Speaker 1: Who's getting that donky, that donkey that don't don't don't don't donky other.
Speaker 2: Day right here.
Speaker 3: To the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Bitch, you can call me the donkey of the day, but like I mean no harm.
Speaker 1: You know, donkey today for Tuesday, August twenty if it goes to a woman from Minnesota named Veronica Gas. Now, if you know anything about your uncle Charlotte, and you know I got a few screws loose.
Speaker 3: You also know that, yes, shut up.
Speaker 1: You also know that I'm a big proponent of doing everything I have to do in order to get those screws tightened. Okay, I'm a huge mental health advocate. Yes, I encourage people, especially black men, to go to therapy. Are just to get on some type of healing journey.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: One form of therapy that is great for those of us in relationships is couple's therapy. Dropping the clues bombs for couples therapy. Okay, what is couple's therapy exactly?
Speaker 3: It's simple.
Speaker 1: Couple therapy is a form of psychotherapy that can help you and your partner improve your relationship. All right, if you are having relationship difficulties, you can see couples therapy to help you build your relationship. Psychologists say couples therapy you can address a wide range of relationship issues and including recurring conflicts, feelings of disconnection, and a fair issues related.
Speaker 3: To sex are just difficulties do to stress. Okay.
Speaker 1: If you and your partner are going through a rough patch, couple's therapy can help you work on your relationship. Your therapist can help you express your feelings, discuss issues with your partner, and resolve conflicts.
Speaker 3: All right. Couples therapy is good, all right.
Speaker 1: It can help increased understanding and respect, affection and intimacy between you and your.
Speaker 3: Partner, which can help you be happier together.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this for those who don't know, because a lot of times we hear the phrase couple's therapy but don't know what it is. Okay, It's more than just you and your significant other getting up and going to see the lady.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: They also got the same types of couple's therapy that you can get in one on one sessions like CBT, right, cognitive behavioral therapy, emotionally focused therapy. So I'm all for it, Okay. I believe that it can be a major key to a healthy relationship. Hell, as I talk, I'm like, shoot, why not go do a couple sessions with the wife my damn self, Not because anything is wrong, but because we want everything to keep going right. Okay, It's like, don't wait until the doctor that you're sick to change your diet. Don't wait until you look down and can no longer see your penis to start working out.
Speaker 3: Let's do preventive maintenance now.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, because you know you might get to a point where it's a little too late. Now, this happens in real life. You stop drinking when your living is already done. Some people are obese, and you know they have the massive heart attack and died too late to start eating, eating right and exercise and then and that's what I feel happened in the case of Veronica Gas. Okay, see Veronica and our boyfriend. They were off to see the wizard. By wizard, I mean therapists. Okay, they were on the way the couple's therapy, and they had an argument that morning. And I'm gonna tell you right now, I'm about to gas. Like you, this is another example of why women are the problem. See this man wanted to go see the lady with his woman, Veronica. He was trying to make it work. She's arguing with him in the morning. They are on the way to go see the wizard. They are on the way to couple's therapy. I'm not making this up. They're on the way to see the wizard. Veronica stops in the middle of the lane and forced her boyfriend to exit the car because she decided right there and there, she didn't even want to go see the lady. She just wanted to break up with him, so he did as asked.
Speaker 3: He got out the car.
Speaker 1: And when he got out the car and passed the front of the car to walk to the sidewalk, the pair made eye contact.
Speaker 3: So guess what she decided to do.
Speaker 1: Hit him, Hit the damn gas, hit the gas, and then hit him.
Speaker 4: Came.
Speaker 1: They was just arguing and she decided she wanted to break up, so she asked him to get out the car, so.
Speaker 3: He got out the car.
Speaker 5: The argument stand from somewhere though.
Speaker 3: See victim blaming. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: To journalists trying to get to the bottom of it all I.
Speaker 3: Hear is victim blaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, the man rolled over the hood of the car and shattered the window.
Speaker 3: And then hold on, it gets worse.
Speaker 5: He better pay for it.
Speaker 3: Veronica lies the police and tells.
Speaker 1: Police she didn't see her boyfriend, but then eventually admitted to police that she hit.
Speaker 3: Him on purpose. Damn, mind you, they only been together for a year. They were shacking up. That's right. Now, you got your mouth open. Now you're on the man.
Speaker 6: I can't believe that you said only a year. That's twelve months of her life.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 5: He tried to take the best years of her thirties.
Speaker 1: They were shacking up, living together for a year, and they already in therapy, and she already tried to kill him. Now she facing second degree assault, criminal vehicular operation, bodily harm, gross negligence, and domestic assault.
Speaker 3: All that for a year relationship.
Speaker 1: I mean, damn, is that even enough time to really ruin a woman's pH balance? Now, I'm not the highest grade of weed in the dispensary, but I've been around long enough to know that Ayanla couldn't fix this life. Okay, this man was in a relationship with a toxic crusader. Okay, if y'all in therapy. She tried to kill you already and it's only been a year, then you shouldn't be going to therapy. You should be packing your stuff up and going home, or if she's living with you, send her home.
Speaker 3: Either way, y'all shouldn't be living with each.
Speaker 1: Other because if you're in a relationship and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself.
