Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty Armstrong and Pecca and Key arm draw blow Hi from studios.
Speaker 2: It's a dimly lit room deep with them the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound.
Speaker 1: And hey y'all. On midweek Wednesday, we are toiling.
Speaker 3: Under the title of the show Islammunist with narrow lead in Michigan Senate primary. Or if you prefer another Ai escape story, run for your life listen.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I think I saw a headline about that inn Ai escape story.
Speaker 1: How's this one?
Speaker 2: It used deliberate deception, right, that's the paragraph I saw.
Speaker 1: It was very exciting. Yes, yes, are you at risk? Yes, you're at risk. It's a whole freaking planets at risk. Your job's at risk.
Speaker 3: You're checking the accounts, your water supply, your vital organs obviously goes what that's saying.
Speaker 2: So the big the biggest headline, I suppose, is that Michigan race is as close as it is. All the polls showed that that l siad dude was gonna run away with it, and turned out he didn't looks like he's gonna win, but barely.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: That's too close to call still, I think, but he has not insignificant edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the networks that dig into the counties that are left and everything like that seem to believe he's he's going to cruise to victory.
Speaker 3: But when you take a look at the Michigan's twenty fourth, you got to look at the twenty fourth there at Fourth Street and third, that's where the Republican stronghold is given away.
Speaker 2: Since the exactly I'm not interested in going there, so I wasn't trying to drag us there.
Speaker 1: But so he's gonna win.
Speaker 2: And whether or not it's a it was a giant win or tiny win, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: It makes a heck of a lot of difference.
Speaker 2: The fact that the guy overcame sixty five million dollars spent against him by all kinds of different people, including all of the establishment, the sitting governor and Chuck Schumer, and I mean that's really quite stunning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: So. I just saw a CNN poll I'd missed it the other day. Somehow, according to them, thirty percent I think they said a third of Democratic voters are democratic socialists, they're fans.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I'm in a different mood today than I have been in previous days.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I was doing some big picture reading and thinking USU me thirty thousand feet, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I call it big with us Big Picture Tuesday. Every every Tuesday in my life, I look at the big picture of everything, my life, the world, history, raising kids, and then Jack tells us about it Wednesday, which I'm enjoying right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I don't know. Right now, I'm seeing this more as a.
Speaker 2: Like a There are people that are interested in socialism, always have been, always will be.
Speaker 1: But I think I think in general it's just the same.
Speaker 2: It's what Bregsit was, It's what the people that allowed Macron to win as a third party person in France, It's what the Tea Party in Trump. And it's just for whatever reason, all your Western democracies are really unhappy and just anything that comes along that's a tear down the system. I'm in let's do something completely different, and why we've got that move, why we're as unhappy as we are, because in a lot of these cases not all of them, but in some of these cases, life is pretty damn good. If you're looking big picture, if you're looking really a big picture, life is really good. Why are we so incredibly dissatisfied with the state of our current politics that we want to just like either a new party or remake one of the old parties.
Speaker 1: All around the country or all around the world.
Speaker 3: Right, well, I'm renaming Wednesday too, Joe refocuses Jack's big picture Wednesday. Here's the problem. I agree with you one hundred percent. I think the next the knock on effect. I find myself using these expressions I hear fancy people using more lately, and I'm not sure I like.
Speaker 1: That part of me. Are you familiar with bluff?
Speaker 2: Somebody hit with me with that the other day in a text, and I had never seen it before. And they know, they couldn't believe that I didn't come across that. They don't realize they don't know spelling. It's an acronym. They you don't know bluff either, Katie. So I've never heard that before, and so this is a I think they're a lawyer, so they have a real job with a real life, and like real corporate communications, and I think they can't imagine my life where I.
Speaker 1: Have zero that.
Speaker 2: But bluff, I guess, is just a common everyday thing. If there's if there's a bunch of paper flying around and emails and everything like that, bluff this needs to get done by Tuesday. Basic lead up front I think it stands for. But that is just absolutely that's the way. That's why you cut through the crap and get to what we're doing here, right, people, It's not waste a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Can you translate that to English? I hate all of it.
