. One thing that I was looking at last night and noticing and even you know, watching like watching some of these guys, was coverage ability is something that these guys are almost having to have now. And so when you talk about a Beart Carter out of Clemson, it's like, Okay, I like the authority he plays with. Obviously he's a heavy hitter, but this is a guy that did line up in the slot, like, he can do that too. So it's like, I think now that cover is becoming as important as it is that guys are losing points if they can't cover as well.
Speaker 3: As the other guys.
Speaker 7: Because I remember the senior role. That's what everyone was impressed with. The linebackers that could cover. The linebackers that could literally carry the receivers down down the field.
Speaker 3: That's a new thing.
Speaker 4: Man Carter specifically has that change of direction.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh absolutely, we do.
Speaker 2: Tell me a little bit more about what you've seen from him, because I thought he's got You.
Speaker 4: Could see the IQ.
Speaker 2: You can see how he reads the offense, how he reads motion and is able to kind of maneuver around it. His size is significant. I think there's a lot of smaller linebackers. Yes, class heavy linebackers, athletic linebackers, but they're small frame, but they're tiny.
Speaker 7: But that's also too to me because of the demand to be able to pass rush, because the one thing that Carter can do is rush the pastor he has He shows.
Speaker 3: Some blitzen ability and things like that.
Speaker 7: So but one thing I will say is that it seems like people weren't super impressed with him this This season sounds like I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't who is this Yes, Barrett Carter, Barreck Carter.
Speaker 7: People were a little down on the twenty twenty four season he had as opposed to the year prior. I mean I glanced at him a little bit and that was seemed like it was some uncertainty there and things like that. But then you watch him at the watch him at the Singer Bowl, You watch him moving around, You're like, Okay, what was it the shrine?
Speaker 3: I keep getting the mixed up.
Speaker 9: But oh, don't let Jim hear me say that he's not there. He's trying to let me get Yeah, but but no, I think that this is that's why we have the combine, because this guy, you're gonna be looking at how he tests.
Speaker 7: I feel like he's gonna run fast, obviously that's his thing. But like people are looking at this is what the combine is for, is like, hey, did you you had a down year the year before?
Speaker 3: What you got? So I can kind of marry that.
Speaker 7: To the film I seen about you previously and be able to say, Okay, this is what he really is for real.
Speaker 5: I've been watching Carter since like twenty twenty two. We just keep watching them.
Speaker 4: I he was a five star guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he took a step from his freshman year to his sophomore year. So and he took another step from his sophomore year to his junior year. His senior year, and I thought his senior year was comparable to his junior year, and I think that might be worth some of that disappointment lies.
Speaker 5: I think he just like a lot of guys in this little range, and we can, you know, talk about where you got some of these guys ranked or whatnot. I think he's a fantastic moving forward guy. I think he's a fantastic athletic guy. I think the diagnosis is kind of going to get him in trouble a little. Yeah, he is him. I think he guesses, and I think that's worse. Like if you're a guy that you may not see it as fast, but once you see it, you get there. Yeah. I can kind of live with that. I don't. Don't you guessing, because if you guess and go to wrong Dan Wade, and now you way over there and the league is only going to get faster in that. I thought I thought Carter did that a bunch. But you know, when you get to the league, they're going to give you a certain list of jobs that are probably going to benefit who you are. I wouldn't ask him to cover and go back was that much. But when he gets to lead, they may only ask him to move forward and blitz and pass rushing things of that nature, and just play Bay style linebacker.
Speaker 2: I feel like I liked him in coverage I watched so I watched s MU Texas.
Speaker 4: At Stanford, and I liked him in I agree.
Speaker 2: I don't see the same level of guessing that you're talking about. I thought I saw there were times where he would get washed out. Now, the play in front of him wasn't very good either. That Clemson defensive line wasn't as good as they've been in the past.
Speaker 4: However, I think there were times, especially in that game. I mean, we're looking at SMU tape right.
Speaker 2: Now, but they were in the ACC Championship game against SMU. He took over at times in the middle of that third quarter, and I think that's something that at least stuck out to me. He did bat down to pass in one of the games that I watch, I can't remember which one it was. Sure, and so I don't know. I don't look at him and say guessing. I look at a guy that had thirty tackles for loss, that had twenty pass breakups, had three interceptions. He was a guy that that I thought was versatile, wasn't perfect. I don't have a first round grade on the guy. I think he's more of a two or three. But it's still something that I think you can employ with the change of direction in the athleticism that it does possess.
Speaker 5: If you watch Carter and cut him off and then cut on our guy from a UCLA Sweess and I have Sweessenger above him, it's I think it's a large gap of processing ability and and and you know, maybe you know some some guys great certain things a little harder, right I great linebackers on mental processing very hard because I think that's most of your job. That's that's seventy percent of your job. So when I when I see you kind of guess a little bit. When I see you kind of you know, somebody miss like missdirecting your life away like that hurts me a little bit, you know what I'm saying, Not a Okay, there's a bunch of weird motion in front of you and we just kind of double missed, you know, double reverse. I can let you live with it. I can live with you kind of getting lost in that. But I mean, like we're just we run the counter and your pulle is going this way and you're going the other and you're going this way. Now, I know, I got to give guys some grace because I don't know what's being called. I don't know what you're being coached to do. So that's the hard part about us and us doing our job or whatnot. But but there are times to where if you compare him versus some of these other guys that I think processes really well. I think Chris Paul processes really well. Johia Campbell process really well, and if he misses, he's at leg enough to get back over there. Right Like, I just think it's a bit of a gap between the guys I think process well versus Carter.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at guys like you said, all those guys you mentioned, Carter Schweesssinger Bosa. I'll throw Demetrius Night from South Carolina in there too, Chris Paul out of old mess.
Speaker 4: All those guys have one thing in common.
Speaker 2: They're under six foot two, so they're smaller framed.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 7: I'm about to say, are you get from so obviously you sounds like you're a little higher on Bard than Batch is, But do you get some Jeremiah Trotter vibes as far as the size, the limited ability.
Speaker 3: In those things.
Speaker 7: Immediately when you start talking about him, I started thinking about the things we were saying about Jeremiah Trotter last year. I think now, don't get me wrong, I think Barrett is more of a natural athlete.
