Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous. It is La La Kun. Welcome back to the Give Them La La Podcast. I'm freaking losing my mind today because I have no I'm losing my shit. By the way, I have cal Lowry from Teen Mom, but you have gone above and beyond since then. I can't believe it's been this long since you, like started in the public eye. Hi, how are you welcome?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I can't believe I'm sitting with you crazy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy. And you know I wrote into the little like Instagram podcast thing and everyone was like, oh my god, this was the duo I never knew I needed. Yeah, and I'm like, I agree with that. I cannot believe we've never crossed paths. I started watching Teen Mom. I think it came out in two thousand and nine. Right, you made your first appearance twenty ten, twenty ten, so I had just graduated from high school. How did that process go? Did you just get like I don't I don't understand how MTV found you all.
Speaker 2: Well, so there's a little bit of a difference between like the season one girls like Macy Caitlin, they got on a little bit differently. I think that their's was like Craigslist posts and stuff like that. Yeah, and so once that one sort of took off and they did season two of sixteen and Pregnant. I had seen it on MTV dot com it said now casting, So I like took initiative and like applied.
Speaker 1: I guess, wow, Craigslist, that is a the throwback of a website, like a.
Speaker 3: Blast from the past. Do people still use Craigslist?
Speaker 1: I think once people started getting murdered when they would like find their roommate on there, I think it kind of like had its day, but I mean it changed your guys' lives.
Speaker 3: It really did.
Speaker 1: So did they have someone come in and just like interview you, Like, once you did the application process, you had someone obviously come in an interview, right, No, So no, they.
Speaker 2: Called me two weeks I had sent like maybe like a paragraph and I was like explaining my living situation that I was already pregnant, and two weeks later when they called me, everything had already changed. I had already moved in with you know, my son's dad at the time, and so from the time I emailed to that first phone call and then they were like, Okay, we really liked what you had to say, like, we're going to submit a questionnaire. It's like hundreds of questions, a psycho val all of this. We didn't ever get interviewed in person.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well at least I never did. I never got interviewed in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first day that I met everybody was the first day we filmed.
Speaker 1: How intimidating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: At that age. I can't imagine having a camera crew come in and it's your most vulnerable time you're a child, yourself becoming a mom.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: What do you think the difference is now with reality TV versus when you filmed a reality show? Do you feel like it's more contrived where it's more produced and back in the day when you started it was more raw.
Speaker 3: No, I think it for my experience.
Speaker 2: I mean I was on for thirteen years, and I really think the only thing that really changed was me, Like I realized early on that I could be manipulated and give them what they want without having a say, versus eight nine years in. I was like, wait a minute, I know how this is going to be edited. I know what this is going to look like after the fact. I know how people are going to perceive this. I know that they have to edit down six months of content to you know, four minutes per episode, and so I started to push back because I was like, this is not how I want this to be shown. I want it to be shown bigger picture. And so I think truly all throughout all thirteen years, it was the same.
Speaker 1: You wanted to take control of your own narrative because you knew at that point in time what the game was. Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like if you weren't there for huge moments and they had us wearing wigs, or they'd have us like change our phone number contacts to a producer that was on set. So for example, if my ex texted me something outrageous and they weren't there for the real moment, one, they would have me change my producer's name and my phone to be my exes and then they would text me a similar text so that they could get an on screen reaction. And so we called them pickups, and they were not real time. Or you'd see like someone's hair would be changed because they only got half of it and they didn't get the other half. And so for that it was really hard as like a young adult and a teenager to go through those sorts of things, because then we're being ripped to shreds for something that didn't necessarily even have been.
Speaker 1: That way, right, because at the end of the day, although this was your real life, this was entertainment for the rest of the world watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they still had to put in those pieces for it to make sense to the audience.
Speaker 3: And I do understand that.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's just it was very hard to do as a young adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't even imagine. I started reality TV when I was twenty three. I can't imagine starting at sixteen and you know, expecting my first child. What was the relationship with your mom? Like back then, I.
Speaker 2: Never had a great relationship with my mom. It was always tumultuous. It was always very touch and go. She didn't raise me. My whole life.
Speaker 3: I sort of was like wherever someone would take me, and so.
Speaker 1: Like with friends or grandboyfriends.