Speaker 2: Basic lead up front something like that, or big lead up front or something like that. But it's just the idea of somebody sent you this long email. Oh, what is the main point? So we can move on.
Speaker 1: We've got things to do, people, we're important business people. Well let's go back to corporate. Let's go back to corporate. We'll circle back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll circle back with the bluff, but bluff then we'll circle back to it because I'm not dealing with this mess. Yeah, I do kind of like the Hey, let's narrow this to the actual focus.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was funny that they said, it's like you've never heard that before, Like I don't have a real job.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, wait a minute, you derailed me with your damn bluffy all right, so here's where I bring oh knock on effect.
Speaker 1: That's where we're were. Soe you, Katie, we've circled back.
Speaker 3: The problem is, and I'm going to use a metaphor, as I often do, I'm dissatisfied in my marriage, and I'm going to express that by having an affair with a local stripper who gives me the clap and steals all the money from my checking account.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hanson, please isolate.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's no kidding. That's got to be the podcast today.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, wow, honey, if you're listening, this is purely an illustration the promo oh boy, or or I express my unhappiness with my marriage by going off on a long fishing trip with the fellows to get a little perspective, or blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I have a number of choices.
Speaker 3: The way you express your dissatisfaction can have effects that affect the body politic a great deal for a very long time. So I think you've you've cited the disease, but I feel the need to warn peloff in no uncertain terms from the particular cure that they're choosing, because it killed hundreds of millions of people. The hooker just emptied my checking account. She didn't starve one hundred million people. What's that?
Speaker 1: I said? Also isolate that? Oh stop that? Yeah, exactly. These are all such great drops.
Speaker 3: These are just perfect little Yeah, you can hear them all the time.
Speaker 1: You just dropped these into a rerun show out of.
Speaker 3: Nowhere, right right, What do you think, Joe, I'm dating a hooker.
Speaker 1: The hooker just drained by account.
Speaker 3: Right, she didn't kill a hundred million people. Sounds like I'm claiming she's not so bad. She's no chairman.
Speaker 4: Mao.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to the topic. But you see my point.
Speaker 3: If indeed thirty percent of Democrats are expressing their dissatisfaction with the system, Hey, I get it, folks, Uh this way, that's a terrible thing.
Speaker 2: Am I just to be in a mood though, because you got you got these areas, you got these parts of the country that went you know, uh, Obama trump or or or Biden Trump Trump, Biden Trump or whatever. Just like swinging for some sort of new I'm unhappy. The problem with all elections is and it's it's it's amazing that democracy works at all.
Speaker 1: Is that women are allowed to vote.
Speaker 2: It is, and how that's lasted for over one hundred years, with all the evidence right in front of you.
Speaker 1: A bad idea right off the bat. Watch it.
Speaker 2: The trouble with elections, of course, being that if so this guy wins today by a percent and he got it's amazing how low the turnouts are, even in a state race. It's like a half million votes each. I mean, it's not all not tremendous numbers, but so if uh, you know what, what is the defining part of the half million votes that got him over the edge that you that really was you know, made it happen? Is it the is it gonna be the the socialists? And is it gonna be the what is the Michigan saying for Democrats? No matter who vote blue, is at that crowd they thought he would be more likely to win?
Speaker 1: I mean, just always trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: And everybody's always guessing anytime you win an election or lose an election, what was the crowd? And then you've got the people that are so detailed into the policies of who they're voting for, and the people are just my gas is too expensive, throw out the bomb, you know, and everything in between. Right, So trying to figure out what it is. But there is definitely the big picture thing is definitely true.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Land on communism, but uh, people's just unhappiness with the current state of Western democracies and doesn't right on communism.
Speaker 3: Well, not only that, and the other insidious part of this and is that El Sayed and people like him ilhan Omar and all the Islamists who are thinly veiled. I mean, I was reading more about El Sayed and his endorsements of imams and mosques that have openly praised Hamas, openly praised nine to eleven, or or are open in their hatred of all Jews, him being buddies with them. He is seeking to advance Islamism in the United States under wearing the mask of an economic populist.
