Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Saturday, February fourteenth, and it was a night of activity in the Nancy Guthrie case. Some of that activity just wrapping up as we are recording this morning on what is now two full week since the last time anyone saw Nancy Guthrie with that. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Robes. It was we talked about a night of police activity, but it was also a day of updates. Not quite the break bro, but just some continued odd happenings, including TMZ getting another damn.
Speaker 2: Note, Yeah, another note from TMZ. Police activity at a home near Guthrie, at a home near Guthrie's home, and then now there's also word about DNA at the home. So a lot of clues are piling up, but we don't have the clue that everybody is waiting for that will lead us to where Nancy Guthrie is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get you updated here, folks. First again, overnight hours, we're talking one to two in the morning, their local time media at least started to notice activity, and in particularly it was happening in two different places. One was a home about two miles away, another was at a vehicle that police are looking into I guess roads. Let's start first with the home that's about two miles away. We don't know whose home this is. We don't know why police were there, but robes even the police have come out and said in an official statement from Pima County acknowledging that yes, there is activity related to the Guthrie case.
Speaker 2: Yes, they I believe, spent about four hours, according to local reporters, inside that home searching it. And according to the local Fox affiliate, they are reporting that sources have told their newsroom that three people have been detained. We don't have any official word, No authorities have come out and confirmed that, but that is certainly getting picked up and circulated all around the media now.
Speaker 1: And again there's a lot of we've talked about this, so the void, I guess, not being a lot of official information sometimes and folks are filling in the blanks. But this one is a little different, and we wanted to pass this along because it is coming from Yes, these are sources, and they're citing several sources, but this is coming from Fox News. Fox News Digital is reporting this. That is a legitimate agency that's worth taking note of. They can just put out some bs. So to hear that Robes after what the door dash guy was detained earlier this week. They said to us in that moment, you could probably expect more detainments.
Speaker 2: And that's a really good point of perspective. So it doesn't mean that anyone has been arrested, doesn't mean they found their guy.
Speaker 3: They have said, this is very I guess in this.
Speaker 2: Kind of a case, which is highly unusual, this is fairly to be expected that you have to go through this process of going after leads, following leads, and sometimes that means detaining people to question them, to dig a little deeper. It doesn't mean that they're necessarily involved in the case, but they have to follow all leads and where it takes.
Speaker 1: Them, and you will see folks plenty of places that yes, that will be the headline that three people were detained. Nowes we caution by saying, yes, if they're checking something out, you detain someone just meaning you almost just put them in a corner. Sometimes you put it in handcuffs, but you're under police detainment. The Robes, yeah, we don't have official word about these folks. They could have nothing to do with it, and they could have everything to do with it. We actually don't know either way at this point, but Fox News is reporting that this was two men and a woman, one of their moms actually involved in this particular case. But that is what sources are telling Fox News. The other thing robes, at least for the searches go before we get to the TMZ note a different location, a range rover was being checked out. Don't know what any of that means, but they did that thing again where they put up coverings and tarps and they didn't want people to see their work. And it seems that they have taken it was a range rover that they took away as a part of this investigation. Again what any of that means, But robes, tens of thousands now of leads have come in.
Speaker 3: This work is meticulous, My goodness.
Speaker 2: Yes, the FBI says they have received thirteen thousand tips, and the local Pima County Sheriff's Department says they've received eighteen thousand tips. Hard to get your head around what that involves in terms of police work and the man hours and how you cannot just disregard any one lead. You have to follow every single one of them and see where it takes you, and now, yes, fourteen days into this investigation, it does seem like there is finally some activity. Who knows if it'll lead to something, but this is the most activity I would say we have seen since the search began. The Pima County Sheriff's Department did put out a statement. It didn't say much, but they just acknowledge, yes, law enforcement activity is underway at a residence they gave the address related to the Guthrie case. Because this is a joint investigation at the request of the FBI, no additional information is currently available.
Speaker 1: So that is the latest official word as of this recording, which is very early morning here on Saturday on the East Coast at least, but yea, as we're recording this, it's still early morning hours there in Tucson. Will wait to see if more information comes of that. But so much information robes and we don't know if it is legit or not. Is coming from TMZ that has now gotten at least five notes, two from someone claiming to be the kidnapper trying to negotiate a ransom, and now three robes we have a new one, three from someone claiming to know who the kidnapper is but they want money first. But now Robes they have changed how much money they want and how they want to be paid.
