Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: You better believe it Ready, America.
Speaker 1: How about those commercial crabbers down there on the coast grabbing some fresh crab for everybody. Brookwood Barge load out. Let's go, get that big thing moving. Proud Mary, keep on rolling. Here we go. Oplaika is ready. Lisbon, New Hempshire is ready.
Speaker 2: A dad up with his baby is ready. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Cage City, Arkansas, Laurel, Mississippi, oh Wassa, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Tennhill, Alabama is ready.
Speaker 1: The Rocket City Huntsville, Jonesboro, Arkansas, Mountainble, Alabama.
Speaker 2: They're roaring in Pine, Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Everybody say, hey, birds are ready, y'all want a new show.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Lynn Lynn the Giant Asian Man is ready. Hello Lynn Lynn, Mississippi State is ready. Let me hear that cow bell say we ready? Ups is ready. Thank you for the packages. Russellull Kentucky said we're here, champs are.
Speaker 2: Here, and uh we are. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Somebody said their blood sugar is now good. Listening while delivering delicious Coca cola. Go Coca Cola driver, Welcome, glad you're here. And we've got a lot to do going forward. Speedy Greg Adler. You heard Ken Osborn introduce him as only he can men. We we have a lot to do going forward and trying to update the world. Uh we we always try to. You know, we got a little mix here. We're gonna be you know always you know, the the majority is gonna be fun. But at the same time, we do, won't You and y'all helped us with that as we started, you know, this new endeavor, you know, celebrating and thankful for the past, but also equally excited about the present and the future and you know, trying to dial things in. We first came out of the gate with the new show, it was it was you know, it was fun, fun, all fun, goofing off and some of you said, okay, don't don't go off and leave. I mean updated on what's going on in the world. We need that too, so we will do that, but don't do too much because we don't want that either. So we're dialing all that in and learning as we go. And I kind of like the rhythm we're on right now, and a lot of you seem to be responded very positive positively to that as well. So we thank you for that Wednesday Bible study. Back today we'll be in the Book of Job. I believe is it eighteen today? So a job eighteen today. And so if you are on that journey with us, a little reminder if you can't catch it live, which is noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the YouTube channel. Adler puts together that archive pretty quick after we're done, and then you can go get that on your own time. But you know, we do have. You know, one thing that happened yesterday on this ongoing thing with Greg and me and Speedy. You're there too, and you'll head that way, and that is aging parents. Aging parents is one of those stages of life. You probablyn't think about it a lot, you know, when when you're when you're growing up, you think, Okay, I'm just a goofy little kid, uh, and I'm I'm I'm I'm starting to be a little bit concerned about what was it going to be like to be in high school? Okay, you remember that daunting feeling the first time you left like junior high and you're going into high school.
Speaker 2: A little bit scary. You know, you were kind of you didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: I remember my first day walking onto the high school campus. The first day that I walked on the high school campus, a fight broke out with a bunch of older kids, one with facial hair and uh, and a knife slid down the steps and slid past me as they were scuffling, and I went, well, welcome to high school.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the guy never got the knife out, but I guess it knocked out of his pocket or something.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the principals, the assistant principals, wrestling with them, breaking them apart, and I went, well, welcome to high school. And of course, in those days, you know, we were a bit of a harder generation, not hardest generation before us, but harder than the current day. And all of us remember this. We talked about it before. And when I say it, some of you can't believe I'm saying it, so this happens. I'm looking toward the main door going in. Now, remember in these days. So I started at the high school in nineteen seventy nine, I think seventy eight. I remember turning to my right and Greg, you know what? I saw the smoking grounds? Oh sure, and then over in the smoking.
Speaker 2: Growns whose parents in the notes said they could smoke.
Speaker 1: Yes, over in the smoking grounds were these really rough looking people smoking. You know that I was going to be going to school, that I was going to be going to school with. And I remember thinking, this is just a different world. You know, I want all of you. I want to say that again. There was a smoking grounds.
Speaker 3: Hey, no smoking in that area. You need to go over there to.
Speaker 2: Go over that.
Speaker 1: If you're going to smoke in high school, you're going to do it right over there, Yes you are. And you know it was weird to look out there and see students smoking with their teachers. But anyway, yeah, right, so remember the teacher's lounge. It would smell like there lots of smoking there. So so anyway, agent had a snack machine in there was nicking there and by a snack every now right yeah, then then you then you come out of that, and the next daunting thing in front of you college. If you go to college or trade or something something, you got to do next level to get a job. And then you got to go get a job, and that's kind of that. And then you got to get married. Then you got kids. Yeah, and all these different stages, and then all of a sudden, there's that stage where we are right now, aging parents. That that can be. That can be a lot. It's it's a lot. It's got its own thing. And you know, we have a you know our mother, uh makes She doesn't officially announce it, but we all do as her children. She keeps scoring yeah okay, and and there's no doubt about that. And I hear about Greg. I don't know what's happened to Greg at this stage of his life. Mom and I theorized yesterday that Greg was so mean as a kid. He's paying Mom back and being kind think and saying I'm sorry for the way I was with a kid.
Speaker 2: Just you get old.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I brought it up, guilty conscience, Listen.
Speaker 1: I brought it up to Mom yesterday. I said, do you realize Mom? Because I was spend some time with her, do you do you.
Speaker 2: You got a long way to go. But I said, do you remember Mom?
Speaker 1: I said, I hate to break this to you, because you know, you were pretty mean in your own right.
Speaker 2: And she goes. I said, Mom, I mean that positively, because she was no pushover.
Speaker 1: Okay, and she handled all the daily squirmishes and dad rarely even got involved. You didn't want him involved, but she was. She was a pretty daunting figure her sailing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she got pulled in. It was bad.
Speaker 1: And you know what I said, did you know what I said? You couldn't beat Greg on food. You never could make a meat what he didn't want to eat. And you know what she said? She goes, he broke me. She said, I couldn't defeed him. She said, I just finally gave it and start giving him Campbell.
Speaker 2: Soup and you know, and and and just the only thing. Yeah, it was the only thing. She said. But I said, you realize you couldn't.
Speaker 1: She goes, Yeah, because she goes, you don't, I mean, you don't whip a kid because he won't eat. She goes, So I didn't really know what to do with him. She said, he just was so so bulleaded. I couldn't make him eat something he didn't want to eat. And uh and and I said, I said, Mom, Greg beat you on that one. She goes, he did, Yeah, that's it. That's what she's trying that for. That's the only one, right, That was the only one. So I was afraid I was gonna start so so I clearly told Greg yesterday, told him clearly. I said, I'm gonna go by and see Mom. I even think I told you I was headed that way, so you knew that.
Speaker 2: I thought you had.
Speaker 1: N't running around Greg, and I thought, you look, I'm sitting there spending time mom, her phone ringing and and and she's already put some things to voicemail.
Speaker 2: Oh but not Gregory. Oh wait a minute, that's Greg.
Speaker 1: And I said, said, I said, you have to sit there and listen to their conversa.
Speaker 6: Yes, and.
Speaker 5: I started.
Speaker 3: That was Rick's time with that.
Speaker 5: That was his way of letting you know I'm stealing it.
Speaker 2: I was shouting and go back today. Listen, Greg, you heard me. And I was shouting. I said, tell Greg I got this. We don't need him.
Speaker 1: And look she was looking at me. She goes, okay, Rick saying that he's he's got this. And I said, you want to be calling dear? I mean I thought you was doing you run around? You know what she said when she hung up? You know what she said? Well, I mean that's just something he does every day. I know, I said, he has an hour and twenty minute commute. It doesn't count.
Speaker 5: Did you giggle when you get.
Speaker 2: Count?
Speaker 7: We know?
Speaker 2: You know Greg calls me pretty much every day.
Speaker 5: When we went to when we went to Rainbow Omega, he almost didn't answer. I had to call him and make sure he knew if something just real. It was real quick, I am, I'm sorry. I've been talking to mom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yea our hour and twenty minute commute.
Speaker 2: It doesn't count. I call her on the weekends too. I know that's the one that hurt me.
Speaker 3: She said, you're just calling her to stay awake on her drive. That doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Well, it's two birds of one stone. How about this?
Speaker 1: When when she told me that Greg calls her on the weekend, I honestly thought they'd gotten together and conspire against me.
Speaker 2: I said, now, look, they'll be lying for Greg. How paying right?
Speaker 1: And I said, Mom, I have I give you an encouraging text every day? She was, so what I mean texts, and I'm like, y'all, don't worry about me. I'm fine, that's fine. I know y'all busy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know you're busy. Do you see campbell soup on the grocery owl of Greg?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: And then like, I've never eaten that? Again, I I don't even want.
Speaker 2: Any how much of that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Now? How much of that? Did you eat?
Speaker 5: A lot?
Speaker 2: I would rotate between noodle and rice. I can still see the pot with it in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess we did show that picture one day years ago. There's a famous picture that my mother loves when Greg and I were little bitty boys. I'm talking about tiny Gregg's in a baby bed. I'm probably two. Of course I look like I'm five because I was a giant toddler. But anyway, and Mom caught me on the side of Greg's baby bed with his pasty fire in my mond, aggravating him. And you were naked, and I was naked, sadly, but uh, I mean but he just run around naked and text Nation said, really, that picture says everything about gregs everything. Yeah, yeah, that that's that's how Greg. Greg didn't take long. I wasn't so I was already harassing and making him mean didn't take long. What a big fan of bringing the new baby in. My mom said that she got the silent treatment for two days.
Speaker 5: He wasn't too sure about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had it. I mean everybody I was it. I was I was a little rick Rick. Yeah, everybody. Everybody loved Lord.
Speaker 5: And then you got you found somebody you could tell right.
Speaker 1: Right, And I thought, who's this new guy was he doing? It's this little thing. Who's mama holding back?
Speaker 8: Kids?
Speaker 1: Living with somebody? I hope they're visiting. Is that a visiting kid or is that a new full blown kid?
Speaker 2: He's still here.
Speaker 1: He's still here, and he got that look like he might be mean. Uh So anyway, that's that's the ongoing that. Yeah, and we we love mama and uh as we said that a thousand times. I told her that yesterday will never ever repay her for all she did for us.
