Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Touch don't tek burgers here, that's got tigsacks any pay today, touchdown and.
Speaker 4: Now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Monday morning edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live.
Speaker 1: From the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC Studios. Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 3: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. The Cowboys fall in Week three, thirty one fourteen, and I don't know if it was just classified as a fall. It felt like it was a stumble that led into a face plant that led into tuck and roll that maybe went downhill.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Drawers are down the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you got pants by a team that was winless. Yeah, not good.
Speaker 3: Not good in GB not in gb not great, bob uh. We're gonna break it down here over the next hour. First off, before we even get there, I would like to say thank you for listening, because we know you're frustrated too, but we're frustrated with you because it was frust embarrassing and frustrating.
Speaker 1: Loss, just plain and simple. It felt like you gave up. It felt like you man. Scheme wise was rough, execution wise was maybe even rougher, and yet here we are. I feel like No.
Speaker 3: C has a lot to say to dude. I'm I told you yesterday afterwards, I said, I think No C's gonna go Hamm on a Monday more name, especially after getting off the flight. What times y'all get back last night?
Speaker 1: Wasn't too bad?
Speaker 4: Too bad little after midnight? That's crazy trip. The trip started off weird and ominous. There was a two hour plus delay getting off the tarmac or even getting on the tarmac because we didn't have an airplane. An airplane for those didn't one of those to kind of get so was everybody just kind of chilling chartered right, you charted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waiting in the But to be fair, it was an issue with DFW as a whole. So everybody grounded.
Speaker 4: Everybody got grounded, and I mean it was it was apropos because one thing that DFWS and Airport and the Dallas Cowboys had in common this weekend is.
Speaker 1: They didn't know how to communicate.
Speaker 3: So no takeoff either, couldn't get off the tarad so no air traffic control either, and no touchdown.
Speaker 1: Would you say that they were grounded? They we grounded the grounded. Yeah, rooted, rooted.
Speaker 4: That was last year, last years sorry, different different this year. Yeah, bottom line for the to avoid a fine. Let's just say it was a crap show. Crap show. Wow, what's what's because I know Cal's general question is what's your biggest takeaway?
Speaker 1: My takeaway is that I don't have a positive takeaway.
Speaker 4: Oh and the game started with a takeaway for the Bears, and it kind of went from there. You saw the defense get off to a quick three and our start. Javonte Williams gets the ball twenty six yard game, looking very much like Javante and then he gets his lunch money taken very uncharacteristic, and then what happens from there the next sequence of events that then lead to the first Bears touchdown it just all cascaded from there.
Speaker 1: Do you know why he had his lunch money taken? Talk by Zach. Allow people to go watch the film and figure out why.
Speaker 6: But I'll tell you there's one reason. One, yes, there is certain wide receiver did not finish his block.
Speaker 7: And let this is why we watch film. We do watch film. We watch film here Riguez was on it. We had not talked about this prior to the show, by the way at all.
Speaker 5: To your point, but my bull's eyes on a particular wide receiver.
Speaker 7: He ran good routes yesterday. He ran goo routes yesterday. But we talked about it last week. I believe it was we did the receiving group the running game.
Speaker 1: Big plays are dependent on the receiving group blocking downfield, and it is a decision two or not to based upon the effort. That's that's exerted, whether or not you want to engage in that smoke or not. And if you choose not to engage in that smoke and just kind of check the box and say, okay, I've got my hands on my guy. Now the running backs past me and I could just now let up. Hey, play still going, by the way, play still going. There are individuals who the thing called hustle. What's hustle? Effort? Yeah, there's effort. So certain plays, certain players are like, Okay, yeah, you might have quote unquote done your job, but I still see that there's an opportunity to go and make a play.
Speaker 7: So since you didn't finish me, I'm going to go take the ball. And that's what happened on that particular play. Now, we could point to a whole lot of things, but we're talking about a point that play.
Speaker 1: Javonte Williams did lose the ball. That's his responsibility to keep the ball. But I could tell you had somebody else finished their job, that person would not have been in position to take the ball away from Javontey. When this was a team thing, you saw the same thing, Josh, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 6: It was Jalen Tolbert. And this is a criticism that we've had from week one. I mean even in the preseason and in training camp as far as like finishing those blocks, being able to be physical against your defensive player in front of you. He did not finish the play. That same player went out and snatched the ball away from Javontay Williams, who had an amazing game. I mean despite the fumble, he took his lunch money, like you said, going out of bounds. I was like that that was aut of bounds, that was out of bounds and it was not. But unfortunately it was that block from Jalen Tolbert that led to the fumble. So you say, but the takeaway really so they took it away from you.
Speaker 4: So you say, oh, that play notwithstanding your running back was having another great game.
Speaker 1: It was a great game, an amazing game. Ten carries, seventy six.
Speaker 6: Yards, ten carries seventy six yards, seven point six yards per carry, and he only had ten carries on the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's because you were playing from behind the game started. How many carries did you have from the one yard line? Hold on? Still? Hold on? No, no, no, yeah, but hold on.
Speaker 4: Your running back is having another great day. So let's use your franchise wide receiver running back.
