Speaker 1: The world is crazy right now, the world is crazy. We got a senator in the nation's capital given twenty plus hour speeches. We've got the right and the left seemingly losing their damn minds. We've got NBA action to get into and an act of making some noise as well. And nephew Josh is in the house to talk to y'all, not me on my own damn show. You can't make it up. You can't make it up. Steven A. Smith Show in the house. What's up? Everybody? Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A. Smith Show, coming at you over the digital airwaves or YouTube, and of course iHeartRadio as I love to do at the very least three times a week. As always, I'd like to pause and give a moment of love and appreciation to my subscribers and followers and listeners on iHeartRadio. Years of downloads that have taken place over the last few months, and courtesy of YouTube, we've now eclipsed one point one six million subscribers and counting. Can't thank y'all for the love and support enough. Keep it coming and I'm gonna keep on coming to continue and like to continue to like and follow the show. Just click the bell and get notified for all of our newest content, and you two shall be considered the latest member of Steven A. Smithshaw Family. And while you're doing that, please make sure to grab a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to straight shoot book dot com and get yourself a copy. Once again, that straight Sheet to book dot com and get yourself a copy. Let's get started. I remember, I'm gonna get to the NBA. I gott We'll go get to my sports now, but we've got to get started in the nation's capital and the latest headlines coming out of the White House as we're just about one hundred days into the Trump administration. I think it's a little bit over seventy to be exact, but who cares. I appeared on Chris Cuomo's show on News Nation a few weeks ago to address this notion of President Trump running for a third term. The idea was first floated by Trump's former key advisor, Steve Bannon. On Cuomo's show, Trump failed to dismiss the idea. Despite the twenty second Amendment that says, quote, no person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice end quote. So let's say President Trump could run for a third term, that would mean the Democrats could put Barack Obama back on the ticket. Here's what President Trump said just yesterday when posed that question. Please take a listen to this. If you were.
Speaker 2: Allowed, for some reason to run for a third term, is there a thought.
Speaker 3: That the Democrats could try to run Barack Obama against you.
Speaker 4: I'd love that.
Speaker 1: I'd love that.
Speaker 4: That would be a good one.
Speaker 1: I'd like that.
Speaker 4: And no people are asking me to run. And there's a whole story about running for a third term. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I never looked into it.
Speaker 4: And they do say there's a way you can do it, but I don't know about that, but I have not looked into it. I want to do a fantastic job. We have four years, just about almost close to four years. Its time is flying, but it's still close to four years. And we're getting a lot of credit for having done a great job in the first almost one hundred days.
Speaker 1: I got at a couple of opinions about that. To be quite honest with you, But before I get into that, I just wanted to remind everybody that this past weekend, this past Sunday afternoon, at three pm at the Westbury Music Fair in Long Island, New York, myself, Bill O'Reilly and Chris Cuomo were on stage essentially doing a town hall in front of fifteen hundred people. Five hundred you know, it was a few hundred VIP members paid five hundred dollars a pop. VIP folks, Thank y'all for the love and support. Again. But what I love about what y'all are seeing right there is that all three of us were talking, All three of us were listening to one another, All three of us were getting along with one another. Why, because of America. To be quite honest with you, that's the way it should be. As opposed to politicians being on capitolhood and beyond acting like a bunch of juveniles. These are the people we've placed our faith in, and what do we have to show for it? Half the damn tom That's what we're looking at right now. That's why I want to show you all that footage. And thanks again to mister Bill o Raleigh and Chris Cuomo for putting it together in their participation. It's something that we may do more of in the future. We shall see if the people call, the likelihood is we shall come. Now, let me get to what Trump said there. What he said was appalling, he'd entertained running for a third term. He's not ruling it out. It's inexcusable stuff. And the reason why it's inexcusable is because, as the twenty second Amendment stipulates, presidency is something that you can only have for two terms. I'm paraphrasing, of course, two terms. That's it. It's an amendment in the United States Constitution. And the reason why had a problem when Steve Bannon said weeks ago and Bill O'Reilly summarily dismissed because it's not gonna happen. Not gonna happen. Let's not forget Eli Honing from CNN, the legal analyst who has appeared on this show on many occasions, or Ellie Honing, I'm sorry, he's appeared on this show on several occasions. And a man knows what he's talking about. A brilliant, brilliant legal analyst talking about the likelihood of it not happening. What I said then, and what I would say, now, that's not the point. The point is, why are you talking about something that clearly is in violation of the Constitution of the United States. And I'm not even thinking about Trump on this on this level, I'm thinking about the Republicans out there. I'm thinking about the conservatives out there who religiously preach to us about the Constitution. Constitution. Constitution. Now, a whole bunch of black folks don't refer to that quite often because we remember the original Constitution labeled us three fifths of a human being. We didn't like that necessarily, so that's not something that we defer to. But since you on the right, you being a conservative religiously a referred to the Constitution, suddenly it's not applicable because your guy is in office. See, that's the inexcusable nonsense that I got a problem with. As for him going up against Barack Obama, once upon a time, I thought Barack Obama would smoke him, I'm not so sure anymore. It was Barack Obama that spoke on behalf of Kamala Harris Michelle. Obama certainly put fourth hod due diligence in doing the same. Where did that get them. They lost, the popular vote, lost, the electoral college vote, lost, every swing state lost, the Senate, lost the House. I mean, damn, it's l's all over the place. Now, Barack Obama will always be my president. I voted for the man, loved the man, respect the man. But we have an obligation to be honest here. The number and the facts have shown that while Obama himself has been popular all of these years, his policies may not be because judicial seats, congressional seats, Senate seats, gubernatorial seats all el's all over the place when it came to Democrats during his administration from two thousand and nine to twenty sixteen. Look at the numbers, look at the drop off, look at the number that was there when he arrived, and look at the numbers of judicial seats, gubernatorial seats, congressional seats, Senate seats when he departed. It's inescapable. There's no way around that. That is factual evidence that while he is popular and very much liked and resonate with a vast majority of American citizens out there, black, white, Latino and everything in between, it doesn't necessarily resonate with others as it pertains to his policies, or at least the people who he supports who co sign on his policies, because those people they can't stay in office. So now it would be interesting if Barack Obama could get a third term and decided to run again and Donald Trump and him wanted to run up against one another. I'm not gonna lie about that, but it wouldn't be the four cong conclusion it once was. That is what we have to get to there. But the only reason I bring this up it doesn't matter whether it's likely or not. It doesn't matter that it's unlikely. In the eyes of many, the fact that you would talk about circraventing the Constitution is problematic. Now there's people like Bill o'relly and others who say it's an evasive measure by Trump. It's an opportunity to create a miraage, So we compare attention to that instead of the real issues that are going on. Will let me not be one of those people that for a victim and pray to that. Let me bring up a name like Kilamar Armado Armado of Brego, Garcia, remember him. He's the Salvadorian based in Maryland who was snatched up by the government I I believe, ultimately deported because they were saying he didn't belong in the country. He wasn't a citizen, his wife's a citizen. They were saying he wasn't eligible to be here, when in fact they had to ultimately admit that there was a mistake in court records, because indeed he does belong here. But they said, oh no, what can we do about it? Now we can't get him back. What the hell you mean you can't get him back because you deported him to El Salvador and now you can't get him back. And so now the excuse is, well, he was a gang member. So remember on MS thirteen, And this is the kind of stuff that they're saying to Justif five that you really shouldn't want to back here anyway. So what's the big deal. Once again, we're missing the point. We're a nation of laws. How many times have we said that? How many times have we heard both sides say that? And if we are a nation of laws, then you don't get to summarily dismiss your willingness to break the law or your incompetence in breaking the law. If we gonna call it, let's call it. We got so many people in this country it's about this guy. It's about that man who's the forty seventh president of the United States. The banners of the world and others. You want him so bad. You got to coastard and everything. You gotta be puppeteers. You gotta parrot his speeches, you gotta do everything. What's wrong with saying he's wrong? The election's over. You can't just say he's wrong. You can't just say he could do better. You can't just say this should be this level of incompetence where we've got national security figures mistakingly texting war material and war plans to journalists. You can't just flat out say that is an inexcusable act. There is no excuse for it. You gotta let heg sayth and Walls and everybody but Marco Rubio look in our face and lie about the blatant incompetence that has been exercised. And the Republicans want to sit up there and point the finger at the Democrats. I'll get to the Democrats in a second. Right now, we're talking about y'all, what you're gonna do about that? I mean is it really that bad. Are y'all just that stuck and addicted to this dude, or are you scared that he's the only one that can resonate with the American people, because like the Democrats, you don't feel you have a bullpen. I think Marco Rubio qualifies as bullpen material. I think Marco Rubio could be the next president of the United States at twenty twenty eight. I think JD. Van's got a chance after I watched him on the debate stage against the Democratic VP, mister Walls out of Minnesota himself. I think you got a couple of cats that you can look at. But evidently y'all don't, because if Trump passes gas, y'all will say it's perfume. What the hell you scared? You can't disagree with anything, You can't say he did this wrong. He's got to do better. This mistake can't happen. That's ridiculous, It really really is. And let me make this warning to the Republicans out there, particularly in the aftermath of Trump with the Smithsonian and you know, you want to sit up there and eliminate access to African American material, The history of African Americans particularly as it pertains the slavery, Jim Crow laws, civil rights legislation, et cetera. Let me be very very clear, y'all, on the verge of blowing the support you mustard during election time, it ain't gonna be just farmers all of a sudden saying, Yo, Trump, I thought you made us these promises. How you doing these tariffs? This is hurting us. This is harming us, This is compromising. It ain't gonna be just them. That's gonna get all up in y'all. It ain't gonna be just democrats. It's gonna be minorities in this country. How dare you try to eradicate history? How dare you try to eliminate what happened to us? How dare you try to say we're not gonna give you access or we're going to deny or compromise access to historical facts that can't be disputed, just because you think it's anti American. I thought it was a part of America. You did this for, you know, as a nation for many years, civil rights legislation that came into effect that was obviously denied the African Americans in this country before you ultimately relented Voting Rights Act that was denied as well, Women's right to vote that was denied as well. There were so many denials on a part of the white power structure in the United States of America for so many years, not only to its own women, but to minorities in this country. That's where you're going back to. Is that what you're threatening to do? Is that what you're attempting to do? It seems that way. It seems that way. Keep this up. It's gonna course you all the mid terms and then all hell is gonna break loose. From twenty twenty six twenty twenty eight, mark my words, Mark my words. Let me get to the second topic, because that's necessary. But before I do that, because there's a lot to get into, I'm not finished. I'm just gonna wait until my sponsors speak before I get.
