Speaker 1: Hello. Hello, is this Sarah?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: How are you doing, Sarah?
Speaker 3: I'm doing okay. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm feeling okay as well? Well, Sarah? How can I get you this evening? Is? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a bit of a bit of a story. But to summarize, about two years into my relationship with my boyfriend, he suck with my mother and then I proceeded to continue the relationship for another five years. So and now we're still living together even though we broke up about ten months ago.
Speaker 1: Really, so you guys have been together for seven years total?
Speaker 3: Seven years totally?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay? And what did you do after you first found out that he had slept with your mom two years in?
Speaker 3: So immediately I left the house because at the time he was living with me and my parents at my parents' house. So I immediately left and I went and stayed with another family member for about a week. But he ended up coming there and like profusely apologizing, and we basically got back together almost immediately.
Speaker 1: And what was it that led you to be able to forgive him so fast?
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't say that I forgave him. It was more so that he made me believe that it didn't happen, and my mom made me believe that it didn't happen, and so I thought that, Okay, maybe it didn't happen, even though I knew that it happened. But I thought, you know what, we can do this. We can pretend that it didn't happen and then everything can be fine. And I thought that that was a good idea. So also, I kind of want to say that I feel that because he was he was nineteen at the time, I feel like it was more so reflecting now, it was more so the blame goes to my mom, right because.
Speaker 1: Right, let's before we get into you know, blame and whatnot. Why uh so you you were believed you were you? Your plan was to just pretend like it didn't happen, Yes, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like I successfully did that.
Speaker 1: What was what did they say to you? What did they say to you to convince you that it didn't happen. Were they just profusely lying to you that it didn't happen, but you had a suspicion that it did.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, I didn't just have suspicion, like it happened, and I saw it happen, and so, but they were trying to convince me that it didn't. So, yes, they were basically just lying and say saying, no, you didn't see anything, you didn't hear anything, nothing happened.
Speaker 1: And how successful were you in pretending like it didn't happen?
Speaker 3: I feel like I was pretty successful successful, and less him and I had any sort of disagreements or arguments, or sometimes I would just sit and think on it and then I would have to bring it up and be like, come on, do you want to stop lying and say they didn't sleep with my mom even though I know that.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 1: And you stayed with him for five years after that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And during those five years, how prevalent was this issue in your mind and in your relationship?
Speaker 3: I feel that it was pretty prevalent, especially anytime my mom and him were together. I couldn't help but think about it. Whenever they were in the same room, where if we were on vacation and you know, they were together, I kind of couldn't help but think about it then, But it was pretty easy to not think about it whenever they weren't together.
Speaker 1: And why did you guys break up? You said this was two weeks ago, you guys broke up? Or did I pull that out of nowhere?
Speaker 3: Like two months ago?
Speaker 1: Two months ago? Why did you guys break up? Two months ago?
Speaker 3: We broke up just because I didn't want to be with him anymore, not for any specific reason. I just felt like the relationships run its course.
Speaker 1: Do you regret at all not breaking up with him five years ago when you found out that he slept with your mom? Or do you stand by that decision?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a part that I'm having an issue with now is I don't know how I should feel about it at this point. It happened so long ago. I don't know if I should be regretting it or not. I kind of do, but I also kind of don't at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's an interesting you know, regrets you great in general is an interesting thing. I mean, this is a, you know, a crazy situation that he's left with your mom. But I think in the general realm of people breaking up with their spouses or significant others or whatever and then going, oh, do I regret that time, it's like the debate of whether or not you regret it, it's almost irrelevant, right, because that's that time has passed and now you only have the time in front of you to do whatever it is you're going to do.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's kind of how I'm trying to look at it. But it's difficult at times whenever I think about, oh my god, that was like seven years you know, I could have done so many other things at that point in time, So it's hard to not look at that way too.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have a confrontation with your mom about this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did that come down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So it's basically I've had this converntation with her several times, and it's always the same thing where she tells me I'm crazy and that it's a disgusting idea that she would ever sleep with someone much younger than her, and that I'm crazy. That's basically how it goes.
Speaker 1: And to this day, five years later, has she still denied it?
