Speaker 1: I leave in I you want you way back home? Either way we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a termino and gay we want to send you off inside.
Speaker 1: Do you wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about it? Re scared her?
Speaker 3: Was it fine?
Speaker 2: Now? Porn?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 5: Right with Karen and Chris.
Speaker 6: Welcome to do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks. I'm about to jump in the car with Karen Kilgarriff. We are late to pick up Eddie Pepatone. His actually his flight came in early. It's not our fault.
Speaker 5: Hi just doing that and then I'll give you your mite. It's impossible and there's that, got it.
Speaker 1: Everything's impossible, right.
Speaker 5: Everything's impossible.
Speaker 1: That's my new approach.
Speaker 6: I guess if you just expect everything to be impossible, you'll never be disappointed.
Speaker 5: And they've been doing first of all, American Airlines is no sponsor to do you need a round? Oh?
Speaker 1: Are you calling them out?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Are we about to do this corporate thing?
Speaker 6: It's a little frustrating. How could he be an almost an hour early?
Speaker 3: I know, well that's the thing you never planned for, is like something great to happen with the airport.
Speaker 5: Right I g yes.
Speaker 6: I mean that's the worst place on earth. It's the opposite to Disneyland. It's everyone hates going there, and we've decided that's where our podcast will often.
Speaker 5: Be driving too. Of course we don't actually get out and go there, but we have to go there.
Speaker 1: We have to get into it.
Speaker 5: We have to drive into all these people.
Speaker 3: And also I think it creates that tension. People sitting in a podcast studio booth won't ever have this kind of emotional, dramatic tension that we have every episode.
Speaker 6: Chris, I am legitimately frustrated. Negative feelings are surging through me, and I'm glad I can just bring it.
Speaker 1: To people always. Ooh, there's Eddie hold On calling.
Speaker 5: It's probably mad hold On.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, wait shit sorry hello, Yes, So I'm here.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm a terminal Internal four. And if you are you close.
Speaker 5: We are close.
Speaker 1: We are like eight minutes away.
Speaker 5: We are already recording or less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're being recorded right now.
Speaker 4: External four. And I think it says out one dash eleven is the door.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, sometimes it does.
Speaker 3: We'll just keep our eye open for you. Yeah, try to wave your hat around in the air and.
Speaker 6: I have special hat.
Speaker 4: Great, okay, so you'll see me.
Speaker 3: Your podcast hot, okay, great, Yeah, and definitely be better better in the car than you are right.
Speaker 5: Now, the higher energy. Just kidding Eddie, Okay, I'll see if you're you, I hope.
Speaker 6: In addition, I hope he was patiently waiting. We can assume he was impatiently waiting. That's a long time to sit there.
Speaker 3: Well, he's he was taxing when he called me, and I miraculously just made it up the one on one and over the four or five in I think twelve minutes to.
Speaker 1: Get to your house.
Speaker 5: That you must have been driving like a lunatic.
Speaker 3: I did scream stop breaking at one point. Everyone in front of me seemed to just be breaking for no reason.
Speaker 5: And did they react to your screams?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that was that was only on me.
Speaker 3: That's the lesson you never learned in a car like that, is that you're just making your own environment toxic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and exactly the negativity that I scream at others.
Speaker 5: I'm only screaming at myself.
Speaker 1: It's bouncing back.
Speaker 3: But it does feel good in the moment, because like if you're just if you're going downhill on the four or five and all the traffic is going, well, don't put on your brakes. I think it's because everyone's stone all the time.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, it's because we got legal. I blame that for a lot of I swear to got breaking.
Speaker 3: That weird kind of tippy tappy breaking where you're just like it's for nothing.
Speaker 5: Amen, are you paranoid?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 6: Did you get a bad bag of stuff? I know about as much about we eat as a seventies cop.
Speaker 7: You've got a bad strain of the grass, you know, reefer kills, right, I mean while you're driving, if you break too much, someone could hit you and then they have something to do with you dying.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I'm.
Speaker 1: From the seventh Associated for sure, and I have a mustache, not badge. Can we just.
Speaker 3: Talk very quickly about hilariously vacant I was at the end.
Speaker 1: Of our Howard Kramer podcast. I really did down on you.
Speaker 5: You should I don't think that you should get down on yourself never.
Speaker 1: We should never look back.
Speaker 6: Every once in a while, like yours dead, my brain will completely down.
Speaker 5: And I will have a look of fear.
Speaker 6: On my face, which I don't I don't remember if you recall, it was like you had seen a ghost in the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Road ghosts are probably the worst road ghosts.
Speaker 5: Road ghost Where else are they going to haunt?
Speaker 1: Get out of here.
Speaker 6: You get clipped on your bike and you die on the curb side, You better haunt that street.
Speaker 3: You better like that shirt you wore, because you're wearing it for eternity.
Speaker 6: It's really it's such a bad gig of your ghost haunting an intersection because all you can really do is mess with the lights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just kind of spook people on a rainy night. Yeah yeah, hopefully you're in a nightgown. It adds something.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 6: I bet the most popular haunt for a street ghost it is to make puddles splash people.
Speaker 3: Then it's more like a street ghost prank, and it doesn't have the kind of weight that you want as a ghost.
Speaker 6: And I guess the ghost doesn't have the ability to move a puddle in front of a person or make a car show up.
Speaker 1: So I'm hard to say, though, who knows what those ghosts.
Speaker 5: Can Christmas angels, you know, we take a left here?
Speaker 1: What okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you just naming other things?
Speaker 6: I'm just saying some dead, some apparitions are able to conjure up puddles in front of a person standing there with a brand new jacket.
Speaker 3: That's that's what you're saying, is it's happening here?
Speaker 6: Yes, your average street ghost does not have that higher up ability.
Speaker 5: They're just lost, but they have.
Speaker 1: I die here, what happened?
Speaker 5: No one will acknowledge me since my funeral, which I recall, but I haven't put them together. Edie, he seemed in good spirits.
Speaker 3: I've known Eddie for a while and as you can tell by my half apologetic half doubling down on just rubbing salt in the wound, which is very much my style.
Speaker 1: Eddie and I.
Speaker 3: So I like it, take them while they're waiting. Eddie and I I have that kind of we're real talkers.
Speaker 5: I'd say you keep it real.
Speaker 1: I like to think we keep it real because we both think it's funny to be insulted.
Speaker 4: I like to think.
Speaker 1: His mic ready, oh yeah, good idea, because we are.
Speaker 5: Gonna just pick him up I'm hunched over.
Speaker 6: I have the mic tuck between my legs like an electronic penis.
Speaker 5: You know what I enjoy, Chris electronic penis.
Speaker 1: Yes, perfect setup, knockdown.
Speaker 5: It's that.
Speaker 3: Every time I re listen to this podcast and really quickly sidebarring, thank you so much for listening to this podcast, all of you who do We really like that?
