Speaker 1: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening.
Speaker 2: You are tuned in to the Vitamin D with Dawn Day Podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome Vitamin D, it's a point of my name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're going to have to be able.
Speaker 1: To see better.
Speaker 2: So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get your vit in.
Speaker 3: Indy right here with me, and get excited about your life.
Speaker 2: Well, hello there, I said, hello there. It's been way too long, way too long. Indeed, m how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm great. You know.
Speaker 2: I recently had somebody I was streaming on live and they were like, how are you doing doing? I said, I'm good, I'm grateful, I'm good and they said, well, how are you doing so good with all of the disasters and things that are happening.
Speaker 1: And I sat there because.
Speaker 2: I don't want to seem like I'm numb and I'm forgetting about how so many people have in their lives have been affected.
Speaker 1: But what I said to them, I said, well, I know.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of stuff that I had been through and experienced, down to you know, going after a dream, having a dream deferred, because I once day it is denied of delay. Sometimes we have a vision of how we want things to happen, and then whether you believe in God, the universe or would have you have it up and just switch some.
Speaker 1: Plans and understand the acceptance.
Speaker 2: But I know there was a time that I was going to have to take a bus to the schooter and walk to get to my destination.
Speaker 1: And that's not it right now.
Speaker 2: And yes, I will say that a lot of things have been strusted now Mama, husband eating, But you know, like.
Speaker 1: I say, when it's a new dawn and it's a new day, I had the drawer open.
Speaker 2: But with that being said, I am so excited about this conversation and wanted to be checking in, checking in, not rushing doing the next thing, but checking in because I'm so present right now and ready and willing to give up updates. But I got a guess coming on. Her name is Keana Monroe. Now she's no stranger to Vitamin D. I had her on a couple of years ago, had to run again, even had to run when I was on the FM dial. And she specializes in talking about relationships and communication, not only with other people but also with yourselves. And because Valentine's Day is right around the corner, she will be joining in on the show to discuss her crayon theory mixer she has coming up. So I had her on a previous so talking about the crown theory and how we basically identify ourselves. We can identify ourselves with the color of a crime, and if you think about it, we all learn our burst of color right coming together to put these beautiful images. But when we talk about relationships, you know how you can be attracted to somebody but not necessarily be compatible with them. So she's gonna join me and we're gonna dive in and have some things. And let me give a shout out to some people I see Joni on TikTok. I see Frankie g on Ig. Who was this on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't see who was on Facebook? Behave we everywhere? I got a nick of time. I got l.
Speaker 2: Holding it down, LEXI holding it down. So we're gonna have a conversation, and I want to welcome you guys. I will open it up for you guys to call in studio to talk to me. Yes, you will be able to call in live to talk and we can have this conversation. But until she comes in, because I know she just came in for a few jobs and she texts me. She texts me to say that she's getting everything situated. I just want to just remind you to be in a moment of gratitude, because the more grateful you are, the more things you have to be grateful for. And I know everything is not perfect, but what it is, I mean, anything that's real and good for you, what is actually perfect. It's like that thing where you got your things that's again in the gang, and you have to decide within yourself what you're gonna do with that thing. You can stop growing and die or you can keep growing and live. And I don't know about you. I'm gonna live and I was talking to an executive over here, a mentor of mine. His name is Bill May, and he was taught. I was telling him and I was like, you know, I was sharing how I was live streaming, and somebody was like, Dawn, how are you in an optimistic mood? I was like, because everything had been deferred, It's like, yo, it made me better, it made me learn more. So I'm hoping that we can learn some things, you know what I'm saying. Learn some things not only from other people, but most importantly, learn some things with yourself. Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, that's what we're gonna have to be able to see better. You feel me, when was the last time you opened your eyes to see yourself?
Speaker 1: And I mean truly.
Speaker 2: Realizing that the playing field ain't always perfect, but knowing that sometimes it's imperfectly perfect, you know. I think about when I was in school and we had an arts program, and so we use ceramic tile and it was all broken in pieces with all different colors, and so we were charged with the task to put together a picture. So all these pieces that didn't look like they were supposed to go together we fit them together and we created something beautiful. And I feel like that's the same thing that you have to do with your life. You gotta turn a negative into a positive picture. You have to be able to take different pieces and put them together to create the life that you want. Because if you're not doing it, who will. Don't play with me, play with yourself. We here for a good time, not a long time. Shout out to Miss Marion. She's tuning in on Facebook. She said, Amen, my name say. There's no such thing as perfect, but we always can be better.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Because your location is not your destination. You fall down seven times, you get up a peck. If you can look up, you can get up. So don't play with me, play with yourself. But you won't have to take time to get to know with yourself. You have to get time to know what environments you can operate in, what things are gonna hold you back, but most importantly, what type of situation is gonna prepare you forward. Perhaps the things that didn't go your way did not go your way because you would be complacent, you would be content, you wouldn't be able to do the service that you were supposed to do. For others, but most importantly do for yourself.
Speaker 1: See. I'm a believer that.
Speaker 2: When it's time to go after your dreams, you're feeding yourself. And once you start feeding yourself, you realize that things becoming an overflow.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: You don't want to give from a cup that's half empty. You want to be so filled up that I won't even realize that I'm lacking, or that I'm missing or something is leaving. Because remember we're talking about surplus. I got this in the studio. It's probably backwards because of the view, but it says abundance. I'm calling for abundance exceedingly beyond in every aspect.
