Speaker 1: They just sit there and they're like, this sucks. It's like it's not just funny. I'm like, you're fucking right, be this and you're right, but this fucking sucks and it's so cathartic.
Speaker 2: And that's yeah, that's the whole beauty of comedy.
Speaker 3: More Better, Better, Hello, and welcome to More Better, a podcast where we stop pretending to have it all together and embrace the journey of becoming a little more.
Speaker 4: Better every day, or we're at least trying to. That's all right, that's most of the Marrow and that's Stephanie Beatrice.
Speaker 5: And today on the pod, we have a very special guest. Chelsea Party is going to be joining us today. Look, we already recorded that part. And let me just tell you, she's so fucking funny, she's so fantastic. We're so beside ourselves that she had the time to.
Speaker 6: Come on and talk with us. And we're going to talk about comedy.
Speaker 5: That's what we're talking about today, because we're always trying to get more better at comedy.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, so please enjoy.
Speaker 4: Actress, comedian, writer, director, musician, host a her own podcasts.
Speaker 6: A million thanks, and she's a genius.
Speaker 4: She's literally one of the greats. Literally literally, we're just going to jump right into it. So yeah, here it is.
Speaker 1: More better.
Speaker 5: On today's episode, we're talking about being funny, and we have a step by sup guide for you, steps one through twenty, and I hope, I hope that you're listening and taking notes. Chelsea Peretti's here on the pod.
Speaker 4: You guys, guys, heyoe yay, thanks for thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 5: What we wanted to talk to Chelsea about today was how much we all hate our kids. No, we want to talk about We want to talk about comedy with Chelsea because we both think that she's exceptionally gifted at it, one of the greats.
Speaker 1: I started crying. If I started crying for twenty minutes right now, that.
Speaker 2: Feels like.
Speaker 6: It would be good.
Speaker 2: You heard that one. We just cried for one compliment.
Speaker 6: Compliment. It was wild.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, Melissa and I and Chelsea were on a show called Brooklyn nine nine, which was a comedy series, and that's how we met each other.
Speaker 6: Were you you were at my hall back or screen test something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely cross paths in that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you remember how they had a makeup artist for us there. God, really, really, you just got a makeup artist. I didn't get that. Here's why I suspect she was there because we're ugly. We're ugly, as.
Speaker 2: They were like bringing makeup.
Speaker 4: If this monster is gonna have any shot in television, we're gonna need a professional covering up this acne. I think, honestly, I think that's why I think was so insane that they were like.
Speaker 6: Running jump at it at least, like.
Speaker 2: Remember makeup. I'm sure I arrived in full makeup.
Speaker 5: I was in a full face and they were like, yeah, sit down here for makeup, and I was like, what is going on? This is crazy? And I looked way better when she was done with me. But that's before. I feel like that was before everybody knew how to do their makeup, you know what I mean? Like, I feel like there was a time when I really didn't know what I was doing at all, and now I look gorgeous at.
Speaker 6: All times right now.
Speaker 5: Truly, facts, we're going to talk about comedy in a roundabout way.
Speaker 6: So if you were expecting a twenty step situation, that's not what this is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I really thought it was I thought you did have that list. I think we could make it up.
Speaker 6: Let's start with.
Speaker 5: Who was the funniest person you knew when you were like, what is the first memory of you have of somebody being like really funny to you?
Speaker 1: Gosh, that's a good question, right, Well, I know one thing is that watching I Love Lucy at my daycare.
Speaker 2: So I used to go to this daycare and it's black and.
Speaker 1: White, right, yeah, it's black and white, and I was eating sugar cereal. I would and the lady at the who ran the daycare was like a chain smoker, and I would just sit and watch I Love Lucy and I thought it was so funny. That's what's always been amazing to me when people like every ten years are like, women can't be funny?
Speaker 2: Can they be funny? Are women funny?
Speaker 1: And it's so dumb, like, but you literally can find articles about this and people wontificating if it's possible, and it's like, wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, there was all the sitcom dude, like the weird the whole point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, but I just I mean, it is crazy. Lucille Ball was so funny and it was an interracial relationship, you know, It's like, I just feel like it's so weird how things can be edgy and then.
Speaker 2: It's like all forgotten when I know later or something.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I would agree with you that. Uh.
Speaker 5: It feels so stupid to be having still having these conversations where you're like, are they was.
Speaker 2: Too many women in the cass The Carras Show. Would people be interested? It's like Murphy Brown.
Speaker 5: Fucking dumbasses, Carol Burnett, you know, Rose come on, idiots.
Speaker 1: Like Tisha Campbell. I mean, Tusa Campbell was so funny on Martin. I just feel like married with children.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh my god, there's been so many.
Speaker 6: There's so many, there's been so many.
Speaker 2: Obviously, I don't know why I've started off on this.
Speaker 6: I love it. This is how we're talking about it. I mean, like one of your sounds, like one of.
Speaker 5: Your earliest memories of thinking something was funny is also connected to this like current idea of like the misogynistic, shitty way that men often think about women in.
Speaker 6: Just period, like can they do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And also just like I mean that's funny. It's like, was the Saleball's character likable?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily you know, Oh my gosh, she was always scheming and dreaming. I loved it. I always loved when she would be trying to get into Ricky's.
Speaker 4: Shows and shit, so bad, such a bad singer, such a bad like generally like not a good uh not really a great homemaker, constantly like hiding, like how much money she was spending.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, he was like like on the edge of abusive, like screaming at her, and like, but he was so hot. He was so hot. And you know what hotness counts for a lot, you guys, It does me.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing that's that's a shame. Anyway, That's why I know how to do my makeup now, because hotness counts.
Speaker 6: For a lot. Okay, Melissa, what was yours?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: When was your earliest memory of somebody being really funny? Like when you mean, like this is funny?
Speaker 6: Coincidentally, I think it was also I Love Lucy.
Speaker 4: I remember staying up as late as a kid for night nickd Night, and it was I Love Lucy. It was I dream of Geeniet too, and cheers, cheers too and cheers and those are like my very first memories of just watching something and going, oh my god, this is so funny.