Speaker 5: And if we could ask for you to more than listen to it and to rate it on iTunes, Oh.
Speaker 3: Don't be afraid on itunest Yes, positive rating would be even better than a mediocre one.
Speaker 5: And we're a bad You currently hate what you're listening.
Speaker 1: To, in which case, don't can't argue that.
Speaker 6: Don't just don't give us a negative rating. I don't know how much many podcasts get that.
Speaker 1: I'd prefer your apathy. Then your action against Eddie might test it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to scream into it and then try to whisper into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's how it's going to get used.
Speaker 5: With Eddie pepatone.
Speaker 6: I am going to have to be adjusting the ones and twos because that guy has some range, So I'm going to be you know, when he gets into it, as soon as he mentions molestation or Barbara.
Speaker 3: I mean, do his like Barbara the other room is one of my favorite things.
Speaker 6: As soon as he's doing any kind of impression of a lounge singer, I'm going to keep I'm gonna have to be on them because I know he'll be low and then he's gonna have a non flashback.
Speaker 3: You're going to be sliding those levels around like a regular fill in the blank of a person who is a famous music engine.
Speaker 5: Now have you been hanging out with DJs? Where did you learn all that specific jargon?
Speaker 1: I know nouns. I know many specialized nouns.
Speaker 5: I know many specimens of nouns.
Speaker 1: I have brags. I have brags all day long.
Speaker 6: And by the way, at the end of the last podcast, you didn't shut down.
Speaker 5: I was in a.
Speaker 6: Riff session with someone that and it was all inside jokes.
Speaker 5: What are you going to be?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 6: But I also, hey, I was there too, you guys, I was in Austin between the years of nineteen ninety eight and two thousand and twelve.
Speaker 1: You know, there's something about Howard Kramer.
Speaker 3: Though he's a special spirit, he affects me in a different way.
Speaker 5: I think, is this a it's not romantic, is it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think no, it's not.
Speaker 5: I mean you hesitated.
Speaker 3: You love it only because I absolutely love him, But it's I think Howard he's one of the and you would fit into this category two of like a comedian who's also manly, like actually dudish and manly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you hear that that many Now that you related me to it, Now I'm starting to see how you see him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like masculine, yah, high school feeling to it that I really like me.
Speaker 6: He's very funny, but also a chiseled Uh. It's kind of a physical specimen.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it is hard to podcast with those types.
Speaker 3: It's hard, you know why, because most of the time I'm like this rabbid raccoon that's just trying to out riff everybody.
Speaker 1: But sometimes I want to be a pretty girl. I would like to be a pretty girl sometimes.
Speaker 5: Love the rabbit. He's not he has rabies, but he's not going to bite you.
Speaker 4: He's just going to.
Speaker 5: Joke.
Speaker 3: He's going to try to beat your joke, which is so unattractive.
Speaker 5: What's this abount of garbage in a trash can?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: More like that's what you.
Speaker 1: Are your army's family.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there about your garbage in a trash can.
Speaker 1: Go way, raccoon, you're the worst.
Speaker 5: The riffing raccoon is doing political ship.
Speaker 3: Now the riffing raccoon has lost his way. He started out so legit just garbage stuff and like nighttime stuff, raccoon stuff, washing his hands like a person.
Speaker 6: I can't how come no one's a dressing. People talk about monkeys all day. No one is addressing the fact that raccoons have thumbs. I've seen their their little tiny black hands. I've seen them scoop and run with cat food.
Speaker 1: And video one of the best videos.
Speaker 5: That's the best video.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 3: Also, have you seen the raccoon the picture of the raccoon holding the kitten, standing up on his legs holding a kitten like a babysitter.
Speaker 1: It's the cutest thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's he about to bite it in half? Because raccoons and cats don't mix.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We just don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm being racist maybe.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you that was a great already though, this is our best episode and we don't even have a guest in the We're on firing on all cylinders and I'm not and I'm trying.
Speaker 5: That's before I even bring up the engine which is firing on.
Speaker 3: All cylinders but doesn't have a housing in the oil pan. Please remember, right, there is risk involved that we have some tension that we're taking on stage with us exactly.
Speaker 1: And we're now very close to lax.
Speaker 5: We're not so close. We are late, but we are so close, and we're not late.
Speaker 1: Eddie was early, which is such irritating.
Speaker 5: We need to keep I remember I said it, I predicted it.
Speaker 1: You did predict it on the phone.
Speaker 5: It is creepy. I'm like, I have a feeling about this. Yeah, I have a of a nut.
Speaker 6: Of trying to think of someone a famous example of superstition.
Speaker 3: But anyway, just any super like like like, don't black cat crossing your path?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a real like show up early because this is like stepping on a crack and your mom's back right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: Don't put your hat on the bed. That's one of my favorites. Yeah, don't put your hat on the bed.
Speaker 6: Right right when Eddie gets in and takes off the hat that he will be wearing, say hey, don't put that on the.
Speaker 3: Bed, please, don't put it on the bed, and there is a sheet on the back seat to cover the dog.
Speaker 6: Here, he'll just be revealing that you sometimes sleep in your car, I mean the back seat of my car.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I like to go just to park on a different city street. It may or may not be in front of Howard Cramer's house and sleep.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 1: This is not true, that is all. I don't have feelings for power.
Speaker 6: Sake of joking. She's not really attracted to Howard. She's just acknowledged.
Speaker 1: I mean, I might be attracted to him, but I don't have feeling.
Speaker 5: We can tell he's handsome, knows he's handsome. I just said we I guess I am too.
Speaker 1: You're attracted to him or you're handsome too.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 6: During the podcast, I felt intimidated because I'm attracted to his It's present. It's like a guy being attracted to I want to.
Speaker 5: Be like this guy in these ways.
Speaker 6: It's not a let's get naked friend, it's a I wish that I might, you know. And we started making fun of our own podcast. I know yours has a format.
Speaker 3: And studio and that's so unattracted and yeah, just no power movest you know why, because Howard is an alpha.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: He's alpha all the way, So you find yourself, you know what I mean? I might as well have like been standing pigeon toad, like looking down at the ground.
Speaker 1: It's so not me, but like it's just the effect that alpha has.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of kin. And that's not to say he's mean to freshman high school freshman.
Speaker 1: I think he would be.
Speaker 5: Would he would, he'd make Oh and we're gonna get right in here, yep, right here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, terminal.
Speaker 6: You've done it all the time, entering l as. She's done it about a thousand times. But I had to tell her.
Speaker 3: And it's American, which is eternal four. So is that on the other side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is? Indeed?
Speaker 1: Is that is that him? Again?
Speaker 5: I don't know it is?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 3: On, No, you stay on this side, Yes, stay by the terminal side. We are we just we're just making the loop right now. We're moments away from you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yes, okay, yes, yes, we'll be there within three minutes, probably minutes.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 6: That's I just figured out how we should be recording our podcast. I stand at the airport terminal. You put me on speaker phone.
