Speaker 1: Big Bank.
Speaker 2: You don't be on nothing.
Speaker 1: I be on okay, So let me ask you bring you big big.
Speaker 3: Facts right now.
Speaker 4: Visit the new website today big factspod dot com line.
Speaker 2: From the Culture Lab. You know what it is. It's time for big facts, Big Bank, Baby j d J Screen. Welcoming today to one and only Miss Lawrence to what everything all is?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome. What what's on your mind today? What's on your mind? And what's your moved? Because we like to do sometimes like temperature, trying.
Speaker 1: To stay positive and be in a happy space.
Speaker 5: But it's just that this thing right here at the computer, there's so much stuff going all. But yeah, we can get in that later if y'all choose to. But overall, I'm good. God, I don't have anything in particular on.
Speaker 2: My mind minus the bullshit. Life's break.
Speaker 1: Mine's the bullshit exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So tell us how it all started for you, Like how you just got in the industry.
Speaker 6: Where you're from, Like what happened? You got brothers and sisters?
Speaker 1: What's your family?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm born and raised right here in Atlanta. I tell people that I am the atl mother.
Speaker 1: That's m o h A. I grew up on the south Side.
Speaker 5: I'm from East Point slash the West Side.
Speaker 1: My grandmother was Wesle.
Speaker 5: My grandmother was you know, lived right you know, West Lake area, so I would be over there in the summertimes, you know that kind of thing. Yeah, my childhood it was good. It was It was adventurous. And when I say adventurous, you know, just me exploring myself, all parts of me, you know, grow. I've always been who you see right now since I was little, So that was interesting. When I say who you see right now, openly gay, unapologetic about it.
Speaker 1: Made a lot of folks uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: But I have to say that I'm now learning that I freed a lot of people, so I'm excited about that. It feels good to know that my journey has not gone in vain. But my childhood was good overall. I went to Tri Cities High School. Okay, bulldogs, Tri City Bulldogs, that's it. But I was more like a pussy cat. No, I know, I'm sorry, but I was. I was at the school, you know, you had the bulldogs, but I was always purring. But yes, I went to I went to Tri City High School, performing arts school. And it's funny because I've always been enamored by the arts.
Speaker 3: Were you in drama? Like did you act and stuff when you were in high school?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. I was.
Speaker 5: I was in the I was in the performing arts program. But I didn't go to the school because of that. That was just the school in my zip code. So that's why I had to go.
Speaker 1: And I did.
Speaker 5: I was in chorus, I did drama, I did dance, But I never acted as in my full potential when I was a part of the performing arts primarily because you know, I would shy away from, you know, being center stage, because.
Speaker 1: I had that thing in my head like, oh child, they.
Speaker 5: Go these people, they ain't gonna accept me. I'm too bad, so I would run away from it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I actually as well as I say, I fell poor as my senior.
Speaker 1: Junior arts saying yes, because I was skipping school. I was. I can't, you know.
Speaker 5: But I did pick up some things while I was a part of the performing arts program. And it's funny because that was my very first passion, singing, dancing, acting, all of that. But again I shied away from the ostracides and I got into the beauty industry.
Speaker 1: I've always loved the beauty industry. I love beauty. I love beauty on women.
Speaker 5: I love what it does to Black women and how they feel after they are touched all of that, And so I got into the beauty and street. And I remember starting literally on school. But I would be on the school bustle with some of my best friends back in the day and like they say, they had dog.
Speaker 1: Are you from Atlanta? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you remember the Pink Fox back of the day that has so my girlfriend, and they would.
Speaker 1: Go to the Pink Fox or to set it off.
Speaker 5: And so when they had would get old, I would be like, oh, let me try and fix it back up how it was.
Speaker 1: And I would do that on the school but.
Speaker 3: So you would be like practicing.
Speaker 5: I would be practicing, and so it literally really just turned into this thing.
Speaker 1: My mama.
Speaker 5: My mama never wore like that type of hair. My mama always thought yah, she always thought she was classy, so she wore like.
Speaker 1: A U Shin Young. But I was playing her hair all the time.
Speaker 5: So I knew that was another gift that I had, and I just kind of got more into that as I was, and.
Speaker 6: That transformed you into the How can I say it the hair guru that you are now because you're like you're like you're crazy with it, like I've been to fucking almost every salon that you worked, and.
Speaker 3: Like you're the truth.
Speaker 1: Well, let me say I am not retired.
Speaker 5: I've been retired from the beauty industry now for I think eight years. No, yeah, from the salon industry. Let me say the salon industry. I will always be a part of the beauty industry and it always be a part of me. But no, I retired from that about eight years ago because as I got into film and television, it was hard to continue to do both.
Speaker 6: So do you still do it on a professional level for the film and television or you just completely stopped doing it totally.
Speaker 5: I'm an actor, aut me. Hey, they don't even know who she's sitting up here with.
Speaker 6: No, No, I know you're acting, but I know, like when when something like you said, when the beauty thing is your passion, Like even if.
Speaker 1: My first passion, remember.
Speaker 5: Was the arts, and I became so very good in the beauty industry that it garnered me a certain clientele that put me on television rooms that brought me back to the arts. So it's came a full circle moment, you know what I'm saying. And so my message to people all the time is, you know, nurture the gifts that that you've been given. You know, share it, don't be selfish with it, and pour into other people, because that is the thing that will make room for you. I thought I would be doing half forever, you know, I literally thought I would be doing half forever.
Speaker 1: And you know, from.
Speaker 5: Doing hair on Housewives of Atlanta to becoming a fan favorite as a personality, to having.
Speaker 3: And Serena Williams, that was so long ago.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 5: Enough to know that I never wanted to be a celebrity hairstylist. I was a celebrated hairstyle before I retire. I always said I was a celebrated hairstylist that did some celebrities. But I found joy and pleasure in servicing my everyday women, my everyday corporate professionals, my hot girls, you know, all of them. You know, I had a very wide range of clients, and that is a thing literally that got me into film and television. Yeah, okay, and so as I was trying to do both, and I did both for a long time when Andy Cohen offered me my show on.
Speaker 1: Bravo Fashion Queens.
Speaker 5: Yes, we shot in New York, and I was going to and from New York every single week. I would leave the salon on a Thursday, get on a nine pm flight, go shoot on Fridays on a six am, to be back at the salon at eight am on a Saturday. And I did that during the entire duration of Fashion Queens and then Fast Dynamic do about that. That's my heart me Bebby and Derek j and Fast Forward. I got offered the opportunity to be to have a guest appearance on Empire, and that led to me having that led me to being on Star and I literally I tried to juggle both still being, you know, given one hundred percent to the salon and my team and my clients, and I started to get sick.
Speaker 1: I was tired.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna ask you. Did that not burn you out?
