Speaker 1: This is Leading Off Live, brought you by Prize Pick. Sign up today for Prize Picks. You use that promo code leading Off. When you do get one hundred dollars up to your match, there are one hundred percent that of course. Is the Welsh looking really snazzy today. It is a little shirt. You got it going on there? You got a big day ahead of you. What's going on there?
Speaker 2: I don't. I have a big day of talking to all you fine folks and talking about some fantasy baseball and some bedding and Jake McCarthy getting optioned down to the miners. You know that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of Welsh's bold predictions going into the season. My bold prediction was that shirt. You were going to lunch with somebody at the very least he taking a meeting you should it is?
Speaker 2: It is kind of address. I want to change it up. I don't want everything to be expected. I don't want it to always be black shirt and backwards hat or hoodie and the big hair. So I just want to keep you guys on your toes. Don't know what's coming. I don't know what's that's good.
Speaker 1: Apologies ahead of time. I see some people saying that you're having some trouble with the stream, I would just try to reload it. It seems like we're having a little bit of a problem there in terms of what's going on. So if you haven't any issues, just reload it. Everything should be okay because I'm checking the YouTube as I'm doing it live, which is weird because I'm hearing myself, seeing myself all those things going on at once. So I don't know what's going on here, but we're gonna try to do the best show we can as always every single day because that's what we do here, and I see the chat is live. Let's start with the headlines at the top of the show today because right now what we've got going on is a whole lot of baseball, so that's always a fun thing. And we'll start with Spencer Strider, who is pretty pretty good. We talked about him as a wager for Cy Young going into the season. While that number is going very quickly and getting very smaller as we continue to look at.
Speaker 2: The point, is he number one in the NAWL right now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's number one. And what's coupled is you have these shus of Verlander taking themselves out immediately in these first few weeks almost you have our contra doing with an injury. You have Corbyn Burns whose health and hasn't been great. So all of like five of the top ten guys, the only people are really standing really Gallon and our boy Spencer Strider went eight scoreless innings with thirteen strikeouts yesterday against the Marlins. And the Marlins offense is future, but I don't care. That's terrific.
Speaker 2: Had a no hitter through seven. I mean he had a that was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about something. I want to ask you this. Think about this yesterday because that performance was dominant. I believe it's like nine straight games with nine strikeouts or something that Spencer Strider has going on. And I saw this post our mutual friend Aert Cross. I've had Sean McClanahan is like my number one Dynasty picture for a long time, and he made a proclamation He's like, Shane McClanahan is now my number one Dynasty and someone you know in truth be Trupe. Someone came in and was like chirpin' but the question was really fascinating to me. The person said what makes Sean McClanahan better and more trustworthy than Spencer Strider. And I was thinking about this after this start because of how dominant, and I can only come up with one thing with Spencer Strider, because the way this guy pitches, the way he approaches, the way his stuff fools everybody. The only thing I can come up with is that he is still a two pitch pitcher. That is all. I don't want to say, that is all that he is. To take away from him, he had thirty one whiffs in this game. Seventeen came for the fastball, fourteen from the slider. But that's the only thing that I could come to terms with when I'm thinking dynasty value or any value, is the two pitch pitch side of him. Is the thing that just holds us off from all unanimously being like, this is the best pitcher in baseball.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I've heard this before, the where you know, the two pitch thing, And I always go back to Dwight Gooden back in the day in nineteen eighty four, when he came up and dominated the entire league. He was the best pitcher in baseball for nineteen eighty four nineteen eighty five, he was a two pitch pitcher, and you can. I mean, it's about location. It's about changing, you know, location, changing the playing of the fastball. It's doing all that those little things. It's about pitching with those two pitches. And I understand in the grand scheme of things, Yes, in this day and age in baseball, you know, the two pitch pitchers typically sending to struggle a little bit. And that's why even what about a year ago when we had a conversation about Schrider, I thought, maybe this guy would be a dominant closer, Maybe we should think of him that way because of the two pitch mix, how good he could be there, he'd be untouchable. But look, he's been absolutely tremendous, There's no doubt about that. And the saw young race is started to get away a little bit already. So the big concern with him was innings. We'll see how that goes, but right now I think it's about three three and a half to one, depending on the book. But