Speaker 3: She still denies it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you said you saw them, did you? I mean, can you tell me about that? Did you like see them in bed with each other? What exactly happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it wasn't in bed, It was in the kitchen. It was very early in the morning, probably like six thirty seven am. And I had my suspicions, and so what I did was he and I were living upstairs in my parents' house, so I sat up at the very top of the steps to listen for anything because they were both in the kitchen together, and about five minutes into dumping in the kitchen together, I started hearing moaning, lots of moaning, and it continued. So I kind of just sat there and all for a second like holy shit, and I thought to walk in my mom fucking my boyfriend, and so that's what I did. I basically like ran down the stairs. They heard me running down the stairs, so I walked into the kitchen and they're pulling away from each other.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I can't believe they did that while you were home in the kitchen in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I normally I would sleep late at that point in time. So I don't think that they thought that I was awake, And I wouldn't have been awake if I weren't suspicious of this happening in the first place. And so that's the only reason I think that I called them in the first place. I don't think that they would have done it if I was awake, or if they thought that they would have gotten cult or maybe they would have. I don't know, but I would think not.
Speaker 1: What is your relationship like with your mom in general?
Speaker 3: Pretty distant? I would say we're not particularly close.
Speaker 1: Has it always been like that, like throughout your your life?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm much closer with my dad. My dad and I are very close. My mom and I am.
Speaker 4: Not so much.
Speaker 1: Forgot about the dad angle to this. What the fuck is his?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: His deal with all these what's he think? What tell me about that?
Speaker 4: Mm?
Speaker 3: So my parents are married, they're not divorced. They have a very strange relationship though where he's it's kind of complicated. They're still married, but they don't really act like they're married, if that makes sense, Like they kind of just seem like they're together because they happened for so long. As far as what he thinks about this, I don't really know all that much because I don't know. I kind of haven't asked him what he.
Speaker 1: Thinks, right, That's what I was going to say. Have you had a conversation with him directly about this?
Speaker 3: I did one time, right after it happened. I told him what happened, and he didn't say much of anything other than okay. He didn't tell me that I was crazy, though, which made me feel better. I guess so.
Speaker 1: Much to say, it sounds like his relationship with your mom is kind of distant too. Yes, yeah, so you're cool with him, you're distant to the mom. Do you have any siblings?
Speaker 3: I do, Yes, I have one brother.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your brother's take?
Speaker 3: So my brother, I don't think he knows about it, but he does not like the ex boyfriend at all. Mm hmm, so he doesn't know though.
Speaker 4: HM.
Speaker 1: Were you happy during those five years that you stayed with him?
Speaker 3: Sometimes other times not so much?
Speaker 1: What do you think and forgive me if I asked you this already, h but what do you think kept you going through those Through those five years of wanting to keep being with him?
Speaker 3: It was my first serious relationship, and I really wanted it to work, and I really wanted it to be something that it wasn't. I really wanted it to be like the very loving and serious relationship, and so I thought that if I put enough effort into it, and if I lasted long enough in the relationships, that eventually it would become that. But it never did.
Speaker 1: So well, speaking to your thing of whether or not you want to regret it, whether or not you regret this time. This is kind of a classic thing with regret is you know, you had this experience with this guy over the past five years that turned out to not go exactly how you wanted it to. But did you learn anything that you can use to help you navigate your relationships with other people in the future. Yes, what did you learn?
Speaker 3: I learned to not continue relationship if the partner sleeps with a parental figure.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good takeaway from this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, take away number one for sure. Take Away number few, I think is to have a bit.
Speaker 5: More selffect.
Speaker 3: In relationships.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, m I hope you're not being hard.
Speaker 3: That again, which may ta and nicely to point one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I hope you're not being too hard on yourself. It sounds like you were pretty young and sort of inexperienced with your relationships when this happened, and it sounds like you've you've learned a great deal since then. So if anything, if you're like in your your retrospective thinking of of this situation, I would hope you're not being hard on the past version of yourself or or regrets full in a negative way and really just trying to use it to navigate better in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: What's next for you, Sarah? In life?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to get my master's degree and so I'm excited for that. I'm going to stop working in my field and go and get my master's degree, and so I'm excited for that. As far as relationships goes, I think I'm gonna not be a relationship for a while here and just enjoy being single.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, being in a I mean this sounds like, Okay, so you're twenty six, so this was from nineteen to twenty six, these seven years. I really look at those, you know, that feels like that time period there's a lot of self discovery going on there that feels like it's hard to really dig your teeth into if you're dating somebody, and now that you're single, you you can sink your teeth into a lot of that self discovery that you you might have skipped over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely agree, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: I don't get thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, of course, have a good night, sir, you too. Hello is this Tyler? This is what's going on with you? Tyler?
Speaker 4: Uh? You know, just chilling?
Speaker 1: What's what's chilling? Talking to you? What do you do when you're chilling?
Speaker 4: Lank down, relaxed?
Speaker 1: Tyler from North Carolina. It says here that you have epilepsy and that when you were younger, used to intentionally give yourself seizures to get out of school.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, that started in like sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Okay, how does one intentionally give themselves a seizure?