Speaker 2: Uh so funny, so speedy.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we announced on the show that you will be going to Dublin, Georgia to Larry and Carolyn. You're leaving one week from today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Larry's been Yeah, it is on you talk about Larry Quest. He's been sending me pictures. You know, he's got my cell Hey Larry, Hey Carolyn. He's been sending me pictures of his house.
Speaker 1: So he has the sleds he has he has your self, Oh yeah, oh yeah, a lot of sleds.
Speaker 2: He does never see anybody.
Speaker 5: He sent me a two pictures. Uh, he's his ski patrol coats hanging on his dog sled. Uh and all the little stuffed animal dogs sitting on the sled and uh and then various other pictures.
Speaker 2: So you know what's said.
Speaker 1: Though obviously he's really into that, and you're not gonna get a lot of action in Dublin, Georgia for a sled and ski patrol jackets now.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you something. He has to use them a lot. He has them sitting there in his his living room like it's a recliner. I mean, it's a big it's a formal piece. You know, that's part of their life.
Speaker 1: If this goes well, then later you can do Speedy and Larry go to Alaska and do a little much.
Speaker 5: I do what used to get. You know, Terry and I were doing. You know, we don't get to every night, but sometimes we try to get good for a go for a walk or something like that.
Speaker 2: Just a couple. Hm.
Speaker 5: And so where's.
Speaker 2: We love each other, keeping it.
Speaker 5: Real and so, you know, small talk and stuff.
Speaker 9: We're just he.
Speaker 5: And she had a lot of questions about my trip over together, and she did, yeah, she said, could you walk this out for me?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 5: What are we doing here? So you're sleeping there? She said. I heard her say she's making roast beef. Is that right? And I said yeah. She said, now you've you've talked about roast beef. You know how sometimes it can be chewy, like it's growing in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I gotta feeling Carolyn, And I said. I said, oh honey, I said, Carolyn, you don't think she can cook.
Speaker 2: She started talking about fresh green beans.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I said, it's gonna be delicious and she and then she said, so you're sleeping there basically like a time I like under the under the covers and everything. You're like in their bed.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait with them though, great, Wait you get that showering lather up.
Speaker 3: You gotta take a shower.
Speaker 2: Wait, drop a.
Speaker 5: Dot, Bolly, you'll go to deuces quick.
Speaker 2: The most uncomfortable thing.
Speaker 5: Say there's a list of uncomfortable things are going to happen on this trip.
Speaker 2: That's let me tell you.
Speaker 1: And it's twofold, and it's too fold. When you the bathroom for a deuce, it's twofold. You gotta watch the racket. Yeah, right, you got to squelch it, hey, and you gotta do a courtesy, and you gotta get any kind of rom out of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to mix.
Speaker 5: It with a little wa early.
Speaker 1: And you want to look around see if I got some kind of spray in there.
Speaker 5: Boy, you say bathroom around here, and it's like one Mississippi think about in life.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most uncomfortable natural things we know. It's so well, it's using here much less than half.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't lie when I.
Speaker 1: Think I got this bathroom here to myself, and all of a sudden, all of a sudden, I'm trying to clear the way for what's coming, and I didn't know somebody walks in right in the middle of it, and they get her for rom.
Speaker 5: Well, nobody likes that Carolyn has said that I have my own room. I'm spending night somebody's house that you've never have my own room, and bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well that that apps a lot.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to put a silencer on it.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, is it roast?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said, but yeah, is it I don't know, good old pot row. Uh so yeah, so that's real. So I had to kind of walk that out Terry. And and then and then we were just again just kind of talking. I said, Honey, I said, I don't know how she feel about something. And I said, she said what I said, Well, I got up. I got a call from Hoby today and she said, she said Hoby, and.
Speaker 2: Speedy says to life Paul's yeah.
Speaker 5: I said, I got a call from Hoby and he said, hey, hey Speedy. I said, hey man. He said, I'm having lunch with JC tomorrow and I said, huh. He goes, yeah, I'm having I'm having lunch.
Speaker 7: With j C.
Speaker 5: Uh looking forward to it. I'm like, okay. So then j C comes home, Uh two banks can't collide, and he got he he comes home from work and just kind of small talking. He goes, hey, Dad, I'm having lunch with Hoby tomorrow. I said, what are you trying to steal Hoby from me? You know, I wanted to say that.
Speaker 2: But the Willers can share Hoby.
Speaker 5: That's what I said.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 5: Well, Hoby's you know, he's a banker and his mentor a lot in that in that world, and.
Speaker 2: Certainly didn't get you mentoring about banking.
Speaker 5: No, No, he needed somebody else for that. And now now Greg banks a lot. But that's something that's different, and so I don't know how I should feel about that. So one of my sons and Herbie having my son.
Speaker 1: Is going to have his own lunch with Hope. Yeah, Speedy, this is a family.
Speaker 2: Still, he's you know, he's doing he's collecting Wilburn. He is, he's collecting, collecting more Greg are Wilburn's drawn to his wisdom.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it. Yeah, they've heard Dad talk about the Dolly Lamans. They want to meet himself.
Speaker 3: Oh he was.
Speaker 5: I thought I forget Hobe. He said the other day he's a hals texting with Tyler this past weekend about something. And I'm like, what, you know, trying to steal my.
Speaker 2: Sons from Speedy. You need to write a book and simply called Hoby said, yeah, is.
Speaker 5: Hob wisds Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I'll just I'll look at it like they're just having.
Speaker 2: Banking.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it's just you know, uh, you know, Jay C has been on the job for maybe three three weeks now, I guess something like that just I catch up. I don't know how it happened. I had no idea. I wouldn't have involved in any of this.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You can't drop that kind of bomb on you with no explanation.
Speaker 5: I agree, I agree, I agree. So I don't know how to feel about it.
Speaker 2: You may be losing hope. I think I might. We'll be too old.
Speaker 1: I know we're building, we're grabbing some you know, some quotes and things like that. We'll get into more of that. We do understand that things are escalating in Iran. Yesterday we actually had a report from Israel with my o's Israel and if you missed that, catch sat on yesterday's archive. But today, uh, you know, things are developing and how how much is the United States of America going to be involved? Has caused disagreement? You know which our country. That's fine, you know, that's we are that we have the right to discuss and debate, and we elect people and you know, when it comes to you know, getting involved or assisting in any kind of war that should be much debated and a lot to discuss. This one doesn't seem to be as complicated because one thing, I think we always should ask this question, what what is it risk here? And what are what is the gain here for the people of the United States of America. And to me, this one probably isn't as complicated as even people that I agree with on a lot of things are making it. I'm kind of more like Mark Levin when he says, look, I understand the concerns about it, but first of all, he said, I don't think that the assessment that Donald Trump is a pure isolationist is correct. He already destroyed ISIS and the Caliphate and and got involved in it needs to be done there now. He's strategic about, you know, when what we do and how we go about it. But when you have someone like Iron who has waged terror on the world for as long as I can remember, and they have said they didn't they didn't like kind of say it or suggest it that they hope one day to nuke us, that's that's not good.
Speaker 2: You don't really want that.
Speaker 1: You don't want a country saying that, and then you find out they're actually trying to get to where they could you know, some missiles that could reach us. And they've made it very clear that they want to destroy Israel first and then of course Britain and America. And that's not like, hey, somebody, I wonder if that's what they mean. No, they actually said that, right, yes, yeah, And so you don't want people who say they're going to nuke you to be able to have nukes.
Speaker 2: You just don't know. And to me, that's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: And if we have weapons that can help the Israelis destroy their ability to do that, then helping them and even if we have to fly them ourselves, I think is reasonable. I don't look at that like us getting involved in a world war. I look at that as if this is what y'all need to accomplish it, where allies will provide.
Speaker 5: It, this actually prevents a world war. Correct.
Speaker 1: So that's the way I mean, that's a pretty straightforward view of this. I understand people's concerns, but what you should do is, I know we've lost the ability to do this. If you have concerns, as do, I look and see if those concerns are valid based on the truth of what we're proposing to do. And if they are, then you need to make it. Let your voice be heard. But if that concern you, look and go, why we don't see any evidence of that? Like I heard Levin talking, thanks for letting me see that when he said the big thing is, oh, this is going to start a war in the Middle East. He said, where are the other Arab countries that are coming up saying we're gonna fight with Iran?
Speaker 2: Where are they?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: You know, they're sick and tired of them too, right, you know, you.
Speaker 5: Know the almost the past fifty years, they've been the problem.
Speaker 1: You don't even see China saying they're going to get involved in it. You certainly don't see Russia saying they're gonna get involved in it. And so I really think.
Speaker 5: That put just pulled some of the support from Iran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last night, I think what you're seeing right now is a rogue nation that most everybody would be good with if we would, you know, make sure they don't start throwing nukes everywhere. I think the whole world would say, we probably don't need anybody doing that, right, And so we'll see. But I know that started some debate even within the Republican Party today, because you know you have and I look, I don't want to get into ongoing, you know.
Speaker 2: Never ending wars either.
Speaker 1: This looks more like a game plan that is precise, and there's things that are needed. Those bunker busting missiles that we have yep, now we may have to fly on ourselves. Yeah, but that's okay with me.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I think the never ending war that you've talked about, and I'm not you know, some political pundit here, but just from what I've seen from the Mark Levins and I know Tucker Carlson is he's on the extream other side. I think you can be too hardline and not have any common sense. But I mean, if you look at it, it has been the never ending war for almost fifty years. This actually would put an end to it. And what they're targeting is in a is built into a mountain, and how many how many how deep do you say that that's like three miles three miles deep? And what they're saying they have at the ready is scary. And so the America first point of view that Trumps has always leaned on, actually this would be putting America first, because if they were able to develop it, then America would be the target. Well that was and so and so by eliminating that, it has actually is putting America first. And but I think I've seen some of the extremes. I think the way Tucker Carlson treated Ted Cruz was I think absurd. And I'm a Tucker Carlson fan, but the way he's acting about this is weird. I mean, it's like it's so far the other end some of them aren't even listening to reason.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And again, I don't begin to know. I'm not a military expert, but maybe we can fall somewhere into common sense and then kind of go with that, go with that, and we can't.
Speaker 2: We don't all have to agree on everything now we don't.
Speaker 5: But it's just it was just weird how he was. He went after him.
Speaker 7: That was a.
Speaker 11: Gotcha interview, that was that wasn't an interview, that wasn't a conversation. And I also a huge Tucker Carlton fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that would.
