Speaker 1: This is Matt Barnes. You're listening to All the Smoke before you dive in. If you want to listen to uninterrupted episodes, you can unlock ad free listening right now with the subscription of Black Effects Plus. Just click to subscribe at the top of the All the Smoke Show page on Apple Podcasts. Four teams, one of them definitely Ain't Dallas. One goal to make it out to Vegas in a few short weeks.
Speaker 2: With our eyes on the prize, We've teamed up with DraftKings, an official partner of the NFL.
Speaker 1: Right now, new customers can bet just five dollars and get two hundred dollars bonus bets instantly, Yes, instantly.
Speaker 2: Download the DraftKings app now and sign up using promo code Smoke for your shot at the Crown.
Speaker 1: Bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly.
Speaker 3: Wondering what you can use your two hundred dollars in bonus bets on.
Speaker 2: Combine multiple bets together from the same game for a shot in an even bigger payout.
Speaker 1: Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now, New customers, do you the promo code smoke. Bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. That's promo code smoke only a Draft Kings sports book. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, all the smoke, Jack go ahead, a good New York run. Were back in La. We got round two with one of our favorites.
Speaker 3: Man were in the building. That's all I know.
Speaker 1: He was on the Purple casch last time. Yeah, legs up, legs up. He don't like this this setup, he elevated.
Speaker 4: Man, I want y'all to have your own chair. Man. Step up, y'all, y'all too brown to be sharing a motherfucking chair. I don't even feel like I on the camera. That's sucked up. You niggas got me squeezed up. Man, I don't got the best this. I don't like this. This ain't jo spot Nigga squeeze. Put that nigga on the end. We just smoke nigga, nigga, nigga, all the smoke. Nigg We wanted to show about the slop squeeze that nigga down at the edge of the table, so if he turned any way, wrong. He's gonna fall Matt in the middle. Motherfucker.
Speaker 1: First of all, you want to wish baby girl doing hope she's doing better, all.
Speaker 4: The prayers and all the love. You know, I'm a private kind of person, but my baby girl, she's like she's she's like me, So she wants the world to know what she's going through. And you know, that's what I love about her is that she's our own individual and she's got to follow on. The people who love her will support her like us. Yeah, exactly, So whatever she's going through, she loved to put it out there and let people know whatever she's going through out. I'm blessed have that from her, that she's not secretive and she's putting it out there because that's how you get help.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely we're playing for her, Wishing the best. Underdogs. Amazon Prime drops in January twenty sixth st Mike Epps, George Lopez, directed by Charles Stone, who did Paint in full and Drumline. Talk to us about your new movie coming out.
Speaker 4: The Underdogs. I play a retired football player, All Star, Top five wide receiver of all time, like I would have been in real life, but shot back into reality catch a case, got to slide back to the hood, do some community service, and you know, thinking I'm taking the easy ride out. I see some kids, I'm like, let me just gonna coach these kids and take the easy route. But I end up learning a lesson I end up teaching. I end up finding my old community values that I've separated from, which happens when we become successful because we deal with the pressures of the hood. Expect so much from you when you make it, so we just run away from the hood. Character that I play is forced to go back to the hood, and when he goes back, he learns the most important lesson of his life is that family, community and always staying rooted is the most important thing. So he's not me. But I love the fact that I could play a character that was close but not close to me.
Speaker 1: This new generation the kids is talking slick. They talking slick to you on there.
Speaker 4: Say man, Matt, you got Matt, you got boys, you got a basketball team full of boys. You've been with him for a long time. They ain't just start talking like that, and it's swagger. It's not even the vulgarness of what used to be when we were kids. It's the swagger that comes with you know, you make a good move on the football field of the basketball court. Motherfucker. Yeah, Ni, that's not vulgar like. And people have to appreciate the fact that this new generation they expressed themselves a little bit differently than we did, and when we was young, they had a problem with the way we expressed ourselves. Don't forget that part when we was the youngsters, that they gave us the same flag that old men give these junctions. We need to let them be young.
Speaker 3: I respect to get.
Speaker 1: You said you wanted to find mister streams. The music business is fucked up. Owes you some money? Is there similar problems? I mean, obviously your game is transitioned not only to music now in television film. They find similar issues in streaming movies or is a little different.
Speaker 4: It's the same situation, but the strike has created a whole new pathway to it. But I feel like by it being streamed, there's a certain cutoff from what you can get box office. There's no limit to what they can do because a box office can go one hundred three hundred five hundred million a billion, but a stream Okay, I got you watch the motherfucker for eighteen billion hours? How much fucking money is that? And it's based on hours, it's based on things that you can't actually calculate, so definitely, But if you really think about it, more people are sitting at home watching movies in the convenience of their living room or wherever they are, then in the theaters until you put out a theatrical release that demands for everyone to go watch that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Agree, explain us and our viewers just the streaming and why it's so messed up in music.
Speaker 4: But it's so messed up in music is because the era that I come from is physical. So we had cassettes CDs, right, So if a CD sold for ten ninety nine, the label would get six you would get a dollar or whatever. So if it's sold a million, you know you made a million dollars. Now streaming it's point zero zero zero, zero point whatever, half of a fucking penny to get per one thousand streams. So nigga get a million streams, you got thirteen thousand dollars. Damn. It's like it's not adding up, and it's like it's no physical component to it. Because I may stream three of stacked songs and not even hear his whole fucking album, but I streamed it a billion times. But is that any good for him when he goes to do a show and nobody knows those other seven songs and he's standing up there looking stupid as fuck, thinking he got a billion strings, but don't nobody know the mother songs. So it's a disconnect, you feel, I'm saying. So I'm trying to put the connect back into it as far as like, give me some asters. There's some artists like Larrussell hit me, Nephew said, uh, I know how to get the bag, holler at me. I'm like, yeah, I like that. Keep that. That's for the youngsters. I'm gonna get with you on that, but I need to find something for the oh g's like, yeah, they gonna get y'all the game, but they gonna push us to the side. You know how they do the vets yep, you know, we don't know nothing about right.
Speaker 3: It's good to see you talking about the best.
Speaker 2: It's good to see what they did for Facing and rock him down to Houston hip Hop fifty give him their cash and on and them.
Speaker 3: I think that was good for them.
Speaker 2: They both had some some health battles and they both came up out of it. So for what Hip Hop fifty did for their own I think that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: But you got to take care of yourn't know, Jack, you got to set an example. We do it privately. I've done it many years with so many artists that needed help, that needed physical and financial help. It's not a public thing for me. I'm not gonna say I helped him now, But when they did that publicly, that's what it's supposed to be. Because now the young generation respect your elders because you making all this money, not that you have to, but if you love this rapper and respect this rapper, you see he's down on his luck. He may need some money, but he has pride. He can't even ask you because he used to be you. But you have enough man, and you to say, uncle, I'm gonna throw you something. There's been many times where me and fifty cent together have called some of r OG's and put bags on him, and Og like, oh man, we ain't trying to hear that shit. We know you need hear nigga, that's what he gotta be. But that's who we are. That's who me and fifty is. I can't speak for everybody else, but if any og that me and him respect, it doesn't happened a couple of times. That's why I can bring his name up. I don't have to say the person or the people, but he feel like I feel if it's an og that needed, that's down, that don't know how to ask for it, you don't think twice I put it in, they're like, oh, fifty, just I'm like, damn, nigga beat me to it. Hold on, like you beat me to the donation. Po, nigga, hold on, we want to donate together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goddamn right.
