Speaker 1: He is drinks chants, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't sagreed. That's your boy in O R e. He's a Miami hip hop mioneer, put up as d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 1: Days New Year's c That's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother. Would a good be hoping that Shooter should be This your boy in O R eight? What up is DJ e f N?
Speaker 4: That's Minna take me Crazy War, drink champs, y Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: All of that make some right now.
Speaker 4: Where you talk about legends, we talk about two man group. We talk about some of the best back and forth lyricists, paint pictures, real artists.
Speaker 1: Real hard core shit.
Speaker 4: You cannot listen to the music sitting down. You gotta saying your ass up and get hype. This is one of the best groups of all times. Health influence mar Deep who mar Deep? He influenced us so in a lot of ways. It wasn't for them.
Speaker 1: This show or this person might not even be here. They are the impeccables. They are. I love love to see them in verses.
Speaker 4: But in case you don't know who the fuck we're talking about, were talking about the one the only. Let just let's just leg just man, I ain't gonna lie to you. I was going through your discography, yo, y'all got some music, man.
Speaker 1: Yo, man, Like it's like real art, Like like I remember me.
Speaker 4: Hearing it and not going to Brownsville at that time, and me just like I'm knowing that y'all painted like I felt like I was that Sarah Toolda.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like, So, how did y'all come up with that?
Speaker 1: All that music?
Speaker 5: It's all organic b Like we don't even for shows anything we do, Like, there's no rehearsing.
Speaker 1: The way y'all go back and forth.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just feeling, just feeling.
Speaker 5: So you know, I thought about this on the flight here and in my room and everything, and you know, people ask the question like how did y'all come up with it? And it's different with us than other rap groups, right because we're not really a group, right, that's the big difference because we go back so far that we don't even know how we met, where we met, when we met.
Speaker 4: That was my next question.
Speaker 5: I knew, I.
Speaker 3: Remember that on stage, we we got fucking sign language. We could just look at each other, like, catch me, nigga, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Foster told me about swim Star. He said, swim Star do that, and.
Speaker 3: I always, yeah, you just look at the nigga, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean. You know, catch me, catch me right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But now you did the BT Awards with Steve Rifkin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was that?
Speaker 3: Experience? Was amazing? I mean, shout out to Steve Rifkins to shout out Steve.
Speaker 4: Signed Aloud, right, yeah, Steve Rifkin signed a Loud Yeah okay, so how how how was that? I'm dealing with Steve y'all signed autang was there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was legendary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of great groups, the man, it was just good. It was like being home Loud Records because you have so many amazing artists doing our condo music, you know what I mean, nigga music.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You're comfortable in that environment, right.
Speaker 5: That was that, uh, that friendly competition era that we were in right. So if you're on the label, you got Old Tang, you got Nahs, you got I mean, excuse me, Mob Deep, you got all these amazing fucking artists on everybody right, Yo, everybody over. Everybody's over there. It's that that friendly competition that that we was having. Like you know, you hear a fucking Mob Deep album or Mob Deep record, You're like, we're all in the same place.
Speaker 6: So it's like kept everybody on the keep keep you.
Speaker 3: On your toes. Plus you fans like I'm a fan of all of them allists. He's just everybody on a Loud Records I was a fan of.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm a music nerd.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I watched the documentary on You and you was naming mass.
Speaker 1: Like different music. He's like, Yo, people think make hard music. Listen to you. I was like, wow, that's different, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? So that that keeps you on your feet, keep you going and ship.
Speaker 1: What's something that you listen to that.
Speaker 3: I listened to reggae music, dance hall because you turned it down, you know, Okay.
Speaker 5: Calypso listen to Soaka like a motherfucker. I used to want to get up through tour bus Nigga, that's nigga bam like a motherfucker, all of that, all of that ship.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you got to get away from from the hip hop ship. Even when I'm listening to us like I'm working, I don't feel like working, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You gotta change.
Speaker 1: Because you're too close to you gotta back.
Speaker 3: And like, you know, too much hip hop is like your fucking brain need a fucking break, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I put them from.
Speaker 3: Reggae and vibe out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I put on old school reggae, like like you can play that music loud anywhere.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you feel nobody. I can't go wrong with nineties dance at South So too. I'm sorry, I look at that.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you talk about like sound like I know, let's take it from the begetting how about some hardcoref Look that's.
Speaker 4: Back then, yo, that's Joe Because it says on the back of it it says ninety three.
Speaker 1: But what did we google and it said ninety two? No, it's well, it's said ninety four. The album came out.
Speaker 4: Here, that came out ninety four, okay, but the single came out ninety ninety three.
Speaker 1: Was this the first single? Was it something?
Speaker 6: Before this first single?
Speaker 3: I had a joint call the Hell That's Real, It's about.
Speaker 5: My neighborhood, okay.
Speaker 3: Project. Yeah, that was a shout out to Silver D shout the lazy Ladies lay.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was really a compilation right well, he happened to put me on the compilation and ship. I had like three joints on it, okay. And one of the joints I made was called it Hill That's real.
Speaker 1: Hell, that's real, And that's my neighborhood. And that's in ninety two.
Speaker 4: That's ninety two, yeahy two sixteen, Okay, So how do you get to how about some hard core d all period.
Speaker 5: Is from my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: That nigga. It's like a block away. You can hit through the vacant lot. You can hear sucking mute bumping through the lock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That his crib.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we made out his crib in the not in the ville, okay? Was it was?
Speaker 5: It had a cross yeah, no, more like best style, but right across folkkm.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But he used to live right right across the street from me.
Speaker 1: Wow, so he just was.
Speaker 3: I used to go to this crib and ship. Actually it was him and the sister rhyming on the beach, just bugging out. Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: Queen right, Queen, Yeah yeah, I heard the beat.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's that motherfucker bring it? You know when we on that joint, Billy Billy came up with this ship. He started he started rhyming this ship all right, rhyn was how about some mall core? Yeah, we like in r the street. I'm like, Yo, that's the hook, right, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: That was that was the first line in your verse?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, wow, he said that's the hook.
Speaker 7: Right there is Actually, like you said, you guys weren't I can't remember when.
Speaker 1: You started the group.
Speaker 7: So it's like y'all just started rhyming on the record and we wasn't.
Speaker 3: Really it was a crew a crew m P before we was wrapping it like that, you know what I mean? We just represented through music.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and then let's let's take it to that video. How about some hardcore? Where was that video?
Speaker 5: App? And on the hell on the block building and a half fast banded building and ship?
Speaker 1: But you remember who filmed the video?
Speaker 5: Hype really yea over that car.
Speaker 1: Come on. That was a good grimy video, Like those were the best videos. Man ain't gonna lie. I would never think Hype did that video that.
Speaker 5: That was one of Hype's first videos. Get the first videos. Wow, paid a small bag of money to get it done. We can say, really a small bag of money in comparison to what we had started doing videos and ship. But you see the video, it's it's you know, you got the black and white, you got color, which was common at the time.
Speaker 6: But the whole video was black and white.
Speaker 5: When it was done, and we ran into Hype on Bleaker Street, it's like, yo, dude, you know we need you to kind of do make some adjustments. Head and Ship took on back down to the veil, called the camera crew out and we got the color shots.
Speaker 6: Now, I mean it was we had a dope time.
Speaker 5: It was the first time we yeah, the first time we ever did anything like this, anything anything up do. We stayed up all night. We stayed up all night. It's like, what the fuck are we about to do? This is something different?
Speaker 1: And height was it Hollywood was did he feel out of place being in Brooklyn?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you felt ause right now, right right, it was real Brooklyn. He yeah, I mean, he held up pretty good.
Speaker 3: And he was saying he was saying, he was yeah.
Speaker 4: And the bill is like one of at that time too, like that was probably one of the worst wildest places in America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ridiculous, ridiculous when when when I think back about this ship, it's like, how the fuck do we make it through that ship?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? And you know, I mean everybody's I mean, you got these neighborhoods everywhere, you know what I mean, And and everybody that live in these neighborhoods. Everybody's not tough, everybody's not killers, everybody's not stupid, but it's a lot of people who are.
Speaker 3: And that's the.
Speaker 5: Ship that you got to face when you come outside every day, you know what I mean. You got to figure out how to navigate through that ship, which it was hell, but you know we pulled it off.
Speaker 1: You know, you think gentrification is good.
Speaker 5: Or bad like this something about that.
Speaker 3: I think it's bad in a way where you got like, say, for instance, you have like Latino neighbor you know that's Latino community, Like they separate them and they moved their stores and stuff like that, you know what I.
Speaker 7: Mean, places everybody, Yeah yeah, and it changes the fabric of that neighborhood. If they would invest in those people, yeah right right, that would be different. Like I went to this neighborhood in Columbia called and it's the hood. It's like where they had all the crazy gangs and gang wars and hip hop. Transformed it and the government put money into it. And they just put escalators because the higher you go in the mountain, the crazier it gets, right, So they put escalators to give them access to the ground level. And then they told all the graffitos do murals everywhere, and the whole neighborhood's changed.
Speaker 1: They invested in the neighbors. It's the same people that I much the.
Speaker 5: Way it was.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, you want some motherfucking jerk chicken or something, you go to flatworsh right, you know, I mean you can still go now, you know where to goes. You know exactly where the coat you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You got your favorite rote spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got your roo right right right right.
Speaker 5: I think the gentrification, the only thing I dislike about it is pushing our people out. You know what I'm saying because when they gentifyed the ship, they boost up all the prices, and unfortunately, most of our people can't afford these prices, so they got to be you know, displaced and put somewhere else.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, it's good for the kids though. We threw for yeah, throwing rocks, having rock, taking lots.
Speaker 5: And shipping the band of building the buildings like that.
Speaker 3: These niggas got parks and all this beautiful ship that you didn't have.
Speaker 5: You didn't know.
Speaker 1: These kids don't got winging.
Speaker 3: We didn't have.
Speaker 4: No, that was a dirt bomb.
Speaker 1: So we got we got them ready, We got ready. Our show was about giving people flowers.
Speaker 4: Man. We wanted to give you your flowers face to face man, the man, tell y'all, how.
Speaker 1: Great y'all come, long overdue.
Speaker 3: From the beginning, we tried to.
Speaker 4: Get y'all year one. So you know what, the show got bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger than the platform. So maybe guard waited for this very moment, so you know what I mean. So yea, yeah, go ahead, you got that. So we wanted to, you know, tell y'all man, how dope y'all.
Speaker 1: This morning?
Speaker 4: Because I said, I'm drinking. We're gonna go hard so Google, but I'm going through. Yeah, the photography. I've noticed that you had a lot of records with Google. What was the relationship with Google and Gang Star.
Speaker 5: I mean it happened again, happened organically. There were fans of m O P that record right there. Premiere tells the story how he was seeing the stickers of the posters or seeing the album and seeing the knife going through this. How he tells, I've seen the knife stuck in the in the in the album that was so hot, so fire. And one day me and my man Boo Bang God bless him, we were on a train.
Speaker 6: This record was out already.
Speaker 5: We're on the train and we're looking down the car and we see who looks like ja rue the damage. I'm looking at him. He looking He almost like what what kind of ship?
Speaker 3: Right? I'm like, yo, I think that's the nigga.
Speaker 5: So men, Boo go down there. We introduced our stuff, be like oh ship yo, We're like yo. Premier loved y'all and it kind of started right there. All right, cool, We got a link and we you know, Premier had the radio show at the time. We went up there to do the radio show and then the first time we got in the studio was to do a remix to how by some hardcore, which turned into the first Downtown Swinger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, years old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was such a natural fit his production.
Speaker 5: With you guys like yeah Primo, Yeah, that bounced that drum ship that he locked the door.
Speaker 3: Nobody can't go on that motherfucker.
Speaker 5: But the artist back in the days.
Speaker 3: D D was the ship a broom here, knocking room over there, and knocking room over the Niggasus ship, niggasiroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I remember I had a session with Premier and d n D. He he destroyed like six of them craziest beats in front of my face.
Speaker 3: I was so bad.
Speaker 4: He kept going, He'll make the beat and the like it's not right, and then they race it and I'm looking at him like I just want a whole What do you mean? That's all that joint invisible, that's that's the second fen And he wouldn't remember back then there was no sinning and no records, so we have to go there physically, go there, and you had dn D.
Speaker 1: He want you to.
Speaker 4: Watch this analog to me because like a digital record is cool.
Speaker 1: But when we're in the same.
Speaker 4: Room together, you you we drinking handy you you know what I'm saying, like we were smoking and vibing. You know what I'm saying. You can smell my cologne, I can smell your you know what I mean. If we're getting that fucking studio together.
Speaker 3: Nowadays, they do they do their hook, they fly hook. Yeah, back in the day, we had to say every fucking hook. We had to say every hook.
Speaker 1: We had the two inch.
Speaker 2: Flat back didn't want you to punch in the waste of the tape to you start in the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was hard to punch him back then. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. If you had one producer, if you had to make one beat, one last song, who will produced that record?
Speaker 5: You're on your own right there. You can't say, though, because there's so many dope producers, especially from our era. Even the newcasts is dope too. It's just so many of them motherfuckers. But yeah, yeah, I can't say.
Speaker 1: I can't say I think that was smart. Yeah, right, I think that.
Speaker 5: How did I say premiere without saying they'll period, without saying yeah too many?
Speaker 3: Without saying just how many things I'm saying too many things, too many don't produce you know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 1: So you know going through ya the socrophy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I also noticed you guys got two records with jay Z more than that, about three or four, three or four and did y'all make was in the studio together?
Speaker 3: We did yeah four long four long Blade did yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yea yeah four a long which was produced by Lazy Las.
Speaker 3: He got his glass in air?
Speaker 4: Where's we got you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: About four, about three or four records with Jay four long Blade.
Speaker 3: Four loong Blade. You don't know, you don't know. Well we started, you don't know. I was there when he finished it. It was put in the air, put.
Speaker 5: It in the area in the air, rock Live familiar, Yeah yeah, maybe another one or too.
Speaker 3: You don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's in the in the soundtrack.
Speaker 5: Right, you don't know?
Speaker 3: That was on the album?
Speaker 1: Which one was on his on the that was on Blueprint too. But wasn't it the soundtrack to his joint.
Speaker 3: O sheets was watching that was all joint up?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, but that wasn't You don't.
Speaker 1: Know, no, no, I know, So I'm I'm bouncing around a little.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, do it let's go.
Speaker 4: It's how many fucking movies is that ship in?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank god, the.
Speaker 1: Whitest, the whitest movies and video. I be wondering, like, do they know what y'all saying?
Speaker 3: Probably not, probably not. You know, keep going, We're going. That record is a gift that keep on giving, bro, And just what I'm like, I'm record, I'm like, thank you.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it doesn't get on with the remix of it to his creator.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And what was that originally? That was on you for y'all album?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we was doing that album and stopped.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 5: Handle your Business to ep handle your business, okay, to create.
Speaker 3: A little more a little more excitement and ship.
Speaker 5: But we had some issues with the label at the time, like the motherfuckers wanted to like we ain't got no more money for We had a lot of issues with labeled, but that at that time they wanted to kind of like maybe get rid of us and ship like them pa worth having, Like fuck are you talking about? But so we stopped the album and did handle your Business.
Speaker 3: That's the joint.
Speaker 5: When we had the tank in the middle of the street and all of that ship put that out, you know.
Speaker 1: Was that still relativity?
Speaker 3: Was it was relativity any as was relative?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and we did We did that ourselves because they tried to drop the group very much.
Speaker 4: So who do you think is more? What is more famous? Any of the original or any of the remix?
Speaker 5: I think, well, this ship that's moving the most, right, that's.
Speaker 3: Already in the movies. The original in the movie is the the rig.
Speaker 7: But I think it's hard the same beats yea yeah yeah, but you hear it off rip. You don't need to hear the whole song just to get.
Speaker 5: Into so like we needed extra energy right like we actually need it, but we did go yeah, buster killed it. Remy came in and bullied her away on the record.
Speaker 4: How does she get on the record?
Speaker 5: Bull say the ship right here? The first time I have heard her saying she bullied away in the records. I had no idea she was going to be on the record. We can't. I came to the studio and I can hear the run that run that, which is from my original verse, but it's not my voice.
Speaker 3: As I'm walking into the studio, I can hear the ship.
Speaker 5: I'm going it don't sound like me when I walk in the studio, it's blaring. She's sitting on the up on the top of the couch and ship she's just sitting there bobbing to us.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 5: I could play it back. Ship fire though, I'm like fire. She bullied away on the record.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm I'm glad she bullied.
Speaker 4: Away on the rightfully the same thing to TV. But ship okay, And then tell the people. Tell the people what is Sarah toog?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: That's the block, the block.
Speaker 3: The street, the strip, the main strip. Yeah, run all the way from say Broadway from Broadway all the way down to yeah, both from through again both for the same block.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, we don't we don't remember where we met and how we met. That's how long we've been friends and ship right, So like there was times where I could if I'm in my house, like he's in my house, if I'm not there, you know what I mean, I could walk in. I could walk in and be fucking tired. And if he's sleeping like on that couch, that little green couch my mama had over there, which was my favorite spot, I couldn't wake him up. She gets your go your ass back there somewhere, you know what I mean. It's that kind of relationship kind of your mom took care of me, bro. Yeah I mean yeah, yeah, other ship, but she she was did for me, brother, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had a fight.
Speaker 6: No, no, not even a decent argument.
Speaker 1: Really is.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: That's on my nerves.
Speaker 5: It's him, right, So you weren't getting on my nerves my entire life. If you didn't get on my nerves, that ship would be out of the ordinary. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So do what you always know the nurse.
Speaker 3: It's the thing where you when you cherish your friendship, you know, you don't say a certain thing. You don't frust the lines, the line that you can't cross. That's right. When you got good friends, you know what I mean, You don't funk that up right, And that's what we do, man, we you know what I mean, Keep for it like that.
Speaker 4: I'll make some noise for that guy. You hear that home home snuffing in Japan. I had the body slamming. Only one physical fight.
Speaker 1: Bom somebody else from the crew. Yeah, that's the easier. Let's talk about field figures with Ray Kwan couji rat. How did that that was?
Speaker 5: That was me?
Speaker 3: You know, I do my beat ship too. So I was working with uh Bob Perry and E one Records and ship like that doing production and they was working on the wool chain project. So they brought me in the cold, you know, to listen over some of the ship and here and there I get a chance to do my little thing. So I did the joint and someone was missing on the record. So they're like, yo, get you know, see if y'all y' y'all niggas want to jump on it. So I started to joint. The billy came and lady Ship, i'mnna be honest. I don't remember.
Speaker 5: This is just what happened. Even if you remember me way back. Yes, I am the original drink chance. That's right, animal your animals, soho back then all that half of that ship I remember, drink Ship.
Speaker 1: Was in Germany.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you remember me, and you drink for like twelve hours. See, like we didn't move the ball like and unhealthy. I feel so bad because somebody went somewhere and they came back and then went again and came back and then went again. And we was in the same exactly me and you.
Speaker 6: I remember that just with it.
Speaker 5: But you know, I'm glad that that we're finally here because I wanted to say that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: So to the MOP soldiers.
Speaker 5: Out there that keep going your ymoping on Drink Championship got some bullshit, bullshit.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest.
Speaker 5: It was all me.
Speaker 1: Right, We've been trying.
Speaker 5: I've been dunking you niggas because.
Speaker 1: The last time we hung out you.
Speaker 5: Mentioned that's time like when we did stomped the ship out there. Dude, we had our own bar in the store here and you walked in with a bottle when we drank whole fucking time. It's not gonna kill me. I'm not going. And a getting to the MOP soldiers out there that keep on the internet with this year while we ain't there. We were invited to Drink champs on yeah, year one when it first started. So so you know, like I said, but let me.
Speaker 4: Tell you something pause, it was worth the rate. It's worth the time. You know our show, that's what we started about. It is giving people they flowers while they're alive, you know what I mean. And you guys are one of the best gooster all time. Man, like you, I'm not saying that because I'm your friends, you know, because I say that to the people that was worth it. It's like, because I'm your friend, doesn't dumb down my fanness. That's right, you know what I'm saying. So I just because, like I said, it felt like ninety two to me when I was listening to it. But what but I'm like that ship just reminded me of that era, like you had to be a rapper to come out back then, like you had to have you had to.
Speaker 1: Make And I was just listening to it.
Speaker 4: I was just so amazed, and I was like, yo, man, I'm so glad that y'all brothers came mancu man deserve your Okay, do do quick? Thomas Slant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know you know what I think it's a sleeper joint that that I always I love this record is the joint with Heather.