Speaker 11: To me was odd and yeah, just didn't really accomplish anything. No, of course we've only seen the little clip. Yeah, but yeah, the who knows how the full interview went, but that was a definite gotcha moment. Ted Cruise did not look good. I mean, I was embarrassed. I was embarrassed for Ted Cruise, but I was kind of also embarrassed for Tucker Carlson for bringing that. Trump has been on the record for a decade saying Iran cannot have nuclear weapons, and.
Speaker 3: He has a track record.
Speaker 11: Of not getting US into more endless boots on the ground wars Trump does. Trump has that record, and I hope that, just like you guys, we can stay out of an endless boots on the ground war. And Trump has a track record of keeping US out of those as well.
Speaker 1: So we'll see. But I understand the logic and I'm with you guys. Back to Tucker for just a minute. You know, if I was his friend, I would say, Tuck, you make some great points, and you've been bold about saying some things that need to be said, and I commend.
Speaker 2: You for that.
Speaker 1: Where you go south is when you get the crazy eyes. Every now and then you'll get crazy eyes when you you'll get in kind of a crazed rant and it's not a good look. And the little clips that I've seen you know, when he's really getting on cruise, he gets that crazy eyes look where you almost feel like he's not stable, you know, and it's like you just keep it calm and keep having a conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, And I think I think Ted Cruz he didn't. He did. He's not a historian on Iran, and that's what Tucker was trying to pinpoint to. He didn't know a lot about the population, and I understand that, And I think I think Ted Cruz was just saying, yeah, but we know what the the supreme leaders there of Iran. We know their stance, we know their their nuclear weapon, you know, advancement, we know they can't have it, we know what they want to do with it. I think that's kind of where he was landing. But Tucker was trying to make him look bad about not knowing as much about it, and you know, that's what I saw.
Speaker 1: And to me, that matters if we plan on going in and replacing the government like we've done in the past, that a lot of times were really dumb ideas and you can get something worse.
Speaker 2: I agree with all that.
Speaker 1: I think we got to keep it in the very simple We cannot allow Iran to develop newkes that they say and have said point blank, they will launch it us. We can't let that happen. That doesn't mean we have to replace the government. That doesn't mean we have to start running Iran or Iran as they like to be called. I hope the Persian people will take it and replace the government themselves. But until this is accomplished, they can't accomplish that either. They're they're on the ropes right now. We have a run on the ropes. Israel has done a masterful job so far, and we just need to finish and break their ability to wage nuclear war on their enemies period.
Speaker 5: And the rest of it is all just politics, correct.
Speaker 11: And you mentioned the Persian people getting it done yet, I think we need to not be in charge.
Speaker 3: Of the regime change. No, we seem do not be great.
Speaker 2: We're not good at that.
Speaker 3: No, to go south every time we tried to do that, I think twenty years.
Speaker 5: I think that that that the way Trump is leaning. It's almost like, hey, look, you need the bunker busting bombs. We're gonna go and we're gonna do that for you, and we're going to take out their nuclear deal and Israel you take it from here and and you know, and then we're out of it. That's all we're doing. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Can you watch this interview? Speed? Can you watch this? It's tough with your second hand embarrassment.
Speaker 5: It's tough. I almost had to stop it two or three.
Speaker 3: Times, buddy, Is it tough?
Speaker 1: Like I say, the crazy ass thing that when he goes there it gets out of hand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do. Y'all remember playing thumbs? Were all a good thumb, a great thumper, but I was I wasn't great. Yeah I was a good thumb. Were you did you? Did you wrap? Did you wrap the middle finger around?
Speaker 3: Bury it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They bury it. I'll offend.
Speaker 2: I don't pull it back like a trigger.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Or were you one that just kind of got it right there on the tip.
Speaker 1: Of the But I can't do it now? If you if you just joined us, we're talking about the thumb game.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just wonder do you kids still play the thump game? Or we got so soft they would be sent to the office.
Speaker 2: You would concentrate on the pinky.
Speaker 5: Oh you could wear that so way?
Speaker 11: Wait wait, okay, I thought y'all were just talking about so This is an actual not thumpers drinking again.
Speaker 1: You take turns thumping, you take like I can't do it now because arthritis.
Speaker 2: But always mine was always way back here.
Speaker 1: You did, you buried it off and then I wow, see I could never get it.
Speaker 2: I mean I could not hit that. I hit that little pinky right on the edge z.
Speaker 5: And sometimes if you hit that pinky on the edge, you was good. But sometimes you would miss. If you get too far back and hit that knuckle, it.
Speaker 1: Hurt you more hurt it would. You had to be care of thumb. Yeah, we played thumbs, but I guess that's probably outlawed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's what I was gonna ask, because.
Speaker 2: Does anybody play for us anymore?
Speaker 5: That's I mean, that's that's a huge dire.
Speaker 2: Was somebody thumping that on neck for you? About that my ear? And then then for some reason.
Speaker 3: If it's cold, if it's cold, you're done your ears. Just cut my ear off?
Speaker 1: About that frozen little piece of meat hanging down? Yeah, and the school bully would thump that thing for you right now.
Speaker 5: So the thumb wars are different than the song. The thumb wars is when you know.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's for tiny. I've already taught my grandkids that. Yeah, and I let them win. They think it's funny.
Speaker 5: Sure. Uh, I was just wondering about it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was gonna remind them whose boss.
Speaker 5: And then for some reason thumps wasn't enough. We went to pencil break.
Speaker 2: And we didn't do pencil break.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you, if you want to gracious the Thunderdome of them type games, the one with the combs bloody knuckles. Yes, you lay a comb flat and if you you know, and they would try to fake like they're coming to get and if you flinch and fell off, they got a free shot, and they would take the comb and cut you between.
Speaker 5: I forgot about I forgot about it like that. What about what if they then it fell off? I got a free shot. I remember seeing people's knuckles just lines all in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about this?
Speaker 1: Also in that same Thunderdome, in that same category, you remember with a deck of cards, knucks the cars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, we used to do it with quarters. It was not good. I think that was spreading some diseases.
Speaker 2: And then of course everybody had a comba in and pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody, we've become a kinder, gentler society, but we're also just soft.
Speaker 5: We are I think kids.
Speaker 2: Do the kids play thumps anymore? No, you really want to get deep. And this is usually involves alcohol. Great, No, don't do it alcohol. We're talking about middle school.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 2: Great, we didn't do alcohol.
Speaker 5: Alcohol.
Speaker 1: This is later, Okay, promote. It's a cautionary tale, is what I'm telling you. Anyway, But you would you would take your hand like this and you would measure from their jaw. Okay, and you couldn't draw back, just go straight. And you swapped lick.
Speaker 2: To promote greg and you're I go from here? Okay, now I.
Speaker 5: Go okay, you gonna do it?
Speaker 9: Great?
Speaker 2: Good one, just one good one.
Speaker 3: There's one good one.
Speaker 2: When you're being punched, you gotta hold your teeth together.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you better better.
Speaker 2: And then here's a bad thing about it. This goes back.
Speaker 1: I've seen this happen. They were playing it while somebody was driving, and they knocked the driver out, so they had what just for a second, ain't nothing funny about this slap was not I couldn't do anything about it. But that was not a time to line. Just kind of a swerve and he came back.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, I'm oh, it was just a swerve from Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Where we were. You took us that, you went where we shouldn't go.
Speaker 5: We went from school.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm drinking and hitting next day, you face.
Speaker 5: I just I don't remember. I don't ever. I don't have any memory of my boys. I think maybe at one point going hey, dadd would play thumps or I know whatever, because we all walked around with bloody knuckles and hands all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know we you know, we were we were tough ened up for the world. It was ahead.
Speaker 1: How about this, It goes back to the cant. You know, you got to you gotta learn to work through some stuff. We lived in a a young society that was it was not for the soft. I mean, everybody's trying to cut you with combs and thump your knuckles and thump your neck, dump your ear.
Speaker 2: And you remember when you're in half.
Speaker 11: Punch pants, you don't forget about pants at.
Speaker 2: What about frog?
Speaker 1: What about frogging your frogging your thigh, frogging your arm when you would get a broom out and trick them into doing that where you put your leg behind the other leg and you soon kick the broom the feathers, and they what if you do if you kick it hard, you kick.
Speaker 2: That leg out from it and you following your back. You're setting them up. You're adding games.
Speaker 1: It doesn't okay, we should play That worked the food world, and we trigged the bread man.
Speaker 2: You got delivered the bread speaking. We trigged him into and listen he he rared back and kicked his own leg off. Somebody brought ups up to you didn't want to.
Speaker 1: You didn't want anybody to take their class ering turn it up.
Speaker 2: So we had a teacher that would do that.
Speaker 1: Yes, miss Lawler, Yes, she would hitching top of the head with her slaw Lawler did things that she would be arrested for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about tricking people to see, hey, let me see how strong your neck? Yes, if I can pull your neck off the wall here and you have them sent up against a wall and then they're sitting there trying to get into what you can't think then you let go in the head.
Speaker 3: It's the wall.
Speaker 5: Almost knocked.
Speaker 8: But this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I know that we've been discussing these games, and Speedy brought it up with that. You know all boys played when we were growing up. We've come to the conclusion these things have been replaced by smartphones and video games.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, we had to get created and.
Speaker 2: Downtime.
Speaker 5: Uh, Greg, Greg was even time about when y'all were growing up about sometimes just I mean it's like you would have a summer day and you were like, what are we going to do? You know, because they're just wanted to many options, and God forbid you say you were bored. Because if my mom ever heard I was bored or whatever, she oh, you're bored, I got some things for you can do it, you could do and that she would always send me to the garage to sweep it out. And I get it now because you know, the garage can get away from you. That seemed to be the number one shore. Well clean the garage out, sweep it out.
Speaker 2: You're like, no, I'm up bored again.
Speaker 1: Raise your hand if you are thankful, though, raise your hand if you are speedy, thankful, thankful, thankful that smartphones did not exist. Yeah, when we were young us, I wouldn't be sitting here my hand is I would Well, yeah, it's a good point. I have A guy says well, you know, I got on my own when I was fifteen. What happened, Well, it was a video that my parents kicked me out.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Uh yeah, yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 11: I hate to go serious here, but y'all, these smartphones are a drug.
Speaker 2: It is a no question these kids, no question.
Speaker 11: I have seen kids, four or five kids all together at a playground and they're all sitting on their phones.