Speaker 1: Of my life. And I charge you to do the same thing too.
Speaker 2: Don't say a little, don't say a whole lot, just say an overflow.
Speaker 1: We overflowing in this season, and I know that this time can I can? I be real with you.
Speaker 2: I always forget what this season or this month really means for me, and a lot can be said my mother she transitioned, was I guess like twelve years ago? Now, hold on, that's twenty twelve years ago in the month of February, and I was streaming on Live and do you know, somebody told me that they saw a spirit in my house who immediately I jumped up, didn't even get a chance to really rest it, and I grabbed the sage, I grabbed a white candle. Everything was lit up in here, and I forget how she had exited. You know, I had somebody else come in. They were like, yeah, Dawn, I can see it.
Speaker 1: I was like, what.
Speaker 2: This is a very good friend of mine, one of my best friends, ell and she was like, oh, I have an idea.
Speaker 1: I said, you do.
Speaker 2: I said, well, are they good or best? She was like, well, you know, this is a big month for you guys. And my sister was on the live as well. And not that I forgot, but you necessarily don't keep in front of mind. But I was like, oh, this is the same month my mom transitions. So I mean, I am a firm believer that I think that people that have crossed over, people who have transitioned, whether you say they went to different dimensions, that oftentimes.
Speaker 1: They appear they come in to check in, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I am thinking to myself that perhaps that was a moment that my mom was here checking in, And I think for a minute. I got emotional because I just have to slow down sometimes to realize, Okay, well what this season is about. But one thing that we can say where we are, just on the calendar month that we follow, is that we're in the winter about to step to spring. So there are a lot of things that are starting to reburn. And I want you to realize that change is inevitable. Yeah, you're gonna have to go through the darkest moment before you get to the light.
Speaker 1: Right, So maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's this transformation, this spring cleaning. So while a lot of things have changed, I'm excited to the fact that things aren't the same. And I think when you get so used to being in control of things, you want things to be.
Speaker 1: Follow in order.
Speaker 2: We can get so caught up in blindfolders on that you can't even see over and beyond. Somebody can look at you and deliver a message straight to your face because you so caught up and what you think you can't even hear what they're saying. Hey, miss Mayan, how you doing? So let it be a moment of thinking. Now I'm trying to figure out, Keanu, what is taking so long? Oh look, I'm talking smack and she just poffed in.
Speaker 1: All right, so.
Speaker 2: Listen, y'all can't here, y'all can't he here, Keana, I need for you. Are you going on to you gotta go live on ig as well. I need you to pull out your phone. You got your phone set up, baby, Okay, You're gonna go to Vitamin D with Dawn Day and I want you to have your phone set up because you're gonna join me over there and then people let's on TikTok. They're gonna be able to hear you too, because I checked your following it. I don't think it was enough for us to, you know, to come on video, but they're gonna hear and then we're gonna have a way if you want to have to call us some questions, all right, She looked like she moving.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna do what I do.
Speaker 2: And fill up some space because we just need a little grace. Put a thumbs up, Keanu. When you've ready, baby, she said, one minute. But like I said before, if you was your first time tuning in, I want to just remind you to be sure to search Vitamin D with Dawn d A. I on all platforms. Okay, follow me and make sure that you subscribe to my podcast. Okay, right now you are getting the unedited live version. Now every person that's listening is gonna wish they can be here. Now, I guess it's time for me to introduce my special guest and she can join in when she can, as long as the phone is ready. Well, this is the most important part, the phone. That's that's not it. So I want to welcome to somebody special. Her name is Keanu Monroe. She is a coach, I would say, a relationship coach like relationship with others, but also having the relationship with yourself. Now, when I said about beginning of the podcast, I said that Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and she specializes in something she calls the crayon theory. She has an upcoming crayon Theory mixer happening, and she talks about how we all play a role as to what colored crayon we are. And there's a difference from being attracted to somebody and knowing whether or not you are compatible.
Speaker 1: Do you know where you fit in the mix?
Speaker 2: All right, family, I guess it's time to bring your own stage without further ado put some hands collapsed in the social media's I'm talking about on TikTok. I'm talking to my own Facebook, and of course if you are tuned in on I.
Speaker 1: G for the one and only one role. Hello, how are you my darling here?
Speaker 4: I'm here. Okay, So I see the social media. I have it on my I have it on my right side.
Speaker 2: I might have to accept you, but that's that's We're more focused on having you right here.
Speaker 1: I have except did you join my live?
Speaker 2: I'm on live? You have to go live on your phone. See, that's not important. We got to get to our conversation to see you. But we're supposed to see you too. But let's jump in here. Baby, let's let's not before we with that. You there we go, okay, okay, perfect, Okay, so we'll stay here. So Keanna family, can y'all hear me on TikTok? Throw on hands up? Say how to Keana? Throw a thumbs up if you can hear Keana. Two, Keana, you gotta talk.
Speaker 4: I'm here. I am so happy to be here. I don't know if everybody can see me, but but to wherever you are, happy New Year.
Speaker 5: I'll be twenty twenty five coming in it.
Speaker 4: And you're still alive and hopefully with everything going on, we could still thrive.
Speaker 1: Come on, you gotta talk that talk to me. You know I love when we get talked that talk. Listen, listen, So Keana, you have something special. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna we're gonna get it done. We're gonna we're gonna make it through the month.
