Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Talking Baseball. The Los Angeles Dodgers are the twenty twenty four World Series champions. Yeah, Yankee, what a season?
Speaker 2: Walker buelleray swinging Miss.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Talking Baseball, presented to you by Sea Geek. Hey, they still have the co john Boy Playoffs ten going on. I don't know when it ends. It's ten percent off at seageek. The playoffs are over. So if you haven't done it yet, code john Boy Playoffs ten. It gets you ten percent off your next order at Sea Geek. Go see. Maybe, maybe go get some culture. If you live in New York and you follow that team all year, maybe go get some culture.
Speaker 2: Go to like a museum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe sports aren't for you anymore.
Speaker 2: Come to La.
Speaker 1: The weather's great in La. It seems like the weather and the baseball in La are fantastic.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: I'm Jake story Lie, that's Trevor Plof No, it was I was just gonna say it was a fun one last night. That would have been a weird way to say it, but it was. Trevor, how are you.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about like being a baseball fan is you go to a game like that you understand what you saw there, like whether it was good for you or bad for you, Like you understand you saw like kind of an all timer. I don't want to say all timer. I'm not going to give it that, but a very unique entertaining event happened before your eyes last night.
Speaker 1: Oh that was an old timer that There was a.
Speaker 2: Half ending that was an all timer, no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: A team came back from down five runs to win a World Series game. That's you don't see that every day.
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't even score any what was that?
Speaker 1: Wait? What was that? No? No, no, no, no, I'm gonna have to double check the box score. Was up five runs and then lost the World Series game by giving up five unearned runs and a half inning.
Speaker 2: We'll get there.
Speaker 1: I can't do that in the World Series.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. We've kind of been saying that all postseason long, but I'm curious to hear it.
Speaker 1: Pop.
Speaker 2: You got one, Drevor.
Speaker 1: I've got to burn. And you know, there's there's some tough Dodger fans out there, and good that means you're passionate and whatever. That's kind of the whole deal. Man. The better team won. The better team won. Dodgers aren't gonna like this part. Maybe they'll like this part even more. The World SAP. The World Series happened La versus San Diego in LA one. Those are the two best teams. Uh, congrats Lam you know me, Jack Flaherty and Walker Buehler. They're on my couch right now, just you know, having a good don't no, no, they're on somebody's couch. Let's uh, let's talk about it. Let's talk about this baseball game recording in progress, final game of the year and the boogie down Bronx Yankees as Garrett J. Cole would try to wear out one more win for the Yankees, as the Dodgers would hope to be setting off flares behind j Flair and the Dodgers bullpen bottom. One Big Justice brings the boom Aaron Judge with a two run homer, and then I jazzed in my band to back in the Bronx. The Pronx is burning for Dugo RBI single Hugh Me and my cousin from Florence giancarlo Is seventh postseason homer. It's five oh Yankees. But in the fifth inning, the Yankees should have called the cops on themselves. Judge beats the fly ball, both be and Jazz combined to make some terrible music, and even the old dogs get involved. I gotta you take it to the tune of five unearned runs in one World Series inning. Freddy gets fingered, so ta Oscar gets grouchy. It's five to five Stanton in Lux both sacrifice themselves for the team. The sackfly is underrated, and it's not underrated in La anymore. As Mookie Bets puts the icing on the cake, the Dodgers win World Series Game five Clarity, the bandit a brazier to opec to Bessie at a Gradderol to try, and in the Bueller, it's going going back back to Cali, Cali, Dodger, your twenty four World Series champs.
Speaker 2: Boy, oh boy, where do we begin?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, you know, Trev, I feel like we haven't even said congrats to your Dodgers yet.
Speaker 2: Are your mentions not great? Right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? How are they awful? Dodger fans are tough, and they they're taking the Chris Rose fan in the stands stripsack like a guy actually tried to kill someone. So, yes, you can't do that. Yes, we laughed at it in lifetime, and yes, you have a better baseball team. Take it like I don't. I don't care. I've never been proud. And Yankee fans are worse because they just watched their team ship on themselves in the world.
