Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell everyone how Nick Wright is ingrid. The Jaguars were four and eight and somebody had the foresight to say, they're still winning the division. And I told you guys a month ago that the next time they lose was gonna be in arrowhead to the chief in the divisional round. Yo, you don't say everybody laughed at me. Hold on, guys, man, never a doubt. I gotta tell there's a little bit of doubt. The Prince comes through on Saturday, undefeated on Saturdays. I forgot about that, stupid take my head. Oh what a glorious evening that was welcome in episode I don't even know what episode. This is one eighteen of What's Right with Nick? Right typically we tell you what missed here. I don't even need to do that right now. We're gonna get right into the football before we even do that, Demons. If people want the last bit of media you and I did together the end of Friday's gambling show, we gave out in succession the following we gave out a Saturday exclusive teaser of the Niners and Jags cash. We gave out a sixty to one sixteen parlay that, thanks to the fraudulent Kirk Cousins, we didn't hit, but gave you five against the spread picks four and one on those. And we gave out the offer of JAG's money line Trevor over two hundred and forty eight passing yards and the Niners minus sixteen and a half. And if the Niners were up twenty four, the Seahawks scored, they went for two to try to ruin us. It didn't convert. That was eleven to one. So if you're stuck with us through, let's call it an up and down somewhat tumultuous gambling year week eighteen, we went eleven and three. This week we're already four and one, So that is we're fifteen and four in our last nineteen against the spread. Bets. I can do that math fifteen and five seventy five percent, so that's about seventy eight percent against the spread, if that's any good for you. We gave out an eleven to one winner, we gave out a teaser, and we came within a hair of being alive tonight vers sixty to one parlay. But none of it is possible without the Prince. So demanse get us started, my friend.
Speaker 3: So obviously a little bit of history was made on Saturday, So why don't you go ahead and tell us about it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So guys, be honest. You were watching that game and Trevor throws a pick. It's a batted ball, and Demons is sitting right there with me and I yelped. He said, oh no, and then he throws another pick, and then he throws another pick the second So let's go through them all. First pick, batted ball happens, second pick, he thought he was gonna get illegal contact, which there was, but I give the reps credit. They were just not calling stuff. At least they were insistent. But also fourth and seven, if that pick doesn't actually hurt you as long as they don't return it a long period of time hurt you as much as an incompletion would have that one, I'm not going to kill him on. The third pick was bad, the fourth pick was an unbelievable play and not good. So he's now He's started the game four for eighteen with four interceptions, as terribly as a game can start. And then the Jags punt returner had a ball bounce off his head. And from that moment forward, as is if you read any of your history books or fables or tales of a young royalty coming into the throne, they overcome impossible adversity against all odds to then shock the world and have their greatest triumph. And Trevor Lawrence did just that. From that that moment, down twenty seven to nothing against a team with multiple All Pro defenders, he played a perfect football game. The Jags. After being down twenty seven to nothing, they are down four or five possessions. They had five possessions left in the game. Trevor passing touchdown. Trevor passing touchdown, Trevor passing touchdown, Trevor passing touchdown plus a superman leap for two game winning field goal drive. Those are the five drives. And it's not just that it was a seventeen to nothing comeback or twenty seven nothing comeback. Pardon me. It was the first comeback like that in NFL history where the opposing team doesn't turn the ball over for them to do that without the Chargers fumbling a kickoff. When the Chiefs came back twenty four to nothing on the Texans, was a fumbled kickoff. There was a fake punt that was essentially a turnover, a lot of things. The Jags defense just stepped up, the Chargers offense fell apart, and Trevor kept answering the bell. He remains undefeated on Saturday, something everyone laughed at me about when I talked about it on TV. And then you know what, you saw it everywhere. Now you know it's obviously Chiefs Jags. Right? Did you see when that game is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 2: First game of the weekend, Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 3: Right, it makes me a little nervous, So you are nervous about it? Okna not be.
Speaker 2: Kent City hasn't hosted royalty since Princess died forty five years ago. I don't actually know if she came to I don't know if that actually happened.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little nervous, Okay, a little nervous just because it is you. You are now up against a top five quarterback coming off his greatest professional achievement. Now the Chiefs are rested in all of this, The Chiefs are What do you think you haven't looked at it yet. What do you think the line is?
Speaker 3: I mean it's obviously in arrowhead. Yeah. Uh, i'd say Chiefs minus seven.
Speaker 2: Eight and a half, eight and a half chiefs minus eight and a half is what I saw it at this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gave Shrevor too much credit?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I understand how. There's no way to give him too much credit, honest question. Though everyone now agrees with me, these top five quarterback, right, I'd believe folks gave me a hard time when I said he was top ten already. But I don't ever want to hear Justin Herbert's better. I just don't. I just don't want to hear it. And I think Herbert's very good. But another thing is and we'll talk Chargers in a second. After the muffed punt, you have the first and goal from the six, up twenty four to nothing, a chance for thirty one nothing and really kill it into the game. On third and goal, he has Keenan Allen wide open. He saales it over his head and from that moment forward, it was a Jaguars avalanche. And this is why pedigree matters. This is why a guy being the number one player in his high school class, the one of the greatest college performers ever matters because instead of turtling, instead of going into a shell after the worst half of football of his life, he had the confidence, the courage to keep being himself and to keep it is such a such a drastic difference from a guy like Kirk Cousins, who will talk about later, who has an opportunity against the defense that you've been carving up to drive down the field score a game tying touchdown and on fourth and eight checks the ball down because he doesn't have that well of experience of being great in the biggest possible moments like Trevor does. And it's just listen, the AFC quarterback picture is just impossibly good, but one before we get to the Chargers. Trevor Lawrence started the game four of sixteen, zero touchdowns, four picks, with a passer rating of zero point zero. He ended the game twenty four of thirty one, four touchdowns, zero picks, with a passer rating of one forty one. It simply does not get better than that. All right, I think we need to talk a little bit more about this game.