Speaker 1: Oh we're going back. You want to go to that?
Speaker 6: Hear me out?
Speaker 1: Did we talk about this?
Speaker 4: We talked about this on Talking Tuesday, Talking Tuesday. I forgot who who made that call.
Speaker 1: I blame that was No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I know you call in every Tuesday Yeah, talked about this to but he did ask the question.
Speaker 3: He asked the question, asked the question, I want to see more CD Lamb in the run game, And I think all of us looked at it and said not Na, no, no, you were.
Speaker 4: All if you wanted to mix it up. That's why you have the Cavante Turpin package. And Cavante was fully cleared. You should have used him on that package if that's what you were going to do. Why why why why why why? For the most part, coming into this game, I've loved how Shody has called plays.
Speaker 1: Okay, this was not a mistake when it came to that CD Lamb handoff.
Speaker 4: This was a gaff of monumental proportions that could have resulted in you losing your all Pro record setting wide receiver for the entire season. Because if you look at how his leg was rolled up on it is the grace of every almighty being that his leg did not snap James connor the fact that he was able to even come back in the game and test the ankle out. The willingness, the willingness which he showed his great and toughness from last year playing through that shoulder.
Speaker 1: There was there were there were.
Speaker 7: There were examples of willingness in that game, of coming wanting to come back in the game, and there was examples of not.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, we'll get to that in a second. Gentleman.
Speaker 4: When you so, if you could have seen me in the press box in Chicago, when I saw Cede Lamb in the single back formation, I said, he better motion out, snapped the ball and handed him the ball. And as soon as he started running and I saw the trailer, I said, please no, And then he went down with the tackle, and I'm just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: We didn't get up.
Speaker 7: We did not get up to the to the linebacker because our old line didn't get up to the linebacker that linebacker.
Speaker 4: That was another sequence of a lemony snicket, a sequence of a series of unfortunate events. Ced Lamb should not have been the ball carrier in the first place.
Speaker 5: And it's not like it was a wrinkle.
Speaker 6: He lined up, he lined up, he lined up, and your running back is running seven yards a carry.
Speaker 1: What are you doing, louder? Please? What are you doing again? All several things can be true at the same time. Come to this game.
Speaker 4: I love how Sharty was calling the game. We said on Tuesday, though you have a running back that is doing numbers. He is leading the league in yards per carry. You have the top three rushing defense. You have an offense, you have a package specifically for Cavante Turpin at running back that you have practiced time and time again in training camp. Why for the for in the name of all that is holy and good, would you risk ceed Lamb? So now you lose CD Lamb for the rest of the game, and your identity went with him. You couldn't get a chunk play to save your life. Jake Ferguson shout out to Jay fergus tried his best to contribute. I think, yeah, thirteen receptions on fourteen targets, but he averaged a little more than six yards. They you played right into their hands because now they shaded all their coverage to George Pickens and they said, you.
Speaker 1: Can have the underneath, you can have it.
Speaker 4: Come on, no, no, no, Now, I need that that facial expression. Give me what's behind that facial EXPRESSI because I know where you're going with it.
Speaker 1: Come on with it. There's so much are we doing. On Monday said after a loss like that, So I am I too?
Speaker 7: Am upset that they utilize CD in the backfield. I don't think it gives you an advantage in any regard.
Speaker 1: No, I just there's no situation where I find it.
Speaker 3: In other ways, that doesn't put yourself in a procular situation.
Speaker 1: Coaches, And even with that, it's.
Speaker 3: One play, and that one play turned out in a negative fashion. It very easily could have been a normal tax. Absolutely, but I think you learned your last year. You still I agree.
Speaker 7: We said it before the stat the reward is not worth the risk, he said exactly one orbatim on this show last week.
Speaker 1: But again, so that is what it is. Unfortunately, players get hurt in football.
Speaker 7: We would have not have liked to see him in that position, to be hurt from that position, right from that alignment, from that position, from that responsibility. All right, that's done. I am more bothered as we fast forward towards the end of the game. You have five plays from the eleven yard lining in, and then you have four plays from the five yard lining in. How many yards are we running for?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 7: Seven point six for him, six yard average for the team right from the one yard line. Yeah, how many run.
Speaker 3: Attempts from the inside the two they had zero, So it was two plays from the five, and then it was two plays from the one.
Speaker 1: Yes, four straight passes, yeah, zero run attempts. Yeah, that's my problem.
Speaker 7: And I understand, I feel and I know that coach Scheinheimer is going to go back and wish that he did things differently. And we're playing Monday morning. I agree with this, absolutely, we're playing Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Quarterback. I get it.
Speaker 7: However, your identity right now, truly is you're running the ball effectively and your offensive line is blocking their butts off in the run game. I don't understand how you don't allow them that opportunity, the chance to put the ball in the end zone on the backs of your offensive line. That's what I can't comprehenmpletely agree. It's it's to me, it's it's very similar to you know, you go back to Seattle with Marshawn Lynch, is like, well, you got Marshawn Lynch and the old line has been doing good and you're on the one. You're out and give give them the ball. It's like, you know, giving all that play, give them the ball? You know who called that play?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 1: I do? He looks familiar give them the ball.
