Speaker 1: Welcome to Bill and Juliana the Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to Bill and Juliana the Podcast. So one question, would you say, it's a nice ring to me Bill? You still love the name Bill and Julian. So one question we always get as a couple is what is it like working together? Because Bill and I we have so many of our businesses overlap. Not only did we do a reality show, what eighty episodes of a reality show? We have restaurants together, you know, we have a check Italian food line together. And so people always ask, what's it like working together? Do you get on each other's nerves? How do you make it successful? How do you make it happen? That whole thing. So we thought that we would reach out to another couple who also works together, especially now as we embark on this podcast, A venture of the way for us. Yes, and so it's Amy Roebock and TJ Pioneers. There are pioneers and podcasting. Yes, So they are journalists or podcasters, their partners, and they are two people who also work together every single day.
Speaker 3: So the question and run marathons together and marathons you can't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're going to get to start.
Speaker 2: So the question we're posing today on the podcast is can couples work together without damaging their relationships?
Speaker 4: So, first of all, welcome you to to the show, thank you.
Speaker 5: For having us.
Speaker 1: You can, I answer the question, yes, they can.
Speaker 4: They can work absolutely, have a great day. We're done.
Speaker 2: So first of all, welcome, We're so happy to see the two of this.
Speaker 1: Congrats.
Speaker 3: You guys look madly in love to I'm noticing the body language and.
Speaker 1: You know what, I really even notice that we do this. We get caught doing this so often that people think we're staging it. No, no, no, this is real. That is true, is real?
Speaker 5: That is true. Sometimes. Yeah, we've had paparazzi take pictures of us and they have accused us of calling them and then performing for them, and we're like stuff, really had no idea there was a photographer.
Speaker 1: And nobody's actually caught us on camera in a fight. You are looking mad at each Other's the reason for that.
Speaker 5: We were cold one time, and they tried to say that we were like upset with each other, but it was just like New York and twenty degrees wowing wind, oh literally cold.
Speaker 4: We were just like with each other, freezing.
Speaker 5: Books of pain on our face because of the wind, and they tried to say, no, that's the only time I think I remember one time we were laughing, like, did they say what the temperature was outside and how freezing it was?
Speaker 1: Thank you for noticing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's great. It's really nice to see.
Speaker 2: I do wonder because you know, we live in Chicago, and so the paparazzi aren't like LA and New York. Yeah, we really don't have them in New York when you're walking around and we've never really lived in New York. I mean together a couple, yes, but together as a couple. We lived in LA and the papa arts are one thing there, But what in New York? Do you see them? Are they really good at hiding out? Are they in cars?
Speaker 4: What's the deal with so many stories?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the one with my head on a swivel. To the point she's pointing out, she said, you're not even enjoying lunch because all you can do is make sure nobody's not behind a garbage can or something that's not fun. We actually position ourselves sometimes in a restaurant in a certain way so I can see certain angles. I only need to cover this many people. It's it gets in your head, and that's how robster.
Speaker 3: You have to have your back to the It's kind of it's bizarre that I live like you know, it comes in.
Speaker 1: And whacks you. But we've been burned so badly by simply a picture of us doing nothing wrong gets spun in such a way. So, yes, we've seen them. We've been chased on bikes, We've had car chases around, police involved, yeah, police involved in the meatpacking district. We have been sprinting down the street before. We have turned around while we were running because we see a guy behind a tree. We have unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Going to come to Chicago, none of this happens there.
Speaker 5: I know my parents are trying to get us to come back down to Atlanta. They're like, you will not be bothered.
Speaker 3: Like I was just in Buckhead.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's a cool part of at DJ lived in Atlanta, and obviously I grew up a lot of my life. I've spent a lot of my life there. So you know, we've discussed because yeah, it is a softer kind of way of living.
Speaker 4: Well, can I ask you so TJ.
Speaker 2: You were saying that you're more the one that is kind of more if you will say sensitive to it, meaning you notice it more, you kind of see it more.
Speaker 5: He's the only one who noticed this.
Speaker 2: So wait, Amy, is it that you just what's your kind of point of view on it? Do you just feel like, what am I going to do? I'm just going to live my life. I don't care if they're taking a picture of me. What's the worst that can happen? They see me chewing food, It's like whatever. So you're more like that attitude, and then TJ, You're just more like you feel it's invasive.
