Speaker 1: Again, we have to do something better than this purp. It's just it's not working for me.
Speaker 2: Well we've concluded Vegas Week.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay and and with a bang, Yeah, yeah what did you?
Speaker 4: What did you think?
Speaker 2: I feel like you enjoyed this year's interviews maybe more than last year's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's I mean, again, everyone last year is super cool, great, but yeah we're there. There was a vulnerability to this year's guests that was really cool. Yeah, excuse me, John h mister Johnson, mister JOHNSONA which was Yeah, I enjoyed there's there was a lot of talk of kind of the mental health aspect of being a professional wrestler. And then to end with Kit Wilson was really cool. But to actually interview CM punk two, who's like kind of the face of all of w W, now right, I mean he's kind of the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he is the he is the cham and he's the Yeah. I mean when whenever you say the face most people think of still Cody Rhods because that's kind of like one of his nicknames. Okay, but yes, when you if you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Road sounds like a country singer.
Speaker 2: That's not You're not wrong, Okay, So yeah, to have him to have been able to interview CM Punk, Yeah, WrestleMania weekend is like the kind of the biggest get you could have.
Speaker 1: And I know he's kind of known for his honesty, but to sit two feet from it when he's kind of like also introspective about himself and where he is in his life now and in wrestling compared to where he was, it was just it was really cool. It was it Obviously it was centered around wrestling, but it felt like just interviewing people, yeah, which was which I really enjoyed. So yeah, and then you know, it was a quick trip, which I like because I don't need to spend a lot of time in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Right, So yeah, did you gamble at all while you were here?
Speaker 1: Not a just with my health because it's so it is the air is so dry out here that I get stuffy all the time. I know.
Speaker 4: I also have not gambled, which is insane.
Speaker 3: I don't not.
Speaker 4: Even I haven't even been tempted.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it's very weird. I'm just so tired.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's also because we're staying in a place that is really not gambling, like you don't have to walk through a casino, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 4: That's exactly part of it.
Speaker 2: I have not been tempted by bright lights and cool sounds. No hoopla. You know I love a hoopla. Yeah, I love hoopla, and so no hoopla to dredge you.
Speaker 3: I love Vegas hoopla. You're not a big hoopla person.
Speaker 2: And oh no, I want silence in every and every other aspect of my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you miss the gambling at all? Do you wish you had gambled?
Speaker 4: No, I don't. I haven't missed it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be here though, in a couple of weeks, and I know I'll gamble then, so that's probably all part of it. So you know, but I'm very excited to come back in a couple of weeks because I'm going to be here for the Steve Irwin Gala. Robert and Bindi and and Terry do their big gala every year where they raise money for the zoo, and so I'm excited.
Speaker 3: About They serve exotic meats.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not. Yeah, since they are so.
Speaker 1: Like that. That makes sense. That makes more sense with what they do. I get it.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about we've never mentioned the buddies.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have to.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need to.
Speaker 2: These are my personal and but by my personal buddies, I mean my children Adler and Keaton love these wrestling buddies. It's one of our go to birthday or Christmas gift ideas for others to give them. And we of course made it over to the superstore and bought them each new stuffies, new buddies, new buddies, and we also got them a Dan dan Housen hats nice.
Speaker 4: They say, cursed.
Speaker 3: I'm still cursed.
Speaker 4: There was so many dan Housen shirts.
Speaker 1: He's like the man right now.
Speaker 2: I am thrilled at how early we were on knowing especially I mean, yes, I and everyone knows. Everyone knows I am Danielle Housen. Yes, so I am a part of the Housing universe, which makes me feel like I'm so cool that well you should.
Speaker 3: That's another reason to feel really cool. As if you needed more.
Speaker 4: I did. I like your glasses.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cool, I haven't seen them in person.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, I have several black glasses and then the brown ones when I need to wear brown ones?
Speaker 4: Okay, when did you get the brown ones?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not that long couple couple months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't seen you. I don't think I see you wear them in person.
Speaker 1: There's one size of glasses that fits me at all of Warby Parker, So I bought it in every color they had.