Speaker 1: We just had Big Boy not too long and he shared the story that is rolling, kind of rolling after the fact after we was laughing, but he said, you almost had a real accident with.
Speaker 4: This nigga tried to kill me. Explain what that's that, big boy? When he wasn't in shape?
Speaker 1: Big boy, real quick, did you see the story we had with the two guns underneath the stomach?
Speaker 4: No, had your guns up under his stomach? Finish your story. So this nigga, he been fucking with me for years. It's my love him to death. So I'm fucking with y'all talking about him like this, but I love him. This is my nigga, right, So he fucking with me every year, snoop my birthday. Man, I got a birthday. When is your birthday? Came? It's except old nigga, I coached football. I don't leave my kids, Nigga. I love you and your birthday, but fuck you, nigga. Them kids more important. So he just keep telling me it's his birthday. His birthday. So one year, his birthday fall on a day where it ain't no game and the football is on palls for this week, d we made it to the playoffs or something. I'm like, all right, nigga, I'm gonna do it for you, cuz send me that motherfucking He got a sprinter van and he was riding in, but it was like a handicap van that he is hooked up. Send me that motherfucking handicap van. You be riding in, nigga with the beat in the back boom. We at the house waiting. I got about fifteen homies with me. A van pull up. It ain't the one that he be in. It's a real nigga niggas in the window with the helmet on bus one of them. I'm like, you want to ride? So I'm like, fuck it, We're gonna get in cause let's roll. We jump in. Soon as we get in there, I'm like, I smell gas. I'm like real gas, nigga like Chevron like seventy six our car. So nigga, like, nigga, don't you dare blakee nigga. I said, nigga, don't nobody smoke nothing. I'm I'm smart nigga. I'm like, nigga, I smell gas. Nigga. No, don't nobody smoke nothing. I tell all of them, give me the lighters. Take all the lighters, put them in the bag, put them in the back. Boom. We ride, Nigga all while we ride, niggas doing all this nigga. But damn cause it's gas. Nigga woozy. We get to the motherfucking thing nigga and jump out. I don't even cuts big boy out. I just like, uh, look, smell the wool wipp It smell like gas.
Speaker 3: Cuh.
Speaker 4: He get up in there. He smelled. He like, yeah, do smell like gas. I'm gonna let you use my van on the way back. So I'm like cool, So we perform, jump in his van and go back. Nigga, the van we was in that motherfucker blew up. Oh man, it blew up. Nigga. When we got out, like twenty minutes after my house was like an hour and twenty min it so, Nigga, we'd have been in the back blowing up, and this Nigga said, I'm sorry and motherfucker blue all the way up. Nigga, I'm not playing. He got footage of. But Nigga's on full fire, Nigga, like like nobody was getting out of that. It was a handicap you know, the handicap bag, extra locks and everything. Thanks, big boy. I love you.
Speaker 2: Cut If Jenny Buss calls you right now and say snoop, give me your honest opinion on this opinion of the Lakers right now. I don't want you to cut back. Don't hold nothing back. Give me your honest opinion. What I need to do. What would you tell.
Speaker 4: Him, Jenny? You know the cameras right here, you.
Speaker 1: Can talk like.
Speaker 4: Jenny, this is gonna hurt me more than it hurt you. We gonna have to move some furniture. We have to move some furniture real fast, some big pieces of furniture, if you know what I mean. We need to move some furniture around and put some dogs on the court, because anytime a young team comes to town, we freeze up. We can handle the old dogs and the could have water shut us. But when them young goons come to town. Before that, little nigga, John Moran got hurt, God damn who he came back with a vengeance. And now you got them young goons in the league. Come on, Jenny, think about it. What are we built on. Get us some young guns out there. Old dog, you're doing your thing. I'm gonna give yours cud doing this thing. Other niggas. That nigga that look like me, he'd be hitting sometimes and he be missing sometimes. You know that nigga. I'll be talking about twelve. Yeah, that nigga. You can't be looking like Snoop Dogg nigga. Nothing making it, nigga. Jenny, move some furniture around.
Speaker 3: Love you, Jenny, Love you. Hey.
Speaker 2: We see that you deliver recruiting to death row and gave Steph a death row chain.
Speaker 4: Had to to. That's that's the greatest to ever do it. Man, Come on, man, Steph. What I love about Steph not what he does on the court, but what he does off the court. He hit me before they won the ship in the season, it was like, I got this basketball thing I do in the Bay, build a court, come to the community. I want to do it with you in your city. I'm like, Damn, that's dope that you even thought about me like that. So I'm like, only park in my hood. While all the people grew up at his King Park, tough environment, et cetera, et cetera, Steph Curry pulls up, Hello, shows up, shows out information to the kids, share stories of how his struggle is and why he created this, chopping it up with me. Then he gave me the game on how he beat the Celtics. That was Gangston telling me how they was young and they wasn't ready and how certain things that they did and how they just I'm a coach too, so I like hearing all of this mental breakdown how he went out there and did that and how they won that ship. And then when he said something to me about legacy, I had to give him a change because it felt like he and his legacy and me and my legacy together is something that my hood needed to see. The need to see two great people that made it come back and be touchable.
Speaker 2: Come on, Man, being touchable means so much the kids in our neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Man that nigga was there before me. Man stuff pulled up, Man in the city, Man in the on the east side, Man King Park. What the greats have walked?
Speaker 2: That's on the Clippers in the new arena. Where you think the direction they're going.
Speaker 4: Hope they break bread. I'm a nigglehood. I need a few dollars. You got your story down there, right. I mean it's all business and I love mister Ooma for what he does community wise, like he's real active in the city of Inglewood before the stadium is built. I'm a businessman, Laker fan, businessman Lakers for life. But we got to get the bag.
Speaker 1: You saw that section they have where you can only be a Clipper fan and they tell when you stand, when you clap what color you're wearing. You can't sell your tickets to know other people. It's like a theme I think they got from soccer overseas. But it's a whole wall where you have to be a Clipper fan to sit in that bitch.
Speaker 4: Well, it's gonna be kind of empty in that. Remember when they used to sell Clipper tickets for three dollars on the floor Them days is long. That's what the nigga with the Jerry Carroll was on the team like, yeah that they didn't got rid of Clipper Daryl too. That's fucked up. That's fucked up. The nigga went painting his car in his house, the whole house. Everything ain't got knocked out. Oh man, security, dis Clipper Daryl, Come on home man. The Lakers would never do you like that. Come on home man. Flip that ship man, easy pay job, flipp.
Speaker 1: It easy, easy security to beat you up.
Speaker 4: I'm Clipper Daryl, got that knocked it out.
Speaker 1: The snoop got something that painted for you too on the house.
Speaker 4: They would never do Laker fans like that. They did, he man, and they ran the clip back over and over on TMC. Harvey up there with his drinking his hem so earlier today, big Clipper fan Clipper Daryl found out he's really not a Clipper fan.
Speaker 3: Mother no respect.
Speaker 2: Rodney dangerfielder, nigga, what's up with your Steelers what's next.
Speaker 4: Fore we need to move some furniture, same routine, you know. Uh, I just felt like the lead league is moving forward right, the play calling and the speed and the dogs and the youthfulness is missing. You can't compete unless you got that last four teams that's left got all of that everything. I just said, it's dogs out there. Some of them niggas is young, like it's their first time. So it's not about veterans. It's about having those dogs who want to win together as a unit. That's what the team is about. Like with the different nuggets right switching to basketball, them niggas was dogs last year. I didn't believe it when I was watching niggas, sorry cubs from Canada and cubs from overseas, we feel knocked them. Them niggas swept us. When did that? And when I watched them live with my own two eyes, I'm like, Oh, they are real unit. They care about each other. Them niggas fuck with each other. They team and they're young and they get down with each other. Like they not just show up to the game one at a time. No, the niggas may pull up to the game together. You feel what I'm saying it's come on, jacket, you gotta have that feel about you if you want to win matters.
