Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is Nick shot straining live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: At now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah hu Muller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola Dallas boy.
Speaker 3: Go team of us.
Speaker 4: See here.
Speaker 3: Are we supposed to be playing this? We are?
Speaker 5: It's Friday Friday?
Speaker 3: So when.
Speaker 4: This last game, this is pregame Pepper Okay, okay, we don't we play it on Monday after a victory. We didn't play it obviously this past Monday. And I think the real reason that the Cowboys did not win in Arizona last Friday is because we had a false start on Stampede on Friday.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, when you look at it, it's victory Friday. That means that there had to be a victory somewhere in the past.
Speaker 4: We're looking ahead.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, okay, I think a song man, we have a song. Didn't they have pep rallies at Berkner Heighth They did, but it didn't It didn't.
Speaker 4: Matter what you did the week before. You're gonna kick pierces.
Speaker 3: But this week I thought we were grown man. I'm sorry, I didn't know we did a high school attitude. Sorry about that guy.
Speaker 4: It is a beautiful day for football, a fabulous football Friday here in Frisco at the Star inside the s w b C podcast studio. Now, Savannah truly is on assignments.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: We figured week you never say what you're doing, and we figured you're in undercover situation somewhere in New Mexico.
Speaker 6: I was with my paper, said, yeah, I listen to the podcasts. They say you want assignment. What are they talking about?
Speaker 4: And so Savannah Truly is assignment and we welcome Everson Walls.
Speaker 3: Back back from something. Yeah, just in time.
Speaker 4: To talk Bill Belichick at the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: You can miss this, man. You know that it's.
Speaker 4: Ninety it's a higher ninety five degrees here today. I think it was ninety seven. I think yesterday. I mean, and finally there's gonna be a co front next week. You know what it's doing in New England right now, snowing. It's a downpour, and you know where the New England Patriots are. They're out on the practice field. Get it. Down. Yes they are, Yes they are. I just retweeted a tweet from Mike Geese Reese's pieces. Yeah, yeah, veteran reporter up there in Boston and he's by the way, and he is out there on the field in the rain doing a little selfie report. And Belichick and the Patriots out in the driving rainstorm get ready getting ready to come down.
Speaker 3: In what kind of weather.
Speaker 4: To play an air conditioned comfort right with with it's closed, the roof will be closed.
Speaker 6: So therefore there would be no rain, uh unless it's like, no, we're not gonna have a victory.
Speaker 3: Well we will not have it.
Speaker 4: And rain nearing about since since about May, So it ain't gonna rain on the roof?
Speaker 3: Was what's the point?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: So the Cowboys are hoping they just have a terrible practice because of the getting nothing done.
Speaker 4: So I was driving in thinking, okay, watch the psychology, but I can't get it.
Speaker 3: I can't get it.
Speaker 4: And so I was so happy. When ever, Sin's in here? Has Everson played for Bill Belichick?
Speaker 5: Could be the Belichick whisperer?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 6: I played for the New York and Cleveland Belichick. That's a different Belichick. Okay, you know this. That one made more sense to me this one.
Speaker 4: You know, I was thinking, maybe he's looking at it that Okay, the conditions are horrible today, it's going to be so much better when you get out on the field Sunday. He's preparing. He it's like you put stress on your team during practice, so that practice is tougher than the game.
Speaker 6: Well, to me, it ended up making sense because like having the balloon ball, practice with the balloon ball, but then you get in the game in the balloon ball, it's a regular ball.
Speaker 8: So anyway, maybe maybe we can The only person we know over there is Zeke when we ask him about what does it feel like the practice in the rain?
Speaker 3: I'm hoping he's over going help me.
Speaker 4: Well, it made sense last week because they did play in a driving rain storm and maybe not driving, but it was rain against the Jets and game they won, So anyway, that could be the other psychology of it. See how well you did in the rain on Sunday.
Speaker 3: We need to wear a our psychology. That's an easy word about. I mean, how we're going to prost these game SPACs.
Speaker 8: If Dak Prescott has anything to say about it, and jay Ron Curse c Lamb. Most people that talked yesterday, they're gonna approach it pissed off. And still after they lost that game Sunday the way they did, I think it's one thing to lose.
Speaker 5: I think it's the way they lost that is still eating at them right now.
Speaker 3: So it looked like some people quit, don't I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think quit.
Speaker 8: I mean, how do you drive I don't know, seventy some yards to get to the five yard line and then you decide to quit.