Speaker 1: Real bad, real bad? Hey? Did you have the like coming up you say you always been this way?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Did you have to fight with other boys? Because you know.
Speaker 5: I never because let me tell you what's funny, I never got I never I don't.
Speaker 1: Have a bullying story. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have a bullying story, and I don't know what. I don't know what you know made me so special? I think because you know my upbringing, I didn't really I ain't have to take much from people. Of course, you know, you go get teased regardless. I don't think being teased got anything to do with being gay or straight, because everybody.
Speaker 1: Gets teased, right, so you name it. I've heard every gay.
Speaker 5: Slur, all of that, all that, all that foolishness, but you know it didn't, it didn't. It didn't really bother me. You know, I ain't no no other way to be. But if any.
Speaker 1: Time someone did step to me, I had no problem with hand them on my own. And I have, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't have a story of always having to fight my way out or something.
Speaker 1: I don't have that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I have had some incidents, you know, that were very dangerous here and there, but overall, I don't have a fighting type of story.
Speaker 1: I don't have that.
Speaker 5: And I think what I can what I can I can contribute that to is that I think people are fascinated by people that are just one hundred percent authentic, right, I don't second gainst myself, every move I made, every room I walk into or walk out of. I am intentional about every step, even when I was a child, even as a teenager. And I think that that garners a certain level of intimidation by other people. I don't mean to, I don't mean to intimate anybody, but I think it garners a certain level of intimidation where people are a little less luckedant to, you know, try to try to try me. In so many words, try to try me. I remember somebody told me. I heard somebody say a long time ago, somebody might this is when I was younger, somebody probably wanted to do some bullying type shit, and they was like, do you see how that motherfucker come out the house. That bitch ain't scared of nobody. You don't mess with people like that, you know.
Speaker 1: And so that.
Speaker 5: That was my upbringing, and I carried I carried that that energy everywhere.
Speaker 1: I carried it everywhere.
Speaker 5: But what I carried the most was, you know, I grew up my mother was you know, I grew up in church. And one thing my mother did teach me was that God is your protector, he is your healer, he is your provider. He's all of those things as long as you serve him. And that's what I grew up that way, So I ain't never been scared of nothing on nobody. I ain't never been scared of nothing of nobody. I'm actually more. I'm actually more. Let me say, what is the word I'm looking for? Cautious of the people that smile with you that I am strangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let.
Speaker 6: Me ask you a question, in your honest opinion, like having to deal with all walks of life and like all types of different people, especially like with your film industry thing that you're doing with like your magnificent acting and.
Speaker 3: All that kind of shit, what is it that you.
Speaker 6: Think kind of like makes people homophobic. Do you think it's a fear of the unknown, or do you think that some people are just closed minded and don't understand so they don't try to understand.
Speaker 1: It's false teachings.
Speaker 5: It's the way most of us is raised, especially as black people, right, you know, people, most of us were taught out of the Bible, and people have taken their perception teachers of the Bible, meaning some pastors, some preachers have taken the teachings excuse me, have taken their perception of what the Bible says and what the Scripture says and planted it in our heads.
Speaker 3: Basically laid their own interpretation.
Speaker 5: Onto And I think people have grown up with this idea, and not that I think, I know a lot of us have grown up with this idea that to be this way or to be that way is wrong.
Speaker 1: To be gay is wrong.
Speaker 5: To be pregnant before you're a certain age, before you're married is wrong. You know, to curse, to use cuss words is wrong. All, you know, all a lot of foolishness teachings that people have read in the Bible and have decided that they want to teach it from their perspective of the Word instead of people, instead of people reading it and studying it from them for themselves and learning God and feller guys for themselves and what He means to you. And I say this all the time, is it is written to study and show thy self approve. And when you actually study for yourself, and then when you walk along your journey, then you and you and you interpret it the way that God speaks to you, the way the Holy Spirit speaks to you. You can then teach and spread the gospel. But if you've not study for yourself and understood and learning for yourself, you're only going to lean to man's understanding of what word of what the Word is. And when I say man, I do mean some of the pastores, some of the preachers, some of our evangelists.
Speaker 1: That we've grown up listening to.
Speaker 5: And so if you're yeah, and if you're out, they don't again this listen you. We would have to go all the way back to our beginning. Yeah, to fix it well, first, to understand it, then to do what go out and share it, go out and spread the gospel. And when you go out and spread the gospel, we don't need the people that's in church every day.
Speaker 1: That ain't who we need. We need people like us in this room.
Speaker 5: You know, when you learn something new, when you learn a new when you learn or when you get a new revelation about what the Word is or who God is to you and how God has shown up for you and how God wants to use you.
Speaker 1: That's what a real teaching is.
Speaker 3: Testimony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not based on what man has taught you. In my opinion, it's great. Respective No, I don't know. I just I feel like it's whatever you feel. If you don't feel it, you don't feel it, it could be the bible that could run any of it.
Speaker 1: If you don't feel it, you don't feel it, you know, you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I feel like we all got something in us that we know right some time we go against it for what the ship that we've been talking, No matter what we've been talking, we still to me, we know.
Speaker 1: You get a gut feeling for anything, mm hmm. But my only one got that. Give an example though, And.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like anything, just anything. What do you know when you're doing something when it don't feel right? That is what I'm saying. Let me let me say this something that I swear about. Hold on, let me say this. Like you're saying you couldn't you don't know no other way when you said when you said about you know what I'm saying, you being gay or whatever you said, like what else what I.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to do? You know?
Speaker 2: No way?
Speaker 1: So you feel like that's what you're supposed to be, right, You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you do, if you if you trying to cover it up and mass it up, you would know you feel wrong by trying to cover it up. Man, it's exactly and it's written to my Bible told us to thine own self be true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to dye own self be true.
Speaker 1: So it's the babble. What you say the Bible is a contradiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I won't say that because it's it's again, it's based on your interpretation and how how the Holy Spirit speaks to you. See, people will sit in church, and I don't want to make this whole thing about church and all that, but people will sit there and you will let a pastor or preacher whoever that may be dealing with their own convictions, teach you something and you take that word for it, opposed to going to studying it yourself. Take that word for it, and then you go out and you go spread the same message that they spread, you know, opposed to you, you know, and enlightening yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But something you say, you said, what feels right and what doesn't feel right?
Speaker 1: You know, you always get you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's so I was answer for like a like a like an example, like like a context type thing.
Speaker 2: I think what he's saying is like you, like they always say, God is within you. I think what he's saying is like that, feeling the right and wrong and all this. You don't necessarily need text book, And I ain't trying to speak for you, but you don't need textbook to tell you what's right and wrong. You do and and feel right and when you feel wrong, regardless of religion.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: That's called intuition. It's also called discernment.