I would definitely be looking at if you drafted Spencer Schrider as your one, which was another conversation we had from a fantasy perspective, Welsh a lot of people didn't feel comfortable one hundred percent with him as their number one. I did. You did, And if you drafted him as such, and you stuck a little bit earlier, and maybe you took two hitters in a row instead of went going hit or pitcher with the first two picks, you probably got him in the third round. You probably did pretty well. Tosh. Bradley did pretty well also, three runs in five innings on Monday and a win over the Astra. Six strikeouts for him, no walks, eighty two pitches, fifty three of them for strikes. He did give up two solo bombs to Bregman and Painia, but a really good outing for Bradley. We talked about these being kind of the starts to test him a little bit, and I would say, so far, first test was passed with flying colors. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he just hits zones. He knows how to pitch that curve. I love his curveball. I love the pitch mix. And behind him, he's got the best offense in baseball supporting him. Maybe the best home advantage in baseball is the raised one. I think it was the modern day era of fourteen straight home victories to start a season or however the hell it is. It's a good backdrop for a young pitcher who's got a great pitch mix and is a really good pitcher. You know, we always have that discussion pitcher versus thrower. I wouldn't want to claim that, like Mason Miller is a thrower, but he throws really hard, and that's built around a lot of like why you know the fastball is rated so great and stuff plus, but like Tys Bradley is a true, true pitcher. And this is why we made the bet. This is why you go in and you spin the fab you did early on, because this guy might walk away this he might inject himself into this Rookie of the Year conversation like we never expected and everyone was like.
Speaker 1: Already him today, Well everyone's like this morning for Rookie of the year because that outing yesterday to me was enough to prove that he can stand up to some of these better offenses. And if he can do that, I told you, iningks for me is not as big of an issue as from other people. I think he's around one fifty this year, which is what you get from most pictures nowadays. Like I mean, here, one hundred and thirty last year, one hundred and fifty is not pushing it. I understand if he, you know, falls off a little bit towards the end, but mechanics wise, he is so fluid. I don't see him being one of these guys that I'm really worried about in that sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, and he's super repeatable. What I was going to say was, like, how Strider was everyone's Accou's the next Strider does Betty, it's not a Strider, but in the same respect of how Strider came up last year kind of unexpectedly got all those starts and won some of the like I think it was like the ap rookie of the Year, but then it ended up going to Michael Harris. Like TODs, Bradley is one of those guys that is probably gonna get considerations, especially if he ends up having like twelve wins and a good k PRI nine and his era is in the threes. He's gonna kind of stick into that spot. So it's just a I don't like to call him like a safe fantasy guy because he's still a rookie, but everything so far pretty good.
Speaker 1: He's worthy of the overpay that I was pushing for two weeks ago. I was like, let's overpay for TODs Bradley because the upside there is what we're starting to see already. And with the way the pitching market's been in April, which has been pretty rough, I mean, let's be honest. I bet if we go back, maybe we'll do this at the end of the month, go back and look at the top twenty starters and kind of grade where things are right now. It's been a rough month for those of you who invested heavily in pitching to start your drafts, so we kind of warned against that. So if you did a listen, I don't know what to tell you. J Full Metal Jacket buy away our boy j Full He said that he got Spencer Schrider plus a thousand, so did I, and I just doubled down on it again. Today I actually took one of those free fifty dollars bets that I had, and I threw it on there. Fand gives your money sometimes, they liked, they give me free money.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what is the number? What is the number?
Speaker 1: Now? It's plus three fifty, oh man, So now's the time to get in again, because if it goes minus, it would take an injury for him to go in another direction. By the way, we have some new people joining us drink beer and travel. Huge fan of the show, keep it up, first time joining us live, and we encourage everybody to join us live here on the YouTube channel. It's a fun way to, you know, spend your lunch hour. If you're on the East Coast and on the West Coast, it's a fun way to start your day, just sweaking up, that's right. Mist part of waking up is Welsh in you.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell you yesterday too, by the way, you know, for the birthday weekend, I turned my alarm off so I wouldn't be disturbed through the weekend. Well, guess what I didn't do yesterday? Turn it back on. And luckily I had done some of my work before. But I woke up about eight minutes before the show did naturally and I went, oh my god, and had to get on and was able to still rock. So yeah, some of us West Coasters can sleep in a little.