Speaker 3: Service, Sead. Do you think the Brandon Staley will stab his job by the time we're done with the show?
Speaker 2: So I don't think they're gonna fire him. Really, it's not in the Chargers history to fire him. It's not in the Chargers history. Everyone's like, oh, Sean Payton, the Chargers don't like paying coaches a lot of money. Fran Stalley makes like four million dollars a year. It's Sean Payton make twenty million dollars a year. What's up you a little twinkle in your eye like you want to say something.
Speaker 3: No, nothing, I was just just kind of thinking on something with what you were saying.
Speaker 2: And so do I think that's a fireable loss? Yes? Do I think that you saw in this game? And I'm gonna go on a little miniature analytics rant. Here you saw that this weekend fourth and one, everyone's going for it. The two point conversion that Doug Peterson went for, even with the penalty on Bosa, would have been unthinkable a few years ago. They went for it. The Chargers, on the other hand, did not play the style of football that made Brandon Staley, in my opinion, a very good coach. He allowed himself to be bullied by the media, and so I can go through it for you. The number of fourth down opportunities the Chargers had that they left on the table. The fourth and goal from the four inside the five yard line, second drive of the game, they kick a field goal. The fourth and goal from the five after the muffed punt, they kick a field goal. In the second half, when think the wheels are potentially starting to come off, you had an opportunity. Let me find it exactly what it was, the fourth and three at the twenty two it, by the way, in a spot where a field goal you're up ten. A field goal, even if you make it two touchdowns beaches Still they kicked the field goal, and at the end of the game, fourth and five at their own thirty they punt the ball away and never touch it again. So Staley totally turtled. On the other hand, Doug Peterson, go go, go, go go, not just the two point conversion, the fourth down early in the game that didn't work out, and the fourth down late in the game where instead of simply going for a quarterback sneak and trying to pick it up, he said, let's pop a big play, hits et in on the side, and that wins them the game. That wins them the football game. So if Staley is going to have any utility as a coach, he had to be the guy he was his first year, the most aggressive coach in the NFL. Instead, he went away from what got him there, what made him him, and now he's just another below average NFL head coach, just all he is. But I think they're gonna keep him all right next all.
Speaker 3: Right, rollercoaster Josh Allen and the Bills snuck out a three point win at home versus Skyler Thompson. Burrow and the Bengals didn't look look too much better, though, Yeah, as they were a tip pass away from getting the overtime versus Tyler Huntley. Uh huh. This is great news for the Chiefs do the Bills and the Bengals look like the sakiest teams left in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not gonna go to the shakiest teams left, but let's start with the Bengals, then we'll get to the Bills. That game going the way it did was so incredibly predictable, and listen, I said, I thought the Ravens could win the game out right right, and the Ravens outplayed. Give the Bengals credit. They the play the fourteen point swing. You can't overcome it, but the Ravens almost did overcome it. Even if if he just quarterback sneaks there and gets stuffed instead of leaping like a dope, even if they go for it on fourth down and don't get it, I believe the Ravens win the game because then it's seventeen to seventeen and the Bengals offense didn't was doing nothing, nothing, and you haven't backed them up the inch line. If they decide to kick the field goal there, I think they win it. The only way for them to lose that game was what happened on fumble, and the fumble returned for a touchdown, But the Bengals turnover luck in their postseasons over the last two years is unbelievable. Last year and four playoff games, they forced nine turnovers, committed two. Yesterday they forced two turnovers, committed one. One of those turnovers they returned for a touchdown. And Joe Mixon, who said they're the big dogs of the AFC, had a bad game. And but the Ravens defense deserves credit. Obviously, with better quarterback play, they win the game. But the Bengals survive in advance. But it was a costly victory because that offensive line got more banged up in the game. Their left tackle Joonah Williams, who hasn't been good this year, but he's still their starting left tackle, he ended up going out with injury. That is a very expensive win for the Cincinnati Bengals. Then we get to the Bills. That would have been one of the worst losses in NFL history, That would have been worse than the Chargers loss. Yeah, you're playing Skyler Thompson. He is shaky at best. The stars on the Dolphins are shaky at best as far as dropping passes, and Josh Allen by himself kept the Dolphins in that game. Josh Allen did everything he could to find a way to lose that football game. On the season, Josh Allen now has thirty two interceptions and fumbles. No one else in the league has more than twenty eight. Matt Ryan had twenty eight, Justin Fields had twenty seven. That's a second year player and a fossil that got binched. Josh Allen fumbled the ball three times, including one return for a touchdown that flipped the game. Through two interceptions, and wouldn't stop throwing these insane bombs down the field. He threw more bombs twenty plus are yards down the field in that game than any quarterback has thrown in any game all year. Well, but he wasn't. He completed one great one early in the game and then wouldn't go away from it. He just can't help himself, and it is very difficult. If you're a Bills fan, here's your concern. Josh Allen was a turnover machine until Brian Dabele got there. Then he cleaned it all up, played the best football of his life. Brian Dabell left, He's a turnover machine again. Daniel Jones was a turnover machine Brian daball got there. And he is cleaned it up entirely. Daniel Jones not We'll talk about him in his game in a moment. Not only did he have a great playoff game, he led the league in lowest interception rate this year, cleaned one point one percent interception rate this season. So there are.