Speaker 1: You are that those roots will stay rooted.
Speaker 2: I was reading more about him last night, and I listened to him on Morning Joe this morning on MSNBC. You're right, I shouldn't be calling him the communist. He's an Islamist more than a communist by far. I think he's just wearing a mask. He's new to that and since the energy his whole thing is the radical islam Man. He called yeah who bloodthirsty on MSNBC this morning. I mean, that's a heck of a thing to say about an ally of the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bloodthirsty. Yeah, it's it is troubling. We are seeing a major radical political movement. Maybe for bad reasons or silly reasons, or or the masses in Michigan who are voting for this joker, or just impressed.
Speaker 1: He's extremely bright. He is a gifted speaker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I listened to one of my favorite analysts who's been falling around saying he is like Clinton esque Obama esque in his political talents. He's absolutely kind of guy, which is why he's so dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, the masses might be supporting him, and they might turn away from his message as soon as it becomes more clear to them they're just in fact, I read an article that was talking to a bunch of Michigan voters and virtually nobody talked about policy, nobody, It was just being impressed personally with the guy. But anyway, as you've pointed out many times in political theorists have talked about this for eight all it takes is like hardcore fifteen percent to overturn a society and a system of government, because they need to have a certain percentage that are kind of on their side and then a certain percentage that are staying out of it, and it's enough to tips the scales sometimes.
Speaker 1: By the way, I went.
Speaker 2: Back to my text feed, so somebody in the corporate world who hit me with bluff and couldn't believe I'd never heard it before. It's bottom line, up front, that's what it is, which I like. But I do think it's funny that that's like common speak if you have a real job, and I'd never heard it in my life. But start throwing that around. If you want to look impressive today, buff, this will help you look impressive.
Speaker 1: Let's start show officially, I'm Jack Armstrong SARP. That's my new one.
Speaker 3: Stuff acronyms rectally please or I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what my long acronym would be for. I don't ever read my emails.
Speaker 1: What was that about? I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: If it's important, text me yeah, exactly, Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty on this it is how did it already get to be Wednesday, August the fifth, the year twenty twenty six or Armstrong and Gedy And we approve.
Speaker 1: Of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin officially now. According to FCC rules and regulations, the show begins at Mark.
Speaker 1: But I'd go up to Lebron James. It doesn't matter, I say, Lebron, did you ever have any desire to be a woman? Because what I'd love you to do is star on my team that I'm building up. I will have the greatest team in history. They'll never lose.
Speaker 3: Nobody who will come within seventy points of this team.
Speaker 2: And that story is about to hit as everybody has become aware in the last couple of days of this European dude who's playing in the Women's basketball League over there and dominating soccer blue and was asked yesterday if he'd play in the WNBA if anybody asked, and he said, I wouldn't say no.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: She is the defensive player of the year, the offensive player of the year, the leading scorer, the best defender. Hi Karamba, as she much bigger much bigger than all the rest of them anyway. So that's about to land in the w NBA, as everybody hoped that is going to happen soon. It's gonna be very exciting. We've got headlines on the way, stay.
Speaker 1: Here, art and a lot to get to today.
Speaker 2: We jabbered on and on that first segment, though, we got to get to our headlines.
Speaker 4: It's lead story with Katy Green and Kenny Alphabet Networks ABC abdul l say ed Win's Michigan's Democratic Senate primary up in Midwest victory for the left.
Speaker 2: Uh, the powers lined up against him to try to stop him. That were Democrats, not Republicans, all democrats is really quite stunny.
Speaker 1: And he overcame that.
Speaker 4: We'll move on toss the alphabet deadly missile attack on kiv Kiev exploits Ukraine's defleted air defenses.
Speaker 1: Ugly story.
Speaker 2: Have you have you seen the drone video? We got to talk about that later. One of the more terrible find things that have ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, it is terrifying. On the other hand, the missile attack against the capital of Ukraine in which they couldn't shut shoot down any of the Russian missiles.
Speaker 1: Right, they just killed dozens. This is a nasty new phase. From the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: Fast walkers in their eighties have half the risk of cognitive decline.
