Speaker 1: It's time to raise the roof for our latest regular season podcast. Welcome back to the pod everyone, I'm your host Alex Murphy. Today we have one of our famous Raise interview podcast, a compilation of interviews from recent Raise games, basically all over the last week. And if you guys haven't seen what the Race have done, the Rais are in a six game winning streak right now. They just took down the Cleveland Guardians today in the second game of their series in Cleveland. The Rays are thirteen and one against the entire American League or the American League teams that they played so far this year, and for whatever reason, they're five and ten against specifically the n OL Central because the Rays basically ran through what seems to be the best division in baseball right now, all within the first month of the year. But the Rays are eighteen and eleven, and right now, the Raids are firmly in a playoff spot if the playoffs were to begin today, which would be weird considering that it's only April, but still, the Rays are playing out of their mind right now, just in an incredibly good baseball team in all facets of the word. It seems like even when it seems like things have been down the race have found ways to win tonight's game, specifically Nick Martinez, who I think that it's a good reason to now believe if you didn't believe before, and maybe that was a me thing, but if you don't believed before about spring training not matter. And considering that Curtis Meat hit like six hundred and then didn't do anything spring training doesn't matter because Nick Martinez was basically downright off when spring training and now he's one of the league leaders in all of baseball in earned run average. He has allowed one run over his last two starts. He's been absolutely stud for this team. If you guys haven't seen, he had that really good outing in his last start against his former team, the Cincinnati Reds, and now Toonati against Cleveland. Seven shutout innings. He kept his pitch count low, he pitched a contact, he struck guys out. He was incredible. I mean, he's been one of the best pitchers, probably the best pitcher for the Rays this season if we have to pinpoint someone, so incredible stuff from him. The bullpen was incredible towards the end of the game. I know that Ian Seymour kind of ran into a little bit of trouble. Kevin Kelly was able to shut things down. Then Cole Sulzer in the ninth inning got the save. Things got a little bit dicey, but the Rays were able to find a way to push through. There was a bit of a scare early on because Junior Camenaro filed a ball that hit the ground and hit his jaw. But according to Kevin Cash, he is good to play or ready to play for tomorrow. I don't know if that means that he's going to start or if he's gonna come off the betcher what's going on, but he is going to be available for tomorrow. So that's a pretty big deal for the Raise. But yeah, I mean this team has been really really good in this month, eighteen wins and we still have two more days left in April as of this recording. Incredible stuff from this team. But going into the interview, so, like I said, interviews basically over the last week or so, if those interviews include Ryan Pepio, Nick Martinez, and Kevin Cash. This is from April twenty. First, the Pepio interview is essentially just him talking about his current rehab stuff, so you know, interesting stuff there if you want to follow that. The pregium postgame interviews from April twenty fourth, so pregame interviews Junior Kamanaro, Sean McClanahan, Jake Fraley update on his injury, and then Kevin Cash again going into postgame interviews for April twenty fourth, Cash, Junior Camenaro, Aronda, and Drew Rasmussen. And then for April twenty sixth, which was that Sunday game in their last series against the Twins, with the Raids ended up getting a three game sweep of the Twins. I believe that's their third series sweep so far this season. Postgame interviews there Kevin Cash, Griffin, Jack Jesse Schultens, Jonathan Ronda, and Yondi Diaz. A big shot when it comes to these interviews, A big shot at as always goes out to our friend Chris Tilly, who has been fantastic. You heard plenty of his interviews previously. There were plenty of things that he did during spring training. He's already done plenty in April, so we really really appreciate his help as always, and I'm sure that you'll be hearing plenty more interviews from him and company over the course of the year, so all of those guys will be available on this episode. A couple quick notes before we begin this episode. If you guys didn't see, we hit ten thousand followers on Twitter and we also hit four thousand followers on Instagram. Thank you, guys, Beyond Words. Thank you guys so much for helping us get to this point. We can't thank you enough. It is absolutely incredible. I think that we talked about it on our last podcast, but still absolutely incredible stuff. Thank you, guys, Beyond Words. We do have our ten thousand follower giveaway, which is a bunch of things that we bought over at the Bay Republic that you guys can get in a giveaway. Be sure to enter that before Sunday. We are also going to be having a giveaway probably coming up on Instagram, so stay tuned on Instagram for that. Another big announcement for us because we are planning on having a rather large announcement later this week. But we have partnered up with Homage. If you guys don't know Homage, they are one of the best clothing companies in the business. If I do say so myself. They have licensing deals with like most of the major pro sports leagues, including college teams. But there's plenty of MLB licensed merch If you guys have been inside the Raised team store, the bab Republican inside of Traffic Cannonfield, there is plenty of homage stuff that you can buy there, so you can also buy it through our affiliate link, which there's plenty of deals that are happening all the time, if you guys want to check that out. Plenty of stuff that's on sale ball I mean, this is stuff that is being sold inside of Traffic Canonfield. So we wouldn't sneer you guys wrong. We're really only happy to partner with them. They do fantastic work and we hope that you guys can take advantage of the deals. I know consistently they have that three shirts for eighty nine dollars deal, so that's essentially less than thirty dollars a shirt. The quality is really fantastic with the shirts, and I believe they have a sweatshirt deal it's like two for one twenty. I might be wrong on that, you guys can check, but there are plenty of discounts to be had. They have sales all the time. There was just a sale that happened recently. They also have plenty of pop culture stuff, so alongside the normal ray stuff, there's like Raised stuff with Star Wars and some other things happening, So plenty of interesting stuff to buy there and really really cool items as well. So really really happy again to partner up with Homage and we can't wait to hopefully do some more stuff with them as the year continues and hopefully beyond that. So we're gonna run our quick SEEKI gad going into this break. If you guys haven't used seek gets code Raised the roof r a ys the roof in all caps, check out save yourself twenty dollars off your first purchase fifty dollars or more. Use that for Raise games and anything else going on in the area. So we're gonna run that ad and we'll be right back in this latest episode of raisor Roof. Hi everyone, Alex here with a quick word from our sponsor. Seek see Geek is your one star shot for tickets for everything from live theater and concerts to sporting events like Raise games. Seakeek uses a color coded scale to show you where the best deals are with Green being good and read being bad. If you haven't used seageek before, we have a special deal just for you. Use code raise the Roof. That's raised spelled r a ys at checkout for twenty dollars off your first purchase with sea Geek. Again, that's code Raised the Roof for twenty dollars off your first seat Geek purchase. Thanks so much to sea Geek for sponsoring us, and let's get back to this latest episode of Raise the Roof.
Speaker 2: Please give us maybe an update of where you are cash.
Speaker 3: It made it sound like we're not going good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, Yesterday was great.
