Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody at Fantasy Bros.
Speaker 2: MLB.
Speaker 1: This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. It's me Joey p That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here in the chat. Happy holiday everybody again. Memorial Day weekend. We will not be here on Monday. We're taking a day off. We deserve a day off too, so I'm sorry. But there's lots of content and you could always go back and watch any of the Puppet Joe episodes. If you're missing ups, you can watch the Weld, Cheese Mow and jose Canole episode there. Put him down, put him away, put him away. I don't put them away, put him away, all right?
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: I will turn the show around. I swear I will turn the show right around. Do you ever do that with your kids?
Speaker 2: Welsh?
Speaker 1: Do you ever do that where you like make the vague threats of things that they know you're never going to actually fall through it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I thought you were gonna say the turnaround thing. I've never done the turnaround thing, because we're not that stupid vague threats every single day, every single moment I can't. They're freaking out, and it's like, all right, we're not gonna stay up late tonight or we're not gonna watch anything. All my kidneys to be like, hey, can we watch X Men ninety seven. I'm like, okay, I am. I'm the vague threat king for sure, be speaking of threats.
Speaker 1: Triple threat yesterday three and oh on the bets yesterday Joey p very good. So now that that's a good positive thing downside Raiser Ramone trolling me already in the chat. I wonder when Joe's gonna take his l on Julio since he jumped me for saying he's only good for half a year. Well, you got dropped to the six spot. I don't know why yesterday. I don't know what that's all about, but it's hard to be good when you have no line of protection. Seascarnandez was something right now he's got nothing Welsh, So I just want to throw that out there until they give this guy a Louis Robert or pea a Lonzo. There's not a lot of guys that are on islands by themselves that don't have some sort of line of protection that are great, it's just hard, no matter how good you are. I'm making excuses, but it is a reason. Well that's my opinion, what's yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not sure lineup protection is the issue for like massive struggles. I suppose it can be like how you're attacked and stuff like that. I mean, if I'm looking at pitch mix, he is, it's about the same. He's getting a little bit more breaking balls than off speed stuff, so that probably it also speaks to like baseball now, so you know, sweepers and stuff like that. If I were to look at actual percentages, let's take a look here. Last year six point two percent sweeper it's eight percent, last year nineteen percent, slider twenty percent, So you see more sweepers and sliders, which is, you know, maybe some of the external struggle, but you're still seeing kind of the normal Julio that's floating out there. It's just you know, bad there's some bad luck, bad struggle, and if there were better players on RBI, opportunities would exist. So yeah, I don't know, I mean, I don't We're getting into like you can take L and W territory on big macro level stuff like MVPs, but not you know, let's not have no grave dancing on Julio that he's done for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, because I see whips out there, ta Oscar was terrible last season. Well, I wanted to double check. Twenty six homers, ninety three RBI. He had twenty nine doubles, scored seventy runs. Again, the offense wasn't great last year, hit two sixty. Basically, that's good enough. He needs something like that. Some threat in the lineup around him is what he needs. And speaking of threats, let's get to all the pictures yesterday, because yesterday was a day full of pitching performances worth discussing for one reason or another. So I want to get into those, and let's start here at the top of the pitching board. No, we're not gonna start with Paul Skens. We're gonna start with Jack Flaherty. Three runs struck out nine and six and the thirds Ladder Bet win for the Welsh. Also, by the way, Welsh is famous in case you didn't realize, apparently you're on MLB network now, like, what's going on there? Welsh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a blaster. By the way. Joe's like, hey, I'm three and oh bla blah blah, like, oh yeah, Welsh just hit a little lader bad. Let's keep moving on. Yeah, we hit the lighter out bet.
Speaker 1: You being on TV was even more impressive than you know, hitting a ladder bed, which is impressive. But like, you're just so impressive with this so much and there's only so little time to do the show.
Speaker 2: Listen, let's just have a little celebration of the West. We almost had a trifecta, but then it went in the wrong direction. So ladder bet yesterday. Thank you very much, Flaerty. That was very exciting. Hopefully you guys tailed. Then I was shared this that my Luis Robert video which is doing some numbies numbies out there, made it on the Baltimore and White Sox broadcast, which was pretty cool. So there's like a screenshow there's a video out there. Shout out to Larry, Larry who pulled the friend of the show in in you know, bring me down a step. We thought the third was going to be hashtag free James Wood because he was pulled. I know we're gonna talk about Elier. He was pulled from the game, and it wasn't because he's making it to the majors. It's because he got hurt, so I got knocked down the US or so they tell us. It was just we were gonna have a Welsh day and we kind of had a simil by the way.