Speaker 2: So you got a little bit of both right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, all right? Where do you want to start, Trevor Plue.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't if you want to see someone kind of tear Yankees the Yankees up. Chris Rose kind of went off last night. Yeah it was I never seen him like that, and so I'm very curious to see how everyone reacts to that. Where do I want to start? I think we have to start with the starters. And how about this, since most of this is going to be about Los Angeles being the better team, let's talk about Garrett Cole first. I think Garrett Cole was an absolute animal last night, and he did everything in his power. I know the line looks crazy, but he he pitched his ass off, no hits through four, just looking absolutely electric. And then we get to the fifth and I don't know if we're ready to get into that just yet. The fifth kind of blows up right in front of his face one of the things. Yes, he was a part of it, no doubt about it. We could talk about Anthony Rizzo in that situation, we can talk about Freddie and Tao, you know, sniping him. He had a chance to get out of that after you know, three blunders with just one run and then he got hit, So you have to mention that. But coming back out, I believe for two more innings were the start of the second one and looking great afterwards and still maintaining his stuff. I thought was was pretty impressive, dude. And John Smoltz was talking about the ton on the broadcast and just saying, there's just not many guys that in the big leies that could weather that fifth ending and then come back out kind of looking unfazed and man like World Series elimination game emotions running that high, even the miscues, like he didn't skip a beat, dude, Like, I don't. I know. It's hard for pictures when things behind them go awry, and a lot of times you'll see pictures like even if it's quickly like grimacing or like just kind of like giving some like I can't believe that just happened to me type thing, and Garrett Cole was he just it was about business man and he went back. So I want to give him credit because you know, Yankee fans, I think we're calling for him to have this this you know, a start for the ages if he will. And I don't think it was that. I mean, how can it be that when you lost the game. But I also think that you can really analyze it and say it was almost that, like besides giving up those runs, and I think, like I mentioned that Freddy and the Tao hit afterwards, like that was a hell of a start by him.
Speaker 1: Man his defense, it is his deep part of me. Gave up two innings that he he had a chance to go nine. He definitely had a Laneri and Aaron Judge doesn't squeeze a fly ball, uh, Anthony Volpi up five to nothing, you need to get an out. That's what that comes down to. So whether that's whether that's second base, first base, or third base, I you know some that that was the one that was hurting the people that was with the most was the Volpey ball. And for me, there's a play to be had there. But you have a new third baseman and Jazz Chisholm that the Yankees ignored the fact that he's a new third baseman U And for Volpi, you have to know you have to get one out there, that the risk of that play isn't worth it. And Trev, it's where I feel bad for Garrett Cole, well all of it. I feel bad for Garrett Cole. He gave uh what should be remembered as a heroic effort that you're right, kind of won't be. Yankees fans will be like, he looked good that night. Huh that ball to first base he got Mookie Betts heard of him, you know, just a reminder. Mookie Bets was gonna win the league MVP this year. Just a reminder. He was playing shortstop, he was racking up war he was the best player in the National League. He got hurt, he didn't win it. So after striking out show, Hey, he's got Mookie Bets. His team is letting him down. He gets a squibber to first base. That, Trev, there's some people that won't be able to ever talk about it properly because any ball hit to a pitcher's left side, you have to go towards first. Them's the rules. That's PfP.
Speaker 2: He did he did look at.
Speaker 1: Him, Trev When that was hit in live time, the whole stadium and everyone in the stadium assumed Anthony Rizzo would attack that ball, scoop it like he has for thirteen big league years or whatever it is, and step on first base, and that Garrett Cole had escaped a jam and a team that had let them selves down. To see that, you're right, like, that's why you're giving credit to Cole for stabilizing and not losing focus. There's people that'll be like, well, that's on Garrett Cole, that's on riz Man. Sure, I understand the thought process, and I understand people use different parts of their brain. Garrett Cole has to go to first base until it's not sure. He should have not been there. Anthony Rizzo should have been happy to attack and scoop that ball and step on first base and give his own fist pump and dude, he's been bad defensively this year. I know he's Anthony Rizzo. I know that man. They subbed him out in playoff games for his Waldo Cabrera at first base. That's his Waldo's sixth best position. They put themselves, They put themselves in this position to do this, Yankee fans weren't surprised by a five unearned run inning.