Speaker 4: Walk welcome February, right, and we're gonna do it as a community.
Speaker 5: Better together.
Speaker 4: Everything is better together.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. It's always better together?
Speaker 2: You know when we do stuff alone, think about like a bundle of sticks. You can take one stick and be like pop. But if I put a whole much together, what we gonna do? You can't do nothing with this.
Speaker 1: Don't play when we.
Speaker 5: Play with your story, it's unbreakable.
Speaker 1: So let's talk, Henna.
Speaker 2: Let's talk really quick, because we only have about thirty We have good forty minutes. Tell us who you are and give us an idea of what exactly the Creon theory is.
Speaker 4: Okay to all those who didn't see me last time and didn't catch me last time. For all those who only remember when I was a darker hair and I've gone a little bit blonde per Dawn's request.
Speaker 5: My name is Ki. My name is Kiana Monroe.
Speaker 4: I am a neural linguistics programming practitioner and an emotional intelligence, codes and behavioral analyst. I specialize in working with individuals and couples, and especially young people, and helping them unlearn psychological, environmental, systemic, and societal conditioning that program stand into limited belief systems, negative belief systems, and behavioral habits that are rooted in unworthiness. And we don't want to do that. So a lot of a lot of things that I talk about when it comes to people is healing from the inside out. We all know that I discussed life matters loving yourself first, because it does matter, and a really big part of understanding and learning to love yourself is to know yourself and to know who you are, not who you were conditioned to be, not who you were programmed to be, not who you were molded and shaped into being based off of society, based off of the environment you grew up in, and based off of your family's.
Speaker 5: Desires for you, but you who you are.
Speaker 4: And it's really interesting because not really taking that time to know who we are also interferes with how we date and how we choose relationships and what type of relationship we want.
Speaker 5: And a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Is rooted into the fact that we don't necessarily know what we want from others because we haven't really learned how to know what we want within ourselves.
Speaker 1: Right about it, Right about it? Girls, say run it that, Say it again, Say it again? What did you say? You gotta know what don't play when we play with yourself.
Speaker 4: You have to know what you want within yourself first.
Speaker 5: You have to know.
Speaker 4: I said this last time. I can give clear directions and navigate people to the center of my heart because I live there, because.
Speaker 5: I know me.
Speaker 4: I know me, the version of me that I accept, the version of me that I like, Not the version of me that society tells me I have to be right. Not the version of me that's popular to others for handclap, Not the version of me that makes my parents look good, that makes you know, society looks good. That mix you know, outside that mix, outside viewers champion me. The version of me that champions for myself and roots for myself. I am looking to be with somebody who wants to be with that version of me right, and that allows me to be very intentional when it comes to dating, and that is what I encourage other people to do. So the Crayon theory is rooted in a lot of inner work.
Speaker 5: It's a speed thinking mixer. It's a pre Valentine's Day mixer.
Speaker 4: And the interesting thing is people are like, oh, it's a mixer. It's a pre Valentine's saying mixer.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be it's gonna be good, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is, but you are going to learn a whole lot about yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I put the flyer up.
Speaker 2: It says, join us are a fun, sophisticated evening to discover your true colors and love.
Speaker 1: The Crayon Theory.
Speaker 2: A transformative speed dating experience where authentic connection are cultivated through understanding oneself, not algorithms. Unlike traditional surface level dating approaches, the innovation primary color based value system helps identify your authentically aligned relationship values. Intimate gathering limit is of twenty four participants. We're talking twelve men, twelve women. Professional facilitation by NLP and EQ certified Crayon Theory Coach kenum one wrong, that's what it is. So learning these colors. Okay, so we understand that so annoying oneself, you're saying, that is how we get to know what our crayon color is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I understand that dating is exhausting for a lot of people. But a lot of times dating exhausting, and it's not necessarily because you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 5: It's because you're performing it right. And we spent. We spend so much too.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm laughing. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was looking onto the other and let me not look, let me not look at the right.
Speaker 5: To the to the to the phone. But it's it's because we tend to perform when we date. We give our representative right.
Speaker 4: We have that long list, basically a resume of what society says we should want. The type of value man, the type of value woman. Everyone that checks the box. We craft all the perfect text messages when texting. You know, we are we conform, we shrink, we shift to fit into the mold of the person that we want.
Speaker 5: To be liked.
Speaker 2: We'll be projecting to be So I had someone on TikTok. They asked, they said, well, they're a Caucasian. I think part of me. Nick, he's Nick, you know what I'm saying. He said, I'm white, so hey, and he know he said no, not literally the white crown because he didn't know. He's like, I know, I'm beige, But how do I tell the color crayon I am? I didn't want to say white because I'm like, you know, somebody el say African American, but do you say white American? Do you just say white or just say European? Nick is laughing, Okay, go ahead, So how can we identify what color we are when we're talking about the crayon theory?
Speaker 4: So what's really interesting is I give an assessment. You know what, you've been there and you've experienced it for your.
Speaker 1: Yes child had me into yours.
Speaker 2: Anyway, go ahead, But really what it is is, well, what are the fun colors?
Speaker 4: So the main.
Speaker 5: Colors are red, yellow, and blue.
Speaker 1: Because those are the primary that make every color.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, your primary colors make all the colors in the coloring box.
Speaker 5: Right. And here's the interesting thing.