Speaker 3: It was shades of that truceive thoughts is what I put on Twitter last night or act. Yes, but I said intrusive thoughts came in.
Speaker 5: There's some overthinking.
Speaker 1: Is there a reason why why I mentioned that? Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 7: I can't comprehend when you're winning the line of scrimmage, why you do not while you line up five yards away from the one yard from the goal line and then you then in turn proceed to pass it numerous times. Now, the interception that Dak had, there's an individual who did not get their block. They got beat on that particular play was bro Kaffman. Brock Kaffman lost his one on one assignment. The nose tackle beat him, put pressure in Dak's face. Dak threw the ball up. Nobody was open anyway. It was four down interception.
Speaker 6: Hence no EyeBlack today exactly.
Speaker 7: So that's what bothered me more than anything. There was a bunch of other things that I could point you to another one.
Speaker 4: Here's another one. Okay, go ahead, Matty Refleus. Your defense is three weeks in. It had a stellar outing against the Philadelphia Eagles week one, Week one, and we had some high hopes. Yep, two consecutive weeks in a row.
Speaker 7: How about how many safeties did they play in that game? Primarily say safeties one high or too high. I have the gout camera. It was two years.
Speaker 1: It was the receivers did nothing.
Speaker 4: Two weeks beyond that game, You've now played a wildly underperforming Giants offense that you may look like a historic Giants passing offense. And you've now played a historically bad through the first two weeks offense and Caleb Williams and the Bears, and you let them look fantastic. Caleb Williams left yesterday's game for the first time in his NFL career without.
Speaker 1: Being sacked a single solitary time. His quarterback rating was one forty two point six a single sack.
Speaker 6: Not a single sack.
Speaker 5: And as I was told that we could scheme pressure.
Speaker 1: I was told that we could scheme pressure.
Speaker 4: I was told we could scheme pressure, and it's it's not happened through those two games. I was also told that Jade was brought here to contribute, but he was in a track suit yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't fault that you don't spend a week he hasn't had training camp.
Speaker 6: If the Cowboys had had let him go with his first visit without without a contract.
Speaker 1: Been a rep count, maybe maybe maybe maybe even then I.
Speaker 7: Think, Okay, so I'm next week. I'm not going to speak to the what what Jadevian could have brought to this game? I'm not going to bring that conversation. But what I what I will address is that you've given up seven passing touchdowns in two weeks.
Speaker 1: That's that to who? Everybody the issue? No?
Speaker 8: No, no, no?
Speaker 5: Who are the quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: Can the Bears and the and did you see what did Russell Wilson do against the Chiefs yesterday? What did maliite neighbors do against the Chiefs yesterday? Elite neighbors barely clocked in yesterday. Okay, can I give you the difference Week one? I mentioned it was too high safety. Primarily you took away their ability to throw the.
Speaker 1: Ball down the field. Did you get a pass rush? No, but you took away the receivers.
Speaker 7: And I said, you have to make a decision on whether or not you want to stop their ability to pass the ball or you want to allow Jalen Hurts to hurt you.
Speaker 1: Every now and then by running the ball in front of you.
Speaker 7: Sure pregame show yesterday, I mentioned if you had to make a decision on what approach you want to take, I said, I would much rather you take the bend, but don't break method while you keep everybody in front of you, because they have a lot of weapons that can hurt you, both at tight end and at receiver. I said, And if you give Caleb Williams time, he can't hurt you. He could throw the ball. There's not a pass that he can't make. So you have to make a decision. Take away the receiver threat or take away Caleb Williams threat. They went single high, right, I mean I said it many times. I said, go to do what you did week one. Last week you tried the single high thing that did not work at all. This week you tried the single high thing again and in the two high zones. Your guys seemingly don't understand what to do. And that I also cannot comprehend because those coverage calls that Iberflus is calling, and I know the finger's going to get pointed at him because he's responsible for the men that's touched the field. Those coverage calls are not difficult.
Speaker 8: He is not.
Speaker 1: And I say this just this is me backing him in this regard. He's not calling complex coverages. This is very simple.
Speaker 7: Now simple for your defenders also means simple to dissect for the opposing offenses. Yes, but he has to find some kind of effective way to communicate responsibilities to primarily I'm speaking to his safeties because that's where a lot of these issues the last two weeks have lied. There's been a Donovan Wilson issue, has been a Bleak Hooker issue.
Speaker 5: But what you're asking Donovan Wilson to do is not play last week.
Speaker 1: That was last week, and this week changed up as we could change it up.
Speaker 5: He was going downfield a little more, he.
Speaker 7: Was carrying because they were playing single high, right, So he has a responsibility for certain zones, right versus if you're playing too high, but everything's coming towards you.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You're asking guys to do things outside on themselves when you try to go to single high. When they went too high yesterday, when they did, and when they went too high yesterday in one of the red ze situations, Malik Hooker had his eyes on DeAndre Swift in the backfield going to a flat route when that's not even his responsibility. That's where I had the criticism was Malie Hooker looked lost multiple occasions yesterday.
Speaker 1: And I mean.