Speaker 5: Be Oh my yeah.
Speaker 3: We did two of them right yeah.
Speaker 7: And what blocks down I think is the other one right now? That's that and then the other one with you guys. I think that that joint is a class. How did y'all connect with her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Shot the video force, Yeah, shot the video. He's actually in the video too with the radio. Yeah, he's a deal with the radio, sitting in the corner on the train hundred years ago. Ye. Well, yeah, hell, it used to be at D and D. You know, D and D was with the Grounds, you know. She used to be at D and D hanging out with Pream. We got cool from there, and she was like, yeah, I need y'all on the record, no problem, you know what I'm saying. So, and she killed it. The second one she body Body though, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: She Yeah.
Speaker 5: First one was produced by the Beat minus uh mister Walker, No, no, no, Kenny Parker, and the second one was produced by the Beat miners did mister Walk?
Speaker 3: So he did the first one, yeah.
Speaker 7: Because it was dope because she was on the Reality on the.
Speaker 1: Real World and MTV.
Speaker 7: I didn't even know that, yeah for that record, and it came out around the same time.
Speaker 6: But once she on that Reality showed the into I think.
Speaker 7: I think I think she was around It was around the same time, right, but you know, people watching it probably didn't take her series of MC. But then those records came out and you guys, out of here.
Speaker 3: She was dope. She was fire yeah, I'm still trying to get her to get on the record.
Speaker 1: She's yeah, I'm sure she can still spit.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course as a record label, Ever came to you and say, look, guys, hardcore, we doe it.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for commercial.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, they tried. They even try to sit away with yet cruise man.
Speaker 3: About it.
Speaker 4: Regulate weether said, yo, let's make a commercial record. Let's go to Antigua and film the video.
Speaker 3: Not even a commercial record.
Speaker 5: They just try to get us to pull it down a little bit, you know what I mean. It's like, turn it down just a little bit. But what the fuck did we say? I'm saying, we gotta we gotta make records the way we.
Speaker 3: Know how to.
Speaker 6: You know, this is our reality, so we may records.
Speaker 3: I grew up in the house my mom, My mom cursed that ship out you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mother, you are my mother, my mother.
Speaker 3: So I get that ship from you know what I mean? I get that from her, bro you know what I mean? Energy?
Speaker 5: And then and then what else do you talk about if you don't know anything else?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: This is this is what we knew.
Speaker 3: Man with New Sundard, just get Bill good though, bro, just to be you instead of trying to do it. You can't. I can't do other ship. I can only do what I know they do when I'm so good at it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You're amazing, You're amazing.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's be up.
Speaker 5: This dude wrap his ass off man YouTube.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: It's funny though, because I never seen somebody so on beat right, and here's the curve.
Speaker 6: Nigga can't even.
Speaker 1: Dance right, dance?
Speaker 5: How is he always on beat?
Speaker 2: This ship?
Speaker 6: Crazy?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But that's that's what amazing is. You know what I'm saying. Just take a voice. This nigga voice, he leads the fucking soon as his voice. Come on, you know it's on a nigga, you know what I mean. This nigga voice is so fucking power. So many niggas try to limit him. So many niggas try to mimic you.
Speaker 5: Bro, ain't this ain't this you niggas?
Speaker 6: Ain't this with a camera?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the new record. A season with buster rhymes, that crazy shout, the bust of rhymes.
Speaker 5: He doing it, still doing this ship, but that's our record. Fucking maybe two or three years before it even came out. We flew out to La just to shoot the video. So that's why we're just in the original, right, we're just in the in the video and it's a sample of He used a sample, so he flew us out to La to be in the video. Then when the song came out, my opinion, I think the public forced that remix to happen, you know what I mean, because they kept saying because I think it was put out like a bust A Rounds featuring Mop and we weren't actually on the record sample, so the public was like, yo, where mopa. So you know, he called like, come on, let's do it. So I was happy as fun because that be by.
Speaker 10: The way, you got you got some got some listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: Every interview I do, I go on Twitter and I'll be like, Yo.
Speaker 1: We got this guest, the good this guest. They this was like the fastest ever.
Speaker 4: Like when I said they got questions for MP, these motherfuckers went in so fast. I was like, Oh, I'm looking like this shit is just going down my Twitter line. I'm like, Yo, your fan, you got real fast.
Speaker 1: Do y'all realize that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, after so many years in the business, and not not that we don't fuck with everybody, but just not being connected and being connected in so many ways to other people. But our fans kept us going. You know what I'm saying. We traveled the world like five times, bro Brownsville, Brooklyn, right demand for that ship, you know what I'm saying. So doing that that really that really came from the from the fans, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. The love that we get, it's genuine love too, you know.
Speaker 1: And the place to what you got to say, No, just.
Speaker 3: The work, just the footwork, traveling, you know what I mean, traveling the world Like you said that. You know, you build your people. You see the people that love you, that fuck with your music. That shit is energy that you I'm going back to school.
Speaker 1: I don't even speak the language, and they.
Speaker 3: Know that ship word for word.
Speaker 5: Just before the pandemic was we were torn. We We had started a tour and this dude came. He showed me a picture of himself and a twenty year old billy dance right Wow, smallest ship right drunkest fucked me and him in the picture. The dude had his wife, he had now had two kids. He brought them all to the show. So he's been following since then. You know what I'm saying. So that's the ship that keep us going right there, make noise for that.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite place to perform?
Speaker 3: Saud?
Speaker 1: The United States?
Speaker 5: You can't say, because that energy, that energy is everywhere.
Speaker 3: I can't pick one me myself. I can't pick one.
Speaker 1: You know, you can we narrow it down, You really.
Speaker 2: Can't, You really can't.
Speaker 4: I how about the difference. What's the weirdest place you perform?
Speaker 3: We did some ship that I could say we we did like a holy holy country. Uh Mamitania, Mariita, Maraitana.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 3: That was like holy, like yeah, Africa, it's Africa. Yeah, yes, Africa, Maritia, Yeah, Marthionia, Christy.
Speaker 5: Land of the of the the one ninety Mercy, every one. That was yeah right, there's all the cabs, everybody's driving them. Yeah, yeah it was. It was so strict.
Speaker 3: You can't drink, you're nothing, you can't do nothing, nothing, You.
Speaker 4: Can't im say, how do you can curse?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's an instrumental.
Speaker 1: Because wow, that's crazy. They let you curse. Couldn't drink, smoke?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't smoke and it's getting the fun about it that we're doing. But there was also.
Speaker 5: At one time we were performing and and you wouldn't know it when you're inside of it was like bomb shelters in Germany, like.
Speaker 1: Bombsholls, like World War two.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah like that. This this is my alcohol days. I was just sitting there sucking stone. But when you when you realize it, like you're in the you're really in a in a bombshell. So that was that was kind of strange to performing. And you know, some spots like that ship.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a quick time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got explaining them.
Speaker 2: Game all right, Well, we gotta sub you're subbing for so he's gonna be drinking for you.
Speaker 1: He's gonna drink for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you gotta designate to hit us.
Speaker 7: All right, We're gonna give you two choices. This is a game we play here. It's a drinking game. I give you two choices, and you pick one, and nobody drinks. But if you say both are neither. So basically, if you don't answer the question, we're drinking.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, I'm gonna have youtubes fucked up. Ask me all the.
Speaker 1: Questions we're drinking with you. We're drinking.
Speaker 5: God damn you, nigga, ain't.
Speaker 4: Yours be to bro.
Speaker 3: That ship?
Speaker 1: What you want to do watching? You don't go after.
Speaker 7: Show and before we start because people think it's a set up on this and somebody it's not this. No, no, we want people to be mentioned, like talk a bunch of it.
Speaker 4: Don't tell you you got kiss oh ship.
Speaker 5: Both so we drink.
Speaker 1: I gotta take.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: You can simp it like that like that if you want. This is what we get sucked up.
Speaker 3: Had nigga crying up here and ship, Hell no it happened.
Speaker 5: Don't catch me, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: O D b or BISMARKI wow, why are you doing that? Crazy? And I've seen this before. I've seen you do this.
Speaker 2: You'll got stories like like my story with you you.
Speaker 5: You made it a little lighter fannybody else that was here? Why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: They said, both, Yeah you got ready, Yeah, lades got me.
Speaker 5: All right, cool cool.
Speaker 1: This is so you could answer the question though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I got a good one.
Speaker 5: But it's impossible answers.
Speaker 3: Jay Z or Big Daddy Kane. I love them both, love them both. I grew up Big daddy came bro. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I will go. Kane is my error, you know what I mean. James my era too, but Kane is you know before that I can't Yeah, what say, can.
Speaker 1: Rock a Fella or G Unit?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say I'll say I'll say I'll say unit.
Speaker 5: Because because of their run, like right, like as and not just because we was out with him and we did business with him, but it was like almost everything was in line, you know what I mean, everything that I mean, starting with fifty right, like the first record with the most amazing, one of the most amazing hip hop records ever made, cannot front on get Richard die Trump album, I mean a fucking whole album. And then he brought everybody else into it like he was supposed to, you know what I'm saying. And they all did well, not saying everybody at Rockefeller didn't do well, but they all platinum, multi platinum, every everybody and the whole ship it was, it was, it was well put together, you know what I'm saying. But shout out to Rockefeller because you know, Dame is my guy. Fuck with j I love fucking Beanie and you know that whole statement. The crew, but I think I think G Unit kind of got him on that. And when the G Unit record was coming out, I guess I could tell this when the G Unit record was coming out and they said to himself, how he kind of everybody was kind of scrambling at Rockefeller like them niggas is coming.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm saying, do.
Speaker 5: Something, And I think there, I think there was a record.
Speaker 6: There was a Rockefeller record.
Speaker 5: That came out around the same time, so they was kind of competing for the space for that first week sales and I think, Je, you want to beat them out, so you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: Have you did you guys realize because you've been on several situations labels, have you realized it? We part, not that part, but the fact that you had all those opportunities where people kept wanting you, how revered you were by not just the culture, even the indy, of the folks that were in the industry side of.
Speaker 1: Bringing you into these places.
Speaker 6: That's weird, Like we thought, yeah, we no, we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I think it took me after I stopped, you know, hitting hit. He's so hard to actually realize drink to realize that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Most of the labels, with exception of the first Select Records, right, everybody else was a fan. It took everybody at fifty I'll tell you that. Jay, You'll tell you that Steve, Steve Rifkin. Jay and Dame used to come when we were working on the second album that we put on, Relativity. Jay and Dame used to come and try to get us to be a part of Rockefeller. This when when I like, I like to say it, when the rock was a pebble, right, there was nobody there. They had a they had a they had an office probably this size, right, there was a young lady at the front desk. It was just Jay and Dame, right, And they would always try to they would I never met bigs at the time, don't I Just remember Jay and Dame and they would show up to Gabriella Studio. We were working on twenty sixth Street. They would show up every other day. They'll come rock with us, come rock with us. We didn't you know what I mean, At the time, we went uh Relativity, Relativity, which we were supposed to go to Loud then, but we went to Relativity.
Speaker 1: And beating us is that Relativity at that time?
Speaker 3: Yeah as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay six three six three six yea was jo Yeah, Relativity had the popping.
Speaker 1: I think even if Joe, Joe was over there, Joe was over there.
Speaker 4: Tellus one MV came out over there. Yeah, remember Chilo. Yeah, they denied me Relativity.
Speaker 5: Then't want to they.
Speaker 4: They missed out right, they lost Bro Premier or Pete Rock, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Take a shot.
Speaker 5: Look I love both of them.
Speaker 3: Niggas mhm yeah, yeah, this is the heart. This is the hardest ship.
Speaker 1: Now this is gonna be.
Speaker 3: I grew up on both of them.
Speaker 1: You want to explain that.
Speaker 3: You want to explain I grew up on both of them, man, I let them niggas. Man, motherfucking Pete Rock. That fucking that boy was on fire, fire, fire, fire, like this nigga mixes that fucking shut him down.
Speaker 2: Hold it now, everything you everything was crazy, fucking brand Nubian, fucking Pete Rocks.
Speaker 1: He smooth boy, sal smooth.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's like someone who want to spread the rumor that see how smooth?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 4: Welcome on drink chance. That's not the truth.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true at all. He is definitely welcome see that nigga.
Speaker 3: Bro. Definitely Pete Rocks out to Pete Rock and see people out to DJ form my brother. That's my nigga for me. Is one of my favorites in the world. Bro, He's one of my favorites in the world.
Speaker 6: I love him, love him.
Speaker 5: I'll be a little not mad at him, but there's some things I wanted to get off my chest at times with Premier, Like there's certain beats that he that certain people have that I go, God, damn.
Speaker 3: Why you want everything you make?
Speaker 1: He doesn't make Doe.
Speaker 3: You don't what he does though?
Speaker 5: Is he he makes He's not like a lot of other producers. They just got a bunch of beat. When you come to the studio, he make the beat.
Speaker 4: It's almost like how we mean down with Slime, Like you know how like has and mister Lee listening to like the first five questions and then they come up with the questions. It's the same thing like Premire to me, like we would have conversations and he would make the beat based on our conversations, Like he'll be like yo and then just start.
Speaker 1: Making the beat and then that that beat and just talked to me again. I was like, this is a genius ship.
Speaker 4: I was just mad and he kept throwing throwing the beats away. That's how talenty it is. He just make another.
Speaker 2: One or yeah, all right, this is gonna be a tough one, Guru, big l hell.
Speaker 3: No, y'all, niggas gonna need new livers in.
Speaker 4: This okay, so what yah?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Fan?
Speaker 4: Enjoy the.
Speaker 5: By the way, you over my ass.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen rest the piece of them both though you can do light shots were gilt. Okay, good, excuse this light shot? This one, this one like this.
Speaker 4: One is gonna be real too, Big Pun or DMX resting Peace.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the show.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's cold. I love them both, bro, all right, so taking is my motherfucker bro. Punt is my brother brother brother Bro. So I sat in the studio with Pun like we was doing that the New York Giants, Giant Bro. We for like a week. We used to go up there. Never got nothing done, never got.
Speaker 5: No this nigga was ship around.
Speaker 3: It's just joke and joke.
Speaker 5: We were just leaning out basically, this nigga burning story, you know what I mean, got his family there.
Speaker 3: Ship this nigga just pun pun. It's one of the fortiest niggas. So you pick your mind.
Speaker 5: No, love this and this and this.
Speaker 1: Like it's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't both for lyrics. I ain't even that.
Speaker 1: Both both.
Speaker 3: Yeah that X drink Yeah x X have me.
Speaker 5: I remember first, like actually hanging out with when I first met him. We were doing but everybody, everybody know we did the Callo together and wow have that.
Speaker 1: You know I was drunk.
Speaker 5: But this is when he first when he first came out, when he was first coming out, right, this m p that we're not cocky, right, but you know, I work, We know, we.
Speaker 3: Get busy or whatever.
Speaker 5: We meet him, he's like, what's up, you know, good to meet you whatever, All right, cool, This nigga gets on the stage by himself and fucking destroyed the Apollo.
Speaker 6: I'm never I'm never really nervous.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah we made that's when the snow in the Apollo. But he get on his stage by himself and destroy the Apollo. Then the next I hadn't I saw him that time, and obviously we'll pass each other and kick it whatever whatever. Then some years later I saw him in Germany. No, we were we toured with him a couple a couple of Actually last time was just in Germany.
Speaker 3: He was there with us, but.
Speaker 5: He he not stole the car, but he had he had got the car, and he gone, come on, get a car.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not getting car.
Speaker 5: Now because the story just happened like three weeks ago. How you was in a fucking card so much. You was the FBI and all ship. I'm like, I'm not getting that culture. You're gonna get on the auto barn at two hundred miles and now when ship you drunk, I'm drunk, now, bro, this.
Speaker 3: Ship ain't gonna work.
Speaker 5: I had to decline, wasn't drunk. No, I wasn't that drunk. I wasn't that drunk.
Speaker 3: Say, Extra is a good dude, extra solid dude, Same same person every time, every time we see each other, the same same nigga.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So shout out to DMX man. It's an honest due to a niggas. Yeah, I'm a.
Speaker 5: To be honest like every record he made, I didn't like every record, right to be honest, So no, he was right, But I was more of a Simmons fan, right the person this nigga felt so familiar. I mean, funk, what kind of records you make? How big they y'all. But if it's like it's you like, I can, I can you know what I mean, zone in on you like. That's why I love that nigga. That's why I love him. D N D Acquad Studios, Fast Mob Deep or Swift Smith and Wesson Alan Why you drinking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. I love them both, bro.
Speaker 5: You know, Mab Deep is the like the first artist that we started dealing with in the industry, really, the first like just just ran into and we kind of got cool with the very first for me, the very first.
Speaker 3: I love Mab, I love Smith and Western Shout the Smoky.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah them them, dude them do it a dope.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, just so you know, Prodigy was supposed to be on any remix, oh yeah, but obviously Prodigy recipes of Prodigy, but obviously Prodigy being Prodigy, he started taking shots at he was taking shots at day. That's when they was going through They That's why.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear about this record.
Speaker 5: Use it right, yeah yeah, yeah, Now we didn't use it because I mean, you know, if y'all got y'all little whatever issue. Yeah, don't put me involved. And that's what anything right, some music ships, some streets any thing, like it's you know what I mean, I had to learn the house. Don't come shoot at a nigga out my windows.
Speaker 4: Yeah shoot, it's y'all be for you shooting at him out Michael.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on and that and and I'm good. I'm good with him too.
Speaker 4: And those are the days where you had to go to mix, so you knew you had enough time to think about this when you're mixing this record, like he's kind.
Speaker 3: Of going like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: He was at him, He was at him.
Speaker 1: Toufuc are easy?
Speaker 3: Wow, you have to fee shoot Fox. I love easy, motherfucker. Rest and peace to both of them. Yeah, but easy, motherfucker. Yeah, I'm going.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean easy because of what he did right for man, what do you want?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: West Coast hip hop?
Speaker 1: But I mean his tree is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 7: You can't go from his tree to yeah easy if you think about it, because Bro.
Speaker 1: That tree goes there.
Speaker 5: Yeah and pop just the passion pockets, just pockets of Ashley.
Speaker 3: I can't even compare them. But if I had to choose one. I'm gonna pick easy.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I would say easy. It's just that's the way I always think about it.
Speaker 3: And drinking more, I say, I drink water.
Speaker 5: So you're saying both, Yeah, I say both. I was just trying to give him that's for next. Nigga wouldn't let me get an explanation of that. I could have said both, Okay, I got the next.
Speaker 1: We gotta drink.
Speaker 4: He said, okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: E P m D or m O P.
Speaker 3: Yeah, m O P.
Speaker 5: But that's that shout out to all of these questions is hard man like, I mean, the kind of birthed m O P. Right like we got it from them, you know what I mean. But I gotta go with the whole team, right. I love E P m D, but gotta go with the home.
Speaker 1: Which I do versus against E M D.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do versus you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't do versus. I wouldn't do it. I speaking about EPMD. Why would you do versus this Nigga's interviewing me.
Speaker 3: But no, no, the reason, the reason, the reason why I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't like and shout out to Swiss and Tim. I just I feel like somebody got to come out on the on the on the bottom, right, somebody, somebody someone loses and they and they potentially lose what they built for so many years, but not.
Speaker 4: Read and Meth kind of celebrated each other. They have read in Meth.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But who do you think lost in that way that you're thinking, because I think everybody's kind of won.
Speaker 1: They reminded the fans of I don't. I don't like so I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not a good gambler, right, I'm not really willing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not willing to put up something that I built for thirty years just for that hour, right, And people go, yo, always put a love of hip hop. But no, bro, I'm not losing what the fuck I got fucking kids and grandkids.
Speaker 3: And eat later on down the pipe. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna fuck up what I got just for that, for that moment moment, because you.
Speaker 1: Know, I totally understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: And I think that the only people who kind of made it like that is the New Yorkers. Like everybody else was kind of celebrating each other. I believe in particular it was Dipset and that.
Speaker 1: Was very in particular that that situation. Yes, I mean, and they turned it into that was a good versus. It was a great verse. They still both woman in a way.
Speaker 4: To me, I say that, Well, Dipset went on tour after that, yep.
Speaker 1: And I won't see anybody dragging Dipsett's name.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: How about Gucie Man and jeez whoa.
Speaker 6: I think that one was almost a little dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't feel safe watching it.
Speaker 3: I think that one was.
Speaker 4: And uh, but that was from the beginning.