Speaker 5: Back at it.
Speaker 1: Back on MO in a minute. All right, folks, I need you all to stop what you're doing and listen up. You know, I love this time of year, right the madness is set, and we have four teams left in this year's college basketball tournament. And with all that action going on, The Stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is easy to use, you know, just pick more or less on a few player stats and you can win up to one thousand times your cash on a single lineup. And there's more. Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup. We're gonna lose. You'll get fifty bucks for playing. Use promo code that say yes and download the app now again. I download the app and use code essays to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prospects, Hey, hey, ruing your game today, I'll give you my picks for this Saturday's basketball games between Auburn Tigers and the Florida Gators and of course the Duke Blue Devils in the Houston Cougar. So let's get to it all right. First up, will Auburn's Jennard Broom score more or less than eighteen points? I messed up the other day. I thought he was gonna score less than eighteen and a half. I ain't making that mistake of getting the brothers a ball. Okay, God hurt came back hand with this business propelled Auburn. I got love for this brother. I'm gonna go with more than eighteen points in this particular question. Next up, well, Florida's Walter Clayton Junior score more or less than twenty and a half points. This brother special might be the best guard in the country. Your brother spectacular, gotta clutch gene as well, knows what's needed, when it's needed, and how to get it done and provide what's needed. I believe in this brother. I'm going with more on this one too. Right Next up, will Duke's Cooper Flags score more or less than eighteen and a half points. Cooper Flag is gonna be Player of the Year. Coople Flag might win the National Championship. Cooper Flag may end up being the number one overall pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Matter of fact, I don't think. Maybe I think it's going to happen. The brother is that legit. Okay, some white dude from Maine busting everybody living. You know what. He's that special. He's that special and because of that, I'm gonna tell you right now, he wins the National Championship. He is on the Mount Rushmore of Duke college basketball. The Mount Rushmore that means Grand Hill, that means Christian Layton, that means Jay Williams, and that means Cooper Flag. He's got that kind of skill six eighty six y nine, A hand who can shoot interior on the outside and get to the basket, finish at the basket, hit free throws. Plus, he's rough and rugged. Ain't scared of anybody. He's special. He's special, ladies and gentlemen, and Duke. I believe if they win the national championship, it's gonna because of that brother. We gonna what more than eighteen and half points just because of him? Oh say, can you see the flag? That brother special? And finally, will Houston's LJ. Cryer score more or less than sixteen and a half points? Houston is the one with the big time defense, all right, But have they faced a real formidable defense somebody that's focused on locking them down? Cry can ball And I know this, but I'm still anticipating he's gonna score about sixteen as opposed to more than sixteen point five. So I'm gonna go with less on this particular question. I could be wrong. But I have to pick less on somebody, and out of the four y'all gave me, I'm gonna pick him. So that's it, all right, Let's go with it. More for Jenni Broom, Okay, more for Cooper Flag, More for Walter Clayton Jr. Less for LJ. Cryer. That's where I'm at with it. Y'all flow with me on this. I haven't been bad this year, not bad at all. Welcome back back to the politics and Capitol Hill. Meanwhile, Corey Booker, the New Jersey Democratic Senator, has staged a filibuster of sorts, not literally, but of sorts to protest what he calls the crisis that President Trump and top advisor Elon Musk have created in Washington. Booker began speaking on the Senate floor Monday night at seven pm, and as of this taping, Booker has been speaking out against the Trump administration for twenty hours plus. Here's a portion of Booker's comments on the Senate floor. Quote, in just seventy one days, the President of the United States has inflicted so much harm in American safety, financial stability, the core foundations of our democracy, and even our aspirations as a people. For our highest offices a sense of common decency. These are not normal times in America and they should not be treated as so. End quote. So long as book is holding the floor, the Senate won't be able to conduct other business unless he's temporarily yields. Meanwhile, California's top Democratic governor, Gavin Newsom is speaking out against his own party. Newsom criticized the party and implored fellow Democrats to take accountability for their losses, and called the party's current brand quote toxic end quote. Newsom appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher and said the following quote, Democrats, we tend to be a little more judgmental than we should be. We need to own our mistakes. We need to own what's wrong with our party. Part of the problem with the Democratic brand is that we talk down to people. We talked past people end quote. Newsom recently launched a new podcast called Quote This is Gavin Newsom end quote. The California governor hosts a conservative guest like Charlie Kirk and the aforementioned Steve Bannon. Newsom also found common ground with the right on the issue of transgender athletes competing in women's sports he called these athletes participation quote deeply unfair end quote. Bravo, bravo, I mean bravo. I'm so, so, so very touched, Gavenusso, Governor of California, that you would say that. Why didn't you add that you would have one doing it, because that's exactly what the hell you were doing when you talked about the right, when you talked about conservatives, when you talked about conservative folks out there and what their principles were, and how they may not have been for transgender athletes competing in sports, how they may not have been for you know, for open borders, how they may not have been for sanctuary cities. Did you question their humanity in a roundabout way at the very least, weren't you one of the voice boxes out there saying that stuff?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I like gaven Usso. I think the brother looks the part. He looks presidential in them damned blue suits, no doubt about it. He's sharp as attack, he's smart as hell. But on far too many occasions when he was spewing out facts, it was rife with the motion. Instead of addressing the facts that the right was throwing in his direction to debunk anything that he had to say, but we forgot to mention that to Bill Maher on real time. This is the kind of problem that exists right now. So now that we've lost an election, Suddenly we're gonna admit you were talking down to people. Suddenly were gonna admit you weren't paying attention to people. Suddenly you're gonna admit that the things that were prioritized didn't need to be prioritized. And now we need to have conversations on both sides. That's what we were all saying leading up to the election. Now, in fairness to gaven Newsom, who I like as a person, I must say that I don't believe he would have run from an interview with Joe Rogan. I don't believe he would have avoided the last minute until the last minute of an interview with Fox News. I don't believe that he would have been as cushioned and as safeguarded as Kamala Harris. I will admit that. But there is no doubt, respectfully, mister Governor of California, that your record won't hold the mustard. That's why you got a podcast. We keep inviting you on the show. Still waiting still waiting, because here's the reality, sir, with the homelessness, with the crime, with the cost of living in California. I can't imagine Gavin Newsoen winning a presidential election with what is going on in the state of California. Period. And even though it may not have been your mistake because natural disasters happened, the first words out of your mouth can't be it's a local problem. I'm not a state problem. When you're confronted by it, and then you show up on real time where Bill Maul months later and you're saying, hey, we got to own up to our mistakes. Californians don't believe you. I'm not one of them. I'm not a Californian. I'm not talking about myself, but I know plenty of Californians that do not believe you at all. But I got some good news for people out there about politics and politicians and the things that you're seeing right now. I got some very good news to give y'all that y'all haven't thought about yet. It's very important that you understand this, and I'll let you know what that is right after this break. All right, everybody, listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day. The Stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. To make the lineup, all you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler, and Zach Lavine all in the same entry, then sit back and watch. The list is absolutely endless. You can play Prospects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars lineup. Wanna lose, You'll get fifty bucks. Just use promo code says and download Prospects right now again, download the app and use code essays to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup, Prizpects run your game. What are the good news about what's transpiring in the political stratosphere right now? Even with Corey book is sitting there twenty plus hours