Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome to this Thursday edition of Jim Geor trend taking.
Speaker 2: Els too much in Jordan?
Speaker 1: Okay, sad ass pursuit of the speakers, ga, but we'll get to that later on to tell you when obviously we're here to tell you what's trending. I'm Miles, guess what. I'm joined by Matt Lee in the Place to Be Hello, Matt.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm here so glad to be here.
Speaker 4: On the trend the trending trend show where yees happened?
Speaker 2: Oh man, A lot of things trending, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun items. Yeah up.
Speaker 2: First, Sarah Kate Silverman is trending.
Speaker 1: The comedian is trending on Twitter today after she shared a post defending Israel's right to basically deprive Gaza of water and electricity, which.
Speaker 5: They provide for Free's like a huge weird bolded part of this like shared post and criticizing Alexandria Cosio Quortez for describing this treatment as inhumane.
Speaker 2: Which I believe is the almost a dictionary definition.
Speaker 4: I mean, in order to believe someone is doing something in humane, you have to first concede that they're doing it to humans.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, that's true. That is true. In humane right exactly.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of a subjective thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But you know, like we've there have been a lot of terrible posts waiting into this like this this war basically really one sided genocide, ethnic cleansing that we're seeing happening and put and what I believe is potential annexation right at the end, because why destroy half the place because they're going to rebuild it for them. I doubt that anyway. So but this post was just like really so far off that it's getting a lot of attention because you know, I'll there's one part, what's the part I really wanted to see? So they were basically coming with this tape that it's like, you know, it was really simple, give up the hostages and we'll turn the electricity and water and all that back on.
Speaker 2: And it's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: This goes on to say, quote instead of instead of pleading with Hamas to release civilian hostages, which include babies and toddlers. Okay, there are politicians cough cough aoc calling Israel inhumane.
Speaker 3: If that isn't enough water on babies and toddlers.
Speaker 1: Who need to be in incubators that are powered by electricity.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on now, and.
Speaker 4: It's a hostages need water too, homie, Like, this is an insane argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: It says, if that isn't enough for you, Israel does this is all all caps. Israel does not need to supply Gaza with these resources, which they do for free.
Speaker 2: If Hamas didn't spend billions of.
Speaker 1: Dollars on terrorism, they would be able to build the infrastructure to support themselves. I'm okay, So let's first talk about a couple of things.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Since the occupation, the Israeli military has consolidated complete power over all water resources and water related infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's that's not that. You can't deny that that is.
Speaker 4: Has been in a has been under siege since I think six when the last settlements left Gaza, right, And the whole point of the siege isn't like they're not giving them water for free. They are making sure that Israel is the only source of anything, any goods and services coming in and.
Speaker 3: Out of there.
Speaker 4: They are blockaded on all sides and literally there's a wall surrounding them on land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so like, and I'm like, there's no there's no port that they can do business out of. There's no commerce happening, so I'm curious, why again where these So again, that is a very interesting take here. And the other thing to point out though, too, is like the Palestinian people can't even drill new ways or even deep in existing wells because Israel even controls rainwater collections and the military regularly destroys Palestinian rainwater harvesting cisterns, so even when they try to get on their own, they're being sabotaged again, because the point is to create a humanitarian crisis, to make it as untenable of a situation as possible, so people just vacate.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The water is managed by the Israeli state owned water company called Mecha Rot, and they basically they sink Palestinian wells and tap springs and then they sell some water to Palestinian water utilities at very high costs, although the amount is quote determined by the Israeli authorities. So I'm still I thought it was free, right, because I thought that was the whole thing. They don't even allow water to be transferred from the West Bank to Gaza, which means Gaza has to rely on the coastal aquifer, which is quote insufficient for the knee of the population frequently contaminated and quote under total Israeli control.
Speaker 4: Yes, the whole Gaza strip is under Israeli control in almost every aspect. To the degree in which you could, you'd have to like be deluding yourself to not be like, oh, there's some sort of apartheid thing happening over here in this area.