Speaker 1: We we know that we're groom our audience because Cody's saying in response to Razor, Hey, Razor, Julio is gonna go on a run and they're gonna spend a lot of money on art and music to throw it in your face, Right, Cody, You're one hundred percent right, that's exact. We have a whole team of people that do our bidding.
Speaker 2: I know, a parody song guy. We just need a we need kind of a group. We need like an animator. We need an animator for the full.
Speaker 1: Time animator, full time matter. Oh we have a what's different?
Speaker 2: Who can make puppets?
Speaker 1: Kevin Gosmin Uh, he was pulling the strings yesterday see that transition professional struck out ten guys and six innings, which was really nice because gospin season has been weird. We were talking about this offline, you and me earlier in the week. Just just haven't felt good about Gosmin. This goes a long way. Louis Heel. Uh, he has been you know, if you want to talk about the saviors of the Yankees, obviously it's won Soda, right, But the savior rotation has been this guy because with Cole out, he has basically stepped in and performed like Cole. Now here's the rum Welsh because after the game, a lot of discussions going on talking about backing off of him because you know, we need him for the playoffs, and he's already throne forty nine innings. He's never thrown more than ninety six since twenty nineteen, So begs the question here are we concerned here right now with our boy Luise? Do we think that the Yankees are going to start to pull some weird things, especially with Cole looking like at some point he's gonna start ramping up. What do you think the future, at least the immediate version looks like for Luise.
Speaker 2: It's actually a really good question because we put a lot of that focus on Paul's Keynes and we don't put enough of that on Heel just simply because of the innings. I think it's a possibility. I just don't think they've given us like the this is what it's going to be, So we don't fully know they could send him down for a little bit. Six man rotation makes a ton of sense to me, but he has been elite of elite, thirty two percent k percente. I don't believe he walked his first batter last night until like the six or seventh inning, So I mean it it's been a big win. There's I mean, that's one of those guys that we're pushing here sub sub three expected era. He's not the guy that gets bumped from the rotation. But when you look at the injury Carlos Redawn, look at the injuries across the board, they should try to maintenance these pictures as much as possible. But we just don't know yet what that like. If this was the Dodgers, we know exactly what they would do, six seven, eight man rotation. We know what they would do. We just don't know what the end.
Speaker 1: You want you have done pitching and go play shortstop for a little bit, Okay, Clayton, let's jug you know.
Speaker 2: We know exactly what they would do. We don't know what's gonna happen with heel.
Speaker 1: But do you see Major League Baseball starting to expand that to the next couple of years where maybe like they expand the roster by one and teams starting to go to the I mean, with the continuation of getting these guys extra rest and these pictures not being able to go, these full tank etings that were used to the two hundred ding mark, I mean, it kind of feels like that's where we're evolving into. I'm not saying it's gonna be a next year thing, but in five to ten years. It wouldn't shock me if that was the case. If span once upon a time it was four men rotations right back in my day. Back in that day, I remember when there was one guy, one.
Speaker 3: Feather was your pitcher, and then there's see the people he just played outside behind him. But let me tell you, and then there was two guys and they had two feathers out there, and then those guys became weak, and then after that they got three fellas. And then I remember in the eighties it was four and I thought this country's going to crap, and then and then in the nineties it became five and then look at it.
Speaker 1: Now they got Now you might as well have everybody take a turn of the man. What is this country coming to nothing?
Speaker 2: I just want to let it breathe. I wanted to let it breathe. I wanted to let this breath. I also had a couple of things in my head that I was like, Oh, let's not go there with that. This character, it's too good, Joe, it's too good on that. By the way, it was really easy. It was really easy to, you know, have complete games when you threw like the hell's that.
Speaker 4: My dogs at the Amazon's that Amazon comes to it. She's so tall she drops off boxes in front of my house.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get your self in trouble. I can't get get old Manjo out of here. You're gonna get yourself in trouble. You know, funny funny story yesterday when I was doing my ladder bet, I told you this going back to Kevin Gosman real quick. I went to my alt lines and I accidentally bet Kevin Gossman eight plus strikeouts, and then I immediately cast it out for a negative profit because I made a mistake, and then he struck out like a lenn So I'm a big stupid idiot. But the last thing on Heel. Does that make you not want to invest or buy into Heel because you think there's gonna be some type of cap because I don't think they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a cap and I think it's gonna be frustrating. He's gonna look either they're gonna go to a six man rotation like get us guard skipping starts. Something's gonna happen there where it's gonna get if he real quick, and it's gonna be frustrating, and you really don't know how he's gonna react when he hits one hundred and twenty innings.