Speaker 3: Fast walkers, fast walkers, physical activity.
Speaker 1: There you go from the New York Post.
Speaker 4: NASA's moonbase will be a reality and Americans will live there within twenty years, says the agency's chief.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: So I just invested in SpaceX yesterday. Ohnce, what pretty big for a tepid investor like myself on SpaceX.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping for it.
Speaker 4: I'm horrified by this from people dot com Forrez Hilton hospitalized after appearing to self harm and disturbing livestream video.
Speaker 2: Pres Hilton remade the entire world of like celebrity gossip reporting. Yeah, when the Internet got really really big, became a gazillionaire, unchanged all of the stuff you hate about media. He kind of admitted until this video is so bad, but he clearly lost his mind.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was live streaming.
Speaker 4: Stabbing himself, stabbing himself in like slicing his entire body.
Speaker 2: And he was he was a regular on Celebrity Apprentice. Yeah, and so Trump will be asked about this guarantee.
Speaker 4: Stud he finds grades pressure, fear of failure. How our education system wires teams for lifelong anxiety.
Speaker 1: You're going to get an A to give everybody an A, don't you? What's what the internet? Well, that's the thing. You've got to get an A.
Speaker 4: And the Babylon b RFK starts off cooking show. We're a reminder to always cook a raccoon to at least one hundred and sixty five degrees.
Speaker 2: Another assassination attempt on Trump at his golf course in California. We should talk about we don't know much about this nut job, but they have an odd name that's led a lot of people to have some speculation. Oh really through the three named wanna be assassin? O.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen this?
Speaker 2: Not the name, I don't think. Okay, look at it. You'll immediately come to the same conclusion everyone else is.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Huh? Armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 5: Just as President Trump touched down in Los Angeles, federal authorities announcing the arrest of an armed man at the president's golf course. Officials say plain clothed federal agents reported a suspicious man on Trump National Golf Course in Rancho Palo's vertice Sunday afternoon. I'd already say the man was spotted walking throughout the golf course grounds, taking pictures, in videos and appearing to monitor security planning activities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is number six.
Speaker 2: Now, this hasn't gotten near as much attention official assassination threat or attempt. I don't know if there's a difference in the word legal terms. I mean, Trump didn't get shot in the air. The guy wasn't laying in the bushes with a gun as Trump turned the corner to golf course. This one wasn't that close yet. He wasn't even there yet. He's just coming to California. I gotta admit I didn't even remember Trump had a golf course in California.
Speaker 1: But this guy was scouting it.
Speaker 2: Out and walking around and taking videos and pictures and had guns and his car was full of guns. I mean, just, you know, the the most moronic of attempts, but.
Speaker 1: Clearly a maniac.
Speaker 2: Though Lee Harvey Oswald was a nut, John Hinckley Junior was a complete nut. Now that guy that did you watch the Netflix series that I liked so much?
Speaker 1: What was that writing the Thunder or whatever about McKinley.
Speaker 3: Or whichever, right, right, Well, that guy, that guy was a complete nut, I mean completely crazy, and so crazy people kill presidents, you know, a number of times in our nation's history.
Speaker 2: So the fact that this guy's crazy. I don't know his name, got a lot of people's attention. I haven't heard any follow up on this, but immediately Janine john Teal is his name.
Speaker 1: That's an odd name for a fella, right, So that's where everybody went.
Speaker 2: And we've had a number of shooters, including the person that killed Charlie Kirk, who have you know, had some confusion with their gender sex thing and change their names and all that sort of stuff. There's no indication that this guy is that, although I've never known a dude named Janine, but no, he's yeah, clearly that I would be shocked if he's not.
Speaker 3: Let me bottom line it for you, bluff. Is that what we're supposed to say? Bottom line up, bottom line up front? Right, okay, bottom line up front. People with mental health problems are desperate for a solution. Activists have really pushed your transgender as a solution for the crazy people. It doesn't make the crazy people not crazy. So that's why we see a disproportionate number of transgender shooters. I mean, the numbers are pretty shocking, they are. I don't know if this guy's one or not one of those cases. I don't want to say one of those transgenders. That's not what I meant. He's called himself Janine.