Speaker 4: Why are they photographing?
Speaker 1: That's not that? Because I would say, I think you might agree here open some might. There was a disproportionate coverage, in negative coverage of me than that was of her.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 1: So I am. I was literally just walking down the street and I smiled at a member of the proparazzi. I said hi, TJ. I said, you gotta do your thing. Might as well say hello. She was very nasty to me, And that was a picture of me smiling, and they wrote a huge head line about me not taking an issue seriously or I'm laughing off this, or that that I was being kind to someone who was chasing me and it becomes that So I have been burned severely by the bullshit. So I my head is TSD always yep, I mean always on a swell, and that's I know that sucks. And we have not hell. We're engaged, clearly, we're not doing anything wrong. But I'm still looking around.
Speaker 4: Are you getting Is it getting better as time goes on?
Speaker 5: For all?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a year of hell. Like where we and when I say were followed every single day. We were followed every single day. It didn't matter where we were in the world. They found us.
Speaker 4: Wow, in the world, in the world.
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember that. I feel like you guys were in Europe right and they were. They were following you.
Speaker 5: Everywhere Mexico heard Mexico, but just no matter where we went, they and you know what, sometimes we learned and you've I was always amazed because I thought, you're there's no way those people are taking pictures of us like just a family in the next you know, table over and sure enough, and they will take a picture and they will upload it to whatever tabloid they like, and they will literally send like paparazzi. They get like a fee Like there are basically folks everywhere could possibly send your photo just from their phone up to whoever they feel like they're going to get a kickback from, and they send the photographers believable.
Speaker 1: I'm still that family they walked down the hall, I would recognize them.
Speaker 5: They were holding children in their laps.
Speaker 4: They did they know?
Speaker 2: Did they follow you into the restaurant or they were just happened to be there and they just knew they could sell a picture?
Speaker 1: Which one they were already there When we came to the restaurant, we took the seat at the farthest end of the pier. Did you have a reservation at the restaurant?
Speaker 3: We went?
Speaker 5: Honestly, we tried. We were trying to find places where they wouldn't think we would go. So we were trying to go to places where we wouldn't typically go, where you don't need a reservation, you could just kind of slide in super casual, and it ended up blowing up in our face.
Speaker 1: The exact world has changed, but really has Hey, we learned a lot of lessons there and I think we've been saved a few times. With my head on a swivel. So it did. Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 5: I appreciate his head swivel. It's just it makes me sad that you don't enjoy moments out you are. It's a lot better now. There was a while where it was just uncomfortable. Yeah, public, I got it.
Speaker 2: But it's like, doesn't it feel like because we've spoken before, you know, on your podcast, and doesn't it feel like do you think maybe just like time age, you know, just as we get older too, it's kind of like you can only control so much, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, Bill, you were talking about this earlier. You get to a certain age to where you just don't give a damn anymore. This is who I am. But we had to learn a lot. If we had learned these things before everything, that we would have handled things in the public eye differently. Here's the thing, guys, we didn't realize we were celebrit would be put into a category of celebrities. We're journalists. I know they're a superstar journalist, but we are just journalists. So I'm getting a divorce. I don't need to put out a statement that says that nobody cares that TJ is getting divorced. If I'd have done that ahead of time, then it wouldn't have been a big deal months later to be dating Amy Robach. So the public find out about the dating before they found out about the divorce. So therefore, now you gotta run with a negative story. And that's the only thing. The reason you haven't seen anything about us lately, or there hasn't been a story and it's gotten easier is because we're happy. The only there is no scandal. There is nothing you can even make up about us at this point. So, but that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Did you turn to faith at all during this trying time?
Speaker 5: Because I lost faith. I'll just faith in humanity, Like I felt. It's one of those moments where, especially when I think because we were in the industry and we covered so many things, I couldn't have imagined what it was like to have the camera switched and turned and that spotlight turn on you, and all of a sudden, you're like I felt like I was wearing a scarlet letter, and I couldn't undo the false narrative. I couldn't say enough people. Obviously, my close circle of friends knew I was in the middle of a divorce and had been in a divorce since the summer. So come November when pictures come out. Once that happens, you can't undo it. And I still thought like, well, surely once we explain, people will let it go. And it just got worse and worse and worse, and I felt like I couldn't win. I felt like there was nothing I could say. I felt like there was nothing we could do, and that felt very debilitating. I lost faith.