Speaker 2: Yep, grandparents, friends, everybody, Like my mom would leave me for weeks at a time and never call, never check up, never leave money, like never, Like she sort of was just like whoever will take care.
Speaker 3: That was just how That's how I grew up.
Speaker 1: Do you have siblings my.
Speaker 2: Biological father as another daughter in Texas, and then he has children in the Philippines.
Speaker 1: Okay, And did you have a relationship with him.
Speaker 3: No, I met him on TV for the first time.
Speaker 1: So you went into parenting not knowing what the fuck you were doing because you didn't even have anyone to look at to go, oh, this is how it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sort of that was like my mentality was like, I'm going to give this baby.
Speaker 3: What I didn't have was sort of where I was at.
Speaker 1: I think that that's beautiful. You you you, I mean you you changed the direction. You broke the cycle. So once you had your first, uh, your first child, you have seven children, Cale, I shook it to my fucking core. I have to be honest, because I remember watching you and like Isaac coming into the picture and like your first love. And then I remember seeing like Cale Lowry is having twins. Her it'll be her her seventh child. I mean, were you expecting twins? Is that something that runs in your family or the father's family? Twins?
Speaker 2: So I don't know how many people really know this, but twins always come from the mom's side. So even if the dad has twins in their family. It's sort of irrelevant.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the mom's side is what carries is genetic or hereditary, is paternal twins and then identical twins. There's no there's no biological or like hereditary component there.
Speaker 3: That's just like I was gonna say, risk, that's just by chance.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I do have paternal twins in my family, and Elijah, oddly enough has identical and paternal in his family. So it was just like it was okay, I just didn't expect to be pregnant at all.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know I was pregnant at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's break this down. Obviously, you're first born was in Oh shit, we're sixteen and we're having a babby. Your other children, was there a conversation about wanting to bring them into the world or were they all and I don't want to say oopsies, but were they all like very happy oopsies?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So the only one that was planned was Lincoln and I was married, right.
Speaker 1: I remember that's Hovey's son, right, Yes, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Would say they're all they were all pleasant surprises. I would say, with the exception of number four was a very toxic time, and so he so creed number four was I think the most trying time in my life, and so that one was a really difficult decision because I did contemplate possibly terminating the pregnancy. But I mean, I'm so glad that he's here, and I'm so glad that I decided not to.
Speaker 1: What is it like, I know what it's like to have a baby daddy? What is it like having you have four of them? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Holy shit?
Speaker 2: What I like to say three in an ex husband because my ex husband was never.
Speaker 3: A baby daddy?
Speaker 1: Which dad was that?
Speaker 3: That was Hobby Lincoln's dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not a baby daddy.
Speaker 3: No, he never was, never will be. He's like, he's my ex husband.
Speaker 1: And you have a good relationship with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not saying that they weren't trying times, because we've definitely been through it.
Speaker 3: But I think that through it.
Speaker 2: All, we have always maintained Lincoln's best interest, and so no matter how many personal emotions got in the way or how convoluted everything got him, and I always maintained what's in the best interest of Lincoln.
Speaker 1: I think, no matter what sort of situation that you're placed in with the father of your child. You're gonna go through the rough patches, right, there's a reason why the relationship ended. And I think you saying that you always put Lincoln first. I would say that that is a healthy and thriving co parenting relationship. The other three like what is the custody situation? Like, I mean, do you have your kids the majority of the time, do you try and keep them on the same schedule as far as going to their dad's house.
Speaker 3: So, Delaware is typically a fifty to fifty state unless otherwise agreed upon. So if you are divorced, do you go through, you know, a separation with your partner, even if you're not married, it's a fifty to fifty state, whether that's two two three or week on, week off. And so.
Speaker 2: When Habby and I got divorced, immediately was Isaac and Lincoln on the exact same fifty to fifty schedule where we would exchange on the same exact day, holidays were the same, everything was sort of the same. And then for Lux and Creed it's a little bit different because of the circumstances and how toxic that relationship was. And so that is a ninety ten split, and he also lives out of state, so he can't necessarily have fifty to fifty. And then so when they do go to their dads on you know, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, it's on the same weekends that the other two are gone as well. So that way everyone is sort of on the same schedule, and same for holidays, like they all get the holidays and everything like that.