Speaker 1: And I feel like too. I mean, I think on both sides. I think really in basketball, but to me, it's it's less about the X and o's and the old way of ruling and more about how you can communicate with these guys and make them understand and believe to go down to their level and help bring them up to where you're trying to take them. So I think it's kind of out with the old ways. You know, all due respect, Belichick is one of the greatest to ever do it, but I think the game has kind of caught them, you know what I mean. I love I think, but I kind of think the game has caught him. So it's more about these young innovative coaches, different kind of play calls, and again relating to your players, which brings me to say, shout out Antonio Pierce.
Speaker 4: Man got that rat's job. Man. They gave it to him. Yeah, got it, good ship. He deserved it. The players with the locker room was an uproar niggas talk about.
Speaker 1: The best players that he wants out.
Speaker 4: So I mean, kJ wash it about Mike Tomlin to do he go out?
Speaker 1: Oh but uh, you know that's what I'm saying the players that he made the players believe he spoke their language. You know what I mean, UNTI, because again it's you always need structure. But I feel like it's more about relating to players on all levels now than it is actually coaching.
Speaker 4: The hardest part about coaching that I found is relinquishing power, right because when you win the Super Bowl, you want to be the head coach that hoisting that trophy. But if you notice the super Bowl coaches that win, the head coaches, why the next year or two, they offensive coordinators get a job somewhere else, and they defensive coordinators get a job somewhere else, as opposed to stand down in this system right here. To become the head coach one day is to get him out of here, send them to a sorry ass team, make him look like he can't coach. Now, he's going to keep winning because he's got the main ingredient, the quarterback and the players and anybody can sort of kind of plug and play with the system.
Speaker 3: That they pop do.
Speaker 4: Come home. It's this this coaching. I'm learning this from being a coach and just watching the system to marry go around, how it go down, and how when one of my head coaches that's in the NFL got dropped Boop, they dropped him. I hate him. On FaceTime, Nigga wasn't sad at all. Nigga was like, Oh yeah, I'm trying to see what's having with that little job over there down the street from you, And I'm like, okay, it's really a business for them. It ain't like us athletes. How were really worried about? Is the Nigga's gonna sign us? Is the next person gonna pick us up? Remember Lamar Jackson situation when they thirty one of y'all can get action, one of y'all can touch cut. Guess what nobody wanted. I just said that my mama stepped in. Then the black queen, that black queen came and get that agent out of here. You don't know what the fuck he talk. I got this my baby. That is what's gonna happen. You're gonna get my baby, this, this, this, and if you win that motherfucking whole thing, you're gonna rewrite this. Motherfucker. What Patrick Mahomes got he needs.
Speaker 1: Times to.
Speaker 3: And now he's gonna get it because.
Speaker 4: He's a marketing machine, he's a video game cover. He's who the kids want to be. He's more believable than anybody else in the league because we believe we can be him more than anybody. Even though he got all that super speed and all that shit. He come from where we come from, so we feel like we can be him faster than my homes or anybody. No disrespect, but he the one, not the two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since be on quarterbacks, let's stay there. You gave CJ. Stride a lot of love. Spiritual kid, always spread in love and positivity. And you know the person he is showing why he had so much success. You want to talk about him for a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man coach Superfly in my league in the snoop you Football League. That's his you know, Discovery, his kid. They played up under my umbrella put in the snoop you Football League. We played for the same organization, which is Promona Stellers. So I coached the team over him and under him for a couple of years. So I would see him at practice and engage with them. Superfly as one of my friends who became a coach after me. Like most rappers, we followed what someone's doing and then we get great at it and we become better. So flyers, enough standing coach. Now, he coached that kid and showed him the ways of the Snoopy Football League, and that stayed with him. So when he went on to high school and went on the Ohio State and got drafted, he remembered those values and those teachings that would talk to him. And you see it instilled in him when he speaks, when he talks, when he plays, the love that he's getting to respected, he's getting. This is something that's instilled in the kid. So when he becomes a man, it becomes his everyday life. Whatever you put in that baby, it's gonna turn out. And as a man, we didn't put gang banging any when it put go ride for the hood, get tatted up. We put learn this offense, learn this defense, learn what scheming is, learning a playbook, learning your schoolwork, learning how to be respectable, learn to respect your elders, like, learn to respect this life. Now it's up to them to make a decision. Because we give them all that, we don't save them all. In my league, I'll say that it's not always a success story in my league, and some kids we couldn't reach that we couldn't say, but we don't give up on them. It's just it's a form of what we have to go through.
Speaker 3: Try another approach with sir, how good is it feel? You know?
Speaker 2: We look at all the successful athletes that came out to sifil.
Speaker 4: Man to watch that Niner game to watch Romeo Dobbs, Keishaw, Nixon and Leonore from the forty nine ers all make big fucking plays and big monstrous plays. But they've been doing this since they've been there, seen in my league. In my league, at eight years old, you may have a night game at six o'clock with a thousand motherfuckers in the crowd and the pressure is on. So when you're thirteen or fourteen, I'm used to this shit. Then we may fly to Florida and take on the number one team in the nation. Then you may go to Texas the next week and play the number two team in the nation. Then you go to Seattle to play a team with fifteen year olds when they supposed to be eleven. The NFL that ass coach cheatings and you still person so you're setting them up for success. Then it's one week when I was coaching and my head coach got suspended this my defensive coordinator got suspended this week, and we didn't have a game because my league was fucked up because they tried to break my league down and take all the teams out. So I had to go ask a team from another league could I play them. The team from the other league tells me, we'll play you, but your team has to play an older team from our league. We're like, wow, so I can't tell my team, Hey man, you're all going to play against some older white kids. I just say, hey, we finished, we got a game. Who were playing coach snoop. So this team bye bye blah. We get out there. The white boys way bigger than nothing. You could just see they out there like we're goin to kill these guys. My niggas is like, let's go. The game is cracking. Boom boom, boom boom. We lose by like two points. Little homies is crying at the end of the game. I'm like, let me how I put them all together? Nine the leven. Their whole face has changed, and we went on a mission and won the rest of our games and went on a mission like to win it all. Like it takes shit like that to be like, okay, let me throw you all in the fire because I know one day in life when you get on that big stage and the whole world.
Speaker 1: Is washing him being this, that's what I do.
Speaker 4: Juju Juju Smith Schuster last year Super Bowl to play that the flag.
Speaker 3: That's the kid out of my league.
Speaker 4: He do the Zig move Zig brad Bury up Zig. Everybody know the zig route. If you're a dB, you can't be on that route because you're gonna hold He held the flag the Chiefs win. Juju's got a ring. That's another kid from the league with a ring.
Speaker 3: Oh my, who you got in the Super Bowl? As Yeah, black quarterback.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna say that, you know what I'm saying because I love the fact that the league has grown to where we actually have a black quarterback in the Super Bowl all the time now, like last.
Speaker 1: Year was two and I think, what is it almost sixteen fifteen quarterbacks. Don't quote me, but I think it's like fifteen sixteen black quarterbacks now.