Speaker 2: Common to you by the most High. That's it, that's what that's that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what I go by, because see, we could get caught up into all that what's wright and what's wrong. At the end of the day, how do you serve? Do you give your brother close on his back when he's naked, food when he's hungry, and water when he's thirsty at the end of the day, because that comes from the heart, and that's what you judged. Though you're judged on how you serve, and only judged by him on how you serve.
Speaker 1: All the rest of that stuff goes out there.
Speaker 5: When we can sit here and somebody gay, we can call somebody a prostitute, we can call somebody this, call them that judge them, which we're not supposed to based on all of those things. But at the end of the day, when it's all said and done, and when that when judgment day comes, right, guess what you're gag because that same queen, a gay person or whatever, a prostitute or whatever. We'll make it in before you do. Guess what, because that person stood in their own assignment and you don't know if that stripper might have been in there, that stripper could have saved somebody soul one night in the in the strip club.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 5: And because of that, and because of that, God gonna say servant, well done.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Come on up, Yeah, what part of it not?
Speaker 1: Are you're from? He said? Okay, I didn't.
Speaker 5: I got a few cousins that that was that's from out there, but not a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Use more Westside in Eastport.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay.
Speaker 6: So another thing that I wanted to know is while you were doing hair and doing beauty and while you had your salon, how did you balance all of the different people personalities and attitudes that you had to deal with while you were doing people's hair.
Speaker 1: You mean the clients are my staff? Like what you mean everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody, well, I think in all, in any business, you have to set a culture right, right, you set the tone for your business, and you establish a culture. Your culture then fuels the experience for your team and for your clients.
Speaker 1: Are your customers.
Speaker 5: If you got a restaurant, a hair salon, barbershop, whatever it is you have to set.
Speaker 1: You have to set the tone for the culture.
Speaker 5: And in doing that there has to be structure, right, and so there were certain things that I would not allow from a from a professional side. From a professional side, there were things that I would not allow. But I also most importantly, I allowed people to be human. I allow people to be human, but you still had to follow rules and you had to respect me as your stylist, as your team leader.
Speaker 1: I respect my space as the salaw as our salon.
Speaker 5: One thing I was always good about I have to say I never put an I in team.
Speaker 1: My team that worked with me. We we did we did that ship together.
Speaker 5: We did it together, and I think that is what makes a great business and and it creates a really good welcome and atmosphere. I agree, but I you know, I dealt would have. I've seen every every type of client you could think of, and I was always open to receive whatever they had to offer. I believe everybody that you I'm in contact with, whether whether whether it's a personal contact or somebody that's that's walking by and you may you may speak to or have eye contract, there is a reason for every human interaction and encounter. And so I always left myself open and vulnerable to that to the day that I retired, which is why it was so hard for me to retire, because I had built such a strong network and relationships with my team and my clients. But yeah, definitely, definitely definitely family, but family that respected each other and we respected boundaries, and I think that's why I was able to be so successful while I was in the beauty.
Speaker 1: Industry for twenty years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and didn't really have any any any major hiccups.
Speaker 1: Every you gonna have hiccups regard any business. You're gonna have some hiccups.
Speaker 5: But that was, you know, it was that is a chapter that I would I would know and aftually the chapter is and closed. It's a long part is but again I will forever be a part of the beauty industry. I mean, it's it's envy up here with eye browns and paint on. Right now, you know what I'm saying. And whether you know it or not, everybody has a little piece of beauty.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know. It's inquisitive to it.
Speaker 5: Right when you wake up in the morning, the first thing you do is go to the mirror and say, how do I let you pay attention to and you're cognizant of what facial products you use.
Speaker 1: That's beauty.
Speaker 5: The beauty industry is in everything. I don't care, and it's in everybody. The first thing you do when you get up, most people are supposed to thank God. But after that you go and you look at the mirror and say, what am I gonna give today? You're not You're finna get prepared, brush.
Speaker 1: And take a shower this first thing.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you go brush up pearly while you're gonna put that moisturized on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna put that cocoa. But I shaved, but he like, you want coco but shave butter see see see what I'm saying. You won't do that because.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be ashy.
Speaker 5: You want you don't want to be asked, You don't want to skin the glow. Yeah, it's a little bit of beauty industry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you need some cogmitic to him, some wet, some sponge to the brands, a big Josh shave butter right there for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, said anything else about what I got, big fac.
Speaker 2: What kind of legacy you think you're creating? If somebody said, what kind of legacy are you creating? Like, how would you best?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something?
Speaker 5: As the mother in Atlanta, I grew up in the late in the nineties, early two thousands, I was I'm the eighties baby.
Speaker 1: When I was.
Speaker 5: Outside as a young teenager, won't nobody walk around like me at all?
Speaker 1: Won't nobody want want?
Speaker 5: No boys walking around with handbags, nip bloss. He'll go back in the day I used to wear like juice to coletol, jogging suits and sweatsuits and stuff and the temperance.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah it was real cute. But anyway, and baby, I.
Speaker 5: Will pump through the underground Atlanta and all around. But that was I could not find people that reminded me of myself, right, But I would sit here today in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Have y'all paid attention to all time changed?
Speaker 1: Have you paid.
Speaker 5: Attention to Atlanta. We everywhere, We everywhere. Yeah, and I'm joking, but I'm serious.
Speaker 1: But also it's the stuff that people don't get to see, you know.
Speaker 5: It's the connections, right, it's again going back to the beauty industry. It's the homes that I was able to touch. For every black woman that sat in my chair, I had the opportunity to lend myself, in my spirit to a whole household. I have been to funerals of their children. I have been to weddings. I have been to the voice courts. You name it now, it is what it is, you name it.
Speaker 1: I've done that.
Speaker 5: And so everything that I have learned that's been instilled in me, I've been able to share it to everybody that I've come in contact with, especially here in this city, and it you know, it's it's something that I'm very, very proud of. And I have to say that I feel like I carry the torch. I'm one of the ones that carry the torch as we all are big back. You're doing the same, and I'm going somewhere with it. When you think of Atlanta and what Atlanta represents at its core, at its foundation, at its roots, and that is the birthplace of the civil rights movement. When you think about who those people were, when you think about Andy Young, doctor King, Maynard Jackson, you know, all, Joseph E. Lowry, all of them, they had them and grigor, a lot of grit and tenacity to make sure that we as black people in this city got to live like our white counterparts.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: And so we all get to sit up here now and we driving porsches, we driving g wagons and maybox and all this shit. We owning businesses and buildings and all this kind of stuff because of the work and the foundation that they laid that we now, whether we know it or not, are standing on their shoulders and we're carrying it on.
Speaker 1: The thing that you do when you go out hiking.
Speaker 5: That's a movement. Yeah, this is the birthplace of movements. Let's be very clear. You know, as a proud black gay individual in this city going back, there wasn't a lot of people that looked like me. But guess what it is now that was we all we all have this innate responsibility and this innate gesture to be leaders and to start movements, whether they are comfortable or uncomfortable or not but.