raising Holy hell about all the things he's been seeing from the Trump administration. Things that I mentioned earlier, didn't mention Doge and Musk Department of Governmental Efficiency and what Musk has been doing, cutting jobs, looking in the one in folks social security numbers, you know, trying to find everything, talking about curbing spending, eliminating wasting, fraud and all of this other stuff. And to the Republicans out there, I'm fully aware of this footage of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer back in twenty ten and twenty twelve saying the same damn thing we hearing from Trump right now and Elon Musk about fraud and wasting all of that stuff. So there is a bit of hypocrisy there, I'm fully aware. But the good thing about watching Corey Booker talk the way that he's talking about them is this, y'all. I don't know if anybody's realized this. It's real issues being discussed. See, we ain't talking about nouns and pronouns. We ain't talking about unisex bathrooms. We're not blaming a legal immigrant immigrants for everything. We're talking about real issues that are affecting the American people. Federal government jobs being stripped from folks, cost of living, quality of life being compromised, No happy medium in sight, absence of negotiations, the friction that exist. At least we're discussing the issues now. No more this bs distracting us from what's really going on, or talking about issues that affect less than one percent of the population. No more that. When you talk about eradicating the Department of Education, that's real jobs. When you're battling unions and the teachers that are at the mercy of the unions, and you're saying that change needs to happen, that's a real issue. We talk about national security and our defense spend seventy seven million on one subject, but when it comes to the Department of Defense, we're spending eight or seventy seven billion rather, And then it comes to the Department of Defense and the number we're spending this eight hundred billion year. We got to talk about some real issues because the money's there, but where's it going? What are we prioritizing? How many American lives are benefiting when we talk about the war in Ukraine. Yes, it's important to talk about why. When Bill O'Reilly brings up something like the y Alta Conference or the Yulta Convention from nineteen forty five, where you have the Brits in the United States and Russia collaborating with one another to create a new world. After Hitler was defeated, and all of a sudden, people are able to look to the year twenty twenty five and say, in the way that Trump is acting, it's similar to how Stalin acted and how FDR. These guys gave the power to the Russians who wanted Europe and it agreed to a democratic society, but before ultimately renigging on that promise and instituting communism. All of these things that have been said, and somebody's able to point to it being done right now and asking the question, how does the American citizen benefit from all of this?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm loving it, not because I know the answer, but it's because none of us really know. But we gonna find out the more they talking about it, and ultimately a conclusion is going to be drawn, and we're gonna ultimately confront what's truly in the best interests of America as opposed to debunking and knocking down stuff that the other side was doing. And then we're just offsetting it by going to a complete opposite. No, at some point in time, it's got to be about America again, not talking about America first, but legitimately, realistically fair putting America first in the right way, because it ain't about America first, it's about the American citizens being first. Anybody could come up with the slogan about America first, but everything they're doing is for themselves. When you start benefiting the working class of America by making sure you're addressing their concerns, their needs, their desires, their fears, their wants. When you do that, then you could get away. We're saying America first without the citicism that comes accompanied with it. I like this. We're debating and discussion real issues now as opposed to being emotional devoid of facts about what the hell is really going on. So I enjoyed the banter, and I enjoyed it back and forth as long as it's substantive. That's all I wanted to say about that. It's a good thing, y'all. Maybe not today, but it will be a good thing in the days, the weeks and the months to follow, and you know, when we'll know, really, really what It's all about when the midterms arrive. If the Republicans win the midterms, America is saying that's how we want this nation to be. If America says otherwise, then the Republicans will lose. Very very simple, very simple. Coming up, he's an actor, probably best known for his role on Insecure. The One and Only Jay Ellis joins the show to talk about his latest project. But first, Lebron versus Steph or Steph versus Jo Kitch. What matchup should NBA fans want to see in the first round of these upcoming NBA playoffs. We'll dive into that right here when a Stephen Nate Smith show up next. Don't go mus goork back to the Stephen A. Smith Show. There's a lot of NBA stuff to get into. Make no more stake about that, particularly with the fight for the Western Conference playoff seatings, because that's exactly where I want to go. Here's a look at the current seating out West, where the Douvin Nuggets are currently the third seed, the Lakers are the fourth seed, and the Golden State Warriors are currently at sixth. So we could be looking at a scenario where Lebron and Steph face each other in the first round, and that could be a dilemma for the fans and the league. And here's where I'm going with this. At some point in time, we got to make a decision. Ladies and gentlemen, think about the scenario here. Let's say, for example, that the Golden State Warriors hold on to the sixth seed in the Western Conference. They would possibly face Denver, who's a three seed. Right, but if they moved up to the fifth seed because Memphis is sliding after letting go of their coach, Taylor Jenkins, they don't look great. They've lost the last two games or so. If Golden State finds a way to inch up to the fifth seed and the Lakers stay at the fourth seed, that's Lebron James and the Lakers versus Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors in the first round. It guarantees one of them gets to the second round, but it also guarantees that one of them is bounced out in the first round. So what do you prefer? Do you prefer Lebron going up against, say the Clippers going up against, say the Minnesota Timberwolves with ant Man in the first round? Do you prefer that with the possibility of advancing to the second round. While go to State goes up against somebody like Denver, they'd be undersized. But nevertheless, with Steph Curry and Jimmy Butler and what they could do together if they were fortunate enough to knock off Denver, did you get to the second round as well? Or do you want Lebron and Steph to face one another and one of them go home in the first round. I'm not gonna lie to you. I like that scenario better because I don't know if I could bet on the Golden State Warriors to beat the Denver Nuggets. When Jokic or Jamal Murray or out of the lineup or both of them, Denver ain't the same. But when they're in the lineup, they're league leaders in field goal percentage shooting, They're one of the better three point shooting teams. Oh, by the way, they're top notch in fast breakpoints for crying out loud. This is what they bring to the table, and they got a championship pedigree. I don't know if I want to bet my money on Steph Curry and Jimmy Butler. The Golden State Warriors knocking off those brothers and Devor, particularly with never having a home court advantage in a first round playoff series of Game seven would be back in the Mile High City. I don't know about that. So we might have to settle on Steph Curry and Lebron James going up against one another and advancing, with one of them definitively advancing out of the first round. And oh, by the way, in that series, I would still go with the Lakers, even though Golden State could beat them. I would say the Lakers have to be the favorites. Here's my personal preference, though, no matter what happens, I want ant Man to go as deep as he could go. I want to see ant Man. I want to see Anthony Edwis. That's who the hell I want to see. Okay, I just want to make sure that I'm clear about that before we move on to my next subject. Y'all can sit up there. We'll take a poll. Y'all can sit up there, expressed us what y'all think. Who would y'all rather see? Would you rather see Lebron and Steph in the first round against one another or do you want to see them going against different opponents, so they could possibly both advance beyond the first round. Is that your preference or is the preference them going up against one another? Just let a brother know, Just let a brother know. I'm about to ask this next brother to this question because he is my next guest. Talented actor best known for his role as Lawrence on HBO's hit series Insecure. Since then, he started a string of hit TV shows and films, including his latest called Freaky Tales, which hits theaters on April fourth. My brother, the one and only Jay ellis in the house. What's that, big time? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: How's everything? My guy was good, bro, It's good to see you. By the way, tell everybody the first of all, how tall are you? I was with you about two weeks ago. You're about to logit six three six' four, right you're about six four?