Speaker 3: It's all the same schedule.
Speaker 1: That's very nice. What is the relationship like between all the kids right now?
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're in a really I think the middle two have the hardest time because they're the closest in age and they don't get a break when they go from my house to their dad's house, and so there's no separation for them where I think, you know, my oldest goes to his dad's, he gets a break from the rest of his siblings, and same for Lincoln, and so it's a little bit different when Lux and Creed. They don't get a break from each other ever. And I think it's so fascinating to me because I didn't grow up with siblings and I never know what's normal, how how much fighting is common where I draw the line how much do I intervene? And so that part of it is a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have one with my ex. And then I was so traumatized by the experience of co parenting and just his presence on the planet. It was triggering to me that I'm like, I'm getting a sperm donor. So my second daughter is has there's no dad involved, And I think, no matter what, you always go through that internal battle of you know, am I parenting the correct way? And I'm sure that you know the besides the one who has the ninety ten like Hovey And then I'm blanking on Isaac's dad's name, Joe, Joe. When it comes to co parenting with them, do you have to parent each child differently? Not because each child is different, but because the dads may have a different idea of how they want to parent their child.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a really good point, and I don't think I've ever really talked about it, but I would say one thousand percent yes, because what I know about Joe and his parenting style and what I know about Hobby and his parenting style, I think they're all very different. It's the child and the other co parent because if you co parent or a discipline or do something that the other parent doesn't like, that could put you in a whole other situation that you didn't even you never even thought of.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, I think that is.
Speaker 2: A really good point to be made, is that it's not just how you know the kids need to be parented, but also your co parent, which is sort of difficult.
Speaker 3: And you know, my oldest I don't. I don't talk to his dad about anything.
Speaker 2: You know, Isaac's fifteen and fifteen and a half and so we really don't.
Speaker 3: Ever, I don't speak to Joe about anything for any.
Speaker 1: Reason, because I mean, Isaac's old enough for you to kind of just communicate with him, and he can communicate with his dad. Is that the reason I don't.
Speaker 2: We don't really like to put a in the middle of anything. So if I have something to say, I'll shoot him a text. But there's really nothing I have to say to him at this point, like I have, you know, Isaac's all of Isaac's stuff on my calendar. Isaac and I are really really close, and so there's just nothing. Like I said, if I needed to text them, I would, but I just don't have to I don't there's.
Speaker 3: Nothing, nothing, and yeah, I get it so weird?
Speaker 1: Do you want more children?
Speaker 2: You know what's so crazy about this is that I had my tubes removed when I had the twins and instant regret.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's I know, it's crazy, and people think that I've already lost my mind three kids ago, maybe even four kids ago. I I don't know. I don't know if it's mental illness. I don't know if it's biological.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I instant regret. I know, there's always idf. But then it's like, how selfish can I?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Do I want more kids? This complicated answer to that is I would have more kids if I could.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a savage's mental illness? Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you not exhausted?
Speaker 3: No? I am.
Speaker 2: I'm so tired. I literally said that to Elijah earlier this morning. I was like, I'm He's like, what's wrong with you? And I was like, I need more caffeine, just more coffee, more coffee, more energy drinks, more everything. But I think the hardest part of all of it, all of the chaos, all of the madness, is truly just figuring out what to feed them?
Speaker 3: Like, that is where I struggle the most?
Speaker 1: Is that not the hardest? Like literally three meals a day than you think about snacks. You're like, I'm tapped out. I have no idea what to give you.
Speaker 2: Even when I'm away, like traveling for work and stuff, I don't know what to feed myself. So feeding children, whether it's one, seven, ten, that is the hardest part. So when they're like, kil how do you do it, I'm like, I don't know. Can you meal plan for me?
Speaker 3: Because that's the biggest struggle that I have.
Speaker 1: I think that a lot of moms would relate to that, because there's so many times I relate to you saying I get sick of feeding myself. There are times where I'm like, it's time to freaking eat again. Like I'm over it. I'm done with it.
Speaker 3: The decision making, fatigue, the mental load of food planning, meal planning, prepping, all of it. I don't if I could give up on just that, I would you would?