Speaker 6: And good and hustling around with her little tray and her little yress. My god, the props.
Speaker 4: And then I think I also had, like I have, I have funny family members, Like people in my you know, my mom's side of the family. There's a lot of cousins and they would all come over for Christmas Eve, and you know, these are like New York Cubans who all married New York Italians and Irish and like and and everyone just like kind of like busting each other's balls and like making fun of each other and roasting each other, and like explains.
Speaker 6: A lot about you right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone roasting each other is funny and that, you know, And that was like an early introduction I think for me of like that kind of humor and also of it like being like a weird like love sign too, Like you only do that with people you love, you know. You don't do that to people you don't let you don't know, and especially if you don't like them, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was like a family thing that, you know.
Speaker 4: I never really till I got old, or tried to do that with friends or anything.
Speaker 5: It was just like the family. Yeah, I think that's what about you stuff. I can specifically remember.
Speaker 6: My father.
Speaker 5: My dad didn't really take care of his teeth very well, and so he had like a bridge which is basically like a piece in the front, and he would take it out and like run around the house after us and like make like weird faces and be like, you know, like with his tongue like poking out through and it was so funny to me and my sister when we were little. He didn't he wasn't silly like that as we got older, but when we were really little, he was really silly like that.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 5: Robin Williams in Aladdin made a huge impression on me because I just could not I couldn't wrap my brain around that that was one person doing all those I mean I could.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is one person doing all those young characters, you know, and like just thought it was the coolest, the coolest thing ever, the coolest thing ever. And then it was just like, oh, and I don't think I understood about writing and joke like, there was no I didn't understand any of that because I didn't have any world touchstones of theater plays or anything at the time. But I remember thinking that this is these are things that he thought up, like these are things that he thinks are funny, and he's doing things that he thinks are funny. Because I also remember not getting every joke and being like this is this is a that's a grown up joke and I don't know why I don't get it, but I still like it because he's doing a voice or something right. That was the first time that I which also explains a lot about me. Yeah, you've never never had it, no, I mean, and you need to see it.
Speaker 6: There are there are parts of it that have not dated so well, but.
Speaker 4: The title, there's a lot of the casting that's maybe not great, but however.
Speaker 6: It is worth it.
Speaker 4: Leaslanga in the in the lead was one of the first I think South Asian women that was ever of like a singing lead in a Disney movie, so that was a big deal. Some of the castiding not great, some of the moments not great, doesn't age well, but like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good, I'll have to check it out.
Speaker 5: I feel like you just told me, like you've never like set foot in the ocean or something.
Speaker 6: I feel this is such a part of my.
Speaker 4: No, now I've built it up too much Okay, please text us after you view it, be like this is a piece of ship stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pieces of garbage. No more.
Speaker 2: Bet.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say one more memory though about family, Like when you're talking about your I was thinking about my dad, Like he always like he was very straightlace looking, but he always like drew crazy people to him.
Speaker 2: And one time we were walking around in the El.
Speaker 1: Crito Plaza, which is like a mall in El Crito part of like the Bay Area, and this guy was like swearing and talking to himself and then he goes up to like as we're walking by, he says to my dad, fuck you.
Speaker 2: And my dad is like, well.
Speaker 7: Fuck you do, sir, And I started laughing so hard, Like I just like I think it's so cool that parents don't have to be squares.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know you.
Speaker 1: Can just do something weird and then your kids can see that. Like I don't know, it just really stuck with me, Like there's certain things, certain laughs from my childhood, Like one time my dad was teaching me how to ride a bike and he was being kind of a dick about it, like he was going through all these bars, like weaving through these bars, something really hard to do. If you're learning how to ride a bike.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on an obstacle course when you're.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's like, okay, take me on a slope, but you're weaving through bars, and like I was struggling to keep up with him.
Speaker 2: And then one point he's got his helmet on and he turns over his shoulder, shoulder, and he goes follow me, honey, and he thinks it's a ramp, but it stares, and so the next.
Speaker 1: Thing I see is his back, just like and then at the end, he turns and looks back and his glasses were diagonal on his face. And I cried laughing all the way home, Like as soon as I saw it, I hit my brakes and just watched the entire descent and I was crying.
Speaker 2: Laughing so hard when I got.
Speaker 1: Home, Like my stepmother was like trying to understand what happened and piece it together.
Speaker 6: But it's just so good. Oh my god, little cutie, little cutie Chills, Katie Chilsea, just fucking dying and o're it's so great.
Speaker 1: And it's so fun now like now that my son is seven, like we've been watching Beavis and butt heead, Oh.
Speaker 2: So did you did you watch that.
Speaker 6: Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's new seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I did not know that there's there's new seasons starting in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: There's three new seasons and a new movie.
Speaker 1: And we've been watching them cracking up, and I'm like, oh my gosh, this is the first time me and my son have been like dying laughing at something together.
Speaker 4: That's so great and it is so fun. Oh that's a good one. I'm gonna I'm gonna watch that with my boys.
Speaker 1: It really hits the spot because you know that we are in such fucking calamitous times as you uh as you know, and La is in particularly calamitous times at the moment, and it's like they just sit there and they're like.
Speaker 3: This sucks.
Speaker 2: It's like it's not just funny.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're fucking right, be this, You're right, but this fucking sucks. And it's so cathartic and.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, that's the whole beauty of comedy. Like, yeah, I is be this and butt Head helping me through this time.
Speaker 1: I cannot tell you, but it is. And it's like everything to me right now that it's giving me a laugh when I need it.
Speaker 4: And yes, I've been watching uh A Seinfeld again from the beginning to the end, because it's.
Speaker 6: Like so stupid. It's so stupid, and everyone's such jackass and awful people, and so to me, it's like it is cathartic to watch it and be like these fucking idiots, you know, Like I just love it so much.
Speaker 4: All I watched during the pandemic was comedies. Don't tell me you've never watched Seinfeld.
Speaker 6: I really haven't. Oh bitch, what the fuck? My god, that is like believable, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: As I feel like that's so in your wheelhouse, Like I'm shocked that you haven't watched Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: I know, I see.