Speaker 5: Do you? Like?
Speaker 1: Do you go on YouTube and search for like flashing light videos and shit?
Speaker 4: So I'm actually kind of glad that you brought that up, because there's a lot of different types of ways you can get seizures through epilepsy. A common way is through flashing lights. But for me, it was a sleep and along with not taking my medicine. So what I would do is I would like kind of pick out a day that I didn't want to go to school. So like there's a test on Friday, I don't want to go to school on Friday. I would just not take my medicine on Wednesday and Thursday and then on Friday, I would have it easier and I'd get out of the test and I'd be like, all right, that's cool. Just don't have to do it today. I can just do it Monday in study on Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: That's pretty Uh, it's pretty five head moves. Yeah, yeah, So was this a sustainable practice for you? Did this ever? Like fire back at you? Anyhow?
Speaker 4: It ticks me and the H gives me in the butt coming up in high school because I have to go live with six months without having a seizure in order to get cleared primary doctor for Hriver's license. So I didn't get my learners from it until I was seventeen, and then did to get my driver's license until I think it's like six or eight months after turning eighteen. Mmmm.
Speaker 1: So you couldn't use the yeah, the old seizure trick to uh have a Tyler Buehler's day off for six months.
Speaker 4: No, No, however, I would just I would just say that I had I was having a reaction to my medicine. And then and then they kind of say that I, uh was lying because they didn't know if I was lying or not, and then they couldn't like say that I had to wait another six months because I wasn't like actually having fear. It was just a reaction to medicine.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Can I ask you this, Tyler? Why, yeah, did you intentionally give yourself a seizure to get out of class? Could you not have just I mean, I assume like, Okay, you didn't take your medicine and you stayed away because you like timed a seizure so that your mom would see you having a seizure and go, oh, Tyler, you can't go to school today because you're seasoned up. Why did did if you were gonna do all that, why wouldn't you have just faked having a seizure? Why did you give yourself a real one?
Speaker 4: Well, it turned out as being real seizures. And then I figured out that I could just say that I had a seizure, you know, up in my room, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like, if you're going to use the epilepsy thing to get out of going to school, it, yeah, you could just say you could just fake it instead of actually trying to give yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could just I coul sake it. And I think I fake for like three years, and that really backfrighte on me.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about how you I think that it.
Speaker 4: Was still acknowledged. Yeah, it was still acknowledges like being a real seizure. So medicine was adjusted and increased, and I started taking into my high doses doses of like medicine and I would actually have bad reactions to it, so then they had to lower it. And then yeah, so now I'm taking like this insane like cocktail medicine. It's not the best and I probably don't have to take that much. But because of what I did, that's now what I it's what assumed is what I have to take.
Speaker 1: That's wild man. So you were lying about having seizures, and so your doctors upped your medicine dosage, and so instead of coming clean about lying, you just straight took the higher dosage.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's it's like, it's not even joking. I think it's over your two thousand miligrams in the evening and someone seen one hundred and fifty miligrams in the morning.
Speaker 1: And do you still take that high of a dosage to this day, Yes, yes, still to this day has something as it has Okay, because it sounds like you were you were faking these seizures like a while ago. It says you're twenty now, when you were doing this in sixth grade, did your body just like adjust to the higher dosage and now you genuinely do need a higher dosage?
Speaker 4: Probably, I mean likely that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Did you ever tell your doctor like, hey, I was just kidding about those seizures? You know, what, what do we do here with the medicine?
Speaker 4: I mean, my parents were in the room during the exam orything, so I've been too afraid to say anything about it because they don't know about this.
Speaker 1: But Tyler, you're Tyler, You're twenty years old right now. Why don't you go to the doctor and sid, Hey, listen, this is a little fucked up, But I well faked a whole bunch of seizures when I was younger, and so my doctor put me on this medicine and I need you to help me correct all of this stuff I've gotten myself into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so due to due to COVID, I haven't seen him since two years ago.
Speaker 1: So you've just been taking this higher dosage two years that has decided upon you based on you faking seizures to get out of a test while you were in middle school. Yes, Tyler, you should go to the door. Tyler should go to the doctor.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, doctor. If it's already been addressed that if, if if the medicine were to be decreased to a much lower amount, or to be taken off at all, then I'd have to be hospitalized and monitored for two weeks to see the effects of how that would affect me and majorly affect my job.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so you could go to take a lower dose, but you would have to be in the hospital monitored to see how it would go. And you don't want to deal.
Speaker 4: With that, yes, And and that would affect my job majorly because if I do have a seizure in that time, then I cannot drive for six months.
Speaker 1: What was this test?