Speaker 1: The goal, the original goal, way back in the day.
Speaker 5: The goal and the vision was for us to all live comfortably, in abundance and equal. And I think we all play a part in that, the gays, the straits, you know, the elders, the young and going back to your first question, you know what's on your mind when I the stuff, there was just a big fight of something that happened. I forgot what city that was, and the little girl was left hospitalized, These little young girls. Nobody is teaching these children the way that we were taught. You know, you won't fight it. You don't do don't you don't don't fight each other, right, you know you? I mean they yeah, you're gonna have a little fight here and now, but not they're trying to kill each other. I just I just read that Louisiana passed to build that eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: I think it's an eighteen year old.
Speaker 5: They can now carry guns without training, without permit. You know what, You know that it's all by divine, by by plan, it's on purpose because they know we are such age a messed up group of people, not by our own fault, by the way, a messed up group of people that them guns are not going to turn to each other and in that generation as as I'm sorry as it's been happening already.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 5: People are here worried about if Meek Mills gay or not, are if Ditty gay or not, or if whoever.
Speaker 1: Is gay or not. They are here worried about that shit.
Speaker 5: And you got children that got guns, and they hand shooting, ship up, shooting up.
Speaker 1: They don't have respect for elders no more either.
Speaker 5: And while people, you know, while you busy focusing on that, be focused and worried about your mama out there with these, be focused and worried about your children out there, because you don't know what's gonna happen when they go outside there. Though, right, you don't know what's gonna happen. You know, you might need that that gay boy or that lesbian girl, or that trans woman or whatever. You might need them one that you you might need them to protect your child one day, all to protect your black ass, All to protect your black ass. You bet you might need them to pull you out of a motherfucking burden pod anything.
Speaker 1: Because we hear rolls too. We hear rolls too.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of goddamn work to do. Where do you think it started? This? Right here?
Speaker 5: When I saw you at the mayor saying and you said I want to have you on my show, that meant everything to me.
Speaker 1: You know how growing up straight niggas.
Speaker 5: I ain't never had no problem with them. I wouldn't really, I wouldn't really fool them for a long time. No, you know, because you know I'm like, oh, no, child, they don't see it for me. I don't see it for them. But we've grown up. I mean, listen, they don't see it for me. I don't see it for them because I'll be like, bitch, I don't want you to think I'm looking at you.
Speaker 1: Bitch, don't look at me, because if you look at me.
Speaker 5: A certain type of way, I'm going say something away had a.
Speaker 2: Mouth on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. So fast forward to where we are today.
Speaker 5: Now that I am aware, now that I have studied and shown myself approved, I now know where the disconnect has come from between black gay people are LGBTQ people, in particularly black gay men and black straight men. I know exactly where the disconnect comes from, and I'm no longer afraid or apprehensive about embracing my straight brothers or sisters and hopes that you know, it will be reciprocated eventually. So going back when I saw you at the Mayor's Mask after party, Mayor's Mask Ball after party, I think that's how it goes.
Speaker 1: But anyway, and you invited me on the shop, so this is that's amazing.
Speaker 5: I was excited, I'm and I'm still exciting, you know, because we don't get ahead these type of moments and this when people get to see it, that sparks change it sparks change. It will continue to kill that idea, are that long running practice of us not being able to be or coexists in the same space or to possibly be able to create effective change. So to your question, how do we fix it? We fix it by doing this, you know, because somebody somewhere, while you probably more than likely when you post it, you're gonna have some foods in the comments, but somebody somewhere is gonna spread the message and say, wait a minute, if this can happen, that's gonna be a little boy somewhere who's probably twelve thirteen years old now that may come across this that maybe gay or struggling with his sexuality that may feel that much more confident when you go outside and go and speak to his straight brother or sister.
Speaker 1: Because of moments like this.
Speaker 5: So it's have more of these, more of these moments, and then start to figure out how we work.
Speaker 1: So it's called working from the inside out.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're on the precipice of another you know, presidential election, but I'm more so concerned about obviously the presidential election. But because you know, I understand politics, we have to be real scared about what happens, you know, on a state level, you know, you know, And so in order to make sure that we are good, make sure our children are good, make sure my mama get to keep her social Security because that's on the line with this new presidential election, they trying to take away social Security.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no goddamn money.
Speaker 5: I ain't working out no how long because of the strike, because of the pandemic, all of it all. Look, my mama needs her social Security because my my father just passed last year. My mama needs her social Security because that's how we use that to aid it.
Speaker 1: I do what I can now.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong, but we we needed our seniors need. They need to be taken care of. Our seniors got to be taken care of. What else is at stake? Our fucking black history, our mother fucking black history. What good is it gonna do any of our children for them to go to school and not get to learn nothing about where they actually call from.
Speaker 1: Just talking about that, they said that they was taking the books out of the.
Speaker 5: Yeah no I remember, no, no, yeah no, I was somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah no, my dog, Larry's fought, said Larry's.
Speaker 5: He was just telling me, like in Florida, like you can't even search like black history books.
Speaker 2: We took governor the sentence the sentence, What do you what are you doing for them? He's his agenda. He's like, you're gonna learn about what we want you to learn, and we want to cut what we want to cut out, including history.
Speaker 1: You think other people are gonna follow suit like.
Speaker 2: Other now.
Speaker 3: Without repercussion.
Speaker 2: Republicans Yeah, and I ain't listen. Republicans get an agenda, Democrats get an agendas. A lot of ship I don't agree with on both ends, but their their agenders.
Speaker 5: But if we teach our people though they don't even know, But how do you do that.
Speaker 1: Everybody got to be on one accord. Everybody.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's starting their own home though.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, it starts in the homes first.
Speaker 5: But if you now have babies raising babies, who's who are teaching them? So I say, our generation right now, the ones that are are aware and are becoming an our socially conscious, we got a big job to do because it's gonna be us having to save us. Ain't nobody gonna come do it.
Speaker 1: It ain't happening capital here. They don't know.
Speaker 5: And we get on one accord, fix home first and really stand as a united front.
Speaker 1: We don't need them motherfuckers. No way will make it. What you think make niggas not stick together.
Speaker 5: Uh, several things ego, jealousy, hate you and guess what's fueled by them goddamn phones and that social media? Them goddamn phones and the social media. And let me also say again that was done on purpose. It was a part of the greater plan. See one thing, our motherfucking you know, oppressors, haters who one thing.
Speaker 1: They're good, they're good at planning, they're real good at planning. We don't. We're the only ones gonna plan. They real good at.
Speaker 5: Planning and organizing because we don't think. But they still ain't smarter than us. See that's the piece. We just don't plan, we don't organize, we don't strategize, right, but if we do, and see they know that because if we do, we can them motherfuckers is go be.