Speaker 1: It just sounded so great, Yeah, so real.
Speaker 6: Well it's hopefully he's uh, he's tired. I imagine he's very tired.
Speaker 3: But the question he was asking is kind of hilarious because he was basically saying, should I go stand where all the people that are trying to take a super shuttle?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, that would be bad, very bad, He's like, and then we would just stop in the road.
Speaker 5: I guess we could pull it off, but people would yell at us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be good.
Speaker 6: Here at La Go. It washes over me right when I enter this shithole. I really don't like being here, and it's part of my job. It's okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: Breathe just some nice deed, is it?
Speaker 5: In the nose or out the nose, through the nails.
Speaker 3: Out the mouth in blue out red? In blue out red? And we're coming up on it.
Speaker 5: Feel better, shuttle, I feel better?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Squarely, just because you have a lime green car doesn't mean we're gonna see you in our peripheral very loud.
Speaker 5: I hope that wasn't gun fire.
Speaker 6: Oh this place, this place really stresses me out.
Speaker 5: This is crazy.
Speaker 6: Terminal four will be on the other side. I'm afraid we have to cut past.
Speaker 1: But we don't do that cut through because that would be bad.
Speaker 5: No, No, that would be bad.
Speaker 6: I think we actually have to do this loop and go past International, which you.
Speaker 5: Know I don't.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 5: It's Europeans.
Speaker 1: It's kind of stopped.
Speaker 5: Going to be a Europeans.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's gonna be so many manned sandals and high waisted shorts.
Speaker 5: Why is everyone stopped? This makes us a liar.
Speaker 6: About three minutes, It's okay, it's gonna be more like four or five.
Speaker 1: Calmback, wait, let's just let the three minutes pass.
Speaker 5: Okay, before we warn him.
Speaker 3: No, anxiety is such a fascinating thing. Look at this guy.
Speaker 6: What, oh, just be sideways parkat lax fucking phone number one eight nine one zero seven seven five?
Speaker 5: What's about to find out how they're driving?
Speaker 4: Was? It was not good? It was bad.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it.
Speaker 6: I guess that that was a phone number for Actually we just advertised for them. That wasn't a phone number.
Speaker 3: You know what park cat park hat shuttle at lax when you want your shuttles sideways as all hell.
Speaker 5: And stopped in traffic atslip Dickens.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just wish Eddie could see how close we were.
Speaker 5: I wish he could see how great his episode was.
Speaker 1: That we spent the whole time talking about Howard Graver.
Speaker 5: Oh well, well, well, what's the opposite of an alpha? What am I?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: An omega?
Speaker 5: An omega?
Speaker 1: DoD?
Speaker 5: Is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Is that you're the omega? Man?
Speaker 5: Am I a sigma pie? Alpha?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Cap and Cappuccino?
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're not. You're very alphae. You like a good fist fight.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, there was a time.
Speaker 1: No, do you want a moment?
Speaker 6: No, it's just that it's right over A long time ago. I was like, what's the most uh, you know, high strung fraternity? It's Kapa Cappuccino.
Speaker 1: Did you do that on stage?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, it was in fourth or fifth grade. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was the early Montana, early.
Speaker 6: Montana comedy before there was a stage, before I knew what I was doing.
Speaker 5: Unlike today professional nail Nightly, I pound that ship out. I'm talking about comedy.
Speaker 1: We are talking about comedy always.
Speaker 5: That's not the ladies, which I also occasionally.
Speaker 1: You're not afraid to pound a lady.
Speaker 5: Chris. It sounds violent, but I just don't know how to use words.
Speaker 1: Wait, there are are things we can tell our listeners to like do or oh the do you need to ride? Fan? Tweet on Twitter if you're on Twitter and you like it, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I believe there's a Facebook page as well, there is a Facebook page. You're not a facebooker.
Speaker 1: I don't Facebook.
Speaker 5: That's okay. Not everyone needs to.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like less is more on Facebook. Yeah, thoughts and prayers on Facebook.
Speaker 5: I just I do know. I get a lot of local gigs in town on Facebook. Might be yes for booking a majority of them.
Speaker 1: I can barely show up to the shows I agree to do. I don't need more.
Speaker 6: Well, I agree to them on Facebook, and the Facebook has nothing to do with whether or not I show up.
Speaker 5: That's on me. Okay, that's on me and my record. Honda sponsor, do you need a ride? Do you sorry? Do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need a ride?
Speaker 6: That was?
Speaker 4: That was good?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Too much?
Speaker 5: Need a ride?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 1: Mark? Do capital?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: Why are all these people You're ruining everything?
Speaker 5: You're really messing up our episode.
Speaker 1: But we're so close I can see American lines.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you just have to get in there. How do I do it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get you. I'm gonna have to get old school New York cab driver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, this guy's doing it. There's a cab driver right here getting new school La.
Speaker 5: You get old school New York on him.
Speaker 3: You were gonna do an East coast West coast rivalry. Someone will be shot. Yeah, Hey, how about Suge.
Speaker 1: Night running over people?
Speaker 5: This is the new Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't mean to go topical. I messed up for what that was that.
Speaker 5: I thought that was an old news issue because it hasn't he always been.
Speaker 1: He's been killing for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he didn't have.
Speaker 6: Something to do with the last time I got in trouble because the Biggie Tupac thing. I don't know who was killed in front of the Automotive Museum. Sorry you don't remember his depths. I focus on positive things. Let's get in there. It's just a member aggression.
Speaker 1: Yes, I respect you.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 5: Damn it. Why is that noudy? It needs to be an Inny. Oh, we're we're getting in there. That's right. I called him at dork. Oh hello officer, Hello officer. Okay, where is Eddie? Let's see here. I do not recognize any of these.
Speaker 1: He said, L eleven something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we should have listened to that.
Speaker 1: Is this an orthodox Eddie standing here with the huge there he is?
Speaker 5: There, he is. I'm gonna wave at him.
Speaker 1: No, I meant that guy? Yeah, yeah, yeah, hi, Hi, hop on in. Oh he needs help.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can unplugged.
Speaker 1: We can't help you. Yeah, or do you need to go in the backpack? I'm all I'm shouting very loudly.
Speaker 5: I have my recording studio in my lap and sorry, okay, here you go Eddie.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, what a day. It's a great day to be uh in an air force. It's really it's they arrange it so well. There's a terrific flow to the traffic to flow sound.
Speaker 5: We'd like to try to but if you're you know, out of your uncomfortable, I can kick up this ac for you. I'm we We're so sorry that we're late, but the only late your flight.
Speaker 4: Right, So flight was early and I got a couple of its so funny that I when I get when I are we taping?
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 4: Indeed, when I got off the plane, it was so fucking movie. First of all, I did two shows last night in Toronto, and I had to be at the airport at about four for six am flight. So I did not sleep. I didn't sleep.
Speaker 5: Ried even try.