Speaker 5: Inch? Yeah how about six y four that's what they call?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right and you in turn with The Portland trailblazers before you became this you know, this this star on television and you are damn intern with The Portland Trades, trailblazers were you?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, MAN i was there for the THREE s TWO o three season the Jail blazers this, season Man Mo cheeks was the coach obvious to know that, Roster but, YEAH i was there for all the.
Speaker 1: Trouble, man there we, Go and so that means you know your. Basketball so you heard WHAT i, said you heard WHAT i broke. Down if you had your brothers knowing that you out in Southern, california but you're very familiar with The, bay et. Cetera what scenario would you want? Most would you Want lebron And steph going up against one another in the first? Round will one of them definitively advanced to beyond the first round or do you want to take the risk of them going against somebody else and both of them getting bounced.
Speaker 5: OUT i like to see them both get. Deeper.
Speaker 3: Verus that's a great, team, Man So i'm not sure that's who they want to see in the first round for. Sure so you, KNOW i think you're. RIGHT i think it's a lot of. FUN i think it's great for the game to go, see you, know The warriors and The lakers slugging out in the first.
Speaker 1: Round so you're you're good with them and at least knowing that one of them will advance past the first?
Speaker 3: Round, right, yeah, man, listen this is playoff basketball as we know. It these are two great, teams and, so you, KNOW i think we're gonna have a lot of.
Speaker 5: Fun you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i think the series will go longer than what some people might expect it to.
Speaker 5: Go but you, KNOW i think that's the basketball that.
Speaker 3: We want to, see and that's why we sign, up and that's why we, watch and that's why we show up to these stadiums and these arenas to see games like.
Speaker 1: This are you sure it's fit to classify both of them as great when you talk about them as, TEAMS i know they're, good but great we know great teams when we see. Them do you really feel both of them are?
Speaker 5: Great, here here's WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Think boston is, Great Oklahoma city is. Great, right we know what the top of the pack looks. Like we know that for, Sure like there's no questions about. That here's what you can't do. Though you can't count either of these teams. Out you can't count the experience, out you can't count the pedigree, out you.
Speaker 5: Know and SO i think these teams can.
Speaker 3: Have had flashes of greatness and can be, great you, know sustaining that over the playoffs obviously is, tough and that's what basket ball is.
Speaker 1: About would you be excited about A BOSTON okc? Finals, yeah it give it to, me.
Speaker 3: MAN i, mean, Listen i'd love to See okac maker. RUN i Think, boston you, know will get. There i'm excited to see them back and see them defending their. Championship it would be fun to See okay see you know WHAT i, mean especially as An oklahoma. Boy you, KNOW i grew up In, tolsa so you, know it'd be fun to See Okay see.
Speaker 5: You, know going there and and have a real.
Speaker 3: Shot that team is, special, Man like you look at that, team like those guys are really. Special they really show up EVERY i was listening this. Morning many they might mess around and whin seventy. Games, yeah, like this is a really great, team AND i do think it would be fun to go watch a team where everybody is locked, arms you know What i'm, saying going to play.
Speaker 5: Basketball it'd be fun to see them get.
Speaker 3: There there's some other teams THAT i might like to get, there but you, know it'd be fun to.
Speaker 1: Watch let me tell you WHAT i shared before we get in THE u a little bit. More let me tell you WHAT i shared about this. Season first of, ALL i don't want as much as as popular and as much of a bonanza in the ratings it would be for The lakers to go up Against. Boston the REASON i don't want to see that series is BECAUSE i believe The Los Angeles lakers would get slaughtered by The Boston. CELTICS i don't think that's a match they're made. For they're built for, THAT i don't think. SO i just don't like that for The. LAKERS i want a COMPETITIVE Nba. FINALS i don't want some lopside of the fair where we, go we're lucky to see you win a. GAME i Think boston would destroy. Them here's WHAT i would tell you is my most attractive proposition in terms of, interest as great as The Oklahoma City, thunder all those young thoroughbreds led BY, sga who's MY mvp this, year by the, way the Brother. Spectacular let me tell you what my matchup. Is could you imagine if it Was, Lebron james And luca and The lakers going To cleveland to try to Stop cleveland from capturing the. Championship lebron having to Stop cleveland from winning the. Championship to, me that would be that could be a epic. Matchup what do you say to.
Speaker 5: That, no that's a lot of, fun.
Speaker 3: MAN i mean obviously to see him have to go back home and win a championship would be you, know it would be Amazing That cleveland team, Also, BRO i, mean, wow, wow what a phenomenal team from from one through, Twelve, bro everybody shows up and plays their. Part that would be a lot of. FUN i, mean obviously the storylines would be, great you know WHAT i mean in terms of all the other things that come with. It but the, basketball the style of play for those two, teams it would be a lot of fun to watch them go up against each.
Speaker 5: Other but you can't count out A Boston. Lakers, no, no, no, no you know WHAT i, Mean, like that's that's.
Speaker 1: BASKETBALL i, mean that's that's that's that's. Basketball And i'm NOT i Think boston is the best team in THE nba and they should. Repeat you gotta bet your money on. Them i'm just talking ABOUT i think that The lakers are no match for. Them where is there a better match For? Cleveland and so because of it that it would make for an epic, matchup WHEREAS i Think boston AGAINST la that series ends in. Five that's my. PROBLEM i want to say a game series for the. FINALS i want a game seven of AN Nba, finals a championship on the, line it's forty eight minutes. Away everybody got to show. Up that's WHAT i want to.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, listen, LISTEN i think, again you, know, listen really get to. SEVEN i don't, know BUT i Think lebron And luca could pull something. Out you know What i'm saying that maybe we wouldn't have, expected but you're. RIGHT i Think Cleveland lakers matchup is a lot more fun to. Watch it's a lot more even, again the style of play of those two, teams it would be. Fun the, storylines it would be. Fun that'd be fun to, watch. MAN i also would love to Watch donovan get.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 3: MAN i Think donovan is a, guy he's a stud bro AND i, think you, know he's kind of was overlooked In, utah even though he was doing the thing In utah as, well and obviously he's flourished In.
Speaker 5: Cleveland so we'd love to see him get.
Speaker 1: There let me transition to, you, man BECAUSE i got to get to some of the things that you're. Doing that's why you're, Here not to talk. BASKETBALL i JUST i just got your basketball analysis WHILE i had you on. Camera but let me ask you this AN nba, star a corrupt, cop a female rap, duo teenage, punks Neo, nazis and a debt collector and balk on a collision course in nineteen eighty Seven, Oakland. California does this sum up the present the premise Of Freaky? Tales?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man this is a wild.
Speaker 3: Movie Bro it brings together four different groups of people in four different stories that all obviously converge at one point in my. Story you, KNOW i got to Play Sleepy floyd in this, film who, obviously as we know as a warrior great still holds the record for twenty nine points in the fourth quarter in the, Playoffs and you, know it was amazing to be able to go in there and play a fictionalized version of him WHERE i got to honor that that, greatness but still got to go have fun and do this amazing martial arts and weapons work THAT i get to do in this film to kind of avenge all these characters and all these.
Speaker 1: Stories why Was Sleepy ford the character you. Picked what was that?
Speaker 3: About, yeah, yeah, MAN i mean, listen the first TIME i read the, script it was the most original THING i feel LIKE i had read in a really long, time you, know and it really jumped off the page of, me and it really set me in nineteen eighty, Seven. OAKLAND i grew, up you know, This but LIKE i spent time In sacramento as a. KID i had an uncle In, HAYWARD i got family In. STOCKTON i spent a lot of time around The bay and got in and out of there a.
Speaker 5: Lot so you, know obviously thinking of that.
Speaker 3: Eighties warriors team and this moment that he, had you, know it was just an honor to be able to do. It but you, know to be able to flex and show my action skills and my martial arts, skills my practice like that was you.
Speaker 5: Know a lot of fun and a. CHALLENGE i love a.
Speaker 3: CHALLENGE i love a physical, challenge and you, know getting to do that in this film was, amazing, Man and you, know get getting to be the hero there we.