Speaker 5: No, don't give them that's too easy in an excuse. They just got beat.
Speaker 6: I saw the frustration in Ceedee Lamb. Was that based on his own play or the fact that he was in the game.
Speaker 8: In the game itself, he was wide open and they missed him in the end zone?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: And the one that I guess I couldn't see the angle, Well, it seemed as if he was looking for the PI call on one.
Speaker 3: Is that the same player you're talking about?
Speaker 8: No, I'm talking about the one there was nobody around him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Well to me, I'm looking at the one where.
Speaker 6: He had Yeah, he was contested, right, Did he look for a call and then just give up on the play?
Speaker 3: Is that what he was looking for?
Speaker 8: No, I think he just thought that it didn't be completed and there was a reason for Oh, he was pissed, but not as much, not as much as Michael Gallup should have been.
Speaker 3: So may you know you're mincing words? Hip ho, what are you trying to say? Man?
Speaker 8: Come on, Well, there was an interference in the end zone that they picked up the flag.
Speaker 6: Okay, that one. But is he saying that Dak is not getting it to him properly?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm saying he was open and they never looked that way.
Speaker 3: But now that's what I saw.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can't double you know, once you look another way, then it's over.
Speaker 3: For that.
Speaker 8: It's hard to come back to his left when he kept looking right and he threw a little.
Speaker 6: So he wants to be targeted pre snap. I mean, you know, come to me regardless, don't even look away from it.
Speaker 5: That's what That's what he said.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to get the temperature. I've been gone, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think there's animosity.
Speaker 8: Pissed off and that's good that Bill's.
Speaker 5: Quat Yeah, because Bill thinks maybe you're right.
Speaker 4: Shots we got so Mickey how's the offensive line looking.
Speaker 8: Well, it certainly looked better yesterday in practice that it did the day before when Zach Martin and Tyler Biatis were on the cords. They were actually in pads, actually practicing. Now they listened him as limited, uh, and it was only limited, not physically. It was limited by the nonumber of reps they took because I think they maybe got a little smarter and gave the backup some reps just in case the same thing happened.
Speaker 4: Coach alluded to that maybe they would.
Speaker 8: Do that, and I think they did it at left tackle also, or they should have. Let's put it that way, with a doga dealing with his elbow.
Speaker 4: So what would be who would be the candidate? I would say, awesome, Richards, okay, because anybody else on this Tyler line.
Speaker 8: Tyler Smith was asked about it and he said, I haven't take in snaps at left tackle. And somebody goes, oh, yeah, would you tell us the truth? And with a very serious straight face, he said, I would not.
Speaker 5: Lie to the media. So there that's a lie.
Speaker 3: So who was trying to get to? Man? I mean.
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because everybody thinks that you know, and I'm kind of with him. Tyler Smith should go out to left tackle Tyrants because he hasn't practiced all week, and I don't think that bodes well for him being in the game on Sunday.
Speaker 3: And it's good for us. We've had this happen before we came out okay, right, But.
Speaker 8: The weird thing is is he dressed for the game, and I think I said it on Monday. He was supposed to be available in an emergency situation, and I thought there was an emergency.
Speaker 4: The other thing that's different from last year when Tyron got hurt before the season started and Tyler Smith, who had not taken any snaps at left tackle during the off season, preseason his rookie year, he kicks out the left tackle. The other thing that's changed there's a new offensive line coach this year. We don't know how Mike Salari feels about where Tyler well, even where Tyler Smith's best position is.
Speaker 8: But I think you have to take inton account that he hadn't played a game yet, right, He hadn't played a game since last year till again zone, So you practiced all week at oh.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that they would have last week but I'm saying with a week now, and and and the fact that Tyler is now saying he has not taken any snaps at left tackle, it might be that the new offensive line coach feels like Mike Mike Celaari may feel like that Tyler Smith's best position on this team is it left guard?
Speaker 6: I don't know, So that's it when we're first drafting, I've always said that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then you got to put two tight ends to the left side. Did you see what Green Bay did last night? They had all their offensive line beat up, missing at least two starters.
Speaker 4: Went on injured reserve right long time left tackle and his career may be over, we'll see.
Speaker 5: But they acted.
Speaker 4: They were missing Elgton Jenckens, their left.
Speaker 8: Guard as well, so they they were acting like no big deal, our backups are in. Yeah, five seven step drops and love was getting the ever living daylights beat out of them because they couldn't protect them.