Speaker 3: Would he take Trevor Lawrence over Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing on that I don't I don't know how. My pause is not because I'm debating the question. My pause is because I'm trying to figure out how to best ex explain the answer. I don't know how you can see this level of carelessness from Josh Allen at this point in his career and think it's ever going to go away. This is his fifth season, He's played nearly one hundred games in this league. How can or maybe he's played exactly one hundred thereabouts, how can you possibly think that, no, no, no, this is gonna stop. It's not gonna stop. Now. It's odd for me to then say you don't have worry about the Trevor when he just obviously had a four interception playoff game. But Trevor Lawrence is on a skyward trajectory and Trevor Lawrence to me, is not nearly as much of an injury risk as Josh Allen because he's damn near as big as him, right, and he doesn't play that style. So if I were if I were saying quarterbacks, if I were saying quarterbacks you're gonna have for the next decade, I would go Mahomes a clear one, Burrow Lawrence two to three, and then Josh Allen for the I mean, I think that's and then after Josh Allen you would have Herbert and then we'll see what Jalen Hurts looks like in the playoffs. But it is on that game you're up seventeen nothing against a third string quarterback at home, their team is playing terribly, and Josh Allen forced them back into the game that there's no there's no disputing that. There's no arguing that he could have had five turnovers. He fumbled the ball three times, including early in the game when he just kind of like threw it forward, like what are you doing. At his core, he is still the guy who in his first career playoff game was running up the sideline and just blindly threw the ball backwards over his head and his career playoff numbers look really good, but it's misleading because Josh Allen, this is what he has done. Game by game. First playoff game of his career, the one he threw the ball backwards over his head, no touchdowns, a rating, blow seventy two fumbles. His second career playoff game sensational against the Colts two touchdowns, no interceptions, a one to twenty one rating, one fumble. His third playoff game against the Ravens mediocre, one touchdown, no picks, one fumble in eighty six rating. His third career playoff game against the Chiefs mediocre, two touchdowns, one pick and eighty one rates. Then his fourth career, fifth career playoff game perfect Patriots, five touchdowns, zero picks at one fifty eight passer rating, His next playoff game against the Chiefs perfect except he lost four touchdowns, zero picks, a one thirty six rating, and then yesterday against the Dolphins, three touchdowns, two picks, a ninety three rating, and three fumbles. So if you remove, and again it's not fair to remove, but let's just do it like this. In his career, he's played seven playoff games. He's been sensational in three of them and below average in the other four. But he was so good in those three that his career playoff numbers look like they're all time great. It's but it's really the Chiefs and the Patriots game that are doing all the work there. Aside from those two games, the Chiefs Patriots game, one of which he lost. By the way, he has in his other five career playoff games a passer rating below ninety. He has seven passing touchdowns, three interceptions, and seven fumbles. Seven touchdowns, three picks, and seven fumbles in the other five games.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, it's official, Jimmy g was holding back the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: And when are we gonna get to something that I didn't nail months ago?
Speaker 3: At one game Rock Party Tye Garoppolo's career postseason touchdown total.
Speaker 2: That's a remarkable stat.
Speaker 3: And they're obviously on that seven game win streak with Party.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and for the record, they're on eleven game winning streak overall. But as you mentioned, seven games with Perty, right, yep.
Speaker 3: Who should get the most credit for this run? Kyle Shanahan the defense or Rock Party's gonna say Shanahan, Yeah, it's Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 2: I mean it just flat lee is. The defense was amazing in the second half on Saturday, was not great in the first half. I mean they were again we had the Niners in an alternate line minus sixteen and a half. They covered it, but they were trailing at halftime. Gino was dealing and you know they the defense is unbelievable, but has had some spotty moments.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's flags kind of helped the forty nine ers. I feel like they got the Seahawks out of there.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so there was there was one and the Seahawks center kept going illegally downfield, and there was a spot when it was the Seahawks were driving for a lead and we're driving late in the first half. They were about to have third and short, they had an illegal man downfield and the very next play they fumble and the game kind of flips right there. So that's a fair point. But and party has been excellent. But at this point you kind of have to ask yourself this question. Do you believe Brock Purdy is the next new age Kurt Warner, that he is a great player that was just totally overlooked and underdrafted, or do you believe that this offense was a juggernaut waiting to happen once it was unshackled from Jimmy Garoppolo. Because Jimmy Garoppolo has played six playoff games. In those six playoff games, he has a total of four touchdowns, six interceptions, a rating of seventy four, and averages one hundred and sixty yards per game. He has one playoff game with a good passer rating. That playoff game demons they only let him throw the ball eight times. He was six for eight in that game. Rock Purdy, in his first career playoff game, had four touchdowns, so matching Jimmy's career total, zero picks, a one thirty one rating, and through for more yards than Jimmy g averaged in two playoff games.
Speaker 3: He also looks like he's been there before, Like the guy seems very comfortable.
Speaker 2: So this is where the benefit of playing four years of big time college football helps. So I always say it's not a great program, but they're in the Big twelve, so you play big games. He played four years there and so he has played in a lot of games. But it's Shanahan, it's Shanahan's and it's why Shanahan spent all that draft capital on Trey Lance because he knew if we ever were to get a great quarterback, we're unbeatable, unbeatable. And now I don't know what Trey Lance going to be.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, what about Trey Lance's job?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, if Perdy gets him to the super Bowl and doesn't have a dud, I think you probably just have to eat your losses on Trey Lance and trade him for like a second round pick to a team that liked him coming out of the drafts. Because it's gotta be perty R. Perty has to be the guy. He's actually cheaper than Trey. They're both incredibly cheap, but because he's a rookie this year, you have him under control longer, all that stuff. But get as that there is the Niners.