Speaker 4: That's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Sorry to hear that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you guys went through that, but that doesn't sell, you know, when the original faith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting you guys are saying this because I've never thought of this, and it makes a lot of sense. Is when you were saying that, it wasn't like you were these big movie stars, right, So you were saying, we're journalists and we like we were, you know, we knew the reality of our situations and our lives and our marriages, relationships, divorce, and so in your head, right like like America is going. But wouldn't you have told us that you're on TV, you're famous, and you're like us we were We just were like living our life, like we had a whole reality, and then when it was put out, there was a separate reality to people, right, And so I've never really thought of that.
Speaker 4: That's very interesting.
Speaker 1: You all could write the uh because we heard it a million times. When couples in Hollywood get divorced, there's a statement that comes out, yeah right say Blank and Blank have made the difficult decision, after much count playing in prayer, to move forward separately, but in friendship. We will continue to co parent our children lovingly and with respect. We asked for privacy at this time.
Speaker 4: The whole statement.
Speaker 1: That's it, and that's the reason they do that, because they're protecting their money and their reputation, because we don't need some bullshit. So we didn't know to do that. It was an expensive mistake, it was. It certainly was. It's in the business.
Speaker 5: But you lost everything we did, we did and most importantly our reputation, right, and that's almost impossible to get back. It's been very difficult to after thirty years of building and sacrificing and loving our jobs, to have that happen. Because we didn't put out a statement three four months earlier that we were getting divorced. And you know, we were just happened to be around the same time, but it was a separate thing. We had been friends for eight years, like best of friends. But this was just a situation where, Yeah, I didn't think and TJ didn't think anybody cared or followed or needed I didn't think we needed to put out a statement. I didn't even imagine for one second that anyone gave a rats you know what about my love life. I just it wasn't even in on my radar.
Speaker 1: And here's the other thing. We didn't know we were going to be dating. Right. If I knew I was going to be getting into a relationship and dating, I would have put a statement out mageuse I need to make sure it wasn't It just wasn't that. So you said we lost everything, We lost it because of a lie and we couldn't get that. Do you have any recourse with like your like, we're we're not. It's none on my business.
Speaker 5: We could have. It just would have been a very lengthy, painful process that we chose to avoid after all the other pain we were experiencing. It was too much and a lot of folks asked us to pursue it. And it just I didn't have the strength. I didn't have the mental capacity. And at the time, I know, TJ. Your your little one was, I mean she was nine, and my girls were in high school in New York City and at NYU, and so they're walking past newspapers there and I just thought, whatever it takes, just go away, because if you were to pursue legal action or to fight, it is just going to continue and ramp up because you're going up against a juggernaut of a company that has unlimited resources to make your life a living hell. And that is why we did not.
Speaker 1: We're probably not surprised to know there are a bunch of attorneys who were chomping at the bit to go ahead to head.
Speaker 4: That's true, calling you all yet.
Speaker 1: So they're in, yeah, come on, man, and we just wanted to move for the sake of the kids and get.
Speaker 2: Past it and just real quick, like you know, So you had kind of what we were all seeing right with the public was saying. But behind closed doors, right, how were the two of you, like, what were you saying to each other to like not let all of this like worldwide press tear you apart, because that's what happens most of the time, right, is the pressure is so great when you're thrust into the spotlight like that wheneverallylationship to me, that's like I feel like every couple, right, like even you and I the things we've been through that have been really hard in life, like you have to have that like bond behind the sceings that no one can see, Like what are we saying to each other that keeps us together? You know? And so I'm just curious, like what you guys, how it was behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: I don't want to downplay it, but what we were saying to each other is I love you and where you want to go get lunch? Because during that time when the whole world is against you, knowing you got at least one yeah, and you're like one that's with you. And look, part of it was that she was in the same circumstances, so she couldn't necessarily run away from it like I had a problem, and we were as solid and good. I do not remember a moment where there was some question about our relationship not working out. We were more sure of what we were doing. We were so solidified and what we want to do with our kids. And we made so many plans for the future duringduring that time, we were as excited as anything to get away from it, to be together, to be public, and to move forward. And I didn't robes if you I'm even trying to think of a fight during that time that we had, and we had issues here or there. I'm not saying everything was perfect, but I am saying it was as close to perfect as you could have made.