Speaker 3: I think he covers more ground.
Speaker 7: It's a thumper too, Yeah, absolutely, I plays with authorities in my notes.
Speaker 4: But kind of I kind of saw some Nick Bolton in there too.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily the same player, because Nick Bolton's an undersized linebacker, but Nick Bolton's probably better at the recognition side of things. But sideline, the sideline ability I think he still has that. I think he has the coverage ability that Bolton has. And Bolton's maybe more of a physical player because he's kind of leaned in and grown into that frame during his time in the NFL. I think Barrett could do the same thing. Barret Carter out of Clemson, and I.
Speaker 7: Think Swssinger is to me, out of the linebackers I've watched, might be the most active.
Speaker 4: His motors and I think that comes films.
Speaker 7: It's the grind, like you can sometimes you can watch a kid on tape and you see like, oh, he's had to work for everything, and obviously that goes into his backstory and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But then also too, I think.
Speaker 4: For to walk on and I.
Speaker 7: Think the time he spent as a special teams player, which is why I think Special Teams is important, is that it establishes a toughness to me that you know, some guys maybe don't just come with. And just the way he attacks angles to make tackles and stuff.
Speaker 10: Y'all.
Speaker 7: I was incredibly incredibly interest interested in him last night and he's very patient to watching plays develop.
Speaker 3: I like this player a.
Speaker 7: Lot watching him last night, even though he.
Speaker 5: Is he is, he is a little bit. Yeah, what do y'all think about Kaiser from Notre Dame? Because this is me trying to get to learn y'all a little better because Carter, who is the more athletic of the of the you know group or the two or whatever, you know, just me looking at my boy, right, Kaiser was a guy that processes his life out. Oh but he let not faz people beat him to the corner. You know what I'm saying. So then so so so I'm I'm saying all this process, process, process, But I love athletes too, so so there there there must be ballace here. But I got carter Way over guys like kaias away. Y'all have guys like Kaiser that they may not be the athlete, but they press the asof.
Speaker 2: If Dallas was looking for a Day three linebacker, I think I would look for Jack Kaiser.
Speaker 5: I think I think Carter and Kaiser.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got carter Way down then yeah, see, I've got him as a Day two guy. But Kaiser as a Day three guy for me, uh, the way I looked at him, My pros were can and will play all over the field high football IQ as a parent, making quick reads and using a quick first step to attack the ball, waits for the perfect time on blitzes, and created problems and pressures in the backfield.
Speaker 4: The cons was not.
Speaker 2: Great with the change of direction and coverage tends again washed out of contention near the line of scrimmage, especially in run defense could benefit from an extended period in an NFL strength prom room to grow on the physical side of things.
Speaker 4: But he's super experienced.
Speaker 2: Nobody in the one hundred and thirty eight year history of Notre Dame football has played more games in a Notre Dame uniform than Jack Kaiser. And we talked with him at the Senior Bowl. He's got the right mindset, he's got the football IQ. I think he needs some fundamental teaching, some footwork too. That was kind of sloppy at times. For the most part, I think Kaiser's going to be an NFL linebacker that we'll talk about for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: But for the most part.
Speaker 2: Just not a guy with the high ceiling. He's kind of limited in what he's going to be able to do.
Speaker 7: Interesting you talked about the coverage ability, Kyle, and I mean, I thought at the Senior Bowl that he showed some ability to do that a little bit better as opposed to what you see on tape. And that's what we're looking for. And he's like, will you go against the best of the best. Have you been working since the season ended? What have you been working on? I thought that I saw him be able to cover a little bit better. He carries some receivers downfield at the Senior Bowl. Obviously that was something he's been working on. I do think his time as a quarterback also, who plays into the way he processes because he's a former quarterback, because yeah.
Speaker 4: The way that and I agree with you in half of that sentiment.
Speaker 2: The one side of it is when you're covering at the Senior Bowl, a lot of times you know you're covering going into.
Speaker 3: That I'm tracking that.
Speaker 7: It's just the ability. It's the like you talked about, the change of direction. Yeah, the fact that he didn't look chopped doing it, because that's what I saw on film was that it looks like he's tripping over.
Speaker 4: You talk about the best. They played the best of the best.
Speaker 2: I mean they played twenty five games almost, you know, like they're going all the way to the title game. And there were times where and I'll go back to the A and M game, I thought A and M torched him at times. Yeah, especially over the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of reaching up and missing the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just those crossers and levels that they took to him, and they took care of him early Texas. A and M didn't have a whole lot of success in that game against the Notre Dame defense, and that was the little parts that they did.
Speaker 3: Do you think that? Do you?
Speaker 7: Sometimes I feel like I see with linebackers and I feel like this will running backs as well, is that their patience is a gift and a curse and they get lost. It's not like with him. I feel like with his experience. At times I saw him and it felt like he was like over processing, if that makes sense. And I'm looking for guys to I'm fine with you processing, but when you see it.
Speaker 5: Go, well, he's not fast, so that might be.
Speaker 3: He don't move that fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we're talking about guys in the combine that are not going to run faster, might be one of those.
Speaker 7: Okay, well yeah, I'm not. I'm not incredibly high on him. I see why some people would be interested in him, but I'd be.
Speaker 4: Cool with him on day three.
Speaker 7: The lack of compitability at the linebacker positions.
Speaker 5: I need all their pigs. Dog. I'm trying to you know, you know, you know, I'm still looking for the veteran that can help me right now, you know, you know Gilmore Gilmour was a six round pick two years ago. I'd get that then a that.
Speaker 4: Would see and that would be fine for me.
Speaker 2: If you do something like that, I would love to pair him with a veteran, you know, I would like to have Kaiser in that fold with the veteran.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read this, listen.
Speaker 2: And then we got to take our second or our first break to go to Twitter on the twenty. These are some of the other confirmed reports along the way. Jordan Birch, Oregon edge rusher, Prince Lely Umami Yellen one of your favorites out of Old Miss Michel Williams, Asvach.
Speaker 4: Alluded to earlier. Those are the three EDG rushers that have been reported so far.
Speaker 2: Alfred Collins defensive tackle Texas, Kenneth Grant from Michigan another d tackle. Cam Horseley is a name we haven't talked about yet out of Boston College.