Speaker 4: And that's not a racist statement of growth. It's the league's coming that long way, excepting the fact that we're not just run around, cast the ball, tackle somebody. No, we're the smartest guys on the field.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing right there, especially because that's that was the whole thing. Black quarterbacks not smart enough, you know, that was the tag. They're not smart enough to be quarterbacks in the NFL. That's what they used to say.
Speaker 4: Right. But remember when the quarterback that's not black, it's out of the NFL. He'll go get a job. But the IBM corporation is somewhere with their reading numbers and doing all this kind.
Speaker 2: Of straight the Fox for two hundred something meaning like Tom Brady hello, word word right.
Speaker 4: But it's all about positioning, right, What are you going to do with that knowledge that you have? If you acquire the knowledge, it's your job to use that knowledge. You can't keep blaming them, blaming them. If you know they hiring at these corporations for quarterbacks who have that mental then you should be setting up yourself to say, Okay, I'll try out at ESPN and Fox and all these other networks, but I'm going to also go to IBM and these other motherfuckers and googling them because my mind power is stronger than all these geeks that you got in your work. And that's training to be what I am already.
Speaker 3: I got the experience.
Speaker 1: Hello, that's the one thing Cope said. Not to bring cold up. But he was big on the mental side. He's like, we're already trained to be disciplined and priorities in one percent. You cross that mind to the business side. You mean you apply that same kind of mentality, you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: I know Usher has been performed for a long time.
Speaker 2: He got all experience, but you performed in the twenty twenty two Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: An advice you'll give him.
Speaker 4: He don't know. Gonna get that nigga some advice. All the dis That's what I said, all the bits, even the ones that's married. They like my wife. Then went to this nigga show three times. I asked him, why do you keep going to see this nigga? What is he doing different? If you said, it's right up there with the nigga, he's my friend, I'm gonna tell him to kick you out next time. But the nigga got all the women. The nigga can dance, the nigga can roller skate. He looked good and he sound good in real life? How can you take advice when you have all of these things working in your favor, Like, this is the professional that I am. He in Vegas doing the residency, right, that's some Frank Sinatra shit that he doing. That's you dream of doing that. There's only one level up from that, the super Bowl. That is training for the super Bowl. That's preparation for the moment. To understand my engagement with the crowd, what songs they feeling? When do I dance? When do I rollerskape? When do I go ballot? When do I pick it back up? Like as a performer, it's like an athlete, you have to know when to know when, Like it's the first quarter, I ain't finna give you niggas all of me right now. Only I only want eight points and two rebounds. Third quarter, I want about fifteen nine rebounds. Fourth quarter. I may gas you niggas, I may not even sit down. But this is how we train ourselves. Like you guys train yourselves.
Speaker 3: A quarter, you average twenty.
Speaker 4: I'm on Team Greek, I'm usher and the word is on Snoop Dogg. In the Celebrity game that Nigga will put itself back in the game and he don't come out the game.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I've seen it. We've seen it. Fifty rebounds, Nigga, We've seen it. Nigga say, who they take me? No, hold on, look coming out. I ain't coming out a home. You gotta come out.
Speaker 1: This dude showed up late to a legend of the game with uh with game remember them. Yeah, Nigga came to the second quarter high socks Chucks with the high top Chucks. High Top Chucks, came in there, bro put work in for one quarter in and left dep So yeah, it just just came show his face real quick, in and out because mad out there really hooping, like trying to go.
Speaker 4: A couple of boys give me that out of ain't got need a bucket. I need another one because I need to be on TMZ or something another one. I'm start to what in free shoes that nigga Quito man, that Nigga makes some sweet ass shoes. I ran off with the motherfuckers ran off with the blood twice that it was funny.
Speaker 1: Speaking of obviously Usher and him performing in this year's Super Bowl, what was it like to perform at home, uh with with family and and just something that was legendary.
Speaker 4: You know what. I was more into Doctor Dre than me. I was more about making sure that that's that's just the protector that I am. Like I protect the house. You know what I'm saying, Like I protect the house to make sure that the king look good. You feel what I'm saying. If you notice, I didn't do no Snoop Dogg songs, not one song out of my catalog. It wasn't necessary. What's gonna make the king look right? Let the king drive? It's better when Doctor Dre and the driver seating Snoop Dogg in the passenger, see h and switches looking out the window, no facts. You know what I'm saying, Like, you ain't gonna be right if I'm over here with this nigga holding the wheel and shit, we arguing over the wheel. Nigga, let me drive. I know how to play my position. I ain't got on no seatbelt, but I'm in the shot.
Speaker 2: When you get asked to host the Olympics, and you get you got to ask to host the Olympic in Paris, what is that detail?
Speaker 4: When I get asked to host the Olympics. That to me, that goes into Okay, this is a professional gig. How do you hone your skills and how do you be on your best to where they'll want to bring you back again. They want to bring you here because you have something that's missing, But how can you add on that without fucking that up? Like not coming in, overdoing it, trying to pour too much sauce on it. But they won't snoop though, So that's what I'm gonna do. But at the same time, I'm gonna go do some research on some of these sports and these events. Learn some lingo, ready some slam. So when I'm out there, it look good, it feel good. I may pick up an animal or two while I'm out there. It's a product to make my precision, you know, percise, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's all about the whole. Get down. I got a whole. I'm from the seventies, man, and anytime I watch things in the seventies that I always had coordination to it. All of the players, they cars would match their outfits, they girls dresses would be the same, and their home would be decorated the same way. So I'm thinking like that, like, how do I bring all of this shit that I got to the Olympics. Keep it clean but keeping me.
Speaker 1: Speak to you on Kevin Heart's chemistry with.
Speaker 4: That Kevin Hard shout out to Care for bringing me into the equation. As far as saying, Snoop, come do this Olympic thing with me at my spot. It'll be a good look, I'm like, fuck it, I believe in you care if you know what I'm saying, you little motherfucker. You got Lol, nigga, let's go. It's show company. Let me help you blow your shit up and bring your shit. So I go fuck with him and just shooting the Shit's what we do. But niggas don't know. I'm a lightweight comedian. It's what I do. So we back and forth, we do the shit we do in this moments that become like Instagram reels and people playing them and they becoming viral.
Speaker 3: Like the hors Crib Walk exactly.
Speaker 4: And people seeing it and they remember them. Executives are seeing it too, so they watching like, shit, maybe we got to move that nigga at the mono leagues and bring that nigga appeal with these big boys. He hitting Grand slams down there. That's how I look at So it's like, okay, when the majors call you up, I don't want to have no slumping first week, nigga.
Speaker 1: I want to have a moment out the gates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this nigga got seventeen steals and fourteen home runs and three nigga's amazing.
Speaker 1: We talked just the other day about, you know, some stuff we got coming and want to come correct and get down. So you know, we got our own stuff now, which we're really excited about all the smoke production shot, our DraftKings, but we definitely got to play for you to come suited and booty and come talk to your shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm into it. You know, I'm always about innovation. And I love the fact that y'all took y'all ship from where y'all from that little garage to where y'all got it at now. Like now, I ain't trying to be funny. I'm just fact that nigga the g G N started in the fucking garage, nigga. So I respect that garage game because it teaches you how to be a little more home to the grind. It is like and if you think back, y'all probably didn't got a little soft since y'all left the garage.
Speaker 1: Y'all in the garage, you niggas was, I wouldn't say something was definitely Richard.