Speaker 1: I think it was that I lived in New York at the time, and like when I lived in New York, no one really watched TV. I went to school there. I don't remember the years of Seinfeld. But like I feel like when I was in New York, I barely watched TV. It's only la that I became like this cataloging.
Speaker 2: You watch everything you can because everyone's always asking if you watch something or another.
Speaker 6: I feel like New York there was just too much to do.
Speaker 5: There was so much access to things, whereas here in La you've got to get in. Here, in most of the United States, I would say, like you got to get in your car and like travel to the thing. Yeah, where it was like I could just be cozy and change to my gym jams and sit and watch some stuff on the couch and have a fun experience. It's a totally different lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Morgan Sackett was a PA on Seinfeld that.
Speaker 2: He's done it all. He really really has good old, he really has sack.
Speaker 3: Sash.
Speaker 5: Morgan wouldn't listen to this one of our producers on Brooklyn and And he's really a special human being.
Speaker 6: He's worked on like every comedy that you love.
Speaker 2: Probably well, Pa, he's a golden boy.
Speaker 6: He really is.
Speaker 2: He's literally in coloring too, just sort of a golden person.
Speaker 6: He really is.
Speaker 2: He's very tan.
Speaker 4: I've never I don't think I've ever seen him laugh, which is one of my favorite things about Morgan I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of smiley. Yeah, maybe he hates you.
Speaker 6: Maybe. Yeah, he probably doesn't like you, Melissa. Yeah, like doesn't think you're quite as funny as Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's often scowling or kind of like moving away.
Speaker 6: From you and maybe like not making eye contact. Yeah, you guys, I think Morgan hates me. Yeah, yeah, yes, I know. At least I know now. So that's there's that.
Speaker 2: It's good to know you're powered with information.
Speaker 6: Uh, cut out that.
Speaker 4: Uh first of all, cut out me going I sais okay because I sound stupid.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 6: Keep it, keep it for cells.
Speaker 2: I like its Beavis and butead do it.
Speaker 5: They're like, Oh, first of all, if I had been able to watch that show at seven, I feel like I would have accelerated my brain quite a bit. I didn't watch it until I was in junior high.
Speaker 2: Let's it's inappropriate.
Speaker 6: It is inappropriate, but it's probably way more appropriate than a lot of stuff that's being I mean, at least they like leave the camera on or the shot on them for a long time, more than two.
Speaker 1: Seconds, and at least the animation is cool. Like, yeah, my friend's kid is watching Baby Finn all the time, and I'm like.
Speaker 6: What is that? What's the problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'm like, let me be careful, let me tread carefully. Anyway.
Speaker 1: The point being, I, me and Jordan when bo is watching something, we'll be like we don't like this animation style.
Speaker 2: We don't like Yeastrong like Tumblief.
Speaker 1: Is the ship if anyone's parents, It's stop motion, it's Canadian.
Speaker 2: It's magical, it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: I was really mad at my kids for not getting into the n I don't know, rush on them so hard.
Speaker 5: And ros got really freaked out at Watson Grammitt. I tried to show I love Watson Grammitt, like to an obsessive place.
Speaker 2: It's just really funny, right.
Speaker 6: It's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Rozz watched one part of one movie screamed and ran out of the room and I was like, oh, oh no, I mean you can try again, and like a yeah, yeah, to be fair, she's still little, yeah, but yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: We just watched Peewee Peele's Playoffs or Pee's Big Adventure Yes with bo and like he didn't like it a while ago, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 6: But now he's into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I forgot how mean Pee Wee was to people.
Speaker 5: It's so funny, Okay, such a little bitch, so funny, so.
Speaker 1: Funny is it's like my favorite thing I think is nerdy ego, like because you know, it's like Beavis and Butt heead is the same thing. They're these high status losers, and I just love it so much. It's like, yes, they're dumb, but they're also bucking against the status quo in a way that is so satisfying and funny. So it's like you can both be with them and against them as you watch, and it's like it's such an amazing like tone that they've I'm sorry that I'm obsessing.
Speaker 6: No, I love that you're talking about this. I never thought about it.
Speaker 2: It's almost like I'm on the show.
Speaker 1: How much I'm promoting it, I'm like everyone I see it, like you did you know there's new seasons?
Speaker 2: But no one knows there's new seasons and it makes me crazy. You did?
Speaker 6: You're my judge is Beas and Budhead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you start with the older seasons or did you start? You started with the new seasons.
Speaker 6: Information for me to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this doesn't result in you doing a guest spot on the new b.
Speaker 2: I don't know where will, I don't know why will.
Speaker 6: This is now the new goal of this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do remember Daria being introduced in the original series.
Speaker 6: Butt Head, Yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 5: She was introduced in the originals buttead series, and then she got her own show that was like right after in the time period, which was like much more of a cartoon because in the original Beavis and but it was just them talking about the videos.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then the actual.
Speaker 5: Daria was introduced after and that was like, I was like, what am I what planet of my own?
Speaker 6: I love this so much. I loved Daria so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who was the voice of Daria.
Speaker 6: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: It feels very right like it should have.
Speaker 6: But whoever it was did a great job as well. They did.
Speaker 1: I don't think I watched watched Daria, but I like, there's not that many characters on Vis and butt Head.
Speaker 2: It's really just me.
Speaker 6: It's just the two of them, and then like them.
Speaker 2: Just hitting each other in the nards.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's kind of the and then saying you said nerds, you're right though, it is like it is a character that characters that they're absolutely then that might be why I like parts of Seinfeld because they are, like you said, like high status, Like George is a high status loser he thinks see and to some of Saint Jerry, I mean really all of them because really all that they are fantastic, wonderful people. Meanwhile, they're horrendous human beings like yes of the time, which is why they've all found each other in our besties.
Speaker 1: And it's so cool, Like, I mean, the little that I do know about Seinfeld, I do love it as this like that that Larry David started on that and then got to have Curb is such a fun like such a fascinating comedy evolution, because yes, you can see the roots of Curve and Seinfeld.
Speaker 6: It seems absolutely well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the joke was already established, Like he didn't have to work to set anything up. It was like the tone and the humor and that that was already He also didn't have.