Speaker 2: On the air.
Speaker 1: But I will say this, if you have him right now and you have a great rotation and he was a guy that was just a bonus guy for you, if you could flip him for a a good offensive player, I would do that now. I think it's a perfect time to do that, like a really good, steady, second third round kind of offensive player, because I think you could get that. Basically, you can get a third round offensive talent theoretically for Heel right now, And I think that would be a good idea if again, you had a really good rotation to start and heel was just a guy you took late has just been a bonus guy for you, because I do think it's gonna get at the very least murky after the All Star break. It's unknown. It's murky. I'm not saying it can't be good. I'm just saying it's unknown. And I don't like the unknowns when you get into, especially leagues that have playoffs at them. I think that's the other thing you got to take into account.
Speaker 2: No, I agree.
Speaker 1: It's an important conversation though, too, because I didn't realize that that that's the like twenty nineteen is more than ninety six. I thinks it's that that's a long time.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about that either. But sometimes through those stretches of time, the teams would be less worried about the innings and we'll just kind of let these guys go. Because remember, again, even the best of the best guys like one eight is the new two hundred. So it's like, how far off are you? I don't think they put themselves And here's one I don't. Yeah, I was gonna say Uncle.
Speaker 1: Ted's question, louis heal for uh for Lewis Roberts not Roberts by the way, I just.
Speaker 2: I mean, I might see Julius night again.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think that's exactly the kind of deal you make, because I don't think Robert's gonna belong for the White Sox either. He's gonna go to a better team than when he does, good things are gonna happen. Grayson Rodriguez two runs, five innings, second start, not quite as good as the first, but that's okay. We'll take it as long as he's healthy. Paul Skeensenes one run, six innings, three k's did not factor into the decision yesterday. So Welsh, what'd you think of number three for Skeens And what do you think about next Wednesday when he takes on the t Grays.
Speaker 2: I love the T Grays matchup. I'm kicking myself too. My initial thought was I wanted to play the understrikeouts on him yesterday at seven and a half and then but that hasn't.
Speaker 1: Bet one strikeout prop on him yet because I'm like this every time.
Speaker 2: I have but he's tough. But then I did this, I go, well, the logic of why I want to take the under is I think he's not gonna have as many innings, many pitches this game because of the hundred So why don't I take the outs recorded? Because and then that didn't work out. That was stupid. I should have stuck with my initial thing. But no, I think that was an important thing to see with Paul Schemes. Is you know he is he's uh word, he's hit a bolt, Like you can get to him, you can push the innings. Yeah, he's like the It felt like this different world in this last game. He's going to strike out everybody. But you know, we were kind of mentioning, like, listen, guys are getting in on the fastball. There's a lot of foul off stuff happening. People are learning what this spling varies right too.
Speaker 1: It's three straight day games for Schemes. Has that ever happened like since well, yeah, it happened back in the forties when they didn't have lights in ballparks. You know who love that.
Speaker 4: Base got on at nighttime. That's when I got to see I like baseball in the day. The sun's outside, the sun goes down, I go to the old gun.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say old country Joe. I swear to god, I was gonna do an old country joke. I was looking for my glasses for a second. We're on the same thing. That's what I like for thirty bedtime.
Speaker 1: Let's just play baseball in the dark and then turn the lights on.
Speaker 2: I was America.
Speaker 1: We played baseball in the daytime, and we liked it.
Speaker 2: That's what we did.
Speaker 1: We liked it. But it's true. I don't know if that's happened recently where a guy came up, made his debut and then made three straight day starts. Its weird.
Speaker 2: What is the next one against the t Grays?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Look it up.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the up you told me about.