Speaker 1: Go so this wasn't something where you, know you had some stunt double or somebody just was you doing martial arts and all of that. Stuff that's what you would, Do.
Speaker 3: Jay, yeah we don't do stunt Double steven and we don't do stunt double steven and we don't do.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 5: Bro Now i'm, listen, MAN i will tell you.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i hadn't done martial arts SINCE i was about seven or eight years, old AND i might have got a yellow, Belt i'm not even. Sure AND i met my stunt double in this film AND i told. HIM i was, Like, bro you're not gonna work in this. Movie and he was, like, cool that just means you got a lot more to. Do AND i learned five or six different styles of martial. ARTS i learned how to use five or six different. Weapons. BRO i was doing three. DAYS i would do two hours every. MORNING i would do an hour of lifting in the middle of the, day and Then i'd go two hours of weapons at, night two and a half hours of weapons at, night six days a. Week and did that all the way up until you, know we started rolling cameras on On Sleepy.
Speaker 1: STORY i heard you Called Tom cruise for some, help some, advice Mister maverick Top gun. Himself is that trupis submission? Impossible is that? True?
Speaker 3: Yeah, MAN i, mean, listen who better to call than than the guy who's really he's really the definitive you, know action, star you know WHAT i, Mean like when you think about that genre and you think about all that he's, done like who better to call and, say, hey, man how DO i do?
Speaker 5: This you know WHAT i? Mean how DO i?
Speaker 3: Train how DO i how DO i? Recover how DO i prepare myself for? This how DO i make SURE i don't get? Injured how DO i make Sure i'm hitting my mark and through all this? Physicality how DO i make sure THAT i am absorbing every single one of these martial arts styles and weapons practices that that you're.
Speaker 5: You, know you're learning at a.
Speaker 3: Time and he was gracious, man you, know he sent me this crazy long text with all these different things to do and think about and to.
Speaker 1: Watch watch.
Speaker 5: Film you.
Speaker 3: Know one of the THINGS i keep telling people is like he told, me watch film, everything and every single night before you go to, bed watch it so you can see what you did, right what you did, wrong what you.
Speaker 5: Need to improve.
Speaker 3: On and literally every single NIGHT i would lay in bed and watch WHATEVER i did that.
Speaker 1: Day how hard is it for you to watch? THIS i, know DOING tv every DAY i don't like to do that too. MUCH i really really don't to. Men tomorrow's the next. DAY i got to show, up. Right how hard is it for you to look at it and just watch yourself and critique. Yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nah that's not for, me, man that's not really you, know in A tv, SHOW i think it's interesting Because i'm watching to understand the tone of the. Show i'm watching to make SURE i understand That i'm locked into the right the right, show and then after a WHILE i stop. Watching but you, know it's not my favorite thing to, do you know WHAT i. MEAN i feel LIKE i get to go make, it and that's WHAT i want to.
Speaker 8: DO i.
Speaker 3: Don't i'm not the ONE i want to necessarily watch. IT i want other people to watch it and experience.
Speaker 5: It and you, KNOW i.
Speaker 3: Hear how people feel about, it you, Know and that's HOW i Know i'm doing my. Job you, know whether you love my, characters whether you hate my, characters as long as you feel one way or, Another i'm doing my job.
Speaker 1: Right the key the enemy is. Indifference that's the death and. Difference as long as they'll love, YOU i hate, you you good to go that? Much we do that. Much we. Don't you, know The netflix Series Running point what you staring as? Well you know you played ahead of the Fictitious La. WAVES i mean that's a hit On netflix right. Now you look at what you're doing with all of these. Projects where do you feel you are in your career at this particular moment in, Time and how are you feeling about the industry as a whole with this quote unquote sensitive times that we live in and so much to be watching out for in terms of characters you portray and how information is.
Speaker 5: Absorbed, YEAH i, Mean i'll say for the, industry, Man i'm feeling.
Speaker 3: Optimistic i'm feeling, like you, know we obviously hit some bumps and, bruises you, know from obviously the pandemic like everyone else in the, world through you, know the strikes that we went, through and obviously there's been a ton of reshuffling and. Restructuring BUT i think some of, those you, know those things are starting to. Settle OBVIOUSLY la had its, own you, know heartbreaking troubles with the fires this, year BUT i feel like a lot of that's.
Speaker 5: Starting to settle a little bit in the.
Speaker 3: Industry you, know people want to get back to, work, man and the writers are getting busy, again and writers' rooms are opening, up and films are being you, know kind of fast track to be. Made and SO i feel like we're gonna make a roaring comeback and start making a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: Again AND i, think you, know for me in my career and Where i'm, at you, KNOW i.
Speaker 3: Only dreamed of a lot of this, man and THEN i started putting it up on a vision board at a certain, point and.
Speaker 5: You, KNOW i feel Like i've.
Speaker 3: Been building these pieces and putting this career together of work That i'm proud of and work that you, KNOW i want to look back and SAY i did, that you know WHAT i, mean and be proud of. It and you, Know i've been fortunate to do. That i've been fortunate to work with a lot of amazing, people, filmmakers, writers you, know actors, obviously and you, know it's it's. BEAUTIFUL i think of it like winning a. CHAMPIONSHIP i never won a, championship you know What i'm. Saying BUT i think of it, like you, know next, year you start all over again and none of whatever happened in the past doesn't. Matter so you, KNOW i pick up every single day and just keep doing the work and you, know hopefully the career keep.
Speaker 1: Going i'm wondering about the challenge of an, artist particularly one In, hollywood like yourself and, others considering how the, industry according to the reports anywhere his skill back to some degree since to, strike you, know how much production is actually being put out? There seems like content is, king but it also seems like, studios, networks et cetera spending less, money making less of an. INVESTMENT i, Yes i'm asking are these times harder or is it more of the Same coming from a perspective such as yourself based on what we, Know.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's a great, Question. Steven you, KNOW i think it is. Challenging. Right there's not as many opportunities out there for.
Speaker 3: People there's not as many you, know if you're an, actor there's not as many productions, going which means you don't get.
Speaker 5: As many opportunities to go get a.
Speaker 3: Job if you're a, writer there's not as many writers' rooms, open which means you don't get an opportunity to get a.
Speaker 5: Job or when the few rooms.
Speaker 3: Do, open they staff so, quickly you don't get an opportunity to get a. Job and, so you, KNOW i think it has been a challenge. Man you, KNOW i think about a lot of friends of mine who are below the line. Workers you, know you think your, craftsmen you think your hair and makeup, folks you, know your, gaffers your, teamsters you, know and a lot of folks have been out of. Work so it's definitely been a hard time and it's been a trying.
Speaker 5: TIME i.
Speaker 3: Think on the creative, side, though you try to look at it as an opportunity to, create and you try to look at it as an opportunity to, say IF i can tell a story THAT i want to, tell how COULD.
Speaker 5: I do that?
Speaker 3: Right how DO i do that via a scripted? Podcast DO i do that via A tv? Show DO i do that via.
Speaker 5: A film That i'm writing OR i want to direct or a short?
Speaker 3: Film and SO i think it's it's really forcing people or giving people the opportunity rather to like go be creative and think about how you want to give back to this creative community and put something into. It and that, is you, know that's HOW i try to look at, it. Man AND i think a lot of my friends who aren't as busy as they want to be like that's how they're trying to look at it as. Well it's, like how can they go create something for themselves and start a whole new lane for?
Speaker 1: Themselves is it challenging when you consider? Fact like, like for, me this is my, Show i've created this, show et. Cetera you, know but you got to go out there and get support unless you want to finance it. Yourself that's not the role of an active producer. Whatever that's not a role that folks customarily want to. Play do you find that to be more, challenging more, fulfilling or too challenging to the point where you're, like damn, IT i got to do something new that's got some guaranteed funds in the. Mix what's your mentality about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: MAN i love a, Challenge So i'm probably the, person you know What i'm, saying who's gonna, go who's going to go try to figure it? Out, Right i'm the person who's going to, go you, know be, like, oh, well how do you raise money or how do you you, know get this thing? Made how do you do a? Podcast excuse, me how do you license a piece of ip's that's me and kind of how my brain. Works you, know it is a very daunting thing, though you, know like that is not why many of us got into.
Speaker 5: This many of us became actors because we just want to tell, stories.