Speaker 4: Has anybody seen him yet? Talked about him yet? I have not.
Speaker 2: I watched him this morning, did you Maybe we'll come back to it. That might be my Twitter on the twenty question. Walter Nolan defensive tackle Old Miss Peyton Page is a guy that I haven't looked at yet either from Clemson defensive tackle and then Trey Amos, one of the corners we've talked about on the show a couple times, also out of Ole Miss. All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, it's time for some twitter on the twenty. We've got some great questions along the way. Plus we're gonna have Aisha to tell us a little bit about Cam Horseley, the defensive tackle from Boston College.
Speaker 4: More of the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 5: He wa.
Speaker 11: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 4: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Cat.
Speaker 6: All Right, Drew Pearston, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses. Don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 5: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients.
Speaker 6: See check them ot at DFW dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 12: They snapped the presscout who looks right, It's not there.
Speaker 4: He escapes flaft. He'll look full a pers down, just like football.
Speaker 10: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 12: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: Cowboys fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back Here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: It is Miller time.
Speaker 2: Upgrade your Cowboys wardrobe with the freshest gear in the game. Stop buy a pro shop near you or shop online at Shop dot Dallascowboys dot Com. A fanatics experience. We've got Fox Lombardi, Aisha Morrison with Chris Beam in the back. Glad you're with us on the Draft Show. All the guys and gals will be back next week or just I guess guyssa back that I'm used to saying, guys in Gallay, that's okay.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the acknowledgement.
Speaker 2: That's Okay, I'm glad you're here. But we will have the guys back in the fold next week. We'll have Tommy and Nick back from the Combine, and then we'll have Brian Zach back from senior or excuse me.
Speaker 4: Spring training.
Speaker 2: And then Bobby just got out there at the Combine too, so we'll have some stuff from Bobby delt out there in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time now to get into some Twitter on the twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, tell us a little bit about this, uh, this Boston College defensive tackle before we get started.
Speaker 7: I noticed him last year when I was studying Christian Mahogany, just looking at the other side of the ball. Sometimes I do that just to see how they are. This is a Shrine Bowl gentleman. He's six', four three hundred and six. Pounds he's a defensive. TACKLE i coming out of The Shrine bowl people were just talking about how disruptive he, was how his step was, quick how he's a lot lighter on his.
Speaker 4: Feet chris's name Is Cam. Horseley Ye cam last, segment.
Speaker 7: Very active and light on his feet for his side. Size he has a lot of power in his.
Speaker 5: Hands, no they ain't got.
Speaker 7: Film the pursuit of the ball from, him even, backside even though you.
Speaker 3: Do to, ME i think you were about his motor a little, bit his.
Speaker 7: Endurance he's not the most like HE'S i don't know if he's a guy that's gonna play every, down especially at his, size but he can be, DISRUPTIVE i think at the next.
Speaker 3: Level and he does have gap.
Speaker 7: DISCIPLINE i think he is some somebody that people will look at as a developmental. Piece and he also, too he has a selflessness to his game as, well WHICH i. Like and those are things that you see you see in a lot of the guys in this defensive tackle class when you think about what is The Alfred, morris, Right Alfred morris just the the ability to be selfless and Understand i'm just holding up double.
Speaker 3: Teams i'm just here for. Decoration i'm here to make other. Guys College Elf, collins you're talking About collins For.
Speaker 7: Collins another gentleman THAT i think has similar traits in that way is that he's. Selfless he understands his, role he understand what he's gonna. Do Boston college didn't do anything super duper, fancy but this guy was a part of what they did on the defensive.
Speaker 3: Side so, yeah again a developmental.
Speaker 7: GUY i think he still has a lot of room to grow from a past rushing standpoint and. Stuff but you do see the traits there and he has the power as. Well so, YEAH i mean, whatever. Y'ALL i, MEAN i didn't watch that much take, it BUT i got a couple of games.
Speaker 5: IN i will say, this you can learn about you can learn a lot about ones, highlights the. Highlights so you, KNOW i don't want to say nothing. Else you know What i'm, saying shouts out of my. BOY i hope you do great out.
Speaker 7: Here you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah he can get.
Speaker 7: High he can he can play kind of high when he gets. Tired and that's the thing That i'm THAT i was THAT i noticed with him is, LIKE i don't think his.
Speaker 3: Murder his motor. Murder i'm trying to kill. Him damn his motor runs. HOT i don't think it. DOES i think he can hire out later in. Games so rotational, piece but whatever this.
Speaker 2: Is this is a good reminder as we are watching some of the film here from from The Boston college, DTACLE i keep forgetting his name, Too Cam, Horseley so, uh these aren't always. Highlights these are this is, FILM i, mean this Is they're just. Together, okay it's not always high lights. Worthy next, question and this comes From brandon On. Twitter he wants to know why THE lsu offensive Lineman Emery jones is slipping down draft. Boards why Is Emery jones not getting the love that he once Did at the beginning of THE nfl draft. PROCESS i think.
Speaker 5: When we start this, PROCESS i think guys reach for names that they, recognize or they reach for the hype. Players and, sure you, know maybe there was this hype around THE, lsu you, know tackles or. Whatever it's two of, them y'all go Why and you know he may have started in the second. Round but the more you watch, FILM i, mean the more you will probably just put guys over. THEM i think teams are gonna look at them and they're, gonna you, know look at his length or his not, length or you, know they're gonna say that guys are a little more powerful to, him or they move a little bit. Better you, know he's he's one of those job, done doesn't look, pretty you, know high effort guys or. Whatnot so he doesn't have horrific, FILM i, Say but when we look for a film and we look at your college, stuff we want your college stuff to be fantastic so that we can imagine if you get to the, league you'll at least be good if it's. FANTASTIC i think he got some real cool college. Film so that's up to you to imagine how that'll translate to the, uh you, know to the next. Level so will say that his hands are a little, off or that he doesn't pick up his feet and move them all, that, well that he gets over skis a little. Bit so nothing bad about the. Players it's a bunch of tackles that do, that you. KNOW i mean that's what coaching is. For maybe a little bit of coaching he can overcome those. Things but just the more tackles you, watch the more you just may like someone over.
Speaker 7: Him YEAH i.
Speaker 3: DON'T i MEAN i don't.