Speaker 5: Last week was a very easy week after getting the injection Monday last week in Nashville, so you know, we had that Sunday home game and we could go watch a little bit of that and then flew to Nashville and got the injection on Monday and came back first. Last week was pretty relatively easy week for me, just to let that do its work. Still a weekend, you know, itching to get back out and play. So obviously I'm very nitpicky on how I'm feeling and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But yes, it was great.
Speaker 5: I mean, I played catch just sixty feet and didn't feel one hundred percent. But it's as to be expected. I got an injection a week ago. It's still gotta work. It's time and got to you know, clear out the inflammation. I've thrown a lot of innings on my legs and just have some normal wear and tear and everything. But it's just go out every day, kind of take it day by day and see how my body's feeling, how I'm reacting, and just continue on the program. So today it was anasier day. Tomorrow get back out there and play catch and hope it was a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Was yesterday your first time playing catch?
Speaker 4: Yeah, after an injection?
Speaker 5: Yeah, last week was you know, the first few days were pretty chill, nothing, and then it was kind of get back into movement exercises and just kind of get it back and going and then.
Speaker 4: Slow ramp up with the catch.
Speaker 5: But I threw a bullpenally the day I flew to Nashville, so just to do everything I could to keep my arm from you know, obviously lose a week, but it wasn't like I hadn't thrown you know before that.
Speaker 6: A lot you mentioned, like the updowns and the stop starts and then yeah, kind.
Speaker 7: Of when does it aggravates you the most?
Speaker 5: If you go it's weird because there's a lot of things I can do that feel very normal.
Speaker 4: And then I get on the mound and get into throwing. You get in your leg and load.
Speaker 5: And when getting your legging load, there's just a lot of instability and just I'll lean toward fall towards third base or you know, it'll like catch her not catch for me, and you know, drift and just feel like I can't get into my legs and mechanically, so you know, you get on the mountain and you get a big situation. You're trying to make a pitch and you don't necessarily know what your leg's about to do. It's kind of hard to do, kind of hard to x get pitch when struggle where your body's gonna be.
Speaker 8: At the time.
Speaker 3: He has any more imagery or anything, or.
Speaker 4: No, I did.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've had MRI. I've had three different X rays looked at it. Those are more fun because those take about two minutes. The MRI is about good forty five minutes, So no, I haven't any When I was a naturally with few more X rays just uh, each of the different doctors I've gone and see they want their u however, they want their positions for the X race. But I haven't had any more MRI since the original ones.
Speaker 3: And haven't talked to some people will be at the sixty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have the initial.
Speaker 2: Thug that you were beat on their first home standings to kind of manage this kind of frustrating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course. I mean I thought it was a whole lot of nothing. I think we all did, and it's just kind of not bounced back or you know, still feeling things.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a weird one. You know.
Speaker 5: It's tough because it's I can walk around and it can do things, and I feel like I'm fine, and then I get to do my job and I physically am struggling to do that, and so obviously it's frustrating, and I'm getting frustrated when I'm out there because I'm trying to do what I know how to do, and you know, I've thrown thousands and thousands of pictures. I know where my body's supposed to be and to be able to execute something get in the zone.
Speaker 4: And not being able to do that.
Speaker 5: It's it's hard, and then you know, you sit there and you watch the guys going down there and do their things.
Speaker 4: You miss road trips, you missbus rids, the planes.
Speaker 5: Like being a home in my own bed, that's great, but I'd rather be in a whole tell with the guys hanging out and going out and playing games. And even the ones when they were in Minnesota and it was thirty degrees and snow and I was like, yeah, yeah, I might be eighty degrees and sunny in Florida, but put me on a plane and get me there with the guys. So you know, mentally going through it, but you know, we've got enough guys in here that have gone through stuff.
Speaker 4: And you know, I missed time in twenty three, so I've been there before.
Speaker 5: But it's just it's a hard one because a lot of expectations for the team.
Speaker 4: With a lot of excitement, you know, and then not be a part of it.
Speaker 5: It's it's been hard, but it's been fun to watch the guys, you know it's at home, watch the games when they're on the road, and then get a front row seatull I'm here and the guys who went out and doing it and pitching and playing defense and hidden.
Speaker 4: It's just been a lot of fun to watch. What do you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's hard to know. I think it's hard to put a timetable. It's just a day to me, honestly, it's a day to day thing. It's how you know, I think the the initial sixty day thing. When I told I was doing it, I obviously frustrate about it. But it also gives me time where it's not like I have a strict timeline where I need to be back. Where it's okay when you're ready, when you're strong, when it feels like you're comfortable, you can go out there and execute pitchures, when you got guys on base in a big situation, when I want to run ball game or something trying to get an out, then and I feel comfortable I can do that, then it's hey, all right, here we go, not hey, you need to be back by this date whether how you feel. They don't want to do that to me, and that's not good for the benefit of the team. So it's see how I'm feeling each day, see how the throwing progression goes, and you know, push myself and I'm doing everything I can't I'll get back out there. It's you know, been here since nine this morning. I'm trying to do whatever I possibly can, so I'm metching to get back.
Speaker 4: But I don't necessarily have a date or a timetable for you.
Speaker 5: It's just see how I feel each day, let the program go and continue going forward. And you know, obviously frustrated after day one of throwing, but it was day one, h so tomorrow hope.
Speaker 4: Would be better.
Speaker 9: Fine.
Speaker 6: Thanks, As we've talked about, you're very familiar with over there, a lot of the similar guys when you run that team.
Speaker 7: What do you feel like the against that?
Speaker 10: I think it'd be a lot of fun, right, adds another layer to, you know, to the pitching game, more of a cat and mouse, and you know, obviously it should be a lot of fun. You know, Steve has caught me a bunch. They've seen me play now for for a couple of years, so uh it as for for an extra.
Speaker 11: You know, level of excitement and talking too yesterday about you, he was just so complimentary of obviously the guy you are, what you meant to that clubhouse, what you meant to him, What did it mean to you to be able to play for him?
Speaker 7: And obviously it was great.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 10: I had such a great time. Man, he wants to win so bad and I obviously we share that. And so again, like we talked about yesterday, he keeps it lose, he keeps it fun, and he makes it so easy to play, play for him, and you know, same same.
Speaker 8: Goes for cash.
Speaker 4: You feel similar, Yeah, very very similar.
Speaker 10: Yeah, again I said it yesterday, no knock on Teto, but I'm playing for a younger Tito.
Speaker 8: It's a it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 12: With the familiarity you have with those guys. Is they're kind of the extra level of the chess.
Speaker 3: Match to you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there can be you know, obviously you don't want to straight too far from from what you do well, but there's gonna be. Yeah, there's gonna be, uh, you know, a lot of familiarity.
Speaker 4: And again I think it adds to uh.
Speaker 8: That actual level of excitement.