Speaker 4: When you think about emotions, A lot of times we don't we don't know how to communicate our emotions. The best way because we don't understand what the primary emotions are, right, we can we can tell somebody, Oh, I'm really angry, I'm really upset, I'm pissed at this person, and when I ask, what are you upset about? And it has to be it has to be something.
Speaker 5: That's unfair and unjust. When you're angry, it.
Speaker 4: Means something has happened that is unfair and unjust. And a lot of times when people explain things to me, it's like, Okay, I understand that there are hues, right, there are there hues of anger there, but deep down you're hurt, you're sad.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's usually the premise of that is even fear right.
Speaker 4: A lot of times, but even that sometimes can be on the continuum of like the deeper rooted issue, which is I am really hurt and I am sad because what you did make me feel fill in the blank, right, But being able to put feelings, putting words to feelings helps you communicate it better. And when you can communicate that better, you can have the outcome.
Speaker 5: That you really want.
Speaker 1: What is the outcome that we reach and.
Speaker 4: That's really healthy And I think that that is the same thing that goes with core values. Right, you can have hues of of things, meaning surface level dating. You go and you ask questions about you know, so what do you do for a living? You know, so what do you how many.
Speaker 5: Do you do you?
Speaker 4: You know, did you go to school at such and such or whatever? Those like little surface level questions are those don't really matter?
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I have spent a lot of time, years and years of working with singles, of working with cups, of working with group and group settings, and doing a lot of setting and observation, and what I have come to find out is that people people don't date asking intentional questions that are rooted in alignment of who they are, right, and the assessment that I have people take once they register right, it's it's really deeper than they think it is. That will help me figure out what your color is.
Speaker 5: So that way, when.
Speaker 4: You find out the core value structures, because at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day, can you list a couple for somebody that may not know about primary colors or what the core value structures are, just to give an idea.
Speaker 5: So so, so here's here's an example.
Speaker 4: Right, One of the one of the questions that I ask is what do you value, right, And when I say.
Speaker 5: What do you what do you value? It's what do you value in life?
Speaker 4: What what is the scope and structure of what it is that you value? Why do you value that thing? Right? And then give me a character breakdown of that And there's no right or wrong answer.
Speaker 5: It just has to be yours right. And if this is.
Speaker 4: The character breakdown of what it is that you value, and we embody what it is that we value, right, then as you navigate in life, then this is who you are. These are your morals, your principles, this is the foundation that you stand on.
Speaker 5: It was like, this is who I am, This is who I am.
Speaker 4: And once you know that, then you can start dating out of alignment of who you are, not what's in your bank account, not your title, not what your family thinks, not what society thinks. Like people have to have a radical level of acceptance and knowledge of who they are and how all they want to experience life, Understand what their non negotiables are that are that's rooted in their value.
Speaker 5: And most of the.
Speaker 4: Time people are out here operating as if this is who I am, this is who I am, But actually you don't know who you are, So you are navigating and operating throughout the world as a fake version of yourself, looking for somebody to fill voids and looking for somebody to add things to your to your life that you're not adding to yourself. And you probably don't even like that. That's why it don't.
Speaker 1: Last right here, because I was Wow.
Speaker 2: And when you talk about radically radical acceptance, what does that mean and what does that look like?
Speaker 4: Radical acceptance is saying I, this is this is who I am, this is this is this is what I love. This is how I want to experience the world. I don't want to be a mother. I know it's I know it's popular in the world.
Speaker 5: I know that. That's what you know, society says that.
Speaker 4: You know, I should have you know this many kids and by this age, I should be doing this with my life that my parents raised me to be this type of girl or or you know, woman in.
Speaker 5: Life or so on and so forth.
Speaker 4: You know, this is this is what society says a good life looks like. This is what society says, you know, uh, success looks like.
Speaker 2: So basically is understanding what look what success, what what your life looks like to you versus the perception or the lens of someone else. So who is the type of person that should be involved or who would be who would be the ideal person to attend the Crayon Theory mixer?
Speaker 1: And again tell us when it is taking place.
Speaker 4: On Friday at the Crosby and As a Hollywood Park in Inglewood, and it is doors open at six. We start at six thirty and we go until about ten thirty. Now it's a speed dating mixer, and you'll also have a one hour lecture with me. I will help you understand your color. I will help you understand your non negotiables and your why you're that color.
Speaker 5: And then I will help you learn how to communicate.
Speaker 4: I will help you learn how to ask the questions. Right when it comes to the speed dating, I will almost coach you. I will kind of coach you along the way to help you have a better dating experience. And then once I'm done, I set you free, and then you can go date and mingle and see, you know, see if you find your see if you find your your colormat.
Speaker 2: But again, is this only like this Creyon theory and what you're speaking of, is this only ideal for someone that's in a relationship or not in a relationship, singles or people in a relationship, is this a process they should.
Speaker 1: Go through as well? Like who is the Crayon theory for?
Speaker 4: So for this for this weekend, right for the pre Valentine's Day mixer, it's for singles.
Speaker 5: It is for singles who you.
Speaker 4: Know, understand how society has shaped their love story and they want to change the narrative and write it for themselves. And they want to take the time to be able to learn that. And they want, you know, they want somebody. They might want somebody for Valentine's they want a little boo, but they want to be intentional and they want support.
Speaker 5: With that intention.
Speaker 1: So why do you feel like maple?
Speaker 4: And that's it's a short version, right, This is almost like a sampler version of what the Crown theory is because you've been to the workshop, right, you know that that is that that workshop is informative, and it is and it can't be a bit intense because.