Speaker 1: And I remember, I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 4: I remember them having beef on tour, and I was from the beginning. I was like, this is not gonna work right right right, So, but you wouldn't do it now.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't. I wouldn't be comfortable with doing it for that reason. I walked up from that we ain't doing the verses just I said, I'm not doing it. We ain't doing.
Speaker 5: We ain't doing the verses. I just I just don't like the feel of it, you know what I'm saying. I think that everybody could haul into the side and said that.
Speaker 3: Drink champion.
Speaker 1: DMX still in the car and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Doing Oh my god, straight, this is the uh Ellmatic or ready to die?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we'll go back to I didn't drink.
Speaker 4: Bro okay, Nomatic, just drink all let's go.
Speaker 1: No, I just did. Okay, that's what we do.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't worry about we set up breaking champs. Ellmatic are ready to die.
Speaker 7: He said both baby without saying it, but he said it.
Speaker 4: I've been taking my shots like genuine. Now that's how genuine. Remember he was like he was taking this shot. I didn't taking a sip of Coca cola on the side. Dall period or lazy lads. Oh man, don't look to the side. Laser is dope, Laziers dope. And we're talking about production. Yeah, I'm about to say the same thing. Lazier is dope.
Speaker 5: But just dr does dr is the perfect well rounded right like he can do. We're back in the studio with d All right now we're working on m O. PR just started.
Speaker 1: Independent wing into that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nigga talking about we just got the studio, niggah.
Speaker 4: My man always big up the all period.
Speaker 1: I was in jail.
Speaker 4: He jabrew the damage you or Master Ace.
Speaker 5: Wow, you wouldn't ask these kind of questions if the camera.
Speaker 3: Was off for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah you wouldn't, you know, you wouldn't. J's dope. That's my bro, that's my guy. But I mean since the kid I was a age fans, The man said, yeah, yeah, since you know Master age from Brownfield. I didn't know he's from Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, browns fill the j rug shot the math yea in Germany.
Speaker 4: I believe you picking Master Yeah, you picking Master browns Field. That can't go Okay, I respect it. Who'd you rapple rock him?
Speaker 1: That was high school?
Speaker 3: That was junior high school?
Speaker 5: High school argument?
Speaker 1: I don't know who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: There's no there's no you gotta junior high school, bro, junior high school. We used to fucking go back or if this day is sucking g this is rah. Yeah yeah, bro. We never got the answer to that one.
Speaker 5: Bro taking a shot Yeah, yeah, And I want I want to say, don't y'all go and take y'all shot?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: I want to say rock him to me, rock him is the best rapper ever, I don't think we'll never find anohing right.
Speaker 3: That's I'm not. I'm not without the comparison.
Speaker 5: MG rap right, Rock Him is the greatest rapper ever, that's my opinion. And if anybody else have a have another patience, he don't, don't.
Speaker 1: It feels like he's person.
Speaker 5: It sounds like he's right.
Speaker 3: Sound. Yeah, I'm both for different reasons. Bro. Yeah, yeah, me too, for different reasons. And they're both my favorites, both of there equally, and they super legend Cube or scar Face. That's the same ship. Bro.
Speaker 1: That's your man who writes.
Speaker 5: I love botham Bro both mother fucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going for both. I love them both, Bro, I love them both.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: I mean I mean, face Face is my number two right for me, it's Rock Him than the Scarface Face.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that motherfucking Scarface album, motherfucking the Diary, Bro, That shit got me through so much ship. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: We used to.
Speaker 3: Steal tapes from each other. You have a nigga call you forget to tape and ship.
Speaker 5: You know you tape pop your tape twisted at a certain.
Speaker 3: Part you hear next time, Nigga, that's my fucking tape. You stole that Scarface album CDs from each other so many times that she can passed around the circle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So that's that's that's Scarface.
Speaker 3: That fucking the Diary, untouchable. Scarface is just a bad motherfucker. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the and the eyes.
Speaker 1: You said was you.
Speaker 3: Was dope a bad motherfucker, yo, Ice that So I just drank to a nigga.
Speaker 5: I drank to every everything it did from from early on. Ice Cube is crazy. But then scar Face, like you can't there's no way to.
Speaker 4: Come his argument. It was an argument, brother, No, it was it was. It was scar Face and who else? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: When Yale asked me who my favorite artist was, I've always been a Cube fans attended, So I said Cube.
Speaker 1: He said Biggie. I said cool, and he didn't like I would, and he started arguing I would.
Speaker 3: I would have won with Cube over big.
Speaker 7: Became a career to me, it became a career thing. Unfortunately Biggie didn't didn't have the career. Unfortunately, right of course, Biggie, come on, it's undeniable with Bigger, but Cube had the career. N W lineage like you can't argue that man, No, no, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: This is like a real hip.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to keep saying both both both both what it's the truth? Brow you can't you can't. I can't pick ice.
Speaker 3: Cube over over scarf face scarf face over ice Q.
Speaker 5: You're ready.
Speaker 3: You just can't. That's real.
Speaker 4: Can you pick Kicking pre over funk faster?
Speaker 1: Flex?
Speaker 3: I want a.
Speaker 5: Kid, I'll kids a bad mother another superle Not to take anything from Flex.
Speaker 1: Just my opinion.
Speaker 4: Is I think Flex is the best radio DJ that ever happened, and I think Kicking pri is one of the best club DJ party that happened. Like there's no part of a Caprix party. But when Flex got a good record, he makes.
Speaker 3: Me like it right, yeah, your head.
Speaker 7: The way he bombs and bringing it back.
Speaker 1: I'm about to hear. So one time I missed my flight because you know the meat, the meat mal dre. But one time you did pull off. Yea, I swig off, I pulled off. I'll be hype.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 4: Then he said, yo, go in there and go to the store and grab some cash.
Speaker 1: I said, hold up, that's where we stopped. You're telling niggas to go on into New York City. Yeah, okay, and put your hands in the cash.
Speaker 4: I said youre gonna get somebody killed, you know what I mean? But yeah, I love I love that ship. All right, let's move on, okay, boom yeah black Moon or Onyx.
Speaker 6: Hmm, I'll say black Moon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Brooklyn Niggas is loyal.
Speaker 3: The style of music for me, right, like I like their style of music.
Speaker 1: I love honest, but Brooklyn is loyal.
Speaker 7: We've had Brooklyn, we say, they say, they just say Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: They won't even answer the quest. Brooklyn. We know what you're saying, so expect the Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, yea.
Speaker 1: Fab and push your tea.
Speaker 5: Wow, fab, I say, I say, they both nice, the motherfucker they both don't, I say, pushing.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's kind of like both No, no, no, no, We're like, you're relax, mister, you're not even drinking, all right, m light of Queen Latifa.
Speaker 3: Wow, get your cups, don't get your cups ready.
Speaker 11: Siggas, bro you can't show.
Speaker 1: Neither neither one of them.
Speaker 2: So it is damn like both both both got we need both don't drink chances please, Yeah awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're talking about Queen like Tea for though, bro, we're talking about MC like, MC like got the most.
Speaker 3: I still, I still, I still, I M like record nigga when I was, when I was a kid nigga, which which one percent? Dish?
Speaker 4: I still you and I t.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's what I saying.
Speaker 1: Both hot, damn hot damn who.
Speaker 3: I don't know the beat? Oh you have it now.
Speaker 7: I want to show your girl like she was, Man gets better.
Speaker 5: Female with that like her voice, her voice, like her voice so fucking crazy.
Speaker 6: I don't think i've heard of female.
Speaker 2: And she when she said she was the saying right now she and she's doing all the voiceovers.
Speaker 5: Every paper, third that paper, then paper.
Speaker 3: Then with you know, God, come on, nigga, I want to see NERD when to come to this.
Speaker 1: His hands down one of the best records ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I want them to do versus. We're gonna bring you in a little while, Lace, were gonna bring you in a little while.
Speaker 1: Let us see you for a little while.
Speaker 5: You like the hell right.
Speaker 2: Now, we gotta make you from over there bringing it in a little while.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I promise, uh pop smoke or Nipsey.
Speaker 3: Hustle mm hmm. I know. I know a little more about nipsy like music wise. So I gotta.
Speaker 5: Say shot and we try to take a shower, take a shot, I take a shot.
Speaker 3: I take a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you look peace both see or Chuck Rock, I love you?
Speaker 3: Oh see Chuck Rock.
Speaker 4: Ninety n you Bro with the glean you win the pocket pull of Green?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We yes, oh ce oh see oh see. If my memory is correct, o see is the first person we chub Rock?
Speaker 6: Never but is the first person we asked.
Speaker 3: To be on that.
Speaker 4: You can't even match that though you can't match.
Speaker 3: That's two different errors though really I'm not telling you what to do.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But that's two different errors. So slew o C I love you brother?
Speaker 1: Did you so chub Rock?
Speaker 3: Was that the record?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What was? What was the name of the record? We did?
Speaker 1: We o s I forgot it was one of the first.
Speaker 3: On the first Fantaslave.
Speaker 5: But that's the first if if I remember correctly, is the first artist that we asked to get on the record.
Speaker 4: OPI records still Oh is fire Bro? Yeah man or red Man?
Speaker 5: I swear to god, I thought in my head yesterday I'm standing in front of my fucking house. I said, watch these niggas ask that question, sweaty, I said, watch.
Speaker 1: They asked that obvious. You have to take a drink.
Speaker 9: K Man.
Speaker 1: Both is loocively because he's not dreaming for we Rizzo or d J.
Speaker 5: Muggs.
Speaker 3: I say, I says, said, have.
Speaker 1: Y'all worked with Mugs? No, don't like you crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The Muggs record that.
Speaker 5: I don't like.
Speaker 4: Very dope your TV raps or video music box, video box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew I was gonna say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right, Sean Price a prodigy.
Speaker 1: You skip book.
Speaker 5: I just took a shot that question.
Speaker 4: Both Yeah, Dave Peace, rest in peace, a Peace, Sharan Price Recidpeace Prodigy. The Tunnel or Latin Quarters Tunnel land Quarters was a ship, but we weren't there.
Speaker 3: We weren't quarter the tunnel, lady said, l Q land Quarters.
Speaker 4: So you got to nigga, I.
Speaker 3: Ain't never been there, nigga the tunnel.
Speaker 1: All right? Buster eminem, Oh hell no, what.
Speaker 3: The funk y'all doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: This is your man? Yeah, but when we give your flower, when we.
Speaker 5: I mean that, we talk about careers right like both bro, Bro, Bro Brush I think song choices right, like the songs that busted me. Eminem made some big powerful but I don't know if his his catalog is rounded as well rounded as buster ship.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. But we say both drinking.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm like the ball tender and I sit back the board and watching niggas walk out of here.
Speaker 4: Sideway psychoanalyzer, young m a or scarlet.
Speaker 3: Younger man.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, younger man, lost boys dy by nature.
Speaker 5: You you you.
Speaker 3: You come with the right, You go with the right. Fucking two that it's hard to that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well I'm going with NODI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go with but Cheecks is my bro. But that's my dude. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Now that you don't drink, said again, still hang with checks now that you don't drink.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think nobody really want to stick with me.
Speaker 9: No more.
Speaker 1: He don't want to stick with me.
Speaker 4: Kink's boys. He's a long drinker, like like he starts out long and then he starts.
Speaker 3: Speaking queens and these yo, brot me. I know hemes really well. I had Cheeks meet me in a.
Speaker 5: Spot in his neighborhood that he didn't know about just my drinking days, little hole and rocking withy Boulevard. Wow, dude, we drank so motherfucking much. I don't remember the spot closing. I just remember being somewhere else, right, I know we got in the car. I'm not sure who was driving which way we went. We went somewhere else, started drinking more, even out here years and you know years ago.
Speaker 4: Ship yeah, because he's yeah, yeah, out here, me and him.
Speaker 5: I mean, dude, we walk up and down the strip one time. It's like like fucking animals. So but no, he he don't really stick with me no more because I don't drink.
Speaker 3: But that's that's my that's my love him.
Speaker 5: I love I love it.
Speaker 1: He's speaking queens and the queen. I was like, wait a minute, I don't even know that word.
Speaker 7: Shout out shout as well.
Speaker 1: This is one of my favorite questions.
Speaker 4: Wu Tang clan or n w A.
Speaker 5: I almost I'm a damn bro. I'm I'm gonna say wool tank. I'm gonna say wool Tang. I got different things in my head and why I'm choosing or I'm.
Speaker 1: Choosing tell us.
Speaker 5: I mean, I musa say wang because came out, they're still would you like to, I say, because they still a unit right after all of this time and all of this six Unfortunately with n w A, we sort of broke up the breakup, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's why? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So WHU time.
Speaker 1: That's a good analog or digital?
Speaker 3: Analog?
Speaker 4: AG Let's make me sonoy because I'm an analog.
Speaker 2: For different reasons, though for different reasons.
Speaker 4: Analog because, like he said, like we made the record together.
Speaker 1: Look how good that recond? That record sound like we made.
Speaker 4: It yesterday when I was just listening to it, because I haven't heard it in these many years. Even when I was listening to y'all for a whole week, knowing that I had y'all coming up, I didn't listen to that record. I just listened to that record just now. And when I heard it just now, I couldn't tell if we made it yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's because we was in the studio together.
Speaker 7: Gus to him, when analog is about the being personally together where they talk to the people with the equipment, they're like the analog equipment.
Speaker 1: I want an analog record, digital mixed, but analog.
Speaker 4: You don't want to wait for the listen. Let me tell you something that was the good thing. I was coming from being five per center. So I would never go to the studio without knowing my rhymes. Right here, I had never during the analog days, I never wrote in the studio. I always had that ship in my motherfucking brain, so I didn't play no times. I would go in there and record, record, record, record, record, record and record.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, some people use the digital ship. Well it's just they don't do no work. They don't put no they don't put no time into the ship, right, so.
Speaker 1: They it's despicable. They can just keep doing it.
Speaker 5: What I think, the digital is good.
Speaker 3: I love the analogue. The digital is good for artists like you, artists like us.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You could just punch in. You ain't gotta rewind.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You tape pop off and all that shape. Yeah yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know that pain.
Speaker 3: I think the digital coming would have came in handy for those time.
Speaker 5: But besides the analogue.
Speaker 4: I always give that the tras man. I know, I probably never said that trage would make sure, like yo, you're gonna do three records? Make sure you got all your rhymes, and I would four weeks straight before I went to the studio.
Speaker 1: I had the rhymes in there. So when I that's why.
Speaker 4: If you look at listen to the word report, I'm always the first one on the motherfucking record is because.
Speaker 5: I had my.
Speaker 1: Going that album.
Speaker 3: Yes one of my.
Speaker 5: Listen to the album nig Yes good Looking, I Got you, I Got you.
Speaker 4: All Eyes on Me or Life after Death. That's two parking biggies out. Wow, I'm actually gonna go to Life after Death. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that one.
Speaker 3: Man, I got it. I go with a lives on me. Wow, we're not drinking. Yeah, I'm trying to say you niggas you know.
Speaker 5: But the truth thing is like to two different kind of artists to me, right and for me, I like the passion that to podcast, I could respect that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's why I.
Speaker 1: Never got to meet Tupac.
Speaker 3: I was drunk, bro, so I really remember. But for what you got a picture on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: I know I did, but but I met him with Big. I met him with Biggie, but I can't remember with Big. Yeah you got to remember this. Bro just says that I met him. He said, so nonchalot. Yeah, I mean everybody know that what they were good, they were they were friends at one time, so that's at all. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that that's how I met him. But being, you know, drunk is fuck. But I always always get you know, slack for people asked me about in comparison to to Biggie Pot. I love being. I love him as an artist. I think the lyrically this thinking was nuts. But what I more towards Park's passion, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's two different artists, human artists. What I told you, I'm going with big like.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. He said that radio or podcast podcast?
Speaker 1: How you gonna ask the.
Speaker 5: Nigga that never got no radio playing radio? Right?
Speaker 4: Has mister Lee making these questions?
Speaker 1: Talk?
Speaker 3: After this?
Speaker 1: You line up had New Jack City, King of New York movies, Jack City.
Speaker 3: King of New York. M hm, I go King of New York. Okay, New Jack City.
Speaker 1: Purpose now we're.
Speaker 3: Trying to save.
Speaker 1: I got two shots. I'm just take him anyway.
Speaker 4: At some point, Tony Yea or Lloyd Banks going queens against queens.
Speaker 3: Oh no, bro, I got a drink. Drink bro, my own boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the only one to me, that's that question. It's not a trick question, but kind of a trick question. The only one that I always feel like you should say both.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't say that and then that that's some crazy ship.
Speaker 1: Loyalty or respect, I mean really loyalty lawyerty is everything.
Speaker 5: But the lawyers with loyalty gonna come to respect anyway. Right, If you're loyal to somebody, you're loyal to the feelings, You're loyal to who they are. You know what I'm saying, You loyal to that person. So you would respect somebody that you're loyal to. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: I mean it's really an individuals respect.
Speaker 3: In case you ain't no this, Nigga the Harbord student.
Speaker 7: I would say, the easy way out is to say both, give me both of that ship.
Speaker 3: That is all right?
Speaker 5: What if somebody respects you, That don't mean they're going to be loyal to your right because if it respects you, that could mean he even fails you in your face. But nigga may do some underhanded ship that you can't see. But if a nigga's loyal to you. It's not doing anything underhanded, am I right? Right?
Speaker 7: But if you get the option as we're giving loyalty or respect, and you could have both, I'm taking both.
Speaker 1: Give me both, but you got both for one.
Speaker 3: If you pick the right.
Speaker 1: One, you're taking a shot for that. I picked one, got it.
Speaker 5: But you know.
Speaker 1: What's so great?
Speaker 3: That's what?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Cool, we getting back to the interview. Boom oh okay, I will be your head boy. You know what.
Speaker 1: The what did you get that call? And he said, I need you on with your head?
Speaker 5: But when I don't remember Famous, I don't remember what I'm saying. I don't remember getting a call. I remember Famous.
Speaker 3: Actually staying at fifty Crab in Connecticut, Connecticut.
Speaker 5: He had the studio over there.
Speaker 4: We score up there just chill, you know, like like the stunt you just did. That was staying at the Big Boy career.
Speaker 3: I try to flex. I reported that record. I started to recording that record in fifty crib So that was your record. No, that's fifty Records. It's the reading. They pulled up the fucking beat and you know what I mean, I just I just went in on it.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. First, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Then we built you said you said first to say you not?
Speaker 3: You know, to me, I'm gonna stamp your ass out with the Gore text feet from Broccoli. Yeah history, because back then we were just we were just signed to you. Then right when you walked through flat Bolls, we had to wear the ship that you know them nigga was going through ship out there, you know what I mean. So you you gotta think like yo, g in it?
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, what up? You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Then I had a situation where niggas kept playing with me with that gun ship, you know what i You know what I mean. Yeah, the nigga play fighting and ship and nigga he ran and left his homeboy, took off. How you don't leave your homeboy took off on boom stopped playing me because.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's why I put that in that in that record. So I'm like, first we had to wear that ship.
Speaker 1: Too, you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Thank you for saying that because a lot of people say thing was going at games right because you said the first nigga that says.
Speaker 3: You you not to me?
Speaker 5: He was talking about every other nigga that said you not to him and had nothing to do with game Bro just be him, jid.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it, just being affiliated with gu and it them nigga was going through ship Bro, you walk through the ship nigga, you know what I mean? Like, what the fucker?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I gotta wear it. I gotta wear it. So now yeah, I guess, so yeah, let's go, mother fucker, you know what I mean. So that's how I came.
Speaker 1: About what record you said? He said murderer one of y'all said it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I got it written down somewhere home.
Speaker 7: Did y'all have a relationship with fifty before that, before y'all had to deal?
Speaker 6: No, not, no, no.
Speaker 7: So was it a surprise to you when that came to you guys? Yeah, Yeah, it was a surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. It was a surprise.
Speaker 5: It's I mean at the time and again, and that's another situation where we did business with this person because there was a fan of m op Fi right crazy. I used to be in all through South to make a lot. But I don't know him from the street man, so I only know him from from in the business.
Speaker 1: But he signed y'all because he really was a.
Speaker 3: Fan of Mobile and son his son.
Speaker 5: When he tells the story he tells, he tells how his son was was really.
Speaker 3: Like stuck on Andy up and he was an actual fan.