Speaker 3: Right we love the power of storytelling and how we can reach the. World and it is self indulgent at, times like it's no, lie but like at the end of the, day like you, know you do love the work and you love the study of people and you get to. Perform and so now knowing that you have to add all these different, layers you, KNOW i think of it as you, know putting little things in your, toolbox you know WHAT i. Mean and you slowly you start to become A swiss army knife and you start to realize, like, OH i can write a, thing act in a, thing get my homeboy to direct, it get another friend to produce, it and now we can put it out on, YouTube or now we.
Speaker 5: Can license it to a. Streamer and you know.
Speaker 3: It it's a tough, thing for, sure you, know it's a lot to. Learn BUT i think there's a lot of people out there who who want to do, it and you, know are now given the opportunity to do it because there's no other, choice right AND i think people would rather do that before walk away from it because you love it too, much you know WHAT i, Mean, LIKE i couldn't imagine doing anything. Else Stephen, Ey, wow you know WHAT i. Mean, LIKE i just this is my this is WHAT i was put on this earth to, do is tell stories and entertain. People So i'm going to find a way to do that by any means.
Speaker 1: Necessary So i'll let you get on out of, here man speaking and telling. Stories tell us the story of the UPCOMING Nba? Finals who are you? Seeing?
Speaker 5: Who cool? Man why you do?
Speaker 1: This come, on? Man you want to tell, stories? Right you want to tell? Stories, well, listen toys come with a variety of. Forms stories could come with. It there could be reality, stories or they could be. Fantasy they could be. Fantasy you know What i'm. Saying you could give a fantasy. VERSION i Mean Draymond green out there talking about The Golden State warriors gonna win the. Championship some people think that's, fantasy a few think that's. Reality others think That lebron And luca got a shot they want to. Ignore oh kn't see In. BOSTON i mean those are fantasy's that could become. Reality what about.
Speaker 3: You, okay, okay, okay. OKAY i Think boston gets. THERE i Think boston gets. THERE i think we know, that we see that.
Speaker 5: The west is. Tough, Man, LISTEN i mean you know.
Speaker 3: This you do this every single, day, man, six seven and, eight five or five through, eight or like one game. Apart like this is, crazy, man like it. Is it is insane to see, this you know, again you know going back to, that you know you brought out who YOUR mvp. Is you, Know joker is MY. MVP i would love to See denver get there. AGAIN i think that would be a lot of.
Speaker 5: Fun don't wish that, then, obviously don't wish.
Speaker 1: That you just feel LIKE i don't feel like being in The Maha, city, MAN i don't feel like being in that. Altitude. MAN i just don't feel like going through it, Again, JAY i just. DON'T i just don't, Know, bro my body doll losing his breath and shit all the. TIME i, mean you know what's up.
Speaker 3: When that dude is on the, court you know. It everybody knows. It, Bro it's the craziest thing to.
Speaker 5: Watch.
Speaker 3: Man you look up and you, like this dude has a triple double in the third, quarter and you don't even know how it, happened because it.
Speaker 5: Happens it's so smooth you don't even, know you know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean and then When Jamal murray is clicking and you know It's Aaron gordon can catch the ball anywhere and his bag has gotten, better especially on the.
Speaker 1: Dribble.
Speaker 5: Man like you, know they're a really fun team to, watch and you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i believe In, okay, see BUT i think they got to go against some dogs to get. There they got to go get some vets to get. There they got to go and get some dogs to get. There and that's not to say that they're not. Dogs But i'd like to See denver get. There and if it's Not, denver then you, KNOW i like to see The lakers get. There, Man i'm a hometown. Boy i'm a hometown.
Speaker 1: Boy so you're a hometown boy that ultimately doesn't want to admit that you're picking The boss And celtics to win the. Championship, whoa, whoa that's what you're. SAYING i, mean that's what that's my. INTERPRETATION i, MEAN i could be, wrong but that's my. INTERPRETATION.
Speaker 5: Whoa, LISTEN i don't know what happens when the finals come.
Speaker 1: Around you deserve the right to hold on to that, thought, Right.
Speaker 3: YEAH i don't know what happens when the finals come, around freaky you know What i'm. Saying but but you, KNOW i would love to See boston play The.
Speaker 5: Nuggets and if it's not The, Nuggets i'd love to see him play The.
Speaker 1: Lakers all, right my, Man all the best of, you my. Brother Freaky tales in Theaters, Friday april, Fourth The Running, point by the, way streaming now On netflix and pick. Up did everyone have an, imagine every friend or just me wherever you buy your. Books the brother is a. Publisher he's an, actor the, storyteller. Extraordinary the one and only jay ellis appreciate, you my, man proud of, you make. You we'll catch him, soon thank. You doubt one only jay ellis in the house right here with Steven a up next your calls and. Videos folks want to get at, me BUT i got a. Weapon the only part about it is that he ain't no damn. Secret it's my Nephew. Josh but on this particular day he might have my. Back he just my miracles still. Happen STEVEN A Smith show in the. House back for more in a. Minute, well back To Stephen Nate smith. Show you heard me talking, politics you heard me talking TO. Nba thanks again to the one and Only Jay ellis for coming on the show talking with us as. Well AND i felt THAT i was gonna lighten the mood a little. Bit and you, know when this man asked me to come on the, show he didn't really, ask he just, Said i'll be. There i'll be, there you, know because he a. Boss now that's what he. Does, Nephew josh's in the. House what's going? On? Man m what the hell is that?
Speaker 10: YOU i got a date? Tonight don't say nothing?
Speaker 1: Crazy why does that ship look like shiny?
Speaker 10: Plether that's what's going on right. Now everything is not A steve.
Speaker 1: So but but is That pleatha or? Leather and don't disrespect my Brother Steve. Harvey you be, no, no.
Speaker 10: No, Harvey steve Stephen a Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Harvey no, no there's only one Stephen a, baby it's only want Stephen. A but you were you wearing the? Type so hold on for a. Second you said you got a date? Tonight didn't you just say? That? Yeah where you? Goinging sight? Seeing this is.
Speaker 10: Free it's my turn to. Pay so so you, said.
Speaker 1: Because it's your turn to, pay you go on sight seeing because it's. Free so that means you don't want to spend no. Money it's not just that.
Speaker 11: Too did the weather's turning around, too like the city's nice to do the weather, fields get, outside you're gonna get some, head.
Speaker 1: But you. Eat but the first words out of your mouth, was it's my turn to. Pay so this is free.
Speaker 11: Because you, know you know when they be, like it's the thought that. Counts SO i put one hundred percent thought into this instead of instead of, money one hundred pought.
Speaker 1: Zero so, so, so so where you're going to take her for the tight. Seeing we're gonna we're gonna.
Speaker 10: Go we're gonna start at thirty Fourth.
Speaker 11: Street then we're gonna walk a marathon until you, know she probably gonna wear heels because she thinks we're gonna, eat so we're not gonna walk too, far and she's gonna be, tired and you're gonna head back as soon as you're getting Sid but if she's.
Speaker 1: Hungry but if she's, hungry why would you head back anywhere when you really really is supposed to be taking out to.
Speaker 11: Dinner, No i'm not supposed to take you out to. Dinner i'm supposed to take her. Out it's on me on Where i'm taking.
Speaker 1: Her so where's she where's she? From i'm, saying if she's From New, york it is what a? Masket, Yeah so why you think taking her To Times square thirty Fourth street is something that's gonna.
Speaker 11: Move her because on every block somebody's gonna shout we rich and it's just the feeling of you, know you're with a jaler.
Speaker 10: Celebrity now working my way?
Speaker 1: Up, yeah what's on your? Mind? Man why do You why do you want to sit in here with me? Today? Man BECAUSE i mean you already getting on my damn nerves with. This go? Ahead, man did you.
Speaker 10: Tell him that we was at The Three americans thing?
Speaker 1: TOGETHER i didn't tell them that WAS i WAS i supposed to tell him? That? Yeah why you want me to tell him?
Speaker 11: That because you have to add some some some validness to my my JV p.
Speaker 1: Run, well you were there filming it for, me but you did a bunch of shots from the back of my head that made no.
Speaker 11: Sense oh you want me to get Into why because the people at the place would not let me film from in front of. You you know, why right my last name Wasn't cuomo Or 'reiley BECAUSE i told. HIM i told him WHO i. Was they tried to like they ain't know WHO i. Was so that's either your fall today fall who taking the.