Speaker 6: To pretend to be a good person. And you know, like that was the word the workshop of that network, the network. You know, we can't have them be that horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone already knew and it was going to be and then set free into HBO to be like, you know, his.
Speaker 2: Own even more quirky mons monster.
Speaker 6: He's a monster.
Speaker 5: So I don't actually know him, but on his show, and I don't know him.
Speaker 7: I don't know him.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know him. I don't know him.
Speaker 5: He's probably very nice. He's got a lot of nice friends. Okay, so this is a question. I don't know about this, and this makes me feel like an interview. But like the thing, one of the things I hated when we were on the show was when we would have interviews and they'd be like, what's your funniest memory?
Speaker 2: Pranks?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, plans Like I always hated that.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. It's like it's not enough that it's a comedy show.
Speaker 6: They wanted to have to be even more funny.
Speaker 2: A prank show behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made me always feel like we were disappointing people that we weren't pulling these crazy pranks every time.
Speaker 5: Absolutely it was, But it was more disappointing them that they didn't have like a little you know, byeline for their article that was clickbaity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what they were trying. That's really all it was.
Speaker 5: I do remember being at TCA's one year and there were like posters of us by the sushi.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: No, God, you have the best memory, and like these.
Speaker 4: She really has the best memory. I don't remember, you guys, anything to.
Speaker 2: See a poster of me by some sushi right now.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It was like we were so TCA's was a Television Critics Association thing. I think it was TCA's, or maybe it was Upfronts, Upfronts or this thing that doesn't really happen anymore, where they would sell the show to.
Speaker 4: They would present their schedule advertisers to advertise turning us all out.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it was like a thing we had to get dressed up for a red carpet and then they shuffle us into this like big room where they have all the advertisers or whatever, and there were like buffet tables, and there was a posters of the cast like hanging in different iterations above the sushi, and there was one of like I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it, I'm gonna put it on the Instagram. But there's like a poster of Chelsea and then like a poster of Terry Creuse next to it, and then there's like the sushi thing underneath.
Speaker 2: It that sounds that does sound vaguely familiar, you know what.
Speaker 1: I never I tried never to eat sushi at a Hollywood party or.
Speaker 2: Because it's virus.
Speaker 1: It's always sweating, it's always get too touched, and it's been out in the warm air too long.
Speaker 6: That's a good rule.
Speaker 2: That's a good rule.
Speaker 6: I don't know what's for, you know. I might have embellished that it was sushi for purposes of the comedic idea of it. Cards is crumbling, crumbling, But I don't have memories of like this was a super funny day or anything like that. I do remember there were a couple times where Chelsea had trouble holding it together on camera.
Speaker 2: It's feeling, honestly, because you know, I think I thought when I would go to Hollywood that, like you know, when you see outtakes of things, you're like, oh, they're having so much fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 1: Really thought people would enjoy if like things became really organic and fun, you know, like if you're losing it, crying, laughing like I did.
Speaker 2: Nicole Buyer sho oh my god, nailed it, nailed it.
Speaker 6: It's so funny, God damn it, it's so funny.
Speaker 2: She's so funny, and I did it, and like it was a twelve hour day, or her day.
Speaker 1: Is a twelve hour day, I think, But it was a long, and like he says, I was crying laughing at one point, and like it was so funny to me, Like how hard is it to cry laughing?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 1: That is like the happiest most That is like the best drug on earth is getting to a point where you're crying laughing, yes, which I did have recently actually at a dinner, but they cut it, they didn't use it, and I was just like, I am just my comedy self is just like how this is so crazy to be crying on nailed It? You know, listen, they know obviously what's better for the show than I do. But I just was like I was looking forward to reliving it.
Speaker 6: You know, God, do you remember what it was about. Was it about one of the cakes?
Speaker 2: I think it really was.
Speaker 1: I have this thing which a lot of comedians have, I think, which is like sequences of sounds just really get me. Like so it was like someone said, nailed it. They hit the button, so it was like nailed it, bud, and then the thing clunks open and it was so ugly and it was so unlike the original, which it always is, so it shouldn't be surprising, but it was something about.
Speaker 2: Nailed it plunk and then just seeing this monstrosity. I think it was that, but again I'll never know for sure because the tape has gone.
Speaker 6: For a guy.
Speaker 1: But I'm at this dinner I had to I was like having I thought like heart palpitations a bit ago, and my doctor gave me this heart monitor and they're like, yeah, you just wear it for like what it was humongous, Like I thought it was just like a little thing. It's like medical tape across my entire chest. Like you can't wear it even like a shirt like this.
Speaker 2: It was like showing.
Speaker 1: And so I'm like dinner with some friends and it's showing. And then you're supposed to press this button on your chest anytime you feel like you're having a heart palatine, which let's just say, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So vibe at dinner? You're right, And so they were just making fun of me because also you're supposed to keep a journal about every time you press it. And I showed them my journal and it was like ten o and they were just making fun of my dorky heart palpitation journal and just roasting the.
Speaker 1: Shit out of me, and I was just, oh my god, it was I just like I lived for these moments to me like it's like I cannot wait until the next because.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I haven't had on in so long. Maybe this is why I feel like slightly not unfulfilled, but like I need that is. It is such a good drug. It makes you feel so high for so long. Oh I did have one.
Speaker 4: I actually did have one the other night because Brad was playing a new game with Ras and he was looking at the instructions and then she spun the little dial and he looked.
Speaker 6: At me and my mom. He was like, what's a lois yes?
Speaker 2: And we were like what.
Speaker 6: He goes lais yes it and then he holds up the thing and it said lose a piece. He was like, the instructions were in Spanish. Dumb, dumb. God bless him for trying. You're like gold star, gold star, baby. Poor Brad. He's so used to living in an environment.
Speaker 5: It was like a little like a tea like a like a little tea cup game and there was a little picture of bees and he was like, is it honey?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 6: Does it have something to do with honey?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that is so funny. You need to keep that in rotation in the house.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 6: We have kept it in a bit of rotation. Sweet Brad.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Brad, shout out to the stacket of.