Speaker 5: And my family member us all from from South Jamaica. When I go, if I'm going through God Briel or some more up and down something whatever, always running to summer, Yo, you need to do something with Fifty just before ship got hot, before it before the for the mixtape and all that ship. But I never I had never met him out there, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 5: So so now just you know, once we got once he got into the business, then we started.
Speaker 3: Mingling or whatever.
Speaker 4: And earlier I had actually a Rockefeller or g unit. And I find that interesting because a lot of people say that Fifty is like a good business man, like.
Speaker 1: Like he like calls you in all types of nights.
Speaker 4: I remember reading the interview somewhere and I think that he said that y'all call, he called you out to the hotel room and was acting like, what's y'all single or something like that? Is that true?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: You know my answer, I was drunk. I was drunk. I was drunk back then too. I was drunk as fuck back then, but that was I was.
Speaker 3: I was twisted back then.
Speaker 5: But uh all the first the first thing I remember is going to a video shoot. I remember what song it was, but yeah, mom, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know it was one before that, before before they song, before they put that song together. But we went to a video shoot, and that's where I met him. Man, I think y'all had already met you and the ladies had already up with him or something like that.
Speaker 3: We went to video shoot fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, went to the video shoot link with fifty, and he's telling us his plans and all of this. And first thing I said to him listening to him talk, he's a great guy, by the way. I once I listened to him talk, I'm like, what motherfucker is saying about him? It's not that he's not that, you know what, because everybody try to make him look a certain way. But he's talking and talking. I'm listening, I'm listening, I'm paying attention. But so I asked him, what was his problem with the fact Joe and jadakiss right, Because he's.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine and this is the time that they beef it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're beefing because and they wasn't beefing. It was just whatever on the records and ship and he and he gave me. He gave me a.
Speaker 3: Clear answer, straight answer.
Speaker 5: When I asked him the first time, he kind of overlooked it, went back to talking. Then I asked him the game. He goes, you see what I'm saying. I go, yeah, but what is your problem with Fat Joe and Jada kiss Nigga said, I do what I gotta do to sell records and then turn around and walk away and finish doing whatever fuck he was doing over there. So I said, I respect him for that, you know what I mean. So they didn't have no beef basically is what he said, you know what I mean. I just wanted to get it clear because sometimes in the business, you know, niggas start going yo. You running with them, those your peoples, whatever issues y'are they dealing with, you gotta deal with too.
Speaker 3: You know how that shit go with g and it.
Speaker 5: They didn't sign them op to be hired guns, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Or whatever problems they had, they already was dealing with it. They didn't really need us for that, you know, under saying, so you we just came through the you know, we were doing business. We came through you know, did whatever we were supposed to.
Speaker 3: Do over the artist one. Yeah, we were.
Speaker 6: We were this business.
Speaker 3: You know, we always going to be MPs regardless to where we act.
Speaker 1: But jay Z said different. Jay Z said, now it's more now the mops higher. Yeah, but.
Speaker 5: He said, but JA said, and that's the whole that's a whole other thing too, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, we would.
Speaker 1: We say how more now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was saying, I got the niggas with me, y'all back up.
Speaker 5: But that's a song that's lyrics, right, and that kind of issue that and we don't know Jay for being in that kind of it anyway, like like that, you know what I'm saying, You don't bring that to his music anyway, to his career. But even then, like we're dealing with with Rockefeller, that whole break up with them should hurt us, bro.
Speaker 4: With did you know that was coming?
Speaker 3: No, neither.
Speaker 5: And the reason why I heard the because, like I said, when the rock was a pebble, we watched them build this entire ship. You were there too, niggas, you know, you. We watched them build this entire ship so to get to toward the ending, towards the end of Rockefeller. I couldn't believe it because we grew up with this loyal thing. Not saying that they You know what I'm saying, We don't know what was going on with them and what and and the way I feel about it has nothing to do with them.
Speaker 3: Or not saying anything about them. It's saying about us.
Speaker 5: But so Jay offered us a deal, right, No, first they Dame offered the deal. Mmm, right now, we don't we don't want to do that. A week later we go up to death Jam. Jay offered the.
Speaker 4: Deal and Jay is on he's the president.
Speaker 3: The president of Death Jam.
Speaker 5: So so I go, I go.
Speaker 3: Right, so to read.
Speaker 5: And the reason why is because we watched them build something together. Right, they made millions together. Right, they came from the bottom together. Y'all break up. Now in my head, I'm going, if you could do that to your man, what could you do to me? You know what I'm saying, Like to me, niggas ain't ain't disposable like this nigga, he ain't disposable, you know what I'm saying, Like a nigga that I come up with my entire life or turned ship into sugar. They ain't disposable. I'm not saying anything about them. I'm saying that turn into sugar. Yeah, I like that, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I felt I felt like I wouldn't have been comfortable doing like this.
Speaker 3: Put me in coach, That's what I was waiting for, nigga.
Speaker 6: Let's go to that was that's scary to me. That that's scary.
Speaker 5: Right, If you can't if you can't trust somebody that that that helped you do something so so grand, so big, right, you know what I'm saying, that's scary.
Speaker 3: So I don't. I didn't want to deal with that kind of situation.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I don't know, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know what their situation was either, you know what I'm saying. But that's that's there there there, You know what I mean, y'all, Just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't he just skipped the line.
Speaker 1: You didn't want us involved. I didn't make no rooms.
Speaker 3: Room.
Speaker 4: I'm so on this. I got you, yo, but you but you but do you understand how important you guys are the hip hop.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean, we know, bro, I mean y'all know.
Speaker 4: Like the other day I interviewed Leo cohms right, and I was telling him the amazing things that he did in my life.
Speaker 1: The Leon life is so dope. He didn't even remember it. So he regretted you like me want you regretted it.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 7: He said that he regrets not filming ship, not taking pictures of ship, not living in that moment because you think you're just thinking about the next moment. And it's true, man, because it should be so fast paced and you hustling, you forget to live in that moment right there, and then then those moments are legendary, but you don't remember it.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not gonna lie, Like my Uncle Wires came with me my whole beginning.
Speaker 1: Of Uncle the legend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he did.
Speaker 1: He did the War Report n R.
Speaker 4: E album, But at that time we thought it was corny to take pictures. So this is the compenident around the world with me. He got nothing to prove. You don't guys complaining ticket stops.
Speaker 7: The way it was back then, you didn't take pictures, you didn't take put up picture. I met you guys at the first how can I be down?
Speaker 1: We got to drop? How could I be? I gotta drive and there's a drop. My boy's getting to drop from fame. And back then we didn't say.
Speaker 7: Can we take a picture, So the only picture we got is him getting the drop from fame because we would ask corner.
Speaker 2: You don't ask for a picture. Yeah, you don't post for a picture, but we should. Yeah, y'all got man, how could I be down?
Speaker 5: Angle you?
Speaker 3: I've been on that ship for when I was coming up to broke.
Speaker 1: What not taking pictures? It wasn't It wasn't the thing filming picture.
Speaker 5: Ask nobody for ship.
Speaker 2: Like man, I just in retrospect. We could have been documentary history. We could have documentary pictures in video and all kinds like that.
Speaker 4: That first World Tour went on. We got one picture ship.
Speaker 1: We got Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: Like this, like like I think it's one in Denmark, Copenhagen, and like two in Germany. We were in a world tour. We didn't document ship.
Speaker 3: Wow, we didn't know, like you said, we were just in that in the moments.
Speaker 4: Right back to my original question, do you know how you guys are to hip hop?
Speaker 1: Like there's not a party.
Speaker 4: If I'm in, If I'm not a party and they don't play at least three to five mop songs, I don't. I don't like this party. That's very fun out of here. Yeah that's no.
Speaker 5: I don't like we're we're real, like, we're humble, right, we're humble dudes, man, So we don't look at it like you know, other people see it.
Speaker 3: It's just look look like your kids.
Speaker 5: At home, right, you're just dad, right, But you're not noring my kids, don't. You know what I'm saying. You're not normal, You're just that. So we just we humble dudes, so we don't see it like that. We appreciate it, but we don't you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 6: We don't look at it like that.
Speaker 4: Well, the fact that you humble, I'm gonna stunt for you. You guys are one of the best two man groups all time.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I swear to God, I'm not lying because, like I said, yeah, my friends, but I tried to look for.
Speaker 1: A whack record, like try to like I really wanted to be like, let me catch them slipping once I couldn't find one. Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't find a let me be honest with you, I couldn't even find.
Speaker 1: A half assed record. Like every record to me, the energy is unmatched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like even like the one thing with MP is that even up to beat is up to part. You guys are right, that's the ill ship and individually, you guys are monsters individually and then coming together out of control.
Speaker 4: Make some noise for that. And I do think y'all reheard. I think, yeah, fright, we've never reheard. We're looking at this camera, y'all ain't this.
Speaker 3: That's what's up. I shout you for bigging us up. Bro. Man, I'm trying to being on motherfucking joints, but they'd be like such and such such a such a stupid more.
Speaker 4: Yes, nah man, y'all been deserve your flowers, man. And and like I said, man, it takes nothing away from me to big up another another.
Speaker 3: People serve you you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: To make me less of a man in no way shape form of fashion. So let me ask you for alarm blaze?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Is that the eye of the tiger sample?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how to your clear, Rocky?
Speaker 3: I don't know la lais with the beat together.
Speaker 1: He was trying to get the dirt man from m O P. Come on, come on, here is the dots and the m O P.
Speaker 4: Over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm telling you right now, drink sham.
Speaker 4: We're drinking you with you.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Look, Billy is like, man, thisdrunk niggas next.
Speaker 5: When I made that beats, my man, you're gonna put your.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 12: What's my man name from the little the little white boy they hanging with.
Speaker 1: Mugs back in the days. Alchemists Alchemist? Yeah, okay, he hung out the studio with me that day. I mean that beat shout Alchemist shot Alchemy my brother ship Alchemists, definitely brother What be we talking about?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So okay, okay, no, no, no, because he was all, you know, you're a little bit on the road, but you're a point though, hang on front. You drunk and on point shopping.
Speaker 1: Hold on. So how the fuck he drunk? Point? How the fuck did y'all clear? Rocky? So what I did was I played it? You played it over? That's the original eating.
Speaker 3: Sample I play.
Speaker 1: I played blood, sweat and tears. That's in the Belly movie. If you and I played, I.
Speaker 12: Played keyboards, So what I did was I just took the note and I played it.
Speaker 1: So that's nobody could clear a lot Rocky, I played it. I played it so I did it as an interpolation.
Speaker 4: That's okay, that's the interpolation. Yeah, you want of them smart niggas. You went to Harvard.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of Harvard.
Speaker 4: And then how to get hold on it?
Speaker 5: That record was already out full on, got the original.
Speaker 4: That the original without recorded it.
Speaker 1: Move over looking like a little bit, so you look like Philly, you go over a little bit.
Speaker 3: So okay, yes, the song was already you.
Speaker 1: Know what, there's a mixtape vision without hove on it.
Speaker 3: No, but.
Speaker 5: I remember I was doing the record, bro, I can't have it, and this nigga in and D n.
Speaker 3: D studio and he hit in the record. Yeah he's like, yo, it's a four long place only three. Y'all want the record?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? That's that's what I remember.
Speaker 3: You remember.
Speaker 1: I want to know the story?
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait wait, I got.
Speaker 1: You just drunk Satan.
Speaker 3: So here here's here's what happened.
Speaker 1: Say the story.
Speaker 3: We all take a bathroom. This is what happened.
Speaker 5: Okay, The record was already out right again. Now Jah is popping. Now he's coming up. He's coming up. They still building Rockefeller me Tef Sam is already on the record. Jay come to the studio about a week straight. Yo, Yo, open the record, man, Can I get on the record? Let me get on the record a week straight?
Speaker 3: No, this is this is right, okay, a week straight?
Speaker 1: He comes, he comes, he comes. This is still relativity if I'm not wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He comes to the studio about a week straight and asked to get on the record. Yo, he said. I'm listening to him. I can see him standing in dn D going Yo. Man, come on, man, open the record up for me. Can you open the record from you want to get on some want to ask you. He killed Michael.
Speaker 6: So that's how he got on the record.
Speaker 3: He asked to be on the record, just just like that.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 12: So me and Dame was trying to do something called Rock and Red and we were trying to bring m O.
Speaker 1: P and Rockefeller through Sony at the time. This is early day distribution.
Speaker 12: Distribution and Dame Dad, We're trying to bring this back together.
Speaker 4: Leave me in page, drinkers, leave me in famous.
Speaker 1: Don't drink drinking all the liquorsability here's the deal.
Speaker 12: So, so j came in, he heard the record. He wanted to get on the record. Premiere was mixing. Premier mixed all our ship, by the way, just so you know, right, So Premiere was mixing our ship.
Speaker 1: So the way I would convince Permit to mix.
Speaker 12: The record was I would go out and make the record and bring it in and then blasted in Premiere's ears and make it force him to mix the record.
Speaker 1: Is I do it?
Speaker 12: So so Premiere was mixing the record, and Jake came in and him and Dame was like, yo, I need to get on this record, and we boom. We let him on the record. And then that's why he's verses last, if you understand.
Speaker 3: Because like me and the Fenn said, the record was already.
Speaker 1: Was done. I don't remember, Bro, but I was.
Speaker 3: So much shit bro some ship.
Speaker 12: I just yo yo yo Bro. I wanted us and Dame and Jay. I thought the best meant match for us was Ja Dame m O P. And I thought we was gonna be on Rocket Fuller. I thought that was gonna be the match that was us for us.
Speaker 1: James was Brooklyn.
Speaker 12: He understood you know what I'm saying, Like most niggas don't understand Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: We're all from Brownsville.
Speaker 12: I'm from Saratoga aven He from Saratoga.
Speaker 1: He's from Saratoga Avenue.
Speaker 12: I was like, yo, we gotta get with At first, I want to give with Steve Rifkins, but he was Wu Tang and you know, we love Rising and Wu Tang. But they was like, listen, we're gonna smoke dust and we're gonna do what we do.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 1: I'm only saying that because mehid Man said said, he said he wanted from big that was a little bit left for us, but we wanted. We were ready for that. Either we wasn't ready for that.
Speaker 4: But I was like, Yo, never smoked dust.
Speaker 1: I'm from home school, like quarters Union Square, some sort of dust.
Speaker 2: That's the way King told the story about us doing.
Speaker 12: You know, I owe you dances and all that kind of stuff. And King told the story. But anyway, beyond that, let me just say this. I thought the best match was jay Z m O P. Because he understood and I never believed that an artist could ever put out another artist, and jay Z actually was able to put out other artists that you know because I I can't see another We're black, right, we all brothers.
Speaker 1: You black too, even though you're Cuban. We're black, right.
Speaker 12: I never seen we can't see a brother's getting rich outside of our purview. Like you got to get rich the way I get rich. If you don't get rich to way I get rich, I don't understand you. You know what I'm saying, so Jay, So Jay didn't understand Jay was only when I thought that understood that.
Speaker 1: So Jay came to us after fall a long blaze. He came to and said, yeah, let's do the deal. And the only reason why we didn't do the deal was because this man right here, and this is.
Speaker 12: The most honorable man I've ever met in my life, Like he is such a solid stand up dude. He said, the only reason I can't do this deal because I can't understand how you would move forward and leave your man out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or in the same conversation with Dane two.
Speaker 1: I didn't get rocked Danes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nigga, I was rocking a Rockefeller chain in Harlem on one and twenty fifty, the blasting ether out the motherfucking I got the big seven niggas, So that.
Speaker 1: Fire deal never happened.
Speaker 2: Then never officially happened because it seemed like y'all were on the label.
Speaker 1: You know, we were on the label.
Speaker 7: Because I got white labels MP on Rockefellers.
Speaker 1: We were on the label.
Speaker 12: We signed the deal with Rockah we left Sony and then we split and then once Rockefeller split, we had to go because we.
Speaker 4: I was on Rockefeller too. They never gave me a contract, but were really I was never really on Rock.
Speaker 1: I never signed shot the Freestown in the lot.
Speaker 4: They was so out with at that time.
Speaker 1: They was like, you're on Rockefellers, Like, all right, cool on a rock they know what that was the deal. I was changed.
Speaker 4: I got a change, we got records.
Speaker 1: I got records record Feller too.
Speaker 4: Yeah technically not.
Speaker 5: But let me off the record on Rockefeller.
Speaker 1: I actually condo was, but they got to put the logo on it.
Speaker 4: But in all actuality, that was the Death Jam record. That was the illest me and I ever had with Dame. That but jay Z jay Z was like yol technically because you know, I don't know if y'all remember when they broke up. There was boys on Death Jam and it was like Dame dashboard and it was like the jay Z board. I remember that, and every day my name would be on the Dame dashboard and Chris Lighty would come and erase it.
Speaker 1: And put my ship on the jab board.
Speaker 4: But the crazy ship is what we didn't though, was I had a mean and he basically told me, He's like, you're not on the Rockefeller. You never signed the Rockefeller contract.
Speaker 1: You never you never did it.
Speaker 4: You're technically on death Jams, which means you're on with me anyway. So I need you to uh respect your contract that my life.
Speaker 7: Did.
Speaker 12: They did the first time ever in history where somebody owned their business and got a deal. So they didn't have a deal with deaf Jam. They had to deal with Universal. They were partners with Universal, and then they used deaf Jam as a marketing company. That is the first thing that ever happened. It never happened before in hip hop music history. They are the most incredible people I've ever met, Dame J and Biggs.
Speaker 1: Now Jay took it to another level.
Speaker 12: And the only reason why we didn't go with Jay was because and Billy said, this is because I don't understand why you would leave Dad.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. That we don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but the point is we actually built something from the.
Speaker 5: Bound If you could, if you could just walk out and do drink Champ somewhere else without this man, or you could walk out and do drink Champ somewhere else without this man.
Speaker 3: I'm nervous of you. That makes me nervous.
Speaker 1: Now let me give you my my opinion.
Speaker 12: You see, I'm saying I wanted to go with Jay because Jay was Brooklyn and he understood me.
Speaker 1: And Jay said to me, yeah, yeah, we going Brooklyn.
Speaker 12: And that Jay said to me, Ja said to me, I got y'all back.
Speaker 1: But I understood what Billy meant. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But Jay said to me, to this day, I don't regret it because whatever we do, we do.
Speaker 1: You understand I'm saying. But all I'm saying.
Speaker 12: To you is, I am I think jay Z was the right move to take. But I understood why that was legitimate. Yeah, yeah, you Billy's Billy. Billy's first of all MP for life. It don't even matter. You can't even speak on it, you know, you can't say nothing about it. So if Billy has any apprehensions, then we going with billy. If fame has apprehension, We're going with fame, your MP for life. We're all from Saratoga Avenue, we from the hill.
Speaker 1: That's real. We are m op like.
Speaker 12: You don't ever see me, but when you see billion fame, you see me.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: I think it makes a noise. You're gonna say, I would say, noor is my nigga, nigga, my nigga.
Speaker 4: Look makes a noise for you. What's your favorite thing? Making the record or performing.
Speaker 5: The record before performing, before performed.
Speaker 3: I say making the record, bro, really yeah, because you're going that motherfucker you I'm going there with nothing sometimes out the ether, yeah, I'm going there with nothing when you form start the ship out yeah yeah, yeah, I want to do the video to it.
Speaker 1: I know, famous telling something else.
Speaker 3: You said making the record, because I like to go in there with nothing and you come out with that ship.
Speaker 1: Now that's just magic.
Speaker 3: And you play when you played a hundred times that night. You know you guys, you know, I'm you.
Speaker 4: Know, you know.
Speaker 1: Can I say something? You're not giving slap as his prop says a producer, Hold, I got, I got, I'm going for his ice. I'm going there.
Speaker 4: I'm going I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: You did Cold His Ice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did Cold His Ice.
Speaker 1: Let's get back, go back to that.
Speaker 4: But just I want you to finish your thought about when you when just now just.
Speaker 3: Going there, just with nothing. You got an idea of what you want to do, and you you take your time, you put that ship together. It's almost like math, bro, when you add that ship up and you it's math. Basically, you build that ship up, man, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And you and you, Yeah, you come out with that motherfucker, Bros. You and you, and you play it back the final the final touches on that ship. You in love with it.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 3: You can hear that motherfucker from right away. You're like, yeah, that's that bitch.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I got him. I got him this time. That that feeling right there is an amazing feeling. I love performing, but just creating.
Speaker 4: That record as the ship to me, Bro, you said you can pick performing.
Speaker 1: Can you play your version?