Speaker 1: Blame so you saying that you know because you said that you Were, smith STEPHEN A smith's, nephew that they let they, denied that's.
Speaker 11: PAST i didn't say STEPHEN A smith's. NEPHEW i Said I'm Josh, smith and we running in twenty twenty. Eight now where DO i see? It and she looked at me LIKE i was. CRAZY i got over.
Speaker 1: It we? Running? Yeah how we? Running we we running vice.
Speaker 11: President i'm Gonna i'm gonna get you to vote that that the people that don't want to vote for you gonna want to vote for.
Speaker 1: Me don't you tell the people what you said to me On sunday when you. Came you walked up to me and you, said Uncle Steve, MAN i might have been. Wrong you you you you really could do, This you, could you? Should you should? Want you tell elaborate to the, audience let him.
Speaker 11: KNOW i walked right down on, him BECAUSE i did see him speaking on our.
Speaker 10: Behalf i'm not sure where you can see. That what can you watch?
Speaker 1: THAT i don't. Know, yeah that's bill a.
Speaker 11: Rally you don't even know who we could watch, That but he was speaking on our.
Speaker 10: Behalf AND i was thoroughly impressed by.
Speaker 5: THAT i was.
Speaker 10: Impressed And i'm, like.
Speaker 11: Listen between me and, you you got you got The you got the, left AND i got the.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i think it would be the other way around the way you. Talk i'm just, SAYING i don't, know but go. Ahead why you got these cards in your? Hand what you?
Speaker 11: Got this is these are my notes for. LATER i GOT i got a, few uh new laws and stuff like. That we're gonna get into that after the new.
Speaker 1: Laws new. Laws oh, god let me go to the, videos, man let me go to. Visit some people gonna call. In they send the videos. In they got some stuff to. SAY i don't know whether it's to me or you or. Whatever it's probably to me because they don't care about. You they care about. Me but let's hear what they got to. Say all, right who we got.
Speaker 5: Here Steven.
Speaker 6: A my question to you, today, sir is if you could change the outcome of one game in sports, history not just for the, result but for the impact it would have on the player's. Legacy what game would you choose and? Why by the, way that's the best question they ever asked, You.
Speaker 1: Boom game, Seven Lebron james Against goldens and The cleveland Cavili is Against Golden. State Treymond green should have never been ejected For game. Five that was a stimulus package THE nba Gave Lebron. James but give him credit because him And Kyrie irving went ballistic in games five and. SIX i think both of them dropped forty won a. Piece in game six that was a. Game Steph curvey got ejected when he took his mouthpiece out and threw. It we actually filed, out but he threw it at the failed to aim at the official but accidentally hit a fan the patron. There and Then game seven the block By lebron On Andrea goodala's, layup and of Course kyrie with the side step three Over Steph curry won the championship For. Cleveland if he doesn't win that, championship there's no championship In. Cleveland, okay that's one less championship he would have on his, resume, Right and there's no conversation, whatsoever no conversation about goats and all of this other. Stuff SO i would say to, You i'm not THAT i wish Because i'm not wishing. That BUT i look at that game in terms of impacting. Legacy you, Know magic and berwin the finals for a. Decade jordan won six SIX nba, finals six to. Six but when you talk about legacy, defining that would have been.
Speaker 11: THAT i Think mon's that one right there is, Like i'm cool with, that with the results of, that because that was player is deciding what happened the legion Of boom losing a ring because you decide to throw a pass when you're at the two yall line when you Have Marshawn, Lynch, RIGHT i don't like.
Speaker 1: That that's a good. One that's a good. One galen's over there talking to me About Patrick ewing in the next in nineteen ninety. Four, yeah it would have Changed Patrick ewan's, legacy that is, true but we still wouldn't be thinking about him that much if The new, year Their knicks fans, would but not the, world not the basketball. World that's WHY i didn't pick. That, gali sit back. There continue to lose. Weight, Bro let's go to the next. Video let's go to the next. Video show me what you.
Speaker 9: Got what's Up steven? It so here's my, question, man why do WOULD i just have to see you every? Everywhere?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 9: Like involved in, politics involved in the sports, stuff involved in. Everything. MAN i means to people that tried to stay out of the, spotlight Like Jim murray or any of THE La times writers before it got. Terrible SO i don't, Know, Man you're not a, Journalist you're just an. Influencer and, yeah your political career is.
Speaker 5: LAUGHABLE i don't.
Speaker 9: Know why you're trying to get. Involved you seem more literate Than kamala, was so that doesn't make any. Sense they need someone sharp or someone that's going to represent the, people and you seem to be just about. Yourself so, YEAH i guess my question is why are you everywhere and making millions of? Dollars all, right thank?
Speaker 1: YOU i guess my answer to the question would be a, question why the hell do you Know i'm? Everywhere clearly you can't get enough of, me says you decided to send take time out of your, life you know to send me THAT i won't get into the fact that you look like you got a lot of time on your. HANDS i wonder WHY i won't go that. Route, instead WHAT i will tell you is. This first of, All i'm not an. INFLUENCER i have been a. Journalist i'm a journalist that transitioned to a pundentit slash. Commentator WHY i have a resume my brother spanning thirty Years New York Daily, News Philadelphia, enquirer SEEING, Nsi Fox, SPORTS, espn now owning my own. Platform, brother this wasn't, given it was. Earned so you can. Hate you could do what you want to, do BUT i do this for a. Living, now clearly you have a problem with. That there's a simple. Solution don't. Watch but the reason why you can't stop watching is because you know you hate, it but you like what you see and you like What i'm, Giving SO i appreciate the. Support i'm sorry you can't admit. It sorry about, that but that's when, You, josh what are your?
Speaker 10: THOUGHTS i think he was talking to me BECAUSE i ain't got no.
Speaker 11: RESON i ain't got none of, that AND i got put on AND i don't mind being spoken about.
Speaker 10: It and then you know another. Thing we all we Owe Kevin durant an.
Speaker 11: Apology we all. DO i used to get on. Him you two about having burn that. ACCOUNTS i got seven no. Them so you can catch me At britney spizz seven nine to seven three seven watch him mouths BECAUSE i could be answering you familiar with.
Speaker 1: You got Seven bernouck. Hunts, yeah are you talking? ABOUT i don't have no dan. BERNOIN i know you gotta wake up and fight. Back, WHY i don't.
Speaker 10: KNOW i just think it's.
Speaker 1: Finally let me get to the coles man BEFORE i get on out of. Here let's go to the first. One Go zach And. Wisconsin go, ahead, bro go, ahead.
Speaker 8: Bro so my question for you IS jj McCarthy and The. Vikings and IF jj McCarthy can, play you, know just above average quarterback play with a talent Around, minnesota how far do you see him going if he's, up if he plays that, way.
Speaker 1: You know, WHAT i think they got a, chance, MAN i Deep their defense is big. Time flores is no. JOKERS a defensive coordinator Or condela is no joke as a as a head coach and a quarterback coach Quarterback. Guru What i'm shocked, By zach act is this reliance ON jj, McCarthy like they act like he's played in THE nfl. Before he was just injured or. Something he, was he won a national championship At, michigan he got injured his rookie year before he ever played the. Game and yet they gonna, say you know, what uh you, know A Sam, donald you can. Leave they're gonna, Say Aaron, rodgers you don't have to. Come SO jj McCarthy is that? Dude they're acting like he's produced. ALREADY i don't get.
Speaker 8: It do you think it was Valt amark moved to not Get Aaron rodgers on the team just in.
Speaker 1: Case maybe maybe Maybe what are your, Thoughts, josh real, quick because That's.
Speaker 10: Irons fan over. Here don't speak on A. Bikings good luck next.
Speaker 1: YEAR a right works for. Me appreciate the goals. Act thank. You this Is, ben go, Ahead, ben go ahead.
Speaker 7: MAN i have only been watching basketball for about a, year seriously watching, basketball AND i love. It the first GAME i ever saw was The lucas seventy three point, game and that made me A maverage Sent i'm wondering where do you after the trade and after every the disaster these past have been for The, mavericks where do you think will be in a? Round not five, years but like two, years like long? Term how do you?