Speaker 4: And then they were down twenty seven to three and a half times. Yeah, absolutely, see what can happen when you're missing your offensive line?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Detroit's offensive line playing very well, and they've invested in their offensive.
Speaker 8: Line, and then they didn't compensate for what they didn't have out there was like, okay, next man up, Well, next man up ain't the man, so you better be careful. And I think that's what the Cowboys did to some extent on Sunday against Arizona.
Speaker 4: You know, you look around the league and teams that are doing well. Throw out Detroit, I'll throw out a Dalk, include Dallas in this, Philadelphia in it, Miami, San Francisco seems like most allt Buffalo would be another one. They're strong upfront, yep, whether it be offensive line or defensive line, they're strong up front.
Speaker 5: As I say.
Speaker 4: And and the Cowboys the one game that they weren't, they were missing three starters on their offensive line. So you got to have your you got to build that depth on your offensive line because you've got to be able to afford to lose one or two.
Speaker 5: Well they just did. They kind of paid for it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they got guys snaps that hadn't had snaps like that, at least two of them in their entire career career. So I would imagine today they sign or Saturday. They'll probably wait till Saturday. Brock Hoffman to the fifty three man roster after releasing Harper.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing that happened here in the last twenty four hours. Devin Harper, the linebacker was released.
Speaker 5: I keep wanting to say, Ron Harper. Is there Ron Harper?
Speaker 3: Basketball?
Speaker 5: Basketball?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Harper?
Speaker 8: So, and I would imagine they looked at someone to release that they thought might get through waivers and they can put them on the practice squad.
Speaker 4: Because basically practice was over for the week yesterday. I mean, this is the regeneration day here. And then you have your.
Speaker 9: Right Friday coming through a huge weekend by the way of football at AT and T Stadium, not only the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys and the Patriots at three twenty five on Sunday, but at eleven a m.
Speaker 3: The clown like the clown car, right, they was.
Speaker 4: There. We go the long tour running and eleven am tomorrow it's the Arkansas Razorbacks and the Texas Aggies at AT and T Stadium. I thought I might see some Arkansas red or some red Aggie color is coming through.
Speaker 3: On that PV this weekend. Yeah, come on, I'm talking to tonight. They're winning.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm talking to You're talking to the team today. Okay, check out the college football Saturday just in town tomorrow. Okay, you got Texas A and M in Arkansas at at and T Stadium. You got I think he got four s m use at home against Charlotte TCUs at home against West Virginia, and I think North Texas may be at home also and then at the Cotton Bowl. He has this great State Fair of Texas kicks off today. That annual clash between Grambling and Prairie, which I.
Speaker 5: Heard this thing on the radio.
Speaker 8: They were I can't remember who came out with it. They had their top twenty party schools. Grambling was one of them.
Speaker 6: Really yeah, wow, how do you party?
Speaker 3: Rusting? Hey? That just lets you know, man, how we are? You know? This is good stuff?
Speaker 4: And uh, and producer Supreme just informs maybe that North Texas does play Abline Christian tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So so the Kansas Texas game and that's.
Speaker 4: In Austin tomorrow afternoon at two thirty.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think, Texas? But it's going to be interesting. Uh. You know, Kansas beat e YU last week and uh there was a big win.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 4: What happened the last time Kansas went down to Austin. They beat the long Horns. What happened last year though, when the long Horns went up to Lawrence, they beat him like fifty five. Oklahoma, they're home against Iowa State, which gets us ahead to next week. Could be the first time in over a decade next week.
Speaker 3: Teams don't they don't trust you. Guys.
Speaker 6: Man, you are four and oh and you're just barely in the top twenty five.
Speaker 4: Talking Missouri, Sorry, Missouri's in the top twenty five. Yeah, they're twins, the last timmer but four and oh, I mean that four with the win over Kansas Stree the range Big twelve champion, that's what got him in. And they beat and who's Missouri playing this week at Vanderbilt? So you're five and oh they need to be And then they meet l s U in Colombia about that Tigers versus Tigers, right, feeling confident about that.
Speaker 3: No, he is not. I was going to answer that for him.
Speaker 5: That would be a big.
Speaker 4: Hot, but you never know. When you got him at home and before we go to break here, did you stay up?
Speaker 5: And yeah, even though I knew what was going to happen, I knew.
Speaker 4: It was like I did the tical this, I said, can you attack on some runs?