Speaker 1: I'm busy, I'm running the show, damn it. Pete Alonzo, I want to talk about the decline of Peter Alonzo. Can we talk about this? I We'll talk about this because I saw an interesting article about this, so I want to bring it up on the show today. For all the boys and girls out there who have peet Alonzo or in keeper leaves of Pete Alonzo age twenty four, We're gonna run through the stats for you. Okay, here's the slashes two sixty three, fifty eight, five eighty three. There you go. WRC plus of one ages twenty five through twenty seven. Right, this is over fifteen hundred play appearances to sixty one batting average three forty five, five to fourteen slugging one thirty four WRC plus right right in line like he is the guy twenty eight and twenty nine through twenty nine. I should say the last couple of years here eight hundred and eight sixty seven played appearances too, twenty one batting average. So the two sixty has dropped a two twenty one, the three forty five, three fifty obp has dropped a three sixteen, the five eighty three to five fourteen to four ninety one slugging the one twenty one WRC plus and now so far this year, uh, you know, obviously we know what his numbers are here. So is Pete Alonso a a player in decline and be a player that some team the Mets are somebody else is somehow going to get duped in by Scott Boris to giv him a big contract, Because I think that's a bad idea considering the trend of these numbers.
Speaker 2: No, is it duped to I mean, I think that's been kind of the thing that's been floating around with Alonzo. Do you remember all the offseason trade rumors that were going on with Pete of the team win, are they going to get rid of him? I think this is kind of more. I think this is more of that in that, like he's consistently not hitting for good contact. You know, the power numbers are there, but I don't This is not the type of player that teams are going to unload the big money for. So if the team is not winning, yeah, I think they're going to probably move off of him. You said decline, I don't know if it's declined.
Speaker 1: No, Man, that's a good chunk off the batting average, off the OBP and off the slugging like that's yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean I'm looking at the profile like as far as like just what you can see surface level stuff. The only thing that like we could say that I can view on here is he's kind of having a slow decline of average exit velocity, Which I know that doesn't mean a lot for a lot of people because that includes you know, the grounders and stuff like that. But you are seeing like he was ninety one average ex velocity in twenty twenty one. He has had a decline every single year since, and he's down to eighty eight point four. So he still gets to one of those huge, big hits, but they just kind of consistently tapping down a little bit. His hard hit percentage has also gone down in four straight years, but that's also just like not making consistent contact. This is the type of guy that he is. He's a two thirty to maybe two twenty to two fifty hitter who's going to hit forty homers, and I think you just have to kind of come to terms with that instead of that expected number that he can.
Speaker 1: Now we're in so he's what he's thirty now, right? Is that where we're at?
Speaker 2: I think he's twenty ninety eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Okay, So like if I'm the Mets, I mean, and they already offered him a contract which was a fair market value contract he passed on. I just I trade him like I think he is going to get dealt and look, he might go to a magical run, especially in a big environment. He's he's a guy that does show up my accounts. I will give that about Alonso. He's a he's a money player. He likes the pressure. I think if you put him in a pen race. I think it will be a very good thing. By the way, I want to give credit to one of our Penis and crackerjacks here because Whips broke this news to me. I didn't even see this. So aj Smith Schouver was called up to make the start, made the star yesterday and now he's on the with an oblique issue like that was quick, Welsh, That was that was pretty fast. I mean a J.
Speaker 2: Smith shopper and he's gone.
Speaker 1: And he's gone. All right, let's have some fun. Luisa rise four for five. Well she's in three forty one right now, So so much for that trade of Louis Rich?
Speaker 2: How many homers? How many homers? And stolen one the other day. He's a big boy with a big home run.
Speaker 1: Alex Lange was a big boy a triple A. Speaking of triple A, I don't know. I saw Eric Cross, friend of the show, was tweeting the numbers recently for this guy. They are not great since he been sent down, Welsh, Are we worried about Jackson holiday? Because oh boy, things sure are rough for me right now.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, Jill, this bullying yes on me.
Speaker 1: I'm just a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not good. I mean, I don't I would love to see some of the like batted bald data on averages not per game with him. But yeah, the consistency has fallen apart. It's really weird for the podcast. On the audience, we are talking about Jackson Holliday. Yeah, yeah, sorry, and hear the voice. I just thought about me.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know, we're doing the voice. I think the audio only audience knows that, but maybe they don't.
Speaker 2: I think he hit his first homer and god knows how long, just the other night, but he is not. The contact is completely gone. What I wonder and would love to know is if the team at all was like, we want you to make this change, they might not have. They might have just been like, see a kid, you know, good job and go figure it out. But I wonder also if you're seeing tru well, you're seeing such a dramatic change that they're like, hey, let's work on this or that. Major league stint put a huge bullseye on what needed to be targeted, and you're just because like look at Corny Carroll. Everybody knows now you pitch him high. You pitch him high and inside and just see if he can get to it, and he has.