Speaker 1: Think, well two years ain't long. Term that's number. One number TWO i would say this to. You within the next two, YEARS i Think Dallas mavericks have a shot to win the. CHAMPIONSHIP i think If, Kyrie Anthony, Davis Daniel, Gafford Derek, LIVELY. Pj washington and the rest of the crew With Jason kidd coaching, them are, HEALTHY i think The Dallas mavericks have a chance to win the. Championship AM i wrong about?
Speaker 10: That josh definitely.
Speaker 1: Wrong ain't a?
Speaker 11: Way why Not Daniel, Gafford Derek, lively these ain't And kyrie in two more?
Speaker 1: Years, No, No i'm saying over the next two, years meaning next year of the year after they got a.
Speaker 10: CHANCE i don't think so you got them be in the top teams in The.
Speaker 1: West they can if they're all, healthy because they Got that's Why Anthony Anthony davis is Not. Now it might have been foolish to let Go Luka, doncic but Understand Anthony davis is good for twenty eight and twelve at night when, healthy and he's. Legitimate he's a legitimate power forward at six feet, ten six feet eleven when you look at him and gaffering and. Lively if you get stellar guard, Player If kyrie and And Anthony davis are both available to you and everybody's, healthy The MAVs can compete with.
Speaker 10: Anybody When i'm, FOCUSED i could do. Anything how open to my?
Speaker 1: Focus, Yes griff just got in my ear talking About kyrie's got to play an option for next. Year the brother just got had. Surgery they're gonna still pay him his, money but he was in live for damn near two hundred and fifty million. DOLLARS i don't know how much he's going to. Get. Now let me go to this last caller. Here let's go To christian From. Atlanta you're live With STEVEN a and Nephew. Josh, christian talk to, us all, Right so.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the holder shig In watson? Situation and where do you see The browns going from? There like how did they move? On did they just you, know bought all up Trade Nick chubb and things like that and move on or should they just keep what they hope did they find the quarterback in The you gotta.
Speaker 1: Hope you find a quarterback because you ain't blowing it up when you just Paid Miles garve at all that. Money you didn't pay him all of that money to take. Seasons and the fact of the matter Is Toshaun. Watson it's inexplicable what's happened to? Him, BRO i, mean that's just the mental completely contaminating your. Game when you have a situation where you give this brother a guarantee two hundred and thirty million dollar, deal every penny, guaranteed when a brother got twenty seven lawsuits at the time against, them and you give him the money, anyway and he steps on the football field and looks nothing like he looked when he was a quarterback for The Houston. Texans that's just messing with your Mental. Josh i'm going to my nephew. HERE i can't believe how Bad Deshaun watson has.
Speaker 11: Looked, yeah he definitely been looking, bad so bad That i'm in the movie.
Speaker 10: Look at my neck THAT i need a little.
Speaker 1: Sad, Really, damn that's pretty. Low that's kind of low to do that that was kind of. Low you should be nice in thanim got you need in a? Massage take it, easy take. It let's get to you and your list before we get on out of. Here, josh you got new? Rules you said you.
Speaker 11: Got oh, yeah you forgot to have the new. RULES i did it BECAUSE i got caught up In, Deshaune. WATSON i really don't need, Them. Sorr If i'm driving AND i catch IF i catch a heat, flash right AND i cracked the, window but the passenger.
Speaker 1: Is, cold who should we go?
Speaker 10: With i'm the, driver remember that.
Speaker 1: Part if it's your. Lady if it's your, lady, look you got to find at least a happy. Medium you got the. Compromise you have to always do something that tells her it's not just about. You that's All i'm trying to say with.
Speaker 10: That is it about me at?
Speaker 1: All it can be because you don't need to be freezing if you're. Driving you don't need to be uncomfortable because your, safety her safety is in your hands because you're behind the. Wheel but you you do need to be a bit sensitive to what she wants and, needs even at that particular moment in, time because damn, it if she's. Freezing that's a.
Speaker 10: Problem so if she starts a question with, so CAN i ask you a? Question AND i say? No is that?
Speaker 11: Valid say what if she asks me a question and it starts with CAN i ask you a?
Speaker 10: Question AND i say? No is that?
Speaker 11: Valid because we all know when y'all start with can you ask you a?
Speaker 10: Question there's nothing good coming behind? That so you gave me an you gave me an, option AND i said?
Speaker 1: No is it?
Speaker 10: Rhetorical CAN i ask a?
Speaker 1: Question? Like it's? Rude CAN i ask you a? Question? No, really it is. True it's an. Answer, Forward next, rule, bro next. RULE i got a surprise for, you by the, way before all of this shows.
Speaker 11: Up but go, Ahead oh you do the indecision, Shot. Clark IF i ask you what you want to? Eat you got twenty four seconds to figure it. Out you got two back and forth before the twenty four seconds runs. Out you Know i'm vegan this. Month, no we don't have time for. That, Like i'm really sick of. It i'm going on the day, tonight LIKE i told, You and it's, outside we're gonna. Stop we might, stop but a hot dog truck or something like.
Speaker 1: That why would you be going outside on a date In, april in Early. April why would you pick an outside venue that this Early?
Speaker 11: April like it might get a little, chilli but the wind's not gonna go through. This hopefully she doesn't have on nothing that's too that's too.
Speaker 1: Damn so you're thinking about what you was. Wearing you took into, account not at all what she might be.
Speaker 5: Wearing, no not.
Speaker 10: Exactly if she wants to go, home then the sooner we be getting, side.
Speaker 1: Man, sit what's your next?
Speaker 11: Rule so so that's it for, today because my, my my. Mails we're gonna get to the mails on the next. Show it's a surprise for.
Speaker 1: Me, Okay i'm gonna bring you back later on the week to get to your. Rules BUT i got a little surprised your little video That i'm gonna play for you in just a. SECOND i just sent it to my Man griff And. Galen when y'all have that, video play it For. Josh were gonna end the show on this, please cause you got something explained to. DO i got you good on this. One hold on for a, second, Yo, stephen a, man tell your, Nephew Tell josh That i'm really disappointed in him that he didn't know who the Original.
Speaker 5: Flash.
Speaker 3: Was all, right pay homage to the Original flash before you introduce a New flash.
Speaker 5: Character all. Right So i'm still a big, fan but let's strike.
Speaker 1: One you not entretaining one of the nicest dudes on the. Planet who's one of the greatest off guards in the history of, basketball a three time, champions A hall Of. Famer all, right one of the best PEOPLE i. Know you know that's my brother right. There and how In god's name do you not know who the Original flash? WAS i, mean ignored him and he called you.
Speaker 10: OUT i never not knew Who Dwayne wade?
Speaker 1: Was is he Still? Flash excuse? Me he's whatever he wants to. Be that's What hall Of famers. Are hall of famous who are champions multiple times, over plus The, FINALS. Mvp those are those guys right. There and by the, way he didn't send that the. Hub he's not bad to me because he didn't send that video for me to put over the. Airways but you, know he got love for, You SO i. TRIED i thought he would appreciate me showing.
Speaker 11: That what that reminded me of was was It Rick barry saying that like he could have played in any era if he had all of the things that they. Had, now this is WHAT i mean with. Everybody we have to move along with the. Times if you see, better say it's.
Speaker 10: BETTER i mean way was, So so who.
Speaker 1: Are you saying is better than The? Wade Now i'm, saying who are you? Saying who were you alluding to at that time that he had to call you? Out who are you alluding?
Speaker 10: To that's not that somebody's better than exactly all.
Speaker 1: Right so now we get that out the. Way, secondly that's not what he was getting on you. About he was getting on you about like you were acting like you didn't know Who flash.
Speaker 11: WAS i know, Who But i'm just saying that if there's a New, flash does he Keep flash like?
Speaker 1: You to see how you? Smiling you smiling because you caught out there you're trying to find a man you call your. BOYS i, Didn't, josh he was watching. You he was watching you on the show and saw you forget his.
Speaker 11: Name you, SEE i do things to support this. Show we end this as a. WHOLE i even did The Chris brown residuous challenge on behalf of the. Show we're gonna show it on the next on the next, episode challenge. Residuals, yeah it's like when you remake his, song AND i did it on behalf of our on behalf of our, show music video and all of That i'm gonna show.
Speaker 10: Is gonna be me go oh my, GOD r AND b album. Pending that's what The, america the world is.
Speaker 1: YouTube, goodbye. Y'all we we gotta.
Speaker 10: Go let it go out on me, too but on me