Speaker 4: So smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so smart, which is also your go to find a sh sir.
Speaker 4: You like, how many colors does it come in?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: Let me get it. Oh, these genes fit me well?
Speaker 3: Go animals again, I walk around.
Speaker 4: You want go animals for for Wilford out? I like that.
Speaker 3: Are you upset that we're not going to WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: I'm not upset that we're not going to WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: I wish it's It's hard to say. There's nothing like being there.
Speaker 2: It's such an experience, but it is also an overwhelming experience. There are a lot of people there, a lot of you know, sensations, sites sounds.
Speaker 4: It's loud.
Speaker 2: Uh and this year I am too tired to imagine being in that situation.
Speaker 3: Like, I get it.
Speaker 2: You have to really be prepped for that, and I am very much. Looking forward to going home and watching it with my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're bringing the buddies back. And I still.
Speaker 3: Can't name everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's bron Breaker, it says breaker across this mister. Yeah, okay, bron Breaker. That's John Cena. This is Pentagatron. Yes, this is jay Uso.
Speaker 1: We saw him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the guy who gets everybody. Ye saw me, saw him. And then this is Cmpunk after a vacation. And this is Roman Reigns original tribal chief. They are squaring off in the main event. No, not tonight, Sunday Night. Yeah, which is one of the questions I talked to Punk about because he, you know, headlining WrestleMania has been something that's literally been a part of his story since like he started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing to hear him talk about that.
Speaker 2: And then he did it last year. But last year he was Saturday Night.
Speaker 4: And is there.
Speaker 2: You know it's two nights, it's a two night event, so it is a headliner. It's still a headlining event. But you want the real, the real like, wow, I get to headline? Is the feeling of Sunday Night.
Speaker 1: I know who you want to win? Yeah, who do you think is going to win.
Speaker 2: Man, it really is very difficult because you know, it is a business.
Speaker 3: Sure, and everyone loves a comeback.
Speaker 4: And everyone loves a comeback. But also.
Speaker 2: Part of the blurring of the lines of wrestling is is it just.
Speaker 4: Storyline or is it also real?
Speaker 2: And one of the blurred storylines is the bloodline of Roman Reigns coming from, you know, being The Rock's cousin. The Rock is an executive in the company. He's also still occasionally front facing talent on camera talent. How much of what's going to happen is being decided by different levels, Yes, at different levels, And that's something Punk's not shying away from talking about. He's Roman Reigns and Nepo Baby, and you know they're they have they have really gotten into it. And Roman Reigns has accused Punk of only being there because you know, he sells merch Wow.
Speaker 3: So they don't like each other in real life.
Speaker 4: They don't like each other.
Speaker 2: And and Punk is the type of person who will just I don't I have no reason to not say it. I think it's I don't think your family should be making decisions while for you and your career. I don't so I really don't know. I feel like what's best for storyline, right is that punk should be victorious.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I think is one.
Speaker 1: Of them the heel in this?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, Roman Reigns is the heel.
Speaker 3: Right, but can people don't seem to like Roman Reigns all the might.
Speaker 1: But then they did.
Speaker 4: Everyone has their turns.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: I will say that I think Roman Reigns used to have a more likable persona, and in the last couple of years he has either taken on for character or has just become maybe a little bit more full of themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well, the That's one thing I'm realizing is is, especially with the dudes, the egos to be a professional wrestler. I mean that's part of part of the persona, correct. I mean, you're not going to find a wilting flower who comes in and sits here and is like, well, I'm a professional wrestler. You're gonna find somebody comes in and like I'm the best. I'm going to be the best. I have to kick this guy's ass.
Speaker 3: I don't like him. I mean, it's part of what they're looking for.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I get that where it's like you're kind of sitting there like, God, these guys have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of ego, and they're like, well, yeah, they're supposed.
Speaker 4: To, right, It's part of the allure.
Speaker 1: These are alpha males that are going to grease themselves up and throw themselves at each other.
Speaker 3: You're going to find ego involved in that.