Speaker 2: That means we know that at least this person is following the news, and that's about as far as we can take it. So there is yes, a new demand for money. Remember this person who sent this initial email said they wanted one bitcoin, which is roughly sixty six sixty seven dollars. It was a little bit of a head scratcher because of the FBI reward, and once it was doubled to one hundred thousand, well that might have prompted the new email, where now he says he wants the one hundred thousand dollar reward. He says he wants fifty thousand dollars now and fifty thousand dollars after, and he promises, I won't withdraw the fifty thousand until you make that arrest.
Speaker 3: That I am promising you. I can lead you straight.
Speaker 2: To what what he's negotiating with the reward money, with team information.
Speaker 1: With Harvey Levin, What is going on now? If this person the only thing that lends Roe there seemed to be trying to follow this through. But why are they doing this. Why are you playing this game and keeping the family in pain? Unless maybe this person is not only up and up either or is this person just a complete clown trying to get some money.
Speaker 2: It's either one of those too, because yes, he if this this person is legit, let's just operate from that theory. Then he or she is obviously stating that there are reasons for them to be concerned to come forward with this information, and so they need to, as they put earlier, lay low to avoid any actual physical harm. Is what it sounded like. They were concerned for their safety. But this is strange. Why not negotiate directly with the FBI. Maybe they don't trust police. Maybe they're afraid that the police would just arrest them and not give them the money, and so they think if they involve TMZ, they've got a public eye on what's going on, and there'll be some sort of oversight in the process of them giving this information. That's the only thing I can think of other than it being a complete and total charlatan who's just making a money grab or an attention grab.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're not doing this out of the goodness of their heart. That's fair right to say, this is not just I want to do the right thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not going to suggest, but there seems to be a way to anonymously rat this person out without you having to get involved at all. If you want the money, fine, But are they that fearful of whoever this other person is and that that other person knows them and will know that it was you that rated me out? Is that because to say, oh the note, at least according to Harvey Levin, this person said, I won't, you know, take the money until an arrest is made, as if they're waiting to know this person is off the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that is what it would appear to imply. But again we're reading between the lines and we don't have all the information. Harvey Levin made it clear, and this is understandable. They turned over these emails to the police, and so they have been asked not to disclose some of the details. He only described, at least in one of the emails those details as being chilling, But we don't know exactly what he put in these emails.
Speaker 3: Did it seem to you that Harvey was taking these emails very seriously?
Speaker 1: It did to me, I mean they have to. He has to. I mean he's seen the language more so than we have. But any the stuff he's passed along talking about her condition, that things have changed, that tones have changed. You just use the word chilling. Yeah, but are you dealing with the real deal. No one has confirmed whether any note sent in is from someone that they credibly believe is involved in this case, and that is just a mix of a mess, whereas the other at least highlight here is that this latest writer who claims to know who the kidnapper is suggests there's more than one, and this is there are accomplices here.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, this was a disturbing part of the email that Harvey leven shared said that he will give information for the manhunt of the main individual that can give you all the answers and be prepared to go international.
Speaker 1: It's several folks in the non in the US. What is what the suggestion is.
Speaker 2: The story just keeps getting more and more bizarre if any of this is even.
Speaker 1: True, If this could be someone clowning trying to take advantage, this is a bizarre way to go about it. The other major thing robes again a confirmation just one step, but it doesn't give us the next one. They say there was somebody else in the house, and they know that now because of DNA being found in the house, don't have any idea who they hell it belongs to.
Speaker 2: So the DNA didn't lead to anyone already in the system, according to police, they say, it didn't lead anyone to the suspect. But what it did do, and this has got to be significant for the Guthrie family. It confirmed that it was from someone other than obviously Nancy Guthrie, but also confirmed that it was from someone other than anyone close to her.
Speaker 3: And so much suspicion.