Speaker 3: Yeah for Tree Lance.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if that. I don't think that would be the trade. But I also don't think they want Rogers Right right now, brock Perty looks better than Aaron Rodgers. I'll tell you that much right now. And so to me, Shanahan deserves the credit. And that team is a juggernaut. That team is an absolute juggernaut that you would say, it's hard to see anybody beating him, But I saw the Chiefs beat him by twenty one so or twenty or twenty one whatever it was. Uh, but Shanahan is has done a brilliant job. By the way, we have a poll question. Oh yeah, and you guys can participate in the chat and we'll get to your comments at the end of the show. Who deserves more credit, By the way, whoever curates our chat our buddy In the one of the producers. First things first, Dusty says he always puts questions in the chat and that we've never answered one of them, so he's a little upset.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Seventy one percent of the audience says Shanahan, eight percent of the defense, twenty one percent says party all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Brian Davil and Daniel Jones led their team to the second round after upsetting Minnesota. Dave Balls should get Coach of the Century award for making Daniel Jones a reliable quarterback. The real winner, though, is Daniel Jones, who is up for a big pay day and free agency. Obviously, is it crazy to think that Daniel Jones might be a better free agent free agent quarterback than Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that is crazy. Yeah, that is crazy. Not better than Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: Okay, even considering the injuries.
Speaker 2: Even considering the injuries. So Daniel Jones throws the ball better than Lamar Jackson. Okay, So you're in on Daniel Jones. Thro Daniel Jones, My guy, you're in on Daniel Jones. I didn't know that. So he played a great playoff. Yep, I'm gonna be the last guy on this island. Wait, hold on it. And he's also mobile.
Speaker 3: He is mobile.
Speaker 2: He is mobile? Do you I think it was Saquan I'm not sure. One of his teammates, you know what they called him, But I don't think this is an appropriate nickname, by the way, but one of his teammates called him that. They called him Vanilla vick uh and uh. He is mobile and he's an excellent runner. Yeah, I'm gonna be the last person on the I don't believe in Daniel Jones island.
Speaker 3: I am. Yeah, you tend to stick to your opinions.
Speaker 2: I just saw so many years of terrible football by him that I just wonder if now he's doing it with no receivers, and he just did it in the road playoff game. He's I, by the way, reserve the right to adjust this opinion before I'm on television in four hours. I have to think about this more because he has done this year everything you would ask him to do. His numbers are good, He's a tough runner, He's not turning the ball over. With that said, this is a team that in the final ten games of the year won three times, and those three victories came against Indy, Washington and the Texans. Okay, so I do wonder if this is more about the Vikings League worst pass defense. I mean, the guys were as open as you will ever see in a playoff game. Combine it then with the fact that Kirk Cousins checking the ball down on fourth and eight inside of two minutes left in a playoff game is the most ballwise cowardly thing I may have ever seen. I don't I can't fathom that decision. Tree And it's not like he checked it down to Dalvin Cook or Justin Jefferson. He checked it down to his tight end who was blanketed by a guy. It was such an outrageous It's like throwing the ball away. Yeah, I don't know what he was protecting against. We saw Justin Jefferson beat the Buffalo Bills on a fourth and eighteen. Well, they ended up beating him. This play didn't beat him, but it kept him alive to beat him on a fourth and eighteen when he left up one handed and made maybe the greatest catch in NFL history. Throw him the ball, or throw it to kJ Osborne or Feeling or anybody passed the sticks. See if the rep the refs just gave you a very questionable roughing the quarterback penalty, maybe the refs will throw a flag, do something. And so Dabled to me is coach of the Year, and I what he's done with Daniel Jones is fantastic. If the Giants keep him, then I think Daniel Jones can keep up this level of play. If he goes somewhere else, I'm not quite so sure about. I think Dabell is the key here, especially when you're seeing what's happening to Josh Allen, what's happened to Daniel Jones. I also would be very squeamish about paying Daniel Jones a ton of money, but they're gonna do it, and so, but I give the Giants credit. And now the Giants get a divisional rematch against Philly.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And now that Philly defense very different than Minnesota defense. That Philly pass rush very different. And the reason that I want to hold out on just crowning Daniel Jones is against that Philly pass rush. There is the chance he turns into the previous Daniel Jones. But hey, give credit where I will begrudgingly give credit because he was excellent. Okay, we only went ten minutes over. I'm actually impressed by us there. We'll take a very quick break, less than ninety seconds. Come back, talk a little Monday Night football and the rest of the kind of fallout of wild Card weekend in the NFL. That's next, What's Right? Episode one to eighteen.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable feature. It's an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheetle, Michael Tanya, and Bobby Kanavami. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right? Episode one eighteen. We went long in that first segment. I want to leave us time. By the way, can I just look at the screen real quick, Demante, Can I tell you a frustrating thing about getting old well beard?
Speaker 3: Here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I keep thinking there's something in my goate in my beard, like fuzz from my shirt, and I keep pulling on it. But it's just gray hair. It's just gray beard hair. It's brutal. That's a bad beat for me. Man. The my wife says it's coming in here too. I, by the way, I'm not going to be a die your hair guy.
Speaker 3: Or you're not going to die it back your ead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no. When it goes gray, it goes gray. I think it probably makes me look more esteemed. I think it'd be fine if it were gray er. But the fact that it's just so like it was patchy with the gray stuff. It just looks like I have stuff on my face. All right, I listen, we gotta go fast here me me talking about my beard hair hair is probably not the fastest the best way to start the segment. We'll get to your comments in the C block, Demons, get us started here.