Speaker 4: I did try, but I didn't eat anything. But like a couple of you know, it's trying to be good. I had like little trail mix, you know of little cranberries are very good, you know, the little dried cranberries. Everybody loves them. I think I'd like to be the spokesperson for dried cranberries the way the way coberries.
Speaker 5: I prefer them to cabs.
Speaker 1: If you were spokesperson, what would that sound like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for dried cranberries, commercial cranberries, commercial.
Speaker 4: Dried cranberry, for dry cranberries. Yes, you know, you know, traveling is difficult, very difficult, and there's a lot of temptation to eat salty, fatty, heart clogging foods. Dry Spot tried take to Reddy take Eddie. First of all, we wanted to be a little up at eat. We wanted to be up, not like you know, it's a ted talk. So here we go again with dry cranberries. Here you go, try and speak quickly. Tried cranberries they make travel better? Eat them? Do it? Now? I'm the bitter boodhen do it?
Speaker 5: It's a little angry.
Speaker 4: I don't know you're right about that? Three Take three? Hey, are you traveling and going nuts? I know I have. I can't eat. I can't eat half of this stuff. But try cranberries went put in with regular nuts. Make them sweeter, don't they? They sure do? And travel goes a lot faster, at least the first half hour. Ah, the second six hours not so fast. But tried dried cranberries.
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 5: Brought you you to the Council for people who like dried cranberries.
Speaker 1: Cranberries?
Speaker 3: This guy?
Speaker 4: But what I see, what I originally was saying, is that you know, I've been trying to eat vegan and I've been doing well. But what but I lose my shit on these flights. As soon as I got off this flight, I went and got a whole pizza while I was waiting for you guys, like one of those little boxed pizzas in.
Speaker 8: The airports, A personal, personal, personal pizza, and I ate about four slices of that with the diet coke, and then I had a chocolate croissant, and then and then I have a coffee, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I feel a lot better.
Speaker 4: I feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cranberries aren't going.
Speaker 4: To help you. No, cranberries don't do it when you're like ravenously insanely hungry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've had an entire day of flying That dried cranberry is as delicious and convenient as they are for travel, are not going to sustain your energy levels.
Speaker 4: No, that's it, Sidal. You know, you may got an argument from the cranberry bog people who I understand are hardy and angry.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'll take them on any day, you know what, you Yeah, I'll take on the cranberry.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of those people. They're commercial for their stupid juice with those two.
Speaker 5: Shoes that.
Speaker 6: Farmers sulting to they already did. They stole it from Burtles and James by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't it funny how these you know, these monolithic corporations, they get bigger and bigger, and yet their front men are two horrific actors, you know from Van Nuys pretending to be farmers. There are no more farmers anymore. There's just machines that eat people. And Monsanto's seeds. You know, Monsanto, it's like.
Speaker 3: A big seed, half seed, half person. That's that's planting things.
Speaker 4: I think in the in the near future because of Montanto, you know, with the GMOs and stuff. I think pretty soon you're just gonna get a knock on your door. It's going to be like a fucking piece of corn with a gun that because they're they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: The corn doesn't know.
Speaker 4: The corn does you feel?
Speaker 5: They're going to modify it to the point where it has feelings.
Speaker 4: And the computers everybody's worried about the computers taking over the world really think food. It's gonna be like, hey, Bob, did you see that piece of corn? Move piece of corn? Take my wallet?
Speaker 9: You write this down and send it to Pixar and through the mail, through the mail, so that you own this idea, because the corn Wars is your idea.
Speaker 5: Just crack it up and the corn Wars.
Speaker 4: Pixar do that? Would they confront Could they do it? They could? Would they should?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 4: I mean no toy with me? Not after no sleep?
Speaker 6: Oh I can't get the idea of a giant corn with a little husk grabbing and then it kind of turns to a hand and they pick up a firearm.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it would be I think it would be easy to do. The characters, like like the bad corn is sort of sort of like bad Sopranos guys and mafia guys maybe, and then they're so and then there's the renegade corn. Maybe the organic corn that's trying to save the war, like they're the good guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the organic corn would look like the Thanksgiving cornucopia corn.
Speaker 5: It's just like different colors.
Speaker 4: Because they're different colors.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it should be a Native American doing it. Boys, sure you know.
Speaker 4: You're right about that. It should be a Native America.
Speaker 6: I mean, does it get more organic than that. I hate to take it to a you know, but white people kick them out of this country. Sorry, I didn't mean to take it that far.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I I I really think we did. I mean every day I watch a video or recreation of the Trail of Tears, just just you know, to get the day started, just.
Speaker 1: To check your pence, to.
Speaker 4: Kick start, to be grateful. I think you have to look at other people's atrocities to be grateful, you know, because it's so hard to like, you know, I'm a big who makes gratitude less well, once a year I do it. But when I make one, it's always like, oh, I'm so glad I have sneakers. It doesn't you really, that doesn't cut it. Oh I'm glad my elbow is working right, you know, It's like that doesn't cut it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like I'm not achieving the things in life I need to achieve. And that's when I watch Mariy Povich.
Speaker 4: And then you realize that he's still on the air, so.
Speaker 6: Doing paternity tests everything, And then I'm like, I'm doing great? Why was I so hard on myself?
Speaker 4: Oh? I see, Look it's got like just the just people who their lives are just such a mess, just the bottom dwellers of society, the bottom boellers.
Speaker 5: Perhaps the bottom dwellers, bottom feeders they call down there because that's where they feed bank sand dabs of society down there eating shit a bit.
Speaker 4: How does Povich go home like like and and I bet he fancies himself like an aerudite intellectual, like like in his head that's my job. Like and then he goes home to a like a nice sand sare wine and you know.
Speaker 5: And Connie Chung right.
Speaker 1: Think, so they're making it work.
Speaker 5: Still, Wow, does she ask about his day? I doubt it.
Speaker 1: You know what that both of them are.
Speaker 5: She's a journalist. He tells people whether or not the baby came from their and their DNA.
Speaker 3: Who's they're both on tons of pills. It doesn't matter, they're they're on tons of pills.
Speaker 5: You read that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm it's completely made up. But you know those are your eyes, both of them, and just dead eyes.
Speaker 1: They're like dolls.
Speaker 5: There's dolls.
Speaker 4: Well they have to be, don't you think. Don't you think Hollywood? Well if you call that Hollywood like takes its toll on you. Like the show you do? Like the show you do. You say, oh, it's just a job.
Speaker 5: It's just a job.
Speaker 4: But if it's a horrific thing day after day where you're watching the bottom dwellers and you're profiting of them, yeah, I think it nips away.
Speaker 6: It has to, and I know it did to Jerry Springer because there's a there's a girl in town. Lisa Gotman. She we did laugh rights together. For whatever reason. Her family was very close to Jerry Springer, and he was a sweet man and he was a smart man. He used to be a mayor of a town. And then he's basically doing is violent pornography on.