Speaker 3: Runs here?
Speaker 4: And it was two to one going to the ninth inning. And by the way, they did find a picture this month a relief pitcher and jose Leclerk and he comes in. He comes in in the first two outs in the eighth inning. He got him Michael the first pitch. Okay, host nine pitches in the eighth inning. Okay, he's still available. You can bring him. There's no rule against. And I don't care that the night before, he's done that before.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he's a younger man.
Speaker 4: He's a chance.
Speaker 3: You have a.
Speaker 4: Chance to clinch a playoff spot. Okay, running back out there.
Speaker 8: But no, I'm listening on on the radio broadcast walk off, walk off, and I'm yelling at the receiver no. And sure enough, Chapman without getting it out loads the bases.
Speaker 4: But now it was they were relatively cheap pits to start that they were hits.
Speaker 5: Okay, but they were hit.
Speaker 3: That's how it all starts off.
Speaker 10: Well, and two singles and then the next pitch goes to the backstop. So they were talking about, will do you sacrifice the runners over? No, he's just gonna heave it to the backstop, got the runners over until you walk the next guy.
Speaker 4: It's nobody.
Speaker 5: You should have heard Nagdell's call on the pitch he goes.
Speaker 8: And that one's why to the backstop and ten feet high.
Speaker 6: It's hard to keep your professionalism as you criticize right mercilessly.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so they didn't. They didn't clinch last night, and now they go forward again tonight in Seattle, and if they win and the Astros lose, they not only clinch the playoff spot, they clinched American League West. But this could be going on all weekend. Ever so so and I and.
Speaker 5: I heard they were already.
Speaker 4: Oh they had the champagne. They were the reporters were outside.
Speaker 3: They just don't know how to do that. They don't know how to do.
Speaker 4: The lockers covered with plastic and everything else.
Speaker 5: Celebrate until you win the division.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the other thing they shouldn't have been celebrating last night if they won anyone, Yeah, for the division. Okay, but that's our baseball talk for today. And we're not gonna get into Ryder Cup, but we are going to get into Cowboys Patriots when we come back in a moment.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 1: The press down.
Speaker 4: Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flat.
Speaker 5: He'll run for a punch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a zip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would of pairing, can cracks, a kickoff, Tailgates, going Way Pass, postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky in the Smoker, Miller LTE and the Cook America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller lt the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas devict Shots.
Speaker 8: Case, post roofing and Waterproofing, the official ruper of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: All Right it's not the same, but we'll have to do.
Speaker 3: Oh she is missed, we're missing we miss her.
Speaker 4: Now you did get Savannah's picks?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I did? Okay, okay, cool, all right, coming up, we'll have our picks to click and he's going to win this affair. On Sunday afternoon, I need to hear Bill Belichick story or at least a Everson what you would expect Bill Belichick to do with his defense against this Cowboys offense. Talking with Mike McCarthy yesterday, he was saying, you just you know, you have to expect something, but you don't know what to expect. He's going to do something to try to trick things up for.
Speaker 6: You, but you know, not just trick things up. He wants to keep it as simple as possible. And you know he has the talent for that. Defensively especially, that's what he's going to hang his hat on. He's not going to his offense. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what Zig does. They don't really look to stay out of trouble against the Statis defense. I think they know what they're in for. And just with Bill, sometimes he knows if we don't do well in a certain part of the game, this particular Patriots team, he doesn't throw in the towel, but he he'll play not to lose.
Speaker 4: Why do you think this Patriots defense is good.
Speaker 3: Sacks?
Speaker 4: Last year they were second in the league in takeaways behind the Cowboys. They returned virtually every dight. Yeh wow. And they returned virtually everybody. The only guy that they didn't return is Devin mccordy, who retired. And then they added in the draft Christian Gonzales and the first round the cornerback out of the colony uh and Keon White second round who's playing a lot up front on their defensive line. They got another local guy, Dietrich Wise out of Hebron High School. He said, this is the first time he'll be playing back home in the Metroplex since his career started about six or seven years ago. But what is.
Speaker 3: It that that he signs players that he trusts. Yeah, he signs players that he trusts. I don't care what the talent is.
Speaker 6: You know, you're not going to be the fastest, but you'd better be good at something that appeals to his style of coaching.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And I think and he gets criticized a lot. The Patriots get criticized on their drafts. They do they in their history. They've done a good job of taking the Jimmy Johnson approach and acquiring enough picks and moving around to be able to you can take flyers on guys. But there's a lot of busts in their drafts. But I think what is makes Bill Belichick so good as a personnel man is how much he personally invests in the draft and he knows these players, all the players in the draft every year. I mean, he has no hobbies apparently.