Speaker 4: All these white guys. Yes they really are.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Wait, okay, So what I want to talk about really quickly, Uh, the film that you directed the first time female director. Yes, that the experience of watching the movie, I know was probably I didn't direct it, but I'm sure the actual experience of directing it was fucking stressful as fuck, But the experience of watching it is so it had so many of these elements that felt so surreal and really funny to me in a way that like, I guess, I don't know, I hope they were.
Speaker 6: I mean I was laughing like that.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give anything away if anyone hasn't seen it, But there's this part at the end where Chelsea's stand Chelsea's character is standing by a window and it's fucking I was. I thought it was so it was such an interesting mix to me of like really like sort of poignant but also really funny to me.
Speaker 6: And there was another moment where Chelsea's character has this big uh I don't know what to call it. It's not like a I guess it's like a melt down. And it was alternately like really moving and also really fucking funny.
Speaker 2: What you're welcome, Well, listen, you know it means a lot coming from you because I, as you know, think you're a fucking genius. And you know what, if I really could cry right now, I'm too.
Speaker 5: This is what everybody doesn't know about people that are funny. It's cover your face. This is the other thing that people don't understand. I think, like if to me, people that are really deeply funny, they think about the thing that they're creating, and they really like craft and create. And when you have a meeting that's also a storyteller, it can be really intricate and strong thing for that comedian storyteller to like have a point of view and a voice. And I think that that's something that Chelsea.
Speaker 6: Has and does really really well.
Speaker 5: But it's also something that I don't totally understand how you craft something like that. I think I could probably do it if I was like given the script of it, you know what I mean, Like I'm not a writer.
Speaker 2: Well, I you know, I personally don't really as I dig in my ear on camera.
Speaker 6: I don't really.
Speaker 2: There it is. There might be wax in my ear. Let me just invest, lem me do it right now.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: When I have friends who I think are funny and heartfelt and they say that they're not a writer, I'm like, not yet, because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, I think Also it's like my mom really nurtured me to write when I was younger, and to like think of writing as expressing myself and telling stories. And it's like, I don't know if it's chicken her egg like that I like to write. Maybe I would have anyway, but I really do think like before you've tried it, who knows you might really be great at it and might love it. And also it's like you might have a story to tell that someone else doesn't have to tell. And a lot of writing does come down to that. Like what I loved about writers rooms is like so much of writing is not, you know, sitting at a desk with a typewriter, but it's so much of it is the brainstorming and like the collaborative thinking and riffing and going on weird tangents that that leads you to something and I'm a big believer that you know, as you mentioned, like my movie, I love those tangential moments and I love, like, you know, the uber ride where my character gets a female uber driver, Like that's one of my favorite scenes. My favorite characters are probably the smallest characters, is like the Techi dudes.
Speaker 2: That's like Carmen Christopher and like those characters are just like the techie rage.
Speaker 1: You know, I really relate to of like, and I've experienced it so much, like doing theater and stuff and all through basically since I was like nine. And anyway, all this to say I appreciate it. I feel like I didn't know exactly how to promote it. It's on Broku, which I feel like a lot of people think they have to buy the apparatus, but you can watch it online and it's called first time female director. Stephanie's in it and does this awesome like theater piece within the within the play, because it's all.
Speaker 2: There's two plays in the movie.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you how many plays that I did in college that were almost exactly like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, well I went to see a show at my brothers. He went to UC Santa Cruz and I went to see a play that had this these people yelling suck my dick and make me a coffee, and I was again another moment.
Speaker 2: Where I was crying laughing in the theater.
Speaker 1: Like my shoulders were shaken because it wasn't a funny scene and I was like crying laughing.
Speaker 4: Was there was there anything about directing comedy that surprised you, like if you were trying.
Speaker 1: To well, that's what I was going to say, you know, honestly when you were saying like, was it so stressful? And I think it was, but it was so nice because as you know, as actors, it's like there's so much waiting and acting. And what I loved about directing is that you're and Melissa, as you know, you've you've directed so much television at this point, it's like, what I love about the directing experience is that there's just constant action, constant decision making. You're using your brain NonStop, and that kind of adrenaline is really fun. And I was surprised that I felt like I had fixes to things and solutions and thoughts when I was asked questions, and.
Speaker 2: You know, there's there's I made a whole list of like everything.
Speaker 1: I learned from the experience after I wrapped, and I continue to learn about it as I have more distance from it and think about it and all that. But you know, maybe I should have been more stressed, and maybe I should have had less fun. I don't know, but I certainly I certainly learned a lot about how I would do it next time. But but TV versus directing a movie, it's just it's so amazing because it was like also very small budget, and it was kind of like, you know, a month of summer camp and then it's over. Post production I felt, was probably the hardest part of it all, but I kind of loved pre production and the actual shooting of it. I think that editing was for me the hardest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that everything that you're talking about sounds really fun, except for the thinking about how.
Speaker 6: They have to be shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I really wish that I had storyboarded, And that's my biggest regret. I really should have foregone something else in the budget, But honestly, I didn't know enough to even fight for that. Right well, I think like it'll be like TV a little bit, and then there'll be improv and it doesn't have to look you know, I wanted it to have moments that look amazing and stuff, but you know, I just think a storyboard would have been an absolute obviously a massive asset.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's interesting though.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Mike Sure about it, and he was like, I don't really like storyboarding for comedy.
Speaker 2: I think people get too like married to what. Yeah, so I mean, who knows. Maybe it's just.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just a thing where you just trial and error on multiple projects until you figure out like your best system.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I feel like it must be because like that's that's how oh it felt.
Speaker 5: I mean, at least in what I can compare it to like acting, it's like, okay, well I trial an error, like what works or what has been working? And I haven't made a list, but I guess I have been making a list in my mind and my whole career, like what works with this kind of actor?
Speaker 6: Like what works in this what works for me? Like right now, like oh, I tried.
Speaker 5: You know, I've done the thing where I keep to myself and like you know, focus in on my own thing.
Speaker 6: And it's like that doesn't really serve me as much.
Speaker 5: I like, I think the thing that serves me when I have something emotional to do is like keep it, like keep it loose and then give myself a few minutes before the scene. But I don't need to be like with my head up my ass like all day in my trailer, like staying in character or whatever. Right, But like all that stuff is trial and error.