Speaker 2: I I want to talk about all the plays that the judge one. I don't think there's much to talk about. He literally took his eyes off the ball. He was trying to throw Keky out at first. I believe it just it was. It was that they showed the slow mo replay and it was catch the ball low, which I don't like. You know, he kind of coasted to it. You got to get it above your eyes. That's kind of like rule number one. Whatever. It's a sinking line drive. I get it. He was right there, but his eyes didn't stay on the ball man. And sometimes when you're running in like that, your head starts bobbing a little bit. If you charge to chop your steps down, which he was doing right there, and all of a sudden, you know, it just goes off for love. But if you look, I mean they showed a really nice replay on the on the broadcast. He just was looking towards first base. So there's there's number one. That's just a that's a shrip air. It's a straight up air. It's not like a mental air. It's just he just he zued it. Nothing you can say about that. The vulpi one, you go quickly through that if you want to get that. Beabs talked about this a little bit on baseball today. I think it was the right play because at that point, you know, that's kind of a slow ground ball to the backhand side. Jazz was at the base, he had everything here. He just didn't get his hips turned enough. And if you'd stop it on the throw Beabs for me, you'll see what I mean. He doesn't right there, like you gotta get that. You gotta get a little bit more like in line with the third basement that he kind of like chokes this ball off right here instead of just throwing it. I mean, that's an awkward throw, Like how many times do you practice that ball? You just don't so hey, this is just a shred up feeld play, almost like a second baseman beating the shortstop on a double play, which you know Lope has his zero experience doing that. He just doesn't get turned enough. He's his footwork isn't good there, but kind of like why would it be. It's it's well, I guess you could say's a big leage short stuff. But it's just kind of an awkward play. All of these, the next two plays, this one and the Garrett Cole play, you just don't practice those, Okay, So that one was tough. Again. I think Jazz was there. It was a bad throw by Volpi. I think it was the right play. The right decision was right in front of him. It's just a bad throw. He choked it off. Man, he got nervous. That ball felt like a golf ball in his hand right there. So he hit the Rizzo one.
Speaker 1: Now, the only thing I'd say about the volt Pey ball, Will Smith is running on that, and you have to take in the other factors.
Speaker 2: That's a really tough ball to go to first base on right there.
Speaker 1: The it's a catcher running I know what you're saying, because second base is a really tough play. Third base clearly not an easy play. You have to get it out. It's a work truv. Like that's for some of these plays. We start talking like their baseball, this was the World Series, this was with your season on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But Jake, that's that's the play. He made the right decision, he just didn't execute, Like that's the play.
Speaker 1: That's a problem too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I mean he just did not x acuted.
Speaker 1: And you had a third basement over there.
Speaker 2: And Jazz was in perfect position.
Speaker 1: He's not a third basement. Like you're missing the details.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't, it doesn't. What does it matter. What is him not being a third baseman have to do with that. It's a horrible throw the third Even if fucking Ronado and his heyday was over there, what's he gonna do, right.
Speaker 1: He's gonna he might have a chance to scoop that because he's a third baseman.
Speaker 2: I am I'm not. I'm not on Jazz for that.
Speaker 1: You make that all because you played third base.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a horrible throw by Volpi right read bad throw, judge or excuse me. The next one was I don't know this. You tell me this because Dan Rourke, super producer Dan Rourke, he said that he's never like he said, Rizzo never takes that ball himself. He never does. So this is a thing where it's like, Okay, we talked about base running. You don't practice during the year, they don't. You don't practice pfps during that, you practice them in spring training. And that's it. So like these two kind of have to you have to know what it is. So you know, Garrett Cole did start going and then he stopped. Anthony Rizzo could have definitely come in a bit more aggressive and stepped on the base, but he hasn't been doing that all year, So that's like a thing that you just have to know. It was like the baseball gods came down and I don't know, man, like that was just a weird thing. I think he was trying to hang back because there was a ton of spin on that ball, like you know, off the end of the bat, and there's one if you can stop it. He was like, right right now, stop, I mean, like, what the fuck did? He has the ball and plenty of time and he's never gonna beat MOOKI right there because.
Speaker 1: He's the exit VLO on that ball.
Speaker 2: Do we have a number seventies? I'll get it, probably seventy something, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: And by the end Rizzo's going back on it. I don't know. I'll tell you. I'll tell you who would have fielded that ball and stepped on first. Freddy Freeman, Like this is the World Series, we're talking about. Taking your eyes off a fly.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, forty nine point.
Speaker 1: Eight going back, Trev.
Speaker 2: He was he was trying. It was a spinball. I don't mind him going back. He's I think he still had time to go. If he had made up his mind and said I'm gonna feel this and go touch the bag, he would have beat Mooki. But he in his mind, he was head down making sure he caught the ball, and then he went to flip right away and nobody was home, and then he was. Then he was fucked. It was crazy, dude. I mean you saw it. I saw everyone watching saw in lifetime. That was We're like, whoa. But again, you can talk all you want about all those miscues. It was still two outs, one run was in right there, and then you yeah, then you got a deal with Freddy and Tao. This is the length of a lineup. This is guys getting getting it done. Freddy two strike, knock up the middle, Tayo double over Judge's head. Like, you still have to give credits to the Dodgers for taking advantage of it. You can say, oh, the Yankees fuck this up, but yeah they did. They gave him.