Speaker 3: You know. I do love the way he coaches. What you see is sometimes the pool.
Speaker 6: Isn't as deep as he wants it to be, and now he's got to improvise.
Speaker 3: It was easy to improvise.
Speaker 6: With the nineteen eighty six Giants team. It was easy to improvise with the nineteen ninety Giants team.
Speaker 3: You know, that's easy.
Speaker 6: You had that you didn't miss the opportunities that were there to sign these particular players. Now he's dealing was something a little different, especially when you're looking at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: To me, it's a it's a position that's extremely a consistent for him, and he's not accustomed to that.
Speaker 4: Right, But I mean you look at the defense. He knows those players so well coming into the draft that when they then become available, whether it's two years in and free agency, whatever, he's got a good read on whether they would fit his system or not, or even fit from a character standpoint. Matthew Judon, I mean, this is a guy at fifteen and a half sacks last year. He's already got four sacks three games this year, and I mean he is polished as a pass rusher, and he's you know, but he's a guy out of he was a fifth round pick out of Grand Valley State Division two school. You know, he's a fifth round pick of Baltimore. But when he became available, that was a guy that Belichick had penciled in that, hey, this guy, this guy fits here, and he's his career has blossomed in New England. Guy Kyle Duggar, second round pick in twenty twenty. You know where the Leonora Ryan is? Yeah? You do, North Carolina Hickory, North Carolina Division two school, That's right. You know there was a former Cowboys coach that went to Leonore Ryan under Parcells all time coach he was here, coach Jason Whitten, Mike Pope. Wow, right, Mike Pope went to Ryan. But Kyle Duggar I was looking at him because Will McLay was featuring him on the Mike McCarthy show, the Telestrator segment that he does. Dugger Okay, he's in his fourth year now, was a second round pick. You talk about, Uh, he's got athleticism back in combine at forty two vertical, eleven foot broad jump guy. And so they've got they've got some athletes on their defense to this Christian Gonzales. I mean, he's a four to three to eight guy with a forty vertical and if you look this year, he's three games into his rookie year, he's got already got an interception. They had him playing on the interception that he had against the Dolphins. Go look at that play. He was actually playing safety. And the ball skills, the athleticism going back. They sent Tyreek Hill out of the backfield on a wheel route and he read it and he got in position high point of the ball, and I mean he is a really impressive athlete, as Christian Gonzalez is.
Speaker 5: So Everson needed in Arizona. Okay, so I doubled checked it. I'm counting it. I'm counting it up. Eleven draft picks are on their roster. Eleven.
Speaker 8: That's amazing that you have multiple, like sixth round picks and they're all on.
Speaker 4: The roster and you're talking about this year's yeah, right now, eleven eleven picks in this year's draft. Well, look, d one, Well they had they had eleven and picks in the draft this year.
Speaker 8: Well, they all made it. I counted twenty d twenty.
Speaker 4: Three, Christian Gonzalez first round, Kean White second round, Marte Mapu in the third round, and they had they had a run of offensive linemen that are all on the roster in the fourth. They had three offensive linemen in the fourth round, all interior guys, Jake Andrews, City sal I don't know, I'm not sure I'm pronouncing Sao and Antonio.
Speaker 3: Maffi and Mafi.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then he got a wide receiver in Kaishawn Bhute.
Speaker 5: Two receivers Mario and Damario Douglas out of liberty.
Speaker 4: He was playing for him, so.
Speaker 6: And that's unusual because he loves going with the veterans guys, right, So he must have some.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he understands how you got to build your.
Speaker 3: Rusher, that's right.
Speaker 5: Ceedee.
Speaker 8: Lamb was talking about how you know Parcel, I mean Parcels Belichick. It will always come up with something different to take away the best guy. And they said, well do you think they're going to take you away? And he goes, well, if they want to, but we got other guys, you know. And I think the thing people need to slow down on is the Brandon Cooks thing. Everybody forgets. He missed the Jets game, and you don't just you know, suffer a sprained MCL and then the next week you're so he should be better this game than he was.
Speaker 4: The christ by the way, who played for Bill Belichick in New England, Gilmore.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, No one's made a big deal about those guys playing Belichick. It's all about Zeke, which, by the way, Jerry finally admitted Bill he was thinking, like we were thinking.