Speaker 1: I love it. I think a lot of moms would join you on that. Can I ask you what was the final I guess Straw When it came to filming a show, you were filming for thirteen years, and you have built yourself quite an empire with the podcast that you have. I saw that you launched your own network Killer. Yeah, that's incredible, Thank you, And I want to get into all of that. What made you say I'm done with the TV world.
Speaker 2: Pretty much based on my experience filming and knowing how they had to edit certain things down, how certain things had to play out, and also really talking about the nitty gritty details of my personal life and real life that no matter how in depth I went, it was still going to be chopped and screwed, so that it made sense. I didn't want to bring you know, Elijah into that. He didn't grow up on TV. He didn't sign up for TV, and so I did get pregnant pretty fast, and I didn't. I just didn't want to subject our our family and my you know, our relationship to that. And I just felt like if we were going to have any sort of reality TV, it would be about our family alone, because I feel like we have enough going on that we could have. And so it just I realized it wasn't it wasn't going to be for us. It was not for you know, myself and Elijah as a family and I think as time goes on, my oldest son, he doesn't really love to be recognized in public. And so that also played on, you know, my decision. And in full transparency, I was making more money podcasting than I was filming Team Mom. And I had to go through the ringer to even do that and put stuff out there, and then it was getting chopped into food and so I was like, I could sit on my podcast and talk about this for an hour and make three times as much as I was making on Team Mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a common misconception when the outside world. I don't want to take the money that we have made on reality television for granted, I mean right, but it certainly is not going to give you a lifestyle that you can feed your family for, you know, decades on. It's you know, it's more of a springboard. I felt I.
Speaker 2: Would agree with that, and I get a lot of shit or a lot of lashback for backlash for you know, they're like, well, if you wouldn't have everything that you have if it wasn't for Teen Mom, or you wouldn't have what you have if it wasn't for MTV, and I do agree to some extent, but I did use it.
Speaker 3: As a springboard.
Speaker 2: I used it as a springboard to pay to go to college and get my degree, and I used it to start other endeavors and other businesses and create other opportunities for myself. Where a lot of the time you don't see some of the other castmates doing that same thing, and so they have to sort of stay on TV because that is all they know and that's all they have, And that's no disrespect to them. Not everyone has a business mind, But for me, it was like, I know that TV won't last forever. I know I don't want to share these types of details forever. I want to share the fun moments, the funny things, and I want to do it my way on my podcast, and I can have people in my real life also sort of do the same thing they were doing on Team Mom without it being cut down to four minutes.
Speaker 1: Right. So, yeah, would you ever if a production company came to you and said, we'd like to focus a show around your family, would you be open to that? Even though Isaac says he doesn't want, like if he doesn't like being acknowledged in public, Like, is that something you'd really have to think about.
Speaker 2: So Isaac doesn't want to be associated with Team Mom. I think I misspoke when I was saying he doesn't like the correlation to Team Mom specifically. But I actually was just under production contract for I think it was like nine months.
Speaker 3: It ended in February or March.
Speaker 2: And now I'm in works with another production company that would be a show not necessarily about me. They wanted they wanted to be about Isaac. They wanted to be told through Isaac's eyes.
Speaker 3: Wow, So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: I don't know if, as you know, with production and TV, you can be under contract. They can buy the concept, they can buy a pilot, they can do all of this stuff, and it can never happen.
Speaker 3: So that's exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never I always say, like I never count my chickens before they hatch until I'm watching you know, something on TV. You never know which way it's gonna go. You know, it could be in uh, it could be in the development stages for years on end. But I love that idea of having it through his eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it would be cool because it would tell his story and you know, some of the some of the babies from Team Mom have been on you know TV for all sixteen years. But I think, you know, Isaac does have a lot to share and there are a lot of unique circumstances in our family because I do have four kids, you know, for fathers to my children, and a neighbors with one of them.
Speaker 3: So I think.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot of lots stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Which one are you neighbors with?
Speaker 3: Elijah?
Speaker 1: That is bad ass, That's an easy switch, that's an easy head on over for Dad's time.
Speaker 3: I'm like in the wagon, we're going to Dad's.
Speaker 1: Wow, you've got it really figured out. I guess when you've been doing it for so long, like you really have it down to a science, you.
Speaker 3: Know what's it's chaotic. But I don't know any different.