Speaker 5: Of all of the information that you learn and all of the unlearning.
Speaker 2: Right Okay, and then also what I'm saying too, like we've been with our workshop, it was very intensive as not taking so I'm saying the type of person that wants to get into this, who is serious about knowing themselves and how they stand in a relationship. Are there any tips if someone is not able to attend that can start to look into ways of figuring out what their color is, to understand what it means to give someone grace, or just like we were talking earlier, is to understand why somebody is the way they are versus just writing them off from what you see at surface value.
Speaker 5: Book a session with me.
Speaker 4: But again, this is this is a this is a mini version.
Speaker 5: You know, I do longer workshops after this.
Speaker 4: I'm actually going to open it up to do workshops with me, whether it's group session or you can do one on ones right where you.
Speaker 5: We go into it on a on a deeper level.
Speaker 4: But this is actually a it's actually fun because it's a pilot episode. I am shooting this as a pilot episode for an actual sual.
Speaker 5: Show where people do the work per.
Speaker 4: Episode, instead of doing it as a workshop where it's super intense, right, I am putting it together as an actual television series that I am shooting the pilot for, so people on Saturday get to participate in the pilot episode of the show of the series, one of the interesting is what I did is and you've been to both of them, right. You've been to the Strategy to Intimacy and you've also been to the Creon theory workshop.
Speaker 5: You've been to both the intimacy structure.
Speaker 2: That into me is in the number two me, not intimacy, into me.
Speaker 5: Into me right.
Speaker 4: That workshop is focused on communication, communication style, effective communication, emotional filters, emotional intel leigence, and intimacy and your intimacy levels right, because most people don't understand their intimacy level. So understanding what emotional intelligence is, understanding how it impacts the relationship right, and why it's important to be emotionally intelligent and emotionally available in a relationship right, and then understanding what your intimacy levels are, how to communicate those and then again communication, how to do it, how to do it properly?
Speaker 5: What is your conflict style? How to like DS?
Speaker 2: Is there some things that you can give us? I know you mentioned the different intimacy levels. I know you don't want to give everything because that's why somebody needs to pay for coulching. But for somebody that may be interested just to get an idea because we have Marian Jones on Facebook states I've been married for over thirty four years and happy, but I do think I need to pass your info along.
Speaker 1: It's important what you are doing.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much. Mary.
Speaker 4: And here's something really really interesting. I have a couple of friends who are married.
Speaker 5: My friend Belinda.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Belinda, she's been married now for about for about sixteen seventeen years, and she actually came to the workshops and she said, you know, I think I might take acous some of these tips, especially the intimacy level tips. She learned some things about herself that she was able to take into back into her marriage and she was able to sell my gonna tell her husband them, but she took it back.
Speaker 1: To her man.
Speaker 4: It was just like, you know, Keanna taught me about this, this, this, this and that, and I never knew that do I do them? And does that actually bother you?
Speaker 5: And he's like, hell, yeah it does. So it's not Technically.
Speaker 4: If you did come in and participate in a workshop, I think that there's a lot that you could learn.
Speaker 5: I think that understanding.
Speaker 4: The core values right is really really important, and then understand and we.
Speaker 5: Tend to evolve.
Speaker 4: One of the things that's really important that I teach is how to evolve together.
Speaker 5: And because I've worked with couples before.
Speaker 4: And when I work with couples, I talk to them about the importance of evolving together so that they.
Speaker 5: Don't grow apart.
Speaker 4: Right. And sometimes when we're in relationships, we get complacent and we get a little lazy, and we get comfortable with what's familiar, and we don't realize that our partner is evolving and growing and that we have to grow and evolve with them.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So, going back to the going back to the first question of what can some people learn about the intimacy levels? Right, one is understanding what they are. So you have emotional intimacy, which is understanding your emotions, Understanding how to communicate your emotions, Understanding that when these emotions come up, how do.
Speaker 5: They impact your body?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: What what is the trigger in your.
Speaker 4: Body when you're when you're angry? Right, So here's an example. When you're angry, do you lash out right?
Speaker 5: Do you shut down? Right? Do you go to the gym and blow off steam? Right?
Speaker 4: Do you jump on Amazon and go shopping? Do you do retail therapy when you're sad? Do you shop when you're depressed? Is that what you do when you're sad? Do you shut the world out and deal with there are things on your own? Or do you allow your helpers to help you in life and.
Speaker 5: You share what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Right? When you make mistakes and you're you're you're dealing with with with fear and you're dealing with a mistake, do you shame yourself? Right? Understanding your emotions and how they impact you in your in your body? Do you get anxiety and PA think attacks when when stressed? And if so, do you shut everybody out? And I can do it myself? Right? These are like different things that you should know and learn and understand when it comes to your when it comes to yourself, and how do you manage your emotions when they come up? You know what I'm saying? Those are those are important. And then the the other one is intellectual intimacy. And I like that because I'm a I'm a.
Speaker 1: Safe What does that mean? What is intellectual in intimacy?
Speaker 4: So the best way I describe intellectual intimacy is being able to know what you like to learn about, know what stimulates the intellect. Know what stimulates the mind, No, it stimulates the brain. For example, I love to read. I love to be around somebody that can that can teach me about things that I've always wanted to know and I don't and I don't know how to do them right because I'm always researching, I'm always learning something new. I'm always kind of perfecting my craft and studying and researching. That is just something that I do. I love to read about history, I love to read about culture.