Speaker 6: Because I have done that before. I did it for a play once and it was everyone fucking hated me at the end of the play, everybody.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of me. That's like real actor credential, is it.
Speaker 6: I was like trying I was trying it on for size.
Speaker 4: I was like, maybe this is the thing that will work, that will help me maintain And maybe it was at the time, because it was like I had to maintain this like very heightened emotional center of the play for like yeah, six months, right.
Speaker 6: And so like backstage I wouldn't talk to anybody and like get to work and put on my little nun habit and then that was it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: And it's like I feel like we have to like forgive ourselves for all our whole process and or not just forgive ourselves and maybe even applaud ourselves.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like there's no fucking handbook to life, period and I'm still confused about that. But also just to entertainment, there's so many situations you walk into having never been in them before.
Speaker 4: Over and over just new situations are always.
Speaker 2: Am I progressing? Am I doing this right? How do other people do this?
Speaker 1: And you know, it's it's so much less explained than you would think before God in.
Speaker 4: This business, and so much of it is what you were saying of just like trying shit on, trying shit out, like seeing if it works for you and looking like a fucking idiot while you do it. But that's how you kind of thinkure. Also, I'm bringing it back around to comedy, that is mostly, but that is mostly what comedy becomes. Right, It's like this funny is this funny? Let me try this, I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna change and you have to like go, like.
Speaker 2: You really have to let go of like do I look dumb? Oh?
Speaker 6: You absolutely do?
Speaker 1: You know? And and I think that when you sense that kind of abandon in like thinking of like you know, Chris Farley was the first person who just came to mind. But people who just fully go like go in and or guild a radner. You know, I don't know, I'm just thinking of people from eighty years ago, but you know, it's like it's unmistakable when you feel like people are abandoning themselves to a character.
Speaker 5: And I think I love learned a lot of that on Brooklyn m I remember when we shot that scene at my desk.
Speaker 6: That was when Chelsea went.
Speaker 2: Clup clup, clup clup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like, I'm gonna ride away on my high horse clip clop clip clop or something, and I remember fucking thinking that was so funny and it wasn't in the script, and I was like, oh, I didn't know we could, Like.
Speaker 6: I don't know what script.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was clop. I don't think you clopping away was like I don't think. I think it was like maybe like road away.
Speaker 2: Like this or something.
Speaker 5: But clop clop wasn't in the script. I don't clip clop was on this whatever the fuck she says. I can't remember it now. I just remember your face, you going like this with your little hands, and like I also remember thinking like oh, oh, okay, okayme like I can play the same way here that I did in theater. Like theater felt very free, it felt very like, uh, the experience of rehearsal was like throw everything at it and like see what this is, and see what this is, and tried this and tried this, and like when I got on TV set, it felt very locked in and it was like, you only have like four times that you get to do this, so like make it, make it. You know, like you have to end, you have to match everything that you did on the first time, because well we did it in the wide, so you got to do that thing that you already chose to do. And I was just so like, yeah, locked into everything. And then when I saw people starting to try stuff, I was like, oh, oh, we can do that here too. You just have to be like a little more careful, but also not because like if they really love something, maybe they'll turn around and go back and shoot the beginning a different way.
Speaker 1: Whenever Andy, like Andy also started making that fun where he would be like, let's do this or let's do that.
Speaker 2: Something, give us like that sense that we could be inventive and stuff.
Speaker 1: And remember when we were in that scene where you guys were just supposed to hug and I was standing there, Yeah, like I also hug.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this bitch has no friends. I'm like, can I lose joined the hug? And then I feel like people really love that.
Speaker 4: We all, Oh my god, they love so I love the way you the look on your face when you like throw yourself into it, when you're like it's so great.
Speaker 5: That's also something that I find about comedy that I think is really fun. Sometimes it becomes like fun and frustrating, I should say, because like sometimes it becomes like a problem that you're trying to solve, which is like this feels stupid, Like.
Speaker 6: I feel it's not working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it feels fucking stupid and I feel stupid doing it, like I need to change it, you know, And it's not I can't always combat it that way at work, Like sometimes.
Speaker 6: I have to be like what if we what if we can?
Speaker 3: I try?
Speaker 1: You know, I have to say, like from directing, like I fucking love comedy brains and like people have the craziest ideas.
Speaker 2: Like Jermaine Fowler is in my movie and he was like, uh, is it cool.
Speaker 1: If I roll around in a pile of cords and I was like, yeah, absolutely, And then Heather.
Speaker 2: Lawless, who was the female uber Zoomer.
Speaker 1: Driver in the movie, she was like, isn't all right if I have band aids all over my fingers?
Speaker 2: And I was like, yes, that would be great, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I love that shit, and I think it's such a tragedy and you know, listen, it's all debatable. Maybe people don't think it worked out in my movie, but like, I just feel like when people in often in Hollywood, are so I think, particularly post Jim Carrey post like, you know, these big swing kind of big comedies that were big in my teen years, and then like Martin, Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, all these people like yeah, post that, when it became much smaller and much more naturalistic. I think there became this thing like if you take a big swing, then your corny, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So when.
Speaker 1: Someone has a big idea there being a tension seeking and just tell them no, and you know, it's like, listen, I grew up on that shit and I love it. I love the more subtle, more naturalistic comedies that came after that as well. But you know what I was trying to do in my movie was kind of married the two. You know, it's like I love Rushmore, but I also love like you.
Speaker 2: Know, absolutely sure.
Speaker 5: I think you know, as somebody who watched you guys take so many big swings on the show on Brooklyn for so long. Like part of what became especially towards the end for me frustrating for myself at work, was that like I I didn't get to do it, you know, like I didn't. I was always the straight.
Speaker 2: Man and like so interesting because I don't think of you that way.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, I got more at that, especially like as we went like yeah, the season's like went like last season though, when you had the baby, especially, I was like, yeah, allowed.
Speaker 6: To lose it in ways that I hadn't or like the last season when I got to that's.
Speaker 2: Regularly.
Speaker 1: But like but remember Andre, like Andre would always be like try and step there there, like do less.
Speaker 6: All the time.