Speaker 5: Tears tears, God, yes, both of us. He's a crier.
Speaker 1: I'm a big crier. Absolutely, Yeah, just give it a minute.
Speaker 2: We'll walter, but not tears, like about a little more tears about the circumstance.
Speaker 4: But more closely, you were so bonded.
Speaker 5: You all were saying the secret to your marriage and to your success is that you all are best friends. Yes, and I will tell you even before we became romantically involved, we were each other's sounding boards and best friends at work. If he had a question, even about like editorially speaking about a story he was writing, or vice versa, you would come into my dressing room and say, what do you think about this? I would go into your dressing room and say, what do you think about this? We trusted each other on so many different levels professionally, and then we just had some shared loves of things that people don't like, Like we we went through those eight years of GMA, were like the only two people who loved SEC football. We love horror movies. Like we just had these things that just bonded us together. We were both two Southerners living in New York City who had very similar upbringings just from the way we were raised, and so there's just we had so many connections that made us. He was my favorite person to be with, like and I can say that even in another relationship. I just he was my favorite person to be with.
Speaker 4: He's your best friend.
Speaker 5: If yes, if I saw a room full of people, I'd be like, where's TJA, And I knew I had my person with me. He was the person if you set if you've seated us next to each other in anything from a school board meeting to a funeral, we'd find a way to have a good time together. So we're thrust into this horrific situation that I wouldn't wish on anybody, and yet we had each other. And so we finally, in a weird way, after kind of figuring out how to come together. It was like, well now you're in it. So now all that alone time that you probably were seeking out, now you got it. Now do something with it, build something with it, makes something up.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you're literally standing there metaphorically in the ashes, right, everything was burned to the ground. Yes, how do you see your way out? And like what what gave you hope for everyone listening? Like, because people go through this every day? You know what made you do a podcast? Like you turn lemons into lemonade.
Speaker 1: We were talking to you about this earlier. Right, you get to a certain age and yet now you aren't. You all reminded whatever comes through that door at you all Now you think back, Oh, yeah, I had some tough shit happened before I made it through just fine. Yes, but we actually have enough experience in life to know that all we we got to keep going, We got to go through. There's a reason we had successful twenty five thirty year careers and journalism because we were good at it. We know how to fight through things. Were not a part severe. You remember those things about yourself because you had to somebody. I can't remember who told me, But man, you're really in trouble if you start believing the things about yourself that other people are saying about you, and you get to that point, Yes, start and remind yourself of who the hell you are, and that certainly helped me throughout. But I had and I remind anybody listening. Man, if you got a friend that's struggling or still going through send that. Pick up your phone and send it right now. The number of people who I know there are plenty who didn't know what to say, right you're going through all this, They don't know how to talk. Yeah, sure, but the ones that sent messages meant everything. I had friends, some people I have only interviewed once were reaching out to me and send those notes meant everything. I didn't respond to everybody, and some of them would follow up later. Don't need anything, just want you to know I'm here. That stuff means everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's important to see. And you know, when you're going through something like that.
Speaker 3: Well you remember those people for the rest of your life too.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, Oh my god, the shortest message can have the biggest impact on you when you're going through something. And I would also say that for me, it's so interesting having gone through breast cancer, Juliana, I know you know exactly what this feels like, and spending more than a year of fighting for your life, going through treatment, going through surgeries, and then living with a lifetime of fear of recurrence, and seeing friends have those recurrences happen, and realizing and recognizing how short it is that we're actually here and really trying to focus on on enjoying my life and making it mean something. And time. Time is well, none of us can predict. It's it's the greatest commodity that we don't give enough weight to. And so now I'm here, I'm with the man who is my best friend, who is the love of my life. And ye, he's a handsome fellow.
Speaker 3: He's not looking at have the bills.
Speaker 1: I mean the guy's fit. I mean, I mean this the way you.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 1: He's got a million dollars smiles. I've been looking at it. Beautiful.
Speaker 4: You guys are were brown eyes.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to circle because you're right. And I just turned fifty five on Saturday.
Speaker 1: My dad, thank you. My dad died at.
Speaker 3: Sixty five, right, and he was athlete, never smoked like so in the back of my mind, time is ticking right, What are three things you guys want to do? What's what are three items on the bucket list that you want to do before time is.
