Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, Oh what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 1: This is Marco. I'm guessing this is gig.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, have we ever spoken before? Marco?
Speaker 1: We actually have at the Salt Lake City show. I'm the Slinky Guy.
Speaker 3: Oh you're the fucking slinky guy.
Speaker 1: Yes I am.
Speaker 3: Oh Mike, wait wait wait okay, wait wait wait we've never spoken on this pot We've never spoken on the podcast before though, right.
Speaker 1: No, no, never on the phone, just that one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. All right, So all right, I'm gonna give some context to the people listening. Uh So, you know, as as some of you probably know, I do live show versions of this show where I bring folks up from the audience and we do a little interviews and whatnot. And I did a show a few months ago in Salt Lake City Shout Out Wise Guys Comedy Club, and you know, every once in a while. The way the show works is that like people text me with like beforehand, with like things that they want to talk about, and I'll like write down like five of the text that I get, and I'll call people up and uh, I'll usually pick like I'll pick like one kind of serious one, one kind of silly one, and then sometimes somebody will text me something that is kind of just like kind of boring, but uh, and I'm like, fuck, let's see what this is. And usually those end up being the best ones. Like I think in Louisville, Kentucky, Uh, somebody texted me and they were like, I sell oreos for a living, and that that guy ended up being the most fun. And then in Salt Lake City someone texted me saying I like to play with slinkies or it was something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, I knew exactly what I said. I said, I brought a sleeky and I'm ready to talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there it is, okay, I brought a slinky and I'm ready to talk. I saw that and I was like, this is stupid. Let's let's do this. And then uh, you came up and I thought you were just gonna bring a slinky on stage and fuck around with it. And then this fucking guy who're on the phone with right now, he busts out these like insane slinky dance moves, like I didn't know that you could be good at slinky and this dude is like, fucking I can't even I cannot even with words describe what you were doing with this slinky like you you were, you were you were making all these It's like you were making fucking constellations in the sky with it or something. I don't even know how to describe it, but yeah, you you you really brought the house down with that slinky act. That was very impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, I appreciate all those good words.
Speaker 1: It makes me feel good. Make you appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was super cool. So and then I asked you and then and then here's what really got me is I was asking you. I asked you a bunch of questions. I was like, have you ever like busked? Have you ever like, do you ever do you like make slinky videos on the internet or something? And the way you responded is you were like, I don't. I don't do this. You're basically like, I don't do this shit for cloud Er money, all right, I do it for the love of the slinky game. I was like, damn, I have so much respect for this fucking guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude. At most I post like one or two videos like every two months when I'm finally feeling it. Otherwise I just feel demotivated. I'm like, I'm just a dude who like can say I.
Speaker 3: Wish you did though, because I want to tell, like, I want to like, if someone's listening to this, where can I point them in the direction? Because I can't. Words don't do justice to what you can do with a slinky. How can I Like, if someone's listening to this and they're like, I want to see what this guy's really made of, can they listen? Can they find you anywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I actually have an Instagram. It's blotter Fried b l o t t e r.
Speaker 3: Fried b l o t t e r Fried. Yep, that's me, and you're and you do your slinking tricks on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I fucked around with just more and just slinky too. I had juggle, I have toy, I do a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: No, this guy's sick, definitely. As somebody who has seen his slinky prowess in action, I recommend checking out his instagram. Well cool man, I'm glad we got to I kind of forget what we talked about on stage, so actually this is good. How'd you how'd you get into doing the slinky thing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I saw some dude on Instagram just fucking around the slinky shout out Slinky Josh. I just saw him doing it, and I had the mentality of monkey see monkey doo. So I ordered one and I took like a few months that it took to actually learn it. I've actually realized something about myself. It's not hard for me to learn something hands on, So I was surprised how how easy it was to learn. But Slinky Josh was the main guy. And then I found some other like Korean guys on Instagram as well, who like would just set up shop outside and do all these crazy fucking slinky tricks. And yeah, mostly everything I've learned was just based off of seeing somebody else doing it and being like, I want to do that. I I just want to look, I just want to do that. It looks cool.
Speaker 3: Man shout out to Slinky Josh. Really pushing the slinky metagame forward. That's cool.
Speaker 1: You're real, dude.
Speaker 3: What do you do with your life when you are not slinkying?
Speaker 1: I'm mostly hanging out with my buddies, nerding, geeking out, playing magic. I work at a pizza shop. I fucking spin pizzas and shit too. That's one of my other talents.
Speaker 3: Wow, damn, So you're really like you're really just like a sleight of hand guy. You're doing are you? Are you spinning the pizzas and throwing them up and catching them and all that shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, I do all that shit. My coworkers like they kind of become desensitized to it. But like new people who get hired, they'll see me do that shit and they're like, whoa, what the fuck? And then everybody's just like, yeah, he does that.
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy your job at the pizza shop.
Speaker 1: When it's slow and easy?
Speaker 5: I do enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But when it's when you're getting bombarded with like eight different tickets and you have this big order of like seven extra large pieces, and you have somebody breathing down your neck saying that you're taking too long, it kind of sucks. But the people there make it worth it.
Speaker 3: Dude, I really and I just I mean this so much when I do. Remember when I was talking to you on stage, I remember thinking like, I don't know what is it? What it is about this guy, but he seems as though he has life figured out. Do you do you agree with me? Do you feel that way something about something about just the I like, I don't know you just seem as though you Obviously nobody's life is perfect, and of course, you know, sometimes work sucks and sometimes life sucks, and that's just going to be a constant for every human being that has ever lived, currently lives, or will ever live. But you just seem like you got it figured out. I don't know, what do you agree with this?