Speaker 4: But then some of the biggest things were the biggest hits, like Vindication, remember right, Vindication, He did that.
Speaker 6: He did that so big and they kept.
Speaker 4: I can't remember who directed that episode, but like somebody kept saying to him, like a little you know, it's the end of the episode, but like just just like vindication, like quick so we can get out. And he was like, I don't think so like you anything, like I don't think that's as quite as funny as blah blah blah, you know, And he was right.
Speaker 2: But that's one thing too with his character.
Speaker 1: It's like this amazing thing where like the drier he is and the more dead pan when he when you choose your spots for him to guess crazy, it's so effective.
Speaker 5: Yes, which again, like that became very clear to me when I would feel that frustration like oh gosh, I want to do like physical comedy or I want to do more of the stuff, I would I would think about how, like, well, part of the part of why this works for my character to break out of that is because she's in she's locked into this like dry quiet so much.
Speaker 6: So like when I get to do that stuff, it's extra, it's extra.
Speaker 1: I mean I think you see that all the time. I mean I still see fans on social media like this is Rosa. She's smiling, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, it's like you know, I'm thinking of that that episode where we were like undercover and.
Speaker 6: You were like, oh, my god with the blonde wig.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like you're you're exterior allowed moments like that to be so much more like of a surprise and a little treat.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like, yes, yes, so it hits so much harder. But I also loved when you were on the stand and you had to do the like eye twist thing. Yes, that's I also.
Speaker 5: Think that that's like part of of part of learning about yourself as a as an actor.
Speaker 6: And somebody who's curious about comedy is like, oh.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't have to it doesn't have to be you know, because you see, like younger I think like younger actors a lot.
Speaker 6: Will be like let me try for every.
Speaker 5: Joke, right, But then maybe I should say less experienced actors sometimes we'll try for every joke and as opposed to someone who's like willing to play in a scene and like give it back and forth to you or like setting you up for something really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that is like such a fascinating thing too. It's like when you're in a scene with someone in comedy and it's like, you know, I love to improvise, but it is like it's a tricky thing, like you need both people to love to improvise, yes, because I didn't really realize, like, oh, I'm putting people in a position where they've memorized their lines and now they don't know what to say or where we are in the scene or whatever. But like you know, Nick Kroll, when I would do Kroll Show, we would just go completely bonkers and like it would be it would be so fun. But that's a completely different animal, like a sketch show than a network comedy show with great writing.
Speaker 4: And have you ever have you ever had a day where and I'll use improv as I guess the setting.
Speaker 5: I know what you're going to talk about right now, and you just like lives in Melissa's memory as like a fucking it's burned in her brain.
Speaker 6: It's burned. Tell her the backstory. Oh yeah, when my brain felt empty. Yes, I was, Uh, I was.
Speaker 4: I said yes to doing a show at I think Groundlings or I think it was ground Links.
Speaker 6: You know, it's like I guess after or whatever.
Speaker 2: I regret saying yes to every show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And it was during the strikes, and you know, and so I'm on my way to the show and as I'm on my way to the show, I'm like, my brain feels empty. I don't have a funny bone in my fucking body.
Speaker 6: And then I was like, that's maybe I talk.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm depressed, maybe like there's some other shit going on that I'm ignoring, and but now I'm realizing it and I'm going to be on stage in like a half hour, and so like I like got there and I parked, and then I listened to a five minute meditation for like creativity or something like I was desperate, and it wasn't a great show for me, Like it just I felt like my brain was offline. There was no creative thoughts coming in at all, Like the well was dry. So I'm curious if that's ever happened to.
Speaker 2: You, Melissa. I mean, this is why I love you.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, I'm just so happy to see you guys, Like I know, I like almost but I have to just say, like, it's not because just simply like you talking about my movie. It's just that I've literally been we went the Christmas break straight into a week of school canceled for the fires, and I've been in such mom mode that for someone to talk to me about my work. Frankly, I was like, oh my god, I exist, I'm a human, I have fuller purpose in life.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Whatever like jolted me into this different part of my body, brain and soul. And you know, on a personal level, I'm just truly, like so happy to be talking to you guys.
Speaker 2: But what I was going to say is I just I do.
Speaker 1: Love your vulnerability and it's what's connected me to you from day one, both of you that you're ap to just be in a producorial phony facade every day, which some people in Hollywood feel like they just put a mask on and they you can't get through to them. And yes, I I you know, my stand up was it was challenging for me to do it while on the show because my call times were always six thirty.
Speaker 2: Remember I've always waltz in at fucking.
Speaker 4: With this little fucking coffee be like hey, Gus, ten minutes before we have to be on set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it was so hard to continue with stand up and have those early call times because stand up I would get so wired after doing shows and usually you're.
Speaker 2: Not home till like ten earliest.
Speaker 1: Right, But so yeah, I think I've developed like a stage fright that's gotten only worse as I've gotten further from it. And I often if I say yes to a show, I will be in anxiety about it for like starting and I used to be like this anyways, like usually around three o'clock if I have a show that night, I'm start to have a pit in my stomach. And so yes, as I'm driving to shows, and I remember talking to a friend about it and being like, you know, before shows, before I go on stage, I'm like, the person who's on stage right now is funny.
Speaker 2: I have nothing to say. They like this vibe. I'm not that vibe.
Speaker 1: And when you're telling me what you're thinking in the car, I'm like, you know, it's comforting because it's like you're literally giving yourself a negative pep talk. You're saying, my brain is empty, and therefore my brain will be empty. You know. It's like, yeah, you know, And you gave yourself that TLC of listening to a meditation and then you're retelling it and you're accepting, Hey, not every show is going to be your fucking best work, and that's fine, that's part of life.
Speaker 2: How could it all be fucking top notch?
Speaker 1: Perfect and it's part of this process that we keep talking about or whatever. And it's like, yes, I feel that way all the time. And this friend was like, really, that's what you say on the way to shows. Like I'm literally going, you're gonna kill it. You're gonna kill it. And I'm like, well, I guess I need therapy. I somehow have not been instilled with self love in that way. But it's a great motivator and it's a great driver, but it's also very paralyzing. And so it's like, you know, and this business is so unhealthy in so many ways if you're trying to improve your self love. So you know, it's it's been an ongoing journey and I'm still trying to figure it out, you know, because I do love performing on an ideal night, but you know, most comedians will look out and the one person who's not having fun, You're like, they're the ones that you're looking at, you know, right, But I've had that before and then.