Speaker 1: We're going to have different boocket lists, don't we Things we've decided we want to do together.
Speaker 5: We want to get married.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are ordained online ministers, so we can do.
Speaker 1: That right now. Actually, where can you?
Speaker 5: Can you do it?
Speaker 1: Anyway? I can do it anywhere? Yeah, right here, We've done it. We've married people before, so we would love to do this.
Speaker 4: In case you're you're so you need a backup side bar, well.
Speaker 1: Really cheap, go ahead, the three three things we really want to do get married. But there's a way we want to get married that we haven't revealed necessarily, but it would be very special to us, so we can we can say that. We can't say what that is, but that's a big thing for us.
Speaker 5: Yes, also, I mean, look, it's funny. I spent my forties after cancer checking off bucket list. That's when I ran my first marathon. And yes, it's gonson. I've wanted to climb mountains. I did kill him in Jarrow. I've done some of those things. He's not a big hiking person. So I'm glad I got all my hiking.
Speaker 1: I'm not a hiking person at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you for being even a small hiking person.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 5: I love hiking. I'm trying to think what is on our bucket list?
Speaker 1: See, we may move.
Speaker 5: I think maybe living in another country together. Yes, that is absolutely under You can.
Speaker 1: Do your podcast anywhere exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's very exciting to think that you could do that.
Speaker 1: We want to take a thie Land trip. We want to go shark diving. We want and I say we that's more.
Speaker 5: That's my biggest fear scuba wow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you know, forget the scoopa about the shark diving.
Speaker 5: We do ever base camp with me, then all do shark diving.
Speaker 1: Like we said, ever, the sharks are out the most. So much of our bucket list stuff really does have to do with enjoying life, has to do with vacations, has to do with travel, seeing new things, doing things with the kids. That's what life is. But on our list now is really the wedding and maybe the Vegas half marathon.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, we're so excited.
Speaker 3: Sounds crazy, right, But of the things we have a restaurant in Vegas, so you can carbol load our patallion users tell us have you there for dinner? Then before you get can load up on pasta.
Speaker 4: What's it called. It's called the rock and Roll rock and Roll Chicago.
Speaker 5: We're so excited. Okay, so they have one to Vegas and we run Chicago. So love Chicago. But it's I think we just want to keep We are those weirdos who like to, yes, have fun and go on vacation, but we like there to be some sort of an accomplishment that is involved.
Speaker 4: We just got back.
Speaker 5: We took a little road trip to Mistic, Connecticut and ran a half marathon yesterday. So we just you know, we just pick up and say, hey, let's just go do this and challenge ourselves. I think physically, we both really want to stay as healthy as we can, to live as long as we can, to enjoy each other because look, this is this will be our third marriage, both of us. We've both been married twice before, and we know TikTok, TikTok. We want to maximize the amount of time we have together and we want to enjoy as much of that as we can. That's the goal.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: When do you know when you're I don't know. Have you announced when you're getting married? Or no, you have an announcedate or you don't know when you're getting married? We do, okay, but we have not announced.
Speaker 5: Are you okay with that date? Oh? I haven't breaking news, but you're just telling me now on the podcast that you're okay with that date.
Speaker 1: Being here with him make me more comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my birthday DJ, thank you August seventeen. Oh his birthdays August nineteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait, Leo.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask what sign you guys are?
Speaker 5: What do you amy? Aquarius?
Speaker 4: Aquarius? That's a good thing. That's a nice sign. Oh stubborn sixteen but not really but like good you're good stubborn.
Speaker 5: Annalise, My youngest is May tenth and her do date was May sixteenth, and she is as stubborn as they come.
Speaker 1: As hell.
Speaker 2: No, you're like good stubborn though you're good stubborn. I want to know that you guys record your podcast almost daily, not almost daily daily daily? Wow, sourly sometimes that's amazing. How do you come up with topics? And also, so are there ever topics that one of you comes up with that. The other ones like, nah, that's not my I don't happens every day.