Speaker 4: It dud? It was It was a history test.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I didn't just take the test.
Speaker 2: It's not worth it.
Speaker 1: What do you what do you Is your job involved driving?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I'm a technician. I work on cars every day.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well do you know the what are the like like this higher dosage? Is it negatively affecting you in any way. Has your doctor told you that's bad for you?
Speaker 4: Have you not negatively affecting me? It's not negatively affecting me at all. It's just brought up that it's a little higher than normal. But if it don't affect me, then it's not a concern.
Speaker 1: Dude, before okay, but before you commit to okay, but even without even committing to, we're gonna do the lower dosage and we're gonna put you in the hospital and monitor without even committing to all that, can you go to a doctor and be like, hey, here's this whole situation. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Easily? Absolutely, then do that at least, Yeah, yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you had a seizure?
Speaker 4: Can that's a good question, like actually had a seizure?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not just like bullshit at the seizure. Okay, probably like twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you bullshitted a seizure?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Tell her how often are you faking seizure?
Speaker 4: Too often? Definitely too often?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 1: What did you fake the seizure? Four and twenty two?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I faked it to get out of a final exam. Mhmm.
Speaker 1: If you have you ever been pulled over by a cop and you've faked a seizure to get out of a parking ticket or or traffic violation, over is no no no.
Speaker 4: However, however, I was pulled over for going over one hundred miles an hour and that got reduced down to sixteen over. I'm sorry, fourteen over.
Speaker 1: Listen, Tyler, Here's here's what I say. First of all, you need to go to the doctor.
Speaker 4: Tell a fun story.
Speaker 1: To go to the doctor and tell him, tell him all this ship. You don't have to commit to being hospitalized and doing all this stuff that's gonna in fear with your life. But at least go to the doctor and tell him what's going on. Unto listen. Yeah, if you're gonna fake seizures to get out of doing things so you don't want to do, be selective about it. You know, pick really like, you know, a a draft for the war, ah, a blind date, ah, you know, just pick pick wisely what you're gonna fake your seat because you can't. You can't be the boy that cried seizure. You could only do this a couple times a year. Oh yeah, you shouldn't do it at all. But if you're going to do it, then you know, pick pick pick wisely.
Speaker 4: What would you like to hear a funny real feizure story.
Speaker 1: I kind of would like to hear a funny real seizure story.
Speaker 4: All right. So this happened in a walmart, because that's where all good things happen. Mm hmm. I was just, you know, browsing the game selection, as any teenager would do that is, has no money, and I am looking at all the Xbox games and PlayStation games, and then I go into it, you know, fall on the ground. Muscles are quenched, and I'm seizing, and my eyes are into the back of my head, and I'm quenching my jaw hard enough that I.
Speaker 5: Like break the my uh the.
Speaker 4: Skin on my cheeks, and I start to bleed from my mouth. My sister comes around and sees me, and as she comes around, a lady comes around too, because she hears me trying to swallow my tongue, and so my sister's trying to deal with me, and the lady sees me on the ground, muscles quenched, eyes, back of my head pale as a ghost, blood coming from my mouth, just pulls out a bible and starts praying, trying to get this demon out of me. And I know that's what she was doing, because when I came out of that seizure, I just heard her screaming, just oh Lord, just get this demon out of this child. And and I'm just like, I don't know what's going on. When I want to go home, and I get home, I take a nap, and when I wake up, I immediately realized this lady was praying for me to be resurrected or have some demon come out of me, because she saw blood coming out of my mouth and my eyes rolled back into my head, and I probably scarred this old lady. I felt so bad for her.
Speaker 1: She felt boy, you felt you felt this lady lady saw you.
Speaker 4: A bible, she saw me, she pulled out a bible. I felt bad for because I'm pretty sure I scarter.
Speaker 1: But you, Tyler, what do you mean you felt bad for? You? Having a seizure was not an act of aggression against this lady.
Speaker 4: I mean, I it's it's a poor lady. You know you're experiencing like watching someone have a seizure, Like I haven't even seen someone have a seizure, and I have them all the time, you know, And.
Speaker 1: That is a pretty wild way to think.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You're writhing on the ground having a seizure and you feel that's a that's a dangerous amount of empathy to have that you're writhing on the ground having a seizure, and you feel bad that you put other people through the experience of having to watch you have a seizure. You know, maybe uh, you know, by the way, by the way, before we go, I do want you actually did a good thing for that lady. I think because the fact that she was carrying around a Bible at a Walmart she was dying, she was, and the fact that she didn't even like wade a beat. She just immediately pulled it out and started praying. She had been waiting for that moment her entire life to exercise a demon out of a person, and you gave that to her. So I would reframe it like that. If you're, you know, feeling as though you wronged this lady, you gave her an opportunity to live out her her wild fantasies of exercising a person by the Xbox games at a Walmart. So good on you, Tyler. Stop faking seizures. Go to a doctor, and thank you very much for calling and sharing.