Speaker 2: This is what I know, this is what my kids know, and so like, I'm sure there's some level of trauma that my kids are going to experience or grow up and look back.
Speaker 1: But what child doesn't You could live in the most like from the outside perspective, grade a family, dynamic mom and dad together, and there's always going to be something that a child experiences that's going to be a level of trauma. It's just it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would agree with you, but I think the trolls would disagree.
Speaker 1: They would be like, you know, that's why they're trolls, and let's talk about that. You're like, you have trauma as well, because you're up in my comment section acting like a damn fool, So let's le dive into your trauma, bitch.
Speaker 3: I got lots of trauma. I talk about it all the time, but.
Speaker 1: It's helpful and I so that didn't come. That didn't play a part in you leaving Reality TV? Did it like the trolls? Was it more of an internal battle or was it like I'm sick of these random people having such a profound say on my life and story.
Speaker 2: I think I struggle with the troll situation a little bit more than maybe some of the other girls, and I don't I don't necessarily want to speak for them, but I do. There are phases that I go through, like some days, some years, some months I'm really fine and I don't pay attention to it, and other times I'm like, I really can't handle this, and so I I want to say no, it had no it carried no weight, but also, I think it to some degree it did have it held a little bit of weight in my decision.
Speaker 1: I relate to that there there, I could go months and be like, I'm so unaffected by what these random people say, and then it'll be a week of non stop searching for people just dragging me to filth and we participating and looking at it.
Speaker 2: But what is the psychology behind it? I don't and I ask my therapist, I'm like, why do I do this?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'll never know.
Speaker 1: I'll never know either. Are you close with the other mamas?
Speaker 2: I so Kate and Tyre signed my network for their show, okay, and then Macy and I have talked about podcasting together. We've done podcasts. I wouldn't say I'm close with her, but like, we definitely talk, We're friendly. I'm fine with Amber. I'm trying to think Pharaoh was just on my podcast not that long ago. And then Chelsea and I keep in touch from time to time. Yeah, we all live so separately. And I think that's also different from a lot of reality shows that are you know, living in la like you know, vander Pomp or Real Housewives like they're getting you.
Speaker 3: Guys are getting together and we're not.
Speaker 1: We never did, right, well, you guys were living in separate states. That makes total sense. Let's talk about your network. So you right now, how many podcasts do you have?
Speaker 3: I have three of my own podcasts?
Speaker 1: You have three of your own.
Speaker 3: You've got Coffee Combos with Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Okay, Coffee Combos with Lindsay, and.
Speaker 2: Then Barely Famous is my solo podcast, which is like interview Ba's sort of like this one, okay, and then and then I have Carma and Chaos with one of my longtime friends.
Speaker 3: That one we launched in October.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so lots of them.
Speaker 2: And then on the network we have Kate and Tye Okay, Vibing and kind of thrive in for the Haters, which is my longtime friends podcast on my network.
Speaker 3: What else do we have? I don't have it. Off the top of my head. We have a couple of shows on there.
Speaker 1: When did you start the Killer network?
Speaker 3: Killer started twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: And did you just have such success and love with the podcast industry that you were like, I want this, I want to make this my full time gig, and I want to put other podcasts on the map.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so funny about that. So I went to DSU.
Speaker 2: I graduated in twenty seventeen, and I remember during that time everyone was like, podcasting is not like a money maker, Like you're gonna put a lot of effort in and not get a return. And then Lindsay approached me in twenty seventeen and was like, do you want to start a podcast? And I was like, not really, but I'll do it, like I'll give her a chance. And I had never met her in person, never. I didn't know what the heck I was doing. Yeah, I started podcasting. I fell in love with it, and I was like, oh, I'm I'm going to do this, Like this is good.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be all in. So I went all in.
Speaker 1: What about it? Did you love? Just like talking into a mic and kind of being uninhibited and saying whatever the fuck you wanted.
Speaker 3: I really think that's where it started.
Speaker 2: It was like, Okay, I can go in depth and explain these teen mom scenarios from the show and actually give people like a more well rounded, I don't know, in depth view.
Speaker 3: I guess I have to talk about it unfiltered.