Speaker 4: His talk show? Is he doing that now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh? I think I am talking about expired television. Yeah, but everyone remember it's he's like, oh, and that's cue the Oh that's where her brasstrap comes down and we pixel later. Oh and then she punches.
Speaker 4: I call it the momentum of evil and it ties into the Cranberry commercials somehow, eventually it will.
Speaker 5: We put up the ac a little very no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are working on.
Speaker 5: No sleeping carry a lot of it.
Speaker 6: It's not as simple as people think. We aren't just giving rides. You are very much doing as a service by being on our podcast, and we really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Oh. By the way, this is great though, because it saves me about one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right.
Speaker 4: And my last door before you came was do they charge Yeah?
Speaker 1: That the charge we charged two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's I keep saying we should get a sponsor like Dollar shave Club or whatever. A lot of these podcasts have razor Blade sponsors for some reason.
Speaker 5: Maybe they consider it a plan B if they want to.
Speaker 4: May I make a suggestion that if you guys become part of Uber, you could bank so many episodes, you know, in one week. Like everybody who gets in the cab, you just thrust a mic to them, not like Cab Confessions or anything, but just.
Speaker 3: Like you're just saying, any any man off the street, Johnny Lunch, Paley Street.
Speaker 5: I don't want to deal with civilians.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that on your podcast, Steady you.
Speaker 4: I don't do it. But I think this type of what it's okay for us to do.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I think you wouldn't have them in your studio, but haven't.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't shoplift, you wouldn't steal a car.
Speaker 4: That's about I don't know. I don't think you know me. You know, when I'm pushed into a corner, I.
Speaker 1: Will pirates some ship.
Speaker 5: He will get into a stranger's car, is what he's saying.
Speaker 1: You will, you will absolute make some money.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you want to get sponsored by Uber and and it would be a comic that we we want to have control over the guests still. But then we just mentioned a code that you'd punch in or something. Come on, Uber, they're listening.
Speaker 5: You know they're listening.
Speaker 1: You know they listened every episode.
Speaker 4: Now look at it some interesting billboards? Does does does the Chappie billboard look interesting to you? The Chappie?
Speaker 1: I just saw the trailer for Chappie last night.
Speaker 4: You saw it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did it look caroing?
Speaker 3: I literally can't remember one thing about it except the fact that it was like a horror movie that was called Chappie and Amy laughed so hard.
Speaker 5: That's a horrible name.
Speaker 4: That's well. I don't I disagree with you, Chris, and I don't mean to do it on the road. But I feel like I feel like when you put I put like a name that doesn't signify, you know what, the horror. I think it has more of an impact. It's like it's like when they use children in horror movies, like Dad, Like, it's always a bad time when a child says, can I have a glass of water? In a horror movie? Because you know shit is going to go down quickly?
Speaker 5: You're right, and you go to see Chappie and you're like what a lighthearted the English up I'm about it at a friend. No, it's about someone's face melting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, no, is that the one is choppy? The one by the guy that did district nothing about robots? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the poster looked really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I based all the movies I go on now on the poster or the billboard. I won't see a trailer. I won't read a review. It's like, if the poster doesn't hit me right, it's like, no, I'm usually right.
Speaker 6: But really, I think I know from the trailer I remember seeing it. Now, isn't it just a ripoff of Short Circuit?
Speaker 5: Now? I don't like to it's true.
Speaker 6: I mean, oh, a robot with feelings orange juice, not from concentrate.
Speaker 5: But he was learning about how the human works. And that's what this movie is.
Speaker 4: Number five is Alive, and that number five is Alive?
Speaker 5: Was that that was Circuit? And there was the Middle Eastern guy Area's Indian in it.
Speaker 6: I thought he was so funny, and then I see him in another movie and I realize he's doing a horrible impression.
Speaker 5: He's totally just a white guy.
Speaker 4: My number favorites in life, and I.
Speaker 5: Think they darkened his face a little. I mean, don't.
Speaker 1: I mean that we have rules.
Speaker 3: There wasn't the internet. It was well, didn't know that hurt people's people's feelings.
Speaker 4: It was well, I'll tell you a ship like that goes on. When I used to audition for commercials, I don't anymore. But when I used to audition, they were looking for a bold guy to do some fucking horrible thing like anal leakage whatever it was. And by the way, that was my last audition. I'm serious. It was for a thing that stopped anal leakage. I'm not kidding. I'm not kidding. Have you remember that ship? I remember that.
Speaker 6: There was Chris you do, I remember, yeah, blocking It's just which kind of is what that medication did?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you Medica. This was the last commercial I ever went into in my felt's annoy last one. And and I go in and it's so humiliate like, and I'm just doing it because I'm broke, and I'm like, my my fucking commercial agent is this really sweet woman who's very gunna ho and always saying, look, one of these things, could you?
Speaker 5: I mean, I have a couple of commercials changed my year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your year of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what's her name? Changed her life? Courtney the progressive Woman.
Speaker 1: Yes, she changed a lot of people.
Speaker 4: You know, she rebounded pretty well off a very very bad uh. First of all, image and drug problem she's doing.
Speaker 1: He knows, he knows. Her first nose was rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one's more slope, like a ski jump.
Speaker 4: But quickly I went in. I was I was so humiliated in the first place. But then the motherfucking director, I was reading the copy wrong for some reason, like I was fucking up one of the words, and he got he got literally like kind of slammed his hand down. Yeah. Yeah, he was like, god, damn it. Like now you can imagine it's sort of like Mary Polvish. These guys get chipped away if what they're doing with their lives like a leaggage and what's the what's another commercial, you know, like a thing to make your heart stop? Whatever they do?
Speaker 6: He directed the viagraa jam band when they're having here's accession, he thought.
Speaker 1: After that, he thought, I was like, I'm on my way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, you're just you're blues you're doing the blues making. Yeah, and you and shirt.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's funny. We're talking about this today because it's Super Bowl Sunday, and today's the day where everybody thinks these commercials are going to be so do you guys know this? Right on Super Bowl Sunday they have the fucking commercials that are supposed to be so great and they turn out to be gleek, pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've already seen some of them.
Speaker 6: They're like, ooh, sneak peek at the puppy who hangs out with the Clydesdale.
Speaker 5: Budweiser don't drive drunk.
Speaker 4: Someone told me I should see that one. Isn't that funny, It's it's adorable.
Speaker 6: It's just it is not les No, It's like a puppy and the horse takes a liking to it. It gets out of the barn and all these and then a wolf is trying to kill the puppy, and then all the courses, all the Clydesdales gallop over.
Speaker 5: And they stare away the wolf. And then says, Budweiser drink responsibly.
Speaker 4: And did you hear about Go Daddy doing a thing where a puppet puppy gets shipped And they had to pull the commercial, Oh Go Daddy, which is a scumbag. Yeah there, scumbag corporation run by a CEO who does big game hunting.