Speaker 5: I like the energy on the stage. If you listen to MPI Records stage, it's almost like the design for performance is they're commanding, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to hear you say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what it is, is that the records are designed for performance. And I don't know if it's something that we do consciousness, right, I think it's just kind of happens, you know what I mean. And then that energy. I can remember getting on the stage for the first time where I was just.
Speaker 1: The hype man, right, hype man, right, that's how it started.
Speaker 6: That's how it started.
Speaker 5: So I was just the hype man and we were at.
Speaker 6: The Muse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I got on the stage. We had this whole routine, he go, yo, because I had never ever been on the stage, had never been in the studio, none of this ship you go yo. I just needed you to go out and do this when we go through it a couple of times a week before that I get out there. When I walked on the stage, I ain't never seen that many people in front of me before.
Speaker 6: I forget the whole routine, right, I forget the.
Speaker 5: Whole routine before.
Speaker 1: Can I tell the truth? Here here's the deal.
Speaker 12: Uh Fame called me and said, I got a hype man. His name is Billy, but he dances.
Speaker 13: You did, you said, wait, no, let me try the story, he said, And he said, I go, what do you want to call this thing we're doing?
Speaker 12: He says, I don't know what you want to call it. I said, what do you call the guys you hang out with on one five four five on the corner of Saint Marc's Saratoga. He said, we're the mash ou Posse. I go, okay, let's call an m O P. I said, what are you gonna do with Billy? He said, he's my partner from now on and we're gonna split everything down the middle.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. That's what.
Speaker 6: So that's it's when the hype man get upgraded.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: There really wasn't no flavor flames like I was saying. I got on the.
Speaker 5: Stage, I forgot the whole fucking routine. But that energy from the stage, like bro Bro Bill stopped lying, Bro, you was rhyming before I was rhyming.
Speaker 1: Nigga, ya need to make it. I was running first.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a bad mother fuck you were a bad.
Speaker 1: So let me give you m O P.
Speaker 13: The m O P is the engine, the horn, the vision.
Speaker 1: That's all it is.
Speaker 4: Take a shot for that.
Speaker 6: That's all ship ship know.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 5: I am my a beilieve, I am my ability Billy Billy been.
Speaker 3: Doing this thing since wavy or like I like, I studied this ship, bro. He used to get busy since back in the off the.
Speaker 4: Head did you used to go to the same high school with Buster around still no wet high school.
Speaker 5: Early I went to Tomas Jefferson High School.
Speaker 1: Shout out old y'all niggas that boys show y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah look yeah so yeah not not not a high school thing really just.
Speaker 3: Wady nigga public school. He took them off this public school right five seventy eight, yeah eight, all the way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill.
Speaker 3: Bill always been witty with that ship off the head, you know what I mean, in the whole way, ship just hanging out, you know, niggas doing what they.
Speaker 5: Do in the whole way.
Speaker 3: He always had that ship.
Speaker 4: Because copone is like book smart and I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't like it now, I wouldn't wigged. This shop is reversed. You were the original books smart, original book smart somewhere.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 5: But you know, you know, for me, hip hop like so I go way back with hip hop. I remember my my sister's birthday, my father brought a record home and a record player. Now you know, we all grew up listening to the old J Temptations, all of that ship, and there was this sugar Hill Gang record, right, and from that moment on like fell in love with hip hop. But even before, like it feels like a week or two maybe if you know so.
Speaker 1: Long ago, but would be wrong.
Speaker 12: I tell you that your sister beat up l COOJ and Queens.
Speaker 5: Story.
Speaker 3: Yeah what are you doing? Get this nigg out of here? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 5: But anyway, so when when when that record came out? When my sister got that record, is when I fell in love with hip hop. So maybe a few weeks before that ll cool J right, So you don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Nobody really knows.
Speaker 5: But I was born in Jamaica Hospital, Right, I'm a Brooklyn, but I was born in.
Speaker 6: Jamaica Hospital hospital. Yea very flying.
Speaker 5: My mother was was My family is from Queens, so my mother was going to visit my grandmother and went into labor. So that's how I end up with you know, my Queen's Queen's roots that ship. But fall back as I I remember, I remember living on Farmers Boulevard with the black rock.
Speaker 4: It's red Black and Green Rock. Yeah, uh peace.
Speaker 5: I remember being mesmerized by this dude that I've seen other dudes rapping ship like that, but I'm mesmerized by this dude. He's we had the Vegas then, you know, fucking big vegas speakers and ship. He's running across these speakers and he's going, Ladies, love cool J.
Speaker 6: L L cool J.
Speaker 5: That that that that that right, I'm like ship, just the fly as hell, whatever you go on.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 6: He did fly his hell, fly as hell.
Speaker 5: Anyway, About a week later is when he put his very first record out.
Speaker 6: But from that moment radio yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: But from that moment when I seen him do that, That's why I'm so stuck on performance right, like the way he performed and fucking what was the what was the video? I'm bad That ship is exactly what he was doing, exactly what I tried.
Speaker 3: It on the stage that Nigga put that nigga practiced before he did that video. That nigga in the mirror, that motherfucker doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not no random sh later, but I'm trying to trigger the stories his sister beat up.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, that's not true. El and My sister got into an altercation at school. They went to two thirty eight together, right, that is in Queens yeayeah on the hillside. Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it was over, but my sister was a bully.
Speaker 1: She was a bully. She was she.
Speaker 3: Was a bully.
Speaker 5: So she bullied the school, right, so I guess it was her turn to try.
Speaker 6: To bully l This is what I think. I don't know. I just know she was bully. My older sister.
Speaker 5: Shout out the friend, I love you, shout the fresh, shout the fresh shot.
Speaker 1: Most beautiful.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so they they they got into it in the class. I don't know what it was over, but they got into a fight or whatever whatever happened. I don't know if he beat Fraying up or she beat him up. But it was so long ago, you know what I mean, l ain't no sucker, because when it was when it was time, like when my brothers wanted to get involved in all that ship that nigga came to the crib him and cut creator him and Earl or him and a Bob Cat or whoever. Yo, shorty, Yeah, he'll tell your brother come outside of the fight, all right, cool, cool bro yo bro tied down there, all.
Speaker 3: Right, cool. They go around the corner they fight, and she was like, clockwork.
Speaker 4: Don't you go and Todd that's what his name.
Speaker 1: That was his name? That was that was his name? Like how you slipped that?
Speaker 3: And it was, you know, tied downstairs? Come on, said, come on down here the fight.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is you asked about the high school, like the hip hop school and it's still.
Speaker 4: It's still.
Speaker 3: Right right, so crazy.
Speaker 5: This was like like he would show up like every Wednesday, every Thursday and ship like clockwork, him coming downside.
Speaker 6: Let's fight.
Speaker 5: It was beefing every week with this lasted for maybe a summer or some ship, you know, just fighting his ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I watched says, how.
Speaker 5: We see him now taking everything now, a big strong mouty always been like that, man.
Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's bless bless bro ship.
Speaker 5: Excuse me. My first time.
Speaker 3: Meeting LL, my brother was locked up Marsie Correctional facility. Right, I want to visit to see my brother and ship, and l eld is on the visit, Wow, visiting his homeboy and my mom had a crush on L. Not don't check the funk up.
Speaker 7: Let's just say every woman in America had a crush on l Right, let's just say.
Speaker 1: Alone, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we go over there. We took a flick and I left the flick with my brother, Bro. I never had to flick again. Brother, the nigga came home. Like, where the is the picture? I wish I could show that ship to this day, you know what I mean? But l L, if you're listening, Marshie correctional facilities, that's the.
Speaker 4: Big from l L being like, you know, going to see his people in prison.
Speaker 3: That's real ship.
Speaker 1: The point I was saying that we wanted you to get to your point that l was a real dude from the beginning.
Speaker 12: He never ever like you know, when you talk about him being a superstar now, he was always the street.
Speaker 1: But who doubted that.
Speaker 7: I think, you know, yeah, we see the star now it's a mega star. But I mean I think people in hip didn't doubt.
Speaker 3: He's a real person. He's a real person.
Speaker 5: Regards to how many TV shows he's on, how many big records of big toys he does, He's a real person. He's one of the few people that I can say in the industry that is exactly the same him and that fucking method man.
Speaker 3: That's my niggah.
Speaker 5: Yeah so much.
Speaker 1: I love that dude. Get your weed, do it. I got friends of like that. But but when he smoked regularly, he smoked Regie Midler.
Speaker 4: He can't smoke that the guy. Yeah, yeh, I'm ready, I'm ready. But let me I tell you, I tell you. L told me one of the most valuable lessons world.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was on tour with l I was on the top forty tour with l Jah Rule Shawn T.
Speaker 1: They all had private jets.
Speaker 4: I'm still on a regular plane, gotta get it. And I had a prayer room, had his room, and then he had his family room. He had a prayer room, a room just to pray, and then he had like a room like shadow box because.
Speaker 3: He lay or something.
Speaker 4: And then he had left, and then he had a room for his family. So we would go everywhere every night. These girls are going crazy. Hell Hell was throwing out roses on the stage, throwing out every girl in the fucking crowd.
Speaker 1: Wants to take all down.
Speaker 4: But Hell goes back to the room to see his wife and I'm like still young at this time.
Speaker 3: This is about.
Speaker 4: It's about twenty years ago, so I'm still young. So I'm like, oh, what are you doing.
Speaker 7: You're leaving a lot of good things the demons.
Speaker 4: He's like, ill, NOORI I bring my wife with me everywhere, and I don't get in trouble nowhere I go.
Speaker 3: That's right. Good ship, good ship, good ship.
Speaker 1: I take that advice with me to this day.
Speaker 3: I'm everywhere. You know, you ain't gonna do no dumb.
Speaker 4: Ship, fall into some dumb ship when you get your lady.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So that's right. So I gave me that. Man, that's right. A friend of mine is here Mitched told me I gave that to him today, and I was, I was. That was like a great compliment for me, Like he was like, you know, I liked I kind of like that rubbed off on me to him, and I kind of I like that ship. I like, I like being loyal. Seal is actually great.
Speaker 1: Gary.
Speaker 12: I got a question from the MLP website. They called and they asked this question. They knew we were coming and they said this to you. They said, it's no done making records? Are you done making records? I refuse to answer that question. I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 1: Answer in the next episode. They're like, make sure you ask him that question. I can't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think once you I think once you make music, I can't stop.
Speaker 1: You can't stop even if you do it on your own. Y.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like even.
Speaker 4: Because I sincerely believe that, I know this sounds so cliche, I sincerely believed that I would have still rapped if I wasn't making money. I sincerely believe that. I mean that wouldn't have made it my profession, but I would have still rap.
Speaker 5: New music on the way and.
Speaker 1: It sounds good. It's sound good you part two. No, we're doing one video.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure who owned those rights, because well, as long as we can benefit of those rights. As if we can't, let's make a new record. Let's make a new record because are y'all guys getting back yard Master's We're gonna work on it. That's what everyone from all that can I speak to that how many years it was your first album?
Speaker 1: Very close?
Speaker 4: Getting everything everything, not just the first album.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't want to say too much because let me just say this to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you drunk.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry like a good drunk.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it like this, Billy, is that you're me twenty years ago. I'm gonna say it like this.
Speaker 12: We don't we don't believe in outing labels and all all this bullshit.
Speaker 1: That's not our We do our business.
Speaker 12: We accept our hand, that your adult and we work it out.
Speaker 1: This is our bodega, all right. We do what we do. Mop is Mop.
Speaker 12: But what we what I know is happening in the next year or two, is that we will regain we will regain everything that's owed to us and we will move forward because Mop is MOP and not very many people have that ability because they've all lost all of that. But one thing about us, we love our space. This is Billy and Fame and Uncle AI's. We do what we do and we're happy with what we do. Do you know where your masters at?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 12: Okay, we have control of everything that's happening. And just no disrespect to any label because I'm not here. I'm not going to take a label's money and go You don't You're not accountable for the money I say. I'm saying at the end at the end of the day. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, I got you. At the end of the day, we are good. We are very good, and we are very happy to be who we are. But at the end of the day, we know that the clock is your best friend in this situation, and the clock has been MP's friend. We sat back, we chilled, We didn't complain, we didn't bitch. We said, Okay, time is going to be our friend, and at the end of the day, time is helping.
Speaker 1: Us to do what we need to do. So yeah, we'll get it all back. There you go to get it all back. But no, direspect anybody. You know some of these piece of ship you need to be dispectful. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I mean most of them, most of.
Speaker 1: That's a good.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: I'm I know I'm not wrong. No no, no, you're wrong in this space, meaning that there's not pieces of ship record labels.
Speaker 12: There are pieces of shit, okay, banks and pieces of ship real estate comings to pieces of ship at the end of the day, Mop owns, mop. That's all I can say about that.
Speaker 4: That's why. No, but you got to realize. One of the things that I learned when I got jerked myself right or when I came into this game. Is some of these people could die, be reborn and then they still not own them their masters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's how the rite the music industry was was designed like that right for them, because we were trying to get out the hood, right, that's what that's us, right, But the music business itself, no, it was design. It was a record for the record companies to get rich and the artists to become the sleeping.
Speaker 7: Before that, think about it, the mobs in the sense started the music industry. So you already know it started backwards like.
Speaker 1: Like because he was he was management.
Speaker 12: Right, I'm not a manager, but I am the the the executor of the situation.
Speaker 4: Because that's the reason why people didn't they didn't like people like him is because you know, no, no, because they wanted to pick your manager, you know what I mean. They wanted they wanted to have your.
Speaker 1: Manager of their inside guys.
Speaker 4: Special on hand, Specials said that he sold his publisher. Didn't didn't know it to one half is to the record label and the other half of his manager. His manager couldn't have been for Brooklyn, right. That manager was a plant that they planted there.
Speaker 1: Man, you're a lawyer, he said, I think it was his manager. Yeah, manager, I believe. So that's what I'm saying. That's how it was back then, right, Yeah, Yeah, that was the early three sixties.
Speaker 5: Right, and it was just yeah, it was designed for the fuck over man, and like you said, we were just trying to get out the hood. So a lot of artists would just walk into It's like nigga, when a nigga say, he go, twenty thousand dollars, you coming from nothing and me as.
Speaker 4: Young as you were, right, being as young as you, you got twenty I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, twenty.
Speaker 5: Grands a shiploads of money at that time.
Speaker 3: But we didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 5: You know, that was a lot of money for some young kids, you know what I'm saying. For most people, that's a lot of money. So it's like, you know, we're about the you know, we're about to get this and everybody seeing tomorrow. Even though niggas don't look into the future, they always think about it's gonna be better tomorrow. It's gonna better tomorrow, it's gonna be biggest job.
Speaker 1: If you had a half good lawyer.
Speaker 4: That first deal that I signed, they told me like, this is not the best deal. But I was like, yo, I could get out the hood for this. You know what I'm saying, Like I kind of almost knew, but I didn't know what publishing was. That's like somebody saying, Yo, I'm gonna take your oxygen, Like I wouldn't sell my oxygen. But then somebody comes to you and say, I'm gonna take your what is it?
Speaker 1: H two O? What is it?
Speaker 3: You know whatever?
Speaker 4: It's H two old something like that. You're like, you don't, ah c O is like you to give me something for my own you know, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't funk with H two oh. So when they said for publishing, I'm like, take this ship.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 4: And then when I found out publishing, I could leave that to my kids for the rest of their life and they can live perpetuity for the rest of their fucking life.
Speaker 1: How to fuck to somebody else own that ship, the caro and how can a kid like you even wrap your head around that at that age? For labels on top of.
Speaker 12: That, so some of them, my job is to make sure that your Highness like meque quashime and all of the family of m O p for the history until perpetuity, will have the control and the rights of m O p unto perpetuity until the history is gone.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm here for. And I understand that it's a hard fight.
Speaker 7: I know what perpetuity means. That means forever, forever, ever, ever. And you can't forget in perpetuity because they use in the universe. Yeah yeah, But my job is that MOP owns MOP forever. This is al Bodega. We own our bodega forever.
Speaker 14: And listen, at the end of the day, no matter what happens Billy Dan's kids and Fames Son and whatever son, I know he's working on something. Whatever he gets own MOP forever and ever and ever.
Speaker 12: And trust me, it's not an easy fight. You know, it's not easy. You know what I'm up against, you understand. But at the end of the day, my job is to make sure that they own it forever. I'm from the same street they from. I'm from four point thirty Saratoga, Brownsville, Brooklyn. When I came and got fame that day, his brother had just got killed and I came to him and I said, Yo, bro, what can you do, he's I can rap I said, Well, listen, my job is to make sure for the rest of your life, I'm gonna be there for you. I'm gonna hold you down. And at the end of the day, that's what I've done for thirty years. Mop thirty motherfucking years.
Speaker 4: But you know, isn't that after thirty years you get your masters back, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we own a few of our records now, and a few more years we'll own the rest of them.
Speaker 1: So we just kill them. They're nervous, trust.
Speaker 3: Me, Yeah, bastards.
Speaker 5: But you know, I mean, you always need somebody that you can trust, right in any situation, right, but especially something like this, like you need to have somebody around you that that understands you, understands where you need to be, understand how hard you work, understand the ship.
Speaker 3: That you had to go through.
Speaker 5: Right, everybody's not gonna be one hundred percent with you, you know what I'm saying Me people people always look at me. I got this thing about me where some people that know me go, Nigga, you're always paranoid or you're always worried. Right, I'm never I'm never paranoid, right, I just don't trust the motherfucker, right, So I don't trust people I don't know, right, because it's you know how they say innocent until proven guilty. No, nigga, you a snake until proven not a snake. You know the world, the world exactly. So people tell people tell me like I'm backward to most people, but it's the actual truth, you know what I'm saying. So I'm not, like I said, I'm not a good gambler. I'm not willing to put up something that I'm unrecoupable, right, my life, my freedom, my feelings, my anything, when that comes to me, I'm not putting it up if it's unrecoupable, you know what I'm saying. So I'm not I'm not a good gamma, bro, I'm not. I'm not into that. So anybody like now, I'm comfortable with everybody in the room and ship, right, But when I first walked in, it was just you'll has and then I had to figure feel everybody else side of the room.
Speaker 6: So that's that's just how it is. So and business has got to be the same ship.
Speaker 5: You don't know the mofucker until you know mofucker, So you always be on top of your ship from day one, and.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, why did you stop drinking?
Speaker 5: I don't like it no more, nor I think these niggas taking you know, they take care of it anyway, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't like being high like I hadn't.
Speaker 5: I hadn't smoked weed, and fucking yeah, I stopped twenty five years or something.
Speaker 1: Died on the stage. That's why smoking ice spice? Well, no, no, no, I would no, what the fuck is ice spice?
Speaker 4: I'm asking stop smoking. I don't like a good tea, don't I don't like I don't like the feeling. I don't like not being in control. Does it make it makes nervous, it make you anxiety.
Speaker 6: At one time it did hit me like that. But for me, all it takes is one thing to happen.
Speaker 5: Right, And for niggas, say, if I go to the doctor, the nigga like, yo, you're smoking too much.
Speaker 3: It's over. That's it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: If they go, Yo, you're drinking too much, it's over. That's it.
Speaker 1: First, norma, you're talking to a Brownsville gun slinger. But at the end of the day, you kind of want him not to get hot.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't like the feeling, but I don't not even smoking smoking weed. I started going crazy, Bro, I don't know. Somebody slipping. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You smoked a dirty bag.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened. Bro, I know I smoked that ship one day and I was just you see nigga having a conversation on the I don't know. I think I grew up with bullshit, you know what I mean. And if you smoke, it enhances it. And you see a nigga whispering on the side, You're like, you get paranoid. That ship kept happening. I said, no, I'm gonna I'm gonna only smoke when I'm home. And I got my little son with your baby, I'm I'm like, damn, I can't. You're not just feel weig you know what I mean? Like I just had a I had to cut it off. Bro, I don't want to be hot. I don't want to be I don't want to be drunk. I took I took last year. I took two pools my homeboy and he passed the joint. Shout to you, Anthony.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Damn, I want to know.
Speaker 3: Don't get that nigga enough, get out of here.
Speaker 4: Bro, we want two lines. I'm like, oh, I'm kidding, big shot. Yeah, I to you, I took an IVY just to get drunk today.
Speaker 1: She took an ivy to make you get the ivy and makes the whole difference. You can't. I understood, you drink, Bro, it's not before after you drink and before prevention. That means you were drinking yesterday and then you need to iman.
Speaker 4: Yeah to the hell that day. Let a shot to that.
Speaker 1: You know, any gigs in the building, any gigs in the building.