Speaker 7: Like, well you're asking for the, consistency because that's one thing THAT i wrote down in my notes was THAT i.
Speaker 3: Didn't see a consistent.
Speaker 7: PLAYER i think he's a some days he, wanted some days he. Don't AND i think you even got to see. THAT i took notes on him at The Senior.
Speaker 3: Bowl there were some.
Speaker 7: Reps that you just see him literally anchor down and nobody he's. Moving but THEN i don't know if it's a focused. THING i don't know what it. Is but then you see him get driven, back you see guys going past, him you see him over. Setting so OBVIOUSLY i think it's some technical stuff like you were, saying watch and just the lack of consistency in him that you see sometimes from game to game or rep to.
Speaker 3: Rep, yeah what's going on?
Speaker 7: Here? Like what ARE i don't like in the draft process being, like, hey what are you?
Speaker 3: Sure AND i see that you're, good but are you consistently this?
Speaker 5: Way and that that happens in college when you play a lot of different types of players or. Whatever he's in THE sec or. Whatever so when he's playing the TEXT a AND m, kids he beating hell like them no shades of the air and them kids and nothing like. That but when you play against some you, know some competition for, real then then, OKAY i see why we said this about your, feet because this guy's being his hell versus you as to where THESE a AND m kids may not be, so or scored in particular may not.
Speaker 11: Be so.
Speaker 7: Can you improve? Feat, yes at offensive. Line if a guy has heavy, feet.
Speaker 12: It.
Speaker 2: Depends heavy feet is tougher for me to. Improve BUT i think footwork in general you can.
Speaker 3: Teach do you think he has heavy?
Speaker 5: FEET i think sometimes you. Can you can fix heavy, Feet but bad habits are.
Speaker 3: Worse and that's WHAT i think it. Is, yeah so bad, HABITS i think IT'S i think it's more.
Speaker 5: Habits like you, know if you if you cross your feed or your post foot drops or something like, that or you don't recover well or things of that. Nature you, know how you slide or how you get to your landmark if you've been doing it one way and college may not fix. You you know What i'm, Saying, oh, well your way, works so you'll just do this for three or four, years and then you get the league and you realize your weight doesn't. WORK i think that's much different than a heavy footed. ATHLETE a heavy footed, ATHLETE i imagine you just lose a little weight and get back on the ladders and you can get a little better at. That but if you got bad, habits it's harder to break a bad habit that you've been doing for like three or four.
Speaker 7: Years that makes me think About Tyler, Gia, no, no, no we're not.
Speaker 3: Going To we're not gonna be hard on.
Speaker 7: It But i'm saying that that's THAT i think about the habits that you trick up when people are just trying to get just get through, it like the habits that you pick.
Speaker 4: Up that's here's the.
Speaker 5: Difference Tyler smith And guyton both had terrible. Habits smith as strong as all get, out so even if his hands are in the wrong, place you still won't move because he got.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 5: Yep gaydon has to develop strength and he has to work on his leverage on top of not trying to overcompensate for his lack of. Power so he'll lean or he'll try to tackle or grab a little, bit and that's where holding comes. From so it's a little. Different that's, fantastic but that's. Fantastic people need to know.
Speaker 2: That, yeah we've had this question a couple of times and they may have all been from the same. Person But cole asked he wants to know about some of The arkansas guys that are in this year's draft, class The razorbacks. SPECIFICALLY i was In fayetteville last. NIGHT i called The Texas Arkansas men's, basketball and then he wanted to know about The Arkansas, razorbacks and so give, HIM i, thought.
Speaker 4: Give him some.
Speaker 5: Love, philosophically let me ask you all. Question when y'all see a player have a fantastic, game but the rest of their games don't add up to that. Game are y'all the ones that go? Okay, well IF i saw it, ONCE i could see it. Again or are you the tight that you just look at his consistency or the lack of it and just be, LIKE i want to move on from. There because land And, jackson if you watch his twenty twenty Three alabama, game he's beating the life out of all the children at every spot that offensive.
Speaker 7: Line but you talking To ethan Marcasof, jackson.
Speaker 4: Land And, Jackson Lana. JACKSON i just didn't.
Speaker 2: LIKE i thought the phrasing there was. Interesting WHAT i say he was he was taking the life from the.
Speaker 5: Children that's HOW i. Talk, hey look watching. BART i don't work, here but But Lanta jackson like six seven six. HEIGHT i don't have his official combine measurement or, whatever but he's six tall as, hell two hundred and big pounds six but his his two thousand and his last YEAR'S bbama, game Three sacks tore it up all over the. Film he looked bendy his hell for no. REASON i, like damn, boy this is the first GAME i. Watch i'm excited about land And, jackson but it's other games didn't quite live up to. That so, philosophically are you guys one of?
Speaker 11: Those?
Speaker 5: Man, LOOK i SEEN Landa jackson do it this one?
Speaker 2: Time he could do, it and he did it Against alabama correct competition's or anywhere?
Speaker 5: State or do y'all look at that and, Go, man that's Not that's not consistent enough for? Me like where y'all at with?
Speaker 3: THAT i think you gotta. Ask that's what.
Speaker 7: Scouts that's what the scouts are paid to, do is to go in and ask information about this player and figure out is it is? It just like like you're, saying like is it a consistency? Thing or is this SOMETHING i can coach out of him to do regularly or to consider? It or and like you were talking, about like is it? Competition is it is?
Speaker 3: It does it depend on the?
Speaker 7: Game so for, ME i don't. KNOW i feel like if a guy stands out to, ME i get. Curious, sure and that makes me want to go look into it even more and find out if.
Speaker 3: That is his norm or if this is just maybe he just really understood that. Scheme maybe he was just really in.
Speaker 7: His film now with you know What i'm, saying like it could be a lot of different.
Speaker 3: Reasons did you got oh you're watching?
Speaker 5: Him, yeah we just look at. FILM i Like landon a little. Bit you, know it's just that you know That bama film is not like the rest of his. Film, yes if he had more of that Than i'd be, like all, right, man you can put this dude up in second round or something like. That but you, know sometimes he's. On sometimes he has great.
Speaker 4: Length he's always been tall and.
Speaker 2: Lanky actually called some of his games At Texarkana Pleasant Grove High school coming out Of Texas High.