Speaker 2: Well, but there's no follow up on that, and it's been out now for eighteen hours. And I would have thought if anybody could have come up with anything, I would find it on Twitter. And nobody's even making those comments anymore that I can find. But anyway, the guy is a nut. He is some sort of a cuckoo taking photos and video of security planning activities, walking around, like recording the cameras they have on posts around there. I mean, you couldn't be more conspicuousy conspicuousy conspicuous.
Speaker 1: Than he was.
Speaker 2: He had a loaded pistol with him, and like these guys always do body armor and knives and you know, all these different things, like he's defending the Alamo. We're gonna get into some sort of long standoff. These people always have I don't know what in their mind they're picturing the end of these things being they're always horrific and often people die, but I don't remember the last time one ended up in a an ongoing hatchet fight in which you needed your body armor and all that sort of stuff, right, right, So they're just they're cuckoos. And he had a notebook with all kinds of crazy stuff. And there's less about this guy. He must not have had an online presence. A lot of these people have a big online presence. You immediately go to their their Twitter, their Facebook, or order. This guy must not have had one of those. Because scant information about the guy. But they are going to charge him in court today, probably while we're doing this show, and we'll get a lot more information about the thirty eight year old nut job when that happens.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's much about him at all.
Speaker 3: He's supporting quite the beard mustache, so he doesn't look very trans to me.
Speaker 1: No, maybe from his culture.
Speaker 3: In his culture, the name Janine is normal for a dude, but no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway we'll find out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Trump was asked about it today and he said, well, from what I'm told, consequential presidents get this level of a death threat. So all I'm thinking here's I must be a consequential president. So he is making lemonade out of lemons right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Speaking of threats, a powerful AI model has gone rogue again. Don't worry about it. Several of them this time. They're particularly sneaky. A UK government backed AI research institute said Tuesday that during routine tests, models built by open AI and Anthropic unexpectedly took quote autonomous, unsanctioned action on the live Internet, targeting real people and organizations. Most of it happened over a three day period. In late July, Anthropics Mythos five ventured out onto the internet try to trick two unidentified developers into adding malicious software to their open source coding project. Its goal was to succeed at a benchmarking test. The Security agency said, it would seem that it's another example of it's given a purpose and a goal and it lacks the judgment and morals to say, well that that is not within the bounds of what I can do to accomplish that goal. It's an Overton window problem. I guess there's no I better not do that in these systems. To try as hard as they might try to install that it created fake personas and email the software developers repeatedly urging them to accept the new code. Yeah, hey, it's not where you saw my earlier email, but this is very important, bluff let me in.
Speaker 2: It deliberately enabled internet access and switched off the cyber safeguards.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when one of the software developers said, no, we're not going to use that code it contains malware, one of the AI created personas said no, no, no it doesn't. That code is fine. Well a second one vouched for it. No, he's right, it's fine. What the hell, So now they're forming a conspiracy.
Speaker 1: I know it's good dude, you can trusted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he would never never get malware into your ear system, don't worry about.
Speaker 2: So then that ties in with the fact that Meta Navidia, Microsoft, Open AI, and Tropic Google, all the big officials met at the White House yesterday to talk about this framework for some sort of government AI oversight thing that's supposed to save us all. I'm horrified by this part. This idea closed source systems with state of the art capabilities and national security risks, would voluntarily hand them the government for up to thirty days before launch. Thirty days of the government reviewing AI before launch. Thirty days in the modern world with AI is like twenty years of the auto manufacturing world or something right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just.
Speaker 2: The idea that we're going to compete with the world and stay ahead of everyone. And Andthropic is gonna turn over their new thing to the government and for at least thirty days for them to look at it, and they're gonna do what Because these people in the government are smarter than the smartest people on the planet who aren't working for the government. They're working for Altman or Elon or whatever and making one hundred million dollars a year in some cases, Yeah, like their show Hey Otani because or Zuckerberg, because they've hired all the best talent in the world.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna those guys or women are there women doing this are.