Speaker 1: That's where I wanted to go. I want to talk about the Dodgers. I want to talk about you know, you gave the Dodgers and Freddie Freeman and ta Oscar Hernandez a six out inning, So I take Cole's name out your mouth. I don't care. Jesus Christ himself could have been on the mound and the Dodgers were going to push a couple across that inning. So no, I the.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers one pitch away.
Speaker 1: Dude, he got the pitch and let me see where.
Speaker 2: The pitch was. I'm looking right now. It means as a middle and.
Speaker 1: Not make the play three times tod had six outfielders, and that the Dodgers were gonna score runs at it like they're the Dodgers. They are the Dodgers. You can't give them six outs in an inning. You did, you didn't, and that's why they're world serious champions, yes or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I think everyone now is on this train and it's hindsight, hindsight for a lot of people. But the Dodgers were by far the better team. Like I don't even think it was I honestly don't think it was close there really being honest, Like there's a couple guys that could get the job done. For the Yankees. They would have had to have absolutely monster series to beat this team. It's baseball. Anything can happen. But the better team won this, and I don't think there's any debating.
Speaker 1: I would go. So I would go Chris Rose Wordsmith on you, and I would say the talent on the field was similar. There was a clearly better team. There is a clearly better team, Trev, because this LA team has been through the fires, They've had the losses, they've had the winning they went out, they had a massive off season, which I'm glad we covered him all the way through because everyone should have that unique show Hey, contract from your guy Nez, the second bat came out, to bring in Taoska, to bring in your Yamamoto and at the deadline, everything they did, Trev. The Dodgers keep each other accountable. They there, That's what that franchise is built on. Uh. The Yankees do not. They Anthony Volpi probably should have been benched twice in his young Yankee tenure because he's a kid and baseball is really hard. He's very talented and very good. They should have They treated Jazz Chisholm, like he was a Hall of Fame third baseman. They called Clay Holmes the best closer in baseball for a month when he was blowing saves, just to try to convince themselves. Note the Dodgers would have said, oh, we don't. We gotta get Clay right right now, Like we love Clay, We're gonna get him in some good spots like that was the difference. The organizational top down to the team and how they manage each other and how they treat each other. That was the difference. Because the Yankees lost Game one on a relay throw. They lost Game five of the World Series on one of the worst defensive innings I've ever seen World Series games. Trev, this isn't this isn't a Monday recap with us, And we're like, you know, the Yanks could have had a couple of these World Series games.
Speaker 2: Well, what's it's not just gonna magically change, That's what I'm saying. Like they were not a fundamentally sound team, correct, you know? Throughout the year base running I mean I didn't. The base running was talked about much during the year, and it was magnified in the playoffs and like it was. It can all facets of the game. They got outplayed like they really did. Uh Luke Weaver has a three disengagement box Like that just can't happen, dudeence catcher's interference, Wells I.
Speaker 1: Need Can we talk about the fucking Dodgers, dude, because hey, I want to.
Speaker 2: I just want to say are.
Speaker 1: A better team and they deserve all the credit. How come we're talking about all the Yankees blunders?