Speaker 6: I think, don't I give the money? I think I give the money before my website, and I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: So I think go daddy sells.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: That's there was.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and they always have, like, you know, chicks and bikinis for no fucking reason. But but they had a they had a Super Bowl lad where a puppy finds its way home and this this elderly woman grabs us say I'm so glad you're here because I'm gonna ship you because someone wants to buy you pa and all these organizations crazy boycot it and they had to pull it within hours.
Speaker 5: I'm glad they did.
Speaker 6: I believe that people would be stupid enough to see that and go, well, no, I figured out how I get my knee a.
Speaker 5: Puppy, No, what's to take one day? Poe holes in it, just like I did with my spider jars. And then this kid. Can you imagine a kid.
Speaker 4: A puppy and it's just a dead puppy and what's in the box.
Speaker 1: Somehow the puppy got beheaded. Puppy head in a box.
Speaker 5: Go Daddy's sending you a message.
Speaker 1: Now that would go viral, that would be.
Speaker 4: But I'm in the commercial world. What we're trying to say is the commercial world is a blood bath.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: Well, I wish I knew what you said instead of anal leak. And you're like when I got the Mad Squirts German. I know there was a leakage.
Speaker 1: The worlds were chosen for a reason.
Speaker 4: But I can't believe I didn't, like tell the guy to go fuck himself. Regret. I regret that I didn't do that.
Speaker 6: I have said things in commercial and then I don't get seen by that casting company.
Speaker 5: But there's plenty of down at two hundred itself.
Speaker 4: Look, do you still go out for them? I do, Yeah, I won't. I won't know unless they ask, unless they're like Eddie, they want you blah blah blah. And if it's a decent fucking product, like if it's Dorito's, well.
Speaker 3: Unlike you, how are you doing on temperature because I'm freezing and I can't feel my feet.
Speaker 4: Can a big difference, I'll tell you, And this always irks me a little bit. There's a big difference between the front and back of cars as far as they see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, unless you have Yeah, well, it's also dangerous. I got a horrible rack in a Honda Fit and I can't wait for you to buy something.
Speaker 5: More like a Tanali.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, love, I'll be safe.
Speaker 5: And then also air will shoot out into passengers.
Speaker 4: Now, Karen, do you have donkeys? I do, yeah, I mean two.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: But I also collect dog hair and spread.
Speaker 5: It on the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everywhere I that hair is the is the embedded kind that doesn't fly around. It will not come off. I've gone at it with like lit rollers and high powered vacuums.
Speaker 6: It's not moving birds from a field in your sock on your shoelace.
Speaker 1: They're like ticks.
Speaker 5: You have cats and yeah, oh you have both, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I I have a menagerie of animals. I've become doolittle ish a bit. You know where I walk in and I'm like, Hello, Sherman. These are all the names of the pets. Hello Sherman, Hello Charlotte, Hello Katie, Hello Louis. It's seven animals I live with.
Speaker 5: Do they ever go hello?
Speaker 4: It feels like my friend.
Speaker 1: You get a tip of the hat.
Speaker 6: The what we're describing here is delusions caused by possible mental illness.
Speaker 5: Yes, because animals don't and I know, I.
Speaker 4: Just don't know. Offense take but if.
Speaker 5: Your pets are talking to you, I don't know. You might want to see a guy.
Speaker 4: I see a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a guy.
Speaker 4: But I see a guy who's sympathetic to cats, and so it goes nowhere, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: Ask your cat for me if he likes me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just a doctor. You think it's going to help you, or a therapist. It's like, hey, I get it. I'm a cat man too, And then you just high five. I am a cat man myself.
Speaker 5: I love cats.
Speaker 4: Oh you do you? I remember that? Yeah? Yeah, we dogs don't.
Speaker 3: Can I say a thing that I shouldn't have said to dogs? I missed it fifteen seconds ago.
Speaker 5: High five?
Speaker 1: And then Bob seekers cat man do play ship?
Speaker 3: Imagine if that was right? When I'm a cat man too, Will you text me your address so that we can I can put it in my mouth?
Speaker 4: Oh right, you want to text it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you say out loud people wait outside your house.
Speaker 5: Well you're already you will get murdered by our fans.
Speaker 4: I already have several people outside my place.
Speaker 1: What are they doing?
Speaker 4: Oh? They just they're just like, please do the bit about and it's just annoint a.
Speaker 1: Yeah point, it's hard to live your life.
Speaker 4: It's hard. Thank you. I did you know that? All right?
Speaker 5: If you just yeah, and then we'll and I will. I will read it off of your text.
Speaker 6: Good idea, and I will transcribe it into a map navigation on my phone.
Speaker 3: And then we'll use the hand signals we've pre rehearsed, right, silent hand signals.
Speaker 6: We get it just basically, just I point left right, just while you're wait, oh, sorry, no, no, I was just going.
Speaker 5: To thank him at a weird time for being on the podcast. Hey, that guy has no father of mine. That ever clear song? What happened?
Speaker 4: He had kids in the car.
Speaker 5: And he almost side swiped it for Ford.
Speaker 1: Aerostar tried to come all the way over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really nice, Eddie?
Speaker 5: Where were you?
Speaker 4: I just came back from Toronto?
Speaker 5: Was that an Ian Atlas? Gig Oh?
Speaker 4: I heard that name when I was out there.
Speaker 5: But you know, I've been talking to him. I'd like to go to Toronto.
Speaker 4: How was it? Oh man? This place called the comedy, comedy underground. I've heard who is super fucking great. Oh that's great, Like like they're really really into it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And I like Canadians in general.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, so I always had to go that broad. But it's a positive thing, so that it's okay. I love all Canadians, all of them.
Speaker 1: Canadians are the greatest.
Speaker 4: They are the best of the create. Yeah, what is it. They're really good natured.
Speaker 1: They're just so goddamn reasonable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're mellow.
Speaker 5: I never see him stressed out up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's clean. Well, I well, I was in the winter. Man, It's so funny. I've been doing this. I've been doing this the last couple of months. I've been going to like fucking Chicago, rod Chester, New York City, going from brutal snowy weather to la and it's so fucking funny.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 5: Do you like the snow?
Speaker 4: I like I do. I like I like the cold weather, especially have to ban out here. Yeah yeah, in uh, I don't know, Land of the Eternal Sunshine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No seasons, no, no seasons, time passing except birthday.
Speaker 5: My birthday is in a couple of days by the happy birthday. I just plug that.
Speaker 3: February fifth, everybody, thank you February fifth.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, very nice.
Speaker 4: That's a super birthday.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but when you're up there in Canadia, but they just, uh, they just are relaxed all the time.
Speaker 1: I think, are they smart? I mean, like smarter than your average No.
Speaker 5: One accuses them of being the smartest. But that's not why you're there.
Speaker 4: That's not Look, this is my theory. If you're less stressed, you're smarter, yes, because stress, you know, stress kind of just creates all this bullsh that gets in the way of you thinking, yeahdactive reasoning and things like that.