Speaker 2: Saw the frustration of playing against.
Speaker 3: Different when he's on your side.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's an He's such a dynamic player, and it's it seems like even just one game that I've seen him play this year, it seems like every year he's mature and grown into an even more established superstar.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 10: I mean if he if if he's not beating you with a long ball, he's beating you with with with stealing bases, taking the extra bag with his defense. And so I mean again, someone like that, you know, very very enjoyable to play with. And you know we have uh, you know we have guys like that on this team too. That that's very exciting to watch.
Speaker 6: How impressed have you been with you have a couple of guys down, really important key guys with obviously being one of them in your bullpen, but it seems like slotting guys in like Jesse and tell the others.
Speaker 8: Were able to pick up the slack.
Speaker 6: Are you pretty impressed with how this organization.
Speaker 8: Continues to do that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not it's that's not easy to do, right, But the guys coming up, if you know, when their name is called there they're ready and and you know, giving a chance to win ball games, and that's important, right This can be an opportunity for them to show that they can be you know, a mainstain in in a in a on.
Speaker 8: A big league roster.
Speaker 10: And I think those guys are proving that they're throwing the heck out of the ball and uh giving us a chance to win. And it's it's a hard position to be in, right, you know, losing, you know, not having Pep and not having Boil in the rotation hurts us.
Speaker 4: But these guys have you.
Speaker 10: Know, slid in nicely and transitioned nicely into you know, helping us win ball games.
Speaker 8: And I think it shows good to back up to.
Speaker 7: Your time with Tito is someone who's always learning and always learning.
Speaker 8: What did you learn playing under him? It's made you a better.
Speaker 10: Play to win the game, you know, play to win the game. It's it's always uh, I don't know the right word really, but I don't want to say refreshing, but it's not you know, uh, it's not really the best way to describe it. It understanding that we're you know, we're playing to win the game. I think gives us direction right as players with you know, with Cincinnati, he came in at the right time where you know, guys were already shown that they can play at the big league level.
Speaker 8: And now it was like, all right, you know.
Speaker 7: Let's let's have a purpose.
Speaker 10: And why we're doing this, right, We're trying to win ball games. Get to the playoffs, have a deep run, and so there's a great you know, there's a great step for those young players last year to give themselves a conference that they know they can, they know what it takes to get to the playoffs, and now they're you know, I think it's leaked over into this season with uh, you know, with how they're playing.
Speaker 12: Some talk with how well all the teams in that division are doing from somebody who was in there last year, Is it surprise you does hee kind of the way those teams all seem to have set forward right now.
Speaker 10: I don't know if surprised is the right word, but yeah, that that division. You know, the last few years, you know, you had Chicago Milwaukee kind of running things, and then you know, even the last two years in Cincinnati, we felt like we can take a crack at it. But now they're really showing, you know, that they belong at the top of those standings. And then you know, Pittsburgh maybe the most surprising, just because you know, they had the young players, but they were kind of missing a few pieces, and they seem to have found those pieces and put together a really nice pitching staff, you know, to to have their say in the top of those standings. So even though it's early, it's it's a division that should be fun to watch.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Steven Matts has been remarkably consistent over his first four starts.
Speaker 3: How has he made it so look so seamless, at least returning to the.
Speaker 8: Rotations he's dumb.
Speaker 13: I mean, he's pretty efficient. He attacks the strike zone really really well. I thought his last starting against Chicago and they came out swinging. The bats were very aggressive, and it didn't deter him from throwing early count strikes. He just probably made a little bit more quality strikes and then do some soft contact. But veteran guy knows how to pitch happy. He's on the mound today for us make.
Speaker 3: You guys challenge today.
Speaker 13: Very look very talented young pitcher. Strikeouts are up, walks are down pitches at the top of the zone. With his fastball, I mean, it's a simple approach. It's pretty much fastball slider, and he's going to use them both fairly equally. But we're gonna need to do everything we can to not do him any favors by expanding above the zone with that fastball. Easier said than done, because he's got a lot of carry.
Speaker 3: On the division.
Speaker 12: Yesterday a little bit, there's been some talk about kind of the surprise that that division has been so far.
Speaker 3: If teams about five hundred or whatnot, is anything the central Yeah, you've seen them all already.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean talented teams. I mean just saw the Reds one game, so it's a little tough. But I mean we went into Milwaukee. That bullpen is stacked. I mean every they got their very balanced righty ft and they're all throwing upper nineties hundreds. Then you go to Pittsburgh and you look at that club that it's a pretty stax starting rotation. And they're getting another guy back in Jared Jones here soon, which we know is very talented. And then they've done some nice things offensively with you know, b Lyle's contributions adding to their offense. So no doubt it's a talented division. And I'm guessing we'll be happy to be done with him here soon.
Speaker 2: You got them wings animation Sunday.
Speaker 8: And yeah, yeah, I think we're in a much better spot.
Speaker 13: Really appreciate Trevor Martin's performance yesterday to get us through there, and only need one more picture he came in. We were thinking that we had about fifty pitches with him two and a third. I think he's gone two innings, but not a third up. But he seemed totally fine.
Speaker 2: When you went for your career, you played against your former teams like Nick's doing tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 13: I but I can appreciate Nick being, you know, a way more established big leaguer and having a bunch of friends over there and coaching staffs that he's you know, rubbed elbows with for a couple of seasons and had success. So I mean, he's gonna know most of those guys getting in the box against him.
Speaker 8: So it'll be unique.
Speaker 13: But knowing Nick the pro that he's shown to be, he'll probably put the blinders on and just focus on trying to make pitches, uh, the way he's done all season for us.
Speaker 7: Guys face him.
Speaker 8: He's off to a cold start this year.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just go up and have our good at bats. Certainly, Taj has pit throwing the ball very well, very similar to we saw a lot of spurts of that. Know that there's a ton of ability for Tash to be a special pitcher. I'm happy for him that he's doing that. Here early part of the season. Know that we have our hands full, but like to think that we.
Speaker 7: Can go out and have some good at bats.
Speaker 8: He took them at their yard.
Speaker 3: What did you see from that team then? And what do you.
Speaker 13: It was cold, really cold. Look, Derek Shall has done a nice job over there. Those guys have played well this season early on. We see enough of them in spring training to where there's some familiarity, but know that they're gonna do little things to help their team win.
Speaker 8: We're gonna try to do it on our end. We've talked a lot.
Speaker 6: About Yanni but continuing to stack up milestones in this franchise us to appreciate the consistency he brings every.
Speaker 9: Day in her cloud.
Speaker 8: That's probably the best word to describe.
Speaker 13: Yanni, with consistency at the plate. I know we've had some stretches early on in season where he hasn't gotten going, but then you look up in the middle of the season or at the end of the season, and his numbers always seem to get to a really productive, impressive spot.