Speaker 2: I could say my perspective share my frustrations, but then I also could share like the good parts of my life because it's a lifestyle based podcast, and so I think people started to really see a different side of Kili, who's always very very defensive. On Teen Mom, I always had my guards up. I came off kind of cold and mean, and so on the podcast, I feel like more people could relate to me, and they saw me from a different lens, If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I'm seeing you through a different lens just doing this interview. I would say when I watched Teen Mom, I think you were very intimidating, you know, like, well you just you were no bullshit and it was like you had very little time for anyone who was here to play games and fuck around. And I don't want to say that you were cold. I didn't get that from you, but I would say that we didn't get this side of you that I'm getting right now.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair, and I think that I still have a little bit of that, Like I I and I get a lot of shit for like leaving my kids' dads. I left all of them, and I because I am to some degree, take no shit. But then also I am a lover girl, like I'm very soft, I'm a cry baby, Like there are parts that I never really wanted to show on TV or I didn't know how, And so through the podcast I was able to express myself just completely differently, and I the reaction that I was getting from people sort of fueled me into, you know, wanting to keep going through podcasting, and that's why ended up doing the second show and then the third show and then having the network.
Speaker 1: Do you ever run out of shit to talk about?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Literally and with I mean, and then I shit my pants once a month. That's a whole episode every week every other week.
Speaker 1: Are you being truthful right now? You shit your pants? Yeah? Are we talking like a shirt? Don't we don't realize what's happening?
Speaker 2: No, Like I I'd say the nitty gritty shit on my podcast, all of them, like shit my pants at a drive fifteen minutes home, like it was bad, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So like I talk about everything.
Speaker 1: You know, what good for you that you can shit your pants and still bag four dudes to have kids with. I think if I were to shit my pants, no one would ever be with me ever.
Speaker 2: Again, I mean, it's possible, but I you know, you take me as I am. You gotta let them know up front who you are, right, and then there's no you don't have to worry about it, and you're down the line.
Speaker 1: There's no surprises.
Speaker 2: FU.
Speaker 1: What is it like for you dating?
Speaker 3: There's not a whole lot of dating before I get pregnant usually.
Speaker 1: Really so it's kind of like where we've seen each other a couple of times and now we're stuck together forever.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much how it works with Elijah.
Speaker 1: Okay that one.
Speaker 2: And you know, I contrary to popular belief, I've actually can count on both my hands on many people I've slept with. They think that because I have kids with four men, that I just like am out here gallivanting around.
Speaker 3: Like not true at all.
Speaker 2: Like I just fall in love so fast, and I think that get pregnant right.
Speaker 3: Away, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean with seven kids, I would say, if you were out in these streets just banging whoever, I think that you would have like twelve hundred kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah and yeah, and lots of baby daddies, Which is that's the bigger problem.
Speaker 3: It's not the babies, you know, it's the dads that I have to deal with.
Speaker 1: That's very intense. I can't imagine having four of them. I have one. And I'm like, can how do I like give you away, keep the kids, take the dad? Yeah, go away please?
Speaker 3: Literally? Literally?
Speaker 1: What is it? Like? I mean, like, are you trying to date right now?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I don't want to leave my house.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing is, I'm such a homebody, but I'm like homebody to the extreme. The only times that I leave my house is for my kids' sports and if I'm on a work trip. So you will not catch me going out in Delaware and like going out to eat. You'll never see me at a restaurant out in Delaware.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I'm the same way, Like every time I post on social media, I'm like, why does anyone follow me? I don't do anything fucking cool. I'm always in this always in this house.
Speaker 3: Literally, I don't want I have everything.
Speaker 2: I was just having this conversation yesterday and like, I have a pool, I have my house, there's door dash.
Speaker 3: I read a lot of books, Like what purpose do I need to leave this house? Like, I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you at all. Are you open to dating in the future, No, Cail, I feel like we may be the same person.
Speaker 3: I fear we may be the same person.
Speaker 1: Like it's actually I'm like, wow, I'm having a conversation with myself.
Speaker 3: It's it's borderline unhealthy think for.
Speaker 1: Me and with the dating for me. I don't know if you relate to this, but you know, once you get to a certain place, like you have the kids, right, so you don't need a man to come in any longer to give you your kids because you're you're how old thirty three? Thirty three? You're a baby, we're babies. You've got your kids, You've got your own career, you've got your own money. It sounds to me like you've got a therapist who can kind of get you on point when it comes to your emotions. Yep, you really don't need a man to come in and give you any of those things.