Speaker 2: That only happens with black people South Africa.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, there's only every one that's right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, So like in order to believe this, you have to be completely deluding yourself into thinking, like you think you think Gaza is a sovereign state?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Do you think that's a country? Is that what you think is going on? And I think a lot of people, you know, are deluding themselves into that. And this Sarah Silverman post is like it's almost insulting. You have to go through it point by point and explain why it's bad, because on its face, it is an insane thing to say, simply release the hostages literal terrorists, and we will gladly not like starve out two point two million people. Does that not make those two point two million people hostages? They are also you're turning them into hostages. They are your whim, your your beck and call like it's it's just so inhumane that uh you you you know it's Is it any wonder why she eventually deleted.
Speaker 1: This thing, Like, yeah, it's been wild. The evolution of posts from her have been like full on like you know, pro genocide. Then it's sort of then kind of both sides, then back and forth. It's just a little And I get it. People are like working shit out in real time and social media is the worst place for that. But like keep like if you're don't, don't share this stuff, and especially because it's contributing to the dehumanization of the people of Palestine, and that is that's what the whole just like I tweeted, like earlier this week, I said, the consent factory is working overtime right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, you want to.
Speaker 1: Try and get people to cross this sort of barrier mentally or across this bridge mentally to the side that it's like, yeah, I guess it. I guess it might be okay that people are indiscriminately being.
Speaker 4: Killed, right and That's why I think that it's like even more disgusting when uh, you know, famous people like household names. People with the household names contribute to that manufacturing of consent because you take regular people and you make them go, wait, maybe if Sarah Silverman says this is something that they're allowed to do, maybe maybe there's something I'm missing. Maybe I shouldn't think of Palestinians as anything but in human beasts. And you know, and and it's like to me, that is like, uh, it's not just irresponsible, but it's like there's been a lot of manipulation. There's been a lot of like disingenuous liberal hand ringing, you know, like I understood a week ago. I actually was like, yeah, I totally get feeling disgusted by people on like the left quote unquote.
Speaker 1: Because there were some wild like just there's a lack of humanity from some people to that.
Speaker 4: Callous is shit about like, you know, the murder of a bunch of Israelis And I, you know, at the same time, I was like, I don't know, guys, seems like we're getting mad at posts rather than like I don't see a situation matters saying this, But Okay, I get I get being on the internet and being offended by some fucking assholes, but like, at this point, you see a post like that and you go like, I'm starting to think this whole shocked by callousness thing was disingenuous.
Speaker 3: I don't think you were shocked by callousness.
Speaker 4: I think you were, like you have a just a different degree of callousness that you're willing to take depending on the person, depending on the people's and if it's a Palestinian, you're like, well, that's we are all them.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that like just resonates with me to a level that I just don't understand other people aren't feeling that, you know, because like.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people are, and I think but there.
Speaker 1: I think there's another part too, is that it's hard to even face the actual ugliness and the evil that's in the world that it's probably a comfort to just be like, oh yeah, I mean, like whatever the idef said, it sounds like it's it's like, you know, there's there's really nothing we can do about it at this point, and then we just got to go all in on it, and you know, and U plus Sarah Silverman. You know, she's cool with blackface, So I feel like I am moving in the right direction or this these posts like come on.
Speaker 4: Y'all, yeah yeah, And you know it's speaking as someone who's like in who's a comedian and in the entertainment industry and a Jew and like watching the amount of like listen, this past week, I have gotten the most amount of uh people that I know who are like hitting me up, who are afraid to say anything because they're just like, I don't want to fucking I want a career, and I know this is bad, but just like you know, they've been asking are they crazy? Because it does feel like all of the oh, they're like am They're saying, am I crazy?
Speaker 3: Like am I? Like? Am I crazy?
Speaker 4: Or is it what they're doing to the Palestinians in response to this like super bad? And I'm like, you're not crazy, Uh, You're just you. You're just being gas lit by people you who uh are have decided that they are now a nationalist. You know, they were just like a a West Coast liberal LA person, but now they're like, no, I'm a nationalist bigot, right. And it's as a Jewish person's even more annoying because it's like I can not forgive, but I can sort of like understand like the religious zealots in Israel, because they're like at least they're insane. But if you're like this, like you know, if you're Amy Schumer or you're you're Sarah Silverman, like your your whole identity is based on like being this like empathetic liberal person who cares about stuff, and yeah, you joke about stuff, but deep down your you know, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm like, I don't like war. I like peace.