Speaker 1: Bit sometimes so so well, how bad does one have to get to get removed from an a's rotation? That is the question, because that happened to Shintaro Fujinami. He is going to the bullpen. So when you know when things are going bad for a deep and you're on a reversation, and look, it's good for Mason Miller, right, it's good for those people who are hoping. He continues to say in rotation. But I just saw that this morning, and I just thought, oh, that's just sad. If you're pitching so bad that the A's can't keep you in a rotation.
Speaker 2: Well, I would actually say that the Angels, who they were just playing and played in an absurdly stupid game last night, which of course I had a bet with the Angels on that. There is a picture on the Angels that is very A's like in Jose Swarez, who might be so when you're saying, like, you know, who can be worse or anything like that, I don't know Jose Swarez versus a centaurro. Oh yeah, because Swarrez is maybe the worst picture in baseball. I just I wanted to point out last night, like you know, I I know, if it's arguable, I think he might be the worst pitcher in all of baseball.
Speaker 1: We got some minor league stuff to talk about too. Here's one of them, Welsh. This is from Mark in the chat. Your boy Bibby was scratched. Is he going to pitch this week? Biby baby?
Speaker 2: The early look is yes. It looks like he's going to get the start on Wednesday. So far fifteen innings, nineteen strikeouts in three starts. He's got a sub to era. And this is another one of those like commands spin type of pictures that is just like it's fascinating watching. I never, in my wildest dreams would have thought that before May Peyton, Battenfield, Logan Allen and Tanner Biby would all hit that rotation at some point, which I would just throw out at this point, you can't discount that a guy like that Gavin Williams might not come up. Who is the best picture in that organization. He is phenomenal and he might come up. But Tanner Biby is a must pick up if he's out there because he has a chance to stay in the rotation. I like him better than Battonfield, and I like him as a better pitcher than Logan Allen. But Logan Allen, like with the success he had the strikeouts, being a lefty, I think kind of keeps him in that rotation. But Biby, this is a very very good sign. If he's coming up and it looks like he did he is Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And let's not forget Espino in that minor league system too. I was coming back from injury, but yeah, pitching this year he got. Yeah. But they've got some fantastic young arms potentially in that rotation for the next couple of years. We'll see if it comes together. It doesn't always happen for teams. All right, Let's talk about some of these other guys though, too. Because Brian Bellow goes down to Triple A, Red Sox optioned him. The Blue Jays recalled Nate Pearson from Triple A, so he was pitching out of the bullpen. He was available there so far over a few innings in Triple A eight and a third, sixteen strikeouts, five walks in the eight appearances, so obviously they need some depth. But Pearson, once upon a time was one of those guys everybody looked at, well, you know, he's gonna be in this rotation. Is it is that dream over for Pearson or is there still time for him to reclaim that potentially if you pitches well this year.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's over. I think that's done with. I think he's a reliever. You know, I got to see him in the AFL some years back, and I remember he had spent that time in between working at drive Line and then he was going to drive Line after this AFL stint, and he just was never able to make a big pitch mix work. Plus with injuries and stuff like that, that this is a better role. This is just sometimes what happens with these guys that he's better concentrated in a shorter outing. He can obviously pump triple digits. This is something he did. One of my favorite moments was in the AFL All Star Game that year. He hit one oh three on the gun and then Pete Alonso took that out at like one eighteen out of the stadium. He had a homer off of him, and Pearson dropped it to one oh three. So this is a good sign learning to pitch better. He's having great success in the bullpen and could be like a sneaky closer option if you're in a saving holds league. I actually like Nate Pearson as a pickup right now.