Speaker 4: He's the one that fight out what I ain't smoke Switschesky's white ouse cousin.
Speaker 1: When you rolled up in that yeahs Boris rows up to that. I got old school lungs.
Speaker 4: His damn near Philly. You know, white al. But you used to smoke. When you smoke, you look in the front. You look like a dutch Master.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 4: I did the Dutch dust Master when you smoked, You did dust Master.
Speaker 3: Break that bitch down, cut it over, however, alphaductor, you know.
Speaker 1: That vegas the green one, no ductor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ordered a dutch Master in l a one night ordered one like because I was on like seven eleven and it was like the whole seven eleven stop, it's like you from New York. I was like, I didn't realize that's masters straight New York ship. Yeah yeah, are y'all ow y'all New York ship? Always okay?
Speaker 3: Always? Is it?
Speaker 1: Tims in the summertime?
Speaker 3: I got tims right now.
Speaker 1: Right just beeping brocly.
Speaker 7: Hold up, we gotta put them on some Miami time, man. Hold on, I brought yes, yes, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: Out of.
Speaker 1: Got let us for you.
Speaker 3: Come on. Every him sits in the house, Bro, I ain't walking outside.
Speaker 1: Tea shirts for I know you, lady late, I got you, I got you good man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, slippers outside, bro, that's the New York thing.
Speaker 1: Let me start saying A son who leaving the crib? He having slippers on?
Speaker 5: Like, where are you going?
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm going to basketball in Miami. Bump.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Thank you brother.
Speaker 1: Can I say how proud of I am of you guys for the work you put in. Thank you man.
Speaker 12: You guys doing fans. No, I'm proud of you guys. Man, and you guys have done some amazing work. I saw the Mike Tyson interview and that that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he made me a whole much made to he had my friend doing drugs.
Speaker 1: But anybody's gonna intimidate me, I'm gonna let it be Mike Tyson. It was almost like you put it in.
Speaker 9: I was like.
Speaker 4: Browns felt.
Speaker 5: God, he is.
Speaker 1: Talking about sim before before that. You mean, you going through the hood, his.
Speaker 3: Career, he come out, he comes through the hood, give out turkeys.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about you know, before them. I don't know him personally, okay, but I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Him in the hood.
Speaker 3: You still going to see that, you know what I mean? The big boys and ship like that come hang out and ship. Mike was dead, Nigga, Mike was dead, Nigga. I saw turkeys in the hood. Nigga. You see Mike Tyson like holy.
Speaker 1: And he's still the dude man ud Mike Tyson.
Speaker 3: B Yeah, the baby ran that well, bro, Nigga. I wrote it for Mike Tyson. Niggas who this nigga? Yeah, that's that's that's his boy, his boy.
Speaker 4: Like he cried with Buster Douglas fight.
Speaker 5: I really pulled up on Lennox Lewis wait, so I know Leonard, you snapper. Did you know he had to fight with Shannon. He fought Shannon Briggs.
Speaker 1: Because he see browns with niggas, you could not allow so.
Speaker 5: So because Shannon called, he me and my man Mony called for Mecca.
Speaker 6: But now he called, and the fight was in Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: Me and Mo.
Speaker 5: Me and Mo went to Atlantic City. Me and Mo went to Atlantic City. You know, sat ring side whatever, watching the fight go down. H Shannon didn't come out on top, right, he did not?
Speaker 3: No, he didn't, he didn't. He didn't. He didn't.
Speaker 6: But like months later, we seen him in the club in New York.
Speaker 1: Lennix Lewis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I asked him, I said, y'all was I said, Yo, why you do my man like that? I'm just fucking with him though you know me, Though you do, you'll understand.
Speaker 1: What that means. Fifteen niggas would I was talking about?
Speaker 5: He said, he said, Yo, it's just the business. Now I know who he is, but nobody else know who he is. So now niggas toss arounding him. Now we're surrounding him in the club. Nigga was a joke.
Speaker 6: Nigga was joking.
Speaker 3: It was a Lynx lewis he about to at least eight of us up right?
Speaker 1: At least right?
Speaker 6: So wait wait it was a small thing.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I just let him know, you know, Shan Shannon my boy or whatever small ship he got, he got out of it in one piece.
Speaker 4: That was the Then he beat Tyson too. That's too much, Browns.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: Let me let me let me say something though, right like the fight like we got champions, Browns. We don't just have fight us. Weab Riddick bow Yes, Shannon Braid, Iron, Mike Title, all all the belts, Sam Juter, all the belts, all the belts right, all different weight classes, all champions.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: So shout out to Za, shout out to Don't in the breakfast m ok right we can. But that's that's all. That's all, Brooklyn. But rock rock ness, rockness from Heal to Skelter. It was a fucking incredible, incredible speltics from brown Field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you shout out myself.
Speaker 3: The smoother hustle, trigger, the gamble. Can't forget that faster, faster age. It's a lot of there's a lot of dudes in bra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yea yeah, tike a shot to the hell. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gotta sit.
Speaker 1: I'm watching you. You put your drink drink man.
Speaker 9: Billy already cursing me Outig don't know, Michael Rapper board school.
Speaker 3: Schoolers, grown silly Wrapp.
Speaker 4: I know his grandmother used to live there.
Speaker 1: Yes, he told me the grandma Burgers and y'all Michael Rabig grandmother from howel you see Yeah, Rapper, Yes, I didn't see him there.
Speaker 5: He told me.
Speaker 1: I can't say it now, but we shoot Rambo pe documentary. But I okay, and he's filming it like he did quest. I can't say it. Let's get him a napkin. I can't say.
Speaker 4: Bill cutting me out because he shout the charcoal quest. The documentary did an amazing job. So Rapp, we're breaking the room right here. Michael Rapp, reporter, student the m O P documentary.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not clamming, and I don't know what the fuck he's talking.
Speaker 3: About like that.
Speaker 1: Shoal about through the rule.
Speaker 4: Let's make it come to The's so much trouble right now, because you know why, I swear to God, man, I know what good brothers you guys are. I know what amazing artists you guys are. I know what amazing people you guys are. So that's the reason why I've been always wanting to do this, man, because like I said, man, you guys are one of the best groups of all times. The guys are humble. I know you guys don't like really brag, but I'm a brag for you.
Speaker 1: I'm a i'm a. I'm a I'm a. I don't care.
Speaker 4: I don't care what what, what, what position I play on the team. I can even have the pom poms. That's so much of a you know, confident man I am.
Speaker 3: And you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 3: Thank you brother. Man, Brother, I'm a plan of music too, Yes, planning.
Speaker 4: On y'all to say, Man, I gotta give your yeah.
Speaker 5: But I was man, I'm like that too, hung bro.
Speaker 3: I like this ship.
Speaker 1: I like to shoop.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: You're drinking buron lais Lass, drinking anything. I'm drinking y'all dot com. I'm thinking ber right now. But ye know I'm in trouble this.
Speaker 5: Ye this nigga. Take me say you got Japanese whiskey?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I like I love that, yeah, yes, yeah, no, no, no, Docky is white. Can I take a second to shut out at Joe? Yes, rebby Ma Buster rhymes.
Speaker 12: Those are people. We love them, Steve Rifkin, that's our brother right there.
Speaker 1: We love them.
Speaker 12: They are so amazing And what Fat Joe has done with his career is one of the most amazing things I ever saw.
Speaker 1: Buster rhymes on tour right now?
Speaker 3: What he Yeah, Buster Man, I want to go bust this ship man, Buster, this motherfucker come on.
Speaker 1: He don't stop and he sound better and better and better.
Speaker 3: He's amazing, amazing, He's he's one of the best.
Speaker 1: Ever hands out like the rappers, entertainers. He's not just a fucking rapper road and the music and she hands down like like like, don't just pin him down just even acting. He's Alien's hero. Don't die on us. We don't get insurance like that.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Is I'm early in the morning person and he's a late night person. I only speak the bus between three lunch stepping in the morning.
Speaker 12: At two am, and we talk about it, what we're doing, what we're doing, godfather nigga.
Speaker 1: A buster he want to start at twelve at night?
Speaker 5: Like what they anything session, I've been working with you for years.
Speaker 3: I'm going to sleep. He's just getting started because it's in the studio every day, yea, every day, every day.
Speaker 7: And be honest, he could be the best motifational speaker ever known, like Ny Robbins.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and you words and ship his combination of works. When I'm down, I just call him like and I tell him him sad ship. I'm like, yo, man, she ain't feel what you're going to do called what we're going to do called.
Speaker 1: And I'll be like, all right, Bust, I'm back and I'm back together. You can get Bust his career.
Speaker 4: I pray everybody have a Bust of RoHS right.
Speaker 1: So much person, I don't pray if you never meet a Buster Rhymes, I know you know what, I'm gonna put something in the universe.
Speaker 7: Siri or Amazon, y'all should fucking pay him mad dollars for his voice to be the voice of that ship, like when you talk to Sirio, Amazon's busted talking to you.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, like your ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then we used to have m P in the GPS. Every time they go to time they go to the hood. You gonna hear, y'all, y'all never you'll never made girl records.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but they did it. This is what I would say. I think y'all don't even know.
Speaker 2: Y'all probably the most gangster ass party records ever.
Speaker 1: That's real. What about you make songs like not good records?
Speaker 3: No, No, make choice like we make stories like blood.
Speaker 1: Women would dance it in the club.
Speaker 3: We do choice like that, We make songs. We're not just motherfuckers. Walk up to y'all. I hate them niggas yo, nigga, I just came home this nigga.
Speaker 1: I'm not that tough. I don't give a funk what you just yeah.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, I feel your ship.
Speaker 4: I'm from flow.
Speaker 6: Turn it down.
Speaker 3: We make emotional ship. I've been through ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's a time to turn it down.
Speaker 1: And we take a shot, take a shin. Jesus gives you didn't know that.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you. Let me ask you' all, because every now and then a person come up to me like, of course I did a bid to y'all ship. I shouted, nigga to y'all, ship.
Speaker 3: Leave me alone.
Speaker 1: What are they saying to y'all, Like, what is the man saying to your home? My coup and what does that mean? Mister Lee's feet? He said, you telling somebody to want you to and wrong.
Speaker 3: I remember doing a show upstate, New York, bro, and there was a fan in the middle of the show. This niggas going so crazy. We give him dap and he's going crazy, so crazy, he's so in love with the music that we wand up. We're like, oh ship this aggressive. Were gonna wind up.
Speaker 1: Having to this nigga just for showing us off.
Speaker 3: The nigga go to.
Speaker 1: This nigga watched? Can I tell you why I knew? How how about Honker was a hit? I used to go with my hat down? Nobody taking over my interview. I'm gonna be honest. He changed up the subject. How about the call has to go to clubs with my hat down? Nobody knew me and I will get him too. Shots? He requested two shots. You told me okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want one too.
Speaker 4: I want want to but you got what you got.
Speaker 1: You got bourbon and the Japanese with Japanese nigga. Okay, I want to see this happening. Okay, nigga's twig everything.
Speaker 5: And don't lie. My brother drink.
Speaker 1: And I'll be like, you ain't with me on the drinking. I don't think the challenges should be excepted.
Speaker 15: I've seen your eyes sweat. Just I really, I really don't like being around this. So many drunks.
Speaker 1: Is kicking me all night. I'm drunk, so don't worry Junior and drunk.
Speaker 4: So you that's what up about these episodes Like I get drunk and then at some point I sold up during the year that second ship. Yeah, and plus I'm like, I said, I'm an i V. So these che coded it. Yeah, I te coded today. I see I've seen that po daddy do that. One day it was it was just selling drinking and he just disappeared. And then I went and look this niggas getting the I V.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the fuck is done?
Speaker 4: Vitamins? First off, it takes all the drunkness out of your hydrates.
Speaker 7: You what it is because liquord dehydrates you, so you hydrate yourself and then you come right back and dehyd That's.
Speaker 4: Why when we went to the bathroom break, I had to take a ship.
Speaker 1: I should have not mad vitamins too much make drunks. I mean, like, let's take a ship let's take a shot for ship.
Speaker 9: Take a ship shot shing m P by the way, kicking me out like them?
Speaker 5: No more.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: That's kind of cool about this moment, like full circle moment. For a lot of people think we film in New York. We filmed Miami, which I'm proud of. Yeah, I'm proud from Miami. This show was born in Miami, and we produced in Miami. But what's all about you guys being here right now is when we were talking about gentrification. This is one of the areas that got gentrified. This is our art district. This this was this is kind of still the hood, but was the hood. I don't know about that broke got it.
Speaker 3: We rolled through some.
Speaker 5: Shiit just it is.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It's still a mixture, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So, but this was the area Winwood that you guys performed at in ninety three. Is the first time I saw you guys. Four probably ninety four. Dj Rob brought you to Hoodstock at ROBERTA. Clementa Park. It was a free show, you guys was there. We brought exhibit exhibit had this one single out. We saw him and we brought them through. That's a longer story, but we came and we rolled up. You guys were on stage, and it was the first time I saw y'all. And it was right two blocks away from right here in the Hood. Because this is where all the hip hop ship Zoo the Nation had a big presence here, so all the people in Miami that were hip hop heads would come to this area and this is where hood Stock happening.
Speaker 1: And now you guys are back. I got two shots. You got to shots. What you doing and we're back to two shots.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna be here with you.
Speaker 1: I want to see what you're gonna do. I don't know, but nothing else. Well, when it starts like that, no, no, I'm gonna take my time. I'm at work.
Speaker 7: Tell them about the book though, which one this book? Yes, An the homie sent The book is a mixtae book. I actually haven't read it yet, but I brought it through because I'm sure it features m op features.
Speaker 1: You guys, shout out to these dudes right here, Micham, it's a book about mix it. I just brought showing them loves.
Speaker 7: They sent it over, and you know, you know, I had the single that I bought literally when I was a short I bought this joint like this is, and I was putting this on my mixtapes. I was always a big M O. P.
Speaker 1: Fan. You guys have fans in Miami like you don't even know.
Speaker 5: Man, Thank you very much, brother, Thank thanks brother.
Speaker 1: He put the knife in the wall that day? Who did? God bless So this is a legit picture of what Yeah, that's what happened that day.
Speaker 5: He put the knife in the wall, and they just took a picture of put the all around.
Speaker 1: I got two more shots.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna take one with you right now. You ready, No, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: We're standing now, We're standing.
Speaker 3: There, you know.
Speaker 1: And so what's up a Fox?
Speaker 3: Oh? Good makes no Fox? Yeah she's good, man.
Speaker 5: I just talked to her a couple of days ago. Okay, she's in good spirits. She's telling you know she had a kid as a grown man.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: But wow, that was the change for Fox, right, because if you remember, Fox was wild as Fox she was, she was one of the guys, right. I remember being down here. I don't think it was this area, but it was punching the sound man in the head.
Speaker 3: Of Fox was now remember.
Speaker 1: That part out of it, shout.
Speaker 5: Shout to Fox and you know she's she in good spirits, bro, and she you know, she's still moving with us and ship and you know, so you know because.
Speaker 12: Fox that that that whole crew from the Bronx Nations, they huddles down, Bo huddles down.
Speaker 3: I love her people.
Speaker 4: So I remember, like in the beginning of your career, it seemed like y'all rolled super super deep. But then later on it was just like it was just y'all, lads and Fox and like a couple of others, Like I would see y'all, it's just y'all.
Speaker 1: What made the transition that was?
Speaker 6: That was, you know, we in the that's you know, in in the beginning, we kind of moving around the city.
Speaker 3: For nigga ship Bro, for lawyers.
Speaker 16: Move you move heavy. You did the same thing, Hey, Rex ahead, when you move heavy. I love my niggas bro, Bro, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But when you move heavy, something's gonna happen. Something is gonna happen, you know what I mean. So it's different persons. It's smart as you get older, plus you don't do stupid shit no more. As you get older, you think smarter. Plus, I don't want to chaperdize nobody. You don't check it ouze nobody, don't get in trouble, you know what I mean, doing dumb ship.
Speaker 1: So it's smarter to move lighter, you know what i mean, won't get into unnecessary problems.
Speaker 3: Right right because you can't.
Speaker 5: There's too many different personalities rights out. So when ways as drunk as he is right now, he's just gonna be as drunk as he is.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna start no ship. He may stagger a little bit, that's said.
Speaker 4: He's not lie.
Speaker 3: But even though he's if one of the other homies, if one of the other homies get this.
Speaker 5: Drunk, they're gonna go somewhere. We might get into a fight or some ship, you know what I'm saying. So so I'm always saying nobody's disposable, But sometimes everybody can't go to a certain you know what I mean, certain venus or whatever.
Speaker 1: But then is that is that warrant here to growth? It is, that's definitely, But.
Speaker 5: That don't mean you outgrow your your homie stuff.
Speaker 1: No, no, And they're still on their time.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we do joints, ain't you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Happy to see him on the fucker and sometimes they realize the same dumb ship we always do it. So now they fall back and they just you know what I mean like this, You know what I mean, Like I ain't sucking up your bag or get your bag. I'm just happy to see you on here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Man, pop ball bees, all of the.
Speaker 12: All original pays out there that you know to go go go go golf.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, chaff chaff mo keep going on all original mops. I want to shout y'all out. We love y'all and we're out there doing this work.
Speaker 12: We carry this flag for y'all, Brownsville, Brooklyn, this is why we carry the flag. We carried the flag for Brooklyn, for Brownsville. That's why we carry this flag. You go anywhere on the planet Earth and we say where m O P Is from? They say Brownsville. Salute to Brownsville.
Speaker 3: Kept that going, you've got going.
Speaker 4: It's been well known that like mo O P was the not to play with, right, like you know, like no one fucks with m O P.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, why have y'all never had lyrical beef the fun out? You artists were intimidated. I think truly artists.
Speaker 5: I will tell you my reason, bros.
Speaker 3: If I got up and I'm talking about you, bro, if I got a problem with the artists, I'm gonna deal with you all right directly. I'm not gonna do no fucking I just ain't got Dad's a fucking battle rhyme like a motherfucker. I ain't gonna do no fucking battle rhymes none of this ship. When I say you, we'll deal with it if we know, you know I gotta be. You know, we gotta be. I know I gotta be. We deal with it. I'm not doing the whole fucking bunch of them.
Speaker 1: I just ain't got it getting me as. Let me say this, I'm he killed some error.
Speaker 12: Whether rappers weren't gangsters, the gangsters were gangsters, and then the rappers were rappers, So we don't understand rappers that want to be gangs.
Speaker 3: That's an analogy.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 5: That's all night at all.
Speaker 4: That was hard, and that was that was good right there.
Speaker 5: That was hard.
Speaker 3: It's really you know, if you if you huh, somebody gotta move. You got what car?
Speaker 1: Your car?
Speaker 3: What cars?
Speaker 5: Yeah, suburban, I'm good, I hold it.
Speaker 1: Move doing squat thoughts.
Speaker 6: Remember what are you doing?
Speaker 3: He's going to back holding it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, good, I'm holding it down.
Speaker 3: What you saying?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: The rappers wasn't the gangsters were gangsterous. The rappers wasn't gangsters. So what happened was the rappers started to be gangsters. The reason when m P came about was because I wanted to change their lives because they were actual, truly gangsters. And I was like, yo, we got to change your life. We can't do this because that it's the end if you do this. So I said, fuck it, Let's move forward and let you make music so you cannot be the gangsters. But the problem is now the rappers want to be gangsters. So every time you name a gangster, he gets arrested in two years. It's ridiculous. I have never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 4: Everybody, but Billy, can you answer the question that I asked him, like, why do you never like gott It's a lyrical beef.
Speaker 5: I mean it was, I mean the funk up, you stop stop Jesus Christ crazy, it's crazy. That's that's true, but.
Speaker 3: That's not why. That's not why.
Speaker 5: It's just like like Fame said like, I mean, it takes a lot, you know what I mean for for a nigga to make it, not even just any record, right, you got to put your brain power into creating this record. Like, I wouldn't want to waste my time talking about somebody being disrespectful to somebody. If there's a problem, we got it. We'll handle the problem when we see each other, you know what I mean. They don't make no sense for for for niggas to be beef with each other, open record.
Speaker 3: I like the energy when it's not me, right, you know what I mean. I'll listen to them. I told them a nerve to this ship, bro, So I listened to it. Yeah, but no, Bro, I ain't got the patience for it, Bro, I'm not.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: We gotta deal with it.
Speaker 5: We can deal with it then maybe we wrap after it.
Speaker 3: Let's deal with it. And the time I'm on bro.