Speaker 1: There are days where I just I like to believe I do, but I completely don't think I have it figured out. But then when you have so many people around you telling you, like, dude, you got something, like you're different, like you you've got something figured out that the rest of us don't, It's it's kind of hard not to believe.
Speaker 3: Is that true? To a lot of other people around you tell you that you have you have life figured out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I believe them. I believe more than I believe myself. But whenever I figure that I don't and I'm doing shit, I just kind of think back to them, and like gets me emotional. But yeah, yeah, just knowing that my buddies and my family just tell me that I got it figured out makes me believe that I do, even though in my head I don't feel like I do. Everybody telling me I do. I believe them more so than I do believe myself.
Speaker 3: Why do you think so many people have told you that you haven't figured.
Speaker 1: Out just because what I do, the self discipline I have on myself, everything I've learned, and just like you said, everybody has shit that they're going through. The trauma that I've had in my life made me who I am today, and like, I just kind of kind of feel like through it all after talking to so many people about their problems in mind, I just kind of figured out like something mentally inside of me just knows how it works. Now. I don't know how to put it into words other than like I just I just kind of know instinctively what to do in a situation or how to feel. I know how to cope with my emotions better. A lot of people come to me for advice when it's something really really hard to deal with. Because I'm a very level headed guy. I'll say what I want to say when I say it, and people enjoy that about me.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't try and sugarcoat anything. So when somebody tells me this, I tell them they're acting stupid and they shouldn't do it, and then they respect me for that because not a lot of people tell them up front that, hey, you're kind of being dumb. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Mmm mmm what you don't have to talk about it? But like, can I what's the dark backstory of of the slinky guy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I won't get too specific with people because like, it's other it's other people's problems that.
Speaker 3: That's okay, you know, you don't have to you know it, here's the thing you actually don't have. You don't have to actually give him the answer. I just wanted to say I only I only asked you that question, not even because I I really like needed you to tell me the answer, but I just wanted to say the phrase the dark backstory of the slinky guy. So if you don't want to talk about it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, No, dude, I'll give the backstory. A lot of people well I grew up with and are very close with, kind of gotten take advantage of as kids, you know, the not the good stuff, very very horrible stuff, and like talking to them about it kind of gave me a different perspective on life. There's that, And like I have people all around me with these sort of diseases and stuff, and it's hard to see him, hard to see him worry about their lives because I worry about them too. I know people with like cerebral palsy. I can't say I suck at talking, but talking to them and just hearing the thoughts about how they have a time limit and that time limits way shorter than mine really pushed me to just learn a lot more. And I also have buddies like my closest friends. I fucking love them so much because we just all trauma bond. Hearing about how they had to deal with abusive relationships with their parents, or hearing how dad was never around to love him as much and now he's trying to get back into their lives, and all this stuff made me realize how much I had it kind of good, even though there was a lot going on that wasn't very good. It wasn't it's It's one of those things where I talked to a lot of people about their problems and realize.
Speaker 4: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's there's a lot more to life than just kind of dwelling on the past, because they go through it and they fucking make themselves like the best person They can be and it just encourages me so much more.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, it is. It is, like I was, I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and like when you when you really think about it, for most I mean, you know, setting aside even just examples that you know, you and I may gleaned from you know, our our anecdotal personal lives or you know, uh, you know, stuff stuff I've seen, you know, or listened to from this show, or just like in general, it's like my fucking most for like most people that have ever lived, life has been like horrible, you know, so oh yeah, so so just like that's kind of the perspective I'm trying to have. It's like, for most people, life is horrible, and for most of the people that I've ever lived, life has been kind of shitty. So if you're able to live, you know, if you're lucky enough to live even in a brief moment of not horribleness, you know, you're you're kind of killing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I tell my buddies. Lately, I've been trying to you know, enjoy the little things, like I'll always just kind of be in a horrible mindset because like shit happen, but being able to show off my slinky skills and get like a simple smile or a hey, dude, that's fucking awesome. Keep it up. It keeps me going and it kind of really thins out the bad that's happened in my life, makes me makes me feel better about the day.
Speaker 3: What's your ultimate dream, mister slinky man, What's what's the what's the goal or are you just kind of living life day by day?
Speaker 1: My end goal in life is to just become a DJ or some sort of influencer with my juggling skills, because, like you said, I I have people all around me telling me I know something, and like if I could push that agendas to somebody else and get them out of the hole that they're in, that'll be enough for me. But like, if I could get it the way I wanted, I'd be a top DJ playing rhythm or fucking dove step on at like some sort of big excision show or something. But you know, as of right now, I just lived day by day.
Speaker 3: I have the I have a buddy who he's on he goes on he got popular on TikTok for like giving life advice while he chops vegetables. Ah, and I feel like you could do something like that, except instead of chopping vegetables, you're doing slinky tricks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would, I would subscribe. I would subscribe, I would have I would love to hear oh yeah, I would love to hear your your observations as you do your crazy slinky tricks. They're cool slinky tricks. I'll keep piping them up.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I love it when people head me up, especially you get a fucking that's that's the top tier thing for me. When I went to your show and like did all that in front of you, and how much you like, I loved it, it made my whole entire No.