Speaker 1: All right. We also have a lot of people talking about Lance Lynn. Another disappointing day for Land. It's Lynn. I want to bench him. Some people want to drop him. I mean, I just don't see a chance where he loses a rotation spot. And last year, I mean, he was so bad in his first seven starts last year and so good over the last fourteen I don't want that to happen again. So I don't know if it's a situation where he's having trouble getting ramped up for the season. I don't know if it's trouble where you know, the colder weather. I don't know what it is. All I know is I think to drop him is a little crazy right now. To bench him is fine. I bench him this week in favor of Toads Bradley Lynn a two starts Bradley at two starts. The two starts for Bradley on paper looked very daunting. I threw Bradley in there, and I'm glad that I did. But I think you bench not drop. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Welsh in like a ten man league? I think you can drop.
Speaker 1: League is different.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, you could. Stream I'm with you. I think April and May are for the time of like benching and experimenting with your pitching staff, for things to get better, for summer to come in, for the season to get right. Three or four starts is a it's becoming enough of a sample size, But like, is it an enough to quite give up on a player like Lancelin or someone? Just in the chap mentioned Chris Sale. You know, Chris Sale was crap and then he had one good start and I saw people just like dance Oh Mary, I like, hey, told you not to.
Speaker 1: I was reinvesting yesterday. He was one of my prize picks. He was again he was yesterday. So take the huge l on that one. By the way, I just want another point out to you. I mean, I look at it's just starting to feel like a victory lap kind of a show here, and I don't want it to be like that. But I don't want to talk about Taylor Ward, who was a player that scared the crap out of me going into the season. He did two sixteen right now, he doesn't have three homers, so he's got that going for him. I know the Angels have had issues. He got sixteen runs because he's going to at the top of that order. Still to sixteen batting average is certainly a problem. I keep pointing out to people last year who only wanted to see the good months and not the bad months of Taylor Ward. That could just be who he is. He could be this kind of player that gets red hot and an ice cold, or he's maybe just never as good as those hot streaks were. And I think all those fas you know, some people loved him going into this year. To me, the ADP didn't not match the risk. There were other players that like to round that same ADP. What do you think about Taylor Ward? Is he a guy that turns things around?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so. I think there's been a lot of struggles. Maybe some of it is like built around, you know, the rotation and just how underperforming it is overall. But I watched you know, there's a couple of teams, like the Cardinals have been super offensively underperforming. I think the Angels have had some games where it's wild how they're not. I'll also say, like, I think that range of outfielder, how kind of stinky is that outfield range?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: Dude, Jake McCarthy, Taylor Ward, they're both stinking up. I guess Kwan has probably been a little bit of a better get Nick Castillanos has been in that. It's just been a really weird range. I think daylor Ward can turn it around. I think he can get these of those stolen bases and some of that power. He's another guy. If you're gonna go and take guys like lenn and stuff, and you're gonna keep them but not start them, just put Taylor Ward on the bench and hold it out. I don't see why you can't do that for two or three more. We to see if it gets right and if the months turn, because sometimes these guys have a bad month and it's a bad start to the season. I think he's too good of a hitter. He's not striking out a whole bunch, but the contact woes are pretty serious and that's something we do have to watch and.
Speaker 1: It's something we've seen before. But speaking of that range of outfielders, the Giants activated Mitch Haniger. There you go, run to the waiver wire for the ten day. Il your Nolvarez also Jordan Alvarez or jor Don Alvarez, however we want to call him on the show. From now on.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, let's have an official statement or because people get like pissy about using the Jordan which was out there.
Speaker 1: This was the original name, by the way, for everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, everyone gets very uptight about it.
Speaker 1: Let's just call him and Jordan. Alvarez was held out of the team starting lineup on Monday. Lucas Giolito went on the bereavement list. Chris Bassett said he won't even miss a bullpen. He's okay. He had a little back issue. He was pulled right there, so just keep an eye on that. It was tightness in the lower back. And congratulations Max Munsey on the paternity because he's officially my daddy. Now, I figured that's where we're going with that. Now, well, we are the People Show, and I'm all about consistency, and we you know, we try to get into the comments of the YouTube channel. If you haven't already subscribed to us Fantasy Rows MLB again the fastest growing YouTube baseball channel on the planet. But here's a fun one from one of our We've had to go naked here to get this up here. So what this is. It's the same question five thousand times from one of our listeners, and I thought this would be a fun.