Speaker 2: Skipping shut in with the George Floyd.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna be the nigga like they always got.
Speaker 5: Now some always happen to the nigga who'll be over them talking.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be the faces I mean.
Speaker 1: To like, now they gonna get.
Speaker 2: Nobody at the head of that. Like the George Floyd situation, it was just collective.
Speaker 5: So it was Black Lives Matter m But weren't they fraudulent? Let me please, that's good. Let me give credits and recognition. I do not know the young lady's name. That there was a black young woman that took her phone out and recorded what happened to George Floyd. So she was the one the Black Lives Matter movement got behind it. Black Lives Matter movement had already been there. That was Trayvon Martin, that was Eric Gardner, that was you know, you name it Sandra Bland, Breonna Taylor. I mean we can go on and on. Now, you said, weren't they fraudulent or weren't they find No, no, no, you're right, you're not wrong. But how quickly did that get put out there? And people completely forgot about the global movement.
Speaker 1: The George pashtag George Floyd, and I mean global.
Speaker 5: It was motherfucker's in Paris, I mean everywhere saying George Floyd.
Speaker 1: And guess what the enemy came and did?
Speaker 5: And when I say the enemy, I'm talking about they. Let's see what this black line, Let's look into them, Let's see what's going on here. They did shit wrong to nobody. They ain't hurt nobody, This is my opinion. They ain't hurt no damn body. Now, they might have misappropriated some funds or somewhere.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't give her damn saying that you said they did more good.
Speaker 5: And if they ain't did what they want, somebody went about a matching or something like that, But she fucking deserved it. Yeah, I agree that I can't be over no big a fun, some some money like this.
Speaker 4: When I forget some of this ship too, Like what's so what's the field of like another problem because you just started the best safe of organization like ship want to go because I need to know how this ship.
Speaker 5: You got to have a real good accountant and bookkeeper.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. What do you get you get out of here?
Speaker 2: You can hire yourself and have a job. Huh, you can how much?
Speaker 5: Like I brought in one hundred million? How much did do I pay myself? But it has to go through your board. So once you set your board up, because you have to have a board with a nonprofit. Once you set the board up, everything is because it's public record, and you decide on how much you pay yourself.
Speaker 6: You you you grade your pay scale however you want to do it, but it.
Speaker 1: Has to be it depends on how we bring it in. I can't just get on those sets.
Speaker 5: If if my fave got this, if if what's the name of the name of black lives mile with mine, unless they made five hundred million dollars and she took a hundred million dollars, she won't.
Speaker 1: No, So I think it's a thing of making sure your ship set up right.
Speaker 5: How can you set up right when you don't know if it's gonna be that like this is a percentage base, Yeah, instead of doing if they had agreed to.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be fit.
Speaker 5: It is what you're talking about, supposed to fifty fifty fitty to the people.
Speaker 1: Fitting. To me, that is not how they go. You are out of order. One for me, nobody else, anybody gonna donate you. You gotta stop what it is.
Speaker 2: What it is is this they have They have like a designated if you're the president of a civil rights nonprofit organization, I know you gotta live. They know you gotta live. Right, It's just like the president of the United States, there's designated salaries. Now, obviously some people make more than other people. But if you got five hundred million and you take two hundred and fifty million, like god damn, that's as president making a lot of you a greeting. They're gonna look into it.
Speaker 5: But I think you deserve at least fit, I mean at least fitted to one hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh No, for sure, I mean, oh for sure. And I don't think you should. I don't think I don't think that you should be like guilty about your mention because that Black Lives Matter ship. Why would why would you not your family know.
Speaker 1: You're gonna fuck your people with your money.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 6: They said, to the amount of money that that.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna my family? Are you gonna tell me what my people work?
Speaker 2: They didn't got any didn't and then maybe.
Speaker 3: Said she's gonna help the family really well, that.
Speaker 5: The problem she wasn't keeping a road that it was just like she probably made that up Google.
Speaker 1: They said she probably she wasn't doing right by the money that you fucks. That's the allegation work.
Speaker 5: Now she was put in her family only giving them out rats amount of money.
Speaker 3: And she didn't do with.
Speaker 6: With people assumed she would families like the family that she's supposed to help and she willing to pay.
Speaker 3: And we're getting the money.
Speaker 1: That people donating to.
Speaker 2: So let me correlate this to religious leaders regardless.
Speaker 3: Of the donations.
Speaker 2: Religious leaders right, religious leaders know that religious things that live on with for the gusta.
Speaker 3: She belonged to the streets.
Speaker 2: Religious leaders that live in nice houses and have jets and cars and all that, like what they right or wrong. I'm just curious that's different.
Speaker 5: Bro, I'm getting I'm I'm healing niggas. How are you gonna put a price on how you gonna put it, believe that believe in me or believe in my church?
Speaker 6: And are you going that just like Jimmy, Jimmy Fay and Tammy Baker. I mean, come on, well, Tammy Fay with that fucking the fucking Holy Water ship that.
Speaker 3: Now that was that was egregious.
Speaker 1: How you find out it's fake though?
Speaker 2: What some people believe that that water was doing?
Speaker 5: You know, I mean, listen, fake that's just like you're going to get some crystals right at the crystal store and you wham and you you automatically think that you have been I put my crystal on. I feel like this ship is just all fucked up, right because I mean, look at the fucking insurance industry. Yeah, you want to talk about a scam, the biggest you want to talk.
Speaker 1: About a scam? Yeah, So to that.
Speaker 5: You know regard, I still don't care what the black lives about the move. I don't care exactly I pay. I forgot how much I pay in insurance, very much. And the menuce and ship happened. I got to make a claim. The motherfuckers at like Hell froze over you.
Speaker 2: Speaking fast.
Speaker 1: They do take you through a lot.
Speaker 5: But don't nobody be going off and losing it and creating, you know, hate groups against them.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a bitch go out there and get diagnosed with cancer, that insurance gonna only cover a certain amount of it.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, But you're paying three hundred dollars that more.
Speaker 5: And they go out there and figure out what they're gonna do, how they're gonna be able to beat this, and they don't have help from these big corporation's big corporation that you're gonna pay it into I don't know how long speak. And the minute you can't pay it, the minute you get laid off from your job, but you run out of all your sick days, your assurance is gone.
Speaker 1: Now after you paid all that money, what you're gonna do? But you worried about a bitch that bought a mansion. Do you see what I'm saying? Yeah, yes, say anything else? When I got big.
Speaker 5: That well, I don't want nobody on money if it ain't mine, I don't want to touch it. I don't want to deal with it semi mind no. But you're gonna use your nonprofit, You're gonna use your foundation, your organization because it's gonna make your.
Speaker 1: What's the name of when you hike it with? Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But them people put the money, the money on need to come to me right and then on the stuff feeling like his mind like, don't let me get over the money.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you don't. That's why you have That's why you have your.