Speaker 4: You richer nigga. But I don't mean no disrespect, but I mean by like y'all when y'all was in that motherfucking garage deck anything goes Now, it's like, Okay, let's look at our interviews. Who's going to be honest these questions that let's have our senses together. Y'all used to be like that motherfucker like, yeah, nigga, so uh yeah, nigga, So what do you think about Yeah, nigga, go back and look at y'all. Boss nigga. Remember I'm a fan none of this shit, Nigga. I ain't just on here to be on here with owners now, that's what I'm saying. Nigga, say, y'all gotta think about the other side. It's like, okay, right when I was on Death Row Records as an artist, I had a different mentality. I didn't give a fuck about the business and the branding and none of that shit. Nigga. I want to be the dopest rapper in the world. Where'm I show money at nigga? And you know what I'm saying? Who think they can get some? But as a businessman on death row records, I have to look out for the artists, the business, the reality of the approach of death row. Is it friendly? Is it is it scary like it used to be? Or is it happy when you see it? Is it approachable? Is it marketable? Is it global? Like? I have to think about that instead of let me sign this nigga from over here, who don't like these niggas from over here, right yeah, and then let me go sign this nigga from over here who don't like these niggas over here. Now, then put myself in a triangle trying to keep death Row true to what it was built on. It was built on that, but it's gonna live on this to success. What is the goal?
Speaker 1: What is the I mean, obviously tremendous, sun. I remember you telling me years ago and be I'm gonna get death row. He was telling me that shit seven eight nine when he was doing the football games together. I'm gonna get death row watched and you got it. I mean, what is it obviously first and FoST congratulations, But what does it mean?
Speaker 4: What's the goal?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a big fan of October London, like what's happening with death Row?
Speaker 4: Difference difference between before and now. We have levels and layers like October London. Like you said, Jane Hancock, I'm r and B. Let's give them a different sound or different look in the beginning. And we have movies and pictures and projects that were working on clothing line, jewelry, Happy Dad, death Row, fucking beerd that we got that's selling everywhere, Like I'm trying to make that shit. Everywhere you look, you see death Row because it has to be that, because it's system. It's one of the most interesting brands that was ever created, and it never followed through. It was only known for what you know it for. You can always say the sug Tupac, Snoop, doctor Dre and blah blah this and that. Where's the business. There's no business. There was no business there. It's like there's no It's made a lot of money, but did niggas touch a lot of money? The neat thing happened out of that. That's still living. Only thing that's still living is the ip. That's why when I bought it, I knew that was important to protect that and to clean up all of the shit that was connected to it when I bought it, because it was a lot of shit that was connected to it, because of the people that was handling it. They were just working with anybody, and I'm like, no, clean that shit up. I'm starting from scratch. Everybody that was good that was with death Row when I bought it, they'll still come with me because they love death Row and they all family. Any motherfucking way. All the ones that was bad that didn't cut them niggas off. Un Let's build a new team of strong, powerful, smarter people smarter than me, people who have jobs and have sold things and have worked in this business for years and have a resume stronger than mine. So when I say I have a cast of employees, my employees resume make me look like I'm the dumbest nigga on the team.
Speaker 1: The Death Row documentary, can you tell us anything about that? Who we might catch on that?
Speaker 4: Yep, we've been shooting at Antoine Fuqua has been shooting at me and Harryo. We like the the main focal pieces to it all, you know, and then you have all of the ensemble cast of members who participated Lady of Rage.
Speaker 3: Corrupt rb X playing themselves. This is just the documentary.
Speaker 4: But what's gonna happen? Though? Jack, I'm glad you said that someone is going to give us a Death Row series. I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I started acting. So think about your boy. If you need an extra.
Speaker 4: Something, really look at my nigga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my nick close, my don't get fitted say that.
Speaker 1: Then any new solo projects coming out on the on the label.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in the lab with Doctor Dre right now working on.
Speaker 3: That's what we're waiting on. Yeah, I was hoping he say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Death Row after Math. So we're finishing up there right now, tightening up the pieces to that. You know, he's a perfectionist, so.
Speaker 1: You got a timeframe on that.
Speaker 4: Let me fuck you ever real quick. The nigga called me one day about two years ago. It's like, nigga, come on for let me do a couple of songs, which I'm like, all right. So I get over there, like, nigga, let me do your album. I'm like, all right, let's go. It's gonna take me about two weeks. All right, fucking let's go. We go in knock out a couple of songs. He hit me back, I need two more days. I need two more days. I got that call probably about eighty five times. This nigga needs two.
Speaker 3: More days all the time, perfection.
Speaker 4: But when you hear what we have and how he got me rapping, and it's like a grown Snoop dog, it's not like the year. It's a growth to him. It's the way he selects his bars, just the way he uses his voice. It's the way he like he I'm talking about me like it's a third party. More for this nigga used me like a fucking robot. And I love it because I love to be produced. I love to be challenged. I hate when a motherfucker just take it for granted that I'm working with Snoop. Here's the beat, make a song, and I may say some bullshit because I go through bullshit. I may be rapping about some shit I said a long time ago, or shit that you don't want to hear. But if I'm being produced, we're creating this piece together, and this shit is masterful because my voice is a part of your music. It is actually an instrument as opposed to we're just bouncing around the track. Use my voice like a fucking instrument. Let me be a part of the music. So when you hear Dreyan Snoop, you always this is what you're gonna learn. Every song that you've ever heard from Dry and Snoop, my voice is never on top. It's always in there because it's an instrument. So that's what he's doing. He's using me as an instrument right now to create this masterful album. Can we hear something after I bang a couple for your sir, give.
Speaker 1: Me some thirty years what you said, clothes mouth, don't get him trying to tell you Doggie style thirty years. Congratulations, First and foremost quick story.
Speaker 4: High school.
Speaker 1: That's my freshman year of high school. My little home white, my little white homeboy. Jeff, Jeff, you met Jeff?
Speaker 4: I met that motherfucker I'm like I met.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He bought that album three times. His mom took it from all three.
Speaker 4: Times, the real motherfucker homeboy. Mom.
Speaker 1: Hey, he would thrash his parents room looking for that ship.
Speaker 4: Bro. He bought that ship three times. Dog. I could just hear him now, Matt fucking mom took my cassette fucking again. But don't worry, I'm going to buy another one.
Speaker 1: But anyway, man, happy thirty years.
Speaker 4: Talk to us about that. There we go, see how we merchandising and ship were marketing and Brandon that's a little top.
Speaker 1: Ashton had the jacket like that. Remember you said asking two of the jackets.
Speaker 4: Like that now but Doggie style right thirtieth anniversary. That made me feel good that people still love that record after so long. But when I listened to it, I'm like, damn, that shit sound and it sounds so good, like the way it come on in the bathtub, and it really feel like a nigga sitting in the tub and the homies ring the doorbell on and come over and then kick off with George Clinton and Rage and jin and Juice and like it's a fucking movie. Like Doctor Dre really produced the fuck out of me. But we was hanging out so tough at that time. We was riding together, We was we did everything together. So imagine two niggas with no wives doing their thing, working on the out. So he was learning me and figuring me out and learning the things that I love because whenever I would ride with him in the car, I would always put a cassette in and there would be some old school shit playing, and whatever that shit was would become a song just because either I would start singing some shit off of it, or he would be like, Nigga, who was that?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 4: That's the dramatics. Oh, Nigga, we fucking with that like that kind of shit. So that's what this record reminds me of the brotherhood that me and Dre created that still exists to this day, as far as him trusting in this young nigga from Long Beach and saying, I'm finna produce your next record like I did Easy Ease, Doc's, n WA's Michelle A, anything I ever touched, Nigga, it go go gadget. Oh and we just did the chronic by the way, if that ain't proof, so I need you to be you, Snoop be raw as fucked. Two songs is freestyles, no writing, just raw Mike check, Mike check one two finish the ship. Wo wo wo. All right, let me do. Let me go write it now, Nigga write it. Nigga's already done. That's what that is. So when I think of this record, all the memories of me being young fresh dope and having somebody like Doctor dre be young fresh and don't too.