Speaker 2: Let me read this question. Let me read this question, bring you the question.
Speaker 1: Let's gid it didn't come up the way I hoped it would.
Speaker 2: There, It sure didn't. Yeah, let's bring that question back up so I can read it.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, I've got a better way. Why don't we Actually one second, I will reload that read the question. I'll bring it up in a second.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can read it from the other chat here. You don't have to bring it up, all right.
Speaker 1: So well, I'm going to bring it up because I want the people to see it.
Speaker 2: Okay, the question is there?
Speaker 1: It is now, Miles.
Speaker 2: I have Max on my pictures and wanted to know if there had or a normal thing to see. Any thoughts. He asked it a lot of times. I don't understand the question because it looks like it is copy and pasted. I have Max on my pictures and wanted to know if there had or a normal thing to see. Is this about Max Scherzer or is this about having Max total pictures?
Speaker 1: I think it's about Max Total pictures. And I apologize I pulled up the wrong slide. Ethan was good enough to flip me that slide. I pulled up the original screen shot accidentally, so I'm a dufis. I believe he means max innings a week, which okay, again, the great thing about fantasy baseball is you could tailor it however you want. If you don't like certain ways of playing it, don't play those ways. And if you're gonna get into leagues, and I like, you know for a fact, like Bogman asked me to last minute to get in a league with you guys, and I said no because it was daily transactions. And I said, nope, not doing it. Can't do it, won't do it. My life is too chaotic. I'll never be good enough in that league. And I'll never pay attention enough to make daily transactions in terms of line or things like that. So we're smart enough, right of course, people like you. This is my we're friend, I.
Speaker 2: Think, But like, I think that maybe the concern is and I see this a lot, and I'm not trying like totally make fun of the question, but if you're gonna ask the same question like a hundred times, like make sure it's like legible, like because I didn't, I couldn't understand what that is, and I think that's pretty well known. But what I think it is, and I see people do this a lot, is people want to have like verification that is my league being normal if they don't understand it. Normal is normal, normal thing.
Speaker 1: It is a normal thing. It's not a thing that I like. It's again, it's a thing that I understand. I think it's something that you would you would see more in the shallow leagues because they're trying to stop you from streaming every five seconds. Uh. But again, if some if it's not a rule you like, then don't play in that format or have a big conversation about it. But yes, it's not. It's not an abnormality by any stretch of the means. Also not an abnormality. Stone bases are up here, you go, Welsh. This is fun teams with the biggest increase in steals per game. You're ready for this, from point five nine to one point one nine per game, so it's nearly doubled, which is unbelievable sixty percent. The Pirates are second on this list, the Mets are third, the Cleveland Guardians, the A's, the Cubs, and the Yankees all on there.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm actually not on there just because of how they're running. But I know that like they did have nombing, like their total number got really inflated from last year. What is it. Welsh's hair is gonna need totally. I mean, I'm I'm surprised it's not there yet.
Speaker 1: Welsh's hair is going to need its own accounts.
Speaker 2: It's on Twitter account. We today's not a good one.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you pretty good the other day and the other day.
Speaker 2: We almost went hat today, but since I was going with the shirt, I wanted to go with hair because I could not get it going. It's just not a good It wasn't a good one. So if we can get a good screenshot of a good Jimmy Neutron hair today, then someone can go make the Welsh hair Twitter account.
Speaker 1: The Jimmy Newtron hair is very good, all right? Three up and three down for me. Yesterday Alex Cobb dominant six hits, one walk, complete game shut out of the Cardinals, So there you go. I think with somebody said it was what like eight or ten years since he had a complete gamer some crazy stuff like that. Good times. Josh Young went two before two homers and nice to see him getting hot there against the Reds. It's the Reds wander Franco four for five with an RBI. And what a catch he made. To you see that play I did with.
Speaker 2: The hand he had the glove, He's like ah, and then he just grabs it bare handed. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: God, I love that. Wonder Franco. If you made a baseball player in a laboratory, so good. Remember you know, Franco the eightieth best player in baseball court in ADP this year. Stupid.