Speaker 2: Well we'll get there because a lot of us had to do with a lot of this had to do with the Yankees blunders. I think that Wells needs to, like like, I think he's gonna go into this offseason and kind of like search for something there man, Like he is he like the air apparent, like gonna be the starting catcher next year, like because like he got something. H He's got some things he's got to work on, because there was I mean even in the last inning, there's a couple of balls where he's just scooping. Am Like, oh my gosh, bro, you can't be doing that with the runner on third base. They need to fix that. And he got the job done. He scooped them. But I'm like that is not how you do that. You can't do that with like in this game one run game runners on third base. It's crazy. So anyways, yes, talk about the Dodgers. Look, this was they got put in a crazy situation because you know, he had the bullpen game, A bunch of guys like their length guys had thrown that. In game four, Jack comes out, just doesn't happen. Man keeps falling behind. Everybody serves up a couple of balls, like tries to tries to sneak one past judge. First pitch doesn't happen. I mean, just not the right location, not the right pitch. You know, he gets tagged for a few so he doesn't even make it out of the second. Now, all of a sudden, that rested bullpen. You have those guys aren't lanth guys. Those are your one inning guys. And you have to cover seven and two thirds innings now with those guys. And you know, this was I think, you know, very difficult for the coaching staff to be able to piece this together. I mean Trianon was in there, and when did he come in. He came in in the bottom of the sixth, and there was no other reliever that was like, really should be up like all the other guys that don like forty pitches. The night before, Hudson had thrown in a couple games back to back, so I was wondering, where the hell are they going to go? Obviously we know they got to Walker. That's a whole different that's at the end of the show. I want to talk about him, but I think we've been kind kind of saying it man, and it's it's bucked traditional La Dodger talk. Dave Roberts did a really good job with the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean amazing. We were we were crunching the numbers and it's like, who's gonna come come out for the ninth? And then you hear Walker Buehler is getting loose, and you go, ah, that's right. They're the Dodgers there. They are willing to do that. They're gonna press those buttons they had, Hey, something that will go overlooked. Michael Kopek pitched the fourth top of the lineup. Two runners got on. It was five to nothing. People in the sands are looking at Judge at the plate saying like, hey, if this is seven nothing, you know you could start booking flights that leads to the fifth inning of depth, which on the other side, the Yankees brought in Tommy Kinley for the eighth inning, try to get some outs with him, and he doesn't get one. He lets three runners on that Luke Weaver, who had been the Yankees ace in the hole, he gives up, you know, to a sackfly, a sackfly, a catcher's interference, and strikes out Freddy that Hey, if the Yankees had been more aggressive with their eighth inning, would they have pushed to run across and then change their ninth inning?
Speaker 2: Who knows you want in there?
Speaker 1: I'll be honest. I was in the stands and I was fifty to fifty on it because Cainley had been good for the Yankees and he is the only pitcher that didn't pitch the day before.
Speaker 2: Kind of that's the recipe. Canley in the eighth, Weaver in the ninth a little bit, but especially at the bottom of the order, right.
Speaker 1: I think the whole point is you should not have recipes like the Dodgers made their own recipe, like you know, we in hindsight, you can critique that one. In live time. I was whatever after seeing how the Dodgers got things done with figuring it out, Like, hey, Walker Bueller, we might need an inning from you today. Dog, you know in hindsight seeing that, Yeah, I would have rather gone down with Luke Leaver than Tommy Kinley?
Speaker 2: Was Walker Bueller? And were we dming earlier in the day. I don't know, I didn't. I guess you didn't go there, and we can go there now.
Speaker 1: Because I'm my couch talking about it.
Speaker 2: Cainlee, Yeah, that's weird. Calee gives up bases loaded, Weaver gives up the sacriflies, and all of a sudden the Dodger are up seven to six, and that was in the top of the eighth. So trying in freaking absolute stud goes back out there, has to face Sodo, Judge Jazz Stanton and gets through it. Man, Yeah, Sodo with the three to one. Judge hits the double down the line, Okay, a little scary. He walks Jazz. So you have first and second. John Carlo t like kind of like a weird cut, although most of his swings kind of look weird unless he connects, then it's beautiful. It's like one of the it's a strange swing there just misses one, like you know, it's kind of a nasty fastball, just misses it, flies out to the right field and then he gets to riz. Okay, he's going nuts now you know he can't go back out. But that's when they started the show. Walker Bueller in the bullpen and he's warming up and it's his it's his, you know, bullpen day in between starts. He had just pitched two days ago. And I'm like, they have him and Hudson warming up, and I was like, please bring in Walker Bueller. And I said to some baseball today, like fan fiction for Dodger fans, show Heo Tani comes in.
Speaker 1: It closes the night out. Right.