Speaker 1: I like the high ones. Here we go. I found it. Eric Cross's tweet since returning to Triple A four to twenty seven ninety eight played appearance at two forty four with a three ninety eight OVP three eighty five, slugging two homers two steals. Does have twenty walks and twenty strikeouts, So that's that's maybe one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just not making consistent contact right now. So I mean, I haven't done a deep dive into it, but I would imagine of all the things that what happened in the major leagues, that's where the new focal point is Triple A managers. They've got that data. Hey, Pitcher, you do this to I don't know what it is, you know, maybe it's inside fastballs or something with him, But like with with Carol, I'm guessing that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Pirates option Jackswinsky the Triple A yesterday, Well should you see that one coming or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because he's stunkful, horrible.
Speaker 1: Commissioner Rob Manfred is saying that they're listening to the players and they're contemplating letting them actually start to challenge balls and strikes. So I don't know if this is Pandora's Box or the beginning of the lives of the machines. Well since times of the Rise of the Machines, is that what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've been doing this in the AFL for quite a few years, where they put the challenge system up. Each team gets I think it's two challenge calls per game and anybody, like the hitter or the catcher can call it. So it worked fine. There's a little bit of diceiness, but the dude, they're quick with it. Hitter goes no, I think that was a ball, and then two seconds later you go to the screen and then it shows the digital thing and then you're good to go. So you're good to go.
Speaker 1: By the way. It's funny. My mom had her first of the cataract surgeries the other day, so I had to go, you know, take her to the doctor for the fallo up women, and you know they make you wear the big classes. I total, like you look like a mob wife. Like it was like those ladies from like the old you know, like TV shows.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 1: You need the big giant purse, but you have like the big glasses.
Speaker 2: And she needs like like two mes standing by her, just two giant human beings.
Speaker 1: Washington Post is saying that James Wood, as you mentioned, was removed because of lower body swords. Now where are the body We don't.
Speaker 2: Know, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm hopeful that that's just something where they be. They just were covering themselves and maybe they I'm just saying I was. I was find out I know you and the rest of the internet.
Speaker 2: Well, no, just because also like we did this whole thing yesterday free James would go through it, and I was talking with our guy Tyler. I was just like, oh my gosh, we freed.
Speaker 1: On everybody in the chat chanting free James.
Speaker 2: Wood's free James Wood. And I laid out all the things. You guys want to go back and see it there you can watch the full show or we did the prospect segment where I laid out like, what's so funny is I was like, there's no reason anymore offense and Washington stinks. James Wood amazing, He's doing everything right. Why is he not here? Andy's hurt? It's like the one thing that can make sense and hold back here. So yeah, I'm I'm kinda I'm kind of bummed about it.
Speaker 1: Let's see, maybe I'll be up on the weekend. Three up and three down. Speaking of up, Bryan Runnolds three for five with a dinger, Ali Rushman two for five with three ribbies, Ryle Bryan, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it sounds like you said Ryan Reynolds dead Ryan, Bryan.
Speaker 1: Reynolds, Avid Ruschmand and Ryan Mountcastle. I did say Ryan. I started to say Ryan Mountcastle four for five with a double two run scored, and I believe he and Mike Mayer went out to a nice steak dinner together after three down. Mike Clevenger five runs and four and two thirds, Michael Bush, oh for four. Are you worried about Michael Busch? It's not been a good month of May for him. I'm getting a little panicked. I'm looking to kind of sell him around in a couple of spots where I have him. Are you looking to do the same or are you just staying the course and taking the ebbs.
Speaker 2: And the flows? I mean, but do you not? I don't I think he can you.
Speaker 1: Move Michael Bush and a pitcher and get.
Speaker 2: Royce Lewis, No, absolutely not. It is bad for Bush, but he is in the dump. He is in the potential cut territory right now. His k percentage is insane thirty five point six percent. That's bonkers. That's one of the worst in the league. His expected batting average is two oh nine. He's hitting down to two thirty five. Yeah, this is not good because they have got options in the minors. They have got nervis that's been floating around, They've got a litany of others, and they've got a litany of other players as far as like Triple A in the out. I mean, you've got Owen Casey. God dang, there's one that I'm completely forgetting right now. It is on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 1: I just rode up in the prospect you played in the Korean League.
Speaker 2: I think if it continues this, it's is not going to be around for mid June.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's nope, that's the one that gets me canceled. All right, let's go to the rest of the downs. Frankie Montoss four run, six innings. Again, he's been all over place, so he is dangerous, to say the least. Injuries. Luis Robert and the Welsh hanging out got Panera after he hit a home run. He's gonna go on Tuesday for the official Triple A rehab assignment.