Speaker 2: I we're gonna look back. We're gonna look back, and we might really be talking about him as a first round player. I like that type of catch, by the way, more than I like a dude like catching it and falling into the stands or whatever. Maybe even a diving catch. There was something about that where he just like he bare handed it from the from the glove. I don't know. I thought that was like one of my that was one of my favorite catches of the season.
Speaker 1: It was great, it was it was tremendous. Not tremendous. Chris Sale boo oh. I thought this was the turning point for Chris Sale And I thought the Orioles were a matchup that he could exploit. I was wrong. Five runs, get out, five innings.
Speaker 2: You know what you love Sale?
Speaker 1: I want to get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what you love from Chris Sale too? You love after having really bad outing for him to go in the dugout and slam his hand repeatedly on the bench. That's like a really good that's gonna have good results. And it's not like, you know, he hasn't done stuff like this a million times before.
Speaker 1: So just so give Edward Cabrera four earned four walks, two home runs. His rotation spots getting dicey at this point. But nobody's worse than Jose Suarez, a ten point two six era Welsh not one, not two, not three, not four, but five five homers. Give it up. I Suarez last week. If you watch the videos, I know Welsh has his trade video up. I have the waiver wire pickup video last week. I added a last minute guy to that waiver wire pickup was Griffin Canning. And Canning was going against the Yankees that night, and I told everybody, look, unless he gets absolutely shelled, still pick this guy up. Because Suarez is this bad. I think Canning was like he's getting back on track. This guy's got some potential, he's got some upside. He could have got him for a buck. Last week, nobody was picking up this guy who was rostered like fifteen percent of leagues. And I'm telling you right now, Suarez is done.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked Schwarz hasn't been DFA today. Like that's what I was saying on Twitter yesterday because it was for it's frustrating. Watching him giving up five homers to the A's is like, correct, what's that uh? In the math terms, you know where everyone's like, well, if someone does something good against the A's, that's not really that good. Again, five homer against the A's is like eight homers against any other real normal team. Jose Schwarrez. That he even has a job right now is shocking. The only reason he does is the Angels have to figure out because he has no options, so they have to DFA him. But the broadcast last night was like, well, if they dfa him, then maybe someone to pick him up. Who the hell's gonna pick him up outside of maybe putting him in a bullpen? Why would anybody pick up Jose Schwarz? He is god.
Speaker 1: Awful Danny g listened. Dan Gee's listening. I got canning last week. Yay me, that's right. Yeah, you this is why you subscribe to the channel, because we know we're doing over here. And you know what, I don't want to hear about twenty twenty two. I see you, doc, I see I've seen the channel talking about. Well, yeah, twenty twenty two is bad for Wander franc It was hurt most of the year, and you know what, towards the end of the year, he became Wonder Franco again. Wander Franco is a young kid, Wander Franco is a baseball savant, and again, as he continues to grow physically, he was going to continue to grow power. This is absolutely going to happen. Let's get to some prize Picks, Welsh, because that's why the people are here. Let's bounce back from you yesterday mine we're terrible, but yours were better. Let's use that promo code leading off again. One hundred percent deposit match up to one hundred dollars when you download the Prize Picks app and use that promo code leading off, or just go to prizepicks dot com go make some prize picks with the promo code leading off. Welsh lead us off.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not going to do a combo one I might. I don't know what I did on my other two, but I had the sale in Todge Bradley's strength.
Speaker 1: Sail got you how many strikeouts?