Speaker 2: Has been loosely and sometimes directly pointed towards members of Guthrie's family. We certainly saw that early on in the investigation, rumors people saying sources close to the investigation were pointing the finger at some of Savannah's family members. This DNA would seem to point in the other direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have the same thing. We don't know what was the DNA, Where was it found? Was it blood? Was its salava? Was saliva? Was it something else from who know where? Was in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the living room, where there could have been a guest, and we just don't know who. We have no idea. It seems like at times they don't either, which is perplexing in this case. But remember, folks, this was a week of big breaks in the case, and they continue to push who the suspect could be, at least giving us some of the details as far as height and build. Will remind you of that in just a moment. Also a little bit of additional info from police telling us you're not going to get any additional info. We'll explain. Say here I continue here on Amy and TJ on this Saturday, February fourteenth, just getting up to some element in the Nancy Guthrie case. Butes the developments we've gotten. We just got one short tweet from the PMA County Sheriff's Department. We see activity going on. We just talked about that range Rover that was taken into custody and this home that's a couple of miles away from Nancy Guthrie's home that they raided, and Fox News reporting three people detained with ROMs. That's the information we have. Don't expect anymore. I am still surprised at how little they are updating the media.
Speaker 3: It is remarkable. Part of me thinks, well, it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: That means they have so much information, they have so many tips, they're having to focus solely on the investigation, and they don't want to or even need to give the media any additional information to further their investigation. So that could be a good thing in the sense that they have enough to go on, enough to work through that they don't need the media's help, which hopefully would indicate they're getting closer to finding Nancy Guthrie and who ever took her. That would be the only positive note of it. But it is perplexing and frustrating to people who want to at least be up to date on where things stand.
Speaker 1: I thought, and we talked about this earlier, that they came out the gate, we have to find this lady in twenty four hours, and then they settled into an investigation, which through me, which made me think that they're being quiet because they are actually legitimately negotiating behind the scenes. Now that doesn't seem to be no.
Speaker 2: No, I wonder, Look, we'll get all of what was actually happening. I'm sure once there is a conclusion to all of this, but for now, part of what has captivated and captured the attention of this case around the world is that there are just so many huge, glaring holes in question marks.
Speaker 3: Nothing makes sense. A motive doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: There's not a financial one, seemingly, it doesn't seem like there's a vindictive one. It doesn't seem there is even an emotional one. It literally makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: All we know is a man in a mask who's five nine to five to ten with an average bill, who had a backpack on that sold exclusively at Walmart, showed up on her doorstep. And an eighty four year old woman who is the mother of a Today Show host has vanished off the pl face of the earth. Vanished. She one man shows up, She has vanished robes. We cover a lot of cases, We watch a lot of true crime. We know how these things go to disappear like this. It's difficult to do in this day and age, in robes, to do it when the entire world is looking for you. How is this happen?
Speaker 2: Yes, And to do it to someone who is not mobile, to do it to someone who is sickly, to do it to someone who is eighty four years old. Never heard of that in my life. When you think about abductions and kidnappings, sadly, you think about young children, you think about young girls, you think about all sorts of things. And yes, we do watch a lot of true crime, and yes we have covered a significant amount of crime in our three decades, and we watch a lot of horror movies. I have never seen or heard anything like this before in my life.
Speaker 1: And that is what continues to play out here. We are, folks, two weeks after the last time that Nancy Guthrie was seeing, the search for her goes on. Will continue to keep an eye on this. But a reminder, Yes, the new images they put out Suspect five nine to five ten with an average bill the reward is now up to one hundred thousand dollars. But they are not or we are not expecting any any press briefings. They say ropes until there's a significant development. I guess that's a big deal. We know if they say something or plan something is going to be a big deal. But right now to think in a case this big that they are being very quiet right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, that they have been. You can hear a pin drop quiet, but I will say, with this latest headline now circulating about these three people detained, you gotta think that there's going to be some clarification or some sort of notification about what has happened overnight so that we can know at least there if the leads that they are following are potentially bearing fruit.
Speaker 1: You make a good point. We need to caution here that there is a possibility that this is the break right.
Speaker 3: We're so used to this.
Speaker 1: Oh hey eight, because detained and release, detained and release there it is, and so we have we have not gotten word about these folks who have been detained and where we go from here. We'll keep an eye on it, folks. As always, we appreciate you spending time with us on TJ. Holmes on behalf of my dear Amy Roboch. We'll talk to you soon.