Speaker 2: Apparently, think he's gonna play tonight. I'm I think I'm gonna go over there tonight and see him again, hopefully get more video. More is my stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, Elloy Menz is gonna miss four to six weeks. Four to six weeks with a hamstring injury.
Speaker 2: Uh really, he's gonna miss time.
Speaker 1: I know it's shocking, Orioles, but John Means on the fifteen day il with a forearm strain. So sad because he worked his way all the way back and now this so I think gets done, which is very frustrated and sad for John Means and sad for well, that's just sad for John Means.
Speaker 2: We're a very important one. I don't think made the Listen. If it did, apologies because I'm not looking at the injuries. No, it did not. I want to mention before we blast through. It is our boy. Wyatt Langford is rehabbing at such a great level. It looks like he's gonna rehab tonight and they're saying return on Tuesday. So I just want to throw that. That came out like right when the show started, that he would be popped, that he actually might be popping up here. I don't know where the hell it's gonna happen, but it looks like on Friday here he is going to rehab and then be back on two Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to so I want to get a picture here if I could. Let's see if I can get one here. Maybe I can tantalize you with the Michael Bush trade. Because Royce Lewis has been on the aisle forever. He played one game like, so what about hmmm, gonna So I'm trying to find really like not like too good, but maybe he's been playing over his head a little bit. You'll get nothing from Logan. What about Logan Gilbert? And you're throwing Michael Bush for Lewis.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, that's now all of a sudden, I'm not so stupid. Okay, but you could say what about Logan Gilbert for Royce Lewis? And I go, huh, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it like I was saying to throw it. I was saying, you build the picture as the crown jeol of the trade. He was like, here, take Bush with you and give me Royce Lewis in return, and hopefully you get him coming.
Speaker 2: B you're putting the Michael Bush on a pedestal there, Joe. I just I think you're gonna have to cut. I think you're gonna have to just move on from Michael Bush here.
Speaker 1: Great. I'm so sad for John Gray. This guy cannot catch a break. He has the worst luck groin strain. He's on the fifteen day. Il Austin Riley. I don't want to I saw a funny tweet yesterday, so I'm not gonna say who it was, but I will say they said because I don't want I don't want to pop them on. I don't feel like doing.
Speaker 2: It, so okay, I like it. No be petty.
Speaker 1: It was funny. Yeah, yeah, we're all petty here in the show. But it was funny. So I do want to say it because it was funny. I'm not stealing it. It wasn't mine. But they said fifty nine days from now they're going to put Austin Riley on the sixty day and retrolect.
Speaker 2: Oh. I think I saw. I don't know who did that, but I think.
Speaker 1: I saw that. That's a thing that's really funny.
Speaker 2: Though, Now why is why are they not making the move they could have.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. Shane Bose one run, three hits, four innings and triple A. Nick Lodolo is gonna throw a bullpen on Saturday. He might returns early as Monday. And the story ru Wei's ten day io with the wrist that is now streamed. So there you go, everybody that is that gentleman. Ladies, it's time for the best bets of the day with and the Welsh go over to bet three sixty five, don't walk, run bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets, but only when to use the promo code leading off over at bet three sixty five. They had the sponsor of the show twenty win er over in Kentucky gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms and conditions apply three and oh yesterday for Joey p back in the saddle. Let's go, Let's ride that momentum, Let's ride the wave into the weekend. Let's start with Toronto again on the money line. They were so good to me yesterday. We're gonna do it again against Detroit. I'm investing in Alec Manoa. Maybe I've lost my mind. It's been that kind of week. Minus went away on the money line in Toronto. I think we can get look. Back to back starts have been really good for Manoa. The Tigers are not a tough lineup to get through. I think he can do it. We'll see famous last words. I think Alec Manola can be good. Have you that led to the demise of many a man case money line minus one fifteen against the Tampa Bay Rays. I like this one too. Seven Lugo has been lights out lately, so again riding the wave. The Tampa Bay offense is what it is at this point, but I really like I know these are two road teams too. I'm taking on the money line, but I like the numbers. The juice isn't too much. Gonna take both of them. Verlander tonight against the Oakland A's, a team that's the second most strikeouts in all of Major League Baseball. He is at six and a half on the k's. I'm gonna go over that at plus money. Welsh plus one twenty five. I love that and for the same game parlay of the day, give me showta Imanaga over five and a half strikeouts along with the Cubs victory on the money line. You put them together, you have plus one seventy Welsh. What do you have for the people for the best bets for Friday?