Speaker 4: Yep, absolutely take care of him. You do.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, how are you good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a get go on the computer. How are you doing? John? Tell me everything? Tell me nothing?
Speaker 5: All right? Yeah? You know, in high school, I went to a high school and it was a big high school, thousands of kids. I didn't know anybody. Eventually, I don't know, the self help stuff actually works for me at that time, and I had.
Speaker 4: A good game.
Speaker 5: But then I see I went to move to Vegas, Okay for work. I've been working music festivals, traveling music festivals, and that's why I started making good money at the same time. But in Vegas, all the women, let's just say, have a higher level of standard than what you could do very successfully in high school. And yeah, so I haven't had luck in a couple of years and that kind of has led me to bling lots of money with woods surpers and it's not that bad, but yeah, I mean the worst part is like I'm just bitter with lots of women that I've tried all kinds of things, and yeah, I thought maybe talking to a gecko could help me figure it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into this. So you said that you were in Los Angeles and you you are, you're a self proclaimed ladies man of of that area, and then you moved to Vegas and then you you started having trouble with your your romantic life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I wasn't like part I wasn't like chiller ladies man, but it was it was a lot of success, but like, yeah, it was the world's greatest Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let me ask you this, what do you what's your thing? Are you trying to get into a relationship with someone? Are you just trying to have as much sex with as much people that you're attracted to as possible? What's what's the deal here? What's what's your objective.
Speaker 5: Currently? Relationship with the really?
Speaker 1: Really? Okay, so you're not just trying to have as much sex as you can, you're looking for a relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean two years ago, that's how it was. But after not having any sex, it's like, you know what, maybe we should change the goal.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, why do you feel like, uh you already? Where are you now. Are you in La? Are you in Vegas?
Speaker 5: I'm in La now again.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if your main th thing is that you want a relationship, what do you think is compelling you to spend all this money on strippers?
Speaker 5: Uh, it's not like it's a majority likes of my money. Like I make a decent amount that there's enough left over to still have fun. But it's like the reason I'm doing it is I don't know, even the fake interest, it's it's nice, I guess just having somebody you know, even pretend to be interested in you. They're pretty damn convincing at it. So yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So you you like the uh the I guess they call it the girlfriend experience right where they pretend to be genuinely interested in you.
Speaker 5: It's like a fifty fifty percent of the time it's the golf and experience and you have to tix percent of the time. I really like to smack that cheeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Well what do you do to make efforts to meet people?
Speaker 7: I'm in the munic festival in events industry, so I mean I I invite people out, so when I yeah, if I always take care of my friends, any acquaintances, you know, by dinner, buy drinks, just try to chat people up, just nice, normal conversations.
Speaker 5: Try to listen more than I talk. All this stuff, but it's you know, we get a lot of friendly attention, but that's kind of all it is. There's a bunch of acquaintances.
Speaker 1: And yeah, have you ever been in a committed relationship before?
Speaker 5: I've had two good committed relationships that last about two two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you meet those people.
Speaker 5: Through school at that time, like from high school and people who recently graduated.
Speaker 1: You know, man, I'll tell you this much at least, is that I feel like, and this is a conventional thing I've heard a lot of people say, especially in the dating realm. The more you chase after this thing of like I really want a girlfriend and you you know, every time you go out on the town or or you're in a group of people or whatever you're you're fixated on it, the more it tends to just like run your fucking life, you know, in like a bad way. Do you do you empathize with that at all?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 1: Do you feel that?
Speaker 5: Honestly? I feel like that's how I was maybe like two years ago, but then it kind of flipped to the total other side, where like I feel like even the regular friendly level of confidence and just chatting stuff up is like gone. And that's when like eventually that also became I don't know, like bitterness. That's so it's like now I don't even want to talk to women like just I don't like, I don't even want to look at them.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me about this bitterness.
Speaker 4: What does that?
Speaker 1: Well tell me what does this bitterness look like? What does it feel like?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: How do you mean bitter?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good question. Okay, So recently I've been really blaming my my luck or lack of game however you want to say it to like hype, and I'm only five seven, and you know, I've tried all kinds of things and it worked before. But it just feels like my friends that are taller literally have women chasing after them. Sure, I have a friend who's women like they will try to shove themselves into his uber as he's leaving the boar and they have to like push him away. I'm not thinking it's only height, but everybody at you know that's taller, it always has more success. But that's also that's a major point of why like bitter.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have I have thoughts on that, but is there is there anything else?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 5: I guess that's the biggest point.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're feeling bitter and upset about your heights.