Speaker 3: It's notable to have a bad game as a safety, but to look lost in a system with a defensive coordinator as one of the few players on this defense that have actually played with this defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Because remember before Malie Cooker was here, where was he?
Speaker 3: He was an Indianapolis who was his defensive coordinator and passing game coordinator during his time in Indianapolis, Matt.
Speaker 1: Eberflus, So out of anybody on that defense.
Speaker 3: You should be able to know where to communicate, where to be, what type of coverages you're playing, and whether it's two high or one high, I don't care. You should be in the right place at the right time, and there were too many times where he was not in the right place at the right time.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely and I will back up your statements by giving two examples, two touchdown examples from yesterday, one of which was the touchdown to DJ Moore in the back in the end zone. That was that was that was a match zone right where if somebody comes in your area, you're responsible for taking them.
Speaker 3: And you guys can go back and watch this on the film. Okay, fans, So is everybody break it down last night on game?
Speaker 7: So every j Moore window, well there was a barn window there because everybody else who was in coverage on.
Speaker 1: That play had their guy. There's another reason. So people come into your zone, you walk my way. I got you. You go that way. He has you. Your eyes now have to be who comes in my area. Well, Malik Hooker was back there at too high looking at the running back go to the flat. His eyes were five yards behind the line of scrimmage versus the guy that's creeping up behind him. He never saw him.
Speaker 7: So that's why that touchdown happened. On the touchdown to commit right on the steam route where he was running around butt neck it okay, the house she was on that was cover three. There was two receivers to the left. There was a two tight end set to the right that was attached to the line of scrimmage. I mean to to the lineman. When those guys, both of those tight ends went on a seam route. Malik Hooker was on the far left hash. This was that the ball was on the right hash. Okay, the ball was on the right hand, so the centers lined up on the hash right hash. Milik Hooker's body was lined up on the far left hash over by the two receiver side.
Speaker 1: He never came off the left hash. As a single high safety, Donovan Wilson did not help because he didn't get a jam while he was going out to his flat. Your responsibility as a flat defenders if somebody threatened your vertical, I have to get her what we call a redirect. Early in the game, Maris Leafou was in there, gave one hell of a redirect to Loveland. Loveland still made the play, but that's not on Marrits. He did what he could based upon the coverage.
Speaker 7: Donovan Wilson did not get a redirect, and there was no safety over there to even remotely make a play on either one of those tight ends going to the seam. That's why that touchdown happens. So when we start talking about communication and we started talking about responsibilities, these are the things that we're referring to. Based upon the film and based upon the understanding of the coverages that are being called. These are not complex defenses. So I again, I know people are going to get on Eberflut. This is his unit, this is his responsibility. Something's not getting conveyed properly. But these are coverages that you learn in high school, in middle school. You master them in high school, and then you add wrinkles to them in college, and then at the NFL you start messing around with the way in which they look and pre snapping all that stuff. These are simplistic line up, this is your area type plays and the ball is getting dropped.
Speaker 4: You know what would make worse on top of everything being true, is you came into this season, you had the overhaul in the coaching staff, bringing Matt abra Flus Herald at linebacker's coach.
Speaker 1: You know you know what he can do.
Speaker 4: He's coming back to the Dallas Cowboys as DC great, wonderful, all the field goods. Okay, now you're three weeks in, and two of those three weeks you've your defense for all of the reasons that we are saying, has become the punching bag and the punchline. So other teams are now using you as the get right game that that is this early in the season, this early in the season.
Speaker 1: You're the get right game. The Giants use you as a get right game.
Speaker 4: They couldn't transfer it over because the Chiefs looked at what the Cowboys did against Russell Wilson and elite neighbors and Onondale Robinson Is said do the opposite of that. Okay, now you go against Caleb Williams. You're the only team that can't get a sack on Caleb Williams. You can't knock them off his spot consistently. Guy is wide open in the back of the end zone, just sitting there filing their taxes proactively.
Speaker 1: And let me get this out the way. Oh by the way, look what I found a touchdown? Right? It just at every level. And then when you talk about you mentioned the name.
Speaker 4: How many times are we going to say Mary Cleaphile, can we get more reps from Mary Cleaphile? You're going against these mobile quarterbacks, and you don't have a linebacker on the field that has the speed and the athleticism to.
Speaker 1: Cover or spy these mobile quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: So even when they in the rare occasion when they get knocked off the spot, they.
Speaker 1: Have free reign to extend the play in whichever way they so choose.
Speaker 4: With their legs or to threaten to the line of scrimmage to get you to crash down and then whoop the do right. And we also talked about a desperate Bears team that really craved a first win for Ben Johnson. Of course they were going to pull out, they were going to empty the entire a flea flicker.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, you don't want to talk about that, talk about it? Okay, we'll we'll talk about it after the break.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we've got more to break down Rant thirty one, fourteen Cowboys and all to the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: We've got more talking cowboys after this.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 1: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing, where with you?
Speaker 1: Where are you not it?
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and.
Speaker 1: Pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 8: Oh? I watched.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent. You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 8: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Travis. Go Cowboys Go. Cowboys make a.
Speaker 9: New friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 1: I'm home.
Speaker 4: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers onloading.