Speaker 3: Well, car weekend wraps up tonight with Cowboys versus the Bucks. Yeah, after a weekend of bad quarterback play. I wonder which versions of Dak and Brady show up Yeah, win or lose? Will this game have any type of impact on Brady's legacy aside from it being his last home game he plays inside of Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: Well, theoretically, with the Giants win, Brady now could be hosting the NFC championship game if they were to get there. If the Giants beat.
Speaker 3: The Eagles face Jones though, right.
Speaker 2: Man, If if Brady goes eight to nine in his path, now, listen, I don't think the Bucks can beat the Niners, but it would be pretty unbelievable if his path the playoffs is a home playoff game against a team that was objectively better than them all year but just played their worst game of the season and who they beat and we one than a rookie quarterback in the Divisional round, and if the rookie quarterback, who they've already played by the way, melts down and then he's got Daniel Jones at home to go to an eleventh super Bowl, it would just be unbelievable. Uh, I've got the Bucks tonight. I actually think, though, the Bucks are really really bummed that the Vikings choked the way they did, because I think the Bucks would have felt way better about going to Philly than going to San Francisco. And I think the Cowboys feel the same way because if the Cowboys they've beaten Philly, it's divisional rival. I think both of those teams are really irritated that the bracket didn't hold because I know that Philly's the one seed, but I feel like Philly is imminently exponentially more beatable as the Niners. Right Yeah, And I know everybody says I'm disrespecting Philly. The Niners are on a different level in my opinion right now. And so now the winner of this game, not only are they gonna have to go to San Francisco, they obviously have to go to San Francisco on two days less rest. So the Niners played Saturday, two and a half days almost the Niners played Saturday afternoon. This game is Monday night. Now that game will be Sunday, so at least you get almost a full week. But the two days less rest thing does suck to a degree for the Cowboys or the Bucks. But I I think I had been I had been saying that I thought the winner of this game was gonna go to the conference championship game because I thought the bracket was gonna hold, and that either of these teams could be filly this game, in particular, we have seen the keep their flags in their pocket all weekend, right, and then it felt like that pass, that roughing the passer penalty that Kirk Cousins got was priming us for what we're about to see tonight on Monday Night. For I think there will be three I'm I'm I'm marking it down. I think we will have three Tampa Bay drives extended by not by roughing the passer, necessarily by illegal contact which we haven't seen, a lot of defensive holding, which we haven't seen a lot of defensive pass interference. The Rafts have called this like playoff football. I think that ends tonight. I think Brady gets all the whistles. I think Dak makes a big mistake, and I think the Bucks win, and I think the Bucks are, you know, a game away from a conference championship appearance.
Speaker 3: All right, next as time for a game. We are playing all in or fold today. First off, we've got Lamar Jackson. Obviously, he made a loud statement to the Ravens by not traveling with the team for their first round playoff game all in her fold. Lamar has already taken his last snap as a Raven.
Speaker 2: All right, so Lamar sometimes, injured guys don't travel. So like Tua didn't go to Buffalo, Lamar didn't go with them last week to Cincy. So I'm not going to overreact to the not travel part of it.
Speaker 3: So like you, why wouldn't you go? Though, Like I mean, I understand, like because he has like he probably had a concussionist.
Speaker 2: Right, So listen again, it's like support, right, that's iding out a lot of people view it. I'm not saying you're wrong for viewing it that way. I don't know. Different teams have different rules, they do things. Some teams, everybody travels. Some teams, if you're injured, you're not allowed to travel. You would think maybe certain teams would make an exception if it's a franchise quarterback. I don't know, like, you know, be on the sideline, help Huntley. I'm not sure. Yeah, but I am not because I don't know how the Ravens always do it. I am not going to necessarily say I'm not gonna I'm gonna not judge that right there because I'm not certain of it. There's it certainly was. It was curious to a lot of people, so it's noteworthy. But I'm not sure if it should have been curious. Also, it might be the exactly well right, it might be exactly that. And and you know, Mike Vick, who's tight with Lamar, said on TV, put a brace on it and go play. Sean Payton said, you know, seemed to play. I need to play. Sammy Watkins said he wanted him to play. This is all moving full speed ahead towards a divorce, yep. And I understand that. And this is here's what's interesting about this. There's a lot of things interesting about this. But I was very critical of the Cardinals for paying and a lot of these teams have paid these quarterbacks earlier than they have to went scoff. I think Kyler's on that list. Russ wentn't on a rookie deal. They paid him way early. Set Russ aside, and I said, you don't need to do this. I don't know why you're doing this. And the answer might be because if we don't, something like this can happen where a guy doesn't get paid and gets banged up and protects himself and we need the guy to be all in to not then. And here's the other part of it that I've talked about. Lamar doesn't have an agent, so he's doing his own negotiations the whole thing. And there are what would the Atlanta Falcons give up for Lamar Jackson? What would the New York Jets give up for Lamar Jackson? What would the Indianapolis Colts give up for Lamar Jackson? And I know a lot of people are like the Ravens never traded him. There's gonna franchise tag him. He might not sign it, and he might hold out, and that's not even holding out because holding out implies you're under contract or be under contract. So I think I think he's played his last snap as a rape. I do. I said that a few weeks ago. At the time people thought it was crazy. It is looking more and more.
Speaker 3: Likely that that's the case next reports, so that Tool will be back as a starter in Miami next year. Gino Smith also stated that he wants to finish his career in Seattle. If they return, will they make it back to the postseason?
Speaker 2: All in a fold?