Speaker 1: I think people have every person has the right to live, and I think that people are failing this test spectacularly.
Speaker 4: Right, And I just I'm like, you know, like what what is what is your connection here that you're just like I've decided I'm going to be a nationalist in this very moment. It's just it's all very manipulative and gross and uh.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I get it, Like I was saying this at the very beginning of this, like it feels like I'm I like, I don't even know if I'm walking on solid ground based on the media environment, like the media landscape, and that's intentional to to like if.
Speaker 2: You're in limbo.
Speaker 1: Then it's it's all going to be boiled down to the people that are as absolutely most passionate about it to speak up. And if if it's on the fringes and the numbers are slightly skewed one way, then it's going to have the perception that this is like what the mainstream view is and it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And you know, at the end of the day, this like idea that it is okay to conflate all Jews of the world with the state of Israel is not good for the Jews of the world. I am telling you this, so like I don't look at this and like, uh, detached from the existence of anti Semitism. But because of the existence, you see what stims how the cycles of hate work. And I see that, like listen, I am not in Israeli and I want no part and there are apartheid state and I hate the idea that people are like, you know, as a Jew, how can you betray us?
Speaker 3: It's like motherfucker for Culver City, right, it is like.
Speaker 1: And also your understanding of your people, your culture, your religion, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Is not You're like I wasn't taught this, and it's not.
Speaker 4: I wasn't taught this, and it's also I'm sorry, but like, it's not it's not nation based, it's not borders based, it's not land based, like the like Jews have had a long history of not having a land, and the idea that you would be like, oh, this place that you've never been to, that for some reason, you know, we are going to say you are a citizen of if you just decide to and you can displace someone who's been there, Like, no.
Speaker 3: Fuck that, I am not. I am not a part of that.
Speaker 4: And I am also not going to keep my mouth shut when people in my name are doing an ethnic cleansing.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, yeah, man, uh so yeah uh so, yeah, y'all just just keep just keep your eyes on the prize, which is typically and I think for most people, innocent civilians do not deserve to be involved in these kinds of conflicts and should not bear the brunt of the mistakes of the people that are representing them or their group or whatever. And I think that's where I think a lot of people are like, wait, it sounds like it's a hot take to say that.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, yeah, the media landscape that is existing right now because of kind of the uniformity of a lot of our leadership in this country. They're all they're all echoing the same thing. So you're like, shit, am I crazy? And it's like no, you just you just have forgotten nine elevee.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we'll see, maybe we can get a president in there that's for peace. Oh wait, your only options are war and war?
Speaker 3: Yeah, more of war.
Speaker 4: So all right, well yeah things looked at Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: We will see.
Speaker 1: We'll obviously keep checking in with that, but we'll be right back after this break and we'll talk about some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, be right back and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: A couple of things.
Speaker 1: Reese's This is just again, and our show is known for the most jarring segues because that's what the zeitgeist is. If this show acts like a Twitter feed or you're like, oh my god, and then you're like, wal is that guy ironing his shirt with a pot of water that.
Speaker 2: He just took off the stove. Yeah that's us. But right now, just excide.
Speaker 1: Note there's like packages of Reese's peanut butter cups on it. That's like, check out Reese's University. You could win twenty five thousand dollars in our sweepstakes. But there's a problem here. There's no no purchase necessary in the fine print on the package. And this is where you could run a foul of the government because under US law, only the government can run lotteries, meaning that you buy something, you buy a ticket to win. So companies have always I remember this, like when there would be like Coca Cola things you had to buy bottle caps.
Speaker 2: You could send for a game piece for free. That's what no purchase like, you had to find alternative ways to offer people to enter sweepstakes. They didn't have that there, so uh, you know, we're going to see what happens there.
Speaker 3: They said that.
Speaker 2: People are just like, Okay, there needs to be a recall or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's really going to have any kind of like real impact or whatever.