Speaker 3: That was that was. That was sick. That was that was. That was a cool, fucking, cool fucking moment because it just took me by so surprise.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was really I picked it because I thought it was gonna be funny. How boring it was that you were just like had nothing to talk about and we're just like gonna fuck around with a slinky. I didn't realize you had a whole circus act planned. But that rocks, man, That rocks, so uh well, let's see, man, Uh, well, I'm glad we got to we got to reunite. Yeah, is there anything else that you wanted to talk about or say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 1: Well, I do want to hurry and tell you this about that whole entire thing. The way I got into that show is I used my brother's ID because I'm only twenty and that ship was twenty one plus.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's I just wanted to get that off my chest because I thought that was pretty funny. I go to a lot of raves using my brother's I d I don't ever drink or any of that. I just like to go to shows.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to get the venue in trouble, so I'm not I'm not gonna I'm gonna tend like you didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Oh I never said it.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Well, thanks for coming man to good luck. I think you'll I'm not I'm not worried about you. I think you'll continue to live a good life.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Gick And Uh to end it off, fucking pirate Adobe products. Fuck them?
Speaker 3: Uh give me what give me? Let's say, what's the Instagram again? Where people can look at your slinky ship.
Speaker 1: Blatter fry b l O T T E R F R I E D beautiful, take care slinky boy. Yes you two. Geck bye bye, Hello, Hello, Hi?
Speaker 3: What is your name?
Speaker 2: My name is uh?
Speaker 1: I think I said.
Speaker 3: Vivia Blix vi VI Vivia Blix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh an edgy teenage gamer tag that I decided to stick with.
Speaker 3: Very cool, very cool Vivi Blix. That is a cool gamer tag. I like that one. When I was a kid, gamer tag was Red Treks or something like that.
Speaker 4: Significantly less cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vivia Blix is a vampires that suck life rather than blood, like vitality youth out of someone. And I played a lot of like can't be Shitty smash bros in my youth. So I was like, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be Vivi Blix.
Speaker 3: That sounds sick Vivia Bleix. Well, Vivi Blix. Uh, what's going on? How?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What brings you to this show today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Gek, So I mean, I uh, I find myself at a crossroads in life. To be honest with you, I feel like I've always kind of done what people not necessarily what people have told me but I've always taken advice very seriously and it's led me to a pretty sweet spot. I mean, I'm married to the love of my life, I'm in my mid to late twenties, and I own a home, which I was told I would never do, you know, all these awful things. But I've kind of been given a decision to either keep doing that and potentially being more and more happy, or doing something I've wanted to do for a really, really long time. So I guess that decision comes down to I've always wanted to move abroad, specifically to Spain. Ideally I work in the wine business, as Spain has always seemed very attractive to me as a place to move, and a friend of mine in a small town where I'm currently living doing the wine thing in the United States is selling a bunch of his sheep. So my options, it seems, are to stay where I am on property that I own and become a sheep farmer, which I never thought i'd say in my entire life, or follow my dreams and move abroad and kind of ignore the advice that people have tried to give me up to this point.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know, by the way, can I just say this, and I'm not saying this to be mean, but I think I had a different idea of what your life might be like by the fact that you called in using your gamer tag, and I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that it's way cooler than I thought it would be.
Speaker 2: Well, I am pleasantly surprised that it is that as well.
Speaker 3: I supse, I am, I am. I You've got a cool thing going on. Man, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 2: So one of those things where it feels hard to complain about because it's like, I have two cool sounding options, but unfortunately they are still mutually exclusive options.
Speaker 3: So let me understand this. You work in the wine business. Your friend is selling their sheep, and uh, you can either buy your friend's sheep and become a fucking cheap guy. Where you live, what you have like land? What are you where you keeping these sheep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not a whole lot. I live in Texas, so I mean there's plenty of land out here. It's like five acres, so, I mean it's not like one hundred acre ranch or anything crazy, but it's enough to like, you know, get some some homestead exemptions on taxes. Going and all that cool stuff and keep doing what I'm doing. But it's also like, yeah, I can't. I can't buy a flock or a herd or I guess, yeah, a flock of sheep and then immediately move abroad like those aren't you know? You can't do both at once.
Speaker 3: It's enough, it's enough for a couple of sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely. I think they say, like you can keep up to like eight sheep per acre, so I could have, you know, quite enough sheep that I would be. I would be up to my neck in sheep.
Speaker 3: Where would you move abroad to?
Speaker 2: I've looked at Spain, Argentina or Chile.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 2: My wife is Hispanic and is fluent. I'm currently trying to attain fluency in Texas. It's pretty easy because every we we're on the south side, so like everybody around me primarily speak Spanish. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And what you would just move and rent out your house.
Speaker 2: Probably rent, if not sell. I know. I was looking into like citizenship in Spain, and apparently they're one of the few countries that don't allow dual citizenship, So if we were to go there, we would have to renounce our US citizenship, which that part's a little scary, I'll be it's just because I don't know. But yeah, I don't know, rent or cell, I got family that plan on staying here in the meantime, So I mean, worst case scenario, I tell my mom, congratulations, you can retire and just live on this property out here and whatever.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Wow, that's pretty cool. Have you spent much time well, okay, first of all, like, have you ever been to Chile, Argentina or Spain.
Speaker 2: I've been to Argentina, and I've spent quite a bit of time in Mexico because that's where my wife's family is from, and her mom is definitely their family is like high falutin Mexico City, Mexican. They're they're like yes Espaniola and talking about like the Olympiesandre the cleansing of the blood and how they wish they were whiter than they were and all this crazy Spanish shit. I mean, they're they're kind of the ones that put Spain in my head. But then, like I said, the more I've looked into it, the more I've been like, oh, that sounds pretty sick.