Speaker 2: That's like Boner Jams twenty twenty four, right there, everyone wanted that wasn't gonna happen. Next up in the fluffer line would be Walker Buehler coming in to close it out. He's a free agent. This guy's two Tommy John's like working his way back for two years. Gives you that beautiful start in Game three. He's been like people love him, man. He's pitched in some big games for the Dodgers. He's got like that attitude that everyone loves. He comes in, Man, and I thought it was beautiful. I really really did like the fact, like you mentioned, like the Dodgers kind of weaving and having to kind of go with the flow and Walker being like, hell yeah, get me out there, give me my spikes. He said he hadn't thrown a ball all day long until he got into the to warm up to come into the game. Dude, he's out there and gets Volpi the ground out K's wells and then a beautiful, beautiful Kate Verdugo. He was just spinning that thing. After the wells, K had thrown seven at of twelve pitches for curveballs, and then he went after Verdugo with the same thing and it was nasty, and he gave this, I'm always curious how you're going to react, and he was kind of like stoic about it, like I'm here, you guys know what's up. He's gonna get paid. And then the celebration was on. Man, I thought it was very like cinematic watching Walker Bueller close it out. I can't wait to see what happens with him. But again, like I just thought there was just the Dodgers outplayed the Yankees like they just out freaking played the Yankees and the only game they lost was a bullpen game that they kind of they were in it until they weren't until you know, Brent honeywell kind of beginning and the.
Speaker 1: Most gentlemen sweep ever. I mean that the one game the Yankees won was against their minor league pitching. So, uh, Dodgers, they feel like they're on top of a mountain right now, Trev a mountain. God, I want to be on that mountain. M' for the Dodgers in LA today. But I'm talking about mountain dew. People, that's a mountain we can all get on. Get off your ass, grab some mountain dew. He can't watch any more baseball. Maybe you're playing your own baseball. Maybe you're sad. Maybe you take your ball to the park. Bring some mountain dew, Bring a glove and a ball. You're gonna have a nice day. You're not gonna walk away from that day saying I had a bad time. Go the mountain is calling. You should answer, Grab your friends, grab some ice cold mountain dews. Wherever refreshing beverages are sold. There's a link in the description Let's do more Dodger love because I don't think we have Frederick Freddie Freeman your series MVP.
Speaker 2: He's I mean, he talked about a little bit after the game with I don't know if this was last night or the before, but he's with our guys a Rod and Poppy and Jeets, and he was just talking about, you know, the ability to get healthy in the days leading up to the World Series and if you're and if you go back and remember the first couple series, I mean, the guy could barely run. You know, it was it was bad, and it didn't it didn't look good, but he was gutting it out because that's what you do during the playoffs, and that's what Freddie Freeman does. He posts he said that he he got better, he was able to kind of get back to his routine and he mentioned this, which I think is so cool. And I talked to her this a little bit on baseball today. He goes, I found a cue and he was in the cage and then something clicked, like you know, like that. You go through spurts like that as a hitter where you can see every pitch and you're just getting a rhythm and everything's working perfectly. You just sometimes you're in the cage and it's just one swing or one thought process or could a word that the hitting coach says, it just registers in your brain. It's like it's like turning the lights on. Dude, It's like, oh shit, you're right. He said he had one of those before the World Series and kind of a good time to get one. For being honest. Man, he was. He was incredible, dude, he's he's he's so good for that organization. I think the guys that they have there that they signed like are kind of they're superstars but still grindy. Yes, It's like Freddie Freeman is not like out trying to freaking be the man. He's just like a dad who loves baseball and like is really good at it. He's like a baseball player. MOOKI is just a sports freak. Yes, And he's also not trying to be like the man. He's just like, I'm just I'm Mooky.
Speaker 1: I'm the best, exited, just excited to see how you label show halfter calling Mookie the sports freak.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, to show hey freaking do all the other sports like Mookie does?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Yes, possibly, you never know. Showhy is just the freak like he's you think sho he gives a shit about anything but baseball and his dog. That's it. That's it. Like those three at the top of what you got going on there for many years to come. I think Freddy Slaws three years a fact check me there, Beavers. But like having those guys at the Helm who have the accolades, the performance and and like the mental bandwidth to just be leaders. They're in such a good spot. And you talk about the organization with the Dodgers three years left, thank you, Beavers. Talk about the organization. Talk to anybody that's played for them, and it's played for other organizations as well. I always bring a Brian Doser because you know that's my closest guy. Uh and he'll just say that's by far the best run organization, and he's talking about everything. It's it's down the line from how they treat families, how the travel is, how the meals are, how the coaching is, drafting, talent and evaluation. You know, obviously they have the money to do it because it's a big marketplace, and you know they spend it. They're not afraid to go out there and freaking put it out in the line. I mean, look what they gave for Yamamoto, who gave a great start in the World Series, was going to be there for fifty years. It's it really feels like a top down World Series trophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There, they are the better team. They are the better org. They've shown that year in year out for the past decade or so. Yeah. And that's where again I not necessarily circling back on the Cole Rizzo ball, but man, it's what you're saying about those guys, like, hey, Yankee fans were getting their feelings like, wait, Freddy Freeman was just a free agent because that that swing looked decent at the stadium. We went out and we got Rizzo. Okay, uh, do you know you know, I don't. I know you don't like trivia, trev But uh, do you know the last Yankee first baseman to hit a home run?