Speaker 3: I also think it's kind of cool to be smart in Canada, whereas here it's like football and like I'm going to be an American idol. But like up there, I remember my friend Christine Goodin in high school. She had Canadian cousins that came to visit, and I was I was totally in love with her one cousin who was probably like twenty two, and he brought a scientific American with him.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the most I couldn't get over it.
Speaker 3: It was like made me weak in the knees because I've never seen a guy be like kind of in my on my own time. I'm going to pursue the scientific arts.
Speaker 5: By days off, I'm going to go to my own school.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm going to go to extra school because there's nothing like that in my world up until that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what that is. It's just it's nice though, and they're great comedy fans, and it's just and they're really appreciative because I guess you know, there's Smailler places and they don't get a lot of well they do, but not often, I think, Yeah, so they're appreciative, appreciative. Yeah, I think how my commercial editions would go. So they're appreciative, right, Eddie, can you get.
Speaker 3: To that moret appreciative because I think that's what's on the paper.
Speaker 10: So it's ain't a leakage, No, Eddie, isn't that what it is? This potato chip is supposed to stop? Nope, it's it's funny you said potato chicken. Wasn't I experienced dandel Lay kitchen.
Speaker 5: It was from o Lean.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh oil that they would use that That is what this product was all about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is like, hey, do you still like eating potato chips with I think it was manufactured Monciot.
Speaker 4: You go out for this spot?
Speaker 6: No, no, but I I am Eddie announced the time to tell you I was the director. I was wearing glasses and a scarf, so you don't recognize me.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I got mad at you that I have a real apology.
Speaker 5: Mere is what he did. He came in. He's like, I'm a I'm a man with a family. When you get the squirts, and I was like, the squirts was this guy read the read the board. It's on the board.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm from an improv troup.
Speaker 1: As we speak.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm no ending you because I'm the director. I said, no ending.
Speaker 1: You got that address?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Another one on one south right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Another another thing I hated about these fucking commercials was that they were always directed by Brits and these horrible little piece of ship spots and and and they would and and and this guy this, these British guys would always be like, all right, if you could uh just kind of look away when she sayscorda and like like like he had this to me, you had this like fucking attitude, like we're doing this, like amazing little thing. Did you get the address?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, it works out. This is a great route.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 3: And you've been You've been vexed by commercial auditions for so long because the first time I ever saw you at the Fake Gallery, you did that thing where it was the commercial edition when the Apocalypse After the Apocalypse, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, well I find them so yeah and uh And at the end of that one, I said that at the end of that one, it was only like me, like I would say things to the casting person like, uh, it's just good. Like they would be like a disembodied voice, and I'd be I'd be yelling, can they they be saying, can you read the copy? And I'd be like, it's just good to hear another voice. Hey, you know, after this audition, a couple of us are gonna forage for food if you want to come, And then the casting person answered, well, that sounds like just leave a flyer for that. Maybe I'll come to that. And then at the end they decided to go with the Charred Corpse instead of me to sell cereal, and we're gonna go with the chart Corpse.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a different direction on you.
Speaker 5: It's not you, it's just a different direction. Thank you, Karen.
Speaker 4: But you know, you know, everybody used to tell me, which I also found insulting. Eddie, you just you so look like the everyman. And I was like, well, thank you for that, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's not at all insure your your insults are so well worded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you look like the plumber. And you're gonna work, and you're gonna work, and then you're gonna work some more.
Speaker 5: But mostly plumbing. Mostly you're a plumber.
Speaker 4: Now, I'll never forget going in time for a fucking Musins commercial and just that's the thing we have to sit and go. Oh wil an old and I walked down it. I did book at about three years running. But no, of course I didn't.
Speaker 5: But it would be fun to be the voice of the actual book.
Speaker 4: Yeah you don't know my stuff.
Speaker 8: Here, I.
Speaker 4: Packed my book of clothing the.
Speaker 1: Worse.
Speaker 5: But yeah, oh that's the word. Yeah you're sickly good. Oh you're doing it perfectly.
Speaker 4: But also also like what's really depressing is like what the industry saw me as Like when I would walk into the room and see the people that I was their type. I just would always have to like read a self help book after something like that. Oh yeah, because it was like, really, this is what I am to you fucking people.
Speaker 5: Around Christmas time.
Speaker 6: It's fun to go on them where they ask for a Santa Claus and every guy in town who professionally is Santa Claus to commit it to where they have a big white beard, and the more about them they maintain a jolly us. They're like, well, like if I just wait, I'm probably gonna not get as many gigs, be it in a in a shopping mall, or on a commercial or actually just weeks of desperation visiting of children's hospital.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nothing's more desperate than visiting sick kids. You said it.
Speaker 4: I visit sick kids all the time.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: That's misiting sick kids for myself. Just so I'm grateful. I just go in and I leave. Okay, Yeah, I am me not I am doing better than you, sir.
Speaker 5: That's your on visiting kids. It's your Murray perfect.
Speaker 1: I was actually just remembering I went on it.
Speaker 3: I only went on like three commercial auditions because I was so I was such a terrible auditioner anyway, but those ones they would make you improv stuff. Yeah, and so I was always like out of my mind, uncomfortable just the second I got there. And one time I was waiting in the waiting room and two dudes who worked at the casting office got into a fist fight, and I got up and left so quickly and called my agent.
Speaker 1: I was like, two dudes got into a fist fight. I'm not going back there.
Speaker 3: And it was like they were like my agent called there was like my client was very upset, but I actually wasn't.
Speaker 1: I just it was the perfect excuse. Oh, they got into a fight. I'm not going back.
Speaker 5: I'm again. You never know much too fat.
Speaker 4: I would always be afraid that my agent. I swear to God, It's like just me being a little kid. I would always know, keep going, okay going. I would always be afraid of my agent getting a report first. It would be like my tea, I worry about it.
Speaker 6: I worry about the other day I went in for one and yeah, I'm supposed to be a mean director guy.
Speaker 4: Actually, are you having fun with them now? Like you're going in.
Speaker 5: I like the I'm getting used to auditioning and I feel like, if it is.
Speaker 4: Are you booking any Yeah, I got commercials a lot, but that's cool.
Speaker 5: When what was Canadian one was in the UK? What you know, you wouldn't see.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's even better. Nobody sees you do them exactly.
Speaker 5: I was pretty happy about that.
Speaker 4: But I want to be flown in Japan and do those few million dollar ones, but nobody knows.
Speaker 6: I got to go to Spain and you did as you went on the beach in Spain, and then I got to go.
Speaker 5: To England for a commercial yeah and.
Speaker 6: One oh yeah for Expedia dot c a Canadian and then for a Mini Cooper.
Speaker 4: That's cool when you could go to Spain ship right, So.
Speaker 5: I think I got spoiled and I'm like, this is the best gig ever.