Speaker 3: Two En Gino will lead their teams back to the playoffs in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll fold that. I think that. So let's start with the Dolphins. I don't know that two is going to be the quarterback there. I think Tom Brady might be the quarterback there. And I think that you give Two a full year post all these concussions, and you're like, two, you're a guy still. But we can get Brady they wanted Brady before a year of Brady and then move forward to him. I think that's on the board. I also think even if Tua is the guy, here's the thing, and I think people don't fully understand this part of it. I think people think talking about to a size makes it's like, well, okay, but his size, what's that matter. He's getting concussions, that's his brain. He's getting the concussions in part because he can be ragdoll and thrown to the ground so much differently than bigger quarterbacks, you know what I mean, Like the bigger, stronger quarterbacks aren't getting man handled that way. So no one is immune to concussions, but you can be more or less likely to be in a situation where someone's gonna be able to.
Speaker 3: Cuss you, trample, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exact, all of that stuff, and so that that is problematic. You think Ross, who's a smaller quarterback, when he got a concussion against the Chiefs when he's running and you know, trying to go for the goal line, Like there's there's just certain guys like Josh Allen can't be ragdoll. He can get hit, he can have a lot of things happened to him. And I'm not saying he can't get anyone get a concussion. But if Tua obviously is more susceptible than the average quarterback. So even if he's the starter, what does that guarantee you as far as how many games he's gonna play. So that part of it's a factor. The Bills are not going anywhere, and I think the Jets, if they get Derek Carr or Lamar are gonna be excellent. I also think the Dolphins mean. The Dolphins spent a lot of money for Bradley Chubb to not be able to get a pass rush without sending a blitz. They were blitzing now. They ended up sacking Josh Allen a bunch, but it wasn't because they could get home with four. They had to keep sending extra people, which lest the secondary exposed. And I I would just monitor tyreek kills mood over the next year. Tyreek talked a lot and it all was going great, and that team went from eight to three to nine and eight and then nine and nine and out of the playoffs, and Tyreek did not have a great game. So that's the Dolphins side of it. The Seattle side of it is a more interesting one, and I do think Seattle could be a playoff team next year. The NFC is soft, There aren't great quarterbacks. The NFC West is, in my opinion, in total disarray. The Niners are great, the Cardinals are going to be a mess, and the Rams, I don't think you're gonna be good. There's also a weird thing where Aaron Donald during the games on Sunday changed his Twitter bio to former Rams defensive lineman and then changed it back.
Speaker 3: We looked for it and it said but it didn't say the former.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had put it and then changed it back. I also always wonder who monitors that stuff, you know what I mean. It's not like he said out of tweet. Someone was just on Aaron Donald's page, right, or it is just a weird thing, but set out aside. Excuse me. I think there's real questions about Stafford where he is as a player. I know McVay said he's coming back. My point is Seattle could be the second best team in that division. They played all these rookies, teams that played the foremost rookies in football this year, foremost snaps. Houston makes sense, Chicago makes sense, Jets, Seattle and the Chiefs. Actually, okay, the Jets would have been more, but the running back got hurt, you know what I mean, And so the Jets were high on the list though. But Seattle and the Chiefs have to be incredibly optimistic about the fact we played all these rookies and we were still playoff teams. Chiefs are great, Seattle, you know, overachieved. You would agree. And I think they'll keep Gina and you know what I mean there, And so I think Seattle could be a playoff team next year if they keep Gino. And by the way, they also have keep in mind that great Broncos pick. They're gonna be able to add another blue chip player. They have the Broncos first and second round pick. Seattle's a sneaky possible Lamar destination if they want to move on from Geno. That that running game. You know, I don't see it happening, but that's a sneaky one, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, the thirteen and four Vikings had their season come to an end, improve once and all once and for all of it. They were true frauds of the twenty twenty two season. In the end, it came down to Kirk Cousins throwing five yards short of the sticks last week. Kirk Cousins, Yeah, all in their fall of the Vikings can make the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: With shut Nobody believe. Of course, that's a fold and it's just a disaster for them and they I'm looking up kirk Cousins contract right now because I don't know what they do is the problem. I don't know how what how you get where you need to get to because yeah, you went thirteen and four, you won the division, but you're you're you have so many issues. So Cousins, next year is the last year of his deal. You can't extend him. They keep giving him these extensions. You can't. You gotta let him go into a lame duck year and then rip the band aid off. But what they need Listen the throw we talked about it earlier. Throwing five yards short of the sticks there is is unfathomably bad.
Speaker 3: Do you think Daniel Jones is better than Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'd rather have Daniel Jones. I'd rather like there are certain moments.
Speaker 3: Saying like they need to let him go. I'm just thinking, like, he's not bad. There's no Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: No, but you have a clear ceiling and there are certain moments in the NFL that I don't think you can get over. So last year, after the playoffs that the Raiders played the Bengals in Round one, they got it inside the ten with thirty seconds left. Car spiked the ball on first down, which was a grievous error, but whatever he did it. They then threw three passes Demonse down seven less than thirty seconds left in the playoffs. Not one of them. They were inside the ten, they were at the nine. I think, not one of them was into the end zone. They were all short of the inzume. They lost the game, and I said, you can't come back from that. Sorry, I said that moment. The Raiders and Derek Carr getting a divorce. We don't know when, but it's happening. It happened this year, same last year's playoffs. The Titans are playing the Bengals. Goddamn Bengals, man, they're running real hot on this stuff. The I mean the I understand they beat Mahomes and I give them all the credit in the world for that, But their other playoff victories came with Derek Carr doing Derek Carr things. The Tannehill game I'm about to describe to you, and then Tyler Huntley yesterday, okay, the and Mahomes was lighting them up for a half and then went Haywire and the but set all that aside. Bryan Tannehill in that game against the Bengals off a bye as the one seed, started the game with a pick, threw a terrible red zone pick and ended the game with a pick to lose the game. And I said, right then and there that he's done. He's done there. Now they haven't recognized that yet, but he's done there. This is a That's what that moment was for Kirk Cousins. You're done. He might take the team a year to acknowledge it, but you don't come back from that. It's over. And so I don't know what they do, but no, he'll never lead them to a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: All right, last question, to make it to the second round of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They could make it to the second round of the playoffs. Yeah, they sure.