Speaker 2: And like you respected, you heard Rhea talking about how you know, sometimes she slaps herself across the face just to get herself fired up. Like imagine if you know sometimes how we feel when we sit down to podcasts, like Okay, what do I have to say today? What if they walked down and they were like, I don't really feel like punching people or throwing people.
Speaker 4: Now, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start smacking myself in the face before we podcast.
Speaker 4: Good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she might have been my favorite.
Speaker 1: I mean obviously punk was amazing, of course, but her story, her persona, just her whole vibe and then everything she was talking about, she might have been my favorite and she was super cool.
Speaker 2: That really says something too, because you and AJ obviously so connected over comic books and and so you and AJ clearly she's like.
Speaker 1: She's going to become a friend that's yes, because she I, we're gonna do that one shot. She's gonna roll with us, and she like, that's gonna be like texting comic book stuff back and forth with each other. Like she's gonna become a buddy. I can already tell that. But the story of Ria at the beginning was just was was cool. I mean it was really really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I like her so much. I think I like everything she stands for, and I you know, I loved how she was talking about that. The line that you don't cross is when you want to disparage who Demi her Demi is as a person.
Speaker 1: That's well talking. You know what's funny is I'm kind of amazed at how much you like professional wrestling because all of them are the persona of theater kid energy. But they are I mean, when you think about it, they're constantly talking about themselves and the third person, and they're talking about the other character that they do. If this, if most of these people were just actors, you would hate them.
Speaker 2: No, here's where I disagree all of them. If you if you sat there and watched them, they all had a normal conversation. They like my energy.
Speaker 1: But they're also like talking about themselves and their characters, like I mean, like you'd talk like an actor would talk about their characters.
Speaker 3: The craft, which is stuff that.
Speaker 2: You and I are bo it's still not craft because the funny thing is every time I say one of their real names, I almost we might have to edit that out because so much of their their like responsibility is k fabe, which is you kareem poppy fabe is you don't break character, and.
Speaker 3: You never broke character. You were always a few weeks yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Are a j and you when you and you know when when Rio walked in, she introduced herself as Rita to you, even though then at some point she's mentioned that her name is Demi.
Speaker 4: Like, so at least it's it's consistent.
Speaker 1: But if an actor walked if you were interviewing an actor for a new movie who was playing the Joker, and he stayed the Joker the entire time during the interview, you'd be like, I hated that guy.
Speaker 4: You're not wrong, You're I think you have.
Speaker 1: A soft spot for wrestling and wrestlers, but it's the same. It's I see what you're saying where it's not like the oh my god, I can't. Like, I feel like we could have sat and talked to Rha or any of them actually for hours at a time, and it wouldn't have been exhausting correct to sit there and talk to them, like it wouldn't have been like, oh my god, I need a break from this energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's it's very method.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, yeah, which which you have to the necessary And I totally understand that because if you're not, people are going to see through it. They're going to be like, well, wait, are you who are you today? And are you your regular person?
Speaker 3: Are you not?
Speaker 1: And I under which almost seems to me is the kind of not the fuck you used the wrong way to put it, but the pointing a spotlight of it, of Dan Housen's entire persona yeah, is kind of like taking the piss out of that a little bit on purpose.
Speaker 3: And I think that's great.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 2: One of the things I love for Dan Housen is that if I were to show you a picture of Dan Housen out of makeup, you'd never know what.
Speaker 4: Was I'm sure, and like, that's brilliant. Isn't that so great?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's brilliant. Because he's just walking the streets.
Speaker 4: He can just go out with his wife and his baby.
Speaker 3: And nobody's gonna know.
Speaker 4: No one's going to know.
Speaker 1: Think of the the drummer from from Five Finger Death Punch or whatever, where it's just like, no one's gonna know who that guy is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's one of the reasons Slipknot decided to wear masks.
Speaker 3: Right, you could kiss at the beginning to hear what was going on.
Speaker 4: You know, we really we really.
Speaker 3: Should have done Boy Meets World masks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should just switch characters though for no like we stay in the Boy Mets.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm gonna mister Feenie, You're just like Amy for no reason.