Speaker 3: No, And I think that's what people get really upset about. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not a victim of my circumstances when it comes to men. I'm not going to stay where it doesn't serve me any longer. And it takes a lot to impress me. I don't care because I have all of this shit to like, I already do it all myself, right, and if I can't do it, I can hire.
Speaker 3: Someone who can.
Speaker 2: So I don't need a man to come forward or to come into my life and do the things I don't need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's how I feel. And that's actually what scares me as well, because I mean full transparency, and I doubt by the time this airs, I will have bumped peeps with anybody. I literally have not been intimate with a man. And I've said this on every podcast because I'm just it's shocking to me no intimacy in over two years.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you can do it yourself, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I've got a drawarf full of vibrators. I'm like a man. Really, I really don't need it. And I worry that I'm gonna be so comfortable in this solo dynamic that my kids are gonna be grown and I'm gonna go, what the fuck my Mom's gonna be dead and gone, Oh my god, I can't even think about it.
Speaker 3: Kil wait. I went to my obi well, I guess uy n, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Hey, how do I not use vibrators to get off because I was like so used to the vibrators that I couldn't get off any other way. It was like what do you what do you mean? And I was like I can only do this and he was like, all right, we're gonna have to. So we had to have a whole conversation, come up with a game plan, check in so like when you're talking about this, like this is real, like we're the same person.
Speaker 1: We are no everything you're saying, I'm like, oh my god. Cale and I could literally live in a hole together with all.
Speaker 2: The kids, and if we didn't talk and we were just in each other's company, that's fine too.
Speaker 1: Even better Postmates show That is my vibe with a bunch of kids, because all I want to do is be surrounded by children and just like chicks chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have eighteen chickens also there. They're a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Well. I saw you do something with Isaac where you did the whole egg sing with cage free and like store bought.
Speaker 2: Oh so we did like our farm fresh eggs from our farm, yeah, and then store bought and that was kind of cool because I'm not really an egg eater. I just got the chickens for funzies. Yeah, my son likes to bake, and so he was like, wait, these are really different, and so we like did the comparison or whatever, and so so now we have eighteen chickens, four goats, three pigs, and five ducks.
Speaker 1: Damn, how many acres you got up up there in Delaware?
Speaker 2: You no what?
Speaker 3: We're only on six right now.
Speaker 1: But we're only on six, just a cool six acres.
Speaker 3: Well, because you're in LA, right, So what is the acreage like over there?
Speaker 1: The acreage is no acreage, babe, unless I want to be dropping one hundred million dollars for six acres, no joke.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: I just bought twenty acres.
Speaker 1: Are you under what? I am moving the family to Delaware?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's the good thing about Delaware is that it's two hours from everything Baltimore, Philly, New York, New Jersey. So's it's pretty essentrally located. But in Delaware itself, I wouldn't if you're used to living in LA, it's probably not for you, I would.
Speaker 3: Guess, Kevin.
Speaker 1: I don't leave. I don't leave the house.
Speaker 3: This is true. This is true. So maybe you'd like it here there's a beach an hour away.
Speaker 1: See, that is totally my vibe. What's it like for your kids going to school in a place like Aware, where like you're in the public eye. For me, obviously, my kids, well my oldest is only four, but she goes to school with a lot of kids whose parents are in the entertainment world, so like it's no big deal, right, yeah, for you, I have to imagine that that is very strange for most of the kids to be like you're on TV.
Speaker 3: Well, so my seven year old, he's in second grade.
Speaker 2: He came home and he said, and this kid knew what kind of car you drove, and he saw you on TikTok and he knows about your TikTok.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, this.
Speaker 2: Is so weird because I don't think anybody on the show could have really put themselves in that headspace when we signed up to do the show, So I don't think any of us were really thinking about the after effects. For him, I think it's okay because he wants to be a movie star. He wants to be movies and I believe him. But for my oldest, Like, he wants to do things more his way, and so it's a little uncomfortable when people are like teen mom. Now, if it was a different show, I think that he would have a different reaction, but I think there is a stigma attached to team Mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with you. I definitely would agree with you. So how old seven? The seven year old wants to be in movies? Yeah, and I believe them, Like, so are we facilitating this? Are we like sending him on auditions and things like that?