Speaker 3: They could make you to hear a little faith in Kirk Cousins from me.
Speaker 2: Why do you like Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just I think I like these underdog quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Evidently you like Daniel Jones is different though, he's like that. Okay, all right, next last one.
Speaker 3: Despite you swearing them off, you were back on the Black and Miles to celebrate the Prince's comeback win. So, speaking of comebacks, all in their fold, Black and Miles are making a comeback.
Speaker 2: Unfolding that Black and.
Speaker 3: Oh they haven't. They've always been. Okay, we're not talking about with you, we're talking about with other people.
Speaker 2: No, we're talking about with me.
Speaker 3: Do you mean make a comeback? They've always been here.
Speaker 2: I hadn't smoked black and Mild in six months. It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: I live with you, ma'am. What's your point.
Speaker 2: I smoked the occasional Lucy cigarette. I haven't smoked a black and Mount in a long time.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe wise I'm tripping. I might be dripping.
Speaker 2: I think you're tripping, all right. I think you're tripping, and I think you're kind of trying to dry snitch right now, and I don't much appreciate it. Come back and answer your questions in the chat What's right? All right? Welcome back in episode one eighteen, What's Right? With Nick Wright? Also, obviously, I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge it's Martin Luther King Day. I back when I used to radio on MLKDA, we used to play at the end of the show, the entirety of the I have a dream speech. We're not gonna do that here. What I am gonna say is be very very leery of folks who today will cherry pick one or two MLK quotes to pretend that they rep anything that he represented. And also it is always instructive to remind yourself that Martin Luther King was reviled by a large majorities of the non black population in this country when he was still alive. That's over seventy percent of white Americans thought the March on Washington, which was the precursor to the I Have a Dream speech, was a bad idea. And if you read what he believed about not only race in this country, but poverty in this country, workers in this country, all of those things, I think you'll be able to get a better idea of who he truly was rather than simply, you know, thirty five words about racial harmony. All right, let's get to the fan questions.
Speaker 3: Please, all right, Rashot asked, isn't the Lamar thing becoming the Spurs Kawhi story in football? For him?
Speaker 2: It's a great comp and maybe so. Kawhi got hurt in the end of the twenty seventeen playoffs, and then the twenty eighteen season was just like missing and the Spurs kept saying he was ready to play, but he wasn't ready to play. And then they ended up having to trade him, and that's not the it's not one to one with Lamar because that wasn't a money thing at all. But I said it a month ago that if Lamar doesn't play in these playoffs, I think he's played his last down as a Raven. And it's looking more and more like that.
Speaker 3: Next all right, Anthony Johnson said, demons, can you give us a look into what never a doubt really looks like? Is Nick is confident while watching the games. He's not. Actually, it can actually be kind of frustrating watching football games with him sometimes, especially you place a parlay, because he's really negative when when one little thing happens, you know, the team, Like I'll give you an example. The Dolphins were playing yesterday. Uh, they were doing good, and then I think the Bills ended up scoring, but the Dolphins were obviously holding. And then he's like, oh god, damn it. Now you probably don't even cover there. They're a touchdown away from and it's like, dude, they've been scoring, Like if the Bills going score the Miami Dolphins, he's really you're really negative when you watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I ask you a question? More often than not, am I correct in how I'm breaking down the good or the bad or why a bet is not yet in or how it could go sideways on you?
Speaker 3: I'd say it's like forty sixty in like forty being the times of your right sixty because like sometimes it's like they're like sometimes it's really irrational. Like sometimes I find it to be a little irrational, and it's like, all right, dude, I kind of got some money on this right now. I don't really want to hear about how it could go bad. I rather just see it happen than.
Speaker 2: Like be like you know, it's it's I'm trying to mentally prove to man's you haven't want to bet since Thanksgiving dead?
Speaker 3: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: That's a lie.
Speaker 3: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: What when did you win? What did you win win? How long ago?
Speaker 3: It's probably one of my parlays that I try to keep on the low. So you didn't sour it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did you win one this weekend?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, did you win one last weekend?
Speaker 3: We'll see, but yeah, but yeah, man, it's just like he's definitely a glass half empty type of dude, and even when it comes to his own teams.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 3: It's like, even when it comes to the Chiefs, like you say, oh, they're gonna freaking lose this line.