Speaker 3: Uh, Well, I guess before you renounce your US citizenship to become a to live in another country and become a citizen of their country. You probably want to check it out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's uh, that's definitely on the I mean, this is like like a five year plan, not like a one year plan. But yeah, visit on the list.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if this is a five year plan, I thought you said these sheep up for sale right now. I thought it was like, you got to make your right whether or not you can buy these sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's exactly where I find myself where it's like, you know, it's a five year plan and it sounds nice in my head, but it's like, well, now the decision comes to is the five year plan worth investing in? Or are these sheep my future?
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 2: I am twenty six?
Speaker 3: Oh you're my age. Wow. Man, you've got way You've got like, way more of a life than I do. To be honest, I'm not like not I was like I was not only expecting, like I don't know, I don't know what I was expecting, but yeah, you you have way more of a life than I do. That's pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: It does not feel that way, so I appreciate it. But uh again, one of those things, I feel.
Speaker 3: You have a wife, and I said, you have a wife and a house, and and you're thinking about buying a sheep. That's pretty that's more. That's very real to me. I think that's very real. You seem like you seem like a very real person.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that. And I guess that's also why it's so scary though, because I feel again like I've I've attained what I've attained from, like uh, you know, listening to my elders as it were, whatever you want to call it, and uh and you know, being like, oh, okay, this is the smart way to move through life. These are the investments to make. This is you know, you you struggle for a little bit to succeed in the long term. I mean, we're broke as shit right now trying to afford a mortgage, but I know that in the long run, some acreage out in the wine country is going to be worth some fucking mutt spardan me some money one way or the other. Uh So, I don't know. It's it's the weird thing where it's like, do I again, do I continue that path and listen to like, ah, yes, garner these sheep, and keep investing in your property and do the thing. Or is it like, you know what, I'm done doing all that and I want to do what I want to do this time around?
Speaker 1: And will it work out?
Speaker 3: What would you do in Spain?
Speaker 2: So I I'm one of the Californians that moved out to Texas. I moved out here thinking I was going to work in oil. Uh. So I grew up by the mountains and the coast and and uh seventy and sunny all year round. So I would go to Spain and I'd live out by the coast, uh, with the mountains and all that up and like right above Portugal up in uh. Oh shit, what's it called Halicia? Uh? Just making wine? Man, just doing the doing the same thing I'm doing here, but uh with a much less certain future.
Speaker 3: I guess why is your future less certain in Spain than it is in Texas in terms of making wine?
Speaker 2: Just because I I don't know anybody there, I don't have I don't own land there. I don't like here. I have that support system, you know, I have friends I have family, I have land, I have all the stuff, and in Spain, I mean obviously my wife would go with me, but I mean it would just be us, you know, doing trying to make away. I mean, like I said, obviously we'd visit first and do all that, but uh, we thought we'd have more time to kind of make that decision, and I guess we still do. But opportunities are starting to starting to knock at our door that we if we don't end up going to Spain, we would look back and feel foolish for passing up, you know why.
Speaker 3: I mean, wait, so what opportunities are are are bringing you into Spain? Because it seems to me like the only time sensitive opportunity here is the sheep, whereas Spain will hopefully still be around in five years.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, I mean they had that civil war like right before World War two.
Speaker 3: Man, you never know, mag listen, man, I guess i'd I don't know what. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life. It sounds it sounds to me like you you still have some business left to do in Texas and you can always move abroad later in life if that's what you really want, to do.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true, I guess. Yeah. Also part of it is, you know, we've not that we're again this is five year plan talk, but we've talked about like having kids and all that good stuff, and I'd kind of rather do it in the country with universal health care. So it's also like, you know, yeah, we get a flock of sheep, and we do that for what ten years, and then we're in our late mid to late thirties, and then then we start talking about having kids. Like, I don't know, it just.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I'm also thinking. I've also I've planned out my entire life as well. At the age of twenty six, I've pretty much planned out everything I'm going to do until I die.
Speaker 2: Oh good for you, man, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, no, no, it's it's not at all. It's it's literally it's literally, planning is not doing anything. Planning is just thinking. It's the least impressive. That's like, it's like if you congratulate it. That's like if you congratulated me for planning on winning a Nobel Peace Prize, it's nothing thing, there's nothing to congratulate at all. But uh, you know, you can congratulate me when I'm dead, and maybe I'll I'll have uh, I'll have gotten to the through through the full life plan. But yeah, dude, why don't you just fucking I don't know, twenty six is young. Why don't you just fuck around with some sheep and then you can, uh, then you can move wherever you want.
Speaker 1: Figure it out later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figured out later. You'll you'll, You're not gonna die. I don't think you're gonna die young. You don't seem like a dying young type to be.
Speaker 2: I thought I was. At one point, I definitely went down the path of I know, I heard a bunch of a bunch a rave talk and all that earlier in chat. That was definitely I lived in Austin and that was my life for a long time. But yeah, now I've definitely out, yeah, just doing you know, going to raves, doing a lot of illicit substances. I mean, me and two of my buddies, we'd go in and like buy acid by the vial and all that shit. We weren't we weren't messing around with papers and intermediate. So yeah, I definitely at one point thought i'd be dead at you know, what's twenty seven club or whatever? But here I am at twenty six kicking, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I will say, if you ever do want to get back into drugs, something about being super fucked up on molly and petting a sheep sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Ooh ooh, ooh ooh, you might be onto something there, geg.