Speaker 8: I'm happy for the success.
Speaker 13: That he's had early on, and we feel really good when he comes up to the plate and I'm glad that he's generating or being a part of some of these milestones because he's earned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know about the picture you've gotten trade.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a little bit interesting.
Speaker 13: I don't know a ton about him. I'm excited for him to get here, get to know him. I briefly had a conversation with him. We like his fastball, and I'm sure Kyle and Jorge will get to work on doing everything we can to help help him. I know his numbers a little bit right now, but we've gotten some guys with numbers that maybe haven't had the most impressive stat line to start at ten inning stretch, and they're able to reset themselves. So hopefully this helps them, and he can help us.
Speaker 8: A little beat up and.
Speaker 2: A couple of guys got out a period of time, but it can great help to get somebody in there to help.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, I mean right now, with where the bullpen is, I think we need to be opportunitimistic and this is a guy we like.
Speaker 3: Freda said he's feeling better.
Speaker 12: Maybe he said he's available if you need him, or you guys just can't careful with him.
Speaker 13: At this That's kind of what I heard from Joe. We you know, briefly talked on the off day. Joe and I still some soreness anticipated, there is gonna be soreness. But get him moving and see how he feels and hopefully is available.
Speaker 10: Going back to Yado, what is it about is hitting approach that allows him to do as consistent.
Speaker 13: As he I mean, for me, it's timing. I mean, he's just got really good timing. You know, it's a very simple approach. You know a lot of hitters they want to go up and they want to understand, all right, what's this guy's balldo, how's it move? The velocity, the shape of it. Yandi wants to know one thing, and that's velocity. Just tell me what the velocity of the fastball is and then he'll go up and make it. Just Now, that's also a sign of somebody being really really talented. But he's simple and he knows how to be on.
Speaker 6: Time, Junior, Just to start this weekend work, I should say this, these off days pretty eventful for you. But yesterday how did that come to be? With you going to that youth youth baseball game?
Speaker 4: We you know, listen to.
Speaker 9: Nicole, Yeah, man.
Speaker 14: A man.
Speaker 15: Show the americal, So he said, yeah, so I felt really good. Obviously, Nicole, my personal trainer who I worked with this past offseason, texted me reached out to me, and she was like, Hey, I got these group of kids that you know are obviously big fans, and so I was really intrigued from the beginning to try to do this for them, because obviously I want to get back, and I was thinking back to when I was a little kid and you know, looking up the ball players, and so I just wanted to give back and do do the right thing.
Speaker 6: You got to buy a pizza, you got to take some protos.
Speaker 3: How much did that mean to you?
Speaker 6: And how much do you appreciate being involved in the community like that, and.
Speaker 16: Like, hey, yeah, in the uh hellofre Go beat down.
Speaker 17: Yeah, obviously a lot.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 15: You know again, I go back to just thinking back when I was a little kid, right, you know, the ballplayers would do that for me, and so now I'm in a position where I can do that for a lot of the kids around the local community. So it just makes me feel really really good. And then obviously, you know, buying them a ton of pizza was was, you know, such a good moment. For them and all, and so yeah, it's just me giving back.
Speaker 7: Are they more happy to see you think? Or get the pizzas.
Speaker 18: Both?
Speaker 14: Yo? Union?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I you know, when I got there, obviously I heard the kids starting to screen my name, saying hey junior, junior, junior. But then you know, I Nicole told them, they were like, hey, focus focus on the game. You know, it's great that he's here, but you know, time to lock in.
Speaker 3: Was there any one kid that really stood out to.
Speaker 19: You that either you know, knew you well or hugged you or on a special picture anything like that.
Speaker 17: You know, everybody, right, everybody was just there.
Speaker 15: We were all taking pictures and I was able to just get to know a lot of the kids, you know, all of them, and just you know, be able to talk with them a lot.
Speaker 7: But you know, again, I just think back.
Speaker 15: On, you know, when I was in at that point, and you know, now just having to be in the position that I'm in for them to hopefully be you know.
Speaker 17: Great ball players were great people one day, you know, that's what matters the most. And yeah, that's just.
Speaker 4: What we did Wednesday night.
Speaker 8: You went to Top Golf too.
Speaker 16: For we uh of day the Tomo.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just went with my cousin, right, So that night we knew the following day we had the off days, so I went with my cousin. Cousin just went to relax a little bit, and you know, I just hit the ball as hard as I could, gave it everything I had, and obviously it went viral, go over the screen.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, way over?
Speaker 7: What do you think.
Speaker 6: You seem to be feeling well and good at the play right now? Is there anything in particular that has switched for you? Is it just getting into a.
Speaker 9: Group handle and a mention and home play? Yes, Like.
Speaker 15: I've been feeling really good obviously, right, I gotta keep doing my job and you know, keep working, of course, but things have been clicking for me at home plate, and as the days keep going on, as the games keep passing by, you know, I feel really confident in what I've been able to do. But again, it's just a matter of consistency, keeping keeping the job at hand, and you know, just doing my thing up at the plate.
Speaker 6: One of your former teammates today in Taj Bradley, are you excited to go up against him?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 9: How thea?
Speaker 15: You know, yeah, of course, right, super excited to see Taj. You know, Taj and I were teammates for a little bit here in Tampa Bay. But no, obviously you know he's over with the twins. But you know, he's just a great person. He was a great teammate while he was here, and you know, now, you know, things.
Speaker 7: Are a little bit different.
Speaker 15: So now the job for us is to win the game, of course when we go out on the field. But you know, it was great to have him here, and it'll be great to see him here today. Yeah, we got to do our job at hand. We got to do everything that it requires. And if we got to get him out of the first inning, we're going to get him out of the first inning.
Speaker 7: You just go back to the visiting with the kids.
Speaker 4: It's hitching if you're only twenty two.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like this isn't like a thirty five year old guy saying, oh, I remember when I was a kid. Have quickly you've become the kind of guy that people get excited to see.
Speaker 9: The moment's fast? How are.
Speaker 20: And went.
Speaker 9: Mile then going to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, like I had to grow up fast, right, That's what it was.
Speaker 15: I had a lot of blessings come my way as a young kid, and so I've just tried to be a lot more mature, you know, mature a lot more quickly. And so yeah, that's what I've been trying to do, is just kind of take an adult approach to things, and you know, again, like you said, just be a leader in that type of way.
Speaker 3: Was where was the league?
Speaker 8: Where was it?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 8: Do you know the name?
Speaker 7: I I have it somewhere, but not right now.
Speaker 19: Yeah, near Nicole gym up that way by.
Speaker 9: Pay close.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Do you remember when you were young the first big lea who did something like that for when.