Speaker 5: Your account whoever, that's why you set everything up properly, and you have your you know, you have your your team and your staff that works on the foundation.
Speaker 1: They run everything. Could that ship be too tempted? You think that money ain't tempting?
Speaker 5: Oh I would have managin your sol got access to it, I would listen to you. I'm an old queen from Atlanta, Honey. They don't call Atlanta the scam city for nothing. And bitch, we really started the ship. Don't get me to talk tempting. I'm always looking for something. What they better be Glad I'm on TV. That's all I got the same because I've been done gotten so much stuff because it's so easy that I ain't gonna do it. I'm gonna earn my own life, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, but when you do start and let me know what kind of organizations y'all gonna donate to.
Speaker 2: I got one.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of money and this ship though, but I would want to be compensated though.
Speaker 2: You should, you will, you will be.
Speaker 5: That's want to say, you pay yourself a percentage of what the foundation receives in donation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, because you're working. That's what it is. You're working.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of these big organizations are nonprofit. When you think about a National Action national Action network, you think about the Rainbow Push Coalition, you know, that's all donation driven.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard Rolex is nonprofit?
Speaker 1: Rolex is nonprofit?
Speaker 2: I don't understand how that works to this day.
Speaker 1: Rolex is No, yes, it is.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how that works to this day, but it works. The Rolex is a nonprofit organization. Promise you google. Yah, Yeah, nonprofit organization. I still don't understand it, and I read on it a million times and it's like foreign to me. However, they work it because they work. Their nonprofit legitimately makes a lot of money every year.
Speaker 5: Scam. Rolex is a scam. I did not say that, but I think the way in that type of stuff happens is very It comes across as scamy.
Speaker 2: They probably take the money from you to watch and bust it down between whoever make the money and gives something some good causes. That's my what my assumption. Like I said, I still don't understand how that works though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're just giving the taxes to to the people problem because whoever make them watches, they probably paying them so much they deaf with the money coming in it.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm.
Speaker 1: They don't cost that much to make them watches.
Speaker 5: She that what you're gonna say, you cost you to make it, if you if you got another problem, Oh yeah, you can say.
Speaker 1: It costs whatever. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's where the scam comes in. And you overpricing it departs. Everything is overpriced. Yeah, oh yeah. Look at the automobile industry. You want to talk about scam. My child, my little car is on like support. Now, don't spend all that mone on that car. And it's some dumb shit happenings, and you go try. You go to the dealership to get it fixed, they tell you fifteen thousand dollars. You go to the old boy up the street.
Speaker 1: He said, I don't know. Just to give me two bands?
Speaker 2: Is that scam?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Capitalism?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Like that's kind of like.
Speaker 1: Is a goddamn scam? Oh no, man.
Speaker 2: If I can sell that water right there for one hundred, I'm sell it for a hundred.
Speaker 1: That ship really is, that ship really is and ship really is fucked up town.
Speaker 2: Can you do the same ship if you listen, if you can get and they're.
Speaker 1: Taking advantage you said, I'm saying better marketing, better brand.
Speaker 2: You get fifty or one hundred or two fifty or half a mil or meal for the appearance. You ain't gonna be like, no, that's not fair. I don't come on, man, this is America. That's a capitalist place. That's all appearance for appearances, for your for what you sell product.
Speaker 5: Right now, you just start getting booked, say things, they booking you for fifty thousand, so for ten thousand, for what five thousand people? You go five thousand people and they pay you fifty thousand, but your number going up. But you still doing the same Thingue you wouldn't take two hundred thousand Like now, I'm gonna keep this.
Speaker 1: Ship right here.
Speaker 5: That's not fair that somebody offer me no that's the first of all, it's not good analogy because's not the same thing somebody of personally.
Speaker 2: What about your products? You have products, right, do you sell anything? I've had products, You've had products. So if your product goes out there, let's say your product is just as good as a big corporation product or better, right, and that product is people like, we buy this product, we like it for our skin. It's twenty nine ninety nine. But then maybe a big corporation get involved or sharp tim whatever the now it's ninety nine ninety nine. This is a capitalist society. You're not going to say no, don't sell it for more.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna do that for the people.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's inflation. I guess capitalism.
Speaker 2: As long as we are right.
Speaker 5: I still think it don't make no goddamn sense for me to go have to get my cop fixed.
Speaker 1: And ten thousand dollars. The old boy round the corner saying, did he fix it right?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: We're too bad, too bad cold, Probably better to go right back, do the same ship.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he fixed it, he fixed it right. It's just it's working that mother, Look it worked.
Speaker 2: This capitalist I'm just saying this is a capitalist society. I ain't saying I agree with it. I'm just saying, and that's the reality that I came to, Like, this is a capitalist place. People used to last a long time and that wasn't profitable. And Toyota still do, yeah they do, but.
Speaker 1: They start remixing them too.
Speaker 5: All this ship, water down, the food, everything you got, fire, even your clothes. Like I remember your grandmother, the man I had these jeans and seventy two.
Speaker 1: Man, she started tearing up on their own.
Speaker 2: Close everything levis want and done.
Speaker 1: You go go wash some ship.
Speaker 2: Go wash it doesn't even happened.
Speaker 1: You better hand wash.
Speaker 2: That might not work. We used to Washington hang it in the clothes lines and it lasts whatever. But yeah, I'm just saying we're in the capitalists.
Speaker 1: Are you from Atlanta as well?
Speaker 2: Screen the cat Okay, y'all from the cat Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, from the deep east Side, grow.
Speaker 1: The East Ade.
Speaker 5: You just need to y'all miss missus program that's what from right. The women's saying it all kind of yeah, miss But I used to I used to love it and that was a that was a place, you know, JJ Ribschad remember Tiny used to work in the name Tiny.
Speaker 1: The lady used to cut you out to just.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, that was the West Side version of That was the west.
Speaker 1: Side version of miss An.
Speaker 6: I'm coming there with no cell phone, pe period.
Speaker 1: Get the out.
Speaker 5: I went in there one day, me and one of my close friends and were together. Yeah, she said, you sit down, and you sit down there. We can't sit together.
Speaker 1: She said, you want to eat a nut? That she at, you want to eat a knot? And I had an e f PC in so I was on my phone, but she know it. So she looked. She said, you're on that phone, ain't you.
Speaker 3: I said, no, Yeah. That was grounds dismissal up out of his end, and she.
Speaker 5: Keep her back turned on the grid the whole time. I ain't talking to you, ain't nothing to turn around checking.
Speaker 1: And that's it. Zero engagement zero.
Speaker 5: But those are the those the best place. That's another thing that made me say, it's like those places are leaving.
Speaker 3: The city is changing.
Speaker 2: Apostle.
Speaker 5: Sure, a lot of them, you know, they leave. And we still got a little Vizy B rider corner. I still I miss a Visy B.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out Melissa, everybody over there.