Speaker 2: Eh?
Speaker 1: John Birdie yea DJ Lemayhew July thirty, first, July thirty. It's Halloween. It is Halloween. It's first base of power position that when Cole got Mookie there, and that's it's why I'm still hurt by it. And again there's a coal side to it that can't be argued against. I get it. Mookie Betts isn't is going to be remembered as a unique inner circle Hall of Famer. Like you said, he's this weird sporty boy. Like there was a while when you turned on Baseball Internet and it's like, Mookie Bets bowled three hundred Mooviie Bets wrestled this bull. Mookie Bets would be an NFL wide receiver. Mookie Bets was playing shortstop this year in his thirties for the first time, about to win the NL MVP. He was gonna break baseball. They got him to squib out to keep a World Series Game five nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what though, But okay again, Dodger credit here, fucking ran he ran, dude.
Speaker 1: Dude, Freddy Freeman beat up a double playball.
Speaker 2: Yes it was. That was his fastest sprint speed all year long.
Speaker 1: Are we saying that about Stanton's trying to score like that? That?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. These guys are dull. I'm not saying that Aaron Judge and John Carlos, Stanton and Garrett Cole aren't dogs. Those guys are dogs. I don't follow the team as closely as you do. But I think there is a different leadership style in New York where it's like, hey man, I'm going to have your back no matter what. And I think the Dodgers are like and again I'm kind of like, I'm just guessing. I'm not in the clubhouses, so you know, don't take this, you know, one hundred percent. But it seems to me that the Dodgers' philosophy talking to guys is yeah, we have your back, but this is about more than you, like, this is about us winning. Like so if there needs to be a change, like we need to make the change. And I think this year for the Yankees, what we saw with Clay Holmes and we saw with a lot of people, and maybe it starts with Aaron Boone because I know he has the players backs and I like that. I think it was maybe a little bit a little bit too much of like the pad on the back thing, and sometimes you need to kick in the ass.
Speaker 1: One thousand percent, one thousand percent. It's it's the one thing that we would change about the Yankees organization. It would be just more like proper accountability, Like it's not like you have to throw guys under the bus, like it's just again I I don't want to take well. People have taken their shots at Clay Homes and it's it's because he had the most blown saves in baseball and it took the Yankees seeing it over and over where the Dodgers the back end of their bullpen, there's days you didn't know who was coming in for the saves, you know, trying to took over this postseason, but they had Coopek out there, like you know, they they their goal is to win the game. And if you're pitching in the fourth inning, the eighth inning or whatever. The Yankees want to believe in stuff so much that they'll try to talk it into existence and then they wait till they get broken. They subbed out their starting short stop in the playoffs in twenty twenty two for the first time all year. You know why Verdugo played every game because they they've been really scared and worried about putting Judge or Soto in left field. So Jason Dominguez, who is supposed to be one of their most talented prospects, who came up, knocked around Justin Verlander and showed, you know, he has skill. I don't know what the future has. They couldn't even play him because they didn't call him up till late because we believe in Verdugo, who his number statistically great out worse than Gallows on the Yankees. So that where the Dodgers if they needed a next playoff win and Chris Taylor was the guy or whoever, like, they don't care, we need to win. It's the World Series. Yeah, this is the World Series.
Speaker 2: It was the World Series.
Speaker 1: It was the World Series. Thank god.
Speaker 2: Now we start the off season pop. Now we're just we're gonna go what's next for us? Because that's really what's important here right all JM team final month, that's got to be coming up soon.
Speaker 1: Off season talk.
Speaker 2: Soto did he wear a bors hat?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't know. He was the you know, one of the last Yankees watching the celebration was the tweet I saw about.
Speaker 2: So I saw that too, and then open their clubhouse for forty minutes after the game. We had to wait for them to get sound for baseball today last night. So that wasn't nice to you guys. What were you guys talking about anyways?
Speaker 1: Nothing? You're talking about nothing and thinking it was something like we we heard after after the game they won that they were in the dugout screaming about we're gonna actually do this thing and we're gonna win at all. And no, you're not gonna be remembered forever. You're gonna be forgotten because you blue playoff.