Speaker 14: You were.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't remember the first time, but I do remember a lot of memories when I was younger of you know again, major league guys just come into my field and you know, spending time with the kids, and Hanley ro Hanley Ramirez was.
Speaker 7: One that, you know, I really remember very vividly.
Speaker 15: But again, just like I said before, like guys did it when I was growing up. So now I wanna give back and do the same thing for the kids that are here in the Tampa area.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 8: Strike throwing the location. After kind of reviewing everything, would.
Speaker 6: You take away from the outing from.
Speaker 21: Just gotta keep you know, working on you know, I feel like I've been working on in a year is just you know, the aggressiveness, the just kind of attacking hitters and you know, just enjoying it out there. You know, kind of was able to have this week, you know, after I felt like was a successful week weekend last week. You know, results might have not been great, but the approach was right where I needed it to be in right where you know I'm going to try and you know, build.
Speaker 4: Off of it.
Speaker 8: How much you're.
Speaker 7: Appreciating just that the normal of the routines.
Speaker 6: Now you're getting into this more each week, each five or six days now, making starts and continuing to.
Speaker 7: Try to improve off each outing.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you know, you get comfortable in regards to your routine in terms of I think a lot of your confidence comes from that routine and just building upon that, you know, kind of maybe refining it at times and just kind of understand what your body needs and what you need mentally physically, you know, whatever to get ready for that fifth or sixth day.
Speaker 3: Saw them but didn't face them. What do you make of that lineup.
Speaker 7: In kind of the challenge that they present Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, it's a good team.
Speaker 21: You know, it seemed like they're they're clicking pretty good right now, and you know it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 17: I think I think they've got some good hitters.
Speaker 21: I think, you know, we've got some good guys behind me to hopefully, you know, maybe take a few.
Speaker 8: Hits away if they if that happens.
Speaker 4: But now I'm excited.
Speaker 21: I'm excited to you know, get out there, face them and you know, kind of attack each day.
Speaker 12: I'll pump for you by what Martinez did before the off the age seem to take away and kind of command.
Speaker 4: The game like it was awesome.
Speaker 21: It was awesome, you know, seeing Nick do that, it was was really cool to see man and uh it was. It was good for a lot of the guys in here too, in terms of the bullpenion, you know, kind of usage and being able to you know, having Nick be a veteran and say hey, I'm want to put you on my back and we're going to go. It's I know, those guys appreciated a ton too, and so you know, we starters want to do more of that.
Speaker 6: It's Abo and how he's back here it's gonna be on the other side to sure opportunity to see him and hopefully get to him early.
Speaker 7: And knock them out of the game early.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 21: You know, I just I just got great stuff and you know, we've we've seen it from you know, this side, and it's gonna be it's gonna be fun to see it from the other side now too. And yeah, like you said, hopefully we can hopefully we can get to him and you know, get him out before he gets too comfortable in the game, because you know, his stuff is just electric and it seems like he's learning after each start.
Speaker 4: Thanks better, better, Yeah, definitely better.
Speaker 18: Is that still sore?
Speaker 22: Yeah, no, it's still it's still sore. I'd squared up the bone about a square as you could do it. But like I said, it's a lot better from obviously initially. And you know, I told him I was good to go today. But they're just kind of trying to stay on the safe side of still got some pretty tight spots on my calf down toward the Achilles, So we obviously don't want to take a couple of days of you know, just monitoring it and being safe as opposed to going out there. And pushing it and straining a calf and being out for quite a bit of time.
Speaker 7: I remember you're telling me like it.
Speaker 8: Was weird because you felt it shoot.
Speaker 22: Up your calf, Like yeah, I mean when I filed it off, I thought I fold it off of the muscle because my calf immediately locked up. And then by the time I got back to the dugout, it was like, like, I can't like flex my foot. So I was just assuming that it was off the calf just because the muscle tightened up so quick. And then I went out there for that half inning. Probably shouldn't have, but I was, you know, just being stubborn, and I hate doing that to guys, like, you know, coming to Johnny and being like, hey, I can't go like you gotta jump up and go here, and the you know whatever.
Speaker 8: It was the third inning.
Speaker 22: So but when I went out there for that half fitting, I couldn't get into my preset.
Speaker 8: I couldn't get into a full sprint. I barely got to the fly ball that I got hit to me.
Speaker 22: And then once we came back up here and we started looking at it and kind of things started dying down.
Speaker 8: I was like, wow, I did not hit my calf. I hit the bone about it, you know, right on the bone.
Speaker 22: So I thought it was weird that I hit it off the bone and my caf just completely locked up on me. But I just I don't know if it was a nerve thing or just.
Speaker 8: Where it hit. They just happened to do that sides. I like it was like a little front to the side of the shin.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it literally missed my leg guard by like this much.
Speaker 8: I don't even know why I wear those things.
Speaker 3: So you think.
Speaker 8: No, No, I think, yeah, I feel like I'm in a good spot.
Speaker 22: Like I said, We're just we're just trying to be smart, right Like I said, you, I told them that I felt like I could go today, and you know, they trust that. But also on my side, I also have to trust their experience and expertise, you know, with Joe and from the training stap side. And I think the biggest thing is just you know, making sure that you know, with me still having some tightness in the calf area, that it doesn't turn into me pulling a calf right, because when you have that much inflammation with you know, hitting a ball off a spot like that, that information holds in that muscle, and you know that the fibers and the muscle aren't able to stretch properly, right, So like just making sure that it doesn't turn into something where I'm missing quite a bit of time just because you know, we pushed it and.
Speaker 8: The caf ends up pulling. So and it helps having a guy like Johnny that is such a stud.
Speaker 22: You know that guy should be playing every day and he's doing a really good job of, you know, handling that.
Speaker 8: So it's it's good game.
Speaker 6: Did the two to three hitters and John him in Ronda and Junian caman.
Speaker 13: Aroo, Yeah, big days for both of them and came at the right time. And we know how Taj has been throwing the ball and we know when he's locked in how challenging. But it felt like they saw him well early on. Johnny made an adjustment after the first back, got struck out on a curve ball, got a fastball down for a homer, and then was ready for the next breaking ball. So encouraged by certainly the middle guys doing the damage.
Speaker 6: You mentioned Taj and getting home on all season is up four of you guys tonight. Was that something in the game plan they saw just adjustments by those two.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I didn't know he hadn't given up a homer, but I mean it makes sense because this stuff is really good right now. We were just fortunate to get some pitches that we could handle and put some really good swings on it two powerful guys that you know were behind the ball and knocked them along way.
Speaker 6: True once again, very good tonight got out of that jam there in that middle lining when he got the first two on.
Speaker 7: What did you see from hens out?
Speaker 13: I mean that was the outing or the game for him right there, to go second and third no outs, and then to be able to find a way with two very good contact hitters, you know, with Clemens and Karanteiny.