Speaker 3: Don't let me put any ideas in your head anyway. What's your name again?
Speaker 2: I'm buying sheep. It's too late, I'm buying sheep.
Speaker 3: Viviblic How can I forget vivia blix? Vivia blix? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: I guess just based on what I've said already, I'd say the people around you might know what they're talking about, but that doesn't always mean it's what'll make you happy. Success is subjective.
Speaker 3: Thanks for calling, Vivid Blicks.
Speaker 2: Nice chatting with the gag.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yep, what's your name?
Speaker 4: Uh Steven?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Steven?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: I may have made a crucial error in a roommate decision.
Speaker 3: Tell me more, uh for.
Speaker 4: A background, I've been friends with uh my, I've been friends with this guy for about a dude going on six eight years or so. We were acquainted via the religious via church, and you know, knew him throughout high school and eventually he ended up not or needing a place, and uh yeah, I ended up telling him that we got to go deal with my spot and things were fine.
Speaker 1: But he has a piece.
Speaker 4: Of historical memorabilia that I cannot condone. Oh yeah, he doesn't have any stattoos.
Speaker 1: But it's a very.
Speaker 4: Strange situation to be in, like a well one, I'm I'm of Hispanic descent. You know, he hangs out around black people, but I'd never seen him around any Jews, not that there are many where I live. But unfortunately, the previous roommate was Jewish and I'm very close with him. And yeah, once this saw got out, he was extremely offended, as he has the right to be. But man, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: What exactly what like? Okay, you say it was a piece of historical memorabilia? What was it? Was it was it? Was it like a Nazi gumball machine? Was it a baseball cap? What was it?
Speaker 4: It was a pin, I believe to me. Once I was playing I was playing Fortnite or whatever, and he showed it to me, and I don't know if he was like gazing me, but I looked at it and like I was shocked, and I was practiced in my screen and my character's dead and I'm like, why do you why do you have that? And ever since then, it's been very awkward talking to him. And yeah, it's kind of like like as this he was like shit testing me and I definitely didn't pass.
Speaker 3: So what a minute? So is this like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna attempt to give this man some benefit of the doubt by asking this question. Is this like a so this is like a literal like this was like a pin from the nineteen forties? Or or did he like or he did he go to Kinko's and get this? Made?
Speaker 4: I think he h he says it has historical value. I'm assuming it is a pin from the forties. You know. Yeah, it's just uh And like I said, it's even it's it's upset my other friend. And he has a right.
Speaker 3: To did he did he? Where did he even get this thing?
Speaker 4: I think he said a vendor. I didn't really ask too many questions because I was in shock, but he said I think he said uh, I think he said in a vendor in Branston. Yeah, and he's he's into he's always been into older stuff.
Speaker 2: We like.
Speaker 4: We bonded over like collecting Star Wars. So you know, this is kind of a big jump.
Speaker 3: Definitely. What's the name of that, what's the faction? The fucking uh the Imperials, Yeah, the Imperials. Definitely a Nazi pin. Definitely a jump from like an Imperial T shirt or whatever. I'm so is but okay, but okay, but I guess I guess what I'm asking you and I and I guess, is this just like this fucking thing where this guy's like, oh, this is kind of weird or is he like is he is?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 3: Is he? Uh? Because I guess there's a difference between like he just has it because it's like old and weird, versus he is a Nazi? Like is he do besides just this pin, do we have any information that would show that he is a Nazi?
Speaker 4: No? No, I'll give him the benefits out and say no. But also, you know, you start to feel some type of way maybe maybe it's like there's another Hispanic person that lives with me. Maybe when he starts ignoring me. It feels a lot more. Uh, maybe there's something behind that, you know, there's a little bit of that. There's a lot of like because like like I said, you know, we we grew up collecting antiques, going to like antique.
Speaker 3: So I will, okay, tell me more about your relationship with this guy, because you said you've been friends with this person for a long time.
Speaker 4: Grew up in church, all right. I've always known his like family is like we're down we're down south. So I've always known his family is pretty uh you know, got some views, but like never never to this extreme.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I know, like there's some like I fought in the Vietnam War, so I say the sea word going on, you know, the sea word for Asian people.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you make cuns. No, No, I was like, what the Vietnam War to do with?
Speaker 4: Like the Louisiana guy from a few days ago. We can't say that down here, but we can say the floor.
Speaker 3: Well you can't say you can't say cunt in Louisiana.
Speaker 4: Uh, there was somebody on your show that said.
Speaker 3: That a few days ago, that said cunt.
Speaker 4: He said he said that it was like nails on a chalkboard, shout out that guy.
Speaker 3: Oh right, whatever, anyway, I'm okay, here's okay. Look, here's the thing at the end of the day. Okay, so you you've known this guy for a long time, but do you but besides the pin do you think like, okay, you know, let's see that. How many people live in this house?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Four?
Speaker 4: It's pretty spacious.
Speaker 3: Okay, So four people live in this house? Uh? And are all four of you like friends?
Speaker 4: I brought him into the living environment at they have ran into him previously, but not as.