Speaker 2: You might be remembered forever for that fifth inning.
Speaker 1: For you lost two playoff games on defensive lapses in the World Series. It's awful trip. It's all time embarrassment.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile the Dodgers are set up to continue to go and make large runs in the postseason.
Speaker 1: You know what I loved as a signing for them show Hey for two million a year. I love that.
Speaker 2: It's not two million a year that's the stop. But technically also it is one of those things.
Speaker 3: If you want to say that you're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Cash out of pocket, two million dollars cash against the books forty four and a half. I think it is. They're rumored to be on Soto. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Go get them, Go get them? Uh and hey, whatever we've got coming next part of it's gonna be the Draftking Sports Book because they've been with us for a while now. There they're what helps us do all the stuff we do, and you can get in on the action if you bet five dollars maybe on football, basketball's back hockey. However, however you cope, New York fans, if you bet five dollars, you'll get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you use code Talking, So download the DraftKings sports are bet app Now new customers use promo code talking betes five dollars in any way der and get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. Promo coote talking only the DraftKings sports book.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill casino win resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction Voyd and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash Bass.
Speaker 2: Final words, Can I go please? I love our fans. I love our community we built. I think that is what separates us in this baseball media world is we have a legit community of fans that we really care about. And I think our fans care about us, and I love that relationship. You know, every time I go to any baseball fields, whether it's big leagues or youth or whatever, like got a lot of people coming up and saying they like what we do, and they you know we do. We put them a lot of work. There's no doubt about it. Man, we do. We are grinding, and I think people notice that. But I love doing this and it's because the fans tune in that we're able to do this. So thank you to fans, New York fans, everyone in between. If your team stinks, were sorry, but we love you. And that's it. Man. We're gonna be here in the off season, but I can't. I need a few days off.
Speaker 1: Pop.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of hearing my own voice. Hope, hope everyone else isn't sick of it, but I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: I can I could listen to that thing all day, like chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh no, it's a Walker buell Er, Jack Flahir, you on your couch, TRAYV.
Speaker 1: It's nuts. I you know, I hope this doesn't come off as a douche anecdote, but everything I did kind of comes off with so whatever, Like I get it. I'm wearing a Jake Sucks sleeveless T shirt and I guess there's there's the people that appreciate that, and I thank you guys enough, and even the people that don't, like I kind of get it. It's kind of fucking weird. And it's like why that we were We were at Fanatics Vest this year, which was like a big, you know, first of its kind sports thing, right, like all the sports stars were in town. It was crazy the list they rolled out. It was like that Fourth of July white party. And me and Trev, Me and me and Trev were walking out, you know, probably to make a night out of it, and there was all these there was like a collection of people with their phones out like blogging, like with the little mics and the cameras and stuff, and you were being You're joking, but you were like, what's going on? Here, like what is this? And I was like, dude, I'm the problem. I I worked in electrical supply distribution. I was chilling my body. My buddy said, hey, let's start a Yankees podcast. And now we've turned into whatever we've turned into. We've got like sixty employees. Like there's a big office in Manhattan and it's all because there's a lot of people that like baseball. That's what like built all of this. So the fact that I get to be a part of that is nuts. It's it's nuts, and god, it's a lot of fun. Although there was some sadness and I did I did sleep in my clothes on the couch last night.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly mean. Yeah, the story goes Jake store Reality slept in his clothes that night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So thank you guys so much. If you're subscribed and all the little stuff that helps, and as you well know, the content don't stop. The off season's here. I'm looking at that Yankees, how can we get better? Where is walking a lot?
Speaker 2: And I said Walker Bueler to the padres on Baseball today, people are like, they want to kill me sacrilege. Yes, but doesn't he fit perfectly with the Padres.
Speaker 1: Congrats to the Los Angeles Dodgers. An elite franchise makes twenty twenty feel better. And how about the start of the show hay regime now one, not two, not three.
Speaker 3: Didn't even pitch this.
Speaker 2: Love you guys, love.
Speaker 1: Back to two a week next week?
Speaker 2: Where's my big old Jeff name was Blunt? What was that fifty euros or those those liras?
Speaker 1: What do you got fifty pesos?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think this is almost not money.
Speaker 2: Because you could get something for that something. I love everybody, La for life, A one A baby.
Speaker 1: Harry Francona to the Reds.
Speaker 3: That's worth two fifty