Speaker 2: Uh the zero and rarely did his job. Todge did his job, but I wasn't expecting that. But there you go. So today we're going to keep it a little. We're going to kiss, We're going to keep it simple, stupid, That's what we're gonna do. Julio Rodriguez fantasy score. I am all on Julio Rodriguez today, especially with his numbers against lefties, so I'm gonna go with this fantasy score eight and a half after a day off. Luisa Rise absolutely murder balling hits, not a big not a big extra bass guy, which is a little bit my problem here. But against Charlie Morton, he does have a little history hitting four hundred, so I am gonna also go with the fantasy score. He's a guy, you know, scoring runs. That's something I'm hoping for here. Ronald Acunya total bases has filled me yesterday. I'm gonna go back to the well. Acunya total bases one and a half, so score for Julio, score for a Rise, total basis for Acunya. Those are my three twenty two, one hundred cashing today. That's what I need to so I'm doing. I'm cashing this one today, Joe, how are you going to cash this sucker?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go with Paul Goldschman at eight and a half. Arenata has a lower number of seven, but I believe in Goldschmid today. Salvador Perez seven and a half. Good matchup there against Nelson in Arizona. We'll see him gets hot and sho heo Tani eight and a half going against the lowly Oakland A's so there you go. I know Miller's on the mat. I really don't care. From a betting standpoint too, Our betting group has tripled in the last week. So shout out to everybody out there again. If you haven't betting pros dot com slash leading off, go in there. Two people jump me in the last couple of days, because last two days it was a a little cold. Getting back on the hot streak. I told you yesterday was a weird betting day. If you want to get in with us, start to follow us, can follow me, can fall Welsh, but go to bettingpros dot com slash leading Off. It doesn't matter if it's legal or not your state. You can still join the group and make your picks and compete against us, because that's what it's about. Its about having fun. Toronto and Chicago today, Chicago is heavy underdogs at plus one to eighty and Marios is nothing but inconsistent. I just look at this Welsh's opportunity. I mean, you're getting almost two to one. That's a really big number. The White Sox still are a team that can show up from time to time. I know they've been terrible year for the most part, but Barrios can be just as terrible. So I think there's opportunity with that one. I also think there's opportunity with the Nationals. Dare I say today, Josia Gray's been pretty good this year? There plus one seventy five. These are two very heavy underdogs. I would not put them together. I would do this separately. Hopefully you hit on one of them, but I would just again, it's not a great night of wagering again the way things have kind of mapped themselves out. Joe Ryan six and a half strikeouts, I know he was so good last time against the Yankees. It's six and a half. I'm gonna go with the under here because you're getting even money on it. But in that same game with Nesro Cortez, I'm gonna go with the over. The six and a half against the Twins. Twins line up again continues to have a lot of swing and missing it. Plus one twenty you're getting on the over at six and a half, I think you can get seven. Griffin Canning at six and a half strikeouts, I'm gonna go the under. It's a good number though, but I'm gonna go slightly at the under on that one. On VP. Well, should you have any betting stuff today for anybody?
Speaker 2: Well, I did, and somebody just happened to delete them.
Speaker 1: Is that somebody be that?
Speaker 2: Somebody might be you, Joe, But I do. I have a couple of them that I can still give you. One of my favorite plays today, even though, honest with you, I've been so much better at strikeouts than I have anything else. Is a total base has been a little bit rough I'm going with the total bases on Julio Rodriguez today. Again against lefties. He has been good. He's got a six thirty two slug three sixteen against lefties so far this year. Two hundred WRC plus going up against Bailey Falter. So I really like the total base marker with Julio today. Speaking of strikeouts, pay a little bit of the juice Mason Miller. Mason Miller's strikeouts are four and a half against the Angels. You've got some struggling there. He's gonna pump one hundred early on. I actually think he can get this. I don't know if he's gonna go nuts with the strikeouts, but I think he can get this through that first run of the order and then they're gonna catch up a little bit and then another one of my favorite bets today is I'm going with the team total runs first five on the Texas Rangers. Rangers, I believe still second highest team total runs through the first five of any team as far as the score. Around three and a half they score, and they're going up against the Reds and I got that at two and a half today, So you can go get that two and a half and I believe that was almost even money. So Rangers team total runs one and a half, two and a half through the first five hu the Rodriguez total bases, Mason Miller strikeouts. Those would be my three bets.
Speaker 1: Razor Ramone, who says he's having trouble with the betting pros app. Just talk to uh, talk to my boy Mayor. Go talking the discord there.
Speaker 2: He'll get you. That's what I do. I yell at Mayor all the time. I'm like, this is there?