Speaker 4: That they have a homecoming ceremony.
Speaker 8: Well they are, and no, he said, I was laying in the woods hoping nobody would offer Zeke anything.
Speaker 5: And I was going to resign him.
Speaker 8: And he said, and the minute I got a phone call from Bill Belichick.
Speaker 5: I knew I wasn't getting them.
Speaker 8: Mad said that on his radio show. But he's he he said, if if he was sitting there.
Speaker 4: And he well, he basically said that he's you know, he said that did I sit down in August that he had didn't rule out the possibility that as we get on into the season that he would.
Speaker 5: He called it later Bill, he was laying in the woods.
Speaker 4: He said, So, what kind of day do you think Zeke will have on Sunday?
Speaker 3: I think heavy dose. I don't know how he's going to go.
Speaker 4: He's going to get me at sixteen. Yes, he's actually looking uh, stronger than Stevenson is right now, you know, not maybe not stronger, but this and Stevenson's getting the first dose, and so it could be that now Zeke's in that position where he's number two guys, okay, it's almost like being like the second quarterback. Okay, number two guys in better favor than they When you.
Speaker 6: Go to a different team, you have to show them you can do different things.
Speaker 3: You know, it's best for that.
Speaker 6: And if Zeke can show it, I think they're going to use him a lot more on the pass. And you know, he just didn't do well later in his years with us. He just didn't seem to have the footwork and catch it. I think he's working on a new Hilm and he will be able to be more of use to them out in the flat.
Speaker 4: You know. And some of it was at times they would have Zeke running routes like an out route or something like he would a slot receiver and no just screen pass.
Speaker 6: To him, you know, and get it to him what he can face exactly. They kept trying that a little bit less, but either Dak wasn't throwing it riding, and when he was, I think he was too much looking at where he's going to go as opposed to catching the ball first, and it looked very awkward.
Speaker 8: I got a suggestion for him that they need to use real defensive ends, at defensive ends that can set the edge and let Parsons play lineback because they're gonna come at him. I guarantee you with two tight ends and they're gonna hand Oh.
Speaker 3: You know they saw that from last week. It's a done deal.
Speaker 5: They're gonna hand it is. You better be ready and calm heavy. You better be ready with three lines a.
Speaker 6: Lot of three yards and a clown, which is the way Belichick loves.
Speaker 5: Get up every time laughing.
Speaker 4: He's gonna do this. See, it's gonna be a double barrel Stevenson and Zeke between the tackles running.
Speaker 3: What he used to do. We're gonna take the excitement out of this.
Speaker 6: That play that he almost made or could have made, it's not gonna even exist because we're in position to negate it.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 6: That's the way he likes to play it. Keep it within shouting distance.
Speaker 4: That's as soon as he thinks that. You think that it's gonna be a lot of power between the tag, he'll be shot in twenty five straight snaps and throw them player. It's funny too. Yep, that's dry all right. Our picks to click and who wins on Sunday when we come back on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes.
Speaker 15: Followed by Monday mornings Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest School's Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Dallas Cowboys football tastes like middle of Time.
Speaker 3: Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 14: Twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 4: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a French down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos hi with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school. Petsy, finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: To shots.
Speaker 5: Not quite, not quite.
Speaker 8: Oh, mark your calendars and get your letter. Hosen and Stein's ready. Frisco Octoberfest officially returns for their fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at The Star in Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drink, and plenty of great live entertainment. Visit the Star district dot com slash events for more info.
Speaker 6: Frisco October sounds like a lot of pretzels beer sounds good.
Speaker 4: That's a week from tomorrow, Saturday, October seventh. Won't be here at the Star and first got right next week.
Speaker 3: What's the dance they what's the dance? They do? The riverwalk. They're going to be doing the river dance, the river dance.
Speaker 5: The river dance, the river dance.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about. They look cute. They okah, that's that's October.
Speaker 4: That's why I don't say that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: You go to the thing in in West Texas.
Speaker 3: No, I do stop there often, though they do.
Speaker 5: They do the poka at west Fest.
Speaker 4: Sounds like you've been there?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 4: Have you done the poka?
Speaker 5: I think twice?
Speaker 6: It sounds like freaknick in Atlanta. They have been a freaking freak Nick.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know who you need to talk about.
Speaker 4: All right, last few minutes here of mixed shots for the week and anything else you want to cover before we get to our picks.