Speaker 5: I love to learn and go and travel.
Speaker 4: That's intimate to me, right, So for a partner, I think it would be very sexy to be able to not only communicate to them what I like intellectually, right, what kind of what, what kind of things I want to learn about, but to be able to share those things with me, to learn something new with me. Have you ever learned something with your partner that you never knew about and they never know about and now it's something that you guys have experienced together.
Speaker 5: And it mays you, it makes you closer.
Speaker 4: Have you ever done that and a part of that is experienced that it brings me into experiential intimacy, and that.
Speaker 5: Can be a lot of things. You can a lot of times.
Speaker 4: An experience can be a death, when you experience death with somebody and you and they're there for you while you grieve. Right when you experience hardship, when you experience a storm, when you experience a promotion, when you like, when you experience something that is like whatever that might be, that makes you closer. That's a level of intimacy that you have with your other person. And the spiritual intimacy that could be anything, whatever your spiritual belief is.
Speaker 5: It could be.
Speaker 4: Grounding, it could be going to church, it could be meditating, whatever that is for you, that intimate time that you do for you, that time with God, right, that time with your creator, that that that that times just sit and meditate, that time to go to the beach and just be one with your spreend, whatever spiritual practice you have. That's that's an intimate thing that you do with yourself.
Speaker 2: And to me norm what's inside of things? I mean you to think about yourself as like a gift or present. The one thing you want to do is you want to unwrap it and see what's inside. But I feel like oftentimes when we're dealing with relationships or even dealing with ourselves. We are afraid to see what's inside. And the very thing that's inside is what makes you you. The very thing that's in, what's inside is going to what's going to help you connect with someone else, And wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You want to know what that connection is made of.
Speaker 4: For yourself?
Speaker 1: Hello? You know it's you know, it's scary.
Speaker 4: You can't you can't find your perfect color out there, your perfect color match out there if you're out there painting in somebody else's shades.
Speaker 1: Oh, don't play when me play with yourself?
Speaker 4: Well yeah, you know, like like like wanting somebody else's relationship, like saying all their relationship goes that no one is, so should be your relationship because no one is you, no one experienced like you.
Speaker 5: Ten people can experience.
Speaker 4: The same thing ten different ways. Don't you want what you want in? You? Like your way? I don't want to experience life everybody else's way. I want to experience love and a relationship my way. Now, how I was told to, Now, how I was conditioned to?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're talking with Keanu Monroe. Everybody, Yes, she is an NLP and EQ coach. Here transforming lives and she has an upcoming mixer entitled the Crayon Theory Mixer. Will you identify yourself by your primary colors which also impacts of your relationship with yourself and then also with others. We know that Valentine's stays around the corner. What shade are you coming to the table with. I'm just saying so with this, Max said, there are going to be twelve women, twelve men who are going to go through I guess a dating ground or speed dating with the tools that you are going to quit with them within a one hour session. Now the question is I know that you are doing this for a very special project.
Speaker 1: This will be a pilot.
Speaker 2: Is there any way for anyone that is not in the state of California, anyone that is not in Englewood? Will they be able to stream it? Are you offering a possibility of that?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes I am.
Speaker 4: I will put it up on my YouTube. Details coming. You know, we got to edit it and all the other jazzs. But I actually I am considering doing the Life Matters Podcast special edition Crayon Theory Theory special Edition style where I will do versions of it online and in person. So the interesting thing about this one.
Speaker 5: Is people will people will mix.
Speaker 4: Again, it's snapshot of what an entire season would would be, and people will mix, people will mingle.
Speaker 5: And the whole point and.
Speaker 4: Purpose of it is this is before people know what their color is.
Speaker 5: So most of the right, So most of the.
Speaker 4: Time people have the tendency to flirt and lightly ask questions and get their little representative without having any understanding of who this person is or why they ask their typical questions, right, all all of that jazz, and then they will do the work with.
Speaker 1: Me then and then.
Speaker 4: They will find out what their color is. And here's the thing. When you do your speed dating, you'll have a special little pin that will go on or like a little like a little like a little sticker. I have stickers, and I have pins just in case people don't want to puncture their clothes. And you will know when you do the speed dating ground is this my color? Is this? Right?
Speaker 5: For the I'm not going you will know.
Speaker 4: You will know, and the other person will know. And it's like do you date the person anyway?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Auntie Maya Angelou said, when people show you who.
Speaker 1: They are, believe you to believe them.
Speaker 4: And a lot of times what we see and the interesting thing is for the show I actually wanted to play out for the world to see right, for the audience to see themselves through the participants of knowing that you have chemistry with somebody, but your values are not in alignments. But because they look good and because they you know, they fit some some of the you know, the.
Speaker 1: Checkbox, the different parts of your body getting excited.
Speaker 4: That don't mean yeah, they look good, then you know you date them anyway. You date them any and a lot of times you find this in dating somebody who says I don't want kids, and you date them anyway, thinking.
Speaker 1: That you can change and they said I don't want them.
Speaker 5: That you can change their mind, or thinking that you can tolerate.
Speaker 4: You know, they tell you what their lifestyle is. They don't ever want to be married, and you're like.
Speaker 5: That's because they have been that need.
Speaker 4: No, they're morals and values based off their value structure.
Speaker 5: They don't want it. It's that they don't want it.