Speaker 5: That's one way to summarize it.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I and I and let me tell you something. I am five six, I am an inch shorter than you and I dude, when I was in college, man, I had I was definitely had. Uh some time where I was I was fixed on my height as well. And now I don't give a shit. And the way I feel like I really got there was this realization that like, dude, you know and I can. I can hear it from you that like, you're comparing yourself to your friends, You're comparing yourself to people who are taller than you. You're seeing guys who are taller, you know, have you know more women interested in them? And uh, like you can do that. You know, you can compare yourself to people who are taller than you or better look at you or any of that stuff, or you can just really look at the cards that you have been dealt in your life and go, what can I make of these? That's what I'm always thinking about because some people because sure, yeah, you have friends who are taller than you, but there's people out there, you know, there's guys out there who are five to two. There's guys out there who have, you know, no natural social skill or they have, you know, whatever mental blocks that are going on that you know, stop them from even leaving their house or from talking to people. You know, there's always going to be people who were dealt cards that were a little bit better than yours. There's all these gonna be people who dealt cards that are way worse than you that you're better off than. And that's just a fucking inevitability, and you you go, you got to learn to accept that because it'll make you feel a lot better about where you are. You gain absolutely nothing from thinking about, oh, how great would it be if I were taller, if I were you know, more like this or whatever. You just you gain nothing from fixating on that. Instead, think about all the things that you do have and really lean into being grateful for those. And if they're not directly into your face, you have to take a second to look at yourself and find them you know you were talking about earlier. You're good at, you know, taking care of your friends. You're good at conversation. You're good at these things that I'm sure other guys struggle with. I'm sure you have a lot of things to yourself that maybe some people have better. Maybe some people are better at talking to other people than you are, but some people are worse. And so you got to really take your inventory and be grateful for whatever your strengths are and lean into those strengths and not beat the shit out of yourself for your perceived weaknesses. It's a really important thing to do in this in this arena of life. Tell me what you think about that first.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, it really, I mean it makes sense, and it's just like, you know, I feel like I made that realization and did work on my strengths a couple of years to go. And it's like a sad thing to just you know, feel like that and that left. But I have to realize, you know, that didn't leave, and start running with the strengths again and ignoring the things and not I don't know, putting excuses to what. I guess. It's yeah, it's harder to take in than it bounced. But I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 1: You go, you really got to deprogram yourself from the gut instinct to compare yourself to other people. It's really important because if you don't do that, you just you'll just never be comfortable. And if you're not comfortable, then when you're in these social situations, you just you just gotta feel all this pain because you're not comfortable with yourself. And you know what another thing is is this is a net because even dude, even if you do go out on one night and you meet a girl who likes you and you know, whatever things work out, well, it's you're it's still and if that happens, it's you still are not have you still don't have a sustainable solution to your problem, you know what I mean? Because now, if a girl does like you and that gives you a lot of confidence, the confidence that you have is linked then to an external thing. And so if that girl, you know, for whatever reason, decides when that she doesn't like you, then then then you're fucked because you had your confidence not from this internal place that you really brought out, but in you know, someone else's external validation. So you have to do this work no matter what. If you want to get to a good place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to build that solid foundation otherwise, if it doesn't break now, break later.
Speaker 1: Yeah of course you'll just just you'll just be happier.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, LA just feel that's such a vain place. But I guess there's always other excuses to make. But the end of the day, just got to stop with the comparisons, bring the validation inside, and just move on.
Speaker 1: Tell me anything else about this this bitterness? Does it come from anything besides just height?
Speaker 5: Like I don't know how to pinpoint it, but you know, like like seeing the comparisons with the friends that or even my brother, Like I have had women offer to paint my brother to have sex with him. Okay, yeah, and like he's he's you know, he's my own brothers, so we can't be that different. But he's like six three or whatever. It looks a little bit like more blondie and blue eyes and shit like that. So I don't feel better against him. But it's like, damn, dude, I know how to talk. He was very shy. He'll just like fuck up the conversation, won't even be able to start it. And so I don't know, It's just I guess just feels like I'm just keep fishing for reasons to be bitter and be like, you know, why don't we have a small percentage of dudes get all this and then everybody else, you know, feels like shorter in the stick. And then I've been trying to avoid Reddit. But at the same time, you also hear like so many stories about cheating, cheating or like bad divorces, and that's like, Okay, do I even want to try to work on my strong points and get back into this relationship game? Because let's say, even if I do, is it gonna burnt his ship? Like you know, the negative stories that you can see.