Speaker 5: Really, yes, but I think we have a newsroom mentality where you know, you just kind of throw at ideas and you get used to people saying no one cares about that, and you just get thick skin just in a newsroom environment when people are throwing out brainstorming ideas. So it is different. I will say, working with the person that you love, we're used to that, but now we're managing editors, we're you know, we're producing it. We're not just the talent. It was much easier, I would say, to just let other people do their jobs, and we did what we do well. We're learning so many other hats to wear, and TJ's wearing more hats than I am, absolutely with video and all of these new skills that we're learning, and it can get overwhelming and you can get the I think our biggest and we've recognized it, our biggest trap is to just keep talking about work and to be stressed about work and what we're doing for work, and all of a sudden we're like, wait a minute, what about just us?
Speaker 2: You mean off hours, like when you're not on the podcast at home, you just talk about really walking.
Speaker 5: I mean we and this is truly He gets up at three, wow, two thirty three. I get up at four because I just what.
Speaker 1: What time you guys go to bed at night depends on if the game went in overtime, So you don't get a lot of sleep.
Speaker 5: He gets a lot less than I do. I try to go to bed between eight and nine each night. But the point is like we will literally sometimes we will work from I will work from four am until six pm. We're pulling long and we'll go to lunch in between, and we'll go for a run in between. So it's, you know, but it's kind of a fluid work day.
Speaker 1: We've created a two person podcasting news network to a certain degree. Yeah yeah, no, But what we do we follow the news throughout the day. So if there's a breaking story of some kind, we'll hop on and do it, and we have it all set up at home to where we are back in the living area and say, hey, this just happened. We can walk across the house, hit record and can have it up in thirty minutes. So that has really worked for us. So it end up in a situation we are together, locked at the hip as a couple and as a business team all day long.
Speaker 3: As new podcasters, what advice would you guys give us? Since we're new to the game, you guys have a bigger, much bigger head start.
Speaker 5: I think you guys already know what you're doing in terms of authenticity. I think that's the key to podcasting. Yes, what we do with mostly focusing on news headlines, that's what it's become. We take our thirty years of hiss of experience as journalists and we can bring that to the table. But so can pretty much any journalist you listen to on a podcast or watch on TV. I mean, anybody can can tell you what's happening or even give advice. But it's your personalities, it's your chemistry. It's what you individually bring to the podcast that make you unique and make people want to listen. And so that's it sounds so cheesy, but that is the best advice to literally just take off the veneer, take off the armor, and be yourself and people will follow they. I think people crave honesty, and that's the one thing about this. I think what we do here, you can be honest. You can still give valuable information, but you can also put your twist on it in a way that you couldn't if.
Speaker 4: We were on television.
Speaker 1: My advice is more so not even in putting on the show for you guys. It's behind the scenes. And this is something I lost sight of for a little while, because you do. You're in a relationship. You get up in the morning, you brush your teeth, cooking breakfast. You're in a marriage and it's time to go work. Does the marriage stop? Is a relationship different? Are we now business partners? I did this and maybe it's not recommended, but I forgot that. You know what, we're in here stressed and working. But first and foremost, I'm in here with my fiance, and that has the lead everything else. I stopped looking at it. I was almost acting as if now I'm in work mode, now I'm in relationship, and train myself to just stay in reate the relationship mode, and it makes for a more pleasant experience throughout because it's the thing that's more important. So I'm strugg Oh my god, the time is coming up. Hey, it's such skull. Pop a bottle of prosecco right quick, and just have a quick sip and sit out in the balcony for a second and talk and then let's get back to this. That's nice. It really has been huge for me is to always always I'm sitting here with my fiance. First. We need to do more of that.
Speaker 4: Let the relationship lead.
Speaker 1: It always leads. And it's a game changer no matter what.
Speaker 5: And honestly, this was a new kind of development for us in the last I think even like a month or so, right, and it has absolutely changed. It's a game changer. It's a simple switch that just changes and you're like, oh my god, I feel loved, I feel appreciated. And then all boats rise. So yeah, how many times do you tell me you love me a day?
Speaker 1: Not enough is the answer. Pump the brake.
Speaker 5: I mean it's it's double digits, that's.
Speaker 1: Not I'm sitting sometime right next to her. Look, guys, I get if I'm up a two thirty, I've got I'm running around like a mad man.
Speaker 3: He's insane, like, how much coffee do you drink?
Speaker 6: None?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: What? Well?