Speaker 2: Since we live in Delaware, there's not a whole lot of anything going on. Audition wise, I'd have to be in La or in New York, and I just we don't have the time and resources to do that with you know, sports and everything else. So unfortunately, no, But I think that he still has prompt a promising future in comedy if nothing else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a big personality.
Speaker 1: I want to know what it's like for your only daughter to be around six boys, because she's only a year and a half, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the twins are eighteen months. We'll have to do another follow up when she's a little older. But she truly is so spicy and It's so funny because I think that the twins.
Speaker 3: Are me and Elijah in Little Children Bodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Elijah is very like stoic, you don't know what he's thinking. He's very chill, calm, that's verse. And then Bally is just full of life and very spicy. She'll let you know what she wants.
Speaker 1: That is adorable. Yeah, and I'm not believe that you only have one girl.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I really thought maybe we would have the grand Finale of twin girls. But I'm glad it was boy girl twins because then I don't want them to compare each other. If it was two girls or two boys, I didn't want them to like do the comparison game. And I know this is crazy to say, but like I wish twins on everyone.
Speaker 3: I love. Like, twins are so fun. I love them so much, and if I could have another set of twins, I would.
Speaker 1: That is crazy to me. You were like born to be a mother.
Speaker 2: I must have been because my parents didn't really want me. And I don't know if it was like Karma's like okay, well then you're gonna have a kid that wants a hundred kids.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: So your relationship with them hasn't changed with your parents.
Speaker 2: No, my dad, I met him on TV twenty ten, okay or two thousand and nine. That was the first and last time I had ever met him. And then my mom I haven't seen in eight years. So I don't know where she lives. I don't have her phone number. She's only met my two oldest. She hasn't met the rest of them.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if she knows I have twins or any other kid. Like, I don't know what she knows. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I have to imagine she knows about your life. I mean, you're very googleable, maybe.
Speaker 2: But like I don't know if she googles me, you know, like I don't know if that's something that she would do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then who hey, mom, could you imagine.
Speaker 3: She's like I heard you on wa LA's podcast right?
Speaker 1: Oh? No? Before we sign off, I want to know the biggest challenge with having seven children.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest challenge is time management because I do really love to spend one on one time with all of the kids in addition to like family, like all of us together, and I never want anyone to think that I don't make sure that each of my kids has that. It is important no matter if you have one kid, if you have five kids, if you have ten kids, that one on one time, even if it's five or ten minutes, like, that's something that we carve out almost every single day. That is challenging because I know that these six kids need me right now, but this individual child needs me for ten minutes undivided.
Speaker 3: So I think that's the hardest part.
Speaker 1: Does that make you nervous as they get older that you may not see that one of them needs you and you could drop the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I definitely think about that from time to time. But I also think that the same could be said for a single mom of.
Speaker 1: Two children, absolutely correct.
Speaker 2: I think the same could be said of a mom of one child who's working. You know, when I had just had Isaac, I worked three jobs, and you know, well, including school, it was two jobs plus school, and so that could have happened with just one. So I think it really depends on the circumstances of each individual family. But you know, I hope that making sure that I carve out that individual time will connect myself with my each child in a way that they know that, you know, if they need me and I don't see it right away, that they can still come to me and say, hey, like, you know, I need you for X, Y and C, or like I need this ten minutes today or you know, whatever it is, I want to go do something with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope that that strengthen, strengthens the relationship enough that they can come to me and tell me.
Speaker 3: They need me.
Speaker 1: I think that's amazing, And I have to say I'm in awe of you and everything that you've built off of. You know, was it teen Mom or sixteen and Pregnant that you were on?
Speaker 2: Oh and did I did sixteen and Pregnant first and then did thirteen years of teen Mom.
Speaker 1: Well, it is fucking jaw dropping to see what you have done off of that. I'm very inspired. I'm excited to have you on the bonus. I have a lot of people who want to know how to parent certain situations or I'm not sparing or I'm not Hey, you know what we can we can give both I did this wrong, never do this. Thank you so much for making time for to give them Ala Podcall. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much, of course, and my love. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Give Them a La Podcast. We will catch you next week.