Speaker 1: Nice. Hey can you hey, hon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine? Wow, isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 2: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee. Credit for fib or downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes are caused by a single incident.
Speaker 1: PAC ten more towers.
Speaker 2: Strictions and exclusions apply att dot Com Slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This portion of the show is brought to you by in visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Welcome back here to Talking Cowboys. Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Stanback. I'm Kyle Yeoman's it's a it's a dark Monday, not only because it's thunderstorming and raining outside here in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
Speaker 1: But I know fans are frustrated, and I mean hit it.
Speaker 6: I at least it's frustrated and looking Yesterday, one of my favorite pieces from yesterday, Nick Eatman had a column about what the problem is on defense? Oh, the problem being the pass rush and being non existent. You're not able to get to the quarterback, there's no threat there. And he argued that with a certain pass rusher that you have that is now in Green Bay, the Cowboys might be three and zero. And now that's a bold statement, and I understand where he's coming from. He loves the way that Michael Parsons plays. Of course, I can counter that and say, I imagine if we did have Michael Parsons, I don't think we would be allowing only three yards per carry in the run game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a give and take there.
Speaker 5: Kenny Clark is a big part of it.
Speaker 6: But I'd argue that two of the guys that you let go in the off season because you were trying to sign Michael Parsons would have changed your record by now, that being Jordan Lewis, who had has two interceptions on the season already. DeMarcus Lawrence's playing really well in Seattle. If the Micah Parsons trade conversation was a little earlier on in the off season, had you had that forethought, of course, you couldn't foresee what the Michael Parsons drama would lead to. But it's really painful to see that two of the best guys that you had on the defensive side of the ball. Who contribut did a lot to you? And who were the leaders on your team? Who are you were in desperate lack of this year? Are being leaders for other teams and guys that you could use right now.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is I hope that that the fans, that small pocket of fans that couldn't, you know, find a way to appreciate Jordan Lewis.
Speaker 1: I hope you found it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: I think most of our listeners, because we've talked about it over and over again.
Speaker 1: On That's why I say that small pocket small most.
Speaker 3: Of the listeners to talk and know the value of Jordan Lewis, and when he left, knew the value of Jordan Lewis. I think it may have been a split opinion on the Marcus Lawrence, but the fact is he's playing decent football with Seattle.
Speaker 6: And those are guys you could be right now use you would have the cap space for right now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely totally what And I know there's a conversation of go get a pass rusher, go get I know I know there's a guy in Cleveland that people want to trade for. I get all that. I understand this team is not one guy away in my opinion. I mean, I see and I don't even agree with and I think that's a debate from everybody.
Speaker 5: I think it's a solid I think it's a solid argument.
Speaker 1: It's a real argument. But I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think I would say, maybe you get the Philly game because you get one extra close, but you also probably don't shut down sakuon Barkley and they just run it over and over and over and over and over it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's saying you have to take the good one. Yet I think Kenny Clark is adding to your defense right now.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I just don't think even with Kenny Clark here now, in this current situation, this defense is not one player away. Judavian Clowney might help. Sounds good, love it. You've already made that decision. Let's see what he can do once he ramps up and gets in the game shape.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Yeah, the back end is not good. You might get dron blam back this week.
Speaker 3: Who knows Trayvon Diggs is not either one hundred percent healthy or not the same.
Speaker 5: Just as an end as a whole, arguably a liability.
Speaker 1: This season, it has been so far, so there's a lot to slip defensive side. You didn't like that last night?
Speaker 6: Why would you have? I'm up there to press.
Speaker 1: She went over this last night. Tell me we were talking about the flee flicker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, yes, Two players on the flee flicker were able to dissect exactly what was going on. That was Ready Ready Stewart and Kenneth Murray only two players that were able to look at the offensive lineman and understand that they were not blocking downfield and that it was a pass. They immediately retreated. Ready Stewart immediately put his arm up and said cross or crosser. For whatever reason, Malie Hooker, being eighteen nineteen yards away from where the action was taking place, stepped forward as if he was coming downhill to go play the run from twenty yards away. Two players, two players got past him cover three deeper than the deepest a lot two players to get there. Because you're playing run from twenty yards away. This is the communication and the understanding of your responsibility is that it's hard for us to comprehend.
Speaker 5: That's overplaying your hands.
Speaker 1: That's overplaying your responsibility.
Speaker 6: Responsibility if you're trying to clean up further when you need to.
Speaker 5: Worry about there.
Speaker 7: There's certain keys, by the way, as as your position. Your position requires certain keys to help you do your job more effectively. The front seven, okay, or mainly the linebackers okay, the second level defenders, and even at the third level defenders. I'm looking at the office, a linement at the office alignment or never crossing the line of scrimmage. Most likely a pass, all right, right, most likely to pass right. So that's why huge town. That's why Ready Stewart, and that's why Murray. Both they step forward and they immediately retract it because they're like, oh pass, Oh no, I can't see the ball right now, but this is a pass. It's a pass, right, So ready Stewart media put his hand up. Now they did that from seven yards away from from the action. Yeah, twenty yards away. We have somebody stepping forward. And when you step forward when other guys are running full speed, your your chances of opening your hips up and catching them slim to none. Right, So now your deepest guy, who supposed to be deeper than the deepest, is now trailing, and that's why you have a touchdown. So that's what happened on the flea figure for those that are that have not had an opportunity to go watch the film, So.