Speaker 3: Okay, what I mean besides, just like he's got this pin line around, like does that? Do people have problems with him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: He's uh, leave some food around, let some ants build up. But uh okay, I mean, well I've done that and I'm anai Yeah yeah. But that leads me to the other part, which is like, I have a friend who's Jewish, really good friend of mine, very much got upset. I didn't want there to be any you know, violence in my house, so I kept it from him.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think it's I think it's fair if you say to your roommate like, hey, I get that. I think it's fair if you said to your roommate like, hey, you know, I get that you like collecting historical memorabilia, but if you could just, uh, you know, not wear the Nazi pin when my friend is over, that would be cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll give him. I'll also say he has never worn the pin, so he's just had it in his hand, so at least, you know, we got that going for us, right, Yeah, and you know he's got blond and blue eyes, so it makes it a little bit more Yeah, you know, all.
Speaker 1: Right, do you know, I.
Speaker 3: Guess I'm just like, I don't, like, do you have a you. I guess it's kind of weird that he has this pin. But also I mean I don't I don't know if it automatically makes him a nye feel like we don't have enough information about this guy, Like we can't just make a bunch of assumptions.
Speaker 4: Okay, then then I do ask you the second point, which is like, okay, yeah, my my my Hebrew friend, my Jewish friend got very very upset at me, and I do feel rightfully soul, but like it's it's hard to say why I kept that from him, you know, hold, like.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, by the way, I'm Jewish too, and if by the way, by the way, okay, your friend got mad at you because your roommate has an old Nazi pen.
Speaker 4: Yes, extremely, and what does that.
Speaker 3: Have to do with you.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't tell him, and he was under the impression that I went tell him with something like that happened.
Speaker 3: Was it it was it like was it like your friend came over or was it like your friend came over and it was just lying in the fucking kitchen and your friend was like, why the fuck do you have that in the kitchen?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, another roommate told him, assuming that it wouldn't be that big a deal. And this my friend has not really interacted with that particular roommate who has it, so you know, he kind of viewed it more. And you know he's saying like, like, you know, like, well not to believe like I'm killing Jews, which obviously.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like that that is kind of their.
Speaker 4: Whole Obviously I don't support that, obviously not. And yeah, I'm at a stamson of my friendship because like I'm like, look, I don't agree with him having that, but I don't want I don't want you to, you know, act very angrily towards my friend and my house or not whoa, whoa, whoa my roommates in my house.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, here's the thing. These are the you are Okay, this is three people. You guys got to communicate with each other here, Yes, all right, because your friends, I don't know why your friend has this pin. I don't know if your friend is history what. I don't know, you know, and you don't know either, and your friend is we don't. We just don't know. We're just sitting around assuming things. And I think it's a bad way to uh go through life. So why don't you why don't you all sit down and have a conversation, for God's sake, if if there.
Speaker 4: Is something that would make you assume, it would be this this pin though that's true.
Speaker 3: You know you're right, You've got you got you are true about that. You got me on that. That is, you are one hundred correct. If there were ever something to make one assume, then that would definitely be it. You got me on that that is true. I will give you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Also, we've talked before I started escap civil war back in the day, and uh, yeah, that was it.
Speaker 3: I don't. I have no idea what you just said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't a memorable call. By the way, my name is Stephen.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you. Is anything else you want to say with people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 1: Get nation?
Speaker 3: Take care man?
Speaker 4: I'm Stephen. Bye.
Speaker 5: Hello, what's up? Gig?
Speaker 3: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 5: My name's Cody, Cody.
Speaker 3: How can I get you today?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, did you see my text message? Or did you just get my call?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, sure, sure you use a texted me? You said something? How you said getting ripped has ruined your life?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's one of the things I'll talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do How is getting ripped ruined your life? I've I've only ever heard stories of people getting ripped and it making life better for them. I've never heard of somebody who gets in shape and it makes their life worse.
Speaker 5: So I used to be extremely ripped and shredded, and now that like I'm not anymore. It's kind of kind of ruined my perspective on myself because now all I want to do is get back to that point, but it's really hard to So.
Speaker 3: I don't understand, like you're not that's that's not what So I don't understand getting getting shredded has not ruined your life. Getting being out of shape is what you're saying is ruined in your life.
Speaker 5: But see, if I never were to have gotten shredded, I would have never known how good it felt. And now that I can't get back to that point, I'm sad that I can't get back there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you were fat. Okay, so you were fat, you were out of shape.
Speaker 5: I wasn't fad, I was Yeah, it was just kind of like skinny fat, like no muscle, kind of had a shape.
Speaker 3: Okay, alright, so you're out of shape. You got in shape, saw how good it felt to get in shape, and then fell out of shape. And now you are sad because you at one point knew how good life was when you were in shape, and you wish you never even knew what that was like, because now the knowledge of how good life could be has ruined your current life exactly. Okay, all right, that makes sense. Why don't you just get back in.
Speaker 5: Shape because I'm trying, But now my life is so much busier and so much more distractions, and like I'm kind of like a lot more sad than I was in now. So I'll just you know, I'm sure you can relate to this. You kind of just sit around and eat a bunch of candy.
Speaker 3: Who the what the fuck is this? What do you what are you coming to me for? Well, you're always I mean, by the way, by the way, by the way, by the way, by the way, you're a hunt by the way, by the way. You're one hundred percent correct. There is not even a single modicum of a lie in what you just said. Is that what you're doing, You're sitting around eating candy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I kind of got addicted to eating candy in seven eleven food.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, getting in shape is horrible. I I I'm kind of at a point. I'll just talk about my my personal journey because I'm also uh sad, like I the other. A couple of weeks ago, I went to carvel I don't know if I someone told me, if I've talked about this on the podcast before, but I'll just talk about it. I went to Carvell you know, Carvelle's and ice cream place.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm from the South. We don't have lots of nice things.