Speaker 4: School, football long lanky has always been his.
Speaker 2: Mo and he put on some weight At. Arkansas they did a nice job getting him in the weight. Room he's filled out his frame a little. BIT i think he can take another step. There but you can't teach the, length WHICH i think is. Significant, well you might need to try and teach is how to move the. Feed at times he was slow off his. Break he was slow off the line of. Scrimmage there were times where he would get kind of bullied by the bigger offensive linemen that were able to kind of combat the length a little. Bit you talked about, earlier those guys that were playing The Emery jones is up The world and The Will campbell's and stuff like.
Speaker 4: That he struggled to get those.
Speaker 2: Guys so if there was an offensive lineman that could bat at the, length which that's what he's going to see in THE nfl, level he's going to see, long lanky offensive lineman two, uh then that's.
Speaker 4: Where he had some.
Speaker 2: Issues SO i think there's room to grow for Landon. JACKSON i don't necessarily see him as a top edge. Rusher that's probably right around Where i've got. HIM i don't have a solidified grade on him, yet but THAT i could see a fourth round.
Speaker 7: Pick There Another arkanstas. Player the only Other arkassas watch Was Jackson.
Speaker 2: Quinnin, jackson the running back former quarterback At Duncanville.
Speaker 7: Heights he's the only, okay, Okay, Duncanville, no the only Other arkansas.
Speaker 4: Player you don't know what Duncan ville.
Speaker 3: Is Duncan you need to learn one of the best ball. TEAM i just.
Speaker 5: MOVE i know you.
Speaker 4: Did Duncanville, like, yeah they've got they've got some go.
Speaker 5: Ahead tell us about The Quintin.
Speaker 7: Noinin, obviously what he's known for is the Other Jackson jackson Marks. Tronobo he's kind Of i'm a gentleman that can do a little bit of everything from the running back. Position one thing that stands out immediately is the willingness and pass pro awareness and pass. Pro this is not the most light footed running back you'll see him even. Run he runs kind of flat foot. Run, yeah he runs looking like that out, there the way you, run and so he's flat, footed so you're not gonna see. Him he has Some it's weird, though because he does have some acceleration to, him AND i think that that speaks to his, balance especially someone that plays flat, footed not incredibly incredibly, laterally you know. Dynamic, however he can make some cutbacks and get up field and make you. Pay this gentleman also, too has the ability to come. Downhill he'll be.
Speaker 3: Physical he's not super, heavy but people do bounce off of. HIM i love the ball.
Speaker 7: PROTECTION i love the way that he A he's able to carry the, ball and the vision is something THAT i think is steadily improving as. Well, YES i think that's something he naturally has and that's why he's not a guy that accelerates super, crazy but can get to the second. Level so, YEAH i don't think enough people have been talking about. Him he's really let down a lot of people's boys because this running back class is. GOOD i think if he wasn't in this, class he might be a little bit higher because he can literally do a little bit of, everything AND i think coaches will look at that and, SAY i can develop that into making you a star here or a star.
Speaker 2: Here players like Chaquinnin jackson scare the Be jesus out of me Because i'm looking at him as a raw prospect on the, bisation so very. Raw he's got all the athletic. Traits he had that as.
Speaker 4: A quarterback in high.
Speaker 2: School he was recruited To fayetteville In arkansas as a quarterback as.
Speaker 4: Well they've switched him over.
Speaker 2: Once they kind of saw the rest of the guys there and he loved it up there enough to stay there and work at his. Craft you talked about the pass pro that would be one of my first things you want to check off the list by a running back switching, positions you got to be able to, block and he, does and he does so at a high. Level the only THING i can see with Jaquinnin jackson is the flat footed said running. Style it all kind of the lateral ability isn't the same as some of these other running. Backs but he's so new to the position THAT i think there's still room for him to grow in those. Areas he's got great, vision he waits for blocks to develop in front of, me runs behind his. PADS a lot of that's just because he's slower to get going in the first.
Speaker 4: Place, yes BUT i.
Speaker 2: Could look up and see a couple of, options two different paths here For jaquinn And, jackson one of which he ends up in a great situation and he's in the league and we're looking up eight to nine years from, Now we're, Like, wow he had an under the Radar i'm not going to say he's a, star but he had an under the radar productive career in THE. NFL i can see down another path where he gets to a camp kind of fizzles out and.
Speaker 4: He never really has a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Going in his. Direction so there's a wide range of where he could. Fit most likely it's somewhere in the. MIDDLE i think he's a professional running. BACK i think he'll be on an active, roster BUT i don't see him as this bel cow, back three down backyard and give the ball.
Speaker 4: To over and over and.
Speaker 3: Over, no that's WHAT i, saw AND i was, like he's a running.
Speaker 7: Back, yeah that's what you take from it is, okay this is, Like i'm glad you mentioned that he WAS ROCKI i forgot to mention that. Part but, yeah he's a running back and you can develop some of the things that he. HAS i understand why he is down so many people's boards because he still has a lot to.
Speaker 3: Learn he's a.
Speaker 4: Nugget, yeah, definitely so all.
Speaker 2: Right last one On twitter on the Twenty mike wants to know what's your realistic nightmare scenario For dallas at pick.
Speaker 4: Twelve what is the nightmare entail we're trying to Get asha.
Speaker 7: SHOW i WISH i won't to talk about nightmares in the first, place not MA i don't.
Speaker 5: Like the player that we really don't want to, draft or.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah realistic, Nightmare, yeah when what would make you give a pin.
Speaker 4: Throw.
Speaker 5: LISTEN i don't want to say this too much because every time somebody asked me, THIS i predict the nightmare. Perfectly, like you, KNOW i don't want to say not, nobody nobody where you're. Drafted BUT i don't want to say. That but, hey, MAN i just think it The cowboys overthink it and they lean into development as opposed to just taking the better, dude then that'll be bad for. Me for, example, right you, Know i've just been watching a lot of Mock dress and keeping up with, him and you, know Kyper put went out and Boy jentsy would way down in twenty one and McMillan fell to like nineteen or. Something i'm, like, man, like how do this? Work how did that? Happen you know What i'm. SAYING i think if The cowboys are on the clock and they pass on a guy like, THAT i would be. Gravely you talk about a mic, Throw i'm, Throwing i'm a pin. Throw i'm throwing. Technology, yeah you know What i'm. Saying so as long as the cowboy and look you if you drafting at twelve, overall, man it's it's hard to mess it.