Speaker 1: Not diagnosing the play, yeah, well, or quickly enough or at all.
Speaker 3: I like the way that Floyd just put this in the comments. He just said, that's just not being good at football. So it doesn't have to be brained.
Speaker 1: Speak speaking is not good at football. I don't hear that. I don't want to up some people.
Speaker 7: I don't want to pour salt on the woe, but I'll do it because I've already watched the film. The touchdown that you had to to George Piggins, Yep, it's not a touchdown. We have men down the field office, linemen across the line of scrimmage. You know what that brings me to. That brings me to the next next topic of the next topic of we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about is you're talking about the pickens one handed because one hand grab.
Speaker 7: We had linemen in the end zone past the line of scrimmage. It ain't called luckily. I'm just saying, like, even your.
Speaker 1: Positive play should have been should have been a flat.
Speaker 4: Which goes to the next area of concern. The discipline is moving in the wrong direction. Now, it was great in Philly, great discipline in Philly. Now we're starting to see those issues crop back up.
Speaker 1: It's like you're guess, second guessing everything. Yeah, second guessing yourself and in the wrong direction.
Speaker 6: It is indicative of a team that has not fully changed their culture like they have claimed to have. This feels a lot like those losses with McCarthy, where this is a team, it's the Bears, it is the Chicago Bears, it is Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: I would argue it's worth a one point six quarterback exactly.
Speaker 3: I would argue because of all that, it's worse also not to make sure the USC US some of those those losses that we're talking about, other than maybe the San Francisco loss that was like a week this felt like the Saints loss. Saints loss that was in week two. I didn't see as much frustration and just downright bad communication in that game as we did in this game.
Speaker 1: And it's week three and it felt like they threw in the flag. They threw in the towel in Week three.
Speaker 3: This is in a week fourteen, Week fifteen where you're eliminated from playoff contingent.
Speaker 1: This is a different, different look across the.
Speaker 6: Pad we speaking of throwing in the towel. I want to bring up from our post game last night and we're talking about one Joe Milton. We did talk about that five or six minutes left in the game and it was four.
Speaker 1: To one, four twenty one left, three possession game. Reverend spam Ford.
Speaker 3: Reverend spam Ford broke open. It was a holding call that had to have everything he could just try to score on that plank too. That was pretty sweet though.
Speaker 6: Isaia SAand back. What were your thoughts on Joe Milton entering the game at four minutes in fifteen seconds.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I apologized on our t because I miscalculated the point differential.
Speaker 1: In my head we were there's a two point a two possession game. It wasn't. So I apologized for all those that were that are angry at me for that I missed.
Speaker 7: Both like two different tweets, both you and I appreciate and I sometimes apparently yeah, apparently not. We were emotional last night. Yeah, we were emotional last We were so we were. I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: I understand it now.
Speaker 7: So I go back and I apologize to coach for my my sentiments in the first word segment.
Speaker 1: I still would have liked to see Dak.
Speaker 7: In there, but I understand think it was too early, but I understand why, and that in all respect to Shaddy, he might have got a phone call. He might have got a phone call because I think a player two before that, those guys feel right at the knees.
Speaker 1: Of that that was the one that got rolled up on and so or the rough in the past.
Speaker 7: That might have been a get him out of there type of deal. So I'm not I don't know right, but again I apologize to him for my initial sentiments. Not understand the differential points, but I understand if that was his decision, that was right off the heels of Dak almost getting his knee blown out, Yeah, so I could I could be a little empathetic to the fact that get him out of there. So in any other scenario, yeah, I would say maybe too early, but I do understand if that was a fear for him, you were this close to losing your quarterback. Matter of fact, I jumped out of my seat and was like, holy crap, because they panned away from it and you didn't see what happened to Dak.
Speaker 1: All I saw was to do going right at his knee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was rough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Isaiah thought it was really bad. And I don't blame him because I missed it. I was looking at the ball, I was looking at whatever else was happening, So I wasn't watching Dak in the backfield. And when they went back and looked at it, it very easily would have been a bad situation.
Speaker 7: But good, good on But good on him for coming in and being prepared. He came in and threw some nice balls. Yeah, he came in through some nice ball.
Speaker 4: And they fought back from down fourteen three fourteen, all right, And then think again, Ceedee Lamb left the game and the identity went with it, and you're one in two and the two losses that you have are because either CD Lamb didn't show up for you and feel like you needed to in the second half, or he wasn't available to play in the game. So you have two losses tied around Ceedee Lamb. You have, and that's credit to emphasize the import that's credit to the importance and the value of ceed Lamb. But you also have to adapt quickly, and it's not as if you don't have We talked about George Biggins. It's not as if you don't have an alternate wide receiver one. He's not Ceedee Lamb. But in these instances, which is likely one of the reasons that he was so frustrated yesterday, in these instances, you have to be the one to take over there. You should be enough in that you have to be the one to take over the game. And he wants to prove to the league that he can be that guy. When a guy like Ceede Lamb goes down, it has to be your show.