Speaker 5: I always called Tom you know to me over that Oh yeah, that's my girl, asked about the other day too.
Speaker 1: He ain't been back to get there. But I can't eat it no more.
Speaker 5: Put me good and they kool aid because that's kool aid they want to call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that fried fish in that pound cake used to be.
Speaker 5: And too, I missed this ship man. Man, that's crazy. I just thought about him saying, man, she's lady now. She was the one man she was because you still can feel like, can we go down here that they cut school, she still cut you out while you cult school, gett a burger and all that, but you still can feel you know how you see them old lady like you still feel like they with you even though they cutting love. That's not like still like I'm.
Speaker 1: Finna go up here and get cuts that like I won't. I won't. I want you to.
Speaker 3: Court me out like my dad. Finna go right until I get this.
Speaker 2: You think miss ann wild still be the same with this youth now though like maybe breaking.
Speaker 3: There it was.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that that's what messed up.
Speaker 1: Like you.
Speaker 2: Want you tell me to you that some love now it ain't that ain't safe.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I knows she ain't say same at Grandma.
Speaker 5: You're gonna fragmant saying, man, something's really wrong with them.
Speaker 1: She don't know.
Speaker 2: I'll be like somebody that.
Speaker 1: Like we are doomed. I just wish that these kids was you know, open to receiving, you know, receiving like you know, a better way, you know. Really not they not. They're not like they're not. It ain't they're not. I pray and hope, but they're not.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It ain't just our people. To me, it's just the way of the world.
Speaker 2: Bro mm hmmm, the.
Speaker 1: Ones and all. This ship ship is fucked up.
Speaker 5: Bro, niggas is just not watching just watching it in yet man and fow you don't see evil like edit everybody into countries, wise husbands, everybody rigid, the temperature.
Speaker 1: Of the world. I don't know how the world got us. Like what the call this ship Rachel retro. She gotta shift back some kind of way. I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I don't know what that's going to a miracle, but I believe. I believe it can happen. Yeah, I do believe. You know what, I learned about a lot of these kids. If you take the time and talk to just just talk to them. They appear real bad. Now some of them are monsters. They appear bad, but they ain't necessarily now, all of them. I remember I was sitting in one of the little restaurants on Pemon Kabab something. Yeah, and the little boy, you know, the water boys always been so they walking by and they come in, you know, they don't walk in, They're like, you know, give up, you know whatever. The owner, I don't know if it was an own or not, somebody that worked there run out and start going off and just and you know, on the boy he started going back and I said, I said, come, heut.
Speaker 1: I said come, I said, how you doing that? Nah?
Speaker 5: He saw so that said, you're gonna get me something that I ain't gonna let me get. He ain't gonna let me get my food. I said, but this is the way, I said, you gotta approach it a certain way. And I just talked to him. I talked to him as though I knew him. I talked to him as though he was family. And he calmed all the way down and he just left gracefully. Them Yeah, them but there's read them be very you know, it's it ain't it ain't all of them, man, some of the hundred yeah, ducky you and the owner, every but crazy man.
Speaker 1: It's something. It's something in the kool aid man, something the man chicken, it's something all and then you're saying, it's like.
Speaker 5: Everybody going through something, even motherfucker who's supposed to be able to talk to him.
Speaker 1: That's why I hope the ship we do, we get on the pub on Instagram, say list shit. I hope niggas can just spark and get some you know what I'm saying. I'm finding other people shit, people say shit, put it on, just share the shit. Just hopefully got because it's all it is. Mindset. You get one little spark, you might because man, let me ask you a question. Go ahead, where do you think it came from? What? Just whole ship? These keep this generation.
Speaker 5: Instagram man, because at the end of the day, social media in the day, if opinions is too high right now and then it's easy to get embarrassed. So everybody trying to put out their highlight real it's easy for a person embarrassing the internet. Don't forget so everybody trying to protect getting embarrassed or protect theyselves from just you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, somebody going outsad or looking bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or even comments like even comments fucking nigga, Like you can look at a comment on your page from a motherfucker you never from a fake page. That ship turn ship right then and there. It could be some ship because you believe it about yourself.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Anything you see that that stick to you.
Speaker 5: You either say ahead, do you think we as black people play a part in that major We the we're the only man, Go ahead say it, because I know what, You're the only niggas that play us. We play ourselves to say. When you look at who all most of the blog science and you run yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's us. But but that ship catch twenty two because if we don't do it, ship, brust up niggas gonna do it. Somebody gonna spread this out.
Speaker 1: This is all we were drawing to, like the consumer that we want, We're gonna have to stop.
Speaker 5: Look at I'm not mad at like you know, yeah, do your big one, get your average times and money, get get all of it.
Speaker 1: But balance that ship out. Yeah, balance it out. You see more harble shit than you see good ship on blocks.
Speaker 5: That's crazy to me. And you know, when I've talked to some of it, well, people don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: I don't so much.
Speaker 5: You own the ship and make them see it. Cook, make them god damn see it. You know, there has to be a you know, accountability that takes place. Because we can do this all day and talk about how we need to you know, work from the inside out mentor and talk to our youth more. But if we're going up against the machine, which is social media, if we're going up against no shade rap lyrics, that these kids are internalizing what the fuck we're going and that we're gonna just keep going in the circle facts, We just gonna keep going in the certain and remember that song enough if you bo I used to love that No Shape, but it ain't make me want to go fight.
Speaker 1: They club, Yeah, beat the sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just different.
Speaker 1: Just it's just different.
Speaker 2: It's just different.
Speaker 1: It might be a shooting, but it wasn't no yet now. No, you know, when I was young, every day, Yeah, it was no shooting, want no guns. It was that there was it was a lot of fighting that stuff that people used to jomp people. People jomp people. They didn't do that no more used to jop people.
Speaker 3: You know you can you can wake up from a jump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you you can get up from a joke. You'll be firing a couple of days. We ain't like that no more. I remember I was young, remember yo. Remember I don't know how you remember m b K.
Speaker 3: My parents won't let me go there.
Speaker 2: Oh I used to Yeah, I enough.
Speaker 1: I used to go to m b K.
Speaker 5: I had a fresh stoop pair of Rebot Classics and I had the hair and ball chain with the did you ever wear a case with I never wore case Swiss because always thought my feet was fat and I always thought I looked stupid so bad. So that's why I want to rebox classics because they were a little more choky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I could dance.
Speaker 5: Real good, and I felt like the rebox Rebox classes gave me a sturdy study grip on the flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So look, so this is what this is what I wanted to ask you because I've always wanted to know this. When you were doing.
Speaker 6: Your stint on the Real Housewives, what happened that made you just say like, hey, I'm done with this. They made you leave because you were on it for a long time and then it was like you just left, Like.