Speaker 4: And a part of the acceptance of self is saying I love me so much that I'm going to release you with love. I hope you go and find whatever you're looking for you. Fine, But however, comma, if I played this game with you, if I'm looking for something serious, like if I really want something serious, not right away, but I'm definitely going down that road, right is I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let you go be with somebody that wants what you want.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I just came with something.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna. I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you back to the streets and not invite you into my I just.
Speaker 1: Came up with something.
Speaker 2: If you keep playing with somebody's but, you're sure going to make an ass of yourself.
Speaker 1: But catch it.
Speaker 2: I said, you better catch it because it's coming in hot. You keep playing with somebody's but and you're gonna find yourself in somebody's ass. Yeah, don't play with me, play with yourself. Okay, Yeah, Yeah, that was good, KNDA, That's really good. Now I want to open up. I know based on restrain me. But if you would like to call in the studio right now eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two, you can join this live of conversation. I've also included the link if you like to join us on video or call link Wise, those who aren't TikTok. You gotta show up on the FB uh because Kenna you didn't. She's not on her TikTok right now for us to join that way. So nevertheless, we appreciate too. Now one more time, what is the website? How does someone register? Is this open for anyone to attend? How can somebody keep up to date us to this event and then those in the future.
Speaker 1: Thirty enough, I would say we're dealing with growing fo.
Speaker 4: I'm going to open it up very soon. I'm going to do the next season of Life Matters podcast. I will do it the Crayon Theory Special Editions, and then it'll be on I'll allow it to be on on on YouTube. I'm actually starting a Patreon with it, so I'll be doing Patreon very soon and that will be starting the second season and strictly focusing on the crayon Theory. You can also go to my website www. Dot keanumonroel dot com and book a session with me or hang tight because after the eighth I am going to do a special announcement of when and I will be opening up for the Crayon Theory Workshop. And as you know, don like you've done the workshop virtually online, which I've done with a group of people, and everybody kind of goes through the motions and find out what their color match is, or I do it in person.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing about doing it in person is that people come in.
Speaker 4: They mingle a little bit. I've actually had.
Speaker 5: Some people meet their person, like meet their color match.
Speaker 4: In my workshop, I had two couples and I have a wedding. I didn't go to the wedding because they did it, you know, they did destination wedding of C's.
Speaker 5: But it does, it does work. I've had people.
Speaker 4: In the workshop saying, you know what, I thought I was ready to date, but I'm not ready. I think a lot of the things that I remember her saying, I think all of the things that I desire in a person is rooted in like my trauma, and I am looking I feel like all of the things that I've been looking for. Because again, it's a lot of work I give I give you a lot of work, and I ask you a lot of questions.
Speaker 5: Right, and it's interactive. It's not just to me talking as to you. It's it's it's interactive.
Speaker 4: And after peeling back a lot of those layers, and and and asking you what your non negotiables are, asking you why if these are your values, how do you operate in that? Can people around you confirm? Does your circle of friends represent what it.
Speaker 5: Is that you say you you you value?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: One of the things I've asked people is what's your what's your love language?
Speaker 5: And how do you experience it for yourself?
Speaker 4: Because if words of affirmation is your love language and you are serious about it, but you talk to yourself like trash, that's a problem.
Speaker 5: Is it really your love language?
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk to Do you want someone you require and demand somebody to talk to you in ways you don't talk to yourself, right, Because if you don't talk to yourself that way, but you want them to talk to you that way, Eventually, with time, when the representative has made it exit, you are going to talk to that person that way.
Speaker 1: You know when you said you people that are like narcissists.
Speaker 5: All that innership onto the other person.
Speaker 4: Right. If gifts is your love language, how do you show that to yourself? That's really important. It's it's and the interesting thing, it's not necessarily about finding a partner.
Speaker 5: I want people to be very.
Speaker 4: Clear that finding somebody is fantastic.
Speaker 5: I want somebody to find.
Speaker 4: A love in this right, But the love that I want people to discover is the love that they have for themselves.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a quick question. I got a question that came through. I got a question.
Speaker 2: It's not necessary, jan I got a question that came through on tak time.
Speaker 1: Help me tell me. They said, that's so interesting. This is from Nick of Time.
Speaker 2: Tell us more about the representative quote unquote, when dating, say that one more time, tell us more about the representative.
Speaker 1: When dating, everybody.
Speaker 4: Some a lot of times brings their representative when when when you date, it's trying to ask the right questions, right.
Speaker 5: It is making sure you don't say the wrong saying.
Speaker 4: It's making sure that you know, you don't say too much, you don't do too much. You don't this you you you don't want to come off as this way, and you don't want to come off too sensitive. I'm a sensitive person, but I don't don't want to show.
Speaker 5: That right away.
Speaker 4: Or you know, I I have ADHD or I have like because I know I do M I don't mind sharing that in certain life. But it's it's going on a date and just asking surface level questions. Also, because not only are you afraid to ask the wrong question, you're afraid to let them see a version of you.
Speaker 5: That they might not like. Hmmm, so right, so you you.
Speaker 4: You show up as a version that's approved right now and over time, I'll let them. I'll let them see you know the ugliness, So I'll let them see that you know, and not necessarily ugliness, that's that's not the that's actually not the right word. But your quirks, your unique things about you that make you you. Right. That's why I said radical acceptance of oneself is.
Speaker 5: Key, and it's knowing that.