Speaker 8: They moved the ball and.
Speaker 13: He made some big pitches to get two outs right there and then get out with nothing being scoreders.
Speaker 3: Numbers or something.
Speaker 13: Don't no I said that when the first one went off, Yeah, it's just very uncharacteristic. See it go above the batter's eye and land up there. But we know we can hit him, and we got ahold of that one.
Speaker 2: Is it particularly impressive to see him just foot one foul then and the next bitch just hit the homer there.
Speaker 13: What was most He broke his bat on the foul ball, and that's pretty impressive. Uh, But anytime he finds a barrel to it, it's got a chance to go. That's just the type of generation, the power that he generates.
Speaker 3: Talk so much about his fastballs, eves that you change.
Speaker 4: Up and play it kind of stand up to it.
Speaker 13: Did a little bit, but I think that's a byproduct of the lineup. A bunch of lefties in there, mixed in some changees, but had a good feel for it. And I think as he's throwing it and he's having success, he's just building confidence with it.
Speaker 6: To start with the power game you saw from your two three hitters. Yeah, it doesn't happen every day, but games by junior in Canada. Yeah, I should say Cammy on iron and pretty good advantage one of that.
Speaker 23: Uh yeah, we'll take it anytime it comes.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 23: You know, multi I feel like multi homer games are rare in their own right, and so to have two in one night, it's crazy. But I mean they're both All Stars for a reason, right, They're both really good players, and so you know, like I said, we'll take it if it comes.
Speaker 6: For you to get out of that jam. You're the first two runners on no outs back strikeouts. What we have approach going out of that to get out within now damage?
Speaker 23: I mean I would say generally, you know, I'd like a hitter on her out in the first three pitches, and then once we get to two strikes, or if we get to two strikes, then you know, we start pitching for the punch out. But in a situation like that, you know, you're I would have considered a win one run scoring, and so ultimately, you know, we're pitching for a punch out out of the gate because you're gonna have to get one. And then if a sack fly or something happens after that, you know, you take that for what it is. But like I said, I would have taken one run scoring as a win, and so to limit it to none was I mean, you know, I couldn't have asked for more.
Speaker 6: That change up has seemed to become a weapon for you through twenty eight all of last season.
Speaker 7: I think you're through eighteen tonight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how has that pitch become more of a comfortable weapon for you?
Speaker 23: Yeah, we're still getting more comfortable with it. We knew you know, just as the scouting report came in, we knew there was a chance that I was gonna throw a good an amount of them today. But uh, you know, execution is still the hardest part with it for me. And so you know, it was you we were going to test it out early on and see where we were at and then go from there.
Speaker 4: And you know, we executed pretty well.
Speaker 9: Also.
Speaker 23: I mean plenty of them that weren't executed very well. They just happened to show, you know, show their face and in the right counts where you know, you happen to throw at sixty feet on the dot instead of throwing it, you know, through the strike zone. And like I said, those ones happened to show up in two strike counts. And you know, like I said, execution something we're still working for, we're still striving for.
Speaker 4: But uh it turned out to be okay today.
Speaker 3: Kind of gain confidence and trust in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Yeah, you know, we knew we were going to throw it to h Buxton, so he was going to be the first right hander.
Speaker 4: I think I've thrown one two.
Speaker 23: It was gonna be a different wrinkle because you know, coming into the night, don't know if you guys know this, but uh, I haven't had the most success, so we knew we were going to attack them with it and just throw show him a different wrinkle from me. You know, that was something that I was curious to see how it was going to work out. Neither of them were overly competitive, but you know, it was still the right shape to to to decent locations in the counts in which they were thrown. So uh yeah, you know, confidence in it is is only going up, and uh as we get more comfortable, we'll we'll definitely be working it into the repertoire, you know, a little bit heavier first time.
Speaker 3: The family for.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 23: You know, I know, I know my wife and my son were at at the New York game a couple of weeks ago, but uh yeah, this was the first time all four of them were to hear.
Speaker 3: Thanks for a multi homer game.
Speaker 6: We talked before the game about kind of some of the adjustments you were making. Do you feel that one tonight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, really happy.
Speaker 15: Obviously the win was the most important thing, but you know, obviously really happy with the result, which was my first career multi hit home run, first multi home run game, and you know, obviously the adjustments that I've been making that we talked about, you know, they're paying off.
Speaker 6: You're very familiar with taj you play with them the minors, you're in the majors. How much did that knowledge of him help you tonight?
Speaker 24: Gernandos lib p Pedal So the second one, the.
Speaker 18: Sarpentipoo.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think that's the first time I've ever faced him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even in live VP.
Speaker 15: I think that was the first time we ever went up against each other. So I know he's a good picture. I know what he's capable of. But obviously I'm here to compete right now. We're on different teams, so you know, he got me the first time, but obviously I got him the second time.
Speaker 6: Make it even more fun that Junior had a two homer game two, the two of you both competing, I guess against each other.
Speaker 18: Mos l is the tai President.
Speaker 7: Yeah, obviously it's super exciting.
Speaker 15: We know the type of player that Junior is and to see it on that type of spectacle is obviously even more exciting. But again, you know, kind of like me, Junior's adjustments that we've been seeing him try to make. You know, they're finally paying off. And so it's really good thing when it affects all the rest of the team.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that got you the first time.
Speaker 12: How much is it adjusting from it bat to a bat, seeing how he's facing you the first time?
Speaker 24: To do what you do that to that, Sean PreO is the.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you learned from a bat to a bat, right, Obviously you got to have a short memory. You gotta forget that. I forgot the first time that got me out. But again that's about adjustment, adjusting. So I saw a few pitches there the first time around, so again the second time, and you know, took it and got the result that I wanted.
Speaker 3: For the field to hit that first ball that you hit, you know land where it went.
Speaker 8: Well when I hit him?
Speaker 16: If nothing, Uh yeah, you know, if you're good today in the home play, uh you know we're gone for the uh you know, I know the great game and just could be gone.
Speaker 3: But the second one catch that you broke your bat on the swing. Fil then to turn back around and hit that one.
Speaker 18: Out the center.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I plea before and I broke him by and then I say a team trum is like he gave me some pride when what the five, was sorry and I tried fast away and I did a hit the ball and tried too much and put him playing.
Speaker 7: I hit it in the fit.
Speaker 3: What's the familiarity with Tyers? Do you think that helped you at all? Just kind of knowing what he what he does and how he does about his business.
Speaker 9: Uh, that is a great picture. That Brady is great. You know I played together last year.
Speaker 7: I know I know hang it's a great pitcher.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 16: You know to the I said before the game, I tried to hit a good hang and I did.