Speaker 3: Okay, we went to we went to I went to an ice well. I went. I went alone into an ice cream place, and at this particular Carvell, everyone working there wanted to die and didn't really care about anything, so it was very easy to get extra topping by just asking for it. So what I did was I got a fucking I think they call it a concrete It's like soft serve ice cream, and they blend in a lot like Reese's cups in it, and I was just the guy. He was kind of standing there like sort of lifeless, and I was like, can you put more Reese's cups on there? And he put more on there, and I was like, hey, can you put like you just put even more on there, and he just kept pile them. A min there was like half the cup was Reese's cups on the other half, and he and I are both just desolate in this fucking in this carvel and he blends it together, and I'm walking out the Carvell and I'm looking at it and I think to myself, Oh my god, for the next two minutes that it takes me to eat this thing, I get to be happy. I get to be happy for two minutes. How amazing is that? Like what a cheat code.
Speaker 5: Tell me if you can relate that two minutes you're eating it, but then you get done and you're like, I want to feel that again, but I don't know if my stomach can keep up keep up, but you kind of kind of risk it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's that's like, that's like what addiction is. That's like alcoholism and food. But it's all just like borrowing happiness from tomorrow or or I guess, in this case, from from two minutes from now. Yeah, so I feel you. It's no, it's no easy feats to lose weight. It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not to get shredded together.
Speaker 3: Get oh man, tell me why? Okay, so let's talk about this. Why was it so? Why was it so great to be shredded? Let's talk about it that.
Speaker 5: Like because the amount of dopamine I could get now from like from eating like a Jersey Mike sandwich I could get just from looking in the mirror, you know.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Okay, did you feel better or was it just like you enjoyed looking looking good?
Speaker 5: Definitely? I used to always like preach how like junk food was a bleeding cause to addiction, like your physical health or not junk food with the leading leading cause of depression, is what I meant to say.
Speaker 3: Do you feel as though do you feel as though junk food is causing you depression?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no doubt. So you know, I'm trying to quit it again, quit the junk food. But no, all you can do is try to try again. M hm That's what I tell myself.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 3: Well, how did you get in shape before? Would you do? You do fasting? You do cardio?
Speaker 5: I mean it was a lot of cardio, but it was more of just like diet, and I feel like a big portion of it. I was young and just wanted to get shredded, so I was extremely under eating and then I got like I lost like all my body fat, and then I had nothing but to build up from there so I could build muscle without putting on the extra like weight. So like even a little bit of muscle looked like a lot because I had no body fat. If that make sense?
Speaker 3: Okay, So why are you finding it more difficult to get in shape now than before?
Speaker 5: Well? I was in high school then, so I had nothing really to worry about. And now I'm like about to be twenty one, and I live on my own, and I had a bunch of traumatic stuff going on in my life, and like now it's just kind of like easier to just like bug it. Like I got other things to worry about. But I know at the same time, I could easily worry about that as much as I worry about other aspects of my life.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're looking for fitness advice, you've come to the worst place humanly possible.
Speaker 5: No, it's like I know what to do. It's all about just doing it. You know. Everyone used to come to me for the advice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually ate. I literally I literally ate a bunch of ice cream right before coming on to do this podcast.
Speaker 5: I woke up at two a m. Last night and went to the gas station.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I do that. Oh that's that's that's that's me. Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 5: But it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in Look, man, I can and have talked about this kind of stuff on and on and on because it's very prevalent in my life. I don't think I ever knew how to eat right, and even now even I don't know if you feel this way. I feel trapped sometimes, right because like you gotta eat. You can't just it's like quitting cigarettes or anything. You can't just not eat. I mean the verse. There's a version of that where you just like fucking eat lettuce or whatever all the time. But uh, I feel trapped because every day I have to eat, and I know that when I go to eat, I'm gonna eat too much. And I feel like you.
Speaker 5: Just can't not drink right right right?
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I don't know if I mean, getting shredded is probably being in shape is probably good. I'm gonna say that. I'm gonna make that's my that's my official opinion on this. I don't I do not want. I do not want to look at your instagram. I have no I do not want to look at your instagram. Is it is?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Okay, don't all right? No, I don't think. I don't think you do too. Yeah, I mean if you have like a I don't know, I've let okay anyway, So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna, are you gonna promote? Are you gonna? Are you gonna get in shape again?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm gonna try my best. I've been, I've gotten I've been like, there's been multiple points where I've like stayed committed like three months and then I've got in pretty good shape again, and then it just kind of like happened again.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: That is that so fucking annoying. It's like one of the it's one of the only thing, like like with most of life's like achievements, Like most of the time, when you reach a goal, you're like you're kind of done, right, like once you achieved like a lot of a lot of the things I feel like I've I've achieved in my life or just like just like in general, when you achieve them, they they they remain achieved for the rest of your life. You know, if you if you win the bronze medal at the Olympics or whatever, no one can ever take the metal away, nobody. You can't be unachieved, right, But if you get your like body, like like the goal of getting your body a certain way, it fades like almost immediately. You have to keep grinding forever.
Speaker 5: You have to make a lifestyle, you have to.
Speaker 3: Make it a lifestyle.
Speaker 5: So annoying, there was something else I wanted to I was excited to talk to you about too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, something, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 5: I texted you saying that I'm scared I may be coming I might be becoming a wook.