Speaker 1: Sure, do I teally understand all that. I totally understand, you know, being jealous of other peace people, feeling pessimistic about whatever, you know, your your perceived state of of whatever, whatever your perceptions of other people are. But try if you can and really understand that this is the only way to do it. And dear God, take this from me. I'm five six and I'm fat, and I feel pretty decently about myself in this whole thing.
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: The really the only work is to just look at yourself and try to find things to be grateful for in your life and what strengths you do have, and just stop deprogram yourself from comparing yourself to other people and just find the innate things to like about yourself on your own and life will get much better from there. And it's a way, and like I've said this, sorry, but I'm going to say it again because it's an important thing. With all this, that's the only way to really do it because any other thing, like if you, like I said, if you go out and you meet someone and you're like, oh, you know that you get this validation from another person, that's not sustainable. You have to do this work no matter what. If you want to just feel better and not be so better.
Speaker 5: Like trying to. I don't know. It's like telling yourself that you should be valued and being grateful. You do that just because like or how do you? I don't know. It's like a weird thing, like why should I value myself or the skills that I have? You know, the pessimistic part there, So I don't know. It's definitely overthinking.
Speaker 1: Why should you because you're because you're committed to doing what you can with what you have, you know, and and I know, like this pessimism optimism thing, it's ultimately a choice and if you want to, you know you can if you listen, man, if you want to, you can steal in the bitterness, and you can steal in pessimism, and you can marinate in the feelings of jealousy towards your brother and towards other people. But you don't have to. There's a much better solution. And I am extending my hand out to you right now to choose to be optimistic if you desire.
Speaker 5: You know, honestly, that kind of makes sense, like not thinking about it too much, just taking it as a choice, and you can just be optimistic pessimistic and why run with the bad one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you How do you feel about what we have discussed ultimately before we go?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it really helps good. Yeah, I mean, I think there are a lot of good lessons in there. And then at the end, like not overthinking it and just some of the important mental health decisions are just like an arbitrary choice and you could just take the good one. Mm.
Speaker 1: Just please just recognize when you're comparing yourself to other people and I do that too. You. I think I think everybody does. I think everybody compares to those of other people. And you just need to train yourself to really take in that it's not productive to do and that it's it's uh, it's it's like almost almost blasphemous toward the toward whatever gifts you have been given in this world, whatever you do have. You know these things you were telling me about about how you are good at going on, you're good at talking to people, you know, whatever it is you do have, it's neglectful of that, and and that's that's not good. You should be embracing the things that you do have instead of going out and comparing yourself to other people and looking at the things that you don't. I used to be fixed, dude. I used to be fixated on my height and my weight way more than I am now. And all the shit that I'm telling you is how I got over that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it makes sense and it genuinely helps. And I'm just gonna gotta remember this and I don't change and just be better because you can't, like, yeah, accept what it is.
Speaker 1: Go with the strength, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Thank you, John.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you want to say to the people the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: I hope if you guys are going through similar things, you can also take this advice and you know, run with the better parts of yourself, because why not.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, bye again John Forever, See you later.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello.
Speaker 1: Brandon twenty six from Texas.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: GEK not a whole lot. I need new answers to that question because I get asked it a lot, and I understand why. It's a pretty common thing to ask a person. Somebody says, hey, how are you? You say I'm good, how are you? And then I say I'm good? But I need different responses. I feel like I always say the same thing. I say, I'm a guy, go on the computer, I'm doing good. And even this, what I'm saying right now that I need new responses is one of my old responses. This, as I'm talking about it is an old response that I've used many times. And then next time I'm talking about this, it's gonna get you. It's gonna get meta. So I'm gonna be talking about how every time someone asks me how I am, I say I need new responses, and then me saying I need new responses and then me saying that I'm saying that I need new responses. It has become old anyway. I don't know if that gave you an indicator of how I'm doing. But enough about me. How are you, Brandon? Tell me everything? Tell me nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going pretty great now that I got on the lines. I was kind of on the hold for a little bit, making me nervous. But now that you answered, I'm like a little bit nervous, but pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, Brandon. It says here that a velociraptor came out of a portal and into your room when you were a child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: I I kind of.
Speaker 2: Took my girlfriend's story on that this actually happened to my girlfriend, And when she told me, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa what wait wait wait, okay, so that just didn't even happen to you. This happened to your girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this happened to my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Well, Brandon, she is she with you?
Speaker 2: No, she's not with me. She's at home right now watching this.
Speaker 8: Call her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, call her on the phone. I don't want to talk to you, I want to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Well, I have a pretty good idea of what happened to the story if you still want to talk to.