Speaker 4: And my thing is, I'm not going to show up on a date so that I can and make sure that this person that checks off all the boxes likes me, because this is the type of person my mother will like.
Speaker 5: This is the type of person my parents will like. This is the type of person that if I get with right, I will be relationship goals, This.
Speaker 4: Will look good on social media, right, I will have made it right.
Speaker 5: Whatever the fill in the blank.
Speaker 4: So I am going to make sure that I show up the way I'm supposed to show up. It's almost like sometimes people treat dating like a job interview.
Speaker 5: It's not a job interview. This, this is some this is something you're.
Speaker 4: You are out spending your time and money and energy right to have a conversation to see if somebody is your purpose partner and if they are in line, if they are you know, do they know themselves? How they met themselves? Because like I told you the last time, I was so, people can only meet you and connect to you at the level of which they've connected and met themselves, right exactly, Like, like how can I how can I How can I have compassion for you? And I don't have compassion for myself? How can I learn how to have patience with you and deep understanding?
Speaker 2: I usually say this in the time when compassion for somebody else, I'll be like, don't cheat yourself. You better treat yourself and what that means, don't cheat yourself in these types of predicaments and these situations. Understand that I think what you said, there's a fine line between showing up as your best self and then showing up as the representative.
Speaker 4: You can show. Yes, here's the thing. You can show up as your your your your best self.
Speaker 5: But if you know you want some fried chicken. Don't don't order a.
Speaker 1: Salad you can. You know you've hold I'm not really hungry.
Speaker 4: Yes you are that you are, you only have a creen juice that dang you hungry?
Speaker 2: You know. I guess that kind of resonated with me because it's like you want to show up as your best self.
Speaker 1: But then also I want to be myself.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't mean you being yourself is not showing you know, your nails, messed up, your hair, your clothes.
Speaker 1: Superficial things.
Speaker 2: But like you said when you talk about getting into me, how you treat yourself is going to determine how you treat me, because if you ain't treating yourself good, why would you treat me any better?
Speaker 5: Don you answered your own questions?
Speaker 1: I know that that's what you're doing with people, Like.
Speaker 4: When you said not going with your nails undone, with your hair a mess? When when I when I love me, I care about my gonna do that anyway? I care about how I look, no matter what it like. You just so happened to get to go out with me. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Don't you get to have breakfast with me?
Speaker 4: But whenever when a breakfast, lunch, cocktails happy. You are going to get me the way I get myself and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna look raggedy because I love me. I will always bring it back to life matters, loving yourself.
Speaker 2: And you know, just on the other side too. And I know we got to wrap this up. We're hereting our our point.
Speaker 4: Also, I think.
Speaker 1: Another thing is to get keep me.
Speaker 2: Dang, I forgot it. It just left my brain.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Also making room for the other person to show up as who they are and not trying to change them, like even dating somebody like you said, if they're not the type of person that you know, say this may sound so trivial, okay, but maybe they aren't the individual that brushes their teeth in the morning and at night.
Speaker 1: That's so surface level.
Speaker 2: But don't come in trying to change that person about whatever their habit is. I think you can probably inspire them, but don't come in expecting something different because that's not the part of their routine. And best belief, if they're in a performative moment, that's only gonna last for some of the mone of time.
Speaker 5: Right, here's the thing too.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me wrap this up. We got a minute.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: I always say chemistry is my compatibility, right, and what here's the thing about. What I'm going to teach other people how to do when they when they go on this, when they go to this mixer is how to express primary love to themselves and to others. And it is creating a safe space, right and an emotional safe space for people to be authentically themselves in your presence, to be vulnerable, to be transparent without fear of condemnation and judgment.
Speaker 5: Here's the space. This is who I am. Show me who you are, and let's see if we're aligned.
Speaker 4: And if not, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You look good, You look good.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: What I want you to be with who you deserve and I want you to not trap me and let me go be with who I deserve out of respect and love for yourself and out of respect and love for me.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, then there you have it. Okay.
Speaker 2: So, in case you did not know, I'm talking with Keana Monroe, who happens to be a NLP and EQ coach who's hosting the Crayon Theory mixer happening this Friday.
Speaker 1: Is that character. Saturday Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Saturday from six thirty Women's we need some guys Saturday from six point thirty to ten thirty. Make sure you follow Keana on all social media. Keana loves Me. Sign up, get to know yourself and perhaps you can get to know somebody else. Anything else Keana that you would like to share with the people today.
Speaker 5: Love yourself, Love yourself.
Speaker 4: Sorry, sometimes the best way to love yourself is to be honest.
Speaker 1: Hey, keep in the real so you know, Nanda, Thank you so much, Kenna.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, lolcome always. Well there you have it, beautiful people. That was keanum and make sure you follow her on all social media. Keana loves Me. I really appreciate you tuning in online. We get in the hour mark today. I appreciate you and I love you. If you'd like to be a guest, or you would like to submit a Vitamin D advice letter, I want to encourage you to send me an email. Vitamin D at Dawn Dai Speaks dot com. It's Vitamin D at dawn d Ai speaks dot com. Follow us everywhere Vitamin D Dawn d Ai and also, if you want your own personal dose of vitamin D.
Speaker 1: That be me, baby.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all social media. Dawn d A I speaks all right. You know I'm in the business of making dreams come true and I damn shell ma't gon forget about mind. So until next time, family, I always remember you are your greatest ass.
Speaker 1: Set get your
Speaker 3: VIT you right with me, I get excited about your life.