Speaker 5: When it comes to rap beef for battling right nowadays, I mean we didn't have. I mean every era of music was there was some kind of beef going on or whatever happened happened. Nowadays, it's so fucking crazy to where the rap battle or the rap beef turn into a street wall and we losing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, that's fucking why bro, how many of these kids we lose?
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of record and you thought that somebody was coming at y'all? No, No, that's not I never heard. I heard a couple.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's because you.
Speaker 1: Get punched in the face.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, niggas say fame such a oh but you know sometime though, But.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you. Biggie had that famous line, it's moneyga fame up in prospect.
Speaker 3: That's a love that.
Speaker 4: No, he wasn't rude, bro, No, I'm not asking that, but you know, like it's like meigga, you're talking about okay, because like right when Rick Ross said I'm gonna be honest, Rick Ross said, I know Norriega, the real nor Viegad ended beyond.
Speaker 1: I was coming right away. Bro, you called me right away.
Speaker 4: What I'm lying that, I ain't a lot of you protuated. But at first it was like and then I got it. I got I told you it was.
Speaker 1: For the first time you heard it.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that you knew that was big though, But what you were saying, no, I was all love. What we're talking about about the big line, No, it was all love. He gave me shout out like they used to be on my side, but they used to hang out. It's not a true story, right right, right, but it's a beautiful story. You know what I mean. The way you put it, what you want that it was happening, nigga. I've seen Big doing it down, doing it down away getting his money or whatever.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean on my on shouto guy, you know what I mean. So Big with my nigga.
Speaker 3: He put the story together. It's homeboy. Halleen used to live right next door to me. Halen was like, yo, man, this nigga shout you on a song. I heard a song.
Speaker 1: It's my nigga.
Speaker 5: Fame of a Prospect now mind you.
Speaker 3: I know Big from Prospect because I used to hang out in Prospect.
Speaker 5: Prospect is one block.
Speaker 3: From Saint Marks.
Speaker 1: I'm from Saint Mark. Are you from sing Mans?
Speaker 5: So he put that together, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But a lot of people's like, you know, a lot of people was off and on off and on about it, right.
Speaker 4: Because he said, for I know Big nigga, I love, disrespect.
Speaker 1: I was off.
Speaker 3: I didn't say yeah, but whatever, whatever I hate, I didn't like.
Speaker 6: Here's what I didn't like.
Speaker 3: I didn't like.
Speaker 5: I didn't say him he screwed me to some niggas that we knew, that you knew from back win right, And I was clocking mind. It almost felt like fame was on some In my opinion, it almost felt like fame came to him on some COVID ship. Yo, you better watch them niggas kind of ship, right, which that that wasn't the case.
Speaker 3: So that's how I viewed it.
Speaker 5: It was a song. You know what I'm saying it was.
Speaker 1: It was a song. Fictional he just show you say it's a fictional.
Speaker 5: It was a song.
Speaker 1: It was a big guy.
Speaker 12: Fame called me and he was very upset. He was He was like, Yo, this is amazing. I can't believe my man passed away. Fame love Biggie, Biggie love Fame.
Speaker 3: The biggie my friend broke off front.
Speaker 1: That was his friend. I loved Big too, Man love Fame, loved Biggie. And at the end of the day, Biggie passed away.
Speaker 12: We don't know circumstances, but man, that was tragic because I understand that Biggie would still.
Speaker 5: Be a that nigga. Bigga used to drink, motherfucking.
Speaker 3: His first niggas a drink, honey, see with new trement.
Speaker 5: Niggaent drinking.
Speaker 6: I remember that though.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Like this blown you know, lutrement, lutrement, the milky. Yeah, yeah, for real right now, just thinking about.
Speaker 5: I won't I won't go. Come on, I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 3: I got you though, But Nigga, I used to be a nigga crib, you know what I mean, Like like that, that's.
Speaker 4: My before he was big yeah, before your big Wow.
Speaker 3: I know Nigga. I know his baby mother.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. That's how fall.
Speaker 1: That's a free party and bullshit all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Billy I did.
Speaker 5: I didn't know Big like that. That was Fames guy. I tell you how how I did meet him though. Remember back in the days, we used to have jams in the parks and all that ship and down by the projects and ship. And I heard, because you could hear the sound bouncing because we lived the block up it was on Prospect. I heard who I thought was chub Rock Biggie rapped just like chub Rock.
Speaker 1: There the way the voice came, it sounds like it.
Speaker 6: Sounds just like him. So I'm like, oh, ship, chub Rock is in the in the project.
Speaker 5: So I go down the blouse him and Fame standing and it was kind of going kind of you know, having a little sphing ship at the jam. So that's when I first met him, and then obviously getting into the business.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 6: Biggie was opening up for us a lot in the beginning.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, did you just say Biggie was opening up for Yeah, Biggie opened up for the movie.
Speaker 5: That's fine. Wait wait wait nor, I'm just an alcoholic brought the drink. I'm like, did But Big Big used to open up M O P A lot.
Speaker 1: That sounds so dope. Yeah, yeah, that sounds There's no track together we did.
Speaker 3: One joint wasn't our record or his record was with Red Hot Love of Tone.
Speaker 17: Yeah, track masters, you heard that. Man.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you. Big used to get busy, like anywhere the sound system, any fucking DJ ship. I'm talking about my neighborhood. I go to his ship, his neighborhood. This nigga was just grabbed the mic and just fucking go, you know what I mean. So big big bent on this ship way before I had Big fucking I want to say, most are ready to Die before he came, before it even came out even came.
Speaker 1: I love how you made the.
Speaker 7: Look before I had it, before I had because Juicy was like one of the last things that Puff made him put on it, right, So you had it before Juicy was on it that one.
Speaker 18: No Juicy was on it. I had a mixtape nigga mister probably probably had to make no No. There was a lot of records, and he had a lot of.
Speaker 5: Fucking records to joint from from.
Speaker 3: Who's the Man and all, What's the What's the Who's the Man?
Speaker 1: That's yes dreams on it.
Speaker 3: The one originally though it was the original before.
Speaker 4: That Dreams of Office fifties, No dreams dreams.
Speaker 3: It wasn't original.
Speaker 5: There was a versions was on it.
Speaker 3: I'm talking, I'm thinking about.
Speaker 5: Me and my bitch.
Speaker 3: It wasn't original. It was a different beat. I had joints for him at OL d B, Him and O.
Speaker 1: D B and old for Ready to Die originally.
Speaker 3: Before Already got came out.
Speaker 1: Oh, so just joints. He was recording.
Speaker 4: Recording, there's a record with Biggie. Yeah, yeah, I'm not making believe you. I'm just not We're blown away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had some super Brooklyn ship of course, super.
Speaker 3: Begging my man, Bro bigging my man rest in peace, to be damn and to o d B. That's right.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you.
Speaker 7: There was always comparisons with smooth hust On trigger the gambler was and people thought that there was a problem.
Speaker 1: Was there ever a problem with y'all?
Speaker 3: No, never, never a problem. You want to hear something funny, Bro, I went to school, I went to kidd and guard it smoother hustler. It's a picture. It got birthrough the fire bro me w yeah, me little Caribbean nigga church church shoes on being smooth Hustler, kidd of garden loving action number one Fulton Street.
Speaker 5: Nigga's dope. That's how I fall back. We go.
Speaker 3: Shut.
Speaker 7: They was dope. Y'all was dope. I never I mean me from from well Man, I'm like, they just dope. No, people try to like Pinot again.
Speaker 6: That's the media bullshit, right.
Speaker 5: So if the media was just just like, I mean, outside of your niggas drinking like fucking sailors and ship. Right, everything's clean right here, Nigga just asks a question and let you answer it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: But the media they'll try to spend the ship so they could be there could be a problem, right.
Speaker 3: And then the labels them job asked labels too.
Speaker 5: They needed to be a problem so they can create some beef, so they can create some attention, so they could draw some draw some paper, you know what I'm saying. But West Coast really started never know beef was smoothing Trigg. Those those are my guys man, and again like Biggie like, I didn't know them as well as Fame knowing because they was. They was on the other side of the hill, on the other side of Atlantic or whatever, right still on the hill from the other side of on the other side of Atlantic, and Fame Fame was mingling with them for a while before I met them. I met I think I met Smooth at how about some how about some hawk or video shoot. That's when I met him. Always been a good dude.
Speaker 7: I know, the whole Christ, all of them, Grave Grave Christ. I felt was such a dope, like amazing, like all of them. I mean, there's they're still dope.
Speaker 12: Like if you ever say him about back then, you would bring your rapper to a neighborhood and he would battle everybody in that neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Jay Z talked about this. Yes, what happened was everybody. Yeah, I would bring Fame to different neighbor white.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Fame would go and just eviscerate everybody in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And the only other person that I.
Speaker 12: Thought was dope was Smooth the Hustle, Smooth the house was a makes the smooth.
Speaker 3: The Smooth and Trade Christ the whole team up there.
Speaker 1: Man, they was dope. They are dope. So so back then it was this record. It was back and forth.
Speaker 4: But Biggie and Park was like the first time we got to see it get real, right.
Speaker 1: I mean not really No.
Speaker 7: When Cube left n w A, that's ship Lynch Mob and and them that A stually got a little real.
Speaker 3: But okay, that's my favorite ship. So I can't fucking that nigga, all them niggas is my favorite. So I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You know, you remember how that ship that shit got real went crazy with Lynch Mob when he was the Lynch Mob and then and.
Speaker 1: Against against n W A easy and then that ship got crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like I said, I'm all my favorites, so I don't want to, you know what i mean, speak on his speak on the right.
Speaker 4: But what was how was it affected like because you know, me being then inside outside of inside of backing out, did it change Brooklyn Because I just remember me being overseas Biggie's funeral. But I remember watching it whatever version of live stream, it was right, and I remember just like in Brooklyn just felt like, first off, Brooklyn supported him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was like one of the.
Speaker 1: Most illous things that I've seen. But did it feel like Brooklyn took a hit at that time?
Speaker 3: Of course? Definitely, definitely definitely took a hit.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was the biggest rap artists at the time, right that that really had Brooklyn on his back. You know what I'm saying. It really represented Brooklyn man. So it was it was hard, bro It was really a hit. The Fulton Street was like flooded, like flooded, you know what I mean. Everybody came out and to support miss Wallace and you know what I mean, and the kids and you know faith, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But it was it was a it was a rough one. It was a rough one, bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was rough for Brooklyn, bro, like, uh, just just because well not just because, but just me. For me, just seeing my nigga just come from come from from there like where I'm at, right and this niggas fucking living, this nigga taking his family, nigga on his feet.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest rapping in the world.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, big hit.
Speaker 3: But the law from Brooklyn was so fucking that shoot because like we get busy, hang lot of you, but that's that nigga. Bro.
Speaker 5: He actually fucking made it.
Speaker 3: This nigga did it. So it was you know what I mean, that was the hit right there, like damn the fuck, how the fuck?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And that tough that was. That was tough. I was tough. That was tough. And any any.
Speaker 6: Not not just hip hop, but any life period losses is tough.
Speaker 1: Young life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, young.
Speaker 2: It was like getting how young? Yeah, these people were losing their lives.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's horrible, senseless. I feel like you know what I mean, did I meet No, I never smoke, Okay, I never met him. I never met him, Okay, I never met him.
Speaker 1: You about to say so, no, no, no, I don't know pop smoke, yeah, yeah, recipes y rest of the Peace.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Definitely.
Speaker 5: I love what he's still for. Yeah, because right down away from us, ten minutes away from us, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I love what he represented and everything. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Little Boosie say he thinks that California is the murder capital for rappers.
Speaker 5: I ain't speaking to that, bro, No, I think America. Yeah, America the murder capital for rappers.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right.
Speaker 1: They murdered man in Europe.
Speaker 5: Let me let me say, well, a couple couple of things did happen, but that right, like for rappers, right all the if they're trying to they're putting everything on hip hop or rap right like this ain't have nothing to do with the music, you know what I mean. These kids, these kids dying like this in the street, don't have nothing to do with the music. There's somebody poking their fucking chests out. Because you know, once you say something on IG like it's like when I see such and such. The truth is once IG, once your live go off, you got enough time to think, right and niggas ain't no fucking animals. We all know some some you know, we know some some people that done did some ship, but even them, niggas ain't no killers, you know what I'm saying. So when you have the time to think, you really don't want to do this shit, but you done set it on ig So now when you see them, you're gonna fuck around and drop him.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Now his family's future is altered, Your family's future is altered. Everybody's fucked up. But it comes all the way back to hip hop. Right. They blame the whole shit on hip hop rapper local rap' and I'm the I'm I'm I'm happy, right. I call it this thing of ours, this hip hop thing of ours. I'm happy to see young niggas, you know, making money like our people, right, because this is the only shit that belonged to us.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: You could take the sports franchises, you could take the fucking billion dollar tech companies, and together collectively, the motherfuckers ain't been able to secure as many homes in the urban community as hip hop has.
Speaker 6: Right, So this thing of ours is serious.
Speaker 5: So I'm happy about the young dudes making money and all that shit. Right, But everybody's not a rapper, right and I'm not and I'm not saying they can't rap. But if a nigga ain't officially a rapper, why do you got to be called a rapper?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: So when you win, you going on the news.
Speaker 5: Just like local rapper such and such got shot at such as. It's like everybody that gets.
Speaker 1: Shot because I'm trying to rap.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to take it from I hope everybody get on that, you know, and get their blessings.
Speaker 6: But stop pointing that ship, that hip hop man.
Speaker 3: That ship ain't think.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: For realm nothing to do with the music. And let me let me ask you something. At one point when you were a rapper, the drug dealers protected you. The police officers didn't give you tickets. Like at one point, at one point, you're proud to say I'm a rapper. Right now, I'll get pulled over. I want to say I'm a drug dealer. Like like I get like, what the fuck officer? Yeah, I sell cracked, you know what I mean? Like I like what, oh yeah, I was on the playing first class.
Speaker 1: It's like, what do you do? I was like, I sell cracking. Just that's what they wanted anyway, that's what they wanted to hear it.
Speaker 4: But but I remember, you remember, really at one point you could say you're a rapper. That was a respectable profession. Everybody that, the local drug dealers, everybody, the police officers. Now you if you get pulled over, you say you're a rapper, they say, I'm checking.
Speaker 1: You for guns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: But that was our era.
Speaker 5: That was our our heyday, right, Like, I don't know how many times I got pulled over and got flat.
Speaker 6: With a warning or some ship, or I got pulled up like I used to.
Speaker 3: Keep a motherfucking magazine in my car.
Speaker 5: I had no license, they pull over me.
Speaker 1: Right work, mother sau was your license? I don't like I got my passport. I was doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, take my card, bro, holy ship. So let's talk about when death becomes you.
Speaker 3: Ah good joint. I remember Fifth sending it over. We were in D and D.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was in was in D and D when he sent it over. Yeah, beat was fire the feel, you know, I mean, because he was you know, his hook game was so on point, especially then he was like fucking chill a hook. So I don't even know. I don't know who produced to be, but easy record to do, you know what I mean. We was we was in gear as I said, we were in the studio anyway. So he sent it over, banged it out real quick. That's when we were first shot in the G Unit. That's when we first shot the G unit. He sent that joint. Yeah. I didn't even think we had signed at that point. I think we were just kind of shaking it a little bit. Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know, we was bobbing with each of them. So no matter of fact he's said he said, like two joints, joints. Yeah, it's like two or three joints. And that was that was That was one of the That was one own. Okay, that's one of my favorite records. That ship is fire, Yeah is fire. Now we got to go back to Cold Dice.
Speaker 7: That you I didn't realize that you produced it, And that's, to me is one of the Illis records out there.
Speaker 1: Uh the samples foreigner, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: Actually, down here somewhere, I was managing this group may Day and we was renting a spot from the Son of the Dude from Foreigner, the dude.
Speaker 4: Chris John Ross. Is it.
Speaker 3: Chris Jones?
Speaker 1: Who is it Chris Jones Records? Yeah, I don't know, but it was due from Foreigner.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, and I mean when he when I found out, I was just all I thought about was that record.
Speaker 3: One day, me and lady we got to meet up at Relativity Records. I love.
Speaker 1: Just be looking at you like y'all ready to compete.
Speaker 3: We've been over there and ship and they said, I told you, I'm a fucking nerve. I see a fucking pile of records right in the in the rain, in the rain, in the rain is rain and ship. You know, niggas love a nigga trashy my mother fucking treasure, you know what I mean. Some ship so throwing in plastic bag, some niggas. You got, some niggas that go fucking record shopping and all this ship, that ship. I have done it too.
Speaker 5: I have done it too.
Speaker 3: But I like to be surprised. I like to just go through ship and find fine, shouldn't just be surprised. I don't know who the fuck made it, you know what I mean? I just write down who made the record, you know what I mean? My files. Anyway, I found this record in the rain. I take it home. I take you home. Fucking throw out the fucking records. Let it throw out, you know what I mean. I put that ship on and I find cold as ice, you know what I mean. Now this when I first got my machine, I'm going crazy my home. I got my new apartment. Nigga, what machine fucking hard NC three thousand and see two thousand. I got my turnch head with my fucking little equalized all that ship, I throw that ship all brow. I put that bitch together. This floppy this day's nigga foppery.
Speaker 1: Are terrible time. Yeah, we had a load. You had to load up.
Speaker 3: But I found that a mother fucker in the rain. Bro And then the weird story is the form of the dude.
Speaker 5: I met him.
Speaker 3: I finally met him face to face and ship and I told him the same story I heard myself tell him the story.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh, Ship, I should I.
Speaker 3: Should have told him my family recording and the race was right there on sixth Avenue. Is what it is?
Speaker 1: You know, back to line you brought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he showed up to the video and everything too well.
Speaker 5: We did two videos for it.
Speaker 3: Though the first video showed up to it. Yeah, let's take it, let's record.
Speaker 1: It's a little yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Then you go, yo, jesus, I didn't know you produced that though, Yeah, ship produced that.
Speaker 1: Produce for other people, other people you produced. You did all record that we did together.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: You should know Google it has Google it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we was all drunk, back to drunk like ridiculous.
Speaker 1: True, why did you say you did it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Was it the off? Was it the off period?
Speaker 5: It sounds like it could have a d'all bounce to it though, right, you should know your fucking.
Speaker 1: You know, not for nothing, but but you got he's got Google. But not for nothing. A CNN m P tour album, album and tour will be great.
Speaker 4: Would love to do that, would be that?
Speaker 5: Would do that?
Speaker 1: Maybe EP whatever, just something and a tour.
Speaker 3: And a tour joint you did anytime, bro, I would love to do.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear.
Speaker 4: The record is so long. And like I said, when I was going through this once, I called y'all because I.
Speaker 1: Wanted people to know.
Speaker 3: I called m O P. I wanted m O P.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean that that takes nothing away from me as a man. This is what I wanted wanted to do. This, this is what we wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're gonna take the years that we've all been.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying recently recently recently, I was just like, you know what, you know, we see you at the BET Awards, Yeah, ago, yep, And I remember making sure I had the right numbers, and I was just like, yo, I just I just really really really wanted to do this.
Speaker 1: But I hadn't heard the record, so I've been living. I didn't hear it so long.
Speaker 3: I just heard it today.
Speaker 4: When when discovering your discography, I just instinctively didn't want to hear that record because I wanted to hear y'all.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be about y'all. But then when I came here and it was crazy.
Speaker 4: The minute we actually played, I was like, yo, let's hear the record that me and Compone got with them, And then they said, yomp just drove up and I was just like, oh, ship, that's exactly how life works. Like like we was listening to your whole other ship before that. But then as y'all drive up, it's that record, and I was like, you know what, I still wouldn't wanted.
Speaker 1: To film the video out here if we were to do it.
Speaker 3: We gotta be in, we gotta go back.
Speaker 7: We got it, we got it, and I to be honest, you know, we play music before the the guest gets here. We're playing the vibe. Yeah, we had method not too long ago, a couple of a couple of weeks ago, a week ago, and we was playing all wu Tan myth joints and we was yo. The energy was good and you guys matched that energy which we hadn't felt in a while, like that energy listening to the.
Speaker 1: To the guest music before they got here.
Speaker 4: And then you got to remember, like for me, anybody that came up before me, it's like I wanted to match that energy.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do that.
Speaker 4: And man, you guys are true legends. Man, you got really really icons. Thank you guys, really deserved these flowers.
Speaker 5: Same to you, bro.
Speaker 4: You know, list listen, believe about you because because this is sincerely you know, necessary, and it's sincerely deserved.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, It's deserved, man, Like in a lot of ways.