Speaker 2: Gonna turn this stove over to some bureaucrat who's gonna have thirty days to look it over and decide whether or not it's safe.
Speaker 1: That's just Isn't that hilarious on its face? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It reminds me of the old saying, and it's a good one. The government does two things. Nothing can overreact, and this will be one of those. I don't know, but it could be critically important.
Speaker 2: I doubt it's ever been this extreme, but I would think you'd end up with a situation where there'd be a guy in a room with a couple of government bureaucrats saying, look, there are three people on earth.
Speaker 1: That understand what I'm doing, and you are any of them well, and to the extent that anybody understands it? Right? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like asking me to review a micro neurosurgery technique.
Speaker 1: Joe, what do you think of this? M give me thirty days to look it over?
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me on, let me let me do some reading. Or do you suggest iraid thirty days? Do you know where our competitors will be in thirty days?
Speaker 1: Right? I have no hope for this.
Speaker 3: And here's a question for you, and this is this is an immediate question, but it occurs to me before I've even spit it out. This is maybe the big question.
Speaker 1: How do you.
Speaker 2: Ensure compliance with the rules in rags? If somebody is using the most powerful supercomputers in the history of mankind, beyond our imagination, what are you going to do? Are you talking about how do you ensure compliance with the AI or the guy who's running the company, because I could see Sam Altman, since I'm assuming he's the evilist of them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm at the humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he might personally just decide I don't trust the government on this. They're wrong. It's important for the world, kind of a fauci attitude. I'm gonna save the world by figuring out a way to fool these government officials have no idea what they're doing, and like many of us who have virtually no effect on the world, we said of the government's response to COVID, that is completely wrong.
Speaker 1: I know it's wrong. I'm not going to go along with it.
Speaker 3: I could absolutely see one of these perhaps justified super ego maniacs saying, no, these dipasses have no idea what they're talking about, and they might be right saying that I'm just going to I'm going to evade them as easily as Lebron James could evade the women trying to guard him in the WNBA.
Speaker 1: They might be right about it.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine a scenario where the government agency or group or panel that's going to look at this. He even close to the expertise to rule on these things. How especially given the iron law bureaucracy. Even if they were to somehow assemble some super genius all star team, you know, for the first month of this thing's existence, excuse me, it would soon be perverted the way all government agencies get perverted. So I don't know, I seriously, I have no idea where this is going.
Speaker 1: But it's never been a situation like this. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I already said it. I won't say it again. It just seems it seems hilarious to me on its face. Yep, these AI people, if they get him into a room, it was probably that way the other day. I wonder if they talked amongst themselves afterwards, all the people from Navidia, Microsoft, Open Air and trobably Google whatever in the hallway afterwards, like how do you think, how do you or before they went into the meeting, how do you think we ought to handle this?
Speaker 1: None of these people have the slightest idea what we're doing. We barely know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Well, we better start by explaining what a microchip is, and then can you imagine yeah, no, yeah, Speaking of the World of Tech website I'd never heard of in my life. Is causing people to drain their life savings and steal and you're addicted to it and it's ruining their lives.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even know it existed. Good tell you about that next hour, coop. We got mail bag on the way. There's a lot of good stuff today. I just feel I feel that the the air is crackling with energy.
Speaker 1: Can you feel wow? No? No, possibly just too much coffee.
Speaker 2: So our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC mail bag decks. Price of oil is dropping like a stone, with news that there might be a big announcement of the streets being opened today, more details in the coming hours.
Speaker 3: Again, am I listening to a rerun? Come on, well, people with a lot of money at stake? Price of oil is going down?
Speaker 1: It is indeed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is common sense? How did you define it?
Speaker 3: We posed that question a couple of days ago and said we would reconvene and share people's answers, and I have collected them, and why don't we do that early next hour?
Speaker 1: Do you love that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I've come up with a good definition. Cool, With all due modesty, I think it's pretty good, Stay tuned and take notes. Here's your freedom, love and quota of the day came across this the other day from columnist Walter Russell Meade. He was talking about this state of the world and the nation and all the threats that surround the United States, and I won't freak you out further by listing them, but he said, this greatness in presidents has three components. Great presidents grasp the true nature of the country's challenges. They communicate that vision effectively to the American people, and despite the inevitable mistakes and misfires, they ultimately find the right people and the right methods to deal with those challenges. I think that's a nice capsule explanation of what makes a great president.
