Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, welcome to another mini episode of the Almost Famous Podcast. Today we have Sally Carson. You may know her from Clayton season. She was the girl that kept running away. She was all running away bride. Sally was the one that was like, do I want to be here? No, I don't want to be here, and she left, and then she did it again in Bachelor in Paradise in twenty twenty two, and now she's on Southern Charm on Bravo and she's not running away. First off, let's talk Bachelor. When we saw you running away?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was that all legit? Were you just really scared to do the show and you were just uncertain at all times? Or was there some behind the scenes you weren't seeing You know that there was a boy at home that you weren't sure were you whether you wanted to be with him or not?
Speaker 3: Yes? So it actually happened so fast. So I was engaged and then none of the Bachelor franchise knew this, but like he cheated on me thirty days before the wedding. I found out through DM and I got a call from the Bachelor, Like a week after I canceled my wedding? Did they? Who did?
Speaker 2: Who? What friends submitted you for this?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was anonymous, okay, but it was somebody For some reason, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it's the girl that DMed me because she felt so bad that I canceled my wedding and stuff. I don't know though, that's just like my thought.
Speaker 2: Oh and one that cheated, Yeah, the cheaty that one. She's like, I have a consolation, DRIs. Yeah, Hey, you know what if he didn't cheat with her, he was probably gonna cheo with someone else, and she probably got you out of bad situation.
Speaker 3: That's right, That's right. So yeah, they called, and I was like kind of in this mindset of like Kim, like I'm going I'm gonna go do this for myself like I deserve it. I get out there and the whole process was like super rush. I know people were confused on my timeline.
Speaker 2: Well, lots of people. The speculation before the season even started was that there was this girl and she canceled her wedding to be on the back. That was the rumor about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, and I'm sure that's the one that my Eggs would love to be out there and not this one. But yeah, I mean when he was at work one day, I called my wedding planner. I canceled the wedding, and then, you know, I don't even know. A week or two weeks later, I was on a flight LA and I got there and you know, they isolate you in the rooms. Yeah, so I started to just kind of panic a little bit, and I was like, what am I doing. I've had some time to really process all of this. I'm still in love with my Eggs. Why am I here all the fields? Because it was supposed on my wedding weekend. And then yeah, they were like, if you want to leave, you have to go see him.
Speaker 2: Wait, if you want to leave.
Speaker 3: If I want to leave, I have to go break up with Clayton.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, even though we didn't really start getting yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I went. There was like four nights before the limos, right, I think they made it seem like it was like the night before, but it was not, and we actually had like a really good chat. And then I genuinely got confused sitting in front of him. I was like, wait, this guy's kind of great. Do I want to stay, and I was like, no, like, I got to stick to my like, I'm not ready to be here. I can't like go and get engaged again, you know. Yeah, So I left and then I got back together with my eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Yeah, and how long did that last?
Speaker 3: For? Not long, because the same result happened again.
Speaker 2: A new girl yep. Oh see, I told you he was going to.
Speaker 3: Die, I know, learned my lass about and so then I.
Speaker 2: Went on back to my Maaradise and we were still not convinced with him because I remember there was a visit to his house.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I actually genuinely did work with him. So he was like my main surgeon at the time.
Speaker 2: And so you are a medical sales reup, I.
Speaker 3: Don't sell anything I control. I controlled the robot. I also got a lot of shit for that. But I control a robot in spine surgery. Oh, it doesn't do to serve me. It's just like a guidance system for the servant. So he's very much still in control. But yeah, so I like went and had a conversation with him before I left. And again the whole process was super rushed. And one of the things that the producers told me was that he would not his name would not be spoken about, because you know, I didn't want to bring his life into the Bachelor again and I didn't want all the articles coming out about him again, which they ended up doing anyways, And I get there in the first thing the girls start asking me is about him. So I was just I'm going to remove myself because it was just toxic and my producer was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: She like, ran, but they followed you home the cameras, right, No, well I didn't know it. Did you self shoot some stuff?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh man, wow, I'm making up something in my memory.
Speaker 3: I don't think. Well, they had that whole skit.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. That was I knew I had something visual in my memory.
Speaker 3: So much for that skit, but that is like it was just very embellished and like it was funny, but it was, you know, just not the full truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, your whole storyline was quite entertaining, so thanks for good reality TV.
Speaker 3: I was super messy and the suitcase was hilarious too. I was cracking up.