Speaker 5: They're at a playground like zombies.
Speaker 11: Yes, and it is it's so sad that and being being bored. Yeah, there is an important thing that happens to your brain when you're bored, like you actually begin to think of new things and new ideas and you process thoughts. And the fact that these kids aren't playing with each other, that's so bad for their socialists. Being socialized and being normal, having a being able to talk to girls, make a family.
Speaker 3: It builds on itself, and.
Speaker 2: Then the next thing family.
Speaker 11: The next thing, you know, you're nine years old and you and you don't have any friends, and you live by yourself, and it's just stink a little bit, and you stink.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 1: I watched because and I went out to eat last night with some friends and by the way, great meal. And yeah, right, he did say make a family. I watched vision. I watched a younger couple come in. They they because they seating them at the table. That like, if you're looking, if I was looking across at our friends, they would have been on the table behind them, so I could see them.
Speaker 2: Am I just normal view? And I watched them and they came in. You know where I'm going.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this is a couple.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: And they come in and they sit them down. They're working on making a family great, great restaurant. After and look, as soon as they're both their rear ends hit their seats, they picked their phones up and start going and they're sitting at the table together.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: They didn't talk to each other. No, they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: And the thing that got me about the drug of it is just being a person who loves to eat and loves good food. I can't believe, why did you not at least look at the menu first? Yeah, I mean you went to the phone before the menu. Wow, I mean, shouldn't you be kind of looking to see what's the special tonight or whatever? At least shouldn't that have at least you don't have to interact with the person that you're on a date with. I guess, but shouldn't you at least look at the menu first? Are you going there to pull up the website of the restaurant when there's a paper you know? Because by the way, if you want to upset me, be some of these people that never changed back to the to the menu after the pandemic. You remember that dumb thing that we weren't allowed to hold menus because we somehow that was going to give us COVID.
Speaker 2: We had to do the old QR code or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We don't have menus scan this.
Speaker 2: We don't menus because we're trying to save the world. And you want the menu means you hate people. M m okay, thanks whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, look I think that.
Speaker 1: And I've said this on the show already, and I'm acknowledging that if you want to know whether your child is addicted to a phone, just take it away from watch them react and watch their reaction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're all over that.
Speaker 1: And if they have a conniption and start rolling in the floor like a heroin attic, you got a problem.
Speaker 2: That's a problem. Yeah, are they grab it won't let you have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that do.
Speaker 11: People need to hear the message, don't let your kid be don't have let your kid have on you know, uh, monitors, unsupervised, unmonitored access to the Internet. Do people need to hear that again, because it seems like they need they do. Even YouTube, the AutoPlay stuff can lead them down a very bad and weird rabbit hole. That algorithm fees. I remember there was a time period in which the algorithm was messed up and it was feeding kids to this weird video of like a clown breaking into a kid's house, and it was just the weirdest thing ever. Monitor what your kids are doing and don't let them talk to anybody that you don't personally know.
Speaker 1: Should we say this? I think what just happened on the show, and I think this what makes us unique. We just said that the world would be a better place if your kid would put down his phone and thump somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what we just.
Speaker 3: Said and played. The play was a long way.
Speaker 2: It's a long way home, but we've done it.
Speaker 5: Teach your kid thumps today.
Speaker 11: And the one inch punch game that Greg was talking yeah, which.
Speaker 5: I was wondering, Hey, by the way, can I.
Speaker 2: Different game? Serious?
Speaker 5: Can I give you a wedgie?
Speaker 2: Adler?
Speaker 5: I haven't done that.
Speaker 3: My older brother was so brutal to me by the time. By the time I got into public, I was so mean.
Speaker 2: You were ready.
Speaker 3: I was like ready for prisons.
Speaker 11: You know, I had already been in solitary with a crazy man like so once I got into the general population, I did.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, you were prepared.
Speaker 2: By half of big brothers everywhere. You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you for thank you for preparing us.
Speaker 5: I'm about to go when you get you up on you tippy toes. Oh you know.
Speaker 1: Well, Greg and I saw one, and it may been the greatest wedgie We saw the band come loose on the underwear one all the way over the kid's head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Atomic atomic really the old atomic, world class, world class feet slightly off the ground.
Speaker 1: I think there was more pants than going on than wages, because you know, we'd have to wear them jim shorts to work.
Speaker 2: Out so easy.
Speaker 3: The amount of pantsing.
Speaker 1: I mean those, I mean just you didn't have to struggle at all, just because they were elastic.
Speaker 2: Ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would wait till that'd be a big crowd all of a sudden. Yep, you especially if you have if you had a jo because we always wore jock straps. So it's yeah. But see, we were traumatized and it helped us. And you know, at least at least we how to look somebody in the eye into a job interview.
Speaker 2: Yaka. Yeah, because we were constantly having a talk. We didn't give them away.
Speaker 5: Look, let's just be honest with it too. We were a little bit we were more smooth with when it came to asking girls out because you had because you had to. I mean, now now they just text each other and they don't know how to ask them out. That they don't know because they get locked up. You know, what do they do?
Speaker 11: You know, if you like me, respond to this emoji in a positive way and we'll keep it.
Speaker 2: Vague and like my message, and she liked my post. Here's a emphasize it.
Speaker 1: Here's a grandparent. Okay, my kids watch you all five hours a day on YouTube. Should I stop that? No, what they're learning. What they're learning, they'll be asking you. They'll be asking they, Papa, tell me about thumps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Papa, stump my ear pop up.
Speaker 1: So we've we've covered a lot a lot of people are probably thinking they can't believe the world that we grew up and lived in. Uh, but I think I think it was much better childhood than my nose in an iPad or my nose in the phone. And I'm socially awkward. Uh but but anyway, and you had to go through some stuff. I mean, you've got your little feelings hurt, and yeah, you know, and sadly, somebody on text Nations said, I know, shall left out b B gun battles. Well, we left that out because we don't want to promote that. That's not no, that's that's not good idea.
Speaker 2: Did we do it? Yes? Should we have done it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: And very dangerous. You know, somebody's going to put a NYE.
Speaker 5: Claim we weren't going to shoot at each other's head, but that was all they'd stick out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, right, Well, and then we had forts, and then people would just fire into the fort. I'm not sure how you avoid somebody's head doing that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shot there, hide and go seek. You knew when you were caught, ye, because I mean if you got shot, you were it.
Speaker 3: Yep, you got shot, you were caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shot.
Speaker 1: By the way, let's just talk about forts in general. Did y'all love building for it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: A tree fort was the car fortsved in it were three houses. We built a nice tree house. Remember we barred some of the from the house. It was I thought that.
Speaker 2: I thought. I thought that wood was out there for for taking. They were done with it.
Speaker 1: I did not know it was there for them to finish work the next day. Oh no, really, a bunch of little boys marching various pieces of plywood into the woods.
Speaker 2: And the big bag ofels because they left that out too. I thought, was this is probably going to use those.
Speaker 3: We're probably going to use that.
Speaker 2: I thought, Man, these people loved it, loved the kids of our neighborhood. And look they want to help us.
Speaker 5: But you're right, you had to get creative. I mean you know you did. Yeah, I mean we'd get creative. And and uh, my dad, by the way, he says, hello, Uh, how are y'all doing? He said, talking about the good old days? He said, it reminds me back in the day, we used to have drive ins, and that's where you go. I mean, you'd go to the drive in, park your car, nobody get out, hang out. Of course you don't see much of that anymore. Everybody's off getting in trouble.
Speaker 1: My drive in memories of when I was a kid. There were two drive ins in between aston and Jacksonville, and there was one an Auxtor too.
Speaker 2: But you remember going to the midway drive I do. Of course.
Speaker 1: Dad woul drink his pickup truck and we'd sit in lawn chairs in the back of it. Of course I remember getting in trouble at one Well, I'm chure I made a comment.
Speaker 2: I remember. I heard older kids say it. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I remember that wasn't a movie. I think we were watching like uh terrible that the Neptune disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. I did not know.
Speaker 1: And Dad, like you said, Dad take his pickup trub. We put chairs in the back of it, put speakers out there. I got in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I was a stupid little kid. An older kids said something of this. Our dad hates anything disrespectful, I mean to the disrespecting authority may be one of the things he hated the most.
Speaker 2: Okay, And I didn't know what it meant. I didn't know. Yeh, should I say it? Yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not anything nasty, but it's just it's a very offensive thing. And I didn't know it as a kid. So we're there's a big highway that ran past the driving on this ten ten and eleven ten. We had we had older kids in the neighborhood, you know. I remember, I remember one time I shot one of a bird and he said, you don't even know what that means, you a little stupid kid.
Speaker 2: And I didn't and he was like, what does it mean? What does it mean? I should I ain't gonna tell you. Yeah, I know, but anyway, so, uh, it was just so rough.
Speaker 1: But we're sitting and Dad's it's a nice evening and you know how you wait on the sun go all the way down for the movie starts still a little bit late summer, and the police went by with sirens out on the highway, and like a stupid little kid, I didn't know, I said, we're to go to the pigs and my dad and so I got I didn't know. I didn't know what that meant. I heard older kids saying it, Oh no, and I throw that out like I'm some criminal, and UH got in trouble buddy, Oh I did got torpid driving.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Really it didn't matter? Popcorn?
Speaker 1: You said this, pitch my little chubby self sitting there now for the Disney movie, tears stained still on my fall face, my little fallow face, still staying with tears.
Speaker 2: Eat my popcorn, baby brother grinning. I thought the other one got in trouble. It was great, Yeah, it was perfect, no matter what.
Speaker 1: How about I just shouted out like I was hip right in front of my door, would you saund Like I was some don't you ever? Like I was some pothead from school I didn't know five? Oh yeah, yeah, he was probably taking that he didn't.
Speaker 2: I chose to work for you could have chosen also, speedy.
Speaker 1: Have you have you checked on the fact that I know you try to keep us updated on the n h L.
Speaker 2: You know we have a new champion, we do Stanley Cutt time.
Speaker 5: Is that back to back for them?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Are you Are you glad that?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you glad that Edmonton lost? Since they beat the Stars, it was a great while you and j C were there before he and Hope we got their new friendship started.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I won't go into all that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean Florida. I was kind of paying attention to it. I've tried to get give the NHL a lot more. It is really cool. Y'all need to go.