Speaker 3: It's a crazy mixed.
Speaker 4: Up you know where I got that from? The dog? I got that from a song called If it Ain't One Thing, It's Another Richard dimple Feels, which was Betty Wright's artist. He had a song where it says that it's a crazy mixed up world. It's a doggy dog world. What half of that? He know how that should go? It's a dog everybody talk is back running game on this and that. Then and then I got that from that and told Doctor Drake I want the Dramatics to sing that right there, and the Dramatics knew it and they put that motherfucker right in and then whoop right into dogg.
Speaker 3: Like it was they shit, that's like good they sound see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And niggas wasn't in it, taking other nigga shit, old school niggas. Oh, they don't like that. You tell the old school nigga man, I need you to sing nigga, I ain't singing that nigga shit, My own shit. Nigga can't right for me. Hey man, I ain't asking him right, I just need you to say, Nigga, I ain't singing that nigga the Dramatics. I got footage with me and them niggas on on the side of the bus. Nigga in Detroit, nigga. I called them niggas. It was snowing. I had this badass record. I said, ooh, I got a record for y'all, unc and this when they was mad at each other because you know, they ain't got hot after my record and shit, So you know when niggas got hot. Theydne made two dramatic groups, Want with him as the lead singer, Want him just like a temptationous nigga. This shit is real. I call them niggas. Them niggas like pull the bus up on the side of something something some street. So I pulled a tour bus up on the side. We got the studio on the back. First nigga. Pull up. Ron Banks, he come in. What's up, nephew, what you need me to sing? I'm like, all right, Ron, we're gonna we got this shit in the back there every lady. Now he going to back. Then l J. Reynolds come like ten minutes later, he look and see Ron in the back Poppy Champagne. When you ready for a real motherfucker to sang, I'll be up here waiting on you. I'm like, damn, these niggas really intoying. So the nigga come off the back and Ryan look at him, and they looking at each other like they finna argue, and one of the homies then put a cigarette in motherfucking l J rentallds Champagne. Nigga lost his mind. We ended up not doing the song. They got in an argument, he left, he stayed, he was singing off key. It was just the worst shit ever.
Speaker 3: I wasn't making that video though.
Speaker 4: That video world, Yeah, what niggas don't know where is Ricky Harris came up with that treatment rest of Peace. He had that treatment for Lottie Donnie. But Doctor dre flipped in it into doggy dog world. And I didn't know none of them niggas. I mean, I knew him as a fan, but I didn't know how they get in touch with all of them seventies stars that I grew up loving and watching. So Doctor dran all of them, pulled the switch and got them all there and I sat next to Ron O'Neill, Rudy Ray Moore, Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, and Tony O. Farkus. When I sat next to all them men and we chopped it up, rerun, Nigga, mean, rerun was pop Like, nig You gotta understand I'm a seventies baby, because this was the greatest shit ever could have been a video with my favorite motherfuckers. And they knew who I was. That's all I cared about. They knew who the fuck I was. Like, Damn, I can't believe they know who I am. Like nothing else mattered to me, but damn cud they know who I am. That's how young I was in my mind. Like when I was at the video, I wasn't even tripping. I was just in full character the little acting we did in the beginning. I remember when I told Ricky Hares, I said, yeah, when my bitches walk up, I'm gonna snap my fingers twice and the bitch is just gonna disappear by moose And they said, yeah, yeah, yeah, cat Daddy, that's some pivot right there. But me and Ricky, this is my nigga, this is my childhood buddy. So me and him used to always be in characters, so we love shit like that. And he was like, yeah, nigga, do it, snap your fingers twice and make the bitches leave. And I did it. I walked up and yeah, hey, hey, hey, cat daddy, Hey, what's going on? The bitch is just left? Yeah? Man, you know it was just I'm like, nigg I'm living my life right now.
Speaker 1: A lot of times athletes entertainers the transition, there's a struggle, and I think more than ever now it's more about the business. I feel like when me and Jack came up, and when you first came up, like you said, you were just an artist. It wasn't assal he talked about, you know, the type of business shit. It was just about go get your checks and then you know, go do what you want to do with it. As someone who's been able to transition and really as big as you've ever been with all due respect still which is not due respect, that's great. What would you tell someone that is trying to understand the athletes so to speak, the entertainer so that's going to transition into business.
Speaker 4: I think you got to learn what business that you're after and starting honing that skill now, just like you did with your entertainment skill and your athletic skills, you have to practice at it. You have to learn about it and learn how to be great at it. And the same goes into business. Like I don't just get deals because I can talk shit good. I really know business, and I really studied and I really understood it. And then I go acquire the knowledge and get so good to where I have a demand, and then I can hire people to help me, so the demand ain't so much on me, it's just me being created. So what I say is you got to really work hard at knowing the business and knowing what business you want to do, because all business is not for you. You know, everybody's not gonna be an analyst when they finished doing sports. Everybody's not gonna be able to translate into podcasts, and some people are gonna translate into you know, behind the scenes or doing other things. You just got to figure out what that thing is. I didn't know that I would be a fucking football coach with a football league and making kids music and doing all the things I'm doing. But I had to take that choice on making a decision on this is a business that I think I can attack that I could be good at and it's not much of a risk. It's a lot of reward. I'm gonna try this.
Speaker 1: Brodest Foods partnership with master P called him been in business for about thirty plus. Now what does he mean to you? And what is Brodest Foods?
Speaker 4: Master P is probably the smartest businessman I've ever met, because he taught me the most important lesson of it all marketing and branding yourself and product product. Don't talk back and out wigs talent, because talent only can take you so far. But how much product have you been buying since she was a kid? That you still buy? And it has no talent connected to it has no celebrity pushing it up promoting, and you just stuck on buying this certain shit that you've been buying, whether it's cereal, ice cream, potato chips, it's a brand that you fucking feel acquainted with. Nigga, go get me some ruffles, Nigga, get them to Ritos. Now it's like, nah, go get that broadest foods. You feel what I'm saying like teaching a whole new system because this shit is good. It ain't just like a nigga just throwing some ghetto shit out. Master Peaches made some fake ass fruit loops and put some sugar on them and wants you to eat them. Nah, nigga, this shit is certified nigga for real, for real. This nigga know he's shit. That's what I love about him is that he learns the business before he does the business. You can't goofpoof him. He ain' you ain't finna, no loopholes none. He done all that shit with his own money before it even hit the market. Testing giving away this shit, feedback, taste tests, all that shit to wear. It's like nigga, not a nine out of a hundred said they love it. Nigga, let's go, and we didn't give away a million dollars worth, so they'll buy it. See that system to give away, get back, not the robbery flagship up building in your community. Take all the money and run the fuck off.
Speaker 1: Nah, new system, New Ways Sketchers, congratulation of that. By the way, Thank Martha Stewart for that. Because somebody from my team was blocking. I ain't gonna say his name, but the nigga was blocking. But he was blocking for the right reasons, because he felt like Sketches and me didn't connect. He felt like it was a brand that was beneath me. But nigga, all shoes are beneath me.