Speaker 3: Injuries, more injuries, anything, because.
Speaker 6: We missed, we missed a lot of prize. His last game, you know something something.
Speaker 4: They all happened on Saturday, and the tiring happened Saturday and almost Sunday. He didn't he wasn't on the practice report until Saturday, so late an ad.
Speaker 5: At least this week it's d n T right.
Speaker 8: I look for this offense to open up in this game because there's no excuses.
Speaker 4: If you have two you're assuming that beyond a ship two or.
Speaker 8: Three offensive linemen are playing, then I don't think you have to play with a scared hand. I think that Brandon Cooks uh two weeks removed from his spray knee, will be a factor, and I think that they will not be afraid to take five or seven step drops to throw the ball down the field and get some big play. So I think this game is going to be a more reflection of what this offense can do or wants to do than the first three games. You had to rain in the Giants, you had a lead in the Jets that weren't going to come back unless you turn the ball over, and you were behind the eight ball with the injuries on the offensive line against Arizona.
Speaker 5: So there's no.
Speaker 8: Seemingly extenuating circumstances to hold this offense back.
Speaker 6: I think they're going to rely a lot more heavily on deck to make those decisions that he didn't make. Last week, but also not too many changes between the twenties because they were successful.
Speaker 3: I look at them to be.
Speaker 6: Either let's score outside the twenty before we get into the red zone, but they're definitely going to concentrate on more red zone success.
Speaker 4: Text from Nate Say at Frisco. Let me read it before read it out loud.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 8: If the interior d line do their job and Micah Parsons and d Loss set the edge, everything will be okay.
Speaker 6: Nate NSC you want to make sure we don't get mixed up with Nate and Plano.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: I don't why he doesn't just like that. That's some great insight, Nate next.
Speaker 3: Door, I agree with that for real.
Speaker 4: All right, time to make our picks. You want to go with the podcast pick first pods is the pod pic that is seen by the world.
Speaker 5: If the defense runs one in, it is that count?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: If the defense runs one in, here's okay, here's the questions the question the pod. Yes, it's the first rushing touchdown in this game, either team, So it can be a Patriot or a Cowboy first rushing touchdown.
Speaker 3: That's a change. I'm not gonna change it.
Speaker 6: Well because I'm thinking no, meaning a change in my head on who's gonna do it?
Speaker 4: Okay, so ever since you can, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna stick with it. Uh.
Speaker 6: He took a lot on the shoulders as well as he should have last week for not making bad decisions. I think Dak's gonna use that r p O a little bit more aggressively in strategic situations. He's not gonna be about thirty twenty. But if you got thirty three thirty five, see if we can pick it up.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, okay, So your pod pick for first rushing touchdown Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: Okay, I am gonna go with Duce Vaughn.
Speaker 4: Whoa douce Van that's right used for like one snap on special teams.
Speaker 3: That's why they lost.
Speaker 5: They're opening up the offense that I love it.
Speaker 8: Douce loving gonna get Uh, there's gonna be a two back set and he's gonna get a pick you outside and gonna beat him to the.
Speaker 4: Cone in two chet Bill Belichick, who had her eye on that guy in the next round.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, pod pick, pod pick, okay.
Speaker 4: Pod pick Douce Vaughan first rushing touchdown?
Speaker 3: I got right here.
Speaker 4: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Well, spell check says, no, you're wrong. It's Dice Vaughn.
Speaker 5: And you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Take and my guy first rushing touchdown. I would take Zeke, but I think it's going to be a big day for the guy who replaced Zeke in Dallas, and that would be no Tony Pollard. Okay, Rico o'dwell got his touchdown last week. Okay, it wasn't rushing. Yeah, rushing touchdown, Tony Pollard, and it will not be a red zone touchdown.
Speaker 3: Big play, try to go out to twenty. Don't want wait till they get in the redson.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, Yeah, I just scored from the forty in exactly Okay. Now our regular picks, pick the win, pick the click. What are you thinking, Everson, Cowboys win?
Speaker 3: I have damn.
Speaker 6: I didn't put that score, but I was looking at thirty to seventeen. I don't know why I didn't write it down thirty to seven seventeen. Cowboys to blowout, and I look for a blowout.
Speaker 3: No, until the end.
Speaker 6: They will be within one score, until the Cowboys decide to make moves.
Speaker 3: And I think that.