Speaker 3: Are you dating a human? Are an onion?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now I'm gonna close with this. Couple's therapy won't work if you haven't addressed your individual issues. Sometimes individual issues can overshadow relationship problems. Okay, unresolved trauma, personal mental health issues, addiction, you know, daddy issues, mommy issues. They can and will have a huge impact on a partnership, and couple's therapy will be less effective if these underlying issues are not addressed. The reason couple's therapy wouldn't have worked for Veronica and her Man is simple. It's because Veronica actually needed an exorcism. Please give Veronica gas the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 4: You won't oh the day, Oh the day, Ye.
Speaker 3: Poor poor poor man.
Speaker 2: Now you feel bad for him after you said, what did he do?
Speaker 6: After he got hit by a car for you to kate, No, I feel bad for him because he got paid for that one shield? Wowe, because why are they arguing?
Speaker 5: See who was arguing about?
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter he got she ran him over with a car, clearly something she did.
Speaker 5: How do you know that though? How can you just imply.
Speaker 4: That you know?
Speaker 2: If there's a guy listening right now and they were think about kicking it to you, they have to think. Damn, I wonder if Lauren would hit.
Speaker 3: Me with a car and I might want to be in a relationship with that.
Speaker 6: You want everything about me to get she would? Don't play with her? Because why to get that mad? You hit somebody with a car? What were they arguing about? He had to have a baby on the way?
Speaker 3: All right? I want to play a game. Yes, let's play a game up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: What racing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: A woman from Minnesota from.
Speaker 1: A town called Ottertail Ottertail Okay, She was arrested after she struck her boyfriend with her car while the pair was on their way to couple's therapy.
Speaker 3: Dj MVY guess what races?
Speaker 2: It's a tough one. The reason I'm thinking it's tough because Lauren said, this is what she would do.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that. I just feel for my sins.
Speaker 2: But she's from Delaware.
Speaker 3: She's from Delaware. Always keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: When Delaware address whoa white white Laura and l Rossa, a woman was arrested Veronica after she struck her boyfriend with her car water pairs on.
Speaker 3: Their way to couple's therapy. Laura Lrosa guess what right she is?
Speaker 6: At first I was thinking maybe she's Puerto Rican white Puerto Rican.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It just seemed a bit like she reacted really fascially extensively, like you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, like glad to know about perto Ricans.
Speaker 6: From the in the Bronx, she's an ottertail Minnesota, you said, yes, I stayed there as a flight attendant.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like not ottertail, but in Minnesota. I feel like she could be a sister, just maybe a.
Speaker 2: Little like light skin. Why light skin?
Speaker 3: She say, what's on your mind? Lauren, don't stut a goat like this?
Speaker 6: She caught her feelings, real fasting feelings, just light skin like this that's so long and.
Speaker 5: Feelings to because he toxic. He went trolling me in.
Speaker 1: The comments, me and you against the light skin, which is you.
Speaker 5: Don't feel like there's an emotional difference between.
Speaker 2: The two of y'all know, I just get called that on mine.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well I'm just you know that's how I feel.
Speaker 3: You think the light skin black.
Speaker 2: Wow, the light skin black.
Speaker 3: We need to drink.
Speaker 2: You just threw something that just can't be black. Light skin black, light skin. Yeah, we need to we need.
Speaker 5: I just lynched, like.
Speaker 3: Listen, one of you was correct, when of you was wrong? Dj n B. You are absolutely positively correct.
Speaker 2: She's the light skin cousin, not skin.
Speaker 1: She's white lord waiting people this morning.
Speaker 3: Go stop man, hurt you.
Speaker 6: I don't even deal with like skinning from I had like point five of them. Y'all be doing too much skin man hurt too. I had like a point a point five of a light skin man.
Speaker 5: It was too much. My light skin. Guy's got to act dark skin lorn.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to hear him, say no more, you stand on that. Damn it.
Speaker 2: I witch shout to my light skin brothers out there. I don't know what she did, yo, envy yo.
Speaker 5: At the car show, I walked up on envy to say bye. He had.
Speaker 6: It was like a crusade. It was like thirty dominic kid like, I'm like, yo, don't mind as well. I had merch in here like it was a p It was crazy. They were all taking one picture.
Speaker 3: There was not pack a p P.
Speaker 1: There was no ten it's a Brigada base it with light skink.
Speaker 2: It was just black yo yellow tan claim. We have to break that. We had to go to therapy about because no men, you go therapy together.
Speaker 6: But why this time there was no d E I in that photo. Y'all needed some d E I like y'all needed a brown skin friend.
Speaker 2: Shoot black and black.
Speaker 6: Now, y'all don't don't you don't you because when they in my comments, you yeah, my under arms it'd be braided like bow wow hair.
Speaker 2: So this whole show is probably problematic. He said, light skinned man looked like pit bulls, and you saying you just don't watch.
Speaker 5: I didn't like them.
Speaker 3: And when a time coming, you're about to look like sugar cookies.
Speaker 5: I enjoy your warm sugar cookie.
Speaker 6: Don't what, Wendy, that's the best.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, just jump in please no, wait, wait when we come back. Eight hundred and five eighty five on.
Speaker 3: Why people look like sugar cookies.
Speaker 1: No, No Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull.
Speaker 3: You get the horns. Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club
Speaker 6: M