Speaker 2: All right? You three and oh? Technically I was three and oh as well even though we made one bet ladder six seven eight for Jack Flaherty hit every single frickin line. It was beautiful. But I'm gonna I'm gonna be transparent. I don't know what it is. Fridays are brutal for me in betting this year. If I go back and look and you know what, you can go look if you want on betting Pros, you can follow me bettingpros dot com slash Welsh. There is some thing about Fridays with me betting, so I really trying to hone in sometimes it's coming. What I think the logic might be is Thursday's kind of stink, there's not a lot going on, and then Fridays you're like, oh, you know, piece of candy, James Wood, piece of candy.
Speaker 3: Piece.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's so excited and I do all these and I get I get too much. I'm trying to hone it in. I'm trying to get into positive Fridays. So by your listener, beware. Here are my bets. Number one, Shota Ema Naga. As you mentioned, it's a pretty good strikeout number five and a half minus one twenty the juice, you know it's doable. The strikeouts are absolutely doable Ema Naga. Regardless of what strikeout numbers on teams end up looking like. Emanaga is kind of his own beast strikeout numbers versus Righty's for the Cardinals is already kind of a decent matchup, and then you put Emanaga in, as long as we don't get that regression finally hits Emanaga on those two pitches. I love this number. This is my favorite one of the day. Two. How about some Dodgers. Dodgers first five money line. James Paxton is on the mount. James Paxson's got a sub three era right now going up against against Graham Ashcrap in Cincinnati. So I actually like James Paxson in this matchup, and I'm just playing straight money line for the Dodgers through the cash straight cash verse five is my play. I love first fives here, so that's my first five play, and then I'm doing a first five parlay two money line first fives you actually mentioned one of them. I'm going with Kansas City with Seth Lugo, who's been money and I will just tell you I kind of contemplated wanting to ladder set Lugo because he struck out double digits and two straight starts, but it was it's like the A's and so I didn't. So I'm gonna go Seth Lugo, and I'm pairing the Royals first five money line with the Mariner's first five money line and backing George Kirby. They're going up against the Nationals. So Royals Mariner's first five money line each that was almost two to one was plus one ninety eight is what I got it at. So those are my three bets on a very very dangerous Friday for your boy Welsh.
Speaker 1: That sounds sexy dangerous Friday. For the best bets of the day again bet three sixty five. Did the sponsors support them? Go use the promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty bonus bets and of course, download the betting pros app. Start getting smarter or not harder. Seriously, if you haven't checked it out yet, this is the time. It is incredible. All the tools, the prop bet cheet sheets, the prop bet analyzer again, Sinker sports books today, it's free. It's fantastic. Use the tools. Don't be a tool. Use the tools and make some cash, all right, straight cash, homie. Let's get to the home run board and see where you are heading into the weekend. Nineteen For South African G, who was on the show yesterday at nineteen. Look at that of African G coming out of nowhere. It was like at Rko Pasz. He's still at the top of twenty. Joeyp in the third tied at seventeen with a bunch of jabbronis so yeah, I mean Welsh, I cannot. I gotta tell you, and I'm gonna piss some people off today because that's what I do. If we come back here and I'm tied for first, because I think I can do it. I think you can get a home run a day here with the guy that I'm picking for the weekend, I think I could do it. To be very very exciting. Now the question is do we have the wheel.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, we do have a wheel for Friday. Joe, bring that sucker.
Speaker 1: Up, I will all right, here we go. There's the home run board again. If you want to join us, make sure you do it over at Discord fansboros dot com slash chat. It is free to join, but if you want to make home run calls, you gotta be a premium subscriber. Only the cool kids get to do that. All right, Welsh, Here we go. It's the big wheel because Welsh is stone cold at home runs. Who's on the wheel today for home runs?
Speaker 2: Stone cold? We have O'Neil Cruz, Riley Green, Marcus Simeon show. Hey, O'tani, I can tell Mary, Juan Soto, Gunner Henderson, Marcelo Zoo. Those are our eighth home calls. I put all of them. No bad place, no bad place.