Speaker 1: And let's talk about that when we come back on the other side of the break.
Speaker 3: How if Cede Lamb is going to miss time, which certainly seems like a possibility, where do you go outside of that going into this Week four matchup with the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: More to come right after this. I'm home.
Speaker 6: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice. Hey, can you ahon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine. Wow. Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 2: We think so that's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service. Guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incid impact in ten more towers. Strictions in exclusions apply att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store.
Speaker 1: And pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 3: That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 10: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 1: My friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that's says thanks for being a soldier to cry out.
Speaker 10: Okay, this one's easy. I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball.
Speaker 1: Make a play for the playmaker.
Speaker 3: At get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys v i P. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys v i P to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back here on Talking Cowboys, final segment, here on this.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what's the monday? What's the I know it's a Monday, but like what's an M word for? Like?
Speaker 1: Messed up Monday? Yeah, manic Monday? Oh yeah, Okay, yeah, Monday. Yeah, you're right that one too. I can't even do the acronym. How about this embarrassing Monday. That's a that's a little, that's a read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Patrick knows you Walker Chock Isaiah stand back.
Speaker 1: I give it all.
Speaker 3: I give it an effort all the time, all the time. You guys will always get my best. Got Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: All right, we just started the conversation.
Speaker 3: Ceedee Lamb a big part of the Week one loss because of the drops and some of the miscues in the second half of that game. He was not available for the entirety of this game. So you're one and two, one and zero. When Ceedee Lamb is available and a.
Speaker 1: Threat and playing and playing well.
Speaker 3: He of course goes down with that injury early in the game. He did say after the game he feels like he can play going into weeks We'll see. It's different when you get on the flight and you get home and then you get get get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flow to that area.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of time between now and that Week four matchup with that Green Bay Packers team that's going to challenge him again.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. We'll see if Ceede Lamb is not available or if he is available going into.
Speaker 6: That matchup, it's a Sunday night game, a little extra.
Speaker 1: Time, a larkie Monday lark. Your ankle requires you to change directions? Yes, it does. And what is CD best at doing changing direction?
Speaker 4: I don't see him practicing in all this week? And then we'll see if he even takes a few.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Josh, when you looked at the offense without him, of course they weren't able to adjust in this matchup. But how do you adjust with an entire week of heads up that you're not going to have your playmaker and you have a playmaker that is either not playing well or not giving complete one hundred effort of the time.
Speaker 6: Well, of course you want to look at George Pickens. You want to look at George Pickens and what he's able to provide to you in just terms of talent. But if he's going to be your number one guy for the foreseeable future, that being you know, a week, maybe two, I don't know, who knows, but he needs to be more disciplined and when it comes to run blocking, that's a big thing for George Pickens. I think it's been arguably sloppy. I don't want to use that float just throw that term around, but it's just not clean.
Speaker 1: You can say borderline sloppy, borderline sloppy. It's not completely clean, but it's not completely sloppy at the same time.
Speaker 6: And Dak's interception wasn't a bad throw.
Speaker 1: That was just a drop.
Speaker 6: That was a drop that was bad concentration on George Pickens party. He's trying to make a play completely understandable, but you're putting your team in a bad situation. I like George Pickens that the way he can bribe to you, but he needs to be disciplined. If he's going to be the number one guy for you. It's one thing for him to take a step back and just do his thing when he has CD on the other side, But when he's that guy, he is that guy. Cavanti Turpin people in the comment saying that he needs to step up. I don't know what else more he needs to do. But if you saw that shot he took, going thirty seven yards down the field, holding onto that ball while getting demolished on the sideline while dealing with the next singer, he showed out for you.
Speaker 5: He really did.
Speaker 6: I don't think the Cowboys put enough there for you. And a big thing, Dak, I mean fourteen attempts to one. Jake Ferguson, I know he was my offensive X factor of the week.
Speaker 1: This is my fault. I get it.
Speaker 6: I understand because I thought he was going to clean up all but seventy yards, you.
Speaker 1: Know on twelve checkdown.
Speaker 5: I mean that that's rough. You don't want to see that.
Speaker 6: You want to see Jake Ferguson get down the field man, the yak yardist isn't there for Jake Ferguson when he's catching the ball, he's getting tackled. That to me is not great for a guy that you just extended to a large contractor you know, a team friendly contract, but a large contract. Nonetheless, he needs to be an X factor for you more than what we give him credit for. Uh And Javonte Williams is your best weapon currently without ceedee, lamb out there and please run on lean on the run game because if anything, that's going to let you hold onto the ball longer.
Speaker 1: Now, now, you just need to give George Pickins a handoff.
Speaker 6: No, let's not do that, please, don't do that, George, George, I think we're done with that now.
Speaker 7: My frustration, please George, of fact, that my frustration with George. I know that's kind of what we were kind of hitting. George is fully capable of a lot. Yes, I mean the Javonte Williams run that he got chicken stripped on. That play doesn't happen if that play doesn't happen, if George Picker doesn't get a block. Yeah, George Pickens got the hot spring that that that sprung that rightist. It's the consistency, is the willingness to exert that effort that's required on a per down basis.