Speaker 4: You know that two man group ship you know from EPM D. I loved how you gave us to epm D. But that's we're all a part of that ship, you know what I mean. We're all me, epm D, you guys, Mob Dug, you know, dog Pound. There's a three man group thing too, and this big of the migos and it's big.
Speaker 1: Up the locks.
Speaker 4: But it's something special about a two man group. I always used to say. Sometimes I was like, Yo, me and Capone got this is as much fucking personality as fucking nine niggas in Wu Tang, Like it's the same fucking kind of like hardness, like how to get them nine niggas together? Sometimes me and Compone was on a different level so much that it might have felt like it was nine people of us, you know what I mean. The one thing I always love about y'all is I never heard of room a one time that.
Speaker 1: Me and Compone fell out.
Speaker 4: This this documented of Havoc saying certain things about Prodigy. There's never nothing documented about y'all too.
Speaker 5: Na we because we don't first of all, like again, like we're not a rap group. We just happen to know how to do this ship, you know what I mean, And we we do it together. But most people are really like put together. I don't I don't know you and you and poem story, right, Like I know where you're from and I know where he's from. I don't know if y'all mingled as kids or whatever or right right, So okay, cool, so younger, but right, still two different hoods, right, I don't know the full mob deep story.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know everybody's story. I just know our story, you know what I'm saying. Like we just we're not a rap group. So even if rap didn't happen, we would still be hanging out together because we started out like that, you know what I'm saying. So so it's it's it's much different. It's not like everybody else, you know what I mean. That's what's really unique about in MOP because you go yo, your lyrics is crazy and nigga, it's only a certain amount of words in the English language.
Speaker 3: Nigga, So.
Speaker 5: Funk all of that. This is like real ship right here. This is not no put together ship. And I'm not trying to disrespect anybody else. I'm just.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I'm giving it up for.
Speaker 1: One of the craziest things in my career.
Speaker 4: Was seeing people get married to my music and the fouless version of my music. To be able to see somebody get married to your music.
Speaker 3: Or I'm not saying I've got I have gotten requests for fucking per form of that open.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 5: We were talking to.
Speaker 3: I'm good. We don't do ship well one we did one in Long Island. Oh yeah, just not even was like a reception.
Speaker 5: Was tell me, tell me go on it was. It was long Allen. I don't I forget what kind of venue it was. But and Sticky was out there, too, Sticky.
Speaker 1: So this figure had m O P and he figures for man's wedther whoever he is, he's gully like a moment. It might have been. It might have been seen a lady, you said, he It might have been.
Speaker 5: Right right now.
Speaker 3: But damn that.
Speaker 5: Nothing else like no, no, I mean you know, Weiga was playing uh Andy up in the White House and ship like that.
Speaker 3: The Knights did that, which was wow. He told the story of house playing.
Speaker 5: Naomi Campbell walked up on him while he was spinning at the White House and he goes, She goes, dude.
Speaker 3: Trying to I'm trying trying to dude, we got.
Speaker 5: She's like, yo, why are you playing it so safe? Like play that ship? Like she from she from London, so she's on at ship. So he just threw the ship on and the White House, the White House went up, you know what I'm saying. So, which was great, you know what I'm saying that something like for some ship like that to happen, rather it was a mistake or not.
Speaker 2: No, that shows you where hip hop has gone exactly exactly, So.
Speaker 4: You're telling me Naomi Campbell came up to d Nice in the White House.
Speaker 1: Yes, has said play and he said, I don't know. He must have been playing.
Speaker 4: I don't know, some kind of cool music but shout the broad So you got handy up played in the White House.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, let me let me say something. We're a fucking big deal.
Speaker 19: Okay, definitely, we definitely got to get shot to that mother big.
Speaker 5: Deal but still not cocky, still grounded, you know, yeah, but being able to come from Brownsville and travel the world five times, bro, you know, like where we're from, like these areas, give me five time, thumber niggas, we're going we travel a lot, bro, so so to do so to come from where we come from, to be able to travel like this and live live out our dream like you know what I'm saying that that's what makes me rich.
Speaker 3: Right when when I see people on the.
Speaker 5: They start talking about as well, some other law has got more money than you and didn't understand how rich I am.
Speaker 1: How are you going to be?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. All the tuitions got paid, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, So we're good like I was.
Speaker 4: I was like I was saying that earlier, and I was saying that, you know, uh uh, my friend mention like I've really been all around the world, like I've really been in it, and most of the time, like I said earlier, was I didn't document it because I just felt like it was going to be here for the rest of my life.
Speaker 6: Well, it wasn't this easy either, right.
Speaker 1: Right, we didn't have those It was easy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I remember chasing around fucking what's the first ship we Gavin the Gavin, Right, I remember chasing.
Speaker 4: The convention, the Gavin Convention, chasing around m.
Speaker 3: C eight with a fucking disposable camera. I thought in m C eight with the doper yellow.
Speaker 1: Hard point about it was it was me.
Speaker 5: I chased this thing around the whole never got the picture though I chased him around the whole convention that whole fucking time. Never got the picture. But yeah, we didn't have you know, we didn't have access like we do now.
Speaker 1: Big up to lady.
Speaker 3: He tried to go to that door. I never even knew that was a door.
Speaker 1: He tried.
Speaker 20: Right now, take another, get in the next, lady, don't do that on my way around bro around, Broke, you can.
Speaker 4: Tell you a professional drinker, you can drink that water. He know the balance, you know the balance.
Speaker 1: What is what is something that shocked you in the business.
Speaker 4: I know earlier we said I talked about the jay Z and Dane Dash thing and how you said you knew the rock when it is a pebble, and so you didn't want to kind of.
Speaker 1: Do business when you say that. Is this any other thing that shocked you in this business?
Speaker 3: Not not really like that.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest thing that that kind of threw me off in the business. Everything else, like because I, like I said, everybody's a snake until they prove in different, you know what I'm saying. So if I don't know a person, I'm always I'm always got you know, it's always the worst thought in my head first, So nobody can surprise me when a nigga does some under handed shit. I'm not surprised nigga, you know what I'm saying. And I'm definitely the kind of person that there's no second chances with me.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's too dangerous to give a nigga a second chance, you know what I mean. So once we got a problem, and it don't gotten to be no no bullshit where it's turning into that. But once you show me that I can't trust you, it's over right. But how could you trust the motherfucker that can't be trusted?
Speaker 3: Like? What make you that?
Speaker 5: Specially that he's gonna change changes stripes, you know what I'm saying. So in order to keep my ass out of prison or somebody knocking me to funk off or somebody fucking me over over some money and me getting into unnecessary, unnecessary beef, I just cut him off.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's the second chances.
Speaker 4: Well, I think what you describing, it's called integrity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got the words now a little bit.
Speaker 1: Just I don't know, Yeah, yeah, spelling them now, I don't know toll that okay, But how did you develop that sort of integrity well to be through experience?
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely through experience and and and the way I grew up. So so the world know me and fame, right, but there's there's more parts to m O P like back, that's that's what man, okay, William.
Speaker 3: William Man, I know.
Speaker 5: My ship. So we a group of guys that grew up together in the middle of I wack, right in the middle of the bullshit. Right, every hood has this, right, there's always some bullshit on them, but we had to kind of protect each other and hold each other down, like I started from a young young age. So and this helps me with the way I go through life, Like I don't want to deal with a motherfucker that I can't trust me. I don't want to deal with somebody that I can't rely on, you know what I mean. And I'm never gonna let a motherfucker do something to me that I wouldn't do to them, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 5: So if it's you and I, right, if I call you for something, I feel like I can call you because I know if you call me, nigga, I'm right there. That's the only reason why IM gonna call you right, because there's nowhere in the fuck I can't let nobody do something to me or handle me in the way that I won't handle them. So that's you know I grew up. That's that's how I grew up. Like you respect people, you know what I mean, And and and people gave you that respect. Or you treat a person how they should be treated.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You treat a person is the right way, and they're gonna treat you the right way. Now if you don't, that's you know what I'm saying. Now, you think about the beef with the dude across town. Like the dude across town, I expect him to do some ship to me. But the nigga next to me right.
Speaker 4: Right, you see what I'm saying, he's supposed to hold it down exactly.
Speaker 5: That's why you get the funk away from that before you alter your kids future, right, because you're gonna either to kill this think you're gonna kill you, so let me get the funk out of it.
Speaker 6: So integrity is really important, brother, It's really important.
Speaker 4: The other day, I'm having a conversation about drill music and about to participate in it. I got a shot shot coming from me, and you have one more shot, one more drill and drill.
Speaker 1: They're saying that they're making records, these negative records, but they're actually living.
Speaker 3: Them out right.
Speaker 4: So I found myself in a conversation and I had to shut the fuck up because they're like, it's their lyrics and this is all us and I was just like, oh shit, Like who the fuck am I to comment.
Speaker 1: On these young dudes lyrics and they're living.
Speaker 5: It out and we do the same shiit, same ship. Bro.
Speaker 1: I might have been war report you wanted to go there, but but that's true.
Speaker 4: It's like, how can I critique them when I might be their fathers, at be a minimum, their stepfather, right right right, Oh you're their father's right.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to job music. They got nothing happy at all.
Speaker 4: Your niggas is going to see y'all smile and living this life now. But listening to your music, it.
Speaker 1: Was like, do y'all feel beat up? Listening to the music? Do y'all feel because I.
Speaker 3: Mean, we are all kind of I say, everybody, man, I got I got my little kid, bro, this little Quashine. I love you, bro. This little nigga. When I was going through my ship, right, this little motherfucker kept me alive.
Speaker 1: You heard me, kept listening to Huh he was listening to music.
Speaker 3: No, no, you listen to all that ship. Well, I'm saying I was.
Speaker 1: Living for him.
Speaker 3: He was living you know what I mean. I was living through him. And at the same time, he knows ships, he know us, he knows people, you know whatever. Whatever, I got him on the right track. I kept him on the right track. I'm like, nigga, you're not walking. I walked. That's the whole purpose. I've been through that ship. So I'm gonna protect you and I'm gonna guard you right. You got me fire and I kept this little nigga on the right track, you know what I mean. And that's why I was supposed to do so, I think. So. My whole point is saying that it comes from the home. Bro. Parents got to put that into the fucking kids. Let them know, I don't care what you listen to. Have your fun. This nigga know everything.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't matter what they listen to. It shouldn't matter.
Speaker 5: You know, you can't bring that your home you know what I mean. I'm gonna keep you focused. Don't be no punk either, you know what I mean. But you ain't gotta be out here like that. And this little nigga is so good to me, you know what I mean. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I felt I did good with that, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So they come from the parents.
Speaker 5: That's my whole point.
Speaker 3: Great great man, come from home. That's my whole Yeah. Yeah, thank you, brother, get that.
Speaker 5: Hey, So I don't.
Speaker 6: It's definitely not the music, though, bro.
Speaker 4: Because let me let me ask you, because I know this might be a little touchy situation, but we had specially let on here, especially as said that n w A was led to the destruction of black people a lot of people.
Speaker 5: I think he said the music to the music, Yeah, he said the m instructure of the music industry.
Speaker 1: Right, what do you say, remember exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, please correct me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't black people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's what I got out of it. I mean, I don't, I don't, I don't, Okay. So I thought about this too when I when I saw him say it. I think because he was there at that time, he was ed was there. We weren't there we weren't there wasn't there were aren't there. So you're saying he saw the shift, We didn't see it. We were just enjoying n w A. We were enjoying special. We were enjoying everything else, the good music, the happy music, the party music, whatever. He saw the shift, we didn't see that, So you know what I'm saying. So I still feel the same way about n w A that I did when I first heard him. That's the ship, you know what I'm saying. It didn't make me go. I mean, they were saying fuck the police, but I've always said the police before they said police.
Speaker 1: But my point is, you got a sippy, it don't count you.
Speaker 6: To My point is my point is.
Speaker 5: Because I said the police before I even heard them say fuck the police, you know what I'm saying, So they didn't make me say.
Speaker 1: I think he was going into a deeper because the surface of it.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is because he was there, that's why he had to feel. Neither one of us was there, you know what I'm saying. We weren't an artist at the time, so we don't know.
Speaker 3: What he said.
Speaker 1: We were just to do that.
Speaker 4: I was the quietest I've ever been on drink Champs because I did not know. I didn't know how to debate him, refute him, or.
Speaker 1: Well he was.
Speaker 7: He was so much in his conviction that both of us were just like, let's let him be. Let him live in his conviction.
Speaker 3: Like you said, I don't know he was there.
Speaker 7: Bro, but it feels like so much more to unpacked from just throwing that out there.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: But what I mean what I mean by he was there, he was an artist at the time. So if the shift, if he felt the effect of the shift, he felt it. Us as fans, we didn't feel it.
Speaker 1: I was a kid, kid, We're all kids. It's like you said, I said for the police, but I was saying for the holies before.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I mean and and and especially as some title to everybody his truth, whatever his truth is truth, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: In the West Coast to lose and.
Speaker 5: I like I say, I say, I say das or get on the joint, well on a on a live or whatever and talk to him about it. But yeah, I think it's just just his feeling, you know what I'm saying, of being in the business at the time and watch the whole shift.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, it affected him.
Speaker 1: I think we could all understand what he was trying to say. Yeah, what he was saying.
Speaker 7: But I just feel like it's too simplistic of a thing to say when it's so more complex than n w A.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I'm saying, There's so much more. You can't just put it on n w A.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Maybe you should have said it different, right, which is what he's saying, sort of explanation about it.
Speaker 2: Why, which which might be. To be honest with you, I don't want to put it on special. I want to put it on us.
Speaker 7: We should have expanded, We should have We should have and you know what I should We should have said, well, let's let's converse about this, let's let's have more of a dialogue on it.
Speaker 4: Was the other websites grabbed that, of course, and then they yeah, we didn't. We didn't just said that, right, we just said that on the website.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't want the media bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we didn't promote that.
Speaker 4: And the reason why we didn't address that and say that that wasn't our headline is because like there's so many things of our show, like this, this footage of Little Wayne sniffing coke on our show, the way he sniff excuse me, what do you say? I was about to say the way he said that. No, yeah, but no, this is what this is what exactly what happened. Lil Wayne put his asses out, I know. And when he put his asses out, he went like this, oh yeah, and when he did that, people reversed it the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I forget it. It didn't look like he was like this, and I was just like, whoa, I even feel I said, did this happen? You know, we're drunk, we don't remember. Oh ship.
Speaker 4: Of Floyd Maywell, who's my favorite box of all times? And they they spelling goat the wrong way? G A, oh that that was a they did some day they did that, and I'm looking and I'm like, I always wanted to correct that because I was like, yo, like Floyd or Wayne didn't kind if I have to address one room, I got to address them all. So that's the reason why yeah, yeah, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The thing is is nobody takes the time to watch the original source. So like even with the specialized situation, like go watch the whole interview and then discuss it, but don't take a clip clip. They're gonna clip it to the moment that it's gonna entice you to have a moment with it. And then everybody starts, go watch the whole ship.
Speaker 2: Promotion and that's what and we all we all enjoyed my right. So it's kind of crazy when it's used against us. You know what I'm saying, I.
Speaker 3: Got it, I got it.
Speaker 4: It's so about who got gun?
Speaker 6: Oh what a record?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Gang Star? Not real life?
Speaker 1: He said, well the record right game? Yes, yeah, yeah, to think about it. Let me.
Speaker 3: Gang Star featuring m O. P and Fat Joe.
Speaker 5: I remember coming in the studio not knowing that we were going to be doing a record. But when I walk in the studio, prem go, I need to get y'all on this record. Press play. Yeah for me, it's so dope playing like this fire Fire. I think Joe was actually at the studio too. He had studio ladies, Ladies verse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. But when Joe's first come on.
Speaker 1: Fire, first time.
Speaker 5: Show game stupid, stupid, but his voice is so dope. I'm a music nigga bro. His voice is so dope. And then Guru Google got probably one of the dopest voices ever in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Effort, Effort. Who was the drinker too?
Speaker 3: He wasn't nothing to funk.
Speaker 1: He was serious, he was he was the first drink.
Speaker 6: He was the first drink, one of the originals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, just the on a DJ premiere be like, you can't you can't go wrong from from public right from the public opinion, like m O P on the DJ premiere beat. Guru is perfect for fact joe who represents everything.
Speaker 3: That just a lot for me. For me, it was just a line up with Joey, Joey and Guru on the record because Joey like we used to when Nigga when we're talking about how about some hardcore days nigga, you know them them Turcht squad niggas ship Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But not right right right.
Speaker 3: Hawaiian.
Speaker 1: But but we connect, we never clash, like.
Speaker 3: Every time we show each other love, you know what I mean. So just knowing that, so I always want to be on the record with Joey and then then Google, you know, that's that's you know, that's the heart. So that ship came out amazing. That's a that's the dope record. We have that record. We've been doing that record in the m O P set for the last ten years. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: Would you guys consider yourself official unofficial d I T c.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, because you're so official.
Speaker 3: Without being in the group official, because I love you.
Speaker 5: Show this next shout out to show it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Ye down one of the best cruising hip hop.
Speaker 5: That's all found.
Speaker 3: Media. Family, big big piece of Joe Joe yeah, healthy Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: You can't call on fat Joe.
Speaker 5: You can't family, right.
Speaker 7: You guys are a part of all of it. You guys were doing these records with all these guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and we loved it. Man. It was a great time, right like we it was a good time in hip hop music.
Speaker 5: Man. It wasn't We had our competition, but it was fromly competition, right Like when I heard when I heard that what what what what nigga, I was like this, nigga.
Speaker 4: Wait wait finished, But let me tell you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I said it in an intro.
Speaker 5: But I drink.
Speaker 1: And I don't even drink like that clashes.
Speaker 3: I got to do got to do it.
Speaker 4: I want to tell y'all as a man here, y'all, I know it changed Mob Deep ho juvenile Health, how think. Wow, they changed their whole ship. That's a big deal and that's in my opinion. And we kind of follow Mob Deep. So in a lot of ways. If it wasn't for m P, the wouldn't be a Mob Deep, and it wasn't for a Mob Deep, it would be a compon, and it wasn't for a component of RDE, it would wouldn't be a Drink Champs. Wow, y'all, y'all, anytime you want to promote anything like I sincerely and I reached out to both of you brothers. I was so excited. I'm so I am still so. I don't hate no artiststen, don't make me pull out. I got old text mission bill going back years. Let's go on Drink Champs. But listen, I don't speak to no artists because I just I don't like before the show because I just want them to come in and organic. You're probably the first ones I.
Speaker 1: Just was hitting like you're good, make sure you're good, you.
Speaker 4: Want any drinks, any specific thing, because I really wanted to do this interview the best to our ability because it's not And like I said, y'all are my friends, but it's not because y'are my friends. It's because y'all deserve this ship. Y'all deserve this.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: You gotta deserve the love, deserve the respect, and like I told you earlier, it takes nothing away from me to give y'all the exact do props that y'all deserve, and y'all really do deserve this. Before we get up out of here, what's the next for MOP? We know Michael Rockport is shooting the documentary.
Speaker 3: You got a nice establishment up here, right, thank you?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but tell us what's not to fuck me up? I'm going to flip this upation from so what's next?
Speaker 4: Form ob Man?
Speaker 1: Tell us more before we get.
Speaker 3: About more touring? Right next month, were back.
Speaker 5: We're back overseas and like Fame said, which is really more important that the studio just started back working.
Speaker 6: With the organ the whole album Fame with justin the studio.
Speaker 5: With the last week, we pull it together, we build it, you show it's coming together, you build it up.
Speaker 3: I think I think an M O P.
Speaker 6: Album right now is it's needed it's needed, it's needed.
Speaker 5: I do gotta say this though, and I'm okay, Like we're okay with where we are in our life, but when it comes to us making music, like as fans like I need if you're gonna if you're gonna say you support, I need you to support. Right, if you're gonna say you support, I need you to support. I mean, it takes a lot for us to write records, right, take it a lot for us to get them done.
Speaker 3: We gotta go get them done. We've gotta put the work in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put the most amazing record together that you that you can put it out, get the you know, you get to get the uh the promo and all that situated, get the video done, put it out, and all you're gonna give me is a fucking fire e mooji. I'm gonna a little more than that a little more so if you're gonna support, support, you know what I'm saying. So we'll definitely get all that mop album blessed.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production and association with Interval Presents, hosts and executive producers n O. R E and DJ E FN from Interval Presents Executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 7: Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com