Speaker 2: That's right. Oh yeah, you had supposedly like lost your suitcase and it had the dildo in it.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well no, that was that was not a real suitcase.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know that, but I know it's a plant. But yes, they tried to pretend as if, yes, people who watched the show and take things literally too literally would yes, they would think that you really did leave a suitcase there with a dildo and I know I knew you did it and a veil. I'm like, oh yeah, who what. It just made that the girls went along and acted with it. It was just silly that I know. All right, So then you got called onto the Bravo shows? Is it because they saw you on the Bachelor and they're like, this girl is wonderful reality TV? No?
Speaker 3: No, So well with Southern Hospitality, I actually met Joe Bradley randomly at a bar here in Charleston, and I had no idea. I didn't even know about the show about Southern Hospitality, didn't know how Shoe I had just moved here. I met him and he just walked up to me, and I remember he was like, Hey, you're cute, and I was like, damn, he's kind of cute too, and me and him, I had a friend that worked at Republic and he said that they had VIP hosts opportunities and the show was never like presented to me at all, but me and show started hanging out. So then I became in a few clips on Southern House Valley, but I was never a cast member or anything. And then Southern Charm came about through my friend Madison, so I just, you know, am good friends with Madison, better friends with her now. But you know, that's just kind of how that landed into my lap. But I've never, like, I never really tried to be on all these shows, and I think that's what everyone has a problem with. And they're like, this girl is just chasing clout and chasing reality TV. And I'm like, I know how it looks.
Speaker 2: You're like, I have fallen into these opportunities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just keep coming, and I'm like, why would I say ou?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, this season on Southern Charm, you've had a lot of drama revolve around you, Taylor and Gaston. Yes, how have you been handling this? How's the fan response been?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's been very positive towards me at least. I mean, obviously there's always going to be that one negative Nancy that wants to say some stuff, but I have honestly kind of just you know, I don't. It's kind of hard right now after filming cuts because you know, you hear things because Charles is such a small town, and you know, I hear that her and him are just around him running their mouths about me. But you know, I just try to I'm trying to just keep them out of my mouth. And I hope the best for her and I hope she's happy in that relationship. It's not the experience that I had, and I think that, you know, it rubbed her the wrong way that I had some negative things to say about her man, which it would rub anyone the wrong way. But that's my experience and that's you know, that's what I lived through with him, and it might not be what she's going through. I hope it's not what she's going through.
Speaker 2: Is there any more drama that you can tease for the up coming part of the season.
Speaker 3: Just the whole Like, you know, I don't really think that. Me and Taylor, we tried to get along for the rest of the season, and we kind of coexisted because we wanted to be you know, around our friend group and not have any drama really mm hmm. But the whole Shep and Sianna thing is weird.
Speaker 2: That I was going to ask about. Yeah, so what are your thoughts about that that relationship? Did you think it was going to be a little off from the get go?
Speaker 3: Yes? Absolutely, Since the moment I met her at the dog party, I was like, this girl is not into him, and I don't know. I felt so bad for him because Shep is amazing and you know, love Shep, but we go way back, and I mean she just anyone with eyes could see that she just was not interested in him except for him. So that gets kind of messy in the and it does really make you feel bad for the guy.
Speaker 2: Are you still with the boyfriend that we've seen you with in the teasers, the little glimpses of this season?
Speaker 3: No? No, okay, so yeah, yeah I got chewing on again. How does that happen? Hm?
Speaker 2: We have to work on your picker, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'm the problem. I really know how, But yeah, that didn't We're.
Speaker 2: Going to document any more of your love life, not.
Speaker 3: This season now, but maybe next season.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Is that a greenlit season?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it? What is it? Like happening, happening, not not currently now okay, okay, but yeah, there's regulation that it will happen. Yeah, you'll be part of it. Yes, okay, wonderful, Yah, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if I'm allowed to say that we.
Speaker 2: Will have a breaking news story here.
Speaker 3: True. Yeah, So I don't really know. I've just been kind of after that breakup. I've just been living, you know, a real single life in Drawsen, having a little bit too much fun. I am kind of hanging out with someone right now, but it's super fresh and new, so I don't really know where that's going.
Speaker 2: Do you still work with your ex?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: God, no, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I was like weird, not on speaking terms.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I wasn't sure about your job and him. You move, You moved on from that job?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know I still have the job. I've actually been doing the job for seven years.
Speaker 2: I'm on my seven But you move locations, I'm assuming move doctors, and you still are working a full time job in the medical field while recording the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun, it's you know, my my hospital job. My medical job comes first. So like if there was ever a time where I had to choose between the two, it would definitely be my medical career because I love it so much. I get I work with kids a lot, and it's just a very rewarding job. Where I love Southern Charm too. It's very fun, but it's more you know, fun and chaotic and messive rather than you know, business forward. Yeah, so it's been great.