Speaker 2: I don't say the Chiefs are gonna lose. That's just not the way. That's just not true. I I there are times where I say they could they could would lose. Yeah, I've been I've been studying and watching sports for a quarter century. I have a pretty good pulse on how things could go, which is why I'm one of the all time greatest live game live betters in the world. Hey, all times.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny that you say I haven't hit a bet since Thanksgiving. That bet that I hit on Thanksgiving, you did the exact thing that I'm talking about right now. You were like, because it was it was for like Jerry golf under on passing yards or something, and they were getting and I was like, I was like, I hit it, I hit it. I don't care anything. You're like, no, buddy, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just like geez do and what I'm trying to prepare you. I hear it because I want to tell you the one time I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh oh on the Jag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one time I did. I'm gonna tell you right now. Demonse made the biggest bet of his life at two in the morning, irrationally, for no reason, a terrible value ten point teaser across the zero, not getting the key numbers, just just all worse and the l and he needed. He had the Cowboys plus five, like, oh yeah, that's five and a half, though he somehow took did a ten point teaser taking the Cowboys from minus four and a half to plus five and a half would even better off just lighting the money on fire as far as the value you're getting there, not because you couldn't won, but because if you're gonna, if you're gonna pay for ten points, make them a valuable ten points, not teasing across the zero and a five, but regardless. And that game went to overtime and Demonse's feeling great and the Jags have the ball. I'm sorry, the Cowboys have the ball, and Demond's feeling untouchable, and I'm sitting there thinking, Buddy, five and a half is not six and a half. But I stayed quiet, and then a Dak Prescott picked six, and I even tried to be optimistic the moment the big six, and I was like, maybe it touched the ground. And then Demonsey's sitting there, watching, sitting there, watching, and then with the force of a thousand suns, smacks the couch, walks out of the room, and I don't see him again for six hours.
Speaker 3: We can walk out of the room after the slap hold on that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Shortly thereafter, Yeah, about twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I sat there and stewed angerly, and and I felt badly because I didn't prepare you for the potential loss.
Speaker 3: Nothing could have prepared me for that potential.
Speaker 2: Well, and if I would have, you would have blamed me. You'd have been like, oh, you spoke it into existence.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I I honestly would rather you not prepared me for this, okay, because it's just like putting.
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's fine. I'll stay quiet on this stuff. That's fine. I'm just just trying to help, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Dianasus asked Nick, No, Lebron thirty eight k talk yet. I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: It's a football day, but yeah, Lebron just became the second player thirty eight thousand points, the youngest player to ever hit thirty eight thousand points, which means that Lebron James is the youngest player ever for every single thousand point threshold, and in fact, every single point after I think about six hundred or something, he's the youngest to ever do it. So like, who's the youngest guy to ever get to twenty five thousand points Lebron? Fifteen thousand points Lebron, eighteen thousand, four thousand, nine thousand tall Lebron. But then it's also who's the youngest guy to ever get to I don't know, eleven, two hundred and twelve, Lebron. It's every every number, every number after, like the first few hundred, he's the youngest. And the Lakers had a brutal loss last night.
Speaker 3: By the way, next Matt Ford ask, are we sure Dusty is watching? Or is this proof that your pop producers are more dedicated than your TV producers.
Speaker 2: It's a good question. Dusty always complaining that we don't get his questions in. We've called for him three times now and he's not in the check. Good job, funniest coworker, my funniest coworker. Can I tell you something funny that happened at work? And then we can move on. So a few days ago, there was a miscommunication about something that one of other producers on the TV show thought we wanted, like something on the screen that wasn't communicated properly. Right. It was really Wild's fault, actually okay, and it involved Franz Wagner and Moe Wagner. It doesn't matter, and I thought so during the TV show, Dusty Ramsey and Christina sometimes or different producers sit on set but off camera, and I thought Dusty did it, and I've known that six years and he and I are buddies. And I turned after the segment and I said that was done on purpose, and they said yeah, And I said, like angrily, never do that again, because I thought I was hung Dusty. But it was one of our newest, youngest producers, Ramsey, that had done it again. It was Wilde's fault. That's just an emails and that guy, and so I didn't know it, but I was kind of like sternly scolding or yelling whatever at Ramsey. Dusties yea, and poor Ramsey, who's the nicest kid and does a great job, sent me like a long apology text and the whole thing, and I and I felt so terribly. And then it also made me realize I must be very comfortable just yelling at Dusty because I didn't feel badly at all when I thought it was Dusty, But when I found out it was Ramsey, I was like, oh man, that was so mean. All right?
Speaker 3: Last week, Dusty just said that he put two comments in there.
Speaker 2: He did, but you want to read text him to you.
Speaker 3: He just said he's literally commented twice. But go ahead. Martin Sanchez said, Nick, you need some new producers. Gabe is garbage with the quality too often and and his quibs are annoying. If you're going to get bad quality, at least you could get someone with without the awful quibs. Is somebody that we know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who he is. I don't know who wrote that. Second of all the words is quip listen quibbs? No, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always the bee pronounced with a no, no, no that the.
Speaker 2: Guy just typed it wrong. Uh. So here's the thing. I'm allowed to talk trash to my producers. Martin Sanchez, you are.
Speaker 3: Not somebody that.
Speaker 2: By the way, a little breaking news. Lamar Jackson just posted this to his I G story. When you have something good, you don't play with it. You don't take chance losing it, you don't neglect it. When you have something good, you pour into it, you appreciate it. Because when you take care of something good, that good thing takes care of you. Two with the little prayer hands emoji? Would you just read that Lamar Jackson's Instagram?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, so he's done.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe he's girl friend broke up with him, or maybe that's what the Ravens. But that ain't good. I'll tell you that much right now. Now again, maybe it turns out the you know what I mean, his heartbroken. I don't know. I don't know his relationship status, but that is either about a woman or about the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 3: Totally helps his case, being that Huntley did what he did yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's not great. It's like, it's not great.
Speaker 3: Mar It's just that you ever seen that Leonardo DiCaprio thing where he's pointing at the screen. I don't know, I don't know where I'm going with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thanks much. Way to end the show. That was episode one eighteen of What's Right. We'll see you guys on Thursday today on television. It will be a tour de force performance to open the show. I don't want to spoil anything, but we have trumpets, we have more members of the orchestra, if you will, and I've got something special play. So that's at three o'clock Eastern today on FS one. See you guys there, have a great day.
Speaker 3: What's right now,