Speaker 1: But the n A the NHL because you even said it about Dallas. It's kind of like college football long before college football got there. Like, just because you see somebody play and say for Oklahoma, it doesn't mean they have any connection to Oklahoma whatsoever. They were brought from who knows where. So even though you see Dallas and you see Florida, most of the good players are still Canadian, right, Uh, because it feels weird that Florida is good at hockey. It feels weird a lot of foreigners from like Russian place, right, h yeah, right talking about see I'm pitching a bunch of Floridians winning the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 5: No, no, no. As a matter of fact, j C educated me, He goes, Dad, you know the front the entire front line for the Dallas Stars of Finland from Finland.
Speaker 1: Right, so they come they come from these hockey countries. Yeah, how many home own.
Speaker 2: Really good hockey players do we have?
Speaker 1: So you're thinking that hung out at the beach are now playing hockey. Yeah, which that's not true, but it's weird for Florida to be good at hockey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, Yeah, the Florida Panthers that that was back to back for them, and it was them and Edmonton in the finals the last two years and Florida has won.
Speaker 2: I did not know that, so that that's the same exact setup.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear this interview from Matthew to.
Speaker 1: Catch to check he's a forward.
Speaker 3: He's a forward for Florida.
Speaker 11: He's got three goals and four assists this series, which is incredible.
Speaker 3: Uh, he had some injuries that he worked through.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to hear, Okay, sure, do you think the average fan has any idea what you went through? And what did you go through?
Speaker 1: I tore my ad oufter off the bone and that had some hernia thing and all on the same side, and I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Throw in the towel a bunch of times. I'm sure.
Speaker 8: I I gotta thank a lot of people, I mean for getting me healthy enough.
Speaker 3: And sure I wasn't the easiest to deal with.
Speaker 2: I mean, my John Say did.
Speaker 8: A great drop of the house side.
Speaker 3: There you go. But yeah, hockey guys, man.
Speaker 5: And that's what Greg and I were talking, because you know, he was like, man, the Stanley Cup Finals is the playoffs that goes forever. And not that I'm some expert, but seeing one live, you see like the how their bodies are treated and how beat up they are, and I'm like, yeah, it takes some time between games to kind of recoup travel. And that's why these things are so spread out. They can't just go would playing tonight, Let's play again tomorrow night? I will beat up?
Speaker 3: Does you feel like that, Greg?
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like when you heard the din You hear the hear the toughness of this guy.
Speaker 2: You think he must have been they played nuts wherever he was.
Speaker 5: You know they did. But you hear stuff like that, and and really we should give hockey more, and we say that, We say that every single.
Speaker 3: A little bit more.
Speaker 5: This year.
Speaker 3: We got a little bit.
Speaker 2: More this year.
Speaker 1: You a few years old, and I've never given anything, so I'm probably not.
Speaker 11: I think it's never too late to change, Greg, It's never too late to change.
Speaker 1: The part that I think I struggle with is the ice. If this were on grass, I think I'd be all about it.
Speaker 3: Really, So the whole game. Then just the whole basis of the whole game.
Speaker 1: Then right, yeah, the ice skating part. And even though I know that gives the speed and the hits and all that, there's something about that ice that makes me feel like being a Southerner, I came like, and we just don't know much about ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know much about ice. We're scared of ice. We don't like the thought of ice.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you watching it, you forget there on ice because it does look like they're just running around.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So lacrosse, then you prefer lacrosse.
Speaker 2: I think so, maybe hey, with a little more contact.
Speaker 5: Okay, Greg, there's more to NASCAR than NASCAR and college football.
Speaker 2: I'm stepping out. We'll be back next year.
Speaker 5: I'm on pull for Florida Panthers. But tell her factors where they're sending you, sem.
Speaker 2: We continue Rick Burder's show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, Rick, it's a shame from Palm Mount. How you doing, buddy? Hey? This now this is song will come off a little bit out in the week. So I got a question for you guys, And it's just been but my wife God bless her lover. She likes to spend the night away from home. We're fifty years old.
Speaker 3: Once or twice a week.
Speaker 9: Sometimes she'll go spend the night with a family member or with a friend. And I told her last week, got to the honey, I don't know anybody else that does that besides you. Where are you guys?
Speaker 5: That will?
Speaker 10: I does your wife?
Speaker 9: Do you do your wives do something like that?
Speaker 2: And if they do, to the body, shame, shame, shame. Don't hang out, Shane, you got so many I almost need to put you on hold and maybe talk to you in the break Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah? And now where where do you have do you have life? Three sixty?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: She share her location?
Speaker 2: Right, remember they put they put their phone anywhere? Keep yeah?
Speaker 5: Right's right?
Speaker 2: No, Shane, I trust her.
Speaker 10: I trust her as far as I don't.
Speaker 9: It's not that I don't trust her, as far as doing so.
Speaker 1: Nobody, nobody named Jody's ever mentioned. I'm just just you got to ask that question.
Speaker 5: So she's staying with family members, you say normally?
Speaker 1: And just what?
Speaker 5: Just she loves to meet and you.
Speaker 2: Do you snore? Maybe she needs a few nights she as gets to sleep that's a good great, that's a good question.
Speaker 9: She has two sisters and uh, you know, and so she'll stay with you know, she'll go stay with one of them and then the one week and one of the next. Or she's got a couple of friends that she'll go spend the night with them. And it's it's it's almost every week.
Speaker 2: Shane, Rick comes to my house and does that a lot.
Speaker 1: No, Shane, I don't know that I've ever spent the night at your house. I don't think I have in my house now. So let's go back to this for a minute. Okay, let's take infidelity off the table, right. Okay, they were just being funny. Well I'm just you know, you do have to worry about that for a minute. But you said you totally trust her. Yes, Uh, you know, there's a lot of guys texting right now saying their wife doesn't do that, but boy, they wouldn't mind it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, how old are y'all?
Speaker 1: You're getting a lot of time to yourself there, Shane, I don't know that that's that that's overly bad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but we're fifty we're fifty one.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: When she is home, does everything go well?
Speaker 9: Rick, Yes, okay, yeah, well we've been married for thirty one years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, so I think, but you asked the question is do we experience that? And the answer, unfortunately, is is well are fortunately no, No, my wife doesn't do that. I don't any of your wife do that that often?
Speaker 2: That often?
Speaker 1: How about it's rare that my wife is not home. She doesn't spend the night with girlfriends or anything like that. I don't know that ever that I can think of. No, you know, now she goes on to speaking engagement or something like that. You know, she may, you know, come back the next day.
Speaker 5: What is it when you ask her, hey, why do you do this? Or let's go what's going on? What does she say?
Speaker 9: Well, she listens, I'm a homebody and she is not hours a week. Yeah, but but you know, I just posed this question to her this week, and this has been going on for years, and I said, honey, you know, I don't know of anybody else's wife that does this. And she said, well, you like to sit at home.
Speaker 2: And I don't.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: She she's basically saying, I enjoyed my time with you, but you're not you're you're not a seven day fund zone. I gotta go hang out with my sisters so we can cut up.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: She's just getting out, stretching her legs a little bit, like like if you were somebody who.
Speaker 2: Liked to go fishing or are hunting and she wasn't into it. This is her version of that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Ray, And she kind of kind of made that point. But I said, honey, you know it's go go visit and do and go and do as much as you want, but come home.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's there's been times like, sure, you might go to the farm when I have to work. If she's going to ride or do or get things done, she might say, hey, I'm just gonna spend the night. I'm gonna come back tomorrow. That that happens every now and then, but not weekly. Right, Yeah, how far the sisters away? If you said this, I'm sorry. Do they live out of town or is are they in the same town.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty close.
Speaker 9: One one lives about twenty five minutes away and the other about ten minutes away.
Speaker 1: Okay, the question was is that something that we experience And the answer to that is no. Should you be concerned about it. I think she's proven herself that that's not the issue, and I think maybe, you know, you just have to maybe find something positive about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that or getting RV yeah, or you know, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: But or a sweet van or something.
Speaker 1: Does it bother you enough that you would go? I would just would rather you not spend the night. I wish you'd just come back. Does it bother you that much?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well she tells me that it's a control issue on my end.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, if she's doing it every week, I don't think you're being unreasonable. If she was just doing it every now and then, you you're probably being unreasonable. But every week, that's that's a little much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 8: Here's the Rick Burdger's show.
Speaker 2: I want to kick myself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm meant to ask, is this new behavior? Or was I that I understand this has been the way it's been their whole thirty one years.
Speaker 5: That's important.
Speaker 2: Didn't he say that it wasn't new behavior?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I'm meant to ask, too, when did this start?
Speaker 2: Right it? Did he say this has been the way it's been the whole time? Or am I just remembering that wrong?
Speaker 11: Maybe they've kind of always had this attitude the whole time, but maybe the sleepovers were a little more new. But I was just I'm just kind of trying to guess. But that is that is odd the whole we we all we all thought, hey, let's call it. We were all in the break room. We all said it was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe we should.
Speaker 3: Greg had a theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm staying out. Don't don't bring Greg's coffee pot theory out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's not do it.
Speaker 3: I'm on now, sister's flying cover.
Speaker 5: N thirty one years of marriage. They're not new. I think that the question Rick is how long?
Speaker 1: He said, it's been that way for years? The guy I thought, I did hear that the text nation is reassured.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, then.
Speaker 1: Somebody I went said a few years, okay, a few years, different than along a lot of years.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Now, I did see some saying that their wife because of their job, they're they're gone multiple days a week.
Speaker 2: That's different. Yeah, I mean that happened.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of marriages where the husband or the wife, you know, they're they're on the road, and that's normal. That's always been that way, that their marriages are fine and healthy. That that's fine. But this scene, this is a little bit, this filtered a little well, it's just weird. And again he asked if this was normal behavior. That's what he called to ask he because he said told his wife he didn't think it was, and we I think confirmed that it wasn't. If if your sister is just ten ten minutes away, why not come home after hanging out with her most of the evening? Unless and he didn't say this, maybe they're drinking wine and hanging out.
Speaker 5: She doesn't need to drive.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're throwing that.
Speaker 3: She drives ten minutes home, like that's that's what I was saying.
Speaker 5: But unless I'd agree, Although unless she was partaking and maybe just hanging out and they get.
Speaker 2: Together and the ladies they get out the.