Speaker 1: Exactly been interesting, but it is. It's like it's a method. It's such a strange. That's why I keep talking about the levels of professional wrestling that I'm seeing, because it's they're in character the whole time. They're actors, they're entertainers, but they're also incredible athletes.
Speaker 3: You have to be able to do everything.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's gonna people are gonna like, come on, but the people that.
Speaker 3: Get it will get it.
Speaker 1: It's like what Jackie Chan did forever where I'm gonna be the actor, I'm gonna be the producer.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do what I have to do.
Speaker 1: I'm first gonna star in really small movies that nobody's gonna see.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work my way.
Speaker 1: Up, but I'm going to destroy my body to make sure that I get the shot that I need to get.
Speaker 2: You also need to be creative. You need to find hooks. You need to be able to and as we know as actors like, especially in the way the industry is now, you can't lie on someone else to come up with an idea for you or to go out and find you work. So if something's not working or you feel like, hmm, I'm getting passed over because these other people have found something I don't, you got to You got to be in that office, coming up with your own suggestions, throwing yourself in there, making sure you stay relevant, changing the character.
Speaker 3: That's got to be the hardest thing.
Speaker 1: They always say that the hardest thing in the world is not actually getting to the super Bowl. It's being in the locker room halfway in the halftime and having to change everything that got you there because you're losing. Yeah, and so it's got to be like, you work your butt off, you're a character. It's starting to work. Then all A said, it's not anymore, and it's like, oh I have to change everything everything now. Yeah, that's got to be crazy. It seems like such an insane world to be in.
Speaker 2: And then think about all the fan interaction because this is something that is so associated with families and kids. I think the amount of charity work that they all do, and then on top of the charity work that they do, the paid meet and green and photo ops that they do.
Speaker 3: And the cons they're on a concircuit.
Speaker 2: They're on a con circuit. Yeah, they're traveling every week. I mean this weekend, WrestleMania weekend, the biggest weekend of their year physically, mentally, career wise. Every day, all day they're in interviews, they're doing photo ops.
Speaker 3: Said he started at like six am, woke up at six.
Speaker 2: Am yesterday, was with us until after eight pm, so he had had like a fourteen hour work day.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. And then he's got a wrestle two.
Speaker 4: Days, two days.
Speaker 2: He's got to you know, and he's not a twenty five year old man.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean I saw the body styles were similar, but I couldn't Yeah, I couldn't tell about the ages.
Speaker 3: Yea very similar. Yeah, sorry, I just got tired turning to look at you. Sorry broke broke my necklark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's truly. The whole world I mean, is just crazy.
Speaker 1: And then to hear most of them talk about how then you're dealing with the fact that we all see the hate on social media.
Speaker 3: I'm not even on social media, and I see they hand.
Speaker 1: On social media. They must get at times a thousand. Because it's also there's some of them are playing villains. They're playing and it's like, okay, you have to dissect the fact that, like you're talking about a real person and you're spending time every day to go on and bash a real human being. It's yeah, it's a world that I I you'd have to love it. You'd have to love it to do it, because it's these are people. We've all talked to them. Every single one of the through lines to every person we've seen to interview from this year and last year is I saw this as a kid, and I knew it's all I wanted to do. It wasn't like, you know, I found wrestling when I was twenty eight exactly that never It's like I was fourteen. I was watching it. I started throwing myself around the backyard. It's like, you'd have you have to want this lifestyle, to live this lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really interesting too, the way Charlotte, because she mentioned when we talked about her player's Tribune piece, the way she talked about, Uh, why why is there a difference in the amount of love versus hate that gets sent on the internet for the bad guys versus the good guys? If you guys recognize that we're playing characters, why are you not saying, man, Charlotte Flair is the greatest because I hate her so much.
Speaker 1: She's so good at what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And instead it's just like I hate you and it's you.
Speaker 4: It's not even.