Speaker 4: Up, yeah it's.
Speaker 5: Hard to mess it. Up just take a good guy and just.
Speaker 2: Wonder if that's Been one of the, storylines Is tetoro and, McMillan the wide receiver out Of Arizona, state slipping down draft. BOARDS i even put out a joking tweet the other day on one of the reports and was, like, Yeah i'd be down with.
Speaker 4: THAT i don't think he should go anywhere in the top eleven.
Speaker 2: Decks, yeah there's no way that he should be a top eleven draft. PICK i don't know if Gent d is gonna. FALL i don't know if McMillan's gonna. Fall neither one of those guys. Should but we hear that type of stuff right around this, time because.
Speaker 4: What is it asha in a few, days it's lying. Season that's WHAT i was lying.
Speaker 3: SEASON i got to say it's a it's offensive.
Speaker 5: Line would anybody be upset at the offensive.
Speaker 4: LINE i Think i'd be a little hot at offensive.
Speaker 5: Line Matt on and the check would be upset at the offensive.
Speaker 3: LINE i would. Be it would be, no, no, NO i would be. UPSET i don't think it's necessary right, Now.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do. It dance on. This moug will take one of the, MONTH i don't.
Speaker 3: Think but where are you gonna put him for?
Speaker 4: WHO i will figure it out for?
Speaker 5: Who for YOUR i mean for your right. Guard they just, SAID i don't want TO i don't want to play football a. Nomore that'll Be that'll be a cool Lou.
Speaker 2: OKAY i, mean you're not drafting a, center so it's gonna be a guard or a, tackle, right there's not there's none of these.
Speaker 4: Centers i'm playing at.
Speaker 5: TACKLE i, WILL i. WILL i don't mind drafting the tackle, really AND i would let him compete with your left tackle and at some point your right tackles probably you probably he's not gonna be a contract guy for you, forever and you could just move. AROUND i think the biggest problem with your rookie from last year is he didn't get an opportunity to just sit down and, learn you know What i'm. Saying and he's a guy that had a lot of bad habits and just plenty of. Deficiencies so if he has an, opportunity it ain't Like i'm trying to kick him all the way to the. Curve because he's one of the best athletic looking left Tackles i've ever seen in my. Life, ever the rookie from last, year he had a lot of stuff to work. On he had a lot of mental acclimating to the game that you have to have to play this level of, ball and hey, MAN i just wanted to kind of work on those things and not have to be thrown in the. Fire you could Throw Zach martin And travis And tying in the, fire but everybody can't be And Tyler smith you, can but you can't throw everybody in the. Fire IF i have a we were talking about our Guy, Simmons Josh, simmons, Right we don't know what his knee is gonna check out, too But Josh simmons was a guy that would be competitive in last year's class tackle, wise, right he wouldn't be one of these guys that's falling down to the twenties like our guy from last. Year SO i think he'll be a guy that steps right. In he'll take the left tackle and maybe you'll get one more year to sit gay and then when you move on From, terry you can put game at right tackling and and live your. Life or you could Take Kevin banks and put them at Right. Guarden you ain't gotta worry about right guard for a little.
Speaker 3: WHILE i guess.
Speaker 5: You all you want.
Speaker 4: TO i feel like you're hot right now even.
Speaker 7: Thinking about it, Now i'm JUST i JUST i just feel like we're just at that point to WHERE i, MEAN i understand building the offensive line and you, know kind of solidifying things and like. That BUT i also understand that other teams and we see, it they get productiveness out of mid round guys because it doesn't always have to be, this you, Know and again still GO, Bpa i'm not out my, Mind that's my.
Speaker 4: Point, yeah THE, Bps i'm not out of my mind Saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not you to take off this. Line but What i'm saying is if Boy gent's out of, Here Carter graham is out of, Here burden is out of, here McMillan is out of, here and it's offensive lineman versus some dudes you don't. Like, Oh i'm not taking offensive line just because it's an offensive. Line. NAH i think there exists some situation where teams take all the best dudes and you sit there and you, Go, okay the best offensive line in, here and a couple of edges THAT i don't feel great, about Like James pierce Versus Josh simmons is an, easy like easy pick for. Me i'm Taking simmons because he's a first round grade for. Me corner versus. Tackle that may be a closer conversation to. You but Like Walter nolan versus my best tackle on the, board my best left, Time i'm taking my best left tackle Over.
Speaker 7: Waltson, NO i mean and also, TOO i, MEAN i GUESS i will consider the fact that you, know the tackle class is not like the most, flashy, fantastic whatever the case may. Be what do you think the value not, value but where do you think the levels change in the tackle class as far as, like so the first rounder.
Speaker 5: Who's not So simmons is my clear one guy From Ohio, state but his knee hurt so he may not be up. There Kelvin, banks who's, cool BUT i wouldn't consider him one of the like if you look at the top five guys in last year's, like he's No Olu joe all type. Guy he'll be down there with the mimses or. WHATEVER i Think banks is a solid player that'll probably be. There are mine mine From. Missouri he's a guy that's been that's been that's been getting a lot of you, know you, know hype. Lately but he's another one of those guys that probably would have went twenty last year besides, that, Connorly, Uh Cam, Williams Charles Granfam william And Mary. Ursery like those, GUYS i wouldn't throw first round picks at you know somethow some teams probably wouldn't even throw throw seconds at. Him so if you are in the the, littlest the smallest market for a left, tackle hey, man take, one and don't don't just say we'll just get one. LATER i don't even think that you should be getting left left tackle later or just tackle. Later in, general it's it's it's Either simmons Or. Banks and if it's not one of those, guys Then i'm just moving on from left tackle and just drafting somebody. Else BUT i think those guys are worth the pick at left tackle or right.
Speaker 4: GUARD i would throw Real campbell into that. NEXT i Like.