Speaker 1: Wine and yeah, and then she doesn't need to drive, so she just stayed up to who knows you? You don't needed I meant to ask what denomination they were.
Speaker 5: What he does he do is get out of the house. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: He's got he's gotta we gotta get him, we gotta get shange the hobby. He's got hours.
Speaker 1: Because the minute he was saying that she was going that much. I kept thinking about what I would be doing, Yeah, and about I.
Speaker 5: Would say, look, I'm gonna go wa you to your sister's house, but we're gonna come on back tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, are the sister's married too, Because if my wife buys her sister over all the.
Speaker 2: Time spend the night, I'd be like, that's we have company. Yeah, what about those sister's husbands.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so my wife's sister was stayed at our house this best weekend. But that's not every week No, No, I was just complaining about it.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 4: For that.
Speaker 3: Kids have a blast with you already already cool, she's a cool land.
Speaker 2: Her sisters ever come to their house, does bring her dogs.
Speaker 1: She brings your own dogs on top of the dogs on it. You say, dog, we gotta do something about the DB's hey dog bringers.
Speaker 5: Hey. Greg brought up a good point. Invit the sisters overtell tell them to come you all come my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let them come spend the night here one night, honey.
Speaker 5: I did he say? His Her response was, when when asked about all this, is that he was controlling.
Speaker 3: Okay, see he kind of opened the bag there or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sure they have talked about this. It does bother him. She has fired back and said, don't try to control me.
Speaker 2: So it is a problem, and says all you want to do is sit around the house.
Speaker 3: So it is a problem in their marriage.
Speaker 1: They have discussed I want to party, Wow, Shane need we love you se Shane.
Speaker 5: We do need to stop.
Speaker 3: Let me say, this marriage is the greatest and we want we wish them success. That's why we're talking about it. We can't just sweep things under that. We talk about it.
Speaker 2: We've been pulled in, Greg, But at least I wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Greg, be available, be emotionally available to her.
Speaker 2: It's fine. Nobody spending the night of my house. Well that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Greg.
Speaker 5: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: Listen to what I said a minute ago. Greg and our brothers.
Speaker 1: I would never never, not because because unless work's involved, and that's different, that's a unique situation, still weird bit different, But in normal situation, Greg's house is an hour and twenty minutes from my house. Never once, never once, if I was up there all day for something, Yeah, have I ever thought too far?
Speaker 2: Drive back. You know what I mean. I'm spending the night with Greg.
Speaker 1: When we go to visit our siblings, we still go home when it's over, even if we've been there all day, right, same thing in my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's getting late. You ain't got that druve.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna stay here. The spend the night part is how about going like spending another way? But I don't either a ban I got to next Wednesday. Yeah, Greg, Well you're sure he's gonna spend the night with Larry.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you gonna spend a night with Carrot.
Speaker 1: What what if Speedy has such a good time he starts doing like that guy's wife and goes and spends the night with Larry and Carolyn about twice a week. What if Terry came to Speedy keeps going to Larry and Carolyn, just staying overnight.
Speaker 5: Terry did say, she said, do you want me to go with you?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that to her? And that's what? Well, now we got a whole new day. We got a whole new there now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know, yeah, guess bedroom delight, carry gonna hold her tig, gonna have some guess room to light.
Speaker 1: On the text line, I'm surprised Speedy doesn't spend the night at Hobies.
Speaker 5: How about this. I never unless we're traveling as a you know, for something. I never spent the night away.
Speaker 2: From Nobody wants to spend the night because we're adults.
Speaker 3: We go to our home and sleep at our homes.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to you're in hunting season, we'll go and spend the night for a hunt.
Speaker 2: But that's it. I don't do well when i'm not I like to have my snuggle with me.
Speaker 5: I don't do well. I turned it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you know enough. Speculating on their marriage, yeah, we were asked publicly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sane, I saw you be a coffee cup holding holding court.
Speaker 11: Maybe they can set some expectations, set some ground rules and talk about it and say, you know what, maybe once a let's limit to once a month.
Speaker 3: Let's just limit it to once a month. I would feel better about that. Once a week is a lot, he said, more.
Speaker 2: Than once a week. More than once a week, okay. Sometimes I spent a couple like two to three times a week.
Speaker 5: I think I put in there.
Speaker 2: That's not he said, six times one time.
Speaker 1: If you know, if your husband said more than once a week. I'm going over to the guys and we're gonna play poker, and I was gonna stay over there. And they kept doing it every week, a couple of times a week. Hey, we can't even go to the hunting camp for.
Speaker 5: More than just one not once a year.
Speaker 2: I get away with it at one time, maybe twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, I hope I wish them the best. Greg hopes their marriage breaks.
Speaker 5: You're actuated to save it.
Speaker 2: You're the one that's making trouble. Frankly, Yeah, you're right. I gave him, you know, maybe snort something like that. You'll get a lot of sleep.
Speaker 3: And Shane, you need to make sure you're emotionally available.
Speaker 5: To you on the phone too much.
Speaker 2: What are you? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Greg look married for thirty one years. I'm sure he's not naive because he's been married for thirty one years, right, So maybe there's more. Maybe he's he's not a good explain Maybe he didn't explain it.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, based on based on the phrase need to move on? How about this?
Speaker 1: This is the last I'll speak of it until I think of something else. The the he used the term controlling and he used the term I'm a homebody, and she basically she basically says I'm boring.
Speaker 5: He says he works a lot.
Speaker 2: Maybe Shane needs to be a little more fun.
Speaker 5: Yep, Shane, you need yeahs fun, engaged, engauge, you know es just fun over there?
Speaker 2: They played games.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you took her out for when's the last time you took her out for a date. Gotta go on, you have to keep dating.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 3: You got to keep the road.
Speaker 2: You've been married like five years.
Speaker 11: You got to keep the romance alive. Greg at five five, it's been for long five years. If it's only been five years, Ruby's Ruby's five over five.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're making it weird now. But you know what I just I didn't expect to be pulled in this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he says, Hey, walt to sister. Once you have her, come over here and spend the night tonight, or go over there and y'all come back.
Speaker 2: Raise your hand. If you thought when Shane first started it was gonna be something much more lighthearted, I did. I wish had called you.
Speaker 5: The only ones didn't raise your hand and said you did. You don't listen did you think he was gonna go into that. No, okay I did.
Speaker 3: But you need to keep, you know, keep the keep the romance alive, Keep the romance alive. Yeah, by a gift or something. Maybe an outfit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't buy our outfit because they don't like what you pick out. That's right, boy. If you do.
Speaker 1: Now you've got to stand there and when that person asks you who's helping you, what size you wear?
Speaker 2: You're in a bind. Yeah, and you are.
Speaker 5: Going in person.
Speaker 1: A little bit different. This is Stephen A. Smith taking on the narrative that Trump is ruling like a king. Remember, just because the left screams something mate signs and t shirts, then it's real. Whether it makes any sense or not, they seem to. They continue to show the world that they use phrases that they don't really seem to understand the true definition of them. If he is a king, as we would say, he's not a very good one. He's even said if I was a king, trust me, there'd be a lot more getting done.
Speaker 2: That's getting done. Stephen A. Smith will now dump water on this narrative that Trump is ruling like a king.
Speaker 13: Yeah, people talk about no kings no kings. He's not a dictator. This is not an authoritarian regime. But that's why he's trying to make it like well, really, that's why the state's suing him. That's why he's losing some of these cases in court.
Speaker 3: Last time I check.
Speaker 13: You're in a position of power, you try to get your way, somebody sues you. They fend you off by going through our court system. The court system makes it ruley and as a result, it shows.
Speaker 5: That our system works.
Speaker 13: What is Trump doing differently than what he campaigned doing. You may not like it, that's why you win the election. So he's not in a position to do it as opposed to focusing on stuff that they gonna win an election.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 1: He's saying, if he is a king, then there wouldn't mean a way to stop him from doing eithing. And Trump sorry said that to himself. If I was a king, trust me, there'd be a lot more things that I would do, and I wouldn't have the wrestling match that I have. He's no different than any other administration that's ever gone into power. He tries to to get through what he thinks will be best for America, and then the system either allows it to go through or the system stops it. King kings don't have to do that. If I could just break that to everybody. Uh, let's look at five too. This is this is that weird thing that it keeps happening, you know, the protest against ICE rounding up illegal aliens and Tatan sending them back to where they came from. The thing that continues to be strange about this is the whole thing that we thought we were told. And there are some people that this is true about no doubt. Of course, we have a legal immigration system that we can certainly work on making that smoother, but it's there. I talked with someone last night who became an American citizen. He talked told me about the system, and he said, you know someone who came to this country and work to get my legal citizenship.
Speaker 2: I have no stomach for these people, he said, I don't. Why are that?
Speaker 1: Why are they more special than me? You even saw we have some of the cuts on that the view trying to get Arnold Yeah to say something bad about Ice, and all he did was talk about how good America has been to him.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is that backfired on him, So.
Speaker 2: We have that too.
Speaker 1: But here's a woman who's who's been arrested because she tore down the United States flag and raised a Mexican flag, saying, this is my land.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna tell me what to do with mex Look at that flag, because that flag isn't on the floors.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: My people kill you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pee when you're hurting me, and you're gonna.
Speaker 9: Regret it when you touch me and when your kids died, when your kids die, you're squishing.
Speaker 3: My hand, and I already know.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make us feel bad.
Speaker 5: Is it wasn't that at a park or something like that. I think it's Heart Park, I believe, which is I'm not sure where, but I believe it was like a state park or something. It was the entrance and she decided to change it up.
Speaker 2: So I want to know.
Speaker 1: I thought you, yeah, I thought you were coming here to be part of America. So you're coming here to reclaim it for Mexico, right, And of course it's not helping us when you say you're squeezing my arm.
Speaker 2: My people are going to kill your children. That's not good. That's not a happy thing. So let's go to Arnold.
Speaker 1: He was on the view I think to be probably the best part of the speech, you think, because other one it's a little lengthy. But so Arnold is on the view and he's asked what does he think about ice arresting illegals and sending them back. They want him to be negative about Ice, but he doesn't go there at all. He talks about, you know, how wonderful America's been to him, and what other country could he have come here as an immigrant and have the career that he had, and that he does not care for people trying to do what he did legally illegally.
Speaker 2: So here he is on the view. He never did take de bait.
Speaker 6: Because I'm an immigrant. And the people will be there, will be seven thousand some people there, and we will be there. There will be people that will be sworn in and will become citizens. That's so it's really a great, great celebration. This is what this is all about, is to celebrate people becoming Americans and coming to America and order. And so I just think the world of the great kind of history that we have with immigrants in America. But the key thing also is at the same time that you've got to do things legal. That is the important thing, you know. So you've got to do things legal. And those people that are doing illegal things in America and they're there foreigners, they are not smart because when you come to America, you'll.
Speaker 5: Guess and you have to behave like a guest.
Speaker 6: Like when I go to someone's house and I'm a guest, then that will do everything I can, keep things clean and to make my path and to do everything that is the right thing to do, rather than committing a crime or being abusive or something like that. So that doesn't really work in this country. So I think the important thing is when you become an immigrant to think about, Okay, I go to America because I want to use America for the great opportunities that America has in education, in jobs, creating a family, all of those kind of things. Then you have to think about, Okay, if I get all of those things from America, then I have to give something back. You have a responsibility as an immigrant to give back to America and to pay back to America and to go and do something for your community for no money whatsoever. Give something back to after school program, especially Olympics or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Make this country a Blama matters.
Speaker 1: Thank you, say, I'm trying to tap him on the own, and he's done it enough. He knew I've got the monologue. I'm not let him going.
Speaker 2: He does say, though, if I does show up, he said, you John't. I tell you, boy, that accent has really worked out.
Speaker 1: Here, which is fine, but most people that's bothered you the whole time he's been here, his accent hasn't gotten any better.
Speaker 3: That's not what the clip was about.
Speaker 5: It was not I am so glad that camera shot was just on him because I was so uncomfortable. They're seeing the whole panel just trying to They couldn't believe where it was going.
Speaker 2: To cut him off?
Speaker 3: What what tried to cut him off? And Arnold said, no, I'm proud to feel balk At least I know he was probably signed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just and he said what they he said what they did not want him to say. Look, if you're here illegally, that's that's my problem. You can't come here commit crimes. You got to show some appreciation and that that is not what they wanted. They thought he was going to go off on this ice stuff. He never ever went down that road and they hated it. Oh yeah, they hated it.
Speaker 5: Have to guess.
Speaker 2: I'm ye.
Speaker 3: So what was that supposed to be? Armed?
Speaker 5: A bit of Catherine Heppert Forest Immigrant Get bye.
Speaker 1: Now, we do know that, you know, one of the things that we embraced and coming into this new year is that we would try our best to always come to you from the real world. Look all the technology we have now we covered some of this early in the program. People are going off into these worlds that they're not real and and you know, do you remember the first time we started and I don't want to open this door again. It's always just the best example. When we couldn't believe in the latter years of the Rick and Bubba Show that the flat Earth people were back, we couldn't believe it. But then it was explain to us how that would happen on the documentary Social Dilemma, that these people had been sucked into a fake world. We're inside that algorithm. Everybody believed the Earth was flat, and all the points you make about a flat Earth is the only thing you ever hear. You never heard the round Earth people at all that were completely taken out of your life. So before you know it, you think, well, why doesn't everybody believe this? So you got you got to learn to think for yourself. You got to learn to do your own research. Well, I'm looking at video twelve today and that or Speedy whoever found this video. People on the internet are claiming that pandas aren't real.
Speaker 3: Make some good points. They make some good this fake animals, this gout make some good points.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: So y'all before we start.
Speaker 11: This, because you know, documentaries can change your can change your mind pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Right now, what do y'all say? Are pandas?
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm gonna go they're real. Say they're real, buddy.
Speaker 1: A lot of evidence for a lot of evidence since I saw some of them in person in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're gonna This video is going to address that. Okay, you might not be thinking this after this documentary.
Speaker 2: That is a big fat Lias do not exist.
Speaker 4: They don't exist in people's homes, they don't exist in the wild, but they do exist in the zoo. The first panda to be discovered was in the nineteen twenties, and the first panda to be brought over to the US. Was in the nineteen thirties by this woman. And you know how I feel about what so you're telling me. In over four thousand years of Chinese history, they've never seen panda until the nineteen twenties. Even in the Chinese zodiac they have a dragon. Dragons are real, but panda's. They've been lying to you about animals. These are This is called a fake animal. They have fake animals in zoos just to gain popularity, gain, gain money, gain.
Speaker 3: Yep, you got to follow the money.
Speaker 2: First of all, they kept editing and you couldn't. He couldn't finish his sinate.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's not about what it's not what the videos about.
Speaker 1: He didn't say one thing that made me think they may not be pandas I didn't hear one thing. What about the zodiac? What about the four thousand years of Chinese Yeah, I kept cutting off when he's talking.
Speaker 2: Well, whoever edited it?
Speaker 1: And to see someone of Asian descent have so little technical skill is surprising.
Speaker 3: He's a he's an investigator, not an editor.
Speaker 2: The Asians know how to use technology, Adler. We all know that they were way ahead of the rest of us.
Speaker 5: With the camera.
Speaker 2: I still feel good that pendas are real. I'm going with that. All right.
Speaker 1: So if he's saying they're just in a zoo, what are they wearing a cost fake animals? What about the fact that he's he just saying all the people who have filmed them live, they they put them out there and made them look like they were in the wild. They pretended they were in the wild.
Speaker 3: Let's see what he might have what they actually are here on all right, here.
Speaker 5: Look at this picture.
Speaker 4: That's a stuffed animal, but they make you think it's real.
Speaker 2: Okay, it did look like stuff.
Speaker 3: That makes some good points?
Speaker 2: Are there stuffed animals coming from better points than that?
Speaker 1: I watched him roll around and none of this, None of those were stuffed animals.
Speaker 3: If you if you want to say man could have been a small man.
Speaker 2: If you want to say they were in costume, it was a great costume. But you can't say that. You can't say there's stuffed animals.
Speaker 3: You think it's costumes.
Speaker 5: Then I do not Patterson film Little Man.
Speaker 3: So you know it's uh raises some good questions.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's that's horrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'm reading here that you might have had some dates wrong.
Speaker 2: I believe there it's flat for I believe that. Oh wow, I would thank you. I would believe that.
Speaker 1: I believe I was just to do a phone segment. Now I'm just saying, let's get started. Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 2: Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Pondas are real, Daddy Adler, you red jumpsuit Yankee.
Speaker 2: Good to hear from mister Chen. Today's doing in there?
Speaker 3: He's alive. Ja is sad? Y'all are sad, but he's alive.
Speaker 5: Still greats you to be honest with me. You know, with something in the room for a really long time, you start to look over it a little bit. Are there days you forget about him and leave and don't feed him?
Speaker 2: Are you done with you?
Speaker 3: I feed him every every almost almost every day?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: What means he does?
Speaker 2: Rambler? When's the last time you cleaned the boat?
Speaker 3: Last week? It's only it's only what Tuesday? What is it Monday? What is it Monday?
Speaker 2: Is it starting? Are you starting to wane on the whole chin thing?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'll feed him right now, y'all can see me.
Speaker 1: That's the way of it for him to remember we continue to rick Birders show unscreen phone calls, go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, Hey Speedy, this is Jodie for him.
Speaker 10: Fine mountain.
Speaker 8: That was covered.
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't know when, but I knew it was like how hungry that fish jumped out of the water.
Speaker 8: Jump out of the water.
Speaker 5: Not fed him Friday with him, great ones.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a little fish like that.
Speaker 5: No, calm down, don't eat all in one big air.
Speaker 2: He's getting big air. Yeah, doun, screen phone calls, Burgers show, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Just him Chinese food. So he gets hungry right after.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, that's funny. Good.
Speaker 10: Hey, this is Sam calling from Fike County. And I just wanted to make a comment the fake pandas, the fake flat Earth pandas. I just want to remind you that the furry groups still remember I still still exist. Yeah, and they got they got the little they got the outfit, they like, the cuddle they got. Yeah, So the fake pandas out there.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that furry bunch watch him, you better watch talk about a bunch of deviants.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, I'm hiding in plain sight doing something weird.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with you were one, but we didn't know it and it came out, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg would be a donkey if he was a furry.
Speaker 2: It's like they started out, Oh look it's this little characters. How sweet? Oh no, look at him?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why is there a zipper there? Yes, sir Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey it is a baker up in Kentucky.
Speaker 7: You don't had a chance to check Gary's Facebook page this morning?
Speaker 2: I saw somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't have Facebook, but I saw an Instagram post he put out about did you think.
Speaker 2: You can have something? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, having a rough day.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 2: He's supposed to be doing some bushogging. And listen, he's lost a tire on the I mean you know that's what I saying.
Speaker 5: I'm saying this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's having some way till it comes around and you see this tractor.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's got it.
Speaker 5: Like he likes it.
Speaker 2: Looks like he's a bushog a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Several times.
Speaker 2: Yep, here you go.
Speaker 11: Hey, that's what you get when you think you can have something that's.
Speaker 5: A big tire too.
Speaker 2: That's a big one.
Speaker 3: Do you dory that's as big as I am.
Speaker 2: How do you mess up a tire like that? I don't know on a flat field? How do you do it?
Speaker 11: Did he lose a Is there a bolt missing on? I don't know what I'm talking about here, but is there a bolt missing right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It looks like I wish Why why he didn't call me to come help him fix it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well he needs he.
Speaker 3: Wanted something that could actually help, right, all right?
Speaker 9: Rude?
Speaker 2: I said, that's fine. I mean, you know, next time you don't need a cress in the phillips.
Speaker 1: Next time you need a double illumination lot fix your fixed, you call somebody else.
Speaker 11: Thought about double illumination a lot yesterday bothered me many times throughout the day.
Speaker 2: That was the go ring Berger's show on screen phone FLEs.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, all right, yeah this is from gey Town. All right, I'm actually I'm actually olive to Loves calling you on absolutely loves Rick. I'm her dad.
Speaker 2: Oh oh cool?
Speaker 7: But yeah, she has summer show offs this week that she's doing over at up Mountain High School. And she was heartbroken this today when she couldn't get in, So I figured I better try to. But so she she just wanted to tell y'all she loves you. But y'all we're talking about the furry thing. Just wanted to let you know that in Birmingham there's a furry convention every year.
Speaker 6: Is the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, uh, the hotel that's right there behind the part of the Colonnade. That's what I ran a I managed the bar and grill there, uh for several years and would see that group in there every year just walking around the parking lot. Stuff is pretty weird.
Speaker 5: Weird are they walking around looking like a mascot? Where they in uniform all the time?
Speaker 2: Why I saw it? Yeah, I saw a rabbit.
Speaker 7: How like articulated those things are. But yeah, that's that's some weird stuff that goes on.
Speaker 2: No, that's a wacky bunch man, What a bunch?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: That's dress like Olive We said hello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg likes it. Because you're anonymous, you can do freaking weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Only only the.
Speaker 1: Local people will get this, But that explains when I went over to Pablo's one day and there was a rabbit eating tortillas. Rick very local but very fun, very local hotel he ran in the bar and grill. I pictured them all dressed up and their stuff sitting at the bar around when.
Speaker 5: You ordered your cot, when you order your costume, if you are for it, which which which one would y'all be?
Speaker 2: But I'm not even beginning to go there. I am you saying I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Would you go with like a bulldog or a wolf?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: It would be something scary. No, I'd be a big, strong, sexy wolf. I don't want.
Speaker 1: Anything one man wolf pack. I don't want anything to do with that. But silver back grill is the choice.
Speaker 2: So we just, you know, answer your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do this one email here from Caleb and this is something that we've been working on. And Greg has an interesting question to ask too about the evolution of public restroom etiquette. About it, Yeah, well here here says the other day on the show, you talked about being in the restroom wanting to fix a guy's collar.
Speaker 2: You did not make that move, and that was the right thing.
Speaker 1: Today I was at a meeting with other teachers from different schools and we went to use the restroom.
Speaker 2: I was standing at the urinal and a guy walks in. I don't know this man at all. He barely took one step in and he saw me, and he said, hey, man, how's it going. And he said that with the type of enthusiasm speed he would greet someone. I mean, he was coming in in hot, not sure what to really say. I just said good, good you.
Speaker 1: And then he proceeded to talk about it was going good and he was glad it wasn't raining, and and I washed up while he was still talking, and I would reply with it yep, yep, and then I left. I've said high to people in the restroom, but I've never with a guy with with this kind of happiness and desire to talk to another man in the bathroom as if we were talking to each other out on the sidewalk. Did I do what I should have? Was at the right protocol with a happy talker in the bathroom? Should I have given more? Did I give you the right amount? Don't want to be rude, but normally don't find myself in that situation. Loved the show. Haven't missed a day since it started. Cave City, Arkansas.
Speaker 3: H Arkansas.
Speaker 5: I thought you and he didn't know it.
Speaker 2: No, I've just saw the guys. He said, you know, a happy talker in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I think it's limited talking the bathroom unless just somebody you know, by the way, have have y'all encounter yet in our bathroom? We have a new character. Oh no, we got a new character.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 5: The stall?
Speaker 1: The number two stalled burper sing burps the whole time, and he always picked stall number two. And I'm like, wow, that guy. And I don't know why he's burping?
Speaker 3: Is he ever?
Speaker 1: I was in there.
Speaker 11: I was in there the other day and a guy was like, I don't know what to call this except to say like grown sighing.
Speaker 2: Like I've heard that guy. Have you heard creep me out? I've heard it you, I've heard it.
Speaker 5: Yes, because I know this guy.
Speaker 3: I know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I have heard that.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 2: He and the He and the burper may be the same guy.
Speaker 3: It might be the same guy because he doesn't care about making sound.
Speaker 1: Is always installed to he was? It felt that way, Yes, he's always installed too. That's his favorite stall, by the way, And that's not a good pick.
Speaker 2: Stall too is not good.
Speaker 3: It's not a good Everybody goes to stall to never never go to that one.
Speaker 2: Don't go to one started three? If three and four.
Speaker 1: If you go to one, Hey, I deal with the guy a urinal Anagy sitting next to you. Yeah, I know, yeah, the one's the worst, is it? I'm always four. I'm in the handy stall. Oh yeah, I got handicap shows up.
Speaker 2: I'll give it up.
Speaker 11: Well, that's kind of you and I were in the restroom together at the same time a couple of breaks ago.
Speaker 2: You remember that. I do you remember?
Speaker 11: We had a quick conversation we did about immigration. It was quick, it was a quick yes, yeah. It was just like, yeah, I said, some people think that the United States can just be the hospital for the world, and that just you can't, just can't sustain that that's an unsustainable model. And you go, yeah, a lot of people do think that they must because that's the way they act.
Speaker 2: And you left.
Speaker 3: At that moment, I realized there was somebody in the stall with us.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? I did not.
Speaker 3: I thought we had the bathroom to ourselves.
Speaker 11: Too, So then it's just me and that person did that comment, and I felt like I had to clarify.
Speaker 2: I said, you didn't finish that out lap to yourself, like you want him to hear the end of it.
Speaker 3: So I said to myself, I'm pro immigration, but it has to be legal.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't know what you think somebody was spanding, was.
Speaker 3: Gonna come walking out. Look, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Look she could be standing out in the hall. Well, yeah, but she's sweet.
Speaker 5: She's a sweetheart.
Speaker 4: No, she she is.
Speaker 5: I talked to her about it, you did you?
Speaker 3: No, I just made that she seems legal. She seems legal, but she's not running.
Speaker 2: Well. I tried something the other day, you know, I go get door dash at that door lock. We know you got money, and she was at what you got money?
Speaker 1: And I was there getting my lunch and I tested something just to see how she would react. I looked down at my drink and screamed at what no ice.
Speaker 2: And just to see what she would do.
Speaker 1: And she did.
Speaker 2: She look a little, She let go of the cart move for just a second, and then she realized that you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed she had ever? She's not one of those people that will look you, like look straight at you.
Speaker 11: She's almost like looking at the side of like nervously on the side and leave me alone.
Speaker 5: Basically, I'm still got to go back to something. So you talk out loud to yourself. That person might had headphones on and never even heard that.
Speaker 2: Did he know you were talking to him? Did he hear that ricked Hey? Doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I think he had heard that Rickard left, but I just acted like Rick was still in there for me to finish.
Speaker 2: I had to finish my thought. Yeah, anti immigrant, I'm picking just legal immigration.
Speaker 8: That bothers me.
Speaker 3: I'm the first person ever.
Speaker 2: Said that, hey got to be legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Greg, you were talking about the evolution because I kept thinking about the public Think back, think back when you're a kid. Oh yeah, my first recollection of a public bathroom, either at school or where it's probably before school.
Speaker 2: They had the big trough. Everybody stood shoulder to shoulder. Yeah, you had ceramic style, you had the metal ones. You had the floor ones.
Speaker 1: Ye, which is bad because it splashed on everybody's feet. Right then at that time you had before this, you didn't even have stalls. But my first memory there were stalls, but they didn't have doors.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: Then all of a sudden we put doors on stalls and then these showed up. Remember those you know those were probably early.
Speaker 1: These are standing urinals, but they they're all the way to the ground. But they're still but they're still individuals.
Speaker 2: So we left the cattle trough.
Speaker 5: It used to be like a like a bathtub, and you would stand shoulder to shoulder with the people, and not everybody was good.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of modesty there.
Speaker 1: Then we threw urinals on the wallah still standing, and then we put a divider. My point is we're slowly getting more modest, evidently right, because no doubt we were fine before, were we? I guess we didn't know. We didn't know any better. Privacy was just. But when did we decide to be sicily? I mean, I guess I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Are you not glad?
Speaker 1: This is how I guess I am. But but also it's kind of embarrassing. It wasn't embarrassing when we're all standing there like little boys.
Speaker 5: We didn't care.
Speaker 1: I mean, you care, you realize at one point, great, because you're a little boy. You're Sometimes we didn't come up to the man's waist. I'll say, we're standing there next to him and we're like, oh my goodness, sir. The divider does it help with stage?
Speaker 2: Right? I'll admit that you remember those days.
Speaker 11: Oh you better think about it before you go in there. You gotta get your mind right before you're in there, if your mind is.
Speaker 2: But at what point did we go, Okay, we're building buildings, Hey, bathroom.
Speaker 5: You know what we're gonna do. Now, we're gonna put doors on stalls and you know what, We're gonna go urinals and we're gonna put dividers.
Speaker 2: Who made that?
Speaker 1: I think your question is a valid one, but I'd almost like to look at it in reverse. Why wasn't this the original design what we have now?
Speaker 2: Why was that that? Why wasn't that the first thought? It took us a long time to get remember these metal ones?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, Rick, I tell you why. I don't think it was even a thought, because that's just what they did. They was never even a thought that that was needed. And this is why you said speeding and the break.
Speaker 2: You're right. This is why the old men at the gym walking around neked all the time.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, with a tile around their shoulder. And I have an example, no, because used the tiles. Have another please?
Speaker 1: I went and looked at where they built the new facility down there at Oxford, and they named it as your dad and coach here, And I went and I took a tour of it and I said, where are the showers? They said, well, and they were like three shower heads in this little area and I said, they don't shower.
Speaker 2: They no, you know, we were after practice, everybody going to a shower. I've noticed that. We talked about this. I saw that, and they don't do that.
Speaker 1: I saw that happen with my kids, you know, because having two that are in their mid thirties and then two that are in their mid twenties. The mid twenty guys, they didn't hit the shower right after practice like we always did, and I thought that was weird. They put their clothes back on, dirty and go home.
Speaker 5: What do we do?
Speaker 1: We went straight to the shower. And when I brought up, I said, y'all don't shower. And they're like, what is a whole team stand around in their shower. I'm like, yeah, that's what we all did.
Speaker 2: You'd be one of a little face and somebody like Kate turn hot wat tell you this. It taught you confidence? Yeah, it taught you confidence.
Speaker 3: I ought you to be happy with who you are.
Speaker 1: It also taught you to time your shower when you were in there with a certain group and not another group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew who to avoid, You knew avoid. Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: To y'all's point, though, with the way things are going, eventually urinals will be gone.
Speaker 3: They'll just they're.
Speaker 11: Slowly morphing into stall private stalls, and the men are they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Say no standing to peer.
Speaker 3: Everybody has to sit down.
Speaker 5: That's the new America.
Speaker 2: Well, we've already hit it there.
Speaker 8: It feels like, is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube and subscribe. Burds can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze Tv. M HM