Speaker 1: I have found myself guilty of this same thing on Podmet's World, because we'll watch Survivor or something, I'm like, God, I hate coach. I'm so glad they kicked this guy off. I can't stand this guy. And then I'm like, this is a real dude. It's like I get what I'm saying, and I get he's putting himself out there to do that the way we are as well.
Speaker 3: But we're shielded because we're playing a character.
Speaker 1: He's coming out as hisself, and I'm trying to remind myself that it's like, yes, they're reality TV contestants, but they're real people, and I shouldn't just be ripping this dude who I've never met a part because I don't like his survivor persona.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You do have to think though, that if if they're unless he went into it thinking what's my strategy, and my strategy is to play this character, in which case you won't know it until after the season ends.
Speaker 1: And he's a he calls himself the Dragon Slayer. Oh okay, yeah, he nicknames himself. Any time you nickname yourself, there's something going on, right, But it's uh, what was yours was?
Speaker 3: Don't you remember?
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago we all taught we had this conversation and you're like, my nickname from now, you like gave yourself a nickname. I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 4: Sure that was me?
Speaker 1: It was you were involved in the conversation because I told you that Susan liked to be called big Dog. So there was a bunch of people that I think at some point you were then like you came up.
Speaker 2: With it, I came up with something. No, no, I don't remember that. Unfortunately, I will come up with a nickname for myself.
Speaker 1: But I get that. I mean, now with reality taking over, everyone is like they have their villains and their heroes, and it's like they're all still real people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I mean unless somebody's acting like a bad person. Yeah, because then I would have no problem being like, ew, I don't I don't like your I don't like that you are your tactic is to lie to everyone in or to whatever.
Speaker 1: But there are some of these wrestlers are acting like bad people. That's part of their job, like that character. It's such a strange world. It is such a strange world.
Speaker 2: It really is, and there there have been a lot of people that have been unhappy with how much of the curtain they've allowed to be pulled back, you know, especially with Unreal the documentary where they kind.
Speaker 4: Of just show you beyond the mat that was a great one.
Speaker 1: We're watching Mick get repeatedly beaten ahead with a chair while his kids are watching and freaking out. I mean that was difficult to watch for me, that part of the film, So yeah, they are. I also, I'm glad you very rarely hear wrestling's fake anymore. Like people get that it might be staged in choreographed, but it ain't fake. No, And there's a big difference between those two things. So yeah, you you don't kind of hear that anymore. Oh, I know wrestling's fake. It's like, no, no, it's really not.
Speaker 2: The athleticism is on another level. Yeah, I know, in their bodies, the things their bodies go through. It couldn't the amount of injuries Punk has had.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, and you saw aj to She was like, she's like, you know, it's like and I loved your question to Punk about to see ever get nervous watching.
Speaker 3: You're watching your spouse.
Speaker 1: It would freak me out, like, oh my god, I couldn't watching Susan even though and he said, he's like, she's so good at it. Even if you're amazing at it, of course, it's still like you do it too, So you know, one twist the wrong and.
Speaker 3: She fell on her head.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Once she's like, oh I slightly over rotated and then I couldn't feel my body.
Speaker 3: I mean that's oh yeah, that would freak me out seeing Susan do something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would freak me out to see Susan do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't picture, like, why am I in the ring?
Speaker 3: What's happened?
Speaker 4: So I'm saying, why am I? What's going on? Where's I just trying to get to Jenny.
Speaker 1: Kine or quin?
Speaker 3: That's fine, what's happening exactly? So uh yeah, no, it's but again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're watching your spouse just throw themselves around. And I love how he said he'd like he's trying to focus on his thing, but then he'll call somebody because see her on the screen.
Speaker 3: He's like, okay, is she all right? And they're like, yeah, she's.
Speaker 2: He's calling, by the way, he's calling Triple H like the top guy, let me make sure she's okay. And you know they one of the behind the scenes things is they communicate with the refs when they when they so, oh that makes sense, the refs when they're down there, there's yeah, they work just to make sure there's Triple H.
Speaker 3: I thought his name is just okay, I get it. Now interesting, gotcha. He's married, I know, married to the boss, and now he's kind of the boss.
Speaker 1: And that's and I get what Punk was also saying about, like, you know, one day we're equals and the next day you're my boss and you expect me to do what you say. That's going to be a learning curve for me totally to just be like, oh, wait a second, you can now tell me what to do.
Speaker 3: You're in charge, And I get that.
Speaker 1: That makes total It would be like if one of us, all of a sudden rider, was our boss and it was just like no, you guys are doing this. We'd be like, okay, this is going to take a little bit of a just so, I mean, I understand that feeling. I totally got what he was saying about that where and I'm sure he was like yeah, I'm sure it came off his disrespect, but it's give me a break. We were colleagues a week ago, and now you're my boss, and that's a big change.
Speaker 2: And even then, let's flip it and think about it from the other way. Think of the power trip you might have just yesterday I was your colleague and I didn't strike you, and now I'm in charge, and so even the way I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 1: That's what to do, there's gonna be people you don't like that.
Speaker 3: Now you're like, hey, I'm the boss.
Speaker 4: I'm the boss. Got to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the way he talked about it, I thought was very healthy, where he's like, yeah, I feel like I'm being respected, and you know, it is what it is, and the older me understands the nature of the business. I wouldn't want that job. So he's very good at what he does. It's like, Okay, you can tell he's like he's cool with it. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm so interested to see what his post wrestling career, what he does want to do.
Speaker 3: He's so smart, so.
Speaker 1: Smart, and he's obviously fluent in wrestling in every aspect of the business that it would probably be amazing.
Speaker 3: If he totally stepped away.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he's going to do something in wrestling, right, Yeah, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I mean I could really see him doing commentary. I mean, he's already done some commentary stuff, but like, I don't know, I just I can't wait to see like his post yeah, his post wrestling career.
Speaker 5: Anything else we want to wrap up from our Vegas experience before we go.
Speaker 3: No, I mean again, Las Vegas has been very good to us.
Speaker 1: Really make fun of it, but it's a fun place to come. I just read an article about how fewer people or a lot fewer people are coming here, because.
Speaker 4: Which hasn't felt like that to me. Everywhere we've been. I feel like there's people everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but every for instance, where we're staying. I was on the thirty fifth floor. Yeah, and I took the elevator fifteen times since I've been here. Never once did it stop to pick up anybody else going up or down.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was in the elevator by myself every single time. I was like, that's weird, right, But I guess it's because they said the younger generation doesn't really drink, yeah, and they don't really gamble, so why would they come to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had great dinner last night.
Speaker 3: Don't get me started. That's where I always make my money back.
Speaker 1: Can Yeah, well it's my face. So they opened So Susan and I our favorite restaurant in the world is a place in London called jim Kna, and they opened one here in Vegas. And when I saw it, I called producer Tara and I was like, can.
Speaker 4: We can we please get in?
Speaker 3: And I think it took a little finagling, but we did.
Speaker 2: And it's Jim Conna's at the Aria. It was magical Indians, such good Indian food, such good Indians.
Speaker 4: Loved it.
Speaker 2: I ordered for the table, did you Yeah, that was You're the one who ordered.
Speaker 4: That was my ordering, okay.
Speaker 2: Tara told me when I sat down, because we were late, we had to go get more buddies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: And so we sat down and Tara gave me the rundown that the waiter had given you guys about how to you know, all the different sections and how many to order for each, And I was like, all right, we got to get the show on the road. I am starving. Can I just place an order? So I went through went through. You know, I knew everybody wanted buttered chicken. I knew we needed some of the tikas, wanted to get some sagpaneers. So yeah, I thought that was really good. Everything had a bit of spice. And Freddy, who I think was the manager Jim Conna, who walked around and kept asking us how we were doing. A couple of times he mentioned it's gonna be spicy, embrace it.
Speaker 1: It wasn't I that on a level of one to ten, that was like a two on spice for me. That was like that was nothing. Really, Yeah, that was not.
Speaker 3: Unless I'm drenched in sweat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not spicy to me like it should if a super spicy meal.