Speaker 1: No bad I I before you make your car, I just want to say, because I didn't know what Altani was on your board, I am picking Otani for this weekend. So if the board is telling you go with me, maybe you should listen to the board. But let's or the wheel, whatever the hell it is. Let's do it. Let's spin the wheel of homers. Here we go, all right, the most exciting thing that happened to anyone all day, the home run call. There it goes bon so no ohji boy, Gunner Henderson, Ladies and gentlemen, there you go. Fireworks applause. Gunner Henderson is the guy again. If you want to have some fun and beat Welsh, go to fantasybros dot Com slash chat. It's free to join. It's fun, it's amazing. It is the home run contest. We're giving away an autograph Vladimir Guerrero Junior back. Speaking of which, what do you take out of vlad Guerrero's season this year so far? Where are you at with Vlad? What's your temperature on Vlad two months into the season, because that's about where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been. I've been kind of a long term wanting to buy. I'll tell you this profile looks fantastic. Underline if you're looking at baseball savon if you care about that stuff. Career high hard hit number boom, career high walk percentage of boom, near the tippy top of his average exit. He's average x flos. He's ninety four point five with like the third hardest hit ball he's ever done. You've got I mean again, I'm just going through the all the underlying stuff looks great, but we're not getting big numbers. You know, the ball is not getting back up in the air. Launch angle has always been an issue for him, back when you know he was in you know, Triple A and coming up that was a problem. Last year got up to ten, the launch angle ten degrees. It's down to seven, so that has come back down. He's not getting the ball in the air, but he's hitting the ever living crap out of the ball. The team just kind of stinks. There's no support, there's no big, insane home run numbers, and there's all these trade rumors that are out there. I do not believe, do not believe that the Blue Jays would be willing to move Vladimir Grad Fascinating. I am a bye because again, if we if we were putting this up here, the Baseball Savant page looks fantastic. He just from a visual standpoint watching him doesn't completely look right, which is a bummer. But he's got a higher expected batting average than his actual hard hit across the freaking board. He just needs to get going at the ballpark. Ballpark factor really does hurt too.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna trade him either, to be honest, I know some people full of that. What are the top ten teams right now in terms of you know, ranking the teams for prospects right now, like Orioles, Oh, you know, are the top right now? I mean the Cubs a team that.
Speaker 2: Cubs could Yeah, I mean, if you give me teams, I can tell you do they have them.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the top ten right now. So the Cubs maybe they would have the will to make a trade like that. The Brewers, they could certainly use some more offense, There's no doubt about that. But unfortunately, like they already had Reez Hoskins come in and then he's hurt. So I don't know, they might just kind of hold steady there. I don't know for it making it. Yeah, I mean the Tiger don't have the will right now. I don't think you know, you can't. You can't say Tampa that's not gonna happen because it's in the division. But it's I don't think there's a I don't think there's a match at the end of the day almost you know, you know what, you know, could do it the Reds. If the Reds decided, you know what, let's just go crazy. Folks go crazy like that.
Speaker 2: It's also it's also kind of like eye the beholder of like what's going to be moved because you say that if you take major league talent into into account here, like I think the Mariners could do it in a heartbeat. Mariners need offensive support. They could use the guy. Yeah, absolutely in the minor league Lazara Montes, colt Emerson type. They have a glut of incredibly.
Speaker 1: Eighteen here on MLB pipeline.
Speaker 2: So whatever, Lazara Montes, Colt Emerson type, Johnny Farmelo, those are all elite prospects. What they don't have is elite pitching prospects in the minor leagues. But they've got Brian Wu, They've got Bryce Miller, So you give me trade with Bryant YouTube Brian Wu. Maybe, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that anyway from their current rotation though, I think that's kind of like moving backwards.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Mariners don't have depth, a depth, but they have is a whole bunch of stuff at the tippy top top five or six on their prospects. That could make it happen, because if you trade Lad, it's gonna take like three, It's gonna take like three big pieces, and one probably has to be a major League side. And I would bet the the Blue Jes probably love some pitching to go with that as well. So I think the Mariners would be a great That's why the Mariners are and on the Roberts stuff too, right.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like I'm thinking the Reds, like if you put Christian Karnacian Strand and two other pieces and a deal like that, that might tempt them.
Speaker 2: It might, Yeah, I think could tempt them. I just don't think the Lad is the face of that team. That's why I don't think he goes. There's so much good supportive data behind Vlad. It's all the other pieces. I think Bobashett being traded makes a lot more sense than Blad agreed.
Speaker 1: All right, Remember, boys and girls, we will not be here Monday, taking the day off. Enjoy the holiday. Watch go out there, barbecue, do all this stuff. Enjoy the day base You know, old folks like day baseball. And of course don't forget to subscribe to Fantasy Prose MLB, the fastest growing baseball YouTube channel on the planet. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: Kids.
Speaker 1: Hey, pull it away.