Speaker 3: If you know what a wook is, tell us what a wook is.
Speaker 5: A wook is basically a like a rave festival, Like Druggy.
Speaker 3: You're afraid you might be becoming You're afraid you might be becoming a druggie.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I don't like do drugs like every day or anything like that. But I'm like, you know what Bonnaroo is.
Speaker 3: Sure, I performed a Bonnaroo back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Really, I went to Bonnaroo this past year, twenty four and it was my first rave, and it was my first time trying a bunch of drugs. And ever since then, I've been to like five more raves and I've done the same drugs every time, and I love it. It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what are you afraid of?
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily a good thing to be going out every week in the rais and getting extremely high on hard substances. Is it?
Speaker 3: Are Are you going out every weekend and going to raves.
Speaker 5: A lot of weekends?
Speaker 3: I am Okay? Are you afraid? Are you? Are you? You said you've only been to five of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's kind of a lot. I mean Bonnaro was only like two months ago. That's like every other week you've been.
Speaker 3: To five you've o guess you go out to a rave every other weekends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's been a few back to back weekends. But I'm also I'm going to one in New Orleans and like two weekends.
Speaker 3: Okay, that'll be You're you're afraid you're doing too many drugs?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: What kind of drugs?
Speaker 5: So it's mainly like cocaine in Molly's Fun.
Speaker 3: I mean you probably shouldn't do it every weekend. Yeah, you probably shouldn't do it every weekend.
Speaker 5: Well, Maley's kind of harder to find. But it's also cheaper than Cokay, so it's like pick your battles.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, I fucking I I don't know, man, what do you? What do you? What do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 5: I don't know, gay, I just wanted to talk to you. I'm just I'm so happy to be talking to you.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm sorry. I'm like a literally have no help at all on any of this. Is that the problem is what the problem?
Speaker 5: Are you? Geeked?
Speaker 3: What does that mean, are you geeked? I don't know what you mean by that.
Speaker 5: Like, I know you get geeked sometimes before a stream.
Speaker 3: You can't. You need to explain what that means.
Speaker 5: Like are you a little high?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I'm not a little high? Wh you a lie?
Speaker 5: No, I'm at work. I've been like installing sinks all day. There was some dude that was on like one of your previous dreams. I was talking about how he was a plumber, and you were kind of dogging on him for it.
Speaker 3: What don't mean I was dogging on him for it? Hold on? Well what did I say?
Speaker 5: I forget you were it might have been the dude that dealt with like dead animals, Like he he what did he do? He cremated dead animals and then he became a plumber. Yeah, it was that guy. And then you made it seem like working with like becoming a plumber was worse than creaming dead animals.
Speaker 3: I think, like objected, I wasn't dogging hold on, hold on, I wasn't dogging on him for it. I wasn't dogging on him for it.
Speaker 5: I was much rather do what I do than cremated.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I wasn't dogging on him for I think it's a really it's a respectable profession, but objectively it's not desirable to work with diarrhea.
Speaker 5: But I don't work. You said the same thing to him, and we're both gonna have the same response. We don't work with diarrhea. We we give birth to toilets. That's what you said. I was in there when you called me. I was actually installing a toilet, and then I was gonna shit in it after I installed it. Now I'm in the porter body, so I'll probably just stay in here after I get off the phone.
Speaker 3: You're in a porter body right now. I'm in a what's the smell like?
Speaker 5: It's like it hasn't been here that long, so there's a slight aroma piss, but mainly it just smells like a urinal cake.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go there?
Speaker 5: There's one more. There's one more thing I wanted to say to you. I've been so you know how you're sponsored by bark Box. Yeah, sure, you say that. If if you were a dog, you would eat the whole bag, But since you're not a dog, you can't.
Speaker 3: I have often, like ever since I was a kid. Yeah, I like, like, there used to be these things called began strips, which are like little dog treats. You know I'm talking about. You know I'm talking about And I used to think like, oh, if I were a dog, this would be dissol taste really good. And and yeah, bar box Has says stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Dog dog treats are safe for humans. My grandpa used to eat them.
Speaker 3: Way, is that the thing you wanted to tell me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can actually eat the whole bag if you want to, you don't have to.
Speaker 3: I do not, uh listen, if if I'm speaking as a representative of the company, I do not recommend humans consuming their their products.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just like they make them safe for humans to eat because and.
Speaker 3: I'll say this even if I were speaking freely, even if I wasn't speaking as an informal representative of the company, I also, as an unpaid individual, would not recommend eating dog food. And you can put me on the record as that. Yeah, okay, anything anything else, anything.
Speaker 5: Else, I like, I have nothing left bock of dog shit. Let us Bonner twenty twenty four, TikTok Riz Party.
Speaker 3: I'll try to eat. Listen, listen, I'll try to eat. I want. I was gonna, you know what I was gonna do just now. I was gonna say to you, I'll try to eat better if you will. But I'm I'm not, and I don't like. I really don't like giving empty promises to people, so I'm not gonna. I was only really doing it because I thought it would be a nice way to end this call, but I don't. It would just be an empty promise. I'm gonna continue, probably to eat shitty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't get any questions from the chat.
Speaker 1: Uh no, oh okay, love you.
Speaker 5: Get thank you for going me.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, have a going you too, I have nothing.
Speaker 5: Ghosts off the line, taking your phone calls every night, everythink goest going his ride.
Speaker 2: He's teaching you
Speaker 5: A houd your life, but he's not really an expert.