Speaker 3: To me, it looks like I just went swimming.
Speaker 4: So funny, I don't sweam.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we need to like mop my brow. That's the kind of spice.
Speaker 1: That I Okay, So everyone was like we're here with Angel and Tony and everyone's like, this is spicy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is not all not all.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't spicy enough for me. That made me feel like I couldn't eat it, Like I would still put it at a four or five. But but yeah, but but Jensen loves spice, and Jensen was like, I think this is a six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this that's incorrect.
Speaker 1: So I understand he just has a different scale, a different scale. And I'm not chili head by any like, I'm not that person who's like give me you know, I'm not, but I do put holopenios on everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you just have lost your taste, buds.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is, is the thirty five years of smoking. It just made my mouth teflon.
Speaker 4: I think that is the problem. Did you order a dessert?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did not either, which is so rare for me.
Speaker 1: They got something, uh, Tara got something which was like the three ice creams as a sorbet, and I guess the best one was lime coconut.
Speaker 4: Oh really, not the sacond guy, So it was fine.
Speaker 3: I don't like coconut.
Speaker 2: Did anybody get the tear massou? There's a tear massou and it was a tear masoux. Yeah, not you know with u f Yeah, but love me sometime.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was really good. I'm glad we got to go there. Well, I hope you have a safe drive home.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be an with.
Speaker 4: All my buddies.
Speaker 3: Eleven wrestlers with me. I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My kids were very sad when I asked them if I could borrow them.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't have asked.
Speaker 3: Why would you ask?
Speaker 2: I know, but here's so. Here was the conversation I had with out there. He was like, please don't take my buddies. They're mine, and I said, okay, Well, first of all, technically we bought them for you, and so even though we bought them for you and they are yours, we could borrow them. You get to borrow our stuff all the time. And he was like, what what do I borrow of yours? And then I was kind of like, crap, what does he borrow? I don't know my phone? Yeah, exactly, there you go, thank you. I didn't think of that, and so I was like, ahler, please, it's just for a couple of nights, I think, you know, I want to be able to hang out with the buddies, and we're gonna put them on the couch with the wrestlers. And then apparently he cried the first he had to sleep without his buddies.
Speaker 3: Without John especially right, I heard it about John Cena.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without John Cena.
Speaker 2: By the way, these aren't their lovies, you know, these aren't.
Speaker 4: They don't usually huddle with them.
Speaker 2: They're just on their bed with other stuffies. But he's really making a big deal about it.
Speaker 1: So, well, what I'm gonna do is I'm going to drive. So you know, I rented a car because again I only have a wife and I have one car, so she's gonna pick me up at the rental place and we'll drive right to your house and drop them off.
Speaker 4: Okay, that'll be our first thing, the first thing you did.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 4: They'll be happy.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping the John Cena though, until I get some money from Adler.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just start sending him back piece by piece.
Speaker 4: I did then say.
Speaker 2: To Outler when he was so upset by it, I said, okay, you know what, that's all right, that's no problem. From now on, you can just buy all your own stuff and then we won't borrow it. And he was like what And I was like, yeah, no, it's fine, just you.
Speaker 3: You're right, you are never too young to learn concept.
Speaker 2: Whenever you want it, whenever you have money and you want something, and then in the meantime, we just won't buy you anything else, and then that way we won't borrow it. And he was like, no, it didn't make any difference.
Speaker 3: Right here, take this here.
Speaker 4: I was hoping he was going to no, Nope, he was.
Speaker 5: Just like, I still don't want you to take him, and I want you to buy me everything.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Well, he's six fourteen, six, right, Gotchase.
Speaker 4: Kids are growing up fast, I know, well, drive safe. I'll see you back at home. I'll see you home for another Podmeets World.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Podmeets World and this Vegas Week. As always, you can follow us on Instagram Pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com. And we've got merch merch brothers.
Speaker 1: That's a guy, right, yeah, okay cool.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 1: Podmets World is Myheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfordell and Ryder Strong executive producers Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddie Moore.
Speaker 3: Engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com