Speaker 1: Now you can look and say, well you can't. Who is it that we had here? That was the safety? I say, you can't give one hundred percent every play. It was Exavier Woods. Xavier Woods said that, No, No, it was that was Adobe, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can say that, right, there's no way to give one hundred percent effort everything.
Speaker 1: That was, Yes, it was Hm, you got picking. I don't know, pick and choose your battles, I guess, but you need you need to see more at a draw.
Speaker 7: I did not see a sense of urgency to step into the one spot after c D left, and that's that's what more Soul was like, I'm watching it and I'm waiting and I'm looking. I'm like, it doesn't it seem like his effort level stepped up. It doesn't seem like his route running stepped up. He was there was a sticky paper on him when he did have one on one matchups, there was no separation. There was times where he ran slants that ball got deflected his he kind of stair stepped his slant routes instead of coming flat. There was times where he ran stop routes and a guy literally ran the route for him. So like there wasn't a sense of this is your now your number one guy. Tolbert ran really good routes. But we have our our you know, evidence on Tolbert as well, but you know that. But he is your returning touchdown, you know, leader from last year. So I mean there's a lot, man, there's a lot. You know, you expect George to step into it because we've talked about there's no one A, there's no one beat. It's just you know us, it's CD, it's CD, and then it's everybody else.
Speaker 4: It's more dis points the expectation, like you need George to step into that facts. So in the event CD misses time, even if it's just one week against the Green Bay Packers, George is trying to earn himself some money this year.
Speaker 1: You're trying to earn yourself some money.
Speaker 4: You have to show every play, whether you're the target or not the target, that you are full speed through the route, through the break, that you're a full speed through the run block every single time. Like you pointed out, great run block on that Javonte Williams break, great run block. Do it again, and then do it again, and then do it again. But as it stands, cowboys are one and two. Could be two, and one, could be three and oh could be but you're not.
Speaker 1: You're one and two.
Speaker 4: Now you're going up against a pissed off Green Bay Packers team that just lost at the wire to the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 5: I thought there were world beaters.
Speaker 1: They weren't. They got to be by the Browns.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: However, it doesn't exactly work in your favorite Yeah, but don't because they're piss but the Brown but also also the Brown.
Speaker 7: The Browns have the number one defense in the league, Like, let's give the respect there like this, it's not like they're playing something just the Browns were just terrible on The Browns have the number one defense in the league, so they said, were able to stop the running attack in the passing of green Bak right, they have a pass rush out of this world. They have guys that can cover in the secondary. They will hit you in your mouth. So let's let's give the respect to Cleveland and that regard. They're not world beaters. Green Bay had did not have the data they wanted, but it was because of the defense that Cleveland had.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, that being said, who has run out of the worst defense or one of the worst listen, Okay, so my point being.
Speaker 7: You needn't be worried about that number one. You need to be worried about everything, all of it, all of it. At this point, coming out of that Bears game, you can't piecemeal it.
Speaker 4: Now, coming out of the Giants game, you could say, okay, well, the offense can shoot you out right, can shoot it out with you get maybe win a barn burner like they did against the Giants and defense. That will give you some time to figure it out. But then you saw Ceedee Lamb go. Now, we don't know if he's available against the Packers. Now you're wondering can they shoot it out on offense while your defense is possibly giving up more chunk plays. And then you throw in the fact that number one is over there wanting he's going to get sick, you know what I mean, So that you have very real concerns because what you can't do, but this is what you're facing, a possible one in three star. Let's say, let's say you get right again the JITs in the Panthers.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can.
Speaker 9: You just.
Speaker 1: Bears.
Speaker 4: Okay, so who knows this back end of the season. Good God, Okay, you're gonna we got it.
Speaker 5: We got it, Josh, Yeah, just really quickly.
Speaker 6: I don't think I know that with the full arsenal he has, even if Ceedee Lamb is one hundred percent healthy, even if you have George Pickens out there, there is nothing that the offense can do to outplay how bad this defense is performed. No, you can't take any game for granted. This was the part of the season where the Cowboy was supposed to stack those wins. Because it's not getting an easier in the last half of the season. You're supposed to win these games. You don't. And this is where we're at.
Speaker 3: And that's what happens when you have Pete Carroll Colin pass plays at the one yard line. I mean, Brian Shott and I am are calling pass plays at the one yard line over and over again.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of things to break down.
Speaker 3: Like we just talked about for the last fifty one minutes and thirty seconds, you gotta get something right. You gotta find some level of positive. There were positives in week one, there were some less positives, but at least a win in week two.
Speaker 1: Tough stuff. Here. Go watch the film. People, you have access to it, Go.
Speaker 3: Find it, Go get it done for Patrick Docy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback. I'm Kyle Yewmens. We'll be back tomorrow. We'll be taking your calls talking Tuesday. I'm sure you'll have some colorful things to say about this Dallas Cowboys team. Thanks for watching Talking Cowboys. Cowboys fall to the Bears thirty one to fourteen in week three. We'll see tomorrow. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club