Speaker 5: Campbell he's a second round great for. Me so if It's Will Campbell, Baron i'm Taking Joy. Baron this Is Will campbell Versus Mike, Green i'm taking my. Green Will campbell Versus Calvin, Banks i'm Taking, banks or SEE i would Take, Banks Luther burden Or Will Campbell. Burden i'm Taking. Bird So campbell will probably be, like, hey if you if you kept me, THERE i would Say, green OR i would SAY i once typed Between green And, campbell they're pretty much right there on my. Board what was the first one you threw out? THERE i Say, GREEN i say a Baron Jadday. Barn, YEAH i would take Probably.
Speaker 4: YadA.
Speaker 5: Yeah so there's a lot of what you're, saying BUT i would at.
Speaker 4: Least have him in that that mix of the offensive linemen that are worth.
Speaker 5: IT i, SEE i.
Speaker 2: Don't i'm concerned about the Injury, simmons So i'm a Little i'm a little should have turned.
Speaker 4: There his tape's, great don't get me.
Speaker 2: WRONG i actually really like his, tape BUT i am a little bit weary because it does seem like it is a lingering.
Speaker 4: THING i know we're running along here on this, segment but.
Speaker 8: Yeah no.
Speaker 2: Doubt but the the whole thought process around it is you want to solidify your offensive. Line so If i'm solidified my offensive, Line i'm not going to take a guy with a knee. Flag, sure you, KNOW i would rather take A banks and A campbell who have kind of that cleaner injury history along the.
Speaker 4: Board if there's not players elsewhere THAT i would.
Speaker 5: TAKE i just don't want to hit none of. This you want there receiving at running, big it's all.
Speaker 3: GOOD i Just i'm just ready to attack skill.
Speaker 7: Position you're not, wrong you're not wrong attack the skill positions.
Speaker 2: Or burden or sitting right there and taking all three of those guys over any offensive.
Speaker 4: Line but they're all Above banks on my. Board but.
Speaker 5: Teams one to eleven may like them just as much as we like, them and they'll tell very. True so we had to be ready for very.
Speaker 2: True all, right let's take our second. Break when we come, back we're going to talk about some of the guys that are going to run fast this week at The. INDIANAPOLIS i don't know know THE nfl, Combine yes you, do you know all of.
Speaker 4: Them we'll talk forty times when we come. Back right after.
Speaker 8: This I'm darren, with Former Dallas cowboy player And Super bowl. Champion WHEN i played in THE nfl at a high, LEVEL i relied on my vision to see the. Field AS i started getting, OLDER i noticed my vision wasn't as good AND i was getting.
Speaker 4: Frustrated from wearing my glasses all.
Speaker 8: DAY i went To Lasercare Eye center And DOCTOR g talked about all the. Options thanks to technology And Lasercare Eye, CENTER i can see near far in. Between don't fumble your vision any. Longer visit them at dfwis dot com and tell Them Darren, center they got me back on my.
Speaker 14: Game Star Sports tours is the only official fan travel partner of The Dallas, cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with, pregame sideline access and photo ops with current, players, cheerleaders And cowboy. Legends you want to stay at the team, hotel attend the best tail game party In, texas tour The star and talk ex'es and o's with Me Everson. Wallas With Star Sports, tours you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel.
Speaker 4: Package.
Speaker 11: Today life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power.
Speaker 4: Through whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead, presses pushing through chess, flies or being the hero you're going than retriever needs to carry them over that scary, Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all out build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added, sugar and delicious customizable ingredients in The Gladiator smoothie available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 12: Kit how about Them cowboys or how about Them Tyson Cowboys? Nuggets as we cheer for the stars on the, field we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks To Tyson brands star Shaped Cowboys nuggets, that along with all our other Favorite Tyson foods, products sure make game day. Special score some Delicious Tyson Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like Our cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the. Plate, remember tailgates and game day have always Been tyson is The dallascowboys Dot Com Draft.
Speaker 2: Show back here on The Draft, show the most action, packs motor sports, experience and the world returns To. Arlington head to at AND T stadium On, Saturday march eighth For Monster. Jam get ready to, cheer, scream and be amazed as Massive Monster Dram Monster jam trucks take Over. Arlington tickets are on sale now at seakeek dot. Com the official ticketing partner OF at AND T, Stadium Voch, Lombardy Ayisha, Morrison I'm Kyle yelmans With Chris beam running everything in the. Back we've got a couple minutes left here and of course the drills In indianapolis start. Today we will see the as they call, it The Underwear olympics up In Lucas Oil stadium starting. Today excited to kind of see some of these guys in the way that they're going to. Perform the guys that would be on the field, first you've got the defensive, line linebackers and kickers on the board, first followed by defensive backs and tight ends they will work out. Tomorrow then you've got running, backs, quarterbacks wide. Receivers that's kind of a big day that'll happen On saturday and then on Sun it is all about the offensive.
Speaker 4: Lineman that is who is taking the. Stage that is a way that it's all scheduled. Out so with that being, said who are some of the guys.
Speaker 2: That are gonna run? Fast everybody likes to take a bet on who's gonna run the fastest forty yard. Dash last year it was Mister Worthy Xavier worthy out Of texas breaking the all time forty record of THE nfl combine with a four to two.
Speaker 4: One who's gonna run the quickest this? Year who?
Speaker 5: Got SO i don't know who's gonna necessarily run the. Fastest that's more of a you, know y'all's THINK i just watched. Film you know What i'm. Saying so film, Boy so the fastest guy could be some corner THAT i never heard, of you know What i'm. Saying but if we just talking about, tackles IF i had to assume which d tackles are gonna run the fastest to, Day i'm looking For Tyler, williams who's three hundred and you, know thirty probably three forty some, pounds AND i JUST i just think he's gonna move around really. Well, Uh Darius alexander's probably Gonna this whole class is filled with good moving big. Guys so we're probably gonna keep watching big guys run forties one text in, particular and we're just gonna be more and more impressed with how they. Move W Washing nolan's gonna be a good moving. Guy and Maybe i'm, biased, right BUT i just keep naming the heaviest likely to big move. Guys but, Uh caldwell From. Oregon Not harmon From, oregon But. Caldwell caldwell's another three hundred and thirty pound character that looks like he's gonna move really. Fast AND i tend to clap for those guys a little more than the obvious run fast. PEOPLE i don't like when they when they put, these you, know, Oh Walchingon nolan's gonna run with the with THE d line in the day and he runs a four to, three and now we're, like, oh D linan running four three nine and put some three hundred pounds people up there and praise them for they fox eights and four sevens that they. Running. Man so that's that's that's HOW i think it's gonna go To.