Speaker 3: What the hell happened with you?
Speaker 1: A couple of things.
Speaker 5: There there was that had started to become a rise in and well, first of all, let's let's start with equal opportunity. Okay, let's start with that. Let's you know when you talk about pay, inequality and all that kind of stuff. Now, when I first got on Housewives, I was there day one of shooting the pilot, day one. You know, there wasn't a whole lot of gay linguo. It wasn't a whole lot of reading and shade and what. You ain't hear that a lot unless it came out in my mouth or you know, fast forward. Now, I didn't come up with that jargon. No, I didn't come up with You introduced it to that, say, okay, yeah, fast forward.
Speaker 1: It became a popular thing. Fine, no problem.
Speaker 5: Listen, We're all here to to influence and inspire each other to be greater versions of better versions of ourselves, more entertaining versions of ourselves. Right, So you basically showed the I'm just seeing thinking I just began so you showed niggas they could be gay.
Speaker 1: Basically, people winding back you said the first one, I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying like you made it basically, like like you said, they was afraid to go where the hills and you're saying you feel like you stepped the Uh.
Speaker 1: So I've been told and yes I will. I will take ownership in that. Yeah, are you supposed to I take I take ownership in that. Yeah, I do. Because when I got on Housewives and I was doing it, it was I mean, if you could see the.
Speaker 5: The comments that well back then it wasn't we didn't have all the block sites and stuff, but people would you know, they were find a way and all your other comments. I have people to this day they were like, oh my god, you the reason I moved to Atlanta because I saw you and you were so free and I knew I could come to Atlanta and I could just be me.
Speaker 1: I could just live, you know. So yeah, I will, I will take ownership in that.
Speaker 5: And so fast forward, you know, after we so many seasons in and I'm like, why am I still finding to get more money or to get what I'm I just do because I am technically eight B characters what they call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, it's not reflecting in the pay. In addition to, you know, wants you to be a studying for like, well, they wanted me to be.
Speaker 3: They wanted to suck the sauce dry the ton guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, compensate you for it. The token gay, you know, the they brought the excitement to the show. Yeah, you know, they because they thought I was excited. But I had to tell a few people on the show in private, bitch, I bought. I bought myself Chanelle way before I even knew I was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Able to be on TV.
Speaker 5: Right, I've been as successful at that time. I had been a successful hairstyle ast for years. I was a six figure earner at the age of twenty three years old. Right, bitch, I'm not gonna be coming shooting all this ship for five dollars.
Speaker 1: Because you think I'm excited. I don't. I was always popular.
Speaker 5: You feel like you're paying more for your clothes than they like if you add up, of course I did what I'm saying, like more for your clothes than they was paying you.
Speaker 1: Like this was up one. It was like one pay check was a handbag for me. But anyway, but.
Speaker 5: It's like I'm not I'm not going up like this is what I'm not going to do because I'm not excited. I've always been very popular, so I've never been like attention seeking fame whore, like I don't care, I didn't care, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Where are my coins?
Speaker 5: Where am I going to? And how is this benefiting me? And and then they're started to become this kind of up tick uprising of like homophobia in a certain way. Right, So there was one episode where the young man, you know, he got beat up one the King's friends.
Speaker 1: He got beat up. Yeah, yeah, Now.
Speaker 5: Nobody took accountability in that. There was no formal apology, that was no nothing. The minute somebody get mad at somebody, somebody is, you know, a queen, are gay though they acting gay?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a queen, as though that's a bad thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you can't out of one breath use all the jargon and fag out and all that, and then at the next breath, will somebody pish you off? You want to call him a queen or you want to call him gay as though it's a bad thing. Right, And then when that whole little fight happened, that time with the young man.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I'm done, you know, because I can't be you know, a stern figure or fixture in my community and in the Black algerb tak your community and occupy that type of space where there's little regard to.
Speaker 5: Who people like myself who we are as human beings, and nobody is held account before it. And so I left, and I was asked back several times. I was actually big, but I said, you know, I said no. I said no because I didn't need it. I didn't need it, and thank god I did, because I probably wouldn't have made it to you know, national television.
Speaker 1: On script on scripted series.
Speaker 5: I probably would have made it on the big screens as a principal actor for Universal Pictures, you know all.
Speaker 1: That kind of stuff. Yeah, do I talk ship, but sometimes I knew we want to. Sometimes I really do. We want to, let a bitch know it, But no, I stay humble.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you pulling up the big fast.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad we had this.
Speaker 2: Follow you and support you.
Speaker 5: Y'all can follow me on all social media platforms and Miss Lawrence at Miss Lawrence and my s S L A.
Speaker 2: W R E N t there. It is check us out to a w w w oh.
Speaker 5: I started that, y'all, y'all want to I don't know. I'm sorry, friend. I started a dance but I do a dance party once a month. It's Friday. The next one is just coming Friday, y'all, free police pull up, sell tickets online. But I started it a for several reason. One because it's like, okay, just let me figure out another stream of income. Two motherfuckers just need somewhere to go dance, let loose, be free and have a good It's I do it at apartment for me, at the penthouse on top. It's called the penthouse, so it's like now they have the penthouse, the apartment, and then underneath it's called the basement.
Speaker 1: So I do up there. It's so much fun. DJ E Class is my feature DJ. It's a real good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my boy Louis v tard me on it them.
Speaker 1: They got some food over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so y'all, I'm gonna see you particularly plead buy a ticket. If you can't combine for somebody, you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 1: How you don't want to come? You know? Thank you? You been going there and drink and enjoy the music. And it's it's a it's an open to all you.
Speaker 3: Know part of it me my article is and chant.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect, it's a good time. I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: And let me say this's something that I did not say.
Speaker 5: The space that I like to occupy that I'm aware that I occupy, and and and I think it's a privilege is being in this great area.
Speaker 1: You know, I know the language of my straight brothers and sisters and my l g B t Q brothers and sisters, and so I feel like I have this kind of innate assignment to bridge the gap.
Speaker 5: Yes, and that is reflective that, Yeah, And so that is reflected in my dance party. That's reflected in the dinners that I hold, which is called plated purpose by miss miss Lawrence presents plated purpose.
Speaker 1: It's reflected in all of that because that is that at the end of the day, that is the work that I am about you know doing. Yeah, that's dope. Do thank you some.
Speaker 5: Invite you one of my devillers. You got to call you, gonna come to you that you're not gonna say you eat.
Speaker 1: Restaurant.
Speaker 5: Well, I always have a big I always have a vegan option. You call my sister, y'all go, you know what we do at inn the table talk about this kind of stuff, but it's with very fine food, and it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good, Yes, really good.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's it. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Check us out at w w W dot bigfaxspot dot com, like, subscribe, comment all that on the Big Facts networks.
Speaker 1: On the streets, it's Big Facts, no cap, bitch,