Speaker 2: But Reesus was.
Speaker 1: Like, no, there's like it's there's a QR code on it, and people are like, first of all, not everyone is gonna no one fucking QR codes are fucking reesis rh Yeah. Secondly, like not every package apparently even had this QR code, So I have a feeling they were like maybe figuring it out in real time, because then they said some of them say, well it says no purchase necessary on the inside of the rapper, Okay, so then you have to buy it just know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I first of all, this is the first time I've ever had the no purchase necessary thing explained to me.
Speaker 3: I've never understood what that meant.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, just went along with it, dude.
Speaker 4: I remember that, uh you know, for some Cereal box deals you had to send in your proof of purchase and I was like, I don't even know what that is. That the receipt from Ralph. I don't know, but this is uh, it's good to know that this whole time, I could have just been asking Coca Cola for Yeah, there.
Speaker 2: Was remember that. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 1: There was there was like this acronym for if you don't know, you don't go yes, and it was like on Coca Cola caps.
Speaker 2: And I remember, like my mom does would never buy me Coca Cola.
Speaker 1: Uh so like it would either take me having a little bit of money and going to seven eleven into that ship. But then when I found out like you could just send for it, I didn't win shit anyway. Hey, you know anyway, and that's why life is hard for me. Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh Now, moving on SAG, they put out some new rules.
Speaker 1: Basically, they're prohibiting actors from dressing up as popular characters from Struck content and posting on social media. They're like, don't even promote these fucking struck studios with your costume. They said, we better not catch no motherfucking Barbies, no fucking Wedness Day Adams is none of that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If anything, you better be Fed's Day Adams or some kind of weird off brand thing.
Speaker 2: But we're not doing it.
Speaker 4: Uh wait is it? Am I crazy? I thought it was just for the actors playing them. They're saying, like in Halloween, don't don't play don't They're asking fans and stuff not to dress up as these It's a the.
Speaker 1: Union is prohibiting actors from dressing up as popular CAC doesn't seem to say from the shows they were in, so it just says. This means that some of the most popular Halloween costumes like Barbie and Wednesday are off the table. So the guild has told members Thursday to quote choose costumes inspired by generalized characters and figures like Ghost, Zombie, Spider.
Speaker 6: Okay, Spider, wait again, yeah, Spider, Spider, you mean like Spider, Like, am I all right?
Speaker 3: Spider? Like asking if if you were all right? Spider? No? No, no, not Mike imperially from Goodfellas, just.
Speaker 1: Spider, Spider. Oh okay, I thought you were like I was all right from like Charlotte's Web. No, mother stopped saying, I'm Spider, I'm Zombie and this is my wife Ghost.
Speaker 2: I thought she was a clan member. My bad.
Speaker 1: I didn't know she shouldn't have that high ponytail. It kind of throws off the whole costume. Jim Jordan also trending because this dude, he's already lost two rounds to try and get the gavel, he fucking ran away from a third bite of the poison apple, and he's now floating the idea of temporarily having mister bow Tie mc smash smash mckenry be the interim speaker and all like the fucking Maga freaks are like.
Speaker 2: No, dude, it's supposed to be you to cop out, and they're so fucking angry about this. People are getting death threats for not supporting him. This is y'all.
Speaker 3: Jim Jordan, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, I know him Jordan. You mean him Jordan. Yeah, that's when Georget's signed m Yeah. So this is this is just another fucking again were it's almost un serious.
Speaker 3: Let them, let them, let them fight.
Speaker 1: It's so wild when watching we were talking on the last Strending episode when they were taking the votes the last time, how the Dems are just like trolling them now because they're like, all right, Hakeem Jefferess two undred twelve votes, are like yeah, unity, and they're like Jim Jordan one ninety nine votes and it's just all like sullens and.
Speaker 2: They're yeah, oh God, couldn't do it. And then finally wanted to check in with chip Chilla.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the ben ship hero uh, you know based child content streaming network bent Key, which I'm still don't if someone can please explain what bent Key is and why that is supposed to have like resonate in terms of child like parent content. We talked about a couple of things right. One was this thing called chip Chilla, which is the ripoff of Bluey voiced by Rob Schneider. Okay, in which these group of chinchillas. They're flipping the blue universe on its head.