Speaker 7: DATH i can't, remember uh uh is there anything came down On Shamar james at? All?
Speaker 3: NOTHING i haven't.
Speaker 5: Seen.
Speaker 3: WELL i think he's gonna.
Speaker 5: RUN i know a couple OF i Know, TURNER i Know Shamar. Stewart DID i get his name mixed? Up what's School? Florida, OKAY i don't. Know, YEAH i haven't seen.
Speaker 4: Him is he a wide?
Speaker 3: Receiver, oh he's a.
Speaker 4: Linebacker Linebacker, Chamar what did you say his name Was?
Speaker 7: Turner my, BRAIN i might.
Speaker 5: Have, JEFFERSON i might have got don't Do Jamar.
Speaker 2: James, yeah linebacker From, florida six foot one to twenty. Six he is way down my, List, yes but at the.
Speaker 4: Moment but do you think he's a.
Speaker 3: Burner he's dealt with some health.
Speaker 7: Stuff physical, tackler but the speed that he displays to come from depth to make tackles at the, line behind the line of.
Speaker 3: SCRIMMAGE i do think that he may.
Speaker 7: Surprise, somebody some people with his, Speed but he also too he needs to have a good day because of some of the things that he's dealt with with his health and things like. That pretty sure, tackler not a, thumper but a physical. Tackler but, yeah he does have some. SPEED i want to see how he tests. Today from that, standpoint let me see who's another gentleman That i'm looking for to. Test, Oh i'm looking also to got to see him at The Senior.
Speaker 3: Bowl Devin. NEIL i think that HE i, think, Yeah, DEVINIEL.
Speaker 7: I think it's important That Devin neil shows, away shows some level of breakaway.
Speaker 5: Speed if he runs, fast that's gonna do a lot for.
Speaker 11: HIM i.
Speaker 7: Agree seeing him at The Senior, bowl was able to see him capture the edge a couple of, times and that's WHAT i was looking for from him because obviously you see the, trades you see what he's capable, of but it's, like, hey what is his accelerations?
Speaker 3: Like what is his burst like when he puts his foot in the.
Speaker 7: GROUND i think this is gonna be very important for him going into, yeah going into the the combine. Tonight SO i wonder who else AM i thinking?
Speaker 5: About, well IF i can add a wire receiver to the, List Matthew golden is a is a track, guy AND i think he's gonna just be moving up board. Slowly he's a round one grade for. Me but some, people you, know they'll still draft him in the. Thirties they'll have him as a round.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 5: GREAT i wonder because in his last mix draft he was like a twenty third or so. Guy you, know he's an early the early you, know twenties or late teens if you look at different mocks or. WHATEVER i wonder if he goes out there runs like a track, DUDE i wonder what that'll do for his. THOUGHT i got to make me. HAPPY i would be thrilled if he went out there and ran like a, four like a low.
Speaker 4: FOURD i don't think that's the knock to.
Speaker 2: HIM i think it's possible he could do like a four four like probably four three five would probably be a good number for.
Speaker 5: Him these guys get faster every, year so he might be a four to three eight guy or.
Speaker 2: SOMETHING i don't, know you, know, UH i know some of the predictions have his Teammate Isaiah bond as kind of.
Speaker 4: He's like the heads on favorite to run the.
Speaker 5: Quick, yeah he's not a good.
Speaker 7: Receiver but one last, Gentleman Danny, STUTSMAN i don't owe you the. Linebacker, obviously the movement is, good the coverage is, good all those.
Speaker 3: Things leadership is. There BUT i also, Too i'm.
Speaker 7: Looking at how he runs today BECAUSE i do think there's some questions on his, speed his ability to, close even though like the tenacity is, there he will drive on the. Ball how good is this changing? Direction but also to just how does he how long does it take him to get going speed? Wise i'm looking for him as well tonight And Michael williams as.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah that's a good. Point he's he's he's just fast. Enough and if he's WHAT i Call Josie jewel.
Speaker 3: FANS i think he'd be a because that was something we saw WITH i, mean.
Speaker 5: WELL i don't want to be that, guy but you know certain certain linebackers who don't have the athletic profile like other linebackers. DO i think if you can get just as fast As Josie, JEWEL i think he's a good bar for what a starting linebacker in the league. Is you don't have to Be Michael partersons, fans but if you're at Least Josie jewel, FANS i think you can you can live.
Speaker 3: HERE i think we saw that With Jack, Campbell uh coming out of.
Speaker 5: He doesn't right Around Josie jewel fan, right did not.
Speaker 7: Test super, crazy but he's just fast enough and the processing makes him. Faster So Stutsing Stutson stutsman.
Speaker 3: Rather is a gentleman just like.
Speaker 7: That SO i want to keep an eye on. HIM i liked watching this. Type he got some swag to him.
Speaker 4: Too there you.
Speaker 2: Go, well once we come back On, tuesday we will we will have all of numbers to break down for you and what it means moving into the draft stock and then the next step is Pro dacey pro days across the, board where everyone's going to be running a four to. Two even Watch, lombardi we'll get a four.
Speaker 5: To two to.
Speaker 3: Five thank you guys for having. IT i enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Myself, YEAH he'su glad to have you. Back hopefully it's not the last time throughout the draft. Process we'll check in down the. Road but other than.
Speaker 5: That YouTube, Something, yeah where can we find your stuff on The?
Speaker 3: Twitter all over?
Speaker 7: It, yeah on The, twitter probably doing some YouTube. STUFF i know Of brian And batch do some. Work they want to bring me on stuff like, That But i'm kind of keeping a low profile this. Year i'm trying to you, know if people bring names to, Me i'm looking at them for them and things like. That but, really, uh just kind of enjoying the process and just going through the motions this year AND i like.
Speaker 2: It there you, Go, well you did a great job filling in these last couple of, days and we'll talk to you again down the.
Speaker 4: Line Aisham morris and.
Speaker 2: Everybody For Watch, Lombardi, elizja For chris being in the, Backup Kyle yeoman saying so, long we will see you On tuesday with more of The Draft.
Speaker 1: Show this has been a production of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 5: Club