Speaker 4: So what I did was a yeah. I took Martha Stewart's advice. She was like, she said, Snoop, you should get with Sketchers because they don't have anyone like you. They'll give you as many shoes as you want. You should meet the owner. He used to run La Gears. When I meet the owner, Rob, oh my, he's my kind of guy, elder guy player, understand it, love it, keep young people around him. Bring me down to the office. Look, they done made thirty shoes with my name and all kinds of shit, got an office laid out. This is what we want to do for you. What you think? I think? Where's the paper I need to sign? Then we're gonna make shoes for women, kids, basketball shoes. Them shoes that ran on all them niggas wearing right now to mind hello, all the whole games? Who's wearing them? Julius Snoop dogg basketball shoes by Sketchers were sliding in we low key. He ain't put my name on lorng He's gonna rock them on too.
Speaker 1: Remember you gave me them shits for the Lakers, I did.
Speaker 4: I took care of you.
Speaker 1: I took care off I gotta find those picture.
Speaker 4: No, but they they they are a brand that what people don't know is they number two, Nike number one, their number two. They got the most stores around the whole world. They the shoes that everybody buy. So you got parents and people that work at hospitals, police officers. They make shoes for all walks of leaders. Yes, so it's not just like Jordan and Nike, right, and then it's a couple of other shoes from Jordan that you made me from Nike that you may buy. Ning of these shoes is being bought from the whole house and some countries all they do is wear sketches. So I was looking at that like I'm global. I ain't gonna get no deal with Jordan. He don't want me on this team. He already got too many people like me. Let me go find somebody that ain't nobody paying attention to. Gona do my thug thiszle with them and get mins in wind ride in show them some things ain't never seen and let them take me places I ain't never been. As soon as I go to holler at him. A week later, my nephew go up there unannounced after he gets driven out from Adidas, and they like, what should what should we do? I'm like, what y'all calling me for? I said, y'all on office? Said no, I said, well, act like y'all ain't in office. And they couldn't give him the play because he ran over there trying to get to play. But I had already beat him to a y'all reading between the lines, y'all are trying to go get to play, but the boss had already met the de O Doubles. I met the dog Man.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you, I'm with Jordan. I've been with John for a long time. Ain't nobody like you at.
Speaker 4: Jordan dog Facts. I can tell you that facts, and I respect his brand so much to where I would rather support it than compete against it or to be in the same language. I'm in a whole nother demographic. Nigga, He's here forever, Nigga. He's the greatest ever do it, nigga. I was a fan of a kid. The fans have grown up loved Hi me in North Carolina till they run up on my Georgetown hoyas. But it is what it is. He's to goat. He is him, and I respect his businessman hand. And when I watched that air movie, I'm like, oh, some game. I don't wision like I'm watching the game. This the game I'm watching. Magic, don't with them go with Converse, Okay, Mikey Nike.
Speaker 3: That turned out, Mike.
Speaker 4: Think Mikey's or Nikes.
Speaker 1: Right, only fans trying to throw a hundred million at a hundred million at you?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know that.
Speaker 4: Man, you know the boss, Like I'm coming there playing no motherfucking games with me. Nigga, you didn't jump with her, so.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, so that was that was the play though. Because I didn't, I just caught the headline. I didn't get to hear the whole story.
Speaker 4: With Slink Nigga, you know shlink right, Slink Johnson, Me and Cuds jumping. Yeah, we jumped on like some ghetto ass like just two Men podcast. Because we watched and everybody do that ship. I'm like, nigga, let's get on real quick. So we pop on just to pop some ship, right because we got some well, he got some ship where he'd be like, Nigga, I know your mama. So I know your mama too, nigga, because remember me and him the same I know your mama. Nigga was nineteen seventy four, were telling me so we popping on ship and a nigga like he says something to and I'm like, yeah, man, you know only fans men. One of my homegirls over there, she made about like you know, twenty meals and she hit me with a deal. Dub. They say they'll give you a hundred million if you pull that.
Speaker 1: Fan So I didn't know what it was for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pull that thing lot of TV.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, it a lit of TV.
Speaker 4: No, no way, no amount of money.
Speaker 1: Jack, if you were single, would you do it for your single?
Speaker 3: I got kids, respect, thank you that right.
Speaker 4: I got grandkids see that part like kids. I got grandkids. So when I got right grand yeah, I just put that thing on on the only fence.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 4: They gonna know his mine because I ain't never seen one like this. I ain't be like that. Motherfucker's notorious.
Speaker 1: Speaking to kids. Grandkids, I see that brings a lot of joy to you. I've got to see your running your grandkids. I love to finally see that. I don't know if you've always taken vacations, but I know if late you've been taking more vacation with your family. Yeah, it looks beautiful. You got the grand babies out there. What does grandfatherhood mean to you?
Speaker 4: Get away with everything? Yep, violating, getting mad at MoMA and daddy. If they ever raise their hands at my grandbabies, if they raise their voice at them when they're wrong, they right, when they right, they write. You know what I'm saying. You know what it is. It's like, Papa is the reason. Like the last time we was on the vacation, they pull up with my baby girl and she mad. They come in the house, she just stow them off, running, just like a little white girl in the movie and a horror movie, just runs away. I'm like, the fuck is going on? She running this shit? She runs away. I'm like, hold on, we on the island. I don't know what kind of animals and ship is out there. So I go chase her down and I catch her first. She mad. She mad at me. Now, so you know Papa said all the right words and all the right shit, and she gave me a smile, grab her hand. We walked back in the house and walk her in the back and I went her over and I'm like, these are moments that I love. How they lost her mom and daddy lost her attention. She was mad at them, but Paul, Paul, come in and get her happiness back, get her back to being. Then I shared some corn nuts with us. She's never had corn nuts and they were the greatest thing that she ever tasted in her life. These was barbecue. Whyian nigga, Hawaiian barbecue corn the coin in the county nigga, that's you eat like my grand baby will stand on top of me like, I'm like, damn you like this. She's like yeah. But just to be able to share that moment, her first experience tasting that and chilling with her pop off from mad to happy like this shitt mean the world to me. Man Like awards and all that shit is cool, but that's the real reward right there.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, you grew up in front of my eyes since we were kids. He was on TV making music and to see where you are right now do you ever kind of just sit back, and obviously you're still continuing to climb the ladder, but you ever just sit back and be like, man, it's been a hell of a ride thus far.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you what I told Kiki Palmer earlier today, Matt, I ain't got time to watch my highlights when I got a game to play the.
Speaker 3: Move I feel you another bar.
Speaker 4: That's a fact, Jack. When I see Snoop Dogg shit, I get fascinated with it, like if I watch an old movie or old whatever the fuck, I really be locked into that shit, like watching it as a fan, like damn, seeing where I was good, where I was bad, where I was weak, I've grown and like I watched it like a coach watching an athlete to critique him. Yeah, like, nigga, you should have see right here, you should have backed up, and nigga, you're shot too fast. Damn all right. I get it because some movies I was in, great actors brought out great acting and me. And in some movies I was in, I was terrible because the script was terrible, the actors was terrible, and it just was what it was. There was an opportunity and I didn't give a fuck. I just wanted to be in a movie. Then it was like, nah, nigga, I don't want to be the star. I like being a star. You gotta have that ego about yourself. You gotta have that. It's like an athlete. The dogs say, nigga, I want the ball. The regular niggas be like, all right, I'm open. I'll play my position. What you need me to do, I ain't here. I want the rock. I want the rock because I'm gonna put out some points.
Speaker 1: Tell your cameo solo right there. The movie be where they could find it.