Speaker 1: Me, I I guess. But it's not the story itself. It's it's the the emotions behind it. It's it's I don't you know, really want to interview you about somebody else's story. H give her a call because call her now, eder in Coller right now, Yeah, call her right now, Edran, all right, we'll do all right. We are on hold while Brandon, who is a dirty, dirty liar, calls his girlfriend so that we can ask her why she continues to stay with a person who calls into online Gecko shows and lies about stories that are not his own. No, I'm giving Brandon too much shit because it's fun to be It's fun to be upset. Brandon, Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And my girlfriend's on the line.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hillo, Hi there, what is your name?
Speaker 4: I'm Sarah, Sarah.
Speaker 1: I heard from your boyfriend that when you were younger, if alas a raptor came out of a portal and into your room.
Speaker 8: It did, and I remember it like it was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I want to talk to you about it, but before we do, Before we do, I just want you to know that your boyfriend lied to me and told me that it was his story, and I want to know how you feel about that before we hear the story. I wonder how you feel about him lying.
Speaker 8: I'm not too mad about it, like he knew I don't really know streaming times, so these little sneaky snakes sometimes, but he had good intentions.
Speaker 1: Well that was the wrong answer. I want you to be very, very mad at him. I want you to be act. We had to act cordial towards him for the rest of this call, but when we're done with this, you need to yell at him.
Speaker 8: But I won't pack it much tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Just for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did this what happened with this philosopher Raptor?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So I was probably five and I was just sitting in bed. It was like midday. I was fully awake, and all of a sudden, this circle portal like opens right next to.
Speaker 4: My bed.
Speaker 6: And I see a dinosaur head avelotso wrapped your head look in my bedroom like it was surprised, like, oh, I'm not supposed to be here right now, and I just stare at it.
Speaker 8: Really scared because you know, you hear well, people might break into your house. That's scary. Nobody worries you about what happens when a dinosaur shows up in your house. Nope, And it just kind of looked at me and then went right back in and said, I kind of have like the screech that I can do that my mom is really scared of, and I haven't heard anybody else.
Speaker 5: Be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Wait, so this is.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: This velociraptor not only visited upon you, but it dropped a gift of its screech into your lungs it did.
Speaker 2: Would you like to hear it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course, you know. I don't know what a velociraptor screech sounds like, but that sounds like sounds like it? Is that.
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Brandon?
Speaker 8: You do what You're the only person I've ever told about this, So I'm happy.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I need to do it.
Speaker 1: I like hers better.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Interesting you've only told Brandon about Why have you only told Brandon about this? Is this something that you're ashamed of? Capacity?
Speaker 8: Well, my sisters knows I can do the streets, but she doesn't really know where it came from. And of course, like I ran into my mom's room to tell her what happened, and she's just saying, oh, well, children have active vaccinations. You were just dreaming, But I was not. I was fully awake. But when I told her in in this he said, well, maybe it was an alien visiting you. And that had me thinking, because I'm very open minded as a person, like it very well could have been an extraterrestrial being just messing up where they were supposed to go and just being like okay, sorry and leaving.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that that's really what it could have been in it and it wasn't just some kind of nightmare that you had.
Speaker 8: Honestly, Yeah, Because I could barely even sleep most of my life, and when I do sleep at least laid out very deep sleeper, I would have remembered that. And it was the middle of the day. I was playing around and I say, could break to lay.
Speaker 1: Down, sir. This was in the middle of the day. Yes, Oh, that makes it like probably that weirdly makes it more scary to me than if it was in the middle. That's one of those rare things. Uh, To this day, have you have you had any experiences with dinosaurs coming into your house? Since?
Speaker 7: Not at all?
Speaker 8: And it kind of makes me fad. I kind of wish, and I'll see it as an adult, just to know for sure, and hopefully like Brandon or someone will be there with me.
Speaker 6: So I have proofs.
Speaker 1: You should do some d MT. I've never done it, nor do I know anything about it, not even enough to tell you that you should do it, but it sounds like you might see dinosaurs if you do, I.
Speaker 8: Would love that.
Speaker 1: Well, what is your name again, I'm Sarah. Sarah. So there's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before you go.
Speaker 8: I hope you guys have a great night.
Speaker 1: Believe in dinosaurs, Brandon's anything you want to say, maybe in the form of an apology.
Speaker 2: People of the Computer, I am not sorry for lying. I got on the GET and that was the best experience in my life, so I am not ashamed of it.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you guys soon. Rebecon goes on the line thinking your own calls every night, every beacon goes to I'm just teaching you aloud. Your lives not friendly.