Speaker 3: It hitting too with Aronda.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm as you know, I'm messed four homer together. That s acame Aaranda great player. Very hit it by and you know you're studying got comforting and home play.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 7: I'm happy for handing to the.
Speaker 3: Good for you guys to win a game like that. We talked about small ball so much the first couple of weeks. To do it with the long ball.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, not just me, just everybody here, everybody here, Poury putty one s uh. You know the picture crazy to the picture radmosel unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Uh you know the relisha na.
Speaker 4: Naani.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: You know everybody can hear, we'll see seeing something.
Speaker 16: Everybody in that I know, putting one sing but every day and yeah, just keep it doing, you know some.
Speaker 9: Sh interest group.
Speaker 13: Jackson's pretty fresh. Came out, he was efficient, got into the third ending, did a nice job. And Scholz is kind of he's done it every time he's been out there. He just you know, limits pitch counts, limits runs, hits, base runners. Did a nice job and then bought the offense a little at the time against they're starting to get some runs.
Speaker 6: He of course seems it's a muscle memory hitting it the opposite way.
Speaker 8: What are you seeing in.
Speaker 13: Just the way he's seen him that now, Yeah, I mean really good hitter that is pretty locked in. I mean, drove a pitch up in a way it looked like for for Homer. Yanni's smart enough to know not to try to do too much with that pitch.
Speaker 8: Probably your best avenue.
Speaker 13: Is to go that way with it. But two up pitches today were the key. Johnny got on top of one two to drive in the first two runs. I know he's been kind of expanding up there, but he made sure he got on top of that one enough to pick up the first two runs.
Speaker 8: The season games over five hundred.
Speaker 6: Now, what stands out about the way you guys are playing baseball?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've played good.
Speaker 13: We've a little bit more complete baseball.
Speaker 8: I think the.
Speaker 13: Bullpen has really come on strong here of lately, getting some big, big outs for us.
Speaker 8: So very happy by that.
Speaker 18: Kind of a thought on Jackson.
Speaker 13: And you know, he's really talented, he's really good. He's gonna be good for us. But we found out, you know, years ago, that sometimes you can reset yourself a little bit, and uh, he seemed to understand that, get his workloaded when you're not just throwing one inning. Maybe there's a little bit more availability to mix all your pitches in something like fail or.
Speaker 8: Something like that.
Speaker 13: We'll see, I mean, we're gonna talk to see how he feels, comes in tomorrow, talk about it. But I think, you know, we got a lot.
Speaker 8: To discuss for sure.
Speaker 13: But couldn't be more happy with the way he got through two and the third.
Speaker 3: Good hitter, he'd been really good season position.
Speaker 13: I mean, really good hitters lock it in that much more when guys are in scoring position. I think Johnny does you know he is a good hitter. He does both those things. Uh, But like I said, the first two pitches he was frustrated, whether he missed.
Speaker 4: Him or he offered at them.
Speaker 13: I think it was pretty well set up that at some point in the bat he's gonna go back up again. He went up the third consecutive pitch, and Johnny had an answer.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean that's a byproduct of him getting big hits when guys are on base, and then a bunch of people in front of them doing a good job of getting on base.
Speaker 8: And you know, for him, what do you make.
Speaker 2: Of the fact that you're eleven and one against the American League, the National League.
Speaker 8: At this point, not much.
Speaker 13: I don't have nothing.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, he's okay. I mean, he strained his calf and we'll I'll check with him today, and just felt like at that point it's probably time for him to go get some treatment.
Speaker 8: No, I think it was.
Speaker 13: A play before just moving in the box.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: Good cash you has mentioned, just consistency from you each and every time you've been out there.
Speaker 8: I know, maybe.
Speaker 6: The last out in the stat line, but worse thing than night you fell out.
Speaker 3: But how did you feel.
Speaker 17: When you're on in today.
Speaker 7: Ah, you know, sometimes enough is enough.
Speaker 25: You know, typically you walk through guys, you throw that many balls, bad things going to happen. We avoided that until the last thing there. Fortunately, our offense did their job. They got us enough runs. Jackson and the rest of the guys in the pen did their job kept them there. So yeah, sometimes enough is enough.
Speaker 8: Jackson good pitch too.
Speaker 3: Would look like you could have finished possibly that threat inning.
Speaker 7: What what point did you prepare to go in and finish that vocal?
Speaker 25: I was prepared after the first inning. You know, they kind of gave me that idea of what Jackson was going to do out.
Speaker 4: There, So yeah, I was, I was preparing after that first one.
Speaker 6: I have to be impressed with your two great hitters there in Toronto and Yandi, what they were able to do to give you that fourn Aye.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I mean, they're they're animals, you know, they're absolute stides. The rest of our lineup is too, you know, just about one through nine and the guys on the bench. You know, it's great offense, it's fun to fun to pitch with.
Speaker 3: We're all here sweeping the series of winning standing. What do you like about the way this team's playing right now.
Speaker 25: I think there's just a lot of energy, you know, kind of coming off a couple of wins. Like you said, the sweep too. It is always tough to come by in this leak, so only time you get a chance to do that, it's great. Yeah, the guys are feeling good. Energy is up. Just goodbyes right now, So it's fun.
Speaker 3: What do you make it good?
Speaker 2: Being eleven and one against alive against the NL.
Speaker 25: Sometimes you know, that's just just the way the ball rolls, you know. I like the way we're playing. I think everybody in here kind of likes the way we're playing all around. So yeah, sometimes you know, just just balls the wrong way.
Speaker 8: But it's been good.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Do you feel kind of going?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 8: Feel pretty good honestly.
Speaker 26: Second up, there's been something that I haven't done a whole lot traditionally in the past, But I think it's more mental at this point than physical, just getting over it and knowing that myself's not gonna drop off.
Speaker 8: Third and one.
Speaker 26: Uh, definitely felt that My first throw I think went halfway up the backstop in the middle of inning, so I was like, you gotta gotta lock it back in here, so that one was an adjustment, but it was going to get out there get a better feel for all my pitches.
Speaker 4: I thought my stuff got.
Speaker 26: Better as the game went along, and it's just getting those consistent quality reps.
Speaker 6: And at what point did you were going to be opening this game? I can how you prepare differently than maybe you're working out.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I think we talked about it maybe a few days ago, just if it lined up, we were gonna open for Jesse, And you know, we did a few times with.
Speaker 4: Me last year just to get a little reset.
Speaker 26: And you know, to your point, it's it's a little bit different of a way of attacking. Whereas if I'm coming in later in the game, maybe it was some traffic on the base, Like it's almost.
Speaker 8: Like you got to go for the strikeout right away.
Speaker 26: But here when you're opening and starting earlier in the game, like you got to pitch a contact and you don't need to swing a mess right away. So honestly gives me that like mental reset, like just to attack the zone again and then stuff like spands out often after that just kind of left to work.