Speaker 6: I'm going to focus on this, but I I haven't anything right now, And like you mentioned before, I've been for it.
Speaker 4: How long food for Yeah?
Speaker 5: For how long since I shaved my mustache.
Speaker 11: I haven't had a good audition when that I've shaved it up eight months ago, Okay, yeah, yeah it is streaky like that though, right, Yeah, yeah, it's my mustache.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, it's.
Speaker 5: A streak.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 6: I was getting callbacks all the time I'm like, well, yeah, I'm in the groove, and where's this groove? Isn't going to go anywhere but straight to the Emperor has got a brand new whatever anyway it'll make I don't feel wildly uncomfortable anymore when I go into a room.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know next exit by the way, Yes, quick, little one on the right. You don't know where it is, folks listening, yes, because I already got people in front of my goddamn house constantly like, oh, please sign this, well you used the olean bag.
Speaker 3: And then there's that one guy with the God hates fag sign, which doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: Why is he there? I always want I want to go in in front of a grocery store where a god hates bags? What god hates bags? To get them?
Speaker 4: I just loved it lately.
Speaker 1: They're pretty great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hugs, I'm tired of working for the.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 6: We're taking this sweet sweet, sweet sweet, then beautiful and then we're gonna turn right.
Speaker 1: You're so relaxed, Eddie because you're home now.
Speaker 4: You guys did that really well?
Speaker 5: Oh did you have fun? Are you currently having fun? It's not over? Yea, I'm glad, I.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for some more fun.
Speaker 5: Some of our episodes, I'll.
Speaker 6: Be honest, are kind of stinkers, and I think this one was up there with with Aaron.
Speaker 5: Foley and some of the better A good one. She was great, but I don't want to talk about her. Let's talk about you.
Speaker 4: Does it end when you drop me off? For what do we do?
Speaker 5: It ends up up and awkwardly and we actually.
Speaker 4: That's actually kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we'll end with you'll stop right here. No, he just wanted it to end the whole time.
Speaker 4: That'd be funny. Like I say, well, I came out the other day to my parents and then I'm like, stop right here.
Speaker 6: Wait if he could really this is where my house is. The podcast ends. When the podcast ends.
Speaker 5: When.
Speaker 4: We are really close though, by the way, very very very close.
Speaker 5: Well then what did your parents say when you told him that when.
Speaker 4: I came out? Yeah, well I did come out, and the biggest thing I ever came out as was an actor. When I told my dad, no, when I told my dad I was going, my dad was like a dean of high school, and he wanted and he he kind of wanted me to be a dentist for some reason. I didn't want to be a doctor, and then he's and then I said, all right, how about a dentist. I said that just to please them, And he was really excited that I was studying dentist.
Speaker 1: And you actually studied it.
Speaker 6: That's the same pressure as the elf and Rudolph. He felt he wanted to be a dentist. A dentist, yeah, but he was an elf. He was actually the elf in Rudolph. He was passionate about dentistry. He's like, why am I a miss? Why look at me making these toys. I'm like, that's a pretty good gig.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: My dad gave me a fucking novacaine needle for my sixteen I'm not kidding. It was a beautiful like like state of the yard, Like you don't get to see him because they always hide him. Now, this interested me.
Speaker 5: So did that then light a fire under your ass? It sure did.
Speaker 4: When you get a novacaine needle, that are you.
Speaker 5: Let me reach into my stocking?
Speaker 4: Ow?
Speaker 1: What is this?
Speaker 4: It's a needle, son, I'm sorry, son. I was supposed to be covered with the blunt tip.
Speaker 1: I had to put a wine cork on the end.
Speaker 4: Of the alla for a couple of hours.
Speaker 5: Only a couple guys used it. Behind my work.
Speaker 6: There's a couple guys in an alley that I used the needle. But other than that, it's brand new, son and I'm not going to be a dentist.
Speaker 1: He gave me a needle.
Speaker 4: That's the best get to the right okay, And well, did your dad ever right behind this great car?
Speaker 5: Okay? Perfect? Yeah, No one's gonna bother for a little bit. So did your dad ultimately see you act and realize that you made a life for yourself?
Speaker 4: You know? It took him so long because he heard about the olean commercial heard he heard about a lot of this stuff because he had a friend in the commercial industry and non't kidding that would be funny if like Bob, which I'm sure you got from that, but Bob, I don't know. He screwed up a couple of words and it ain't a leakage product. It was perfect for him because he he looks like Ship, you know what I mean. He's a kid who looks like Ship and he's gonna go far if you could just harness this every man, and which basically means, you know, a person doesn't look well.
Speaker 5: You're in every Man if everyone in America was a sick plumber.
Speaker 1: Now is a compliment.
Speaker 5: Go Eddie, you're great, this was fun, and you know this was good. You are any delight. We're going to go back to the airport and pick up our nest guests.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 8: This is the way.
Speaker 4: That is so funny to me. Airports are the one place I hate going. I go there regularly. Do you now kind of dig it?
Speaker 1: And I love it.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's kind of my character, I guess, but I don't I get. I get a feeling of anxiety the moment I.
Speaker 4: Know you do. Some of the cops know you at this point. They that's the podcast, let them throw folks.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they noticed that there's occasionally a car where people inexplicably have microphones in their hands.
Speaker 3: So you're going to get I just realized though, as we talked about that we might be suspects, since we're at the airport so much.
Speaker 5: On the last size checking out that lady, Yeah, we could be.
Speaker 1: We could be in serious danger. But no, look around at whatever you feel like looking at.
Speaker 5: She had She wasn't wearing a brass here.
Speaker 4: I wanted to warn her of the.
Speaker 5: That'll cause permanent hangage.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Shows coming out. You have a podcast do you want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Yes, please listen to my podcast on the Old Things Comedy Network. It's called Pep Talks with the Bitter Buddha and you could subscribe to it on iTunes. I'm going to be at the San Francisco Sketch Fest.
Speaker 5: Oh fun, kept.
Speaker 4: Coming up to February sixth, seven and eight. Yeah good, and that's a green gravel fest. And I at the end of February and then the punchline March like eleven. I'm going to headline a punch That's great.
Speaker 1: That's a great The punchline in Sanrancisco. Yeah nice.
Speaker 5: That's to San Francisco trip or is it right?
Speaker 4: That's right, it's it's San Francisco. I will and then back to San Francisco. I like San Francisco.
Speaker 6: You gotta go back to go get your heart. You gotta go back in second time to get your heart. Everyone's always leaving their.
Speaker 1: Heart there and singing about it.
Speaker 5: Well, go all right, guys, thanks for being on h Do you need a ride? D y n A R. Are you leaving you wanna way back?
Speaker 1: Either way, we want.
Speaker 2: To be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you clean us time and they turning on and gay.
Speaker 1: We want to send you off inside.
Speaker 5: We want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared or was it fine?
Speaker 4: Now part.
Speaker 5: The father. Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need with Karen and Chriss