Speaker 2: I love that. If you had to compare your reality experiences, like we're talking the production side, what's the difference between the two shows the Bachelor, of course, in Southern Term, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, it's nine. It's not like I actually have so much fun like filming for Southern Charm and working with the producers, and they've become like some of my good friends, Whereas on the Bachelor, it was honestly pretty pretty brutal.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you had an experience and you experienced it too. Yeah, I know, but I loved it, really, I loved it all and I made like really good friends with them, and I did four seasons and I've always felt so comfortable with them. And I know everybody has their different experiences. Yeah, but yeah, I just oh, I love I love so many of them. They're not most of them aren't there anymore, like like eighty percent of them that I would our friends are no longer there, but.
Speaker 3: Which I loved some of them. But my main girl she did yeah, I'm pretty sure she got fired, but she was just she was just kind of brutal. I'm so yeah, Curry, But I love the other ones.
Speaker 2: And like, I've had experiences on other reality shows where I'd be like, this is the fakest shit ever, and I always felt like The Bachelor felt more real. But then it's interesting to talk about people from other shows and you feel like your show is more real than The Bachelor was. I did Stars on Mars and that was like, actually it was two hands off. Production was two hands off for me because I felt like when I was doing confessionals, I thought I was talking to myself. I wasn't having a room with anyone, and I didn't like that. I didn't like the way I didn't have I didn't feel like I had support outside of the cast, because yeah, like sometimes you want somebody to talk to you outside of the people who are you know you're feeling with. I didn't feel like that. And then with I did Oh, I did a million dollar match Maker, which was like a million dollar millionaire Matchmaker with Patti Stanger and that was years ago. Oh my gosh, I was like eight years ago. But that felt that was so fake, feeling like that was scripted. It was like everything was coming out of the earpiece. So it was just like, it's crazy. However, reality show is different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a and I did feel like The Bachelor was real. I mean, obviously some circumstances were kind of forced or pushed on, but like everything I said on there was true, like they were. They never forced me to say anything. I was very much myself on there and then. But Southern charm, I feel like it's so we're all so comfortable because we are actually a good group of friends and there is actually, like I mean, in every group of large group of friends, there's gonna be drama. So it's like it's like a little family, and you know, we don't really need much force or push for things down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How many did you know before the show?
Speaker 3: Pretty much all of them? In a weird twisted way.
Speaker 2: Have you lived there your whole life?
Speaker 3: No, I've only lived here for almost three years. But I had like a one night stand with shap and then like Whitney and JT, is it really a one.
Speaker 2: Night stand if they continue to be in your life?
Speaker 3: I guess not.
Speaker 2: I never yet we had a one night thing. Does that get weird? Will ever happen again?
Speaker 3: I mean never say never. But I don't think so.
Speaker 2: She's not against you, guys, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so. He does look better now than when I got with him, That's for sure. He was like a mess when I got with him a couple of years ago. He was just, you know, drinking a lot and sloppy. He's cleaned up his act.
Speaker 2: Well, we have one headline, I want to go with you before we let you go. I think this just from People magazine, says Southern Charms Sally Carson removes breast implants she got for her ex. I thought that's what he.
Speaker 3: Liked, Okay, Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say I necessarily got them for him, But I became very insecure in the relationship because of the other women he was looking at, like online and like instagrams.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so this was a few years ago, and yeah, so he just was looking at all these girls that like didn't resemble me, and I was like, what the hell, Like does he not like me? And it just made I think. It just broke me down after a year or so, and I was like super insecure and I was like, I'm going to do this. So I did it. I actually did it right before going on Bachelor in Paradise and then I just got them out. I just got my rest and plants out.
Speaker 2: That is the new move. It seems like lots of women are getting their implants out, whether it's for toxicity reasons or otherwise. Just like, you know, aesthetic reasons. Why did you get them out? Because they they weren't you.
Speaker 3: I got them out. They weren't causing any issues. But I just felt like I finally found my confidence again and myself and I'm like very happy with who I am and I just am like these are not me anymore. And I got them for the wrong reasons in the first place, and I just I want basically cleansing myself of anything that reminded me of my eggs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, perfectly put Yeah, all right, Well, Sally, thank you so much for joining us. It's nice to meet you, run Away. I love it. You're a very sweet girl.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you. Bye bye, see you guys, Till next time I've been. Nashley too.
Speaker 1: Followed the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeart or radio, or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.