Speaker 2: They literally didn't speak English when I was talking. Yeah, you know, like it's not even about me, and no it's not.
Speaker 5: It's not about It has nothing to do with us. That's so hard though, when you're I mean, I'm hardwired.
Speaker 6: To be like everybody like me, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really hard to go like not everybody is going to ever mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: And I thought a thing that is place to end it right there and not everybody's gonna like you.
Speaker 1: But listen and that's okay, and bring it back to like, you know, I don't know what, but like I just remember seeing a picture of Rihanna years ago online and people were like talking about her forehead or something, and I was just like, oh, there's.
Speaker 6: No there there, there's no there there Rihanna.
Speaker 2: She's ugly. They're saying she has a flaw or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, it's just and and I think social media makes it all so much worse because people are just there's they point out things you never even would have thought.
Speaker 2: To be insecure about, you know, and so it's like it's a whole nother level.
Speaker 6: It was like, oh, Stephanie's teeth a fake because when she laughs, what is a bridge on the bottom? Look? And I do, I'm here, that's no I think I can't. I heard that my mom, and my mom was probably my dad. My dad really much a little alert on it's too much, too much, so you just have to go.
Speaker 5: Like, even if my brain does feel empty, I'm gonna be okay no matter what, I'm gonna be okay, Like I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be okay. I'll be fine with a bad show. I'll have a better one next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the thing about live shows. I mean, you just gotta It's like what, you're only as good as your last show, which is just like come on, I mean, there's.
Speaker 6: No brutal it's such a brutal like brain place to be, which.
Speaker 1: Is like, yeah, well this is how I feel like entertainment is basically like finals. Every day, you know, everything feels like finals, and everything's like, you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm saying like that's a that's a that's an intense way to think about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think sometimes I think about it as like.
Speaker 5: I often think when I'm at work, at least now in the later part of my life, I feel like I think this is supposed to be fun. Yeah, like I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be fun, and you know, not to bring up something else that might make us cry. But like I remember Andre talking about how he like didn't ever want to do anything again that was so hard, like homicide, because like it was so hard, and like he was like I think I'm supposed to be having fun, you know, like and like that kind of kind.
Speaker 2: Of feels drawn to comedy, and it is like I remember that.
Speaker 1: Too, and I remember thinking, oh, yeah, I guess that's crazy if you're shooting like an hour long show where.
Speaker 5: You were at people and yeah, people are dying and that's very like intense, and you're in a block box and there's no there's like imagine shooting an hour long show and there's no jokes anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's that lost at seat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know what I would be making su up.
Speaker 4: I mean I've certainly done even in the like very intense plays that I've done, I've been able to like mine for comedy because otherwise what am I doing, Like, yeah, I'm just making I'm just I'm suffering.
Speaker 2: Well, even in really dark movies, I need a little humor. Or. It's yeah, but I need a little I need liver, Give me a liver.
Speaker 4: Same well, but life is like that too, like that, it just it also starts to feel I don't know. I find that I don't buy in as much. If something is just so dark the whole time and there's no no relief or no no relief, there's no pop of like humor, it just doesn't it honestly just doesn't.
Speaker 6: Really feel real. It feels like it feels like work. It feels like I'm I'm something fun pushed on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, luckily, no, I won't. I was gonna make a a political remark about where we're headed.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 3: Fun time.
Speaker 4: That's a good time, freeing time time and uh, some really great comedy that's going to come out of the next few years.
Speaker 6: Like my prediction, that's what I fain. That's pain I am holding on to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm hoping it'll be like the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yes, you know the fashion is already there.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. I'm so thankful for those wide pants.
Speaker 6: I love a wide pants. I have a wide pan on right now. More better, Chelsea, Thanks for coming on the pot. It was so fun. What a delight.
Speaker 2: Great to see your little faces.
Speaker 6: Likewise, I miss you so much.
Speaker 2: You've just been so good.
Speaker 6: We look exactly like we did truly that things started.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness, than we're supposed age, So hold on to this.
Speaker 6: Yes, you better believe it.
Speaker 5: Also, before we go, Chelsea, do you have anything that you want to tell our listeners about, like a personal phone number or an email that they can write me a call?
Speaker 2: You actually can give me a call.
Speaker 1: I have a podcast called Call Chelsea Pretti where you can call in and we can talk about our food interests, we can play some fun sound effects together, we can talk about our challenges.
Speaker 2: In life, and we can laugh together. We have a lot of fun on there.
Speaker 1: And it's been a fantastic reboot. It's called Call Chelsea Paretti.
Speaker 6: I love it so much.
Speaker 5: Yes, you can find it anywhere you find your podcast. Thanks again Chelsea for being here.
Speaker 6: Bag go. Uh did you know that? Did you know diarrhea is the same in Italian and English? WHOA, yeah, it's there. Yare the It smells the same too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh I thought you said smells Oh my gosh, I can't end on that smell, amateur, No women are.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the podcuys soon We'll see you next week. Bye bye, Love you.
Speaker 2: And listen to my podcast more Better.
Speaker 6: Do you have something you'd like to be more better at that? You want us to talk about in a future episode.
Speaker 4: Can you relate to our struggles or have you tried one of our tips and tricks?
Speaker 6: Shoot us your thoughts and ideas at More Better pod at.
Speaker 5: Gmail dot com and conclude a voice note if you want to be featured on the pod. Oh More Better with Stephanie Melissa is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Mika podcast network, hosted by Me, Steffie Beatrice, and Melissa Kumero. More Better is produced by Isis Madrid and Sophie Spencer Zabos. Our executive producers are Wilmer Valderrama and Leo Clem at w V Sound. This episode was edited by Isis Madrid and engineered by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison Davenport and Halo Boy.
Speaker 4: Our cover art is by Vincent Remis and photography by David Abolos. For more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 6: See you next week's Sucker Up by