Speaker 4: The movie is Underdogs on Amazon Prime January twenty sixth, Starr Snoop Dogg, Mike Apps, Teeka Sumpter, George Lopez, Andrew Schultz, and a whole host of kids and players and people that just made this thing come together. So make sure y'all go check it out. The Underdogs come into a hood near you.
Speaker 1: Quick hitters. One song your favorite song you love to perform live?
Speaker 4: My favorite song I love to perform live? Maybe two. Fuck the mother Niggas is one. I love boom boom boom boom boo boo boo boo boo whoo boo woo woo whoo boo boo boo boop. We used to have a motherfucking marsh to that. Hell yeah, nigga used to marsh that motherfucker like that. I don't get to come on nigga from player nigga. You already know them niggas was Doctor Dre on steroids to the South niggas, them niggas coming back to back with a record every two weeks. And I think Jenny Juice too. I love performing Jenny Juice just because I've watched that song become a cult song for different genres. They have a country version to Jenny Juice and a jazz version, and it fucks me up that I'm that old to where they remade my songs in these genres and this is like twenty years ago and they didn't change my fucking lyrics at all. That shit be blowing my mind. I'm like, am I that good? So that's why I watched my highlights. See I get caught up and did I do that move?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, I ain't. I ain't what I used to be. I should have shot a jump shut because I only get one duck a game. Now by the way, fellas, that's it. That's it's either at the beginning or the end on the nine foot hoops in there eight and a half. I got me one in and I struggled. I got it.
Speaker 2: Top three albums of all time to be hip hop either because I know you jam a lot of old school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go with a oh wait, I love that Claudine album. I ain't even gonna front y'all probably don't even know what that is. That Claudine by Curtis Mayfield Gladys Knight and the Pips is for a movie called Claudine. That motherfucker cold. The whole album is the whole thing Curtis. Curtis wrote the whole album for Gladys Knight and the Pips, and it's called Claudine. It's got a song on there called mister Welfare, a song when they're called to be invisible. I mean it's it's it's so connected to the movie and our kid, our childhood. That's definitely one. Rick James, come on, man with busting Out? What album was that that was busting Out? That was the album that motherfucker well, ill write you square. It's time to smoke, fire up this funk and let's have achoke. Come on Rick that album right there. And then I'm gonna be biased. I'm gonna say doggy style. It doesn't hurt to say it. I'll just say it. Fuck it doggy style all the while we do with Doggie style. You mother fucking ho. Shout out to George Clinton forgetting the start the other day. One thing you wish you were better at being patient. I'm impatient. I'm very impatient. I can admit that I don't like to wait. I go to restaurants. I order my food before I get there. My wife get mad because I didn't act like I'm going to the bathroom. My negator chef one hundred dollars and told the nigga what I want. So while they sitting down bullshitting and shooting the shit, and my food and showed up and they looking at me and I'm grubbing like a motherfull. They like, we're supposed to be eating together. We're supposed to be eating We are together.
Speaker 3: We're your first celebrity crush.
Speaker 4: My first celebrity crush probably Thelma from Good Time. I met her in real life too. I told her trusted them. You still find his motherfucker. I used to dream about you, you know that, right. I used to call you baby girl, just like James did.
Speaker 1: Who's your current top five in the league right now?
Speaker 4: Basketball players? That motherfucker from the Nuggets yokick hey, hands down. I'm like it used to be honest. That nigga then came out of nowhere. He don't fuck around that nigga right there, him off the Tippy Uh. When John Morant is.
Speaker 1: On the court, I.
Speaker 4: Can't even front that nigga is different. I hate playing that nigga. Man, he got this. He is a goon with the spoon and he shoot threes too. He worked on his three. I seen that. They thought he was gonna be bullshit, and he worked on his three. Shout out to John Morant for working on your shop when he was off. I seen that good ship. We're gonna praise you too, nigga. Ain't gonna just beat you down. We're gonna praise you when you do right. You did that.
Speaker 3: We knew he could off Tippy, no question.
Speaker 4: Rippy Tippy. Well, we all had that same problem, having them associations, you know, association by affiliation. To you understand that it can't get you to your destination. So I say, John Morant is definitely in there. I liked the nigga from the Oklahoma City. Oh that niggas played like Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: I like you.
Speaker 4: That nigga play like the de O Doubles. I foxed with him. That's three right, y'all. Just be turning his light on and off man and B the same way, like, well, wait a minute, and be keeping his light on a little bit more him. That's why I had to check myself. I throw him in there, and B I have to I know the game, nigga. I'm still paying attention. And one more, the young goon from Minnesota. That nigga would bang on your ass here a problem right now, old school, I will bang on your ass right now. Mm hmm. That's my top five right now. No Lakers in there right now. No disrespect, Brian, you're coming off the bench for being the old ass nigga. With all that game, you.
Speaker 2: Still show up. Nigga, You still show up. Nigga still co star in one movie. Who would you want to coach star with?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, great question, Tom Cruise, because I know it's gonna be big double and to cut the ship Jack, Let's go to the biggest box office mission impossible. Nine niggas, Right.
Speaker 3: One guess you would like to see on all the smoke hold on?
Speaker 1: We already asked you this question. There's one person we want. Yeah, we want if we asked the doctor, d we want, man, We said it last time, right, that's all we want.
Speaker 4: I think y'all should try to get ay. Yeah, that'll be dope. I don't never stare her doing interviews.
Speaker 3: You know it'd be different.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to do a song with her. If I get on y'all shoulder, I.
Speaker 3: Can slide to Yeah, make all that work.
Speaker 4: I put the beat next to you on the phone, like y'all be doing you hear that?
Speaker 3: Hear that?
Speaker 4: Man. We appreciate your time. Begainning.
Speaker 1: It was great to catch back up Underdog on Amazon Prime January twenty sixth. Make sure you check it out.
Speaker 4: Check it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna slide to the premiere tomorrow night. Looking forward to coming. Yeah, we're gonna be up there.
Speaker 4: So Matt, do you remember when I used to have those premiers, that those smoke premieres. See niggas, don't talk about that Snoop Dogg used to have premiers where you could smoke Jack. I don't even know if you have been.
Speaker 3: I wish I would have loved to take part one of.
Speaker 4: Those, nigga. I used to throw premiers, nigga and rent that motherfucker out swims and lights go off. All you see is smoke. Yeah, it's everywhere. It was amazing, and you.
Speaker 1: Had one not I think right when COVID hit. Remember we had to stay out. We didn't have to stay in our cars. Most people stay in their cars and smoke.
Speaker 4: Drive in? Yeah, what was it that was driving night? What movie I showed?
Speaker 1: I think of old school? What the one white girl killing him aying to kill him?
Speaker 4: Get out? Taylor's that ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh Hillary swinking? Yeah that ship was good. Nigga niggas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a real drive in. You did something else too, though, You did an old school night too. I think I did Purple Rain, I did Which Way Is Up? I did Willie Dynamite.
Speaker 4: That's what. We sat in that car and just smoked the whole I put on some old school movies for your ass, my nigga, like what that ship?
Speaker 2: No wonder your motherfuckers, my chicken, you choke on the goddamn boat, damn.
Speaker 4: Man, and may you show is built. Congratulations, good luck, looking forward to more greatness. It's my favorite show though, because I was happy for y'all show time, happy for y'all. Every time I see ship go viral with y'all show, I love it. I love the interview y'all be getting with all of the athletes, how they be so wrong with y'all real and authentic, and how motherfuckers love sharing their secrets with y'all. Like that's a gift because we real secretive once we become successful. So to be able to open up and share those stories and information what y'all means that y'all in a safe spot. So keep up the great work.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. B That's it.