Speaker 2: Because Bluey is the is the male.
Speaker 1: But he'd be doing a lot of the childcare stuff, and that's that's not alf that's not heteronormative, that's not gender normative. So in this version, exactly, Rob Schnyder famously not a cup dude, famously the most alpha fucking dude in comedy. He is playing alpha alpha daddy in this one. He's a dad who fucks yeah, exactly in front of the kids and yo hits. But okay, so Bluey Blurry is an Australian shark. Oh and the Australians they caught wind of this and they're not fucking around now. They're like, somebody, you're doing the off brand fucking thing with our shit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Brooke Bony on nine News Australia said this is a national disgrace. He said, a Barney US version of our own blurry. They're plucking up the wrong tree.
Speaker 3: That's not a dog's a do. I wish I could do the accent.
Speaker 2: I do it terribly, but I love it.
Speaker 3: Just turns into fucking Chimney sweep every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like a Dutch Irishman.
Speaker 3: That's raw. But I just love that.
Speaker 1: They're like in Australia, they're in their bag. You're like, fuck, are y'all doing with that?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: He's not gonna be successful. Do you know how the kids mind works?
Speaker 1: They go to school, motherfuckers are fucking with Bluey.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: They now have to fuck with Blue because that's how a child's mind. Or if they come in talking that chip chilla nonsense exactly, they're gonna get fucking ostracized.
Speaker 4: You're trying to get them like colorful circles at fucking breakfast.
Speaker 3: They're like, I want the fruit loops.
Speaker 4: It's like these are a dollar and there's a thousand circles. They don't wheels. No one wants to eat your goddamn fruit wheels.
Speaker 3: Dog. They want want the name brand.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. I'm like, I want shark bites. Well I got fruity fish.
Speaker 3: Are you okay with those?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I wonder what's the problem with Blue? Why is it just like what Bluey's two woke? Is that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, exactly, I'm telling you it's it's precisely because Blue is portrayed as a father.
Speaker 2: That's very involved.
Speaker 3: That is insane. It's like that is that's good.
Speaker 1: No, it isn't mad, it's bad. We can't see unit with their whole thing. It's like the good nuclear family.
Speaker 3: Now that's no.
Speaker 2: But I'm sorry, Matt, this is this is the part you're not understanding.
Speaker 3: He's here, Okay.
Speaker 1: So the reason why we need an alternative to Bluey is because we are slowly losing our sense of what masculinity is and what men and women are in this country.
Speaker 2: So if I don't actually put out an alternative to.
Speaker 1: Blue then then the children will be so confused that they will then be there for their children and maybe take the burden of housework off of their partners if they are in a male female relationship. And it's so fucking wild, dude, again, We're We're in a terrible, terrible place. Oh, Victor producer super duient Victor came through the bent Key explanation, the name which was inspired by a bent Key necklace that the guy Jason Boring or whatever the guy's the guy went his Boor co founders called it something boring he wears it. And it's also the name of the Daily Wires holding company bent Key Ventures.
Speaker 2: Why it Okay, what's up with that key?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, why if you wear the b key necklace?
Speaker 2: This is I don't know parents. Yeah, I killed them.
Speaker 3: A key and I bent the keys.
Speaker 1: Don't know what could find them.
Speaker 3: So this is a good for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, check out Chip Chilla.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, please don't.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to Chip Chilla. Play your kids j Dilla.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's my fucking message for y'all, ride off into the sunset.
Speaker 2: Man, Thanks so much for joining me. Thank you so much for listening to this edition of the Trending Episode.
Speaker 1: Until next time, We've got a whole new episode for you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fucking fantastic.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be super.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and take care of yourself, take care of each other. Don't do anything about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: What I mean is make sure that you are standing in firm opposition to white supremacy or any other hegemonic powers that are oppressing weakened people across the world.
Speaker 2: Make sure you do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll see you tomorrow, all right later, love y'all, Bye bye,