Speaker 6: It's actually maybe you get stretched out a little bit as much as you want to the workings at the start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about.
Speaker 16: It pressed me last year. I think that as well as.
Speaker 26: With that for sure, I mean I think this today was like a good a good example of what it looks like and we'll see where it where it ends up.
Speaker 8: A little bit too.
Speaker 12: Just as hard as you different pitches, you obviously have a pretty an set as well, get opportunities.
Speaker 26: Definitely, I got six really good pitches. It's hard to fit those six pitches in a one inning stint. And I think, you know, this allows me to sort of use all my weapons like we saw today, I reintroduced the cutter. I I didn't throw a curveball today, but that's definitely an option. Sweeps always gonna be there, change ups early and often, and then I got you know, the foresaing and sinker. So it just allows me to optimize, I think. And there's there's not one hitter that I don't think my stuff doesn't play too in that regard.
Speaker 8: When did you know.
Speaker 26: After the second about it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 26: Yeah, I think we talked for sure going to and I think my pitch count was pretty good and they just wanted me to simulate the getting the third up.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 7: Between coming in the game as far as.
Speaker 26: It's just a different mindset, you know, when I'm coming in in the seventh and and on, if it's you know, a typical situation where I've thrown in the past, you know, a short lead, maybe some guys on base, and you know, you got to lock it in from the start. And if you're you're going to go in from the start of the game, it just allows you to be a little bit more free, I think, and just to be in more of attack mode and forced them to hit it. And uh, I don't have to go for the strike out right away, RBI.
Speaker 2: But how have you kind of taken your approach when you're coming up with guys on base situation?
Speaker 12: Why not.
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 15: You know, Fortunately the hits have fallen in the right places, right you know, I don't feel one hundred percent just yet, but you know, again, I've been able to give results in the right times, in the right spots, and you know, I'm thankful for that. But hopefully we get to you know, where I want to be.
Speaker 12: Figure that that it seems like you were looking that last pitch for something not able to adjust.
Speaker 24: Them and get to that implemented you know, Honestly, it's one of my weak moods. I've kind of given them sometimes that window, but you know I was looking for it in that situation, so right there I was able to get around to it and you know, fortunately get the result that I wanted.
Speaker 12: How much do you appreciate Yan these opposite field power, just the way that he can.
Speaker 8: Do that after you.
Speaker 15: It's great to see the player that he is and be able to get those types for him, for to see those type of at bats that he's able to get, and you know, he's just of a ball player, you know, and it's great to have him on this team.
Speaker 3: Talk about being being sput up.
Speaker 8: Key situation today?
Speaker 6: Is there anything different you've adjusted to to to shows.
Speaker 18: But no implement, no man Salil be playing the fortune?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I just right now, I'm trying to let the game flow naturally.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 15: Sometimes I've kind of spilled myself up or I've gotten in my own head and things haven't worked out my way. But now just kind of letting things come to me is that's what's worked and so hopefully you know again you want to hit the ball hard, you want to connect with the ball, and you know that's what I've been able to do and keep things going that way.
Speaker 2: It's been another week today, you guys are five games over five hundred.
Speaker 4: How would you think things have gone as it?
Speaker 8: Wine?
Speaker 9: Know what you guys are doing?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 18: Contento now it's the.
Speaker 8: Tail is they.
Speaker 18: Spark to see? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Obviously very happy.
Speaker 15: The hitting the pitching has been connecting at the right spots when we've needed it to.
Speaker 17: And you know, hopefully, you know, it continues to be that way. Right, good teams, you know, do both things really well.
Speaker 15: And so far, you know, for the majority of our games, we've been able to hit well and pitch well.
Speaker 7: And you know, hopefully that's what we continue to do. Thank you to do.
Speaker 19: Or is it just they give you those pitches out there and just put it that way?
Speaker 7: Cause the hand getting those puts.
Speaker 20: No simple implemente.
Speaker 18: They have.
Speaker 15: It's just the pitch that they give me and they carry that way, right, you know in those type of situations, you know, yes, I'm hitting it with power in a way, but you know, just let my bat do the thing, do its thing, and you know, let the ball go the.
Speaker 7: Other way, so you're you're not really aiming the other way.
Speaker 4: If it's more reaction both.
Speaker 20: Or mass and no simple and Californo.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's something that I am conscious of, right, It's something that I am trying to do obviously when we want to hit line drives, but you know, in those type of certain situations, I am looking opposite field.
Speaker 2: You guys, another sweep today, You're five games over five hundred.
Speaker 7: What do you think? What do you like about how you guys are playing? With's going well?
Speaker 12: And pre.
Speaker 20: Momento you say, gun, you.
Speaker 7: Know we're doing a lot of good things right now.
Speaker 15: Obviously you know it's still early, but we're playing really well, and we know we're in a tough division, but you know, things have been clicking for us, and you know, we just got to keep that going.
Speaker 2: And one more thing, the way you Jonathan Junior kind of the three guys off almost every game when somebody's doing something the way you guys have been producing, you'd like the whey that's with the three of you.
Speaker 7: You know, the the key is that it's not just us three, right.
Speaker 15: You know, you look at Chandler for example, he's in the leadoff spot and he's been producing for us as well. But you know, again it's just not us three and I think that's the key right there. I think it's everyone more than just us three.
Speaker 1: That is going to do things on this latest episode of razor rif we cannot thank you guys enough for your support. As I mentioned earlier in the podcast, we have some big, big news happening, probably the biggest news in the history of Raise the Roof coming up later this week, and we can't wait to share that with you guys, so stay tuned for that. If you guys want to follow us on social media, it's Raise the Roof TV. That is Twitter, slash x, Instagram, Blue Sky, our YouTube channels Raise the Roof, be sure to follow us there. If you guys want to follow the podcast and everything that we have going on there, it is Raise the Roof everywhere that you can find it. Same thing as YouTube, it's Raised the Roof. Be sure to subscribe, leave us a review, hopefully a five star review, and share this with your family of friends. Anybody know who's a Raise fin or a baseball fan that wants to add a podcast into their podcast feed, we'd love to be part of it, and also with our YouTube channel. If you guys haven't seen our YouTube channel yet, be sure to subscribe it turn on those post notifications so you guys know new uploads are happening because we upload pretty much everything that we can there from interviews to in game footage that we can find, pregame stuff, podcast clips, anything like that. Be sure to find that on YouTube. A shout out to our sponsors. As I already mentioned homage in the clutch JKS Prince and Sea Geek be sure to use. Outside of homage, be sure to use that code raise the roof r a ys the roof in all caps of check out and save yourself some money, get yourself some cool stuff in the process, and help us out. With all that being said, thanks so much for listening and as always, raise up