Speaker 1: How do I do this?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, this bet hasn't cleared. Come on, like give me, give me go.
Speaker 1: Very easy, I mean basically, you just sign up, you get the account. I would do it on the app. It's very easy, and you just click on them and then you just go to you know the quick pick and the quick pick you know, one unit, two units, three units, make your wagers and it tracks them and just do it in the group. Join us first, Oh Welsh. Do you like baseball?
Speaker 2: Baseball's cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you like uh? Do you like baseball cards?
Speaker 2: I kind of like baseball cards. I've been known to like a few baseball cards.
Speaker 1: Do you like free stuff?
Speaker 2: Freeze kind of one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess what if you go to Fantasypros dot com slash Collect, you can do all three of those things and be involved with MLB because so rare. MLB is a revolutionary, free to play fantasy baseball game with officially licensed digital cards from all thirty Major league teams. Build your team, build your dynasty, and compete against other people at Fantasypros dot Com slash Collect. It's a great way to buy, sell, trade, play against each other, test your knowledge of the game in a whole new way. MLB is so rare. The next era is yours and it starts at Fantasypros dot com slash collect. Go check it out. Super cool. Well, should been doing videos about it.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, so, you can go to YouTube channel, the Fantasy PROSMLB channel, and you can see I did a intro video of what it's all about. And then I did a video a week or so ago, maybe two weeks ago, just about some buys you know that you can look at as far as hell so rare scoring has looked, and some players that you can invest in, all right.
Speaker 1: Also investing in today Griffin Canning eight point eight, Charlie Morton nine point eight on the DFS board. I like the Angels against the the A's y because we troll the A's every single day. I know Miller's better. I don't care. Atlanta Braves again, just watch the lineup tonight. Sal sal Perez two point seven k. I talked about him on Prize Picks. He is very cost effective in the middle of that order at Rosario two point two. For the Braves home run calls today, Well, I'm gonna go with Paul Goldschmid. I'm feeling Goldie. Haven't picked up the Goldie yet. I haven't done that quite yet. In terms of the leaderboard, BHB is still at the top with eleven and Primetime in Calson at ten. We got Razor up at nine. Look, so Razor can pick home runs. Whether you can do betting pros or not, it doesn't matter because you're picking home runs like a mad man racer.
Speaker 2: Well, what's your favorite name on that board? By the way, put that board backup, Proke, question which your favorite of those names? Because I have one.
Speaker 1: Helpless in Miami is fun because it sounds like a It sounds like a call in radio show thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JJ Tator. Every time I see yeah, I always the Tator gets me going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't in Major League three? I feel like JJ, Yeah, so what's his name? Jo? Video? Major League? There was a Major League three, wasn't That was like the Back to the Miners one.
Speaker 2: I think that sounds right. Yeah, I mean I haven't watched so well.
Speaker 1: Who am I asking? I'm not I'm asking the wrong guy. Yeah, all right, so let's get your pick here. Where are you going for your home run call tonight?
Speaker 2: I mean you're gonna be able to uh, you know, follow the trail. It's gonna be Julio today. Julio has a day off. He's good against lefties, Like I said, three sixteen, four thirty five, six thirty two slash against lefties so far this year. So I'm gonna play it out and hopefully I can get on this board again. Let's go. I wanted four this week and uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good. Yeah, just because you're going, uh, you know, crazy there. And look, Razor Ramone can do the so rare too, So Razors all over. Razer's doing this so rare, he's all over. We're so happy. You're all over it too, go check out Welsh's trade video just dropped on the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB.
Speaker 2: Make sure you guys are gonna like one of them. You're gonna hate one of everyone's given.
Speaker 1: A more reason.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hate the first one, but but just give thumbs up, give thumbs up and clicks. You're gonna hate the top name on the list.
Speaker 1: I watch it, but.
Speaker 2: I warned everybody about what might happen in between the time of recording and airing, So just know that I know you're not gonna like it because I've seen this question come up in the chat. But you can check out this certain player with four other players on the trade video that's live right now.
Speaker 1: All right, So there you go. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again. We'll see you next time. Kids past, enjoy your baseball today, everybody,