Speaker 1: The red bull? Wow Andrew, he just came out from the back. I like coffee. No, I'm not a coffee drinker at all. Now, I used to be a big tea drinker. How many red bulls a day? I tried you just one one a day? Yeah, and it might not be in the morning.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's not human.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I get up, you know what I am. I'm excited every morning. You're excited on Monday mornings because it's a new beginning. I can I screwed that up yesterday. Get going, get started. So two thirty to four, before she even gets up, I'm running around like a madman. So by the time she gets up, wife and trussed out of her eyes, I'm like, hey, we need this. D d da da da da da. She's like, slow down your fiance first, and if you remember that, it would be oh hey babe, you sleep right right.
Speaker 2: So, like people listening, a lot of people listening have family businesses, right, the husband and wife work together. So you're saying, basically, make sure you just keep keep your mind prioritize that this is your wife, and like, don't just lose sight of that, like, hey, where are the papers, where's the financials? It's like you got to also chill on that stuff, right, Like I.
Speaker 5: Think if I think that it could lead to absolute dysfunction when you because you don't even know you're doing it, but you're prioritizing work over your relationships, and it does take the fun out of it. And then and also I think take some of the trust out of it, like what am I doing here?
Speaker 1: What is this all for?
Speaker 6: And so if it's not, if it's not for us to work with some of that, I mean, that's where you get to it's like why, and so you start to do like maybe to preserve the relationship, we shouldn't work together.
Speaker 5: But no, there is a we like each other, we trust each other, we know what each other is better at than the other, and so it would be a shame to not it. Sometimes it just takes a little recognition and it doesn't even take that big of an adjustment sometimes it is honestly, I say, if you just smile at me, babe, or if you just like like put your hand on it's such a good time. He's but just that can be like it can change my whole mood, just just a smile, you know. And we get so busy sometimes and he takes on a lot of the stress and pressure of the business side of things. It's easy to get caught up in that, and then it's it's just a good reminder that you got to put your relationship first.
Speaker 2: So ten years from now, where do you see yourselves? Let's say it's ten years from today. Where are we seeing TJ and Amy?
Speaker 4: Where are you guys?
Speaker 5: We've been talking about this. Oh, you have an answer. I want to know what you said.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 5: I could see us living in Rome and not working.
Speaker 1: That program. Then we're on the same page. You said, where do you see yourself? I'm I'm hoping people don't see us because to get out of the people think you crave being famous, so being in the public eye. No, we're actually doing something we love to do. And now, for the first time in my career, I'm getting to do it with the exact person I want to do it with. Okay, everything is great. What do I want to change or go chase? I know exactly what I'm forty nine. My point is I'm grown now to where you know what you want, you know what you enjoy, and you know now the clock is ticking. Why and God's name when I waste time doing something that takes me away from her or my family or things I really enjoy now. So we are not making some grand plan to grow to some media empire. We are enjoying what we're doing, but we are looking for an exit from public life. I could say.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, ten years from now, I hope no one knows where we are or what we're doing or what we're talking about. Is that terrible to say out loud?
Speaker 1: That's just the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I get it. I think we have that kind of same feeling too.
Speaker 6: Bill.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to be in a beach, I want to be I want sand Yeah, run with my dog, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because that's what you remember at the end, right, I mean, you're not like thinking about, you know, all those days, late nights working. It's like, those are the memories, the things you're at the end of your life are like.
Speaker 5: It's always what I try to think about when you're on your deathbed. You're not saying, man, I wish I had worked more. Yeah, You're never saying I wish I hadn't taken that vacation. Yeah, never saying those things.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: So it's just a good remind And yes, the older we get, the more it becomes imminent or it seems like it could be, and that is just a motivator for us. We're working our butts off now, yeah, so we don't have to later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well this is a This has been great.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people have been inspired, and you've given people hope that no matter what life throws at you, you know this too shall pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can. You can come out and I not can you do come out stronger and better because it's only through those tough times, those uncomfortable moments, that you figure out who you are and who your people are. And we figured that out.
Speaker 1: I forget that uncomfortable though, Jesus uncomfortable. And you guys are so busy. So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It was such a pleasure. Yeah, we love hanging out with you. Let's do dinner, maybe without cameras.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you would love it. Chicago is a great city. Do you spend time their teacher or have you spent time with the.
Speaker 1: Best summer city in the I heard that from now about late October. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: We can do our birthdays in Chicago. There we go, do it August And thanks you guys so much.
Speaker 4: It was such a treasure. Thank you, thank you.