Speaker 6: My player would be I didn't say Dak Prescott didn't say there it is Cooks. They're going to make us throw to the slot then, because they're going to try and kill it. They're gonna try and double outside. I'm looking at Cooks to have a touchdown, and I look for them to have a big game.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it. I like it. The former New England Patriots Brandon Cooks, Well, Mickey, do Savannah, Oh yeah, do Savannahs.
Speaker 8: She's got the Cowboys winning seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 3: Ok man, that's gonna be tough, and.
Speaker 5: Her pick to click is Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 3: Brandon Cooks, Oh wow, see it's my good I was not.
Speaker 5: There, which is what I was gonna do.
Speaker 8: But since there's already two of them, I'll try to come up with something different.
Speaker 5: I got the Cowboys twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, and my.
Speaker 5: Pick the click is going to be Durrance Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Durrance Armstrong for Mickey.
Speaker 5: I'm taking these way out picks, aren't I.
Speaker 4: No, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it. I almost picked Dans last week. Yeah, yeah, I did. He comes to in games like that most of the time.
Speaker 4: I don't think he got enough snaps last week. They're going to rectify that all right. Oh, my pick for the game.
Speaker 3: How do you get to go last? By the way, that's not just ship?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is the deal here?
Speaker 4: I'm going with the Cowboys winning twenty four twenty three on the last second field goal by.
Speaker 8: Brandon despite the fact that I held him yesterday when they were kicking field goal hit one off the right, up right, and one off the left.
Speaker 4: What's what's twenty four to twenty three? Eight field goals.
Speaker 8: By He's gonna have eighteen straight field goals.
Speaker 4: And my pick to click is DeMarcus Lawrence D Law is my pick?
Speaker 3: De Law? What do you think? What's he gonna do?
Speaker 4: He's going to stop the run? Oh okay, you see that run? I thought, well, defensive ends the same principle that Mickey's got there with Dorence Armstrong.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to have. You know, the law will specifics like a sack.
Speaker 4: D Law will stop the run on the way to the quarterback. Okay, I'll give you. We'll have a sack and a tackle for loss in addition to it. Okay, all right, Finally I got one more for you. How many yards does Zeke get? Oh? I am going and keep in mind, ever since we talked about this earlier this week. When Emmett returned, he had six carries for minus one year.
Speaker 3: That was not I remember that anything got head. That was not good.
Speaker 5: They broke his shoulder.
Speaker 4: That was plus. He was thirty eight years old.
Speaker 3: They broke his spirit, That's what happened.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say he has.
Speaker 4: Sixty five yards sixty five yards on how many carries ten?
Speaker 3: I was going to say fifty.
Speaker 4: Six and a half yards of carry.
Speaker 6: I was going to say fifty fifty yards, ten carries, and then after that he will become irrelevant because they would have to start.
Speaker 4: Throwing ten for fifty, ten for fifty. You know what I'm going I think he's going to have a twenty four to twenty three game. He's going to have eighteen carries from one hundred one.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no the cowboy, No no, no, we can't get we can't give him that kind of glory coming back home.
Speaker 4: Man. I like, you know, I like, how many games has it been since? No, it's good, it's all good.
Speaker 5: Cowboys to get one hundred yards?
Speaker 4: How many times? How many games has it been since you have the.
Speaker 3: Cake either too? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Look right?
Speaker 4: How many? How many games ago did Zeke run for one hundred yards in a game? It's been thirty games ago. It was October fifth. It was a Giants game of the twenty twenty one seed.
Speaker 8: Mac Jones might throw for three hundred yards, but they're not running for one hundred on.
Speaker 4: How many one hundred yard games does he have in his career? I think it's twenty nine. I think it's been since Monday since I looked it up, so that would be this thirtieth one hundred yard game. Anyway, there we go.
Speaker 5: That would make him very interesting.
Speaker 4: All right, it's been a fun week.
Speaker 5: What are you doing this weekend? You gotta work.
Speaker 4: I've got a grandkid basketball game at nine o'clock tomorrow, a t ball game at news coaching, a girls basketball game at two thirty. Oh no, and I've got another grandson's basketball game at four fifteen, and then the Sooners play at six o'clock.
Speaker 5: So it very convince the kids game. How old the girls basketball?
Speaker 4: High school? High school school age? Yeah, I'm been asked to sit on the bench because.
Speaker 6: It got a all right, yea does it?
Speaker 4: And here comes Nate in Frisco coming up here on Dallascowboys dot com, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubby