Speaker 1: What up, y'all. This is your main man, Memphis Bleak right here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Rock Solid, a production of iHeart Radio and the Black Effect Network in partnership with my gods over at Drink Champs.
Speaker 1: Big with the year Memphis. I'm back at it, niggas. Notice the difference just pron president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is. Back with another exclusive. And I tell you see a many people sitting on this stage, sitting right here with me, and not everybody is like everybody, but this man sitting to the left of me, this is family.
Speaker 1: This is my brother. This is a OG.
Speaker 2: Every time he spoke, I listened, So you know it's an honor to have him sitting here.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta say rest in peace to his.
Speaker 3: Brother Earth Godi, who is another legend in this game, a brother of mine who taught me many things that I still apply to business to this day.
Speaker 2: So I want to welcome my got, Chris Gotti to the building. You already know my brother.
Speaker 1: I love you, bro, man. Thank you for having me. Man. Appreciate man.
Speaker 2: When they told me it's so crazy how this happened, because I was supposed to come here and if you're somebody else yesterday and Ormando was like, yo, I was just talking to Chris Gotti. I was like, what they tell Gotty pull up. It's like y'all, I'm gonna get you on the phone. And I'm like, yeah, let's do it. As soon as he said that, I was like, what I was looking for you?
Speaker 1: I promise you. I told rud not too long ago.
Speaker 3: I need to give a bleak info because I wanted to come and talk to you about not just this, but other things, other businesses.
Speaker 1: That I'm involved in and I think maybe make some Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you got the Basketball League popping man, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Definitely want to talk to you about that. Man.
Speaker 3: We just season season one. We did season one. You know, it's really just money. I gotta raise more money. But season one was incredible, sold out every week. It's a it's a small league, short seasons, CPL right, CPO.
Speaker 1: Class pro league. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And again it's all D one players or players that played overseas or you know, and it's I've been inside the street basketball for decades. You feel me helped Greg Matters with God bless Greg when he did Rucker had it at the height helping Ken Steven shout out Ken, you know what I'm saying, helped him with Dykeman to get Dykeman really at it where it's at today.
Speaker 1: And that gave me a lot of insight. You know, I have a.
Speaker 3: Sports management business that I did, you know, that's what you know. For over almost thirty going into thirty years, and I've been involved with either co aging or co managing or managing all these different NBA players or football players. I even had one golfer professional golfer. So I'm inside the sports culture aside from just music, like I've been doing that. And the reason I went into it is because when them boys came, got to diversify because they shut off the fastt That's the fact.
Speaker 2: But Yo, speaking on that, man, that's one thing a lot of people don't know. Man, it's only two goddies in the world that beat many.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's the GotY Brothers and it is Gotty man, But y'all beat them boys, man.
Speaker 1: And that people don't know.
Speaker 3: My lawyer was Gerald Shall he passed just not man, God bless, but he was also got his lawyer.
Speaker 1: Da Oh, so he knew man, Man the playbook. He's the best attorney I've ever seen something.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And you know everybody know y'all stood tall.
Speaker 2: You know this in this new world today of all these rappers catching cases and shit going down there, you know, it's like, you know, one of the.
Speaker 1: Things that we're crazy. We're crazy.
Speaker 3: While we was in trial, to the prosecutor, you know, she was always trying to change things or say things like that's what their job is or whatever. But he would tell the judge, you know, this is the lord, this is the case.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 3: He would break it down and it got so real with the judge told her if Gerald Shark Gelle says this is what it is, don't question me.
Speaker 1: It's that Nah. It was crazy. She was so mad. He was he was a beef, he was a beast.
Speaker 2: Man called him a superman in the courtroom. Man, that ship happened at the height of murder, inc man. That's one thing I feel like, you know a lot of people in this rap industry think rap beef can can take ship down, but they don't understand that that happened all simultaneously.
Speaker 1: And it's like that was crazy, man. We got.
Speaker 3: But just making me feel that way listen, But you know what you just said something that's so real, because you know I do podcasts with all types of they don't understand and they always bring up the beef and it ain't got that. And I said, let me tell you entertainment, bro, it's entertainment.
Speaker 1: I said. Number one is I never felt pressure.
Speaker 3: Number Number two was, let's say he took away y'all completely, what which never happened, but let's just say that's what it like happened.
Speaker 1: We was doing over two and forty million.
Speaker 3: Dollarge exact job. Let's say jobs were for one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 3: I'm still right, it was good. But when boys avid boys. And then what's even further than most people don't know is they universal IDJ, depth JAM cooperated with the FIS against us, So you would expect that. Yeah, but you say that, but that's my machine. Yes, so how can you put out music?
Speaker 1: Yes? They not. And then when you think of business, they didn't do anything but shifted from one side from murder inc And put it over the aftermath, Gene. That's all they did. It was a lateral move.
Speaker 3: Boom, the money gotta move the money, don't change though they still eating, They still good, but they definitely you know, was did us dirty and.
Speaker 1: Play a major role in that? Man? But ship before that.
Speaker 2: Let's go back, man, the rise of murder in I remember when y'all first started coming around.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't.
Speaker 2: Know Gott he was a a DJ yes when I first DJ yes dj he my G holding it down on the tour, telling me, yo, you bugging don't be leaving the club.
Speaker 1: Going home with no girls. You better bring them to the hotel. You don't go. I'm telling you, I was the young boy in the wild, told me my G.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first met Ji, all of y'all, bj Ron, Gutter, all of y'all man, you know, and we became a family facts and then I watched y'all grow from the beginning, bro, and it was just like a title wave all at once, Like you know, I was that man.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's really like unreal, like surreal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You go through these things, you watch all these things transpire, and you know the reality murder incing. I've been trying to explain because everyone asks, how did Earth start murder inc?
Speaker 1: I said, technically he didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what I mean by that is Earth just wanted to be the biggest producer in the game. And we had Little Rob. Shout out, Little Rob that was the one producer we had with Rob was putting up Yeah, but he didn't make a lot. See, so he was making hits.
Speaker 1: No question.
Speaker 3: But you know, when you're in business's quantity, I can't. I can't service the industry with just a few beats.
Speaker 1: I need a lot.
Speaker 3: And I told IRV I had just made the transition, like because I built the construction business. If that was funding her nerve saw making some money with top Door productions, you know what I'm saying. And Rod tells me, Yo, I need you back with me because I started Earth. And then I said okay, and I started doing both. But then after I did both, I got burnt out and I said, I'm gonna just do music. But to get twenty percent of five thousand dollars ain't gonna pay me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, If I sell three out of the four beats Robed made, that's three racks.
Speaker 1: That's not enough.
Speaker 3: So I went back to Earth and said, listen, I'm gonna go bring in more producers, and.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't care what you do.
Speaker 3: I'm not taking less than five thousand, you know what I'm saying. I started laughing. It's like, of course I got you. So that was the beginning. I started adding in producers and the next you know, we went from five. I took us from five to fifteen to twenty five to fifty in less than six months. We had fifty thousand a track. The first year we had one hundred thousand a track, you know what I'm saying. And that was the beginning of all of that, and we just kept going. We went only up to two hundred and fifty thousand track or it was getting two fifty. But that's all these producers I got. We had a team of producers. That's weird her banging out.
Speaker 1: That's how the crackhouse came about. Man, that's the crackhouse. Crack house. I was in there. She was like a fortress, you know. It was like the Carter.
Speaker 3: It was so real because I was controlling all the business on everything. So I'm seeing all the money we spending in studios, and I told her I created something called mink rentals am I and see murder in rentals and we rented. We built our studios so we could rent our studio to ourselves to make the money. You know, we bought houses to rent the house. We're traveling all over. This is when we start really rocking, and I'm watching these bills. We had a hundred plus thousand a month in car services, so I bought it. I started buying cars.
Speaker 1: And getting all my hood.
Speaker 3: The whole hood is drivers.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the smart way to do it.
Speaker 3: And they universal got mad because we was doing that. But I said, it's our bills and went in and we went in there and fight. We would go back and fight with all of them, and the next you know, I see them doing it their own little car. The car service, he was the ones that started that. That's a fact. And that was because I seen that. I've seen that. And then again even the studio were the ones to do it. Because I'm watching all of those budgets go to Quad Studios and right hit track three, right track, and you look at the bill and you're like, damn, why they're getting all that money.
Speaker 1: That's a fact, that car service and sending it order recirculated that money right back to us. Man.
Speaker 2: No, that was dope man. That was a master plan. Yeah, that was and we gave him a discount.
Speaker 1: They was mad.
Speaker 3: We gave him a love price because it was us, like, we're doing it for ourselves, so they got we made albums cheaper.
Speaker 1: But if we had to produce for other people, they got to pay full rate. Everything.
Speaker 2: Think about I'm going to that po sad Man from five thousand a track, yeah, two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in about two years time. It was sweet super.
Speaker 2: That that that ninety five to about twenty fifteen running.
Speaker 3: Oh my well, our heights, Our heights is from two thousand and two to two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: But that's when the trial.
Speaker 3: Ends in December two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: And damn, here's the crazyiness. It seemed like fucking fifteen.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of his againness book for the longest run at number one, not like, so what do you mean if he produced one artist, the other artist he produced took that artist out, the next artist took that artist.
Speaker 1: Out of producer.
Speaker 3: He was a producer on the Hot one hundred for I believe it was like forty eight weeks.
Speaker 1: Damn, Yeah, that's crazy. Yeah, it's in again this book. I'm not sure the time frame, but it's again, it's in there. They can fact check it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can fact check. He's still it's still the only producer to do that. That's something that you know, as good as these other producers are, they might produce another artist, but they don't go number one or the competition gets the number one stake.
Speaker 1: And you're the older brother.
Speaker 2: Yes, so look see little bro go from DJ ear. Then it was the Mike Geronimo run because I remember when Ship Is reel came out, that was ship was Licked and Kennedy he was outside there.
Speaker 3: You know, the ships real for you know Jay to bring up Jay, shout out Jay.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, that's right, always always man.
Speaker 3: But that's what made him fuck with probably more in my opinion, this is not I would have to ask him to be sure.
Speaker 1: Because he came to IRVS like how you getting him played? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: This is when you know, I tell everyone we was all a family, but this is competition all time. Hi. Look, it's a rapper is a blood spoil, and especially.
Speaker 2: In that era, and it's only ten slots, it's one hundred rappers in New York. It's right, and there's only ten slots, there's only twelve magazine covers.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And were fighting, so it's like a it's that competition, friendly competition, family competition, which is nothing wrong with it because it really pushes each.
Speaker 1: Other to the next level.
Speaker 3: And I believe we had that because I remember us going into sessions when we had our records and this is our album. We go play for each other and be like, yeah, this is the date we coming, don't come that day, and they give you you know, don't come the same time so.
Speaker 1: We don't interrupt each other's run.
Speaker 3: That's that's intellectual property.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: That's our p for your ass, and that's we didn't give that to anyone outside of the family. Like I remember even doing that with Diddy, running with going into his sessions like yo were coming, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Rough Fridays it was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was Rockefeller Rough Fridays, Murder and Murder in b and bad Boy was again inside of that as well, and we we we shared notes and it was a real competitive thing.
Speaker 1: But we go in each other sessions. They came in all sessions.
Speaker 3: I never Swiss came in our sessions playing heat, shut out Swami Swiss.
Speaker 1: He's the one man.
Speaker 2: Army Swiss are coming to session and that one records here. Come in there and play some ship and you'll be like, I don't think I got records like that.
Speaker 1: No different way, No, Listen. We was blessed. But listen, everyone had their game.
Speaker 3: What they wasna just be sitting Oh man, listen, they came in with the fire man guns blazing.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: Was major, especially between Murder and Rockefeller and uh rough Riders.
Speaker 3: And then when I look back to me, that is part of something that made it so special. I look back at that and when you put IRV in the middle, he was the He was the kind of the person that kept everyone all the glue that glued him.
Speaker 2: He definitely was the glue man. We can never take that away. And you was the og in the background.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like ship?
Speaker 1: What was it like?
Speaker 2: We had this conversation a little bit off camera, but I want to bring it up on camera because let's talk about it. I got a few cousins right that I used to be as a kid growing, I used to be mad at be like, damn cuz how you ain't rolling the round, how you ain't got the bands because you supposed to add the condo up top. Cousin, you was eighteen in the eighties when niggas was making a million dollars on the corner right a day, a day a week, straight up getting it, and you ain't go outside and get none of that.
Speaker 1: So I used to be as a kid looking at my cousins like niggas was soft. Yeah, niggas wasn't outside. You never wanted to think for me. I never hustled, no way, never hus never. You just knew all the hustlers. I'm gonna keep it all the way one hundred. I might have robbed. Oh you was the stick up man. Oh yeah, sticky old. You can't do both. That's why I yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Never on the block because that block life. I looked at the block life. All my niggas was on that block every day. I never seen him up up never, not the block niggas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the niggas was moving, niggas was getting it for them. I seen him up. So I never wanted to.
Speaker 3: It was like that's the road you had to travel to get to that next stage. It was super violent. It was super violent. Likes violence I'm talking about for Hollis. I grew up in Hollice Queens. You know, I'm from browns People always say that we're from brown from Lavonia.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm from Mother. I'm from Rockaway, Dumont. So I'm just saying we was. My family's all in Brownsville.
Speaker 3: My mother's mother and father bought us this house because they didn't want eight kids in Brownsville in a three bedroom apartment, and they got the house in house, a three bedroom house, but we used every inch of the house. But we had Hollss Queens, different lifestyle. But again I always claim house because that's where I made my life. So that's where I did my work and I always go if I go back. I always had guns. So I was the kid in the neighborhood with the juice.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the movies. The gun. The juice was the gun. You have movies. The juice is the because he had the gun.
Speaker 2: It was because it wasn't like day it'd be five niggas. It's thirty guns in the car. Back in the day, it's five niggas. Who has it?
Speaker 3: That's right one gun, so you know me, I had it and everyone from the hospital come get me to do ship.
Speaker 1: I was Again I always say, you know, I was stupid.
Speaker 3: You know, God protect yours and I never thought of consequences and things of my actions.
Speaker 1: I just and it was never me. It was like you come and get me, yo. They just shot. Let's go get them, come on, it was like, let's go. You had that. Not only did I have that, but I had money because again I used.
Speaker 3: To do I was money. They couldn't understand how I had money and they didn't have the money. I would take the niggas on the block shopping, like, come on, niggaleas, get you fresh. Look at you your niggas out here all day. I was like, you could get a job in McDonald's and do better. I would kill them because you was to respect the money more. I would kill all the black niggas, man, because I was fucking with the niggas that was behind them. And then they would tell me either come with them to go pick some ship up and it hit me off with some bread, or they would line some ship up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I never had that.
Speaker 3: That gene called fear. So it was just and once they said it, it was it wasn't me like, oh man, am I gonna? I was like cool, let's go. It's like it was never that. And for me, I was, like you said, I was Herb's big brother. I never would tell IRV anything because if I did it, Earth did it.
Speaker 1: And I didn't want me to do the things that you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what's up, man, ship My brother ain't giving a fuck, Like, hey, nigga, I'm selling drug.
Speaker 1: Come on with bust that down. Here's what you got. You know what I tell and I ain't. I don't want to say but niggas because.
Speaker 3: Like I don't even smoke or nothing.
Speaker 1: And I was around it my whole life, you know, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: Have I lost two uncles though, to that blue magic on.
Speaker 1: Some real Wow. Yeah man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My father on my mother's side and my father's side, they grew up in home and they got some bad damn man.
Speaker 1: Now that ever back then was bad. Man. You definitely had uncles that court, no aunts all that. That era was different, man, it was.
Speaker 2: But like I just heard you say, I always kept the cool, had always was level headed and I could definitely say bro at the height of Murder in from the beginning to the height when Gotti and Jah was running around like these niggas was determinator.
Speaker 1: Chris Nigga be like, Yo, bleak tripping, don't even worry about that ship.
Speaker 2: Just come back in the morning. They gotta have a beach for you. Don't even listen.
Speaker 1: We don't got time for that ship. We rock stars. Nigga like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like while I'm getting cursed out that I'm not accepting I'm a rock stuff.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you when they say it was the best time, it was the worst time. You know, we have Listen, everyone looks at us like like we had a real plan and we understood every Now we didn't.
Speaker 1: We learned as we go. We learned on the flat. We're quick learners, you know.
Speaker 3: For me personally, if I watch anyone do something, I do it.
Speaker 1: That's just me. I could do it. That's my blessing. Like I look at that.
Speaker 3: I built the whole construction company and I learned every trade.
Speaker 1: I ain't go to school. I learned every part of this music business. Right, I'm a lawyer. I'm not a doctor. I'm a doctor.
Speaker 3: Like I really learned this ship and I have it. No one could take it from you, no matter what it is. And my mind is different. And I always was quiet. You to tell you I was quiet because I'm a student. I'm watching everyone's actions, and my job was.
Speaker 1: To protect my brother and to protect everyone around. That's how my job was.
Speaker 3: When I'm when you quiet and you fall back and you let earth and job. They out there doing anything, you see everyone who's who? You see that when they're not paying attention the way they're looking that niggas they looking at her like fun. You know, you could say, so, I'm telling them afterwards, Yo, this niggas no good, right, I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You I've seen the looks. But that's not their job, that's right. They in the middle of the storm.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I got homies like that, and the crew that don't talk. They come around, don't say a word. You won't even remember that when we first started. When you go back, when you talk that I was, it was just me. I'll be outside. I'd tell them going to club. If they coming out, hit me if there's a problem, so I know what's coming. I'm outside ham it up, waiting for the niggas.
Speaker 1: Coming up. It wasn't until I got fat Boy. Shout out, fat Boy, shout out Todd. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When I got fat Boy inside with me, that was my first help. Like, these are my niggas from Queen's. They came out, but Irving them, I keep it a buck. They didn't want them to come out.
Speaker 1: They like they always in trouble.
Speaker 3: That's what I need.
Speaker 1: You need some trouble, don't worry. I'll keep them away from you.
Speaker 3: And you know they love them niggas, but they didn't want the trouble to bring them down. Urb and Ruth both loved these niggas. They just didn't want to get They didn't want to They look were on the rise. We're trying to come up. We don't want nothing to pull it back.
Speaker 1: Yo. So I had to keep them niggas with me and keep them away from Irving.
Speaker 2: Whole is different than that hole half niggas. I'll be you know, we got the party. I'll be like, yo, it's a party.
Speaker 1: Like, first of all, I'm too young, so I got a explimission. Cannot go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be like a yeah you can roll, No nigga, I get to this party. Start seeing all the killers from the projects. Here, these niggas popping bottles, drinking over it's with that funny that, yo, that's why I tell niggas the the whole you see.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, this is the man.
Speaker 3: I want to write the book about it. It's called it's called the.
Speaker 1: The What do you call that?
Speaker 3: The damn you're making me forget right now? It's it's like the changing domestication. It's the domestication of a gangster. That's going to be my book. I'm right, I like that.
Speaker 1: But that's what he is. He's a domesticated gangst.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I tell you. I tell everyone.
Speaker 3: I said, you know when they talk Jay and they talk about him today and where he's at and he's the businessman, businessman this I said, he got that because he honed his skills this time and ground him from the president in his songs.
Speaker 1: You just listen.
Speaker 2: I always tell people today, these kids today, I feel like they treat life like a book report. Now they be like, yo, go do the book report at the grib and as a kid, you cheated. You're like, I'm gonna read a little bit in the middle, and I'm gonna read that and I'm gonna write what happened, skip the whole beginning. So that's why I say these kids today don't look at the beginning chapters of niggas lists want to see everything he said.
Speaker 3: And it was everything he said. It has been facts. You know, I get that question all the time, and you know I'm not saying it because you're here. I said all the time, he's the best. No, I said all the time too, people trying to argue me down and again these other great great other It's just like he's like when you talk basket Jordan, I'm like this, no one better than Jordan.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: We didn't see it, I said, But there's other great players. You get fool to say Lebron ain't not great and like one of one as well. Yes he's won two, Like you know, Kobe has to take a back seat.
Speaker 1: That's right. He and he understood it.
Speaker 2: And Kobe is an God bless Kobe family, God bless him, Kobe monster man. Like listen, I'm a New Yorker. I didn't like the Lakers. He used to kill every team.
Speaker 1: I brought him. The Rutkoki played Ruki. You can never can never doubt that that.
Speaker 3: That That's what made me respect. When I seen Kobe in Harlem, oh ship, and I'm telling you he was and he did. He gave you street ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was a basketball fan, so I was hating from a basketball fan.
Speaker 1: Hold on, and he did it after he had five rings. Yeah, this ain't like rookie five ring. Now this is five rings. Kobe, man, that's.
Speaker 2: God bless one of the greatest players I ever witnessed playing. Got to shake his hand and watch them bust all my favorite players ass and was heartbreaking. One of my regrets in life is I didn't you know, I never took pictures all the time.
Speaker 1: That wasn't it. Yeah, we wasn't. We didn't grow up with that.
Speaker 3: I know picture as much as I was around him and with him and in La. You know when he scored, when he would drop what are you dropping? In New Garden? He gros sixty sixty sixty four six Washington is a video you're gonna see. The first person he run to is me. He didn't talk to you the whole fucking game. I'm right there on the floor, I'm sitting next to James Thing and I'm calling him at halftime and everything in the beginning.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't even look at me. As soon as it's over, he read.
Speaker 3: I did it.
Speaker 1: He was that focused.
Speaker 2: He used to bust ass in the guarden every time he came. He drove fifty I'm just saying, you know, he's I never took pictures with that man.
Speaker 3: I got pictures that I took for him and others, and nothing with me because I wasn't thinking it wasn't gonna be here like that.
Speaker 1: We never thinking like that, I know.
Speaker 3: But that's something for people to understand out there, to understand, to make sure they get.
Speaker 2: And a lot of the respect I feel like they need to appreciate. Life is short, man. You don't know, really, you really don't know. I just lost my brother fifty four. How do you figure that out? You know what I'm saying, And that that was way unexpected, bro, Like you know, I'm just then the biggest deal of his career.
Speaker 3: Like we got so many things we was plotting on and planning on, and yeah, it's like I curse him out now.
Speaker 1: Like when I wake up, I'm like, nigga, you left me here for this, for myself for the fuck nigga.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like how you leave this ship like that and that, and because I really believe it could have been it could have been different.
Speaker 2: But definitely man all this ship. Man like we we are, I own demands, you feel me. I believe that like what we what we do to our bodies. If we don't take care of our self, we don't go get the proper. It's like it's like a car. I feel like, right, if you just drive around, drive around, never take your car waiting for it to break that she's gonna cak outs and break down.
Speaker 1: And it's might be in the highway somewhere. So literally the desert.
Speaker 2: If you if you could take your car to get serviced, you got to be able to take the body to get sold to you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. The mind too, like you know everything else, I try to eat healthier.
Speaker 3: I fast a lot, and yeah, you know fast and the health factors that it comes with with the body, and yes, we gotta as you get older, you know, your body don't break down that food it always used to eating late studios and you don't heal.
Speaker 1: It's quick to come.
Speaker 2: So it's like that that's the one thing that I say, I always tell people getting no suck, getting no sucks, but not getting no sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, when niggas says, ah, you older, that's the gold.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's right, that's what we have, that's what we want to do. That's right, man. But don't want to know what the other side of that is. And I feel like.
Speaker 2: These kids just got to take appreciate it. Just appreciate life, man, because it's not it's not forever. We're only here for a short period of time.
Speaker 1: We got to live it. To them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna shout someone out that's doing something because when you talk that young, the young people, there's a young artist right now NBA young boy, Oh my god, and congratulations for doing all the things you're doing on touring. They never thought that type of rat would go out and peacefully do tours. Keep make sure keep pushing it, man, because again, I'm a fan. You know, I'm a fan of Dirk. I know y'all have the but I'm a fan of the music for both of them, that's right. And I'm the end of the day, I'm a fan of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Hip hop. These kids pushing it forward.
Speaker 3: And it's their turn, yes, man, it's their turn back and watch them and change the gas gug like it's to help them. Is to tell you what to look out for, what to do like this is why it's like that, and hopefully they heat all word. That's that's all we could do is give a little bit of game. It's a it's a lot of ignorance in the game though.
Speaker 2: You got a few people out here who want to push the violent narrative and all.
Speaker 1: The other ship.
Speaker 3: I don't see no one doing ship.
Speaker 1: But it's like niggas just talking. You smack niggas. You know they ain't doing nothing of who'd you touch? Show me?
Speaker 3: You show me something? Someone said, Yeah he fucked me up.
Speaker 1: Yo, it's not don't hear it. I don't see it. Yeah, that didn't happen in hip hop no more. We don't need it. We don't need but we don't need no violence. Don't talk is to get money.
Speaker 3: Said that to you said you couldn't talk if you wasn't you know, if it wasn't you, you can't say it.
Speaker 1: That's right. If it was one of his That's where I'm from.
Speaker 2: Everything you need to know about the words, he couldn't say it that's that's where I'm his words. Bro, he gave you the game, just listen hundred percent. But then yo, y'all gave us job rule. Y'all gave us a shanty then, y'all rebirth job j Low like Bro, y'all, y'all push.
Speaker 1: The envelope to y'all. Rebirth, rebirth fat Joe. Joe, y'all gave him one two words.
Speaker 3: He'll admit it. He says it all the time. But I feel like a lot of change his whole trajectory. Shout out Joe and Jada, man ya they doing is amazing over there. Y'all changed the trajectory I feel like of music and murder. Inc don't get the credit of that because before y'all, it wasn't like Ye Puff did the you know, the R and B.
Speaker 2: And rapped together, but it wasn't done. It's one like it was total featuring big or feature in mas feature in one twelve.
Speaker 3: You know, they never they never gave John his credit to pioneering a game that every First of all, I don't even I don't even think all this good deals.
Speaker 1: Now if you don't rap and sing, think about that.
Speaker 2: You gotta have some of that melodic, flowing straight up like and I remember when he first was when in y'all pioneer like coming out with that, and niggas used to be.
Speaker 3: Looking like, say something because I'm gonna give you the IRV gotty, I'm gonna speak like that. He's with me. That part what you just said, you don't hear it no more is the opportunity for the exact polar opposite because that means they want that. There's a whole group of people that says, we heard all of that already. You gotta be creative and fresh. You know that was the DMX like Puffy was killing it, killing it, but we can't outshine Puffy. He's a shiny nigga, that's right, shout out ho your head boy, but you can't outshine him.
Speaker 1: It was like I got X.
Speaker 3: Do that. That's right, And that's the polar opposite effect. So you gotta realize that is still true to this day in business and everything. When you see something saturated, which one way the flip the polar eye city is a huge open potential if you know how to finesse it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then y'all did it with Ashanti Bro, Like think about it. You didn't really hear that many.
Speaker 2: And it was remixes to R and B records where DJs would throw the rap you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's Earth DJ Earth. See if you go back to Earth, you go back to DJ Earth. There used to be lines around the block waiting for his mixtape. That's crazy, nobullshit, every drug dealer all in Queens. Everyone was coming to get DJ Erth Volume one, dj Erth Volume.
Speaker 1: Two, and I told her never sell it. You know that niggas greedy, and.
Speaker 3: I said, never sell those tapes. Let's keep the mask.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I might have one tape left out of like one hundred and some Djrth Volume one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Twenty or something, and that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Anybody got some DJ Earth tapes, man, bring them to the table on the air m please.
Speaker 3: But he was what he did in those tapes. He was blending again hip hop beats with R and B acapellas. That's why I said, that's the only way you heard him on the ron G tapes, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, the.
Speaker 3: Pioneers, and he brought it to real music and he was a battle DJ. So I would take him battle. And that's how we actually got blessed Carl Clark Kent.
Speaker 1: That's how we met up. Clark Clark Union Square. Earth went up there to battle. Brooklyn's in the house had effect.
Speaker 3: I thought we was gonna go crazy, and then we got into a little bit of stuff for nothing.
Speaker 1: Crazy, but you know this is real.
Speaker 3: I still got the flyers because we had our queens, Rapper Romeo and Golf, Other Noise, Roselle Deep he was part of Earth's cruise, Romeo, Rosselle and Earth and we went and battle and they all won and we it's just a few of the queens and then Brooklyn. It was a Brooklyn house and you Square, come on, you know what's right, yo ship y'all brought DJ Clark Kent is why I will tell you we probably didn't get into more.
Speaker 1: He respected her that day because Earth beat him Earth away. Yeah it's a fact. This is a fact.
Speaker 3: And he respected them and basically kept the wolves quiet. You know, we ready, but we out numbered out. It was in the difference we out man like fucking Ikonnelly came through with y'all too, Yeah through, Like look.
Speaker 2: At Nelly, I wanted that records man. Now got the biggest strip club fucking insane.
Speaker 1: What it takes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's creativity though, That's what you gotta understand. I learned so much ship from just being a fly on the wall, watching, listening some of the conversations that I heard. You know, I was right there sitting in the background right behind Earth. He's doing his talking, But the people he's talking to from Leo, even with Jay J used to be waiting in my office to talk to them. You know what I'm saying, Just to like different moves he's gonna make from a musical standpoints sort of respect. You know, he's always did and respected his ear and his vision. That's right and boom, got it gone.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Fucking leading to that. Man, you being the observer and listening and watching that leads to you.
Speaker 1: Doing the movies. Man, tell me about that. You said you got a movie out now called Balling, Right. Yes, Lane Stevenson is my lead Lance, the homie he got versus and he got balled.
Speaker 3: I do the whole soundtrack for the movie with no way shout out Ricky oh yo.
Speaker 1: Let's say she y'all got a joint. That joint.
Speaker 3: I think Earth produced the first joint yeah, that's on one of my playlists. Bro, come on, man, listen you heard that, Ricky.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, we gotta get up there. That's a fact. Like we I remember I just after this. I just was away with Joe for his birthday. I'm playing.
Speaker 2: He like, yo, play one of your playlists. I'm in Rocket and the ship came on. He's like, let me find out. I'm like, you know, I fucked with the fans if it's dope.
Speaker 3: Ricky is a talent. Yeah, but you know that's a whole nother conversation. She does her crochete. She just got like stuff to bad Bunny like.
Speaker 1: Man, that's dope. Man got blest.
Speaker 3: Shout out Shaboozi reposted everything again. She's super talented. I gotta look at you, laced, I get you.
Speaker 1: Some shit man. Yeah for sure, let's do it.
Speaker 3: But you know we go in that zone man, and everything just flowed from the movie. My partner Rich Black and Andy and try to shout both for them. Rich wrote the movie. He was asking me to do it for years, over year and a half, almost two years. She's like, yo, I got this movie, and I was like, yeah, I'm not ready yet.
Speaker 1: You know, I get to you, and then one day I just reached out. I was like, Yo, what's up. Let me see this movie. Let's go.
Speaker 3: I think I got everything set up, dope man, and he was like, let's shoot it. So we went out shot in Miami seventeen days. Shouted it would have been even faster. Shout out ever my director first time.
Speaker 1: You know ever? Seventeen days. Damn, that's quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be. I'm telling you. The only way to do these types of films is fast.
Speaker 1: You gotta turn them over. Yeah, and right now I'm dealing with distribution.
Speaker 3: I'm working on distribution because without the proper distribution channels, it's very hard to get your money.
Speaker 1: See two B. I know people that made means off too.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was early to be. Once Fox are quieted, the game changed. It's still the best place for black content.
Speaker 1: That's right for any up and coming.
Speaker 3: They got over one hundred and ten million on that fucking channel that watched black film. But the reality is they're not giving the deals out to come say, and their CPM is super low.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you got the product, that's worth it, because you can't just give it's too many.
Speaker 1: We was not going for five weeks.
Speaker 2: I feel like in all perspectives of entertainment is oversaturated.
Speaker 1: So how do you weed out who's real again you speaking my language?
Speaker 2: Who's faking it? Because you can't just give everybody the money and hope. And so that's why these when when.
Speaker 3: You talk of music, it's called the music business. Yes, music is half businesses have you gotta make it, marry each other, and then that's when you have such.
Speaker 2: I feel like because even in this space right like people look at it like, yo, you get the deal, nor reding them you did the deal? I heard you got doe to yo, y'all cashing out, and it's like, yo, bro, No, you got to put in the work. The numbers have to speak, you need you need a track record to go sell so people can buy into. They're not just gonna buy into because you you opened up the stores, Like yo, what if you.
Speaker 1: Fall off next week?
Speaker 3: Probably in a lot of similar type of conversations because they think because your history, you just.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're good. No, it's like, yo, it's still a process. We're still working. We gotta earn it.
Speaker 3: Yes, like every day is here you just say this is what your third podcast today. You know what I'm saying, You're working, bro. At the end of the day, the work. You cannot short the work man, and the process is you can't cheat the process. I said, if you want money overnight, the only thing I know is a lot on nigga good that's right, good luck.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to hit lot on them good luck word up. Neither do I. So I'm gonna go put in my work.
Speaker 3: And consistency is part of what you have to be because of the saturation, that's right. So I tell all my independent artists, you know I have. I got tens of thousand of independent artists on my platform, Adventure Music. But I tell you we're going to talk about the shot out Adventures. I'm building some new ship for it. I really don't want to expose it, but I'm just letting you know it's coming. But the consistency, I look at music, let's use me and you could use this podcast. Podcast is like one of the most emerging booming industries. Yes, once it started and everybody jumped in and everyone's doing it, and everyone's trying to get their podcasts and they streaming numbers and everything.
Speaker 1: All good.
Speaker 3: We accept all COMPETI issue all the smoke, that's right, all the smoke you heard me stacks.
Speaker 1: Shut.
Speaker 3: Consistency is the difference you factor in my opinion, because.
Speaker 1: If you don't feed.
Speaker 3: Them, let's let's let's let's use I like to always like dumb everything down so anyone understands, simplify, let's use this podcast show as food. You're feeding people with information from me and yourself and whoever your guests are. And that's why they're gonna tune in. It's entertaining, that's fool. If you don't feed them, they're gonna go eat somewhere else.
Speaker 1: That's simple. Just they're gonna find the next best item on the man.
Speaker 3: And I said, the only ones they get a chance to basically fast you right, make you fast for that content is the ones that's already at the time, not the new up and coming guy. Look at the guy that was at the top, and look at their track record, and you're gonna see how much work they put in to get there. And don't don't discount that. Understand that there's no cheat code, there's no you can't treat the game. You can only play the game. You can never treat the game. You can only play the game. Never had a problem with rolling my sleeves up and getting the work that bro it don't matter what and.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm the type of person I never had a problem with even if the W ain't looking promising for me, but it's looking promising for you. We're gonna push you to get you the W because when you win, gonna make it easier for me to win, because now I can pick off to us fighting.
Speaker 3: We all, we got all, we got, we all, we got God every time, you know we we mentioned. I just shot a movie. We was talking the movies.
Speaker 1: You're back.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just go back to that for a second, because we just shot a Spanish fly movie. I'm not Latino. My mother's black. My father was Trinidad in Filipino. That's my lineage.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, I got a partner. Don de Niro and Oscar you know what I'm saying, both gia times and they're very influenced you in the Latino community. Don was a big artist at one point, independent artists. First, he was the first rapper in really in Spanish music back then. Desert calls him, des calls him was calling him the Latin jay Z. Go ahead and check it out. You add, I'm telling you no bullshit and one knows him everyone, But that was back then. Then he evolved and everything. But then my Latin divisions because the growth of the Latin communities, we.
Speaker 1: Can't say, go get them.
Speaker 3: Go get a globe and look at all the Latin American countries and then you start understanding why the growth is like that, and then you put into the fact that they're not being serviced. So I was when I started adventures. I started a division ten years ago. This is way before any of this started. I was in front of this movement. So and I have it now in film. So we did a movie called Spanish Flys called It's all Latino like actors, comedians, big names. Yeah right, and they all did it for nothing. See that's what because they know they all they got.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: The whole reason I'm talking about that is because I watched the Latin community come in all the best directing people, that's the production people telling Denio whatever you want, I'm here.
Speaker 1: That's right. I want to be part of this. If it wasn't about money, everybody, but it wasn't about money. That's about.
Speaker 3: They just wanted to help and be part of it. And that's what we have to get as a community's people.
Speaker 1: Right because if he win, we all win. Yes, it's the village. Oh man, we all win. That's it. But you know that's another dope movie.
Speaker 3: We just finished and we shot that eight days eight days.
Speaker 1: Man, I gotta come. I gotta pop out on one of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know we're gonna gonna get last acting. I get my skills shop and.
Speaker 1: It's no problem.
Speaker 3: I show you how to do it, like I really have a system that I developed for like influencers. You're an influencer. I'm not just taking John Dues nothing. Because today I gotta get an audience to watch my film.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. If you're in the film, you'll be here. Yo. Make sure you watch my film. That's right.
Speaker 3: What's needed if you're doing it independent.
Speaker 2: Even if you just text me and tell me the film is out, yo, listen, make sure y'all go check out Balling where they can find it at to be.
Speaker 3: Right now and a ton of other places.
Speaker 1: Amazon, It's gonna be all over, that's right.
Speaker 2: Spanish flyers right now on tub And I'm not even in the movie. But this is my motherfucking brother. So I'm gonna promote you. So if the movie I'm in, I'm gonna tell you right now, you might get a flyer on the windshield of your car.
Speaker 1: So you see this fly back bleak in the movie. Baby, Yeah no, but.
Speaker 3: They I'm telling you, that's why I picked the cast of How I Did It. You gotta have, you can't get. I looked at movies in a different perspective again, and I looked at like I love let's say, Morris Chess now takes. These are incredible acts, blackhead of me. I could never All Right, here's the question, how many people if I had them in the movie, how much do I have to pay them? And then how many people they get to go watch it? See that all comes with a tag. When they established like they are, they're not knocking them.
Speaker 1: It's just the.
Speaker 3: Business they're in it now they almost priced themselves out. Yes, you understand, they're really great actors.
Speaker 1: Both of them.
Speaker 3: I fuck with both of them hard, you know, posts But at the end of the day, they're both great actors. But they'll want more money than I could afford at this level. And then they're not gonna work as hard because then they're gonna want even more money from the marketing side. But if I go get these influencers that want a chance to be actors or these following, they're gonna push the movie for me. They're gonna help market the movie, and they're gonna give people that's curious another part of you know this. Me and like we had a lot of different philosophies, and one of them was curiosity killed the cat. So a new artist with slayer old artists. Right, I brought a new artist in the game. You're curious to see or hear his story. So that gave us an upside on that. So that's how I look at the same thing, that curiosity I wanted. That curiosity of Damn Lance is in the movie.
Speaker 1: He could act. Yeah, wait a minute, he got a whole soundtrack, he could wrap. He's really the Black Drake, Yo.
Speaker 3: He's spending drake. Though I ain't heard enough new promise you. I just can't stand. I'm not understandings. When I can't stand, I'm gonna tell you why I say what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He could make R and B hooks.
Speaker 3: That's why I say I told you he's come in the studio. Why he just saying job rule, Come on, he job man. All these niggas is John straight up man, you could singing rap man, you jock. Because it was a time I was jealous of this nigga. You're hitting me in the studio. Think about it.
Speaker 2: When gott He produced my joint Infatuated. I'm sitting there, he like, yo, bleak, we need a hook. I'm like, all right, call your man.
Speaker 3: Court John, nigga, the fuck I don't sing hook masks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack came through, wrote the Infatuated hook in five seconds. We got shout out the homie boxy BJ. Yeah it was BJ artists at the time, sung the hook and we got it done. But that's what I'm saying, man like all that. He was the first I saw do it many straight up. Listen, you could say bone Thugs was part of it, but they different. Yeah, they were more harmony. They were more harmonizing and singer.
Speaker 1: Take it to a different place. Mass a solo act doing both.
Speaker 3: Bro. I used to tell that nigga, who fuck you think you is? Usher and Jay together, Come on, man, you cheat eat and dog can't do that. Then you got muscles.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we used to make jokes, push ups. The next year, everything's popping out.
Speaker 2: Like if Drake was these like Joe taking his shirt off, it'll be unfair, be crazy, it be unfair.
Speaker 1: But really Lance could do that. Though I heard one song on the Joint.
Speaker 3: Bawling soundtrack it I promise you're gonna be able to hit the play and listen to every joint like definitely, because when I did this thing, I was only thinking I gonna make a record or two just to put in the movie, not the whole soundtrack.
Speaker 1: So we're going to street, go to Circle House in Miami. Spot never.
Speaker 3: Lance never been in a big studio. He's like, man, I'm always making my wraps in the kitchen or something, so he never. Then I bring in my producer, shout out Nary, Narry Boy or Beast Miami comes in.
Speaker 1: He chefed whatever you want up and the idea Circle House down there ruined my life.
Speaker 3: But God, so he get all of this and he's seeing all of the ship. I'm bringing y d another dope nigga out there, you know what I'm saying, And we just started making records.
Speaker 1: That's dope. But he kept wrapper I'm gonna keep it the buck.
Speaker 3: He's the reason because he kept pushing me, come on to give more studio, more to you, because this is when ever went to go do something with Mary J. Blige, my director. So I had a little downtown were going right there, boom boom boom. Less than a week, we had like eighteen joints.
Speaker 1: That's dope. Now he was working, that's dope. He was working. My niece. My niece, she's there pinning with him. They vibing together. They got hit records on that soundcheck. I believe it. I'm gonna go check it out. You said Drake is black dough, but he is the black girl Drake. That's what I mean. That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Black drizzy, shut out drizzy too.
Speaker 1: Man. You know what I'm saying. Your word up right. It's smoky out here. It's crazy. It's smoky for niggas.
Speaker 2: I gotta but you would be able to see listen, you with a perfect segue for the things that he's dealing with, you know what I mean, the public, the media. What advice would you give him because y'all been through it.
Speaker 3: You know he got Jay Prince behind him too, So shout out. The Prince fe his birthday just passed out. I missed you, bro, I can catch you out. I'm gonna go to his island. You know he owns a couple of islands. No way, I ain't know that in belief, he owns two islands.
Speaker 1: In belief, I ain't know that. That's dope, man, I ain't dope. That's fire superfied is yes, dope.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out there and fuck with him. I just told him, I said. I asked him one question. I said, what's the law of these islands? Is it prince law? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Prince, I said, okay, I know how to come now, bring in my strap facts. But you know all of these things. But you're gonna hear his his range.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're an artist, probably most artists is insecure when it's time to release music because they stay safe. They stay in their box. And the one thing I kept telling is, don't be afraid.
Speaker 1: If you hear it, do it. We're in the studio.
Speaker 3: You don't like it, we don't play for nobody. That's the place you supposed to try everything, your free space. That's when you might find something to change the game.
Speaker 1: That you ain't even know. You didn't even know you had. That's a fact, yo.
Speaker 2: One thing I always say, man, gott He gave me the best advice man when it come to making records. I think to this day I apply it and this is why I make records. I could go in the studio and knock out two three records because Gotty used to always say, why you spending so much time on the verse. You ain't gonna say nothing that Biggie Nae j Upac, They ain't say already. You just gonna try to find a new way to spend it, Nigga. They only gonna remember the hook.
Speaker 1: That's right. So long as the hook is hot, just stay on top and get it done. On to the next record.
Speaker 3: When the verses damn there was written, they write theyself, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Once you have the chorus the verses down there right, theyself, bro like, it's like you don't even think.
Speaker 3: My favorite, one of my favorite, uh irv got He producing one of them is like produce as a producers. When we did Halla, Holler and we again Jay, we gave Jay to cant I get it so we didn't have to for the movie. The soundtrack and everything, so we didn't have a first single from each other. I found a beat one of my producers, I call IRV.
Speaker 1: Yo, I got it. Yeah yeah, So he's a come to the studio.
Speaker 3: We had electric Lady. They had an Electric Lady. I go in there and he gives y'all to puts the beat up.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is it. This is hard yo. He goes.
Speaker 3: Irv's like, that's like because he didn't hear it. I just told my got it and get yo. That's hard yo. Come on, John, he said, on this record, don't start with the verses the hook. Write the hook, and John was like okay, went and wrote hook wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It was like, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Now again, these artists today got to be produced and accept the criticism of the opinion of that producer to help them make the best record possible. Right. He came out with another hook, that's not it, And I give Joe all the credit because it was no ego that no it ain't it. Go He came out and it's like, I got it. I'm gonna double up this. He didn't have it, but he understood the concept. He wrote was like go write it. He wrote it versus done like this. It was like the record was made already, yo. And that's three verses, sixteen balls these verse like that's back then when you had to do three verses.
Speaker 1: Those verses was written like this. Now niggas is writing one verse a minute eighteen seconds of the song. I started cheating with.
Speaker 3: There's one of my homies. I'm gonna give him a plug right now. He's from Compton. You know what I'm saying, terminated?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 3: And you know I told him I want to make an album with him because he has a voice and he tells a story that you're gonna believe every word he says. It's a different it's a different feeling from everything. But he don't make records. He makes a verse in a hood, not even really hard. He gives you a little something and in that verse out and he's done because he's really against and he's only doing it.
Speaker 2: That's fun, Yo, That's how the boss boss Man d Loo songs is. You be like this, yo, shiit hard, this ship fires and it shit go off like what the fuck? Like the wait I got? Did I get the I gotta download the real version? Like I shouldn't have been in twenty seconds. Let me play this shiit seventeen times in the road.
Speaker 1: That don't help change the game. You gotta everyone. He said that. He's like, Yo, think about it.
Speaker 2: When you listen to the radio, boss Man Di Loo said, when you listen to the radio and they on the mixed show the d you only play about a good forty seconds of the record anyway.
Speaker 1: So if it's hot, you're gonna bring that shit back. That's it, Which is right?
Speaker 3: And when he said that, I was like, And then I said, the way we do videos, I got a different concept.
Speaker 1: I don't give everybody everything because term might do it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's a different way to shoot the video.
Speaker 1: Fat you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because he's talking real shit. It's almost against cinematic shit. Yeah, come out on some cinematic shit, bro, It'll be just a different looking field. When I look at all these videos, they just trying to get it done because they lower the budgets now and everyone's trying to do it for cheap and shasible, And that's why the game is suffering in my opinion, you know, because.
Speaker 2: Everybody cutting budgets, but it's they don't got the money. No more, man, the money ain't coming in like it was when we had it in that early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Bro that that that digital. I think these labels understand how to get that digital money. You know, they get more money.
Speaker 3: From like sponsors and brands, so it kind of offset some of the mechanical sale that we had with the expense is way less. If you, I don't want to say it's not doing good that the labels are still around. No, No, the music for a reason. These kids, because they make the three sixty's always there to merging and.
Speaker 1: It's not off the records. So I got you. No, it's not off the sale.
Speaker 3: But there's again, I know the stream is they're gonna have to do something like I'm doing with the TV, the movies and TVs where the distribution has to be different, you know, shout out.
Speaker 2: Rock Nation Distro. They just want somewhere you free to everybody. Eighty five fifteen split. They said they got a phenomenal like social media thing that you was telling me that matter.
Speaker 1: I'm about that. You said, it's no perfect segue. You can break it on now listening. I was early over there when it was equity and Christian.
Speaker 3: With shout out Christian, you know I'm gonna keep it. I'm gonna keep it a bucket og No. I was mad we didn't get it together because they they wanted to do something. They know I had adventure music, and they was like, let's figure something out. They was picking my brain on what's the problems. And me and O G had a meeting and he said it's really his sons. And you know, he says, he says, you got to talk to him. I said, well, he could ask me whatever questions and I answer to prove that I'm not playing. So we had that meeting and I answered every question and more and Christian was like yes to everything, and I looking at one like okay, let's figure this shit out. But we never figured it out. That's something that I don't I get mad at because the time in if we're white, we do it, yes, right, That's the part that I don't ever understand and ship is like, if we're white, we do it. I told Steve Stout that, you know, Irvin Stout was in the second grade together.
Speaker 1: Damn, I ain't know that we played. I used to play.
Speaker 3: Football with him in the cage. Come to the parks, you know.
Speaker 1: Man, that's crazy. That's crazy man. Now niggas kicked his ship over the fence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, be crazy shit.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, crazy ship.
Speaker 3: You know, at the end of the day, I said, because he was the very first one to come to me for Adventures.
Speaker 1: When I start Adventures, He's like, what are you doing over it? Before he starts his United Mass know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We all family like, And I said, Steve, I'll shut this down to funk with you, because when I wrote my business plan, this is how real it is for Adventures. What do I need to be successful? After I wrote it, first thing, I put Steve style because I know what I need. I just don't want to give the game up. I know how to change this game and get it right.
Speaker 1: That's right. I just need someone to.
Speaker 3: Fuck with me because I can't walk in the doors. They don't fuck with me.
Speaker 1: They do. You just know the doors that I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: They're scared that the history you never leave your They never get once you say, because they want to know your background.
Speaker 1: You say it from that right away. See, people don't know that unless you live it. I live in it. I understand my problems.
Speaker 3: If I can't go to my family and friends once you stamp, shout and and try to again, it's one of my partners, he accepted, He understood. I don't look at it as a badge of shame. I said, this is a badger of honor. Most of those most of those white boys that have those executive jobs.
Speaker 1: Went through white collar crimes.
Speaker 3: And guess what they did, know they told and they still there and they still move like it's all good and it's no man.
Speaker 2: If anybody looking at crime, America has built a crime, Yeah, a country is built.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: If you don't know that you are you, you're in the wrong place and live in space. But that's my that's part of my plight that I got to walk to that man. But you know, Earth went through the watch. Earth went there, and I'm gonna give Jay a big shout out because he Earth started tails. Remember two.
Speaker 1: So here's a meeting me and working on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There we have a whole meeting and all of this ship about tales and and we get a meeting with Steven Hill who runs BT at the time, and Jay's with him, IRV and J and IRV is pitching to get a pilot, just a pilot, give me the money from BT to show you how powerful this TV show is and it's dope. So he pitched to Steve. Steve turned to J like, I'll never forget this shit like and I give credit in flowers where he's due. But if there's something foul, I say foul shit too, like the truth is the truth, and I'll never take it away, never take it away. Because Jay, being who he is with my brother, turns to Steve. Stephen Hill says, what would you do to J? Jay looked at him, and he looked at Irvan, and he looked at Steve again and said, I'll give him whatever he wants and get out his way.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And didn't get a pilot deal. He got an eight show season because Jay said that I can never act like if he was here, he could never act like that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying now, whole.
Speaker 3: Dude, unbelieved, unbelievable behind the scenes that he don't even want to be credited.
Speaker 1: He don't even want you to even tell the world. He don't care like he do what you do want basketball.
Speaker 2: He's a great hearted, he's the kindest person I ever know, man, Like then gave me the biggest opportunity in my life.
Speaker 1: He's this is the gift that keeps on giving. That's why I always tell him, like, hey, how can I pay you back? Bro? Like how I don't put on my whole family? How you pay someone like him back?
Speaker 2: Like when that's it? And that's why he said on the right person, that's what he's saying. Yeah, all I want to do is see you when.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, like my last time I seen was an earth past. That's when I was with him.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: He wrote me after the funeral and saying, it was like amazing to watch me deal with everybody. You know, I greeted everybody, talk to everybody, and you know it in the worst times for me.
Speaker 1: Man, Hell yeah, I couldn't even imagine bro.
Speaker 3: You know, and you know him writing back and tell me and he was like, if you need anything, let me know and everything. Again, it's just a blessing to have.
Speaker 2: A big homie like that on your just to have somebody with that statue on your side, even behind you. And understand because a lot of people forget, like I say, they look at billionaire whole They don't understand he from.
Speaker 1: Mossy fucking projects. Man.
Speaker 2: They ate peanut butter and jelly man. Nigga made fake pizza, Nigga with the crab cheese and the tomato sauce on the Wonder Brad stop playing man. We regular hood niggas and Nigga never erase that. Man, no heart that niggas have from what we came through to where we're at. It would never change. Man, what you want to tell her? What's going on next? What's the next moves for my guy?
Speaker 1: Chris got on it again.
Speaker 3: The movies is incredible, but again the Basketball League to go.
Speaker 1: Back to that.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I may have raising my first season incredible. I got all them players and coaches and my street ball background, and I have a I have a real business there that when I get New York set, I'm gonna take it in multiple cities. Not teams.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Everyone thinks I'm gonna bring a team to Chicago. I'm gonna bring the league. It'll be the CPL of Chicago to be the CP of Miami Atlanta. Because what I'm servicing is all these players. You think of the NBA, there's only thirty two teams. There's only two rounds every year. Think of marsh madness, how many players don't get to the league fact.
Speaker 1: And then out of those.
Speaker 3: Sixty four, how many so old overseas? And then every say, oh you go overseas and play okay man overseas. It's two players that could be from America the rest are.
Speaker 1: I had a conversation with Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady.
Speaker 2: I went to shout out team that's fan for the dinner with them, not to over though, and they were saying, man, we missed the shooters in America once Curry leave, Like who he got? We don't have all the shooters is from overseas. Everybody here we just know how to dribble. And I was saying there, I'm like, damn, that's kind of crazy. I ain't ever look at it.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, shooting like Curry has.
Speaker 3: Think of how many shoots shots he has to take to get that good.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Will take that practice. Man, you gotta work. That's working when you're exhaust you gotta go get it. Man, you gotta work for it. It's not gonna be just given to you if he wins. Another ring.
Speaker 3: Where do you put him?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's up there, he's number two. It's number two. He went another ring, he number two. And you look at the team he's got. He's got no good team, right, I mean when you when you go.
Speaker 1: Back, you gotta Dreammard who only would work good with him? You got it. Let's go to Clay when he was there.
Speaker 3: Clay was tough. But we're playing with playing with a great player like Curry Laundry.
Speaker 1: Good dollar though, and what was my other man? Who player? Homie? Who is a good dollar? A star? Is your role player? Thank you? He was a role player in Philly. He was a star in Golden State. He was the MVP of the finals.
Speaker 3: I could argue that, but there's another party. Again, he didn't average more points, but and again average impact.
Speaker 1: The impact is because of Draymond, no score. But he was a staff.
Speaker 3: You know, my sister was just talking to me just now and she says, the pace is she said she never liked Halliburton. Hold on, why she's this is my sister, you know, And she said, I didn't like Halliburton. So I but man, what are they won in twelve or something like that? Okay, he's not playing. Okay, his impact. Now, those role players when when it's see when sports is in and you talk to players, you could ask on what I'm saying when it's when that when that star isn't on that court and now it's you, the game on the other side is geared to stop you. Yeah, okay, that's what just happened to all those role players. If they get to stop Igual Dollar, what is he gonna do? It's only because he was jumping through the roof, dunking or niggas heads and.
Speaker 1: We cannot erase who he was. No, you're not gonna do that. Listen to me. I'm not. I'm saying he's a role player. He never was a start.
Speaker 3: He was a star only because Curry takes all that attention and then he's good enough. He's that good that if it's just him and that one player he buzzing that Nigga asked, See, that's the.
Speaker 1: Difference of a star. It's the difference of a star.
Speaker 3: Bro It's like you could go through the lage James, Jimmy Butler is older now, but he was at one point questions.
Speaker 1: At one point, I said.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's not now, he's not now, and I guarantee if you talk to him, he's gonna tell you how much he loves playing with Steph because it takes so much away from him with other players.
Speaker 1: It's no more dealing with twos and three.
Speaker 3: You know. You know I told you I cold aging or cole Many. Mante Ellens shout out, mante Ellis, man, that was one of my dudes. And he he was mad because David Lee got a Max contract. White boy dad. Yeah, I remember, shout out, David, that's my man. We's poking all that shit together.
Speaker 1: David Lee. Right, how you worried about it? A man is fill that's pople player in the world. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But David Lee got an eighty million dollar contract at the time, and mante Ellens said to me, he said, how's the nigga get eighty million and never a double team for him? See, this is when you start analyzing players and understand the differences and who's really who is.
Speaker 1: When you got a.
Speaker 3: Player that's taking all the attention and every team is good to stop them, you fall through the cracks.
Speaker 1: Bro. So that's why what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Because Lebron the whole league the reps, every team, the players, the FA they've been getting towards him.
Speaker 1: Since he came out of high school. So he number one if he got this. You watched Lebron get double teams ten team, Yeah, the whole Detroit. He dunk on the whole team. Lebron is power and speed. He don't shake nobody.
Speaker 3: He's gonna run through.
Speaker 1: Understand, And you go about that. I would me first.
Speaker 3: When I watched when I watched Lebron, And again, I don't want to knock Lebron.
Speaker 1: Don't give me number one day.
Speaker 2: By your analogy, he's number one if you're talking about the main focus of the are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But them dudes was them dudes were coming on was plumbers man. He wasn't athletic.
Speaker 3: They already I don't want to go back and forth with you with this.
Speaker 1: Go look at the players that he played with.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying no, but I'm saying that my eyes play with eyes that I saw.
Speaker 1: Shorting this number one.
Speaker 2: I said, but it was knowledge electricians and makes little Raw number one because.
Speaker 1: Just because that analogy doesn't make him number one. So listen. So bj Armstrong was bj Armstrong and Jordan made him, but he wasn't a star role player. Paxton wasn't the start of the role players.
Speaker 3: What about what about what about her specialists?
Speaker 1: Role player?
Speaker 3: He can't he had them in history.
Speaker 1: That's just say no, the team is designed. Yeah, you need a person for these places.
Speaker 3: They knew three people's on Jordan's someone's open that's gonna be reliable to knock it down. So they got specialist Hodges.
Speaker 1: Fuck, then what about Craig Hodges.
Speaker 3: Craig Hodges got busy. I'm telling you, Yeah, they had specialists. That's how you designed the team. But that's how you gotta design it. I hear you.
Speaker 2: There's no team designed like that since Golden State. That's the only team since Chicago that was designed by the regular role player that dominated the game.
Speaker 1: How that happened?
Speaker 3: See, this is where you're missing this punt.
Speaker 1: It's the same happened. It's the same thing with Detroit Pistons. How they wore they one? They ring? How did it happen?
Speaker 2: The team together? But these niggas was all stars. It's just nobody wanted. I'm not talking about that Detroit. I'm talking about Detroit with Ben Willers Chauncey Billups, rip hamdled.
Speaker 3: That was my squad. Okay, Mota City, that was my team. A bunch of niggas that you counted out and we get together and show you we really had. I'm here too, So that's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. You can't say either, it's not number one. If you get together, put the team together, all.
Speaker 1: Of your niggas level. What team was gearing up to stop IgA dollars?
Speaker 3: That's what the problem is.
Speaker 1: That's what stop dollar in Golden State? Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I'm not hot yo, were goiving touch you, andre j.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to gearing up to stop the whole Golden State. These niggas invented the move around giving They was looking like the Globe trotters when they first study niggas trying to con the whole team. I think they're the reason.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, hold on this pit stop stop who's the one out of all of them is running around. That's who they're geared towards. The whole plays is run because they had they had an iconic player. Listen to me, they got an iconic player, Steff, I'm not saying nothing. I'm trying to explain to you.
Speaker 1: So he's the iconic player. You agree, I'm gonna give you one. Okay.
Speaker 3: So if that's the case, the entire offense is designed around him.
Speaker 1: Not a good dollar. You say you are second and.
Speaker 3: Third option, Hodie, right, he'll tell you.
Speaker 1: But listen, so lit'sten right. You can't be bringing the second and third breaking down.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to say, who a star? He said iconic? Okay, jay Z is fucking iconic. But we all stars on there too. We role players, though, but we stars.
Speaker 1: In that right. I said, nobody ain't gonna tell me.
Speaker 3: Fella got it when he got to when he got the gonna say he's the role player you got, you got Steph, and you had Clay Clay. Clay's a monster.
Speaker 1: Draymond is a star. Dre not a star. He a role player.
Speaker 3: If Draymond played for the Knicks with Draymond even played, see he.
Speaker 1: Only could do what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I feel like that, it's like you know you again. It's like you get that perfect combination. Stephan Draymond is the perfect combination. Fuck I fuck with Dre Draymond like he's a grinder. But he has to fit in a certain system or else he'll be irrelevant.
Speaker 1: So chill this conversation. That's because sports is crazy.
Speaker 2: This is the basketball I love y'all. I just want to tell you, don't lose my script in the mail like this. This was my invite sit in the script.
Speaker 1: We ready, baby, tell I appreciate you pulling up my brother. You know I love you. Man.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all check out balling. Make sure you check out Spanish fly dropping.
Speaker 3: So make sure you tap into the cpl any of y'all got some money in want that's your music.
Speaker 1: Alad, Chris Gottie, we outside man involved with this basketball league.
Speaker 3: I promise you this is a multi billion all the business raised three million right now.
Speaker 1: Next raise is gonna be seventy five to one hundred.
Speaker 2: Stop being scared of niggas who beat the Alphabet boys and they tail. You should want to link with them. These other niggas out here, burnt and earning nigga.
Speaker 1: Watch that.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleak.
Speaker 1: You see anybody fraud in flagging