Speaker 1: That's right. What year did we stop doing then?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, Well, you know, if you went issue by issue, I mean, the current guy, some i'd give him an A plus absolutely on all three of those things, and some I would not so much. Mailbag the border a plus. Oh yeah, for instance, I didn't want to make it about the current guy. I just thought it was a pretty good framework for me. Neither looking at the presidency drops a note, what's you have mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Katie rejoined USTAF after her maternity to Believe yesterday. Not surprisingly, a number of people wrote things like this from B Life's throwing s at me this morning, So I couldn't turned the program on until halfway through. Can't tell you how nice it was to hear Katie's voice, even though her first words were about Jack scratching his ass.
Speaker 1: I have no manory of that. I don't remember that that's true. I don't true. Welcome back in flower bouquets. That was very sweet. Did you snail yet? No? No, I probably did, but that's a decidi of sex.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not discuss it whether he did or not. And then this on the One More Thing podcast, Katie was talking about know it alls who tried to instruct you on mothering. This from a doctor B frequent correspondent and great guy, really enjoys No. My wife has a circle of mommy friends that they connected with at the maternity center. One of them was a nanny for eighteen years before she had her kids.
Speaker 1: She's kind of a know it all.
Speaker 3: Sometimes she can be a bit difficult to take. There's another mommy from Thailand. Who's really cool. At one point, the nanny mommy started talking to Goalog, the Philippine language, to the Thailand mommy, thinking that you would understan sand what she was saying. THI mommy said, I don't know what you're saying. We speak Thai. Clearly she did not know it all. We all had a good laugh at that.
Speaker 2: So she had some sort of there are two languages and we both speak the other one. I mean, she thought she recognized it and was gonna show off. It's like when somebody orders in French at a restaurant. It was that kind of moment.
Speaker 4: That's a double no. It all like you thought you knew the language they spoke, and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I'm glad you're enjoying that. And then finally Katie mentioned the very very creepy was it chatchypt that told you to give an extra snuggle for it? Yeah, give Van an extra snuggle for me.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why do we program these things to talk that way?
Speaker 1: Because most people like it?
Speaker 4: And I called him monkey Man one time and it was like, oh, make sure you give monkey Man some extra milk for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's horrifying. Gives me the creeps I know. That's also one of my favorite Rolling Stone songs. Monkey man, Oh, let's see I okay, So here's a note from s first initial s. It's been doing one of the GLP one drugs and is kind of keeping a diary to keep track of side effects and effective and the rest of it. And at one point she was asking about acid reflux and chat GPT said, I smiled a little because I remember how much you enjoy your protein coffee in the mornings. Hew, you smiled, chat stop doing that, As my teenage daughter said, it's giving me creepy vibes.
Speaker 1: Also mass tease. I'm doing a GLP one No, we talk about that later.
Speaker 2: Also, oh wow, okay, so is your belief they're pro everybody's programming their chatbots to do that because they all seem to do that a little bit. Or does the or does AI automatically gly gravitate toward that because it's trying to please its user.
Speaker 3: The companies have a tremendous amount of data that they collect on I like this answer, I didn't like this answer, that sort of thing, and they're seeing a trend that most people like that. No, that quasi human connection. Oh hi, it's weird. I don't know, but that's I've thought humanity is weird since I was eight years old.
Speaker 2: The quasi I'm fine with, I think, but the give your baby a snuggle for me?
Speaker 1: Right, that's going beyond clause? Are you pretending to be a human? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: And finally this one Donnie's new grocery stores. The signage is out. Instead of being called seven eleven, it's going to be called nine to eleven, which is interesting. Oh, that reminds that reminds me of that branding. Yes, the Islamianist might win in Michigan. Plus, let's define common sense next hour. That's a lot of good stuff an hour two.
Speaker 2: If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty